Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Happy Venereal Day.
Speaker 3: I saw this contest and I instantly thought, this is Shannon all day.
Speaker 4: But it's the boatload.
Speaker 5: Of Cheese dot com and it's Tillamook giving away a boatload of cheese.
Speaker 2: Actually it's a bunch of coupons. But man, that seems like that's right up your alley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're damn right, it is, looking it up right now? Oh, win a boatload of cheese. Oh my goodness, it's time. Wait, no, hi, I'm still in the cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh dare you?
Speaker 1: They're giving one lucky dairy lover a boatload of cheese. Nine pounds of cheese. You can enter to win now through February twentieth. You got some time put us in here. Sure, Okay, Now it's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 4: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat, a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollick box.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 7: We got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits, so what I'm not going anywhere, so.
Speaker 2: That now you train the squaw, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 4: You know, Americans have always been gone with a president.
Speaker 6: They're not stupid.
Speaker 8: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Why have the people voted for you were not swap watch they're all canonoid.
Speaker 1: I'm entering for you as well. Okay, so when you get the email, that's what that's about.
Speaker 8: There's some stuff going on in Washington, d C. We talked earlier about how the Department of Government Efficiency is now apparently looking through the IRS. Couple of government watchdogs have been launching audits into the new DOGE access to some of the sensitive federal payment systems that have been located at the Treasury Department.
Speaker 2: All of this, I shouldn't say all of it.
Speaker 8: A lot of this is being run through through the court system as well to test whether or not it is in fact legal. When he was asked about it yesterday, President Trump said that, of course he would follow the rules of the court.
Speaker 9: If the judge does block one of your policies part of your agenda, will you abide by that?
Speaker 5: Ruling leagal.
Speaker 7: I always abide by the courts, and then I'll have to appeal it. But then what he's done is he slowed down the momentum and it gives crooked people more time to cover up the books. Yeah, the answer is I always abide by the courts, always abide by him, and will appeal, but appeals take a long time.
Speaker 8: Senator Mazie Herono said that we're getting screwed by Doge and all.
Speaker 10: The people that they support are getting screwed.
Speaker 1: Well, that makes me laugh every time Valdimir Zelenski is speaking up about this phone call between Putin and Trump, by the way, stunning really at the time. This happened on Wednesday, and Zelenski said, Trump said to me that Putin wants to stop the war. I said to him, Putin's a liar. I hope that you will pressure him because I don't trust him. He said they had a very direct conversation, or that he had had a very direct conversation with Putin about the very same thing as ceasefire related back in twenty nineteen, and he says it's a non starter. Jd Vance I believe met with Zelenski as well, today.
Speaker 8: JD Vance spoke at this Munich security conference over there.
Speaker 2: In turn, he.
Speaker 8: Believes that our European friends must play a bigger role in the future of this continent. Sort of a higher international platform for jd Vance than we had seen in the past for vice presidents. He did acute let's say, he wasn't extremely nice to the European Union. He was very upfront about the way his boss, President Trump feels about Europe. He accused European officials of canceling elections, asked whether we're holding ourselves to an appropriately higher standard, and to the president and said there's a new sheriff in town. But he said this, and this is an important way to the important way for him to put it is, we may disagree with your views, but we will fight to defend your right to offer it in the public square.
Speaker 11: So i.
Speaker 2: Voltaire. I mean, I don't remember who said the quote originally, But I may not agree with you. Know, I may not agree with.
Speaker 8: What you say, you have the right to say it absolutely, So I mean, that's what's that kind of.
Speaker 2: Is perhaps his better jd.
Speaker 8: Vance is a very good public speaker, and he's representing the United States at the Munich Security Conference. The other person that was supposed to be there, one of them was Marco Rubio, Secretary of State. He actually had to return to America last night. Well I don't think he had actually left the airspace, but one of the the modified seven to fifty sevens that the Air Force uses to transport secretaries of state had a cockpit windshield crack and they were about ninety minutes in their flight last night over to Germany. They had to turn around and come back, which is not common. But oh, and then a quick political note. This includes California. Rick Grinnell, President Trump's Special Missions Envoy and interim executive director at the Kennedy Center said, if Kamala Harris runs for governor, he may throw his hat into the ring and run for governor as a Republican.
Speaker 1: That means nothing, no, but he has no name recognition whatsoever. He could she's going to take californ There's no way she's going to take California. I don't mean to be dismissive. I just think that you know how people are. I mean, if you don't have any name recognition at this point in the game, you're screwed.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But then you come off as homophobic because you can't vote against the gay guy.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was gay. That's how much I don't know about him.
Speaker 8: The other quick note is that the White House already has limited AP access to the Oval Office because they have refused to call it the Gulf of America. Now they are saying that they will limit AP journalist access to the Oval Office and Air Force One because of the geographic name change of the Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: Just to put a bow on that conversation. Gay is very passe now. It's about female swimmers with penises. That's who you're fighting for in California.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got some time gay.
Speaker 1: It's very nineteen nineties. You can make some body in fact conservatives are gay.
Speaker 2: That's conservative now.
Speaker 1: To be gay, just gay is that's a republican thing to do in California.
Speaker 8: It's very republican to be gay nowadays. When we come to sweat, is it hot?
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 8: When we come back, there is an update on our astronauts that have been on the International Space Station for way too long.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I have your Jeopardy question. We'll do that and we come back. Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 12: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we'll do that, and then we'll to a Valentine's Day story involving a mass shooting roses for twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Rich in vitamin C.
Speaker 1: The fruit of the rose plant goes by this anatomical.
Speaker 2: Name, tomical. There's rich in vitamins C. What is the head?
Speaker 8: I don't know the rose head, rose bud, rose hip, rose hips. Oh okay, anatomical.
Speaker 2: You knew baleen, but you didn't know about rose hips.
Speaker 8: How often do you say the term rose hips. That's the first time I can guarantee you approximately fifteen years that you've said rose hips.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever said the words rose hips. I restamore together.
Speaker 1: Cops in Indiana say they swore thwarted. Excuse me. A Valentine's Day mass shooting that a teen girl was plotting at her high school. Her name is Trinity, Trinity Shockley, eighteen years old. She had a plot to shoot up her high school. I texted a couple of my friends who have kids that are middle school, high school, beginning of high school, and I said, how are kids processing Valentine's Day these days, I'm curious and they pick flowers, they give gifts. It's like it's a whole thing in middle school, and I'm thinking, gosh, I would have been so I mean, it was an anxiety thing before I knew what that word was. To get Valentine's grams or whatever from boys in middle school gifts, my goodness, I would have freaking had a panic attack. But boy gave me like that would be crazy. But apparently that's what everybody does now. Fascinating, But anyway, this is weird. This girl, eighteen year old Trinity, was previously the focus of a community fundraiser there in Morrisville, Indiana, for what She was hit by a drunk driver on her way to school two years ago. Tip came from the FBI Tuesday evening about an alleged attack on the school. They go to her home, they rate it and arrest her. She's been held without bail, charged with conspiracy to commit murder, threat to confirm terrorism, conspiracy to commit intimidation. No details about what they found in the home, but it must have been a lot.
Speaker 8: They found in her father's bedroom. Sorry, there's an issue with the pronouns also really yeah. During the investigation, they identify the person of interest is Trinity. Court documents say Trinity is transgender and goes by the name Jamie, so there's some issues there. Court documents also said they found in dad's room and AR fifteen magazines and a box of forty caliber rounds, again.
Speaker 2: That he's a military veteran. Okay.
Speaker 8: She wrote in notebooks, I want to be just like Elliott Roger of.
Speaker 2: Course, the Ilavista guy. Ye, the in cell.
Speaker 8: I want to hurt others. I hate you all, die die die. I miss Ethan Crumbly. He was the guy that shot kids in Michigan. I want to hurt others. Becoming the worst version of myself hurts. But this needs to be done.
Speaker 2: I love you. Nicholas Cruz oh Y.
Speaker 8: Cruise was the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
Speaker 1: She apparently was chatting with somebody else on discord, writing, yeah, I'll be honest, I'm close to shooting mine up. I have an AR fifteen and the person wrote back, OMD, that's so cool. But wait, do you have a solid plan? And she said Parkland Part two? Of course, I've been planning this for a year. The person wrote back, you don't plan on killing yourself?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: And she wrote no, and the person wrote back, Okay, good your secret is safe with me.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: Kids are awful, and if you do carry it out, good luck. Kids are awful. Smile at them. Smiling is your best mask, and then go on and do great things.
Speaker 2: I guess that's the positive twist.
Speaker 1: You don't shot up the school, don't do that. Do we have love stories to get you later on?
Speaker 8: We do actually have some love stories to get to. This would be a funny rom com Lost in space?
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Talk about this? Sandra Bullock? This? Uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know if that would count as lost in space. You've be the one element of George Clooney.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did they have a love element? I don't believe so. They was just they were just co working. Was that Sandra Bullock or was that somebody else? Sandra Bullock? And gravity?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gravity is really really tough.
Speaker 2: That's but Williams he's won us.
Speaker 8: Sorry, but will Moore and Sony Williams the two astronauts that went up in the Boeing craft and then they couldn't come home, right, away. They've been up there since so, you know, August, I believe so the same underwear.
Speaker 2: But there's a plan. They say they have a plan.
Speaker 8: There is a plan to get them down, but there have been other plans that have not come to fruition. And we hope that they're doing well. They actually sounded great in this interview. We'll play some cuts for you when we come back. Love it all right, Gary and Shane.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to be able to see through how great they sound right to their soiled underwear.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's an interesting is it.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 12: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 8: The two astronauts who launched on Boeing Starline are first crude test flight and have been in low earth orbit since June, I said August for some reason, since June of last year. They want to set the record straight. They are not stranded on the internationals base station. They have friends, They totally have friends. Everything is fine. Sunny Williams spoke with Anderson Cooper last night on the CNN.
Speaker 5: We're doing pretty darn good.
Speaker 13: Actually, you know, we've got food, we've got clothes, We're have great crew. Members up here. You know, of course it was a little bit longer stay than we had expected. But you know, both of us have trained to live and work on the International Space Station, and I think we've made the most of.
Speaker 8: It now in terms of what's the plan going forward, butch Wilmore.
Speaker 14: Right now, the plan is that Crew ten will launch on the twelfth of March. They'll come here, rendezvous and Doc, we'll do a turnover for about a week, and we will return.
Speaker 5: I don't know about the nineteenth of March.
Speaker 2: Also, they want to set the record straight.
Speaker 8: They said, despite the language, the different words that are used to describe their situation, that they were not abandoned.
Speaker 14: We don't feel abandoned. We don't feel stuck, we don't feel stranded. I understand why others may think that we come, we come committed.
Speaker 4: That is what your human space flight program is.
Speaker 14: It prepares for any and all contingencies that we can conceive of, and we prepare for those. So if you'll help us change the rhetic, rhetoric can help us change the narrative, and let's let's change it to prepared and committed.
Speaker 4: Vice what you've been hearing, that's what we.
Speaker 8: Prefer now what I was amazed at. These two seem to have a really great sense of humor. I'd be so pissed off that Boeing or NASA or whoever that they can't get it together to get me off of it.
Speaker 1: While you're sitting in a padded room with this dumb ass doing a radio show.
Speaker 2: Because I would never do that.
Speaker 1: You would not pass the neuro test to become an astronaut.
Speaker 2: And I say that with love.
Speaker 1: You would not pass the test because they put you through all the rigors of worse possible case scenarios.
Speaker 8: Well, worst case scenario is they never get rescued, right, they just end up in the great vacuum of space.
Speaker 2: You've got to have the kind of.
Speaker 1: Temperament that the guy who watched his son get eaten by a whale had on the kayak of just like, stay calm, everything's fine, it spit you out, come on over.
Speaker 2: You've got to have that kind of temperament.
Speaker 1: You fly off the handle way too much to ever be sent to space.
Speaker 8: Right, I'm the one. But Wilmore was asked about coming back. I mean, they've been up there for eight months and that can take a toll yesterday I was doing a story about Scott Kelly, the astronaut, the twin brother of Mark Kelly. He shrunk, Yeah, there are neurological changes that go on when you're in space that long's there's stuff that happens to your body. Sunny Williams was saying, it's basically a day for a day. For every day you spend in space, it takes about a day for you to recover fully, and which Wilmore was saying, once.
Speaker 2: We get back on Earth, gravity's hard.
Speaker 5: Gravity is really really tough.
Speaker 4: That's what we'll fill when we first get you must tough. We have no gravity.
Speaker 14: Well, we don't feel the effects of gravity here, we're floating as as as Sonny has been saying. But when you get back, gravity starts pulling everything your lower extremities, the fluid that is shifting.
Speaker 4: You know, I got a little puffy face.
Speaker 14: It's always that way when you're when I'm in space, and all that fluid is going to be pulled to my lower extremities, and it's really going to be different. Even to lift a pencil. You don't even fill a pencil when you lift it. When we get back. Even to lift a pencil. We will feel the weight.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine that? Just how heavy that everything's gonna feel? Everything just wearing a shakes kind of like when you work out with weights around, like your wrists or your ankles, and you're doing different stuff like leg lifts or you're doing some of your arms, and then you put those weights down, and how light you feel. It's the opposite of thalkround going like this. No, it's not ridiculous. Okay, Hey, I had too much coffee, No kidding, no kidding, Selena Gomez, my second cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: So oh catching up? Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Selena Gomez is releasing a new album with her fiance Benny Blanco. The first single is called Scared of Loving You from the album I Said I Love You First. Sounds like a great relationship. That sounds like she's scared to love you and she's still holding it over your head that she said I love you first. Well you good luck kids. You've seen the pictures of that guy, right, the fine bedrock of a relationship.
Speaker 8: What I would have expected from her. But we have a lot of love stories we'll get to when we come back.
Speaker 12: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 15: Hey, I just wanted to say thank you Happy Valentine's my friend, miss Migos for making every day a special day, just like the Young Lady or you're saying, Sid, it's the everyday stuff like the Gary and Shannon show that make us smile.
Speaker 4: SA.
Speaker 2: So I love him, HiPE man. He's the best best hype man we've had.
Speaker 1: My God, Well, that little kid's a good hype person too.
Speaker 2: I don't remember if it's a boy or a girl, a little kid. You wanted real love stories? I did? You did?
Speaker 16: Hi Aaran Shannon. I wanted to tell you my true love story. I met my husband at summer school between my sophomore and junior year of college, and we I thought it would just be kind of fun for a summer thing. But fast forward to fall semester. The first week I came down with a terrible, terrible kidney infection. I was hallucinating in what bed and he would bring me over soup and then he also went to all.
Speaker 4: Rest the story kidney and fat guy.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really sweet. One of my girlfriends, her daughter's fourteen. Her boyfriend picked her a hand picked bouquet today, Like that is really sweet. It really is the little things, Like he didn't spend any money on that, but it means more because he went out and picked those flowers himself.
Speaker 2: I don't know whose.
Speaker 1: Garden he stole from, but he made it himself. Just like the making of the soup and bringing it over. I mean, that's the kind of person you want for the long haul. You ever make your wife soup?
Speaker 2: Yes? Good? Yeah. When I met my husband, I don't remember having a kidney infection, but I guess it can happen.
Speaker 17: When I met my husband thirty three years ago, he was a friend of my brother's for ten years. He didn't know I existed, and when I met him, he said, oh, your Carl's sister and gave me a hug. I knew I would have his children and we would grow old together. Thirty three years, I still haven't killed them.
Speaker 2: I love him to death.
Speaker 8: I was a friend to my wife's brother long before I knew that he had a sister. And then you saw her and you said, hey, girl, I was a dummy.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she's stuck around me. I was wearing a pager. That should be the end. Of the conversation. At that point, we all had pagers.
Speaker 9: It was the time Higerian Shannon Happy Valentine's Day. My love story is that I've met my husband nineteen years ago and I went home the next day and I told my mom, I'm going to marry this guy if he doesn't change. And within six months we were married. We were living in different countries and still living in different countries for a while, and we just thought we'll figure it out eventually, but we know we want to be with each other. So we're living in the same country, same house.
Speaker 2: Now that's good.
Speaker 11: Married twenty years and love is getting a random text from your husband like this. He's a crane operator and he was randomly hanging the moon.
Speaker 2: For me with the crane.
Speaker 11: It was so sweet. And always makes sure to have a fuel in my tank because I hate pumping fuel.
Speaker 1: My dad was like that for my mom. He would fill up her car with gas. It was very much into making sure we had enough gas. I think it was one of his irrational fears that we would run out of gas and then wild animals would kill us.
Speaker 2: But you have run out of gas.
Speaker 1: I have, but only because I was poor in college and just didn't have money. I was just wondering how long that truck would run.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 8: I ran out of gas a couple of times because I was arrogant, and I was like, what is the what is the fuel gage?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I've made that phone call to my brother a couple of times, like, hey, it's orange right now. If it's really a bad thing, it'll go to red right And he's like, no, there is no ready, there is no redd.
Speaker 2: It's orange. She should probably get some gas.
Speaker 18: Dip ass Hay, Gary and Shannon Our love story. My husband had passed away and I was going to a high adventure class for boy Scouts to be a leader for my son. And I was sitting in the room and I saw Bob walk down the aisle and I thought, oh my gosh, and it terrified me. But everywhere we went camping, he followed me around and we're still together and I love him so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's very sweet.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of It's one of the reasons why I love When Harry met Sally, And it's a good revisit. I revisit that movie from time to time, even though it's five hundred years old because they have all these love stories intertwined with Nora Efron and the brilliance of her, all these love stories intertwined with the story of Harry and Sally and when they met and eventually fell in love.
Speaker 2: It's just nice to hear.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things that it's it's like a it's like a disaster, right, Okay, it doesn't discriminate. We all fall in love no matter where we come from, who we are, what we have, what we don't have.
Speaker 2: Love can be a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wildfire and the Palisades and I'll burn it in Altadena.
Speaker 8: Yes, Hey, Gary, and happy Valentine you too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been married for fifty even though that was with four different women. Okay, but I got to say there was a lot of romance and love and all.
Speaker 1: That like them.
Speaker 2: So why make one who is that? I don't know. Why make one miserable when you make them all happy?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 10: Gary and Shannon. My husband and I met forty years ago at a Valentine's party. It was a blind date at a fraternity and sorority party. We married two years later, had four children and now have eight grandchildren. And the key to our marriage is lots of laughing and much forgiveness.
Speaker 6: I love your show.
Speaker 10: A great day, Happy Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Excellent advice, by the way, excellent Good.
Speaker 19: Morning, Gary and Shannon. I'm not trying to be bitter, but I'm gonna have to turn this off because you know, I love love just like the next person, but not all of us.
Speaker 11: I'm that kind of love.
Speaker 2: Some of us are going to breakup.
Speaker 19: Sorry, even if it's been four months, but it was ten years. So I think that I got turning off today. But I love you guys, and I love that Shannon doesn't have to get any more.
Speaker 5: Than cental work.
Speaker 14: And I love my voice.
Speaker 19: I love my children.
Speaker 2: So there, that's a good kind of love. That's wonderful. What is the rule on that? For years? Like how well they say that? I was just thinking that.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking that because they say it takes like the time you were together, and I don't know who they are. I know I've heard this, but it may have been it may be antiquated, like back when your relationships lasted a month, like in high school or whatever, but it takes the time you were together times two to like get over it. That would be a long time. That would be twenty years at well, everything's different. I mean you get over it, or you maybe the guy's a total a hole and every day you're like, thank God that guy's gone.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, but if you're with him for ten years, well maybe you just hid the.
Speaker 3: Hey Gary Shannon, Yeah, my wife and I have known each other since we were five years old, grew up together playing mud pies and doctor and then finally, at the age of twenty, while in the military, she paid for her ticket out to Aberdeen proven Grounds and we got married. Called on forty years this year. So yeah, childhood sweethearts got to play doctor twice.
Speaker 2: I was a little creepy. Did you ever play doctor?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I yes, but I don't remember it being anything other than like, why did you just do this? No?
Speaker 2: No, I was doing this. I was doing the Shane Gillis this like you were doing a breast exam? No?
Speaker 8: I was like a no no. Because my my friend down the street, her mom was a nurse, so she had like a stethoscope, random nursy things to like, hey, let me check on your respiratory rate or whatever.
Speaker 1: Did you do that with your wife when she was going through medical things.
Speaker 2: No, she never did allow me to do any of this. Did you ask?
Speaker 8: I just I didn't say I asked. I just said I would be available. Like if hey, if you wanted to throw on the old nineteen forties nurses uniform and do just a wellness check, just you know, just the top to bottom assessment of you know, she.
Speaker 1: Says, I imagine an assessment, and I've assessed you to be a complete jackass.
Speaker 8: Imagine I like, just walk into the emergency room, like where would you start?
Speaker 2: Were not there? Not there?
Speaker 6: My husband always sent me long stemmed red roses throughout our forty year marriage. He died of multiple myloma back in twenty nineteen. Before he died, he arranged to have long stem red roses sent to me on our anniversary after he passed with a beautiful love letter, thank you for the.
Speaker 2: Time we had together every single year. I've read that before. I've read that story before. Was it her story?
Speaker 8: At the bottom of the hour, we're going to get into what you learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Show. So you can always leave us a talkback message you're on the app, Just hit that little microphone button and that leaves us a message. If you're listening through an Amazon And enabled device, you can just say, hey, send a message to KFI and she'll record and send it right to us. So what you learned this week coming up at the bottom of.
Speaker 2: The hour, Well talk trending when we come back. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 8: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.