Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. It is eight thirty four and we have a Ria Gus, we have Christina Bishop and some guy who walked in here. How are we doing great? I'm doing okay. I'm all about Eldercare. Is the good, the bad, and the barbecue. But I don't know about this guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He just picked him off the street.
Speaker 1: He said he was a barbecue expert.
Speaker 4: I'm big, bad billy. Oh sometimes it's sweet, William. It depends on whether we get that saddle on the horse just right.
Speaker 2: I understand, I understand. Now, Christina, we've got a big event.
Speaker 3: We have a huge event.
Speaker 5: Tell us about it, the good, the bad, and the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, it is.
Speaker 5: Our annual fundraiser and it helps us provide services all year long.
Speaker 1: And Eldercare deserves it. My got you whatt forty one years now close to it. It's just going on. And the barbecue is a little bit younger.
Speaker 3: A little bit seven years worth.
Speaker 5: The huge ranch, the beautiful historic hues ranch.
Speaker 2: Now this I got to tell you. The setting is awesome. First of all, you you come in off the highway and you say, well, where's the ranch because you got to drive a little bit now, very pretty little road, very scenic, and then all of a sudden it's like, yeah, there it is.
Speaker 5: It is just fabulous and we are so grateful to be there.
Speaker 2: And now, Maria, this is one of the things that is a real kind of a boost here to us as a town because we have people coming in from all over there about Elert.
Speaker 3: I mean absolutely.
Speaker 6: One of the things that I like to say about Bartlesville is that if you can't find something to do, then you're not looking hard enough. And a lot of times our events are those things that sort of supplement all the great restaurants and retail outlets and uh, you know, tourism activities that we have. Is these really great fundraisers and even though it's a fundraiser for elder care, it's still sort of.
Speaker 3: A getaway, right.
Speaker 6: It's community, but not everybody gets to see the Hughes Ranch, you know, that's not something that you can just go hang out anytime. So it's really fantastic of the Hughes family, especially Robert and all of his crew and everything that they do to make sure that we can get there and enjoy that beautiful setting.
Speaker 3: It's special. Whether you're from Bartlesville or not, you should come check it out.
Speaker 1: You know something, Christina.
Speaker 2: It's like fifteen minutes from anybody's door, but it could be a million miles away just because of how nicely and gently secluded it is.
Speaker 5: You just feel like you're someplace really really special. You're far away, and it is gorgeous. The home is amazing. The artwork, the artwork is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, if you have a little set up, like a special ticket, you.
Speaker 3: Can do Can we have a VIP ticket?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: And I think this is really great if you're a couple, and maybe you don't need a whole table, but you want that VIP experience.
Speaker 3: You want to go to the patron party.
Speaker 5: You want to go see that historic home, the artwork, the furniture, oh my goodness, and maybe even get to talk to Robert.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you can do that too.
Speaker 3: Robert will talk to anybody.
Speaker 1: Now, Billy, you've been out to the risk, Oh.
Speaker 7: I've been out to the range a few times. Rustle up a couple of good times.
Speaker 4: I may be big and I may be bad, but I'm not bad about throwing a good party.
Speaker 1: This is a great party.
Speaker 4: It's a great party, and it's going to be wilder than a kylete on a hot skillet? Tom, have you ever seen a chileote on a hot skillet? I don't recommend it. Let me tell you that's a good time. We're going to have barbecue from Dinks.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good best.
Speaker 4: I'm always better at the bar as the official unofficial Sheriff of the barbecue event, officially the unofficial Sheriff. Dnk's Pitt Barbecue has always catered this event, and you will never have barbecue this good again in your life.
Speaker 7: It's the best barbecue this side of the Pecos River.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, I'm not kidding because many years ago I used to work with Christina at Eldercare.
Speaker 3: I love Eldercare. My grandmother was a client there.
Speaker 6: But I will tell you, and I told Jim this years ago, the barbecue just tastes better at the good, the bad, and the barbecue.
Speaker 7: It does it just does.
Speaker 3: They do something special to it.
Speaker 6: A little big bad billy magic William.
Speaker 1: To the barbecue exactly. Now, how do we get our tickets. Where do we go? Can we get them at the gate?
Speaker 3: I don't well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The sheriff's deputies mind be out there trying to keep that from happening. You can get those tickets online at www.
Speaker 7: Dot About, Eldercare dot org.
Speaker 4: Forward slash BBQ and that stands for barbecue, not big by Quinton.
Speaker 7: That's my cousin. He's down a Pushmataha County. Socha.
Speaker 4: Forward slash BBQ tickets are one hundred dollars a person.
Speaker 1: And what do we get? Do we get that VIP? Can we get it?
Speaker 4: Well, you can get the VIP ticket there as well, and that's five hundred dollars a person, which is going to give you that patron party, which is catered by the eatery Salman the eatery, there's gonna be a signature cocktail, there's wine, there's beer for those who are participating in that, and then all the food is delicious.
Speaker 7: Plus you get, as they said, you tour the Hughes.
Speaker 4: Ranch House and you can sit there and shoot the bulls Robert all night.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I want to say too.
Speaker 6: You know, Hughes Ranch has been a location in the last couple of years, not only for a film but also for a television show. So if you want to see where these shows are, you know, Sarah's Oil is the film that's coming out that was filmed last year. Zachary Leviy's in it. It's about a young woman that made her fortune here in Oklahoma, a young black woman. And then also Sterlin Harjo's new TV show, The Sensitive Kind. So if you want to see the backstage, you know, the Oklahoma back lot, come on out to the barbecue. It's gonna be really cool to see that. Yeah, so great, so fun. I've gotten to hang out with Robert a lot the last few months. And because that TV show is producing and it is Oklahoma, there's no setting like Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: There's no setting like the US ranch. So you really should come check it out.
Speaker 7: Hey, we also have some good music. And you know that old boy from Pahusky, that's right, that's right, Louke Christiansen County.
Speaker 4: Fine, he is Osage County. Fine, he's gonna be out there playing some music. You'll be two stepping faster than a jack rabbit in July. That's just going to be fantastic.
Speaker 6: And then auction, Oh my gosh, so there's a silent auction that has some incredible items that you will not want to miss. But the live auction is going to be fantastic.
Speaker 3: There is can I talk about some of the stuff.
Speaker 6: There is this fantastic turquoise and silver necklace.
Speaker 3: It is gorgeous. I got to wear it for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: It's heavy, it's spectech, it is so spectacular. It is not something you want to miss. I mean if even if you don't want to buy it, you're gonna want.
Speaker 1: To see it.
Speaker 7: You want to see it.
Speaker 6: There's some special dining events that you can try to purchase at the live auction. You know, going to see some really cool games. I don't want to give out all the secrets, Big Bad Billy, what's your favorite live auction item?
Speaker 4: My favorite live auction is probably it's going to be a dinner for eight steak, dinner for eight with bourbon, and that's been donated by Das Design Works and I've.
Speaker 3: Had his steak. That's some good steak. I'm telling you you don't want to miss that.
Speaker 6: Darcy and Aaron Ford own that Das Design Works and they are going.
Speaker 3: To offer that at their home. They've got an outside grill. It's going yeah, so so.
Speaker 4: Cool so and our turquoise we would be remiss if we did not tell you. Yeah, the turquoise necklace and they've they've paired that with some ear rings is from the Buck and Flamingo over in Pahscar That's right.
Speaker 6: So I mean really Eldercare covers not just Washington County and Bartlesville, but we have all kinds of people that come from Osage County, no Wanna County to Eldercare. So it's so great that we've seen this community support for this amazing organization.
Speaker 1: Christina. A lot of people get computing not a.
Speaker 2: Love you new covers to downtimes because they said, well where do the people stay.
Speaker 5: And no one lives at our facility. We are here to help you live happy, healthy, independent lives. We want everyone to live well and right.
Speaker 2: There, aging place, right there at home as long as you possibly can. Absolutely, but you've got some great, little kind of cool things going on.
Speaker 5: Theres great that the cool kids have adult day Health and Activity Center. We have support groups, respite care, case management, in home services. We had we partner with HC so we have a full clinic in the center.
Speaker 3: Of our building.
Speaker 5: We have the best physical therapy department anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see, folks, Now you got to really get your ticket because this is what keeps elder Care going.
Speaker 1: So you got to get the ticket to the big bed.
Speaker 4: Just like a horse needs a good saddle, we need some good community partners.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Come along, buy some tickets. You know what.
Speaker 4: There is no better way to support your friends in your community than buy a table and invite all your friends out there. Don't make big, big, big bad billy mad, get.
Speaker 7: Out there your friends. William angry, no, no.
Speaker 6: One when he's But this is helping people in our community. You know, I love Eldercare because of what it did for my family over twenty years ago. And so it's just a privilege to continue to help this organization and and see how much good it can do. Keeping people in their home as long as possible, helps them have a fantastic quality of life.
Speaker 3: It's such a worthy And then you get to go have.
Speaker 5: Fun, you know, dance and eat, eat all the have a auctions.
Speaker 6: Adult beverage are for if you want. Nobody's judging. Yeah, yeah, judgment, that's right, exactly.
Speaker 1: Very good. I'm going I got it. This is going to be all right.
Speaker 2: Every time I've gone there, it has always been something spectacular. It's always been something a little different too, because there's always just something that makes each in every one of these unique.
Speaker 1: And that's what I love about it.
Speaker 2: But the thing that I really like the most is that we're taking care of something that needs to be taken care of, and that's Eldercare.
Speaker 7: That is right, that is our community.
Speaker 5: We want people to come here, live here, stay here, and that means we've got to take care of people and together we can.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a great time to do it. Mister Billy, what's the website?
Speaker 4: The website is www dot about Eldercare dot org, forward slash dq.
Speaker 1: You know, he knows an awful lot about this, he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of unusual.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm really upset that our director of development at Eldercare, Michael Cohlaugh, couldn't show up.
Speaker 3: Michael Cohla sounds made up, yes, right, So.
Speaker 5: Billy, could you say thank you to our sponsors?
Speaker 7: Oh? I could not thank them enough.
Speaker 4: We have amazing sponsors for the barbecue event. We've got our presenting, we've got premium we've got prime and we've got choice sponsors. We could not do this event without all of our sponsors. Too many to list right here off the top of Old Billy's noggin here, yes, but if you do go to our website you can see who all of our sponsors are for the barbecue. They're on posters that are around town and we will give them all a shout out next time we're on the radio in a couple of weeks. And our sponsors are the reason that we are able to put this event on and then Eldercare can provide these amazing life changing services.
Speaker 1: And the best way you can say thanks to the sponsors is to get your ticket today.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yes, I want to thank you all for coming in here today, and you college, you know this is where friends hang out.
Speaker 3: Right here, Absolutely.
Speaker 7: All right, Gid, what.
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna find Michael and see what his thought was for today.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell.
Speaker 7: Me, so you know again it sounds made up.
Speaker 2: Folks, you've been watching it, listening to our community connection right here
Speaker 1: On K one, the one you trust