Speaker 1: Twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: This year, I had met Bobby Hamilton from the GCBO of the year before, and we're at this piece of property in Polk County, Texas that there have been some activity he was investigating.
Speaker 1: He said, we know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're just gonnasider here on a campfire and listened tonight about ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: We hear this.
Speaker 2: Type sound moan off to like, you know, be like oh like to the left of the campfire. And then about midnight it was directly in front of us, and it had circled us almost perfectly.
Speaker 1: By about two or three am, four o'clock, we had to leave.
Speaker 2: Bobby had to go somewhere. We had to go somewhere. We had two hours to drive home. Bobby had an hour to drive home. We put all our gear up, our guns up, our lights up, and then all heilbron loose.
Speaker 1: This thing started growling.
Speaker 2: Guttural, deep growls, and my dad, who was there with me, literally grabbed me and he goes, that's what we heard when you're a little kid.
Speaker 1: It was the same sound we had heard when.
Speaker 2: I was little kid, and at that moment I knew that whatever this was was a real thing.
Speaker 3: I would like to welcome Chester to the show. Chester Man, thanks for joining me, Chester Moore. You have been in the same circles as me forever. I actually remember, at least I think I do. I think it was the second annual Jefferson Bigfoot Conference meeting you and your father. Yep, me and dad.
Speaker 2: My dad was definitely when he was alive. He was always with me at those events.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is he the one that kind of got you into the whole bigfoot thing?
Speaker 2: You know, I think we probably got into it together, you know, I was a little kid. I mean, I guess he did, because he showed me the Argacy magazine with the Patterson Gimwin pictures in it. Yeah, and that's that's my first memory of uh. He had had you know, at that point it had been out for five or six years, seven years or whatever, but he had a copy of it and he had got and showed me. And that's my first real life bigfoot memory.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So Dad probably was. Dad was probably the blame. You know.
Speaker 3: Now, you're all over the place whenever it comes to just wildlife, wildlife, conservation journalism. A man of many hats, let's I kind of you know, cheated and went on your Facebook and was looking at the different things you've got. The co founder of the King Dam Zoo Wildlife Center, which.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: Seems like a really awesome thing. We'll talk about that in a second. Editor in chief of Texas Fishing Game Magazine, founder of Higher Calling Wildlife and Gulf Great White Sharks. Something else we're going to talk about. And of course the host and creator of Dark Outdoors podcast Yeah.
Speaker 2: Baby and going weekly on February twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: With that one.
Speaker 2: So I do wear many bandanas or beanies pretty much.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Man, being down in Texas and everything, I've never seen you wearing the customary crinkled up black leather cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: Well here's a funny story. My good friends Lyle and Ken both have that style. I never had the leather one, but I did wear like a black like kind of a weird material cowboy hat back in the day in my band early days in my band Freak thirteen, and I just kind of abandoned it because I ended up wearing a bandanna or something or whatever.
Speaker 1: And so even even I have a black cowboy hat tie into my good friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's mandatory, especially done there in Texas.
Speaker 1: He handles out at birth, the Marco sasquatch guy. They handles out at birth in Texas.
Speaker 3: So first off, Kingdom Zoo Wildlife Center. I went and checked out the website for that. It sounds like an awesome thing. Man, Do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, so me and my wife Lisa.
Speaker 2: Our mission is to bring the love of Christ to hurting children through wildlife encounters. You know, encounters of wildlife can be a very exciting and therapeutic and kind of what happens is if a kid has a trauma, a diagnosis or something, they think that life will never get better than when they got that diagnosis, or that abuse event happened, or that loss happens. So we find kids that are going through stuff that love animals and we give them wildlife encounters. We have a number of small exotics here at our facility, like the quad Mundy and the kinkajew and snakes and tortoises and cool stuff.
Speaker 1: And we're not open to the public.
Speaker 2: When the gate shuts here, I tell the kids the public can't come in.
Speaker 1: This is just for you.
Speaker 2: And we've been doing that for thirteen years this year, and we also do like we also go out and you know, if they have a favorite animal they want to meet somewhere, we'll take kid to meet that. So we've done everything from kids getting to play with white lion cubs oh wow, yeah, pretty amazing wolf encounters to kids meeting elephants and you know, you name it.
Speaker 1: And then we have a branch of.
Speaker 2: That higher calling wildlife that is like expeditions for kids in the same categories. We've been doing those out of Estes Park, Colorado did them and Yellowstone last year's Smoky Mountains in the Everglades.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Man. You're not just interested in wildlife, obviously, it's this is truly a passion of yours and always has been. What ignited that passion for you? How did that all get started?
Speaker 2: That's really a great question because you know, I don't really never really try to figure out when that. I don't have a memory, I don't have a time frame in my life when I can't think that I was obsessed with wildlife.
Speaker 1: You know, I just remember growing up, you know, like hunting.
Speaker 2: And fishing with my dad, right and then reading outdoor magazines and then watching Mutual Lamaha's Wild Kingdom on television Jacques Coustelle Ocean Specials.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Seeing Jaws really lit fire in me in a lot of ways. And I was always reading animal books at the library, and I just always loved the idea of encountering these wild, amazing creatures out there. And somehow, by the grace of God and a lot of hard work, I'm managed to covel together a career doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so awesome, man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I grew up kind of in an outdoorsman sportsman family myself. I was actually raised by my great grandparents, and so my great grandfather had literally, you know, lived off the land growing up. And wow, you know, we were always out fishing and stuff, and I learned a lot from that. And like you're saying, uh, joqu Cousteau, Wild Kingdom, Uh, Wild America was another big one, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Marty South. I got to interview Marty. I got to interview Marty Stalf for like three times.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's awesome, which was.
Speaker 2: Incredible, super nice guy. Also got to interview Jim Fowler before he passed away, uh, which was from Wild Kingdom, which was like I almost cried. I mean it was so powerful getting to talk to that guy. So, you know, those were all just really cool things, you know. You know it's funny like I think my love wearing beanies in cool weather is Jacque Gusteau. Yeah, but I'm not a cool French guy, so I can't pull off red. So I'd to go to the metal version, do black.
Speaker 3: You know, Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. There you go. You know, crazy story my uncle. I actually found out eventually. I'd been into bigfoot for a while before my uncle ever approached me. And it was on Thanksgiving one day, you know, family get together, and he came up to me. I was like, so I hear you're into bigfoot and I was like yeah, and he said, you know I used to go out looking for bigfoot and wow, I'm like, how did I not know that about my uncle? You know? And uh, sure, he was stationed in the Navy whenever I was young, up in the Pacific Northwest, and so I know he went out a little bit there. I actually haven't talked to him a lot about it, but he said that he actually went out on a bigfoot expedition with Jim Fowler.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what he told you straight up.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it gets cooler than that.
Speaker 3: It can't. It can't. I mean, look, they did do a Yetty special, you know, Marlon Perkins, and so it was like, well, I mean, I guess it's possible, but that's crazy, you know. Uh so, yeah, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Only thing that would get to that level would be in a shark cage with Cousteau.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be about it.
Speaker 3: That would be nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of sharks, uh yeah, always been in the sharks as a youngster myself, seeing Jaws, just like you're saying. I actually did a science fair project on sharks back in elementary school.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 3: Great Whites in the Gulf. I know there's been a couple of sightings off of Florida. Has there ever been anything off the coast of Texas?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, brother, So go to Gulf Great Whites dot com. That's my shameless plug in my blog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So ty years ago this year, just twenty years ago, a friend of mine who was a charter captain, a young charter captain. We're both young in our career doing this, and he I knew he.
Speaker 1: Had a satellite phone. I knew he's fishing that they called me from satellite phone. He was offshore fifty.
Speaker 2: Think that maybe fifty three miles out of Sabine Pass here in the Texas louisian A border. And he goes, Dude, what's the difference between a great white and a mako's teeth? And I go A mako's all jangly and a great white's the perfect triangles.
Speaker 1: And they got quiet.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'm looking at a great white about fifteen feet long behind.
Speaker 1: The boat here out of Sabine Pass.
Speaker 2: And when he pulled up to this rig, all the workers on the rig were pointing down giant shark, and he couldn't see it at first, and eventually it hung around the boat for a few minutes, as they tend to do sometimes. And I started digging into white shark reports in the golf and wrote an article for Tide magazine that year's a little controversial and.
Speaker 1: There are no great wits in the gold or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I had record Noah who had longline evidence of off the Gulf side of Florida, and I had some newspaper report from the nineteen fifty in Porta, Ransas, Texas. And then a group put o search in probably around twenty fourteen or so, I started putting satellite transmitters in great whites.
Speaker 1: They caught off the Atlantic coast.
Speaker 2: And voila, they started popping up around Panama City, Florida, Pensacola, and then amazingly kind of the game changer was last February twenty sixth of twenty twenty four, a twenty six hundred pounds great white named Leebeth, tagged by the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy and a guy named Captain Chapsonship Michael Love off the coast South Carolina, showed up one hundred yards from the beach at South Padre Island, Texas.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: She was only tagged December eight, twenty three, so she came all the way across the Gulf, then went down in New Mexico, made a trip all all the Texas coast. And my buddy who saw that white shark at that point nineteen years earlier, I told him about the shark and Texas downloaded the shark tivity out that's the Atlantic White Shark conservaty app. And he beat me too, and he texted me one morning with a screenshot. He goes, go look at the app he said, the shark that I saw, this shark that was at Padre is now about five miles from the rig that I saw mine at twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So it was cool. Anyway, she ended up in Nova Scotia.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So go figure that crazy, yeah and sing And so there's a whole thing. And I have a documentary coming out about white sharks in the Gulf, gonna be out June, and me and my friend Paul Pazinski. Paul does the wild Man of the Woods big Foot Channel. I'm his narrator, and me and Paul are doing something pretty special on great whites. And I got the blog out and it's.
Speaker 1: Just a it's a cool thing.
Speaker 2: I got to a cage dive with whites and the Fara lines back in two of three somewhere in there. And I've got to go up on the Cape Cod area line year with the Atlantic white shark people and it was amazing. So that's like my ultimate apex favorite animal in the world is a great white shark.
Speaker 3: So how crazy was the cage dive?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: Wild man, It's it's this whole like that could be a whole like documentary, Like my little pathetic cage dive, right, so like that'd because it's so much humor.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We get out there and we almost didn't make it because it was so raw, and we go this I we go the Pharolns and you know, there's five of us and it was a couple who were from Las Vegas on their honeymoon, up, two brothers from the Bronx and me and you know, and we have to go get in the cage and put it down to make sure we can handle the cold water and everything because it's there's like fifty one degrees or something like that.
Speaker 1: So everybody gets in.
Speaker 2: We you know, our web suits are adequate whatever, and then we pull you know, I'm from Texas and I've caught hundreds of sharks.
Speaker 1: So I go. I'm like, look, I don't mind getting my hands dirty.
Speaker 2: I'll houck a chump. And the guy goes, sir, we can't chum here. I said, why not.
Speaker 1: He goes, we might attract sharks to people. I said, I thought, that's why I paid you five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, we can't. We can bait, we can't chum like oh, semantic. So I thought, you pulled into a big giant box in the back of this boat. And I'm thinking, I'm gonna pull a tuna out, and we're gonna hang a tuna overboard.
Speaker 1: And it was a yellow and red surfboard.
Speaker 2: And they said, we're gonna pull this behind the boat and it has kind of a silhouet of a great white and they might come up and hit it and look to look for it, and then most sharp and I went, look, I know y'all think I'm slow because I'm from Texas, I said, and I literally asked him this question.
Speaker 1: I said, let me get this right.
Speaker 2: You can't attract them the fish oil, which are naturally attracted to, but you can train them.
Speaker 1: They hit a surfboard. Yeah, and that's okay.
Speaker 3: Where's the logic?
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, And I went, did you go to Berkeley? And I kid you not, brother. He goes, how'd you know? I said, just a wild gas.
Speaker 3: Just a while.
Speaker 1: But it was it was amazing. Uh.
Speaker 2: It took us three hours to find a shark. And I'm it's one of those moments frozen in my mind. I'm eating a laized potato chip, looking at the back of the boat and I'm watching this surfboard that might be thirty five feet behind the boat, and a fifteen foot white shark comes.
Speaker 1: Up and hits it and does a three sixty oh wow.
Speaker 2: Before it hit the water, the second one side swiped it, and I went this is the coolest freaking moment.
Speaker 3: Of my lot, and I'm never going surfing here.
Speaker 1: The guy behind me goes, we're gonna eat a bigger boat.
Speaker 2: And they put the cage in the water, and it's kind of like that moment cage goes in the water, you're in the water, Sharks in the water from Jaws, you know, And like, so.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking I'm doing math here. Man.
Speaker 2: There's a couple, there's two brothers, and there's me and room for two a time in a cage. I'm like, I'm gonna completely get messed over here, right, And the guy from the couple comes up and goes, hey, Chester, man, my wife's kind of feeling seasick. So I think we're gonna not go in cage. And I'm like, and then the guy one of the guys that you know, our wet suits aren't quite adequate, you know, they're talking about, So I don't know. It was cold, so here I am. I wasn't because I was so brave. I just knew that I was on the precipice of a dream coming true.
Speaker 1: And if I didn't do this, I'd regret at.
Speaker 2: The rest of my life. And I don't want to see a great white. So I get in this cage and I am freaking terrified because this isn't like the Caribbean. It would been rough. So the visibility was maybe twelve thirteen feet brother maybe fifteen tops. So you're like, you know, jaw's is gonna be there.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna be like not there and then there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was right before I could afford a good digital underwater camera, so I had a print film underwater with thirty six shots and I'm sitting there awaking, I'm gonna get this freaking sharp. And he comes up and they're pulling the surfboard by hand now and it gets caught on the cage and I'm like, oh, here I go. Here's when they hit l It's on the cage and we got it out and I'm in there and I was doing snooba so I could stay underwater for a long time. It didn't matter how long I was in there. The gases don't put up like a scuba so nothing goes on. And these little fish and a couple of squid came up around the cage, and I started I took a few pictures of him. I'm sitting there watching them. I'm like, I'm in the Pacific Ocean and freezing, freezing cold water, waiting for car car or down Carcaarrious to Great White.
Speaker 1: This is either really cool or really stupid. I don't know which one is. But I'm having a good time, you know.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, all this little fish went and left, and I don't know how they did it, but I'm telling you, somebody pumped the Jaws music down there in my head at least, because I'm hearing, like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it got to that and in the movie, somebody.
Speaker 3: Dies cage falls to the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 1: I thought about that.
Speaker 2: And I'm watching and there's a giant shape comes below the cage. I can just see a black shape and starts kicking silt up, and it's moving around the cage in and out and circles me for maybe five minutes or so, keeps circling and I can't make it just hit a big shape, giant shape, and I'm like, oh my god. Well I was so cold by this point, I'm worried about like hypothermia. So I get up out of the cage and I say there was something down there, and they give me hot chocolate and then they like put the cage up. So they cranked the motor. It was been like ten seconds of crank in the motor and the black shape that was down there came up and hit it and it was an eighteen foot great.
Speaker 3: White Wow, that's huge.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I got a picture of me holding the surfboard. We can see the bike radius on this sucker. It was like me and a half, you know. And so when it hit, it was so amazing, and.
Speaker 1: It had hang time, and I remember the eye turned and looked at us and some like you know, and it was amazing. It was one of them.
Speaker 2: I'm very grateful for that, but uh, you know, getting to be able to connect with that and teach people about like ocean wildlife conservation, come back with the great white shark after sort of persecution and all, that's.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And then what's the crypto guy gonna be into in the ocean anyway. We're not gonna be it into some little cheef fish.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're looking for great lights and giant squid there you go, and monsters exactly.
Speaker 1: I think I'd see.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be in the water without the cage with a white shark than a giant squid.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah, yeah, there was a big giant squid down there. Oh freak me out, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't trust those things anything with that many arms, I ain't trusted.
Speaker 3: Every time I read about squid or just octopus in general, it it kind of weirds me out. Man. They're they're not like anything else on the planet.
Speaker 2: No, man, I think octopus in particular amazing. I mean, it's so smart and everything, but they're so different. You're right, and uh, but you know that's just part of that I guess spirit of adventure, you know. And uh, I guess I guess Jim, Jim and Jack rubbed off on me in a big way.
Speaker 3: When did you decide to take the plunge into the world of Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: So I was always interested in my whole life.
Speaker 2: My dad showed me when I was probably four the Patterson Gillman Pictures in argacy.
Speaker 1: Uh And I thought that was amazing.
Speaker 2: And you couldn't be growing up in the late seventies and early eighties and not hearing about Bigfoot somehow on the media, right, And you know, I mean Steve Austin's battling Andre the Giant is in head whatever his name was from the Adams fam. Teed Cassidy from the Adams Family is Bigfoot on TV, which was awesome. But I also had seen the Legend of Boggie Creek. I was too young to see it the movies, but it replayed on cable. Oddly enough, as I'm getting surgery, I'm about to wheel me in for hernia surgery like six years old at Texas Children's Hospital, and the Legend Block Creek is playing on cable. I was mesmerized. I was I'd always wanted to heard about it, you know, I wanted to see it, and all.
Speaker 1: Of that really just made me.
Speaker 2: You know, I was always in like really enthralled by nature and then the mysterious side of it. Just I think the Lord always wanted me to be a journalist because I've always been such an investigator, and so to me it's like nature's awesome that these mysteries are making maybe a little extra awesome. And then reading stuff like you know, in my school library had Sasquatch The Apes among Us by John Green and still the greatest big book ever written. And you know, so all that stuff really got me into being interested in the topic.
Speaker 3: Did you guys, And by you guys, I mean you and your dad? Were you members of the gcbro.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, for sure. Yeah. I had my.
Speaker 2: First experiences with Bobby Hamilton as a matter of fact, well not my first, not my first experience that happened when I was younger. Didn't know it was a big foot though until later.
Speaker 1: Can we tell that story of man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Yeah, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, like my aunt had property in Dowton County and her lamb was about thirty five to forty minutes north of US and for me, as a little kid in the lower middle income household, this was like going on safari because they only eighty three acres in the middle of really dense woods and harbord bottom lands.
Speaker 1: I got to go squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting.
Speaker 2: We were rabbit hunting one night though we rabbit hunt was you put up. I have a little headlamp on and I bring my four team of dad out of a twelve gage and we go walk the property fence line looking for rabbits and that might be dinner tomorrow night, you know, fried rabbit, you know. And we're down this creek bottom and this thing starts growling at us, and it was unlike anything I'd ever heard. And I'm like, what's that? And he goes, I'll never forget this.
Speaker 1: He goes, well, uncle Bill's bulls must be caught in the fence down on the creek bottom. And I'm like, why don't we go help?
Speaker 2: And he goes, I think it'll be all right, you know, And we're getting out of.
Speaker 1: Hey, what is That's not a bull?
Speaker 2: And we were treated out of the woods and pretty quickly, and my dad finally stud I bet it was a black bear, because you know, although bears were execrated from me Texas at the time, Louisiana still had the Louisiana black bear subspecies and a few across the border. And for years I thought we had encountered a black bear that was mad at us until I started the freshman year of college and got to work with black Bears in captivity for two years and went, they don't make any sound remotely like that, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so fast forward.
Speaker 2: I am twenty five years ago. This year I had met Bobby Hamilton from the GCBO of the year before. He was very gracious to invite me and my dad out on an expedition. And we're at this piece of property in Polk County, Texas that there have been some activity he was investigating. He said, we know what we're gonna do. We're just gonna sit here on a campfire and listen tonight, Okay, about ten o'clock, we'll hear this type sound moan off to like, you know, like oh like to the left of the campfire. And then about midnight it was directly in front of us, and it had circled us almost perfectly by about two or three am. Didn't know what it was, but it was weird, and Bobby goes, we don't know, it was a little muffled, but it was something, you know.
Speaker 1: And we sat there and it was interesting.
Speaker 2: We told bigfoot stories all night and I listened to his stuff and it was cool.
Speaker 1: And we four o'clock we had to leave Bobby had to go somewhere.
Speaker 2: We had to go somewhere. We had two hours to drive home. Bobby had an hour to drive home. We put all our gear up, our guns up, our lights up, and then all helbro loose. This thing started growling guttural, deep growls, and my dad, who was there with me, literally grabbed me. He goes, that's what we heard when you were a little kid. It was the same sound we had heard when I was a little kid two hours.
Speaker 1: Away in East Texas.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And at that moment I knew that whatever this was was a real thing.
Speaker 1: You know, it was exist.
Speaker 2: But here's where it got really interesting. From a bigfoot re search your perspective. I had been that was August of the twentieth of two thousand. I had been to Venezuela that previous December, in December ninety nine fishing for peacock, bath payatta and piranha and the assault fair amount of monkeys, and I had howler monkeys you hear every day.
Speaker 1: So one particular hallow monkey was really close to me.
Speaker 2: And this thing sound we heard it had a very holler monkey s type tone. So whatever reason, genius boy here decided.
Speaker 1: To growl at it. So because I had growled, I had growled at a.
Speaker 2: Howler monkey up there, and it stopped and growled back at me, and a kid, you not, I growled once, this thing stopped and growled. Once I growled twice, it growled twice, and the same pattern when I hit three growls on the hallow monkey. This howler monkey built us up to a frenzy and was retreating in the trees, cracking branches.
Speaker 1: On the way out.
Speaker 2: This thing went into a high pinch screen was obviously breaking stuff as it ran away, And I went, that's a primate of some kind, because the same thing that that primate in South America that I know was a primemate did and it responded the same way.
Speaker 1: And I know Bigfoot's reel.
Speaker 2: They're in Texas, and I was spent two grand on night vision the next morning.
Speaker 3: You know, that's That's not the first time I've heard the comparison to a howler monkey. And that's also something that I've picked up on in some of the vocalizations. Do you think Bigfoot has like some sort of airsack?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I really don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know I can't didn't it wasn't like an exact Holler Monkey sound, right, but it had the tones the only cone I've ever heard that was similar to it, you know, they had the guttural stuff, you know, like So there's a clip of the Sierra Sounds that is part of what we heard, and it was that that part that I heard that sound in there with the Haller Monkey stuff, and it was I've never heard the Sierra sounds before I had had this experience, so I heard him a few years later. But there's only two things I've ever heard is that one clip of Sierra Sounds and a Haller Monkey sounded really close to what we had encountered in there. And interesting, there was a guy named Jimmy Chilcut, right. Jimmy Chilcut was a latent fingerprint examiner for the Conro Police Department, and he spoke at two of my crypto conferences in Conrad. I think he spoke at one of Craig wool heaters as well, and he spoke at the Willow Creek conference in three And when I talked to him about my experiences, He's told me a side note and he told me, you know that he had kind of thought that you know, he had figured out from a couple of tracks that there is a dermal ridging it's different on a sasquatch creature, from a couple of tracks that were different everything else. And he said, you know, it's interesting you mentioned hower monkeys. I remember him telling you this. He said, the closest dermal ridging that I found on a known primate to what I think the sasquatch track is a hower monkey.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: So that was it. That was a little cool side note, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, yeah, for sure. So did you ever I would assume you did attend outings at Monster Central?
Speaker 1: Oh, dude, absolutely, many many.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time at Monster Central Clyde between two thousand and two thousand and seven when off me and my dad there a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, went out there a lot.
Speaker 3: Did you have any crazy experiences there, because I've heard some some pretty intense stories from that location over the years.
Speaker 1: Brother, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I'm very grateful to Jim Lansdale for the opportunity to go out there. Had some wild stuff happen, had a lot of vocalizations for the first few years, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of stuff like the whoops, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I heard multiple times. We heard the Ohio Howell type sound, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And we had an encounter.
Speaker 2: Me and my friend Todd Jurassic, who was there one night, had a really bizarro encounter where one was stomping at us like it wanted us and they I mean it was There's a sound that I believe was the sasquatch sound that Jim I think Jim named it the bionic bird.
Speaker 1: It sounds similar to it sounds similar to.
Speaker 2: A screech out trill, but it's not a screech out trill, right, uh and uh I've heard that twice with footsteps. So if that's a freaking owl leaving footsteps, it's mothman, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh. And that night this thing was stomping at me and Todd coming.
Speaker 2: In and doing the bionic bird sound and obviously wanted us to know it was coming. Then they got dead quiet and it was like where are you now? It was like, yeah, there's a couple.
Speaker 1: It was. It was incredible, man. I uh.
Speaker 2: And there was a lot of cool stuff, you know, happening out there, and it was a cool piece of property.
Speaker 3: Did you get interested in other cryptids besides Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I did my own crypto conference for four years in Conra and only spoke on Bigfoot once.
Speaker 1: Uh. I have a I have a YouTube channel with Chester.
Speaker 2: More a while if journalist an investigator, and that channel has a whole series on black panthers, and uh, I said, eight part series on black panthers. So I'm really interested in that, like the red wolf Phenomenon's really interested and uh, you know a lot of that stuff is more like the known cryptids, misplaced animal stuff.
Speaker 1: I've always been really interested in that end of stuff.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of that stuff, you know, obviously it kind of layers over in the Bigfoot of core. Do you think there is activity of other cryptids that kind of gets put on Bigfoot or just assume that it's Bigfoot because that's where everybody's mind goes.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. Actually, I do think this. You know, Lauren Coleman wrote many years ago about what he called a nape, a North American ape and with more ape like tracks, more ape like behavior. And I have had multiple people tell me of seeing what they describe as baboons right in Texas in Louisiana, and they were two of the Louisiana reports were like probably within twenty miles of each other. In the East Texas reports fly fifty miles, so it's not a real big area. And then there's that really bizarre roadkill, the Ridder to quit at Wincy roadkill from nineteen ninety six that I don't know what the heck that thing is.
Speaker 1: That ties in. And then.
Speaker 2: I do think that there's other stuff that may be even more ape like I mean, uh and I my lectures last year on the topic were about feral apes. I do think that there are a very high chance of probability that some of the stuff going on in Florida are feral apes.
Speaker 3: You know, I know this sounds kind of silly, but the old Tarzan series and movies and everything, there's a lot of filming done in Florida, and supposedly a lot of those animals just got left behind or things happened during hurricanes.
Speaker 2: There was a place called the Chimp Farm down there, and so this plus there's a there is an established population of racist three different racist monkey populations in Florida that are established and documented, and so we know that there are non primates living there, and so that tells you non indigenous primates can live there. And if you look at it, this chimp farm that had this escape, that was the source of one of those populations.
Speaker 1: This is before we were all regulated.
Speaker 2: They not only had like a chimpanzees and reci's monkeys, they had lowling guerrillas and orangutans.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that and if you look at the Mayaca ape photos from that's either one of those things or something of a nap or an orangutane, something really close. So I think there's ape like stuff that could be non Bigfoot, but as close enough that it.
Speaker 3: Kind of overlaps that Mayaca Skun Cape photo. I mean, geez, I remember seeing it for the first time, and still to this day you would think that if that was a hoax, somebody would have located the statue or mannequin or whatever. It would have been yep by now. But I mean, it just looks like a big orangutan.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: And I've been able to have a little bit of interaction with the orangutans and uh, and it looks like kindle kind of like an orangutane. But maybe it was an orangutane that was a feralll rangutan.
Speaker 1: You know, who knows. Uh.
Speaker 2: You know in Texas, in a town called around a town called Dilly south of San Antonio, there is a free ranging population of Japanese.
Speaker 3: Mattaqus just running around loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, and it's documented. It's all.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're there. I have multiple pictures of it. They're they're there. They've been there since the seventies. There was a if you see pictures of these monkeys they call snow monkeys around Mount Fuji and the those are those are Japanese cacks and apparently they were going to whack a bunch of them because they're causing problems for tourists, and somebody in Texas that I'll go get them and save them. And they made a facility. So there's a facility. But a lot of these are running loose, feral, and uh, there was a big flap about them in the nineties because Parks and LAWA said they're non indigenous, you can kill them. I think they change that law where you can kill non indigenous game, you can't kill a primate. And uh, I've got multiple people to send me photos of them sitting on fence post. A guy has one in his deer feeder and so what's interesting about this, and this is the one that really makes me think that there could be some feral primate things mixed in here amongst the bigfoot stuff is because gee, these things live at Mount Fuji.
Speaker 1: They're caught a snow lumpy. They are living in a.
Speaker 2: Part of Texas that's one hundred degrees for probably one hundred days a year, and they're thriving.
Speaker 1: So very interesting.
Speaker 3: It seems like if memory serves me, uh Luke Gross of Texas used to talk about a reports of a troop of baboons in the Sulfur River bottoms. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting because one of the reports that I got in particular was like a hole for in truth Publa you know what I mean, It was like multiple uh and uh, I mean it's a it's so, you know, there's these things in Lauren Coleman and Patrick Waye's book The Field Guide whatever they call it, the Bigfoot, Serious Primates or whatever. It is really cool book about a devil monkey.
Speaker 1: And it was kind of an orangutani ish.
Speaker 2: Looking thing, and uh, you know, so who knows, you know, I I have a little bit of a hard time just logically on some of it because we know that those Japanese mcacs are and we got great game cam photos, we got great cell phone photos. We've got Recis's monkey photos that are great. Why don't we have the baboons? I don't know, but it does.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: But there is also with the baboon thing. So I have a book out called Bigfoot South. You did a Bigfootsouth dot com and on Bigfoot South, I have an account from Lance Rosier. Lance Rosier was the forefather of the Big Thicket National Preserve.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he wrote in one of his journals that he saw the carcass of an quote baboon on a road in the Big Thicket, in the Big Thicket, in the Big Thicket. Now, he said, you know, people always blame this stuff on some circus, you know, and they always blame animals that aren't in circuses. When does the never seen a baboon in the circus?
Speaker 3: I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: No, no, And.
Speaker 2: They're always it's never tiger's getting loose, it's always a black panther.
Speaker 1: Uh. And apparently the least safe place.
Speaker 2: To travel is via circus string because it always crashed somewhere. But uh, sorry, my sarcasm going.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're always crashing.
Speaker 2: But he did say wrote in his official stock that there he saw the road killed carcass of a baboon in the big thicket.
Speaker 3: Big cats in the UK, you know, the mystery big cats. They've now done some DNA testing. They figured out that the big cats are really there. And you know, one of the prominent theories is that these big cats are just exotic pets that were let loose over the years and maybe seen and maybe a breeding population occurred. I know in the seventies, especially exotic pets, you know, weren't a regulated thing like they are now, and it was extremely popular to have these animals, and there was all kinds of not just circuses, but little side shows and things like that, and if you couldn't take care of them, or if you couldn't afford the fees whenever regulations were put in place, it's not a far fetched thought to think that a lot of them just got let loose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the thing on the big cats. I think for certainly in England, you know, the UK, there definitely was that phrase. There was here in America to a certain extent as well.
Speaker 1: A lot of sheep over there that could survive.
Speaker 2: These are killing the sheep and trying to hunt a white tilled deer in the southeast or something here, catch a mule deer in the mountains, you know, because predation is taught. You know, it's not it's as taught by mom. It ain't genetic. They got genetic tendencies, but it's taught. I have a hard time, so I think probably there were sightings of ones that were survived a while on all that, But I my thing with this, by far, the most kept big cat on the world in terms is a tiger has been a tiger? Where are our cryptid tiger sightings? There are a few. How Come they're all black panthers, all right? How come they're all melanistic leopards? You know that That's something that I have a problem with. I now, I know I'm gonna heat for this doing my YouTube channel all the time. But almost every quote unquote black panther photo I've ever been sent to me is a some kind of domestic origin cat that's you can't tell scale. And there's some evidence in Australia that somebody's feral to domestic cats are getting like forty fifty.
Speaker 1: Pounds, and.
Speaker 2: I've gotten my own photo of one that had the I've actually coined the term about seven years ago, called the black long tail, and it's like this domestic I don't know if it's some kind of evolution happening in these feral cats, but it's black cats that are domestic origin of some kind obviously, but they have extra long tails, and I have multiple pictures of them one of my videos.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the number.
Speaker 2: One, because you know, you know, the domestic cats astribted globally, but there definitely have been escaped, you know, animal.
Speaker 1: Escape, cat sightings and stuff. For sure.
Speaker 2: I personally have a hard time with them long term breeding because you have to have a male and a female, right you have to have hats that are able to go survive and not get in trouble by going in somebody's.
Speaker 1: Backyard, you know.
Speaker 2: So like the black panther phenomena, I think it's about seven different things that make up the black panther phenomen I don't think it's one answer, and escape inzodict is one of them.
Speaker 3: I had a friend whose family owned some land up here in Oklahoma, and him and his brother and his father. All three saw what they described as a large black cat on the property. They saw it a couple of times while deer hunting and took a couple of shots at it. I you know, classic you know story. I pause, we're great shots. We know we hit it and it just took off running. They you know, could have missed. Who knows. But I mean the black cat phenomenon, there's something to it because everybody's seen it or knows somebody that's seen it.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree.
Speaker 2: That's why I think there's like seven or eight different answers to the question.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I'm with you. Every photo that I have seen that I can think of. I mean, it could have just been some sort of domestic cut, like you're saying, there's nothing for scale.
Speaker 2: No, And I mean I have a I mean I would say seventy five percent.
Speaker 1: I immediately go domestic cat.
Speaker 2: But there also seems to be an offshoot of that to where something's happening with somebod these domestic cats getting a little larger and extra long tails that they're like and I call them a black long tail.
Speaker 1: That's kind of my take form.
Speaker 2: But there's also, like, you know, parts of America the jaguar rundi, which is a native vat and I saw my own jaggarunni north of their accepted range, and I had photographed him in a zoo for a number of times, and I've seen him in the zoo, and I was like, sweet, that's really awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, I never thought one would walk across the road one day and broad daylight, and they are interesting a diurnal cat.
Speaker 2: And I went, oh, cool, a jaggarundi and I stopped and freaked out and slam on my brakes and it went across the road. And I verified this with the biologist who works in there. Oh yeah, they're jaggar runnis all.
Speaker 1: Over around here. But you know, we.
Speaker 2: Don't really the department didn't want to accept that or whatever he said. And what was interesting is I realized most people that would have seen that would never have known what a jaguar rundy was, so they would have said, it's a black panther, you know, And uh so I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, by the way, I don't make fun of people or think it's wrong that people see these domestic type feelings and think they're whatever. But it's just because it's it's hard to tell, you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's you know, a scale and things like that.
Speaker 2: There are even bobcats that are black, and we're verified black bobcats, And interestingly, there are black there are bobcats.
Speaker 1: With long tails. Really, yes, and it happens every once in a while.
Speaker 2: I'd love to get a hold of genetics to one of those suckers and see if it might have crossed an ocelot or something down the line, you know.
Speaker 1: But uh, there's a lot of weird stuff.
Speaker 2: But I really think that the whole thing with the black panthers.
Speaker 1: Is a bunch of things. But I'll go ahead and say this.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think the least likely candidate is of all of them.
Speaker 1: Black mountain lion.
Speaker 2: Uh because and the reason I say that is mountain lions are hunted. There are several thousand killed every year in America and brought to game check stations and mounted by tax Germans. They're they're they're they're in zoos all around the globe. There are populations all the way to Argentina from Canada. And the history of science, there's never been one black specimen observed by.
Speaker 1: Science, not one, Wow, not a single one.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of one in Costa Rica, a black and white photo in the fifties, and it looks to me like a chocolate brown. They do get kind of dark brown, you know, like almost a chocolate brown. Yeah, and a low light that looks black. But there's never been one. There have been white ones born. There was a white one on a game cam from the official government agency in Brazil. There was a white clubs born in a zoo in Belgium a few years ago.
Speaker 1: But there's never been a black one.
Speaker 2: And if the if black cougars were the source of all of these black panther signings in America, or the majority of them, they because there are all kinds of cougar pictures on game cams, there are all kinds of cougar videos on game cams, and are all kind of cougar shop by hunters and taught by trappers, and not one of them never been black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surely it would be documented by now, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not saying it's not completely impossible, but it's never been observed by science. So I don't think that's the head in America. That's the number one thing which most people that I have talked to. You think that's what they're seeing. It's a black mountain line, and so that's just the one I think is the least likely. But it's a It's an interesting topic, man, And what I like about it, my friend, is that it makes people question things and look at nature. And I always tell people send me your photo, I'll tell you what I think it is. If you disagree, that's fine. I just want to, you know, educate people about this. And I think it's a great mystery.
Speaker 1: Hey, I would love to be proven wrong. Please send me a high quality video of a black mountain. I would love to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna switch up gears here for a second. I was browsing your one of your websites and I saw an article that you had posted, and I haven't had a chance. It might have been a YouTube video feral humans. This is something that has bothered me for a while because sometimes bigfooters run across things that seem way more human than your typical bigfoot activity. Yeah, for sure, and that includes footprints that are human in shape, human in size, in places where they just absolutely should not be what's the deal. What are your thoughts on feral humans?
Speaker 2: So here's the thing on that I'm really now just kind of going that direction looking at some of this. But what got me into this was my good friend Lyle Blackburn. He and I were at Craig wile Heeater's Wonderful Monster last year and we're both going to be there this year, and he goes, you were friends of Rob Riggs, right, And I said, yeah. Rob was an author of a book called All Montreal the wild Man, which.
Speaker 1: Was a big foot book about the Big Thicket area.
Speaker 2: And I'd been in the field of Rob several times and knew him well. And Rob passed away unfortunately, about a decade ago. And Rob had written in his book that there have been sightings. What people described this is like the timeline I can remember. It was like sixties to the eighties, primitive looking Indians in the Big Thicket and in an area of the old and Lost Trinity River bottoms, the area down there, which is basically the same basic drainage there and back. It's still remote in a lot of those areas, and back then it was very remote areas, and the reports all had very similar things to them.
Speaker 1: And it made me start.
Speaker 2: Asking questions about this because I have a hard time thinking that some family drops a four year old off in the forest and he's raised by coyotes in East Texas. But if there were primitive pockets of people who grew up genetically used to living in those woods and those parasites, and their bodies and and and just inherently knew that, and there were small pockets of those people, that to me would seem like a little bit more likely for some of these feral human reports, you know. And what was interesting is I am not a native lore expert at all, but what was interesting about the Karankawa people, which were kind of the ones on the border of there, and the attack pins, is they both just freaking disappeared. They just people think they might have integrated into other tribes or died.
Speaker 1: Off of disease. We don't know.
Speaker 2: But when I did the Dark Outdoors podcast, and if you if you're interested in the topic, please don't listen to my Dark Outdoors podcast platform on the lost tribes and stuff, because.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for other reports.
Speaker 2: But I had a guy reach out to me whose father was a sheriff in one of those counties, in the seventies and he had his own report that was told him by hunters who ran into some of these guys at night, had an arrow shot at him.
Speaker 1: They pointed the guns at him.
Speaker 2: And they all scattered in the woods, and the sheriff thought it was bs went in there and found the era and took pictures, and as a teenager he saw the picture of the polaroid and the evidence they had when they went and investigated this. So to me, the idea of like maybe some people who were tribal or had been living out there that way primitive people stayed primitive, to me seems maybe a little more likely and just some farm boy throughout.
Speaker 1: The woods, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's really intriguing to me, you know, of what could have happened and survived and things like that.
Speaker 1: But there are other I heard. I heard a pretty crazy report from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Uh that was, you know, someone allegedly on a on a search and rescue saw what they described as a person running at pretty astounding speeds for a person, uh, you know, without looks like they didn't have normal clothes on in an area of Oklahoma, hiding in the rocks and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know. That was really weird.
Speaker 2: And and then there's other parts of this.
Speaker 1: You know, there are people who just went off grid.
Speaker 2: And maybe there there have been people maybe who have graised families off grid and and kept going back into a more primal state just because of the way they lived generationally.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the.
Speaker 2: Things I opened up about, like this, you know, this lost tribe stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But I also asked a question.
Speaker 2: Could there have been you think about the sixties and people wanted to get back to nature and there's a group there was a group called the Rainbow People.
Speaker 1: That lived in the woods and there was a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of hit drop an acid, but they were you know, they were wanting to live out of nature. Could there have been people who decided, you know, we're gonna go off grid and been kind of degenerating into something like this. It's just the ideas that have about it.
Speaker 3: I know that I have personally seen footprints that were definite, I mean human shape. Whenever it comes to bigfoot tracks, there are certain characteristics that a lot of us know about that we look for, and these had things that were human quality that were missing in bigfoot tracks. And then whenever you start you know, I've heard talking in the woods that I couldn't figure out, you know, who it was there. There's no evidence of people. And whenever you're talking about vocalizations like bigfoot have all these wide range of primate vocalizations, it doesn't make a lot of sense for something that can scream and howl from mountaintop to mountaintop to also be able to whisper and talk in a language.
Speaker 1: Now, this is interesting.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the the language component or the idea of hearing like, you know, just human talking in the woods. I know someone who was on a deer stand in East Texas and told me they absolutely heard the words feels good.
Speaker 1: Like any what method was? What feels good? What are you talking? But it was a human voice.
Speaker 2: And I've definitely heard people here hear stuff like that, and so, uh there, I think I think that's a topic that I know, I'm I'm going to explore a lot more because I think what you're you know, you're obviously a very good researcher. You're you're coming across as there's some things out there, and I've heard it in your other part. Questions for me about some of these ape like things that maybe maybe everything that's lumped into Bigfoot isn't bigfoot. You know that there's other stuff out there, and that salute you for that, because that's kind of where I'm going on a few things. And this tribal thing just got me, especially when I had the report outside of Rob's book. You know what got me that, the report that made me believe the reports in the book was I'm a writer. I have published about ten thousand men, paid for about ten thousand articles over the years, and every kind of publication you think of, and if I want to lead someone to a certain direction, I would know how to do that, you know what I mean. And I can kind of I can't take and always find every liar because some people are really good, but I can quite often go as a bs you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's not written, something's up there.
Speaker 2: But one of these reports was an early some early power lines in the area alignment up a line poll looking down and there were six of these guys down there looking at him. He described as primitive Indians with primitive weapons, and primitive that looked very meat agitated to him.
Speaker 1: If I were going to make up a story about seeing, you know, some primitive survival tribe. You know, it would have been a whole lot more dramatic and wouldn't have involved a power pole in alignment, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, and what was interesting is two of these different reports have mentioned six people.
Speaker 1: They saw six of these primitive people allegedly.
Speaker 2: And when I did some research on one of the one of these tribes in the region, it said that the men would often travel in groups of six hunting parties.
Speaker 1: So that was interesting. Now there's needs are not widespread reports. You know, this is in a pocket, but could there be something.
Speaker 2: Similar that's or maybe like people that went back in Livoy and raised families off grid and.
Speaker 1: Just knew how to do. I think it's worth exploring.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest wably on my dark outdoors to raise awareness a true crime and terrifying encounters. And that might be a bigfoot, that might be a wild boar, or it might be you know Ted Bundy.
Speaker 1: Back in the day.
Speaker 2: And I'll be honest with you, brother, if I walked out in the woods in twenty twenty five and saw a seven foot tall guy that looked like a crankola and he had, you know, a primitive arrow aimed at me.
Speaker 1: I'd be terrified. I would say, hold on, brother, I hope you're playing. I hope this is the best cosplay I've ever seen, you know, or maybe that's even scarier, But you know, I would think, what just not just go back in time, you know what I mean? It's so weird.
Speaker 2: And then the people talk about there was this I'm trying to track down the person. There's a Duck's a limited podcast and they tell a story, a second hand story as someone who was halkhunting the thermals in East Texas and saw this thing come up and I thought it was a hog at first and realized it was a human form, and it was like asking for help, crying for help. Weird sounds, blow the voices. I'm trying to track down a first person of that. Some of that stuff to me is far scarier than like a bigfoot. Oh for sure, it gets into like you know, like horror movie land here, But I think it's at the point it's worth looking at.
Speaker 1: I don't believe every.
Speaker 2: Thing is a you know, it's some kind of a feral person, but I think it is a topic that we need to look out more. And because what's going to happen, is is my prediction is to I travel the country a lot, and we are developing everything. If it's in a national park or something, it's getting developed, or there's a lot of these part with the bottom lands, they're making dams. So if there is feral people and things, I think there's gonna be a lot more encounters with them because of what we're doing to their to the habitat out there.
Speaker 3: Well, just like you were talking about earlier, that report, you know, down in like you know, the eighties, the amount of development that has happened since the eighties until now is crazy compared to all the time prior to that.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's not You're right, it's not even comparable to any time. You could take every development done before nineteen eighty nine and then compare it to eighty nine to twenty twenty five, and it would be ten times. Yeah, I mean it's it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So, you know, but the idea.
Speaker 2: That there could be some things like that out there would be really strange, you know. And I think this brings up an interesting point about all of this is that I think the greatest asset that all this mysterious stuff has is that people are.
Speaker 1: Free to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know people see stuff and I've been talking. I've had people come up to me and talk about Bigfoot and somebody be with them and I'm looking them in the eye and their friends tell them me it's not saying word. I'm like, they had something happen to you, They no doubt, but that I want to talk And that's fine, And I don't blame them actually a lot of times, but I think people see a lot more of this weird stuff and just write it off as whatever, you know, whatever it is, you know, And there's definitely some stuff out there. And what I've learned do in the Dark Outdoors podcast is that you know, like there's a lot of dangers out a lot of crime, a lot of occult activity in these places. But there's stuff that happens in the wilds of America that like the media just doesn't pick up.
Speaker 1: On at all. They do it doesn't connect.
Speaker 2: It to the wild, They connect it to like a county city. But when you start putting patterns together, you start seeing these really bizarre things happening in the places that we love to go and scary enough think there might be some kind of a you know, predator out there, a serial killer, or you know, just some weird criminal. But we start adding that and you go, oh, there might be some you know, feral cannibal woman in the woods. You know, it really takes the creep factor up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever you start talking about the idea of there might be people out there, because people are the most dangerous thing on the planet by far.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's when I started the Dark Out There's podcasts.
Speaker 1: I had all these things happened to.
Speaker 2: Me over the years in the while of people. And I was given a lecture on faral hogs and I did Q and a somebody said, he's us, you, what's the most dangerous thing in the woods? And I knew they thought I was gonna say a Farrell hog or a bear or a rattlesnakers.
Speaker 1: Oh people. Yeah, And the room got quiet, and then you're right. I'm like, dude, it ain't even a contest, you know.
Speaker 2: So and you know, running into people that are just you know, got the most nefarious intentions out there, and from the drug trade, which is I had an incident with that in California back when I did my cage die. That same trip, we went out and my dad went up to Redwoods and got chased off a mountain, and I know, all.
Speaker 1: The night.
Speaker 2: It was like I was in an action movie, except I was in a rental, little cheesy rental car, and I didn't have some hot chick with me, you know, driving down the mountain, I feel like I was in some like missing mission impossible movie, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh. And it was like.
Speaker 2: People on the drug train without a question, and we had we had an encounter up there and we got checked it.
Speaker 1: It was crazy crazy. So it's of one of my episodes. And I called the Forest Service and told them and they're like, oh, it's drug runners.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I said, you guys have a freakin elk crossing side.
Speaker 1: You could have warned this about trafficking in the area. And they were like yeah, man, And I remember it.
Speaker 2: Goes and like and I'm like, like, if I come back, I said, number one, I won't go back to that area ever again. But if I come up with flooring these woods up here in northern California, can I carry a gun.
Speaker 1: In National forest land?
Speaker 2: And a California Forest Service official told me you should. Yeah, So my slogan on dark outdoors just pray, prepare, and pack heat.
Speaker 3: There's a certain area in Oklahoma that already has a stigma related to it, but uh, I know some people that went there to check it out common Bigfoot area for investigators to go to, and they got met by either a ranger or a game order on the way out, I think a ranger, and he asked them, do you guys got any firearms on you? And they're like, no, we don't carry guns with us, and he was like, well you should if you're coming here.
Speaker 1: Wow, there you go, there you go. I have had multiple crazy run ins, you know.
Speaker 2: And the area that I have found most dangerous is not the deep woods. It's those areas that are located within twenty thirty miles in a major metro area that are easily accessible for criminals, like the San Houston National Forest right in the Houston metro area, and there's so much crazy stuff and there were decapitation lines set on the biking trails.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's pictures of that out there.
Speaker 2: I mean when I first went down this alley of doing dark outdoors, I was at a National Wild Turkey Federation event. At this awards ceremony, and I mean a game board and we got separate awards, me and media and him like a you know, a law enforcement thing.
Speaker 1: And I said, hey, I.
Speaker 2: Love to talk to you sometime for a program I'm thinking about developing about dangers in the wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you have some stories to award.
Speaker 2: He looks at me and goes, oh, you mean like all those missing people around the San Houston National Force.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, you know, so you know there's that kind of stuff, and so that is pretty intense, you know, I mean, like Sanuison National Force.
Speaker 1: There was a dude him and his brother is the only name.
Speaker 2: Jerry Dean has Missing Persons of America on Facebook. I hate to say this. At last I had heard from her. She had cancer. I'm not sure she's still a post or whatever's going on. I hope she's doing well. But she does Missing Persons of America to help raise awareness to missing people after the law enforcement kind of give up on it, and somebody helping her goes do doing a map and goes, if you notice all the missing people and Mactgommery in Santaceno County, Texas or Liberty County or whatever, those two two counties. There were like forty missing people in this one pretty lowly populated area, and then.
Speaker 1: It's up to about sixty.
Speaker 2: Now they're not all in the National Forest, but some of them are, and it's all around that San Hoastern National Forest.
Speaker 1: And she mentioned to me these two brothers in the late seventies.
Speaker 2: One of them was like twenty one twenty two, other one was sixteen seventeen, and that in one summer they caught and raped and killed like a couple of ladies. Well being that our wonderful criminal justice system was like the guy who was a miner at that time got out when he was twenty one.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's wonderful. Let those guys out and uh. And so a.
Speaker 2: Couple of years back, they found a body in a barrel in San Jacina County.
Speaker 1: I got his property and it was his property.
Speaker 2: And if you look on the map at the address across the streets the San Hoaston National Forest, that's so creepy, man.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So that kind of stuff goes on and it caught, it flies under the radar, you know. So it's pretty pretty wild stuff out there. And so we talk about on dark outdoors and you know, and trying to make people shine a light on those issues. And we do a segment every episode about preparation. Uh I do a thing about how to defend yourself. Might be from an animal, it might be a strategic later approach. The woods might be an app people can use. Also do a missing person that's missing in the wild, trying to raise awareness to maybe help find some missing people. And so it's been a journey, but it ties in all this weird stuff, you know, and as you know, you've been out there a lot. Man, the more you appeel back the layer, the weirder it gets.
Speaker 3: I know. You do a lot of speaking events. Do you got some future projects lined up or events that you're going to be at.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I will be at the Falc Monster Festival twenty twenty five there in Falk, Arkansas, and I'll be speaking.
Speaker 1: At the dinner the night before.
Speaker 2: They have a for everything, and I'm speaking on some new stuff on the Phantom Killer of text Sarcannon from the Town the Dread and Sundown because textar Canon is twenty miles away from there, so it's really cool topic on that and some dark outdoors topics I'm also speaking at an event in Kentucky, and I don't think the announced that yet, so I don't want to give any info on that till it's announced. I'm also speaking at Randy Hutchings Tennessee Wildman and Cryptic con in Mcmannville, Tennessee in August, and I'll be speaking at telude beIN Bigfoot Conference this December, and a couple of other things they haven't announced yet.
Speaker 3: Cool and you can find Dark Outdoors on every podcast app I assume YouTube everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well not on YouTube, but all the podcasting apps. There is on the chester More YouTube channel, there is a there is a little playlist for some Dark Outdoors videos with Dark Outdoors is on Spotify. You know all iHeartRadio, Apple Pop. I guess all of them and check it out. I got about thirty episodes up or go weekly on February twenty fifth. Also have a Global Bigfoot YouTube channel. I've started with some pretty interesting bigfoot stuff on there. And you know, I'm just a glutton for punishment. I like giving myself too much work.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm the same way. There's nothing wrong with it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, one final question. Then we'll call our quits after it's all said and done with the man of many bandannas. What do you want your legacy to be? What do you want to be known for?
Speaker 1: M man?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm never I've actually never probably really thought of that altogether. That I love children, and I love the Lord, and I happen to like wildlife a little bit too.
Speaker 3: Chester More, Thank you so much for joining me, brother, It's been fun. We're gonna have to stay in touch and definitely check out the Dark Outdoors podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you man.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you for having me on this incredible podcast. You heard been one of the best interviewers I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Oh man, stop.
Speaker 2: No, no, You ask good questions, So thank you for that because you made me think a lot which is which is good?
Speaker 1: Also, get some in trouble sometimes.
Speaker 3: And if you've had your own encounter with Bigfoot, a feral human, or something else you can't explain, send me an email at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.