Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Damn Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Thursday night. You're a Los Angeles Dodgers, seventy nine and fifty four on the season, first place, a top the NL West, best record in baseball. After a sweep of Seattle to start this homestand then taking two or three from the Tampa Bay Rays, the Dodgers look to finish off the Orioles tonight in the rubber game of this three game series. Bobby Miller on the mound, first pitch, coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vasego's one on one with Mookie Betts. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from ta Oscar Hernandez coming up, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and hear from Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Well, last night was Otani's nights, no doubt about it. Show Hey Otani, bobblehead night, all out crowd decoy.
Speaker 3: His dog delivered the first pitch.
Speaker 2: Then Show himself delivered with the bomb in the bottom of the first.
Speaker 4: Still one and two on Old Tani. Here's the pitch, Yeah, show Hey, that's a high fly ball right field on the trek. Is Santan there and this ball's gone. It's a leadoff bomp for show Hey, Old Tani on his bubblehead night, and it gives the Dodgers they won nothing lead.
Speaker 2: His forty second of the season, forty second home run of the season for show Hey. Dodgers up one to nothing. Walker Bueller got the start in the right hander. He's been a little shaking in his previous starts last night, ran into trouble in the top of the second. Oils touched him up for three runs, including the James McCann RBI single. Dodgers were down three to one and the third. Dodgers got some help though Key Key Hernandez reached base on an air show Hey singled Mookie Bets then delivered with an RBI single. Dodgers down three to two two batters later, two on two out for tay Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 5: That's one hard let Field. It deep and right out of here. Ta Oscar Hernandez lotch just a go ahead home run half way up the pavilion at let Field is twenty eighth of the season and the Dodgers will take a five freely.
Speaker 2: A three run home run for tay Oscar Hernandez is twenty eighth of this season. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers with four runs in the third inning take a five to three lead. Walker Buehler with the lead, put up a zero in the fourth and the fifth, he had a two out walk which came back to bite him as Rhino Heard then hit an RBI double score in a run, making it a five to four Dodgers lead. The Dodgers got that run back in the bottom of the inning thanks to some Baltimore Airs. Dodgers up six to four. The Dodgers bullpen they'd come up big last night and they have to carry a heavy load. As Walker Buehler went the four and a two third innings, Bonda Brasier Vesia Phillips with the eighth and then Michael Kopek came in and got the save in the ninth Dodgers bullpen last night, four to third shutout innings. They were huge. Dodgers beat the Orioles six to four. Dodgers now seventy nine and fifty four. They remained in first place atop the nl Wes, three games up on the Diamonbacks, four games up on the Padres. Tonight, Bobby Miller on the mount of the final game of this series, final game of this homestand first pitch coming up at seven ten and with more we head out to the Gallalpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, all right, tim the rubber game of the three game series between the Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles. The Dodgers sixty four winners last night, entering play tonight at seventy nine and fifty four, three and a half in front of Arizona. The Diamondbacks lost today at home to the Mets three to two. The Padres lost today as well. The Cardinals beat him four to one, and so the Dodger lead over the padres is four and a half and entering play tonight, the Dodgers at seventy nine and fifty four bow have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 7: And they've done it in very fine fashion. And you talk about fashion, how about last night the show, Hey o'tani, the second bibblehead of the season, his dog presented the first pitch, if you will, and then for show o'tani the fourth pitch that he saw in the ball game hit a home run. You talk about the timing that was exactly in his forty second of the season. You know a guy that gets overlooked in his lineup, Tascar Hernandez came up to the big three run home run last night. I mentioned that because if you look at Hernandez talk about being overlooked. Since July and into August, you look at those two months. To Oscar Hernandez at runners and score position has hit four thirty five. He's in there again tonight in the number three spot.
Speaker 6: He has an ops of eight seventy four over the last twenty three this month, he has done everything under the sizeable radar of that o'tawni fellow the dog day afternoon.
Speaker 7: The other thing that he's done too, Charlie, is he's thrown out. If you look at the last two years, he has thrown out fifteen base runners. So guys can't take liberty with his throwing arm. It's going to be another night that Freddy Freeman is not going to be playing. Dave Robers was addressing that with the media here this afternoon. He could be available tonight coming off the bench. They full well expect him to be in that lineup tomorrow night, game one of that four game series in Arizona against the Diamondback That's.
Speaker 6: How big the series is. This week in four game wrap around set with the d Backs in Phoenix. Well, we're going to take a look at tonight's pitching matchups a little later on. It's going to be Kate Povich one up, six down with an eers six y ten gone for the Birds, Bobby Miller, the Dodgers keeping their fingers crossed, one in three at seven forty nine era pitching matchups coming up a little later on.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now. It's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You'll hear from the manager, Dame Roberts. You'll hear from Mookie Betts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Teoscar Hernandez, who had a big home run last night. Lean you up to Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night. First pitch is seven ten. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Newe.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night, final game of the home stand, final game of this three game set again to Baltimore. Bobby Miller on the mound. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the otanis rewind, still one too on Oltani.
Speaker 4: Here's the pitch and show Hey, let's a high five ball right field on the trek. Is Santan there and this ball's gone it's a leadoff bomp for show. Hey Oltani ky k takes his lead. Now the two to two pitch, Hernandez stays and Otani rope So base hit in the right field over a leaping Jackson Holiday. He's going first pitch and mcid's not gonna have a throw. It bounces off the net. Mookie Betts was waving at Oltani to go for third. M kid struggles to pick it up on a warning track, and Otani does take third.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani two for four last night, a home run, two stolen bases. He's now at forty two home runs and forty two stolen bases.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Show Hey has ten home runs in fourteen stolen bases in the month of August alone. The only other player in Nation League history to reach both those marks in a single month Carlos Beltron August of twenty oh four, Yes, twenty years ago, he had ten home runs and sixteen stolen bases in the month of August. Show Hey still got three more games to pass that record. O Tani rewind brought to you by Eto ins Ola, Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea that Show Hey Otani loves and drinks available to local diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's etoin dot com.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night, ta Oscar Hernandez had the big hit. It was a three run home run as the Dodgers come back and beat the Baltimore Orioles, and afterwards ta Oscar caught up with David Vesse.
Speaker 8: The man that came up with the biggest swing of the night was ta Oskar Hernandez, a go ahead three run home run and a four run third inning against Cormyn Burns. Of all people, tail that had to feel good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, matter who's pitching. Uh, it feels good because I put the team ahead, you know. Yeah, Uh, the most important thing is that we get the win.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 9: It was a big moment, big swin I think he made. I think it was a mistake from him. I don't I don't think he wanted to throw that curve over there, but he left it over the play and I want to go to a on it.
Speaker 8: Hey, Oskar, we're deep into the season. I think you've proven what you can do. What is it about you in those situations that you're able to deliver?
Speaker 9: I don't know, man, it just it's always come come to me. Uh, It's always happened to me in those big situations, big moments of the game. I don't know. I'm not trying to do much. I'm trying just to do the things that I know I can do here and just try to do the things going for the team.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like the team is starting to play their best baseball?
Speaker 9: We've been playing pretty good. You know. We lost a couple of games uh here and there, but that was the way the game is.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: We're just trying to go and keep going, uh and just win a strong Have you.
Speaker 8: Ever met the dog before? Oh, Tani's dog before tonight?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I saw him before I saw it. That was a good job by him.
Speaker 8: Decoy brought you good luck to Oscar Hernande us with the biggest swing of the night. Thanks a lot for stopping. We walked in together, we'll walk out together.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you. Good shaving it.
Speaker 3: There's Tay, Oscar and David last night. Dodger fans and hands.
Speaker 2: You're listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powers by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll check out with David Veasse of course throughout the show, but up next your injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Orioles.
Speaker 2: First pitch of seven ten I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Orioles, says Marongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck continues.
Speaker 2: We lead you up to first pitch on this Thursday night, Moronggo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good times. Bobby Miller on the mount, Kin Povic goes for the Orioles first pitch at seven ten ks.
Speaker 12: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman not in the lineup hairline fracture in his right middle finger. He is resting in day to day. Austin Barnes activated off the injured list today. Hunter Producia goes back to Triple A, Oklahoma City. Tyler Glasnow on the il, Bruce Dark ratterol working his way back from the right hamstring strain, Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the I L with the strained rotator cuff, and of course River Ryan, Dustin May, Kyle hurt Imache, and Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 3: All out for the year.
Speaker 2: All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 13: Anything else?
Speaker 8: Dave Questions for Dave?
Speaker 13: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 10: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 13: He's doing better today.
Speaker 10: He's told me that the fingers still broke, so that hasn't changed. But he's gonna My expectation is he'll play tomorrow and then again we'll kind of run the play and see if he's available tonight off the bench.
Speaker 1: Is this something that you're gonna have to kind of keep an eye on, just keep the conversation with him day.
Speaker 6: By day, just to make sure he's good to hear?
Speaker 13: I don't think so.
Speaker 10: I think that once we take this little respite for three days, four days. With the off day, We're just gonna turn him loose and hopefully over time the weeks to come, it'll start feeling a little bit better and be less uncomfortable. But you know, once he's back in the lineup, I don't expect him to come out.
Speaker 8: How much do you believe that the finger affected him?
Speaker 13: Because he only had three hits, you know, it had to have some effect.
Speaker 10: I don't think that he would cop to it, but you know, he says it didn't affect him swinging. There's still some pain when he throws, but as far as taking it bats, he said it didn't really affect him.
Speaker 13: So I'll take him at his word.
Speaker 8: I know, you have to win all these games and they count, but cowplay hip him sitting out this series was as much about him being ready for tomorrow the four games.
Speaker 13: That was part of the math.
Speaker 10: I think that, you know, the hope was if we can get him from working every day to play. As far as the hitting the workload with the finger, his swing wasn't right. I think that's a common thought. You know where he was at, how he was swinging the bat, so to have something linger over the course of the next six weeks didn't seem like the best way to go about things. So if we could sort of play the slice and get him off his feet for a few days and hopefully kind of let the finger calm down and then get him back in there and kind of reset.
Speaker 12: Expect him to have less people wrapping on it moving forward.
Speaker 13: Or no, that's more of a healing aid, And like I'm going.
Speaker 14: To obviously, you know, doctor the leg I mean, you know, I assered this like three four days. It doesn't become like unbroken.
Speaker 13: Right, right, exactly exactly.
Speaker 10: I think it's more of you know, you're either going to take four to six weeks, which was not going to be an option, or you try to help hopefully let the kind of the initial pain discomfort maybe dissipate a little bit. And so that's kind of the thought, because yeah, I mean a fracture takes four to six weeks to heal, you.
Speaker 14: Know, over the next what is it the last month five weeks of the season when it comes to kind of winning ball games and kind of prioritizing, you know, having everybody healthy for October, how do you kind of balance those two days.
Speaker 13: It's I think it's case by case.
Speaker 10: I think that you know, there's a Freddie Freeman situation, and we talked about that. There's a Daniel Hudson situation. We talked about that yesterday as far as trying to give him a week to kind of recalibrate, hasn't pitched over fifty innings since twenty nineteen, and again trying to figure out to win games in the here and now with the players you have available but not redline guys, so then they're still healthy and strong and performing optimally, you know, as we get through September and October. So again that's a case by case and talking to coaches, the players themselves, and then the performance and training stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you look at tonight like when Arizona San Diego or to lose and then this weekend.
Speaker 8: Series, like do you manage these games a little bit differently knowing you can open up a bigger division lead right now?
Speaker 13: I'd like to say, you know, actually not.
Speaker 10: I think that there's some guys that were probably going to try to stay away from in the bullpen, and if it were October, they would be available. So I don't think so, you know, you know, Max is not playing today where I want him to play six in a row through Arizona. So you know, with the guys that we have available, we're gonna do everything we can to win tonight. And that's, you know, irregardless of what happened with those other games.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave robers down the deck out brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts Say Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team. It's the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Learn more at service titans dot com. Let's Service Titan help you implement your plan. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David vas Say will also get you your magical moment. That's all coming up Dodgers and Orioles. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 12: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Baltimore Oriols on this Thursday, ninth final game of this three game set. Bobby Miller k Povich the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. The umpiring crew for Tonight's game brought to you by fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you, you and your family.
Speaker 12: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 12: This is Dodger insider David Bassee.
Speaker 2: And David now joins us before the finale of this three game series, which has been really good in the first two games.
Speaker 3: But David no Freddie Freeman again in the lineup.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, what's going on is the Dodgers need Freddy Freeman to be ready as close as possible for the big four game showdown in the Desert against the second place Diamondbacks starting tomorrow night. Freddie Freeman does not come out of the lineup that easily, but I'm sure he understands the fact that since he had the microfracture in his right middle finger, he has not been as effective offensively. He's just three for twenty three with no home runs and only two doubles during that period of time since he injured it in Saint Louis. Also, teams are they're testing him, you know, they're trying to get him to feel the ball, and you know, as they say in a lot of sports, the ball will find you. So a number of different things are in play here, but Tim, first and foremost, you have to believe the Dodgers are trying to get Freeman as close to one hundred percent with that right middle finger for the four games in Arizona. I would be shocked if Freddie Freeman is not in the starting lineup tomorrow night in Arizona.
Speaker 2: All right, David, last night we saw Walker Bueller on the mound. Did he do enough to warn another start moving forward.
Speaker 8: Without a doubt? And today in the clubhouse he had the same type of Walker Bueller confidence swagger. And yesterday Tim before the game he had that kind of tell sign of chirping before his starts because he was one of the first young pitchers that I can remember with the Dodgers that openly talked on his start day, and he had that same type of vibe about him before yesterday's start. Not to mention, the box score does not really indicate how well he pitched. There was some poor defense behind him, there was some poor defense in front of him, and he had to throw extra pitches or he would have got through five innings easily, So I definitely believe he pitched better than that box score and certainly earned another start. And with the uncertainty surrounding Tyler Glass now and whether or not he's going to come back this season, Walker Bueller emerging as the old Walker Bueller is significant.
Speaker 3: O doubt about it. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Ford. There's one thing we like. It's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This smart can only be called F one fifty, David. We see the numbers that sho Heyotani is putting up. Is there any way to kind of quantify and put in perspective what kind of season he's really happened right now?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean when they talk about what's more impressive sixty two home runs by Aaron Judge or a fifty to fifty season by show, there have been other hitters to hit at least sixty two home runs, including Aaron Judge himself, but there has been no player in baseball history ever to hit fifty home runs and steal fifty bases in the same season. So to me, that is more historical than Aaron Judge, who is having a great year and is a great player. To me, that edges out the sixty two home runs. But Aaron Judge is very much in the conversation for not only the American League Triple Crown, but the Major League Baseball Triple Crown. Only Bobbywood Junior has a better betting average than Aaron Judge, and he's not that far behind. But two guys on both coasts are having tremendous seasons, and baseball would love to have both those players playing in this year's World Series.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it, David.
Speaker 2: Great to see Austin Barnes activated and backrat to catch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, guess who's back back again? Shady's back. Tell a friend, Austin Barnes back behind the plate and Will Smith another kind of indicator that the Dodgers are trying to get these guys rested and ready for the Big four game series in Arizona. Just to remind everybody, the last two games of that series are day games, so I would imagine Will Smith would be able to catch all four games if that's what they decide to do. But Will Smith, obviously he's been struggling at the plate, you're getting top premium receiving behind the plate tonight with Austin Barnes.
Speaker 2: Dave real quick. Bobby Miller gets to start tonight. He's been up and down just like Walker Bueler this year, but the Dodgers really could use him to go deep into a game.
Speaker 3: Bulpen had to go four plus d's again last night.
Speaker 8: Right, and Bobby Miller, you know, we talk about Walker Buehler getting closer to his former self. Bobby Miller flashed glimpses of his former self in his last start against the Mariners, So we'll see whether or not he comes out and resists the temptation to look back at the score board and try to top the previous pitches velocity. He was more of a pitcher in his last start than he was all season long, so hopefully he continues that trend tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, great stuff, will check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next you're Dodgers magical moment. Yeah, we'll tell you what it is and you'll hear it when here we come back. Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: No, as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Baltimore, Orioles, Bobby Miller on the mound, final game of this three game series, and it's off to Arizona for the start of a four game series. First pitch tonight, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 8: Who wants.
Speaker 4: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment Ditch Magical Magic Phone presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: July eighteenth, last year, Dodgers in Baltimore taken on the Orioles Dodgers. Would he rup for ten runs in that game? And it all started in the second inning with Jason Hayward.
Speaker 15: Jadie Martinez at second base, David Peralton not being held on at first he can get a big lead, nor Hearn flying way behind him. Well's the right hander sets fires and this ball's hammered the center field DP heading back Hicks to the track to.
Speaker 12: The Wallet's got a three run home run.
Speaker 15: Jason Hayward ham a Dodgers strike first tonight.
Speaker 2: It's three nothing, three run home run for Hayward, getting the offense going five runs in the second, they'd score four more than Seventh's. The Dodgers go on and win at Camden Yards ten to three against the Orioles last July. This Hawfe magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Cravelicious off hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: We lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Orioles. I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night, final game of this.
Speaker 3: Three game series.
Speaker 2: Dodgers going for the series win, big homestand coming to a conclusion that is off to Arizona.
Speaker 3: Bobby Miller on the mound.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven to ten, Dodgers fans start your future to California Community College. Financiel Aid's available to help you with tuition, books and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Come on, classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Rick.
Speaker 8: Before we look ahead to tonight's game, how about last night at Dodger Stadium electric with a sellout crowd for the babblehead but decoy and Otani delivered.
Speaker 7: That was amazing, absolutely amazing. People are talking about it. It's still on social media and for very good reason. I thought it was very interesting that Otani was asked last night, well did you train? Did you have a trainer?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: They had been working for a number of weeks to try and do different things, but the way that was really brought into the game, you thought, well, what can top that? Well, show, Hey, Otani topped it first at bat hits a home run. Kind of a complete cycle of everything else, including the fact we talked so many times about Hey, look on special events, which every night's a special events at Dodger Steady, you have to get here early. Well last night, I mean people were just absolutely flabbergasted as to the traffic, the amount of people coming in, the amount of people that got in here early because you got a great insight from one of the security people about a couple of people were here and the wee hours of the morning yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, five point thirty in the morning. But I think everybody left here happy. Everybody that called the show after the game had a bobblehead. But rick I mentioned this a lot. You talk about taking things for granted. We take for granted how many different generations of ballplayers you've played against, broadcasted for Where does Otani and what he's doing? This your rank in all the baseball you've experienced.
Speaker 7: He's off the charts, absolutely off the charts. Yes, there are headline players. I think back to in Fernando nineteen eighty one when he substituted opening day for Jerry Royce because of an injury that Jerry had a couple of days ahead of opening day, and people say, well, who is this guy? That we saw a build up in a crescendo to where it became a fiesta here at Dodger Stadium nothing like last night. I mean it was absolutely off the charts. When you start to get calls from people in other states that are not necessarily Dodger fans and want to know, Hey, do you have a video of that? Hey were you there? What did you see? What did it feel like?
Speaker 12: I agree with you.
Speaker 7: Last night leaving the stadium was like leaving a carnival as far as the attitude, I mean, just a very happy crowd for good reason. Didn't start out that way because Walker Buehler, as we saw, didn't get any run defensive support in that second inning, and the Orioles come up and they score three runs in that second inning where he could have gotten right through the inning itself, maybe unharmed. And for Bueller, I thought myself, I'm not in the dugout. And I will say again, we're around this team day in and day out. But I've always said, unless you're in that locker room before and after a ballgame, and unless you're in that dugout during the game, you don't really know the team. But I thought Walker Bueller after that top of the second ending, going back into the dugout and firing his glove onto the bench. Was a pretty good statement for everyone to say, that's not acceptable what we just did. And the Dodgers came out, they righted the ship.
Speaker 8: And Rick, you've talked about this when you played. You held each other accountable. It doesn't matter if I say it or somebody else says it. Yeah, each other have to say it.
Speaker 7: Well you have to because that's the situation and not the poor people have heard the story before. We had a young rookie remains nameless that came in that thought that he would kind of change things around. Well, he was informed that's not the way we do things here. There's a culture, there's a way that we have a pretty good hold on how to win games. And it's a team concept, you know, it's not individuals. And this player made a comment to a veteran player, and the veteran players said, no, that's unacceptable. There's some other things that went on, nothing physical, but that young player got the idea, and that's how you hold yourself accountable, and therefore everyone else holds themselves accountable as well.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 8: You hold me accountable every day, Rick, I got to be on my toes every day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, today you're a coat and tie guy, I'll see on the plane though. Oh oh, I look forward.
Speaker 8: Happy flight to the desert.
Speaker 7: Absolutely because it's a big four game series coming up. But this is a huge Every game is going to be a big one, David, because here's the deal. It's only twenty nine games left on the regular schedule, and only thirteen county tonight here at home.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 8: I love the anticipation for a big four game showdown like we're getting tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I don't hear anyone say now, oh it's early yet, No, no, no, no, it's late right now, and some teams are trying to scamper and all of a sudden change the way they play baseball. Big game tonight too, because the Earls are trying to close the gap. Had a chance last night to wind up in a tie for first place in America League East. They fell short, and they're going to be battling tonight again, no doubt.
Speaker 8: And the Dodgers certainly are battling for there and now West Lives as well, despite having the best record in baseball. Rick, how about that?
Speaker 7: See you on the plane.
Speaker 8: Okay, see on the plane. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 9: Davy.
Speaker 2: Dodges Baseball is Rocky bar As a Speedy Cash official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot Commerce. Stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll get you high and tight with David vass Dodgers Orioles. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Katesi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night. Bobby Miller Katee Povich the pitching matchup in the series finale.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 2: Dodgers will hit the road Big four game series in Arizona beginning Tomorrow night. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, there's only one place to go. Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vass fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm still a believer. Twenty twenty four is the season of Mookie Bets. The most valuable Dodger is right here, smiling more than we have seen him smile a lot this season, especially while you're on the il.
Speaker 11: Are you having fun again?
Speaker 15: I am?
Speaker 12: I am.
Speaker 11: It's a lot of fun to be back.
Speaker 16: You know, It's it's fun being at home, but you know, it's always uh, it's always good to go do your purpose.
Speaker 11: I feel like this is my purpose, and you know, I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 8: What's it like out there with the fans, the home run seats? Are they welcoming you back in a big way?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 16: It's it's fun, man, had I forgot what it's like to be able to turn around and waiting people in the outfield and whatnot. You know, being in the infield, you gotta be locked in and nobody really talks to you there. But in the outfield I get to be myself, laugh, joke and ask.
Speaker 8: Some good interactions to Mookie is a man of many talents. We all know about the bowling. But a little known secret is if you're on Ventura Boulevard and you see a parking wreck and you see a guy at a pickleball court that looks like Mookie Betts, it might really be him. So now you're into pickleball too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I am. That's that's my jam.
Speaker 10: I play.
Speaker 11: I played pretty much every day with the wife from my friends.
Speaker 16: At some point after games. Well, she wants to hit balls back and forth, so she's got the bug just as bad as I do. But yeah, pickleball, I love it.
Speaker 8: Can you explain to us what the biggest differences between pickleball and tennis? Why should I choose pickleball over tennis?
Speaker 16: Well, partly because you don't have to move as much, but other than that, I mean, you know, there's there's some people that are that really love tennis and hate pickleball, and some people that really love pickleball and hate tennis. It's really whatever you want to do. The only thing I would make sure is before you go play pickleball, move do something, because a lot of injuries happen just because people get out there and think you don't really move that much, and then they tear achilles and coughs and all that type of stuff. So I make sure, even with me doing stuff every day, I make sure I move around a little bit pre play.
Speaker 8: Mookie's a smart guy. He knows how to keep his happy, his home happy. So I've heard guys like you take up pickleball so you could spend quality time with Wifeyet it's a husband wife type of thing.
Speaker 16: Absolutely, you know, it was golf, and you know golf is the uh probably the best thing when it comes to communicate her, you know, hanging out with the guys and all the type of things.
Speaker 11: But you know, you're you're having a.
Speaker 16: Five and six hour day in golf, and she's definitely calling asking where you're at.
Speaker 11: So if I can just go have a nice two hour day with her, oh man, I get to do whatever I want.
Speaker 8: So basically, Mookie's a nice guy. What he was telling us is skinny fat people like me can play pickleball.
Speaker 11: Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: But make sure you move and do a little something before you go play, or you're gonna tear something up.
Speaker 8: All right, good good PSA from Mookie bets when it comes to pickleball. When you get off the baseball field, how much are you thinking about pickleball? Is that your new obsession?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 16: I mean once I leave the baseball field, I still, you know, doing a lot of thinking about baseball and whatnot, so that.
Speaker 11: Never really goes away.
Speaker 16: But in between, like when I just have over obsessed already, I've watched my video, I've done everything I need to do.
Speaker 11: Then I'll go hit the ball.
Speaker 16: It's kind of it's kind of clear my mind a little bit and spend time with the wife. You know, even if it's twenty thirty minutes she wants to just ding back and forth or whatever.
Speaker 11: It's just something that's that's good. That's a good quality time and good good brain clearer for me.
Speaker 8: Mookie. You also have a great podcast that's going on right now. Have you ever thought about going into like Big Boys neighborhood and maybe taking down some hip hop and maybe taking over the LA airwaves in that fashion?
Speaker 11: I haven't, but.
Speaker 16: Maybe maybe you know, that's a lot, that's a lot, that's something different.
Speaker 11: But I don't know.
Speaker 16: I may if I get on one of one of somebody show like that, I feel like I accomplished, accomplished something so maybe one.
Speaker 11: Day we'll see.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm putting you on the spot. You've interviewed a lot of your peers on your podcast. Is there something or someone that you really enjoyed interviewing that you felt like you learned something more about them that you had no idea?
Speaker 11: Oh man, there was a.
Speaker 12: Lot of guys.
Speaker 11: I've had so many I've had I've had a lot of guys on.
Speaker 8: There who He's brought out a lot of boring white guys personality on the podcast.
Speaker 11: That that's it's hard to really say.
Speaker 16: I would say Trout, Trout saying he loves chasing storms, that that that's a that's the thing. And then Gunner today, I had a podcast with Gunner and he is a big Lego guy. Lego lego he he he. He likes to build Lego sets, and so you know how you hear about it, but you don't really know, like we do it, you know, And so it's cool, I mean, we do. We're normal people, just like everyone else. And so Gunner is just someone that I would have never pegged like legos, and so now I do.
Speaker 8: Now I know, people open up to Mookie Bets because he's a good person. And very inclusive and welcoming. But if you see him on the pickleball court, watch out.
Speaker 11: Watch out.
Speaker 16: I got some fire on the pickleball court. Is there some fire in there? I don't know why or where it comes from, but is it there? And I'm not saying sorry if I hit you, guys.
Speaker 11: I'm not saying sorry.
Speaker 13: Fair warning. Thanks Mookie.
Speaker 11: I'll see on the pickleball.
Speaker 8: Court somewhere in La Yes, sir, there he is the best Mookie bets.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks lot DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's Group Knights at shakyas dot Com. Lead you up the first pitch Dodgers and Orioles, final game of this three game series, final game of this homestand will dive deeper to this pitch you match up next.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is wrong O Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Orioles on this Thursday night, final game of this three game set first pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota Dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Cade Povich on the mound for the Orioles, one in six with a six to ten ERA, A twenty four year old left hander called up because of injuries to this rotation in Baltimore. Third round pick of the Twins in twenty twenty one out of Nebraska, made his way to the Orioles, making his eleven start this season last time out, five innings, five runs, eight hits, three strikeouts, and had no decision against the Astros since the All Star break, five starts for Kade Povich, going fourth an eight plus ERA. This is the first time facing the Dodgers. Bobby Mill on the mound one in three at the seven to forty nine ERA, twenty five year old right hander making his tenth start this season. He's been up and down, dealing with the control issues. Last time out, okay, six hittings, three runs, seven hits, nine strikeouts, get a no decision against the Rays and two starts in August oh to one with a five ninety one erra. The Zench Sweet Life presented by Zench Handcrafted Sushi be listening in how you can win tickets in the suite to an upcoming Dodger game, made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game. Find us at your local supermarket near the deli counter. The Zens Sweet Life presented by Zench Handcrafted Sushi. Dodgers and Rays were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game.
Speaker 2: Our next I'm Tim kateson this Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 13: Now as we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Baltimore Orioles Bobby Miller and Cade Povich. The pitching matchup first pitch coming up at seventy ten Dodger fans and Hanserd listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos.
Speaker 3: Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 2: Before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Charlie Steiner Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 6: All right, tim the rubber game of the three game series at Dodgers and the Orioles at Dodgers at seventy nine and fifty four, three and a half in front of Arizona four and a half in front of San Diego. Diamondbacks and Padres both lost today. The Yankees have a one game lead over the Baltimore Oarls. It's a very big game for the Birds as well.
Speaker 7: And it's a big game also for Bonbie Miller. Coming on his tenth start. For Miller, he's given up at least one home run in each of his last eight starts. Over the longer hold, that's the story there. He's had two starts since really coming up with the Tyler glasnow going on the injured list. The big things has been the home runs eleven he's allowed this year versus twelve all of last season in one hundred and twenty four innings. Going to be interesting to see how he really gets the breaking stuff, something that eluded him his last outing.
Speaker 6: Dodgers of six to four winners last night. What do we know about Kate popitch well, get him early. The numbers are really lopsided. Innings won through three eer of almost seven and a half. After the third inning it's under four, so get him early. Right Handers have hit him very well. Also, the curveball has been problematic. Fastball very low batting average against the curveball. Highest batting average is a starting pitcher with a number of innings qualified over a four to twenty average. Lineups at first pitch coming up next?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers and Orioles. First pitches coming up next. Dodgers start the night first place, a top of the NL West looking in this series, and the homes down on a winning note. Then it's off to the desert for a four game series against the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: First pitch is next. Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Kates has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network