Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, you need you don't have?
Speaker 2: Camaroni is just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come six. It's the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now Tom Martino, Welcome to the Tom Martino Show. This is your Coucina colorI kind of filling in right now. We are trying to establish connection and you know you can always call us with any sort.
Speaker 3: Of trouble you have.
Speaker 4: We are at three oh three Martino, which is three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Again, that's three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. And we're going to go ahead and go to the phones and talk to Chuck, who has a comment on RTD.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Chuck, what's up?
Speaker 5: Yes, So, I work with disabled people, many of them blind and low vision, and right now the RTD board is in the process of changing the system. There's a part of the RTD system is something called Access on Demand, which subsidizes car rides for people with disabilities, and the people with disabilities pay the first five dollars.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 5: RTD and it's been incredibly beneficial to people with disabilities. They're able to go to work, they're able to go to the doctor. It's really been beneficial today lifestyle, and right now OURTD is in the process of gutting that system. They say it's too expensive. It's costing about, as I understand it, about one point two million dollars a month, but they want to significantly cut back the routes that they'll cover, and it will put lots and lots of people in difficult situations. Many of them will be forced to give up their jobs because of these cuts.
Speaker 4: Now are you speaking about the accessor ride that I see the show up buses.
Speaker 5: It's actually an addendum to accessor Ride. And I don't know if you're familiar with accessor Ride, but basically the problem with accessor Ride as I understand it, there's a two hour window, So if you had a ten o'clock appointment, you need to be ready to go to that appointment either at nine o'clock when you might get picked up, or eleven o'clock when you might get picked up, which certainly impacts your ability to travel to work because you might be an hour late or you might be there an hour early. If you use accessor right with access on Demand, you can use Uber and Lyft. The rider pays the first five dollars, and I believe art D covers the next twenty five dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you are basically saying that you are in you are not in favor of some subsidiaries like Uber and Lyft getting into the private sector of.
Speaker 5: I'm very much in favor of Uber and Lyft. They've been phenomenal in the service they provide.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: ARCHID does not want to subside them as much as they are, and they want to cut back the routes which will limit the ability of blind and low vision people especially and other people with disabilities, the ability to go work every day, and the ability to visit their doctors and things of that nature. I'll tell you from experience. I've worked with blind people a lot, and I found out I would meet with people halfway between their home and.
Speaker 2: My home.
Speaker 5: And I found out for them to travel, for me to travel fifteen minutes is fifteen minutes. For them to travel fifteen minutes might take an hour and a half because the difficulty in them being able to get on a bus, find a connecting route, all of those things. So the total cost, if I understand it right now, is about one point two million dollars a month. The state is spending about a billion dollars a year testing that's that's come on.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do I sound a little loud? I can bring it. I can bring hold on. Okay, testing one too, Okay, sorry, all right, here you go for some reason, guys, Sorry, I'm here, Telly, thank you? Okay, great, all right now who we're talking with? Kelly? Help me and thank you so much for doing that.
Speaker 4: Chuck Is has a comment on rt D and the I'll let him wrap it up for you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, okay, yes, go ahead, sir, so Tom.
Speaker 5: I work with disabled people, specifically blind and low vision people. Probably not a lot of people are aware they're there's a system out there as part of ARTD called Access on Demand. The subsidizes Uber and Lipp rides for people that are blind. Look people right, disabled?
Speaker 3: Most of these exactly are blind?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, the cost is about one point two million dollars a month right now. Yes, the state or the RTD is going to gut that system for the people that are disabled.
Speaker 3: Now why are they doing that? Are they going to? Is accessor ride still around?
Speaker 5: Accessorides still around? I don't know if it's with accessor ride, the.
Speaker 3: Success ride is more for people who are who are severely handicapped, right, more severely handicapped.
Speaker 5: Well, it's for people that are handicapped. But generally, as I understand that, with accessor Ride, you're given a two hour window. So if they tell you if you have an eleven o'clock appointment, we may pick you up at ten o'clock, we may pick you up at twelve o'clock. So it's it's very difficult, and I understand it's a nice service. But this Uber called Access on this system called Access on Demand allows people to use Uber and lyft. They pay the first five dollars, the state or OURTD will pay the next twenty five dollars, and then anything above that again falls into the lap of the rider. They're going to gut that system significantly, they say, the one point two million dollars a month that it's costing right now, they can't afford we can afford six million dollars to reintroduce rules into Colorado, but we can't afford to provide the service to blind and low vision.
Speaker 3: And severely So what did What is their alternative at this point?
Speaker 5: Well, their alternative is they've held hearings. I was listening to some of the hearings and basically they're saying we're gonna we're gonna cut some of the routes. Typically what they I believe the explanation was if you had to go someplace that was within three quarters of a mile of a bus route, you could use uber and lift. Now they're going to cut that back significantly.
Speaker 3: So okay, So so I mean, listen, I this is something where I understand your frustration and it's noted. I'm just not sure what we can do about it.
Speaker 5: Well, i's nothing else, you know, I don't bring it.
Speaker 6: This is bo Have you thought of actually calling the RTD board and attending a meeting to express these concerns?
Speaker 5: Sure I did, And look we've all been to meetings like that. They they listen to everything you say and then they're gonna do what they want to do.
Speaker 6: Maybe you need to get a group of people together, numbers in force, and go down there again because they're elected officials.
Speaker 3: I mean that's about it.
Speaker 5: I guess yeah, that was that was Well. The main thing I wanted to do is Tom, You've got a pretty big audience out there. I'll be honest, with you. My hope is Elon Musk decides to write a check for twelve million dollars for the next year for RTD to cover the cost of this.
Speaker 3: But oh, sure, sure that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lots of people in Colorado, listen, want to write a check for twelve million dollars.
Speaker 3: Listen. We uh, okay, it all comes down to this. There is no magic. Basically, the bottom line is this, we have priorities that authorities have put into place, okay, and we have to vote them out if we don't like their priorities. It's that easy. We literally have to get rid of them if we don't like what they're doing. And I don't know what else to say. Okay, this mayor will go to jail to keep illegal immigrants on the streets in Denver when we don't have enough money to pay for them, and then we'll take OURTD and we'll gut it. Okay, I don't know what to say about it. Just like with Homeland Security and with every single thing we have going on, people are making priorities. I don't know how they base their priorities. I really don't. I mean, Chuck, obviously, there is no answer to this. I mean people always try to equate. Okay, we have money to do this, but we don't have money to do that, and they are two separate entities or four separate or five or ten. So bottom line is this, truly, I know what you're saying, and everyone's ox gets killed, right, and then we are pissed off at our government. But then you have others who are happy. Why because we don't all have priorities the same priorities. What do you suggest, Chuck, seriously, what do you suggest.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest with you, Tom, I I agree with everything you're saying, but I wanted to take an opportunity to get on your platform. No, I get it to make this people aware of this out there. I think it's it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Look at me, it's common sense. Yeah, it's common sense.
Speaker 5: Here's I appreciate. I appreciate just the fact that you've given me the opportunity to voice my displeasure with what RTD is choosing to do. And people need to realize it's going to affect the lives of thousands of people who who have who have been screwed over numerous other times in their life, and this is one more kicking the ass to those people. I'm sorry, but that's.
Speaker 7: What it is.
Speaker 3: Well it is, so we got to do with it what we did. Look, the country already did a big backlash, didn't they against certain policies. You could tell they're pissed off Denver and Colorado. Colorado, by the way, is more liberal than all of California. We have more it is, and we have a governor, and we have mayors, and we have governments that make a priority. And their priority is not the better off live. It's not for the well being of Colorado's It's not okay. If anyone thinks it is, they're crazy their priorities. I don't know why. I don't know if they wake up one day and say, you know what, I want to piss off every hard working man and woman in this state. I want to start spending money on others and not priority ties, our schools, our transportation, our own handicapped people. No, let's not do that. Let's instead, let's take all of our money and first help the newcomers. Now, I'm not telling you I hate newcomers, I personally and I don't want to get into this. I hate when people do this but I do personally support many, many immigrant families who are taking steps to well, first of all, they're here on legal asylum right now, temporary, they're taking steps to become citizens, and they're working and they're trying. So I don't know what to do. There is no answer. It's kind of like you echo the thoughts of everyone, but you're echoing thoughts for people about your concern is RTD. There's someone else calling in saying, well, what about this that was cut or our You know how many things have you noticed going undone in Denver and in Colorado in favor of something else. Well, here's the bottom line. We either have to prioritize or just raise enough money to take care of them all.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's really the God's honest truth. By the way, I'm Tom Martine. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot Net the best water systems Year end. Baby, It's time to do it. Get yourself a Christmas present of pure water reverse osmosis at the kitchen, staining for drinking water in a whole house water softener. You'll never beat the price or technology anywhere thirty one ninety five. Three oh three eight six two five five five four. I promise you you won't come close with a plumber three oh three eight six two five five five four. Waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison and call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. This insurance will do a free insurance checkup. Now's the time to do it toward the end of the year. They'll tell you if you're paying too much, if you're under insured, maybe even overinsured. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. The Insurancehealthcenter dot com. So Rick wants to talk about a mechanic and again on that other call people, I understand the frustration with budgets and priorities. Things are being cut all over to make room for enough money for things we may not believe deserve the money. It all boils down to priorities. I would love to hear your solutions. Are we all willing to pay more taxes and then we can take care of illegal immigrants as well as everything else? I'm serious?
Speaker 8: Are we.
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, Tom?
Speaker 9: I took my automobile into a shop on December eleventh, Wednesday to get a right front side marker. Bub replaced.
Speaker 3: The side marker ball.
Speaker 9: That's it, yeah, you know, for the front side marker on the right side in the front. And I had had the left one done at the same shop about a year ago, and so, you know, I checked around shops.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: Some needed to take the bumper off one hundred and fifty dollars. Another one wanted me to leave it.
Speaker 3: Oh we're talking. Wait, wait, what kind of what kind of vehicle is this?
Speaker 9: It's a two thousand and eleven C three hundred Mercedes?
Speaker 3: Okay, why would it be Okay, and all we're talking about is one of those side lights.
Speaker 9: Correct, Okay, it's a little difficult to get to I didn't you know, I couldn't figure out how to get it, okay, But I took it over there a year ago and they did it in ten minutes. Forty bucks, okay, labor all right, of course I don't like that it's a little high, but okay, cook it over Wednesday. The guy, the owner of the shop, as a matter of fact, attempted to do it. He put it in, you know, he started up my car, turned the wheel to the right, and then attempted to get in it, you know, with the space he had. And then he went back attempted, you know, to yank the wheel again to the right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: He finally he finally got the light bulb in there, and you know, and we noticed, you know, the right side is brighter than the left side, you know. Okay, no big deal, boo.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you mean the new bulb. The new bulb is brighter, No.
Speaker 9: Problem, right, okay, So you know, and it's out of the pack that I thought I gave it to him last year, you know, But no problem. Okay. So I paid the forty bucks and I get it, I get my receipt, I get in my car to go. My car will not turn over, you know, the engine won't even crank.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, come on, right, great, great, great, great great Greg? How many miles on this car?
Speaker 9: Seventy six?
Speaker 3: Okay? So okay, So Rick, you had a side bulb replaced and after that you could not start your car. It doesn't even make sense to me. Well okay, now, and now hold on, do they do they take any responsibility for it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: Okay, how much?
Speaker 3: How much do they charge you this time? What what did it cost this time.
Speaker 10: Toward a bob.
Speaker 11: The job?
Speaker 3: You said? Last year it was forty bucks? What was it this time?
Speaker 9: It's same price? Forty bucks?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, But.
Speaker 3: The problem you're having is the car won't run.
Speaker 9: Right now, the car won't start, won't go into gear. You can't move to uh you know, gear shifter? Okay, now I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, I want to get Kevin Collkin on. Hey, just hang on, bro, there's no sense going on for me. I want to get an expert on for you. Okay, hold on, We really will get someone on who has electrical experience, plus can see if any of those systems are connected. All right, no kidding, I'm Tom Martinez. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three a two five five renew Home Innovations now the only shower conversion with true porcelain. Yeah, porcelain walls. They are the most beautiful and it's for the price that most people pay for other kinds of shower conversions. Find out about these porcelain walls and more. You get it done in two or three days, and you get seventy two months to pay with no interest. Three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five So we got Kevin Calkin with us are expert at shared and auto tech love Uncle Kevin, and Kevin, I don't understand this. Frick has a Mercedes Okay, it's it's the twenty eleven C three hundred and the side marker lights. He said, one of them went out on the left. The last year, he had the right one done. This year he had the left one done and not a big deal. They what's that, sir?
Speaker 9: He had the right done this year?
Speaker 3: Great? Okay, sorry, right, okay, yeah, okay, got it. Okay, So he had the right side ball replaces around forty bucks. Now, he says, after that, what happened, Rick? You got in your car after they did it, and it wouldn't.
Speaker 9: Start, wouldn't start, wouldn't turn over at all. And I noticed the steering wheel was not locked. Okay, so the steering h lock was broke, is what I'm saying, basically, Uh, And I watched the guy do it. I mean he got in the car, started up, turned the wheel to the right, and then he got out, attempted to get to the to the marker, and then we got back the steering wheel and he didn't start the car up, or didn't didn't get in it. He just tempted to a steering wheel and what I really want to do is get the videotape because the whole place has video cameras.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Kevin, what could have been done? Kevin? What could have been done? Well?
Speaker 12: Unless he forced it in some way, because when you crank the wheel all the way, you know, and turn the key off, sometimes you got to wiggle the steering wheel to get it to release because it's in a bind.
Speaker 5: It's possible, he.
Speaker 3: Says, his steering he says, the steering wheel is not locked.
Speaker 12: I know, when the back turned the wheel all the way to access the fender well behind the tire, he probably put the steering you know how sometimes if you're parked and the wheels turned all the way, you got to kind of take some pressure off it to get the key to turn. So he may have the steering lock, but it's just normal operational. Shouldn't have had any There's really not much he.
Speaker 3: Could But yeah, that's what I'm saying. When what could he have done to replace that bulb that totally screwed up the car? Now the car won't even.
Speaker 9: Run it, and you know took him the mechanic that did it took him, you know, five minutes at the most and put it in there on the lip.
Speaker 3: He rick, is, so is the car still not running?
Speaker 9: Yeah, as far as I know, I had a toe to Mercedes to you know, get a picture. Now. He did do a diagnostic on it. He told me exactly what it was. Steering wheel column was, the lock was broke, the module.
Speaker 10: Was broke.
Speaker 9: Fifteen hundred dollars. He's looking at me like, yeah, okay, fifteen hundred and he's the last one in my car turning the string wheel.
Speaker 3: I guess, I guess going to ask this again. Did your car get fixed?
Speaker 9: Well, it's in the shot now. It said, uh and it what is the diagnosis.
Speaker 10: For your pardon?
Speaker 3: What's the diagnosis?
Speaker 9: The same thing he diagnosed steering will uh broke the lock, broke the module inside it, you know, et cetera, et cetera. What all comes with breaking?
Speaker 3: Kevin? I think I think he could have done it. Did he have to turn the wheel excessively to get to that bulb or something?
Speaker 12: Yes, that's what he did. Instead of pulling the wheel, you turn the wheel all the way to one side or the other and then you have more room. But it's normal operation.
Speaker 3: For the car. It's not something I don't understand how when you turn a wheel you get more room. I don't, Oh, you mean outside you get more room when you turn the wheel.
Speaker 12: So that wheel is wheel the left, So the wheel now you have got it room between the wheel and the front fender. Yeah, pretty common way of doing that. Okay, it's an normal operation.
Speaker 3: So Rick, Rick, Now, I totally understand what you're saying. Rick, I think he did break it if he turned that thing all the way to try to get under that tire and up to the fender. I agree with you. I agree with you, And the only thing the only thing you can do is get an opinion from Mercedes right now and use it for like maybe small claims court or we'll call the guy. But what you need to do first is get it fixed. You'll have a damage, and then we try to collect it. That's the only thing I can say. Okay, Kevin, would you be able to tell the cause?
Speaker 12: Well, Mercedes would be the ideal place where it's at right now, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Rick, So Rick, tell them, tell them you think that guy broke it by turning the wheel. They'll know they can tell.
Speaker 9: Yeah I did already. It should be ready today and it's uh three down.
Speaker 8: And knows so you know whoa my mynd.
Speaker 3: God right, so you know, And what's the name of the shop that did it.
Speaker 9: That's gonna be uh Buerrero's Auto House, thirty four Bueros Yeah, thirty four eleven West Coopex. I got the boone number and the owner did the work, Miguel.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think the guy did it on purpose. I'm not thinking the guy's a crook. I'm just thinking he did it. I mean, it's too much of a coincidence. Kevin, would you say it's a good it's a good bet.
Speaker 12: He did it, more than likely, But it's gonna be hard to prove negligence that he did it, you know, and not just normal operation of the vehicle.
Speaker 3: Well okay, Well he turned it excessively to one side.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, turned it all the way sure, just like you would in a parking lot. So it's I agree that it happened there, but it's going to be a hard, hard slide I think to prove damages.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what to tell you. Man, get some information from Mercedes and then get back to us. That's all we can do is get information from them, all right, three h three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. I can identify with the frustration, Kevin. We've used the expression before. When you touch it, you own it. When a mechanic, yeah, when a mechanic touches a car, anything that goes wrong, the mechanic owns now. Sometimes rightfully, sometimes not. I don't know in this case. What's your gut, Kevin, what's your gut on this?
Speaker 12: It's a coin flip, Like I said, I think it's his normal operation of the steering, whether he turned it all the way or not.
Speaker 3: Are you so you're saying you're saying it should be able to be too earned without breaking Yes, yes, okay, I get it. So they didn't do anything negligent.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't know how I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, enough said, right there, I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five Eileen, what's going on in your life? What's happening?
Speaker 13: Eileen?
Speaker 3: I don't know anybody knows CPR Eileen. Okay, Eileen, hmhm, you know, Eileen. I went out with a girl one time who was a skier. Have you ever heard that one? And she had a bad ski accident. Hey, Eileen, never mind, I'll get to that joke later. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Eileen?
Speaker 14: You're so sweet.
Speaker 7: I'm amazed you answered the call. Thank you so much. I'm sorry on my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what can we do? What you're a little sleepy? Well, guess what you can't do? The Christmas cheer so early.
Speaker 7: I am so happy to be on the phone a few.
Speaker 3: Well, what's going on? What's going on here? I eat so sweet?
Speaker 15: I have a beautiful little two thousand and seven, A four audy, beautiful little car.
Speaker 7: It's been I well cared for. It was my brother in law's car. He took care of it from the get go.
Speaker 3: I bought how many miles on it right now?
Speaker 15: Ninety five thousand miles, ninety thousand and seven beautiful water, never damaged, nothing wrong with it. So a couple of weeks ago, I was in traffic waiting at a in Boulder. I lived in Boulder, Colorado, and I was sitting at a in traffic at a stop stoplight.
Speaker 7: And all of a sudden, I hear a crunch.
Speaker 15: Somebody came into me. Somebody moved over into my lane, and I was so shocked because we weren't even really moving that this it was.
Speaker 7: I was just stunned.
Speaker 15: Anyway, So anyway, he came into me, totally crunched the side of my car, and because it was rush hour and because there were no no injuries, I was a fool and I did not call the police. I'm an idiot because now he's claiming that I ran into.
Speaker 3: Did you guys, did you Okay, that's the problem. So did you guys stop and exchange information? Yes, yes, we did.
Speaker 16: He pulled.
Speaker 3: Did you did you get any did you get any? Let me ask you this, Did you get any witnesses.
Speaker 15: No, no, no one, no one pulled over. He pulled over and waved me to pull over. So I pulled over as well.
Speaker 3: So it was kind of Now, why did you not call police? Why did you not call police?
Speaker 7: Rush hour traffic? I was on I was an idiot. I was on my way to a doctor appointment.
Speaker 3: And how long ago did this happen?
Speaker 7: November twenty first, Okay, so what is your question? Okay? My question is is that this is so strange. So okay.
Speaker 15: So he's now claiming that I ran into him, So okay, that's fine. I am getting nowhere with his insurance company. But now my insurance company, they originally said that the claim was for thirty nine I think it was thirty nine hundred dollars, And okay, it's fine.
Speaker 7: I went to Colorado clach word.
Speaker 3: Now, Eileen, Eileen, Eileen, Eileen. You know, I know you're you're telling your story, but there are stuff that's incumbent upon me to know when you said thirty nine hundred, was that damage to his car that he's claiming or damn image to your.
Speaker 7: Car, damage to my car? I know nothing about you time.
Speaker 3: Well, he's gonna want you to pay for his car. He's gonna want he is going to want you to pay for his car too.
Speaker 7: Write No, I he cut me off completely.
Speaker 3: I oh no, here's not no, Ileen, Eileen, I okay, we have to have a back and forth where uh you got Just hold on, Ilean see, there needs to be a back and forth because if he claims you hit him, whether you agree or not, he's gonna come after you for payment. And I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet, but it's still early. Hold on, let's talk about what you have to look forward to. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no pbligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Duran the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Ritt.
Speaker 2: News, you need a so you don't have come run anxious suspass as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man, This.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life? How can we help you? This hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real Estateman dot com. I love Frank. He does a lot of free services complementary like evaluating your home on a full market analysis without ever promising to list. He just wants you to know what you can sell your house for. So many of us are curious in this market. He goes over all the elements free of charge. Three h three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. I've been with Frank the whole thirty years he's been in business. Frank ran a real estateman dot com. Let's talk, Hey, give us the call. It's getting close to the end of the year. Let's clean out the closet, let's get rid of crap. I know there's a lot of stuff on my mind right now. I'll tell you really, this drone thing has me absolutely perplexed. I now Honest to God, I just don't understand it. Do you know? As a pilot, I can't lift my freaking helicopter up two feet without being harassed. If I don't call in and report to a control authority, you can't fly an airplane. Why are drones allowed to fly around?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Let me explain something. Airplanes used to violate airspace all the time, and no one knew who they were, the little crop dusters out in the country, whatever, whatever, whatever. There was a rule called I want you to learn this because it's important, adsb out. What that means is every single plane in the country had to be equipped by a certain year twenty twenty with what they called adsb out. That means that your plane had to have the ability no matter how little it was, whether it's a crop duster, it didn't matter. It had to have the ability to transmit itself. In other words, when you fly around, you have to have an adsb out transmit. They call it out because you're transmitting. So you had to have an ADSB transmitter that sent out your end number. It also sent out where you are. Now why did they do that? Because they knew radar did not cover the entire country. So if you're flying out in the country and someone else flying out the country, you can each see each other. But it was more important than that the government can cobody. No, a transponder is. A transponder works like this. When you're flying around and radar hits it, it excites it and sends a signal back. That's all a transponder does. Okay, that's what a transponder does. It doesn't necessarily and and now the new transponders tell you. So it tells them how fast approximately, and what height, and what what elevation or what altitude you're flying at. But that's only when you're in airspace. A radar catches it. If there's no radar on a tower, you know, if it's a small little field somewhere, transponders do nothing. Okay, So the transponder wasn't enough. They wanted a way to know who was flying where and when. That's why now you can go to call a program. Right now, any of you can go to a program called flight aware. Flight Aware is a website. And when you go to FlightAware dot com and put in I shouldn't even tell you this because you get my end number. You can tell where I am, when I am, how I am. Oh, you put an end number in and you'll see where that plane is at all times. At all times, it's last flight, where it went, it's flight track, if it did circles, donuts, You see everything, everything you did. That's how a lot of instructors check on their student pilots. If there's student pilots that I went on across country. You see, back in the day, we had to prove we went on across country. You know how we did that when we had to do it for our license. When we flew to a remote airport and landed, we had to have somebody there sign it saying that they saw us there in this airplane. You did, and you put that in your log. That's how you proved you did your cross country. Now nowadays you don't have to prove anything. They just go to flight Aware to see if you landed there. You can't cheat anymore. Pilots used to sheet all the time. You can't say I went flying, honey and I flew to somewhere for lunch. If you didn't, she can go on fly towear dot com and find out in a heartbeat if you flew and where you flew too, every private jet even I even looked up, but Taylor Swift's jet when she was flying around where it was in the air, where it landed. Now why am I saying all this? Okay, let me get back to the point. If they require or every single aircraft in the entire country airspace to have ADSB, why don't they require drones to have the same thing. I'll tell you what. It's dangerous. Drones fly around mostly where helicopters do. I don't like that. I can't tell you how many times I've come across drones. They could have taken me out. And then another thing, they can fly as high as a fricking airliner when they're coming in and doing certain maneuvers. I don't think they go up to thirty or forty thousand feet, but they can go to heights when they're coming in and out of airports and controlled areas. So why aren't drones more controlled? Then there would be no question. Do you know what would happen if I just tried to fly around my ultra lights somewhere like that? Do you know what would happen? They would shoot you down. For God's sakes. Why are they letting these drones fly indiscriminately everywhere? Why they shouldn't be able to do it. It's dangerous, it's dangerous, it's stupid. They should control drones because drones are aircraft. Period. You pick a size, if it's bigger than I don't know, your hand or whatever, pick a size and pick a power, and they should be regulated. It isn't it common sense? For God's sake? Think about it. They're flying around, you know where the rescue helicopters, the ambulance helicopters, all of the light aircraft and airlines coming in and out of major airports. They are flying around without any control whatsoever.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 3: You don't have to have a license, you don't have to know what you're doing. You don't have to have a registration. You should have all of that. Why should you be playing with something like that without having that? Okay, isn't that common sense? And why are we letting these drones just fly around not knowing what they're gonna do? Do you think by chance there might be a terrorist? Thinking? pH we went through all the trouble trying to sneak over the border. We went through all the trouble of trying to teach people how to fly airliners. We went through all the trouble. We don't have to do any of that. People, We can take a drone for one thousand dollars and put poisonous gas in it and crash into the Capitol. I does anyone find this as disturbing as I do? I'm serious. There are no controls whatsoever, and they watch them. The FA frustrated, The FBI is frustrated.
Speaker 11: Tom, Look what the government is frustrated. Look what the Ukrainian is doing with their their you know, five hundred dollar drones. They're take me out tanks. They just they just put a little bomb on it. And anybody could do that now.
Speaker 3: And don't you think, don't you dare think it's not going to happen. It absolutely will happen. Do you think terrorists are stupid? They're watching this now? Tell me why aren't we Okay, first and foremost, we're not shooting him down because it could cause danger to people. I don't know, but I know this. They could flyp and investigate them, but they don't. They're not doing anything nothing. I swear to God, I don't understand it. So bottom line, all drones should be regulated. Like it or not, they should be Eileen, what's going on with you? Hello? Eileen? You said you had a two thousand and seven A four.
Speaker 7: OUTI oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 17: Thank you?
Speaker 10: And you were hit for getting back to.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Lean and you were hit on November Eileen. We're gonna do it this way now. Now I'm going to talk and ask simple questions. Okay, on November twenty, First, you were hit by another driver. He claims you hit him. Now, now you're dealing with insurance. Now you don't agree. You say that you hit him. Excuse me? He hit you? He says you hit him. There's no way to prove it one way or the other. Now, if there's no way to prove it, your insurance do you have? I don't think you have collision coverage on A two thousand and seven A four OUTI do you? Oh?
Speaker 18: Yes, I do?
Speaker 7: I had complete?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, all right that okay, So your insurance then should take care of that damage.
Speaker 7: Yes, So let me tell you and Tom it's so nice to talk to you.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 15: They originally told me that they would cover thirty thousand, nine hundred ninety two dollars for.
Speaker 3: Whatever. It doesn't matter, if that part doesn't matter. They originally said they would cover the damage.
Speaker 15: Right, and then my the collision. The Colorado coach said that the estimate went up from that amount to thirteen seventy eight dollars and fifteen cents.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you mean you mean an additional okay, yes, So they agreed to pay around thirty grand and it went up by thirteen grand.
Speaker 15: Well, thirteen hundred for thirteen hundred, and it went outside thirteen seventy eight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're not talking now.
Speaker 3: Well why wouldn't they So why wouldn't they pay that additional money?
Speaker 7: Well, that's what I am.
Speaker 3: This is all you have to do. Listen, listen, Eileen. Let me just put it to you this way. Okay, all they have to do. All you have to do is pay your deductible and they should pay the collision, should pay for your car up to a certain amount. Then they total your car. So I just need to know this. Are they going to total your car or are they going to fix your car?
Speaker 7: No, they're saying they are going to total my car. And that's okay.
Speaker 3: Now now that's the point.
Speaker 15: Okay, car is totally drivable.
Speaker 3: Okay, Arleen, This happens all the time. Okay, Eileen, listen, Okay, I get it. Let me explain this to you. You don't have to explain that you're angry and that you don't agree. I know that I get this call all the time. Here's what they're saying, and you agreed to it, and you agreed to it in your policy. Okay, here's what you agreed to that. It's their choice to either pay you the value of the car or repair it. It's up to depth.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, if they want to total your car, the best you can do is to make a settlement and buy another car. If you don't agree with the totaling, there's nothing you can do about it. What you can do, however, is offer to buy the car back. But that almost never, ever, ever, ever, ever works out for consumers when they want to buy the car back and fix it. I don't recommend it. How much are they willing to give you for this car?
Speaker 7: Okay, you are so sweet. Let me just tell you one thing, Tom, and thank you for listening to me.
Speaker 15: They are okay, Initially, they are going to give me a settlement of sixty five hundred dollars for if they take ownership of my car. Now, if I retain my car, which is what I want to do, is fifty nine one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: And that's not bad. That's not a that And how much is the total repair?
Speaker 15: Which is so weird is because the repair.
Speaker 3: How much is the total repair bill?
Speaker 15: Eileen, I'm telling you fifty six hundred and twenty dollars in twenty nine cents, which is less than.
Speaker 7: What they are going to give me as a retainment.
Speaker 3: Of my Eileen. It is their choice. It is their choice. Here's how it works, Okay. When an insurance company, Eileen, if you listen, i'll tell you. Okay, you don't have to keep telling me about your dismay. Okay. Here, here's what it is. They look at what's damaged and they decide is it worth fixing for fifty six hundred and they decide no, we would rather give her fifty nine hundred. And I'm gonna tell you why. Because if they pay fifty six hundred to fix it, they are afraid that a two thousand and seven, A four AUDI with all of those repairs are going to be a nightmare for them. And They don't want you coming back with complaints. They would rather make a full and final settlement and give you fifty nine hundred bucks and let you keep the car, or give you sixty five hundred and just salvage the car in a wrecking yard. That's okay. Those are your choices. Now. If you can get that car fixed for fifty six hundred and they're willing to give you fifty nine hundred, then you can do it and yet it fixed. But I'm going to tell you something, and I want you to remember this day. If you take fifty fifty nine hundred from your insurance and you put fifty six hundred into a two thousand and seven, a four OUTI with ninety five thousand miles that has been wrecked to that degree, it would be the worst decision you have ever made.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: That is my That is my advice. You you called for my advice. So what I'm telling you is this. If you do not, if you do not fix it, take the sixty five hundred and buy another car. If you have the choice, fifty six and you're gonna are fifty nine and I'll fix it myself, or sixty five and I'll walk away, My recommendation is that you walk away three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five go with a sh your thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, welcome. You can get your calls in with problems, questions and complaints. By the way, Deputy Bodeputy doc in the studio. Deputy d here with me any if you have anything file?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, you know John full has made a believer right of me. If this lady had spent one hundred and fifty bucks for a dash cam, it would be over.
Speaker 18: So I would it pick up a side swipe though? Would it pick up a side swipe? Yeah, it would pick up the fact that she didn't sit swipe. Count well because you look forward and so if the if the video you're watching didn't swipe, you didn't do it.
Speaker 8: See.
Speaker 11: It also has a wide angle, so you can get you can get it's not just straight ahead. It's a wide angle lens. You can get more than you think. But like I say, for one hundred and fifty bucks, you get none of this would happen. But if you don't, if you don't have a dashcam, what you need to do at the scene of the accident is take some pictures before you move the cars out of the roadway. That also will protect you because you can tell from the angle.
Speaker 3: Of it and call the police.
Speaker 11: Well, if you're not going to call the police, at least take pictures and you can tell who who's out of their lane and you know how to interpret the accident.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So here's the bottom line. If you have a dash cam, it's definitely better than not having one, unless you're like maybe me and you don't want to convict yourself.
Speaker 2: Ha, just kidding.
Speaker 3: Three or three seven one three talk seven one three two five five Guys, you have any follow ups?
Speaker 13: Yeah, dude, what do you got? Well, it's kind of a tragic situation. We got a call a few days ago from a guy named Daniel. He's homeless and he was living in an RV that he bought for about twelve hundred bucks. Long story short, the cops towed away the RV. He got thrown in the slammer. He then got extradited too. I think Missouri. Where the slammer again? He just got uh why was he arrested? You know it's it's here's the short version of it. The police were trying to stop him. He didn't know. He claims he didn't know they were behind him. They shot a tracking dart into his RV and then such a thing, oh ye tracking dark. Yeah, it's like a big sticky thing and they fired from the front of the police car. And then it's got a GPS locator and then they come and find you at their convenience, which is what happened to poor Daniel. So the issue now is that he's stuck in Kansas City, can't afford a bus ticket.
Speaker 2: His car.
Speaker 13: I did track this, yeah, it was still definitely impounded. He thought it was an Aurora. I spoke with Aurora. They don't have it, but they did help me track it down to Denver. I verified that Denver Sheriff's Department is holding it. Unfortunately, it's been over thirty days. They're getting ready to either sell or scrap it. All he wants is access to the RV to get his tools out. He has some tools in there that he uses to eke out a very modest income. He can't get in because he's not the registered owner of the RV. Who is, Well, the God knows who's the registered owners. He bought it from a storage yard and it was abandoned, So all we're trying to do. He has a bill of sale, it's got his name, it's got the pin number no well if. Yeah, there are plates on it, but they're not his, so they're the previous owner and God knows who that was. So I've been trying to get either the Sheriff's department or their mayor's office. I've been sending left messages and I send emails to both of their press relations offices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mayor won't listen unless you tell him he's an illegal allien. He's carrying weapons.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the mayor is going to go to jail to keep the trend.
Speaker 3: Tell the mayor, he's an illegal alien, an illegal immigrant carrying weapons and fetanol. And then he'll fight to get about.
Speaker 13: This mayor of Denver ran on the platform of helping the homeless, and all I'm getting is silence on what we're trying to do is get the dude's tools back. He already gave up. He can't afford to take the to pay the impound fee and the storage fee. He just points his tools out. That's not too much to ask for. I get nothing but silence from Denver Sheriff's office and from Denver Mayor's office.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know what to say, man, I just don't know what to say. It's heartbreaking, it is, and we run across these things again, priorities. Are people happy with this mayor? I mean, he was like a nice guy as a person. He just seems like an all around nice guy. But no, that's a politician's trick. That's that's the politician persona.
Speaker 13: He puts on.
Speaker 3: Amber, what's happening, Amber, Yes, this is what's going on. Yes, what's happened?
Speaker 20: Okay, So back on just Ver.
Speaker 21: First, the vehicle I was in posession of got stolen from me.
Speaker 14: However, my dog and her six puppies were in the backseat.
Speaker 20: Okay, who my vehicle?
Speaker 22: Well, yeah, whoever stole my vehicle ended up in a pursuit with the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department, and I guess they ended up getting away, but my dogs ended up getting taken to the animal shelter by Officer Richie who is the.
Speaker 21: Animal control ufser. Now I found out this out that night, same night he got taken and the next day I went up to the Riverside or Riverdale animal Control or not in the control, their animal shelter, and I went up there to go get my dogs. I got told by the animal control officer that they would not be released to me unless I talked to Adams County since they were involved in a crime.
Speaker 3: Now they and where exactly are they right now?
Speaker 21: Right now they have been moved apparently to a shelter, to a foster care.
Speaker 7: I don't know where they're at anymore.
Speaker 3: First they were brought first they.
Speaker 21: To where the Riverdale animal shelter.
Speaker 3: Okay now Riverdale then sent them out to private foster.
Speaker 21: Now they have yes, it's now been.
Speaker 3: Foster or were they adopt? Is it foster care? Or were they adopted out?
Speaker 21: They're in a foster care family right now, is what I've been told.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that means that they're up for adoption.
Speaker 21: Not yet, since they will be up for adoption, Yeah, they will, and they're too.
Speaker 13: Young to be adopted. What about the mother dog?
Speaker 21: Apparently the mother dog bought them?
Speaker 3: I know, But is the mother dog up for adoption?
Speaker 9: Not at the time.
Speaker 3: No, how many puppies? Six?
Speaker 13: Oh god?
Speaker 3: And what was your plan for them? Well?
Speaker 21: I want I wanted to go and pick them up that very day and claim all of it.
Speaker 3: What was your plan for them when you were driving around with a mom and six puppies in the car? What was the plane?
Speaker 21: No I was I wasn't driving.
Speaker 14: I was at a friend's house and they were in the backseat.
Speaker 5: Of the car.
Speaker 7: Because you know, she's got What was your plan?
Speaker 9: I mean, they live with me.
Speaker 21: I was going to go home with them later.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it. Okay, So so you weren't Okay, so they weren't living in the car.
Speaker 21: No, No, they weren't living in the car.
Speaker 10: I was just you know, you know, so can you just go?
Speaker 3: Can't you just go and claim them?
Speaker 21: I try to and off. Sir Richie, the animal control officer told me that I wasn't allowed to.
Speaker 2: Because why.
Speaker 3: All right, now we'll get the uh. We'll take a break and come back and then Kitschina explain to her what's going on. Okay, I don't mind taking her back on again. Just explain to her if she's all right.
Speaker 2: I UH.
Speaker 3: For people listening, if you hurt a little delay our YouTube more on's heard the whole thing. But if you're listening on the radio, we had to nix out a word. We'll be right back with more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three L three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. So on December first, her car was stolen, her dog and six puppies were inside. The thief was caught, dogs were brought to Riverdale Animal Shelter and then uh after that, she wants to get him back, but they were sent to foster care and somehow someone told her she can't get him back. Now without saying any naughty words, Chamber, why can't you get him back? What was the reason given to you?
Speaker 14: I was told by auser Richie the Animal Control after that unless I gave her a name of the driver of this vehicle, that I would not be allowed to get my dogs.
Speaker 3: And now why did okay? I don't understand that. I don't what does that mean either the driver meaning the thief, the thief or you.
Speaker 14: Yes, the thief, the thief whoever stole the car?
Speaker 3: Now, why did you have okay? Are they saying you knew the thief?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 23: That's what she kept telling me is that's the reason why if.
Speaker 21: I don't give them a name of whoever was driving during the pursuit, then am I not getting my dogs?
Speaker 23: I think they were assuming that.
Speaker 3: What was the reasoning? What was the reasoning? But Amber, what was the reasoning behind wanting you to know the name of the thief?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I have no idea what the reason.
Speaker 3: Well did you ask here? Did you ask?
Speaker 23: Did you say I wasn't able to pick up my dogs? And her only response was that there was a police hold through Adam County Jeff's department, And I talked to Adam Kelly's department. They told me that once the dogs were in her custody, they didn't they had no more, they had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 13: They didn't care.
Speaker 23: So basically I got back and forth.
Speaker 10: Back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why do you think what kind of dogs are they?
Speaker 14: She is a pitbull at blue heather mixed and so are her puppies.
Speaker 13: Are those outlawed in the jurisdiction where the where the chase came to an end.
Speaker 23: No, because there she's a mix, so she's a mutt.
Speaker 13: Really, Amber, if the Animal Control just wants the driver's name that's available to you in the police report that was generated at the time, I.
Speaker 3: Don't understand the reason for that. I don't get what they're getting at. I think we need hold on, Amber, let's I think we exhaust asked them. Why don't you let me call Richie and ask Okay, it's a ridiculo. Who who cares who the driver is? She wasn't driving the cars.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Or you call Riverdale. But there's a reason the dog's not being given back. We're just not hearing.
Speaker 13: These reasons we need to make. I need to make Amber. Do they suspect you, Amber? Do they suspect you of being an unlicensed dog breeder? Is that a suspicion?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of this.
Speaker 13: The government suspects you, lie?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of a licensed dog breed yea.
Speaker 13: They're required in Colorado.
Speaker 3: And if you which means what that if you're going to breed dogs or any dogs, what if your dog gets knocked up and has puppies?
Speaker 10: Are you in.
Speaker 3: Violation of the law?
Speaker 13: Is that what happened to Amber? Or is this not the first time that any dog.
Speaker 23: You ownt had had poppysgnant?
Speaker 21: And I necessarily I didn't.
Speaker 3: And how all the other dogs hold on? That's a good question. If they did suspect that, they would have told her that. But what I'd like to know is what they did They say you're an unlicensed breeder or but he asked, did you ever have did you have these puppies intentionally?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 21: I didn't. I mean they they were born, and I didn't you know, I knew she got pregnant, but I didn't want her to get pregnant, like I didn't purpose you to get her bregnant.
Speaker 23: Okay, that on her own.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it. So she's not an unlicensed dog breeder. Listen, Bo, make some calls.
Speaker 13: Let's just caln get the other side of the story.
Speaker 3: That's right, three oh three seven to one three talk. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Don't forget the Deep Clean forty five bucks. You know we're very stingy on who we endorse for these things. Garrett and his team are golden eight eight eight Heating dot Com three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. At Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now here's somebody wants to know something. I live in Colorado Springs and have a fifteen by fifteen deck with ledgers? What are ledgers attached to my house over ten years ago? What are ledgers? Guys? What are ledgers? Do you know of someone down here that could install a roof over my deck with ledgers and posts?
Speaker 5: Hmm?
Speaker 13: How about justin Garcia?
Speaker 3: What is it? Hey? You know what I want to do? I want to get Genesis on to talk about this one. Okay, he goes down into the springs, but let's ask him and anyone else you can think of. Kachina. You got that right. Here's another one. How much is the pound fee for the guy wanting to get his tools? Well, they let him get his tools.
Speaker 13: The impound fee when I looked it up online on Friday. It all added up to almost twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: This guy said he's willing to pay it.
Speaker 13: Well, there's some question about whether or not they're even to release the RV to him, because well, first of all, I really want to get this guy's contact information. But the Devi Sheriff's office says they actually require someone to be the registered owner in order to reclaim the vehicle. This guy, he's the owner, but he never registered.
Speaker 3: Somebody says they're drones spotted over Elizabeth And you know, drones are all over, but never to the extent they are these giant ones. Where can you buy these giant ones? Can anyone just go out and buy them? God is amazing to me. Now, By the way, somebody has a pet peeve and they say, if you're talking about a problem like a water pump or a furnace or things, they don't like hearing that word anymore. They said, the new politically correct word is an issue, not a problem. And I think they're saying that tongue in cheek. By the way. Three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now Gabe's got a question about social security. Hello, Gabe, I'm Tom. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Gabe? Hey?
Speaker 5: Tom, how are you doing? Hey?
Speaker 24: I've got a couple of two friends, his wife and his two kids. If I'm Venezuela. I got on my place, made their first monch rant and all that. They got jobs, and they had a question for me. They worked these hours a lot of hours. Aren't my chain?
Speaker 16: So security? Whatever?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 24: So security, they get it back after they get the I number or what all it?
Speaker 3: You know? So they have they have a social Security number? Right, No, you're not gonna get well, well, okay, if they get a Social Security number and they go to work, they will get social Security.
Speaker 24: Nulla work commit So they got a job and they're taking out.
Speaker 3: But this work happens. Yeah, but are they They can't be taking our social security because they don't have an account, so I don't know how they're doing it, Gabe. But they're not taking our social security therefore, no, it won't go toward their social security yet. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two new need advice, you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three old three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We are here to solve problems. That's what we do. So this hour brought to you by Wave eight Wealth Management. Full disclaimer here my company I started after years of research on the on the industry, and basically you can call for a free evaluation. I know people say that, but this is no BS. You can talk to people who've used us and we can tell you where you set your with your financial advisor. That God's honest truth. If you're doing well, sometimes you don't need an advisor at all. But truly, it's the time to take a look and nothing, nothing can hurt by going over what you're doing, how you're invested, how you're converting equity to cash flow, cash flow to equity, balancing a portfolio, babysitting it. Ninety eight percent of the time, financial advisors are not really advisors. That's just the fact they're either affiliates, employees, or some kind of a middleman or middlewoman. And what you need is someone to directly babysit. We do our own models based on the specific individuals and there is nothing to lose just giving us a call, nothing and you get my personal attention. We also help our people with a car buying service and everything else without any markups, any prices, any fees at all. That's it. You call us three oh three seven seven to one help. I'm not kidding, by the way, I'm taking this very seriously after years of being abused in this industry, and we are registered and ready to go three oh three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven. Or you can look at Wave eight, the number eight Wave Eightcapital dot com. Khalia. What's going on? This sounds like a nightmare. Oh what's happening? Is it? Is it Kaliah? Am I saying? Am? I saying that correctly? Kalia?
Speaker 20: Thanks, thank you for asking.
Speaker 7: It's Kaleia Kalaiah.
Speaker 3: What a pretty name? Are you Hawaiian?
Speaker 20: Thank you? No, my name is Hawaiian.
Speaker 2: Give me oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh okay, sweetheart? What's going on? Kalia?
Speaker 20: Yes, thank you Tom for on taking my call. I currently have been out of my home for over two years and due to water that has entered from the ex terrier and the roof.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, you've been out of it? Is this one you own or rent?
Speaker 20: Yes, sir, this is my condo that I have owned for clothes.
Speaker 3: And when did you buy it? Okay? Ten years ago? Okay, that's all I need to know. So you've owned a condo for ten years and you've been out of it for how long?
Speaker 5: For over two years?
Speaker 3: But hold on a second, that doesn't make sense to me. Tell me what happened.
Speaker 20: Yes, So, back in twenty twenty two of August, I came home. I'm an educator, I'm a teacher the Denver Republic. I came home and there was water literally shooting out of the walls. It was a horrific scene and water was shooting out of the walls and multiple rooms.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 20: So it all It was detected to be failure of the roof and not the HOA the association homeowners association not keeping their gutters cleaned.
Speaker 3: And since then, I now, hold on, hold on, wait, wait, because this story going to go on. I want to ask a few things. So the water coming through the walls was due to a defective.
Speaker 20: Roof, yes, the negligence of the homeowner's association keeping their gutters, well, do they do.
Speaker 3: They acknowledge that they were negligent? I know you keep saying that. Do they say, oh, my goodness, Kalia, we should have fixed this.
Speaker 20: They're never going to say that. However, they disfile several cleans to assist me because matters just kept getting worse and worse.
Speaker 3: Talk what about did what about your homeowners? What did your eight what did your homeowners cover?
Speaker 20: So my homeowners currently right now, the association is supposed to be covering my out of pocket expenses and a place for me to live currently right now?
Speaker 3: Now, hold on, is that some kind of a written agreement, Well.
Speaker 20: That's in there, that's in their policy. They have multiple policies through there. I guess they're brokers and obvious. Please where it gets sticky at is that because nobody wants to pay. I sent multiple contractors out to my home and they've sent all of their findings to the association with pictures and written, Wait a minute, so what about now you still we're skating something here.
Speaker 3: You have insurance. Normally what happens, Kalia is your insurance would cover this and then go after the responsible party.
Speaker 20: Yep, so my insurance because of my condo, my insurance covered my out of pocket expenses and everything for the last two years. When I questioned farmer's insurance.
Speaker 3: What about the repairs? Are they going to do the repairs too?
Speaker 20: So unfortunately every repair company that has come in they stopped working and they viewed my place and they said, you still have water from the outside coming in. They said, so because they're continuously it's too much more.
Speaker 3: I get it. There's in other words, they're saying, there's no sense fixing it if it's still broke.
Speaker 7: Exactly exactly so, But Khalia.
Speaker 3: There's Kalaia. I don't want to gloss over this. This is very important. Does the does your insurance company agree to fix it once the water stops.
Speaker 20: Yes, they've agreed to say okay once the water stops. Now, the reason why they have not gone after the association is because in their bylaws, from what farmers have told me, it states that insurances for whatever reason, cannot go after the h away. There are no really governing documents in the state of Colorado. Excuse me to hold homeowners assoshi.
Speaker 3: Now does the okay hold on? This is so complicated that I'm cutting your short so I can ask follow up questions. I'm taking notes so I am listening that I want to know this. Does the HOA acknowledge that there is still a water intrusion problem? Yes? And yeah, then why don't they fix it? Why don't they fix it?
Speaker 20: That's an excellent question, Tom, And what they continuously keep doing is putting band aids on problems that need to be completely ripped out and remodel and refixing its entirety. I have literally suffered for the last two years.
Speaker 3: And again I am on my but here's the way it works. Here's the way it's going to work. Legally, well, it's not legal advice, but let's say logistically, here's how it's going to work. Listen carefully, the HOA Well, in a perfect world, the HUA stops the water intrusion, the HOA repairs whatever is owned by the HOA, and your insurance company takes care of everything in your unit from the dry wall in. At the end of all of this, when you're back in your place, your insurance company and has nothing to do with you, will go after the HOA if they can to subrogate. If they can't, then they don't. But you should not be the victim. So we have a number of steps here. The first one is, if the HOA acknowledges there is a water problem, why are they not fixing it? You saying they're trying to cheap out right.
Speaker 20: Yes, So what they told me via email they said, Kaleia, just get everything fixed and then we'll figure out who's that fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but you can't. No, No, we're not talking about who's at faul. I don't think you're hearing what I'm saying. I hope you do. All you care about right now, all you care about right now is that the HOA stops the water infiltration. It's not the right time, and to ask them to fix your condo. The first thing is to let them acknowledge they have a water problem and get it stopped. So where are we with that?
Speaker 20: So where we are with this is that? And again I'm hearing you loud and clear, trust me, where go ahead? That the Board of Health has finally signed them, even though they were supposed to find them two years ago. So with that being said, I am now trying to the border of Health has told me that I have to be present. They have to be present, and whichever contracting company that the HOA has decided to bring in to see why the water continuously continues to come into my home, we have to figure out a day in a time, so that day is supposed to be the.
Speaker 3: Exciting Okay, okay, that's good. Then what.
Speaker 20: And then hopefully everything gets fixed. However, the issue again is is yes, they've acknowledged that they there has been issues with their roofs and that they are negligent. That's why they foiled a claim for me. But unfortunately none of their adjusters have given me next steps. The HOA has stopped talking to me. My law firm that I did have at the time continuously sent them demand letters and they've ignored all of that, and so I have literally been stuck with everything. Okay, it I can't afford on a teacher salary, still paying my mortgage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but isn't your insurance paying for your temporary housing?
Speaker 20: And that's what I was trying to mention earlier. For after two years they stopped. It's been past two years and their point of why they chose to stop is, well, because you've exhausted your policy and we paid for that. And I told them I have I have new mold that has developed. My first claim that I put in was.
Speaker 13: For the water.
Speaker 3: My second thing, I have a couple of things to tell you. And you're a teacher, so I know you're you're you truly do have a group on this. So to recap this thing, it's the place, but they're not going to fix the place that is still having problems. So the HA has to stop the water intrusion. The HA acknowledges there is a water problem, but for some reason, they're dragging their feet. Why are they dragging their feet? Why?
Speaker 20: To be honest with you, Tom, I this is not what they have told me. However, the emails don't lie, and the phone calls don't lie.
Speaker 9: I just feel like they do not.
Speaker 20: Want to pay, and unfortunately I'm not the only person suffering. Yeah, they know that if they fix a building.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, I agree. So here's what we're going to do if the h A acknowledges there is a water problem. But they are dragging their feet and you're all having a meeting on Friday? Is that right?
Speaker 20: Yes, sir, the meeting scheduled for Friday at one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, I'd like one of my people there. I would love that to observe to find out where we stand. I'm taking volunteers Friday at one. I don't want to get you on the air on Friday. I just want to have somebody there to look at it and see what's going on here because we need we need someone to be there and observe. As your friend, and you're allowed to have that volunteers, I'll be happy to go. William.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're here in the metro area.
Speaker 8: I take it.
Speaker 3: Where are you?
Speaker 5: Yes? You my address.
Speaker 13: Are what's a big intersection.
Speaker 20: Where's your area like Blas and Parker.
Speaker 3: Oh she's right near us.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I'll go.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right near us. No, fooling. Now you're in a condo where what project are we talking about? How far away from that intersection are you east or west of it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 20: My gosh, I'm so visual.
Speaker 3: I tell you. Well, what I mean is if you're if you're standing at Parker and Iliff, do you head towards the mountains to get to your place? Yes? Really? Okay? Are you near Cherry Creek Country Club? Not that far down?
Speaker 20: I'm across the street from. Do you want me to just I'm not on the air, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are, of course off. Hold on, no, no, we're gonna give this this h kitchen is going to get your info. We're going to send somebody there to help you. Here's here's what I want to see, Don, and I'm telling this as much to D as you. I want to make sure that the HUA acknowledges that, and eventually, if they're at fault, they should fix your place. But they're not going to, and I'll tell you why because they have an anti subrogation clause in there somewhere. But technically here's the steps. First, the HUA must stop the water because they can't you can't do repairs if there's still a problem. They have to stop the water, make the repairs, and then they have to do repairs up to your unit, your h your insurance has to fix from the dry wall in that's what they have to do. Then after all that's done, I think you'll have a claim against the HA for this extra for this extra living expense. But you don't make that threat on Friday. Hold on, Okay, Khalia, Deputy d you know you want me to that basically, you got it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll give her a call. I'll get her address right here.
Speaker 3: And the good news about that is that, yeah, it's close uh three oh three seven months, although you might be at the station on Friday three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three each five five. Phil has a comment on drones. I want to take real quick. Then I got Mark Schumanski. Phil, what is your comment on drones? Since they're pissing me off?
Speaker 19: To Hey, Tom, you're a helicopter one O gambling gun on that thing and go around shooting them.
Speaker 3: God Almighty see people like you. They're a dangerous No.
Speaker 19: No, I'm sure years ago.
Speaker 5: No you're not.
Speaker 19: I seen two of them last night, about ten o'clock last night on my patio.
Speaker 3: Are you there on on your patio? You mean on your patio?
Speaker 19: You were on your patio and you saw I was on my patio. I live sort of like in the mountains, and I seen two of them and they were hovering and they had you know, like green or white lights or red light and there was and they were going and then they disappeared. I mean, they just disappeared just like that. And I came in.
Speaker 3: You know, obviously, I know, I hope you're kidding. Obviously you're kidding about shooting. Oh come on, bro, pleasease say you don't shoot now. I think the military can, right, the military can do that, Bro, the military can.
Speaker 19: I will an object does flying over the shoot it down? Why are our federal government doing something about this if they can?
Speaker 25: You remember, our federal government couldn't hit a hot air balloon. They had to shoot two missiles at it. You really wanted to do that with drunks, they're much closer to the ground.
Speaker 19: Look, I can identify these drones that are flying. All they do is.
Speaker 3: Still Seriously, Phil, we can't have civilians going out shooting people down. Okay, come on, bro, come on, please help me out here.
Speaker 19: But our government, you know, could do that years ago.
Speaker 3: Well okay, our government could. Okay, our government could, but not us, not me in a in a helicopter.
Speaker 19: Anyway, I'm going to that one.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, dear God, thank you. I thought you were serious.
Speaker 11: Anyway, that prevents you from shooting down a drone? If it's X number of feet over your properties.
Speaker 26: You cannot fire a gun into the air, Doc, Well.
Speaker 3: You you can't, and you can't. Yeah, maybe, I mean, I don't know if there's a law that says that exactly. You can't fire at a drone or you can. Look. Oh my god, I'm just so I'm so upset with you people. I just we can't shoot them now. I think the government should do something. By the way, I'm doing something i've never done before. I'm putting a picture up on the YouTube feed due to popular demand, and it's going to be a picture of me and they in my muscle attire at the gym. So you people, I'm putting it right now. I'm transitioning over there. You can watch that while I Oh god, anyway, Phil, thank you for calling now YouTube, I have a picture of me up there, morons, I'd like your comment. Shirtless mar Mark Shamansky genesistotalexteriors dot com. I got a question for you that came in on a text. Okay, thank you. Let me find it here, all right, Mark, He says, I don't know what he means, but he has Oh wait wait, I just had it. Oh Tom, how did you get your head on my body? Stop this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, let me find it where. I'm trying to find the guy that just had his dog gnet. He said he had a deck. I'm trying to find the damn thing. And I, okay, here's here's what he said. I got a deck here. He is Kolorado Springs, fifteen by fifteen deck. Here's what I don't understand. He says, with ledgers attached to my house over ten years ago. These ledgers. I don't know what he means. But he has a deck with ledgers. Do you know someone that can install a roof on my deck with the ledgers and posts? Do you have any idea what he means?
Speaker 16: Well, I mean you know a ledsgureboard that's against your house. That's what all the deck boards are screw into, or not screw into, but get nailed to with a Joyce hanger. And so again, I mean you can have that like that, that's fine, and then you wouldn't want to.
Speaker 9: You know, yeah, you just have to have all proper framing.
Speaker 16: And then yes, you can put a roof over that deck.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you have to what do you hang the roof off of?
Speaker 16: Well, you need to go ahead, run posts down the ground, put cathons in the ground, and I have that support the roof to get your proper snow.
Speaker 3: Load that So wait a minute, so that are you taking from what he's reading that the deck does not have posts.
Speaker 9: Right, Well, it's hard to say if that would be Canada levered.
Speaker 2: And not just.
Speaker 3: Because he said it's a fifteen by fifteen deck. He says, it's a fifteen by fifteen deck with ledgers.
Speaker 16: So yeah, I wonder if it's can't leave it out, but that'd be too far out. You can't leave her out.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't do a fifteen foot deck? Can I leave it?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 3: Okay? Right? So in any case, in any case, you go to the springs, right, yeah, we do. I'm gonna have I'm gonna have them call uh okay, I'm definitely putting your name. You're right here. Okay, And let me ask you something. When you do that and hang a roof over you attach it to the house, how do you keep that from leaking behind?
Speaker 16: Well, you have to tie it into the existing roof.
Speaker 3: And well, okay, but what if the deck is lower than the roof? See what I'm picturing though, Let's say you have a deck and the deck is nowhere near your roof. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's just you can't if you had to hang it off the side of the house.
Speaker 16: Right, and so then you'd have roof choice that you're gonna have built, and you're gonna you're gonna frame back into that existing roof, and then you'll shingle that and you know, you'll have some valleys there, and you'll shingle that and gutter it, and now you'll keep it from Lincoln and you know, and also keeping the water between the deck and the house dry.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you had the roof an existing roofline near that deck, you could do that. But if the deck let's say, let's say it's a shoe story house and the deck is on the first floor and it comes out fifteen feet and he wants to put a roof over it, a shedding roof, so it'll be tied onto the wall. Okay, well, and you can, yes, So you could put it on the wall and then flash it so it doesn't leak. Correct.
Speaker 16: Correct, You're gonna remove some siding, you're gonna put in proper flashing, some waterproofing and uh, and then re above that roof and okay. Now, then the water that hits that roof then obviously run off away.
Speaker 10: From the house.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it, by the way, Uh, thank you. Genesis, Tootalexteriors dot com always love your comments. And okay, so I got I got my YouTuber's mad at me because when I put up the picture of my muscle bound sellth it cut off the sound. So sorry guys, but anyway, whatever you uh what what did you think of the picture? And uh just tell me and uh, I thought it was quite good. Uh, Deputy Doc doesn't quite believe it's me, but hey, there you go. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five BOP's got a follow up of a concrete issue two months ago. Oh, that's gonna be interesting. And then Donna wants to talk about a rent deposit with a department an apartment. Uh, all of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. One Clear Choice Garage Stores dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five back to the phones. And this, Uh, Donna, Donna, this rent deposit issue? What is going on? Donna? How can we help you? Oh?
Speaker 27: Well, you've they I've lived at this apartment for five years, had nothing but maintenance problems with them and stuff like that, but we always got through it. Well, they the management changed and I've had nothing but our problems with them.
Speaker 22: And so I moved.
Speaker 3: When did management change.
Speaker 27: Probably about a year and a half to two years. But the first guy that came in, Scott Thornton, he was he was awesome, but he.
Speaker 3: And then you moved out? After this? When did you move out? Well?
Speaker 27: Yeah, after I was assaulted in the parking lot by homeless people. They wouldn't do anything about that. They were looking in my bedroom window on my patio, and she wouldn't do anything about it, and so I said that and then I got attacked in my park a lot and I.
Speaker 3: Said, that's it.
Speaker 27: God, I'm the one that I'm the one that called you regarding them charging me for the dead bolt.
Speaker 11: On my door.
Speaker 27: I was the only unit without a dead bolt, and they tried it. They did charge.
Speaker 3: Okay, I remember, So you moved out.
Speaker 27: When the September thirtieth, my lease went to August thirty first. But I called the leasing agent, Christine Newton.
Speaker 3: I get it, And so you moved out. And what's the problem now.
Speaker 27: Well, they won't pay me my deposit back and they're trying to why I did all this damage.
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 27: They won't even return my bone called my jexes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here's one thing they have to do. Here's what they have to do. Okay, okay, let me continue. What they have to do. If you moved out September thirtieth, you go October thirtieth, November thirtieth, sixty days, they must give you. They must give you a written explanation, no matter what, even if you're truly at fault and you don't agree, they must give you a written explanation as to why they're keeping your money. Have they done that?
Speaker 27: No, sir, they won't even return my checks. Don't call nothing.
Speaker 3: How much was your deposit?
Speaker 27: I believe it was seven hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Okay, So then how do you know they're keeping it? Four damages?
Speaker 27: Well, on their move out sheet that said I had to fill it out thirty day prior thirty days before I left, which August twenty, how do you.
Speaker 3: Know on how do you know did they send did they? Okay? Donna, Here's what I said. The law says they have to let you know why they're keeping your deposit within sixty days. Did they do that?
Speaker 10: No, sir, did they do that?
Speaker 3: Okay? Then I'm asking you how okay? If they did not give you an explanation as to why they're keeping your deposit, how do you know they are claiming you did damage.
Speaker 27: From what one of the neighbors had said that They said that, you know, there's all this damage to her unit and it was okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, So no one officially told you that, Okay, s Now, you tell me, okay. Was there any kind of damage at all that you can think of?
Speaker 27: No, there was nothing, if anything. I cleaned it. It was cleaner than when I moved in.
Speaker 3: Did you know that you can listen to what you can do? Listen to what you can do. You can take that landlord to Small Claims court for treble damages triple the amount for twenty one hundred dollars, claiming that they violated the law and did not give you sixty days notice and illegally kept your deposit. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 27: And the problem this is I'm not in this state anymore, and I think that that's why they're.
Speaker 3: Oh where, well, oh, oh, where are you?
Speaker 27: I'm in Florida now because I had to get I had to get out.
Speaker 3: I mean I couldn't, Donna, Donna, I don't need explot Donna. You can move anywhere you want. I need an explanation. No, no, no, that's fine. I need to know this though. I'm just curious where in Florida?
Speaker 5: Leesburg?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's beautiful.
Speaker 27: Yeah, it's the Rolling Hills, if you can believe it.
Speaker 3: I know it, I know it. Hey, how's the weather there today?
Speaker 27: Well, it's kind of raining on and off a little bit, but it's nice and cool.
Speaker 9: It's like sixty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so listen, I'm not sure how we handle this because you're in Florida now, Because do you do you think they know you? Can't sue them do what they allow telephonics?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do they allow telephonic small claims?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: In fact, I followed a small claim suit about a week and a half ago, and I don't even have the option of going to the court room. It's going to be all on video or on the computer.
Speaker 3: You know what, Donna, you might be able to do this by remote control.
Speaker 13: Now, I don't know if she can file by mail. She may have to do that in person.
Speaker 3: You can do it online, right, No, you.
Speaker 13: Can't do it online. Well, she can fill it out online. She can fill it out online and imprinted. What city is this apartment in?
Speaker 27: It's in Little ten eight one two zero, Okay, So.
Speaker 13: Whatever county court that is. Call the small claims court and find out if you can file a small claim suit by mail. You'll print it out online. They may let you do it by mail.
Speaker 8: So what you do?
Speaker 13: Might you fill it out?
Speaker 3: You fill it out online and then you print it out and mail it in.
Speaker 13: Sounds like a rapper. You'd have to look that up, and you might have. You might be able to if you have any friends around here, they might be able to just file it for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they can file it for you, and then somebody serves the apartment.
Speaker 27: House problem you hold on they have a totally locked building. They will they you that might not be I know they are.
Speaker 3: That's not a problem.
Speaker 13: You just need to find out who the registered agent is for that company.
Speaker 3: Deputy Deputy Doc, Do you want to try over there? You want to try calling for her?
Speaker 11: You know what, if she sends me the forms, I'll bring it down myself. But can you before she sued, I'll just go file it in personally.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, I wonder if we could just make a call first and threaten them. Yeah, let's make That's what I'm thinking to me. That's a generous that's a generous offer. Doc. And what Donna, what Doc is saying is if you fill out all the stuff, he'll But before we do that, maybe he can call over there and light a fire under him and and have them have them let loose of the money.
Speaker 13: I'll be happy to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's no reason. Now, I think here's what I think is gonna happen. They're gonna claim they sent they sent you notice and you moved out of the state without sending a forwarding address. When you moved, did you leave a forwarding address?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 3: And the reason why?
Speaker 23: And I did send you?
Speaker 3: Well, then we're done, Donna, Donna, there is no reason. Okay, I gotta take a break. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show people three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Get ready for another visual feast coming up on YouTube? Oh goodness, greatious THIEFA don't stream it now and then you don't know what you're missing. But I'm gonna go now and talk because I really, we really are trying to do some stuff here to help people, now, Donna, I know, I know, listen, dear, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We do want to help you, and I think we can. But you may have tied our hands when you left. You did not leave a forwarding address.
Speaker 13: Is that right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 27: I did not, but I did send them on when they requested it.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, well wait a.
Speaker 27: Minute, mayage. I'd say one other thing on this move a form that they asked me how I would like to get my refund my deposit back.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 27: That said please deposit it back into my account.
Speaker 3: No, no, I get it. Okay. Having said that, then deputy Doc get her information. Let's call over there. I think this is a good case. They have no reason to keep her money, and then we have her address out, so let's do it. Hang on, let's give this to Doc. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your cover at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yea ripped.
Speaker 1: New need advice who you don't have the.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: We uh.
Speaker 3: We love doing what we do, folks, We really do. One clear choice Garage Doors loves what they do twenty four to seven. One clear Choice doors dot Com. I'm serious, the best company me anywhere when it comes to garage door or author for factory, authors for most stores, all the parts, all the components, the garage door openers. That's one clear choice Doores dot Com. All of the prices on that site, all of them so you can see everything. One clear choice Doores dot Com. Let's go to the phones and see what we can do for you. We truly love helping people. No fun Bob, you had a concrete job two months ago. I'm trying to find your problem here. Yeah, so Bob, did you did you call it? Did you call in using that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, you're Bob our landscaper, right, yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you asked me this.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Bob, Bob, I didn't know that. I thought you were the consumer. So, Bob, you you were helping Kevin? Is that correct?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 17: He was in monument. He got a fifty dollar poory done concrete job.
Speaker 3: He called me.
Speaker 17: I didn't even have to go down there after you sent me the pickers. I wrote you my I wrote you my very bozzy letters the drug Reddit and and he wanted to chase so he got seventy five hundred dollars back.
Speaker 10: I also, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Now? When when was this? Is this from hold on? Here's what I want to ask, was this? Was this a concrete driveway?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 17: And you asked me to help him?
Speaker 2: And was this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And this was didn't the contractor say he would fix it? But he didn't.
Speaker 17: Well, he didn't fix it. He poured it in the ring. He made every excuse the world. So I think Kevin's gonna call you because the letter I wrote. The judge was Shawn Press. He said, cay done. You're going to pay the guy the seventy five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: So so I just thought, oh, man, that is so cool. Yeah, and I I'm very happy about that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I just wanted to let you know it.
Speaker 26: I'll turn out to it.
Speaker 17: He'll be getting his money in and I'm sure he'll be calling me because I worked within the whole way through it to help him get through it. And then like I said, I helped him say a ton of money by not play from the back concrete and having it having a coat input on it, so that they did him another you know, turning out fifty grand and Coton you.
Speaker 3: Know, was this way back in May?
Speaker 2: Was this?
Speaker 3: This was way back in May?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, thank you so much for letting us know.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: And and here's what I want to know. What are your what are you doing in the winter? What do you do in the winter time?
Speaker 17: We just kind of what the guys kind of took off. I'm already signing jobs for next year. We actually come come out to Vegas and adopt fifty families for Christmas, provide about one thousand dollars per kids for toys. We give them a Christmas dinner.
Speaker 3: Really, you take home.
Speaker 17: We can't get a brand new bike. And then we give them three hundred dollars so they can go shopping for themselves. So we do it in Colorado, and we do it in Vegas. And that's where I am now in Vegas. Get ready to do that big.
Speaker 3: Hey way, you can't. You can't hold on, Kevin. You can't knock a sorry, Bob, you can't. You can't hit a kidder. You're in Vegas for charity. Come on, I'm just kidding. No, I know.
Speaker 2: So you.
Speaker 10: You talk to my wife.
Speaker 3: He wants to do this.
Speaker 17: We do the adopt the family here for the last fourteen years.
Speaker 3: That's wonderful, No, it really is. You're a good guy, Bob. I'm serious. And you've done wonderful work for us. And I'm gonna give you my dinger and that you deserve and we appreciate it. Thank you. So he wrote a letter, Thank you you too. Three oh three seven? All right, yes, you wrote a letter. And he wrote a letter to the courts for him and and uh man and and he got his money. That is so good. And uh I'm telling you, man, we have great people on the referral list at referral list dot com. Okay three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Now it's uh Tim's turn. Okay, Tim, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Hey, good afternoon, guys. How are you doing?
Speaker 11: Hey man?
Speaker 3: What happened? What's happening?
Speaker 10: And so me and my wife we purchased a vehicle back in April this year from Echo Park in Thornton Park. And uh yeah, about three weeks after having the vehicle, we noticed that when you drive it with jerk cat of nowhere and now this was.
Speaker 3: A twenty twenty one Chevy Equinox, right correct? And Tim, how many miles on it?
Speaker 10: It's got about fifty three thousand miles on it right now.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not bad, So okay, keep going.
Speaker 10: So as as I took it by myself to go for a drive, I have to go cook up my daughters from Broomfield. I'm driving on the highway doing about sixty five miles an hour, heading left. Found on I seventy and my back end completely locked up, spun out on the highway and I almost almost claimed my life that.
Speaker 3: Day, and all right, Hold on a second, Hold on a second. You bought it when and then when did the lockout happen?
Speaker 10: So I bought it in April twentieth of this year. The first block up Okay, it happened January, all right. The first lockup happened July first, and then the last lockup that the sertest one just happened was about well, hold on months ago after the first.
Speaker 3: After the first lockup happened? What happened? What did you do after the first one?
Speaker 10: I contacted the dealership to have them look into what was going on with it. Echo Parks said they wanted nothing to do with it, so I had to go take it to foul or Chevy. They took it in their shopping.
Speaker 3: Well, well, okay, to their defense, this happened okay, April twenty third, right, so it happened May June July, three months later, basically correct, right, Okay. So they're thinking, yeah, I get it, but they're thinking, I don't think anyone has the skill to time that, you know, exactly like that. But look at I'm not trying to make light of this. What I'm saying is it truly may be something they have no control over. It's a used car, although it doesn't have a lot of miles on it. That's what confuses me. It's only got it only had fifty seven thousand miles on it, or you put miles on it. But in any case, in July, the rear end locked up. I've never had that. I've never even heard of that. So you're driving along and it's like both wheels just locked.
Speaker 10: Yep, both wheels locked up, and it said service Emergency park Break service ECS. My traction control light was on, My park break was locked on.
Speaker 3: So what did the dealer do at the time. What did the dealer do at the time?
Speaker 10: Told me to total it out and do an insurance claim on it.
Speaker 3: Why did you wreck it?
Speaker 9: No, I didn't reckon.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't get an insurance claim on a mechanical failure, Tim, you don't get a So wait a minute. So in July, when your rear end locked up, you took it to a dealer to fix, and the dealer said you should total the car out.
Speaker 10: My wife's sitting right here, she can vouch for me. They told me what they say.
Speaker 3: Tim, Tim, I believe you. You don't you don't need to put on witnesses. Tim, Tim, don't worry. I believe you. I'm just trying to clarify in when your rear end locked up, the dealer told you it's not worth fixing, that you should total it out. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: If the place I bought it from, Echo Park said that, yes, okay, but there.
Speaker 3: Is no insurance claim for a mechanical failure, so you can't go to your insurance for a mechanical failure. It's it's so, so what happened? Then you said it happened again, So apparently they must have fixed it right?
Speaker 10: No, negative, they didn't do anything to it. They told me that I leaned up on the park break buttons.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so you're calling me now. You're calling me now for something that happened in July, right, So, in other words, it's been sitting there the whole time.
Speaker 10: So when they said that they were going to look at it, they never did. They gave me the car back and then it locked back up.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, hold on, say you see with Tim, Tim, I am so puzzled. Please, I'm really trying to understand. You said it locked up, they told you this is no good total it out and do an insurance claim, but you were able to drive it away. What happened? How did they get it unlocked?
Speaker 10: I had to reset the battery.
Speaker 26: I had to take the.
Speaker 10: Positive and negative terminals off the car to restart the car and then look everything back up for it to clear itself in order for it to drive.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, that's genius. How did you know to do that, Tim, That's a genius move. How did you know?
Speaker 10: I'm I'm fifteen plus your mechanics.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the dealers did not know how to do that, but you did, right.
Speaker 10: So when the car got to them at the dealership, it was already done. It wasn't locked up, it was able to drive, but they weren't able to figure out what was going on.
Speaker 3: And so wait a minute, So the dealer you drove your car, your truck in or your equinox into the dealer and it was running and you could drive it. But they told you you should have it totaled by your insurance company.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 3: What would you have claimed with your insurance company that you didn't like your truck anymore? Or what what would have been or your suv?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What claim did they suggest you could do?
Speaker 10: They told me to go totally.
Speaker 3: Don't you mean like to reck it on purpose? Wait? Wait wait they they told you to commit insurance fraud.
Speaker 10: Yes, what.
Speaker 3: And they told you you should get into an accident on purpose? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Can I say something?
Speaker 3: Wait no, not yet. This is important. They're encouraging him to commit in insurance fraud so he could buy another truck, another Equinox. But hold on, So so you said forget that and you drive it away? Then what keep going?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I want to hear the rest of your story. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: So after they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, I continue to drive it. And I have my family. I have four daughters and I having this big alright.
Speaker 3: Good good bye bye, goodbye? Hold on, just put them on, oh bye, we can't I got almighty. Just wait for our delay, bro, bro, I can't you know? All right? I had my monitor up By the way, whoever wrote me that note three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five? What is it? What is it today?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: You draggon? I mean how many? We have a lot of people, swear man.
Speaker 10: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 28: Somebody else told me to go never mind and then to never mind, Tom the protea, never mind. It's just become part of our routine vernacula. These all these words that you can't say on the radio, people just use them indiscriminately. It's just normal conversation these days.
Speaker 3: Three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. All right, listen, we gotta take a break and let's regroup, Tim. But here's what I want you to tell Tim. I need to know where this is going because we got to figure this out. Okay, I do want to figure it out. It happened again. I'm not sure it's anyone's fault, but but we got to explore it. I want to get Jeff thick on three oh three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I better and not hear anything disrespectful on YouTube three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five feat Your eyes on that people. Okay, now, Tim, listen, man, I would be so upset, especially with only fifty seven thousand miles. You got a twenty twenty one. It's relatively new. You bought it not long ago. But what we have to figure out is if the dealer somehow hid this from you or covered it up or lied to or knew about it. Because if it's truly something that happens, there's not you don't have an issue against the Echo Park.
Speaker 10: You see.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, Tim?
Speaker 10: Hey, this is the fourth vehicle from them that has ACKed up, so it's won right after the year.
Speaker 3: Why do you keep going back? Why do you keep going back?
Speaker 27: Man?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: You know, as try and throw hard in life to take care of my family, I don't have many options, man. So I was lucky that Echo Park actually was able to get me into a car.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, hey listen, let's talk about the fix. Maybe it's not that bad. Do you know what it is. I wanted to get Jeff Thick on. Did we get Jeff Onye? I want to get an expert on. I know you're somewhat of an expert. What do you think it is? Have you gotten it estimated?
Speaker 10: So the last time that happened on September twenty third, they took it into Chevy and they had it from September twenty fifth to November eleventh, and they started a pack case with Chevy where they investigated it and they said nothing's wrong with it. But right after I got it back, but they got a recall. They issued a recall for over four thousand vehicles for rear wheel lock up.
Speaker 3: For what year.
Speaker 10: From twenty nineteen up?
Speaker 3: Then why don't Okay, so why don't you bring it in for the recall?
Speaker 10: Because they say nothing's wrong with it?
Speaker 3: But what is the recall? In other words, what do they perform? Is there an action that they perform.
Speaker 10: They're saying that something's wrong with the transmission, the transmissions manufactured in these vehicles causing the rear wheels to lock up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what what I'm saying is when somebody comes in with a recall, what do they do with a vehicle that meets the recall?
Speaker 2: What do they do.
Speaker 10: Running the VN make sure that the vehicle is actually on the recall this and then they've serviced the vehicle that.
Speaker 3: Did they do that with yours? Did they do that with yours?
Speaker 10: I'm unsure what they did. All they said was okay, hold.
Speaker 3: On a second, hold on a sec Jeffick. Jeffick is an expert in transmissions and stuff, and Jeff Fick kimmera transmission. I'm going to ask him a few questions. Jeff, I'm not sure if you know about this, but the twenty twenty one Chevy Equinox he was driving after he bought it, it only has fifty seven miles a hundred or so, and the rear end just locked up. Scared the hell out of him. Now, what he said was he was able to reset it by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. Is that right, Tim, Yes, sir. And then he took it to a dealer who could find nothing wrong with it, So he took it back and it happened again. Now, Tim, in total, how many times has it happened?
Speaker 10: It's locked up ten good times, but two times it could have been fatal.
Speaker 3: And each time you had to reset it by disconnecting the battery cable.
Speaker 10: I've only had to reset it twice, so other times if I just sit and wait, it'll eventually unlock itself.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the else sort. I know, Tim, Can you be driving literally down the highway of fifty or sixty and it locks up?
Speaker 10: That's what happened September twenty third.
Speaker 3: That could kill you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's two eighteen wheelers behind me, trust me.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jeff, have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 8: I have not. I'm actually punching it in right now. So if anybody else has complained about it.
Speaker 3: But he said there's a recall, He says, there's a recall? Is it only on the equinox? The recall? Tim? What's the recall on?
Speaker 9: He?
Speaker 3: Hey, hold on? You found it? Hold on, deputy deputy found Deputy d What did you find? He?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 13: According to Car and Driver, which is the side I'm looking at now, The recall effects twenty twenty through twenty twenty two, Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Sierra Yukon and Escalade. Our callers car is not on that list. However, the recall is for exactly this thing. There's a transmission valve that caused the rear wheels to lock up?
Speaker 3: Really, and what do they do about it? Well, they're going to fix it.
Speaker 13: But is it a valve kind of it's called it's some kind of valve in the transmission Jeff. But but but Chevy equinox is not part of this recall.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it seem likely Jeff, that it's that or not?
Speaker 8: Does it sound like? Yeah, I mean that's pretty much the same platforms.
Speaker 3: Yeah? How much would that cost to fix? Jeff? Approximately?
Speaker 8: I'm not familiar with it, so I would have to do more investigation into what to know.
Speaker 3: No, I mean aval like if you just had to do a valve in a transmission, I don't know. Maybe that's asked.
Speaker 8: If you were changing out a valve body and a tech them, you're probably is it roughly around nineteen hundred?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: By the way, this recall fix is a software update.
Speaker 3: It's a software update, that's all it is.
Speaker 13: That's what they're doing. Four hundred and sixty one thousand vehicles.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Which, which if he brought a car in like that, could you do a software update on it? Or do you not do that there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we do software updates. We can take a look and see if we have access to it.
Speaker 3: You know, Tim, that might be something to try first. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 10: Well, right, definitely, But here's and now I'm.
Speaker 3: Serious about that. I mean, we don't want to kiss you off on this. But the sad truth is I don't think Echo Park selling it to you has an obligation at this point. I mean, yeah, a moral obligation maybe to say, Man, you know, we didn't know about this blah blah blah, but you bought it as is. And Tim, I want you to first start maybe Jeff, you can even call him, give him a then number, and maybe he can run it and just see if he can get a software update for you. That might be all. Are you kidding me? Dmitri? That's all that That's all the recall does is upgrade the software.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what it says in about half a million.
Speaker 3: You know what it sounds like software to meet Jeff? If all if he does, if it resets itself, do you know what I'm saying? Or if he disconnects the battery, doesn't that sound like he's rebooting it?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, it's pretty much clearing out codes at that point.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm thinking. Listen here here is uh, we can.
Speaker 8: Get into it and look for that. Let's just see what has that.
Speaker 3: Tim. I would suggest before it because really, before you do anything else, at least you'll have ammunition. I mean, but I think you might be able to get it fixed without a be hassle. Let me give you let me thanks for calling man hold on though, I'm gonna give you a Transmissions Denver dot com. It's it's kimmer K I M M E r K transmission three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. Three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. Let us know how it goes. Tim, seriously, let him just run it by see if they can check it out. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three A three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino. Here, here's a text, Tom. I think Doc has a point. More and more people are dropping four letter words f bombs people you don't even expect. It's been a common thing. Hmmm. When do you think the country will ever ease up on the air, like with the FCC, Because if you think of about how the country has changed, there's stuff on TV now would never be allowed, right anyway? Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five All right, back to the phones. Oh, we have empty lines for the first time today, so you can get right through. So now I can talk about things that are truly on my mind. One of them the drones. I don't mean to harp on this, but there's got to be a reason there has been nothing done. There's got to be and I think the president is keeping us in the dark or whoever. Why would they allow these drones this big to hover over cities in airspace? Do you know, by the way people say it's not controlled airspace? It actually is okay, No, no, yeah, there's ye space without calling controls if you have, there's certain VFR corridors they're called, and places you can fly without necessarily being in constant contact or on radar or all of that. But you certainly have to have an identification. This is what puzzles me. Everything in the air is required to have a beacon on board that transmits your location. I'm not talking about a transponder. It goes far beyond that. It came into effect in twenty twenty and it was the ADSB mandate that every plane must broadcast its n number and its position that goes along with the altitude, the lat long exactly where you are, and it was required you transmit. It wasn't required that you receive that information. But when you transmit it, government can pick it up. That's all they care about. As I said before, flight aware picks it up. And flight aware is the best. I mean, I love flight aware flight aware dot com. And you can track any plane with any end number anywhere, and in fact there are places this is what I do. When there was an accident or something, you can track that plane. They won't take it down. And then not only track it. But then when you see where it is, you go to this ATC website. I don't know if it's a government website, but it's an ATC. The I have a bookmarked where you not only now can track the airplane, but you can track everyone he's talked to along the way, and you can download the radio transmission. I once put together a video of the track of an airplane that flew out of Centennial. It was a serious aircraft. Veterinarian was driving it, was flying it, and he crashed down south. And I put together that along with the ATC communications with the tower, because I wanted to see, you know, what it all looked and heard like when you put it all together, so you can put together the complete story. You can hear people. I mean they don't, they don't censor that. You can hear radio communications right up to the last second.
Speaker 11: Hey Tom, And in this case, yeah, Because what you're saying, even like if you get a gift as a toy, even these small drones, is every single drone that you buy have to have that.
Speaker 3: Nothing has to have it. No drones have to have it. That's the point I'm making. Every single aircraft does with an n number. Every single registered aircraft in the United States has to have an ADS beacon. That's the point I'm making. What's the difference between all of those helicopters flying around in that airspace and light aircraft and drones flying around in the same airspace? What's the difference? Why do not why do they get away with not identifying themselves whatsoever? And then what about the skill level? Why is it that anyone can buy it on Amazon and fly it anywhere? It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life. I'm all for freedom and all of that, but this is dangerous. And again I've said this and I'll say it again. Terrorists, they gotta be thinking, we don't have to We don't have to hijack aircraft anymore, We don't have to do anything. We just buy a drone. Well, we'll buy one on Amazon, equip it with explosives or seir and gas or some other thing, and guess what. The Air Force won't do anything.
Speaker 26: The Army with one power stations for a while too. That the good way.
Speaker 3: I No one won't do anything. No one will you anything?
Speaker 13: What Tom I do have a theory why they're not doing anything about these These are US government drones and what actually theory, what I think they're doing is they're looking for you'll see they're flying a grid search pattern. They're looking for radioactive material. They have reason to believe, in my in my in my view is that somebody has smuggled something that will make that will become a dirty bomb, and they're looking for radioactive material. They're following up on some kind of intelligence. So these drones belong to one or more of the eighteen US intelligence services, and they're not exactly sharing that information with the rest of us.
Speaker 3: You truly truly believe it.
Speaker 13: Yes, they're looking for radioactive material and they have what is it?
Speaker 3: What I don't get it? What do you mean radioactive material?
Speaker 13: Like that's what dirty bombs are made with.
Speaker 3: So you think they have some kind of special cameras and stuff.
Speaker 13: They have some kind of sensors that will deter that will be kept radioactive signatures.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you had to make a theory, I'll take theories. What are your theories? People give me some theories, my morons, give me some theories. I'd like to know. Seriously, now, this I'm not kidding around. I am concerned. Now, I have some selfish concern. I fly around in that airspace. That's where I live. Chopper will tell you that's where we fly right all the time now. But even light aircraft, and I should say it's not even limited to helicopters in light aircraft. If you think about air airliners, they come in and out of that lower tier of airspace all the time. When they transition to and from airports. They have a certain that the airspace gets lower and lower and lower, the controlled airspace. This is absolutely unacceptable, and we're not being told, and they're just What I don't understand is the Air Forces, oh yeah, we're concerned. The FAA says, oh yeah, we're concerned, the fbis, oh yeah, we're everybody's concerned.
Speaker 25: How do you think the public will react THO it's like, hey, yeah, we're putting drones out there because we think somebody is building a dirty bomb.
Speaker 26: Do you think everybody's gonna be a well, okay, let them do their job.
Speaker 3: But what they could do, what they could do seriously is at least say, guess what we are. It's they are. They belong to this agency or that agency. What's wrong with that? I mean, you know, just admit their government, because otherwise we think it's foolhardy and stupid. I'm Tom Martinez. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, No obligation can be Parrison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three O three seven bog three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, here's what I think. I think we have a situation with these uh used cars where there's a recurring theme, and that is, I bought a used car as is or with a warranty whatever, but the warranty expires or whatever, and there's a defect. Remember this, In order for that defect to matter, you have to show not only that the dealer knew about it. They can know about it. They can know about it and not tell you. What they can't do is lie to you or cover it up or deceive you. Okay, So that's really what is the problem, and so many people want to make a case for fraud all the time. Now I get the feeling. You buy it and all of a sudden it goes to crap.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: You're thinking, come on, man, I just bought this damn thing, and I get it. I would be so pissed off. I would, I really really would. But it doesn't matter how pissed off you get. I'm Tom Martino. Guess what we're out of time. Three oh three seven one three, No excuse me, three oh three Martino. Call twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six and we will help you. Leave a number and we'll get back to you. And remember, referral this dot com and save all your problems for me.