Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the bulldog ready to go there. He's there in the luxury condo where you know, all things sports just are transmitted each morning here during the sports page.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and we have Oklahoma City one win from the NBA Championship.
Speaker 4: They win Game.
Speaker 3: Five last night. Jalen Williams man career playoff high forty points. Shay Gilgess, Alexander the MVP, he had thirty one. The Thunder take a three to two lead in the finals. They win one twenty to one oh nine over the Pacers last night. It was you know, I'll tell you what. Give the Pacers credit. Even though their star player Tyrese Haliburton was hurt last night re injured his leg.
Speaker 4: He only scored four points.
Speaker 3: The Pacers were down eighteen, but they have been the Kings of the comeback throughout these playoffs. They cut it down to two in the fourth quarter and then Oklahoma City built their lead back up. But the Pacers did not go down quietly last night. Okay Se, he's the better team. They're the deeper team, they're the younger team. But this series does return to Indiana for Game six. I think the Pacers is gonna win Thursday force a game seven at least that's what I hope Sunday.
Speaker 4: For the revenue, right, for the revenue, it's all about.
Speaker 3: The money beause I like game sevens because you know, it's exciting and I want something to do.
Speaker 4: I want something to watch on something.
Speaker 2: Do you want a Game seven in the Stanley Cup Finals?
Speaker 4: Or do you want to just finish this off tonight?
Speaker 1: Wait before we go there? Do you know what I love about Shaye whatever Alexander. He's such a badass on the court, But do you see how many signatures he gives before and after the games?
Speaker 3: See, he's like the perfect posters. He talks about who's the face of the league. This guy should be the face of the league. He's the m v P. He's a great role model. The fans love him. He signs a bunch of autographs. He represents the league. Will I love sg A?
Speaker 4: He's great? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do I win a Game seven in Stanley Cup playoffs? You know the excitement of it would be fun? But no, we're gonna We're gonna close them out tonight. You know, we're gonna win our second straight Stanley Cup tonight. It's on our home ice down in Sunrise, and Edmund that doesn't even.
Speaker 4: Know who their damn goalkeeper is gonna be tonight. They're trying.
Speaker 3: They're trying to play Coy Stewart skinnerd or Calvin Picker. Guess what, we don't care. All right, we're gonna fire shots by you. It doesn't matter who your goalkeeper is. So I think the Panthers are gonna close them out tonight, win a second straight Stanley Cup. The dynasty begins tonight. Okay, right, what do you think, Lynch?
Speaker 2: I think they I think they would like nothing more than to hoist that cup there at home. And I think it's gonna happened. I do, I really do.
Speaker 3: So. I was at the Chamber of International Drive Chamber of Commerce meeting yesterday where the Orlando Dreamers baseball organization.
Speaker 4: They had a.
Speaker 3: Public form with all the eye Drive business and tourism leaders. Two major pieces of news came out of it yesterday. All okay, when it comes to Orlando's baseball effort. Now, the guys that were there, their co founder, Jim Jim Snorf, their lead investor, Doctor Rick Workman was there. Barry Lark and the Hall of famer who's sort of their MLB ambassador, he was there.
Speaker 4: The overall message was.
Speaker 3: That the Orlando Baseball effort urgently needs a statement of support from the Orange County mayor Jerry Demings, the Orange County government. And that's essentially what they're waiting for now because they say they've got everything in line. They just need Jerry Demmings in Orange County to say, hey, yeah, we want to play ball, we want to play ball.
Speaker 4: And they say, hey, time is ticking.
Speaker 3: Major League Baseball wants to know if Orlando's actually interested or not. So what do you guys think should happen here?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this would such a statement from Orange County officials mandates any kind of financial commitment At this.
Speaker 3: Point, there's gonna be no financial commitment unless we actually get a team.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, what I'm saying though.
Speaker 2: Is that they don't have to commit to any number or anything right there. If that's the case, and give them the green lights, see if they can pull this off.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not just say hey, we're ready to play ball. If you know, if we can work out a good deal and the Major League Baseball wants to come here, we are willing to work with them.
Speaker 4: That's all they have to say, right, Okay, let's do it. I hate to say it.
Speaker 1: I actually kind of a agree with Demings, where, hey, let's just not spend all of our taxpayers' money on stuff, you know, if that's if that's what he's holding off on. Good Normally I don't agree with him, but you know, well, first of all, it's not our taxpayer money. It's a Joe and many six pack from Peoria who come here.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, it's the tourist tax money. It's not our money.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The tourist money could be spent otherwise, couldn't it elsewhere?
Speaker 3: Can't be spent on roads or No. They just had a ruling in Tallahassee that even though people think it should be able to be spent on infrastructure in the city of Orlando, the the leaders in Tallahassee said no, you got to spend it on tourist No.
Speaker 4: No, I know all that, I get that.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying, and I want to get in the weeds on this, but what I'm saying, is I think he's concerned that, Hey, you know, we don't want to be dumping a bunch of money into the you guys pipe dream, let them do it.
Speaker 4: If they're gonna do it, let them fund it. They're gonna they're gonna cash in on it in the end.
Speaker 3: That doesn't that's not how professional sports works. Taco Bob and the ideal war in the ideal world, you're right, but if you won a baseball team, the you've got to have a public commitment to it.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of baseball, something happened in a College World Series game yesterday in Omaha that hasn't happened in decades.
Speaker 3: Bulldog, Yeah, what about that? Arkansas pitcher pitches a no hitter? First no hitter? What was it in sixty five years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty crazy? Gage Wood is his name. Yeah, no hitter.
Speaker 3: Arkansas obviously wins the game, struck out a record nineteen batters in a victory over Murray State three nil.
Speaker 4: Arkansas wins that game, and.
Speaker 2: Now they're into another elimination game today.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: See is Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine in the game. He takes time out of his show each morning to join us here on JR R for the sports page.
Speaker 3: By the way, Happy birthday to the great Barry Manilo.
Speaker 2: Lujindako.
Speaker 4: On demand to download the iHeartRadio app