Speaker 1: The CaCO Day Radio program. It is Friday, so boo, I mean, I mean yay on that, but boo, we have to do one more. So oh what is this thing? Oh? Why are you being this way this morning? That worked? Okay, all right, there's so much weirdness in our system today. Did we get sold to another company or something like? Everything is just weird this morning. Anyway, we'll go ahead and truck through it. Good morning to you coming up on the show today. I want to remind you Pete Calendar will join us. Excuse me, let me get a little a little more sip of my water here. Pete Calendar will join us, coming up at eight o five. And lord knows we got enough to go ahead and get into this morning, so you know that'll be fun. There we go. Dude, I don't know if they did a bunch of updates on stuff. Oh that is so weird. All right, sorry, I was ross and I were chatting there and then I didn't even log into this one thing I needed to log into and then it fought me on it. So all right, well whatever do do do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: All right? Hold on, yeah, no, you're getting you're you're watching how the sausage is made because I realized I didn't do it. We have this weird even when we're on company, you know, computers and all that thing. Uh, we have this weird verification thing that used to work one way and now kind of works. However it decides to work. And I don't know how to describe that.
Speaker 2: If you're waiting for a verification code this morning, oh your luck.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was sitting there waiting.
Speaker 2: It'll it'll take about I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes for that code to come through.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, you did you hear the ding right there? I had my phone on instead of on silent. That was a verification code that literally was supposed to come twenty minutes ago, and then it just showed up. And now it's like your verification code is late. So I had to sit there and get another one. Ah see, your yours has been fun this morning too.
Speaker 2: I just stopped asking for him. I just haven't call my phone and then I just hang up on it, you know, push the pound thing and yeah, yeah, yeah, get behind Because I like, we have this thing where like all of our stuff likes to sign us out of everything over and over and over again, and I'd like, if I'm putting recasts together, it's a nightmare. It's a complete Just call me. I don't hang up on you in So.
Speaker 1: My thing here here, here's what I always did in the morning. So I get up, I mean, so my I get up, I sit up in bed, and then I like bang through my phone and check Twitter and email and that. I don't know, it's like ten minutes. It's just kind of my you know, waking up thing. And then I get up, I go, you know, go go to the bathroom, take a shower, you know, all of that, and then it's you know, it's onto the show. And by then I can usually have everything logged in and and then it'll literally log you out after like twenty minutes and be like, no, you're an intruder and you need to get this other thing. And then you ask for a verification code and then it just doesn't send you one because obviously you're an intruder. Are there people? Are there people that are literally like hacking the system to get into our next gen and stuff like like like, is I mean I understand security, but is that a thing I'm more likely to try to get scammed by people telling me I got to pay tolls.
Speaker 2: Dude, I so many tolls the past few days, like so many?
Speaker 1: How did that just become a thing in like the last month and a half.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, I pay them all at once, just to avoid prison and the interest, because I'm not a criminal and a degenerate. So I pay.
Speaker 1: You get tools from all over, or your tolls just over. Oh good, okay good. I don't want to be alone because it'll be like you didn't pay your Florida toll, you didn't play your you didn't pay your Texas toll, you didn't your North Carolina toll.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting there doing the math, and I'm like, dude, I haven't been to Florida in like four or five years. But they finally got me. I don't know. I don't recalled driving in a toll road, but I guess they got me. So they must understand it was a road probably when I was driving out it, it wasn't a tool that they made it a toll. And then they retroactively build me for that rope, for that toll. That's how that's how.
Speaker 1: It gets you. Well no, no, no, but but let me, let me, let me be serious about this for just a moment. So, like when you travel and you go elsewhere from a toll perspective, like if you don't know what's going on, I understand why people would think that, because you know, one of the places that I've traveled over the years, literally driven down to is Tampa, and then they have the it's called the Sunland Expressway or whatever it is through downtown Tampa to because our radio station is literally our Tampa studios are literally at the end of the tollway on what's called Gandy Boulevard. If anyone knows Tampa, you know Gandy. So you go down on the peninsula there, past Bay Shore, past all of that. And I went there and drove on the tollway, and I didn't have whatever the Florida thing is, and you have like you have like a window where they don't bill you if it's under a certain amount, but it's but you have to like go and check and understand what's going on. So I understand why people would see that text if they had been to a place like Tampa, driven on the freeway the toll way there and they don't think anything about it. They just pay whatever the five dollars is. I'm actually like, how do I say? I don't want to say, I'm impressed. I'm surprised some scam piece of garbage who literally should be executed in the public square. I do. There's nothing I hate more than these scammers, and not just the Nigerian scammers, but basically people who use this where people will just pay the five dollars. And I'm really surprised nobody came up with it earlier, and why all of a sudden it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shouldn't have to point it out, but if you're getting one of these texts, it's a scam, and don't don't break it. Don't even click the link. Yes, are like, oh man, I keep clicking that link and nothing happens. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Something's happening, per probably yeah, and it's probably not good for you. But the fact that scammers literally just thought of it actually surprises me because in a way it's brilliant because it's not asking for I need, you know, I need five thousand dollars to pay the tax on this lottery? You want, you know, the really ridiculous stuff. It's it's people sitting there. And if people travel, you get somebody who travels for business in a rental car or whatever it is, or or or drives through a toll way, you know, really intermittently somewhere, and then people just because they're busy, they got things to do, they'll go pay four or five dollars. You get enough people that pay four five dollars because they don't want the hassle. Like I'm if I was a scam artist, i'd be sad I didn't think of it. And in fact, I think, I want to say, Jeff Jackson, the ag ah think of a thousand reasons to trash on this dude right now. But yeah, yeah, yeah, so I saw him yesterday. He literally issued something saying, hey, this whole thing is not a thing. You know, there'd be a really easy way to handle this. Don't charge people to drive on roads you've they've already paid to, you know.
Speaker 2: Put in no worry about that toll's going away after a while, once it's paid for, Once the road is paid for, that will go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like the New York State Throughway. Yeah, and it'll go away eventually once it's paid for.
Speaker 1: Why what did they put the tolls in the throughway when you were a kid?
Speaker 2: Right, I believe before I was born?
Speaker 1: Og?
Speaker 2: Possibly, Yeah, why can't they.
Speaker 1: Get it paid?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, aren't there people to drive it in New York? So weird? Yeah, Chicago is the same way. And then when they literally I remember when they hit the date when they're like, all right, the buddy's been and then they went all right, they had extra money and they're like, uh, we're gonna put uh speed the fast holding in right where you don't have to slow down, you can just holl it like free way speed. And it's like, that's not really what you said. So I blame McCrory on this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like all taxes, Like once upon a time the income tax was supposed to be temporary. Wow, yeah, everything.
Speaker 1: How are you going to fund forty percent of the GDP of everyone in Somalia if the tax is temporary? Did you think about that? Dude? There is a stat and I'm going to get into this today. It's gonna make you so angry. It's gonna and and rightfully so, but you know it's uh, it's what we do. Oh wait hold on, yeah, see all right, So people are emailing me right now, he says. Our emailer says, I love my girl. But she sent me this thinking it was not understand it was a scam. She truly thought she owed them mind. I know, I know.
Speaker 2: And then they scare you. They're like, hey, if you don't pay this New Jersey toll, we're gonna lock you away in like a New Jersey prison or something. Nobody wants that.
Speaker 1: Oh can you imagine? Yeah, can you imagine you're in a New Jersey prison and like people from you know, Jersey Shore no kind of are in there, and there's nothing you can do. Can you imagine being in Who's the idiot you talk to about the Warren Serbia or whatever.
Speaker 2: The situation else?
Speaker 1: Mike what is his name? Sorrentino? Gosh, why do I know this? Mike Sorrentino?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but I find my memory is correct. I think that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, if you guys don't know this story, so Ross. When Ross was still doing music radio, he had one of these Nitwitz from the Jersey Shore as part of a club gig. Right, Because if you do music radio and you do top forty, chances are you may have to go do a club gig. So part of like your whole thing was you had what did he have? He like a bag of money too, like this whole thing.
Speaker 2: So I had to em see the club gigs like every Friday night.
Speaker 1: Down down County standard for the night guy. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I was getting older and I was like thirty two, and it was like a year or two before, maybe even more so before I joined the show. I joined the show in twenty eleven. I was getting older and I was good at what I did, but I absolutely hated it because I was like, I'm a thirty two year old dude playing Britney Spears and I'm starting to become like the old guy at the club. And I was very politically like minded and motivated, and I wanted to talk about other things and like, you can't.
Speaker 1: Write right, you know, you're bordering I creepy at this point, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of right, But and I was super like politically, like I was listening to Rush Limbaugh all the time, Like, yeah, lot of people that were like listening to or like, I don't know, paying attention to the music charts or something, and I don't like paying attention to the news and listen to Rush Limbaugh and it was a completely different area, and I was ready to move on. But they had the situation in there, and he was up in the DJ booth and they paid him in cash, and he had this giant bag of money, like this giant bag of money, and he had this guy that was that he was paying to watch the money. So he would go on the dance floor, he would do his thing. I would introduce him mirrors mich situation makes some noise, yeah, and then like his big like Vin Vin Ring's sort of guy would stand in front of the bag of money, just you know, he's in it for the love of the game, not the money, right, No, No, No, he was you know at the time, I'm like, you know, I don't know, maybe I feel like the guy was sort of maybe on drugs or something. I don't know, maybe this is the left field. Maybe he wasn't, but he was sort of he we had a lot of energy.
Speaker 1: He's let's just go ahead and be honest, because you know, I used to work music radio two, not to the extent that you did, but uh as late as you did. But there is a there are a lot of these guys that are semi famous minute famous where what Ross is describing is normal. Right, they have their security guy. You know they're going to be broke in like five years. You get a lot of this in the hip hop world. I don't I don't want to generalize, but it's kind of a thing where it's like bag of money security dudes, and then you go out and you act a fool whatever. Yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I'm sure he had amazing existence, but at the time, I'm surely you're gonna get the bag and you're gonna leave. But anyway, so I have to interview this dude in the air, and I do not care about him. I don't care about the What was the show called the Jersey Shore?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How is that ub scene? Is that good?
Speaker 2: I wasn't watching this show. I knew nothing. I just knew he was an idiot. So I've got I've got him up there live on the air, and the music's going, and you know, you're at the club and even and the DJ's there and spinning it.
Speaker 1: And that's why I say, douche, douche, dude perfect.
Speaker 2: So I'm up there and you know, I asked him like one or two easy questions and finally the third question, I'm like, hey, what do you think about the situation in Syria?
Speaker 1: Well, he is the situation. Yeah, yeah, you can ask him about situations.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to know, like, what do you think about the conflict in Syria? Do you think it's going to be resolved? Do you think we should you know, should we be there? Should we? And it was the best answer that you've ever like, he didn't, he didn't. He kind of, I want to say he like flinched for a moment, but he was just like, yeah, you know it is I just think, you know, I'm all about the club life and I think we need to focus.
Speaker 1: On the now and.
Speaker 2: Just and I get back in my program director, who she was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: She was like this is Randy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic And she was like did you ask him about Syria? And I'm like, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Was in the news and she just started laughing, like that's great. That's one of my favorite stories, you know what, to his credit, answering it and not just you know, pitching a fit and watch you know, walking out. I mean, he didn't really answer it.
Speaker 2: Obviously, he had no idea what's going on. He was just an automode, just watching them. Big bag of money.
Speaker 1: I love these guys, man.
Speaker 4: MT these guys a hit show about of bunch gweedos.
Speaker 5: Look it out.
Speaker 1: The song is like, well games tall, the hit boot.
Speaker 4: On the dudees thing that they are in the Chit's all got figskank doo doo douches on the jersey, short match, the situation, all these God's creation.
Speaker 1: Jay Wave's got a ball friend. But you can get to sick and base trap. I mean, these guys were I don't have enough time to play the whole sung, but these guys were big enough, like even you know, I was mocking them. So all right, anyway, weird start to the show, but it's a Friday, that's what we do. So all right, we'll get to some semi serious stuff coming up. Hang on, I don't know, I'm just frustrated with like technology today. So oh but then that you know, poor Pete, he you know, he's waiting around. He's waiting for adoh five wants to be on the show, Opine.
Speaker 2: So Pete is just sitting there listening to the heart radio app just on his couch, waiting. He's just counting.
Speaker 1: Can I make fun of Pete for a little bit? And I would say this to his face. I just want to be clear. So when we have guests on the show, So if somebody, you know, whether it's Senator Bud or Steven yesterday we had Stephen on our NERD correspondent or Pete or whomever, you know, whomever do we give when we tell people what time to call? We don't say call it eight Ross. You know, Ross usually sets this stuff up. So if what do you tell people? I'm assuming you're you're like me. You tell him, Hey, we're gonna be on at eight oh five, why don't you call a minute before?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Pete'll call it like seven fifty five like the dude's board. So he'll sit there and then it's like why And he works in radio. That's why I think it's so weird, because like he understands hard times for you know, segment starts because he does it. He does a radio show every day noon to three on wbt SO and then he'll but he'll gladly sit there.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: I do a hit kind of like Pete does with our Ashville buddy Mark on Wednesdays, at three o'clock, I call a hint and it's and he comes and I asked him, I'm like, what time does your show start? And he's like, well, technically we come back at three oh five thirty. I call it three oh five twenty and Pete pete. So that is a dude who is all in on radio. So I can't leave him hanging. That's the point that I'm saying, Okay, all right, very good. All right. So I saw this chart yesterday and I actually I went and looked it up because I'm a little snake bit on Twitter. But for good reason, right, because because Twitter is the wilderness. Now, you know, whatever's up there, whatever you see on Twitter, you should check. And that's not me trashing on people. That's me telling you that when everything is wide open and they're not micromanaging and policing everything, and there are My one frustration is there's way too many accounts that are clearly parody but not really do you know what I'm saying, where they're not identifying as such, and only later do you find out, oh, no, they thought they were being funny like I They're they're clearly engagement farmers. And so you have to work around that. So I'm sitting here and I remember seeing this yesterday and I'm like, there's no way. That's too insane, And so I went to semaphore and literally pulled this up. Semaphore is.
Speaker 3: Is a.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know if they're clearly if they're purely academic, but it doesn't matter. Semaphore is a information aggregate, right, and then they're utilized by different businesses. They're utilized in academia, they're utilized in government, and it's basically a way where you can look at different financial data. And somebody had posted a chart showing you said dollars usaid dollars and how much of it was going to different countries. And so they had a chart and this chart is income per capita. So let me explain what this is. So I don't know what the average income for a Somalian person is, right, it's very low. Obviously. That being said, you know, things are what they are in different countries. Things cost different things, The exchange rate is different, so you got to keep that in mind when you're looking at this data. But what we're talking about is the conversion of dollars to whatever the Somalian currency is I don't know what it is. And they're talking about the income per capita. So if you took everyone in the US, you took whatever the average income in the US is, which I think is Wait, hold on, let me just tell you average US income. All right. I was gonna say forty thousand. I was almost spot on thirty nine two. That is the average US income. So Somalia's average income is what we're talking about here, which is I'll actually look it up for you. Trust me. This whole build up is worth it, because this thing is absolutely shocking. All right. So the average in oh geez ross, do you want to guess what the average income in Somalia is annual income? Good? Lord?
Speaker 2: For everyone or just the pirates? I would say, I would.
Speaker 1: Say, no, this is average, so it includes the pirates. But well, if they they protect of forty pieces of eight, it's not Why would you think it's in pirate dollars just because some of them are pirates? Man? Do you think everyone's on pirate currency? Okay, it's not. So the average the average income in Somalia is uh seven hundred dollars annually.
Speaker 2: What is that converted to pieces?
Speaker 1: Of eight? How much is a piece of eight? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hold on, it's curse. I don't really care.
Speaker 1: Searches and everyone's got to sit through it, so just suck it up, everybody. Wait, hold on, how much is a piece of eight? Wait? Wait, it would be pieces of eight? Right, I don't even know. Oh my gosh, they actually have a conversion. Oh really, dude, do you know what pieces? Do you know what a piece of eight is worth?
Speaker 3: This kill?
Speaker 1: This absolutely kills is depressing movie?
Speaker 2: Is it depressing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's really low? All right? Wait, hold on, I want to make sure I'm accurate on this. Oh it is. Okay, So it's based off the Spanish silver dollar. Okay, all right, that actually makes sense. All right, So do you know what two bits is? When somebody says two.
Speaker 2: Bits, Yeah, that's like two cents on twitch.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no, no, But in the in the colloquial us, what is two bits?
Speaker 2: It's a quarter.
Speaker 1: It's a quarter. By the way, if you ever hear somebody say two bits, they're talking about a quarter quarter of a dollar. So now I don't know whether this is convert to now, but a piece of eight is considered eight of the two bits, so eight coure, it's two dollars.
Speaker 2: That is depressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what are they running around marauding for?
Speaker 2: It must because of the magical qualities of the pieces of eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to understand you're talking about eighteen fifties, right, which.
Speaker 2: Is right, see thrown inflation plus the magical properties of the curse gold. And it was probably worth more back then.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it absolutely was, but I don't know how much more, all right, So a little sidetracked there. So it's you know, Sama, the average per capita is not you know, it's not much obviously. That being said, it is what it is for that particular country.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: Somebody they put a chart together and it basically is percentage of income per capita provided by you said, so this is just USAID dollars, just that little section of government according to the stats. And it's not and I'll explain why it doesn't. It's not the same for everybody for obvious reasons. But if you average all the salaries in Somalia, forty percent of all the salaries forty percent of all income of every Somalian averaged, we were paying forty percent. I want you to Think about that. Think about in the US if forty percent of everybody's paycheck was coming from a foreign government. That's what was going on in Somalia. Forty percent. It's it's an insane number. It's an insane stat South Sudan thirty six percent, Sudan twenty nine percent. Now you should probably move to the south. Congo twenty seven percent, Ethiopia twenty seven, Liberia, which, if you remember, is a country started by Americans who didn't want to be Americans anymore, twenty three percent. You've gone to twenty one. I'm not going to go through the whole list, but you get the gist of it. Just US AID dollars. Now, it's not like it was going to all the Somalians too, right, you're having average it. You know, money flowing in through these programs, especially in a country like Somalia, is going to get corrupt. You know, you know, you got you got you know, government officials, you got people on you know that are in the upper echelon. Right, they're all siphoning off money. So you know, your standard Somali is not getting forty percent of their salary from you said dollars because corrupt people oh, and Ross, I just thought of this warlords. You can't. You got to remember the warlords, as Phil Hartman taught us. So, but forty percent of all revenue that was paid to people as part of their annual income was being paid by the US. That's a wild number, man. Uh And and again I listed all these other countries as well, So I think you're going to see a little more piracy. That's that's insane. What is the GDP of Somalia too? I mean, I know it's not a apples to apples thing, and I know we're doing math again at the beginning of the show, but I was just so blown away by this. All right, so, oh good lord. So the the GDP of Somalia is eleven billion dollars. I don't know if that counts for I don't know if pirate booty is in there. And actually, actually then it was actually fourteen billion last year. It's usually eleven billion. Well let me tell you it's gonna be a lot less this year. Holy hell. But yeah, yeah, we were paying forty percent of everybody's income in Somalia averaged into Somalia just through usaid and and by the way, we send money through other departments too, just to be clear, And in fact it's about equally matched, so chances are and I don't have the full thing here. The fact is we literally took half of their income into Somalia. But then you have to ask yourself, why the hell are US taxpayers paying nearly half the salaries in Somalia on average, even though the average Somali isn't getting it because warlords, corrupt leaders all the rest of it. But yeah, I saw this thing yesterday and I'm like, I'm gonna make sure everyone hears about that on the show on Friday. So all right, there you go. Now you are edumicated. All right, coming up on the show, we got more tariff insanity, we got a BUCkies update I'm not happy about. And oh yeah, Cale, he'll join us at eight oh five, so stick around. We'll get into more serious business here in just a few I am so glad that this absolute moron that is Jasmine Crockett said this yesterday.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, if we're shut down, you can't be fired. And what does that mean.
Speaker 8: It does mean that people will not be paid, but it does mean that they will get their back paid.
Speaker 1: All right, hang out I'm gonna play the whole clip for you, but you heard a little bit of it. So what Crockett is talking about is, as they say, the quiet part out loud with the hole Schumer shut down. The mindset is that if they do shut the government down. Now, now understand, this is merely an excuse, all right, it's not some vaunted plan. It's not they you know, they didn't sit there with actuaries to figure out how it works. This is a the narrative, and the narrative is that if the government shuts down, then Doze can't fire people. And nobody had really said it, even though it's clearly what they're going to sell. Right when the going gets tough, they're going to say, well, look we had to shut it down to stop Doze from doing everything they're doing. It's a bad excuse and frankly it won't work. But you know it's a way to go ahead and just be a nuisance and do whatever you're going to do. But Crocket, like an idiot, and i'm sure probably irritating Democrat leadership, said that.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, if we're shut down, you can't be fired. And what does that mean?
Speaker 8: It does mean that people will not be paid, but it does mean that they will get their back pay, so hopefully we can stop some of the bleeding. We just saw that the Department of Education laid off fifty percent of their workforce. So I don't really understand why anybody would say, oh, we got to take the high road.
Speaker 5: We got to listen.
Speaker 8: Here is decimating the federal government and you're talking about whether or not we're gonna keep the doors open.
Speaker 5: He literally is shutting down departments anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, this knit with uh who who is fast becoming the new AOC just because AOC kind of got trained on some of this stuff. But I don't want to say she completely stops saying stupid stuff, but she she definitely figured out how not to do it as often. So Crockett is the new AOC. And here's the thing. And and I don't know if anyone from the Trump administration is listening, but please hear me out. Don't give them the back pay, right every this is this is the dirty little secret. If you don't know, every time they have a government shut down and they put barricades around you know, stone World War II memorials and open parks and tell you you can't go to the bathroom on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Every time they do this, whenever they fix it, they credit government workers with the pay from the days they didn't work. And also they it's it's non essential. So the people that are doing the shutdown and doing the doge and all this, I promise you are going to be labeled essential. So they're not gonna stop what they're doing. So the way that the Trump administration can really hook this to the Democrats, and they should, is to not do that. I'm gonna give you a little sample of this kind of a lead into one of these stories we're doing. I'm not I know some of you aren't gonna believe this. I really don't like hating people. Does that make sense? I don't you know why, because it's not healthy for you. And when I say for you, I mean when you're out there just hating on people, it's not I'll make fun of people, right. We use sarcasm obviously as a tool to discuss and dismember bad arguments here on this show, bad policy, all the rest of it. But you and and some people don't understand this, like Ross and I. When we're not on the air and there's not work stuff around or later in the day when we're doing prep. We almost don't pay attention to the news. As weird as that say is, I don't want to put words about is that fair? Ross Like the mental disconnect that we do is it's not that we don't pay attention, it's just we're not engulfed in it. There's a lot of people that are just engulfed in it.
Speaker 2: I would say specifically on the weekends.
Speaker 1: Oh, on the weekends for sure. I mean you see stuff. You can't not see stuff. Your scrolling stuff will right, right, right. But but the thing that I tried not to do is hate. Hate is not good. You can talk about it from a religious connotation, right, but you know, just in general, just you know, even remove the religious side of it, it's not healthy for you because people who you are diametrically opposed to, if they're chewing up your emotions even when you're not engaged in the debate, then in a way they're kind of winning. Does that if that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Like, I.
Speaker 1: I'm hating people right now, and I don't like that. I don't like sitting there and watching people who think that they can go and they can vandalize stuff, and they can harass people, and they can do all the things that end up in my stories every day because they have some sort of weird moral high ground. And we got here right obviously, this is the rollover from everything that built up to this current administration, right where words are violence and all the rest, but this idea that you are somehow morally justified to go and a Republican or a Democrat for that matter, congressperson is holding a town hall. You can show up in mass and just screen the whole time. And I know that that's something that happened on the college campus. Is I understand it? Or you can go to Trump Tower and take the thing over, or you can vandalize tens of thousands of dollars worth of Tesla chargers or cars where you can go and what do they remove, like twenty eight cars tires in that one parking lot, and the smugness of the individuals doing it, and I hate to give them that element of my emotion. That being said, I think, because I mentioned on the show yesterday, I'm sitting here and I think something is gonna go real bad. There's gonna be an incident and I don't know what it is and I don't want it to happen, but we are we are, we are living in a moment where they have even though Trump has come in and he's kind of de escalated government spending obviously and everything that's going on, it has even though the protests are more, Uh? Are are are more?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: How do I say there's more of them even though there's less people there? The justification for the real whack jobs that is fed by like MSNBC calling the Tesla protests nonviolent. Right, That's the thing that happened this week. Like I sit there and I'm listening to the audio, like on our news where Chuck Edwards, the congressman from out West, was having a town hall in Ashville and all the moonbats showed up and rather than him being able to talk to people and take questions, he was taking questions. I've never met Chuck Edward. I don't know anything about the dude. Russ Weaver had Chuck Edwards on the show. I don't even think we've had him on the show. No, we have not. Yeah, so like, like, I mean, I know who he is, obviously, but I wait, hold on, you hate Tom Well, Tom Brady's different, bro Boston paul in here, that's different, that's earned, that's earned. I'm slightly kidding. But like, I sit there and I listen to it. And one of the things that I have prided myself on this show is you have to not let people get to you. And sometimes I do. You hear me, like some send an email and all threat but I don't really mean it, you know what I'm saying. But like, I hear that stuff and I couple it with everything going on, and I get hate in the heart and I don't want that. I don't want that. I don't want that from a personal standpoint, right. I'm pretty sure that if you go to the Bible, there's some stuff about maybe you shouldn't do that, right, So, like, I don't want that to be part of it. And I am every day battling not allowing people to make me hate them. You know why, because a part of me makes it, makes me think that they're winning, or they think they're winning. If I'm losing my mind over it. So I sit there and I listen to that audio, and I and then I read the stories about these judges who decide well you know, uh, basically the executive branch can't do anything. And then that piles on to the hate that's going going on there. And I realize, if me, somebody who's kind of trained to let it roll off, but you have to be in this business, is having it stick with you for even part of your day, That's the kind of stuff that I wander on. All sides escalates this to a place that we don't want to go. And and the thing that I can't understand is how we are in this semi new environment right where you know it's it's it's clearly different from when Joe Biden was in there. How we how we are in this timeline now where this is going on? Where where it How do I say? I want to be very clear here because I don't want people to misconstruct where it's the goal? Do you know what I'm saying? Protest out, protesting even for things that I don't like, I have no problem with. We'll play the audio and we'll make the jokes, and we'll make the arguments too on a more serious note about why they're wrong or why they're right. But in reality, I find myself hearing stuff like that and just gritting my teeth.
Speaker 2: I think the way you're feeling is the majority. It's the majority of people are feeling. And I think we saw that as part of their repudiation that was election day right this past November. I know a personal friend who shall remain nameless, who's been mentioned on the show before, who was much more liberal into the left than he is now and he's moved to the center. And one of the reasons for him personally is when they started because everybody has their own thing that's going to push him, you know, over the age the center peeve. Yeah, is when they started throwing like paint and stuff on Rembrandts and paintings and stones and stone. Yeah, and it's stone hinge. And especially when you're so called principal arguments are so full of crap, and people can see through that full of crap now, right, like when they're oh, the climate is so important, but like you said the other day, they made they destroyed the rainforest to make a highway to get to your climate conference or whatever it is, yeah, or or oh my god, you know, the climate is so important that we need to mandate electric vehicles, and so if we don't mandate electric vehicles. Then everybody doesn't go along with the mandate, you know the world is going to end. And then two weeks later you're like, you know what, we need to destroy all the electric vehicles, well not all of them, just the best selling so Dom States and people see through that and they're like, you people are your garbage, right.
Speaker 1: But I used to be here's the thing I used to be, Like, let me give you an example. So let's say you're a government worker and Dose just came in and they cut a third of the staff there, right and and former DOSEE, former workers whatever the department are out there and they're having a protest. Here's the thing I used to be. And and to some extent still can I used to go, look, your ox is getting bored right now, And I understand why you're out there, do you know what I mean? Like, I understand why you're standing out there going this is BS. I hate this guy. And I can sit there and go, look, you're you're too close to this to look at the larger picture. And the larger picture is it's it's not even your fault. It's the fault of government up to this point that allowed this beast to get so big. But I A it's this. It's the reason I don't criticize parents and those officer involve shootings usually right because even though you're probably wrong, you're emotionally connected to and I used to be able to understand. Now I'm having a really hard time allowing that to be a thought that crosses my mind. And that's not healthy, that's not But it's also not you. You've changed me emotionally, and you've changed a lot of people that are just fed up with this and and and don't have any sympathy and and but you think it's somehow going to get you closer to your goal. That's what I don't understand. Like you, you're hardening hearts when you're out there screaming down people there and and you know what, you know, here's the other thing. And the thing with the with the town halls that makes me so upset is it's not organic. It's a plan. They have stated that the plan. And this is why a lot of Republican congress people are not holding town halls because you had you organized to go and shut these things down. And at that point, I'm out.
Speaker 2: You know, the party is fake, the platform is fake. And the protests are fake, even the ones that Trump towered the other day, for the past three days, whatever it is, the pro Hamas ones, they're all wearing the same printed T shirts.
Speaker 1: Well, and then that happened, Well, you know, maybe they got a deal. I don't know, you know, going uh going to that. Sorry, I'm trying to find this one story. So you remember the other day with the videos we're making fun of, or twenty three Democrat senators all made the same video holding the little microphone, and so that should have been a learning moment. And yet yesterday, yesterday they had on social media lawmakers posting the same message, verbatim, verbatim, over and over. Like it's the inauthentticity of all of it that is absolutely mind blowing.
Speaker 2: You used to see this a lot with like random accounts on Twitter or x where you would be like, hey, this person's making a point about this issue, and then you would see another smaller account making the exact same point, using the exact same It's just copy and paste, is what it is. And was that funded by USAID because now but now you're seeing the actual like elected officials is copy and pasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and for those who don't know the Democrats here. Two weeks ago, they had like they brought in consultants to try to figure out how to do social media better. And like there's a was a Washington Post or Wall Street I think Wall Street Journal had the article. And in the article they were just talking about essentially this social media retreat that all these Democrats went on, and which I under that part. I understand, right, because you got your ass kicked social media wise in the last election, so I understand why you bring people in. They're like, you need to post more, you need to do this, you need to do that. And then the way that they decide to go ahead and do it is in the least authentic way possible. And they did it again. So yeah, in a span of just a few hours, roughly half half of Democrats posted either verbatim or essentially a small rewrite of the very same language, essentially talking about shutdown and and and it's it's the message is not important. It's the part where sounds like you need a vacation ema. No, no, I don't need a vacation. I just need to I just need people to act human, because you can't when when everyone's organized and it's not real. But you can't have a discussion with that person. You can't debate. You don't even have to debate, you can't discuss. You were just Ross, You were just talking about your person who remained nameless, who's definitely more liberal. You and him could have a conversation about an issue, and you don't go away hating each other.
Speaker 2: Right completely every time?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's all that I want, That's all that I ask. And I understand that politic Hicks is real business. And maybe I'm not the one to be sitting here saying this, but I can get I can get through it, and I want to be able to have this discussion. You know how excited I get when somebody calls the show and they're not being you know, not trying to swear or be a jerk, but they disagree. I love those conversations. I thrive in those, and I don't have to walk away from those thinking that I won. But now I just want doom and that's not healthy. Man. I just want I just want you to you who are inauthentic, You who are not listening or having a discussion, You who are being hypocritical, like Ross, just pointed out where, you know, coming into the Trump administration, remember the plan, which initially was an Obama plan than Trump kind of undid it, but then the Biden administration put it in on steroids, was to not have gasoline vehicles by twenty thirty two. I want to I want to repeat that. By twenty thirty two, it was going to be all electric. This was the thing.
Speaker 2: It's how important was yeah, and now they're destroying those same cars.
Speaker 1: It's and it's the best. Tesla is the best selling electric vehicle buy a mile in the United States. It's the quickest way to the goal that you want. And by the way, how many quote unquote right wing people are on Twitter this week showing their receipts for their Tesla they just bought. Sean Hannity just bought one. You're getting what you want and you're losing your mind. You're getting healthier alternatives at Stake and Shake, and you're accusing them of being Nazis because they use old English font I'm not making that up. If you don't know that story, I will fill you in on that because it's that insane. And then we'll, you know, we'll get to a few other things coming up here on the CaCO Day Radio program. I just want to be really clear that when I talk about hate, and then we'll get into calls, and I promise I'll I'll get on more substantive issues. But when I talk about hate is something different. Hate is hate is something especially if you do what.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: Right, not to uh, not to sit here and try to carve people out, but like it'll eat you up doing this job. And I know people in this business that hate, they hate, and it's all they ever talk about. And I always promise myself I would never be that because if people are making you, even in your off time, hate and just be miserable in a way, they're kind of winning if you want to look at it like that. And hate is different from anger, right, where there's anger, and then if I guess going again in the Biblical side, there's wrath that is you know, we're talking about the deadly censor. That is different. Right. So if I'm watching a video of a protester, for for most of my career, it's just been like, well, that guy's an idiot, he's wrong, but whatever, and then I go about my business. Now I'm like, I wonder if they hit him in the teeth with a baton, if that would be great.
Speaker 2: You want to be like the Don Draper meme in the elevator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about you at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I sort of feel in the weekends. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: You don't have to let it roll off. And it should influence you to if you are diametrically opposed to what they're advocating for, to work harder, if if that's what you want to do, right and and obviously you know, you and I have an outsized platform to do that, you know, being here on the radio and having this great audience. But I don't want people to force me to hate. I want to I want to sit there. But when I see a judge like this, this female judge this week who said that the Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseeth needs to write an apology and she based her decision on the transgender issue based on what she thinks that a previous defense secretary would think, which is literally what's in the decision. I sit there and I'm like, you need to go to guantanamo. I don't like that. I understand. To some of you, you're like, oh, whatever, man, let the hate flaw. No, it's not healthy for you. But this is where we're going, and this is why I'm like, some's gonna pop off and it ain't gonna be good. And I don't want that. I don't want that to be a I don't want to have to sit here on the radio and dissect that. You can be as angry as you want, and you can go and you can protest and you you know, with your signs and all of that, but you can't do the things that you're doing. And it's like, why will nobody stop it? Why will nobody stop it? What is going on?
Speaker 6: And so?
Speaker 1: And to let me highlight a difference, anger is also something that's not partisan necessarily. You know how upset I am at Pambondy and the Trump administration right now over this Epstein list that has just disappeared. If you if you forgot about it, what the hell's going on with that? From it's on my desk and I read it and everything's horrible, And to releasing things redacted that are unredacted already on the internet. That makes me angry, but it doesn't make me hate. But some of this stuff going on right now makes me hate, and I don't like that. I'm having a real like emotional like have to it there to myself and go, bro, you're off the air, you're not doing prep yet. Let it go for now. And it's it's honestly accepting certain like individual story circumstances like you know nine to eleven, where I'm just like turn it to glass right like that, that's an immediate emotional reaction. But I find myself on the daily sitting there going how is this allowed to progress? And then dark thoughts start entering and we all deal with it in different ways, but it's not healthy for you and and for a lot of these cats. I think it's the goal man, and that makes me hate more. If I just a moment of honesty for you this morning. All right, let's get to some phones so other people can hate. Uh, Jamal, what's up man? How you going it?
Speaker 9: Why if someone case Sea who's a professional and it anger and stuff, let me tell you why?
Speaker 1: You again? Different? You You realize that, Okay, anger and hate difference. Yeah, you can be angry about stuff. You might be angry at your kids, but you don't hate them. It's a different, right, It's a different thing.
Speaker 9: But I have the hate par the I'm gonna tell you why what goes on? Casey, You have a natural part of you and a professional part of you. When you come to the radio every day you see this stuff that's been going on for years. It hasn't just oh you woke up one morning it was all.
Speaker 6: I hate them. No, it's not.
Speaker 9: Remember back in twenty ten, when Republicans protest and the Democrats they won't call protest. They was called a plan. It was all described that way.
Speaker 3: You saw them.
Speaker 9: Now this happens because if you protest for what liberal Democrats believe, you are a pat you are a patree, you're fighting for civil rights, or you're doing everything right. But when you counter protest or fight in disagreement and arguing disagreement, oh, year, your plan, your evil. You hate perfect example, the nineteen eighty one they called it the Greensboro massacre.
Speaker 6: It was not.
Speaker 9: They had a depth to clan, depth to the clan march where the clan showed up and they fell and the hand that was not a massacre. The clan b and the Black Panthers and the Communists couldn't accept that they lost hand to hand with the claiming because somebody from the Black Panther for to Night and the Klan that afore the gun only that person will shot.
Speaker 1: But they turned into me. Just to be I just want to be abundantly clear here, because some of that happened outside and away from the initial interaction, at a separate location, just to be clear, right.
Speaker 9: So yes, but that's what you call. But then you know the CASEY did from somewhere, that's because I was in the streets. We when we had fights like that, we had game fights. The fight they started the high school that we made end up still fighting all the way up the street. But it all started at that school and we were just fighting. But what has happened is whenever liberal Democrats has started the civil rights whenever someone march is for what people believe is civil rights or if they believed is a liberal agenda, you are painted with happiness and it's okay. But soon as you piw the protein, soon as you say I disagree with you, you'll automatically put in the permission of a hater. You're evil. And that's just raighing down.
Speaker 6: On the news.
Speaker 1: Jamal. I can deal with that. I've dealt with that. My entire career. You should see some of the email we get. It's it's always rolled off my back. I may make fun of it on the air, but I've the other than the dude who one time took pictures in front of my house and sent them to me, which I then had to send to the police. I I can let it roll off. This is something different, man, This is this is fever alpatem winning. Okay, if I can make a n difference, Okay.
Speaker 9: It's getting worse. You know what, Casey, let me teach you a whole I'm looking for me in the country. His country analogy is saying the straw that broke the cammel's back, that's the straw that broke the camel's back. So basically what it's saying, you're back to strang in, Casey, You're straw. You're dealing with it. But it gets to a point where even the cambell back will break. So that's the straw that broke the camel's back. People are seeing it. Look at them more. Around Monday, these people was doing stuff. Guess what they all was released by judges. You just brought up, b't judge.
Speaker 1: I know that I don't Reverend Soul goes to the face layer deserves every bit of mockery that I can dole out. I don't hate the dude. It's it's I'm telling you, it's different and and and I don't hate William Barber. I think that he's one of the most uh. I think he's one of the worst people in politics. But I don't want the dude to get hit by a truck, do you know well? And I don't want whoever owns the truck to have to deal with that like I can do. This is different, man, and I think a lot of people are feeling that way. And I almost didn't talk about it this morning, but I heard that audio of Chuck Edwards town hall and it just it made me livid this morning because it's not organic. It's just it's fakery, and it's fakery, and it causes other people to raise their ire to that level. And I don't want my fellow citizens, regardless of the disagreement, they're having, to go out and have another quote unquote Greensboro massacre. Right, you don't want that again, jamal Right, you don't want that.
Speaker 9: I be JC Little, I'm gonna be honest with you, and I will say this, it's gonna have to come to the time. Want you the Republican Party, and I blame the republic And when we get in power, don't throw organizations out. Witness Civil Rights Division of the arm FBI and the Department of Justice. It needs to go because the only seems to go one way against white, straight males and all these things to go that way. So that's number one. Until the Republicans, when we get in control, stop being scared of what the media and what some of these and some of these protesters think and start locking them up rightfully. So then it's going to continue the worse. But I go back to the analogy of the straw that broke the camel's back case. See, when it comes to you, you just have seen it so much, and it's powering up and it's powering up, and it's powered up to you like this, this ain't right, This isn't right, and so you just snapped and say I'm tired of it. And that's what happens to people. That's why people like Elon Musk, who were Democrats, who was praised by Democrats with the electric car. Guess what he's hated, nobody likes him, and guess what they're torturing and burning his place up. This farmer's by the Democrat.
Speaker 1: This man was, But you would I agree one thousand percent on all of this. I again, I'm just saying that it's it's I I'm fearful of where it goes. Look, am I going to go out and shoot somebody in the face? No, right, but somebody will, and I don't want that. That's That's all that. That's all that I'm saying. Somebody just send me an email says there are people listening to you right now who would put you and I in jail because of our views. Absolutely, one hundred percent. I don't want to be them. But on the flip side, for the people who were doing criminal things within this government or the Epstein list or any of the rest, I want people in jail, but I want people in jail for actual crimes. And it adds to the frustration that we're not there yet. Jamal, I got a roll. I gotta do Weather, But I appreciate the call this morning. Okay, uh oh, we're doing this again, all right, Jeff, hang on, we'll get to your call here in the next segment raced aging from his basement. Good morning, dude, we still didn't get that fixed. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, it's strange because you know, as Roll says, like, he can connect to somebody else that's not me, and then I can connect to somebody else, which I just tried your cronies in Houston, so I could connect there, But so it's it's hers. Are you on k p R C or k t r H k t r H so they might err at kPr I'm not quite sure, but you can. Yeah, but I can connect there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we'll.
Speaker 6: Figure it out and Monday we'll probably have it all fixed and everybody's going to forget about it. Yeah, thank you, thank you man. They're going to love the day today, maybe not like what's coming. I think Sunday is going to be the worst day of the weekend even painted now and the slight risk of severe storms no, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Sunday, that's selection Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Tigers, right, yeah, yeah, My Tigers almost blew it last night. Actually woke up towards the end of that game. They've good for them, and they all poor Duke too, who's their star there? Yeah, yeah, Cooper, he might be.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna be out?
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, he is good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But the good news is is after that Sunday some great weather coming in next week. Today I'm looking real nice smit upper sixties, little fog around this morning, and then tomorrow a little drizzling fog early, then very warm at upper seventies. Maybe a showered tomorrow night. But it's Sunday. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will come in probably late morning and into the afternoon. Some of those storms could be severe, Gonna be quite windy too. Even outside of storms, winds could gus thirty five plus miles per hour. But that's fund's gonna come through my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday sun shines back near sixty, Monday near seventy Tuesday, how about Wednesday back up near eighty degrees, So on a rough weather Sunday. So start thinking now about what your severe weather plant is not only wind hailed, but maybe an isolated tornado. We'll throw some heavy rain in there too. So Sunday right now is our big weather day over the next seven days, and as a magic cacy, beautiful weather back as we get into next week.
Speaker 1: All right, let me decode what Ray says on selection Sunday, sit inside, drink beer with your friends and watch.
Speaker 3: So that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, man, enjoy right, that's our plan. All right, we'll talk in the next hour. Appreciate Okay, yep, all right, there you go, Ray stage, Mike, we'll come back. We'll get more phone calls. Pete Calender joins us at eight oh five. We'll try to talk about something productive.
Speaker 7: Hey, yeah, I just want you to know that your lecture on hate and anger, it's not falling flat. We understand, we get it. But with that said, uh, I put my anger in Pambondi's lap. Because these people that are out there burning things down, this is going to go on. There's diabolical people behind them paying them to do these things, and nobody's stopping it. Pambondy should be out there arresting people. It didn't take Merrick donand very long anything Maga was. He was on a war path and he was arresting.
Speaker 1: Everything and everyone. Let me ask you a question, just because I'm a little short on time and I want to have this conversation with you. You would agree, though, that it has to be something jurisdictionally that Pam, like, we shouldn't if something is a state crime, the like you don't do what the other side did, right, So a lot of this also falls on local law enforcement, local prosecutors, because what you're asking for is an outsize fed at that point to come in and try to put charges. Now, a lot of this, I agree with you, there's cross over there, but some of this there's not. It is clearly state crimes. And I don't know that it falls on Pam Bondy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're felonies. They're committing felonies.
Speaker 1: That I got that, but it doesn't mean it's her lap. Yeah, well there's Look, there's a lot to be irritated with. And and by the way, I'm not sitting there trying to lecture and have you all get it. I'm trying to be honest about how I feel, so you don't have to take anything away from it. I'm just explaining to you why, in the back of mind, we could all argue.
Speaker 7: That what Merrick Gollan did was really wasn't in his jurisdiction, was out of.
Speaker 1: I'm agreeing with you, sir, I absolutely, Jeff, I agree with you one hundred percent. I'm just saying that I don't want Republicans to do that. But I don't know what the answer is. So I'm just that's the answer.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 7: We gotta we gotta play their game.
Speaker 9: Wise we lose.
Speaker 1: You're already we lose. All right? Yeah, all right, thank you for the call there, Jeff. Yeah, no, no, no, I I hear you. And this is what I battle with. Maybe something stronger, I don't know. Let's just get this thing rolling. Oh no, I got to talk to Pete and then do another hour of radio and we'll welcome in our radio buddy to the South Pete calendar Middays WBT and you can hear him on the iHeart Radio app. Good morning, Pete? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Good morning? How are you so?
Speaker 1: How crazy has this week been?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Eh? So, I had an idea boot Peteza Nazi.
Speaker 1: Boo boo, Pete boo, Pete. I'm sorry, go ahead, talk sir.
Speaker 2: You suck, Pete.
Speaker 1: You sucked, Pete boom. Sorry. I thought I was gonna chuck Edwards Town Halls. I got a little confirmed. Oh okay, I'm sorry. Peteza Nazi, super Nazi. Yeah, is that is that how we came?
Speaker 3: I had an idea. I had an idea.
Speaker 1: I don't like the idea. Yeah, that's you know who else had ideas? Hitler, You're literally oh Mane, we just owned you. Yeah, dude, I'm having I gotta tell you, I had a little bit of an existential crisis this morning, Pete, because I try not to hate. I have to be angry, but I try not to hate. Yeah, and I find myself hating right now. And I heard that in that audio from the town hall talk me off the ledge bro we'll stop booing you.
Speaker 3: Well, no, actually I was. My idea was that I was going to boo you.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you should see.
Speaker 3: I was fixing to come on and just shout you down every time you attempt to speak.
Speaker 1: Ah, I see, well, uh, and then.
Speaker 3: Demand that you listen to me. You have to listen to me. So this is I think I decoded this. I cracked the code a couple of years ago on this. So you hear all the time in these types of like you heard at the this Ashville protest where like you know, Chuck Edwards has a town hall by the way, Oh yeah, absolutely, the thousand people that showed up in Deep Blue Moon, that left wing Ashville. They all show up with their signs and their chants and screeching and such, and they are screaming at him. Listen to us, listen, listen to us. They keep saying, listen. And there's a difference. And this is what I mean. I feel like I cracked the code on this. So tell me what do you think There is a difference when a parent tells a child listen to me, and when I am having a discussion with an equal adult to adult and I'm saying, oh, you know, listen to what I'm saying here, Joe, you should listen to this, right, absolutely, yeah, right in the in the relationship dynamic between parent and child, the parent saying listen to me means what it means obey me. It means I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: To do this.
Speaker 3: You need to hear what I am saying and then follow what I am telling you to do this.
Speaker 1: I'll take you out as my mom exactly.
Speaker 3: Well are you quoting Bill Cosby?
Speaker 1: No, I'm quoting my mother.
Speaker 3: So okay, all right. And so I think, like all this time, or for a long time, I heard what their demand of you know, listen to what we're saying, and you need to listen to the people and listen to us. And when I finally realized, oh no, it's not that they want to be heard, because I hear them. I have heard your arguments, whatever you want to pass for those But like I've heard your demands, I've heard your screeching and you're screaming from the Moral Monday Movement and beyond. Like I've heard your position, I just don't agree. I don't agree with you. And so they keep saying I have to listen to them, and I feel like, you know what, I think they're telling me. I have to surrender and obey them. And that's what's really driving the anger, is that, Yeah, sure you.
Speaker 1: Because I've seen you on Twitter. If that person said I'm happy to discuss this with you, you would have a conversation with them. Oh yeah, right, you would to just sit there and scream at them or any of the rank. I mean, you may not walk away convinced, but you'll have that discussion. They clearly don't want to have that discussion with Chuck Edwards or anybody.
Speaker 3: Right right, And you uh to be completely transparent here, Casey will mock me for engaging in those types of Twitter back and forth. Sometimes he'll say, why he wasting your you.
Speaker 1: For doing it? I just don't understand why you because it's just not going to go anywhere, right right. I would never mock you, by the way, I would never mock you. If you're having a conversation where on Twitter, where the back and forth is substantive. That's fair, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's fair.
Speaker 1: But like the lunatics you choose to argue with, I'm just like, I'm worried about your mental health. Really, Oh no, oh, you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Look, as I heard the award winning actor Nick Sercy explain, does a does a cat hate the ball of yarn? No, it's play with it now, So yeah, no, I enjoy doing it. And here's the other thing. And this is really like fundamental to my entire approach at all of this stuff, which is that unchallenged ideas are easy to hold. A lot of people have opinions about things that they have not thought through. They just have a bumper sticker slogan that they screen out and they just know what the position that they're supposed to take. And when you actually engage in a conversation. It makes It should make their arguments stronger, right if they're good arguments, but it also should identify weaknesses and not just their argument, but my own, so I can then hone my argument. I can make it a better case. And a lot of people on the left, because they are protected through Democrat privilege by the media, they never have to argue these positions. They show up at town halls with signs, screen cuss words at elected officials while demanding that they listen to us, like, dude, we already heard you through the vote. You can disagree with the stuff that they're doing now, but people voted. You lost, These people won. They're going to be trying to do something that you don't like. I understand you don't like it, but you didn't win.
Speaker 1: Where do you think this ends up? I, as I said, I've always had the ability, because you have to in this job, to let a lot of it just roll off your back, right, because if not, you go crazy doing this Based on some of the emails and some of the stuff that we get. That being said, I find it harder and harder I find myself. I was talking about this on the radio and earlier, and it was more. It's more existential than anything. I find myself not angry. I find myself more frequently hating, and that's not healthy and maybe that's the goal there. But it like, what's going on with these judges right now? This the audacity of this judge the other day to tell Pete Hegseth he's got to essentially write an apology note because she can channel what a previous defense secretary thinks like. And then nothing gets done and it just drives me, baddie. What was the one yesterday? What was the lunatic yesterday? I have it hero, Sorry, I haven't hear my stack. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's been so many of these rulings by.
Speaker 1: These Yeah, it doesn't even matter. It's just something stupid yesterday. And it's and oh it was you got to rehire all the provision employees. Yeah, that's what it was. And it's like I sit there and I'm like, this is the kind of stuff that unravels a system that's not perfect, but is damn sure better than almost anywhere in the world, likely everywhere in the world, right and and they're willing to do it. Chuck Schumer is willing to shut the government down, Jasmine Crockett says, so they stop firing people because she's dumb and she doesn't realize that Elon will be cataloged as an essential employee and he'll keep doing what he's doing. And I just asked myself, what's going to be the breaking point here where there's a correction? Right, we talk about corrections in the stock market, where's the correction within the rule of law? Where do you think that actually emerges? Because they're damn sure better be one.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's what we're seeing. It just it takes a while, you know what I And I have cautioned my audience as well and people that I know, you know in real life, I say, you know, just give it a minute, because in our twenty four to seven constant news cycle that we're in, people tend to react immediately and then move on and it just generates more and more anger and outrage and the like. And what we don't know is like what it's going to look like in another week. Right, so we get the rulings, we see this for what it is. This is the fight, by the way, like this is this is the fight that people on the right have been itching to have as long as they have somebody that they could, you know, march into battle with. And and Trump is that person, for all of his flaws, and uh, I am wary of him as well as the leader of this fight. But he is taking this fight on to the left. And that's why they are behaving the way they are behaving. You are talking about dismantling a you know, multi billion, maybe trillion dollar operation that funnels money from taxpayers into the pockets of leftist causes, organizations, individuals, and it's a it's this massive money laundering operation. Of course, they are going to react like the dog that got hit. So we should expect that, and that should mean no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I fully expect as I expect the unwashed masses of Asheville to assemble, right, I get that. But what I don't expect is fifty some federal judges who just decided their activists and they like, they're not even pretending, they're not even pretending. And so what I sit there and I look at it, because here's here's my thing. It's it's one. It absolutely bastardizes what is supposed to be checks and balances, and really, the federal judiciary. But also there are a lot of people on the right who aren't of the opinion that it necessarily they think it's bad, but they just kind of wish they were the ones doing it. And then you go down the rabbit hole like you did with you know where they decided that they don't need sixty votes for judges anymore, and then the Republicans said, oh, I guess that means the Supreme Court too, right, It's this. I'm a slippery slope guy, you know this, Pete.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am too. I agree. This is my concern too. This is why I caution people with regard to Donald Trump eight years ago, was like, I get it. You want to hire like you're you're fighting monsters all the time, and eventually you're you say, you know what, I'm just going to go ahead and hire my own monster to fight their monsters. And the problem with that is that you end up with just a lot more monsters. Right, that's the slippery slope, and that's a concern absolutely. But you know, on the other hand, I would prefer to know who all of these people are. I have referred to judges for years as lawyers with a wardrobe change just because they get on the bench doesn't mean they are now impartial arbiters of the law that has not been I mean, it all depends on what judge you get, what venue they're in, what their politics are. So like it's almost like, you know, the good old days weren't always good. Just because people weren't aware of this kind of judicial activism before, it doesn't mean it was happening. It's now so blatant and in our face. And like again, these are leftists, and they're trying to argue positions that are illogical, that don't make sense legally, and so I would be I would have a hard time making these arguments too, which is why some of their rulings sound like gibberish. It's because they're trying to write in defense of an indefensible position.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, but the problem is then you have people who go, well, what we need is we need the judges not to have the ability to ever question what the executive branch is doing. Right, No, that's not right. There's a right. Checks and balances are a legitimate function and of our government. Right, it's one of the things that our founding fathers spent a crap ton of time on right. This is why our government is so unique. There's nothing like it on earth. And I believe, and maybe you believe a lot of people believe. It's Probably it's not perfect, but it's better than you know, better than communism or you know, starving four million people to death. So how do you course correct on the judiciary without removing something because you know they get Gavin news Let's say Gavin Newsom's the next president. He does something insane, even though he's pretending to be a right winger right now. But you have to have the Supreme Court have the ability to do checks and balances. So you've got to be very careful how you put it back on this stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is where the Roberts Court, the Supreme Court is going to have to do something. They're going to have to draw a line in the sand. At some point they refuse to do so a couple of weeks ago on some lower court, district court, you know, level ruling. But just this concept that a single judge that's been selected through venue shopping basically gets to set policy and override entire swaths of the federal government with temporary restraining orders. This is a bastardization of the of the law. And if and remember these courts are designed, the lower courts are supposed to just kind of uh, take care of a lot of the cases at a lower level, so everything doesn't all go up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: So if you are, if you are based and by the way, based on the Upper Court's previous rulings exactly.
Speaker 3: And so if you have lower courts that are now just freelancing out there making stuff up, then that's on the US Supreme Court to police its own and if they are unwilling to do so, then I think you do start looking at mechanisms like impeaching judges and that sort of thing. But again, like you said, it opens a can of worms where we're asking people to basically follow their oaths and the law, and when you have people that refuse to do so, there is an argument to be made that you have to drop the hammer on them, and you've got to make an example. It's like the Tesla fire bombings and stuff, right like until you start test oh yeah, right right, yeah, You've got to start charging people. You've got to start throwing the books at people, because otherwise there's no disincentive, and the high trust society that we have all grown up in is gone and probably gone forever. So that's what that's my main concern is that we we we move towards a society that is no longer a high trust society, and then all of the economics start breaking down from there.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't know that anyone, especially I guess on the right trusts federal judges right now. And the fact is there's thousands of them right yeah, between the districts and the actual appointed judges there at the federal level. So it's like you're you're, you are. They are effectively decimating and I like the way that you put it. They're they're decimating the very trust that we have in a portion of our government. Unfortunately, we're out of time and I got like nine other things I want to get to. But yeah, that's where it has to end. It's okay, I need all right, man? You want to beer?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 3: Happy pie Day? By the way, Yeah, I have fun.
Speaker 1: On Saint Patty's too. By the way. We'll talk to you next week, brother, AhR buddy, and we'll be right back. Hang on what he said anything? Some guy just came in. He's like all your poor ross had to put all the stuff up on his counter and he can't even see his toys, no action figures. Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I feel like I'm in a foxhole. Everything's up on the counters and stuff like old boxes.
Speaker 1: Your studio, my studio, everything had to come off to some guy just came and like everything off the ground.
Speaker 2: So and the thing of it is like none of it is really mine, Like it's all like your old boxes and stuff from stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stuff in there like I moved in there. Well, the fridge is the fridge isn't even mine it like it like that things I've never used that. It's not my fridge. So you can take it home.
Speaker 2: I would not. That's been here for over a decade.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: You'd get some disease eating out of that thing. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: No, you'd end up like the dudes who were doing body shops off the porn chick down in cant Coon.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to touch that.
Speaker 2: I'm just surrounded by stuff now. So it's like, you know, what kind of carpet do you want?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: So I'm like sun I could be nice to walk around without shoes on.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I had to like take stuff off the bookshelves and the cases and stuff and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And you can Ross has a lot of stuff stuff, but it's like properly placed, whereas I have like a pile of just box boxes and bags that have just accumulated over the years. So but it's a lot easier to move it around. Ross has uh what's the word I'm where. I'm uh, you have a fung shway in your studio, like Trunk's got a place.
Speaker 2: Right exactly right right. But I'm excited they're replacing the carpet because this carpet, I mean it's been in this studio since what nineteen eighty or something, So I don't even want to know what's in the Like it's one of those dateline specials where they take to like, yeah, I don't even go to.
Speaker 1: The comfort in They're like, oh, let's look at the room. So it's just like oh my god. Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: People, because it used to be a different format. It's been like two or three different formats. See, like the story like one time Frankie Goes to Hollywood was in there and you won't believe what happened, like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well what was it? What was rooster of the country in there? And yeah, Ross, specifically Ross's studio has been Yeah, it's still got to be back. Can you imagine putting a black light on that studio down the hall, you know the one please d Yeah, they're no way yeah, oh all right, so anyway, new carpet. Well, and then nobody tells us anything. Just the conversation with Ross and I were having off the air, Yeah, somebody's the guy.
Speaker 2: He said, can you know they're replacing, like the entire building is crazy And they said, so are we going to be getting a new board? He said no. And when they asked us back in the day, like I think it was Trevor Matt and engineering, somebody asked like, do you want a new board? And I was being sarcastic and I said no, But apparently they thought it was being like for real, which is too.
Speaker 1: I just want to be clear. Ross has the oldest possible digital board because it's the first digital board ever invented for radio. You know, yeah, you're not kidding, I'm not kidding. It is literally the first digital non analog board that was ever produced for radio studios, and Ross happens to have one in his in his studio. The one in my studio is not much younger, but the one in yours is literally as old as possible for a digital board. So they asked him and he's like, nah, it's fine, but you didn't. But he was being sarcastic.
Speaker 2: But I was being sarcastic, but kind of because at the same point, I hate change, right, and I left my older board, Like it's like a piano you learn to play, right. Yeah, at the same point, I want them to offer me a new board. Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, dude, one of those wheats. Because what's crazy is when I worked in Minneapolis, I had a new wheatstone board and this is a little inside baseball but basically it's automated, so like even the slides, the little dials move on their own, and like it was spoiled. So when I first came to Raleigh, I actually worked in your studio for the first few months before they got the other studio done, and it was like it was like having a nice new modern car and then you just somebody gave you a model t if it was crazy.
Speaker 2: As an introvert, I feel like I don't want to go to the thing, but I want to be invited to the thing, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It's a sent No, it's like it's like those you know those couples where they're like, no, don't get me anything for Christmas, but really they want something for Christmas? Would that be fair?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing when they asked me, I was just being my sarcastic self, so it was like, no, of course I don't want a new board, and they were like, apparently gonna work in my sarcasm.
Speaker 1: H I don't know, it's bad. Probably too late now, so it is. Yeah, all right, well it's a new carpet, So I got that going for you. All right, let's see here.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 1: I have beat my brain in trying to figure out how to do one of these stories, and I just don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. It's just so crazy. Oh, let me mention this though. Yeah, I'm so angry at Moonbats, not not hate, just anger. Okay, since that's the theme of the show. So do you remember literally years ago when BUCkies wanted to put a BUCkies in out on forty, going out just past the split. And but technically it was in you know, it was under the purview of the Chapel Hill mafia there, right, and they objected to it because it had gas pumps or something. Right, It's just pure eco lunacy. And as a result it took a while for BUCkies to figure out where they were going to put one. Well, eventually they were able to get outside the county and into a more reasonable county in the form of elements. They're in Memin and so they're going forward this Now it looks like they're not going to open the BUCkies till twenty twenty seven. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: This is turning into like the JFK files or the Epstein files. Yes, do you think you're pushing it along? Teasing us, Come on, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Mevin Mayor ed hooks as BUCkies could open by twenty twelve. I'm not blaming the Mayor, by the way, because again they were the second suitor. They were gonna put this thing not in Alemance. But but then the moonbats got into it and they're like, oh, we don't want gas pumps or something. It was literally like oh, they're gonna have to put gas. They're gonna have to put gas tanks in the ground. Yeah, that's what gas stations do. You absolute loan. But also, like gas is a small sliver of what people want from BUCkies. We need to make this happen. And now it's gonna be twenty twenty seven. So yeah, I just saw Mayor Hooks said that the project starts in the summer. It'd be about eighteen months, so early twenty twenty seven. I thought that thing was going to be in so much sooner. I was so disappointed to see that. Ah, what if they do You think we could get them to relocate the studios to inside the BUCkies. That'd be amazing, wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have nicer bathrooms than us.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's not even difficult. Even though they did that. The bathrooms are one of the things they actually did upgrade what about four years ago, five years ago, so they're not as bad as they used to be. But I'm just saying, nadio studio in the BUCkies.
Speaker 2: You put in the automatic fleshing thing the toilets, and they hate the automatic fleshing it with a sensor because you're trying to go to the bathroom and then I just obviously you SCC details and stuff, but you're trying to like do your business and it just keeps flushing. I'm not done yet. And then they put those in to save water.
Speaker 1: I know, we it's it doesn't make any sense, doesn't make any sense at all. They're better than they used to be. They adjusted something because when they first put them in, you could like walk down the hall and just hear flushing even though nobody was in there. It was so bad, right, they did it, and it's like, oh, we're saving water, We're saving the planet, like so many of these things. Right, they're like, oh, I bought an electric car, Really, where's the electricity come from?
Speaker 2: And the other thing the problem in there too. I'm just the problems in that bathroom man or they have the censored faucets that you know, they give you water when you move your hand in front of it, and it doesn't work. You're moving your hand in front of it like you're John Cena doing the face thing, you know what I mean, You're like right, moving my hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then I saw John.
Speaker 1: I saw an interview with John Cena. I had never seen this do you know do you know why he did why he did that thing?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do know the origin story.
Speaker 1: Yes it was. It was a fifty cent right, I dare it was. Somebody dared him to do it. So he did it as a joke and people liked it, and he goes, now I've done it for eighteen yeah.
Speaker 2: Cause he it's not his original idea. It was another like hip hop guy's idea that we used to do in the videos and see it took it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well they know the guy dared him to do it. Literally, on one of the the they were like before the thing, he's like, hey, you should do this thing at the thing or you know, WrestleMania or whatever it was, and he's so he did it, and then everyone's like, that's amazing, and then he's been doing it since then. So all right, uh sorry, today's show is literally just ross and I gripe it about stuff. So but you know what, it's cathartic and every now and then you need it. And another thing and another thing. Ray Stagic from the Weather Channel. Do you have anything you want to complain about about your your place of employment? Because that's what we're doing today so oh no, yeah, I just went and clicked it and then it went away. All right, Well, maybe he's maybe it's us. Maybe that's maybe it's us he's complaining about. Can you see if he did he get connected on the comras? Oh he's not. Okay, all right, well I'm gonna stall for time here and another What was the other thing you wanted to mention? Why are the elevators always ripped a part too? Now have you noticed that every elevator is like in moving modes, so they get all the pads and everything in there. All right, I'm just looking for stuff too, I complain about now, all right, there he is, all right, We're just what is going on?
Speaker 6: Man? Just thumb aggravated. That's okay, It's okay. It's Friday.
Speaker 1: Wait no, no, no, we're today. Our show is just us complaining to me.
Speaker 2: I know that that fits into the team perfectly, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So a beef, but it's got to be like a weird beef about your place of employment like this, because somebody just walked into the studios and said, hey, everything off the ground. We're replacing the carpet, and nobody nobody tells us anything.
Speaker 6: So well, yeah, well that happens all the time. I just remember the old saying about broadcasting it is not synonymous with communication.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a lot. I'm like, we're in the communications business really.
Speaker 6: Or supposed to be. Anyway, I walk into a bunch of landmines when I come into the real office, you know, the actual weather channel build.
Speaker 1: Idea, we should have them put land mines in when they pay.
Speaker 6: I mean there's a there's a ton of They got the new project we're working on right now, and you got this piece of it, and then you know, everything is supposed to be better. Right when you come into the in a real building.
Speaker 2: It's like bad news land mindes good news. You might not have to work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 1: Oh what what's gone? I guess you could.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, I was going to try another thing. I'm like, well, let me try the other browser. Maybe that could be the problem. And I don't know. Now you know what it is now I don't.
Speaker 1: It's the universe aligned against you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it is. It's strange. They get a little beep like it's connecting, and then it shows that it's whatever. Anyway, good connection for weather, you know, great couple of days coming up. Do want to give everybody and heads up for the weekend. Tail end of the weekend, Sundays are day for severe storms, so on our guard run the slight risk, which is one of the lower risk assessments from the Weather Service. But that doesn't mean the danger isn't there for winds to sixty and hail and maybe some isolated tornadoes. I mean, the last severe weather event we had where we had some tornadoes was also Cyrus Day. So the level doesn't necessarily the chance. It just means that maybe not as widespread from what's going to be the potential being a bigger severe weather maybe even a tornado outbreak starting this afternoon, overnight tonight into tomorrow and tomorrow night across the Midwest and eventually the South. So luckily those storms a weekend, but a few beautiful days coming up will get Today plenty of sunshine with some clouds, a little patche fog early been upper sixties fifty tonight Tomorrow at upper seventies, maybe a drizzle round in the morning, and then it's Sunday with the storms in and then we'll clay out some beautiful weather next week Monday back close to sixty degrees and then seventy and then eighty degree temperatures coming back Tuesday Wednesday. Down in the forties at night might sum up for thirties early Tuesday morning, casey. But after that looks like a modifying trend. So our storm chance Sunday, other than that early next week looks real nice. Let's see Monday, Saint Patrick, stay excuse me, So there are some parties. If there's parties going on this weekend, especially if you've got events on Sunday, be aware of the severe weather threat, right, and uh.
Speaker 1: Good on you guys trying to sign Cooper Cup. But we'll talk about that Monday.
Speaker 6: If yeah, we'll talk yea, hopefully in a better circumstances