Speaker 1: What's up barty, people, and welcome to Countdown to Classic, where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of Countdown to Classic. It's so lovely to have you all here. And guys, it's basically a new server review here today on the podcast. It's super duper casual. I've just recorded an extended chat amongst about twenty of us in voice chat on day one of the Bronze Beard server launch. Now, as I've said already on the show, a lot of you who are still catching up with past episodes of the show and you've bingered over the last month or whatever might have a bit of whiplash from like whoa, whoa, Josh, what is going on? You guys have just hyped up this Epoch server for the last month. Now you're talking about another private server, Bronzebeard. What's going on? You'll get all the info in the call, guys, but look, basically, Epoch. I'm recording this on the tenth of October, about a week after we recorded the call that you'll hear in this episode. And as the guys mentioned, Epoch is going through a bit of an odd period at the moment. To put it euphemistically, people are dropping population wise as they continue to just wait and wait and wait for some form of word from the devs about when the raid content is coming. And it's just been quiet. You know, two weeks ago, we obviously had the announcement of the world bosses coming. That's great, it's good to know that they're alive. Something came out. Countdown got the world first kill. That's wonderful. But it's been cricket since then, and people are still clamoring for a roadmap that has not come yet. And you know, the server is just getting quiet and quieter, and it's not like the zero players playing, but the guys are reporting you know, fifteen hundred people online at some peak times down to about you know, seven to eight hundred at the lows for oceanic players like myself in the oceanic peak time. It is very very quiet now and very hard to do anything. So what I'm getting at is Countdown still has a strong presence on the server. So like, if you're in the middle of leveling and you're part of Countdown, don't feel discouraged, Like, keep trucking on, get to sixty. We will rate at sixty. We just need them to bloody announce the content and when it's coming. So don't feel like or all of this, you know, time spent on Epoch was for nothing. No, no, no, no. I still adore Epoch, I really truly do. I've been thinking about this a lot over the last couple of days because I've been dabbling with Bronze Beard, and yeah, I made a purchase on Bronze Beard, bought the starter pack and stuff, and you know, went hard on that for the first two days. I just haven't been able to play much over the last few days because I'm really in the thick of things with university work. I am, you know, turning in all my final assessments. I've got a lot of shit to do over the next couple of weeks irl, So I'm not going to play that much Wow over the next three weeks. But I would be playing more Bronze Beard to see how it goes if I could. But also, I really miss Epoch. I haven't you know, gotten stuck into Epoch in about a week, and I just straight up miss it. I missed my Warlock, I missed the way it plays, and I still have such fond thoughts towards Epoch, and I can't wait for the raid content because I think it's going to be really, really fun. And the Countdown Guild is such an amazing collection of people. The guys were on yesterday they did you know? Krudefs wrote up this beautiful review of a dungeon run with Countdown yesterday with Valder and ran Muster. That just warmed my heart to no end. You know, people are still playing there in terms of Countdown, We've got a big presence there, but outside of Countdown it can get a bit quiet. So just keep all that in mind if you are sort of either thinking about whether you should roll on the Epoch server or whether you're halfway through your leveling journey, guys, don't don't. I still highly recommend if you have the time to experience Epoch, it is I prefer I've thought it long and hard about it. I really do prefer it to what Bronze Beard offers. They're entirely different games, and each to their own. You will massively prefer one over the other depending on your twenty twenty five preferences. I really had more fun in Epoch, Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying Bronze Beard. And there'll be much more to speak on about Bronze Beard in the future, but you'll hear a lot of it in this episode. But whilst I'm having fun on Bronze Beard and enjoying myself, I think if I had to pick between the two, I would say I had more fun on Epoch. The Wonder sixty Journey was quite a bit more fun with what they did with the changes on Epoch. Now, don't get me wrong, Bronze Beard has good stuff too. Everyone keeps saying finding all the shinies out in the open world and exploring is brilliant. On Bronze Beard, I really enjoy that too. But I do think that that what Epoch did with the way they sort of, you know, added new stuff seamlessly into the world and still had that mildly you know, I don't know, like grindy but not stuck in the mud feeling of that Wonder sixty Journey, that really meant a lot. I don't know, it just it resonated more with me when I didn't. I wouldn't have guessed that if you, on paper presented these two options to me and said, which do you think you'll prefer I probably would have picked Bronze Beard, but in practicality, now having done both, well not done. I'm not finished on Bronzebeard. I'm only level thirty and I've obviously got the sixty on Epoch. Being you know, quite unquote halfway through the journey on Bronze Beard, I easily say that I'm much more enjoyed than the journey on Epoch, and the dungeon content on Epoch shits on what I'm getting in Bronze Beard. To be blatantly honest with you, so don't get me wrong, this whole episode is about Bronze Beard, and you know, there are a lot of positives, and I'm still playing it. I am still having fun. I'm just saying, you know, sort of proverbial gun to the head, which do you prefer? I would still say I prefer Epoch. But guys, we are in a bit of a weird state right now. It's I was just thinking it's funny that the Countdown community has never been more active than it is right now. For years, when there's actually no Blizzard product that people are really consuming on mass, we're really coalescing around these privates servers and trying to find something to spend our time with. And it's an odd period because people are you know, private server numbers are settling. You know, Epoch's doing what it's doing. We're really waiting on information over there. Bronze Bard's the new kid on the block and all the fresh hype is with it, but that will absolutely die down over the next week or two or three as it did with Epoch. So it'll just be interesting to see where we are in about you know, four to five to six weeks time, when all the dust truly settles, I think then we'll be able to really speak on what the next year looks like for us as classic players gagging for a good classic product to consume. So with all that in mind, guys, please take in this episode. As I said, guys, it's it's super duper casual. I take a bit of a step back, So it's not like your typical Countdown episode where it's you know, journalists Josh firing questions and answers off it at all the different people. It really is much more of a casual game of chat, like how you Gill might sound in voice chat for two hours for a game session just talking shit, so please do bear that in mind. I mainly do that because I really was trying to play Bronze Beard while recording this as well. And typically, you know, that's lazy on my part. They don't always result in necessarily the best episodes because I'm not doing the countdown thing. But it is something a bit different, and like I say, just chill out, have this on in the background. A lot of the that's not to say this episode isn't good. A lot of the guys have some phenomenal points on the server, but just don't expect me to be in you know, fucking grilling mode. But guys, please do enjoy it and I'll talk to you at the end. Okay, so it's time for another countdown to Classic. And look, I mean a lot has happened this week. This has actually been a far crazier week in the world of Classic than I thought it would be. I'll just give you a little bit of a quick opening, guys, and then I'm really going to see the microphone over to the crowd, because I was just saying to the guys, I was walking the dogs the other day and I listened back to last week's episode as I usually do as a bit of quality control and also just to really absorb the content more. I don't get to take the conversation in as much as you guys do when i'm recording them live, because I'm juggling so many balls in the air, I'm watching people's volumes, I'm adjusting so many things for the stream, I'm thinking of the next question. I'm just doing a lot of shit. So I do catch a lot of things later after I've recorded, and I listened back and I get to hear it more as a fan and a listener and go, oh yeah, fuck Merkshield, that was a great point. Oh good stuff, Festige. I wish i'd heard that like more in the moment and I would have followed up with that. And I was just listening and I was like, fuck, Josh, shut up. Like I spoke so much on the last episode, and it was very ranty and sort of speaking at you guys rather than talking with you guys at the pub like I prefer to do. So don't get me wrong, there's always, you know, a time and a place for a good rant. But I just wouldn't shut the fuck up last episode. So the plan this episode is without sort of completely taking my hands off the wheel, you know, and sort of just going, oh, you guys, just make content for me while I sit here and record it. No, no, no, I'll be here and I'll be engaging with you guys, But I really want to hear from you guys, the listeners, the people, the engine that makes countdown to Classic rum about the events of the last week. And I'll just give you guys a little primer if you're not sure about what's happened over the last week. So at the top of the last episode, you would have heard me say, hey, guys, by the way, there's a new server, Bronze Beard starting up. I know we've been talking a lot about Epoch over the last six weeks, but we will be checking I will be checking out this server as well. It's another new private server that's come along in this sort of era of the wild wild West of private servers that we are living through right now, when people are trying to fill the void of the lack of a good Blizzard Classic product at the moment, if you're not a Mop enjoyer or you're not an Anniversary enjoyer. So basically, the Ascension team, the people who for what we presume, purchased to Project Epoch when it was going through troubles and host it Now always had their own similar but not product coming out around this time. In terms of their take on a Classic Plus Now, we'll talk with all the guys about whether or not it it fits that Classic Plus mold, But basically it's a it's a more expansive take, to say the least. There's a lot more in this game. It's a little bit wilder. But I knew nothing of it outside of the ascension was releasing a server. That's all I knew. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bronze Beyard, Bronze Beard, Yeah yeah, sure, yeah, I know that's coming. Yeah yeah. I had no fucking idea of the content of the server. I did zero fucking research, literally just in the dark, and I, shit you not. About seventy two hours before release, I said, I better check out what this whole Bronze Beard thing is about. And I looked into it, and it's quite like the shock to the senses when you do take in their really informative, really large manifesto on the content of the server on their website. There's a lot to go through, and you know, I seem to have a relatively similar take to many of the guys that I was talking to in the discord, where I was like, hmm, okay, that's that's a lot to take in. But now that I've read it, I do quite like about seventy five percent of what I've heard. The other twenty five percent, oh, you know, I'm a little bit funny about but fuck it. You know, I'll try anything once. I'll give it a go. And look, it's also got a shop that will be you know, I want to get to that conversation a little bit later on about the page to win nature of the shop and what constitutes pay to win. You know, I very much so think it's pay to win. I've made no uncertainty about that in the discord over the last few days. It's I just left it as look, this is a this is an argument over how offended you are by these items, as opposed to whether or not they are pay to win in my personal opinion. So that's something to sort of reconcile with when you consider this server. So I jumped online yesterday when it launched, and you know, guys, I need you to know a bit more about me as a player before I sort of start telling you what I think of this server, and I would think you know a bit about me as a player from listening to the show. I'm not averse to many different versions of Wow. You know, I'm not what we have now quote unquote lovingly come to refer to as an errorrist. You know, I'm not a vanilla for life guy. I've enjoyed SOT thoroughly. I enjoyed twenty nineteen Classic thoroughly. You guys heard. I started dabbling in retail when The War Within came out and Shock and Horror, I kind of enjoyed it. I didn't play, you know, NonStop for the last year, but I have ducked in and out of the War Within and had a good time. I am someone who is open to different MMO interpretations. And I'm not a you know, person who really attacks other people for liking their MMO and not my mmo. You know, I played Final Fantasy fourteen. I just I like playing different MMOs. I'm an MMO guy. That's cool. If it's more modern, like Retail or Final Fantasy fourteen, fuck yeah, I'll check it out and I'll probably have fun. If it's more of a classic style game like your you know, twenty nineteen classics or you know OSRS or things like that. Fuck yeah, I'll try it out. I'm just open to different things, and I have had fun across a multitude of different styles of games. So I think that in and of itself almost makes me a little bit of a different player in that I I come across a lot of Wow, classic gamers who are very you know, stuck in their ways for the particular game that they like, and it is hard to move the needle for a lot of people, whereas I really am, you know, sort of footloose and fancy free. I'll try anything once, whatever, and I'll probably have fun. There's been very few servers that have come out over the years that I've been like, oh, this is fucking terrible. So I tried Bronze Beard, and you know, we played the first twenty four hours yesterday. I got to like level nineteen and Shock Horror. I had a good time. It's is it like the greatest thing since Slice Spread? No, I would hold back from that. You know, I'm still here. I'm a bit confused because I'm like, how I'm still reconciling my feelings, and you know, I had I had a good time leveling on Bronze Beard, but I also had a fucking great time leveling on Epoch, and I sort of them loathed to sit here and compare the two because they're so different, you know. Now it's sort of like which I have more fun with, and like I really am enjoying both. I don't know if I have like a preference right now twenty four hours in, but that could change with more experience on Bronze Beard. So I'm just here trying it out. And like I said to all you Epoch guys, there's already sort of a split happening with you know, Epoch for Life or no, fuck you, let's try Bronze Beard. Blah blah blah. I don't think that that there's such different games. It is fine to like either one of them. If you are leveling on Epoch and you're enjoying it, stick to that. Trust me, you probably won't like Bronze Beard. If you're really die hard on Epoch, you probably won't like Bronze Beard. If you're really hard, you know, got a massive boner for Bronze Beard, You're probably not gonna like Epoch. It's just perfectly fine to have two very different options out there, and I'm dabbling in both, and we're going to talk about the struggles that Epoch is going through at the moment later on as well. But look, that's a massive rant at the start, just to set you guys up with a bit of information of what's happening. Now. I've barely told you anything about the server Bronze Beard for a reason because now I'm basically going to pass it over to the guys and we're going to talk at the pub. This is all a bunch of mates to shooting the shit casually. We're going to sort of be a little less stuffy than your regular countdown to classic episode and just shoot the shit and talk about what we've experienced over the last twenty four hours on Bronze Beard. And as you hear the guys talk about it, you will get a feel for what content is on this server, because it's a lot to get through, and I'd have to sit here for an hour and go item by item in a rather boring fashion to really explain this server to you. So just pick it up through osmosis as the guys go through it. So guys. Look, there's about fifteen of you here. I thank you so much for sitting there and listening to that ten minute intro. I now get to throw it to you guys and sort of say, Jesus take the wheel, please countdown, listeners, I help me. I only hope drive this episode, and I'll start. I'll throw it out, I'll nominate a name, and then I want you guys to just, you know, really talk amongst yourselves like you were doing before I joined the channel. Merk, If it's okay with you, mate, if I can start with you, and we got introduced to you last week on the show, was such a delight to meet you. We heard the funny story about how we thought you were the head of the Classic team for a while, but not so mate. The easy question that I'll get everyone to answer here for maybe the opening half an hour is tell me about your first impressions of Bronze Beard.
Speaker 2: I fucking love it. It's it feels like a wholly different beast. It's not. It's definitely not.
Speaker 3: It definitely doesn't feel like Classic. Plus it feels way too that they mean that bad a week It's uh, it feels better. It feels better there, and in that it's more of a finished product.
Speaker 2: It's not as buggy.
Speaker 3: It does have This has its issues, and it does have have.
Speaker 2: It's uh again, but it's not as bad as that's already. But just for what it is, it's a great experience. I love the talents.
Speaker 4: I love what they did with the starting zones.
Speaker 1: Sorry I just jump jump a little closer to your microphone.
Speaker 5: Sorry, man, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: And mostly I love the difficulty of the dungeons.
Speaker 4: They are freaking insanely difficult here.
Speaker 2: If you thought the dungeons on Epoch were challenging, ah, the dungeons here on bron Hey can I canke buy album?
Speaker 1: I agree, I did. We did a couple of dungeons together last night, and you know, I don't want to scare people too much because like it's it's probably not as bad as we're going to make it sound. But I mean we were joking at the end that RFC was like a raid. It just kicked. Oh, it kicked our fucking asses. And then like we did it, we did a raise a fen downs afterwards that was blatantly easier and but like still challenging, but blatantly easier, and we're like, I mean, maybe that's the scaling for you. And RFC is the first dungeon. It's just really wonky. But fuck I was tanking RC and I got my ass handed to me. Like we got through it, but they hit so fucking hard and we were like, this is the first dungeon of the game. Is a pug killer.
Speaker 6: I'm actually in it right now, you know, right now?
Speaker 1: How's it going? Tell us how it's going?
Speaker 7: Ah, So it's so good. It's it's play slower pace than what Classic, like Classic nineteen felt like. If you can't just face roll it, there's definitely new abilities that will catch you off guard if you're not paying attention. I caught the tail end of a BFD on my first dungeon queue, so that was kind of fun just to see some of the changes already on That made me want to play so od rate again. But yeah, I mean Classic plus is such a hard, a hard beast of tackle because no, there's no one thing set in stone as to what it needs to be. You know, the Rapha lich King talents just rounding out classes and making every class viable in some way, like that's enough to make Classic plus, like Classic plus if you just added talents that make the classes more viable, and some people might call that good. You know, I'm enjoying finding all these cool little knick knacks around the world that are either just cool transmogs or you know, I found a Mason Terrace fog lades that as a powered in was super rep at level eight. You know, just snagging this cool weapon that had some haste on it and some spell power at level eight, you just feel like a freaking beast. But you're still not just like grabbing seven mobs and face rolling through everything, like you still got to be smart about what you're doing. And it's it's fun so far.
Speaker 1: If we can talk about that for a little bit, I'd love to hear from other people, Like I'll just say my piece real quick in terms of I completely agree, like the fucking the best part of the server for me so far. I know, Murky, you probably would think you've already said the best part of the server is the dungeon difficulty. That's great, it is very engaging. The best part for me, I completely free, like right there with Vile. The amount of shit that you find in the open world. It is the SOD System on Drugs in terms of you know, obviously in SOD you would have to go out in the open world and find your ruins, and you really needed these ruins to empower your abilities and power up your character. But you know, at the end of the day, there were only so many runs to find. There went like that many. In this version of you know, Classic plus the Ascension is putting forward. Now they've got about forty or fifty things per zone that you can go out and find. Now, when I say things, I don't mean like ruins, like you know, power ups for your class. They are there, but it's like you said, there's just green items floating everywhere, and you are so encouraged to go and look in every fucking nook and cranny in the open world. If you walk by a building, my fucking god, you better walk inside that building to have a look if there's something hanging on the walls that's glowing, because it could be a really fucking cool power up for you, an upgrade. You know, there could be a blue weapon sitting right there on the wall for you to just easily take no fight or anything, just oh, I found something that will improve my character and that exploration aspect is really been pumped up on this surban. For me, it's easily the number one point about it. I have fucking loved it. I've really enjoyed it because there's it's not just one or two things, like they're shit everywhere. And granted, look, there is a downside to this too in terms of people saying it waters down the feeling of you know, hooray I found an upgrade. You know that people obviously really had accentuated in hardcore where you know, you upgrades a few and far between, and when you get an upgrade, it feels so impactful because you're like, fuck, yeah, yeah, that that is watered down to an extent here for sure, Like you do upgrade your weapon fairly consistently, like people are saying, And it happened to me too, The fuck I changed my weapon five times in the starting zone. Yeah, absolutely, But I don't know, I still found it really fun to continue to find new shit. What do you guys think about this exploration aspect and how has it impacted you and your enjoyment or do you not like it?
Speaker 5: I think it's a great I mean it's it's a whole new dynamic to the game. Yeah, it gives you something extra to do.
Speaker 7: I literally went in the cave and the barren, sorry that I haven't been into since original Vanilla, because it literally just goes to the end and there's some NPCs mining, and I found a one headed weapon to throw on form my tank and shield. I was like, I haven't been in here since Vanilla. I'm gonna go in there and sit it through in there, And it was as simple as that. Walk down, there's some guys mining, and I grabbed the weapon and walked out.
Speaker 1: But then you also you're encouraged to because like you're you're like you're I keep calling them runs, but you know, on this serve they called mystical enchantments, but I mean, fuck, I don't know, maybe I'll just call them ruins for aes. I don't know, but that the spell power ups are in the open world as well, So like you, it's it's even if you've got all the best ski, you're still encouraged to go and look around because you need these fucking these mystical enchantments or ruins.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely. And the other thing too is you know, while you're out and about, there's new right, new rare mobs too, like easy and I were out and about in Baron's uh yeh last night and ran across a crazy druid.
Speaker 1: That well to push your pushed your in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it pretty much bent me over. It took me for a ride, like the it's the red all the.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing though, too, is it dropped a mystool and chat, you know, and it happens to be a mystican chant that would be good for feral druids. So I mean you're you're not just looking at like you said, weapons and armor and all that stuff too. Hell, when you first start in the starting zone, there's water, there's food sitting there. It's a tin slot bag. There's a tin slot bag. Yeah, there's a bag that drops off of damn near request. Yeah. The porn it is it definitely. I mean you you know, all the rpers out there are probably gonna go, oh, well that doesn't make any sense, But that's fine.
Speaker 1: I think they went a bit nuts with the bags. Like it gets to a point where it's it's like at first it's interesting and you go oh sweet about oh fuck yeah bag oh another bag?
Speaker 8: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is amazing and then it quickly turns to yeah, okay, I've got enough bags, thanks quest givers, like that's enough for now, and then it turns into like, guys seriously like fuck off with the bags?
Speaker 5: Yeah for something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you just get so many of them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, now has better bags than my level forty nine and yeah an amount which I mean you get basically for free. There's no challenge. It's just like, hey, mount and you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, yeah, so there'll be a lot of people not knowing what you're talking about. Anti explain it and tell us what you guys think of it. Yes, you're correct basically, So like if you're an orc or troll, as soon as you get to Sensient Village, here's a free mount, a forty percent mount that you can now ride around the world. This is a really big line in the sand for some people. Look, I get that it's odd. It doesn't make me like overly upset, but I understand why it would make other people upset. Auntie, how did.
Speaker 5: You feel about it?
Speaker 1: And then I want to hear how the other guys think about it.
Speaker 9: You know, it's so crazy. I literally just log back into Epoch and snakes literally flog back in here, and it's like this place just first, so much better. It's basically, and he said it, he summed it up, is click here for your reward, and it's exactly that. Oh I found something on the ground. I've brought a new weapon. I've changed that six times in the last thirty minutes because I keep finding new things. Here's in your reward. Here's a new thing. It's a flashy, flashy in front of your face. You know, I don't want that. I don't want to be just haind fed stuff. Oh my god, my inventory is now filled with bags and my big bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have got so much shit beat.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's it's I think there's a there's a middle ground between having to wait through a mount and forty and getting it at.
Speaker 5: The level five.
Speaker 10: I don't think necessarily the Epoch way is the right way, but I don't think the level of five mountain is the right way.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It just feels like it is literally playing on the biggest dopamine rush of your life. Like everyone plays it because we all like flashy things, and we like a dopamine hit. Beaten flashy things and that thing. Oh, it is playing on that card, like it's it's not tripling down on that card, it's just taking that card and just basically throwing the deck in your face and then just like you are gonna have the dope hit of a lifetime if you like clicking on things and getting free shit.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I tried to log in just now and I was like, oh, this is not for me.
Speaker 2: Fair enough.
Speaker 1: Now I'm out, and that's fine, snack. We'll come back to you, because I do want to hear more about it, you know, I don't. I want to hear the constructive positives and the constructive negatives for sure, because.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's a confusing because I by no means think that it's like just doom and gloom, because I think there are a lot of cool things I really enjoyed, like the exploration part that's already been mentioned, that you like find these cool items here and there. But the issue is that, like I feel like all the cool things that they do, they just do way too much. If they did it but in a smaller scale, it would be so much.
Speaker 9: Better that that.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, all right now that you fucking said something, we're going to throw you in for you your virgin run.
Speaker 8: Yeah, here he is.
Speaker 1: He's all stretched up, he's ready to put some impact off the bench. He's made in cap On countdown, the classic. Come on mate, come on cam see, let's do it.
Speaker 11: I've been getting more involved. I've been hanging out with the boys more. It's been really fun. And yeah, I got to I was really loving Epoch. I got to fifty five, had my sharma going, got Jill Speck and it was great. And then now that I've started this, I'm kind of just like, I don't know if I could go back that it's it's I was at level fifty five on my enhancement Sharman and my rotation was flame Shock, you know, storm Strike, water Shield and that that's pretty much it. You put your tones down, then you've got three buttons and then I'm level twelve now and I've got you know, almost the same amount, and I can just tell it's going to be, you know, a lot more going on. And I completely agree it's this thing's full on. And if I just imagine this sweet spot between Epoch and this and that'd be you know, my jam. But like on Epoch, the thought of starting and all is just like I'm not. I'm not doing that, Like that's going to take fucking ages. But on here, I'm like, oh, I could try this other thing and I'll get up to the level ten really quick and you know, I'll be able to get around and it's just fun like this is this is more my jam, to be honest, and it's just yeah, Epoch's great, but it's very much, very very close to Vanilla, and I think I've just had my fair share of that kind of thing. This still feels like you're in azaoth. That's the number one most important thing for me for like a C plus and but otherwise I'm I'm I'm all in for like extra stuff, a bit more, you know, a bit faster leveling and yeah, so just sort of rambling it at this stage, but yeah, I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 1: No, maybe you did rambled like a veteran. I appreciated it. Guys, do anything that Campsey said there resonate with any of you.
Speaker 12: Can I just jump in and touch on the talk about the dopamine, Yeah, go for it. Also, by the way, near here, thank you for having me.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: No, I just wanted to jump in and say, like being somebody that has really enjoyed the server and is pretty positive about it. I will say kind of the overload of dopamine almost takes away from it because I feel like part of the fun that we all enjoy is when you get an upgrade, you're like, oh, man, I got this fucking awesome weapon. It feels really good. They kind of pushed it a little bit too far here for me because you don't really get the dopamine anymore.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I would say yes or no, because it also depends what you're playing, Like as a powad in everything behind is always useful, like I'm the rest, I'm only looking for two handers.
Speaker 5: Yeahs now, you know.
Speaker 7: And I've been playing actually some Guild Wars two last couple of months for the first time. And something I realized in playing that Verus Classic is like, there are certain things things that in Classic kind of keep you from playing the game, you know, getting it getting him out early makes me not go, God, damn it, I've got to run all the way to town, go down there just to turn in one quest, to run all the way back. I'm like, sweet, it'll take me no time at all to run in there, turn in this quest in under city, go back up and then go back out to the lake and back again four times. Like running between point A and point B isn't playing the game if you've never been in the world, if you've been in the world as much as we have, it's just tedious. And some of these things like yeah, getting it. Maybe maybe make it a little harder, Maybe make a level ten, not just here you go free at five, but letting people play the game because they can actually get around, you're not just wasting time AFK walk hero Like it's huge for me.
Speaker 1: I'll just jump in at this point and just say on that point, vile. I hear what you're saying, and I'm like mostly with you, don't get me wrong, but I also have to take the time, have a little bit of and please don't take this long the wrong way. I do laugh a little bit when I hear it, because I'm like, hang on, we've heard this song and dance before, because you know, and we've gone this way with sod and everything. Where where when people say, you know, why can't we go a little bit faster, why can't we do things a little bit differently? All the errorsts would generally point to statements like that and go, mate, that's exactly how we wound up with retail. Do you sort of see the fun side of it where we do start to want a little bit more out of the game and people do pull out. Obviously the slippery slope argument of like you wake up the next moment you're in retail.
Speaker 7: You see.
Speaker 8: Can I add something about.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you go now, hello, I seem to remember you.
Speaker 1: You're a guy that used to call in the countdown to classic.
Speaker 8: Yeah every now and then?
Speaker 1: How are you, mate, tasty grain everyone?
Speaker 2: Hey Hello.
Speaker 8: I thought that that was like a pretty interesting kind of like perspective, But I feel like the context of it being on a private server is like pretty important.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 8: I think it's cool that these private serves exist and that we can kind of like examine the environments where it's like we kind of take all the guardrails off and like, you know, like you said, it sounded like you're getting your mound at ten or something like that. But I think that if you ask people if that's what they would want from like an official Blizzard release, there would be like more reservation. So I don't think that it's exactly like an endorsement of like the slippery slope of like how you get to retail. I think it's like I would imagine that sorry, what was his name, Adam? Yeah, I imagine that he's just like enjoying the fact that, like we're we're getting to see a like realized version of like like you said, you know, the nostalgia is like wearing off with classic, right, so you're like, uh, some of the things that you love before starting to become tedious. So I think you're just like enjoying the fact that you know, there's a developer now that can, like with zero cost to the reputation of the original game, you know, give you this experience that's like yeah, man, just like get in there and just like me in like you guys were saying and stuff like that, like have it pushed at eleven?
Speaker 1: You said something there that is interesting to me And sorry, guys, we're going to go on a million tangents during this one, I think. But I have also been thinking over the last twenty four hours. I'd love to see if you guys have been having the same thought, because it sounds like you probably have. You know, imagine if Blizzard released this server as is everything shop and all same content. Here's the next game brought to you by Blizzard. The I think it's fair to say the reactions would be excessively different, is that Camcy? You reckon?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 11: I'm loving the server, but if Blizzard released this thing, I'd be fucking like, what a do it?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 1: Why why do we hold different standards for I know the answer, private server developers versus Blizzard.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's good. That's a really good question. I don't know quite how to answer it exactly, but it's just a bit too it's just a bit too wild. And you know you're in the starting zone and someone's on a Ragnaros mount or what have you, and it's just like you can't put your pit. You can't say exactly why, but you're just like, no, that that can't can't be in the in the official version.
Speaker 10: But the answer is very easy, isn't it. It's that's because they don't have a sub so they have to have some form of revie revenue, right, so they put the cash up into everything.
Speaker 11: So sure.
Speaker 1: Do you think the lack of no, no, you go you more interesting? Trust me.
Speaker 11: Just gonna like I'm if that if people paying for mounts makes my experience. It's free and I can enjoy the pots that I like. Then I'm like, that's that's all good. Yeah this if I'm paying, it's a different story.
Speaker 7: Like somehow, this also has the context that's like Blizzard saying, Okay, everything that you've earned in retail, you can now vanity over the classic. And that's where I think part of maybe some of the bad taste is all the long time Ascension players are able to take all these crazy and wonky things and introduce it into a world where they don't exist.
Speaker 19: Now, if this.
Speaker 7: Server launched fresh, where you know, we're gonna have all these cool things and you've got to go find them and unlock them for yourself, and it was within that context of that world only, I think it might have a different a little bit of a different flavor to it too, if that makes any sense. You know you're gonna have everyone starting off with that basic mount. You're not going to have that corehound running around at level five right when you log into the game, because someone's been playing on this this established brand.
Speaker 11: I said, So if people have been playing a SA prior to this service, they can just bring all this stuff into this one is.
Speaker 7: That there's a paid vanity, well the vanity, there's like a paid weight to vanity over what you've unlocked. You can unlock transmogs and Mounce and all those things, and you can port them over since you've paid for them within this totally part of our that's there. I think.
Speaker 1: So is it the lack of a subfee the shields this server from a lot of the criticism that we would directed the is that what you guys are getting at, Like you if you logged onto Blizzard's Classic Plus and you were paying your twenty dollars a month and you see that Ragnaros mount next to you at level five, and you get your mount at level five and you see all this wild shit. Do you think the same people that are playing this game and going we and loving it and going on this is so cool would then play the same thing from Blizzard but they're paying twenty bucks for it and start writing on the forums you fucking pieces of shit? How could you do Classic dirty like this?
Speaker 7: I think if Blizzard launch with like a full on shop right off the bat, yes, but if if your Ragnaros mount was unlocked for killing mcs, sixty and then you're able to on your all now ride this Ragnaros mount that you've earned from that classic plus Like, if they shield it like that, I think they'd be better off. But if they just launched off, like all right, credit card, what kind of cool stuff do you want at level one? Yeah, you're gonna get that reaction for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, we might We'll keep going through well peace by piece, talk about the content of this server, and you know, we'll take the good end the bad as it comes up. We've talked about, you know, the early level mounts. We've talked about the exploration side of things. You know, I think that I'll start off just another little tangent. You know, there are different play styles. It's got you know, things that we did start to see in Epoch. It's got your smite priest, it's got your tank sharman. You know, I rolled a tank Shaman, and I actually don't. It's funny because I'm not married to being a tank. I actually don't particularly want to be a tank. I'll happily do it every now and again, but I'm not really a tank per se. I just wanted to see what Bronzebeard's take on the Shaman tank was compared to SOD Again, I want to know. I'm playing everything because I want to know what I like, what works, what doesn't work, to better inform me when I go into whatever Blizzard offers, because then at least I've played everything and I can say, hey, I Blizzard, I can see you've done this, but you know Epoch actually did it this way, or Bronzebeard actually did it this way and it was better or worse, and you know it just I feel more informed. But like the Shaman tank on Bronze Beard, like I said, I've only done RFC and I didn't actually tank our Razor fn downs run Merkshield took over, so merk W'll involved you in this one as well. It felt, you know, everyone on the Bronze Bitserver is glazing the Shaman tank from the Alpha or the PTR or whatever, going, oh my god, it's so fun. It's the most fun fucking speccing the game. Oh my god, it's so fun. I really enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, but I mean, I said to the guys, granted, remember everything is only after twenty four hours of play testing. I enjoyed SOD shaman tank more to this point. I still enjoy this, but I think the SOD one has a slight edge right now in the early levels. Merk Wall was your take on it? How did it feel to you?
Speaker 2: I felt human tanks feels pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting way to take that you have to t.
Speaker 2: Used to, but it felt perfectly good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just grab grab your microphone again, made swallow your mic Sorry, you're right.
Speaker 3: It has a good you got your temple.
Speaker 2: Pen and multi regulating. So I feel that it's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it's the great it's taking the world, but it's and they did a good job with it.
Speaker 2: And the fact that you can get it just by leveling. It's kind of like uh perrel druid.
Speaker 4: Cat or a full bear and it's a hundsment shaman and you just to go or get some talents here there make.
Speaker 7: You ask what allowed? What what the difference is like what allows shamans a tank so far versus like the runes that made it possible on so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so they get they get insolved. I'll be this one if I struggling to hear you a little bit now mack. So they've introduced a new talent in the first row of the enhancement tree called Totemic Bond, which you can put three points into and I'll just read the tooltip for you. Using Stone Law Totem while Earth and Guardian is active, has a one hundred percent chance to reduce all damage taken by twenty percent for six seconds. In addition, one hundred percent of the threat generated by the damage if your searing totem and magmatotem will be redirected to you instead, so it sends all your totem threat to you rather than mobs running to kill the totem. And it I mentioned an ability there called Earth and Guardian, which is new. That's your tank stance that you get natively when you ding level ten, So they just give it to you, right, you go to your Yeah, you go to your trainer at level ten you learn this new ability called Earth and Guardian, and I'll read you the tooltip from Earth and Guardian Earthen Guardian one hundred and forty five men. A three second cast reduces all damage taken by five percent, but also reduce your damage and healing done by twenty five percent. In addition, threat generated is increased by one hundred and forty percent, and winshi no longer reduces your threat. If you, guys, remember when you kick something as a shaman, it actually drops your threat in wrath or whatever as well. So they've gotten rid of that so you can kick with reckless abandon as a tank sharman and not worry about losing threat. So yeah, a lot of people balked at the like, oh fuck it. Wait, tank stance only reduces damage by five percent for a shaman, Like is that going to be enough at the higher levels? That sounds like, mate, you're not wearing plate. They you could get your ass kicked by mobs later on, and that may well be the case. I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to have reports from people who've been playing Bronze Beard for a long time that the tank Charman is particularly squishy. I'm sure it's not like Chonky, but I don't think it's necessarily been deemed to be squishy. So yeah, that's what you get. But then you also get on top of that, there's a third thing, and this is a ruin that keeps saying ruins, you know what I mean? Mystical enchantment that you find out in the open world. I think it's very very easy to find. Actually, no, it's a quest reward. It's part of the path to ascensions. So when you reach when you reach level fifteen, you get this thing pop up going like, hey, congratulations, you can now use fucking epic enchants or whatever. Pick one of these four and they're all you know, spec related, and the tank one is one called if I can just pull it up now, it is called earthen spike, and its tooltip breeds as follows primal strike, which you know as per Rath guys. You get primal strike at level one, you get basically, you know, something like a strike ability to put in your rotation so you're not board shitless when you're leveling a low level shaman. Primal strike no longer costs manner and summons an earthen spike below the target, dealing high threat physical damage to nearby enemies, and restores thirty percent of your base manner. In addition, the cool down of primal strike is reduced by two seconds, so primal strike then becomes basically a six second cool down. It does AOI damage and threat and that thirty percent manner return. I can tell you I don't think I ever went below seventy percent manner spamming the fuck out of every button I had in RFC, and I was shocked. I'm like, I can't run out of manner if I try.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I mean I played a little bit of the tank Shaman early on inside and it was a lot of fun dual world tanking. Interesting. Interesting. I was just curious, like, kind of what power they gave the shaman to tank And it sounds like it's just a lot of threat modifiers through some of some of the mystic enchantment, some talents and changing up the primal strike. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So look like, if you're if you are in any way, shape or form intrigued by the concept of a shaman tank, I would implore you to try this version because you'll probably like it. And if you're a bigger sharman like I like shamans, but I'm not exactly like a shaman devote. If you're, you know, a shaman guy, you'll love this. It's just that you get an ability later that's like an AoE flameability. I don't have it yet. And that's the part of the SOD Shaman taking experience that I really miss. I I really miss was a molten blast.
Speaker 10: It's the one that destright No, no, no, sorry, the one in SOD with there was like a cone of fire. Yeah exactly. It's like it's an early detonation of your fire total.
Speaker 1: No no, no, but it's not. No, it's not a detonation of your fire tot In SOD they had like a cone of cold but fire for Sharman tanks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one, yeah, yeah, yeah, what was.
Speaker 1: It called molten bla was it or I can't remember. Yeah, So that was my favorite button, depressed as a Sharman tank inside a lot of dopamine. Out of that one, I was always just like, oh, yes, I love this ability. I don't even though I've got fire and nova in this version of the game, which is a ten second cool down, I think you can get that cool down down through other ruins to about seven seconds.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just the AOI pulse that you hit manually to emit from your fire totem that you're referencing there. So that is in the game now. So I do have an AOI ability, and it's great, it's just not quite the same, doesn't feel as good as malten blast. But there is an AOI fire ability coming later down the track for me that, like I think emits a lava wave or something again, probably in a cone in front of me, so that'll be interesting. But yeah, so the Sharman tank. Is anyone here in trigues try out the Sharman tank.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. I'm thirteen.
Speaker 11: I'm just trying to get to high enough level to do RFC.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, I'll I'll have to find some healing gear and try and heal an RFC for you. I want to see how FW it's fucked. It's absolutely fucked. Poor easy Who, now I've decided, is the god of healers. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: I'm on the final lost now with the three Void Walkers and we just had our white So yeah, I'm getting getting first hand experience with it now.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you are in there for the first time, it's virtually impossible not to have people die on that last fight, and you can avoid the wipe, but someone's going to die, and your tank's probably going to die. I died both times we did it, and easy Who, like I said, I've fucking my god, the respect I have for this man now after watching him do what he did in this ridiculously hard RFC as a healer, tried his little heart out, just spamming heels to keep me up pre casting and everything, and I just couldn't. Like, there's four mobs beating the leaving sheet out of you.
Speaker 5: You got me blushing.
Speaker 17: Man, I'm over here just feeling it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, tell us about it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that that place the thing that got me right when you start and you're on that downhill descent down into RFC, on that ramp, they've put in two pack, two trog packs, and that was our kind of first realization that IRC is a lot harder because you would just walk up right like you got your normal pull and it's two mobs coming at you, and me, being the healer, I kind of have an expectation based on years of classic and other versions of Wow, what's going to happen? And dude, they touch you and you're down fifty percent. Yeah, so here I am, as the healer. I'm thinking, oh shit, this is going to happen again. He's going to lose that next fifty percent on their next attack, so I'm I'm spamming that button. They ease off because we learned.
Speaker 17: It was an ability. I can't remember that any of the ability.
Speaker 1: So it's head crack and it takes about twenty five percent of damage. And if you've obviously got two trugs on you, you're gonna get changed. But they do it does seem to have an internal cool down, and they only do it about every i don't know, eight seconds or something.
Speaker 15: So then so then you're feeling like, Okay, it's it's mellowing out. I kind of I'm easing off the heels again, and then they do it again. And so as the healer, you're riding these highs and lows of massive amounts of chunk damage versus more stable, kind of manageable healing. And keep in mind, the first time I did it, dude, I hadn't bought Duelspeck, so I.
Speaker 5: Was I was Ellie in there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, And I've listened to Josh talk on podcasts about his dissatisfaction with healers, and I'm thinking, oh man, I'm gonna view one on the next one. And so I'm trying my ass off and I'm not from start to finish because I run hill about. Yeah, so my right click on your name is my my heel and I am just right click rightly, rightly, rightly, NonStop and it's barely keeping you up. Then we get to the boss, and that first boss, he has a holy mechanic. I'm not going to say what it is because I know we don't want to spoil, and we wipe.
Speaker 7: We learn the.
Speaker 17: Mcare we handled the second time.
Speaker 1: Did we get to the that one? I will say that was my fault. I fucked up massively on that first boss.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, it's it's a brand new serve and there's a lot of things that are happening that don't happen in Classic.
Speaker 7: You said you're an m M R gamer. You couldn't see that coming.
Speaker 1: No, I actually because I was here's the thing, like it's tough where I'm gonna uv loves it when I make a million excuses. But like I was so focused on this Sharman tank thing, like so overwhelmed, going, fuck, how does this thing play? Am I pressing the right buttons? I wasn't even watching the boss and he was casting something that I really needed to look out for. Didn't even see him casting it got my fucking head kicked in.
Speaker 7: We actually handled it fine, but yeah, yeah, it's just funny. It just funny to hear.
Speaker 1: The group always did better when I was dead. It was great.
Speaker 15: We we then we roll up on that like, oh and the other thing too, Like you can tell the difficulty of the dungeon by how little the tank and healer are talking and how much the dps do talk because they're oblivious to everything happening. Yeah, and so Josh and I are dead, silent, and we are just like white knuckling keyboards, mice grinding, clicking, you know, and these guys are just having the time of their lives dps. And we get to the last boss and he starts there's this new mechanic again there. And I don't even think that mechanic is why you die, man. I think he just flatly hits you for a large damage. Did you check you r what happened to me on your chat lugs?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't.
Speaker 15: Yeah I didn't look either, But you got man handled every time. And no matter how many times I hit that heel button, I couldn't. I was falling behind, like say, ten percent every cast right, like I'd bring you back to ninety, bring you back to eighty, bringing back to seventy. So it was like watching the slow Predictable Death and Josh and knowing that, oh shit, we're gonna have to format this. So I'm dropping earthbind I'm popping frost shocks, We're doing everything we can to slow them. I'm kidiing because I have all the thread at that point, everybody else DPS isn't.
Speaker 6: Down and it was a blast.
Speaker 15: Like I that was the most fun I had. So I agree with MRK. My favorite part so far is dungeons, but I think it's based on the fact that I'm healing them and the stress level is higher.
Speaker 17: Had I been a DPS maybe I wouldn't have enjoyed them as much, and I would have enjoyed something more like going out into the open world and finding all the cool stuff.
Speaker 15: But I've really enjoyed trying to heal. We did w C, same thing, not on RFC's level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what's the deal. It's just the scaling with RFC being a bit weird and all the other dungeons are challenging but not at the same level.
Speaker 17: So like if we were to do because we've I've run three with you.
Speaker 15: I would put RFC one, I would put w C two, and I would put r f D three. And there's a clear distinction between the three interns of difficulty, right, Like RFC clearly, for some weird reason, being the lowest level dungeon of the game is the hardest.
Speaker 1: But then didn't you do a zolfarak that you fucking nightmare?
Speaker 17: Yeah, but that was suns.
Speaker 2: That was my tank.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, sons that that tank.
Speaker 1: And let you to be fair, obviously a player who wasn't really a tank, right, he was not.
Speaker 15: He was just trying his best in there. He didn't know what he was getting into because it was day one and we were all trying out the new random dungeon finder, and he thought, yeah, I'm gonna take this because it's a pushover.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not, it's not.
Speaker 15: He he got so dejected he took about a ten minute AFK and then came back, tried once more, died again, and then just dropped.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Just see that.
Speaker 1: So, like I think the story, would you agree? The story to take away from this is like, look, I don't want to make it sound like dungeons are fucking ridiculous. But like, if you wanted a challenge and you want to actually really get involved in a dungeon, play tank or heels. Trust me. If you want a cruise, do the DPS thing. But like, if you're looking to chill and you know, smoke a bone and play some fucking wow classy and cruise through dungeons, do not heal or tank it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think I think that's a big part of it is the game lulls you into this kind of like someone was saying earlier, they feel like it's dopamine, dopamine, dopamine, dopamine, and.
Speaker 15: So you're kind of predicting that when you go into the dungeon, it's going to be trash pull, trash pull, trash pool, smash, mash AoE, blow it up. And then you do it, and you're like, oh, no, this is a this is a big tonal change in terms of what I was doing out there and now what I'm having to do in here. And so the first time you do it, it catches you off guard. And yes, you experience that on a completely different.
Speaker 17: Level being a tank being a healer than you do just being a DPS.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I agree with you there.
Speaker 7: And don't forget we haven't even gotten to the Heroic and the Mythic Plus versions of these where at endgame these same dungeons are going to have added difficulties and even more mechanics on top of the new mechanics.
Speaker 1: There you go, you said the magic words. The listeners at home who have never heard of fucking Bronze by It until this podcast episode just heard you say fucking Mythic and Mythic Plus and they going, what the fuck? Tell them what's coming?
Speaker 7: I mean, they they've it sounds like to keep things relevant. I mean I just saw the one trailer video. I haven't I haven't done much other than watched their thirty minute intro video, and.
Speaker 1: Everyone should watch that if you, if you really are on short It's well.
Speaker 7: Done for information and just the quality of it. It sounds like they've taken a spin on Retail's Mythic Plus system where you're gonna have affixes that you can add to these dungeons to kind of help with the endgame farm in what you need for endgame to keep to keep playing. You know, I actually broke into Ascension back when they first dropped their first like classless server. So I haven't played in a long time with with ascension, so it seems like they've got a very solid team of people working to come up with some of this. You know, all the mobs having new models and reworked, Like the amount of work that just goes into that, it's insane the work that they've done on this server, And hats off to them, even if it's not your cup of tea, They've they've done some great work with what they've actually put together for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can choose classic models or like, I think it's the ward models, is that right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's the current like I think it's it's I think it's almost the full retail models at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's it's models.
Speaker 5: It's the drainar models, is what it is. Right, That's when the initial that's when the initial first changeover to the HD models started. Gotcha.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, you can choose between that. So again, that's something that turns a lot of people off if they can't have their classic looks. But you can pick the classic looks if you want. You look, guys, this is a trans mogue heavy server, but you can turn it off if you don't want to see any of that shit as well.
Speaker 7: I've actually I like transmog and I've actually got it turned off because I want to see all the cool stuff that people are finding, Like everything looks there's a lot of cool things, Like I want to see what I'm finding, Like I'd normally like translog and I'll probably turn it on once I get to a point where I want to have a stagnant look. But it's pretty slick.
Speaker 9: They give premise saying that though I was running the Classic Models because I don't like the game to look like, you know, some kind of weird like cabin it from like a But it does allow for some weird visual bugs like I went to go sign the Gild charter and someone was surfing a wyburn. I can't remember who it was that I went to go sign it and they were like, I'm writing like this massive thing, and I'm like, yeah, well I've shared my screen. I'm like, you look like you're standing on top of a wibn. Like, it does allow for some very weird visual bugs if you decide not to dive deep into the whole kind of I want every model on the planet and make it look like, you know, funfair. Yeah, not my cup of tea.
Speaker 1: All right, now, guys, we haven't really talked a lot of people were wondering about the classes. So we've talked a bit about Tank Shaman obviously, tell me about the class you're playing and some of the crazy shit that you've already started noticing because there is Look, guys, this is again. We're going to get to a bit more chat about Epoch much later on, guys. So I know it's super weird for Countdown to be like Epoch, epop Epoch over the last six weeks and now we're literally here discussing a new server and a lot of you will have whiplash from like, wait, Josh, what the fuck? What's going on? Like I said, there's just there's now very clearly two options out there for you, guys. They are very different options. So we're just explaining this second one now that's just launched in the last twenty four hours. Look, uh, I want to hear from you guys what you've seen we did. Like for instance, for example, like I know that the hunter in our RC yesterday had an ability that like made Hunter's mark if you applied it and then when your next ability you used against a mob with hunters Mark applied to it over I think it was seventy five percent health. It's a guaranteed create and it's sort of batch so you can do like an auto shot and an arcane shot at the same time that both will guaranteed create on that high health mob with with hunters Mark applied. So he was tab targeting, applying Hunter's Mark all the time to all the high health mobs at the start of a pool and just getting quick create and the damage on I mean, a low level Hunter, as we always know, is great, but it was fucking insane, Like Tank Shaman's damage was insane. It's really really good, but the Hunter beat me out. You know what have you guys noticed with your classes and fun little runes or whatever. Who wants to go first? Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 7: I went four shell Undead Powadin. Surprise Retail hasn't actually brought this and shocked but you know, I'm playing rat because what's up.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked Retail hasn't done it too. It's really weird now at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I like about it so far is there's Button having Crusader Strike right at the start just gives you that active button that you need as a Powadin, Like it's fantastic. It doesn't hit overly hard. It's like starts out at fifty percent of your weapon damage, so it's not like one shotting mobs. Your judgment's definitely the better the better damage option, but that's on the what ten second quot down to start, so it's not like you're just sitting there smashing through mobs. And I've definitely had some scary calls and some overpols, and I'm not just rolling through things like getting consecrations nice. I don't have too many mystic in chants. I just have the one you get level ten and the one you eat level fifteen, so I'm kind of limited as to what powers I've unlocked, and I haven't found whatever forge I need to put the fifteen on one, so I only have my increased create on Crusader Strike, just as all that was by three percent. So it's nothing game changing, but it just feels engaging so far as a Rep Powdin, I feel like I have to I have to do things. I'm not just AFK hero. Yeah, you know, waiting for my next auto attack and hoping a seal crits is just it's engaging. I'm interested to see how it how it feels as I unlock some more of these talents and what they reworked. I've never I've never played I mean, I've played Legion Rett. That's about my only ret experience where I've actually played it. So it's it's fun.
Speaker 1: Well, it's my one my one mind. I wouldn't call it a criticism as much as like one of my minor notes from Epoch and if you have us said this on the podcast going like I mean, we're having a great time, but if SOD has taught us anything, it's that it does feel really good when these classes get just that one or two extra buttons to press. And it was it was quite notable on Epoch that you still like the classes feel fantastic on Epoch, but like just that one extra button would make the world difference. And here maybe it's a bit gone too far the other way. I'm not sure, but like I mean, just in the early goings, like even on my Sharman, just like having the extra strike, like it feels really good just having a mild rotation on a class at the early goings, but then also knowing that like things are a bit more involved gameplay wise. I loved my Warlock on Epoch, but I was always kind of like, if I wasn't playing a Warlock, I feel like I'd be a little bit bored with some of these other classes. But on Bronze Beard everything seems to be quite engaging. Who else is enjoying their class?
Speaker 17: I've been enjoying. I've been enjoying it. Elie Sharman.
Speaker 15: When we did Epoch, I was excited because I could finally level Ellie and then off Heel Dunders or a Heel Dungeons without having change specs. And they introduced some really nice stuff into Epoch. They have an earthbind thing that helps you what avoid pushback when casting. They have one the get watershield really early. But still I found myself having to drink probably every three or four mobs regardless, and here I'm Ellie and I don't really have to stop to drink.
Speaker 17: And the thing too, like time to kill is really.
Speaker 15: Important right in Classic, because I think that's a big component of Classic, is time to kill.
Speaker 17: If you can kill three mobs in ten seconds, that feels Retail.
Speaker 15: I haven't played Retail in a while, so many times might mouth, but you kill a lot of mobs, you killing really fast over in Classic, there's a certain amount of time that passes, and here too, it does take you a very long time.
Speaker 17: Like when you said you were blasting in RSC because you were doing forty one dps, the Hunter was doing thirty eight dps, right, I mean you might remember the number is a bit better, but it's not like you were doing ninety dps.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, yeah. I think at the end of the run, at the end of the run, it was like the Tana did forty nine and I did forty four. Yeah, it's not like a million dps.
Speaker 15: Right, And that's what I think the difference for me with the first I mean, I'm talking about stud instead of Epoch, But the difference here is that you don't quite have that power.
Speaker 17: And that's kind of what ruins Tide for me was it just got to be a real pushover. So between the two Eparch and this one, there both have introduced some really great things to the class.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed my time playing.
Speaker 17: Ellie over on EPARCH, and I'm enjoying it here again.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's been a good.
Speaker 1: Time, good stuff.
Speaker 10: I thought it was pretty good as well, Like the Ela Sharmond felt pretty smooth. It's always a bit jarring when they remove the interrupt from your earthshock and they say, yeah, you're going to get an interrupt at level thirty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Other than that, it's it's it was pretty smooth.
Speaker 1: I think you get it at fifteen winch here or something.
Speaker 10: Okay, So it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I had it in RFA and it helped a lot. But the shitty thing is not that it really matters, but like because it doesn't have like a silence, so sorry, it does. It locks. It locks when you use wind here, it locks them out for two seconds. But I found in RFC and easy found the same thing. We're sitting there wind shearing like machine guns, but the cast is Titch is casting something else straight away. Like they wouldn't then run into the tank because they'd been interrupted. They were just going, well, fuck you, I'll just keep standing here like a turret and cast something else. It was a bit annoying, but yeah, who's played a different class outside of Paladin and shum And let me give you some first impressions are.
Speaker 10: There are there classes.
Speaker 5: Funny? Oh, I gotta say honestly, probably the I mean, the Mage obviously is going to be hit or biss at early stages. You know, the whole a Lei vibe is still there when it comes to frost. I haven't tried arcane yet, which is gonna happen here soon. The mystic in chance that we've got I've gotten so far are kind of hit or miss. I mean, I'm looking forward to a couple of them that are coming up, Like Epic Wanding Want Attacks grant you stacks that increase the cast speed of your next spell by five percent five percent stacks up to five times and lasts for six seconds. So that in itself is going to be pretty cool. Now to kind of help on the arcane front. Right now, I'm cruising with with Biting Frost, and that one's killing an enemy with frost damage causes your next spell that can trigger frost bite to have one hundred percent chance to trigger it, which is nice when you're single targeting. You know, over time, the Mage, you know, did develop that whole AOI aspect, And now I'm gonna work with a build that's going to be more of a single target for v B and see how that's gonna go. Well, all, I like it all right? Anyone else there is, well, there's real quick. There is a legendary mystican chant that I will get later on that will allow me to have a whoppling too, So instead of just having the water element, all, I can also have a whoppling as a pet.
Speaker 1: So very good, Antie, what are you playing?
Speaker 9: I played a paladin and I can tell you right now I will not be going back to for any reason.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right. You've you've You've had it. You've seen enough.
Speaker 9: I've seen enough. I don't like it. It's not for me fair enough.
Speaker 6: It was a lot of vanilla.
Speaker 9: It doesn't scratch the nostalgia that I was always hunting for. This does.
Speaker 6: No, I can't do it fair enough.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll come back to that. I don't want to feel. We're going to get to the epoch part eventually, trust me. Voodoo are you there, matey? He's busy eating macas for breakfast and having a coffee. That's all right. Wonder are you there?
Speaker 5: I here made of you?
Speaker 1: What level do you get up to?
Speaker 16: Nineteen? On my und Oh?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: You tried the Hunter? What the fuck? What have you done with wonder?
Speaker 16: I don't know. It's play a lot of druids, So try and do something different.
Speaker 1: For changing probably his time.
Speaker 16: I kind of in Mop. I played Marcane magin Mop and force myself to do something different.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, you sound half asleep and it fucking spewing that I've called on you.
Speaker 16: Just early morning. Voice hasn't hasn't been warmed up yet.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, we'll give us the two second account of Hunter. Do you like it?
Speaker 16: Hunter feels as strong early game as it's always been.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 16: I guess the end of Caviot is the comments you're making about the ruin or the whatever the fuck it's supposed to be called. I don't think is the good version of the same the mystic in Chat. I'm running a different one which buffs the pet, increasing special ability by ten percent when Hunter's marks on the target, and then after you kill a target, the pet creates twice and it doesn't cost any focus. That feels very strong to me. But yeah, other than that, it's not too much to say about Hunter. It feels pretty comfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sinner, did you try it out Sinner's afk, that's all right, who's tried a different class. Let's see here, green are you playing?
Speaker 17: I tried a shaman over there, but I only got to about level or five, and I was like, I'm good, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough, fair enough. Well maybe look, maybe it is time let's do the part of the conversation now that turns more towards Epoch, because it sounds like we've got a few of you here now that have tried Bronze Beard and played it for three seconds and just said, fuck this, this is fucking no good. And there's like I said, I can't stress this enough. There is nothing wrong with that take. Because this is such a divisive server in terms of it will split people. There will be so I truly believe that people like me who are like I like both will be so few and far between. This is this is like you really will be all in on Epoch for that more like you know classic e vibe. You know it's not Anniversary, but it's not anywhere near as far as Bronze Beard goes versus the people who are all in on Bronze Beard, and like, now Epoch's too slow. This is fucking my jam let's rock and roll and blast fucking dungeons and all that shit. So I'll reach out to you Epoch guys here and say, tell me more about what you saw on Bronze Beard that had you so quickly decide that it wasn't for you, and that Epoch does better.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've said it once before. When I went to go join Turtle Wow, I was enjoying it. I got to level thirteen fourteen, I went to Stormwind and there was a maid flying around on a cloud with a smiling face. And I went and then I heard about Epoch and I left and never went back, the exact same thing. I literally was like, this is just there's just too much going on, Like I'm just being spammed with things I can train my skills by the book that's flying behind me. I am just being I've got my mount and I'm level six, Like why I've got more bags and I know what to do with on the planet and my bags and now better than my level forty nine, which me ten gold on the auction house. I'm level six and I have two gold? Why do I have two gold? What is the money going to be like at sixty when I've got eighty trillion gold. If I've already got two at level six, it's just too much going on.
Speaker 13: Sorry, I'm back.
Speaker 18: I don't understand what the people who don't like it. I don't understand what you're looking for. You're looking just but you're looking for just a classic. You just want classic again.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think epoch is I want is different enough from classic to be able to under my opinion.
Speaker 18: I'm a classic andy, right, I love classic. I hate retail, but I'm not looking for another classic either.
Speaker 20: And I think like and I don't.
Speaker 18: I'm not putting anybody down, but to be turned off by just seeing someone on a mount with a smiley cloud, I think it's a bit much like it seems like the tiniest little thing is going to send you away from any other game. So what is it that you're actually looking for?
Speaker 9: I think I basically want and then TVs.
Speaker 10: Oh sorry, yeah, I was just gonna say. I think there's a fair middle ground between the two. Like I'm not married to the to the mount at forty, Like I'm fine with amount of twenty five and a man could cost half the volte the talents could be different. I'm also okay with the weapon skill being removed from the game, Like, that's not a huge thing for me, but it's also yeah, like for example that I think I mentioned already, like what's the what's the point of having item upgrades where within six levels I changed my main hand item five times, each time with a different green item. It feels like nothing has any meaning because you switch it out so quickly.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: There there is something though, too, a lot that goes along with those word forged items. You can upgrade those world forged items. Okay, not every single piece of gear out there is going to be I think they're trying to be more diverse. They're trying to give more you know, trans mog options and stuff like that. But yeah, it is a little bloated when it comes to that kind of stuff. But I think it was more added for the exploration style player, right, more options out there for the hardcore style players to you know, have something more to look forward to other than something they killed just off of a mob. But I mean we were all kind of talking earlier, A few of us were talking earlier, and everybody's I really think Easy said it best. I mean, everybody's going to have their own take on what their personal classic plus is. I personally feel that if Blizard does come out with a classic plus, I think it's going to be more retail is. I think there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people. For me, Epoch has been great. I love it. It's a good classic feel, it's a good classic vibe. It is refreshing to have that. But I also enjoy playing something on a different scale that's not retail, that kind of has that retail vibe, but it's set in Azrath, right. I mean, we can all agree that some of the mounts and stuff are a little insane, but to allow that to deter you away from checking out the whole aspect of the game and what they've actually created, and to not actually dive into the game and take a good hard look past level five or level six, it's not doing anything to justice. But same time, to each their own, I mean, we're all going to have our own opinion on what we like. So I think another thing too is ah Epoch is very glitchy, and I don't know, we don't know how long it's going to be until they figure that out. And with that being said, also to me, Epoch isn't Classic Plus. It's Classic expanded. You know, that's virtually it. It's just new Quest hubs. What's the difference A lot.
Speaker 10: Different Classic Classic Plus and Classic Enhanced or what you're called.
Speaker 5: It a lot? I mean Classic Plus is in addition to okay, like the they races from uh TVC, the Mystic enchantments, the way the world forged items, the blood forged items you get from PvP, the new dungeons, the new raids that they're talking about, all this stuff that's all classic. That to me, that's Classic Plus. Now Classic Extended or Classic Expanded would essentially just be a few new Quest hubs running the TBC talents, and that's virtually all we got. I mean we got a few. We got one or two new dungeons, three two new dungeons, and then a couple of rework mechanics. That's virtually it.
Speaker 9: Right, comparing apples and oranges. I hate to say it because, like bronzeby clearly huge amount of development time that has gone into it. It is a very polished, clean product. Epoch was released by by peer pressure that we want it now, we want it now. It's an unfinished product. The dev team who we're doing it is now clearly no longer doing it or anything like that. We haven't actually seen what their vision of PLUS really was. We've got like a taster only a couple of reworked dungeons, really cool, extra little dungeon two of them in there, pretty cool. But we haven't actually actually seen what their PLUS vision is. We've given been given, like you know, an appetizer, and we're just like, well, we're waiting for the main meal because the main meal is still coming. Some of that dead work clearly Ascension has will they release it hopefully and maybe when we'll be able to compare the two products together. Right now we've got to sixty. If it's pretty much the same. We've got a few little things that we were like, oh we like this, we want more of it. But when will the more come?
Speaker 18: Let's see, that's the issue people. I'm sitting at sixty feeling the same way it did in Classic.
Speaker 20: Board.
Speaker 18: So just to sit here and wait for MCS not cup of tea.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Epoch now. Like in terms of look, Bronze Beeared coming along is a obvious hit in the nuts. For Epoch, I have been a huge proponent proponent of Epoch, There's no doubt about it. Obviously, with everything that's been having on the show lately, I still love Epoch and I'm still planning to raid on Epoch.
Speaker 5: Like I.
Speaker 1: Epoch scratches an itch for me that I enjoy, like it's it's it's it's an itch. I like being scratched. The problem now is something that's outside of my control. Is people prior to Bronzebeard's release, and only exacerbated by Bronzebeard's release, the population is dropping off, notably on Epoch, and it's been frustrating. It's been particularly hard. Not not that this is really a big factor and nor something that should be, you know, worried about that much, but it's been particularly hard at oceanic times, like for prime time for US. There's just fucking no one online now and I can't get Beg's and I can't you know, if I wanted to do Dungeons, it would be a bit of a struggle. It's just that five PM to ten PM time zone in Oceany primetime for US is obviously very early hours of the morning for Europe and North America. And that's fine when the server was much much larger. It wasn't an issue because, like we said, it was a twenty four to seven server, that's great. But as that population starts to dwindle, well, now it's not a twenty seventh server, and the oceanic community is very, very small, and people are walking away under the night owls from Europe and North America now aren't there anymore, and it's just like tough for us. So I could still play during the day and that's fine, but you know, it's still going to BG's. It's sixty on my warlock and having a good time when I'm in there, but it's still all sixty six is and I'm like, oh, when are the other sixties getting here? Like I realized that, you know, I'm still sixty and got their early and I'm waiting on the bulk of the crowd to arrive there with me. But it is weird doing constant wars on Gulch after wars on Golch in a six B six or a seven B seven. Still have fun, don't get me wrong, but sort of just wondering when everyone's coming. But the problem is that the overall population of Epoch has started to notably by all reports, apparently if you go by what random redditors say, people do post a sensor starter and it seems to be going down and down and down and down. And I'm I'm I said last week on the show, like I'm not declaring a fucking dead server or anything. I think there's still a die hard Epoch crowd that are really ready, willing and able to see the raid content, and they're farming their previous There are still people out there leveling, and that's good. I've said to all the Countdown people, don't feel bad for continuing two level if you like this game, Countdown, like, I have no doubt where as soon as they fucking announce that there's raid content coming, we have a raid team, we have like you know, probably third thirty sixties more in the pipeline, like we will be able to do rate. I want to see the raid content on Epoch because I'm really intrigued with how they've done it, considering how good their dungeon content was. But yes, it is sort of hard to deny now that as I say, it's outside of our control, but the overall population is dipping and it's been a really big shame. It's broken my heart little bit because I think it's such a great server, and look, there are reasons behind it that are understandable. Like I said, the lack of a roadmap last week, I said, people are going to start.
Speaker 6: To get very very itchy.
Speaker 1: As Vestige is saying the current Kazan pop right now online thirteen forty four. That's still like that. That's fine, private server. I think the issue is Vestige. That was that number twenty three forty four ten days ago? Like, I don't know. I would venture to say something along those lines, like I feel like we've gone down one hundred or two hundred like every day over the last ten to fourteen days. I don't know, but I don't want to. I don't want to making it. Sorry, go for.
Speaker 6: It, OULD say, I'm not making a comment on anything. I was just saying what was just given a fact?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, but I'd love to know your take on it. When you see thirteen forty four online right now on this date in on Kazan, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 1: What do you feel about that number?
Speaker 6: Not great?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think I saw lost. I've seen it was like eleven hundred the other day This morning though, when I woke up, it was about seventeen hundred, So it seems like it's fluctuating somewhere in the middle there, Right, not a great feeling, is it is?
Speaker 1: Is Yak right? I'm a little I would have gone halfway between Yak's answer and something else. Yak is saying that BB probably cut that number in half. I would have thought that number prior to BB's release was around like seventeen eighteen hundred, But I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think it was a round two k. It was low, okay, like about twenty eighteen hundred roughly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it was too obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, obviously people are playing Bronze Spirit this weekend, trying it down stuff.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: You can't really put his weekend's numbers into account. But I mean, somebody who's jumping on to say, hey, I want to go find a dungeon for something like this, maybe wait in a while, and people don't like to wait. They want to get in there, find something, do the stuff. They don't want to sit around for thirty minutes spamming looking for group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's no doubt that Bronzeby's release. He's a massive, like you know, hamstringing of Apolk to say the fucking least, don't you think it's good?
Speaker 7: Can I add something to this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please? Please?
Speaker 7: Does anyone did anyone play a wild Star back on its original on an inception? Because oh yeah, that was a long time ago, but yeah, yeah, yeah, because I'm seeing a very direct compared and you know, wild Star launched, it was buggy, it was rushed, It was a great game. It filled that classic difficulty, new stuff to do, different combat system. But what they do. They tried to beat the release of WAD and in doing so, they shot themselves on the foot because they put out an unfinished game. They tarnished what they had tried to develop, and it just never it just never got past that. And that's kind of like I haven't been following either of these servers. I kind of just caught up to it the other day when I saw the hype and countdown and going on, I was like, what the heck's going on? But it kind of feels similar to that. It sounds like EPOK got kind of pressured by its audience to release something that wasn't quite ready. You know, if you want classic plus, there better be something plus at the end for people to do, and it doesn't sound like it's there, And it's one of those things where it's gonna be hard to recover if the people that got there or that are playing or are like, wow, this is a much more polished game. It might not be exactly what I want, but there's stuff to do, there's things to find, and it's going to be a hard, uphill battle even if most people want Epoch to be be their jam, Like, I don't know if you're going to get the numbers now that you have this server on its heels, it's it's tough.
Speaker 9: The bal to kind of catch you up. Basically, what happened is Epoch got released, Lizard came along, slapped the lawsuit on all the people that were developing Epoch, and now it's basically stuck in the water. So that's like we probably some stuff probably would have been released if the deads were not you know, as.
Speaker 1: As someone posted, as someone posted on the Epoch subreddit yesterday, and it's true, like when you just sit down and journal and timeline Epochs life cycle. Right now, it is a wild story. It is a wild, wild server in terms of like the years of development that the you know, the server management not being up for obviously being taken aback by the amount of interest that came up at the last second, swamped at the release, bought by Ascension, cease and desist letters sent out, you know, Ascension not exactly treating it with the the you know, fucking maybe attention that we feel it deserves, and it being in a we really weird space. Now it's a it's a wild story in private server fucking law.
Speaker 9: That's a bit of a weird one. Like what do you even do? What do Ascension do that? Like they've bought this thing, There's clearly an interest, there's clearly people still playing, there's people that are donating money to them, Like I have donated multiple times, even though I've not bought anything from the shop because I don't want anything in the game. But they've now got a product that they're developing that is literally its direct competitor. So what do they do with that?
Speaker 20: Well, that's so they have to do anything their competition.
Speaker 1: Well that's it. Well, let's let's talk about it, lads, because like I said to you guys a few days ago, you know, I said on the podcast that oh, there's no way Ascension paid money for Epoch to sentence it to death. But I said that in the assumption that Ascension paid a decent amount of money for it. I'm like, Oh, if they shelled out, you know, fucking really good compensation to k Toats for this server, Like, why would they pay all that money just to fucking shelve it. But one of you guys, you know, raised the very simple counterpoint to that that I hadn't even considered because I'm a fucking idiot, And You're like, what if they didn't pay that much money for it? What if they threw a figure out that k Toots just took as a lifeline as this salvage of something as the sheep was going down, and they it cost them next to nothing, and they just bought their competitor, and now they can sink it because they did no fucking skin off their back. And I'm like, fuck that that is a possibility. That's relatively plausible as well.
Speaker 5: The deal could have.
Speaker 6: Just been for.
Speaker 1: So are you going to say it they thought they sorry, what was that someone was going to say something? Just then go for it? No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was saying the deal could have just have been, hey, we'll get a cut of future cash Shop revenue from the Epoch server for hosting it and doing that stuff. That could have been the deal, which means they didn't pay anything. Maybe they're going to cut a future revenue maybe so they may just tell me everything they put into at this point is there's sunk cost, and they could just say, you know what, it's not gonna you know, hold the money, make the money we want, and walk away. They'd be terrible if they did, but they could absolutely do that because appears nobody else is going to stop them.
Speaker 18: I think that's what most people are worried about too, is that like now that Epoch devs are gone, that Epoch is just going to sit there and delay.
Speaker 20: Everyone's going to go to me few a Bronze Beard or whatever it is now.
Speaker 13: So I think.
Speaker 19: Turtle like they're more like for me for for me. For example, I've got nothing against Bronze Beard. I think it it looks, it looks fine. It's just paid a win and I'm never going to touch it with the cash Shop, But like the actual gameplay and the like, the product looks like it's a high quality product. But I'm never going to play it. If Epoch you know, goes up in smoke, I'm going to turtle.
Speaker 13: I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a viable turtle sitting right there.
Speaker 19: The server was Dwindlane before. Let's not pretend that like Bronze Beard is killing Epochs. Population has been going on every week because there's no red content, and it's that's why it's not like a detraction from Epok's just there's nothing. You know, you get the sexty and you can do your pre best. For some people like doing their pre best grinds. Some people like can't be asked because like there's no red contact. So why I'm going to read content? So why am I going to grind dungeons other them once or twice to see the content, enjoy myself, get the sexy, see other dungeons. Cool, had fun. I'm done, and you know, play something else. But I think as soon as I don't think Bronsburg is what is killing or is going to kill eat Park, that's gonna be whether or.
Speaker 18: Not it's definitely not the reason. But I think if everyone looks at this as like we all enjoy playing, well, it doesn't matter what version like it? Where's fun in most versions, but pay to win or not, this is just a waiting room. Like if everyone's having fun with it, why don't we all just jump on together and have a bit of fun, enjoy it, and then when Blizzard actually pull their finger out, obviously, that's where everyone's gonna be going.
Speaker 20: Well that that's sort of a lifelong server for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sort of been mine attitude as well is and this is this is a difference between player attitudes. But I'm like, I the epitome of dicking around on this server. And like, don't get me wrong, my quote unquote dicking around that might equate to a thousand fucking hours I don't know, But I'm not taking this server too seriously, so I'm not choosing to get overly offended by stuff that. Like we said, if Blizzard did it, I'd lose my shit. If Blizzard had this shop, I'd be going like you fucking crazy cunts, Like I'm out of here, what are you doing? But because it's like a whack, I don't know, I can't explain this and I probably wind up sounding the fuck with myself. But I'm like, because it's a whackadoo private server made by fucking you know, the craziest people out there who funnel all their money off into fucking Russian shell accounts and do all this weird shit. And you know, I just sort of I just I just find myself just entering the world and mucking around in it very lightheartedly. Like I just don't like when I see the guy. I posted a couple of pictures of the more obnoxious mounts that I saw on day one standing next to me in Razor Hill and stuff, and I'm like, oh my god, look at this one. But I'm not I'm not doing that to be like loll this game is fucked. Imagine these cunts riding around like this. This is so stupid. I'm more just like, wow, this is weird, you know what I mean. But like, but I don't care. I'm not I'm not like getting angry over it. But it is just an odd contrast between this and what we just went through with Epoch. But like I understand the player like Laz like Yak, who are fucking smart guys. They know what they like, they know what they don't like, and they've if you're going to hold to your your morals in terms of gaming, Like this is a line I don't cross in the sand. I totally get that that that's fine, but like that's that's the decision they've made to stand firm on that principle, whereas you'd be more than fine to call me a fuck with for wandering away. I share those same principles, but I'm wandering away from them in this moment on a server that I don't deem to be that serious. If that makes sense, you guys could say that's still hypocritical of me. But I don't know, is this is this resonating with anyone?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, Josh, I don't think it's principle.
Speaker 13: It's just a preference. I don't. I don't view it as like by pencil.
Speaker 20: I don't count preference if you haven't played it. That's that's what I don't understand.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think ye.
Speaker 20: I don't think you might have fun here.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think you can still read about it on paper, and.
Speaker 13: As I said, it looks like a high quality product. But I don't. I don't play pay to win games.
Speaker 7: Can I can? I ask? What about what about pay to win ruins your game? Experience if you're playing with your buddies and you're doing the content you want, like, what what what about it? Because I've been like I said, I was playing gild Wars two for about last two months and I am twelve years behind. I had never played it before, and how far along people were that they run only on a cash shop because there's no sub fee, Like none of what people had ruined my experience because the game itself is fun and good. I don't understand why because someone can buy something in a in a cash shop, it ruins how you enjoy a game if you're not, I mean, unless they're buying arena wins because you want to be a top per.
Speaker 20: I share that. I share that thought as well.
Speaker 18: And I think if, as I was saying to guys yesterday, if you can buy something that is more powerful at the end of the day to make your character more powerful than anybody that to me is paid to win, I just want to say to get to that point quicker, just before you.
Speaker 1: Die Las Last Last Last's Best Vestige, I want you, guys to tee off lads and vestige you go nuts here. I just want to say this one quick thing before you do. Just as a note, I just have to say, I'm just getting like flashbacks now to you know, this is almost evolving in not to This is turning into the conversation about sorry about my rumor. You know, when we talked about gold buying in classic and you get people saying things like, oh, but the bots drive down the prices like maybe, and you out of nowhere like I never thought i'd heart I would hear a defense of bots argument. But the community, some members of the community started to make it going, actually, maybe bodding is a good thing, and people are like, what the fuck? And now we're here. You know, a community that for fucking years and years and years has generally railed against pay to win and the concept of pay to win and MMOs. Now we have that moment of a couple of people, not a couple, but a small portion of the community going like, well, I'll make the argument for pay to win. It's bonkers to me, but I'm just highlighting that out to like, because there will be people listening to the podcast going like, oh, fucking countdown to class is pro paid a win?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is this how far we've come?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I just remember this is different opinions, and you know what he is now going to turn into two different sides talking about this. Having said that, now, lads and Vestage, let me throw it to you guys. You go nuts.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I don't really feel like responding. I'll get back to what you said, Josh and building your point. I don't think bron like Bronsberg, is like killing Epoch or anything. I think the people who are playing it good for them.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 19: I'm not like, oh, I wish they would stay here, like, go play what you like, and you know, if I'm sure a lot of those pet players will come back when if ray content is announced, and I'll stay on here still having fun, and as soon as they announced ray content, people will be back. So it's not like I just don't people who are upset that, you know, brons Bear launched. I'm not sure if anyone is, but I just think that it's it's kind of just natural.
Speaker 13: There's not a lot of content.
Speaker 19: Everyone's gone through it already, and if you're leveling having fun, keep doing it. If you want to trop brons beear, go for it looks like a high quality product. I'm not going to do.
Speaker 1: It, but okay, wait, Costa, because I want to say something as well, Vestig, we're going to say something going for it.
Speaker 6: What is the most powerful thing you can buy in an mm O. It's not a weapon, it's not gear. It's time. With a pay to win, you are buying time, whether it's up in your professions, increasing leveling speed, doing doing things that help you get to the end faster. And that created imbalance in an mm O that I just do not like, I do not enjoy. I don't think it's fair what I.
Speaker 18: Win with others don't see that is to win.
Speaker 5: But there's also here's here's the thing. Here's here's the thing though too. You can turn it off. You don't have to.
Speaker 6: I can't turn off other peo people.
Speaker 5: How does that affect you?
Speaker 6: The world affects me?
Speaker 7: What are you?
Speaker 8: They can they can get ourcane crystals and they can get black lotuses and like all this ship way faster than you and sell them for a way higher than they'll ever be ever again because they get them on day one, day two and day three, Like, how is that?
Speaker 5: Like not a parent But there's not.
Speaker 6: A single player game. You're playing with other people. You interact with other people you interact with economy, you interact with everything, and I can't control other people the way they play.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me, let me summarize it. Soooo, let me because I'm going to incorporate you into this.
Speaker 20: We're not actually into the.
Speaker 1: No, no, we are because this was a big thing in the discord through the week, and we need to touch it on the podcast because a lot of Countdown people were discussing this and going back and forth on how do you deem pay to win and what constitutes pay to win to you because a lot of people do, oddly to me, seem to have different definitions of it. And you know, Voodoo, you hunk, and Marcus and I got together for a beer and dinner the other night and we you know, started off the night with talking about this, and you and I had a back and forth and you know, we fucking just you know, friendly over beers, and I thought, I thought, yeah, you hate me. I thought I convinced you. But you're still now raising the original argument that I thought I talked you away from over that beer. But I'll just say again, like, there are a large amount of people out there, and I do you know, I'm not having a big dig but I find it hard not to refer to it as mental gymnastics. So there's a lot of people out there that do do the mental gymnastics of stretching away from pay to win, and they define it as there's two camps. Can I buy a weapon, a kick ass weapon with cash and the flow chart goes yes, no, Yes equals pay to win, no equals not pay to win. That's one camp. Then there's the other camp that's like no, no, no, like paying for like we just said, paying for time or economic advantage or really any advantage. Is what is paid to win in an MMO. It's not just constituted by buying your you know, fucking arkanight reaper or whatever fucking kick ass weapon you want. There's more to an MMO than that, and that's what constitutes pay to win. And those two differing arguments are now conflicting quite a bit, and it's been this way for years. Quite frankly, this is not just a new thing that's come up over Bronze Bear. This has been MMO games for years.
Speaker 8: Just happened. It wasn't World Within like one of the first expansions they did like three day early access and then they like nerved, they nerved like everything like right before it went to the you know books, people.
Speaker 13: That did.
Speaker 1: That just happened, they did do that. Yeah, so it really comes down to yeah, yeah, so it comes down to maybe we'll first tackle this slack. You know, this is where I'll throw it to you and ask you are you of that crowd that does sort of say unless because Voodoo is of this crowd. Unless I'm buying a weapon. It's not paid to win.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm kind of in between. I'm kind of torn on that, especially after this last week of talking to you and Easy and everybody else, I'm kind of in between on it. I mean kind of torn. Look at it like this. So this is kind of the discussion we were having earlier before you had popped on. Was when Classic released okay twenty nineteen Vanilla Classic releases, they offered a collector's edition, correct Classic That collector's edition, yes, I don't remember Classic collector's edition that you could pay for sixty bucks, fifty bucks or whatever it was. Uh, it gave you amount, It gave you a pet, and they gave you a couple other little items here and there. When TBC Classic released they offered a collector's edition.
Speaker 1: I think I think the I think the first one.
Speaker 5: Well, they they did on the they did on the first one, and I remember because I wanted them out. But TBC Classic releases this collector's edition and it's also got a character boost. Okay, retail's got character boosts. Now, we got the Wold token inside a Classic and you can also character boost, and you can faction change, and you can race change and all that other stuff. So my question to those that are making the argument that uh, Bronze Beard's pay to win because of all this stuff, how many of you guys bought a race change or a faction change.
Speaker 1: But that that's fair, that's but that's an an argument. It's one thing to say you're hypocrites, versus is the boost pay to win?
Speaker 7: It's time time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So do you cast it? Do you refer to the booster's pay to win?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't refer to the pay to win. But those those that are sitting here saying that time is being taken away and it's a character boost. So you're talking about a week's worth of leveling, two weeks worth of leveling right, so that time is taken away. Therefore, upon their definition of pay to win, that's pay to win.
Speaker 1: I think that's a fair point to raise. Well, there's a few things to unpack here, but to bring it back to you vestige, if I can and just say, like, I think that that's actually pretty good point. Like are you being hypocritical if you've brought a boost in the past to sit here and be like pay to win sucks. I'm not playing this server, but oh I've bought a few boosts in Classic.
Speaker 6: No, it's absolutely pay to win.
Speaker 12: How is.
Speaker 6: Pay to win?
Speaker 7: I mean you are, Yeah, but you didn't stop playing at TBC if you played through it that it didn't it didn't sour the the.
Speaker 6: The time that you play Classic.
Speaker 7: Well, but most people did. Most people went through TVC.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 8: It was a really big deal. It got the fucking spit Emo band because it was associated with the mount, so you knew everybody that bought the boost. It was a huge deal. Everyone felt betrayed that they were adding.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 8: Still a lot of a lot of Yeah, was a game without making you know.
Speaker 18: I don't know anybody that stopped playing because of that, and maybe because I'm not in the scene that much, but I don't know anybody that stopped playing.
Speaker 6: It all depends where you have to go. I mean there was only TEP, there was only TBC Classic at the time, so.
Speaker 7: But doesn't have subs. They're not making any money and they have some of that. They have some time saving things in here to help fund what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm not saying the cash is wrong at all.
Speaker 7: But you cannot You're enjoying it because of the.
Speaker 18: Buying right for me, right, And I don't want you to get the wrong idea either, because I would prefer there would be no shop, zero shop.
Speaker 20: That's my preference.
Speaker 8: Look, I think I think generous that want to waste our time, and when there's a thing in a shop that someone can buy, it takes away from the like twelve hour night that you're going to put into the game where you just fucking lose your mind and grind and you're so immersed. But if you know that like that isn't going to give you an advantage that it used to give you, then you're like, how is that crazy that you're like less incentivized to like want to just.
Speaker 18: Enjoying itself a twelve hours grinding like that's I enjoy that.
Speaker 20: I don't care to get there.
Speaker 8: Sure, but an MMO is not just the gameplay a vacuum. It's the entire It's like your place within the socioeconomic you know, population of the game. Like that's all relevant. Like how much money that you make in the game is relevant, Like how much time you have to do content relevant.
Speaker 6: All these things are.
Speaker 20: Real important to you because it's not important to me in the slowest.
Speaker 7: Like it sounds like you know, the very self mode where with people and you were on your personal lute that way, your time is only your time, and how what other people do don't affect you?
Speaker 1: Voodoo voo.
Speaker 8: You don't care about the achievements that you get on your own.
Speaker 20: What's going on the achievements that you.
Speaker 8: Get on your own, Right, you can compare that against other players, Like if you run UBRS twice and they've only run it once, you might have more things than them. Right, you can directly compare those things to So I'm just understanding that this shouldn't be It's not like how you enjoy the game. I'm just I'm just speaking from the perspective of like this is how I like to play Wow. I like to fucking goon out on Wow and just play it for sixteen hours because I have nothing better to do and I love the game. But if I'm gonna do that, I don't want to be doing it with other people that can get those advantages that don't have that same degenerate mindset, you know what I mean, Because all I have is that I'm a degenerate that plays Wow, and if I'm gonna be on a server, I want that to equal something that like, I feel good about at the end of the day. So that's the thing that chases people away from games with shops that give you an advantage because it's like, well, now the only thing that I have in my life, which is being a nerd with all this free time, it doesn't mean anything because some guy with the job that used to be a handicap for games like this can just come in and buy all the shit that like I'm wasting my life to get.
Speaker 20: Well, they're more of all the nerds.
Speaker 18: We're all nerds. We all know that enjoy it in our own little way. But I get what you're saying because I do share your passion. That's how I like to play. I do like to just degen out and and sync myself into it. But if someone wants to pay to get there, that doesn't worry me, that doesn't bother me.
Speaker 5: That's gonna this is gonna be the same argument that a lot of people are gonna have too when it comes time for Turtle Wow, because or whoever's going to play Turtle whole turt a while I've got a cash shop, Dude.
Speaker 1: Can I can I jump in? Can I jump in? For one second? Voodoo? To be fair, I gave your I gave you and cast it. I cast it raised a really good twoche moment before for the other team, But now I'm going to have to raise one on their behalf for you. Are you ready for this? You still love me?
Speaker 6: Right of course?
Speaker 1: Okay? Very good to be fair on d C. Green's points and on what you've said. You know, you, Marcus and Hunk and I quit a guild in sod because we drew in a line in the sand on gold buying. You know, we were like, that's not cool. Our whole guild has this inter guild secret gold buying operation that we're not on board. With and we g quit and we got out of it. We're not gold buyers. We're not into it now. To be fair, you're anti gold buying. But then if I were to say to you, why are you anti gold buying when that guy just chooses to cut corners? What effect does that have on you?
Speaker 18: Well, I'm not breaking any tears here, is like, sorry, by by buying something from this shop.
Speaker 20: I don't want to be part of a guild.
Speaker 1: That's like, right, So okay, that's fair. So the gold buying element had breaking the rules as a part of it, so that's yeah, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah, please, I think he needs a lawyer.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so I'm with it. I think it's completely not on the overall point, but on this point, I think they're completely different. Being a cheater is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 13: Whether or not you like to win is just a preference.
Speaker 1: It's just very fair.
Speaker 19: It's not a principle of mine. It's just a it's just a preference. It's not this is right, this is wrong. This is what some people like. Some people we don't like. Some people like. Pay for convenience totally, okay, pay for power, not Okay, some people like both. Some people just like pay for cosmetics. It's not to me, it's not like this like moral stand. It's just I don't want to play.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, it's a very fair point. Voodovoo Voodoo brought up as well. It's the perfect counterpoint. I withdraw my submission.
Speaker 7: And I maybe maybe sure he's got You know, Josh, you often say this, You're very fortunate that you can game so much. DC's got sixteen hours that he can just like you said djon out, I get three to four. Yeah, so I'm inherently at a disadvantage. I don't I don't buy a lot of I don't have the money to spend I don't have the financial ability to spend money on it. But to come into a game where you have sixteen hours to play then puts me at a disadvantage because you can play more. And so therefore, do I not play the game because I don't have have the same time investment which you are considering pay to win.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 7: I play the game because I like it. The game's fun. I don't care that this guy is nerding out for sixteen hours a day and has everything in the game. Big fucking whoop. I can still join our raid. I can go push my buttons. I don't care about parsing. Just play the game if it's fun. Like, who cares what someone can buy? Who cares how they look? In this game? You can actually turn it off other than the mounts. I think. Can't turn off the mounts unfortunately, but you can turn off all their crazy trans mogs and only see the gear they want to wear. Just play a game you enjoy and like, if someone can put a credit card to it, great, good for them. I can't I get three or four hours of play. I'll never be at that degon level where I can just be the best at everything.
Speaker 1: So just to love it. You go jumping jump in.
Speaker 10: The cosmetics is one thing. But like the fact that you can, if I understand correctly, you can buy I think that lets you have all the professions.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where I was going. That's exactly where I was going.
Speaker 10: I feel like that is an advantage that is just completely unnatural, because if you don't swipe your credit card, you don't have that opportunity.
Speaker 5: Like you yes you do. You can still auction house with gold with in game gold that you grind it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you grind you credit card.
Speaker 7: I also don't pay a stub, so I could say, you know what, I want those professions. Maybe I'll drop this one time donation and get those things, so I'm not at that disadvantage.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that's that's what I'm trying to say here, is that like that sort of advantage is only available to the people with either sixteen IROs to play in order to grind the gold or buy it. And I really really.
Speaker 18: Doubt there's going to be on one end of the spectrum.
Speaker 20: Like that's leaving a very small amount of people.
Speaker 10: That is a human majority.
Speaker 20: I'm going to grind over.
Speaker 5: All again again though again though real quick, how does how does somebody having a maxed out profession having the advantage over you?
Speaker 20: Economy, I think is what they're Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I can't sort of take us at that point.
Speaker 5: I just I just I guess I don't understand that.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's.
Speaker 20: Understand that economy. It just it definitely changes economy.
Speaker 7: Understand Yeah, but what what what are you trying to do? Be the king pin of the economy? Can you afford to do the things you want to do?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 1: But of course some people play like that. Of course some people do that, and.
Speaker 20: That's that's what I'm saying before.
Speaker 18: That's probably where our argument is selfish, because some people do like to play that part of the game, being the you know, economy kings and that sort stuff, which is fine. I don't think is any problem with that, but it's dude.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing is, like you amount of pearl, you need a golden pearl to make your ruined arcaonnite rod Well, this guy he got all the professions at level one, He's got so much gold that by the time he gets sixty, which is going to get faster than you because he's got other advantages, He's going to buy out all the golden pearls and try and sell them to you for a hundred gold apiece. And then what are you gonna do? You only need one of.
Speaker 6: Them, but you've got sixty.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean? This is like what happens yea.
Speaker 7: Djon, farm your golden pearls and be done with it, Like go farm at yourself like him having control the market, you want to go grind for sixty, Now go grind it.
Speaker 8: Then he's like him, him being able to get that advantage is an advantage. And then and then that like a crew that like you know, compounds because like the gold that you earn the quick the quicker you earn gold on the server, right, the more that it's worth because of how inflation works. So like the longer the server that goes on, things get cheaper obviously, right, So like I'm just saying that these are no that that doesn't matter, But the point is that.
Speaker 7: Like a way to earn gold faster than those people that have to farm it and don't do g d k P. It's it's actually, yeah, it's an economy ship.
Speaker 8: I agree, But g d k P isn't like a thing that you can buy in the shot. And that's like mainly what we're talking about. So I'd rather keep it focused on it.
Speaker 7: It was a it was a player created way to shift golden.
Speaker 8: I'm always I'm aware of what it is, and I've stated in my opinions on it on this podcast before. I don't want to like, yeah, I don't want to drag us into a agent.
Speaker 1: That is like never don't do the GdK thing, please.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't want I'm trying to avoid it.
Speaker 13: Let me.
Speaker 9: Let me just let me just certificant amount of money. I could justify it. But we're talking eight dollars. Eight dollars new prepression. Oh you want to maxim prepession out, so you go to grind. I've got to sit there and chain in my own gear. River and I but I freaking chance and chat now I box like a maximum prepassion eight dollars me. I'm sorry, it's a really tiny amount of money for being able to do something that way. You could have every fifty buck.
Speaker 1: Let me just raise this. We sort of this is a great conversation, guys, Thank you so much. I appreciate everyone's passion. If I can just throw a back cast it eff just to go back on this whole like what constitutes pay to win and whatnot, and sort of we talked about whether or not it's the buying of items or the buying of time and everything. But you know, you seem to have a pretty high threshold for what you do constitute as pay to win. So i'd sort of say, and I brought the same thing up to Voodoo, going like, okay, let's say the shop doesn't have items, and you're like, well, it doesn't have items, I don't really constitute that as pay to win, But like we're saying on the economic angle, like DC Green is sort of saying, if you are that guy, and these guys exist, you know, the sweat lords who will fucking do everything to win when they buy all the shit, when they buy all the professional slots and they fucking dominate the auction house and all that stuff. Or even if it's not necessarily the sweat lord, when someone makes their gold that they would not have made had they not born to the ship and then they use that gold to buy the boe weapons on the auction house that they never would have come within smelling distance of because they're a ship house player. Is that not then like, just do the dots start to get connected to pay to win? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 18: I know what your argument is, but that has it's never affected me. I've always found what I've wanted to find. I've always bought what I've wanted to buy. It just I haven't seen it affect me that much. I know that the argument there is if the golden pearl is one hundred gold because all bones find it all out, that's great.
Speaker 20: I'll just I'll just pay the hundred gold.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying like it's it's it's probably a shit example, But I'm like, when you're in the battleground with people beating your ass and you're losing because their equipment is better than yours because they got it because of the shop. Now, it's not directly on the shop, but they earned the money to buy the good And I know there's like, oh Josh, but you can't get PVPG that way. I'm just saying in general to say, like, I think there was a guy that otherwise would be in your wars on gulching greens and be a fucking terrible player, is now wearing really decent blues and killing you every now and again. Does that bother you?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 18: Because I barely come across it, and a belly affects me in any way. So it's saying, well, whatever, I move on to the next fucking battleground.
Speaker 20: My My problem is.
Speaker 18: Is if if I'm at sixty and I'm in battlegrounds and some guy has, like, you know, all the best gear you can get, but you can only get that gear from buying it, and I can't earn it. That's what I have an issue if I can earn it and I can just spend a bit more time getting there. Whatever, if he wants to get there quicker on him, I don't give a shit. That's on you, mate.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 20: For me, I'm going to enjoy grinding it exactly.
Speaker 2: That's great what.
Speaker 8: It's like for the first For the first two weeks, you're going to have a ninety losery and then after that it doesn't work.
Speaker 20: That's a number you've plucked out of thin air. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 8: Well, you're talking, You're you're saying a bunch of anecdotal stuff too.
Speaker 18: No, I'm just saying that if someone wants to buy better gear than me, that that sure.
Speaker 8: But like they're they're gonna like, let's say that they can't buy the gear, right, but they can get the level sixty two days faster than you, so they can run two days worth of ubrs. So they're gonna have more power than you in the battleground, which means they're gonna win more, which means again we're honor per hour, which one you're faster. Okay, I'm just saying like that, you know, because I've done that in mop already and let me tell you, it fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: It feels like the kind of it feels like the kind of thing you'd say you're okay with on paper, but when you feel it in practice, Yeah, and then you do it and.
Speaker 8: You're like, wow, I actually never want to play this game.
Speaker 6: Wants to fill myself every expansion.
Speaker 18: I'm going through this with a lot of people loosing their characters and all that sort of ship and whatever. Like it's it's never affected me. I've only cared about if I'm having fun at the time. If I'm losing like a fair feed battle.
Speaker 8: Sure, you've done it in a curated environment where they can't buy power, but like, yeah, but like in this situation, we're talking that they can actually buy power. So it's like it's gonna be different, your your opinion will be different.
Speaker 18: I don't understand how they're buying power. They're just just getting there quicker, right. If someone is getting to sixty two days before me, that's not effect.
Speaker 8: You've You've said that you played against like on Blizzard servers where people have like boosted and stuff, and it's not affected you. And yeah, that's like a curated environment where they don't let you buy power. But in an example like any of these ascension servers where they're going to try and be a little bit more lucrative and you know, leaning it with that model, you're gonna be going against people that do buy power. And when you do have that experience, you're gonna you're gonna be like, Yeah, this is a worse experience until you keeck up with that.
Speaker 18: If I'm if I'm in a battleground, I can say that someone is able to obtain weapons and arma that I cannot obtain just by putting a bit of time in.
Speaker 20: That's when I'll have an issue.
Speaker 18: If they can get that stuff earlier that I can get, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'll jump in now. I'll jump in. I'll jump in now because I start.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just say start starting to repay.
Speaker 7: Ourselvesattle ground classic example where we didn't have a cash shop. Did you not play battlegrounds for the for however long when the first high war lords got other ship and you didn't have it because they had so much more power than you, uh time, they have the time to invest to get it, and they are more powerful than you because they had the degen time to do it. And you can't do that. Now you're getting womped on about all these hall Warlords begs aren't fun. Did you quit playing be GI's the rest of the classic.
Speaker 8: Because you can read with them.
Speaker 7: You put in the time.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 8: See, Yeah, you put in the time and raids and you got items that are just as good.
Speaker 7: So you about it a different way to get get power.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean like we're talking about like they didn't the game and the Yeah no, nothing that they get in the game that the game allows them to get ruins by experience? Why would it? Just like they dedicated hours with PvP. I was the guy that did raids and I got good gear through raids, so it's like, okay, cool, come at me, high WARLERD Like I don't care.
Speaker 7: And then why would guy with the gear that bought it and you wamp his ass because he doesn't want to play his class and he paid, He paid, He paid to get there faster, he didn't pay to win.
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, sometimes that happens. Yeah, Sure, I'm not denying that.
Speaker 7: It's I don't know, it's a time thing. It's it's how you value your time. And if you want to value your time farming versus someone who's like I don't got time, or maybe you have time and I just want to be rich like your time.
Speaker 8: Your example is you're comparing two systems in the game that reward your time equally. So like your example isn't like achieving the situation that you want, like the argument that you want, because like the high warlord in two thousand and four and the guy that raided in two thousand and four, their time is of equal value doing both of those things. So like I can see when we then drag it back down to the pay to win thing, then yeah, like the whole argument becomes different. But like in that scenario, you know, those things are both equally valued.
Speaker 7: I never would have the time to go for high warlord. That did not stop me from doing battlegrounds when I wouldn't have geared to to beat a high warlord.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you're the one making that premise. Like no one's arguing that you're you're like hypothetically it and I'm not, like you know, I'm just trying to tear it down because it's not representative of anyone's position.
Speaker 7: It's it's a time thing. That's that's where you're you're paying to win. Thing is about time, and there's a time.
Speaker 8: They have other than grinding. It's like, what's your I don't get.
Speaker 7: Your That's the time is their currency. They have the time to do it. I will never have that currency. They are paying their time to get that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, time to get other things.
Speaker 18: So but tom doesn't cost anyone anything, right, like will it costs you?
Speaker 8: Time?
Speaker 2: Is time?
Speaker 20: Like like you said, you.
Speaker 18: Have the time to play, Like I don't have the time that you have to play.
Speaker 6: So that is the basic contract of the m mL is time. The more time you invest in it, the more you're rewarded. That the basic contract.
Speaker 7: Gilboard too. It's horizontal progression where time is really out about making yourself more powerful.
Speaker 18: If someone wants to get there quicker, like let them.
Speaker 20: I don't see that like it, it doesn't affect.
Speaker 1: We've made the same point five times now, so I'll drag us off and maybe this I enjoy. Look a few of you listening at home, A lot of you will be like riding in going like Josh, everyone's yelling over each other. This is shit. I can't fucking understand anything. I personally love these chats because, like I say, I feel like I'm at the pub. This is everyone with the beer in hands and mates getting fiery and going back and forth over a really interesting topic. I love this kind of shit, so sorry, thank you for indulging me while we do that, I take a step back. I actually wasn't really I'm not sitting here like not doing anything because I'm playing the game. I'm just listening in. I'm enjoying it. But we are getting a little bit circular. So time for Daddy Josh to come in and say, all right, settle down everyone, We'll try and get back on track.
Speaker 16: Can I make a slightly tan gential point that other people are.
Speaker 1: Making absolutely.
Speaker 16: One thing that's seems to be, like we were talking about time. I think if you're able to skip the journey in any way, shape or form, you pull away from creating an opportunity to communicate engage with other players in the game, which is the entire purpose of the MMO. And that's I guess my big problem with.
Speaker 22: Any sort of purchasing shop option, not if you've done it or not, but you mitigate the engagements with other people.
Speaker 16: That can't be good in an MMO.
Speaker 18: A valid point, but if that's what that person wants to do, then that's on them, right, It shouldn't affect you, but it does affect you.
Speaker 13: Exist.
Speaker 8: I feel like.
Speaker 1: You've made the same point ten times, so I don't want to go back there again.
Speaker 20: More of us that would enjoy that, I think. I think we all.
Speaker 18: Enjoy that aspect of the MMO anyway, there's more people that do.
Speaker 1: We can't quantify that anyway, It shows in here that there is I mean, but then you had Yeah, but then you had a But then you had a million people play Classic in twenty nineteen without any of this ship.
Speaker 18: So what I'm saying, what I'm what I'm saying is that most of us would enjoy to not pay to get there quicker and to enjoy the immersive.
Speaker 20: Side of it.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, Yeah, I'm on board with Yeah. Sorry I thought you were saying the opposite. Okay, guys, fuck me, my head is spinning. That was very passionate back and forth. Where do we even go from here? Who feels what haven't we talked about that? We have to talk about?
Speaker 6: Hey, that certain service actually certain server work I said there was there was a certain server world first.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I almost forgot how could I forget? Thank you for fucking reminding me. Oh my god. All right, saddle up for a tale of triumph countdown listeners. All right, so this feels like a lifetime ago. I can't believe this is like like fucking a week ago. Oh my god. So over on Epoch, they they did finally get off their asses and announce some form of new content and they go, all right, we'll release the new world boss and Volhan is going to patrol the Burning Steps and you know, you guys can get your guilds together, your raids together and try and take him down. So we knew it was going to be a shit show. I put together some people and said, look, guys, we've got to have a stab. Like we're not going to get it, but let's just go and have a look and see what this thing's all about. And everyone's like, yeah, fuck yeah, let's do it. So we got about I don't know fifteen fifteen odd countdown people, fifty five plus going to the Burning Steps and we just started. I just started inviting everyone because we needed to feel like a forty man group. So he filled up to forty and we're cross faction and everything Alliance hoard. I didn't give a shit, but it's there for a laugh. A guy whispers me and goes, lol, what the fuck have you? Like, I'm the raid leader, and it's like, what the fuck have you done? You're half hoarded, half a lot, like, imagine not knowing how this thing. And he had to go at me. He's like, imagine not doing the beta and not knowing how this thing works, You're not going to be able to heal each other. And I'm like, made, fuck off. I didn't do the beta, and I'm not going to have someone fucking like have a go at me for not knowing shit from the beta. Go fuck yourself. So, I mean, I still took on board what he said, and I said to the guys, look, apparently we're not going to be able to heal each other, you know if you order Alliance, So let's just make do with what we've got and have some fun and fucking I really just I just don't care, guys. We're just here to dig around. So Volhan comes out and it's this huge molten giant and his abilities were bonkers. Vestige will explain in greater detail than I will, but it was really, really fucking cool to see. It was a war zone. People are going for the tag he's one shotting people That AoE was insane. I've got screenshots in the discord of all these fire missiles just cleaning up groups upon groups of people. It was fucking bonkers. PvP is going everywhere. I'm getting fucking too shit. You know, when you res as a ghost, there's a million people as ghosts jogging back to the boss. It was just something really cool and unique and fun. A lot of people would say, like, not a lot, sorry. Some people will say, oh, this is fucking bullshit. World bosses need to be in an instance, like they were on SOD or whatever. This is fucked Look, I mean, the argument is there for it. But I thought this was really cool. So we plod along and it was. It was my wife's birthday and I'd woken up at five o'clock in the morning to do this thing. But eventually, about an hour forty five minutes later, my wife wakes up and I'm like, guys, look, we're in the middle of the fight, and I'm like, the boss is still at ninety five percent health or whatever, and it keeps getting fucking you know. Retagged and retagged and everyone's killing each other and it was fun for like half an hour, and I say, guys, fuck, I'm so sorry. I've got to go, you know, family first, got to do the birthday thing with the missus. Yeah, no ways, Josh, will see you later. I passed the lead over to Lazarus and I dip out, just thinking that was that they'll they'll have a bit of fun and sort of all move on eventually. Now, at this point in the storyline, I should probably throw it to you, Vestige and just say, before we get to what happened after I left, what did you think? What you were initial impressions of the collection of people in the zone and the side of the boss.
Speaker 6: Well, it got up to be about a thousand people in the zone Horder and Alliance, and when, of course the Boss came out, we all got PvP flagged and the lag was insane, almost couldn't do anything.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. Yeah, but only for a few minutes.
Speaker 6: But yeah, only for a few minutes. It got better and got better and got better, and eventually it almost didn't feel like there was any difference at all. And we still had like seven hundred people, eight people and in that zone just just to grab you doing something on the back end to improve.
Speaker 1: It absolutely and just to grab you here just I don't want to go down this tangent. No extra commentary needed. All I'll say is this is another point where it's easy. And I got angrier and angrier at Blizzard, as we always say, because the privates in real time, within five minutes, literally within five minutes, worked out how to have a thousand people in a zone or pvping each other with no lag. And it was bonkers and Blizzard cannot do more than one hundred and fifty for whatever technical reason that they use, and it it made me want to scream. Anyway back to you Vestige.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely. So we have this insane, huge world PvP going on. Wilkins going around throwing out these oars which are throwing off missiles everywhere, killing everybody. People are killing each other. It's just absolute freaking chaos. So we're just going back and forth, killing each other, trying to hit the boss. All all kinds of shenanigans are happening. It gets the boss gets down to the world boss. You know, we're flinging it back and forth between the hoard and alliant, it's been tagged by somebody else, and I think we got it down to like seventy sixty percent, and then the server crashed. So at that point I think a lot of people dipped out. I think LAS dipped out at that point, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what I left.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so a lot of people just like, hey, okay, fine, we're done.
Speaker 2: So cool.
Speaker 1: Key point of the story at this moment, though, when I left, I vividly remember turning it to master Louder. When I passed lead to LAS, did that keep Master lout?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: It changed every timewitch every time you switch LEA.
Speaker 1: Okay I didn't. I didn't realize that, but I mean, besides, I passed you lead. I did doubt that was for you guys to figure out. But Master Loot is now off.
Speaker 6: Yes, so Master Looter is off, and.
Speaker 13: I think I passed lead to the Vestage.
Speaker 6: Well I don't think you came back, right, No, but.
Speaker 13: I pass passively someone on the gilt.
Speaker 6: I don't know who became lead at this point, I honestly don't, but it doesn't really matter. So then the server comes back and the whole boss system resets, So that means the whole the RP event, everything started over again because of the server reset, so we all go back again. We're all waiting for the boss to spawn. He's spawns, and apparently somebody in our group got the tag. I have no idea who it was. I was dead at that point, So somebody in our raid got that tag, and we didn't know if we actually had it or if it was a visual bug. We just kind of seed to what happened, and so we just let the event play out, and eventually both sides eventually hit the boss enough that you know, they killed it and we were able to loot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Countdown got the fucking world first.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you why best is important, because I do remember passing to you Raid led the world first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is vestage, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: All right, I'll add to my resume when I when I next next job by a.
Speaker 1: Play Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. Apply for a job with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you know I'd Raid led the world first Killer kill of vul Chan on.
Speaker 6: A private server World of Warcraft of the game from twenty years ago of an offshoot mod version.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh you're thatstally that would really win the ladies over at the bar. Oh my god, yeah, lead with that when you're picking up at the bar for sure.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Vegas maybe, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I pay him first. So yeah, so then it just goes to greed rolls. So everybody's just eating everything. So this is important.
Speaker 1: How many countdown people in this rate of forty at this point?
Speaker 6: How many are what?
Speaker 1: How many countdown people in this rate of forty people at this point after the kill? Oh, I don't know, fifteen about fifteen? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so I know there's a lot offline people, people leaving, so it's hard to tell even who was going on. We were all trying. We were just like all in shock at this point. Yeah, there was a lot of going on.
Speaker 1: So well, I mean, I was gonna say, what was the mood in voice chat? You guys must have gone nuts.
Speaker 6: Oh we were all screaming and going crazy.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. All right, So now I'm going to try and help set the scene here with a bunch of questions. So, okay, so what drops.
Speaker 6: Two handed mace epic maze and like called world breaker or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks insanely good.
Speaker 6: It's look it looks like it's really good. I don't think the I think that it's bugged from what I think people are telling me that the proc chance wasn't working right.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it looks insane the model. The model is really cool. So anyway, so that drops, and that's pretty much the only cool thing dropped a bunch of other ship but the only really good thing was one two handed mace weapon, right, and it was like a strength stam and what's what's the proc on it? For extra chance to create on your next attack within four seconds? Yeah, so it's like a you know, is it a fair to say it was probably like a feral druids wet dream or what.
Speaker 19: Absolutely feral Druid enhanced Shaman warrior palade and it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, so this thing drops as soon as everyone sees the purple pixels. What happens next Vestige.
Speaker 6: Well, everybody's kneeding on it, so we just say, hey, everybody need on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you say everybody, you mean like all the pugs have started to need on it.
Speaker 6: Right, everybody in the group is needing on at this point. So we didn't have Master Luteran, so there's no way to do anything. So we just all need it.
Speaker 1: And thankfully, back in back in one day, Kate telling a story, I got to answer a call.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So thankfully a Countdown person did win the need role. Gristle won it. So then we were able to formally roll the item off to everybody who actually needed it based on their specs. We had I think three people roll and we had a enhancement shaman from Countdown who won it. I forget the names escaping.
Speaker 2: Me, but.
Speaker 6: Carapy yeah, excuse me one and so he got that a'smen shamans running around the server with the two and mace blowing people up in a PvP.
Speaker 1: I hope all right, Sorry, I'm back. So did you did you talk about the fact that we won the role?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I just said that our guild member won the role and Kesby got it, and uh, okay, he's running around killing people with it, murdering everybody in sight. There was a little bit of drama.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see. Yeah, so what was what was? What was the complaint?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Allegations of ninja ing and uh were thrown about. We started getting whispers. I was getting whispers other people were, and then we started getting discord messages. From some very unhappy people. One specific.
Speaker 1: It was mainly one guy, right.
Speaker 6: I got a few from different people at first, but this one guy really really yeah it was in our group or what happened or what was going on, but.
Speaker 1: DM everyone with m bombs and fucking bad ship.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah. It's probably some of the worst whispering I've seen, Like, like, really, dude, he was mad, mad mad, But everything was done fair. We rolled it off. He didn't. If he did roll for it and didn't win it, that's on him. That's luck of the draw. And you know, that's the way, that's the way the dice go.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I mean from your retaelling of the story, and I invite anyone in the crowd here because I genuinely want to know if by the unwritten moral and ethical code of World of Warcraft anything was done wrong here. But by the sounds of it, this was above board. And I'm not just saying that because it's fucking our guild, but in all honesty, because I wanted to say, I wanted to make sure that we didn't fuck around here, that this all happened when I went offline or whatever. But in the retailing as Vestige says it like, I think that's perfectly fine. And I dug through the Epoch discord for everyone's commentary on the event, and everyone was like for us and against this douchebag, going like they literally did nothing wrong, you fucking idiot. Does anyone agree or disagree with the way that this was done?
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, screenshots tell it all. I mean, what what what were those people going to do that ruled need on it, that couldn't even use the damn thing exactly? Somebody didn't somebody say there was a major that had ruled need on it to Yeah, they rolled on it just to say that they had it. Yeah, that's exactly what that was. And you know, whether you know if they people dropped out a group before having the chance to come back and roll on it, you know again needed it, you know. Uh sorry, I mean.
Speaker 18: I think at the end of the day, whoever won that that mace that got would have message regardless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I I was so stoked by this by the way. I thought this was so fucking funny. I couldn't stop laughing that this little dad guild that could countdown fucking beat the sweat there were so many sweats there weren't there fucking going for it Vestige.
Speaker 6: I had people messaging me like how did you guys do it? And I was like, like I had a fucking clue what we did? How we did it? Yeah?
Speaker 19: Everyone said it like the whole like zone was fitting the boss and we were just like that when I could hear it, were just dying and residing and just you know, it wasn't only strategy, just the whole server.
Speaker 13: The whole server was killing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a bit of dumb luck. Like it fucking it was a war zone and it was dumb luck and we got it, And like I just do I do think it's so amazing that like the sweaty guilds who were really prepared for this didn't get it. But I mean it was just a stupid role with the dice.
Speaker 6: That's what world bosses are. They're just pure chaos.
Speaker 19: You response pretty pretty quickly, So so get it.
Speaker 1: Do we put this on our like do we get recruits from this? Do we say, like, hey, guys, joint countdown, World first Vault chan on Epark.
Speaker 6: I was I was having fun playing with the achievement that you got from it. So I was joining groups and telling people, I'm like, you're you're lucky. You're in a group with people who got the world first kill on.
Speaker 1: This SERI, oh my god, that's sorry. Good I was.
Speaker 6: I was being insufferable for a good twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Very very good.
Speaker 20: So you how you should have?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I agree. More people that messaged me and were angry about it.
Speaker 1: Hey on, hay on, hay on, someone was about to jump in, go for it.
Speaker 12: I to add in that I know we had that the one guy on the actual day of the kill that was thrown a foot. In the week following, I got probably ten whispers from people that were very upset about really. Yeah, well I posted the one in the district. You saw it, Josh, and you were pretty much just like, let him fucking have it. But I think the last one was three days ago, some random guy in West Fall.
Speaker 1: So fucking but have another Like, I don't know what this re spawn thing is. It hasn't it been killed more since then or not?
Speaker 6: I haven't seen it. I haven't heard about it, but at least twice.
Speaker 1: It's gone up at least twice since Yeah, Okay, and as I presume it's being killed and other people are now getting the loot.
Speaker 2: I would think.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, so people, it's just a world first thing as opposed to It's not like people are never going to get a loot from this thing, but anyway you.
Speaker 13: Take it away from them.
Speaker 1: Oh mate, Well look apparently I can't stop ruining servers. You know, I'm ruining Epoch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I steal people's world first, I steal their loot. We kill the servers. Yeah, I've ruined Bronze Beard.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I just everything I touched turns the ship. We need Marcus here to give it to me.
Speaker 20: Oh he's in Kangaroo Court, that sucker.
Speaker 1: What's Marcus done? Should we start? Should we kick off this edition of Kangaroo Court?
Speaker 20: You're telling the story but oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, I know the story yours. Yeah, okay, we'll do a fun one that's not well related. But guys, please think up your Kangaroo Court stories right now, and I'll have to browse through the channel to read for people who aren't here before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of killing servers, I just mentioned how.
Speaker 1: You have to speak up. Maybe we can barely hear you. Merk.
Speaker 2: Let me flutter around with.
Speaker 1: All good all good, Yeah, try that to go for.
Speaker 2: It all right. Yeah. I was just saying that as a player base are killing Epoch. Bye. I want to run a quick question.
Speaker 3: All the people who trained, indeed one did a half two months of Epoch, how much money did you drop on the cash shop and in a couple of days that did much money.
Speaker 1: It's a fair question. I'm guilty. I'll throw myself under the bus. I spent zero dollars on the Epoch store, even though I gushed and gushed and gushed about it. I looked at the store, and I know it's about support. I looked at the store. There was nothing there I really wanted, so I never bought anything. And I sort of said, I actually said to the guys when they release a roadmap, I will buy something off the Epoch store. And that's kind of the holding pattern that I've been in. But then I am guilty. I fucking dove in on Bronze Beard and I was a day one purchaser. So like, I spent money on the store on day one, and I'm sure a fucking squillion other people did as well. And that's the point. So you're very fair to call people like me out for this, Merkshield, I readily accept all your fucking stones and barbs over this one. I think it's it's more than fair to call, like, you know, if you wanted Epoch to live, maybe you should have thrown some money behind it. That that's very fair to say. Please don't don't let me stop, you go nuts, call me you can't Mark do it?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 3: I think I hear a bunch of cuts from that, because, uh, what in the center are we giving.
Speaker 23: The ascension if in two days of their it's but it's more what even Epoch started puts.
Speaker 10: How do you know that the cashier spending on the Epoch shop is not going towards developing Bronze spirit since it's the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't. We don't know how it's done.
Speaker 18: I think I think the whole season desisting is made people like Josh says, just hold back just to see what Epok is doing.
Speaker 20: Because I'm with him. If they do release a roadmap of where it's going.
Speaker 18: I would be happy to just spend some money in the shop for amount or whatever like that, but I want to I want to make sure it's going to be there till Lizzard give us what we want.
Speaker 6: I just want to know how much money Brian's Beers made in the last forty eight.
Speaker 1: Hours, all the ridiculous, all the money. I fucking bet.
Speaker 5: You imagine how much it's made over the last year.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 20: What did you spend, Josh?
Speaker 1: What was that thing I spent? What is it that the I bought? So I bought the starter pack and a few professions, So I spent some money. I fucking dropped a hundred bucks. You know, that's fucking stupid money.
Speaker 20: And I've spent forty. So there's one hundred and forty with two people.
Speaker 10: First day there you go, oh yeah.
Speaker 20: It's crazy.
Speaker 9: I gave the money the Epoch. I'm just saying, no, then there's nothing.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong to give the money to Epoch. But like Epoch is in such a weird spot right now, Like I said, like at this point, we said last week on the show to address the itchier players on Epoch, a roadmap like does need to be dropped. I had a couple of weeks ago I was you know, he's sitting here saying to Vestige, mate, it's all fine, Like, you know, just play the game and have fun. You know, I don't need to be told about a roadmap, like it's all good. And then last week I said, all right, I might not need to be told about a roadmap, but there's a lot of people that do or they're going to quit. And this server is starting to be bleed players, and these guys need to realize that and release the roadmap now because most REMO players are pretty fickle. And now we're here a week later, still with no roadmap and Bronze Bee it out and it does start like, are you trying to kill EPOC on purpose? Like what is going on? Because if we're now, then you know, recording next week and the week after and the week after that, and there's no roadmap for EPOCH, Like it is like, what the fuck is going on? At that point? I've been chill to now, but I'm starting to, you know, grab the collar and go, oh, boys, like what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 13: I think they're not holding it back? What are the answers they don't have?
Speaker 19: They don't have a timeline because they don't have a depth case because because they didn't plan undeveloping this, they planned on just hosting.
Speaker 18: For the guys who aren't playing Bronsbeard or Methew and or whatever. If Epoch doesn't give you a roadmap and it's obviously looks like it's going to be on its way out.
Speaker 20: What will you do from there?
Speaker 5: Just not playing? I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Battlefield's coming out Voodoo Hey, badfood is I'm all for it.
Speaker 20: You guys are playing on playing?
Speaker 13: Yeah, what's coming out to looks decent?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 13: The fellowship just like dungeons, especially like dungeons, like wild dungeons.
Speaker 1: Okay, in all seriousness though, like if you do happen to be a Battlefield player, yell out in the countdown discord because I think there's a few of us that will be giving it a go.
Speaker 20: Let's get a squad together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Do you play Hell Diverse?
Speaker 1: I did when it came out when it was the rage, but I got over it pretty quickly. My wife loved it.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: It was very funny showing my wife Starship Troopers after she'd done the Hell Divers thing because she'd never seen Starship Troopers and yeah, yeah, yeah, and then fucking and then we watched the movie and she's like, hang on, and I'm like, yeah, where do you fuck? Where the fuck do you think all the inspiration came from?
Speaker 10: Good that you're doing your part.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, and she started recognizing all the lines and things like that. Yeah, it's funny, but yes, I'll probably give Battlefield a quick squeeze as well. I think Ubi and nephew Justin will be playing, Voodoo will be playing Best. Did your a Battlefield enjoy run?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I still I still play Battlefield three, still pull that up every now and then again.
Speaker 13: So did you play?
Speaker 20: Did you play B six Beta?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 13: I did?
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed it?
Speaker 20: Okay, Yeah, cool?
Speaker 6: It hit a lot of the spots that I think they missed the last couple of times. So I'm very much excited for it to see how it's going to go. And they've been very receptive of the feedback that's been happening with that, so I'm super excited to see what the finished product is going to be.
Speaker 1: But back to Voodoo's point, and I think this is what he's getting on and what it's fair to say for guys like Las, guys like Yak. You know, lads, you just said it, but I'll just have to say it again, like if for some reason, regrettably Epoch were to just go the way at the Dodo when they don't release the roadmap and they just let it die for whatever fucking god unknown reason, you would then not jump to Bronze Beard just for something to play. You just take a break from Wow.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I might give Charlo a shot or check it out, right, I might just play a battlefield.
Speaker 13: I probably Playattlefield, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Right you can thank for us in Battlefield, it'll be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't. I don't have to always be playing Wow, you know, and sometimes taking breaks from Wow makes me want to play Wow more. So it's okay if I take a break before.
Speaker 20: Well, have you heard of a game called Rust?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't like I don't like hard drugs. Yeah, I don't like playing video games with meth heads. Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: League of Legends.
Speaker 1: I'll give a quick shout out while we're doing a very small tangent. I know everyone knows about it already, and it got all the fucking applause that it deserved. But like, if you do like RPGs or you know JRPGs, if you haven't played Expedition thirty three, oh my fucking god, play.
Speaker 10: It it's it's I actually played it. I thought it was pretty good, but like after act two, I feel like it got very stale. I just I really enjoyed it was very It was just very save me it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't change much. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I thought the.
Speaker 1: Story was very, very, very good, even if it is just a fucking massive homage to Final Fantasy ten.
Speaker 10: But the story was super cool. It was just that the game, please got it got a little bit stale for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, fair enough, I know, I really enjoyed it. Anyway, if you like JRPGs, like you know, Final Fantasy seven through ten, all that shit, like, please play Expedition thirty three. But anyway, all right, guys, back to well unless anyone has anyone else got any random game recommendations for the Countdown crew if they're doing other shit.
Speaker 16: You have a few Sieve fans in here, don't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 16: Did you like the fucking new one?
Speaker 8: Seven?
Speaker 1: Seven? Sorry?
Speaker 13: Seven six?
Speaker 2: What is it up to?
Speaker 16: I think it's I.
Speaker 1: Think it's seven.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've watched a lot of I've not played it, but I've watched a lot of streams of it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, don't waste your time.
Speaker 1: But they say that about every sieve when it comes out, isn't it then it gets good later in the life cycle.
Speaker 16: I don't know a lot of them. I felt like I enjoyed straight away, but this one definitely not right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, has anyone dicked around with Smite Priest on Bronzebeard or not? No, not yet? That's okay, all right, Well, look, let's start to wind this one up. Guys, we're two and a half hours in. I will just say, if we didn't really say it, I should have said this at the top. If for some reason you do want to play with the Countdown crew on Ascension Bronze Beard, we are playing on the Malfurian server. A lot of people were fucking that up and rolling on Bronze Beard, but we're on the second the overflow server that they created Malfurian. There is no doubt that they will combine those pretty fucking quickly, so it won't matter in the long run. But that's just where we are for now. So come and join the guild, just, you know, try and find it.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: You can't slash who, so you'll have to find us through the discord and ask for an invite. We're trying to get as many people in as we can. Guys, it's just like I said something, we're dicking around with. Anyone got any final thoughts on Bronze Beard. I know we've kind of been a bit all over the place this one. But anyone want to say anything before we wind this one up that they really feel needs to be said.
Speaker 5: I have a kangaroo court.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, we forgot to do kangaroo court. Yes, please go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a bit of a long one.
Speaker 1: No, even better, I'll do it.
Speaker 10: Yeah. So, I Snacks stand before you to appeal unjust sentencing kangaroos.
Speaker 1: Lodging of an appeal. It's been done within twenty eight days of the charge, I believe, so I'll allow it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think so, Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. I stand before you today to appeal a great miscarriage of justice. I have been vilified by this court, sentenced for a crime I don't think I have committed, and I have been the victim of slander, libel, and my good name has been dragged through the mud.
Speaker 1: Go on.
Speaker 10: I was not even allowed to defend myself while I was sentenced nor were my legal counsel even informed of my sentence?
Speaker 1: Would you like to remind us what your crime and sentence.
Speaker 10: Was the lack of wind fury in a certain razor fundam m Hm. Murkshield was there, he's a witness. But I would say, after having confirmed with my legal counsel the honorable and most esteemed of the sweat lords, hideous John and in Shocks, as well as, of course the Great Elements themselves as an honorable shaman, and I cannot be guilty of a crime when no crime has been committed. Okay, well, for I ask you, is a man not in charge of his own destiny? Is a gamer not obligated to improve his own deeps?
Speaker 7: Would not.
Speaker 10: Or should not a competent melee dps inquire as to the whereabouts of the wind fury? For, as my most wise and competent legal counsel have informed me, is winter a privilege not a right? Is it not by the grace of the Elements that such powerful tools are bequeathed to those that are worthy? So I asked you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Is it not the mealies that are at fault?
Speaker 1: So I see you Let me know, this is a fantastic speech. You let me know when you're done, sir, and I'll jump in.
Speaker 10: I arrest my case.
Speaker 1: That was a right pretty speech, sir. I'm tended to move on to But I ask you, what is a contract? Okay? So you're saying to the cord that it is not a crime upon the caster to not cast a spell, but on the recipient of the spells effect to ask for it.
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay?
Speaker 8: Can I ask something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Can Snacks know the wind fury totem spell? And he's just feigning that, you know, they didn't get it because they didn't ask, but he actually didn't know it.
Speaker 1: Had you trained it?
Speaker 13: I had it?
Speaker 10: I had it on my bart Okay, all right, all right, okay, they got it for the last few packs.
Speaker 8: So just a selfish shaman.
Speaker 1: Then what were you dropping instead we dropping a different totem? Or does no totem at all?
Speaker 5: No totem?
Speaker 1: Oh had man, man, that's not looking good for you.
Speaker 9: I say so was in defense as well as an assassination rogue who has to run poisons. I told a shaman the other day to stop robbing wind theory because it was benefiting No one in the party.
Speaker 13: My point, my favorite was like Snacks is a better lawyer than he was a shaman.
Speaker 1: Ah, it does, it does fair. So let me see here. You're presuming the Malay players have the intellectual wherewithal to check what buffs they're currently benefiting from.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, I mean that.
Speaker 1: Seems to be painting the Malay players with a rather broad bush brush, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Do you have.
Speaker 10: That they should?
Speaker 13: I think.
Speaker 19: Melee players, but a limited capacity for reason knowl to take care of them.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm pointing at the Malay players. This is where I'm pointing at the Malay players, going like this is the classic. If those if those players could read, they'd be very upset right now.
Speaker 10: They could counter buffs, they'd be very upset. Yeah, because that's the thing. None of them even asked for it until I said, oh I forgot to do this thing, but I think it should be there. The responsibility, Oh this is an interesting one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw this open to the jury. Guys, talk amongst yourselves. Who's in the wrong here, the shaman who sits on his arse and doesn't drop the totem or the Malay for not yelling at him to do so.
Speaker 8: But what was the original accusation that he didn't give them win.
Speaker 1: Fury, But they went a whole dungeon with him not dropping wind fury until the very end.
Speaker 17: He didn't.
Speaker 8: He did do that though, right, You did have the dungeon with the injury, so you eventually started dropping it eventually.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know I know this, Like, okay, so.
Speaker 8: You went on. You went on a character arc. So I think you're not guilty now.
Speaker 2: As a witness, but you.
Speaker 8: Gotta you gotta scrap this attitude about it. You gotta be a generous shaman man. You can't people come to you for wind fury only that's like literally the only reason that your class exist. Get what the fucking program? Start dropping wind fury without.
Speaker 1: Being asked, Oh god you we're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so with it.
Speaker 3: I have to agree with Stacks that a little a damning piece of evidence was that the too Malie was two Hundon roams.
Speaker 1: That is a damning piece of evidence. And they had poisons on their weapons.
Speaker 5: I didn't I believe your honor, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think that's going to seal it. Actually, if there were two rogues in the in the party, who I have zero fucking doubt had poisons on and don't have the fucking wherewithal to not apply their poisons so that they can benefit from win fury. I reckon, I reckon. He's in the clear here, because it's kind of like, how can you have a crime without a victim?
Speaker 10: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I rule in Snacks's favor. Fuck it. We're were sending the previous charge, wiping it off his record, and sir, you can apply for costs at the next day.
Speaker 10: Oh likely, all right, I will have the twenty gold from the guild bank. Yes, that left.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he emoji replied to me the other day when I told him, go fuck yourself. We sent you back your money, you fucking prick.
Speaker 10: So that's where I was sending my what's the word in English for for damages? Is that the one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The damages? All right, so piece as well.
Speaker 2: We had it.
Speaker 1: Actually we hadn't the final chapter, hopefully if you will chapter in the story of the guy that we kicked from the guild where he I think it was easy who He was running an alt on epoch and in a low level dungeon, and he came across a person who was like, oh, hey, you're in countdown. Have you heard of player X who we kicked from the guild? And Easy was like, oh god, here we go. It's him, isn't it? Wait, Easy, are you here? No, that's a right, I'll tell the story. So he's sort of rather than engaging and going yeah, I know that guy, he just played dumb and went like no, no, I don't know anything about it. I'm just kind of chilling in the guild. And he goes, oh, countdown, Shit, they kicked this guy for depositing into the guild bank. He's still trying to fucking like, you know, a week or two later, go after the guild. These guys, it's like the guys from the world First Rate killed. They won't let go. They're very aggrieved people who avengeful nerd is a is a relentless nerd. I guess right.
Speaker 6: I would fury like a nerd scorn exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: But since I have now been vindicated in the court, I will have tok out and sleep soundly knowing that my name is cleared.
Speaker 6: Very good, very good.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for that, mate. Does anyone else have any kangaroo courts? From day one of bronze beard or anything on Epoch.
Speaker 21: Well you on kangaroo Oh, I'm.
Speaker 1: Always in front of kangaroo court, That's true.
Speaker 13: Someone in gild looking for a chance.
Speaker 1: What did I do this time, Lazarus started, is that I can. I can give them a crusader, Lazarus, did you want to read your fucking charge against me in kangaroo court? Do you want to go nuts?
Speaker 13: I want to pretty over the top here.
Speaker 1: I'll read it. I'll read it with the fire and armbstone.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lazarus, I'm nominating Josh for charges of server hopping, rug pulling, and abandoning the people he tricked into playing Epoch and then jumping ship to Ascension Reborns single handedly ruined Alkazan's EBox experience, which I mean quite frankly. All I can do is plead guilty. I think at this point, I think that's clear guilty. At the first appearance for the maximum discount around r br D, very good. Poor alccanne. I do feel bad for him. He's just gotten the sixty and he's ready to rock, and then all this shit started happening. But like we say, guys, I can't I can't emphasize this enough. If you want to raid on Epoch, if they announce a fucking roadmap, we will be raiding there. So don't feel like your time has been wasted. It's still fucking legit, all right, So guys, can I.
Speaker 21: Can I can I jump in because this was I can't go across on behalf.
Speaker 1: Of my name, so please, uh.
Speaker 21: I would just like to explain because I did a little rant today or yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 21: Saying that I just hated Bronze Beard, which I well, I tackally do because paid to win a ship. But imagine being me and finally get into sixty I worked like one hundred and twenty percent, So like, yeah, fuck yeah, I'm gonna play this weekend. I'm gonna do a lot of dungeons and I'm gonna have a lot of fun. And then last night I was alone. There was like zero people. There are a few people online leveling. There were like nine hundred players on the server. Getting a group was just not possible. I got one group that was so bad that I can't even explain it that they couldn't even kill barn.
Speaker 1: Parents, tough parents, a tough pause.
Speaker 21: It's not that hard.
Speaker 1: I haven't done it yet. I just go by what the others have said.
Speaker 21: But I was pissed as shit.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, mate, so you can you can. Now's your time out to give me all the shit that I deserve for also playing on Bronze Beard.
Speaker 8: I deserve it.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying not to be too fastiatious lay into me now.
Speaker 21: I mean, I mean, I get why you're playing it, I really do. I mean you're doing it because of countdown, and I get that. So it's I don't play. It's fine. But I've been having a lot of fun tonight. We got through a whole pard and I've been like spamming like Stratton now for like three hours, I think, So I'm loving life.
Speaker 1: I want those begs to fill. I told you guys, I rolled my Warlock on Epoch for PvP purposes, like primarily that's what I wanted to do. You guys know I'm not that much of a radar, but I'll raid with you guys, but I want a PvP and that's why I'm just like waiting for these battlegrounds to fill up. I'm like, come on, like, I want my ten D ten wars on goalches, where the fuck is everyone? And I keep, like I said, you know, I can't play an OCA Primes, but I'll play in NA Primetime. And I keep logging on, you know, every day the last week, and I keep getting these six v six's and seventy sevens and I'm like, no, no, no, come on, this isn't wars on Golch Like I want a ten B ten So hopefully that happens at some point. I don't know. I just I just want a PBP on my little lock.
Speaker 19: But anyway, Josh, yeah, can I give you some some crap sure tongue and cheap. It's just like the people who can't find a dungeon grip? Have you picked the server and been like, hey a lions, I play a lion soup. I'll get on and play against you in BG.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: The one thing that the Beg's have though, is you can just randomly cute so so like you know, if if it's like if you had RDF in the game and no one's queuing for RDF and then you do the slash one, like fucking healers, please queue RDF like you try and prompt some engagement there, but like I guess you could you know, slash one, slash two, Hey Tay sixty No, no, no, no, it's fair though it's.
Speaker 19: Been lot hair, but like we would we would do it, like I mean serious, like just wanted if you've clean the desk with everyone, people get on especially for you, like even like you know a lot of lines players in the guild.
Speaker 1: Oh up, I said, once we had about thirty sixties, I would love to do a ten B ten countdown Hoarde Alliance PG. That would be a lot of fun. So we should, Yeah, we should try and piece that together for sure? What was I going to say? Guys?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, the Marcus, the real quick the Marcus count kangaroo cord isn't that big of a thing. Basically, like I said, we went out to drinks and dinner the other night. Hideous John decided to join us. He was in town and fucking he just did the thing. Sorry, hang on, I'm just gonna need someone. Where are we anyway? Is that you do?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Basically, what we were supposed to be a dinner at six Marcus. We will get there and we're like where are you mate, and he goes, oh, I'm just getting on the train. I'll be about an hour off, so he was going to be like an hour eight when we the previous message from him was like, oh, I'll be there on time and easily. So basically Voodoo had to order him an Uber and he didn't even have Uber on his phone, and we're like, who doesn't have Uber on their phone in twenty twenty five, So Voodoo paid for an Uber for Marcus to get to dinner with us, and we just gave him shit. And anyway, that's kangaroo court for sure for Marcus for being a bookhead. But I think that's about it, guys. I am going to wind it up here because I do want to play Bronze bit as well. I've not really been playing this whole time. I was slightly dicking around with professions during that recording, but not really and I want to run some dungeons with you guys and have a bit of fun. So thank you so much to everyone, and we'll be back soon discussing more of this stuff. And thanks guys. I'll obviously stick around in voice chat, but I'm going to end the recording here. Thanks everyone, and that's the episode for today. Everyone. Thanks so much for listening to all of that. I want to thank the following amazing patrons who make all of this possible. I would not be doing the show if it wasn't for the contributions of these phenomenal people. Flozy, b Vucka, Evan Croxford, Odd k honey Bee, Wintersgate, Zorn, Grimoire, plays Are the Mighty Doloman, Jaron h Rengo, Garra vac Simile. Thank you, so so so, so so so much, you beautiful, beautiful people, and to all the five dollar, two dollars one dollar patrons as well. Guys, that's the episode for today. Go out there, go forth, play your private servers, go have fun, collect your ideas for feedback. You know that we can eventually send in and through this show to Blizzard's year holes to say what we like and what we don't like with the potential classic plus coming down the pipeline, and I will see you all in the next episode. Thanks so much everyone.
Speaker 10: Asser