Speaker 1: Hi, this is Fred Green of Golf Smarter with our spring back into Golf season with the late Tony Manzoni. In previous years of replaying these episodes as part of our archived content, we kept it to a hand picked selection of nine. But this time and for the future, because of your response, we're going to feature every episode in order that Tony discussed his single pivot swing method, his incredible College of the Desert Golf Team's success, his book and video, and stories about his relationship with the rich and famous from Palm Springs, including the godfather of his daughter, Frank Sinatra. Last episode from July twenty eleven was just after he released his book The Loss Fundamental, One Simple Move, Better Golf Forever. We recorded this just after his video of the same name was published on DVD. After he passed away in twenty eighteen, both the book and the DVD were out of so we were instrumental in getting his widow to agree to republish the book on Amazon, including the Kindle format, and allowing us to distribute the video online. All this was with the promise to create a tax deductible fund created in his memory to benefit the first t of Coachella Valley. For more on Tony and everything we were able to find on him, please go to Golfsmarter dot com. If you'd like access to the video, please write to me directly golf Smarter podcast at gmail dot com, or click on the Heyfred button when you visit golfsmarter dot com.
Speaker 2: For members only.
Speaker 3: Golf Smarter number three hundred and twenty eight published on April tenh twenty twelve. Stop Topping the Ball Forever with Tony Mantoni.
Speaker 4: This is golf.
Speaker 1: Smarter sharing tips and insights from golfers and golf professionals to help lower your score. It's worked for your host, Fred.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to golf Smarter for members only. Tony.
Speaker 4: How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well and I'm so glad to have you back on the show. You are such a fan favorite, a listener favorite on golf Smarter. I'm just so pleased that you've gotten such nice reaction from the Golf Smarter audience.
Speaker 4: Well, I do appreciate that, Fred, And you know this is a labor of love for me and I'm sure it is for YouTube. Oh yeah. We have a passion about golf and golf instruction and you know, I'm just trying to get something out there that helps people. It's not an ego basis. I've done a lot of reading and I believe every day that I listen to people teach, I learned something and I'm just trying to get this down to where it's great for the consumer, that they can understand it and do it well.
Speaker 3: That's what's so special about your teaching is that you are able to communicate it in a fashion that the average, the average golfer, the just the lay person understands what you're saying. And it's not so technical, but it is concise. And I think that that also is true to a testimony to how well your teams do at College of the Desert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do have a great record, and we're off to a good start again with four and zero in league playing and we've played three in vacationals one, two and and that was the second place in one, so we're off and running. We're going after our twenty fourth consecutive year to win the conference, which is kind of crazy, but yeah, it is what it is. And you know, we have a new team every two years, so it's not like we have this dynasty that we're building here. But well, I mean, the weather, the weather doesn't certainly doesn't hurt. So we draw some nice young men and so far we've been lucky. Keep drawing them and we're saying the right things and they're producing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what's so interesting is you say that these these kids only play for two years.
Speaker 2: What age are your team members? What are they raised?
Speaker 4: Right out of high school? You know, it's eighteen nineteen years old, So they're all yet man, and they all have a dream of, you know, playing this game professionally, So we try to put them on that track. Obviously they all can make it. We show them the work ethic that's needed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I know that I know that you don't have much of an issue talking about your age.
Speaker 4: How old are you again, I'm seventy five.
Speaker 3: You're seventy five, and you're dealing with eighteen and nineteen year old which could easily be grandchildren or even great grandchildren at some point.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, they really might. They become my children, There's no question about that. Yeah, And I love it, I really do. I learned from them in some ways. It keeps me from getting caught in the gap, you know, and staying segments. So it's a win win for both of us well, and.
Speaker 3: It goes back to what we were just speaking on that you're a ability to communicate with eighteen and nineteen year olds and clearly to have going on your twenty fourth consecutive regional championship, you must be doing something to gain their respect, to not have attitude from these kids, because that's an age where they can really have a lot of attitude when they come in and tell you that, what do you know, old man? You know, it's I'm just so impressed.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's not easy at times. I'm not going to say that it's always simple. We get a few kids. But you know, as I tell all the boys on my team, I don't care if you're a plus five. If you're a jerk and you want to stay a jerk, then you're not going to be part of my team because winning championships is important, but a billion character is much more important. And that's what I'm really here for. A lot of these young people haven't had a lot of parenting for whatever reason, and that's part of my responsibility is as a golf coach, is to help them on that. Part of it because the majority of them are going to go on to work in the golf business or do something, and it's my responsibility to show them what they need to do to be successful. And you know, that's just how it goes. And I love the kids, and you know, I learned a little bit. I mean, I'm not really crazy about their music, but they're not crazy about Frank Sinatra either.
Speaker 2: So they have a lot to learn.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll tell you something.
Speaker 3: I can almost guarantee you that it's going to be faster for them to appreciate Sinatra than it will be for you to appreciate their music, because I know when my when my younger kid came out of college and started telling me about Frank Sinatra, discovered Frank Sinatra and how cool he was. I'm like, oh my gosh, you're kidding. Really, that doesn't mean I have to listen. I don't have to listen now all cool jay do I.
Speaker 4: That's funny to popular, But you know, every you know, when we were kids, we had our own little fashions and some of the things. And I try not to be too you know, judgmental about some of the things they do, but some of the things that I can see that it's a determ from them and people are going to misjudge them. But where their pants down and all that sag and stuff, And I don't want to jump on them being critical pull your pants and that kind of thing, because that just makes them resist more. So I try to explain to them, you know, what they're projecting and how that hurts them financially and also people draw conclusions about them that aren't true, and a little by little by little bartipulate way and just trying to make sense without saying don't it starts changing and that's always.
Speaker 3: For the better.
Speaker 2: That's a nice approach.
Speaker 4: I tell them you got choices in life. You can be common or you can be special, and I really really hope you choose specially. And when you talk like that, their eyes open up a little bit, you know, so their minds.
Speaker 3: Well, that was a great piece of That's a great golf tip right there for any parent and any teacher.
Speaker 2: That's that's a great piece of advice. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, as we dole out these congratulations, let me also throw out that the DVD, the Lost Fundamental DVD has been created, published and released and It will be available on the Golf Smarter website. Thank you very much, as well as the loost Fundamental dot com. Talk to me about your new DVD, The Lost Fundamental, that supports the book The Lost Fundamental, One Simple Move, Better Golf Forever.
Speaker 4: Well, I was lucky enough to meet the young man by the Adrian Hertze, and he really helped me put this together. When we're trying to do a DVD, it's really easy to talk too much and trying to get your point across, so we edit it down to her. It's almost almost too simple, but that's the way I wanted it, and I think it's going to be very effective if people watch it. You have to watch it a couple of times. Is the only downside to it. You realize how old I really am. I've got a young voice. But anyway, all kidding aside, I'm very happy with the DVD. It's just a reflection of the book and for those of us that learn better by watching, I think it shures the purpose.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Tell me about where you start on the DV. Well, how is the DVD different than the book.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just visual. The concept is there. It's the same it's the same concept. But you see I use three different age groups and teach them basically the same thing. You can see their flexibility issues are different. But again, what I primarily say is, look, this works for everybody, and this is an easy way to play the game. And you're not to injure your back. Uh. That's that's the message. And I promise you that if you look at so many of the young players on tour, they're they're staying centered over that golf ball. They're not moving their head to the right anymore. Uh. And and and it's not something new, it's something that they're going they're going back to. It's what It's what Hogan did, It's what Nicholas did, it's what Palmer did, it's what Trevino did. None of those guys swayed off the ball, and and their careers lasted a long time. As we hit a certain age, it's really hard to move off the ball and back onto it while you're trying to hit that thing in the back of the back of it. You know, it's really hard to do that. It's it's it's doable, but the older you get, it becomes impossible. So that's what that's what my DVD's But you can actually see the person doing this, and that's that's the proof of the pudding.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I noticed that as well, and I think that the thing that came across in our multiple conversations before even that you have the pictures in the book, but you talk about this way and how that's just deadly to your swing.
Speaker 4: Right. It's just you know, there's been some great players, Curtis Strang, who's a big swayer off the ball. There's some great players that were but I don't think you can continue that, especially as you get into your senior years. And so what I think, I think it becomes almost impossible. Most of the people you see on the driveway and you see them get off their right foot and their body swings back. They're going in the opposite direction, and then they say, well, I guess I'm getting older and I can't hit anywhere. Well, you can't hit anywhere with your arms, but if you learn how to use your core properly and get your body in the right position relative to the ball and impact, you can hit it a lot farther than you think you can. And that's what I'm finding. That's the thing that I hear more than anything else. I'm hitting the father, and that's from people that are fifty sixty seven, even eighty six years old taking a lesson from me, and he claims is farther than he did when he was twenty and twenty years old. I'm not twenty years old and twenty years ago. So because he's hitting more square, and that's the whole thing. You don't mishit it when you're on the ball, when you're moving back and forth, it's just so hard to catch a flush.
Speaker 3: I recently took a trip with my buddies. I talk about this every year we go on this golf trip, and I noticed one of the things in looking at photographs of us at the end of the weekend. I have one friend who just he has no distance.
Speaker 2: He has a.
Speaker 3: Really tough time hitting the ball farther than one hundred and fifty hundred and sixty yards. And I notice that not only is he most of his weight is on his back foot throughout the swing and definitely at the end of his swing, but he also does not help me on this one. He doesn't pivot his back foot at all. He's right handed, so it's his right foot. But when he's done with the swing, not only is he leaning far back, but his right foot, his back foot is still pointed to where the ball was tied up.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, and as it must be, because if you put any any weight at all on the right side and then try to turn your body left or it has to go gets stuck. And and I'll tell you put a lot of pressure on your lower back. So for the listeners out there that are doing that, just put all your weight on your left foot to lift your heel of your right foot off off the ground so that you're just on the till and barely weight there. And then just turn your chest and shoulders. You'll see that you can turn left quide a ways. Then if you put some weight on that right foot, try the same thing and you'll see that you'll stop midweight. And that's where most people are, so they don't get the full force of the body driving through that golf ball. Actually, a good boxer, you know, it isn't in our motion. It's a body motion, and and everything throwing the ball, whatever the body has to be, has to be in position for the throw. It has to be in position for the punch. So if it's not a position you're going to, it's going to be a weak motion. And that's what this is all about. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here and then Holding discover this as have a lot of players. But the closer you're the center of gravity of the body is about four or five inches below the naval The closer that center of gravity is during the backswing to a pivot lake, the faster you're gonna pivot, and the freer you're gonna pivot. That's just that's just a scientific fact. That's not that's not Tony Manzoni's theory or anybody else's theory. That's just how it is. And Holding the smart enough to discover this. In a book called Maximum Gulf Uh with one of his students, John Sleeve, he said, I find that the more I'm on the left side of the top of the slane, I can pivot my shoulders faster on my left my left axis, consequently hitting the ball farther. So Hogan made the statement a often time ago. It's just that there's as so many people caught this thing. Well, isn't that reverse weightship? No? I had nothing to do with reverse wayship reverse weight ships is on the on the dolls wing where your body is going backwards towards the right foot. You can put all the weight you want on the left side at the top as long as you move forward with the second move. So you know, I mean, you know, when you try to hit the ball low, you're you're moving forward, then the club closes a little bit. Well, in a sense, we're just centering ourselves on the golf ball instead of putting our heads behind the golf ball, and we make contact as we're turning through the ball. We're not We're not making contact as we face the ball. We're making contact as our body has rotated towards the target. If you think about Alaka Sorensen, she had only one of the best moves I've ever seen except for Hogan, because she looked like she was looking at the target when she hit the ball. But that just because she was moving through prior to impact, and that's where all that power came from.
Speaker 3: At the very beginning of this answer, you mentioned lifting the heel of your right foot. Now, is that just as a test or in your setup, as a.
Speaker 4: Test as a test, but one of the things that I do to ensure. As I put my right foot, I kicked my knee in and I put I really feel my weight on the inside edge of my right foot, and as I coil, I try not to gather any more weight than that position. And then when my hip turns behind me, my shoulder turns behind me, I'm actually displacing weight more towards the left side. If I was in a cylinder and I turned my right shoulder, my weight would be going towards my left side. There's no question about that, and no one could argue with that. And so what I'm doing is I'm bracing between the instep of the right foot and and the and the instep of the left foot. So I embraced there, but primarily the majority of my weight is left, okay, because that's where I have to have that impact. So I'm just kind of cheating a little bit. I'm getting it over there sooner. See. Now, all I have to do is to rotate hard rotator around that axis and the club head comes the last. My body is first and I get I get terrific compression on the ball. You know, for our old guy, I can still hit the ball. They're pretty good. Uh, shockingly Uh. And I'm certainly not a physical specimen, but I'm in the position to hit it as destiny with as much power that I have. And I think everybody out there probably hasn't reached that position unless they've read my book and been practicing. Uh. If they're in the middle of their stands or on that right side where they're hitting the golf ball in, there's no way that they're compressing the golf ball like they can.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then of course there's the the sweeping of the ball versus the compress of the ball, you know, or trying to lift the ball. That's the other thing I found that the same player did. Not only is he not turning, but he's with all that weight going backwards. It looks as if he's trying to lift the ball. He's not letting the club do its job well.
Speaker 4: With your way going backwards, your arms skill only goes so far and then they start going up. So, as I tell people, when you hit a ball fat or he hit the ball thin, it's because you're behind the ball. That's that's the reason. I mean, you know, it shows itself in a different forms, but you're behind the ball. When you're loving through the ball, the club is still it's actually shallowing out. But when you stay way behind it, the club that is going up, it has to go up because your center of your swing is a foot or two behind that golf ball. So so the forward arc starts way too early. And that's why a lot of people can't get an iron in the air because they're too far behind the ball.
Speaker 3: Oh well, actually, now that we're going to cont I know this friend is not listening to this, so I'm going to keep in. I'm not even to use his name, So I'm going to keep talking about this because I noticed so many things after talking with you so many times. I'm now looking at at other people so differently than I had in the past, because basically I wasn't looking at them, I was looking at their ball. But he tops the ball a lot, I mean, there's there. It's frequent that the ball is rolling off off the tee.
Speaker 2: I mean he rarely.
Speaker 3: We get all excited when he hits the ball in the air. Woo, great hit. Whether it goes right or left, it doesn't matter. It's like, oh you got it, you make great contact. Do you hit the ball in the air.
Speaker 4: Well, there's two things that cause topping. I've always believed when people say you looked up, that's just infanity because nobody's looking up. But what if you tighten up prior to impact where everything stops. When you tighten your hands, and in the anticipation of impact, your arms pulled back, your muscles contract so the club comes up a little bit. That's one way to top it. That's how most people. I always tell people, you top it because you're tight, not look up.
Speaker 2: But wait, and how how can we notice?
Speaker 3: Because I noticed that he when he's about to hit the ball, even when he pulls his club back, his whole face just turns into as if he's he's trying to How do I be kind about that?
Speaker 4: He's got to look it's because he's he's he has a hit thought. He's absolutely doing it perfect. He's telling his body that he's going to hit something. The body FLEs it up, getting ready for that blow. Uh. That's why everyone talks about swinging through the ball, swinging past the ball, using the ball as a point of reference to line line the body, but not not as a target once When you when you do that, your instincts are going to jump right in and you're going to tighten up your hands and you're going to do it now. Some great players can purposely try to hit it a little harder, but I promise you we've all done this. We take one more thub on a hole because we think, well, I'll hit an easy five instead of a six, and you blow it right over the green. Well, that's because you're swung. You were trying to hear anything. You're swinging smooth, so you're you get you get maximal flexibility to get maximum uh thrust. You get everything nothing scrolling down at impact. And when we topped the ball, it's an accelerating move. Uh. That's why I say when you when you stay behind the golf ball and you're gonna you're gonna you're never gonna get fairly loose up. I can tell you that you forget about hitting the three wood in the air. It's just not gonna happen. Uh. You've got to be moving through that golf ball so that club can shallow out and catch that ball a little bit on the down. If you're hanging back, it's that club's coming up too soon and you're gonna hit. You're gonna hit the middle or top of the ball.
Speaker 3: So for somebody who's been playing the game for twenty thirty years and has all these issues, it's not going to be very easy for them to make some some changes into their swing, into their into their basic mechanics. And I don't did after all lesson it's it's still he's going to forget it next in two weeks if he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't really teach swing so much as I teach uh the relationship of the body to the golf ball. If I can get your body at address in the right position, and if I can get you to move your if you're right hand and get your right side past that ball prior to impact or at impact, I don't care what your hands do. If they're somewhat connected to the body there to they're going to react on their own. You can't purposely square the club of your hands. And that's just crazy. I get these guys say your risk has to be flat at impact. That's that's because of momentum. You can't put them there. The club's moving seventy eighty miles an hour depending on how strong you are. There's no way to do that. But if your body's in the right position, that will happen. You know, there's if you're rotating through that golf ball and you're and that club has last and your hands are going to be your hands are going to be flat in impact, they're not going to be cuffed. But once you stop that body, then the momentum of the arms going forward are going to cut the wrist. That's why that happens. It's just that people don't go through the ball. When you're hanging a golf ball, you have few mind. Has to be a position A, position B, and the balls in the way of you going to those positions. If you target the golf ball, you're never going to get the position B. And consequently you're going to cup your wrist, You're going to swing up prematurely, you're going to hang back. All those things are going to happen just because you didn't get through the ball. I mean, I have women that I teach and I say, look, when you get at the top of the swing, oh, I want you to do one thing. Get past the ball with a turning motion. And they're always so shocked when they see they hit so much farther and hit the ball up in the air. But that's I mean, that's that's the core thing here that has to happen. No matter what you do with your hands at the top of your swing, they can be cup flat. I don't I don't care about that doesn't mean anything. Then a cup wrist at the top tier with his flat wrist, who cares? What matters is at the bottom. And the only way you're going to go through impact properly is that the big muscles have to be pulled in the little muscles. Once the big muscles stopped and the little muscles move forward, all hell breaks loose. I'll let you're lucky you time it, you know, And you hear more and more players talking about I want to eliminate the timing action of the golf swing because there's just too much pressure out there. You can't get it out there and be timing the rolling of your hands and things like that. And that's been taught for years. I mean, that's how I was taught to play. You can't do that now now if you're going to play at that level.
Speaker 3: On our third and last round of the weekend, in the back nine, he was my friend was so frustrated.
Speaker 2: He said, what am I what am I doing? What can I do?
Speaker 3: I keep, you know, rolling the ball, and I'm like, are you asking me for advice? Because I kept my mouth shut all weekend and I'll be And all I said was, try.
Speaker 2: Moving the ball back about an inch in your stands.
Speaker 3: Just move the ball back a little bit and see what happens. Because if you're continuing to hit the ball, that must mean that you're you're you're you're on your upswing a little too early. Because I didn't want to say yeah, because you're leaning on your back foot because you're getting no rotation, because in the middle of a round.
Speaker 2: That's not going to help.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's no way to do.
Speaker 2: So I just said, just move the ball back and see what happens.
Speaker 3: And his next three shots were the best shots of the weekend.
Speaker 2: And he kind of looked at me, like, what where.
Speaker 4: What the essence? In essence, you move he moves his head more forward by moving the ball back. You see what I mean, I'm moving the ball back in the stands. The head position now is more forward of the ball than it was when the ball was forward. So in essence, you did kind.
Speaker 2: Of that hmm. Interesting, And I didn't even know I did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what that's what you did, you.
Speaker 2: See, because I read the Lost Fundamental.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you know absolutely notall. There's a lot there's a lot of great teachers out there, but I know that this concept is is based in the science, and I know that when the body is in the right position, you can get your best. Everybody has a best. Some of us are limited because we're not athletics, some of us are weak, whatever, But everybody can play this game and everybody can enjoy it, and everybody can get the ball up in the air that has never been, that has never been. I've never had a lesson, and of thousands and thousands of lessons that I've give, I've never had anyone not be able to get it in the air once they understand what they're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Right, right? And what about is the hip rotation?
Speaker 3: You know, as we get older, we get into our late fifties, our sixties, and god bless you in your seventies, the hip rotation. Some people just don't have that kind of flexibility. I don't know what kind of workout regimen that you have or if I have.
Speaker 4: No flexibility, No, I don't do any of that. I don't have any flexibility. But when my weight is on my left access and I turn my chest left, my hips turn left. Everything works when my when the center of my chest is to the right of my legs, like I was taught, take it back to put the stern them on top of the right leg. Okay, so there's a leaning of the upper body back behind the lower body. Then the legs have to go forward because the legs, the left hip has to align itself to the outside of the left footed impact. So there's that little sliding move that you had to make. But with this concept, what you're doing as you're coiling, as you're turning in your backs, when you're actually putting, you're actually getting to that position where you align that hip leg thing. Okay, so now you have a forward access. Now all you do is turn the top around the axis. The lower body works right with it. When you throw a ball. Did you ever think about shifting your legs or moving anything. I mean, your body, your top part is connect to the lower part. But if you chilt your top part over to the right, of course, the lower part has to go forward to bring the top part back. But when you're more centered to the ball, you're I hate to use this word stacked, but you're stacked on top of each other. So if you turn, the top of the lower part turns too, as long as there isn't wait on the right foot, and again for the for the listeners, just stand up, put primarily most of your weight on your right foot, and just take your left shoulder and turn it as left as you can. You'll see that you're hips and belly turn with it, so you don't have to worry about hip rotation. See, And that's that's one of the beautiful things about this is that you can control. And in my video I show you that. I show you that when you're at the top of that position, all you have to do is just clear your chest. Everything else will turn with it, so you don't have to get your legs out ahead of the you know, like say legs first, then top. No, you don't have to do that. So we're eliminating all these little timing things that we had to do. Hm.
Speaker 3: I have so many more questions, but we don't have time today.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to you, I.
Speaker 4: Want to talk to the pros off, So I'm just going to say. I'm sure there's some golf goes out there that are saying that guy's nuts, But all I asked you to do is try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're not.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I came out there last year with a friend of mine and you spent an hour with him.
Speaker 2: And the video is up on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It's on the golf Smarter TV channel of your you know, the highlights of the lesson that you gave my friend Neil. And I'm telling you, ever since that lesson, he has been a maniac on the golf course. He says that he continues to do what you taught him in less than an hour, and his game has just gotten so much better. He's so much more confident. So, yeah, you may be out of your mind, but it works.
Speaker 4: Well. Yeah, everyone says that anyway, But I think that I think that this is just an easier way to play. It's not the only way to play. You can be a handfer. You can fan that club open and close it on the dollsling if you choose. You just you just weigh all your way to the right and try to get it all going back to the left. You can do that too, It's been done. I only say that I say this confidently. This is an easier way to do it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Next time we get together, I want to talk about your tempo and the swing rhythm, and I want to talk about ballflight. We've never really talked about ballflight. I'd like to get your theories and ideas on that. But also my friends and I, you know, we travel every year, and you and I talked about this before, but I'm going to throw this out here right now. So we're talking about coming down to the Palm Springs area next April twenty thirteen and on. I want you to put on your calendar right now the morning of April sixth, Saturday morning. I'm hoping that you're available that you can meet with me and my three buddies. And I'm going to throw this out here to the Golf Smarter audience.
Speaker 2: If you want to be Tony. Do you do clinics?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, So Monday is Saturday morning, April sixth, twenty thirteen. If you have any interest in joining Tony Manzoni and myself on a one maybe two hour clinic, a Golf Smarter clinic one on one with Tony, you start sending me emails you let me know if your calendar. I'm giving you a year to think about this, right, I'm not going to keep mentioning it. I'm just going to throw it out here this one time, and maybe Tony Will will get something together and bring a group of people instead of just my foursome.
Speaker 4: That would be great fun, I really would do. It would be great fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Because I know that some people, some Golf Smarter Listeners, have traveled across the United States to come and have one on one sessions with you.
Speaker 4: Yes they have. I've had a ton of them, and as far away as New York. And there's a one fellow in France that is coming down on late.
Speaker 2: And he's a Golf Smarter listener.
Speaker 4: He's a Golf Smarter listener.
Speaker 2: Wow, in France. How cool is that?
Speaker 4: I Well, you know, when I first did the first interview with you, I thought this was a sum in cal kind of a deal, and I had no idea that you were worldwide. And I started getting emails from people from Switzerland and I heard of the golf maner blah blah blah, not what in the heck?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you know you were thinking radio when the first time we talked, and I think it was about the shot watch, right, it was shot watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was about shot watch. That's exactly right. So I had no idea. You know how important you're You're what you're doing is I mean, it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't know that important. I'm just saying that it's important. No, we have a we have a far reach because we're on the internet. You know, it's it's a global idea. I don't know if it's important, but what you're saying is important. I'm just giving you the soapbox.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean fellows like me that that have something to say about the golf swing, you know, whether you whether you agree or not. At least it's an opinion, that's all there, and it's people thinking. And how would I do that if it wasn't for your company? You know, I'm surely not a household name in golf. I mean, you should be family.
Speaker 2: But we don't want to hear what they.
Speaker 3: Say about you at home, all right, So let's let everybody know. Now, please come to golf smarter dot com and pick up if you haven't already picked up Tony's book, The Lost Fundamental One simple move better Golf Forever. You're one of the few who have not in the Golf Smarter audience. The book is only twenty dollars and plus shipping. Now we have to mention that they're shipping different shipping fees for overseas, for Canada and for the United States. I think the United States it's like five bucks or something. But so the book is twenty dollars now. The DVD is available again. It's only available at Golfsmarter dot com or at the Loss Fundamental dot com. But you know it's it's also lets Tony know where they're hearing about it when you buy it from us.
Speaker 2: And the DVD is.
Speaker 3: Well, you say, twenty nine ninety five thirty dollars plus the shipping. And the shipping comes from Tony, not for me, but I just help him handle all the orders and it's an easier way to come. So please come to golf Smarter dot com and go into the golfers mart there and pick up one or both of Tony's latest contributions to your game improvement, The Loss Fundamental.
Speaker 2: Tony Manzoni, you are a hero, my friend.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy talking to you and you are coming back soon right.
Speaker 4: We're not sure.
Speaker 3: You may be back in next episode or two weeks, but we can't record anything today but because our schedules won't allow. But we will get you back on very soon because I still have more questions.
Speaker 4: fALS great to me, Tony, and thank you so much for the opportunity to tell you what might series are about. It also