Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the ham Radio two point zero audio podcast RIP. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community. Ed says the Consumer of Spicy Poultry sent.
Speaker 2: Me, Ah, okay, that's fun, all right, Good evening.
Speaker 1: To everybody, and hope y'all are having a good evening this Sunday, July thirteenth. Thank you for joining me. Appreciate you being here. We're going to talk about three D printing tonight because I got a printer and I've been using it and I want to know from you guys what kind of I'm looking for, some ideas and some suggestions from you guys tonight. So this is gonna be a participation live stream tonight. So I appreciate everybody who's got who's here with some good information, and if you don't have good information, then you can just follow along and learn stuff. Just like I'm gonna do a special shout out to all the folks in green text in the the chat, in the chat excuse me YouTube channel members. I know Frank Hiking and Hammon, Ron Hiking and Hammon and Ron. I should say Wayne, Jerry Good evening, KB five ut I, Dave, ed Word, Hudson, Arthur W six h e R Bill, Jimmy Good evening. I see KO four a fl in the house, Prepham. Paula is in the house, Frank is in the background. Let's see who else is in there? Yeah, a good deal, okay, oh him Rated Crusader's in there, vic in there, WTF radio. Thank you for joining us, guys. Appreciate everyone being here tonight. And let's uh all right, dude, are you are you? Are I covered?
Speaker 3: No? I'm literally full. I ended up eating all the wings. I thought I was just gonna stop at ten, but I was. I was enjoying it so much. I was like, my mouth's kind of been covered, and I was like, I want to be hot and spicy again, So I thin the wings plus that shaikh Oh, I'm so full. I imagine so much fun though. Man, I like the back of my shirt is, you know, damp with sweat. My hair is all rose now like I was. My eyes were watering. Oh, it was awesome. It was awesome. Yeah, And I'm gonna probably try to find hotter and I and I knew these are not going to be as spicy as they could have been, or I could find h but I wanted to get the first baseline. If I were going to continue to do this something that everyone can.
Speaker 1: Relate, you got to start somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, So I chose the big, big restaurants.
Speaker 1: I think Duff Swings in South Lake has a hotter flavor than Buffalo Wild Wings. I've been told that I've never actually eaten. I think I've eaten there once. I never got their hottest sauce.
Speaker 3: But there is one place in Richardson and in Arlington now that has a flavor that is just amazing. Rick's Hot Chicken. I've probably talked about them before, Okay, Nashville Hot Chicken and their level six is or yeah, level six is just insane.
Speaker 1: They had a Carolina Reaper at Buffalo Wild. No, no, no, no, no, at Boomers. It was a special thing. They didn't do it all the time. They did it for a while, then they stopped. But it was supposed Mike Green had at one time, and he's like, man, these are hot. It was, yeah, it was one of those things.
Speaker 3: But oh man, but I feel it around my mouth more right now. Yeah, yeah, I'm yeah, it's still it's still on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I imagine.
Speaker 3: I yeah. So Paul says, wingstop atomic wings. That was five of them, then five of Buffalo wild Wings blazing, and then five of Pluckers fire the hole.
Speaker 1: Out of all of them, those aren't hot.
Speaker 3: Out of all of them, the hottest ones were was Buffalo wild Wings, but they had the most flavor.
Speaker 1: Nice. Okay, I've had blazing Winds maybe once. I don't like it where it's so hot you can't taste it. Now I have. I'll get the wild wings at buffow Wi Wing, which is their second hottest flavor. I'll get the wild and I'll douse him in ranch, and they're really good because you can taste it, and the ranch cools down that spiciness so you can actually taste the flavor. So I think I've done that with Blazon also. But the fire in the Hole, I didn't think the fire in the hole the one time I've had the fire and hole Pluckers, I I didn't think that. I mean, they were they were good, I guess, but uh, I didn't think.
Speaker 3: I'm good on cures. He says. A local chain has Carolina Reaper cheese. I'm good on cures. Oh I want to eat that.
Speaker 1: That would be good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that would be good. All right, couple of a couple of announcements. I wanted to bring Frank on before he and if in case he keels over and dies of a heart attack during the stream, I just wanted to get.
Speaker 3: The stomach explosive.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about a couple of things here, Okay, yeah, Jody, we'll get to that here in a second.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So gigaparts, you guys might have heard this. I announced it. I was gonna announce it on the live stream last week, and it wasn't live by the time I went live. The auction wasn't live by the time the live stream started, and then I forgot about it because we were talking about the other stuff for the FTX one. So gigaparts put up a auction. It ends in fifty three minutes, so it will end at eight o'clock Texas time tonight. And they did this on they timed it correctly. They did this on purpose. They wanted me to announce it. I didn't announce it on my live stream last week, but I did announce it during my Prime live stream my Amazon Prime line streams this last Tuesday Thursday. I really appreciate you guys who did use my Amazon Prime links this week. It does help to support the channel, so think thank you very much for that. This is the Yazu FTX one field transceiver. This is the actual, the exact model that I had in my hands at daytonhamvention because I had ordered an Optima from them and they didn't have them, and they got like four or five in at Ham mention. They're like, we're gonna give you one of these when we get the optimas in, we'll give you that one and then you just send this one back. And I'm like, okay, and this is something I say, give it to me. This is something I paid for. But I paid for the Optima and they didn't have them, so they let me borrow this one until the Optima came in. We've done the switcheroo. It's all good now, everything's where it should be. But since this is an open box model, because I had it out and I was letting people put their hands on it, and I took it to the troll pub that night and I was letting people kind of toy with it. They decided to do an auction charity auction Yazuo FTX one field radio transceiver with the Explorer backpack, the little insert that's actually for the seven o five. It fits this radio perfectly because I right it the last time I was at Gigabarts and the Poter thirty three masted all of that. The current price right now is at fifteen eighty five. All of this goes to support the qr Z one jump Start program, which gives away free are very inexpensive hts to new ham radio operas, newly licensed Hams. You guys might remember that I talked about it when it was new. I think they gave away one thousand for free, and then once they hit that thousand mark, they had to start charging for him, just because, you know, because people aren't made of money, but that, but that's what this is going to support that program. So they're still doing some deep discounts on that. And I will put a link to this in the chat here and this will end in like I said about fifty fifty two minutes. So yeah, there we go. Well they wipe the jason before they give it to someone. I hope not, because you make more contacts that way. But the APRS is working with the newest firmware, so they've already wiped the mic off of it. So there's your answer to that.
Speaker 3: So they've already mean by that they wiped the mic.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He just said they're gonna have to wipe the mic off of it too him Radio Tube in the chat said that, and I'm like, well, they did that when they installed APRS and got it working. So you know, it's kind of one of those things. It's a joke. You have to kind of be there to get it, but it's a joke.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, so we're gonna be watching that while the stream is going, and uh, hopefully somebody I know wins it because it is an auction. Good deal. So we're going to talk about the three D printer. Yeah, I got tonight, so it's right over there. In fact, i'll show it to you. I set up a new scene here, okay, so there we go right there. Ah, Okay, the top right corners, the front of my hamshack. It's right over there behind the screen, behind the camera, and I turned one of my cameras around to look at it. And then the band move slicer is at the bottom left corner. So we're gonna print something here in just a minute, just for whatever.
Speaker 3: Five spools.
Speaker 1: Four okay, yeah, there's I can Yeah, there's four in that AMS. That's the AMS whatever the auto auto, I don't remember what it's what it stands for. But the AMS will hold four spools, so you can put them all the same style, different colors, or you can put four different styles in there, four different types of filment, so you can put PET G P C T G P L A and A S A or whatever. This is the X one Echo, which was their top of the I say, I think it still is their top of the line actually, but after but since then they came out with a new printer. Since I got this one, they came out with a new printer called the H two D printer. Now the eight the X one Echo is uh this their every comes with Everything has Everything three D printer. That's their top of the line. Twenty eight nine is the retail price on that printer. That's not what I paid for it. But then they've come out with this H two D printer, and they had an ht D when I was back at Giga Parts last month to record the general class that I'm working on posting to this channel, and that one the good thing about that H two D is that it has a bigger plate. All of these bamboos that you see here have basically the same size plate. I think one of them. A couple of them might be a little bit smaller. The Mini has a smaller plate, but most of these have the same size printing plate. So you can only print up to a certain size and it won't handle anything larger than that. But this H two D printer will print. It's a larger piece, it's a larger unit, and it will print no shut up, and it will print on a larger bed. So this right here says dual nozzle, multi material, three D printing optional, ten watt ten forty white laser and cutting module, So I think it'll do laser engraving, also do that with a different head. I'm not sure. This is a three point fifty by three twenty by three twenty five millimeter print volume. Okay, So three fifty by three twenty by three twenty five. The one I have, this one right here is D da da dah. Where did it go? I thought it'd set it over here? Okay, I might have missed. I'm not okay, I'm not finding it. I forget which page I read that on. I'm not finding it now, but it did. But the one I have is a smaller print area than this new H two D. So that's that's what that is. So maybe we'll see I might pick up one of those eventually. I'm not going to right now because I just got this one. So but I reached out to Gigaparts. I said, hey, I'm gonna be live streaming on Sunday, so I said, send me any kind of deals you have, and you see some of them are on sale right here. So here, here's the official word. Bamboo Labs Anniversary sale runs through July fifteenth, so you've got another two days. Generally speaking, this is this is gigaparts. I'm reading a gigaparts email to you right now. Generally these are the best deals of the year. On top of the special anniversary price uring pricing, we are offering fifty percent off of a second AMS until when purchase unit I'm sorry, second AMS unit when purchased with an X one carbon combo, so you can load up to eight rolls of film in each AMS holds four rolls, okay, So you can get an extra AMS unit if you purchase an X one carbon combo on the sale and on the X one Echo, which is the one I have, you can get a second AMS unit for only forty four dollars and that's a two hundred and seventy five dollars savings. When we run out of AMS units, this deal goes away. So that's that's what gigaparts is running right now. These are sales on the Bamboo Labs perters themselves. And if you get the X one Carbon which is right right there, X one carbon three D right there, nine ninety nine is the prize and the sale price regularly twelve forty nine on sale for nine ninety nine, you can get an extra AMS unit for free. And if you get the X one Echo you can get an extra AMS unit for only forty four dollars. So this is something that and I don't get any sponsorship, I don't get any affiliates for this. I don't get anything like that at all. Gigaparts made me a really killer deal on this printer that I have, so we kind of partner together. He's like, hey, if you guys, if you want to make videos and promote, gigaparts will sell you this printer for a deep discount. And I'm like, sure, that sounds good. So it's kind of worked out a deal.
Speaker 3: That package that you were talking about up to eight filments, is that eight printing filaments or would just store another four and have it ready?
Speaker 1: You could do it either way, so you can, I mean you can.
Speaker 3: Get print live from either one of those eight filaments.
Speaker 1: That is correct, Yes, okay, yeah, it will load to a MS units. So for eight spools of filment for whatever you want, you could put eight of eight spools of black PLA and just print forever if you wanted to. It kind of doesn't make sense. One thing I have found, okay this So these bamboo printers, they come with a built in camera, They connect to the Internet. They come with a built in camera. You download the app on your phone or on your desktop, and when you're printing, you can kind of watch it and it records a time less you got to put a micro SD card in it, but it records a time lapse video. In fact, I'll show you one of the time lapse videos real quick. Let me go here, all right, and let me add this hold on one second at existing, Greg says.
Speaker 3: The volume is the same as the carbon X one carbon, So I guess the printing noise.
Speaker 1: I uh, I don't know what an X one carbon sounds like. I know what this one sounds like, and it's pretty darn quiet, So take that for what it's worth. I have very little experience with these things except for what I've been doing here lately with this one. And we're gonna print something here in a minute. But uh, and I want to talk about where I'm finding my my my print files, my sto files, A couple of a couple of people in in there. Okay, Giga parts is in the house right now, what's up?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: You can have up to four a MS units connected to one X one carbon or X one E printer for a total of sixteen months. Holy crap, I didn't. I wasn't sure what the limit was. So I'm like, okay, all right, that's that's what Yeah, yeah, to uh, that's craziness.
Speaker 3: But you can only be printing like one thing at a time. You still gotta wait, take it out and put something else in.
Speaker 1: So right, and that's the drawback. That is the drawback that I figured out was was the problem with why is it doing that? That's the drawback and the problem with it that I figured out by having And it's not a problem problem. It's just like it's just like, hey, okay, here's so here's a he was.
Speaker 3: Talking about volume as in volume in space, the printabal space.
Speaker 1: It's about the same. They're both about the same size. And you mean how much space they take up on the table. Yeah, they're both about the same size. So okay, so here's a here's a print I did and it's on a loop right now it should start over again. And that took about I don't know, hour and a half, maybe a couple hours.
Speaker 3: What it was that is it a phone case? No, a case or a computer.
Speaker 1: It is not a phone case or a computer. Is this a phone? Is this a computer or a phone? Ham radio or phone? YouTube channel? This is the case for my f my d x f T eight q RP radio that I built on a livestream A few weeks. Oh nice, that's what it is. That you got to get a little pin to go in the top there you can this is actually two separate pieces. The part you're seeing here is this top piece right here. Yep, this is the bottom piece, and you can get the top and the bottom. Uh, the bottom piece. The bottom piece you can get in different sizes, so I think there's two or three versions of that radio, so you can get different sized bottoms for it so it'll fit it everything. But that's that right there.
Speaker 3: A small cigar case.
Speaker 1: No, there are a lot of cigar items on some of these websites.
Speaker 3: I'd be worry about the gas on the plastic off gassing for.
Speaker 1: What though, I'm talking about like an ashtray, like I printed an ash tray. Oh, and yeah, there's a couple of things that are there's a couple of things that are uh like cigar holder cases like you have, or an actual humidor. But I saw one guy that built a humidor and he lined it with cedar, and I'm like, okay, that's that's the way to do it, okay. And I saw another guy that built one that is just it's just it says cigar box and it's just the ams and I'm or just the I think he printed out a pet G that one that I'm thinking of. But I'm like, yeah, probably probably be fine for like a short trip, grab some cigars, throw them in the car, go to go on, go out in LA or something like that.
Speaker 3: But I I gotta look at the off gassing on the plastic before I do a whole humidor. But I'm gonna if you can do that hand nooxis correct, I need a tank shaped humidor.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. That's a good idea. I like that, So okay, good deal, all right. And this one that I have will print p l A pet G PCTG. I got some TPU for it. I haven't tried that yet. I got some and I've got some uh carbon fiber. Now. I was talking about this on UH. I was talking about this on my Prime live stream the other day because we brought up some some filments that were on Prime Day Sail and someone said that GF was if you have if you have GF in the title of a filment like pet GGF for something like that, or pct G GF. It means glass filled. And I think it makes it a little bit stronger. And I believe the CF is carbon. I don't know if it's carbon filled or carbon fiber, but my understanding was that the carbon fiber stuff was supposed to be a little bit stronger. I'm not because the stuff that I have net loaded, well, one of the roles I have loaded loaded now is pet G carbon fiber.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So it's not just.
Speaker 1: Basic pet G, which I have another role of basic pet G I haven't tried yet, but pet G carbon fiber is what I have loaded. And I've printed this. This is a honeycomb storage rack. We're gonna talk about that here in a second. And I printed this with it as well. So these are these are storage systems that I'm gonna put one up on the wall over here. But but that's that's what I've been printing on. And some of this PLA that I've been printing on, and I picked up several roles of PLA at Gigaparts, and this is all Bamboo Labs filament. And I'm gonna do a whole video about I did a whole video about setting up this printer. It's currently at the editor of the editor for this channel for this channel. It's currently at the editor. But okay, Hiken in Hamm and Lou says that almost all of his stuff is printed in pet GCF. Okay, well that's good, good, good, because you get this message, like the printer gives you this message. This stuff can be brittle and damage easily blah blah. And I'm like, that kind of done makes sense to me because I'm like, I thought it was socially stronger. But maybe it's just talk about when it's printing. I don't know, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: So ham till it hurts says, uh, tank shaped cigar dispenser with the barrel of producing cigars.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea, idea. So, and one of the main things I had, one of the main questions I had is how do you design your own stuff? Now, this might be a little bit over my.
Speaker 3: Under and three D modeling tools.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this might be a little bit out of my realm of expertise, but more importantly out of my realm of do I actually care to take the time to learn how to do this crap? So I just not care to do that. I might just I might just you know, for other people have Yeah, yeah, just have other people.
Speaker 3: Mechanical engineering. It's literally mechanical engineering. You're designing plastic parts. Yeah, tinker cad, yes.
Speaker 1: Tinker cad. Yeah, that's yeah, auto cab sixty.
Speaker 3: Okay, those are the two main ones right there. Yeah, don't you have to pay a lot of money for AutoCAD.
Speaker 1: I've never actually looked at that.
Speaker 3: So maybe maybe we can find plans of a ash tray with a tank in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: You can probably make one yourself. Look, you can probably find an ash tray and then add an emblem to the end of it, to the inside.
Speaker 3: I was going with an actual Abrams tank, so the ass tray and then in the middle of the ass tray you got the Abrams trying to like drive over.
Speaker 1: Maybe, so a square a square, a circle ash tray with just a tank in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, circle ass tray cutouts on the divits and in the middle of the ass tray. Yeah, tank kind of like up on a.
Speaker 1: Rock probably, and you can probably use.
Speaker 3: It to you know, like get the ash off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could probably do that yourself, honestly. All right, So let's I'm gonna print something. I'm gonna print. I'm gonna print something that's that's easy.
Speaker 3: And uh, yep, so what are we looking at?
Speaker 1: So okay, So again the Bamboo lab software is in the bottom right corner. This is the slicer software.
Speaker 3: Okay, boat face.
Speaker 1: That was that was legit. The first thing I printed. That was legit, the first thing I printed. And uh and and it and it worked worked great. I had. I had no problems with this underneath it, right, Yeah, that's true. Yeah, So if I, uh, let me let's see, let me go here, and I'm gonna okay, So this is some of the stuff I printed. I've got a dual power pole socket for like a battery box. I printed that. This is just p l A. This is this is so far my favorite looking filament that I've used. This is a green metallic.
Speaker 3: I really like it.
Speaker 1: Bamboo p l A just standard p but it's metallic. It's green metallic in color. They have a green and they have a green metallic and I just really like the way this looks. Okay, this is I printed. I printed some dog bones. I printed them. I printed all five of these dog bones at the same time. This is uh, it's just like a They call it black, but it looks more like a gun metal gray, pla red, and then three of them in this dog bones like a like an antenna, like for the end of an antenna to tie an time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put you could put pair of cord or antenna's in here or something like that. Put this on the end of a infed halfwave so that it's as a strain relief to tie it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Fre likes the colors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I like those colors. It printed this thing in the back corner on the plate. When I printed different colors, the only time I've ever printed different colors at the same time. And it takes it a lot longer because it has to switch the head out every time. So it prints, it prints some and then it goes back and it switches the color and it you know, so if you're printing multi colors, it's going to take one girl. Because what I did was after that, I printed a couple of other things and I put two colors together and it said it was going to take like two and a half hours, and then I took one color off and for one color it was going to take like forty five minutes, and then for the other color to do a separate, completely separate print. It was going to take forty five minutes. So I'm like, okay, if I'm here, if I if I want to set it and go to bed, or set it and leave the house or something, then you know, just set it to do the whole thing and who cares. But if you want to do a little bit faster, just do one at a time, one color at the time. It goes a little bit faster. But it printed this thing on the on the I don't know what this is, but some kind of color dispatch thing. I just thought that was kind of neat looking.
Speaker 3: But the prints a little pool.
Speaker 1: It puts a little bit, yeah, just kind of like a like a pres It's not like the perjurer or something like that, because it has that in the back. But you know, it's I don't know anyway, So it printed, it printed that.
Speaker 3: Well, it has to get rid of the filment that's in the head, right, Well, they should probably cut and retract the film it, but then it's good to dump over the filment that reeled melted in the head. You can't get rid of erect. Yeah, so what was our choice for the print today?
Speaker 1: That's well, I was gonna, I was I was probably just gonna print like a like one of these dog bones because it's it's just it won't take long, okay, So so let me come out.
Speaker 3: It's a wist tower, a priming tower.
Speaker 1: Waist tower. This is this is the this is a waste tower. Okay, okay, okay, that's cool because there's a thing in the there's a thing in the back where it cleans the print head and it calls it a poop shoot and it spits all this stuff out the back. But that's not what this is. This was actually on the print bed when when I got done with that. So let's let me okay, so you see the filaments, if you could see the top right corner, there the filments I have in on the far the far left. There is this green metallic green p l A. The second one is this red pl A. The third one is the black pet G carbon fiber, and the fourth one is a glow in the dark PLA which I've I got one of these. This is an insert for this for this honeycomb storage rap thing that I'm working on. So let's print a dog bone in PLA just because, Okay, So I'm gonna open this up right here, and I think I can go to I think I can go to history. Let's see, I don't remember. If I can, there's a way to go back at there's a way to go back in history and see what you've done. And if you look all the colors down there, So if you're looking at the bottom left quadrant of the screen right now, all the colors on that white screen, those are all the filments. I have these right here, and it represents how much is left on each spool. So I just put that glow in the dark stuff on not too long ago. But if I go, let's see prepare and I don't remember, there's a way to go in here and see the history. And I can't remember exactly how to do the h maybe oh here here we do print history right here. This is what I want, all right? So these are some of the crap. And who's heard of gridfinity?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Grid?
Speaker 3: You got?
Speaker 1: For whatever reason that print history is not showing up gridfinity? Who's ever heard of gridfinity?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Uh, it's a modular system that you print and then you print like these base these bases like this, and it sits on a table or sits in a drawer. You can attach it to a wall, and it has four hundred thousand different types of holders you attached to this system, like a complete socket set holder, screwdriver holder, pen holder, all kinds of stuff. So I learned about gridfinity not too long ago. Uh, let's go down here, I have.
Speaker 3: It's awesome, Dave says in the chat.
Speaker 1: Open model, Dave. That doesn't surprise me that that Dave has done that. Okay, Uh, okay.
Speaker 3: Download is super organization.
Speaker 1: Yes, super organization. Correct, that's what it is, all right, the correct switch.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: So the cool thing about this Bamboo Lab software is it'll come up if you open an STO file or downloaded file or something else, and it says because when you save the file, you save it is whatever filment you want. Okay. So if somebody prints it in some kind of weird film in ABS or TPU or some kind of pet G that I want PCGG or something I don't have, then I can't print that because I don't have that filment right now. So what it does is you open this up and here this is your first screen, and you can see we're gonna print these two dog bones here. Okay, we're not gonna print them in black. I I this is what I do. You guys tell me if there's a better way to do this. Okay. So I click on SINC Printer Information this button right here, and it comes up and it says continue to sync. And what it does is it reads all the filments that are in the printer right now, and uh, you have changed. Uh no, don't save that. I don't care what I say.
Speaker 3: Dave, it's my new friend. He is. Dave said, I'm printing you as cigar ash tray with a tank in the middle.
Speaker 1: With a tank in the middle there right now. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: And now you have a question.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on what once you print all this stuff, it'll come up with It'll come up with all the films that you currently have loaded into the printer. And I go ahead and remove these ones that the printer that that the actual element is set up for. Okay. Now I have one, two, three, and four my pl A metal, pl A basic, pet pet G carbon fiber and pl A glow. And then what I do is I write, click on this and I say change filment right there, and I'm gonna print these and glow in the dark. Now, okay, let me let me do this as an example. Okay. Now, so so there's two different colors here right now, right, and if I click on slice plate, it's gonna kind of measure everything or what you do. And then I click on print plate. It's not gonna print it yet, but it brings up this other win and it says, and I know you can't see the other window right now, it says, my print time is one hour and forty one minutes. Okay, that's for two that's for two of these and two different colors. So I'm gonna go back over here and i'm gonna go back to prepare and i'm gonna change this one to glow as well, and then i'm gonna slice it again, all right, and then i'm gonna click on print And now it's saying thirty minutes. So it was an hour, so it was a little bit more than twice as long to print two different colors. So I'm gonna send this and it's going to come up to a different window here in a minute. So to take thirty minutes to print this and by that time, well, our eBay auction will be over nice okay. And now I don't know if you can see that in the camera or not the cameras.
Speaker 3: Do you see the camera the.
Speaker 1: Top the top right camera that you should start seeing some of that filament start to move and some of the heads start to move. There's a uh, there's a glare in the in the door there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it and now it's running. Yeah, now it's running and you can't you can't hear it because it's pretty I can hear it here it's but it's still pretty quiet. Do pro oh day okay, see see and that's what I want to learn. Okay, Dave says, do print by part when using multiple film, it's only one filment change. Okay, you can print from either. For school's ams, yes, you can show the camera, show what camera so you can see. Yeah, you can see that going. Now it's going inside of the slicing software and it's moving and doing his thing.
Speaker 3: But it's right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so what it says is preparing, uh preparing. It says printing PROG. And it says head heat bed preheating. That's what it says down there at the bottom green text heat bed preheating, so it and this is a this is an enclosed this is a climate controlled enclosure. If I have the door shut, sometimes it'll tell me, say, it's a little bit hot in here. It's been hot in Texas, so you can open the door and let it kind of cool. But it does have a built in air condition too, because it'll say cooling the chamber and you kind of hear it kick on and hear a fan kick on, and I'm like, I don't know if it's an air conditioner or just a fan, but you can hear it cooling the chamber. It'll say cooling chamber. It heats up the bed, it cools down the chamber, and then it really levels everything and it does it. It's it's it does it all itself. It's really cool.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. So, uh, is those kind of question about when okay, print fails? Uh? Or when a print runs out of filam it can you switch out the film and say continue or will it fail over?
Speaker 1: So okay, so do you see how this So we're talking out the bamboo labs on older printers which are not this smart, not this idiot proof. I wanted a printer that was idiot proof because it's me. Okay, you see how these filaments right here on the bottom left quadrant of the screen right now, it's got the and the bottom right corner of that quadrant. It's got these four filaments right here, okay, And it's got the pet g the green metallic, the red, the black, and the glow. And you can see how they're kind of different levels in there. It knows the bamboo printer knows how much is on that spool. When you feed the spool in the printer, it does this calibration thing and it says, okay, you have this many feet or this many meters I think of filament. It knows how much filment it has left on all four of those spools, and it knows, assuming the print file was done correctly, it knows how much filment it's going to take to print the file that you're telling it to print. And you can kind of adjust the density. I haven't tried adjusting density or changing the end. There's some kind of like infill or or somehow to tell it to use less or more filament inside to make it stronger or lighter or something like that. I've I've done everything default to this point in time, I haven't tried messing with that at all. But the printer knows how much filment you have and how much filment it's going to take to do the project. And this one will tell you, Nope, you don't have enough filment right now. So it'll it'll say, you know, yeah, the infill greg correct the infill. You can change the infill density, or at least that that's how I read it anyway. I meant I haven't messed with that at all. But but you can go in there and tell and but it will tell you it's like, no, you don't have enough of these, so you can either. And there's another thing in there where when you saw that I was I had I had two, there were two in the file. There's a thing you can write. Click on the file and you can say fill the bed with as many of these as you want, and it'll fill the bed because it knows how big the bed is. So fill the bed to print as many mock possible maximum as you that you can, and it'll start, it'll print. It'll print like thirty of them at one time. It takes a lot longer, obviously than to print two of them. But again, you know, if you're like, hey, I'm gonna print this tonight and go to sleep, just click click click done. See you. But uh, you asked about failed prints. I'm gonna show you a couple of failed prints.
Speaker 3: Hold on, oh nice, nice, While you do that, still waiting for some questions. Dave said he's going to bring me some of that cheese and that's gonna be awesome. I'm sorry. That wasn't Dave, that was Hankank Cank. Thank you, Hank. I can't wait to change taste that cheese. We're gonna get some of that cheese. Jason, and the horsepadis cheese.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 3: Ghost pepper cheese, ghost pepper cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds good. So there's a nut. So these are tooth filments and this is this is cool, this is this is one possible that I'm doing something wrong. Okay, And I made a video about setting up this printer and one of the filaments this is not the glow in the dark filment. This is a filment that's currently not loaded in the printer. Okay. When I put this filment in, this is one of the first filaments I put in, it broke like like the printer was pulling the filament in and the filment snapped. So there was a piece of filment in the printer in the tube this long that it couldn't get out because it had snapped off the spool. So I had to get like a I took another filment and I kind of pushed it down. I took it all apart, pushed it down. I got it out of there. And then but this this filment was incredibly brittle. Now they say that show my miss what are you talking about, Dave?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so they say that you that the filment will fail when it gets too moist. You have to control the moisture. It's basically the opposite of a humidor. You have to keep it dry. So if it's too wet, too humid in the area, they say it'll fail. Well, when this stuff kept breaking on me, it really felt to me like it was too freaking dry because it was brittle. And this is this is just a regular basic PLA. This is not a carbon fiber or a glass filled nothing, nothing special. It's just a regular basic PLA. And for whatever reason, I got like five rolls of PLA and this is the only one that's given me fits so for whatever reason, it just it it didn't work. So I let it sit for like a week, and then I tried it again and you can see. I mean, I don't know how how well you guys can see this right here, but if you if you look right here, you see how it's got all those spines and everything and all this crap on it. This is how it came out of the printer. It just it just did not for whatever reason, it just does not like this freaking this fillam it. I don't know if there's something wrong with the stool stool, with the spool when I got it. Yeah, I don't know if there's something wrong with it when I got it, because it was really brittle and it didn't load properly the first time. Then after I let it sit a week, it printed a print like that. I don't know. I don't know what the deal was with that. So but that's the But again, this is basic PLA and I've not had any trouble with the other four rolls of PLA that I've tried so far, so I don't know. This one is another one, and this is a this is one that I got This is also a bamboo labs. Yeah, not stool tim sorry, but this is all. This is one called So the one I have now is PET. The one I have in there now is PET GCF. This one, it came up and it read it as p p a HT so it was a high temperature PLA that's what it read it as. And and for whatever reason, this stuff does not stick to the bed. That's what this this, this started, This was supposed to be. This is supposed to be this, and I stopped it. I was watching, I was watching the video on it, and I stopped and I saw the print head come down and it went and I'm like, okay, it's not stuck to the print head. So I just stopped it so it wouldn't spaghetti on me. But for whatever reason, this stuff does not, or at least on this print, it didn't stick to the bed. I printed a couple other smaller things. It was okay, but there's a I think it's a high temperature p l A p L a h T. It was either p a h T or p L a h T high temperature. And I don't know. This print head on this X one echo is supposed to handle anything, including ABS, which is the one that smells really bad. I'm told it'll do TPU, it'll do uh P C t G and pet G and all the other all the all the all the other stuff too. But for whatever reason, that one just it didn't like that one. So right now those are the only two. Well, I had one spaghett on me out of the out of the red. I think it was the red one that spaghetti on me. I was printing something and it just I don't know why. I so the guy that, the guy at gigaparts that gave me a crash course in uh coder Jim says bed temperature too low. It's not supposed to do that though it's supposed to regulate all that. This this model is supposed to regulate all that. I don't know. I mean, you know, it's freaking ABS smells better than a ham fest, That's okay, but uh uh So the guy that gave me a crash course, his name is Glenn at gigaparts. He's in fact, I think he's doing a couple of classes during the week of Huntsville. So if you guys have a chance to go to gigaparts during the Huntsville Hamfest that week before check out some of the classes that they do. But he said that you're if you touch the bedplate too often, your fingers get oily and get sticky on there, and it can cause the bed plate to get you know, oilean. So he just he's like, wash it in soap and dawn or I'm sorry, dawn and dawn, soap and water, soap and water, just dish washing, soap and water. I'm like, okay, So I did that. After, after I had a couple of Prince spaghetti on me, I did that and that that did seem to fix it, seemed to fix that problem.
Speaker 3: My question earlier was I saw in the chat here. Sorry I can't find who asked it. Is this your first real three D printer?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, my first I had. I had a Prusa for a while. I had bought a Prusa on sale at Black Friday like two years ago, and I never used it. In fact, it was I sold it on Facebook. Was brand new in a box when I sold it, and uh and when these bamboo ones came out, I was like, okay, because everybody says they're idiot proof, and yeah, so yeah, that's that was. Yes, this is the first one that I've ever actually set up and used.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, oh, what are you drinking Jason's wine?
Speaker 1: Oh it's different, Cabernet seven.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Trying not to drink beer because of the calories, the well, the calories and the and the and.
Speaker 3: The carbs, the carbs.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I won't drink cheap beer. I'd rather drink water. I don't want to drink cheap beer. So I'll have a good beer every now and then, but I don't drink much beer anymore, or I'm trying not to anyway. And I'm out of whiskey, so so I'm not having whiskey in to night because whiskey and hot wings dunt links. That makes sense. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it will probably give you even worse heartburn.
Speaker 1: So hold on a second. I gotta Okay, So guy says, drink I p A. I would rather drink this, uh this, I would rather drink this p s A, this liquid PA, this liquid PLA than drinking I p A. Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Don has a good follow up question for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead, can you pull it up?
Speaker 3: There? You go?
Speaker 1: What a Boveta pack that's well, but those things I don't think so too right, because the purpose of a Baveta packet is to keep your moisture up so that your cigars don't dry out. We're looking there are there are some things I think. I think there's like a box and like some dry like those salt packets you get, and like there's these little salt packets that come inside of the sealed uh spools when I when I buy them, they're vacuum sealed in this pack and I think that there's somebody went once told me is like you can get like a like a basically it's like a reverse humidor that keeps it dry inside of this box. So you don't want it to be too humid. You want it to be less humid and more dry, so the opposite of cigars. And since it was you know, since it was Amazon Prime Week, guys, I mean, come on again, I really thank you guys for using my Amazon links. But just earlier today, when I was preparing for this live stream, I created the three D printing materials on Amazon. So there we go, right there, and I will share that in the chat because why not. So yeah, I would like to get a I would like to get a box that I can put and it's gonna have to be a larger box because you know, those spools are this big. It's not the size of a cigar. Wouldn't I wouldn't be able to put. I might be able to fit two of those spools in my biggest humodor back here, if I were to use a box that size, So del Fergus, can you start in a sealed bag? Yes, some of the cheaper stuff don't. They don't come with bags. Two of the roles that I got did come with a zip block seal on top of the bag, so yes, you could do that. But I still think you probably want to put one of one of those. I'm in a climate controlled environment in here, so I'm not overly concerned about it. I don't. I haven't had that problem yet except for that one time. And I think that there was something gacked up with that spool. I don't think it was a moisture issue. I don't think because it was just this spool. It happened two or three times with this spool, and it's not happened with any other spool. So and in that one time, when the heat the print bed. The heatbed was needed to be washed, but neither one of those incidents are from it being too moist.
Speaker 3: Of watching the heatbed. And that was the first time I heard of it.
Speaker 1: That's what he told me to do, So that's what I Yeah, that's what I've and I've only done it once. I've only done it once because I took it out it was nice and sealed, and I printed a Benchie on it. Once I finally got I've got a video with all the setup and I ran into like two or three snags when printing my first print, and I talk about that in the video, So you guys will have to watch that. Hopefully that'll post this week. James Roberts says, get the vacuum bag, So tell me what to search for. Where do I get vacuum bags?
Speaker 3: Also a vacuum itself.
Speaker 1: Like a vacuum like a like a food sealer bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a food sealer bag or one of those space savers.
Speaker 1: You go, Yeah, that seems like a lot of That seems like a lot of trouble for something that you're potentially going to open up again the next day or sometime later that week. If you're going to put it in storage. Yeah, if you're doing longtime storage, then sure, okay, sure, sure, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Ron says he uses parcel spills with h zip long bags and.
Speaker 1: A descant pack. Yeah. So yeah, that's the descant pack. Yeah. So go v dehumanded fire in the shack. You will love it in the summer. That's an ideal. Okay, okay, I'll look up some of that all right while we're waiting. So, so this print is going. You can see it going right there.
Speaker 3: It's about a quarter inch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, half it's got. It says it's forty three forty four percent done. Now once it once it, once it preheats the bed and cools the chamber. If it doesn't cool the chamber every time, but sometimes it does. Once it preheats the bed, cools the chamber, and levels the bed, you're like fifteen twenty percent into the print before the print head ever starts, and then it cleans the print head and then it starts to print and you're like twenty percent into it. You're like twenty percent. So it calculates that whole thing, all of that bed leveling and preheating and temperature correction. It's like when it tells you it's going to be forty five minutes, it's actually forty five minutes because it includes all of that prep time upfront before the print head actually starts to print. And I thought that was pretty cool because then you're talking about, Okay, well it took fifteen minutes to get it all leveled and heated and blah blah blah, and then it took forty five minutes to actually print. No, that's not how the bamboo slasher works anyway. Uh.
Speaker 3: Gika Part says drying the filament would probably cure your pl.
Speaker 1: And that that makes sense from what Glas told me. But that to me, it seemed like the filament was too dry. That's why it was brittle. But maybe I'm thinking of it wrong. Maybe, I mean because I'm not experienced with three D printer filament, so that's I mean, they're probably right. KB five U t why says o VV three D filament storage bags thirty pieces plus? Okay, are those on Amazon? I gotta add those to my Amazon shop.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, Boom can't says, turn up the speed.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what, I haven't tried. I think there's a way you can do that. I haven't tried that. I've just let it. I'm not in a hurry. I just wanted to go correctly these right here, Dave, I assume yeah, because there's okay, sweet, I'm gonna add those to my shop. I'm gonna pick some of those up and include those in a video upcoming. Hello, come on there we go. Good, Okay, cool, thanks Dave. Uh let's see. Okay, we got a little bit more on our gigaparts auction sixteen thirty five now ends in eight minutes. Guys, Wow, that was a fast hour. I talked too much. So okay, sixteen thirty five ends in eight minutes. Here's a link once again gigaparts. We have some poly dryer docks and boxes on the way. Sweet okay, good good, nice good good good. So we're working out of thing, Gigaparts and I and a few other thing people I think are working out a thing to get some discount codes on more stuff. So more to come on that later. I know that they've been working hard. They're revamping how their discount codes work. When you go in onto my page and see all the stuff on my page and can use a case five HWB for five percent off. They're redoing a lot of that and it's going to work on more stuff, so.
Speaker 3: It'll be good you though, you don't have to put the code in at.
Speaker 1: Checkout, or you're still gonna have to use the code. That's the only way that can differentiate between all the influencers that they work with, because you know how supportive they are of all the Ham radio community, not just me. So no, the discount code still has to be there, but there would be more items that the discount code applies to. So yeah, more to come on that. Hopefully that won't take too much longer. I know they've were working on that for a while, so good. Okay. So I wanted to ask you guys, So the basically the four places, so Bamboo Labs the slicer is connected somehow with maker World. In fact, Bamboo might own maker World. I don't know. I have found a lot of stuff on maker World. If you go in here and you just search Ham Radio and you you can come up and it here's a bunch of Ham Radio stuff in here.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think Adam K six r K has his stuff on thing Verse, thingy Verse or whatever. This is called yeah, yeah, Thingy Thingy Verse. That's that's another one. So Ham Maker World Thingy Verse. Uh and uh. And then this this is the newest one I've found right here, which is print Well Princibles. Not that's not the newest one I've found. Principles is where I get all this uh, where I've gotten all this honeycomb storage stuff. Uh. But there's another one called uh Chut five A or something like that. I forget the I forget the name of that one, but but it was talking about there was I found some Ham radio stuff on it. So if you guys have a besides, I think think everyone's pretty much heard of Thingy Verse, Maker World and Printibles. I think, so if you guys have heard of another good place to get Ham radio type stuff, let me know. In the Chat sketch Fab Colts that's it, Todd, Thank you, Todd. Colts. That's the Yeah. But it was like Colts five or something like that. But I think that was maybe maybe that was the the creator on there. I don't remember. Colts is one I found Colts sketch Fab. I haven't heard that one. Ken says make a World is Bamboo Labs. All those models will be the phone app Bamboo handy. Yes, Yeggy is an aggregator. Okay, Yeggy, I haven't heard of Yeggy. What is that an aggregator?
Speaker 3: Maybe it shifts.
Speaker 1: Through several of these sid Oh so you mean so by an aggregator you mean I can search Yeggy and it will prove pull stuff up from multiple sites. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what aggregator means to me?
Speaker 1: Is that what aggregated means?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Hank, Well it might, it might stay on the site.
Speaker 1: It says our index contains seven million, two hundred and forty three printable three D models worldwide. That doesn't mean that it's from multiple sites.
Speaker 3: But Hank says yes.
Speaker 1: Steve says, Yeggy is a search for all. Okay, Yeggy? Oh good see, there we go. This is why, this is why a livestream night for you.
Speaker 2: For you guys.
Speaker 3: I see card holders for game cards.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna search for cigar okay. And there's those those those Bovetta bags. There's I've found several holders for those. You can print a holder, so you just set it in in your humidor and then you could set it on top or set it on the bottom or what ever.
Speaker 3: And cigar clips, I'm not crazy about cigar boxes without researching more of than plastic.
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that. I agree with you on that, yes, but there's a lot of other stuff besides just there. I found zipple holders and cigar holders and some really cool ashtrays. I would totally do an ashtray and put a logo on it, right, So put it. I mean, like like what you were saying, like this ashtray wreck here, totally put a logo on that. So are you going to start an Etsy shop?
Speaker 3: No, but.
Speaker 1: I have my I have my own website. If I if I put anything for sale three D printed, wise, I will they will go on grape Vine Amateur radio dot com.
Speaker 3: So oh look at that skull smoking.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah they have stuff like that too. Very Kate Kate MRD like, oh, that's on colts right there.
Speaker 3: Or send it, just send the print to him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got his own printer, although he was saying that he doesn't.
Speaker 3: He was he was having issues with it. He haven't had successful prints in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that will get him to get it going again.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe it will.
Speaker 3: See question could you build a cigar cutter if you're able to get the blades?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've seen that. There's there was a plans for a box cutter that I found. I was just kind of poking around. I turned on the TV one night, let a movie played I already seen, and I spent like three hours poking around inside of printables and and maker World and a little bit and thing not so much in thinging verse. I found some stuff on thinging Verse, but mostly on printables in maker World, and you could just I mean, it's like a freaking rabbit hole, man, you could just totally go down there. But yes, I have not seen a cigar cutter, but I've seen box cutters and knives and stuff like knife handles that you just add blades to. So I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do a cigar cutter. Yeah, yeah, totally totally could do that one minute thirty seconds on the auction. Let's see, they used to tell you who the high bitter was. I see, Oh you know what I'm not signed in. That's why.
Speaker 3: Okay, molding stands yeah, and clips for cigars mm hmm, and weird.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of stuff. Yeah, weird ashtrays. Yeah, yep, absolutely, and it's uh all kinds of stuff. So and you gotta be and I, uh somebody at the beginning of the stream and I got distracted. I apologize whoever it was. It said that you found something, some kind of cover for the FTD the FTX one. There's a bunch of crap for the seven o five out there because seven o five has been out so long. But can you print the face plateate mount for the icy twenty seven thirty? Tim if I haven't found a file for that, But if you find a file for that, send me a link to it and I'll print it. Yeah. Twenty seconds on, I've rubbed my eyes. Oh ditch, no, where do you go? Duds?
Speaker 3: For an hour, almost two hours, I was not able to do it, and I just did it absent mind.
Speaker 1: Delete five seconds. Here we go. Sixteen hundred and sixty dollars for all that. Oh that hurts, all right, that's the final. There we go, sixteen hundred and sixty dollars. Charity Auction proceeds go to Yeah yeah it is it's good price. Proceeds go to the QR ZED one Start program. Thank you. Guys for paying attention to that.
Speaker 3: Tom, I ask, if I'm cooking at Huntsville the beans, maybe I need to talk to Kyle. We'll do that here sorely.
Speaker 1: Kyle was going to join the live stream tonight night.
Speaker 3: Are you cooking beans in Colorado? Jeff, I haven't been asked. If I am asked, I'll be happy to do it. This take radio melting. My eyes are burning now.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you should actually yeah, just okay, I'll ask you, Frank, can you cook your beans in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, we'll figure out how to do.
Speaker 1: It, because guess who's refrigerator is going to take all that stuff to Colorado?
Speaker 3: For ye in college. I wanted to tell this story on my story, but I forgot all right. First time I was cooking with hobby narrows, I was just cutting them with my hands, wipe the blade, white the blade, and and and I made this great hobbin narrow. I forgot whatever it was. It was amazing. Probably spaghetti. I love hobby narrow spaghetti. Wash my hands multiple times throughout the whole process. Wash my hands multiple times throughout the day. No issues. I want to go take out my context, just not even.
Speaker 1: Taking oh, my God.
Speaker 3: And yelling and my eyes are just watering. Roommates come up. I'm like, what's going on, Frank? I'm like, my eyes are burning. They're like what I was like, it's the Hobbit narrows. And then they fell out laughing and I was like, why are you all laughing so much? They're like, Frank, have you taken out your other eye?
Speaker 1: Just taking out your.
Speaker 3: No, and they're like, come on, do it, come on, take out your other context, take the other one. And eventually I was like pop. It was the worst feeling.
Speaker 1: And a YO says, there's another member on this trip. I vote Frank makes beans.
Speaker 3: You go okay, well we'll work it out. We'll probably do it with some Hamburgers or something.
Speaker 1: Dave, did you win the auction? Dave? Did you win that auction? Because it didn't show me I wasn't signed into eBay. I think KB five U T Y might have won that auction, no way, Yeah, I think so. Gigapart said it was KB five d A, but I think they might have mistyped it.
Speaker 3: Oh so you were trying to make a lighter bowl ass tray d bowl sight holder.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about this right now? Yeah, yeah, so this was this was the yeah, this was the this was what this was the size of it, which was tiny, So I printed. So once this fouled up on me, I expanded, I scaled it up and I printed a larger one and it printed, and I printed that metallic pla, that metallic green pla and that it was a beautiful print. But he's got a dumb out saying on the side of it over here, and I gotta figure out how to take out indenture indented text and printed again. I'm not gonna say with I'm not gonna say what the saying is. It's stupid. I'll tell you later, okay, But it's it's just it's like a it's like it's like one of those Camaro mullet guys that it's something that would have on a bumper sticker on the back of their car or something. So it's just dumb. Uh. So yeah, So I didn't and you can't really see that in the print, and it comes out and I'm like, this is a great looking astray except for that little print on the side of it over there.
Speaker 3: So oh, this ass trades meant for cigarettes, and then the sluts is for a.
Speaker 1: Big yeah, I guess, but I've never seen a cigarette ash tray with with that point in the middle.
Speaker 3: But you know what to knock the ash off?
Speaker 1: Well, the do you do that with a cigar too? I searched for cigar and it did bring up some cigarette stuff.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 1: It bring up like a little box that you put a pack of cigarettes in and stuff like that. I thought it was a cool I scaled it up. I thought it was a cool looking design. Guild it up and I thought like, oh this is this is really kind of kind of fun. But you know, I was just more than anything. I was just printing crap to see what would print and how I liked it, and how to experiment software in this all the other kind of stuff. So I wasn't really trying to, uh, you know, get something one hundred percent useful.
Speaker 3: So this is talking about printing. Do you have any issues with fumes in your office for when that's printing?
Speaker 1: Ralph is as king, Nope, no issues at all. Now I believe correct me if I'm wrong on this. There's a filament called abs, which which I don't under and I'm just now learning about filaments. And one of the reasons I want to do this live stream. Was to bounce ideas off of you guys. Okay, congratulations Dave. Dave, Yeah, he says he did win that auction. Nice at least. eBay says, I want I just paid for it, so cool, Dave, thank you for the support. That's that's awesome. Dude. The next time we poted it together, you're gonna have to bring that radio. I forget where I was going with that. So I wanted to bounce ideas. Yeah, I wanted to bounce ideas off of you guys and get some feedback and whatnot. But I'm told that ABS is a filment that has a bad scent to it. When you print it. You have to have a special print head for some of the softer and some of the harder filments, which I'm told the print head on this X one echo is will handle just about everything so and it will handle ABS specifically. But why would you want to print ABS? I don't know if it's maybe it's extra special tough because pet G and PCTG, as far as I know, are basically the toughest ones out there. I think there's some that are a little bit stronger. Uh, Paul Okay, So Paul says ABS has a nasty off gassing. Look at ASA. Make sure the X one e has a filtering as well. So why would you want to use ABS or ASA? What is the what's the benefit of using that over let's say pet G or pet G carbon fiber or something like that. What's the benefit.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. I've just bet as different properties than the material that maybe go weather better or right.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's my question. You know what properties in that material make it better? So ABS is one of the first filaments, requires heat, fumes, bad, holds up to weather. Okay, so probably be ABS I believe is a is a cyan cyanidic gosh, stop scrolling cyon uh whatever that means cyanide, but as a higher temperature range thermal resistance with ABS and ASA okay, more so than pet G. Is it better than pet G?
Speaker 3: Looks?
Speaker 1: Sorry, our print is done, so let me go grab it?
Speaker 3: Oh ohh nice? Nice. ABS is better for heat resistance. Typically outdoor waterproofing, you a resistant than heat resistant. So it's just different properties for different materials. What's environment are you going to use it more in?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Dude, your smile was like awesome.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, much better than pet G. Okay, well, you know what, I live in Texas. I don't know if you guys, I don't know if I've ever mentioned that to you guys or not. But I have left pet G printed material in the truck. I've melted PLA just leaving it in the truck in summer in Texas, it melts. But I've left pet G material in the truck for months on end and never had any problems with it. So, unless you're living like on the equator, is it. Yeah, PLA does get stopped stopped in cars, Yes, PLA does, but pet G pet G. It's tougher than pet G. So could can it like hold more weight? Can you like make a car ramp out of it? I don't know. It's cookies are done Texas drink in e Yo, Okay. Gigabarts abs has a lot of advantages over pet G. Not all printers will print it, but the xt one x x one E will. Yes, okay, I would like to have I would like to find a detailed breakdown, like a chart, like a spreadsheet almost of all of the filments and what the benefits and what the pros and cons are to all of them. I haven't searched for This is just something that just now popped in my head. I have not searched for it. I don't know, but if anyone has a link for that or maybe I'll just google it later. All right, So this is my print bed. I just took the whole thing out. These the dog bones are glowing the dark obviously nice. Turned out beautifully. And it always, for whatever reason, it always prints this extra crap on on the front of the bed right there.
Speaker 3: That's just getting the head ready.
Speaker 1: I think that's just Yeah, I think you're right. I think that's just getting getting a head up because you always have to peel this stuff off because it's always on there. So fill your I think trash can up with that stuff.
Speaker 3: I think I found the thing you were talking about, the rechargers.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 3: You want because recharge them takes forever.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't a recharger, it was just a holder that it would you would you would put the Bavetta pack in a holder and then put it in your humidor so that it's not actually touching the cigar.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a chargers, so I think you just put distilled water in it and it's holding it above the distilled water, so exorbing it slowly.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, good sweet, Okay. There's one Bamboo Labs dot com filment guide. Oh it's a good thing that gigaparts has a mod privileges on my channel, because they wouldn't be able to print or posted U r L otherwise. Here we go. Okay, okay, so we're gonna yeah, p l A pet g h F A B S A s A PC really PC. I assume that none of you Matt guys want to use a filment called PC. I don't know though, P c F r T p U eighty five TPU ninety. Wow, there's a lot of crap in here. P l A c F pet g CF. This is great. I like this. Okay, so I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna do some studying later.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: That's a good guide. Yeah, thank you. I don't know if that's uh Jeff or Robbie or one of the other guys up there. I assume it's probably not Jeff, but I don't know. Maybe it is. Yeah, thanks for the chart. That is really cool.
Speaker 3: I like that, pollycarmonate.
Speaker 1: Oh and you can all of the different types up here and in checkboxes you so you can compare them all at the same time, or just compare two or three of them at the same time. That's kind of fun. Robbie, thanks for joining, buddy, appreciate that. Thank you for answering my text today earlier. So all right, so the so the Yeah. So that's how easy it is. And these bamboo printers are freaking cool. Look at the three D fuel PCTG. If you can get the filament profile, doalgyan. Okay, don't touch the build plate print service with your fingers. You will leave oils on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I talked about that earlier. Tim, I already did it, so I don't care. But all you do is wash it with soap and water. Don dish washing detergent and water. It washes off very quickly. And uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna do this because Tim told me not to do this. So this is why I'm doing this. You see this, Tim, This is what I do when you tell me not to do something. Okay, guess what. It doesn't hurt it because I can wash it. Yeah, yeah, it's hard to get out of that. The magnet that holds that thing in there is strong, so sometimes you can and you gotta. You gotta kind of bend it a little bit to get the print off it, because you don't wanna you don't want to break the brittle carbon fiber stuff. So I'm kind of getting in there and I'm going put my fingers all over it. It's fine. I haven't had any problem. Well, I had one problem. I had one problem. I washed it in a the problems always fine, so not a big deal. But any soap with a degreas or yeah, yeah, any soap with thereaser Tim says, damn it stop.
Speaker 3: I had one touch goober.
Speaker 1: So okay. So, anybody that has cool Ham radio stuff or something that you just would think would be like really fun to print, or something that you could you think that you think I would like, you know, hit me up. I did create a channel in my Discord server called three D printing. Uh. Let's see. Yeah, if you go to a Ham Radio two dot com forward slash discord, it's open invite to everybody like that. If you go to the the Ham radio section, which is the fourth section down and three D printing is right there. There we go. I just pinged everybody in there, right now here, livestream peeps.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Send me some, send me some. In fact, the picture I forgot I put a picture of my Benchi. I lost that bench. I don't know where it wentw It's it's somewhere. I've got it somewhere, but it's printed in that metallic That metallic pla green is just I wish it was pet G because that's just a beautiful It's just a beautiful filment. I really like it. I gotta find out what other metallic colors Bamboo has, and I'm gonna try some of the cheaper One video I want to do is to try I found three different brands of filment on Amazon during Prime Day that we're on sale for like fifteen bucks a roll, which the Bamboo stuff is like twenty five to thirty bucks a roll. Now, like everything in life, you get what you pay for it. The cheaper stuff may or may not be as good. I somebody told me at one point in time that either the Bamboo Labs or the American Filment were the best ones out there. That's probably a matter of opinion, but those are probably both really good. So I'm gonna have fun trying out new filments and kind of tinkering with stuff and seeing kind of what works and what doesn't. And supposedly the X one Echo printer will handle just about anything, and so I'm gonna have a lot of fun trying out some of those Amazon brands as well and seeing and make a video about it, saying, you know, stay away from this one, but this one over here worked great. So that kind of thing. So any additive to the film, it changes its layer adhesion properties, I would imagine, So yeah, yep, okay code or Jim, yeah, I saw you mentioned that earlier, printed an enclosed for my seven oh five and am good. Yeah, I would like to find some FT I did a search on one or two of the websites for ftx one stuff and I didn't find much. That radio is pretty new, but I imagine you're gonna start to see a lot of that. Didn't you get the sampler of filment color with your printer sampler?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did, Yes, I did. What it's a it's just like a little color squatch thing that will show you all the different colors that are available. But I was but instead of looking. I glanced at that when I first opened it, but rather than that, I was actually looking and seeing what was actually in stock in inventory at gigaparts. But yes, I did get that.
Speaker 3: Someone asked the direct link. I just posted the direct link.
Speaker 1: Discord hemradio two dot com for slash discord. That's what it always is. Greg says that there are about five different PLA metal filments on the Bamboo Labs website. Yeah, I've found. I found like two or three others. I'm not sure if gigabarts carries them all. I think they do. Okay, so there's gigabarts. Let's arrange a tour of the American Filment production facility on one of your next fixits. Oh so they're in Huntsville. You know what. Glenn probably told me that and I forgot. Absolutely, Yeah, let's do that. Let's do that. Absolutely, let's do that. We could. That'd be fun forty trap for a forty eighty dipole. Yeah, that'd be fun for a mestastic. The best fitting print I've had was the Ali Kat TD one Lilyo T deck case. Will you send me a link to that, Sean in discord, because I have of a T deck that I got. I have it. I have another, have a another T deck. I have three T decks. I think I have another T deck. I got one for Laura, a p R S which I think is on four hundred megaherts, not on the nine hundred megaherts meshtastic frequency. So yeah, Ali Cat Designs has amazing cases. Okay, Ali Cat, Uh is that stuff you can download or you're just buying those? Cool? Okay? Yeah, So I'll be interested to uh talk with you guys and figure out what you are doing and what what you think works and doesn't work and get kind of okay. So now now there's people talking in the in the three D printer channel.
Speaker 3: Yep, it started, Yeah started.
Speaker 1: I That's what I want to I want to keep going with it. So you guys, let me know what you like, what you what you found with what you found it maybe doesn't work, you know, if you found something that you say, stay away from this, it doesn't work. Okay, let me know, but let's keep this going and see what we can do. All right, Frank, what uh what are you doing this week?
Speaker 3: Honestly? I got like probably three interviews coming up this week, and I'll know that. I know that wasn't your direct.
Speaker 1: Question, but yeah, no, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Like I have five places kind accorded me right now, and I feel like the bell of the ball. I'm not going to get too excited about it. I'm i several interviews and here and there, and people could disappear on the drop of a hat. It's just this is fun coming up on the channel.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a video between us and leaving for Colorado, so I might try to get one ready. I got to look at the schedule. I do have a video shot with an alpha antenna, and that's gonna be fun. I used that at field day and it was I really did enjoy to envis greatly during a field day. I'm a free agent, yes, I am not by choice. Other than that we're going to be going to Colorado and we got a meeting coming up tomorrow meet you and Robert. So that's kind of all yes, coming up on the channel, and my mouth and lips are finally calmed down. They're not burning, but.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah good.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask for a second, I thought that was one of my tank radio blackout shirts.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's not It's just a regular black shirt, nothing on it. But yeah, yeah, looking forward to Colorado trips starting next Saturday. Gonna be doing a Uh.
Speaker 3: Is it Robert in the chat? No, I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen Robert tonight.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I turned from him in like several weeks.
Speaker 3: I text him back and forth.
Speaker 1: I know that he's he was well, he was in a couple of my Amazon chats this last week, so I know he's out there. I know he's been busy with family stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's cool. He's doing what he needs to do. It's cool. Yeah, I'm gonna try a different type of video on the on the trip next week. And uh, I think Kyle's already. I think he said he was gonna make it to the Denver area tonight. He was going to join the live stream. I guess maybe he did, he got delayed or something. I don't know. Yeah, he was gonna go up there. He was gonna go up there and see his sister for a few days or a week or so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool lives out there.
Speaker 3: Cool. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this trip. It's gonna be fun. Ye yep, I need some nature time, go out there experiencing nature, and and I will be doing the video blogs of the trip. I haven't quite figured out what the format would be. They're not going to be every day, but there might be getting out there having fun than us being out there. So maybe maybe one of us getting out there and then the main video will be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 3: So that's that's all coming up. Good, This is awesome. I want this. Let me share it out and get this scene up. Scotch just showed me this over in discord. M hmm what he three D printed? Oh yeah, I want ha smart with the Martian man.
Speaker 1: Oh of course. Yeah, you're just looking at it, of course, Yeah, yep, nice, nothing wrong with that. That's good.
Speaker 3: The trip is next week.
Speaker 1: We leave a week from Saturday, and we'll talk about times and whatnot when we're on our call tomorrow. But yeah, yeah, we leave a week from Saturday. We'll be at the campsite on Sunday. Yep, yep, yep, totally all right, guys, thank you for joining tonight. Looking forward to seeing what else you guys have to say about three D printing. This seemed to be a popular topic, so we will do it again. I'm going to bumble my way through this printer and do some more videos about it, and then once I find a couple of things that I want to talk about again, we'll do another live stream as well. So cool. Thanks for joining, appreciate everyone's time once again. Thank you for using the Amazon links during Prime Day this week, and be watching the be watching the email list for more stuff with the sales at Gigaparts and the three D printer stuff that we're working with them on as well. So seventy three guys, see y'all next time. Audios, Bye later, M