Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball sense talk chasm that I shall not me hear myself stops fans and they can't even count some of uniforcasom s rodo you ain't better the health?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, several charges on everyone coming.
Speaker 1: Else and I'm alreadium to hear my baby sounds just like your name was, Mark. And it's a ride by podcast. It's a rapop podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a rapp podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a ride bo podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a rap up podcast.
Speaker 4: Don't have a rap up podcast?
Speaker 3: Got a turn? It should rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back into the rasp Ball Fantasy Baseball podcast. I am beat On, joined by Spain's Numero Uno fan Gray Albright the Fantasy Massallethario.
Speaker 2: How you doing over there.
Speaker 5: Grey yohabla Espano beat On? Yeah, like I said, Numero of all that, I said Numero Numero, uh fan out of Espana, Uh uh yo lago, uh huego.
Speaker 6: In uh Madrid, oh Madrid, Barcelona, Bara Bartholona, I uh juabo a Bartholona go.
Speaker 1: I don't know that there was anything there was any substance there, but thank you for your giving us your Spanish comprehension then I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm I'm I'm more than dual dual lingo. I'm try lingo. You know, I try. I try lingo.
Speaker 1: That's what I do that that feels appropriate, including English, you know, you try to speak English.
Speaker 2: In that language.
Speaker 3: I do. I do actually speaking of English. So I was I went to Hawaii for the during the All Star break. Thanks thanks for asking. And so we were staying at this hotel, right, and I'm like, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go do some laps. Even though so a little inside scoop on on gray oh break can't really swim so well. So uh so I'm like, I'm gonna go down and do I'm gonna go down and do some laps, right so uh, you know, stretch out the old arms and and and and and and flippers, the uh, the feet. Uh so I uh so I go down to uh, I go down uh to the pool and uh people are like, it's it's Maui man. People are chill. People are hanging out by the pool, just relaxing, the reading, reading a book or two. Maybe. So I go, I go and do one of those jackhammers right, let those cannonballs. Oh right, into the water, the big, big old splasharoo I do I do one of those. Like, I'm like, shamou going into the the water, You'll get splashed. I'm like, you know, it's a pool, it's it's hot out, you'll enjoy the water, the water splashing, right, So I, uh, I go in the pool. I'm doing I'm doing laps. According to my uh my Apple watch, I did twenty laps and uh like that's like three hundred yards like a lot. Like some of that was like, So what I would do is because the pool was only three feet deep, so I would just like swing my arms and fool my Apple Watch into thinking I was swimming. I just like so I would walk through the pool going like this with my arms, just swinging them and flapping.
Speaker 2: So you're doing like the old person at the hy.
Speaker 3: Yah, yeah, I was doing. I was doing aqua aerobics right. So anyway, So anyway, long story short is, so finally someone who works at the hotel comes up to me and he's like, sir, like, yeah, what's up man doing my I'm doing laps right, So he's like, uh yeah, you see that the sign over there. I'm like, which which sign is? That it's like the one, the one that says this is a inquility pool, Like it's like you're you're you're disturbing people's tranquility. Oh my, my, my bad. So that was that was my trip to Mallei.
Speaker 2: And now we know what kind of places Gray stays at.
Speaker 1: He stays in places that have tranquility pools that you're not supposed to swim laughs in.
Speaker 2: That's the key piece of information.
Speaker 3: Gray.
Speaker 1: Now somebody's going to track you down next All Star break. Congratulations on share that much information.
Speaker 7: Shall We've missed a couple of weeks of call ups with the top one hundred with the All Star Break, so let's cover a few of those.
Speaker 2: Gray.
Speaker 1: Louis Laura was called up for the Brewers. He didn't really have a place to play initially. That may be changing, but he's pretty much a speed first type of prospect. In seventy eight games of Triple eight at nine home runs, twenty four stone bases, he was sending three, twenty one, four thirty two and four seventy.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts here on Louis Laura, SU, you'd be picking him up now that he might have an opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, with with South Freelick going down, I believe he injured his shoulder. Maybe he was in the pool doing the doing the walking laps, but South really hurt his shoulder. So there's so there's some room for Louis Laura to play. And I'd say, you know, because of the speed alone, speed transfers from one level to the next. So I would say because of the speed alone, he's worth picking up. Now, if you don't need steals, then yeah, you could probably ignore him for the most part. He does make decent contact in a very small sample size. He has a fifteen percent strikeout rate actually yeah, just under fifteen percent, and also a ninth almost eighteen point five walk great eighteen point five percent walk grade. So yeah, I mean it's just it's only a week's worth of games, what we call it, twenty seven plate appearances, so obviously not a huge sample size. But you know, he's hitting well, hitting over two seventies so far, with you know, once one steal. So but I think the steals are really going to be what is you know, the main draw for him, right, I do think there could be some potential for power potentially, I could see a homer too, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't count on that. I would you know, I would hope for steals and maybe some average and anything else is just you know, cherry on top. So you're probably looking at, you know, fifteen teen mix leagues and deeper depending on needs. In a twelve team league. Twelve team mix league. Yeah, I mean, if he got if he got hot, then sure, but I don't think you really unless you really are desperate for steals. I don't think in a twelve team mix league he's really like, uh, he's necessary to pick up in one of the in that shadow of a league. So yeah, I mean I would say probably fifteen team mix league or deeper for right now, unless you're desperate for steals.
Speaker 2: So you're saying self Failak was replaced by self fairly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so so no, Actually, I think what I said was, I think he's actually probably closer to h a cheap.
Speaker 3: Or a poor man's Bryce Terrang, because I mean Terrang's so Terrag's profile is more speed in power, even though he has him for a decent amount of homers in the majors. But I'm not gonna I'm not saying Louis Laura is gonna be Bryce Terrain this year. He's probably He's probably not, So I wouldn't count on that. I mean he's twenty one years old, so I would count on nothing really that much other than steals and maybe average. I think South Frielick, I mean, South Freelick's fine as a comp. I just think he's a little bit lower on average he has. I mean he hit for average last year. This year he has. He was hitting two thirty six so and he only had six steals on the year. South Freelick I think is I don't know. I feel like he's a little he's a little bit less. I mean I think I like Louis Laura a bit more than South Freelick. I don't. I don't really, I didn't really I didn't like self Reelic at all. That's I mean, I'm belaboring a point here. Yeah, I mean Louis lar is fine for deeper leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say fifteen team, Like you said, that's that's about where you want to look if you need speed in like a daily twelve team league. I wouldn't mind grabbing him. He should be, you know, a good bet for that, and he does. He's taking walks across pretty much every stop that he's had, so that's part of his profile. That's one of those things that if you can get that from somebody who's speed first, it does kind of help booy their their potential slumps in between because they don't particularly hit the ball hard. I will remind you, though, that self predic was supposed to be a great average hitter when he was a prospect, so it just just never really panned out.
Speaker 2: But let's move on Gray.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the A's another injury opening up spot. Nick Kurtz is going to miss a little bit more time as they're looking into his injury. So Tommy White was called up by by them and he's gonna get some more playing time. Seventy six games of triple A, he has ten one runs, two stone bases. He's hitting three oh three, three fifty three and four sixty five.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts here on Tommy White.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's hard to It's hard to be excited about Tommy White for a couple of reasons. Number one reason is the more Tommy White's around, the less Nick Kurtz is around. And that that hurts. That hurts me, That hurts my feelings, I want Nick Kurtz back. I don't really want Tommy White. There. My other big the other big drawback is the ground ball rate, uh for Tommy White. I mean it's just it's pretty horrendous for a guy with uh, you know, supposed power. So I would you know, i'd probably say al only for Tommy White at this point, you know, potentially for power. But I mean I don't. I don't know where the power is coming from if he's grounding into that many, if he's grounding out that much. So yeah, I mean it's hard. It's hard to get super excited about a guy with a fifty or greater ground ball rate, even if he does have power. So yeah, I mean I guess maybe eventually he's you know, I mean he's he's twenty three. Uh so maybe at some point he gets a swing adjustment, so you know, in the grand scheme of things, maybe he's better than you know, what we're seeing so far in his career. But I don't, I don't. Outside of AO only, I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think in a you know, a fifteen team, I could maybe look at him as a corner infielder because there's just there's a lot of bad corner infielders out there, and he does get to play in bing bong, so that certainly helps.
Speaker 2: That's really the.
Speaker 1: Only thing that's holding me up here at this point is the is the park. He does hit for a good average, he doesn't really strike out. So those are those are two positives on him. But I, like you said, I think it's mostly gonna be ale only for him. A little bit of a blast room past here, Gray Christian Incarnacy o on Strand.
Speaker 2: Is backup in the eight majors.
Speaker 1: If you didn't catch the catch his transaction, you're not alone. I didn't realize he had moved. But he is over in Baltimore. Triple A seventy one games, nineteen them runs two stone bases. He's hitting two sixty six three or four five forty four. You know, as somebody who was once an interest to us in the fantasy landscape, are you any do you have any interest.
Speaker 2: In him now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you know one place that a once failed prospect goes that's gonna definitely help him as a Baltimore They're they're numerous prospects that we're still waiting on. Maybe, you know, maybe after Dylan Bieber's and Kobe Mayo catch on. Christian Carci Strand can get on that shuttle, shuttle to h fantasy value. I think Christian and Garcia Strands. Let me see what his minor league numbers. Oh okay, So I clicked the minor league numbers to pop up, and my my browsers pinwheel is going. It's it's taken a little while for all the minor league numbers to propagate here. Okay, so now that the minor league numbers are now up, hold on, let me let me scroll up, give me, give me a minute. Hold on, still scrolling, still scrolling. Okay, we're here. Yeah, I mean he's you know, maybe Christian Garcia Strand could win in MVP in the KBO potentially, I mean I could, I could see that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you never know. I guess guys could catch on later, uh, you know a little bit of post prospect hype possibly at some point. But right now, I mean, unless you see something from in Garcion Strand, there's no reason to pick him up. And even I would say, even in I don't even know if he's rosterbull and Ale only leagues at at this point, I mean you have to see something. I mean, he doesn't even have he doesn't even really have playing time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing is, I mean he's really like his stats are still good whenever he's in the miners. Unfortunately, I mean, he's always in the miners.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And there's clearly I mean as crazy as you know, as as crazy making as it was for those years when he was in Cincinnati, and I would be like, why don't they I mean, at this point, you gotta figure the league has decided that he's a quad A player. So I don't know if I don't know if he's ever gonna play. I mean, you know, Uh, in just a half a season of the minor leagues this year, he hit nineteen homers. I mean, so he clearly doesn't need to be in the minors. But I don't think anyone thinks he can hit in the majors. So unfortunately, I don't. I don't think he's worthwhile in really any league outside of maybe a flyer and an ale only. But that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he did that nineteen home runs with a thirty point six percent strikeout rate in Triple A as a twenty six year old Gray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's KBO baby. We call that the old KBO and a future MVP at the KBO level, don't I don't know, man, Yeah, thirty at twenty six years old. If you have a thirty percent strike out right, you either you need like you need to go to Max Monthsey's warby Parker and try and get new glasses, or it might it may not be working for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there there may be something that he needs to adjust, something to monitor. Just wanted to bring him back up because it was more funny to me to see his name, and then there's anything. Owen Murphy was called up by the Braves. He has two relief appearances, one short start you know this is more if he gets a shot in the rotation are you interested?
Speaker 2: Type of thing? Ray and sixty innings and triple A.
Speaker 1: He had a three eight eight you'r aa one eight with twenty seven percent strekout rate and eleven percent walk rate.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts here on Olden Murphy?
Speaker 3: No, really, I mean I think he was already sent back down. If he gets called back up, maybe for a fifteen team mixed league if he gets a good matchup. So like a streamer in a fifteen team mix league, and uh, you know, obvious interest in n now only if he gets called back up. But I think he was very sent down, So yeah, I don't think there's anything really there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like if they do need a fifth starter, it would be j R. Richie, you know, first, give them the first opportunity. Uh, your boy, our boy, Didier flint Sez is still in the in the bullpen as well, so they do have a couple options already.
Speaker 2: Up on the major league roster.
Speaker 1: Potentially, Let's go ahead and do some first half of prolatives.
Speaker 2: Give some awards away.
Speaker 3: Gray.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the MVP spot and by value, because we can obviously go out and look at the player raider and see how good James would and Jacob z Rowski were in the first half. But by value, who is your MVP?
Speaker 2: Gray? Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, I would have to say, uh, you know, I guess Jordan Walker, right because I feel like he was He was probably drafted at you know, roughly the last round of twelve team mix leagues around at least like two twenty overall. I would say, and then for you know, any like if you're if he's getting drafted like you know, in the last rounds of a twelve team mix league, and then like you figure as a fifth outfielder in a fifteen team mix league. You know, like say like three hundred ish overall. I mean there's not that's like, you know, if you can get a guy at three hundred overall and have a top five season, I mean I think you're you know, Jordan Walker is gonna be It's gonna be hard for Jordan Walker to not be the Fantasy MVP for the year, considering where he was drafted. Even like you know, knock on wood, nothing bad happens, but even if he takes the second half off, he's already given more value than you could have ever expected. So I'll say Jordan Walker for MVP for value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a pretty clear award.
Speaker 1: Honorable mention to Otto Lopez, he wasn't drafted as late as Jordan Walker, but certainly deserving of the war our NL only Gray.
Speaker 2: I remember I was on Jordan Walker.
Speaker 1: He went for seven dollars, which was one more than I was going to go on him. That's felt crazy to go seven even I was like, why is anybody bidding against me?
Speaker 2: At seven dollars on Jordan Walker.
Speaker 1: I really really wish I had spent the extra dollar on on Jordan Walker. That would have that have drastically helped my team kind of just pick up a little bit of the you know, little slack here as I'm I'm still top three in that week's not too worried, But yes, Jordan Walker.
Speaker 2: Has been a monster. Gray.
Speaker 1: All right, Gray, let's move on to least valuable Player. We don't have to worry about draft cost here because well, that's that's baked into the least valuable part of this award. There are plenty of candidates. Some of my fantasy teams can't attest to that who is your least valuable player this year?
Speaker 3: So one guy, I was like, I was totally out on I was. I was actually I felt a little bit like the price for him was so absurd that I was not only out on him, but I also I didn't even write an overrated post other than I mentioned in a few posts like don't draft them because it's insane to draft him. But I feel like you can't get much worse than cal Raley. He was. He's I mean, he's barely in the top four hundred on the Player Raider and he was going in like the top twenty five overall. Lea, It's just awful. I mean not I mean, there is injury, but there's also even when he's not been injured and he's been on the field, it's like he's hitting one sixty three as of the recording of this. It's awful. It's it's barely rosterable really.
Speaker 1: It's it's been pretty bad. I would uh honorable mention a few guys here. Obviously, Mookie Betts has been just horrendous. He just has not done anything for you this year. Along with Kyle Tucker and Vlad they've both been very disappointing considering where you drafted.
Speaker 2: Him and the expectations for them coming to the season.
Speaker 3: You know. Also with the with cal Raleigh, I feel like this is a thing that I've mentioned this before, and it was in relation I think to uh Aaron Judge when he was going uh for the al home run record, which is a silly record, but anyway, when Avery Judge was going for and they brought in like the bouncy balls. I feel like with Cal Rowley, like he definitely I mean, he was definitely good. Last year for most of the year, but at a certain point, I feel like they brought in new balls for him. There's no way, there's no way he like because like I just opened up his player page just to remind myself of like what he did last year, and like sixty homers. It's just absurd that he hit sixty last year. It's like, I mean, he's he's definitely a home run hitter, but he's like a thirty to forty home run guy. Like sixty homers last year, like man Man was that that was just such an absurd year from him. And the fact that people got people bought in at like the full cost. I actually think, you know, with cal Rawley specifically, I feel like there was a little bit like I wonder how many people who rostered cal Rawley last year and got all that basically for free. I wonder how many of those people got in again this year at cost, because I feel like there was a bunch of people who were like, oh, you know, I I was playing with house money because I you know, I got sixty homers for free basically last year, so this year I'll pay the top twenty five price. And also like and just you know, it's like I I, you know, I'm paying the price for last year this year. And I also think that they still had in their like it was still like in their psyche to be like, oh, you know, I sixty homers like that was so great, Like they were still feeling the effects of that cal Raley being so good. Otherwise, I mean there's some we were the psychosis going on with someone who's drafted cal Rawley in the top twenty five, I mean that was it was really like, honestly, his ADP was so nuts. I was like, I don't even have to reign over rated post for this guy. This is so crazy. There's no way he should be drafted here, Like it's so crazy. But I but even with all that said, I didn't expect Calra to be this bad.
Speaker 2: So there's that, No, I don't think anybody did.
Speaker 1: The injuries have certainly not helped with him definitely missed some games and questionable about whether he's healthy still.
Speaker 2: But it's just a.
Speaker 1: Really hard position to be good at season overseason, and you know, career years happened.
Speaker 2: That's that's what happened.
Speaker 1: They create Career year happened, And congratulations for him on that career year. But yeah, I don't think either of us expected that to happen. Let's move on great to a more happy topic, and that is Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is taking home these awards?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 2: Who are you giving not? Who's taking home at the end of the year. Who are you giving it to at the break?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I would say probably. Uh. I want to still say more comedy, because he was just so good and then he got injured, so he missed some time. But when he was actually playing, so assuming you weren't in too deep of a league where you could have gotten more where you could have filled in for more comedy when he was injured, like the the the per game, more comedy was so good and south Stewart's actually been really good too, if I guess he has a rookie eligibility, right, Yeah, yeah, So I don't know, more comedy south Stewart come to mind. I you know, I like Kevin McGonagall a lot, but and him and JJ weatherhold, I mean, they're both very good, but I don't know, I don't know either of them really eclipsed south Stewart in more comedy at least more commedy when he was you know, healthy, yeah.
Speaker 2: Healthy more comedy was absolute monster.
Speaker 1: I hope he's back to that when he since he's returned, and then on the.
Speaker 2: South Sewarts South South Stewart side.
Speaker 1: If he wasn't on the Reds, I feel like he would be kind of the front runner for this award. But just beat on the Reds has heard him because they have been absolutely terrible this year, and and it's hurting his numbers, and it's hurting his chance at the award. Is nobody's watching him? Let's move on to Breakout Gray. There's again plenty of choices here for Breakout. Let's let's remove Jordan Walker from this, since he's already got an award.
Speaker 2: Who else deserves this?
Speaker 3: I would have to say absolutely, Miguel Vargas. I think it was you know, there was a I mean, Miguel Vargas for me, has eliminated any thought I had that the Dodgers were doing something funny with their prospect grades. I think for a while there I was convinced that the Dodgers were paying off prospect writers to boost up their prospect grades so they could trade them. But yeah, Miguel, I mean Miguel Vargas has been great. He's absolutely I feel like he's he is the stereotypical breakout. Like it was like he wasn't he wasn't great. I mean he was pretty bad actually, and then he slowly started to come around last year and this year it's like the full on breakout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's looked he's looked great, great, twenty one home runs, eleven stone bases. He's hitting two forty five, three five, four ninety. The k raid is the best of his career, the walk rates the best of his career. Average ex will also be hard hit. Everything is the best of his career. Everything looks great there, and if anything, he's gotten a little unlucky with a two forty five babbit, so the average could actually still come up a little bit for him.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to bounce back player Gray. There's again a number of options here.
Speaker 1: I mean, we could we could even potentially throw in like James Wooden PCA, just because they had to bounce back from their absolutely awful second halfs that we.
Speaker 2: Were worried about. But who are you giving this award two?
Speaker 3: It's uh, let's not claim victory yet with James Wood and PCA in their second half.
Speaker 2: They could be they could be opposite Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, let's let's get through the second half with them still being good before we start patting each other on the back.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Bounce back feels like absolutely yord on it. Alvarez like he was, you know, one of the worst picks I made last year and then one of the one of the best picks for someone else this year. It wasn't me, unfortunately. I mean I would have loved it again, you were Don Alvarez. I didn't draft him, but I would have loved to I. Yeah, I mean I feel like you're on Alvarez for sure. As uh, probably the biggest bounce back maybe, Yeah, I mean I don't know. I guess Brian Reynolds. As you know, my new favorite player, Brian Reynolds. I mean, he's he has been good this year, but you're on. I think it takes that bounce back big time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Brian Reynolds had kind of been left for dead after last season, or at least at least on my end, he was not that I was ever a huge fan of his, But yes, it looks much better I will throw out another person who I'm you know. Still I still don't know if I fully believe it, but I have to at this point because I just traded for him, and that is Luis Starcia Junior.
Speaker 7: Gray.
Speaker 1: He's, you know, after a disappointing season last year, he has bounced back. He's said more home runs in the first half than he ever has in his career so or in any season of his career so far.
Speaker 2: So he's looked great this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Yeah, I mean, I'm a long time lou Gajju proponent fan of I wonder if, Yeah, I guess he is a bounce back. I mean that's fair because I was going to say, is he a bounce back or is he just a breakout? But he I mean I did write a sleeper post for him, I think two years ago, and he had a nearly a twenty twenty season, So yeah, I guess he is a bounce back because he did. He did have a solid seats in twenty four and then a bit of a letdown in twenty five and now he's back, So yeah, I'll say bounce back.
Speaker 2: Sure, all right.
Speaker 1: Now, Gray, a little bit of a redemption for us.
Speaker 2: How about it?
Speaker 1: I told you so a Ward, who's somebody you've told everybody to draft or everybody to avoid, and you're just gonna take a little time for yourself right now.
Speaker 3: I mean I told I told everyone to avoid Mookie Bets. I mean, I remember I wrote a I wrote a whole post about it. I said, don't draft Mookie Bets, uh, because he looked pretty bad last year and he didn't look like he was getting better. Also, you know what's interesting, So okay, so Mookie, I'll take Mookie Bets as my I told youself. But you know it's also pretty humorous, is I mean? I know that there's so few meaningful things going on in spring I understand why it happens. But no matter how many times it happens, you'll get people who will just run with narratives and they'll be like, oh, Mookie Betts is you know he was he said he was hurt last year, he's healthy this year, he's looking good in March at spring training, you know he's gonna be good. And so that was completely crazy and wrong. But you know what, also, I didn't realize I wrote this actually in my uh, in my top one hundred for the second half. I had a screenshot of this, the fact that Jordan Walker his spring training was so awful, and yet so people still are like, yeah, spring training, Uh, you know it's good to look at like you know, uh if a guy's making better contact or it's like, it's such nonsense. I don't know why I'm on this topic, but anyway, I told you so, Mookie Bets, it's just yeah, I mean, I I guess I'll take Mookie. I'll take the victory lap on the obvious Mookie Bets is not good anymore and Ford and sadly, I mean, I you know, I wouldn't. I'm not against Mookie Bets having a bounce back, but it doesn't look like it's happening.
Speaker 1: No, And somebody who did have that that old age bounce back. And then I want to know part of this year was George Springer. So that I'll take cam as Miny. I told you so. I feel like that was a pretty obvious one. So if that doesn't count, I'll go on the positive side. Just to give some more positive lighted here cj Abrams. I feel like I had him ranked higherly Since this got some pushback from some of our commentars listeners, and uh yeah, C j Abrams is awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know why anybody doesn't love him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm I've been on cj Abrams. I don't know if I don't know if I really was like it was like I was no true, no Tree, no Tree dumbass, no Strae dumbass or what. But I I just stepped in it. Like in the preseason in one of my leagues, like I drafted. I mean, it's like it's too early to be taking victory laps here, so I feel like I'm jinxing myself. But like I drafted a bunch of Washington Nationals in the NL only League, and I mean they like Curtis Med, cj Abrams, James, like these guys. I don't know. I feel like I'm I'm jinxing myself now, So won't we won't say anything else, but yeah, C James. C j Abrams was a guy who I felt like was underrated as well. So I'll let you have that. I told you so, but I was there with you. I also like meet some cj Abrams.
Speaker 1: I mean the guy coming off essentially back to back twenty thirty seasons and getting respect. It felt a little little too Rodney Dangerfield. Let's let's give a little mayakopa right now. I was wrong with Ward because you know we have those two.
Speaker 3: I was, you know what, I was wrong about everything else. I didn't mention literally wrong. But probably my biggest regrets are probably me not me thinking Vinnie Pascatino could build on his second half last year was a big time oops. I really, I really, I mean talk about and then talk about like seeing what you want to see. I saw him in like the World Baseball Classic, and I was like, yeah, man, like yeah, yeah, this is great. I mean, man, it's just like World Baseball Classic and Spring Training just throw out all that. I don't pay any attention to it. So yeah, Vinnie Pascatina, you know, really got me. Uh and on the on a positive one, A guy who ended up being positive who I thought was gonna be bad was. I mean, I can't, I can no longer say U Yama Moto is not a good picture. It's just like he's just completely lights out, like you know, every time he's out there. So I yeah, I was wrong on Yama Moto, and I was definitely wrong on Vinnie Pascatino, and I was probably wrong in other guys to be honest.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean we both have plenty.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if we hit fifty on our calls, we're we're doing pretty well. Gray, I will I will take the mankopa for Wyatt Langford, even though he did get injured. So a little bit of forgiveness on my side.
Speaker 2: He was not he was not doing what I thought he could.
Speaker 1: And also Luke Keishall, who I should have I should have trusted the numbers. The number said, he's probably a little unlucky. He doesn't really hit the ball that hard, but that's kind of what middle INFI middle infield looks like. And so I was like, yeah, he's gonna be good, and he wasn't. Lukeishall was not good. So I apologize for anybody who listened to me on that one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, well I was wrong on Luke Keishall as well. And unfortunately I'll probably be out on him next year when he's good. So here's a here's a preemptory I was wrong about for next year, I'll be rolling again on Luke Keishall.
Speaker 2: Probably he'll go to drive line.
Speaker 1: Gray and He'll get everything figured out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually so did. Were you out on James Wood this year?
Speaker 1: I was because of again ignoring what happens before the season starts, like in spring training in the World Baseball Classic, he was still having just terrible, terrible strikeout issues up in his own and could not stop swinging at them. And I was like, you know, it's tough for me that I'm just gonna like, I'm gonna drop him a few spots in my ranks. And that was dumb. That was really dumb to drop James what it all in my ranks?
Speaker 3: Well, I hope, I hope in the second half he continues to prove you wrong, because I'm still I'm still holding my breath, to be honest, I don't know, man, I have until until we get to September and he's hitting. Well, I'm still like, please please.
Speaker 2: Stay together. You can always train him for Julio Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: Grag.
Speaker 2: I mean, that feels like a good move.
Speaker 3: There's a no brainer.
Speaker 1: All right, Great, let's give the people some advice here, some top by lows for the second half.
Speaker 2: Who do you have?
Speaker 3: It looks like Fernando Tatis Junior's starting to pick it up a little bit with the home run in the last two games. Actually you had to slam and leg last two games a homer and a steel on Saturday and Sunday. So yeah, maybe him. I mentioned last week who my Manny Machada was one of my biggest bylows. And also on the pitching side, Matthew Boyd is a big buy low for me. I think if if if you can get Matthew Boyd at just at cost even, I think you'll be I think you're gonna be pretty happy with that. I let's see, I don't you know. I also feel like there's a potential for some of like you know, like if you could I don't know, I mean if you could buy like some of the guys who have actually done well and you know, just buy them at cost, like because if a guy's done well already, you know, like okay, so I'm thinking of like you know, after today's game, Hunter Goodman might not be so easy because he just hit three homers, so you know, it might be too late on that. But like other guys who have you know, done well so far this year, like you know, Jordan Walker, who he mentioned, like you know, I mean, I believe in the breakout. So if you could buy high on guys, I mean just do whatever you can really to, you know, try and secure the championship. I uh, but buy low specifically, I would probably say Tatis, Machado and Boyd are like two of my highs actually, and Gavin Williams feels like a nice by low, uh because his e array is a little high, but his peripherals look pretty good. So Gavin Williams is another one. Yeah, I mean that's that's a few names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to Gavin Williams call. I had Tatis on my list as well. I think Nko Horner like he's pretty much much done what you expect from Nico Horner and is just you know a little bit lacking on the county numbers.
Speaker 2: The average is down a little bit along with the babbit.
Speaker 1: So I really feel like Nico Horner can just be himself in the second half, and you know, that's gonna be a pretty good value for what people are probably willing to trade.
Speaker 2: Him for another one.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can actually get him out of value, but somebody I'm fully willing to buy hi on, as you're saying, is Chase the water. Uh, you know, he had the injury, but ever anytime he's been healthy and in playing, he looks phenomenal. He would absolutely be in the Rookie of the Year conversation if he didn't have the injury.
Speaker 2: And then there's always like Loronald.
Speaker 1: Lacunia Junior, like go trade for a guy who was injured and see if he gets it back together.
Speaker 2: Especially if you're kind.
Speaker 1: Of hanging a little bit more midpack or low pack and you're trying to try to make a big move, sometimes the best way to do that is just take a gamble the guy and see if they can regain their form.
Speaker 2: But they've they've shown Hi, Grace, I'm so highs. Who are you trying to move?
Speaker 3: So I think, uh, you know, I said in uh Fridays by Cell, I was saying that Max Meyer probably is like one of the bigger cell Highs. I think him. You know, after his start this weekend, maybe that becomes a little bit more difficult because you know, I think he only threw like three innings and before the start, the Marlins were already saying that they were gonna start looking at capping his innings. So yeah, I mean Max Meyer might not be sellable anymore, but if you can, I think you should move on. Uh, Chase Burns looks like a big time cell. I you know also said, uh, Zach Nido was Neto was uh you know, probably like striking out way too much for you know, his his strikeouts are way too high for what the for the player he is. Uh? So I you know, I I think probably those are some names. Oh Altuve, I also had him as a cell. I think he actually homered today on Sunday. So if you can use that to sell him, I would do it. Because Altuve does not look good anymore. He's no, he's no longer the player that he once was. So yeah, yeah, I think those are some names for you.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly what they argue. Those are some names for us. I appreciate that so.
Speaker 3: High for me.
Speaker 1: I know you said under Goodman earlier. I'm actually gonna say, anybody who primarily plays catcher, so like a Trais Dingler, Shay Goodman, they get some time outside of catcher, but they primarily play catcher, I would potentially look at moving them again. Just the full grind of a season at catcher can be difficult, and I think you can get a lot of good value out of them. Riley Green high Babbit's He's a good player.
Speaker 2: There's there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: I just think the numbers are a little high for him, and Detroit may just give up at some point because they're terrible, and they may just start shipping out everybody who's not young from their team. So there's a chance that like one of his best you know stats for you county numbers may drop dramatically if the team just kind of gives up on him. And then I'm also gonna throw Atto Lopez in here. He's had a great season, you know, everything is looking good for him, and a little bit of bias and then.
Speaker 2: I just traded him away.
Speaker 1: But three seventy babbit on a three thirty five average feels lucky, even if this is a breakout, which if to some extent feels like there's a small breakout.
Speaker 2: He's definitely swinging a little bit, a little bit harder, hitting.
Speaker 1: The ball a little bit harder, But three point thirty five feels excessive, and I don't necessarily see him going like, you know, fifteen twenty in the second half. So the upside's a little limited to in my opinion, and of course Paul Goldman just to throw in an old person, I have to bury an old person in any of these lists. Gray Paul Goldschman is been beyond lucky. He's I mean.
Speaker 2: He's seen it two fifty five or fifty home runs.
Speaker 1: It's not great to begin with, but if anybody in the league values him, I.
Speaker 2: Would definitely move on.
Speaker 1: He's not hitting the ball hard, he's getting incredibly lucky. Just take whatever value you can get for any bold predictions. Great for the second half. You want to throw ound here?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure, you know. I love me some dominant can zone. You know, like you look at Dominic I'm surprised actually more people aren't looking at Dominic canzone because I you look at stackcash, you look at like the top exit velosies, the guys who hit like the best barrels per played appearance of the guys who are the guys who are just making the best contact, and you have like 're it on James Wood, Aaron Judge, Mike Trout, Dominic canzone like that. It's like that, that's across like so many different like quote unquote good hitter stats. So you know, I feel like Dominic Canzone's gonna h etch his name and like, uh, you know people's minds for fantasy, where like he's gonna he's gonna have that breakout second half that has been promised Canzone. I, I obviously need to have like one excite I have to be excited about one Italian for some reason, Jake cagleone. I'll be excited about two Italians now, I'll leave cagleone for you. I you know. I also I feel like for the second half, another guy who is really was stunning how good he hits the ball was Jonathan Aaronauta. I don't know because he doesn't steal at all, like literally zero speed, So I don't know how much Aaronauto Aaronatta is going to be able to for fantasy, really be able to break out because of the lack of speed, which is a shame, because like he does have good power and he's like neutrally a two eighty hitter, so neutrallly like a twenty five home er two eighty hitter, which is really I mean it's I feel like Jonathan Arenada is probably pound for pound, one of the top hitting first basemen, unfortunately not one of the top fantasy first basemen because of the no steals thing, but I mean he does he does hit the ball really well. And then finally, I'll say Francisco Alvarez. I know I've been beating this trump for a while now, but I do think he potentially could have a top like three to five catcher second half with his power. I think he could legitimately hit fifteen to twenty homers in the second half as a catcher. So I like Francisco Alvarez a lot as long as he stays on the field, which you know, the Mets in his track record, not necessarily gonna happen, uh for sure, but I think he's got good potential. So Francisco Alvarez, Jonathan are Aranda, and Dominic Can Zone.
Speaker 2: You got it right the last time Gray you stopped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. I appreciate you acknowledging my correction in in in the in the right at the end there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like all those calls.
Speaker 1: Great, Uh can Zone can if anybody can Canzone can?
Speaker 2: He does hit the ball just incredibly hard.
Speaker 1: Aronda, we could we could just rewind back the preseason and playing back. But I told you about him, and that's pretty much what you just told everybody again. So yeah, I like, I like these guys that you have here. Jack Caggs in the second half, He's gonna become who we thought he was. He absolutely destroys ball. We were just talking about can Zone and Mironda. Uh Paglion is actually above those guys, like he is absolutely destroying baseballs. Just needs to stay healthy and it's starting the show, which why. I don't know if you can necessarily get him for any kind of discount, but I think even paying kind of full price is worth it. Samuel Bassalo also on that hard hitting group. I don't know if the average is gonna come around this season, but he is absolutely destroying the ball. But I could see a little breakout coming as there's no reason he shouldn't be playing every day for Baltimore.
Speaker 2: And on the pitching side, I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go on a little bit edge here and say that all three of the Texas Rangers top arms are gonna finish his top twenty pitchers in the second half. Gray So that is, of course, Jacob de Gram, Athany Evoldi, and Mackenzie Gore. They have all three been great this season and all three been a bit unlucky.
Speaker 2: So with a little bit of turnaround Kenzie Gore.
Speaker 1: Especially on the home run sid actually all of them kind of on the home run side, I think I think they could all be really phenomenal for the second half. So looking at those guys to have a nice bounce back. Let's segn off it upgrade. Not a whole lot this week, as we didn't have a lot of games, but let's talk about a few places. There might be some stuff over in my Cubs bullpen. Trent Thornton and Jacob Webb. We talked about this last week. Do you have any feelings one way or the other?
Speaker 3: No, but I'll say Jacob web Okay.
Speaker 2: We're in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Mason Montgomery, Greg Grisoto, maybe Johann Ramirez.
Speaker 2: Any feeling here.
Speaker 3: I would like Mason Montgomery, but I don't know if it's more that I want Mason Montgomery. I don't know if he's necessarily gonna get this I think unfortunately. I mean, the Pirates are just such a disaster when it comes to actually going out and trading for players. I wish they would get erall this or or somebody in there, But I don't know if they are. I don't know if they're gonna do it, so i'd say I guess Mason Montgomery, but no faith in that. Potentially I guess greg Risoto potentially could get the job back. But yeah, it's a mess. I mean, they're they're bleeding. Their bullpen is just so bad. Unfortunately, it's just like because I mean, the offense is good, the starting pitching is good. To actually a second half bold prediction, Jared Jones breaks out and becomes the pitcher we thought he would be. Uh, so there's a bonus one. But the pirates pen is just so bad. Anyway, I guess Masonntgomery.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then in Baltimore Gray, anybody you liked in this bullpeddon, No.
Speaker 3: I would say kit Rich or Wells, I guess, but yeah, I don't really like them, but I mean someone's got to get saved. I guess kit Rich, I kitt Rich or Wells. I don't know if I have one really that much more than another. I think I guess Tyler Wells maybe sixty forty over kit Rich, but pretty close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if it's one way or the other necessarily for me either, I feel like it's just a little bit of a flip of a coin on who gets the ninth in any given day.
Speaker 2: Why don't you give the people some way of war bats Gray.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, Well, there hasn't been that many games, so it's hard to say too many guys are actually hot, but I'll do my best. Andres Andre Shapiro Chaparo, Schaparo. I'm sure I'm saying that correctly. He's been hot, even though I kind of just want Curtis me to to play every day. But yeah, Schapiro has been hot. Griffin Conine NEPO baby Griffin Conine has been hot in Miami. Lane Thomas been hot for the Royals. Brandon Montgomery finally starting to click for the White Sox. Jose Trevino hit two homers the other day. I guess that's hot. Tyler Stevenson hit two homers today. I guess that's hot.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Actually they were both in cores, so you know what, forget them. Stephen Kwan's been hot. Leodi Tavaris has been hot, Joey Ortiz, Nick Gonzalez, ty France, Jock Peterson, Henry Davis, Cole Young, Oh, Cole Young's actually Cole Young has been very hot. I would grab him, uh, and Harry Ford new Nationals. I guess we could have talked about him. Actually, the Nationals called up Harry Ford and he's been you know a little bit hot. I guess, uh, he's probably playing behind k Bert Ruiz though, so you know, I wouldn't go too crazy about picking them up. And then finally I'll say Tim Tawah has been hot. I'm saying that name correctly as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, Gray, I think you're pretty close on all those names for sure.
Speaker 2: For no questions need to be asked about those.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to some streaming options. Gray, there's actually a decent amount of options this week. Although I will say mid July, post All Star Break, it seems like they've also thrown the bouncy balls back in so stream at your own peril at this time of year, if I'm if I'm being completely honest, but I'm gonna give you the names anyways, Brandon fat at Saint Louis, Brady Singer at Seattle, Grant Holmes at Baltimore. That's about the three names that I trust on this list. By the way, Brandon sprote versus the Mats, Ryan Johnson at San Francisco, Lander Ralph at Kansas City, Rinaldo Lopez versus the Padres, Colin Ree versus the Tigers, Eric Fetti at Texas, Meryl Kelly versus the Athletics, Anthony k at Texas, Kyler Maylee at Kansas City, Slade Sisoni at the Twins in Javier asad versus Detroit. Maybe getting a two start week at Pittsburgh, just depending on how the rotation shakes out there.
Speaker 2: But there are some options for you on the streaming side.
Speaker 1: If you have more questions, you can find us on YouTube dot com slash Rasball Fantasy. You can find us on x I Am at rasbet on Gray is at Rasball, or you can find us on the comments section on rasball dot com. May you set your lineups perfect and start great, start gaining on your standings. Till next week, I will talk to you later.
Speaker 3: See you, lates,