Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host.
Speaker 2: Samantha Fay, and I'm Deb Bowen, and we're.
Speaker 1: Happy to have you join us. This week, we're going to be talking about psychic tools. Now, in theory, the only psychic tool you'll ever need is you. Our body mind, spirit when working in harmony, is the best psychic tool you can rely on. However, we're also human, and from time to time we can doubt ourselves, become tired, or just find out that we're too close to a situation to get good solid intuitive guidance. This is why learning a psychic tool or two will be very good for you. Practice a few of the ones we're going to discuss this week and see which resonates for you. Now, Deb, I think you'll agreed that the greatest obstacle to awakening our intuition is our own self doubt.
Speaker 2: Don't you think absolutely?
Speaker 1: It's so hard to overcome that nagging voice that says you're getting this wrong? Who do you think you are? You can't do this? But utilizing tools to help you learn to work with your intuition will help you learn to trust your instincts. I know I've told this story maybe five hundred times on the show, but I think it's worth repeating because it's one I think about all the time. There's an old legend about the god's meeting to decide where they should hide the wisdom inherent in all of us humans. They were worried that we would discover how much power we actually had and would never need the gods again. So they met and decided to hide this power. One god wanted to hide it on top of a mountain, but the others argued that humans would climb to the top and discover the secrets of their greatness. Another god wanted to hide it in the depths of the ocean. Some suggested it should be buried in a cave.
Speaker 2: They read that.
Speaker 1: Humans were so smart and curious that they would eventually find this secret wisdom. Finally, when God said, no, we will hide it in the heart of man, he will never look there. And that story always resonates with me because in all the esoteric studies deb and I have done, it always comes back to those same two words, know thyself, It's all inside of us. When you learn to embrace your intuition and trust the still small voice inside you, unlock the secrets of your soul. As you start to embrace your intuition, you will feel more confident and empowered. And by studying these tools, you'll gradually strengthen your sixth sense and learn to be your own psychic. So the first tool we want to talk about is my personal favorite, which is psychometry. Psychometry is the ability to read an object connected to someone when we wear or carry something for a while, really anything. It doesn't have to be a special piece of cherish jewelry. It can be your car, keys, your phone, your watch. Our energy attaches to this object. Many intuitors can hold this object and pick up on information connected to the wearer. The word is derived from the Greek words psyche, meaning soul and metron, meaning measure. Joseph Buchanan coined the term in eighteen forty two. He conducted an experiment with his students where he placed different drugs and vials and how the students hold the vials and identify the drugs based on what they sensed from simply holding the vials. The success rate was greater than chance. Buchanan believed all objects had souls which retained memory. In nineteen nineteen, a German doctor named Gustav Pagantenker discovered that one of his patients, Maria raised a Zerald, could put herself into a trance while holding an object and could tell information about the owner's past, prison and future. Doctor Paginhiker believed objects held onto the vi vibrations of the wearer, and this is what the intuitives were reading while holding the object. Rosemary Allen Giley says information is passed to the intuitive through vibrations imbued into the objects by emotions and actions in the past. Now, I think this is a really cool description of psychometry. It comes from an article in Mystica where they write the connection between psychometry and aurs is based on the theory that the human mind radiates in all directions and around the entire body, which impresses everything within its orbit. All objects, no matter how solid they appear, are porous, containing small or even minute holes. These minute crevices in the object's surface collect minute fragments of the mental aura of the person possessing the object. Since the brain generates the aura, then something worn near the head would transmit better vibrations. Now that's something I hadn't thought about. Deb To ask for a necklace as a post to a brace little ring.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting comment, Samantha. And when you finish telling us about this article, I want to tell you a story about a student of mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, this idea that time is a man made concept really makes us think about psychometry as a psychic tool in a different way, because if time is simply just created by us, then it's perceivable that these objects hold vibrations that are very much alive, Meaning when you use psychometry, you're able to tap into the past, present, and future. If you want to try psychometry for yourself, you want to start by grounding your energy. Then you want to open your chakras and then spin your energy centers, go to your meditative place in your mind, and then physically hold the object to your solar plexus and see what you feel. Just pay attention to any feelings emotions that come to mind. You might feel anxious, peaceful at rest. You might feel happy or sad. You might feel remorseful or melancholy. Just pay attention to any emotion that floods through you. Next, you can hold the object near your throat chakra and see what you intuitively hear. Does a song pop into your head. Do you hear a saying your grandma always used to tell you. Finally, bring the object to your third eye and pay attention to what you see. Write down any symbols, colors, images, memories that come to mind. These might be very quick flashes, almost like trying to catch a dream upon waking.
Speaker 2: Write it all down.
Speaker 1: Now, if you don't have an object, you can also have the person sign their name. Our signature holds a lot of our energy. I think psychometry is one of the best psychic tools to use because it allows your brain to focus on holding this object while your intuitive mind can soar and really become a receptor for it.
Speaker 2: Psychic information, absolutely true, and I think psychometry is a fascinating tool really in so many ways. And what you point out I think is true. I had a student some years ago that I was testing with various objects, and I put in front of her a silver pin like a lady would wear on her lapel of her jacket. And I put a bracelet made of yarn that was popular back in the nineties that they came from Guatemala, and kids everywhere wore were these bracelets in the nineties. And I put those two objects in front of her, and I said, jell me, what comes up. And so she picked up the pin and she held it and she did exactly what I had taught her to do, exactly what you have just suggested to our listeners to do. And she said, this pen belonged to your mother, and I can see her, and she told me exactly what my mom looked like in the days when she wore them. Well, I'm thinking, okay, ladies don't wear pins like that anymore, so that might be kind of okay, maybe so. But she picked up the bracelet and she held it and she started to cry, and she said the bracelet wasn't used as a bracelet, It was a collar for your cat, Merlin.
Speaker 1: She was right.
Speaker 2: I just love that she could do that. That is wonderful, really was.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why psychometry is so cool, because it not only links us to the person's energy, but it can link us to the other side. That was Merlin coming through to say hello to you.
Speaker 2: You bet it, absolutely so.
Speaker 1: I just want to add psychometry I think is an excellent tool for mediums.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. And what you say about past president future I think is also absolutely true. I've never tested it for the future. But I think that's an interesting thought. So let's move on, Samantha. Let's talk about pendulums because I love pendulums. Basically, a pendulum is anything that weighs, something that you put on a string that can move back and forth. That's really what it is. They've been used throughout history to find water, gold, treasures, and so much more. Did you know that during World War II they were used to locate hidden bombs. Miners in South Africa use pendulums to find precious metals. I have a friend who uses a pendulum to tell her what is the most healthy vegetables in the grocery store. She goes into our local health food store with her pendulum every week. How does a pendulum work? Crystal Vault's website says, quite simply, a pendulum reacts to your subconscious mind. When held properly, the pendulum will react to very small nerve reactions in your fingers that are generated by your unconscious mind. In response to a question that you put Different nerve reactions will be detected depending on what your subconscious mind knows. Now, these nerve reactions are transmitted to your fingers from your unconscious mind and through your fingers to the chain holding the weight of the pendulum. These tiny nerve transmissions affect the chain and are then transmitted through the chain to the weight, causing it to move in some direction. To debunk a common myth, a pendulum is not moved by some spirit or by magic. It is moved by your mind, just the parts you can't normally communicate with very well. But there is some magic in the process. If we can figure out how to interpret the signals from the subconscious mind, we can communicate with it, and it can tell us things our conscious mind doesn't know, and that's the magic. Most pendulums found in metaphysical source today are made from some kind of crystal on a chain. Pendulums typically give the currant a yes, no, maybe, don't know answer, and they can be a really good starting point in working with your intuitive ability. So I know that a lot of times folks will who want to delve into the world of intuitive work will begin with a pendulum, because once you create a relationship with a pendulum, and I'll talk about that in a minute, you really do have the good starting point for a good way to test your connections to information. So here's what you need to do. Once you get a pendulum, hold it in your hand. Allow the top three inches or so of the chain to drape over your fingers as you hold it dangling between your thumb and your forefinger. A lot of pendulum chains these days have a little stone sometimes, or a knot or something that helps you to hold it steady between your fingers. Ask the pendulum to show you it's direction that it plans to move in for yes, and wait for it to move. Let me make another suggestion here. Before you ask the pendulum its directions, ask the pendulum if it's willing to work with you. And I know that may sound like an odd thing to do, but it's important to at least build begin to build some kind of an energetic connection with the pendulum, because really, in some ways you are using psychometry with your own tool. Gar and I remember when I was buying my first pendulum. I went to a bunch of pendulums before I found the one that really felt like it was the right pendulum for me. And I felt that by the way it just vibrated a little bit in my hand. So once I got that squared away, then I moved into the show me which direction is. Yes.
Speaker 1: That's a great suggestion, doub because as you say that, I'm thinking way back when I was doing my own intuitive development and my friends and I started the Seekers group. You know, each month someone would host and present on a topic. And so one month one of the friends presented on how to make your own pendulum. So that was super fun, and she had brought little kits and we made her own pendulums. I made a hematite pendulum and that has always worked really well for me with intuitive guidance, and so then I thought, well, I made this for myself, and it's hematite, and I have so much hematite. So then I bought like a fancy chakra pendulum with all the different crystals and it has a beautiful amethyst at the bottom, and that one does not work as well for intuitive guidance. And so finally I said, are you here to work with me for something else? And it did its swaying for yes. And so I've learned that my hematite is good for my intuitive guidance, and my chakra pendulum is what I use for energy healing when I do reiki on someone and I'm trying to figure out which chakras are blocked or open or need work on. So that's a really good point. Some pendulums do want to work with you, some maybe don't resonate with you, and others will want to work with you for different reasons, either intuition or healing.
Speaker 2: True, absolutely, and you know it does not need to be a fancy half dollar crystal. You can put a safety pin on a string and you've got a pendulum.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what's the old trick when you're pregnant and you put what is it a button on the end of a string and you hold it over a woman's womb.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is a button. I can't remember, but yes, I mean good golic, So lots of things anyway, So Samantha, let's assume that you've got your pendulum, and you want to begin to really communicate with your pendulum, because in many ways, working with a pendulum is working with your own energy field and your own psychometry basically. So you want to hold it in your hand loosely gently. Most pendulum these days that I've seen have a little beat at the top or another stone that fits between your fingers, so that you've got a nice way to hold it and you want to ask your pendulum to show you its direction that it will move to indicate yes for an answer, and to show you no, and to show you I don't know or maybe, and ask the pendulum to be consistent with that. Consistency with the pendulum is one of the most important aspects of working with a pendulum is that you know that every time that pendulum moves in a particular direction that is a yes answer or a no answer or whatever. For example, my pendulum moves back and forth right to left for noe. It moves in a circle for yes, and it moves and you would think this would be counterintuitive, but it moves backwards and forwards, away from me and towards me for I don't know or maybe.
Speaker 1: See that's important because mine goes love to write for no, it goes back and forth for yes, and then it just bounces on the end of the chain for I don't know or maybe.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting? But there's a fourth possibility. And I learned this in stone Hinge. I held my pendulum. This is one of the things I wanted to do for so many years. When I went to Stonehenge, I took off my shoes before I entered that circle, and I stood at the Kingstone in the center of Stonehenge. I held my pendulum over that stone and it vibrated in my hand. I can't even describe it to you. It was this amazing fast vibration and I thought, Wow, I wonder what this is about. What I learned was that that's what pendulums typically do when placed over lay lines. So I found that to be true at Stone Hinge. I found it to be true over the high altar at Glastonbury Abbey and some other places in London where lay lines had run through. What's important is that you build that relationship of the answers with your pendulum, and you can test it, test it. Ask it questions you know the answer to, and ask it false questions. You know, is my name Mary for example, if your name is Jane, and see what it does? Or is the sky yellow? Pay attention to setting out your intent with the pendulum and the movements that your pendulum will make. If your pendulum really swings quickly and widely, for example, and different than it normally does, it indicates sometimes that there is a strong energy around the question you've asked. And sometimes if it moves just a little, it indicates waning energy or that the answer could change. So just know that there are nuances to the answers that you may get from your pendulum. And if you are using your pendulum for yes no answers, that's great and that's a good way to start. You can also began, as you mentioned earlier, use your pendulum to help you see and it literally you can see blocked chakras and what you might want to do for them. You can use charts. I've seen great charts of how pendulums will help you to differentiate the nuances of answers, many things that you can do if you're interested in learning more and looking at some of those charts. La at crystal inks has some great information on that, and that's crystalinks dot com slash pendulum.
Speaker 1: We're just touching the tip of the iceberg here. I mean, there are whole books, you know that are been written on each of these psychic tools. So we hope this inspires you to dive and do some more research on your own. People have used pendulums to find people, to find locations, to find all sorts of cool things. So you can hold a pendulum over a map. You can create your own chart where you right, yes, no, maybe or not now and hold the pendulum over that. There's so many different things you can do. And let's take a quick break and then we'll talk about another one of my favorite psychic tools, crystals.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, I wanted to let you know that I am working on some new courses coming up in the near future, but in the meantime, I'm also offering some other things that you might be interested in. For example, on my website you can find links to numerology reports, animal guide reports, and e booklets about guarding with the Spirit of the Plant Kingdom, with working with moon energy, working with the major arcana, and crystals. So take a look at my website step Bowen dot com. And while you're there on my website, i'd love it if you subscribe to my free substack and visit with Merlin's picture on my website homepage. I think you'll like looking at him. Stepbowen dot com. Thanks so much, everybody.
Speaker 1: Let's get into our next crystal tool. Okay, So, crystals are not only a gift from the Earth that can help us increase our vibrations and open our third eye and protect our spiritual energy plus charge up our whole room and house with positive vibes. They can also help us with our intuition. Crystals have been used throughout the ages as talismans for protection, adornments and temples, and symbols of loyalty and love. We all know they're used in watches and computers, but they can also be used to jumpstart your psychic ability. Crystals work within our oric field and serve as a conduit for energy flow, So you can use crystals to enhance your meditation to awaken your third eye. Think about it this way. This is how I like to explain crystals. A crystal vibrates at a fixed rate. So let's just make up a scale of zero to ten. So let's say a rose quartz always vibrates at a seven, and let's say a cid trene always vibrates at an eight. I'm making these up, but just for example, they vibrate at a fixed rate. It never changes. We, on the other hand, we vibrate at all sorts of different rates. We might wake up vibrating at an eight. This is going to be a great day. Everything's fine, and when we go to bed, we might be vibrating at a two because life happens and our energy goes up and it goes down when in science has proven this. When we are within the energetic vibration of a crystal, our vibrations and the crystals vibrations meet and connect and the crystal harmonizes our vibration to match its own. Isn't that cool? I mean, that's how amazing crystals are. So if you're feeling low, you can go to a high vibrational like clear quartz and pull your energy up. If you're feeling way too up and you need to ground yourself, you can go to a jasper or heematite and balance your energy out. So crystals can do so much for us. When we wear or carry crystals with us, they are sinking our energetic fields and helping us to awaken our intuition. So there are several ways you can use crystals to enhance your intuition. One I think that most people think about is crystal scrying. This is an ancient technique that goes back five thousand years. It involves staring into a crystal, allowing one to access the unconscious mind and higher levels of intuition. Queen Elizabeth the first astrologer John d He used an obsidian for scrying. Gene Dixon, who we've talked about on the show. Also, she's the one who's famous for predicting John F. Kennedy's assassination. She used a crystal ball to get her scrying psychic information. So scrying involves the act of relaxing your mind so that you can connect with your intuitive guidance. The word comes from the Old English to scry, which means to reveal mystics. Throughout the ages have used water or crystals to practice crying. No Sardamis used a bowl of water to see his visions. Scrying allows the conscious mind to relax that you can get into a deeper, more trance like state. When I first learned about scrying, I thought the images and visions would appear in the crystal.
Speaker 2: Ball or the bowl of water.
Speaker 1: But what actually happens is that the images, information, and messages appear in your mind's eye. The act of scrying is simply to allow your monkey mind, your overthinking, anxious, go go go mind, to relax so that you can tap into your super conscious or higher self for guidance and information. So if you'd like to try scrying, you can either fill a shallow bowl with water or look into a crystal ball, or you can stare at a candle flame. I like to take a large clear courtz and just stare into that. So I don't have a crystal ball, but I do have a large clear courtz, and often I will just meditate by staring into the shapes of the stone. You want to sit in a dimly lit room, follow the guidelines for grounding, opening, and spinning your chakras, and then stare into the bowl, the ball, or the flame and let your mind relax. When you're done, write down any symbols, pictures, words, sounds, people, or images or ideas that came into your mind. Now, you can also use crystals to do a crystal reading. You can use a chakra bag with a crystal representing each chakra to do a very accurate reading. Let's say, for example, you ask a question like what is blocking me from getting the job I'm seeking? And you reach into your chakra bag and you pull a jasper, a rose quartz, and an angelite. Well, these crystals are telling you that first you need to focus on grounding your energy and your goals in the here and now. Jasper is telling you to focus on the root chakra and make sure you feel safe and secure where you are now before you can manifest this new position. The Rose Courts is asking you to release your current job with love and to focus more on your heart chakra. As you get more grounded in the here and now and focus on loving yourself, you'll be able to attract the best job for you. The Angelite is highlighting your throat chakra at bringing a message that you need to communicate your needs, make sure you're heard and valued, and be authentic with your goal. It could be that there's something left unset at your current job that needs to be spoken aloud, or it could indicate there's an aspect of this goal you need to be more honest about. Do you really want this job or are you just after more money or a new location. The Angelite also reminds you to call on the help of your guides and angels. Beauty of doing a crystal reading is that allows your mind to focus on the stone so your intuition can soar and become a true receiver of psychic information. So something I love about doing a crystal reading you guys know I love to row and oracle cards and I look to them often, but I'm always thinking, wait, what does the Night of Wan's mean reversed? Let me look that up, and so it pops me into my thinking mind very very quickly. Intuition kind of dies in the thinking mind. So what's nice about doing a crystal reading? There's nothing to think about necessarily, there's no book, there's no right or wrong way to do it. If a rose quartz reminds you of love, then that's what that stone means. But if a rose Court's to you means forgiveness, then that's what it means in that reading. And so that's the beauty of trying to do a crystal reading. I really think everyone should at least give it a try. Let's take a quick break, and then we'll talk about another one of my favorite psychic tools. Hey guys, if you're going to be near Long Island in July, I hope you'll come see me at Amineville Apothecary Thursday night, July twenty third. I'm going to be teaching my Manifest Miracles class. It will be a fun, interactive class. Will you'll learn how to use crystals, feng shui, and powerful thought techniques to truly master the art of manifesting. The class covers how to identify and clear old patterns that are holding you back, the science behind manifesting, and how to use imagery to train your subconscious to manifest for you. Then in August, I'll be teaching an Intuitive Development Weekend hosted by the Edgar kcar will be at the Wild Acres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, North Carolina, from August twentieth to the twenty third. And don't forget my labradorite bracelets are still on sale for the month of June. Hope to see you this summer. So you move from crystals to talk about.
Speaker 2: Dreams, let's talk about on niromancy. Isn't that a great word? On niromancy, which is a form of divination based on dreams and uses dreams to predict the future. Obviously, of course, it has been dismissed by the scientific community and skeptics as being superstition. Experiments do not support the idea in any way that dreams can predict the future beyond the expectations of the person dreaming. Occasionally, the dreamer feels as if he or she is transported to another time or place, proving they are in fact providing divine information upon their return. Now, given that science says no, this isn't real, there certainly have been some spiritual validations about the idea of divination, and of course the Bible is filled with them, and I'll just share a couple of them. Many of these you all know. About God speaking to Abraham while he is in a deep sleep, Jacob dreaming of the latter to heaven, Jacob's son Joseph dreaming of his future success and interpreting the dreams of the pharaohs, all sorts of stuff in Egypt with that, Solomon conversing with God in his dreams, the Magi being told in a dream to avoid Herod on their journey home. Joseph, when betrothed to Mary, was told not to fear taking her as his wife, and then later when they were married, directed to flee with Mary and Jesuph to Egypt. And he goes on and on and on. So lots of Biblical references to dreams giving us information that needed to be heeded. There's a wonderful book, a manuscript called the Ramsdes Dream Book. Now in the British Museum example of dream interpretation from pre Ellenistic Egypt. Just fascinating how this notion of what our dream state gives us across so many different cultures Mesopotamia, Greece, Persia, each so many other places where we're told what is going to happen in our dream state as we sleep at night. Science, of course, tells us we don't really know why we dream, even much less whether or not they provide us with information it's valid. We wonder if they are a way of sorting through events and emotions of our days. Do they help us problem solve with the assistance of our unconscious mind? Are the people, events, places, etc. In our dreams personal symbols to us? And add to what Carl Young calls the collective unconscious? Are these dreams real? Where do they come from? Are they messages from your guides, your loved ones, from across the veil? The acotic records? As if your own subconscious or unconscious mind, your own intuition working. And the truth is we really don't know. We really don't know. But if you have ever had a precognitive dream and it has come true, then you have some basis to believe that this is in fact true, and I think that there are ways that we can work with our dream states. I personally believe that dreams are often a messengers, sometimes not. Sometimes there are what I think scientists actually even call trash dreams where you are processing your day. Sometimes they are information given to you in your dream state that you need. So you can train yourself to be aware of your dreams every night by keeping a notepad and a pencil by your bed or a tape recorder, telling yourself that you will wake up and remember your dreams. And at first what I think will happen, or it certainly did with me, is I would wake up during the night and only could hold on to a fragment of a dream. But I would I would write it down, and I would ask for more clarity and more symbols, And my subconscious began to work with me with that to a point where I could remember a lot more of my dreams. And I began to realize that some of the symbols in my dreams were my own personal symbol, my own personal dictionary. Some came from the collective unconscious that Carl Jung gives us information about. One of the things I would invite you to kind of steer away from is just googling what does snakes mean? For example, Don't google that, because you're going to come up with a bunch of different answers and different cultural beliefs. And what becomes important is what the snakes mean to you, not what do they mean in various other places for example. So basically creating your own dream dictionary is what I'm suggesting here. And I think that your day life becomes richer when you have a connection to your dream life. And one of the things that also happens in as a gift from our dream world in terms of intuition, is that we do get messages I think from our loved ones across the vale. And I've talked before on this podcast about episodes where I have had visits from loved ones from the other side in my dream state. And I have to tell you, Samantha that when we were talking about psychometry earlier, and we were talking about Merlin, my wonderful magic cat, I had a dream about him last night and he was as alive and warm and smelled just like he did all those years ago to me. And so he still comes to see me sometimes and I just think that's just a wonderful gift from him, and I know it. I know that when he comes, I'm being comforted and told it things are okay. So we have so much more to talk about in terms of so.
Speaker 1: Before we wrap up, I just want to say that last year we did a whole episode on dreaming and lucid dreaming and how to remember your dreams. So look back into our archives for that, because there's a lot of fun tips we've mentioned on how to remember your dreams. And on my other podcast, Lightened m Paths, just this past October, we did a whole one hour show on pre cognitive dreaming and the research we came up with was really fascinating. I think it was the nineteen forties or fifties in England. A man opened up a phone, not like a one eight hundred phone thing, but he provided a phone number and a newspaper column where people could report their pre cognitive dreams and he tracked it for a number of years and then published his findings. And so while I agree with you deb that science isn't on board, some scientists are open to it, and there has been some pretty cool research and we also talk about on that Enlightened Empaths episode, some of the research done into nine to eleven. I mean, so many people reported dreaming of that before it happened, so I recommend you check that out too. It's a fascinating topic to dive into. But yeah, we are at a time tune in because we're going to continue our discussion of psychic tools. We're going to be talking about dunes and tea leaving and palmistry and so much more. We hope you guys have a great week. As always, be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.