Speaker 1: Welcome to October. What's up everyone.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Graham, a true crime podcast Morning.
Speaker 1: The following podcast content and material intended.
Speaker 2: For a mature audience.
Speaker 1: Listener discretion is advised. Is that a bit much?
Speaker 2: At? It was a lot? That was a lot.
Speaker 1: I am excited. It's October, it's creepy, spooky season, Halloween is here.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're a monthy ah, yes it is.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I love it?
Speaker 2: Yeah you do. Wow, morning, good morning. Apparently Ben is wide awake and I'm just waking up.
Speaker 1: Definitely. I just realized I'm like exhaling into my mic, so I gotta like change that position a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, welcome everyone. Hello, Hello, So hopefully you guys are all doing good.
Speaker 1: We've got some bombs we're dropping on you today.
Speaker 2: We lots of times have big bombs.
Speaker 1: Yes, we apparently do. And we're not just like chatty chatty this morning, because we are recording in a morning this time, not evening.
Speaker 2: Look at us.
Speaker 1: Go we legit have some shit we gotta drop for you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to drop the first one.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Okay, ready, Yes, so for Halloween, because I should actually be letting you announce it since you're like halloeen pumped. Oh what we're doing?
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: We're doing a week of Halloween, Halloween.
Speaker 1: Week, Hello week.
Speaker 2: If you literally from October twenty fifth to thirty first, there will be we'll be dropping a podcast of sorts every single.
Speaker 1: Day, every single day. You guys are gonna get something from us. It's not going to be like an episode that we always drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be like just little scary tales or something one day or whatever.
Speaker 1: It could be half an hour, it could be full hours. We'll see. But you'll get something every day for the entire week of Halloween, and of course the days leading up to Halloween, we're going to be doing some a little bit more Halloween appropriate themed podcast episodes. So that's cool.
Speaker 2: I know, I think I have one plan for sure, but I have to kind of research some more spooky tales, some.
Speaker 1: More spooky tales. Well today we got a good spooky tale, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: But we're dropping one other thing, we are.
Speaker 1: You go ahead, I'm blanking on what was it again?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Oh right, No, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it. Sorry, pad, maybe you aren't awake.
Speaker 1: We officially have our Patreon live. You guys have been bugging us like about Patreon and merch and lots of that stuff. Merch is still coming come down the pipe. It's probably gonna be next month. But our Patreon is live where you can go sign up, you can help support us, and you can get all sorts of kind of benefits.
Speaker 2: Little bonuses.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. The one bonus that isn't in effect yet is ad free episodes because currently all our episodes are ad free, but we will be implementing ads by the end of this month, I think around there, so that bonus will be kicking in very soon. And of course there's another bonus like behind the scenes content which is going to be epic and extra episodes. And this month everyone's been bugging us a lot for this one and I'm totally.
Speaker 2: Hyped to do it good.
Speaker 1: We are doing the first ever extra episode on over on Patreon only. It's going to be Drunk Wicket and Grim.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have to pay extra for that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Speaking of Drunk, Wicked and Grim, I'm doing Sober October this month with the exception of recording Drunk Wicket and Grim one exception.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you had that plan.
Speaker 1: I did have that plan for a while, and then about I don't know, a week and a half two weeks ago, I was like, I should just do sober October.
Speaker 2: Is sober October a thing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, is that like a month we're actually because I've heard it more so for January, not October.
Speaker 1: No, well, sober October because it rhymes. Oh okay, yes, sober October is a thing.
Speaker 2: People I think do it for January because they like drank a little bit too much over the holidays or something exactly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know this is a thing. I do know. You what's his name that Joe Rogan does sober October because he's like a big weed fanatic.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Oh, he does it for alkohol and weed or just alcohol.
Speaker 1: I think weed is his bigger vice. So he cuts up weed, but I'm sure he cuts up boos too, But it's just sobriety and in general, because we definitely like to indulge. I think we sound like we drink a lot more than we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like right now, I'm just drinking tea. I Okay. I actually I think you drink a little bit more than me. I do, but I do lots of times. I'll have it like a beverage in the evening or whatever, but definitely not every evening.
Speaker 1: I probably have a drink every evening, get home from work, crack a beer, but that beer will last me the rest of the night. And then of course recording a podcast, got a crack a beer.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so she like, I don't know, it's just because it's our chill time. We don't need a lot of chill time. So especially when the other person's presenting, then the person at me today listening, I'm like, I'm going to crack a drink and just enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's that's generally how it works. But we do not condone alcoholism or substance abuse. So that's why I am doing sober October this month for you. Ben feel good about it. Although I wanted to drink the other day and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been a few times where you're like, oh, are we were at a restaurant and they had a special and you're like, I could go for that, but nope.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean I can't have a drink still with the podcast, just not alcohol.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I have coffee today, so that's.
Speaker 1: Great, and maybe next time it'll be delicious chocolate milk something to help me relac U. Yeah, but those are the bombs, you guys. So head over to our Patreon. We will put a link down in the below the description of this podcast, so you can go check it out if you want and sign up, and we'd appreciate your support for now though, after that, we are going to dive into today's case. Yes, are you ready?
Speaker 2: There's some excitement for today's case. I'm into it.
Speaker 1: This is a crazy one crazy and.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: I know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: I don't care anything. Well, okay, maybe i've heard it. But the name of nothing rings a bell.
Speaker 1: Do you even know who slender Man is?
Speaker 2: Like? I don't? Which is I know bad? Really don't judge me?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then I wrote I wrote this podcast pretty good because I don't explain who slender Man is until much later on. So for those who do know slender Man in this case, buckle up because we're going to go on that crazy ride. And for you, Nicole, you're definitely gonna want to buckle up a little extra. Okay, so this is the slender Man stabbing of twenty fourteen. Now, I did find this little bit of a quote of a description of slender Man, and I'm going to start us off with this here. Okay, So slender Man is scary not because of what you know about him, but because of what you don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: With that being said, let's get into this. So the story takes place. I just realized I did not look up how to pronounce the name of this I've been writing it. I'm like, I got her to look up how to pronounce this. I never did look it up. Give me one second. I'm gonna pause this and I'm gonna YouTube it so I can actually pronounce it.
Speaker 2: Work.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got it, you got it. It takes place in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I was pretty sure that's how you say it, but I just want to.
Speaker 2: Double check right on. I like that, good for.
Speaker 1: You trying to try to try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is actually an example that we actually try.
Speaker 1: We do. We try, and we try, and sometimes a lot of the times we fail. But yeah, yeah, okay, So it takes place in Waukesha, Wisconsin, and it's described as a politic a politically conservative, and fairly bleak place by a lot of people. Okay, despite spot on a few quote unquote best places to live lists. So the downtown is marked by endless passing freight trains and a biker bar or two. There isn't like a lot really in the town. It seems like, especially for kids, there's not really a lot for them to do unless they like play sports and go outside, and a lot of them do.
Speaker 2: So is it a relatively small town?
Speaker 1: I think so. I didn't look at the population. We could take another break and I could look it up for that's so the kids basically tend to gather outside in like park areas, wreck areas and that sort of thing. There's not really many places for them to hang out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we have Peyton Lutner who was twelve years old. She had gone by the name Bella since apelled the first grade. We are gonna go by her given name, Peyton.
Speaker 2: I love that name, actually, so do I.
Speaker 1: And I made the choice of calling your Peyton. Like after I wrote all this, so I went through and renamed rewrote it as Peyton. So I may have Bella once or twice, and if I say Bella, my apologies, that means that means Peyton, though I'm pretty sure I got it. Okay, So she'd gone by the name Bellis it's about the first grade. We'll call her Peyton. Morgan Geyser had been Peyton's best friend since about the fourth grade. So these two are like two peas in a pod.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Both girls had similar interests growing up, and they grew into their lives side by side. They love cats, playing dress up. They would frequently dress up as cats at home and school.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: Peyton actually even drew whiskers on the back of her hand lots in admiration of the animals that she loves so much.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so cute.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit of that like purity for.
Speaker 2: You today, Okay? Is that gonna? Am? I gonna hate to know that at one point.
Speaker 1: There's a little fact about that, But it's not a hate to know it. It's it's a heartwarming fact about that. Okay, But you're definitely gonna it's gonna go downhill from here. About this case, Morgan was obsessed with Harry Potter. Her and Peyton would occasionally run through the school grounds, imagining Voldemort was chase chasing them. I can't talk today, I need more coffee.
Speaker 2: It is the morning, it is.
Speaker 1: That's better. Okay. Both girls had a very active imagination, but Morgan in particular would come up with many situations and characters to live through and pretend and play. Peyton was quite social and had a reputation as a people pleaser. Regardless, these were not the most popular girls in their middle school, which was Horning Middle School. They were in fact referred to by one of the parents actually as misfits and not girly girls.
Speaker 2: So okay, so what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Nothing's wrong.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be a girly girl.
Speaker 1: No, nothing's wrong with that. And maybe it's because they.
Speaker 2: Were just like they weren't bad behaved kids, were they by the sounds of it.
Speaker 1: No, No, they were just free spirits and they were.
Speaker 2: Their own people, beat to their own drum or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they walk to their owndrum. Yeah, And it could be just like their imagining, imagination, like they were so imaginative or some described him as maybe a little bit immature, but they were not interested in like boys or bands or trying out for what was like a really popular thing to do. I try out for the local dance team.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that honestly, that imagination will take them further in life.
Speaker 1: I feel like, definitely, Yeah, I mean that's that's me. I have a huge imagination. I even have a toy lightsaber replica lightsaber. I should clarify that replica lightsaber that you will find me spinning around lots in pretending I am a Jedi or Sith because it's awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can do that in the tiny home though, you would definitely wreck something.
Speaker 1: But now I have a wide forest out front of American From that's gonna happen one of these things. I have to look outside and it'll be dark and it'll just be me running out in the.
Speaker 2: Tree or something.
Speaker 1: Most likely this is this is the life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what you chose.
Speaker 1: So Morgan and Peyton continue to be best friends and mostly only having each other when in twenty fourteen they made it to the sixth grade. They talked on the phone every night about their days in school and all their imagination things that they had going on through the day and what they had to share it together. This year, though, things began to change a little bit. Morgan had made a new friend named Anissa Weir. Now Anissa actually lived in the same housing complex as Morgan as well, called Sunset Apartments on Big Bend Road, and she even rode the same bus every day. Anissa and Peyton knew each other, but Morgan was like the friend they had in common sort of thing. Okay, so if you were to ask both Anissa and Peyton, they would both say that, like, Morgan is their best friend.
Speaker 2: So okay, so it is.
Speaker 1: It's It became this group of three girls, but Morgan was the tie between the two, right.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all three girls were in their first year at middle school. Anissa and Morgan were socially isolated by this time in their life. They were kind of loaners, but friends with each other sort of thing, and again friends with Peyton. Peyton was much more open and she was considered to be a bit more of a social butterfly. Morgan even acknowledged that Bella's role in her life was literally her social lifeline. And there's a quote here from Morgan, she was my only friend for a long time. Ah, but this year she had a Nissa of course the new friend. Now. Anissa, like I said, was socially isolated as well, but she looked out for Morgan because Morgan was quite often a target for being picked on. I don't know how in depth it was, if it was like full on bullying or consistent bullying, but there was definitely situations of her like being made fun of or poked fun a little bit here and there, and Nissa would actually stand up for her. She would like make sure it stop sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, that is the age that I feel like a lot of bullying happens too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was one incident where she actually I'm assuming it's like in the arm because it doesn't say but and even like punched a boy and made him cry after he was making fun of Morgan. Good, so good for her. She's a bit more of that badass on the end.
Speaker 2: There love that stick up for yourself right and your friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta do thatta, Gotta do the right thing. And also, don't be a dick. Don't that's just not cool?
Speaker 2: Like bullies, No, they can fuck off. No kidding, Like, what's the point of that, There's just no point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding. So Morgan's birthday was on May sixteenth, and Morgan was turning twelve, and on Friday, May thirtieth of twenty fourteen, she had a birthday sleepover with her two closest friends and together the three girls attended to sleepover at Morgan's house.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So it was a good old jolly time as any girl sleepover. I'm imagining that they're in nineties and pillow fights because that's all girls ever do, and of course talk about boys in the film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what we do.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure of it exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, one thing about the town they do live in. There there is a skate land at least.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called, like skate park.
Speaker 1: It's an indoor roller rink. Okay, so it's especially popular on Friday nights apparently. So it's like picturesque like picture this. There's like a DJ who plays like the top hits. There's a constellation of like bright glowing disco ball lights on the floor. Everyone's rollerblading around the roller rink that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, that does sound really fun, except for that I don't like skate or like I can't do that. You can't roller sk sk skate, No, I.
Speaker 1: Can roller blade. I've never tried roller skates. I don't think that's actually where you have the four Yeah, yeah, the tandem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that may be a bit better than just roller skating.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe, I don't know, maybe it'd be harder.
Speaker 2: Who knows, who knows?
Speaker 1: People who've tried both, they know, Yeah, tell.
Speaker 2: Us what's easier. Maybe we'll try one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe. So as part of 's birthday, the three girls headed around there. I headed over there sorry around dinner time. Morgan's father, Matt, took the girls there, and he kind of played their chaperone for the evening. They had a good time in the left of the rink at about nine thirty, when Morgan said she wanted to leave. Okay, So back at Morgan's house. The girls continued their good time the goofedway the evening, giggling and passing the time on their laptops until eventually they settled down together and.
Speaker 2: Went to bed. I definitely didn't have a laptop at my I.
Speaker 1: Know, right at my slumber parties in twenty fourteen too, I mean, well, because I would have been a lot younger.
Speaker 2: I don't even think there was laptops when I would have had.
Speaker 1: That's about the track I was about to get on. I was I think twenty fourteen though, like it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, place it was like now it would be tablet had their tablets.
Speaker 1: With tablets and phones and laptops and computer and PlayStation and Xbox. Yeah. Okay, Okay, I do want to ask, do you have any idea where this case is going so far? Any clue whatsoever?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like something bad's going to happen to these girls.
Speaker 1: You think something bad's going to happen to the girls.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the only thing I can think of. Okay, that's the only place my head's gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are going to hate this story just an f way. Oh so, so the next morning, the girls woke up and they're having a good morning. One of them decided it was a fucking great idea for whatever reason, to crush up granola bars and stick them into silly putty and then fling it to the roof. Okay, so that's kind of sleep over there, haven't They were just having a good old grand time doing that's so random, right, And then they dressed. They played dress up and pretend like basically, cause play is basically what they were doing. Each of them were acting out their own character that they looked up towards and or imagined up. Morgan was data from Star Trek or data whichever way you want to say. I'm not a Star Trek fan. I do know the character, but I'm pretty sure it's data how people mostly say it. So she was data from Star Trek next generation. Peyton was a princess in a pink dress, all fun, and Anissa was a character of her own creation called a Prostatrol, which is quite inappropriate and uninteresting. Morgan even commented later that that's quite the quite the character. Yeah that is a prostatrol.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So after all that, they ended up having a nice breakfast of donuts and strawberries, which is a dope as fuck breakfast. I know what I want for breakfast on my next birthday.
Speaker 2: No kidding. Where do they get the donuts from? Him? Where they homemade or just spot?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'm pretty sure their parents are like, here's the here's a sick birthday.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they made her birthday pretty sweet. It sounds like a sweet birthday. It does like, can I have this or my birthday?
Speaker 1: Can we just have donuts and strawberries? Like every breakfast.
Speaker 2: I actually want to try to make donuts. I feel like that'd be super fun.
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you still don't mean, I know, but I have to make cheese kick next.
Speaker 1: I love cheesecake so much. You really do, I really really do. Okay, So, after eating what I describe as the breakfast of champions, all three girls headed outside and set off to a local park called Davy's Park. The park is a green, grassy field about the size of a city block, and on the way there, Peyton was walking ahead of Morgan Nissa as the two of those girls kind of agged a little bit behind her. It was in this moment when Peyton had her back turned to Morgan. Morgan pulled up the side of her black plaid jacket and showed a Nissa what she had taken from the kitchen, A long, thin kitchen knife, the kind you had used to cut up vegetables or like a steak.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, yeah.
Speaker 1: And a Nissa said this, I thought, dear God, this is really happening.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was then and there, all the months of their planning and fantasizing had come down to this day. Oh no, really, I'm just gonna let you soak this in for a moment.
Speaker 2: Well, how old are these kids? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Okay? Ah, you're just looking at me, and I like, I'm like, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: To Sayah, that's what you say?
Speaker 2: Lah? Oh okay, yeah, you're right. Okay, Well, maybe it's not gonna happen what I think. No, maybe they're gonna they're gonna do something bad someone else.
Speaker 1: Once at the park, they stopped at some public restrooms at the northeastern edge of the park, and it was inside that Anissa and Morgan attacked Peyton.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 1: Morgan lunged at Peyton and tried to restrain her, and Anissa kind of half assed pushed Bella's head against the brick wall. But in this moment, things fell apart a little bit. Morgan fell apart a little more specifically.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, this is like her best friend, I thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She let go of Peyton and began frantically pacing and singing inside the public bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so she has something going on here, and.
Speaker 1: Nissa took control of the situation told Peyton to leave the bathroom and go outside while she comforted Morgan. Now while comforting her, apparently she consoled her by petting her like a cat. And after a few more moments, Morgan and Nissa emerged in the bathroom and it was just as if nothing had ever happened.
Speaker 2: Did Peyton run home?
Speaker 1: Nope, Peyton was outside waiting for him. It was as if Peyton's like two best friends in the world and Morgan best friends for years, just never assaulted her, never attempted to assault her.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe she waited. I would have been like Pace.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I would have done that too, But like it's it's a tough situation, like and it's really hard to understand, like the psychology be kind. Why Peyton stuck around like beside her friends.
Speaker 2: Well, she obviously didn't super unsafe.
Speaker 1: Then, or maybe she was just like in shock, didn't what to do, okay, I don't know. Maybe it was like it could just be like the sheer trust in her friends. Maybe one theory is maybe she thought it was a little bit more of like imaginative imaginative play that she's used to that just went a little bit too far because they do act out scenes and have imagination. So maybe she just thought it went a little bit too far or something, huh. And like I said, maybe it was shocked. I think that's kind of my my theory. She just had like usion, Yeah, confusion and shock, like that didn't just happen like no, like it was an act, Like there's no way.
Speaker 2: So like the plan was literally that they were going to basically stab and kill her probably, but then Morgan for some reason got a conscience maybe Okay, I hope that. Okay, you just keep giving me the side and I'm like, oh my god, I'm just hear what you have to say.
Speaker 1: What you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going there for some reason.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't answer these questions yet. We will answer them.
Speaker 2: But honestly, this whole situation that's happening right now makes no sense for the title of this Well, it will, okay, it will, because that's why I'm just like, it's that's why I'm like mostly confused, I think, because it just doesn't Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to be going through the story of what happened and then into why it happened the way it did, So that's kind of how we're doing okay, okay, so stick around if you want to hear why and how and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Just stick around that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Do you have you ever watched that show? I think it was a Canadian cartoon show sticking around.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, they say that at the end of the just stick around. Yeah, at the end of like not the show, but like the intermissions, like we'll be back. Just stick around it just like flash.
Speaker 2: Flashback. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay. So anyways, that aside, where am I I was looking away from notes for so long?
Speaker 2: Out of the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, So we're not too sure why Peyton decided stick around, but she did. She waited outside the bathroom and she regrouped with the regrouped with her friends when they came out, and from there they simply decided that they were going to go play hide and seek. Yeah, so they decided, you know, far boundary of the park was a great spot to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, okay, well, I do actually feel like this shows Peyton's character a lot though.
Speaker 1: Definitely, you know, yeah, she's definitely got that stick by your friend's type attitude totally. So together they headed down to the end of Big Bend Road where the asphalt turns to gravel and at the dead end of the road by the woods. They decided that's what they're going to play.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Re mind you, these are like suburban type woods as well. They're like quote unquote woods quote unquote forest sort of thing. Okay, so it's like sparse trees with some shrubs and that sort of thing scattered about and not really like heavily trees with entangled bush and like high willows or that.
Speaker 2: Like not what we're used to like when I think about the forest.
Speaker 1: Yes, different, it's more like when you think about the movies and you see people like running through the bush because it's like fairly open like.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff. We can't just run through the bush.
Speaker 1: No, we have to like stumble for ten minutes to get ten feet through ours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so fucking thick.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's hard for them to make that. It's hard for us to make away from point A to point B, but it's a little bit easier for them now. Once they got there, they played the game of hide and seek. It began, and though it wasn't much of a game, it didn't last long, Morgan counted first, and A Nissa and Bella hid and A Nissa actually tried to tackle Peyton but couldn't hold her down.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, this isn't ending.
Speaker 1: It's not ending.
Speaker 2: Okay, Peyton, it's home.
Speaker 1: She do, she do, she really does. But it was at this moment that Morgan took out the knife out of its hiding spot and passed it to a Nissa, but A Nissa quickly refused it and handed it back, saying that she was too squeamish. All the while, Peyton was none the wiser of what was happening, as she was crouched down in the ground admiring some flowers, not paying attention to what was transpiring behind her.
Speaker 2: Oh this poor girl.
Speaker 1: So during the conversation between Morgan and Nissa, Morgan said, I'm not going to until you tell me to, then began to walk away, clearly frustrated. But after she had gone only about five feet, A Nissa stopped her in her tracks when she shouted, kitty now, gobilistic, go crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh okay, oh no no no.
Speaker 1: Frozen in her steps, Morgan's unforgiving voice replied with words that are nothing short of a fucking horror film. She said, don't be afraid. I'm only a little kitty cat. Oh And in that moment, Morgan turned and rushed towards Peyton with her NiFe, pushed her onto the ground. With the knife still in her hand, she brought it up and began thrusting it on top of her best friend, repeatedly into her chest, abdomen, arms, and legs, for a total of nineteen times. The knife punctured her stomach, her liver, her pancreas, and barely missing a major artery near her heart.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she didn't die.
Speaker 1: Well, not yet.
Speaker 2: Well, only this is just wild. Yeah, I feel like this. What's her name, Anista? Anissa is like a terrible influence. I'm not a man of her. I feel like she has to be a terrible influence to Morgan because Morgan and Peyton were friends and this person now is coming in and doing this. We'll get into that later too, Okay, dang, I.
Speaker 1: Coffee sip coffee break. Okay, So, in pain and in shock, Peyton was screaming. She screamed, I hate you. I trusted you, and in fact I trusted you was the last word she ever said. To Peyton. She tried to get up and walk away, get away, but she couldn't.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm confused. Who said that to Peyton? Morgan said that to me?
Speaker 1: Peyton said that to Morgan. So Peyton said, I hate you, I trusted you. Did I get the names mixed up?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think so, but I'm just clarifying. Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So Peyton, while being attacked, screamed that to her attacker Morgan, I hate you, I trusted you. That was the last word she ever actually said to Morgan. She tried to get up and walk or run away whatever she could, but she couldn't. She wobbled, and that's when Anissa took her by the arm and the two girls steered her deeper into the woods and told her to lay.
Speaker 2: Down, laying there's just an immense pain, ye stab confusely, I'm sure, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Brutal, like I can't imagine that situation, Oh I can't. And then being led deeper in the woods by your assailants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people that you trusted and we're your friends and you just had an awesome summer party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So laying their defenseless amongst the trees with these two supposed friends. Peyton laid there waiting for what was sure to be death with each passing breath. Morgan half heartedly tried to dress Peyton's wounds with a leaf before her Eninessa said wait here, we're going to go for help, and they fled, leaving Peyton laying bleeding on the forest floor. However, the two girls had no intention of going to get help.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Peyton, though, was not about to lie down and fade away. She began to crawl away through the forest, across the grassy forest floor, and eventually she came upon a nearby paved pathway.
Speaker 2: Oh please have there'd be someone help her.
Speaker 1: It was pure chance that he came upon her. If he didn't, the story may have a completely different outcome. A cyclist by the name of Greg Steinberg discovered the twelve year old Peyton laying on the middle of the bike path, covered in blood, a path that had actually been blocked off where there was not supposed to be anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so this rule breaker, thank you? Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There was a chained off pathway that he ended up going over anyways, and he came across Peyton.
Speaker 2: On the path goodness.
Speaker 1: He immediately called nine one one and began to comfort Peyton as he was able to confidently tell nine one one dispatch, yes, she's breathing. He stayed on the call with nine one one until they arrived on the scene and they were able to make They were able to take the terrified girl to the nearby hospital only four miles away. But during the time that Peyton laid there on the path, she was also able to tell who was responsible for her condition.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's nineteen stab woms. It's amazing that didn't kill her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she is very very lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah that she was even still breathing after all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Peyton was rushed to the hospital put into immediate immediate surgery for her wounds. And it was about five hours later and a few miles away, police ran into the suspects of the incident's.
Speaker 2: Incident, Dun Dum.
Speaker 1: They were resting in a grassy patch along the interstate of ninety four. The police approached them carefully, where that these maybe the girls they were looking for, but their age caught the officers off guard. How could two young girls this young be suspect of a stabbing one of them noticed on Morgan's clothes, of course, blood, so he asked if she was injured. She said no, and he said where did the blood come from? And Morgan said, I was forced to stab my best friend?
Speaker 2: Okay, why was she forced to do? Tell?
Speaker 1: We're not going to tell quite yet on why yet. We're still getting into it. You're going to be finding out why, who, how, everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because right now, like this is just not making a lot of sense. You know it makes sense, well, I know it will, but it's like, right now, I'm just like, come on, like, what the heck's going on here? I need more details.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, we're going we're playing it out first, the why and all that's coming up. So after their arrest, over the course of nearly nine combined hours of interview, they claimed they were compelled to kill their best friend by a monster they encountered online.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, I never okay, sorry, I never went there. I didn't go there at all.
Speaker 1: Really, no, holy So what's going through your head right now?
Speaker 2: That they were probably just like in some weird chat room or something, in some nasty mofo murderer, dude is like taking advantage of these young girls.
Speaker 1: Well no, but I mean in a sense, you're not far off in a sense.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't even them. Okay, here I was blaming that one new girl, and I was like, I don't like her, but okay, I might eat those words.
Speaker 1: Uh no, you're not gonna eat those words. She was definitely involved in this, so okay. So when the police actually discovered the girls, they were in fact making their way too, said Monster. They were heading to Wisconsin's Nicolette National Forest on foot, which is almost two hundred miles away. Morgan and Aissa, for whatever reason, thought he'd lived there in a mansion, so they had packed granola bars, water bottles, and photos of their families to remember them by.
Speaker 2: Oh so they're like peace in out our town to go meet up with this dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because though they were both very young, they had been chosen for a dark and unique destiny that none of their classmates could possibly understand.
Speaker 2: According to them, huh oh wow.
Speaker 1: They were convinced that once in the forest where this being lived, they pushed far enough into the seven hundred thousand acre forest, they would find the mansion where he lived, and he would welcome them in. The Monster in question is, of course none other than the dreaded slender Man.
Speaker 2: And surely he does not live.
Speaker 1: In a mansion, or surely he does not live at all. I mean he's an urban legend. Oh okay, I've proven false urban legend. Like we have his history, which we're going to go through right now. So it was on June tenth of two thousand and nine, on a comedy website called Something Awful, a user by the name of Victor Surge whose real name is Eric Knudsen, posted a pair of doctored images depicting a tall, dark figure standing behind unaware children and explains they were supposedly found in a library of small town. Now, through discussions and more photographs that were.
Speaker 2: Like, what is your mic kind of from your face?
Speaker 1: I don't know at my levels? Good? No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry sorry, Well it's just like seemed like you're echine away. So I was just like making sure, no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: So, through discussions more photoshopped images, the forum solidified that the features of the creature known as slender Man was faceless, and that was nearly constant through all these discussions. He typically wore a black suit and sometimes had tentacles growing out of his back. He would abduct children, and death, commonly involving mutilation, would be sure to follow.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: The character seemed to take an instant grab the attention of the Internet and propelled them into the dark corners of lore and legend. His tall, faceless being was something that unanimously creeped anyone out who came across his story, only feeding into the hold, his hold that he had on their minds. Okay, so, and that's where what you don't know about him really creeps people out, because he has completely blank faced, just nothing on his face. This tall, slender, like by tall, I mean like ten twelve fourteen feet Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was thinking like seven feet six feet tall.
Speaker 1: And of course, like his height varies depending on a lot of people, So I mean it could be taller, it could be a little bit shorter, but very skinny, very slender being in a just black suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So eventually a web series called Marble Hornets was released. It's a low budget collection of films posted to YouTube which I have not watched yet, but I want to watch. It's been something on my list for a long time. They were shot with a cheap home video camera and soon becomes evident that slender Man was stalking the filmmaker. Following more and more growth of short films and doctored images, the video game called Slender later named as Slender the Eight Pages, was released, propelling the legend even further, and finally even a Hollywood movie being released in two thousand eighteen titled slender Man.
Speaker 2: Oh seriously, I haven't even heard of that. No, No, have you watched that?
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet, Okay. I was waiting for it to come out. I'm like, ooh, I want to see this, and then I heard mixed reviews and I.
Speaker 2: Was kind of like, is it like a horror movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's horror okay, and that's kind of like I don't know if I want to watch it. And then I just never did watch it, So I will watch it eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to watch it, definitely.
Speaker 1: So today, slender Man is an urban legend of myth, proven myth because we know exactly where it came from and who created him, right, but many people claim to have encountered him in and have photograph proof of him. But one thing is for sure, if you find yourself in the forest area park, you might want to be wary of who is following because it could be slender Man.
Speaker 2: Great, because we don't have enough to be wary about.
Speaker 1: Right, especially when walking through parks low night, Yeah, trees and forested areas. But that now, if you do want to summon the creature known as slender Man for whatever reason, there is a ritual that you can do to summon him. So step one. It works better at night, So you go out at night, of course, of course always Step two you go into the woods and you carve a circle into a tree and put an X through it. You press your face gently against a tree and close your eyes. Step three, chant slender Man, slender Man. All the children try to run. Then you repeat, keep chanting that and four turn around.
Speaker 2: Oh oh gosh, that's actually a pretty easy one that to do, though it is, but.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you're not going to find yourself a slender Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if you ever see like a circle with a what is it a cross? Yeah, it's a circle next through it, then you know someone is that's interesting. Actually, I want to go do some of those around town.
Speaker 1: You want to do it? Just the ritual, just like carbon there's kids out there probably done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: By now, slender Man is definitely not at his peak popularity. I would say probably was at his peak popularity Man probably around when the video game came out, which I think was like two thousand and fifteen, fourteen something like that, which is right around when this story is taking place. Anissa had actually admitted to introducing Morgan to slender Man on the website Creepy Pasta, which is you know, creepy Pasta. No, but it's like a website for creepy stories and forum discussions and stuff, okay, And she introduced her to this around October of twenty thirteen when they first met, right at the time, all girls were in their first year at middle school. Anissa and Morgan were, like I said, socially isolated, but Bella was more of an open social butterfly. So it gave a connection for Morgan and Anissa to kind of build the relationship through this newfound slender Man. I repeated something here. So when Morgan was shown slender Man from Anissa, she immediately thought that she uncovered quote unquote it's true identity. Through her life, she had been plagued by a figure that would follow her and watch her. She would even see it standing behind her in mirrors at times. Now, this figure she's sworn to have seen in person had a name because of Anissa, she knows its name, she knows its agenda, and it was clearly going to kill her.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. That so Morgan had basically seen this figure earlier on.
Speaker 1: Yes, she had seen something, and she is now identifying.
Speaker 2: It as a slender Man, which is terrifying.
Speaker 1: Definitely worried that slender Man is now after her and would return, this time with the tentacles which is often depicted out of slender Man's back, and then generally how he attacks you, oh girls. She confronted Anissa, and, according to court documents, Morgan told a Nissa she recognized slender slender Man, sorry and all the things she had seen like in her life. She'd seen this personally, She'd seen it throughout her throat growing up, and A Nissa believed her, and A Nissa told Morgan that she knew slender Man personally as well.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So together the two decided that they could stop him from killing her and her family. They just needed to make a sacrifice. Of someone h someone Morgan loved, someone like Peyton.
Speaker 2: Wow, So she was doing this to protect herself and her family?
Speaker 1: Yes, because she believed slender Man was after her.
Speaker 2: I guess is not a terrible motive.
Speaker 1: Not a terrible motive. You're right, it's not. But it doesn't make it Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, Oh gosh, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna have a quick sip of cofee talk for a moment.
Speaker 2: Oh well, no, you're leaving mess at this cliffhanger? What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 1: That was perfect?
Speaker 2: Okay? But what I did have a question for you? What the heck was it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it left me. It will come back, Okay.
Speaker 1: So, over the next few months of meeting Anissa, her and Morgan's friendship grew over their bond of isolation and obsession with a monster. Like I said, I.
Speaker 2: Remember the question, Okay, go ahead. Did I wonder if pet or maybe I'm this is skipping head, I have no idea. But did Peyton have any idea that Morgan was seeing these like weird visuals?
Speaker 1: I wonder No, not as far as I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was my question.
Speaker 1: So they began to develop fantasies of living with slender men.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would just be awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the two planned that in killing someone and making this sacrifice, they would actually become his proxies. They would become kind of like his, his left hand men kind of thing, not necessarily men, you know what I mean. Yeah. Eventually they agreed that the person would be Peyton, that they would kill and they would stab her on May thirtieth, at Morgan's twelfth birthday party. That was the plan. By this time, the planning had been going on since December, making it six months of premeditation.
Speaker 2: That's like a really long time.
Speaker 1: And during this time they used code words so no one would know what they were up to.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: Terms like cracker was used for both knife and killing, and camping trip was used to describe their escape plan. So when the day finally arrived, however, plans changed from killing Morgan or sorry, from killing Peyton at Morgan's birthday party. Bye, this was the original plan. By taping her mouth shut, then cutting her neck with a knife, oh while she slept, and then leaving her under the blankets to make it look like she was still sleeping while they run from there, they apparently read in line that it's easy to kill someone while they're asleep, so it was perfect opportunity.
Speaker 2: Did they attempt that.
Speaker 1: No, they never did attempt it. Plans change from that to going out to the park where they would do it the next day instead, and while we know how it played out from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they did intend to just leave. Are they were intending to leave Peyton there and hoping that she just died from her wounds? Basically?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So in the time since their arrest, Morgan has been examined by multiple psychiatrists and psychologists who concluded that she was clearly mentally ill and most likely schizophrenic and extremely rare diagnosis for a twelve year old, and there is no evidence of any malingering, which is a term psychologists use for quote unquote faking it. So her disorder is what had her seeing things at a very young age.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I was thinking was happening.
Speaker 1: Even as a young child, her parents reported Morgan having issues with ghosts pulling in her hair and.
Speaker 2: Bed, so this had been going on a while.
Speaker 1: This has been going on for quite some time, and now being introduced to slender Man, Morgan had something to say that this is what's causing it and a reason for her being so terrified and going so far to try and stop it.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, So did her parents had previously tried to get her help?
Speaker 1: I wonder, No, they kind of brushed it off. Mostly it didn't seem like it was anything other than her extremely active imagination to say. Yeah, so, and I mean she did well in school still, so like she had above average IQ good grades, that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, if if it had been affecting her school, they definitely probably would have taken more action.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah, and there was, Like I said, there's nothing more to show that it was something as far as mental health rather than just an overactive imagination for a young kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Morgan and Nissa did not yet know that Bella actually, against all odds, had survived attack. Her surgery was successful, and she was expected to make a full recovery with her family by her side.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Though, doctor John Kelman, I think, is how you say his name has a quote here that says, if the knife had gone any farther, sorry this I added any farther. So here's his actual quote, if the knife had gone the width of a human hair further, she would not have lived. Holy hat, that's how close it was to piercing the artery by her heart.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's like amazing luck.
Speaker 1: Then hey, yes, so I do want to say that Peyton for crawling out of the bush, the bush at twelve, at twelve years old with nineteen stab wounds, surviving this whole art deal. And we talked a little bit more about Peyton at the very end, she is badass of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, even the fact of that she was first attacked in the bathroom and then didn't leave, Yeah, like just waited for her friends, Like just shows that she's incredible. So I would have been gone for sure.
Speaker 1: So there are some more testimonies for Morgan's mental health other than what we've already talked about. Morgan's teacher, Missus Whedenbaum, I think he's, like you say the name, was concerned enough to talk to Morgan's mother about her behavior in January, as Morgan actually was even briefly suspended for bringing me a hammer to school as well. Okay, her eccentricities, I guess is the best way to say it. Just kind of we're played off as being just just that, just she's eccentric, the act of imagination, So there's not a whole lot that one can really say would have predicted what happened. During questioning, however, Morgan did recall and described the incident as quote unquote stabby stab stab stab. I didn't feel like anything while she was making vague, loose stabbing.
Speaker 2: Gestures with their left hair best friend.
Speaker 1: She said it was like air, and she also went on to tell police it was weird that I didn't feel any remorse.
Speaker 2: Very weird. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're stabbing your best friend and you feel nothing but air or something wrong, no remorse, and describe it as stabby stab stab stab, that is fucked up. Oh just a little so yeah. Immediately following the incident, the two girls were tried as adults as they were found mentally competent of their actions, even Morgan. They spent four months in juvenile detention center awaiting their trial. Okay, August first, a judge declared incompetent to stand trial after two doctors testified of her mental state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the other girl had nothing wrong with her then, hey, or no mental issues or anything that came up.
Speaker 1: Uh, no, not really no.
Speaker 2: Which is interesting. Yeah, so she should have been saying something, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So Morgan worked out a plea agreement with the prosecutors in which she would avoid trial and pleaded guilty to attempted first degree murder of intentional homicide, but that her mental illness was the cause. So she is currently serving a maximum of forty year sentence at a mental health facility.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Actually that's a long time.
Speaker 1: Where Nissa pleaded guilty to being a party to attempt second degree intentional homicide and was to serve up to twenty five years in a mental health facility.
Speaker 2: But technically she also was the one that was like told we're going to do it, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know she was. But she didn't technically do it though, either, which is why I think the sentence is a little less.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: She didn't swing the knife, true, she was involved, but she didn't stab anyone.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So those are the sentencing. However, are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, am I.
Speaker 1: In March of twenty twenty one, a Nissa had put in a request from the court or to the court to release her from her institution.
Speaker 2: Which is not very many years after the incident.
Speaker 1: At the hearing, Judge Michael o'burne, I think is how you say. The name requests are accepted in NISA's request, agreeing to the recommendations from three doctors who evaluated her and said that she did not pose a threat to her or her to herself or others. She was released as of September thirteenth, twenty twenty one, which is only four weeks ago as of releasing the tests.
Speaker 2: And how old would she be?
Speaker 1: I think nineteen right now? What? Yeah, So, Anissa Weir has been released and is now a free individual, and Morgan is still in her facility and she was named facilities supposed.
Speaker 2: To be getting like twenty five years up to.
Speaker 1: She wasn't supposed to be getting it, but she was supposed to be getting up to. Holy heck, you're good.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just like, that's quite an incident, and that's really she's still quite young, and okay, hopefully that's okay, because honestly, that age, though nineteen, is still susceptible to like being manipulated kind of right. Oh yeah, sure, So I feel like I hope that that this doesn't I don't know I just think she could easily be manipulated again to doing something bad, because that's really not very much time to work on yourself, really, when you doing such a bad incident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, though, I don't think she was manipulated to do this, just to clarify that, because you said that she could be manipulated to do something again, she wasn't.
Speaker 2: She tagged along though, and she didn't. She didn't say anything was wrong when what they were doing was clearly very wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, for sure. But I just want to let make it clear that Anissa and Morgan didn't manipulate each other. They built off each other. Well yeah, so one did not make the other do anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I guess I'm trying to say, she finds a partner that's into really bad shit, say right, yeah, and just goes along with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I just think that's not enough time.
Speaker 1: But well a lot of people agree with you. A lot of people agree with you, So so we're gonna move on to a bit of Peyton here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Peyton has made a full recovery since her attack, though she said she still wary of making new friends and has trouble sleeping. Man can imagine, right, and she had trouble sleeping alone for the longest time. So at nineteen, she is expected to be in university. Inspired by what happened to her at the age of twelve, she wants to pursue a career, a career in the medical field. Nice Peyton has also made it clear that she never wants to see her attackers ever again, but she has actually thanked Morgan, saying this is a quote from her just because of what she did. I have the life I have now, I really like it, and I have a plan. I didn't have a plan when I was twelve, and now I do because everything that I went through.
Speaker 2: Oh that give me goosebumps, Like, holy fuck, it takes amazing Hey, and now she's probably going to be a doctor or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definite badass of the day totally.
Speaker 2: But I also wonder how this is affecting her with that one person being released.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I imagine not too great. Yeah, the last statement she gave were actually in twenty twenty. So yeah, though I believe there are some statements out there from her family on a Nissa being released. But I didn't want to get too much onto that. If you want to look it up, feel free totally. Uh so continue to continue her absolute badassery. She went on to say, I've come to accept all my scars that I have. It's just a part of me. I don't think much of them. They will probably go away and fade eventually.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that. She'd probably had some gnarly.
Speaker 1: Scars going on it most likely.
Speaker 2: Wow, but that would just like really, I mean, you'd have to do some work and stuff, but imagine like looking at yourself or whatever and seeing all those and like that you survived. Like just wow, I'm freaking amazing. Like eventually you'd have to get to that point, because that's.
Speaker 1: Incredible, and I think Peyton is absolutely amazing. Yeah yeah, so good on you, Peyton for being absolutely amazing. And holy shit, that was one hell of a story to research.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: I've heard of this story a few times before researching, but getting into some of the psychology of it, I had no idea of the schizophrenic tendencies of Morgan, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: So I wonder how she's how she's doing though, Actually, you know, it'd be interesting to just see how she's doing.
Speaker 1: I would imagine now that she's diagnosed medication medication, having a psychiatrist with her working on it, she's probably doing a lot better.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can imagine. I'm just curious how if the remorse has come back, you know, or not back, but if she now feels the remorse knowing what she did in that state sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I I would probably guess she does feel remorse for it. Yeah, because I mean, her intentions were to do good and there was one thing. Oh, actually a couple of things that I wanted to talk about here that I didn't have a note. I guess Morgan, when doing the stabbing, was whispering into Peyton's ear, I'm so sorry while she was doing it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so.
Speaker 1: She clearly did not want to do it. She was clearly doing it to preserve herself and her family. Yeah, so had that good intention, good motive.
Speaker 2: And outside of her family, she didn't really have any friends or loved ones. Yeah right, so had to almost be Peyton.
Speaker 1: So now that she knows that there was nothing there for her to know reasons for that to happen, I'm sure she's feeling remorse for what she did to her best friend. Yeah, and then one other thing I wanted to touch on actually after the incident, before Peyton returned to school, classmates and everyone had heard of this incident clearly and knowing Peyton that she was a social butterfly. She have whiskers painted on her face or back of her hand lots, she loved cats. Right, the school was going to on the day she returned, everyone was going to paint whiskers on their face for her.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are you serious.
Speaker 1: Which totally good intentions. However, the teachers quickly shut that down rightfully, so after Morgan was saying, don't be afraid, I'm just a little kitty cat.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so that could have honestly actually terrified her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your intentions were totally good, totally great idea. However, yes, the kids do not know what Morgan said and the implementation that could have on recovering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I see the intention, and I forgot about what she said because that would have been adorable. But yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: So that is the case of Peyton and the slender men stabbings.
Speaker 2: Wild. That's wild.
Speaker 1: So we're going to get in some creepy ass fucking weird cases like this for the rest of October and of course Halloween week hitting upset.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's going to be so fun.
Speaker 1: Makes you look us up on Patreon for Wicked and Grim of course her Instagram and Wicked and Grim and Facebook is.
Speaker 2: I don't know Wicked and Grim? Okay? Well, I was like, is it something different because you're you looked at me like you almost didn't know, and I was like, supposed to.
Speaker 1: Remember, Well, I was just trying to include you.
Speaker 2: It's all Wicked and Grim. It's Wicked great, easy to find, easy peasy, and we're caught.
Speaker 1: Up on messages now too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's good. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: So we look forward to talking to you guys for the rest of October and of course all of Halloween until next episode.
Speaker 2: I think you got to deal with your voice, the voice you started, which I gotta remember what voice. It was, spooky like stay Wicked? Was that it pretty close? I think? Okay, not bad? Ten and ten out