Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and it's being brought to you by our good friends at Arnold Morning Camp be you Mahome, Wesley and Kiddey College also called Grass Motors, and Janet Odden is in with this today's as the president of the Bartlesville Art Association. It's a beautiful morning.
Speaker 2: It is a beautiful morning, a little bit of rain, sunshine, a wonderful day.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: We're going to have a little bit more beauty entering into the area here pretty soon because we've got something big coming up November ninth us a little.
Speaker 3: Bit about it.
Speaker 2: We have our inaugural six by six fundraiser for the Bartlesville Art Association and it's going to be held over at Cooper and Mill and we're looking forward to having a really, really good time.
Speaker 1: Now when we talk six by six, now, the six and six Phillip sixty six, that's kind of rings get some people's attention around here, but six by six means something a little bit different in this case.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a there is a connection there because.
Speaker 3: A little bit yeah Phillip.
Speaker 2: Sixty six was generous enough to help sponsor this inaugural event. And we are doing some artwork that is six by six and so this one is a portrait type and we have a landscape.
Speaker 3: Oh beautiful, there you got water color.
Speaker 2: We have some eclectic, will have some still life type things, and we also have whimsical type things.
Speaker 3: Oh who doesn't like a little whimsy.
Speaker 2: Right, And so we're really concentrating on trying to make this a fun event, making art more accessible to people in our community. The price point for all of these pieces will be only sixty six dollars, so it gives our younger family is an opportunity to get involved with the arts community, to maybe find a gift or start their own private collection.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to start here in your hometown. And we are so blessed in our region to have so many talented artists and they seem to know where to congregate pretty much right across the street, yes, the Art Association, But my goodness, this is a this is great.
Speaker 3: I hope this event goes on for a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, we're hoping that this first event will be a great kickoff and then we'll try and evaluate when we're done, sure, and look at doing it again in the future. We have invited, you know, our favorite artists here, and our artists have invited their favorite artists that they like to collect to contribute. So we have artists from.
Speaker 3: All our region.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tulsa, Cleveland, Bartlesville, Claire Moore, We also have Oklahoma City. We also have artists that have contributed from New Mexico from now I can't think.
Speaker 1: All covered quite a region that that's a good swath of folks.
Speaker 3: Yes, coming in from Wow, this is going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And we've got a lot of space there because Cooper and Mill they do have a little bit of space there.
Speaker 3: They've got some real estate.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we kind of are thinking of this as an art block party. Come on, come on down and look at all the artwork. You know, have some refreshments and visit with your fans. Pick out a piece of artwork that you just can't live without, and it's going to be a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, this really sounds wonderful, and we've got the poster prominently. It's played here at the radio station. And if you see the thing that looks like six x six but it's don real cleverly read it, folks, because you can find out everything that's going on there and you can get all the details. But this is really going to be a funny event. I'm looking forward to this weather. It's going to be perfect. You have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: The weather will be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we're our tagline is art is anything but Square, and so that's what we're hoping that people will find it more approachable. A lot of times, going into a gallery and looking for a piece of art, you think, wow, this really isn't for me. This event is for everyone.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like it.
Speaker 1: It sounds so welcoming and it's very fun and you don't have to worry about really much of anything but bringing yourself a smile and maybe a little bit of cash, yeah, and coming home with really something that's going to be very nice for your home or for someone that you know and love.
Speaker 2: Yes, And great gift and they're all very unique. And we'll have the art inside, we'll have food outside, and plus you know, Cooper and Mill has a large range of items that you can purchase there. And we start at three o'clock, so we'll be open from three until eight, so that gives a little more flexibility for people.
Speaker 1: Now, do you have a website or a Facebook page where people can consult case to kind of forget.
Speaker 2: Yes, both, but you can't pre folks, so yes, and it's Bartleville Art Association dot org or dot com you can get us either way or bevl Art dot com you can get us that way. There's several options for searching, so yeah, check us out. We've got a lot of other things going on over at the communities are over at our our art studio. We have classes and we have a big workshop coming up on the twelfth, thirteenth, and fourteenth featuring Sonya Turpining, who is an Oklahoma artist now living in Texas, and she has a piece in our six by six. She's been a professional artist for many years, so she's now living in Texas, but she's an Oklahoma girl.
Speaker 1: Now you're over here in the command she center got a caddy corner here from the radio station. And you got a lot of sunlight coming in these days.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's beautiful. We have really a great light, great for painting and drawing, and lots of room we can accommodate fifteen to twenty artists at a time. And you don't have to be an artist to participate in the Art Association. You can just be an art lover or enthusiast or support or whatever. We encourage everybody to get involved.
Speaker 1: Well, this really sounds like a lot of fun. Once again, the big event is coming up on November ninth, from three to eight. That's going to be at Cooper Mill. It's called the six by six and it is going to be fabulous. And of course once again we've got the special class coming up with the date again with.
Speaker 2: Our November twelve, thirteen and fourteen. It's a watercolor workshop and it's almost full. We've only got one or two spots.
Speaker 1: Left, okay, so check online or make a phone call folks a little bit later on this morning and see how that goes. And we'll try to accommodate as many people as we can.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you do have some room?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, oh yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well this is great.
Speaker 1: You know, Janet, I really appreciate you coming in here and kind of sharing some of this unique artwork on the six by six canvases that you've provided here. Old Ben Franklin, there never looked more colorful. Yes, I really like that one a lot who did that one?
Speaker 2: John Lenn Bloom did this one. There you go, And and this is Montyton. He's from Cleveland and he's also a professional artist.
Speaker 3: Money's got a lot of works around.
Speaker 2: Yes he does. He does beautiful work.
Speaker 1: Watercolor is a one of those things they can get away from you if you're not careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, a little a little too much water and things all go awry.
Speaker 3: That's why it's an art folks.
Speaker 2: That's yes, sir, it is.
Speaker 3: And who's you know what?
Speaker 2: The artists that did this cute little cat painting did not sign it. Oh so this is going to be no, yes, our mystery person and hopefully they'll come and and see all the activities and we can meet him when they're there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, artists to be named later.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for coming in today.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: All appreciate it once again. Bartlesville Art Association. Jenet Ouden, President, in with us today on our community connection