Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Tuesday night. It's the twenty twenty four National League Divisional Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers taking on the San Diego Padres. After splitting the first two games at Dodger Stadium over the weekend, the series now shifts down south to San Diego. Game three to night Walker Bueller on the mound, first pitch coming up at six oh eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including hearing from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse, our Dodger Insiders on the field, gain the very latest as we speak. He will join us throughout the show. He'll also go one on one with Will Smith, Dodger ketcher. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we will check in with Hurston Watson. In just a few minutes, we will head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers won Game one on Saturday night. They fell behind early but rally to win Game two. On Sunday night, the Dodgers again fell behind early, but we're unable to come back this time. The Dodgers sent Jack Flaherty to the mount in Game two on Sunday night. In the first inning, he got into some early trouble.
Speaker 4: For Jack Flaherty, the pride of Burdbank, California, Harvard Westlake Wolverine, now with the bon in his hands, starting a postseason game at Dodgers Stadium for his hometown club as tatist Let's went high and deep to left field, carrying toward the Dodger bullpen and into the bullpen for a home run. Fernando Tatist Junior loves to terrorize the Dodgers here at Dodgers Stadium, especially his second home run of the postseason makes it one nothing San Diego.
Speaker 5: Two batters in.
Speaker 2: Carnando Cities, Junior makes it a one to nothing Padres lead.
Speaker 5: Just like that.
Speaker 2: That is the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for les You. Darbish was on the mound for the Padres. In the second inning, Dodgers found themselves down three to nothing. Well, the Dodgers kind of answered back in the bottom half of the second inning. With Darbish on the mound, ta Oscar Hernandez is single the center, Max Munsey's single to right, Dodgers had something going. Will Smith drew a walk to load the bases. With nobody out for Gavin Lux.
Speaker 4: Darbish on the mound, has the ball to belt, picks it up to the letters, looks back at Mounsey on second base, focuses on Lucks at home, throws the pitch and Lucks hits it high in the air. Left field pro far calling for Taskar and Indo is little tag from third and he will score without a play. It's a sacrifice fly for Gavin Lucks. The Dodgers are on the board and now within two.
Speaker 5: It's three to one that San Diego.
Speaker 2: Gavin locks with the sack fly. That is the fresh breath of fresh air moment of the game. Presented by Atari Mechanical. Looking for reliable and heating and air conditioning services here in South of California, Look no further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner. It's a breath of fresh air and a Tari mechanical with Omar and Brittany the founders, great people. Their service is more than just a solution from a moment you call to the completion of your project. A tar mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Well nothing was fair on Sunday night, as the Dodgers, down three to one, had an opportunity to get back on the board with some more but Tommy Edmund lined into a double play to end the threat in the second and that was really it for the Dodgers. Didn't mount much of an offense the rest of the way until a home run in the ninth inning for Max Munsey to four hundred and twenty two feet to right field, but that was it. By then the Padres were up ten to two. Is a take game two you Darvish goes seven innings, allows the one run, three hits, three strikeouts to get the victory. Jack Felerty we ended up pitching into the sixth inning, not before giving up four runs on five hits a couple of home runs. As the Dodgers and Padres now find themselves squared off at a game a piece game three, This best of five series is coming up tonight. Walker Buehler on the mound. First pitch is six oh eight, and with more we head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth and say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, they get him the countdown, getting closer and closer to the first pitch and where there's going to be less talking and more baseballing.
Speaker 5: Rick Monday, it's been a long.
Speaker 4: Day off, I would say for both sides since Game number two, when the emotions of this series were really kicked up.
Speaker 5: Into a high gear.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot talked about, a lot written about, a lot said between both clubhouses entering this game three, and again I just I'm ready for a baseball.
Speaker 6: Game, West. Thank you for Deep in the forest. So with all the churking that's taking place over the next last couple of days, but you know, it has nothing to do with what has to happen on the field tonight. And I think, really, if you're the visiting team, need to come in. I mean, this is going to be a Rockers crowd. I mean, and for good reason. You start to look at what this ball club has done San Diego sellout crowds fifty six different sellouts. Well, it will be a sellout tonight in postseason on time of it, and they're fired up. I mean, the series tied at one game apiece, and I really think that right now in this game tonight it is I can't say it's a must win for this Dodger ball club, but they don't want to be pinned up against the wall tomorrow night and they must win. And I think it's a huge outing now for Walker Bueler who towes the rubber for the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 4: And mathematically none of us win. Mobile We talked about this the other night. In this division series era, the best of five series, when the series is tied at one apiece, the winner of game three is forty five and seventeen seventy three percent of the time.
Speaker 5: Basically, if the winner of Game three goes on to win this series.
Speaker 6: Isn't amazing how you kind of transfer Because after Game one we were talking about the team that wins game one in the best of a five series seventy percent they come out of it. So, yeah, the odds are going to change. What the Dodgers have to do is to change the numbers on the scoreboard. Forget about the eye change the numbers on the scoreboard. And I think they have to play with more vitality than what we saw in Game two of that series. And the Dodgers they cannot be passive this ball club. On the other side, in the first base home dugout, the Sandego and Andres, they are going to have a raucous crowd behind them because they made a big hallabaloo about what took place in Los Angeles. Baseball is being thrown? Was one thrown at the Dodgers dugouts by Manny Machado. What's this was to tease intentially hit my pitch. Oh that's blowney, it's billboard stuff. The Dodgers have to play good baseball and play aggressive baseball.
Speaker 4: Play good baseball, play aggressive baseball, but do not play into what the Padres want, which is like getting into the antics and the emotion and the way.
Speaker 5: They come out. And again that's not a potch out of the Padres. Tim is to get it back to you.
Speaker 4: That is the personality of that clubhouse, which is a stark contrast to the one in the Dodgers clubhouse. You have to be who you are and play your game. The Dodgers definitely did not play their game in game number two. Let's see if they do it here in game number three.
Speaker 2: Well said Nelly, do not play their reindeer game.
Speaker 5: Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, if we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza. You're chicken at Mojos right now at Shakys dot com. We're off and running here on Moronco Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Coming up, we will check in with David Vase. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment of the day. But up next your o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres from San Diego. It's game three of the n l d S. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kaates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres from Petco Park in San Diego, Game three of the n l d S Walker revealer Michael King. The pitching matchup, first pitch, set, first six.
Speaker 5: O eight.
Speaker 7: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 2: Well the Dodgers in general, their bats were quiet on Sunday Night, just five hits and the ten to two loss to the San Diego Padres. Certainly things spirited on and off the field during the course of those nine innings, but the Dodgers offense couldn't get jump started. Just the one run on the Gavin lux sack fly in the second and then in the bottom half of the ninth inning, Max Munsey tacked on a home run a solo shot to make it a ten to two Padres win. Showy Otani was zero for four with two strikeouts in the loss. Otani rewind brought to you by Eto a in Oa, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Shoeotani loves and drinks. If Heilbia local Diso stores target eto In dot com. That's it t o e n dot com.
Speaker 7: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Henk Kirston now joins us for Petco Park Game three coming up. Keirston looking at the line. Great news, Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 8: Is in it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it really is good news. I mean, I think there were a lot of questions, especially since seeing him come out of the game during Game two, he had two at bats and he exited at Dave Roberts said yesterday that he kind of tweaked his ankle on like while he was swinging the bat, and he even Freddy had shared with us that he didn't necessarily. Yes, running is one thing, you know, kind of going from the bases obviously, like the kind of lateral movements, that's one thing. But he did have a little bit of concern just with sometimes swinging, so he ended up kind of tweaking it while he was swinging the bat against Darvish, and so now it's a matter of he was in treatment all day yesterday. He didn't do any baseball activities. We did have a little bit more of a mental reset. But as of right now, he feels good to go. So he'll be out there. Hopefully he can stay out there, but if for some reason he can't, just like we saw in game two with Max Munsey taking over at first, Kik Hernanez coming into the game to play at third. That would be the same kind of setup if for some reason Freddy does have to come out of the game. But for Max, he feels confident about playing the position. Obviously, we saw the scare two years ago with the playoff first. Hopefully that does not come, that doesn't happen again. He said, that's something obvious, that's just a natural Your body doesn't is going to kind of be a little bit constraint. I guess when react to something like that, just due to what happened before. But the hope is, you know, Freddy's out there, and the good thing is that he is out there, and hopefully he could just kind of keep it going. But because I mean, look, it's very telling me. You have a player who has been injured for what ten days now, and he's it's an injury that's four to six weeks. That's huge when you see a play a guy battling it out and wanting to be out.
Speaker 2: There, no doubt about it. Walk Reviewaler on the mounta tonight, man, it would be nice to have walk Reveeler of twenty twenty one back tonight on the mounth for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but even like if we look at the walker that faced these padres the last time during the end of the regular season, you know he was able to get jams. He was he gave the energy that this team needed to push through to win the game, to then win the division. I mean, he's been in a situation not only just meaningful game, it must win game. He's done it in the past in the postseason. We saw him recently doing it in his most recent outing. And so for him today, like this is just he wants the ball. He is someone who he lives for, like literally lives for these moments. And so for him, he's excited, he's ready to go. He does believe that. You know, in during the regular season it was about building blocks that is now out the door. He's got to bring it from the first pitch. He wants to bring the energy and he just wants to go out there. And the biggest thing for him is having a clean first inning. We've seen in the regular season there have been times where he's settled in after the first and so the era is pretty high in that first inning today. Cannot do that. The team cannot do that. They need to find a way the Hopefully he can come into the game with already some offensive support.
Speaker 2: Let's hope so, Kirsten appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game. Brought to my Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today in your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a case still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this bitchy matchup. David ve Say goes one on one with Will Smith. But up next we'll get the pregame thoughts of the manager, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Padres Game three of the an LDS. First pitch at six oh eight. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch, Game three of the NLDS from San Diego. It's the Dodgers and Padres, Wrongo Casino Resort and spot good times for everyone. Walker Buehler and Michael King. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six oh eight. Let's head back down south and check out what the Dodgers get burn any Dave?
Speaker 10: Do you think my questions for Dave?
Speaker 3: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 7: In the dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 9: Dave, just when you look at this matchup tonight, what are you hoping to see from the offense and how are you hoping to see them attack Michael King.
Speaker 11: Tonight? Michael's obviously had a heck of a year seeing him a lot. I think for us is just to be on the attack. I think he's a guy that tries to attack you. He's a strike thrower and then he hunts for the strikeout, and so I think for us is just to be ready to fire early when the balls in the hitting zone.
Speaker 12: With the emotional dynamics of this series, like how have you seen that factor into like the actual games and the first two and how important do you think that's going to be especially in these two games here and try to.
Speaker 11: I don't think they they factored into the first two games. I thought there was emotions in the first game. I thought we did a good job fighting and winning a ball game. The second game we got our butts kicked. So I don't think that either way. We got our butts kicked. Yesterday, I thought it was a good work day. This is going to be a great environment. I mean, this is one of the better places to play in all of baseball, which is fantastic. So I'm excited. Our guys are excited. It's going to be a high energy game tonight.
Speaker 12: When you guys talk about trying to match the Padres intensity, is there like a fine line there between playing with intensity but not kind of getting out of your own game and kind of the even keel kind of mindset that you guys have during the latter season.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I just think that it can't be manufactured. I think that you have to appreciate it and understand the value in it of getting fired and playing with energy. I just don't think manufacturing it is sustained. But I do, and I do think that, you know, the most important thing is playing good baseball.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts in some pregame thoughts Dave Roberts down the dug out brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared Service Titan. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get the very latest from our Dodger insider as we check in with David Basse leading you out to first pitchers San Diego Dodgers and Padres Game three of the nl d S. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers Padres Game three of the nl d S from San Diego's coming up at six oh eight. Walker viewer Michael King. The pitching matchup coming up, we'll hear from Will Smith. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: But first, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I.
Speaker 10: Accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David, been a long twenty four hours since Game two on Sunday night as loud as transpire. But one thing that hasn't happen and he had this postseason, is Mookie Betts so looking for that first hit. But he's working hard on his swing, isn't he.
Speaker 10: I talked to Dodgers hitting coach Aaron Bates just about an hour ago, and I said, is it true that Mookie Betts spent three hours in the hitting cage yesterday? He said that was exaggerated. It was about an hour to about two hours being in the cage, and it wasn't relentless swings. It was stopping examining the swing. Talking about the swing. The way he compared it was if you go play eighteen holes on a golf course, then you go to the driving range and hit more golf balls, And that's what he said was taking place yesterday. Mookie Bet stayed in the cage a little bit longer today during the Dodgers end of batting practice, and it kind of feels like he's just getting some of a you know, extra energy out or anxiety out before a game, and that's the best way for him to do it. But as some players told me, Mookie Bet has got to stop worrying about what other people are saying. He's got to stop worrying about being over for his last twenty two in the playoffs and just worry about himself and worry about the guys in the clubhouse and what they're telling him.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about Freddy Freeman in that ankle, DV. How's it going well.
Speaker 10: He is still in the starting lineup, but there are no guarantees tim that he finishes the game. Liking Game two, the pain was just too much for him, and obviously it's the end of the year. I'm sure the right ankle is not the only thing Freddy's dealing with, but obviously that's the one that is at the forefront. But if he can't continue to give the Dodgers what they need, there's a good chance that he may not be in there tomorrow against Martin Perez, the left hander. That could be a game, especially if the Dodgers win tonight, that you may see Freddy Freeman come off the bench. But he's forcing his way in there and he wants to be in the starting lineup, But whether or not he finishes the game tonight still remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: David has driven for if there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours with the fur F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one P fifty. A lot happened in Game two on and off the field, good and bad their DV tonight. Do you expect any kind of warnings to be issued by the umpires?
Speaker 10: I asked Dave Roberts that, and he said he hopes the umpires are judicious with issuing warnings, meaning understanding the score, the inning, where it is, and whether or not there was intent. If somebody does get hit in this game, and the Dave Roberts is not that type of manager to order a pitcher to hit another player, so I don't see that happening. But we have talked about in this series where the Dodgers have to do a better job of pitching inside to the really good Padres hitters. And I'll just give you some background. Walker Bueller and many Machado teammates with the Dodgers in twenty eighteen. They have a great relationship. I don't see Walker Bueller going out of bounds on Machado, but during the regular season he did buzz the tower a couple of times against Fernando Tattis Junior.
Speaker 2: David looking at tonight with Walker Buehler on the mound, it's no secret the Dodgers need a starting pitcher to go out there early in a game and put up a zero. How important is it that he'd do that tonight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Walker Bueller acknowledged that yesterday, and he acknowledged the fact that in the first innings of games this season, his ERA is eight thirty three. So the Dodgers have the opportunity to do something the Padres were doing at Dodgers Stadium in their first at bats, giving them an early lead, and that would quiet this crowd that is going to be obviously emotionally charged. They already are emotionally charged. They all have these gold towels they're waving out here at Peco Park. And if you score first, you give Walker Bueller the opportunity to put up a zero, and for the first time in this NLDS series, the Dodgers would be playing with the lead instead of trying to come back from a three or four run.
Speaker 2: Hole, something they definitely need as a lead early. DV appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We still got to dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David is gonna go one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith. We'll get to the keys to the game. But up next we'll get to your Dodgers Magical moment leading you up to Game three of the NLDS. It's the Dodgers and Padres. First pitch is six oh eight. I'm Tim Kaateson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Padres Game three of the nl DS. It's Walker Bueller Michael King. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six oh eight.
Speaker 10: What dog who wins?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Howvey Hot Dots.
Speaker 2: On this date sixty five years ago, October eighth, nineteen fifty nine, it was Game six of the World Series, Dodgers in Chicago taking on the White Sox at Old Kamiski Park. The Dodgers in game six got home runs from Duke Snyder. Wally Moon on in relieve late in the game was Larry Sherry no pitch.
Speaker 8: Five ball left center? This might be it knocking off as a short stop Walla, Moan is gonna got it. Moan is under And that's it. The Dodgers are the champions of the World. The Dodgers, for the second time in ten World Series meetings against America League competition, have come on to win. And are they a happy gang? As a runout the pet Larry Sherry the winner on the right, hold on nor him nobody left on the final Scar Los Angeles line the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: Ray I saw him on the call. Dodgers beat the White Sox ninety three to get home the World Series championship back to the West Coast for the very first time. Just the year before, the Dodgers had moved out West. This Hofey Magical moment, brought to you by Hofey Hot Talks, a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years, is at hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey Hot Dogs. All right, well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck We'll check back in with Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch from pet Go Park Dodgers Padres Game three of the NLDS. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: Is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres from San Diego, Game three of the nld Walker Mueller on the mount. First pitch coming up at six to eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen she handcrafton Sushi made Fresh daily on side pick up Delicious Sushi before the game. And Ralphs are other local supermarkets. They're the deli counter and.
Speaker 1: Now joined by David Basse saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: All right, Rick, it's already starting to get loud here at Peco Park. You've played in these type of environments before.
Speaker 3: This isn't anything, by the way.
Speaker 6: I think one thing the Dodgers in particular, and I would apply this to the Punkains as well. Get rid of all the billboard materials. This guy said this and this guy did. That has nothing to do with it happens on the field, and I think that gets lost in the shuffle. This is obviously a huge game. Every game in postseason is big. Okay, we talked about it was big. Winning Game one best three out of five in Game one. Is the playoffs, that team wins over seventy percent of the time. Guess what when one team wins Game two that series they come back home, guess what the odd show three out of five. Yeah, they have a seventy seven percent chance of victory in the overall series.
Speaker 3: That's all well and good.
Speaker 6: It comes out of the computer, doesn't come out of the heart, does not come out of a picture, a swing or a bat. But this can be said, the Dodgers have to play better baseball than what they even came close to doing in Game two of this series that was on Sunday. And the Dodgers have a lot of question marks coming into this game tonight, including as you and I were talking about earlier, how long is Freddy Freeman able to go in this wall game. We don't know the extent, and we won't know until he takes the field, how much lateral movement he has how much different difficulties having and moving around what about these swings is going to affect it? The other part two is for Walker Buehller. I mean he is I like the one comment that Walker Buehler was asked. He was asked, hey, you're known for being a big game pitcher, and he says, it's the only thing.
Speaker 3: I care about. I love that.
Speaker 6: The question is how long and how effective is Walker Buller are going to be into.
Speaker 10: I skin in the first inning of games? This season, Walker Buellers had an ERA of eight thirty three. Rick, He's aware of that, and he believes the first inning is big.
Speaker 6: And I think the first inning is going to be big. Here's the other part, very quickly against Michael King and what a season he has had, and he's already had a good postseason game, that being at the Atlanta Raves. The Dodgers have not hit well. I know you were talking to Jose Mode a few moments ago. Have not hit well in first pitches of advanced in this series.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the reason I bring that up because Michael King and I just went over and told Jose too. On first pitches of advanced that are put into play, this year three seventy eight average with six home runs. That's six of the seventeen today's given up have been on first pitch. However, Dodgers have to figure out how to hit the breaking ball because King throws a high percentage of changeups, and that's not a particular pitch that the Dodgers have particularly handled the very well.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 10: It goes back to what others have said, it's not a bad thing to be aggressive early in the count, and when Mookie Betts is going well, he is aggressive on the first pitch.
Speaker 6: There's that fine line aggressive but selective at the same time. And being part of that selective is knowing, look, here's what I'm looking for in that first pitch. It's not just anything that's over the plate. That first pitch in a zone. Is it going to be in a zone? Is it going to be a pitch We're going to find out high percentage again of breaking pitches from King. But the Dodgers cannot allow themselves to get caught up in the emotions.
Speaker 3: Play the game. The emotions will take care of it.
Speaker 10: When you look at this Dodger team, it can't just be show hey, O Tani Rick, how much do the Dodgers need Mookie Betts to snap out of this mini slump?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that mini slump is now kind of stretching out a little bit more. I mean, here's the deal, eight time All Star, two time World champion, and an MVP that he has not been able to do that. In fact, you start to look at what Bets. I mean, he's over his last twenty two in postseason, he's oh for six, although he has three walks in this particular series. So the Dodgers know exactly what they have to do. The other part, too, is they know the tay. If you're from LA or Orange County, you couldn't buy a ticket for this game. The padres made sure of that, according to the zip codes that people were ordering the tickets. A lot of them were ordered and then found out later on Nope, canceled. Oops, you're in the wrong era code. We won't let you come down.
Speaker 10: Well, I know some Dodger fans that worked their way around it on the secondary market.
Speaker 3: In the past.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers have risen the occasion, and maybe in the most rowdy of ballparks, I think to Philadelphia, I think in New York, why shouldn't it be San Diego in this place. They've been here before and they understand that they're the evil Empire from Los Angeles coming into San Diego.
Speaker 10: Can't wait. First pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's get it going, David.
Speaker 10: Let's go Rick, Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson on the call. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 8: Team.
Speaker 10: It's getting loud out here at Peco Park.
Speaker 2: It is for sure getting loud. Thanks you guys, Dodger fans and hanserd listening experience. You can hear that crap by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plans surfing all Angelinos lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Dead Before first pitch, we're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, as David said, will be back with the keys to the game. But up and next we go high and tight with Dodger ketcher Will Smith Dodgers Padres Game three of the nld S. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home.
Speaker 7: For LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Padres Game three of the NLDS, Walker Vieler, Michael King. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Why because of the best the ranked number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h L A D.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This this high and tight.
Speaker 10: We are getting ready for Game three in San Diego the NLDS, and we're here with Dodger catcher Will Smith will number one. Thank you so much for the time. Appreciate it, of course.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 10: You've been in there, You've been part of postseason games for a long time now in your career. Can you just describe the emotions between these two teams so far in this series.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's been you know, two exciting games. We are able you get the first one they took yesterday from us, but uh, you know, back out there today. I guess for game three.
Speaker 10: It always feels like, and I've heard Dave Roberts say this, the momentum of a series starts with your starting pitcher. Do you feel that same way as well?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, for sure. You know it's it's important to get off to a good start in the game. You want to jump on their guy put up some runs first.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I know you're a guy that it doesn't really show his emotions too much. How do you handle a hostile environment like you're going to face tonight in San Diego?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 13: I always enjoy it. I love when kraws or rowdy, love when Dodger stadiums like that.
Speaker 5: It's it's fun.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know, I just try to embrace it, You don't, You just just embrace That's how I go about it. Just enjoy it and go out there compete.
Speaker 10: How important is it for the Dodgers yourself included, not to try to get baited by anything.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: As far as emotions from that side of the field.
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 13: I think you know, we're gonna have emotions, We're gonna show emotions. It's the playoffs. It's it's fun. It's exciting, it's stressful, it's it's it's you know, it's what we play for all your longs to play in these games. So uh, you know, we're gonna out there play our game. And uh yeah.
Speaker 10: I know you were one of the players that kind of organized the team being together and eliminating you know, outside distractions. It was the purpose of that for moments like this, because you will face adversity in any playoffs series. It's never going to be easy.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, I mean, you know, we spend a lot of time with each other all year long. I think it was more about just staying in a routine at the field, staying in a baseball mindset instead of you know, really checking out for a few days. So you know, that's kind of what the watchbury is about. Yeah, it's I don't know, it's really not as much as it's made out the scene. It was just you know, as watching baseball and eating foods.
Speaker 10: So yeah, what's the biggest key in your mind for you guys to be able to win two more games?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we just gotta go there and ex cute. You know, we got to put together good at bats, drive guys in. We gotta do that and Obviously pitchers used to go out there and execute. You know, yesterday they took advantage of us just by you know, hitting homers on our mistakes. So you know, kudos to them. They they jumped on them. We didn't.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, what's the biggest thing for Walker Buehler? I know, the first inning he said, is very important. Maybe you guys score could score a run in the top half of the first and for him to put zero up in that first inning, certainly with quiet this crowd. What's the biggest key to help him get through the game tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you just gotta get him settled in. Yeah, just looking for his stuff, finding out what's working. You just go on their nextecuty pitches. Yeah, obviously want to put up a few runs in the first inning and put up the zero. That'll definitely help. So that's kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 10: I know it can't just be Otani, but it's got to be all of you, right, Yeah.
Speaker 13: For sure, it's it's it's all twenty six guys in the roster. That's that's for sure.
Speaker 10: Thanks a lot for the time, I really appreciate it. We get you out of here clean and certainly looking forward to a Dodger Win tonight.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, let's do it.
Speaker 10: There he is Will Smith, Tonight's starting catcher. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you Will. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shaky's dot Com or lead you up to first pitch Dodgers Padres Game three of the nl D coming up. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Good Laws, the Dodgers and Padres Game three of the nld AS first pitch coming up at six oh eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup Forres.
Speaker 2: Hit it by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma see your Toyota dealer Today, they make it easy. Michael King on the mound for the Padres, twenty nine year old right hander four plus seasons in New York with the Yankees, primarily as a reliever. Traded to the Padres past off season before the season started for one Soto thirteen to nine with a two ninety five e two hundred and one strikeouts this season and thirty starts. He went at least five innings in twenty two of his twenty four star Since May fourth, he's allowed two earned runs or fewer in twenty of the twenty four starts, so he's been very reliable argue with their best pitcher this year. He's won and one to ozer already this postseason, seven shoutout innings, five hits, twelve strikeouts in a win over the Braves in the wild Card round. Fourth of his This is his fourth career start against the Dodgers and it all came this year. The Padres have won all three of his previous starts against the Dodgers. He's at one to zero with a two to one two ERA and a one seventy five batting average against Walker Bueller on the mound for the Dodgers. Thirty year old right hander one in six with a five thirty eight ERA in sixteen starts in the regular season, coming back from his second time he John surgery. He's had it up and down season. His last regular start was one of the good ones against the Padres in the season finale at home. Five innings, one run, five hits, strike one strikeout and a no decision. Against the Padres, He's facing them for the first thirteenth time in his career. He's six and one with a one eighty e R and seven nine punch outs. Tonight his sixteenth career postseason start, three and three with the two ninety four ERA. If he could just channel some of his twenty twenty during the Dodgers World Series run. He was two to zero with a one eighty ERA and five starts that postseason, striking out thirty nine and holding opponents to a one ninety six batting in the average Dodgers Padres. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Padres Game three of the NLDS. Walker, Reviealer, Michael kingdopitching matchup. All the pregame festivities have wrapped up. Introductions on the field for the first home game of this postseason and the NLDS. For the Padres, Dodgers fans and Hansher listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth at Petco Park one final time. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tim back here with Rick Monday at Petco Park, San Diego is buzzing. It's a beautiful, beautiful Tuesday afternoon, setting the stage for what should be an electric Tuesday night at Petco Park.
Speaker 5: Mole and you.
Speaker 4: Look back to Game number two, Jack Flerty. It wasn't a great start, it wasn't a quality start, but what he did was become the first Dodgers starting pitcher to pitch into the sixth inning of a postseason game since October eleventh. Twenty twenty one when Max Schurzer did it a sixteen game stretch in the postseason where the Dodgers didn't have a single starter go into the sixth. So now that gets us to tonight's starter in Walker Buller, who has big game postseason pedigree. He pitched for the Dodgers the night they clinched the division against these Padres at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: They need him to come up big again.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing with Walker Viewer.
Speaker 6: He was asked about tonight and he says, look, a big game pitcher, and this is going to be a sixteenth postseason started where he's three and three eras under three. And the answer the question, are you a big game pitcher? Here's the quote, It's really the only thing I care about. And that's exactly what he has to take on the mount tonight. They need a big performance by Walker Dueler. But you're not going to win ball games if you don't put runs on the board. Forget all the chalkboard talk. Put that aside. There's going to have a lot of fingers pointed at you. There's going to be a lot of booze that are directed in your direction. But This is about playing baseball, and the Dodgers from a hitting standpoint against Michael Keen tonight, they got to realize breaking pitches. The last three years, sixty six percent of the time breaking pitches, and he has an outstanding changeup swing early in the count if it's a good pitch, because after that a lot of breaking stuff the.
Speaker 5: Word you just mentioned there early.
Speaker 4: Obviously, when the Dodgers are at home, they don't have the opportunity to throw the first punch, and because they're starters, Yamamo and Flaherty both gave up runs in the first inning. The Padres took the first step forward in those two games. The Dodgers have that same opportunity here tonight and tomorrow at Petco Park.
Speaker 5: They have to own.
Speaker 4: The first inning. Obviously, the first inning doesn't. You don't win a game in the first inning. But what you can do is win some energy, win some emotion, win some confidence. Instead of playing from behind for a third.
Speaker 6: Straight game, set the tone and do it early the first three innings.
Speaker 4: If that's what the Padres have cashed in the most fifteen runs scored in this series, tim eight in the first three frames, and in that same stretch the Dodgers' staff. The last two Division series against Arizona in San Diego, They've given up twenty four runs on twenty nine hits in the first three innings of games.
Speaker 5: That's something that's got to change in Game three.
Speaker 2: It needs to change in Game three is coming up Dodgers Padres from pet Go Park in San Diego. Dodgers and Padres tied at a game of piece win Tonight's when tomorrow night, Let's end this thing? Walker rebeler Michael King of the pitching matchup. Freddie Freeman is in the lineup for the Dodgers, matting seconds may third, excuse me and playing first base. Mookie Betts is tonight the nights. Let's hope so Showy Otani. Can he get back on track and lead this Dodgers team off to a good start as the leadoff hitter in this one, we'll find out. Great pitching matchup coming up. Dodgers need Walker Veealer to be Walker Rebueller of old first pitches.
Speaker 5: Next.
Speaker 2: Are you ready, Dodgers fans, Let's go Dodgers Padres. Next, I'm Tim Kase's Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck in the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network