Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from GiantBomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about another set of glowing reviews for a new game, and a Nintendo direct is happening this week. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jeff Bakolour on the show. Jereff, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am doing swell. Thank you for having me. It's good to be back.
Speaker 3: On the GMM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're making it happen for sure. We were talking about pinball before we got started. What was the first like great pinball machine. Is there like a one where it's like, oh, this is when they really figured it out in like the eighties or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure there's, Yes, there's stuff from the eighties. Terminator gets a lot of that credit for me personally. There was a game I think it's called Top Speed, which is like a police cruiser game. But you know that was like my first like bowling alley game for me. Adams family just sort of owns that. You know, it's the best selling pinball game of all time. Uh, that one just I think spoke to an entire generation in a way that has been you know, lasting, unlike anything like it.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's it's like, it's weird how Adam's families like cultural footprints, spreads out so much wider than the than the show or whatever.
Speaker 3: Where it's right that Fester's quest.
Speaker 1: On the ns everyone had that everyone had this Adams Family pinball table.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The movies actually were fantastic. I haven't watched the new animated ones. I wonder if those are any good.
Speaker 2: I've heard decent stuff about the the the new animated ones. I've heard they're okay, which you know, as long as it's somewhat new Adams Family content, we're being well served. But yeah, those two nineties ones are just they've aged so well. Also, like, uh, they're they're immaculate.
Speaker 1: Also, we might have had fishing week a bit too early, right are you gonna have Are you gonna have a fishing week here in your life?
Speaker 3: Pretty soon you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting all these photos of my son going fishing in Sleepway Camp and he's catching all kinds of fish that I cannot place a name too, because.
Speaker 3: I yeah, we can't identify.
Speaker 1: And we were looking at him like I said, a perch man, I don't know you, but you said perch.
Speaker 2: I didn't know a fish call it was they perch. That's I just know, like trout and like you know, I don't know something.
Speaker 3: I taught with a blue Gil that didn't look like a blue Gil. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: No, it had read in it. So yeah, yeah, it's amazing. He's a he's a fisher person. Uh it's it's incredible to see.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I bet I bet you this grub. I bet you he's not taking him off the line though.
Speaker 3: I bet he's a lot of help with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, professional with gloves or something.
Speaker 1: I can get that him. I don't do the little work that's for you people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you pay someone for that.
Speaker 3: That's that's what we're paying for.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think I was definitely like at that age when I was catching fishing boy scouts, was like, I need some help with this, especially putting the worms on the hook. I was never good at that. That was difficult for me and also a little icky. All right, let's explain ourselves. We're giant bomb, We're a bunch of internet video game dufaces, and we're gonna keep hanging out here with your help. If you go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member, you're gonna be supporting us, supporting independent games media, ensuring we can keep doing things the way we like to do with them.
Speaker 3: And we really appreciate everyone who has supported us. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: If you come through and do exactly that, though, if you have not so far, you're gonna get ad free versions of our shows. You're going to get premium exclusive content. We're recording a new episode of Cat Jurfman here pretty soon, so the premium blights will be underway. I think got something to be pretty excited about because it really enables us to do some even weirder and stranger stuff on that show. I'm very excited about it. That has been a lot of fun so far. You're looking forward to getting back in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to donning the outfit, is what I'll say. Uh, I've heard it on the weekends for just for just for shits and.
Speaker 3: Giggles, recreational purposes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. No, it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: That's uh.
Speaker 2: That game is real dumb and uh, we're I think we're having a good laugh making our way through it, and it's fun. There I said it. I'm having fun playing the bad game, and I hope you'll join us when that show starts posting.
Speaker 1: It is like it has been sort of revelatory for the rest of us on Blake Club, where we kind of keep looking left and right, like meet me, Dan and Mike at each other, being like, wait, this game is still bad. It's still Blake Club, but it's not the absolute utter, like devastating trash garbage we've been giving to each other. We could be playing Catwoman, and yet for some reason we keep giving each other space ace and virtuo. So yeah, and whatever else now, and yeah, don't blame yourself.
Speaker 2: Don't blame yourselves, Blame the paying all audience. That is who you should be blaming. They what they were doing, They knew what they were doing. They had every opportunity to make this bad, and they made it good. So blame is This is what I always say. I say this internally, little peak behind the curtain. Blame the audience.
Speaker 1: Blame the audience. It's a classic trick here at Giant Bomb.
Speaker 2: Get me next time, everyone, You'll get me next time.
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help piecerr gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube, aren't we have a lot to get into before we do that?
Speaker 3: Real quick? There's a big walk quick look up every one. You go check out. We got that going over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Sean made sure that was ready to go, So go check that out on the site, go check it out on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It's got multiple perspectives, so you.
Speaker 1: Can really get a good look at what that game's all about. We start from the beginning, so there's not like if you kind of just want to check in and peek in and see what the experience is like, you're not gonna get a ton of spoilers. Because we didn't know what the fuck we were doing. Jeff Beckard did know what he was doing. He kept it quiet so we could discover it ourselves. So yeah, you're not gonna get in there and like actually get spoiled or anything. So eventually you will, but I know, just check out the first ten minutes and see if you want, because people are talking good things about this game, and yeah, Big Walk reviews are end and the game seems to be doing very well. I'm gonna double check Open Critic right now and see if they updated with an actual score. So far they have it, but it's got like a ninety three over on Metacritic. Yeah, very very good. Five stars from Chris Shilling at Eurogamer. The untitled Goose Game Team returns with a funny, exciting, and deeply rewarding multiplayer adventure that combines knock about fun with some risingly big ideas. Five stars from Mron Cohn at Restart Run. I think what Big Walk does that's so compelling is that it grabs the little part of your brain that is begging to be enriched by curiosity and interaction and massages it ever so gently with your friends as the background. That is not something that you can simply drop people into and hope happens. It is meticulously, meticulously crafted and planned by expert hands, and then an eight out of ten from Marcus Kenneth at CG Magazine, Big Walk delivers on a promise that's rare in in cooperative games. Nothing here is scripted, and the funniest moments are are ones that games that the game couldn't have planned even if it wanted to.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of like it's an emergent sort of gameplay or an emergent like friend hangout zone thing that is enwrapped by a sort of multiplayer missed experience where you have all of these puzzles that are just standing there, they're in front of you, and then it's up to you to sort of like figure out what can you poke and product either right there in the puzzle or elsewhere in the world to.
Speaker 3: Solve that problem.
Speaker 1: And then it like it sort of develops that idea in multiple directions, but the biggest one being like time and space, like time space and the way sound works, and I guess the way lighting works. So you could split up and start going in different directions, and it's very hard to hear from a distance, so you have to use like visuals like like storytelling to each other where you're using your arms, or eventually you get walkie talkies, but those are like few and far between, at least early on, so you have to kind of use those sparingly or like find the right people to have those, and then kind of split up into groups and plan and organize, and then like you're like if you do get split up and say, I'm like looking out in the dark and I could see two lights walking through the woods, I'm like, oh, there's the guys. Let's see if we can, like we should probably just try to get their attention, get them over here. All this stuff sort of just happens emergently while it is this very like designed island. It is not, for example, like other friendslop games which I always use affectionately. It's where it is procedurally generated and you're getting a different island each time. Like, no, this is designed and they kind of knew what they were doing with that. I like immediately was like, Okay, I'm getting lost in this world and having a great time figuring it out with friends. So yeah, you played it with us, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think what's so amazing about this is you know, this game took a minute to make too, right, Like this is definitely a labor of love for a while. And I think it's such a testament to like how meticulous everything was sort of placed, the sort of tools, the suite of sort of tools in this kind of sandbox thing is so hard to kind of like, you know, put yourself outside of what you probably become so close to and so intimate with during the development process. To just like have that kind of confidence and and uh, you know, willingness to take this kind of risk is really impressive to me. I really think that sort of careful decision making is something to really be celebrated. And this is just like what it's amazing about this is like this is just the beginning, right, Like this is just like a review time. No one's played this in a way that we are going to start to see all the amazing clips and all the amazing stuff that is birthed by this game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I do, yes, I remember when we were when I first saw this game, I was talking with the developers, you know they you said, you have this affectionate friend slab genre sort of thing, Like I think they know, like that can be an affectionate kind of thing. They definitely were like, oh my god, we can't hear that anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's not what you mean, right, No, And most people when they're they're like and like I've seen people talk like this is not just friends slop, and it's like there's a there's a distinction here, is not for sure feels very different from a lot of those games to become big streaming hits and stuff like.
Speaker 2: Totally and and there's undoubtedly overlap too, like you can't like you can't decouple those two things. The amazing thing though, is that Big Walk just like carves out its own little spot in a way not even little like this own substantial spot that is that none of those games can touch like they are just light years behind. And that's okay because like the the the the way in which you are sort of meant to play this game like demands that you have this thing. I guess the I guess like, if you don't have any friends, this is bad, Like get friends, for sure, get like good friends, because if you don't have good or get a good get a good friend singular because I because if you don't this is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Rough for you, I want to say, right, and I definitely already feel it's like, man, I want to play more of this, and like we have all like we have a lot of like excuses to make that happen, but we're very busy. It's like, can we like get ourselves together to play this again? And it's already like, man, I hope we can figure that out. If you're someone in life that like stresses about trying to like get your friend's time and say, hey, let's commit to this, at the very least, I think you're gonna have one that most people are gonna come away with being like that was worth it. Yeah, I'm glad we play I'm glad we played that. So like this is gonna be an easy, sort of convincing sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just.
Speaker 2: Gonna take a half hour, right, Like it's like you're gonna pop into this. The onboarding is super simple. I mean even for the most sort of like casual players. I think you're gonna get onboard to real fast. And once you realize like, oh what you are kind of meant to do and explore, I don't see how you could even play for a half hour. I feel like that first session is gonna be nine minutes and you're just gonna realize like, oh my gosh, like we're doing this thing together. It's you know, you love to see it like who is not instantly sort of falling in love with this thing and the sort of full and careful you know, it's just it's funny. That's I think that that's like it is. It just gives you all the pieces to just be so funny and thoughtful. Yeah, I can't enough good stuff about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm looking forward to getting in there and and spending some more time with it. It's like it has it soaks into me where I'm like, man, I want to solve. I can think of a couple of puzzles that we came across that we couldn't solve. I'm like, well, I got we got to figure that stuff out. I have some theories. That is a lot of fun and it does like scratch the missed part of my brain while also being like this is something completely different and and yeah, just goofing off with friends is something that games are like not just good at, like it's like very good at it. And we have clearly figured that out in the last couple of years, a couple of years since the pandemic and all this friend slap stuff has happened, and and stuff like Peak has just been like, Yeah, that is the entire thing we're doing here, and then now like to take that concept and especially especially proximity chat and be like all right, now, let's build on top of that and directions that's what this is doing. It's like, oh, this is a whole genre that is yet like it's not even close to being taffed. We haven't really figured out all the things that this can do, and this is showing us. It's like, yeah, there is space for that, and it's not like some big barrier that we're putting out a game that requires you to play with friends. That is a that's actually a benefit and it's probably gonna lead to more success for it. I think a lot of big studios will be afraid of that. That's why we don't get a lot of games like Joseph Feriss's two player only cooperative games that is like, oh, people need two people that are two players. That's like a scary thing like that we're gonna have to tell a person you're gonna to either get two copies, and they have voys to solve for that. But I think they realize that it's like, man, people really like playing games together. That's almost the whole point for a huge subset of our audience. So let's serve more of that up and I think this is delivering exactly that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: There's a new Nintendo Direct dropping tomorrow dedicated to Fire Emblem fortunes Weave. This is from Dave Aubrey at VGC. A new Nintendo Direct will be premiering in less than twenty four hours, entirely dedicated to the upcoming Fire Emblem Fortunes Weave. The presentation will debut at seven A Pacific time and will be roughly twenty minutes long, detailing new features for the Nintendo Switch to exclusive.
Speaker 3: These are the times.
Speaker 1: They basically list all the times here at seven am Pacific time. That's ten am Eastern. Let's see four pm Ceest, which I know a lot of people probably live in. There's a whole bunch of other times here, but yeah, you get the idea. The full announcement post from Nintendo reads as follows. The heroic games are approaching tune in on August fourth at seven am Pacific time for the Fire Emblem Fortunes. We've direct roughly twenty minutes of new information about the game. They've been doing these like a little bit more frequently, the game dedicated Nintendo directs. They probably like they have a lot to talk about in terms of like their other games, Like we are like all kind of waiting for more information.
Speaker 3: About Zelda, about Dusk Bloods.
Speaker 1: Which they're working with frum Soft on, and they did show a lot of that during the last Nintendo direct, which happened in the Summer Game Fest timeframe, the E three time frame, and so like a lot of us are like, when are we gonna get more information about that.
Speaker 3: I still think that's probably like a direct or.
Speaker 1: Something in September or maybe these games get their own dedicated directs like this, but this game's coming up much sooner than that, so they did have to kind of come out and really give us more information. And I guess, you know, I'm definitely wondering when it comes to Fire Emblem, what's going to be different this time, because they that's a series that could be a lot of different things in the past. You know, it's traditionally just been like, hey, it's a tactical RPG, a strategy RPG sort of game, But then they always have a layer of like, okay, and here's how the characters interact.
Speaker 3: With one another.
Speaker 1: Maybe this time they are they're an army and they can have kids together and those kids come from the future back to the past and you fight alongside them. Or this one you're in a school and here's how like the relationships are very different. This one's supposed to be more of a follow up to the one that had the school rehouses. There's some character crossover just a little bit, and so I'm like wondering, how does that like present, is there school stuff? Is there something that kind of stands in it that's very similar? And so people get that information, and then I'm always curious to like, just tell me how I'm going to be interacting with the strategy element. That is why I show up, and how's that going to be different? So yeah, twenty minutes on this we'll get that information. And this is when in Nintendo's bigger games.
Speaker 3: Of the years. So here we are Backlar. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, is this the first fire emblem that's gotten this kind of direct treatment.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't remember. That's a good question because.
Speaker 2: You know, for me, you know, I've I've never really gotten into one of these before. And I feel like when Nintendo kind of like the dedicates this amount of time to a thing, they're sort of like planning their flag in the ground and making it like a temple kind of thing that they don't do for everything.
Speaker 1: Fire Moment is definitely like a race its profile to that point. It is definitely one of Nintendo's more top tier franchises.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not Mario and Zelda, but it is. It is in that next tier.
Speaker 1: It is like it does sit alongside stuff like Splatoon, although.
Speaker 3: Maybe not sales squads.
Speaker 1: Basically, Fire Moville has kind of raised its profile and Nintendo has gotten to a point where they definitely want to like make that clear, and I think that they want to make it feel special. So I think to your point, yes, I think this this direct does speak to that. Now, you know, the details will get those tomorrow and we'll see exactly how this is different. But uh yeah, I expect us to get this and then there probably will just be a more general direct in September, because we do got to hear about that Zelda, right, we got to hear about just what's like what those games are coming out this year, and we still kind of know nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, Uh, Fortune's Weave is about five weeks out, six weeks out, give or take right and Dusk Bloods. To me, I mean, you know, I'm speaking for my own sort of opinion what I care about, Like, that's the thing that I'm that to me, that's the bigger sort of black box of like what is just happening there. Uh, and the and the Zelda stuff is also kind of opaque in a way that we know it's a remake, but it's like there there needs to be some information filled in between now and when we're going to see this thing. Yeah, it's uh interesting the cadence for which this stuff comes out. I gotta say though, like now that we've seen the behavior of how these directs sort of work, like this could be a twelve hour notice, you know, for the next time they want to spend talking about something. So yeah, you know, I'm not I'm not There's no reason to sound any kind of alarm just yet, because these things change overnight.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that is uh.
Speaker 1: I think that might also be a good point where it's like, oh, a general direct in September could happen. But you know, Dusk Blood is a big partnership with from Software. You might want to just like sort of establish the credentials of that game on its own with that audience. Do something like this for that game, and then Zelda will be sort of taking it has taken over the mantle taking the torch for the anniversary celebration where they were just doing that with Mario, which was like that was at the fortieth anniversary, and now it's like Zelda's fortieth anniversary, and I think they're like, Okay, maybe we can have a big director that does explain the game but then talks about the movie and other stuff that we were doing to celebrate. Like there's always there's been ongoing rumors of like, oh, there will be a Zelda themed a console or a switch to that is Zelda themed for the fortieth anniversary maybe and not maybe not even just for the game or the movie, but just for Zelda generally. And it's like, oh, if they have that, they probably have a bunch of other stuff that they want to talk about. And so yeah, Zelda very easily could just get its own direct here very soon. All right, Wolverine's going to get us butt out. This is from John Walker at Kotaku breaking news. We're probably going to see Wolverine's ass in Marvel's Wolverine when it releases on PlayStation five on September fifteenth, as spotted by mp first. According to the ESPO ESRB content description, which is signs Wolverine a mature seventeen plus rating, we shall all have the pleasure of a character's exposed.
Speaker 3: Buttocks, which is a quote.
Speaker 1: It's been made extremely clear that Insomniac's approach to Wolverine is very different from that of the Studio Spider Man series, with its first trailer back in June providing extraordinarily proving to be extraordinarily violent. Since then, we see the animantium infused anti hero kicking ass in a far less gory teezer, leading to some backlash about Logan's weird looking face. So I didn't see that was their puddle news about that. I know, face is weird, light I missed that meeting. I don't know, but soon we shall. Yeah, it's got a weird looking face. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: That's not Canadian, That's not what Canadians look like.
Speaker 1: But soon we shall be turning our attention to how he appears at the other end of the eating process. A very good John Walker with the ESRB revealing that among the violence, blood cursing, and drug references, we will also see a handful of sequences briefly depicting the character's exposed buttocks. I think we're all we all probably are assuming John John writes here. But we're assuming that is Wolverine, right, We're gonna see wolverines.
Speaker 2: But sure no one, no one's had the nerve to show his full ass yet in any kind of popular media. I'm glad. I'm glad this is it. I'm also glad, like this is the M rated content we're talking about in the game, and not the fact that my man is just like ripping round out of people. You know, every way imaginable, But that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's all good chunks, chunks of body parts and bodily fluids just flying all over the place. That's you know, this was a game that I heard early on was going to go for the extreme R rating of like when Hollywood says like, we're gonna do that. We're gonna make a movie that's a real R rated movie, right, And that's like the vibe that they were going for internally. That first trailer definitely established that absolutely, And it's like, and if you're gonna do that, you might as well just make it a full like this is an adult theme, adult concepts and and mature themes and to video games, that still means we're gonna see ass. Yeah, but yeah, I guess like Spider Man sold very very well.
Speaker 3: It's a game anyone can play.
Speaker 1: Uh, Wolverine does feel like it should be able to like appeal to everybody. But he's also a character that has kind of famous for like, oh, he just slices dudes up, like like if we were gonna get him, we want him to really be slicing dudes up. So I think this was necessary. Do you think this is still gonna work for this game?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna work, But like, am I crazy and assuming it just won't sell as well as Spider Man?
Speaker 1: I don't, right, Right, that's so like it feels like like Wolverine is like for Marvel, it is like Spider Man, definitely number one most popular character. But yeah, and then X Men are right there. But but like and Wolverine is the most you know popular X Man, Sure he is, but then you had like add in this stuff like yeah, it's it's all right, and Verry Gory. It's just something that families pick up. Maybe not as much, but I don't know, maybe the audience is so robust for people over eighteen old older people on PlayStation that this could do very well, you know what. I think it's not going to sell quite as well as Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's going to do well. Obviously, the pedigree and the character, like all those things just by virtue of like the separation between these two sort of things like Spider Man Wolverine games probably could not be more dissimilar, right, like they are, just aside from just being you know, action single player. But like, uh yeah, and that's not a bad thing, right right, No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just I think it's just like for me, I was definitely thinking about this this morning, beck Laar, and I was like, this is a team that had done a couple of Spider Man and several there's three if you can the standalone Miles Morales game, which you should, and they have all sold extremely well. This team works fast, but now they're trying to like sort of spread out and do other stuff. And you know, we've seen the internal like the League to the hacked stuff that was like and they're going to like eventually turn this into an X Men game that they're going to make down the line. And so okay, yeah, but what if this game sells like noticeably less than Spider Man. Doesn't that just say like, oh, you guys should just go keep making like keep pumping out the Spider Man games, because it's not like those games just sell well. They are by far PlayStation's best selling games ever. And and it's like a at a certain point, they look at it as an opportunity costs and an opportunity lost. If they have this team working on something that's not selling as well as Spider Man.
Speaker 3: Now, it's not what I want.
Speaker 1: I want them to keep trying different stuff, and they're dipping back into Spider Man because I really enjoy those games. Those are some of my favorite some of my favorite PlayStation games. But you know, I'm very curious to see does this work. I bet it works, Like it'll meet all of its expectations. I bet I will, I say quite as well. Spider Man probably not.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think that's like completely reasonable to to sort of forecast about what this game is gonna do just because, like I said, because we know the pedigree. But both you know, chats bring up great points like part you know, Spider Man is a great game on its face, but you're also being sold the ability to like swing around a one to one Manhattan, you know, and like just do that for endless hours. Like there's I don't discount how amazing that is, right, Like someone said, Yeah, in Wolverine, you're just the dude. You're just the guy with like knife hands. Right again, not to water down.
Speaker 1: But like you know, looking at those trailers, it's like you get an idea, like pretty quickly. It's like, Okay, they're making a different game. This is going to be a game about smaller set pieces and like using some of all of Rein's abilities, like his ability to like smell and stiff stuff out to do.
Speaker 2: Sure, he's gonna smell all the colors, all the bodies.
Speaker 3: Right, and I'll use that to do like detective work or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like they're like, Okay, well, then now I can like move on to the next thing, and the next thing will almost invariably be a very cool action piece, right, and I trust Insomniac's ability to deliver that. You know, while they while I love you know, I love a Spider Man, one of my recent other favorite games on the PlayStation is is their ratchet and Clink game, The Rift Apart. It's alia, yeah, and that's you know, kind of somewhere between these two games maybe and say, oh, they could just do anything. So a lot of faith in Insomniac. I think this is like my worry here, excuse me. It's not that this is not going to be a good game. It's going to deliver the goods, right right, No, that's not the worry. What is your worry?
Speaker 2: Worries that it's it's just not going to do as well.
Speaker 1: My work, you know, my worries just like like, is Spider Man so popular? Right that that when they when they put out Wolverine, and it's like and if it does like ninety percent of Spider Man, you know, I bet that is their expectation.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, it is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: That they've been presumer right, like we're just living in the world here, right, Like we're just making like, you know, thoughtful analysis, like there's no way that there is an expectation from being greenlit for this thing, like oh, it's going to do better, right like the campy and I think that's you know, there is a bit of sigh of relief that that is allowed to be a sort of business dynamic that is being allowed to happen, right.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's let's take a break. When we come back, plenty more to get into. If you want to skip it on these ad messages, there's a way to do that. Just go to GiantBomb dot com slash join. We have ad free versions of the shows there.
Speaker 3: We will be right back.
Speaker 1: All right, We're back with more Game Mes Mornings. Jeff Grubb, Jeff Bakalar. Let's get into this next story. Xbox console price increase in Europe and UK has been fully revealed, with a Series X now costing two hundred euro more. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. The extent of Xbox Series X and S price hikes in Europe and UK markets have now been revealed. Xbox confirmed back in June that it would be increasing the price of the Xbox Series X and S consoles on August first.
Speaker 3: We're past that now.
Speaker 1: At that time, however, it only opted to share the US price increases, including an increase of one hundred dollars for the five hundred and twelve gigabyte models and one hundred and fifty dollars for its one terabyte models. Now that price increase has actually been implemented, the full leaping costs for players in Europe has also finally been revealed. As noted on the reset Era forum, the price hike in Europe is two hundred euro for the one terabyte model and one hundred fifty euro for the five hundred and twelve gigabyte models. In the UK, the price increase has resulted in a one hundred and seventy pound increase for one terabyte models and one hundred and thirty pounds for five hundred and twelve gigabyte models.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of in line with what people were expecting, maybe on the higher end, but yes, just across the board, much much more expensive. And yes, this is the price increase that we've been talking about for a few weeks now.
Speaker 3: There was to last year, one this year so far.
Speaker 2: Think what I'm gonna do now is take my Xbox Series X and return it and get right, yes, get with eight hundred dollars for it, put it in credit, get the credit at the Walmart.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, just that's I've decided right here and now that is what I'm going to do. I have a PC and game Pass, so I don't miss anything. What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Yep? I mean listen.
Speaker 1: I I occasionally like, see my Xbox.
Speaker 3: Look there it is. Yeah, that's about as much as I do with it these days.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere. I'm sure it's plugged in. I don't I don't hate the Xbox. I like, I like using the thing occasionally. Like at this point, I'm very used to the way it works. But it's like, that's not the conversation you're having with anyone when they're talking about its future. It's you're talking about its ability to sort of deliver fun, exclusive entertainment you can't get anywhere else in a way. That's like okay, and like your friends are going to be there, It's like, no, your friends are going to be on PlayStation and most of the games are going to be available available elsewhere. There seems to be a couple of exclusives, but you get those on PC. So if that's in the conversation for you, suddenly an Xbox doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah, but they they did just say in their financial report to investors, so they're not just like blowing smoke. This is something they're saying to investors that the core of the Xbox business is to like grow consoles. Again, like that is it's about consoles the core of our strength, they said. I think that's kind of how they phrased it.
Speaker 2: We've seen the forecast for hardware causets. Yeah, we feel confident in this assessment, right exactly, Like what.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about?
Speaker 1: There's already been This is again the third big price increase over the last year and a half, and I don't think we're done. Like everyone, everyone keeps saying prices are gonna keep going up. For ram I sus story, this story was almost like yo, two terabyte envme drives have gone down four percent.
Speaker 2: We're saved.
Speaker 1: And it's like, buddy, that's just like small little market corrections here or there, like yeah, Copium, Uh, you know there's Chinese like ram modules are showing up in like Lexar's Ram sticks now and stuff, and everyone's like, oh, yeah, that's good. It's like yeah, but the demand will just swallow that as well. None of this is saving us. But yeah, Microsoft themselves and others have said like, yeah, like Ram's gone up several hundred percent, we expected to double again by this time next year. So yeah, that's a very high price, and that price is going to double in the next year. That and this is the thing that costs the most in the console right now. We're not done with price increases. So how on earth are they going to sell more of these things? How on earth are they going to launch new console, new generation consoles for either of these companies in the next year and a half two years. It's it's not going to sort itself out by then, of course not.
Speaker 2: We We've been saying this now for a while. They helped do this, so fight like better.
Speaker 3: Than anyone that it's not going to stop any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we got here with no with no shortage of help from this business. And you know, like you sort of make your bed now you got to lay in it right, Like, I don't know. It is also crazy to see in real time a company that is like sort of like self reflectively delusional, right, where you have this and a lot of like they're almost have like startup brain right or like VC brain, where it's like we're raising all this money, we're not profitable, and we're just gonna like stay the course. And there is a bit of that rubbing off in this kind of like uh, you know shit that they're spearing out where it's like we know all of these things are rooting against us and are not in our favor, yet we path you know, we forged a path forward. It's like a I don't know how any reasonable person can can take this seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's like I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I definitely see people in chat saying this occasionally, people in comments, and I've had the thought myself like, oh, they're just trying to push just toward toward the cloud. Yeah, I mean, but that's a console ownership.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's also like it doesn't like get rid of a lot of the problems. It's not like the cloud does not require RAM and storage.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: It requires a lot that's where a lot of the stuff is going. And you know, Obviously the Xbox Cloud works a little bit differently than that, but it uses the stuff that it goes into the console, so it's expensive. And it's like, if if they're serious about that, you would just expect them to have improved or made the experience of using Xbox Cloud gaming good period, and it's just not. It is such a miserable experience still of waiting three minutes for the game to spool up on some server somewhere, and this is this is probably like a first experience sort of thing, like I will check in on this every three months or so and just kind of see what it's like. And maybe if you're someone who goes in every day and you're playing the same game, it like keeps your stuff a little bit more ready. It's like pulling my stuff out of cold storage or something like that. But that is the experience that most of these people who might be shifting from console or PC to the cloud would be having, and they just don't.
Speaker 3: It's not like they're investing in that side of thing.
Speaker 1: So I guess I think I think the cynical argument would be it's like, yeah, they're not investing in it, They're just gonna make everything else worse than shittier and more expensive, until like you're like, I guess I'll just go with this other thing that hasn't gotten better. But at least I can access the games here, and I can without having to buy hardware.
Speaker 3: Which is actually the worst experience I could have right.
Speaker 2: Now, and correct me if I'm wrong, But like, it certainly feels like nobody's talking about it, right.
Speaker 1: Like do you like like you mean, like just like conversationally like friends, like, yeah, we're not like.
Speaker 3: Tried the Xbox clous so it's.
Speaker 2: No, no one says that shit, no one, no one need and not only that, like the education is not there either, right, Like there's no consumer basic awareness of that stuff. Maybe you see that.
Speaker 1: I mean they tried it with everything as an Xbox, right, that was the idea, and that blew up in their faces and everyone hated that. And now every conversation they have, every bullet point they have, is the exact opposite of that. It's like, no, the Xbox is the Xbox and that's what's important important to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right. I see the badge.
Speaker 2: I see the badge in places, but it's not exactly an intuitive sort of like understanding of how I'm meant to access it and use it regularly and rely on it.
Speaker 1: No, yep, uh so yeah, big prices like just giving some examples, the Xbox Series S five hundred twelve gigabytes is five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: It was three hundred fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: So basically there's just like no affordable Xbox anymore. That's the price of I think that's more than what a switch to cost.
Speaker 2: In Europe certainly feels like the war in Iran. No plan yeah right, yeah, it's like plan, there's just no plan. They keep saying stuff and it's just like wait, how will that work? And they don't know because there there's no way for it to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the UK, the five hundred twelve gigabyte Series S is four hundred and thirty pounds, so well, yep, across the board, very high prices. I'm gonna see what with this, the high price hereies for all these things. The Xbox Series X one tearabyte is eight hundred in U in the USA, eight hundred euros in Europe, and six hundred and seventy pounds in the UK. So just big, big numbers, all right, speaking of Xbox, and you know, kind of pertains to this conversation.
Speaker 3: Of like where are they headed, what's the strategy. There was a lot of.
Speaker 1: Talk over the weekend about Xbox might be considering taking its games off of Steam, and so oh okay, they're like they might be getting very serious about like locking down their ecosystem. If that's the case, and very strange, very weird. Probably not going to work. It never works for anybody, but maybe it'll work for us leaving Steam. Jess Gordon I guess said this said something along these lines on a podcast a piece. As people took it out of contexts, he clarified his weekend remarks. He said Microsoft is not currently exploring leaving Steam. Gears of War E Day is still scheduled for Steam alongside the Xbox PC Store. The more consequential thing that he talked about, though, is that Microsoft and Blizzard have been apparently planning to open up battle dot Net to third party developers. The idea might be, instead of leaving Steam, make battle dot Net more Steam like and welcome in more third party games. They've definitely welcomed in games that weren't from Blizzard on there recently call of Duty has been on there a couple of times, things like that, but now I think there was also some pathestic games on there, maybe star Field or something like that. But the idea might be a, hey, let's battle battle d nut has a lot of users that use it every day to play Blizzard games. What if we sold other people's games in there and that just became our PC store. And it's like I always was like they might eventually try to do that. I think Blizzard fans will hate it, but they're also not gonna stop using World of Warcraft anytime soon or whatever game they're playing Overwatch too or whatever. So yeah, I could see that being something that they definitely try, although Jezz points out he's not sure if this is something that has changed under Asha Sharma. This is something that started before her, and so maybe this is not something they're going to proceed with, but he doesn't know for sure. I think that this, to me, beclar just speaks to a sort of messiness of all of the language around the future of anything Xbox is doing, where it's like, hey, they're gonna have exclusives back, but those exclusives are still on PC, and those PC games are also not exclusive to the Xbox Store.
Speaker 3: They're on Steam.
Speaker 1: So what is it really mean to be exclusive in the first place? It just means not on PlayStation. Okay, what does that really get you? I guess it gets some people excited to get a console, but most people don't seem that great happy about it.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: And then what is your export like if you are on PC, what does that look like? How how are you capturing the money? What is going to happen to the Xbox ecosystem. This thing that like, oh you get a thirty percent cut of all of the sales that happened in Fortnite or whatever that happens on console, that's not really happening on Windows. The thing that you own it all, that's all going through other platforms for the for the most part, How do you plan to capture that going forward? And well, leaving Steam was like, okay, I guess sir, you're going to go force people back onto your store having battle dot Net there to maybe catch some people. I could see them convincing themselves that that could work. But even that, like, no, that is for the people already using battlenet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I got you know, the more we dig into just like the sort of like opaque messaging that it constantly spews out of this camp. I even if you were to, I really like it's so dizzying right like uh and seemingly changing week to week, I would not even like John Boys could do like a secret Base style explanation of like this is how.
Speaker 1: The see the craft moving around, and it's just like falls apart like cracks, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like my man can break down anything, any complex idea, and like if you were to give him this, I actually friendly from a friendly perspective, like challenge that camp to like try and explain this to people.
Speaker 1: He's gonna he's gonna be too busy explaining how the Detroit Tiger's trading trek. So Google is going to lead to a lockout next year, and I'm going forward to that.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I I kind of don't know, Like you know, at the at the end of I think what you gotta do is you just got to like walk away from all the static and just be like, am I is there? I can be thankful that there's going to be a way that I can play the game I want to play, And then you know, you sort of have to make the calculus of like what's the safer platform bet right to like make your purchasing decisions on right right. And that's that's really what it comes such a huge.
Speaker 1: Thing, right like that is that some people don't even put like a lot of thought into it. It's almost like a primal thing of like I am going to pick my spot and this will be my little protected garden of the games that I have I own, and I'm going to hoard them like a little dragon.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna feel good about that.
Speaker 1: And getting someone to like switch over to Battlenet or something like that is monumental. We've seen Epic Games give away a game per like every two weeks or at least every month for years and years now, and that has been their most effective tool.
Speaker 3: And that has not been effective enough to.
Speaker 1: Really turn that into like a true going concern that has anything to do with taking any skin off of Steam's back. It's not even close. And they give it away just games constantly. They also have exclusives that did nothing. They stopped that they fund they funded a control and they're like, uh, okay, well we're not gonna do that again because that that just didn't really turn the dial and controls awesome, Yeah, crazy control. Maybe it was al alan Wick two. Yeah it was Alan Wack two.
Speaker 3: That's right. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Uh, they funded allen Wick too. It's like, yeah, that didn't move the needle. And it's like they they have some tools in their toolkit at Xbox, but it's very similar to what everyone else has. And this idea that you could change player behavior is I think we've seen over and over again just not true.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's uh. There are a few things that are this sort of like unmovable immovable, right, and this feels like one of those where you can, even in the constantly dynamic and changing landscape that we exist in, this just still feels like a real monolithic force.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the one thing we're not taking into consideration here because we don't know the details, is Project Helix.
Speaker 3: If if the.
Speaker 1: Launched Project Helix with a like sort of unified platform store where it's like this is a PC, but it's also an Xbox and we're gonna present to you an Xbox store. Further, you can also get Steam an I know, and get every one there or whatever.
Speaker 2: I have an asis rog ally X that says otherwise. I just like, you know, like that thing.
Speaker 4: It's cool, I use it, but I fight it, Yes, and everybody to deliver this unified experience, right that and in a way that like makes sense for both the user and them.
Speaker 3: I have almost zero faith in their ability to.
Speaker 2: Do that because and you're just basing that because you see numbers and understand like what it means to go oh for twenty three on something.
Speaker 3: Right, they haven't been able to figure it out on the PC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, the the operating system monopoly that they own, not directly right, like like it's it's yeah, it's crazy. It's just that needle cannot be threaded for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Ubisoft's NFT RPG Champions Tactics, which is a thing that was still.
Speaker 3: Happening, is shutting down shortly.
Speaker 1: After all right, I oh no, my NFTs my apes. Shortly after it's scrapped its blockchain use. Ubisoft has announced that its NFT based role playing game, Champions Tactics, is shutting down. The company launched its quote web three competitive turn based RPG in October twenty twenty four, which sees players as simple groups of three characters to battle against enemy's in turn based combat. The game's controversy lay and its Web three functionality, where each character essentially function functions as NFTs and could be purchased with in game currency or cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Fly out of Here.
Speaker 1: Tvsofts stepped away from the game's Web three technology in May, telling players that plan to progressively transition away from blockchain functionality. Now it's announced that the game will be shutting down entirely in October, two years after its initial launch.
Speaker 3: I mean, man, you be sad. This just feels like you could you idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I wish someone warned them.
Speaker 4: I wish they had like I wish they could have like like, right, man, I feel bad for You'll be soft.
Speaker 3: Someone should have said something to them.
Speaker 2: It's really really said that no one took the time to like call them out in a very public way and be like, Yo, maybe this is a fucking horrific idea.
Speaker 1: Maybe this thing that you're trying to get into is only for buffoons, and even they won't spend money on it.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, look, there's I mean, look he was up. There are dozens of companies who are not receiving that message.
Speaker 1: Yes, so why should you because I'll be any different. Let's keep going here. Square Nicks insists that Cursed Kingdom Hearts are was not AI generated. This is from Claire Lewis at game Spot. Last month, Nintendo's direct was full of all types of treats for Kingdom Hearts fans, including the announcement that native versions of the entire Kingdom Hearts trilogy we'll be coming to switch to via the release of Kingdom Hearts Collection. Players did not respond well to the trilogy's key art, which Square Innox shared on Twitter shortly after the announcement. Players quickly noticed several strange details in the image and accused Square Inox of using Generative AI to create it. Game Spot reached out for comment at the time, and Square Inox has now decided to clear things up. According to a statement shared with game Spot, the Kingdom Hearts Collection one through three art is not the result of AI. We're aware of feedback regarding recent Kingdom Heart's visuals, reads the statement, which was shared via phone call with a Square Enix pr rep. These assets were created by our development team without the use of Generative AI, and the issues resulted from human air. Some of the issues being referenced here include Donald Duck having four fingers on one hand and five on the other, the hands on the clock tower appearing warped, the key blade's keychain links appearing on even Sora's crown shaped belt chain linking links melting into each other, the absence of the crown shaped pattern usually seen on the bottom of soras shoes, and various clothing zippers they mean to fade into nothing, among other issues.
Speaker 3: Look, if it was like three.
Speaker 1: Of those things, I'd be like, all right, human error, or maybe it's like flip around in so many things, it's like did you hire a child to do this that had never seen Kingdom hearts before?
Speaker 2: Look, the one little like you know, morsel of a treat we can all kind of have as we spiral deeper into an AI driven healthscape is that these things are like easy to point out and when and when something looks like it, you know what you're looking at, and you're just like, I don't fucking trust these people. They suck right, Like whether it's like a local ad for some sort of like they all have this like very weird porcelain kind of like uncanny thing and like spotting, it is now fun and you can throw you know, tomatoes at them, and it's like this thing, I don't know how like and like everyone's triggers, everyone's sensors went off on this thing, So what's going going on?
Speaker 1: I mean, And it's like, I mean, this is where we're at too, where it's like the argument is.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, we just we fucking suck.
Speaker 1: Actually, like no, and that's what you want, right, We're humans that suck and that's way better than the AI. It's I mean, yeah, but why do you suck? Why does this thing look so lazy and bad? It's it's it's a weird situation to be in. I mean, I don't know if I even trust them on this, but it like it kind of doesn't matter at a certain point. The thing they put out was garbage, and doesn't that just make people worry about the overall quality quality in.
Speaker 3: General of like the things they're delivering.
Speaker 1: This is the quality control you have on your art, which you know, God, we've worked with various companies before, even just from like the PR side of things. They're so particular about every detail and how this stuff gets talked about and covered and the idea that that does not extend to the key artists that are going to put this like, there's.
Speaker 2: No way right, So it's dizy.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, right, we know for sure how Disney treats this stuff. Horror stories of like trying to get Disney to agree to a couple of details like changes on characters in like Star Wars games or whatever. The idea that this got through, it's like, what is going on? And does that signify bigger problems?
Speaker 3: Eh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a lot to worry about and a lot of question I don't know, so many other things have been called out for so much less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, all right, well we're running out of time, so we'll just move on.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Square Nix's whole situation with how it's handling like Kingdom Hearts and like upgrading from the cloud versions to the non cloud versions on switch to or the lack thereof of having an upgrade path.
Speaker 3: It's just frustrating.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this company is still kind of lost in the woods and doesn't really know what they're doing a lot of the time. Saudi Arabia's EA deal is going to close tomorrow. It's kind of like final update on that. It seems to have passed all European Commission riculatory hurdles. We got some details about the ownership split. Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund will own ninety three point four percent, Silver Lake will own five point five percent, and Jared Kushner's Affinity Partners will own one point one percent. Good for you, Jared, psyched for you, bro psyched for you, dude. EA is going to be exiting the public market after thirty six years, and this will be the largest leveraged buyout in history, which is always We've said it before a million times on the show, but we'll keep pointing out that that is probably going to lead to worst games from EA, like even separate from Saudi ownership, which I guess we're not really sure how that will manifest.
Speaker 3: I think we can.
Speaker 1: Assume it will based on how S and K's gone, and like some friends of NBS have shown up in the game in those games or whatever. But the leverage buyout and having to service this twenty billion dollars in debt first and foremost before you pay anyone or hire anyone or expand, it's just gonna lead to less money going into these games, and then the games having to squeeze even more money from their audiences, something that EA was not shy of doing already. So how can it get any fucking worse? It's uh, it's going to be interesting to watch, sure, I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when we talk about it being bad like this, you know, man it I don't think you can really overstate these sort of like long term effects. Something like this happened. It comes with right, like, and I think that even though it's like, you know, it's it's just so easy to say, right, you're just like saying that, but like, man, there is so much underneath all this that will impact pretty much every facet of this industry, uh, for for the foreseeable future. It is very tough to keep your head up when things like this go down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was talking to Mike about it.
Speaker 1: Might kind of did a quick google of like what what games are coming from EA already like this year, like before this deal went through, and it's the sports games and then just Star Wars zero company, that's basically it. And and so they're already like putting out kind of fewer games than they ever have before. They seemed gun shy, and the argument could be made it's well, now that private ownership, does that give them more freedom? And like, I just think we look at the situation here and the leverage buyout aspect of it and have to say, no, it is going to have to be more conservative. It's going to have to be more gun shy, it's going to have to be more risk averse in sort of every aspect. And then on the other hand, it is going to have to be more aggressive about making money from things that are already successful. And so all the in shitification, the ways that like college football has already gone from being this darling to this miserable experience of people hating all the micro transactions to the point where it's like when that game popped up or this year a few weeks back back Lark, it was in several mainstream media outlets covering the backlash to that game. I think there was a public Pablo Torre his podcast covered it and stuff like that. So it's just it's out there. People are already feeling bad about it, and it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get worse, all right. I guess we'll see what that looks like, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, let's let's wrap it up tomorrow Tuesday, August fourth, EA. So, like I said, this is gonna wrap up a beast of reincarnation. Game Freaks Action RPG launches on PS five Xbox Series in PC. Uh, it's day one on game Pass. I guess we should expect to see reviews of that here at some point. That's coming out tomorrow. Big Walk, the cooperative game from House House, launches on PS five, Switch to PC and MAC.
Speaker 3: Uh. We played on PC. I've heard Switch Too might be a little.
Speaker 1: Rough, So keep that in mind, everybody, maybe go check out a few more reviews. The Final Fantasy four Team launches on Switch too. I'm very curious to hear from Mike about this. He's played a lot of that game. I want to see like and I know he said he's gonna pick it up on switch to. I want to hear what that's like. PlayStation Plus is adding Dying LIGHTE to reloaded edition Big walkin Signalis through August thirty. First, the previously unreleased Virtual Boy games Zero Racers and de Hopper join Nintendo Switch Online Plus Expansion Pack. And then Let's see here and then Fire Emblem director is happening tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, let's see here. That does it for the headlines.
Speaker 1: There is no poll question from Friday because we did the Bomb twelve. So as a reminder, the new Bomb twelve is upon giant bomb dot com. Go there, scroll down, check out those games, see what people were playing last week. And then on the left hand side there there's a vote here button. Click on that you can you'll get a Google form add your game that you're playing this week, and we will wrap those all up into one nice package for y'all on Friday with the New Bomb twelve. Looking forward to doing that, looking forward to another good week here at Giant Bomb. Let's see, speaking a Giant Bomb, what do we have going on? There's all kinds of stuff happening all the time. But I'm not sure we're having anything else live today, but we're doing some recordings. We got, Like I said, the big Walll quick look went up. There was a another quick look look that went up over the weekend. I think that was pathogenic. Me and Chuck recorded that. That was a lot of fun. Uh And then yeah, you expect to I guess, Cyberdillo, I guess I'm gonna be playing more Cyberdillo.
Speaker 2: You guess you act like it's there's a chance you won't be and I feel like maybe I'll die and I won't have to Sure, there's always that, Yeah, that could happen and you won't have to play about dream. I'm looking forward to my recording today. Yeah, you know that's how I live my life.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will. We will record some more Sewer Shark.
Speaker 1: There will be some more sewer Shark episodes going up of this is the run. Lots of cool stuff happening on Giant Bombs. Tune in for all of it. Uh jurf Yeah, let's tell people one more time about like cat jurff Man. I think we're gonna launch the first episode this week that I think that's the plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to give anyone false uh no information.
Speaker 3: We'll message out.
Speaker 2: Appropriately when we know for sure. We've got a couple in the can. But we want to make some more progress on it. I wonder how many it's gonna take. We're kind of doing it like one hour out of time. But this is just a game that is just begging to be made fun of. Yeah, in the best possible way.
Speaker 1: Like it's just it's a B game. It's a bad B game, Like there's B games like that. The quality sort of as a side it would like make sense if it was on MST three. K.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just gonna say, this is a mystery science game for sure. Yes, so yeah, we're having a lot of fun with that, and uh, I'm I'm really really looking forward to that coming out. And also, like I know there's art being made for it, and I haven't seen any of that yet, so I'm excited to see some of that stuff. Yeah, we're gonna have We're gonna have some fun sod and that's coming.
Speaker 3: Once the audience sees it, there's gonna be a lot more art. We don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well whatever, maybe we won't show me. I don't know if you're gonna be choice.
Speaker 3: I am looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah fine, so yeah, plenty of cool stuff happening on Giant Bomb this week.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see.
Speaker 1: I think with all that out of the way, we have a new poll question, are you getting big walk?
Speaker 3: I'm just curious this audience.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, many people would like it, but there's always that barrier if like, can you get friends together. I understand that it's definitely something I struggle with. So curious to see if people are gonna turn up for Big Walk, yes or no. We'll get the results. Talk about it on Wednesday's episode here on Giant Bomb.
Speaker 3: All right, I think I think that's time for us to get out of here. Back R.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, love being here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you once again, Thank you everybody for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and everyone remembers the nipples.
Speaker 2: Okay,