Speaker 1: What's up, everybody. Welcome to Rose Pricks. It's me, Stephanie Wilder, Taylor and Cecily Nobler's here, and we've got the OC Real Housewives. Macro notes, Yeah, I do have some macro notes. Well, you know, it was mostly, as it's been the last few episodes, pretty boring until the end.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually genuinely worried for Shannon. I know I shouldn't be, because like she's always fine and crazy, but I was a little like, god, this cut, fucking this cut dark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm concerned that I'm going to alienate our listeners.
Speaker 2: And also I'm sorry that I swore so early on. I'm really trying to watch say the word a lot for no reason. It just comes out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: So there's a reason, first of all. But honey, no, don't.
Speaker 2: Do just not straight out the gate, you guys. I have poll. I'm working on it. I hear it when it comes out. I'm like, okay, let's take it down.
Speaker 1: Really, see I enjoy I don't even hear it. Maybe that's maybe that's me. Maybe maybe there's something wrong with me.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything wrong with any of us, but that's our show. You guys, thanks so much for watching George County.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Oh my gosh, you guys are you guys are the best audience. So wait, why do you think you're gonna alien it? What are you going to say about Shannon? Okay, it's okay because and I shouldn't do this to myself, but I do. I imagine that people. I imagine people are like how she needs to have Of all people, she is an alcoholic talking about me, not Shannon, right, and she should, of all people should have more empathy for somebody who can't help it, you know whatever. But I'm annoyed. I'm just I'm annoyed because I feel like nothing ever changes with her and I this is my macronte.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of I have been working on myself, but have you?
Speaker 2: But she has not. I mean she does for these things. If she's drinking as much as she is in front of the people that yell at her about drinking, imagine which now I'm starting to understand Camera's frustration. I still think she's a horrific person, but I kind of get how she's been pushed to the thing of like I can't take this anymore. Maybe if I say it on camera, she'll get better. She's not getting better.
Speaker 1: Well, no, she's not getting better. And I just it's what it is that I don't like. That has nothing really to do with the alcoholism. I just the victim. She's just such a victim, and I hate it. It's just hard to it's hard. I don't know if it's just my own shit. Probably is, But I don't like how much she goes over this. Nothing changes, but she can. And she doesn't understand how people aren't completely on her side with like it's the principle I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm I you know, I'm totally with you. It's because she doesn't have any self awareness. So even at the end, you know, spoiler, when she's like, I want to find you this picture and show you it is horrible, and Heather's horrified and it's terrible, will get to that, but it's not. She never has a moment of like, isn't that horrendous that I got so drunk that I had slammed my car, like could have killed a bunch of people, Like did that? She never it doesn't come from that place. It's always about like what's been done to her, yeah, or that John Jansen didn't run out and save her, like he probably couldn't wait to get rid of her, right.
Speaker 1: And according to what we know, which I don't know was reported, and she said too, he was going, you're so fucking drunk, don't drive your car. And then she was like, I'm going to drive my car. And it's like, well, okay, but how is that? How is he a horrible person for not running?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm with you. I'm with you because sometimes you know, I don't know, he is horrible.
Speaker 1: He's absolutely horrible, Like there is no doubt that he's that he's no winner here, right, But I guess it's that's what I'm saying, is like, yeah, no shit.
Speaker 2: Though, I mean these are some pretty So we start the episode with Alexis and Heather like breaking stuff down in the car, and then, you know, for a second, I was like, why again are these two friends? And then I remembered, you know, about their kids, And I do love that story. I do love that Alexis is Heather we expected to be a good person in terms of things like.
Speaker 1: This, but Alexis people hate on Heather, and yeah, you know, this episode was meaningful to me. Yeah, for all. I mean, not very many people I'm going to tell you in this this culture cultural point are willing to stand up for trans kids and gas say, and she's out there doing it. And I thought she hit a perfect note with this. Oh she was great. And what I was saying is I expect that from Heather. I don't expect it from Alexis.
Speaker 2: So I do give her a lot of points for really like putting herself out there, especially up against what her world is like Heather's I assume liberal, you know, she's doing it like whatever. I believe she would do this. But Alexis has surrounded herself with like a very evangelical world, So for her to stand up is extra good.
Speaker 1: I agree, And you know, living a similar circumstance, I cannot hate her right now, right I want you to well, I mean I can.
Speaker 2: Still hate her. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But it's really difficult, as you know, parent of a trans kid, to be too harsh on the lexus. It's hard because I can't be told you forget about it.
Speaker 2: I get it. She's a voice. And when I say even gel, I don't mean that like oh that that it's not that it wouldn't be a Christian thing to do. I just mean she specifically is so Orange County and has been so like, you know, not tolerant. Yes, a lot of that's what I mean. I don't mean that like, of course people who are Christian, would you know what I'm saying. Yes.
Speaker 1: So one thing that I thought was kind of funny, So Heather's the opening scene. Basically, Heather's kind of introducing her kids into this. We haven't seen them really, so we meet Ace, who's her trans son, and then I guess, I don't I mean, I think, no, I know, but we're like, we're introducing them this season in the scene and she's talking about them, my son Ace is here, and Nikky's here, and and then she talks about how she's been going back and forth to Orange County and she makes a comment which a lot of people might not realize how ridiculous it is, but she says, uh, yeah, the tolls are really they're high. No, they're not. It's like two dollars when you drive to Orange County, because I have done it many times. You have to drive, you're forced to drive on a toll road.
Speaker 2: But it's two dollars, So I'm sorry it was such an unnecessary comment, like, oh, it's just starting to cost us a lot of money to drive. No, it's not Heather, you're very rich. I mean, it's they're so rich that they let you know how rich they are. I just literally the beginning of the scene, I wrote, Okay, Heather's rich, but also still very tacky. They're playing pool everything's Did you notice now how tacky her interior taste is. Yes, it's pretty tacky, but it can't help. But like, I mean, there are voice of reason, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yes, and they're talking about how shitty middle school was and weren't you like, yes, it.
Speaker 2: Was, Oh my god, yes, and Terry so specifically seventh and eighth. Eighth was my nightmare. I mean, I don't know about you. What was your worst year in grade?
Speaker 1: Eighth grade were my worst, worthy worst years of.
Speaker 2: My entire life. Oh my god. Eighth grade. Cried every day, was bullied in school, junior high school kids following me down the hall, A bully older boy kicked in my locker.
Speaker 1: I was constantly teased, I was tortured.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I did it to myself. I feel like they was to say, kind of like, you know, I told you at the talent show in eighth grade, I like wore a wool sweater and sang somebody by Depeche Mode, a song about longing for like love, and they were even. They were actually pretty nice about that. So my my hell was just like self hating. I think they weren't that bad. I especially hearing boys just totally left me alone. It would be the girls that would just be like, oh, are you gonna get a Shannon slumber party? You were invited? I got it is more like that, huh. But then I would get invited it would be just fine, So I don't see, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I had very few friends, and it was also a case of even my club, I had a couple, like two good friends. But then I found out at some point that when people, I mean, because I was bullied, like people hated me. So when I found out that when some people were talking a lot of shit about me, my friends were not standing up for me, which looking back, I do kind of understand, because it's hard at that age to be like, shut up, don't talk about Stephanie that way.
Speaker 2: You know you want to just.
Speaker 1: But but I think they were going along with it, you know, which was very When I found out, I was really upset.
Speaker 2: That is heartbreaking. Yes, seventh and eighth especially got in Los Angeles. I can't imagine what that. Dallas is tough. Where were you? I was in seven Bocan, Washington. So that's just now you're all like Twilight, You're like you needed like a vampire werewolf thing. This is what I think you needed. Now. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but you know, like if you were just sort of awkward and you're up there in the Pacific Northwest and it probably gets the sun is weird, Oh the weird sun, and so yeah, you needed like some really hot vampire dude. That would have been helpful. That would have been nice. I mean you would have he probably would have tried to turn you, and then you would have had to decide between him and this like were wolf. If you'd had that going on specifically, I think that would have helped. If I'm honest, I think you would. I think you're right. I think you're right. Who would choose the were wolf? I was always not not what's Twilight? Whatever? Yeah, who would choose who? Wouldn't have chosen Edward Colin. Who would Anybody out there like knows what I'm talking about. You wouldn't choose the werewolf over the vampire, right, Like the vampire is sexy as fuck? Yeah? Yeah, they they just call them narcissists.
Speaker 1: Still very sexy though, Yes, if you had if you could go back and redo high school, would you high school?
Speaker 2: I would, just for the fun of it because I loved it, So I went to performing arts high school, so I would. Yeah. Could I be a mime again? Absolutely? Would you? No? No, that was those were bad times for me. I mean, some of it sucked for me, but it was very self inflicted. It was always about a boy, right, it was always you know, so that I would if I could change that mindset and not waste so much time like crying over Andy Dean or whatever. Yeah, right, But what would you change? I mean I don't think I could change it. It was just bad all around. So you're saying, if you could go back and relive it, I mean, yeah, there's some parts I would, but I guess it wasn't you know, I might be romanticizing it, But junior high. I think the question is what would you do differently.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I would do anything. I was a total victim. I was such a Shannon like it was all happening to me, and everybody was mean and assholes I could see.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've fluctuated between that. I take no responsibility. Well, I was always trying to be different, so I was like kind of gothy sometimes and that was probably, but they always accepted it. I would do it and they'd be like, that's a cute, that's so cute. Weird blazer. I'd wear these like huge, oversized, like shoulder pad blazers with brooches. You know. I was very I was very pretty and pink Molly Ringwold right, That's exactly who I was. And they but they liked, they were like you that so I couldn't do anything. I couldn't. I couldn't do it. But then I just still self hated. By the way, at the end of this scene where Terry's talking about Junior High, his little face got into a circle and then it became the moon. They put his face in a circle, but they had it just like hanging on the screen and then it became the moon. So nice.
Speaker 1: I do want to say that. I thought this was interesting and this doesn't happen a lot, but Heather was trying to say. She's like, look, I want to protect my kids, because she was talking about whether they should live in the OC or in LA, and that the kids want to live in LA and Barley Hill specifically, by the way, Yeah, but like liberal Los Angeles as compared to Republican Orange County. That's what she's talking about. And she makes the point and she doesn't overpush the point, and I thought this was interesting where she says I want to protect my kids. She's talking specifically about putting her kids on TV, but she doesn't say should my kids be on TV? She says, I don't want to hide them, but I don't want to exploit them either, So I'm trying to walk this line. And I just thought that was really cool. She's saying, like, this is not for ratings. I'm not putting my kids out there. At the same time, I don't I'm not embarrassed of them, and I don't want them to.
Speaker 2: Be embarrassed, like they're who they are. I thought that was she's a good mom, They're they're a good they're a good family. It's we got to give them that they're good parents.
Speaker 1: So then they explain Emily's packing for her trip right, and she needs to get her measurements, her measurements. I'm starting to like Emily.
Speaker 2: I know you don't. I know, No, I do sometimes I do. But the problem is that she's so awful, but then can be very nice. So you think, oh, well, I guess she's not so bad, but then you forget that she gets drunk. She brings sandwiches into the saunas, makes you know she's.
Speaker 1: Just I'm liking her now.
Speaker 2: I can't help it. I can't help you. I love who I love. Listen, look, I mean I'll never not love of John Janssen. You can't. There's nothing you can say to make me not love John Jay. Like in every way, I understand. Yeah, we love who we love. That's you know.
Speaker 1: So's a quick scene of Tamra. What why is this show trying to make Tamra happen? They trying to make her likable, like, oh, look, Tamra's having a moment with her daughter. That's like, you know, she's all of us. No she's not.
Speaker 2: We don't like Tamra. No, it's hard to like her. She's pretty awful. She really is.
Speaker 1: So then Jen calls Katie there's something I just Jen bugs me, and she's so like trying to be like she's so obsequious to everyone.
Speaker 2: She's like, Hi, Hi, Jen, you look so pretty and Jen goes thanks. She just doesn't care. They both kind of bug me. And then the conversation about like, go get your money. They're all just saying that, which is funny because everybody was yelling at her about trying to get her money. So that's the whole thing that Katie kind of bonds with her about the fact that you know, she has to go to court and it's kind of weird that she has to fight for she's fighting for temporary custody because she wants more child support. Right, that's what's happening. I'm not saying she's not a good mom and that she doesn't love her kids. I'm sure she loves her kids, but you know, we can see through that. And I didn't like the way Katie. I don't know about Katie's X. Maybe he's a terrible guy. Sounds like he might be, but doesn't he have doesn't he raise one of her kids?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And so yeah, she shades him. She's like everybody runs from him, even his hairline. It's like, that is your child's father. I would stop enough money, yeah, I agree, And then here she is. She's so fucking rich. She's like disgustingly rich.
Speaker 1: And she's like, he's like the richest besides Heather. When I left my marriage, I left my marriage with nothing. Okay, well, what did your like? Sometimes it bugs me when women and are just like, oh my, like, your husband owes you everything. I don't know. It's like I left with nothing, okay, but you could work right right?
Speaker 2: I always feel that too. Yes, support, you know, helping support the children. That is a law, and I guess there's you know, weren't they in Florida first, So I don't know what the alimony law is. Like California and Texas are different. So California is in no fault state, right, so you have to pay fifty to fifty here, which I've always thought was kind of weird too. I've never been married though, so I can't I don't know what that feels like. But the thing where people say, but I got used to this lifestyle even if they don't have kids. So for the rest of your life. He has to pay you ten thousand dollars a month because you got married.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, there is something that's very strange about that.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mean it goes both ways. Women have to do it to whoever makes more money.
Speaker 1: Right, But it does bug me when people are are like, well I was used to this lifestyle, like like we were really rich. So now especially if and like for Jin as far as what I've heard, I mean, she left, she left her marriage.
Speaker 2: Right with from Will. We don't know exactly what happened, but it does suck. Like he I'm sure he does not want this all out there. I mean, you know, he's She's on a housewife show, so that's what you get. But like this is they have how many kids?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 2: Ten? I don't they have like an insane amount of children? And I think only three of them live with her? Am I wrong about this? Because like they only showed the three of them with her and Ryan don't they have Like it's crazy? So where are all these other kids?
Speaker 1: Well, some of them were hit, some of them were not hers, right, and also some of those kids are aren't they Ryan's too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know. I get confused because Gina had that going on, they all seek Katie has that too, right, so I don't know who's who or whatever, but yeah, so she's upset about that, so they have that conversation.
Speaker 1: Katie also does try to like like, Katie will take any opportunity to talk about how poor she was when she left her marriage with nothing. And it's like, I don't want to hear you complain about that because you married a guy clearly for money that you're pretending that you know, you love that I now with twice a day. Yes, but your golfer guy like who.
Speaker 2: You're like, no, but he's so hot.
Speaker 1: No he's not. But you're still want to like she just wants us to feel bad for her, like, yeah, but you don't understand when I left I had I don't know.
Speaker 2: These people annoy me. Yeah, no they do and they should then, all right, So then we get on a private jet speaking of money.
Speaker 1: And yet I'm sticking up for Heather. Well, I get who's the richest of all of them. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I flew on a private jet one time, one time, and yes, and it was amazing. And if I ever given the opportunity, I would probably do it a million more times, and then I would just be like, well, I don't drive car, right, my car bonef footprint is still really low, right. I don't ah, I don't know what if that's my new catchphrase. I don't know. Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty nice. But they get it's weird though in private jets where they have no rules for them, like you could put your seatbelt on or you don't have to, right. She is like that though, you can do whatever the fuck you want. So uh, okay.
Speaker 1: So they're on the jet and they're trying to figure out who is going to sit next to whom because they're you know, because Heather's nobody wants to sit next to certain people, right, I get so who like Okay, So they're arranging.
Speaker 2: It, well, they're putting they want Lexus and Shannon obviously not to be and then Heather doesn't want to sit next to Ca. She's like, I'm fine with it, but I don't want to say that she just doesn't like her. And I get it, okay because.
Speaker 1: Katie, yes, because this is the thing that upsets me. It's like, but everybody's like, could you just be like give her a chance? And be friends with her. If somebody came for you that hard, would you be embracing them? Like if somebody's idea of how they were going to handle their season on the show was like I'm going to take Heather down, I don't think I'd be like, okay, cool, cool, Like I get it.
Speaker 2: You just wanted to take me down for no reason. You don't know me.
Speaker 1: But your idea of how you were going to come out on this season was to try to convince everybody that I'm horrible and called the paparazzi on myself.
Speaker 2: Unless if I may push back, and you know, I know you hate it when I do this, but I unless it's all just fake, like they had to come up with some I think a lot of storylines are real, but maybe that's one that they kind of cooked up. And Heather's fine with it. She's like, what's the worst? She? I mean, she does not really care if they say that. I think, you know what I mean. I don't think. I think it's possible that she was sort of in on that being a storyline.
Speaker 1: That's possible, you could be right, which.
Speaker 2: Heather would not like hearing if it's true, so that she doesn't like the idea of manipulating, but it's manipulating to hurt herself and it's not going to really hurt her.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a storyline that people aren't in on, which is that they're gossiping about the fact that Emily asks Shannon if she's got on any dates and Shannon's like, no, I haven't gone on any dates. Then Emily's like, well, just don't buy him fair gamos. So then we find out because Gina tells us that right before they got on the plane, Shannon showed everybody a picture of Alexis and Johnny Jay and apparently zoomed in on the shoes and then complain that she bought him those shoes.
Speaker 2: That was amazing because they're all they're all looking it up and they're like, yeah, they were very expensive. She was an ipaid for everything. So then Heather looks it up and she's like, I mean they're on sale and you get them for like three to four fifty. They're not that expensive. Exactly.
Speaker 1: That was such a I.
Speaker 2: Mean bow down to the queen. Sorry, I mean she just just's I love her. I do the idea of like dsw you know, to her, Yes, four hundred fifty. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Who would spend that?
Speaker 2: She's like, I mean, you know they were clearly not that expensive. It just like she's like on sale. And then they're all making fun of it, like an I think the belt too, And why why were Johnny Jansen and we Got and Alexis on an Oscar ret making their Oscar carpet debut, Like Gina said, like as though there are other red carpets you're going to be on.
Speaker 1: It's all bad.
Speaker 2: But why is Shannon so obsessed with him? She is obsessed with him? Why wouldn't you be though if you brought this guy onto the show you dated for years, that was your guy. You have this horrible breakup and then he starts dating someone else from the television show that you're on and then comes around and.
Speaker 1: It would be bad.
Speaker 2: But why why are you call? Why are you telling everybody? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I bought him everything. I paid for everything for the first half the relationship. Okay, so the second half was he paying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even then I would She's saying, it's even Stephen. Then it's even Stephen if she did pay for everything, But why is it even Stephen? It's see to me.
Speaker 1: This math doesn't work out if you're saying, well, I paid for everything, so therefore that was alone.
Speaker 2: Like, it's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 1: She's trying to claim right now that he gave her the money, right, But was she like borrowing? Was she keeping an accounting of everything that she was paying for and going, you're gonna owe me that money?
Speaker 2: That's what she's saying. I think that's what she's saying. She's like, I'm tired of showing the receipts. Well, I mean, we're gonna get to that, because that's the huge thing at the end where they finally got into it. But after they get off the plane, they're having two they're in two different cars, I guess. But also, I just want to say that Tamra is just such a bitch and it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: She said what shoes was Johnny Jay wearing? And Alexis yells back, farragamos, like you're such a shitster.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even think Shannon noticed she was. She's like, not, she's not well because they didn't show her reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, every and then everybody's talking about the fact that Shannon's like obsessed and then we hear more about the fact that there's a video.
Speaker 2: Right, that's in the conversation where they had that. So Alexis is talking about the video again. Gina's like, yeah, you don't want to do that. That's not cool, right, Like we're not doing that.
Speaker 1: But they are right. Well, now they get to don Ranch and Katie is like, I don't like nature.
Speaker 2: Hmm oh, I felt like we were all Katie in that moment she goes She's like, oh, this is lovely, very sponge. I've had this happen. You go to pour yourself tea and then a spider was in the tea. I could you would jump. I'm with Katie on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know. I wouldn't have been wearing like keels and you know, spiked heels and just they all really like nature. Yeah they were, Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: They were all a little they were all a little over. They were all justsed like MC's of some weird like yes sort of slay thing everyone with these like long blazers and I mean, I'm surprised I didn't have top hats and little sticks.
Speaker 1: A hundred percent. That's what I was thinking, the same thing. I'm like what is with all these long blazers with like the double like the buttons, like you're band leading, right.
Speaker 2: Your band, or you're gonna go like English horseback riding. Yes, they all just I like the look. I just didn't like the look for this particular situation. They look ridiculous. But they were all to give Katie a little bit of a break. They were all doing that.
Speaker 1: Yes, they were all doing it. So then they go to lunch and everyone's sitting at separate tables and Shannon's like, yeah, this is rough. Yeah you know what. So I'm on vacation, so yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna have just vodka.
Speaker 2: You can like hear yeah, vodka and cranber, like you can hear the room go like you know what I mean that, Like like there's this thing where even Gina's like, Okay, well I'm sober, so it shouldn't be shouldn't be that hard for her not to drink. But see, I don't think it works like that. I think that the more because they are at a vineyard, the whole thing is a wine tasting thing, the whole event is, and Shannon's not sober. She's absolutely not gotten there. So the more that it's supposed to look like she's not supposed to do it. She can't. She like can't not do it.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's just she also keeps saying that she doesn't have a problem with alcohol, and if she decides if it, if it, if it seems like she does, then she will have no problem like quitting, then she'll address it. But I think the point is like, but you clearly do. And I think that's what people are starting to kind of absolutely she clearly does and.
Speaker 2: Can't not drink. And you're drinking at lunch.
Speaker 1: You're ordering vodka, which I get, like somebody else ordered, you know, a mocha martini, which you know, is starting to really irritate me.
Speaker 2: See I love that shit, I love it. I love it chocolate. I love a chocolate drink. Well, no, it's a I know they're delicious, they were delicious. What if I was like, I'm having one right now. I mean, you know, Stepie, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But it's it's more of the stop trying. They have to constantly name check espresso martinis and mocha martini's, Like, we get it, that's what you're drinking now. But but yes, the thing is that it's just kind of showcasing. If you're at lunch, if you if you know you're going to a wine tasting later, but you can't not order vodka. It's not even vodka cranberry at that point, she's just ordering vodka. I think it was vodka soda. You're just ordering yah at lunch. That's what people are gonna comment. I'm sorry, but like, yeah, I'm ena it was finally. Gina's been the most giving about it. But yeah, when she's like, I don't know, like Tamra's here and you know she's been on you and I'm sober, Like this should be kind of easier to not drink.
Speaker 2: There's a world in which they could all just go to lunch before a wine tasting and support their friend Shannon and not drink. Because if they all didn't get a drink, then she that wouldn't be that hard. I agree with you, unless they all have a little issue, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not saying the rest of them don't. I just think it's she's on the hot seat for it. I think she has the worst. She has a real problem. We can see it.
Speaker 2: We can see it in her face, the way she looks like she definitely she's not call it, there's no question. But we we used to make the distinction between the countess. I think you always sort of did that too. Where the Countess had some drinking is is she kind of got a hold of it and now seems to just drink a little at a time. Although I think that changed back and now she's like getting drunk again. Right, Yeah, but for a while you were thinking like maybe the Countess could, maybe she wasn't. Maybe she got a handle on it and can have one glass of wine, right, and maybe I don't. I mean, who are we to know im?
Speaker 1: We can't know, like just because but we can't know. It's just odd. It's odd that Shannon had such such huge consequences her drinking. I mean, it's that's not.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's she's got a she's got a very bad problem. And it's hard to watch, ye And I wish sometimes production would step in. I know they can't. I know they're making a show, but I want you know, there's a certain point where you're watching it's like the same with the Bachelor, like you're gonna let her just cry like that. Yeah, you're going to torture her. I just think, you know, they're they're certain, they're making all these things out Hall related. I agree with you. I agree with you. It's a bad look. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a bad look for ABC with The Bachelor, and it's a bad look for Bravo with Shannon. She's not well, right, She's really not well, and she's teetering on the edge, and we're just like exploiting it. And then it is pretty disgusting that like Alexis is in all these scenes, like.
Speaker 2: You know, I know they're fucking with her.
Speaker 1: There's no reason for that. There's no reason for Alexis to be on this season. I mean, it's obviously they're they're trying. It's it's really kind of the definition of gaslighting in a way.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: It can't say crazy.
Speaker 2: She needs money, so she can't turn it down. She she's needs it, right, So yeah, no, it sucks. So then it shows Alexis and was it jamdh was it Tamera?
Speaker 1: Well I have that we find out that Alexis and and Johnny Jay walked the red carpet and they teased an engagement, and then Shannon is like hmm, I mean, I mean Johnny Jay didn't want to be public, you know, with me, like, but now he's fine with it.
Speaker 2: Like she is just really obsessed with his relationship. Wait for that downfall of that. Really, I can't wait for Alexis to realize what a nightmare Johnny Jay is. But she never will because she stands by her man to the end, no matter how vile they are. She did it with Jim, and she had no problem with Jim suing all her friends, including camera. Right, you're right, Alexis is pretty awful except for this one thing where we like that she supports you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not even like she's the one who's organized this trip.
Speaker 2: She's just going. So we're going to give Heather all the credit for that, for sure, Shannon says. At this point, she's she's finally made an offer. She wasn't going to but she made it basically an offer of about half, So we don't go into that yet, but that comes out right, and has made an offer.
Speaker 1: But then she just starts crying again about it. Right, She's mad that she's like, I offered him a lot of money, a lot, and they're like, how much she goes half?
Speaker 2: It's always Emily, but half is thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, this is what irritates me though. If she borrowed that money to have a facelift, let's just say, Okay, I know a lot of people feel that he gifted it to her, but just let's just say. Let's just say that he was like, she wanted a facelift, and he was like, I'll give you the money and you can pay it back when you have it. Right, this will just say, well, then it's not really a lot. Then all of this is on principle. She has the money, she's being paid very well to be on the show. Her dad is rich. Her dad is like fight him in court, and.
Speaker 2: David is rich, and he's paying for the kids, probably for a lot of staff. Right, she could afford to pay him back.
Speaker 1: What if she borrowed that money? What she owes him? But she's doing a lot, She's really victimizing herself.
Speaker 2: I'm pushing back. Okay, I think that, yes, maybe all that's true, but like it's so messed up because if it was really that cut and dry, he would have some kind of contract, he would have signed something. If it was just a straight up loan if that was something he was worried about. I don't totally believe that, and I think he's completely extorting her with that tape. You know, now he's just getting money even if he said even look, things change if they're not married, as Judge Judy says, then she's not. You don't even get to mess with it. Oh well, you gave her money for a facelift. Also, she judged. You would be like, well, she paid for you for two years to do all this, so it's I'm I'm Judges don't take care of shit like this. So unless they had a contract, which they didn't seemingly, then fuck laugh John Jansen, Okay, you paid for a facelift. You guys dated for four years. You're an asshole, yes, But I guess the question is like if this were the other way around, and a guy was like, well, I paid for all of our dates the first two years of our relationships, so you know we're even either way, even the other way around, our queen Judge Judy would be like, yeah, I don't. You weren't married. There was no contract. That's just how relationships work. You were you were playing house, so you owe the person money. If if the person said, like I'm going to I'll pay for all of our dates, like just paid for stuff because they wanted to, do you owe them that money, Because that's what I'm trying to say. It's not about that he's trying to say that. Let's say they went back and forth and he paid for some stuff and she paid. They were together a long time, she paid for a lot whatever. Not about that. But if he's saying, like, i'll pay for your facelift, you just get me back and that just didn't work out and he didn't get a contract, and then he broke up with her, Like I don't know. I really just sort of am like, dude, how what's his financial status?
Speaker 1: He's like this little but clearly it wasn't like I'll pay for your facelift because he why was wiring money into her account?
Speaker 2: Being horrible than that? And I don't know that a lawyer.
Speaker 1: I don't know that a lawyer would take that on if he had zero proof. She just keeps going it's the principle because she I think personally, I think she's embarrassed because she was with this guy that was clearly like not that into her, didn't pay for anything, is now obviously paying for everything for Alexis and being totally different with Alexis. Whatever. He's horrible, but I think she's embarrassed that she paid for everything. Oh that's why she keeps So now she's like, no, it's the principal you owe you you have, you should have paid me that money. I just don't think you get the money back that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going, I just have borrowed money from you. You wired money into my account, and now I'm not going to pay you. M hm hmmm. I don't know. I don't know because he's just so terrible. I try to put myself in her shoes, and I'm just like, I don't know if i'd want to pay that dude. So she was like, I'll give you half. You probably you owe me shit too, so you paid for this, you owe me whatever. So she's like, all right, here's half. He's not taking it because he's a piece of shit. So then because he knows what, he has it over her, right, which is using her worst day against her, which too bad. She doesn't have him on ring camera because allegedly he was we didn't see, you know, but he was supposedly could have been pretty abusive, he yelled at her. I don't know if he was physically abusive, but he was pretty awful. Yeah, like Shannon's kids hated him, and I mean also the same could be said for David the Door. I mean that was part of that. You know, who knows how.
Speaker 1: He's gross, Like, there's no world in which I'm sticking up for him.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You know, you feel like and so do the other girls feel like, just pay him back the fucking money, right and.
Speaker 2: Get it done with. And it's like, very great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if you can pay him half, you can pay him what, you can pay him the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Or set up he's saying, set up.
Speaker 1: A payment set up a payment plan. But she won't do that. She's like, no, it's the principle. Well what principle you elected? You freely paid for all the dates, and now you just won't stop talking about how much you paid for everything. Well, then you should have been keeping records of every single thing you paid for and said that that's alone, right, I don't know. To me, To me, it's just like, oh my god, Shannon, just pay him so that every scene doesn't have to be about John Janssen.
Speaker 2: You know, and the words of the great Judge Udy, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining true. Well that's our show, okay, okay. Wait, So they go to meet with a family equality that's why they're there, Yes, organization that is amazing. You are.
Speaker 1: Like Alexis is like, look, people, kids, people should be free to be themselves and there shouldn't nobody should be legislating that.
Speaker 2: Amen, unless it's legislative court where John Jansen sue Shannon That right, right, But I like that they they're explaining what family equality is. They come in they were like, yeah, we sued Florida. We sued the governor of Florida for the don't say gay law, and we want are the.
Speaker 1: True is that off that they don't that doesn't exist anymore? That don't say gay.
Speaker 2: Is I think they got here's my what I without looking it up, I think they got money for it, and then that money went into like helping their group, like helping people that need help. That I mean, I can look this up because I don't think they I don't think they got the law off the books, but I'm not sure. Let me look it up. Well you go on. While I'm looking it.
Speaker 1: Up, I'm looking it up to don't Say No. But then equality Florida.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: They're still trying to fight this, right, it seems like it's still there.
Speaker 2: No, That's what I'm saying is I think they got some money for suing that they were awarded like some kind of oh okay, you can yet.
Speaker 1: No it says. It says students and teachers in Florida can now discuss sexual orientation and gender identity in classrooms as long as it's not part of formal instruction. It's an important change after a new settlement between state education officials and civil rights attorneys who challenged the so called Don't Say Gay law. And that was from March fourteenth, twenty twenty four. So yes, so hell, yes, Yes they're quality family family equality.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give them some money after we finish. Yes, And doesn't it like it's crazy to me that we're having to fight to get back to where we already were, the progress we'd already made. Now we have to fight back that we can. We can even just say that I'm gay. You can just even say it, Like our fucking country is so backwards right now in some places. Yes, Okay, so that's in too many places. So good for them, we love them. We're going to give them a plug at the end. So and again I'm good for Heather. So she does this champagne glad, which I thought was kind of adorable.
Speaker 1: You did Yeah. I was just like, it's so funny that everything is like Heather's like, that's instead of just yeah, I gave them a million dollars, it's like, yeah, so I decided to do a champagne champs, but all.
Speaker 2: The money, all the proceeds of that, so it's fun for everybody. You can raise so much money. I'll buy that champagne. Each one is like influenced by one of her children.
Speaker 1: I think it was just adorable.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go into it, like what why what are these notes? I thought that was really cool. I like that moment, even though that's just horrific for Shannon, it just has to be part of that. Yes.
Speaker 1: So then Jen shows up out of no word. She's like, I, yeah, did you get them money? Did you get camera? Who yelled at her for like not having Yeah, oh it's still that's still coming. She's like, yeah, it didn't go.
Speaker 2: Well, She's like, I got I got six thousand a month, but I have to take care of five kids with it, and then but basically, yeah, Tamra's like, yeah, but she still lives with Ryan, so she's going to rely on that and probably use that as.
Speaker 1: An excuse to not get a job.
Speaker 2: Bitch, right, She's she's not even paying like she's probably assume Ryan's paying the mortgage or whatever on the on their house, so she doesn't have to pay rent for this, right, So I don't know, I don't care. I mean, can you can six thousand? I'm sure he's paying for a lot of the food so and electric bills and stuff. So what is six thousand for five? Like you can do that without having to pay a mortgage?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, that's almost one thousand dollars a kid. That's and that's just child support, so right, I mean, if she's not paying part of the mortgage, which she obviously couldn't afford, but she could also well she's also making money from real housewives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that I forgot about that. Yeah, I'm I mean, oh god, I want to meet this ex husband. She's like, you wouldn't even look at me. The last time we were at the court, which was sad. It was like we were adopting one of our kids, and now you won't look at me. It's like, what did you do well? She cheated on him? Oh well, yeah, there you go. So I mean, yeah, oh my god. So wait, temporary custody. I don't even understand how this So it really is all about money. The custody part doesn't really matter because the kids are going to live wherever they want to live, right o god, Okay, So then, oh, this is interesting. Then it comes up that there's something they're talking about Shannon again and they're like, yeah, this thing happened. And then there was these pictures of Shannon. She ubered to a bar by herself and then was like photographed take like drinking by herself.
Speaker 1: And wasn't it? Am I crazy? Or was the bar.
Speaker 2: At a mall? I don't know. Maybe let's say it what I thought it was, she.
Speaker 1: To the mall and then sat at a bar in the mall and ordered to drink by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That makes me so sad. And look, we're not saying that's the worst thing that a person could get, Like, you know, I'm not saying I would go to the mall and get a drink by myself necessarily, but I wouldn't necessarily not. But when she's in the limelight like this is you and I am worried about her physical health. I mean, would you go to a bar by yourself and just order a drink? Yeah, not at the mall in Los Angeles. But I think if I was just during the day, like at the airport, for sure. There have been times where I've had like a long layover and you know, I don't know what time it is at the airport and rest.
Speaker 1: But she's not at the She wasn't at the airport.
Speaker 2: I mean no, probably not no, But I don't know if you're having lunch, Like, there's a lot more to it. Like let's say, let's say I was in Dallas and I was like just trying to kind of kill some time during the day, and I went and had lunch at Benigan's, which, okay didn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I might get a drink. Okay, But let me push back, because Shannon hears about the story and she lot She's like, oh, yeah, yeah, it wasn't it was a sparkling water with Cranberry. And that's when I've never sat at a bar alone to order a mocktail.
Speaker 2: Never ever, ever, especially since in front of them she's still drinking. So you think behind the scenes by yourself, she's gonna get a mocked tail exactly. No, if she's gonna get a mocktail, she'd do it at the thing, right. Oh that is yeah. No, it's sad. It's really hard to watch and talk about, but maybe it's the best thing for her.
Speaker 1: So now it's time for I also do feel like she's so desperate for this money to be on the show, because who would do this? Who would be on this show? They're treating her so poorly. I know I'm being harsh on her, but I'm just saying, like, it's crazy that she's even putting up with it.
Speaker 2: I know it really is.
Speaker 1: It's really well, really humiliating and embarrassing. And if I were her children, I would just be mortified that this is all playing out publicly.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, so then they go to the SPA, and I wanted your take on that. Like I I when they come out and they're like, I'm a perfumer or whatever she says. You know, I hate all this time. I know you do, and you know it's I love it. I love it, and it's so like I kind of was like, I kind of want to make you go do this just to see. But then Emily is not like the other girls, like okay, think of a scent that you really like, and she's like a dogs or didn't say that like tacos.
Speaker 1: Yeah see see that's well.
Speaker 2: I don't push back like I thought that was funny. I mean, it's kind of funny, but it's just like we get it. You're really tough Emily. I don't think she's try I literally think she wasn't trying to be funny. I think she just didn't understand the assignment and was like, okay, that's fair, here's a smell I like tacos, which I just thought it was funny because she wasn't. She wasn't understanding that they're like no, like eucalyptus or you know, right right right lavender. I love that though, although the poor like assistant that had to come out and like explain a lot of stuff seemed so young and like new and didn't really even understand how the shit worked that I don't like, like if I'm going to pay big money at the spot for the perfumer or whatever. You better know your shit. You can't come out and be like hi, ladies, Okay, I'm gonna take you guys back and then we have your lavender wraps and like it's like I need more authority. Yes, And it's experience.
Speaker 1: It also has that thing of where like where you're at a restaurant and it's sort of an inexperienced waiter and they're like, yeah, a lot of people like this. A lot of people order the you know, it's kind of a favorite. Like a lot of people really like the mac and cheese here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hate that, like or yeah, she seemed like somebody that was shadowing the job. Maybe we don't shadow the job when we're filming for the Housewives and you're trying to like get your spa on the you know, we're doing an advertisement for your spa. It's poor girl. I mean, she did her best, she did better than I could do, but she just was she was too inexperienced for the moment. Yes, that's why she's like yes, And then there's this one Okay, so these are awake, rejuvenate whatever I really like awake, and Emily's not having it at that moment. She's like, yeah, all right, how much can I put in here? Just grabs a bottle and just try that. I did. I did enjoy that. I want to like Emily. She just makes it hard sometimes. Okay, So then I just wrote love Gina. I can't read my handwriting. Oh Gina gets a new dog. That's what I wrote. Yes, yes, everyone that she has a dog.
Speaker 1: And because of my house, I'm having all this construction at my house. So now I gotta stay with Treavi, which is hard for him, Like.
Speaker 2: She kicks him out then puts all this money into her own house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically, she's like, maybe Traavis doesn't like that. Maybe it looks like I'm moving on without Trevis. But you know, like maybe if you're so rich that you don't need Travis anymore, like maybe get a hotel or just live through the construction like everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're Travis.
Speaker 2: I always together though it's okay, I yes, but.
Speaker 1: Is he just putting up with Like is he just like I guess you know if I know we're not because she kept saying like, I don't know if we're ever going to live together again.
Speaker 2: So is she giving this poor guy false hope? I don't know. I think it does come back to the kids her. He's got this awful divorce with his ex right being awful, and then it's really chaotic for all her kids, and she's like, I don't want to put them through that. This is these are their formative years. I don't I can't do it so for their safety. But I mean by the time when they're eighteen, they could live together, right. I guess I don't know work this shit out, but yeah, my daughter. I asked my daughter. I was like, you want to go three episodes and she's like yeah, yeah, okay. So then Shannon gets a call from.
Speaker 1: It and they show the daughters like crying. That's the thing that was so weird is she's like, yeah, I don't want to be doing this to like my my kids, but like they want to, and then cut to her kids like sobbing about it.
Speaker 2: She's like, it's gonna be okay, O God, Yeah, they've been through a lot, these kids. Yeah, it's a lot they all have, so, I mean all their kids. But so Shannon gets a call from her lawyer. This is big John did not accept the offer. Absolutely not, and he's ready to go to court, but he didn't take half. Yeah, so now I wrote, now Emily gets Now Emily's being nice. I wish she's always could use her her power for good because she is powerful. M h, let's use it for good, Emily, for the next time that you get drunk and decide to yell at people. Not great. Yeah, but I didn't hate her in this moment, so then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, uh, and Shannon's like, I won't go up another penny. It's the principle. So yeah, So everybody rallies around her, But at some point, don't you think they're kind of like, oh my god, enough, like enough Jim.
Speaker 2: I think because they're seeing her breakdown the way that they are there, they've softened, at least this group has. Yes, they've softened, and they do tiptoe around her. But then you got the other group and they're having a discussion about it, and Alexis is like, yeah, Johnny, and so they somebody she said she Alexis is like, at some point I was just like, just settle Johnny, but he's not, like he won't and I'm behind him all the way or whatever. Right, And also John's an alcoholic. I love all the finger pointing, but he drank just as much as she did.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that was half their relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yes, So he's ready to go in and sue and then this is the big moment, they're all talking whatever.
Speaker 1: He also usually takes an alcoholic to be getting so mad at somebody else, like to be interesting, constantly going like, yeah, there's such an alcoholic. So I'm sure they drank together.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah they did. We saw it, We saw it. He was not great, and I don't always see that shit. Well I wasn't why, I mean, was that on the show a lot at that time? Yeah, he was on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see I never saw him on the show, so I don't I don't. I guess I don't know. I didn't watch that season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you didn't. So he was pretty awful. Yeah, and he was drunk. They were always getting drunk. That was their thing. Okay, for sure. So he's just he's he's not great. But it came right after David Badore. So you're sort of like, I don't know, because Shannon's not. Shannon's so codependent on these guys, as is Alexis, as is so many of these people, so you're just like, I don't even know. Maybe he's better than David. I don't know. They always seem okay at first, like Brooks, right, Brooks was filling up that love tank, as Vicky used to say, but you know he was the worst of them. Yeah, So okay, now guess we're sort of what we're saying is Terry's starting to look really good. Terry's not as fun if we're just basing it, especially when it becomes the moon. That little thing that was cute that they did. You have to go back and watch that. They just put a circle around his head and then it just turned.
Speaker 1: Into yes, I saw it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now let me let's talk about this video because this is where it actually gets exciting, at the very end of the episode. So, Gina, wait, I've got.
Speaker 1: So many more pages. This is you're at the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: No, no, I have a full page.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have. Yeah. They start talking about the fact that uh yeah, they're all like okay. The other group is saying, like, just pay him, she should just pay him. But then Jen, Alexis, Heather, and Tamra start talking about the fact that Heather invited Katie just to be inclusive, right, and there's kind of makeing fun of her, but Heather's like, yeah, I mean, I'll be cordial, but like, we don't need to be friends. And I just wrote I fully agree with this. Yeas everybody's so bought into the fact that, like Heather needs to be best friends with Katie, Heather could be friends with whoever the fuck she wants to be friends with. She's not mean, she's never she has not been mean to Heather. She's not causing any arguments. But at the thing when when she invited her and and Katie, I'm talking about Katie, and Katie kept trying to push like, hey, I just really want to apologize, and Heather was like, we don't need to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to litigate this like the way I expect this because we'd already exactly had this conversation before, not you and I. But Heather, like I felt like I was so ready because they kept showing in previews that we were going to get to this video, right, I'm just like, I don't care. I can't not you. I'm not saying this to you, but like I can't I can't keep trying to make Katie a thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's fine, we're at the video I'm at the video part. I'm caught up with you.
Speaker 2: Okay. So then so this is I got so excited, I mean not excited, that's not that's the wrong word, but just ready to actually have content because so Gina, Okay, here's the question. Gina says that he was in an accident. She says, for those who don't know, like, oh yeah, that video thing, and she Hannon's like, what video thing? What video thing? So I think Keena did it on purpose to like get the storyline going. Yes, you think so too? Oh yeah, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't if it was truly an accident, then they wouldn't have even shown it, don't you think.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I think it's a good thing that they did. It turned out to be a good thing. It got Shannon to do the thing to just like make it stop right in some way.
Speaker 1: Also, did kind of tell you that it was I definitely think he was extorting her, absolutely, because clearly.
Speaker 2: She didn't want that to come out. But she didn't even know that. That's what's so weird. You would have thought that John Jansen would have like told her that earlier just to get his money. But somehow he's like, well, I'm going to take you to court, and he didn't. She didn't know. Maybe he didn't want her to be like prepared. So it's supposed to be a big surprise, but everybody else knew. Yeah, I mean I don't, but I don't know that I buy that it was such a secret.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I buy that Shannon didn't know. And then oh I said anything.
Speaker 2: She's not good of an actress. She was like wait, what No, that's felt very real.
Speaker 1: I feel like if that was on camera, I feel like there would have been a lot of like stop the cameras, what's happening?
Speaker 2: But then why no? I disagree? Why would she be that shocked and that upset. I don't think she can fake it when they brought it. I don't think she knew. I think Gina did on purpose, but I don't think Shannon knew. I don't know how because she they're like, yeah, I'm gonna have a video.
Speaker 1: So hard on myself and he's trying to take me down. I've done so much work on myself. God, he's a monster. I don't understand. I'm going to call my lawyer.
Speaker 2: Right, So she goes, she leaves to call the lawyer. I just thought, I mean god, at this point I did things sort of poor Shannon. And then Gina's like, I feel horrible, like do you? But it's like I said, it's good she knows. It's good that she knew at this point because when we come back, we do have a scene before this, but when we come back, she's like, yeah, I just told the lawyers him pay him whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: Well, not exactly, she said, I just said you money he wants.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, she didn't come from like a place of strength at this point. But that's why I don't think that she knew. She's not an actress. I just think is highly unstable. But then why then she was already saying I'm not going to do it, and then she's like, now the lawyer, I got to call my lawyer. I don't know, I believe it. I just don't think they're good enough to do that, Like, I don't think she knows how to do that. So somehow they just did not tell her, and they're like, let's wait for the moment. Gina's like, I'm going to take my moment. Now, I got to stay on the TV show. I need to pay for shit, right right. Yeah, So I think that's how that went down. So before we get to that, we go back to Alexis's I just wrote Alexis is yelling they're back at don Ranch or they're they're all at Don Ranch anyway, right, this is yelling.
Speaker 1: I have that Katie and Emily are in hot tubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they get in the hot the super hot baths and they just in here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they but they're they're they're discussing the fact that maybe they should ask Alexis to call off Johnny J. And then they're talking about Shannon. They're like, you know, she doesn't have a partner, she's she's all alone. Maybe Alexis will understand. And then yeah, okay, yeah, so everyone's then calling people.
Speaker 2: Are you at that part?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Camera calls her daughter, who's kind of rude, and I'm like, stop trying to humanize Camera.
Speaker 2: And her daughter really And then oh okay, oh, I have something to say about this next little part that you probably didn't even think about, but it bugs me so bad.
Speaker 1: So Jen calls Ryan right and she's like, Hi, Hi, So, oh did the kids get blah blah blah. And he's like, yeah, I took the kids to soccer and then I got on pizza or whatever. And she's like, I'm a lucky girl. And he's like, no, I'm lucky because I get to sleep it in bed naked with you every night. This is so gross and he does this in so many scenes. It's so disgusting, and we are going to find out what a fucking slimeball this.
Speaker 2: Guy is.
Speaker 1: And why is he Why is he sexualizing her? Why is he doing that? It's so weird. Remember he didn't remember the other scenes where he was like, yeah, we're gonna go to Vegas and you know, I don't mind paying for everything because I'm going to see your dress off of you on the side of the bed, crumpled it on the side of the bed, remember, And she's like, he's.
Speaker 2: Horrible, She's horrible. The whole show is horrible. Oh he's so gross.
Speaker 1: He's so gross for saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he's nasty. I'm not a fan. I just you know what it is. Here's what it is, and I don't want to sound checked out because I'm not. I'm with you. I've made these notes as well. But I think because the show is really only about this Shannon situation, like everything else to me so far, other than Heather doing good things, it's like nothing, you know, It's like like none of that matters except for this tape. And I'm not saying that. I'm glad Alexis is on to make the show, but that's the only to me. I'm like, I don't care about any of this at all, Like even r I mean, it is gross that Ryan says things like that, but I'm just like, all I can think about is Shannon and her lawyer. Yeah, ui, because there's a big scene. We still have one more big thing that happens there. She calls, and it's not, no, we shouldn't skip over. You're right, like we shouldn't skip over. We're recapping the show. But I'm just sort of I write down sort of half thoughts and then I'm like, okay, yeah, Channon. So like she she's like, as you say, she's like give him money once and it's sad. So then she decides obviously she's she can't go to dinner, and I don't blame her. That's why I think it's all very real. She's like, can't get out of her robe, she can't stop. She doesn't put makeup on, like it's legit, and she's not going to go to dinner, but Heather doesn't to. Heather is sort of doing her own things. So she comes over and she's like, you're not dressed. This isn't dinnerware m hmmm, and she's like, can I talk to you? And that moment where Shannon's telling her like Okay, now she's going to tell Heather the truth. What did you think about this? Or she's like, I woke up in the hospital and I don't even remember, but then I remembered. I sent Johnny Jay a text. So she's said, okay, can you help me understand this moment? She sent a photo of herself right after the accident or hospital I think right after the accident, seconds because she says she blacked out, but she said there was seconds and when she looked at the timestamp, there was seconds. Where she sends him a picture of her all bloodied and she looks really crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, She's like got blood running down her face. It's like Halloween level. So I don't know. I don't know. I wasn't one hundred percent sure when she took the picture. But basically what she's upset about, and we know from the gossip, from those stories, we know that he told her you're drunk, like, don't drive, and that she was like, fuck you, I'm gonna drive. I don't give a fuck. But now she's mad, So I think he was like, what are you doing, like get away from my house or whatever, like she was making a scene and she was very drunk, and he was like, you're you're being a drunk idiot right now, right? This was the whole thing that we know is kind of what happened. But how does he not know that she took the keys and took the dog? How was she Where was she going to take Archie? Did he think she was going for a walk?
Speaker 2: See? That is that is suspicious to me. I can see on one end where you'd be like, just get the fuck out of my face. You are insane. I would have just called the cops on someone like her, But like, where did he think she was going with the dog?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: And that's her point. He's such a monster that he didn't give a shit.
Speaker 1: Well he did. He clearly didn't m m he. I mean who and who knows why? I can't say. I can't say what the relationship was. I mean it sounds to me like they they were they broke up and he was like, don't drive, you're you're drunk, and then she did anyway, and then she's like, see, see what happened. I'm in the hospital, and maybe he was like if I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He didn't. Okay, here's the real question. He's saying he didn't know, like he didn't hear. Because they're like, well, how soon after when you were in the like pulling out? Like, how soon did this accident happen? She's like, I don't know, three to five seconds?
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: So they're like, wouldn't John Jansen have heard this commotion, this explosion, like all that went down, the cops coming all that, Like, why did John Jansen write?
Speaker 1: But how well? How far away was where she had the accident?
Speaker 2: She said like five seconds? But I was confused.
Speaker 1: Was the spot where she had the accident and hit the building? Why that actually down the street? Right?
Speaker 2: It was close? I think it was pretty close, But I'm not one and so then we have so she's basically implying, why did he not hear that? Why didn't he hear all the commotion? And on top of that, she's saying, yeah, and I sent him a photo. Then he's pretending like I don't understand what's happening, the cop for bringing Archie back and you're in the hospital, as though he didn't know beforehand. But she sent She's saying and showing, Heather, I sent him this photo, so he did know. So why is he pretending? So? I didn't even know who to believe, because you know, Shannon seems like a very unreliable narrator, especially in that moment where she's so blacked out she didn't even know she was in the hospital. Later, right, so do we? I don't know who to I don't know what to do here. Horrible.
Speaker 1: It's hard because I just think with and this is where I know that I look like a monster who doesn't care. But I also feel like I don't know how all of this is his response. I don't know how she doesn't take responsibility for any of it. Even the outer math of her accident is like somehow he's the monster, And I say she's a monster forgetting a DUI. I'm not saying that it's terrible, and she's dealing with trauma right now. It's just hard to see her constantly wanting to she just is so angry at this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, she's taking no she's taking no accountability.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, and I am very scene with her is like, guys, everybody please feel sorry for me? Can you believe this is happening to me? And it's like I'm saying, I'm of two minds. One is like, oh my god, enough already. But on the other hand, bravo, fuck bravo for putting her in a situation where it's in her face. Every scene is in her face, and Alexis is like laughing about it, and it's that's parts terrible. I know Alexus is a monster too, and Alexis is like being John Jay's mouthpiece.
Speaker 2: She's like a minion. Yes, she's just terrible, just just horrendous. The whole thing's horrenda So the Heather has a big react. That's the end of the episode where Heather's like, oh my god, and that all felt very real. That's why I believe all this unfolded in real time. I don't believe there's no way Shannon knew about the video. She would have settled a long time ago. She can't be that good of an actress. And when Heather's all that picture, she had never seen that before. Because like Shannon's shaking showing her phone, you know, which, that felt relatable. She's like, I need to kind of reminded me of someone. I won't talk about this, but someone we both know. Sometimes Shannon does have that thing where she's just like everything Maybe it's maybe this is why you get upset too, or we get upset is because she Shannon, is everything so big that even the really big thing like this, You're like, well, everything's been this big, everything's huge.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm not sure and this is and I'm not I'm not arguing it, but you could tell me, like, why is this so big?
Speaker 2: It's already happened, right, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why this is such a like a gotcha moment on who.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean the photo the photo that she shows Heather, Yeah, because she's trying to say that she sent him this photo timestamp wise before she even went to the hospital, so he's him pretending like he didn't know that she'd been in this accident until they brought Archie back. I don't know, there's some sort of time stamp situation where they're going.
Speaker 1: Right, but how is it? Like I don't understand how that's going to be such a big gotcha, like does he have some moral responsibility to like take it.
Speaker 2: Hurts her too? Like, well, it was a really terrible accident, and everybody us included, were like you put your your old senior lab labrador in the car.
Speaker 1: Right, And now it's sort of like can you believe he did this to me? Not not really like embarrassed about like what the aftermath of this accident was, but just like can you believe he didn't come help me?
Speaker 2: I just got this, like this is really weird. I don't know what. Maybe this is hormones or something, but I just got this like overwhelming sense of sad, like the big picture of how freaking sad. This is how sad that all last season everyone's like you're an out, you know, the alcoholic stuff. Started talking to about it at the reunion. Everybody was saying it long before that, but they were yelling at her at the reunion, and the fact that she got the DUI so shortly after, Like she's been really sick for a long time, and now I'm just like really mad. I'm so sad and I'm so mad, and this is just like not funny. For sure, it's not funny. It's not funny, it's not entertaining. But also, I you know, Shannon is her whole thing right now is trying to prove to us that she doesn't have a problem with alcohol. She's totally fine, that's not a problem. She worked so hard on herself at rehab, which wasn't rehab. She keeps reminding us she and she can totally drink now, just fine, she has no problem sticking to two drinks, which we all see that that's not the case. And we know that they talked to her about it before and she refused to take responsibility or hear them before, and then almost the worst happened. I think Chavo has a responsibility to make her go to rehab. Say you have to go to a re rehab for like sixty days. Yeah, maybe they even pay, but Bravo, I know they won't.
Speaker 1: They don't. Like they're they're also liable for this. If you want to say, John Jansen is liable for for whatever, you know, not coming out coming to her rescue. What Bravo should be too.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think that they should say, listen, we've hit a wall where we can't like ethically support this. We want you're part of our family, we want you on the show, but we and we are going to pay for sixty days of rehab, of real rehab, and then we're going to start sort of assessing whether or not, like you know, and they are maybe that's all, maybe that you do that and then it's up to you. But like something, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, they put Drinda on a pause because she clearly had a drinking problem. Drinda is another one who like clearly is one of the worst alcoholics and yet doesn't no no, no drinking.
Speaker 2: They didn't put her on pause because she had a drinking problem. They put her on pause because she would she's it was difficult, and she would come out. She was coming after a production every now and then and saying like yelling at them and saying things like I'm going to sue. You know, she was going to try to kind of tear it down the way that like Brandy is trying to do, like or Leah or whoever. So you know, she was becoming really difficult, and she was such a mean, awful drunk that people were just sort of like, I don't think, but Shannon's not like that. So yeah, they don't care about the drinking part. They weren't worried about Derinda's health, not at all. She's just becoming a problem for the show. You're so right, I'm so mad, and saying with Kelly Dodd. So once Kelly Dodd turned her venom on production, which she continued to do against Andy Cohen and whatever, and she's and Kelly Dodd maybe all the housewives that have ever existed, probably the worst person they've ever had on the show. I you know that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Bravo is just very irresponsible.
Speaker 2: I think so too. But then that's the question not to get see, that's the problem. I'm so mad at this show because our job is to try to make it funny. We haven't. I can't make this funny. It's not funny. No, And that's all right, you know what this is. It's no baby Reindeer, but it's good close.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, everybody, this has been long enough. Yeah, it's enough enough for you, guys. What do we have coming up for these people? We have good news for you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Golden Bachelorette is starting in just two weeks, so follow us on Rosebrick's Patreon. We are so excited for that. Yeah. Also, we will continue to bring you Housewives and ninety Day, and then in about a month we are going to cover in real time the new US Love is Blind. Yes, we are regular feed peek behind the curtain on our regular feed. And I got some of the episodes because I'm a reviewer, so I got some early and you guys are not going to want to miss this. This is going to be a really good season. I've already watched like an episode, so let's go. Yes, I'm so glad I've kind of turned you around on this, you have. I just on my own, not for any TV, not for any TV, not for any podcast. I watched all of Love is Blind UK and I did love it. Oh yeah, a lot of people loved it. Yeah. So yeah, no, I can't wait for you to bring you Yeah, We're going to keep going, so we get a lot coming all.
Speaker 1: Right, Thanks guys. Sign up for Patreon for Golden Bachelorette. We can't wait. We'll talk to you real soon.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,