Speaker 1: Box Station Lynch and Talk Good Morning. Thursdays, we dedicatea portion of the show to the technology world, bring you to some of the latest tech news and innovations and tech it out. Brought to you by are Pick your Ticket Thursday, happening at one oh one one wjrr's Instagram.
Speaker 2: Multiple JARR shows to choose from, like the Deftones with Sugar Poppy Kim Dracula Again if you're not following us on Instagram at one oh one one w JARR.
Speaker 1: Hasbro has announced a new version of Monopoly called Monopoly App Banking, which makes the game a little more digital in nature. The board game elements are mostly the same, they've made a few well kid friendly updates. Park Place and Boardwalk have been switched to a rocket launch pad and the Moon. Other new properties include a chocolate factory, a VR roller coaster, and a dinosaur park. The main difference, however, is that they're there's no banker and no physical money. Instead, there's a mobile app that processes all the transactions.
Speaker 2: This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Hasbro says the app is great for speeding up the game, making it more accessible to younger players and making it harder to cheat. Obviously, Folks like Taco don't agree. No, because you Monopoly is old school. You keep it old school.
Speaker 2: You don't need to freshen it up with all that crap because kids aren't gonna play it anyway. They're gonna play the cop killer games or whatever. All these games are the Blitzay's Car, Thief, GTA Grand Theft. Yeah, they're gonna do ms discussed stuff like that.
Speaker 1: The most common complaint is the new version can't be used to teach kids about math and how to handle money. And some parents are pretending like their kids don't have access to a device with apps.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they don't have jail because all the kids are whims.
Speaker 1: No, go to jail, good directly to jail. I don't think this will become becoming to you as a huge bit of news, but Microsoft is finally shutting down Skype. Skype will no longer be around as of May. The writing had been on the wall for a while. Every time you think though the Skype is going away, Microsoft would launched some big update. However, this time that's not happening. They will retire the video app in May. The solution, of course, is just use Microsoft Teams instead if you're still holding on to Skype teams. Is pretty easy to navigate. It's humorous at times, but pretty easy to actually work it.
Speaker 2: Oh we got we have a team's thing today, don't we?
Speaker 1: Oh we do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody said, totally agree with you. Bob Bam Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Bam Margera has reportedly been removed from Tony Hawk's pro Skater remaster. The remaster version of pro Skate three and four coming out this summer. There appears to be a one notable emission troubled Jackass Star and Skater Bam Margera. The reboot will have boosted graphics, multiplayer capabilities, new and classic skaters, and new parks. However, Bam not part of this.
Speaker 2: That's sad.
Speaker 1: Not quite sure why that might be.
Speaker 2: It's just such a he's disgraced himself. That sucks.
Speaker 1: As social media has grown throughout the year, so have the concerns about becoming literally addicted to this. We know this is a thing, it's a problem. With that in mind, there's a new app that's arrived to help combat the problems that come with too much screen time. It's called touch Grass. So you're gonna have to go on an app to get off apps. It's called touch Grass. This hits the Apple Store in March fourteenth. It's coming to Android stores in a later version. The concept is pretty simple. Once a user social user social media is blocked by the app until they physically go outside and take a photograph of themselves touching grass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're doing more screen time. It's I'm not trying to poop all this new technology. Seriously, we already have stuff like that. It's called touch ass On goat on OnlyFans.
Speaker 1: You're just encouraging people to go outside a little talksho.
Speaker 2: It be great, but you're encouraging them to hit the app, which is screen time, go outside, take a picture which is screen time, and then submit.
Speaker 1: It that Hey, I touched grass. How about smoke grass. Artificial intelligence is coming to the world's largest call center, Teleperformance, which is based in India. And I guarantee every single one of us has had an interaction or two with his Teleperformance call center. They've just invested thirteen million dollars to add send us AI to their service. With that technology, the agent's Indian accents can be modified in real time, may them easier to understand for US, not Indians. That's a good technology.
Speaker 2: Second, John Board, they I talk out no because it evolves telemarketers.
Speaker 1: Scientists are trying to bring back mammoths. They have created the wooly mouse. Scientific push to bring wooly mammoths back from extinction has resulted in a really hairy mouse thanks to the Colossal Biosciences, who have genetically engineered mice to exhibit traits reminiscent of the extinct wooly mammoth. They've been editing seven jenes and mouse embryos. They produced mice with long, thick wooly hair.
Speaker 2: Do they have little tusks? I have to get back to you on that. Do we need wooly mammoths to come back? I didn't know there was, Yes, super Rats, somebodice in Taco quote unquote, get off my lawn, Bob.
Speaker 1: Well, you want to sit.
Speaker 2: Down and play that digital Monopoly game, then call me that until then.
Speaker 1: There is a company in the UK called Power Role. They've been around since twenty twelve. They have been working on perfecting solar film that can generate electricity rather than having to go with these big panels and stuff mounted on roofs and think window tint. That's the best way. They've made a breakthrough in this that is significantly going to cut costs in this emerging technology. Keep an eye on this. Can you imagine you're getting a new home built and rather than dumping all the money into having solar panels affixed to the roof, maybe you could just have this as your window treatment to generate some of your electricity. It could happen sooner than you might think. That's awesome. And finally, the south By Southwest Conference kicks off Friday in Austin, which originally started as kind of a music industry thing but has celebrated much more as this thing has gone on for years, including tech, film and television. So there you go. That's some of your check it out items for this week. Is there anything else you would like to crap all over? Taco?
Speaker 2: I only did two of the stories, thank you. Okay, well it was a telemarketers one too with Benny.
Speaker 1: They're at call center. They're not telemarketing, they're there if you need customer service, Taco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's going to be at the telemarketers center.
Speaker 1: Lynchit Taco's commercial free work Day, Rock block coming up at eight
Speaker 2: Lynchen Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app