Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Happy Friday, May thirtieth. This is Game Spot After Dark, episode two hundred and sixty seven. I am your host, John Luke Sipeke. Join. Next to me is one Jacob.
Speaker 2: Decker the Podfather. I'm gonna I'm gonna bring that name back for today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know about that name, the pod Father? I don't know about anything.
Speaker 2: Who said that? But someone said that this is Lucy. I think it was Lucy joint father. That's really good father. After I left and then I came back to do what one hundredth episode or two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were referred to him as the Podfather and I should you should never They should have never left.
Speaker 3: They should have every episode should have been And I'm sitting here with the pod Father.
Speaker 1: Oh that's on me. I guess for dropping the ball now one, All.
Speaker 2: Right, Jean Luke rolled the Godfather music to play under my right now.
Speaker 1: Just played for like half a second. Too much. Stuff is going to get delicted.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get copyright strikes because we're so good at uh being Italian.
Speaker 1: Someone who knows all about being Italian kind of over there. I am learning, you're learning Italian. One. That's all I got on I could I.
Speaker 3: Think, uh I saw the kurt Okay.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hey everyone, it's weird we're sitting here again after Uh guess when the last time we upluted an episode was? What Jesus how long? Well? I mean we've been through a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we've been going through a roller coaster trying to figure things out to the thumbs a.
Speaker 1: Bit April exact dates, Yeah, eighteenth yep, wow?
Speaker 2: What because that was because I remember someone had said happy birthday to me and I was like, oh, thank you. I'm surprised anyone knew that. But also it was two days after my birthday. That's I remember, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Podfay Man, What a different world it was.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: You, your Marlon Brando. You just you're always like do your impressions come on doing an impression. That's just trying to trick people.
Speaker 3: That's not tricking, that's trying to see what talents you have hidden.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 4: You come you come to me this episode of I Can't do it.
Speaker 1: You come to me on this episode.
Speaker 4: That's much better.
Speaker 3: You kind of you know, you kind of sound like someone on a donkey should be in the desert.
Speaker 2: I do or Jean Luke doesert we both do you do the Podfather does on a donkey or a camel.
Speaker 1: Close your eyes and dream of a place and see what I'm just gonna do that.
Speaker 4: I feel like we have important things to talk about.
Speaker 1: We do. So can we start from the top of the whole thing? Yeah, just go ahead and introduced again. Hey, everybody, welcome the game Spot after Dark, Episode two hundred and sixty seven.
Speaker 3: It has been over a month since we've recorded. I bet you I remember the date the last day that we love it. We would it be Kurt April eighth, Kurt, you get a gold star two days sorry Caper of Jake Decker, the Podfather, I remember his birthday. If we start on that, JD this one letter above, So we're just going to keep it grew up in Jake so he doesn't get to say what he wants. Okay, Okay, all right, we've been gone for a month, over a month, so Tim really seriously, yes.
Speaker 1: Uh, it has been it has been a minute. I am sure most of you listening are probably aware of the news and the goings on that have happened since we have last been on. For those of you who do not know, uh, fandom sold Giant Bomb to one Jeff Backlar and Jeff Grubb, and they now co own it with Janet Choa, Dan Reikert, Mike Manatti, and they are now independent. They are now separate from Game Spot. And the reason I bring this up is because one, we have been sister sits with Giant BM for Prettysion the entire time I've been at game Spot, you know, nine years longer than that. I think they joined like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, thirteen. So yeah, I mean it's it's it's surreal no longer being like coworkers with them and uh working with them, and so I don't know, like personally, I definitely like feel a sadness to that, especially because over the last few months we were working much more closely in tandem on like content and you know, like we're pairing on their stuff and their parent on our stuff. So it's just it's just kind of a bittersweet feeling. But it's it's, uh, we're gonna miss them, but also we wish them the best, uh and uh excited to see what kind of stuff they continue to cook up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were always a it was a during when I first came here. They were always kind of a a spirit that exists often their corner from the corner.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 3: And obviously I knew them as people personas and the characters they they represented on Giant Bomb, but it was during definitely during these uh the last few months, and I was like, I don't know, we were arm in arm. Yeah, you know, basically for a while, so like Jeff Grubb, Damn Record, Jan and Crewe to Backler of course, yeah, uh, we were interlocked in many ways.
Speaker 1: Jam was in the back often helping out with the podcast. Yeah, I mean, but I was.
Speaker 2: Just gonna say just to you know, take it way back. I was very intimidated. I don't really I've never really followed Giant Bomb stuff until I started working at a game spot. But I was very intimidated when I first met them in twenty fifteen as an intern, because I like didn't really know them. But Mary God bless Her was like, you got to meet the Giant Bomb folks, and I was like, okay, yeah, So like was this was still the third floor at the CBS building and they were like chucked into this musty corner there. Yeah, and we walk up and it's dead silence, and Mary's like, this is Jake, He's our intern, and like the whole room stops typing and they look at me and they're like, hey, what's up and then go back to type. And I was like, okay, uh, they're very separate from us. But it was cool over the years seeing Giant Bomb GameSpot collaborate more and especially like coming to that point. It was always funny outside coming in because I would I had a similar experience for like, oh hi, and they're just like and like to be fairy. It's like, well, yeah, they're they're working, but like them in the office environment were actually like very quiet, very focused game Spot. But I started the Oxus, we were the obnoxious, rowdy like frat house, like just like yelling and like screaming.
Speaker 1: And playing Rocket. I started here, which.
Speaker 3: Is like the whole or opposite perspective, I would say, from the outside, yeah, probably, you know, it was very funny. I started in twenty nineteen, and again I remember walking through the Giant Bomb section and it was always dead silent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, always dead silent.
Speaker 3: And then it would come over to the game Spot side three pm.
Speaker 1: Beers Peter Brown's getting the beers.
Speaker 3: Pier may have been cracked over at one point, and then Rocky League would start and then all of a sudden, it was so obnoxious, and you had Persia in the corner playing Apex Legends, screaming oh yeah, so yeah, yeah, but you know, I guess that's where their energies were reserved for being on camera. It makes sense talking constantly, and for us it was we were so much more information driven and so much more yeah, so our personalities were not.
Speaker 1: We didn't have the same outlet on camera, so we had to get it out like in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which seems a pretty natural segue to yeah, this to the future of what this podcast is and.
Speaker 1: And Game Spot Video as a whole. Yeah. So, I mean obviously, like we've been very closely collaborating with Giant Bomb and now that they are independent, So what does that mean for what we're doing on our end? So, if you've been paying attention to the YouTube channel, we have gone back to traditional scripted veoed video reviews, gone back to previews. We're kind of we keep calling it going back to basics here. I'm for whatever reason, I don't love that term, but I guess I guess that's what it is, but we're trying to kind of look back at what we've done in the past, what works, what our audience wants, while also I think learning certain lessons from what we've been doing in the past. So like one of the things that we're going to continue to do. What I like doing is these more off the cuff two camera stuff where we've been like having somebody sit down in the studio and kind of give their impressions on it. I reminisced about the Witcher last week exactly, Kurt. You did one on Doom about the Power Fantasy, did one on Expedition, and then we have like the person on behind the camera kind of bantering back and forth with them a little bit. Our audience seems to like that, and I like doing those, so I think we should keep I like doing them.
Speaker 3: I feel if it's in a post COVID world where we're actually back in the office and actually trying to do things. This was something that we tried doing at least I was a part of right at the tail end before COVID happened, where we were experimenting with the idea of having people who did editorial the editorial team actually get in front of a camera and try and do their preview there what would be their traditional preview review, but do it in front of a camera, and we would have people behind the camera kind of directing them and having it be more conversational. So it came off as natural as human as possible.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And we have not been able to do that until recently. So it's like, yes, let's get back in the studio, let's use multi caams, let's include the people who are behind the cameras and actually talking, like push that conversation and be more natural about it.
Speaker 1: So agreed. I feel way better about that too.
Speaker 2: And I also like, I think in the ten years I've been at game Spot, now this is the most focused I think our YouTube strategy plan has been because I don't know how long some people have been following game Spot, but I'm sure they know for a very long time, we post so much stuff all the time.
Speaker 4: It was overwhelming. It was trailers, but we.
Speaker 2: Are focused on reviews, previews and those sort of op ed videos, as well as some other stuff here and there, Like I'm sure Max is going to have something to say about Zelda, and like we might do some interest analysis switch to analysis analysis.
Speaker 1: We have room for us to I mean, I don't think we're ever gonna shoot down if someone has like a weird idea they want to try. I think we should always be, you know, encouraging newest stuff. But you're right, very focus, which I think is I think it is good for us. I think it's better for the audience. So I'm I'm excited about all that we got to focus this podcast one of the most unfocused, one of the most unfocused. What do you mean we're so consistent. We've never missed a week.
Speaker 3: It's like since April eighteenth, we've just been showing up week after week.
Speaker 1: Oh we forgot to record those past six episodes. Oh you know, I just I just didn't get uploaded. Shut So I think, uh it, it probably would not be a surprise to the audience to hear that. I think we have struggled with the focus of this this podcast for a little while, because I mean to be honest, like Jake, we were talking about it, like when the podcast started, this was like god one was it was like twenty eight it was. It was because like we just didn't have like this was talking we didn't have it. We didn't have an outlet for us to talk about stuff outside of of at each other in Rocky League exactly.
Speaker 3: This is what was for too earlier where this segue was like Giant Bomb has this has always been their their mo to be for fa saying have their personality speak for I mean the Giant Bomb was always personality first, and the games and the things they covered the by product of the people they were, which is probably why they were so silent in the office vers us who did not have outlet.
Speaker 2: And it sounds like that was the idea, Like it was that we're playing all these games in order to support editorial to create video painter views, but we all had ideas and opinions and thoughts on things. And I remember one of the earlier episodes we did on Death Stranding, and I remember that being very interesting because that game was very divisive, and we had our review that got a nine out of ten that.
Speaker 4: County did, and then we had people in the obvious who really didn't like it.
Speaker 2: And I remember like this podcast coming into fruition and thinking like finally, like we have so many different opinions to share on Death Stranding, and we have the outlook to do it because before, like, yeah, you might hear like rumblings about like what other people think, or you might see someone post on Twitter, but there had never been at least since I was at GameSpot. I know they had done podcasts in the past, but there had never been like a consistent weekly way for folks to share their opinions. Yeah, exactly. So that's kind of how this podcast started.
Speaker 3: After dark, which it was from whatever remember happened after work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because it was a thing where it was like, well, podcasts don't really get a lot of views, and we have Giant Bomb and they like have some of the biggest podcasts gaming podcasts in the world. So it kind of felt like it was like what's the word like by by the Bootstraps, No, like, you know, come on the ground was like kee.
Speaker 1: Snapping, Bob give it. You know. It felt like it felt like.
Speaker 2: Something we wanted to do because we thought it was fun, rather than something that was told no one was like, hey, you need a podcast. It was like yes, myself and Lucy because Lucy played a huge role.
Speaker 4: Early on, we were like.
Speaker 2: We wanted outlet's do this and you know, yeah, yeah. Two hundred and sixty seven episodes two.
Speaker 1: Hundred and sixty seven episodes. But I think as the years have gone by, the and and that that original purpose kind of sort of I guess ceased to exist or or got muddied to some degree where well, the landscape has changed for us exactly, so our team has become smaller by proxy of the of how this industry has been rolling out, and COVID changed a lot of it.
Speaker 2: COVID changed a lot of the idea was we'd be in the office after work hanging out talking about video games, and then Covid was like, Okay, we have to keep it going. And it was me scheduling guests all during COVID to kind of like get different perspectives in a way that was fun, but like you're saying, it kind of felt like, you know, we didn't really know. It was kind of all over the place.
Speaker 1: All over the place. I think it's been all over the place. It's had a bit of an identity crisis, and we've we've had a lot of conversations over the like a year plus of like what do we want the podcast to be, how do we want to structure it, and this and that, And I think recently we've seen we feel like this is a good opera tunity to make a clean break. All that is to say is we are going to be sun setting game Spot after Dark in its current traditional form, because we're going to be taking the game Spot Show, which we were experimenting with over the past few months on video, and we're going to be turning that into a new premiere podcast for game Spot hosted by one kurr in Divina. I don't know who's terrible. You are all going to regret that.
Speaker 4: I already regret it.
Speaker 1: You keep saying that to me because I'm the one who keeps giving you permission to do stuff and interstitials. I don't regret any of those, Kurt, what if you made it in your sticials? What was what I said to you? I think this said. I was like, you have no idea what you just started?
Speaker 3: And I said, yes, I do, Like, you don't know what you just started? Why do you think that was a mistake? And that's how Game of our Lives began, and that's how these breaking news segments began and all these things that we were doing in the power block.
Speaker 1: Yes, in between things, I was like, you do not know you just started? So I just want to say, like I the fact though I've never gotten like as many comments about anything I've made at Game Spot that I have about Games of Our Lives, and it just really, first of all, thank you everyone who has like said that to us, like that, how great it was, Like it's it's it's nice. It's heartwarming, like to be like if a Fiel the lifelong dream of mine. Yeah, this is a true thing.
Speaker 3: Whereas like, as long as I could remember having had a creative thought, I've always said I want to make soap opera like and Max got recognized that Max for his heartrending roles looking at the camera holding a hammer. What I think is the heart and soul of Games of our Lives because Max has been in every single one of them, and then it has needed to say.
Speaker 1: A word, just look over your shoulder with a hammer a very important role.
Speaker 3: Uh So yeah, thank you for everyone, yes in your games, in the Games of our Life.
Speaker 1: So Yes, the Game Spot Show is now going to transition into a podcast hosted by hosted by Kurt We will have I mean, there's things you want to say, but just so people know, this is an after Summer game Fest switch launch. Yes, yes, we are next week, so that will happen in after Summer game Fest, and yes, to go back to after Dark. This will be the final episode of game Spot after Dark in its traditional form. What I mean by that is, don't delete your feed, because we still plan to use after Dark, but in a more experimental, one off way for things like, hey, we brought a developer in and maybe we want to have an extended chat with them, maybe we want to do a spoiler cast, maybe we want to do a deep dive. We want to use this in I guess that more experimental, one off after Dark kind of way. But that means that it will be on a you know when it makes sense, So it's not going to be a regular weekly thing anymore. And if what you are looking for is that, like, hey, I just wanted that like weekly traditional video game podcast where I kind of hear about like you know, like games and potentially news or you know whatever, we end up shaping the Game Spot show to be, that's what that podcast will be. So when that happens, we'll probably I will probably post a short promo for that podcast on this feed, so you will if you listen to this feed exclusively for like information about that stuff. You will know when that podcast airs. Maybe we'll try and promote it on some other means as well. Ideally like to promote it. It'd be nice to promote a thing. You know. We will but well, all of that is is you know, we're coming up with this plan, so I'm not gonna want to get too far. But uh yeah, oh kind a bitter sweet and doing after Dark it feels it feels time, but I don't know. I mean, I took it over after Jake left the first time, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think I'm the best shut up for a podcast, but I had fun trying it. I had fun doing it.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: Thank you keep us something all right?
Speaker 2: All right, I was gonna the worst toast by far was I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: But it's been It's been a lot of fun doing this podcast, not just with YouTube but everyone who's been on it, you know, Lucy Tam alumni like Michael Hyam and you know, like, yeah, it's it's been great.
Speaker 2: Like us some really cool people, like like I was saying during COVID, like I just put out feelers. I was like, hey, who do we want to see on this podcast, and I got so many responses and got so many people on to chat with and made a lot of friends that you know, maybe I would have met in some other way, but like it was, you know, during COVID, it was like, oh wow, I'm expanding my network in the most isolating times ever, you know, which which was cool. But beyond that, like I don't know, it's been might get a little emotional. We'll see.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: I'll say this this podcast got me to be on got me to do podcasts.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I've been very anti I'm not doing a podcast, and now you're hosting one. It was my ultimate get.
Speaker 1: Past.
Speaker 3: I only I only came on this podcast. Well, first off, I never asked to be so well not, I mean, okay, hold on. I was eventually asked to be yes, but it was never like a thing like to be a consistent guest. I was only on it basically when I had something to promote, which I was fine with. It's like, oh, do you the like true fiction is coming out kirking on here or remember when I was coming out?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Or I think I think I don't even know if I was on here, I think I was postcart Locker that I actual finally became a permanent fixture. But I want to say that it has been an honor to be able to be a fixture of this thing and kind of get to grips with you know, I don't know, doing the thing I usually would not traditionally go out my way to do.
Speaker 1: Thanks for letting me be here. Get out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna get on and start the other podcast. All right, So recap.
Speaker 1: We're we're doing a game spot show as a new podcast to look forward to a couple of weeks after summer game fests, after all the madness of that switches die down. We will we'll get to that a little bit after dark. We'll be sunsetting its traditional form. But again, don't get rid of this feed because we are going to be occasionally uploading it for kind of more experimental one off videos. Also, I know I have promised this for a while, but I am going to finally get all of the old episodes that got lost when we had to transition podcast hosts a few years ago up for people to listen to older episodes, because apparently people do that. I've had people message me and be.
Speaker 3: Like I was listening to all the old episodes in order and then they just stopped and I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Why? Why? It was crazy, But like okay, like so I do plan to do that. Apparently we have like a high school graduate intern now, so I'm just gonna make them do it. Yeah, I can't wait. I can't wait for that. I hope what if they listened to this and they're like, I.
Speaker 3: Can't cancel it, cancel I'm done. I got plans for that in turn.
Speaker 2: But I do want to give a big thank you to the audience too. I mean, like, yeah, some people who have like stuck with us for a very long time. I mean people in the game Spot Discord. I feel like that discord was like built basically through the podcast itself yep, and has been kind of inactive. And I think a lot of that is on us because of all the shifting things. But uh yeah, pick shout out to the audience, because obviously, you know, that's what kept this alive for as long as it did. Two hundred and sixty seven episodes just crazy, seriously, uh and and you know, hopefully you know it's still us.
Speaker 1: We're going to be on that that new show. So I think, if are you, I mean, do you want me on there? Or like, uh, well I was gonna use my my puppet. I was not for an audio podcast. Well, you know, we'll have some cameras going, so we will. We will.
Speaker 4: We've got this beautiful set. We got to show it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should probably show it off a little bit. But yeah, we will all appear on we will all be on that thing. So I think if you like us and you like what we bring, you should first one.
Speaker 3: And I even I might even have a co host who's not one of YouTube that's true?
Speaker 1: Should we say that or should well, okay, we can staremburg. It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's not hard to find out based on how many people we have to work here, but there's somebody who's currently employed here. But I'm excited the idea.
Speaker 1: Of having a co host. Yes, me too. I think that'll be a good I think you too, is a dynamic will be good. Yeah, in a puppet, it'll.
Speaker 3: Be you and your robot wife robot arm wife, yeah, my robot, my biotic commando or about arm wife. What are you guys doing here? I have a date. I gotta go back behind the set here. We'll see you in fifteen seconds. All right, Well, that was a lot of information. I think we'll take a we'll do something we've never done on this podcast and take a quick break. We will be right back with a more normal episode of games spout after dark. Well, we'll talk about some gosh dang video games, and.
Speaker 1: We're back with some video games. Uh, Jake, you had me write down a thing on my notepad called Fantasy Life. I continue, Oh, I forgot to write the rest of it down.
Speaker 2: Fantasy Life I the Girl who Steals Time. Oh, okay, of course, come on, of course it's yeah, why is that weird?
Speaker 1: You you don't like that? Oh, let's go tell the developers. Kurt doesn't like the name of this game. So what is this like one of your like anime visual novels? Like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Kind of Uh do you guys know about Fantasy Life? It's an I the Girl, No, Fantasy Life, I colon the Girl.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. No, the Girl who Steals Time. So Fantasy Life, I colon colon.
Speaker 1: That's the series.
Speaker 2: I have no idea why there's an eye in the title. I have absolutely no idea Fantasy Life I, and if they explain it, I don't know because I hammered through all that dialogue.
Speaker 1: Don't care.
Speaker 4: Well, actually some of us okay, do you do?
Speaker 2: Have you guys played any of the Fantasy Life every single one of them? Okay, you kind of know what I'm actually I've never played a single either of I.
Speaker 4: However, they are developed by Level five, do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, so I think way hold on?
Speaker 2: Who's why Level five is a Level five I is a Japanese studio, and I would say probably their most famous games now maybe apart from like the Layton Professor Layton series. No Cooney Okay, you know Cooney one and two. I adore both those games. It was two of my favorite RPGs. I think about both of them often.
Speaker 1: Life of a three DYES game. Yeah, that's how it started. Is a three D S game.
Speaker 2: But a new one just came out for Switch PC, and I think it's supposed to come to Switch to I haven't looked into it, but uh, these games are basically Life sims, but I feel like they're not as relaxed or cozy necessarily, at least this one is not. Essentially, you start the game you create your character, you crash land on an island because you're on a dragon or something. I'm skipping a lot of the dialogue. But then you pick from like one of twenty different I think it's twenty. It's there's a lot of different life paths you can choose, and basically whatever life path you choose kind of affects the mechanical day to day grind. So you can do like a tailor, you can do a minor, you can do a.
Speaker 1: Like a.
Speaker 2: Guy with a sword, a sell sword, a mercenary, podfather a podfather, uh and it and and the game still tells like a linear story. However, the way you get there is by whichever life path you choose. This is the first one I've played, and I've only played like three or four hours, and.
Speaker 1: I'm really liking it.
Speaker 4: It's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I I I've played Starting Valley, I get super into Stardu Valley. I've played some old Harvest Moon games back and then they never got super into those. But this game, it seems like it gives you so many options of like which path do you want to go down? And then if you're not happy about one, you can switch like that and it seems like there's a whole track depending on whichever one you pick, where you can kind of like basically dictate how you want to play through that entire game depending on the life path you choose. I'm surprised I haven't played any other ones, because I really do like Level five, at least the games I've played by them.
Speaker 1: I've never played the Layton games. I think you've played them. I've played most of.
Speaker 2: The Layton games quite a bit, right, those cool. It's definitely it's definitely nothing like that, and it is a like action RPG. It's not turn based, which you know, I think people might think that because I hadn't mentioned Nino Cooney, which I think are both. What I remember was Nino Coney, you know Cooney. No, they're technically not turn based, but anyway they are. It is like an action RPG, and there's co op. I haven't tried co op, but there's a lot of cool ideas. The reason I picked it up is because it was getting a lot of really good reviews, like Nine's eights, and I was like, you know what, this seems like a good one to dip my toes in, and so far I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: I think it's cool. I'm glad I gave it a shot.
Speaker 2: And I think it comes to switch to on launch and I think it's like upreds and all that.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited. Okay, check it out on switch to.
Speaker 2: To launch game. I just I think it's a launch game. It may be like a little after but out now on switch and PC.
Speaker 1: So it we'll be coming to switch to. Okay, this is probably me being general or uh assuming I thought I was going to be pixel art.
Speaker 4: It is not pixelart.
Speaker 1: I'm not super into the art style.
Speaker 2: It's like very uh you know, big head like little body games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There are certain aspects that I like and others I don't. But but it's there's a lot of tongue in cheek there.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on what career or did you pick?
Speaker 2: I chose a mercenary because I wanted to hit things with a sword, but I.
Speaker 1: Kind of wish i'd hit stuff if you were fish or whatever.
Speaker 2: Fish Okay, but it definitely like when I look at the map, which the map is pretty big, but it seems like you unlock different parts of the map as you go. But it seems like there's like things to do no matter where you are.
Speaker 4: And no matter which vocation you choose.
Speaker 2: So if you are a fit fisherman or a fisher person, fisher person fisher price, uh there's like spots where you can go fish and collect rare fish and sell them and complete quest where.
Speaker 4: People like bring me fish.
Speaker 3: Is there as we've ever done a Vincent price, but fisher fish fisher price combo where it's like a fish Vincent price okay. Uh? So actually, so when you do your mercenary stuff, do you like Okay, so you go out, you beat stuff up. Yeah, and then there's the starter valley aspect of it, right, yeah, so do you go back home? So I just got to the part where I got a home, and it is like, so you don't get a home from the start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took me like three or four hours before I got a home. And have you been camping out?
Speaker 2: Even almost I've been staying at the end, bottles, staying at the end, that's yeah, it's not cheap.
Speaker 3: I always read these old novels from the thirties and forties where people lived at hotels, I know, like hotel rooms being here were their apartments, but now in the way like I'm living at a hotel because I'm a transit It's like, no, you you you just go to a hotel and you book a room and that's your months.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, and I read that and I'm like, I like the sound. Yeah, just like, oh, I'm just I'm living at this hotel.
Speaker 2: I want to like write all, you know, like I'm going to check myself in here for three months and write a novel or.
Speaker 4: Fantasy life. I the girl who's the fantasy life?
Speaker 1: Ie the girl. So have you met the girl who steals time?
Speaker 4: I have? Yeah, she's not very nice.
Speaker 1: Well she's stealing time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's waste my time. I don't have time for this. That's what I would say to it, Like I don't have time for you stealing my time. Exactly, I have time for this conversation. Is that what it is is she's stealing your time as instant.
Speaker 2: There to have you time travel like different errors or something. Anyway, I wanted to shout it out because we didn't do a review for it, but the reviews I saw were really positive, so I want to give it a shot. And like I said, only a couple hours in, but so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: Don't waste my time. I I Fantasy life. H I you meet you? We we we yes see I'm going to transition over to Kurt.
Speaker 1: Hi. We both can playing a little game. It's a little game. It's a little game. It's also a big game coming out. It's a little expense. It feels expensive little game. Yes, it is a you know, yeah, it's an expensive It feels feels expensive. It feels very Yeah, like a lot of love and care and craft put into it. We're talking about to a tea, which is U the new game from the Katamari uh domas creator. I forget their name off my head. Thank you appreciate that. See this is why you should host a podcast. Listen to me. Well, I did the video for the for for the review. Who is lives in San Francisco, San Francsco. Yeah, which is cool.
Speaker 3: He rolled he he rolled into her office a few months ago during GDC. Just show a bit of to a t and he usually just for some context and not to put this guy in blast anyway, But when developers come through our office, it's they usually have a team with them. They usually uh usually pr is organizing it, usually someone from publishers helping them through or some of that nature.
Speaker 1: Takayashi showed up by himself on one of those one wheel skateboards. I saw the one wheel skateboards first and was like, oh, who's that that mosquitas I was like, oh okay, and he just showed up and I was like, this guy made one of my favorite games of all time and presents himself as one of my favorite people I have ever done this, so uh yeah, but he came through and uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Three yes, charger right.
Speaker 3: He did ask if we had a library and asked if we had a charger. We did not, Yeah, but Lucy came to me like, oh, Kurt does, Kirt definitely does.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, you'll give up yours? Right?
Speaker 3: What the what?
Speaker 1: And I would have.
Speaker 3: But I don't know why she pinned me. Somebody's just like, oh, he's got one of his back podcast. Maybe should start. Who's carrying around just such a wackys carrying around chargers.
Speaker 1: For three d s s for PSPs. It'd be great if I only carry the chargers but not the handhelds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't have a three DS but I have a three charger because someone might need a charge.
Speaker 1: So yeah, to a T, to a T to a T. Yeah, the newest game from them. How would you describe this game?
Speaker 3: So I'm comparing it to another game okay, Japanese game that I really like called natsum On twentieth Century Kid, which is so okay.
Speaker 1: Let me back up. I would describe this game as a thirteen year old adolescent coming of age coming of age sim. Yes, you play as a thirteen year old stuck in the tea posset, stuck in a tea pose. They don't know why, they don't know why. They're a tea the perfect but it is the perfect shape yea. And yeah, you like go through kind of like just days of their line and day by day, day by day. Uh, and you like you'd like go to class.
Speaker 3: I mean that dog but not even like even more granular. You'd get up every morning, you'd have to you'd have your You have a dog who you name? I name my Tom Jones, and my dog Tom Jones helps you through your day to day routine because dog, yeah, yeah exactly, So that dog helps you get dressed, so you choose your outfits Yep, you go to the bathroom, which, by the way, I have a solid five minutes of capture the bat The opening bathroom scene is one of the greatest, so I was like just going ham on this, really watch your experiences for yourself. But the dog helps you use the bathroom. Yep, doesn't show you how, but clearly the dog says, I can only assume something something to help you don't know what. And then even further, you have to eat your breakfast. But eating your breakfast in of itself is a chore because your spoon is long, so you have to actually move your arms individually to pour the cereal, to pour the milk, and then pick up the spoon, and then move the spoon to your mouth and control your mouth to ship and then brush your Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you wash your face, yeah, because you then have cereal in your teeth and you need to brush it. However, after I think it's the first or second time you do it. Uh, Once you turn thirteen, your mom's like, you're an adult. Now you can choose if you want to or not, so technically you don't have to do it anymore. You did you skip it? No? I do it every time every day. I'm like, no, I'm gonna keep doing this every time I need to wash my face, I need to brush my to like mini games, like how does this work?
Speaker 3: Like you one m when you you you would walk up and click on the table and in that moment, like an analog you know, the right analog stick would control an arm and then you use the triggers.
Speaker 1: Something And it's not as like chaotic as you would assume, Like.
Speaker 3: What is it called, Dad, It's just yeah, it's not chaot. It's more you know, accessible in that way. It's it's meant to be doable, you know, to just kind of convey this person's life.
Speaker 1: But I was about to say, because like I do it every day in that yeah, you brush your teeth, yeah yeah, But in the game, I'm like, no, I'm gonna eat cereal, I'm gonna eat my breakfast, I'm gonna brush my teeth. I'm gonna get the ibogogers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, off, my, I'm gonna go to draft and get my sandwich. I'm gonna go to the draft and get my sandwich and then go to school. Yeah yeah, yeah, but I want it, But I compare it to Natsuman, so not Suman's much more. For those who don't know, it's a Japanese series where he plays a boy over this You play over a summer vacation basically, but the game has no real.
Speaker 1: Goals.
Speaker 3: You create your own goals. The entire idea of the game is for you to experience the summer as you want as a child, a whimsy child that can do whatever. It's onal Japan and roll Japan, catch bugs, go fishing, talk to strangers, or do none of that. The game, no matter what, continues and will end after thirty some days.
Speaker 4: Join the Mystery Club.
Speaker 1: Join the Mystery Club, and in many ways, uh.
Speaker 3: To a Tee reminds me of that where it's this whims It's still captures the same sort of whimsiness of being a kid with where nothing is really that important and you could do whatever you want. But but To a Tea's is very linear. It's still a streamlined game, but it captures the same spirit of just being a kid and doing kids stuff and experiencing life through the lens of a child, where to you, as an adult, those things don't seem important, but to a child like can be you know means everything, like means the world, and I think the game is UH captures that spirit. I've said very I've said many times on this podcast, I do not like teenagers. I don't like playing games as teenagers. But I've learned through to a Tea that I love playing games as children when they are represented properly as children, which is imaginative and whimsy and open to the world, and to a T captures it so well to an emotional point for me, where like I've gotten strain, I've been very moved by this game purely by the idea, not even because you're a tea and the game is basically about coming to terms with who you are and why you and just being yourself. But Uh just captures the feeling of what it's like to not have many cares in the world, or to see the world through a way that is still childlike in lens. I don't know, it moves me and I Steve Watts gave it our Steve Watts very own. Seve Wats gave it a six out of ten. Having read the review and done the video for the review, I one hundred percent agree with everything they've said because the game is doesn't go very far in its.
Speaker 1: Actual gameplay mechanics. Yes.
Speaker 3: In fact, I would almost say I would argue that it's tedious. Tediousness does capture it's like a very specific spirit of the day to day life and routine of a child. But I can't understand why that it's absolutely a barrier for people where they get to a certain point where like I'm just brushing my teeth every day and washing my face and walking around to hown and collecting coins and really like not doing anything with the real objective other than going to school and having a silly conversation and coming back. But it's for those reasons that I.
Speaker 1: Love it. Yeah, it's it's I feel like out of ten. I feel somewhere kind of a video. I think I land somewhere kind of in the middle where I I don't I don't feel I agree. I agree with you that, Like I think every point Steve makes makes total sense. I don't quite feel that level of like tedium about it. Yeah, But it also, I would say, didn't emotionally impact me, maybe the way it has you. The song gets mused. I mean, I think this song is great, Like both songs are great.
Speaker 3: Like the so Jake that every chapter starts like a TV show and not like where it has like an opening and closing track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like the intro and this is like the credit where the credits would play. And the songs are lyrically and.
Speaker 3: Uh melody melodically are like insane in the Yes, it sounds like somebody wrote a bunch of words and force them into a melody.
Speaker 1: It's part of the words rhyme.
Speaker 3: It's just sentences, okay, but they're done and somewhat of a melody to try and match. Yeah, it captures that sort of uh, the wackiness of the quokiness of of like how to Marry Demasi in that way. But musically the songs are amazing, Like I think they're so good. They like they use the swelling of certain melodies at certain moments in the game, which I think is what moves me so much anyways.
Speaker 1: But yeah, lyrics are great. Lyrics are great. I I do find the game quite charming. I think it's really funny and a lot of spots funny. And uh, again it looks very very good, Like there's just like a level of it's that I guess it's kind of uh, it's got it's its roots and sort of the aesthetics and styles of of you know, things like Kada Mari or like other stuff that he's made.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, well, I think the thing is with the Kamar is that it's it's it's this is gonna sound so stupid, but it's like I viewed, it's like a very punk game. As ever, it's rudimentary looking, but it's very distinct. It's very but like you can look at the shapes of those things in those games, it's like it just feels like somebody's just made character models and got them in like everything looks yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's in terms of like sort of like the colors.
Speaker 3: In the Uh, what's it the I can never remember the name of the game his last game that his team did that was the one I didn't play it. I played it, and I can't remember the name of it where you stack things. I can't remember the name off the time I had. Yeah, anyways, but was it yes, yes, But again, those games are mechanically driven, so it's weird to see this game. Yeah that is not mechanically driven like his other games and look quite prestigeous in comparison.
Speaker 1: Exactly this is I would say them all story dialogue heavy, Oh without a doubt?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, do you ever play Naby Nabby Boy? Don't get near my k Nobby Nabby Boy?
Speaker 1: No, I have not play Nay not be nabby Boy is probably the most experi mental one where it's like it's less a game and more just this little like interactive thing you can do where you play as Knobbynolly Boy, which is like this weird worm guy that you can just you can yeah, you like you would control each He has two heads and are like a like head and a butt, and you can like control each one with the left and right stick. It was a p S three exclusive and you could like stretch them out and then like stretch them around stuff and you could they could get cut in half and then you would like have two of them and they would run around and there was like no end goal or objective. You would just do that. But every time you you stretched it would it would make a girl, uh get bigger and girl was this like other worm creature that starts on Earth and just grows and every It was a multiplayer game where everyone who would you know, you don't actually play with other people, but as your you're not be nobby length would be calculated with other players and you would all collectively increase the length of girl, and you could go and look at like girls progress and she'd be like, oh she's on Earth. Oh now she's crossed the moon. Now she's at Mars, and now she's that meanness. And I think they got all the way to the end of the Solar system by the time that game like you know, closed out or whatever. But there is something like that is like the most polar opposite of like what this game is, where it's like that game was like all just like yeah, weird mechanical nonsense and there was no objective and this is like more focused, but it's much slower and you have to kind of be into the dialogue and what it's trying to present stuff.
Speaker 3: That's why keep comparing it to Natzuman, because it's a game kind of without a clear objective other than to experience the adolescents life of a boy who shaped like a tea.
Speaker 1: And that's really it. But boyd is ye, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's it is ambiguous to how you design that character basically, I mean like, but it's it is a made character.
Speaker 1: You just like you. It doesn't you kind of a sign you don't even you're you as a player. I think that's kind of Yeah, they don't even pay. Say you can name this.
Speaker 3: You can pick whatever you want to pick whatever you want however you want, like the first to aid, Like, I like my name's Crut because I was bored. I didn't have the time to come up with the name. But yeah, you could, you know, slap a skirt on walk out on Town.
Speaker 2: I would have suggested you name your character Kurt. Never anyway, I think to a T is not for everyone.
Speaker 1: Nothing is, but you should check it out if if that speaks to you, because I do think it is is a worthwhile thing to experience. It's see for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say something insane, probably, but I think it so far it's my favorite game that I play.
Speaker 4: It's like more than Adam.
Speaker 3: I love of love Adam Fall, but in terms of a thing that I can imagine years from now seeing still reaction from me, Yes to a tee, but I can imagine myself booting up Adam Fall years from ount and actually playing that again.
Speaker 1: Maybe not so much to a T. I see makes sense On a narrative emotional level. I think to a tea is something to be remarked upon. Speaking of games that aren't for everyone, Elton Ring Night Rain took us this long to get the Night Rain, I took us as long to get to know.
Speaker 4: We have to be quick about it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well well, uh, I'm just kidding. It's the last traditional episode. We could go a little longer than our usual one, but I won't go too too long. But other than Ring Night Rain, it is out there is reviews. We gave it a very high review of nine out of ten. That was Richard Wakeling probably one of the higher ends. This game has kind of been getting a sort of polarizing reactions maybe too strong of a word, but mixed.
Speaker 3: I saw that on steam Ahead Mix. But it looks like the because so yeah chat.
Speaker 2: Or something I was looking because I for the record, I've been having a very good time met elder Ring Night Rain. There are definitely criticisms and they're seeing things that frustrate me, But I think at the end of the day, I respect the fact that from Software found a very interesting way to take a lot of assets and ideas from Elden Ring and other from games and turn them into something that.
Speaker 1: Felt that feels truly unique in a way that.
Speaker 4: I don't think you see too often.
Speaker 2: That said, I was curious about these reviews, and a lot of the negativity I think came down to the fact that A, it's not really like other souls like games that from Software has done.
Speaker 1: Sure, B.
Speaker 2: Playing with ramdos not ideal, so you can technically play solo, but it's not really designed too. Like I'm pretty sure enemies and bosses will scale depending on how many players you have, but the.
Speaker 1: Way those enemies are designed designed and is clearly meant like you're supposed to have like one person kite the boss so that you can then do this, like, it's not design.
Speaker 4: You pull yeah, yeah, like with the dog that splits into three.
Speaker 2: Doing that by yourself would be rough, right, So a lot of people on Steam were frustrated that A, it's not very much fun playing by yourself, but the game also doesn't have a lot of things to support playing by yourself in terms of like I guess people were saying, there's no like actual in game voice chat, so you can't communicate in game. Oh, I don't even think about that, because we were just using Discord, and there was ever use ping system. But it's fairly simple and there's no like in game text chat, so there's a lot of communication stuff that just aren't there.
Speaker 4: And when I was reading that, I was like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: Like the thing is though, for me, I would never play this game by myself, and I would never play with Randos. I have only except for that first night when we played it and we had one random with us. Other than that, I've only played with you and Stu yep, and then Matt Paget and another friend.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: So I have only played with other people and I am having a great time in that sense. I think the bosses are really cool. I think they have done some really creative things with those final bosses you fight. I like playing as a lot of the characters. I like how a lot of the characters are built around like Eldin Ring or Soul's character fundamentals, but they kind of break outside of what's expected an elder Ring. Like, for instance, I'm playing the Duchess, who at first that was pretty frustrated with, but now I think it is one of my favorite characters. But she has a dodge where she like essentially flips away.
Speaker 4: And if you build her so.
Speaker 2: She has extra high stamina or endurance and it replenishes quickly. And then you have like every time you do a dodge roll, a lightning storm happens, you are just like dashing around enemies with.
Speaker 1: Lightning ORMs crashing down.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, she has an ability that lets her rewind all the damage done to an enemy in the last five seconds. So like, so like, essentially, a teammate'll hit with a very big attack and I'll catch them with a rewind and all that damage will be hit again. So I think there's a lot of really cool ways to synergize with these characters. I've talked a lot about you've been playing too, but I just I've been having a very good time. Yeah, as a from as a from software sicko, I've been having a very good time.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. For me, it's funny. The first match we played, I hate it. Nope, gotta bleep that one out. Here's my one. Yeah, keep keep track of the time. For me, Kurt. For anything, I hated it. I was like, this sucks. I'm not enjoying this. And a lot of it is because there is a very specific way I like to play what I think of when I think of a from software game, which is like what those games. Despite how like frenetic and fast I can get in, the combat has a slow pacing to it where you can really like take your time, soak in the environment, look at your surroundings. When you kill an enemy, you have a moment to like breathe and like collect yourself. You can look at your weapons that you find and your items, and you can like read the description and you can like like you can play that game at its own pacing, And I like that rhythm. And this game is like go go, go, go go, like there is there is none of that. You have to like know it what you're doing and you have to be like we just have to grab this thing and go and like and you know, I will lose if you do not exactly and will and would you say so?
Speaker 3: Because like I was thinking about that because like one of my favorite games of all times is Blood Born, and I always think about the process of like the opening hours that game is you cannot rush through it unless you know it exactly, Like you can't. You can't just run through that environment. It's amaze, it's it's an absolute nightmare through that on your first try. I was gonna ask, would you say that this game feels as though it was The design was with the assumption that people who were playing it already played and knew elden Ring. So would that still make sense for someone like you who likes to soak in the environment. Does that make sense for a game that you already technically know?
Speaker 2: I mean, the thing is sorry to yeah, I want you to answer that question. But the thing I will just add on quickly is it pulls from a lot of what you know from elden Ring, but I feel like a lot of it has a twist. So you think you know something how something works, but it doesn't quite work that way, and then you find yourself out of time and it's like, oh, that's what that does.
Speaker 4: See Like I was like the first.
Speaker 2: Time I went to one of the bonfires or whatever the sites of Grace, I like didn't understand level up because it's just a blanket level up. You don't choose stats, it's just thinging being being level up.
Speaker 1: Run. Yeah, it's like, once you know how the game works, this pacing makes sense, but the game it's still has that from software thing where they want you to kind of like figure it out on your own, and figuring it out on your own while also having like a literal wall of fire like pushing you that can get that can feel frustrating at first because you're just like I okay, Like I want to take my time and learn this game, and I like that you're not trying to like just tell me exactly what to do, because figuring out the almost like puzzle elements of like well, what does this area do and what's like this, like what what's the best route you know, for like getting my gear? Like that's fun to figure out, but you in the opening first times we did it like it can feel very like it feels like the game is trying to like push you along in a way that I found frustrating. Once I started to figure out what the game was doing and like the way it wanted me to play, and I got used to all of that, I was able to start enjoying it. Found artificantly more, found a character I really liked and exc I didn't like the first character at all. I was, yeah, they're fine. I ended up going with like the the witch character reclose, and I was like, wow, I really like just being able to like throw magic everywhere and all this and that, so and I feel like that also fits balances really nicely with the characters like you and stew would play. So once I got into that rhythm, it was like, Okay, I'm having a great time with this. It's just that initial opening hours was was rough and having to divorce that from sort of what I expect with from software, which is where I think like this game kind of almost like does itself a disservice by having the word elden Ring in the title, Like it makes sense because it's building off of like the aesthetics of elden Ring. What if it was Limb Grave, Limbveld. Actually now it's called Limveld. Oh fuck your own podcast, But it makes sense because like, yep, like it's using that aesthetics and also like, hey, guess what elden Rings sold, like thirty million copies or whatever, Like obviously we're going to new It's a no brainer. But then at the same time, it's like, but if you like elden Ring, doesn't mean you're going to like this game. And I think that's okay, and I I have come around. I went from I did not care about this game at all too. I actually now quite like it, and I do. I think it's cool that from Software was using their like they're kind of like untouchable at the moment, like they can they can mess up real bad and it doesn't matter, it's not going to hurt their bottom line, like they they will be fine, and they're like using that opportunity to try something different rather than just do the safest thing possible, which would have just been an Elden ring.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've talked about this on this podcast.
Speaker 3: How we encourage We all three of us collectively agree that developers should be more willing to reuse their assets in creative cool ways. Yes, like RGG has with all the yakaza and like a Dragon games, and like even I mean I would even argue like from Breatha Walld to t Here's the Kingdom, and like use those things to build upon and create something.
Speaker 1: So it's cool to see from Software do this.
Speaker 2: Some of the assets that they have pulled for this game is a real middle thinker to some players. Sick like there is a reviewer talked about it and I actually cut it from the video review because I was bummed to know that this specific boss was brought back for this game. I was like you, like you, Oh my god, there it's a real like you have to tell me, I'll tell you. I don't know yet Dark Souls three boss. I don't know if you played.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the only one I haven't played. But I was gonna say, I imagine now with the context of being supporting people who developed using assets, as long as it's done with some sort of intent, I do. I mention a meeting for this game being like collering, so old, what are we going to do? He's working on something else, so.
Speaker 1: Shove it all together. What's popular rogue Light?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's time for I mean, I doubt that's exactly how it went down, but I can imagine that's all it took. Or in the case of somebody's like, what if we just took off our assets that made a rogue light and.
Speaker 1: They're like maybe maybe someone was just really passionate about wanting to try that.
Speaker 2: But I think it does say a lot where like to your point, like, I can definitely picture that meeting happening, But if that meeting did happen, and this is what from software walked away with I think it just once again proves how like talented and creative and forward thinking and how like not to gas them up too much. But like no one else is really doing this stuff, Like, yeah, there is a circle that's reminiscent of Battle Royale. Yes, there are things that carry over run to run like a rogue light, but like I've never really played anything, and like obviously it plays like Elder Ring, but like all those disparate parts coming together in a way that like I've never seen before saw competitive, it's cooperative.
Speaker 3: Now let me have another question, how does this make you feel about the future? For that switch to the Dust Bloods that one, I'm okay more excited. I'm still wary about it because it's PVPV although I have heard supposedly that I guess like the PvP element is supposed to be like your character has like a role so there's like a level of role playing to it, where like your character is supposed to have like a specific objective that may require hunting down another player or may mean you go help another player. So it's kind of like I've heard it's like the Old Covenants, and like there's a little bit so like, hearing that made me like, oh, that's actually kind of interesting. Like I think about games like the Ship.
Speaker 1: You know, if you guys ever played the Ship, the ship is like a It's what Assassin's Creed multiplayer was inspired by. Okay, but it's like an Assassin thing where you're all on a ship, but like everyone plays, you role play and everyone has like different objectives, and I'm like, Okay, that actually sounds like kind of interesting. So I'm the weird thing is I don't care. I don't really no.
Speaker 3: I like elden Ring and I love I love like Blood Boring is my favorite, is my favorite from soft game, and I've I've played Demon Souls and Dark Souls and all that jazz. I really have no desire to play night Rain. However, hearing you two talk about it has gotten me weirdly pumped and excited for dust bloods Okay, because I'm excited at the idea of hearing that they're doing something like this. Well, and I'm more excited about new ips and new things that I don't know, yeah, than I am to just go back to elder Ring in this term, So I'm like that actually gets me pumped for Dusk Bloods of the idea of like, okay, there an experiment this way, it makes sense to.
Speaker 1: Do it in a new place.
Speaker 2: And I think I think my gut reaction to Dust Bloods was like, oh, I don't really want it from software game.
Speaker 1: I think that was sad. Yeah, but I think with Night Rain and Plus, I.
Speaker 2: Even think back to like, you know, what they did with Demon Souls back in the day and Dark Souls, like that was so weird and revolutionary and different in terms of how multiplayer works, and hearing you talk about like this more role playing spect like, I feel like they're not making this multiplayer just because they want to make it multiplayer. I feel like that team has a very strong concept of what they want this multiplayer to be.
Speaker 1: Obviously we know.
Speaker 2: Very little about it, but I'm excited nonetheless, and I'm probably more excited after I've played a night Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: So curious if like Dust plus was supposed to be a Bloodborne game, you know, and maybe because I don't know, it's called dust plotch like Sony didn't want to Spot pay for it, and then Nintendo's like, well, like all right, we'll just change a few things, and now, like it.
Speaker 2: We'll just put a Bloodborne on PC and we'll make all the money so much quicker than that will.
Speaker 1: Definitely happen anyway, ye elden Ring Knight rain. Uh, it's an interesting One's cool. Yeah, I've come around to I am glad this game exists, and I am actually quite enjoying it. Also, forty forty bucks. It's not it doesn't have any like micro transaction nonsense, it doesn't have any like it has. They start they start adding dance moves. I mean there are emotes still, but it's all no, can you floss?
Speaker 2: No? Well maybe yeah, you can use the what do they call it, like the prattling stones or whatever where thank you?
Speaker 1: You can do that. So I just expanded, I'm like, hello, thank you.
Speaker 3: Wait, is that it just does that on its own? Character holds of the little stone and gl do you do it? No, it's it's a can yeah, but you can get more of them.
Speaker 1: We're really waiting. At one point, I just was like looking away and all of a sudden, I just kept hearing whoa, and I'm like, what's going on? I like that cool game, and I think that's a podcast would be winding down. I guess. Before we go real view podcasts the podcast, let's briefly talk about our Summer game Fest plans so people are aware what's going on next week with us. Obviously, we're going to be in LA to cover Summer Game Fest, as well as all the other showcases around it, the Xbox showcase. We're going to have play Days, which is the like do they call it? Do people? Do people outside of our industry know what play Days is? It's gonna sounds like such a douchey thing, I know, but the play play Days is weird. Yeah. Play Days is basically put on by Summer Game Fest, where it allows you to walk around and play the game play games. It's like the show floor for E three in a smaller form, but it's exclusively for the present. I don't know if the people know what that is. I know, yeah, I think it's kind of weird. Do they know?
Speaker 4: I think the people who listen to this probably know, But I think you know.
Speaker 2: On our YouTube channel though, I think, like you know, we started videoing like we're play Days, people are like, I don't know that is?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I agree with that. I've always thought we should maybe like stop doing Okay, SOF game coverage. Sure, yeah, I think a lot of people though to your point, probably the majority of people who watch SGF watch that show case, and then they don't really pay much attention. They just maybe see like oh I Jen and games will put up a lot of videos about games. I guess they saw them or whatever, like they're probably were things happening. Yeah, we'll be there. We're gonna be checking out a lot of games.
Speaker 4: There's something else happening next week too, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. Is there something happening next week?
Speaker 4: When did your precinct video go up? That's it?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's it next week? Oh, it's this weekend right tomorrow. But something else happening next week. I'm trying to think. Oh, Kanitsu Gami is getting mouse controls. Oh you like on the PC. Oh no, they already had it on it. Well, then where is it gonna be on?
Speaker 4: Hmm, Well, I think that's podcasting.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have all want of stuff next week. We have a lot of stuff. Well, we'll be covering all the big things anyway. Yeah, all right, start starting next Thursday. We'll be covering some stuff. We might be waiting in some lines for some midnight releases of things anyway. Thank you so much everyone for listening to what has been the final traditional episode of Game Spot after Dark. Once again, this podcast will continue in some form with more experimental one off videos, and after Summer game Fest, please look forward to our brand new podcast, The Game Spot Show, hosted by Curtin Divina and Mystery guest and Mystery co host. Thank you all so much for listening.
Speaker 4: Much than I am, but not as credible.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, that has been mister credible over there, the Podfather himself One last time, pod Father Part three, The Death of Jacob. No, we can't, we can't. We're gonna end the podcast stop. Please, Thank you so much for listening all for these years. Everyone. We really appreciate it. We'll be back. Yeah, we're not. We're not. You're not. We're not done yet. The sun is rising after Dark. Oh yeah, oh, we were gonna make a joke about that, were we. Yeah. Oh, it's time to it's time to wake up.
Speaker 2: Doo doo