Speaker 1: Somebody's true with my board yesterday, so ross we like the levels. Everything is happy there, yeah so far okay, all right. Uh, we had a we had a big shindig, big client shindig here at the radio station, and you know, everybody's just like touring, and so I think one of the promotions people because the board was all it doesn't it doesn't look very impressive when not in use. So I think somebody just came in here and like moved a bunch of stuff, so it looked like things were happening. But you know that was in the evening. We got a syndicated shown, so nothing's happening.
Speaker 2: So uh okay.
Speaker 3: You know you walk by it and it's like what you would assume it would it should look like right right, like I'm gonna put this thing over here and this thing over there.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's being used, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although it isn't, should it would it would look like because every they did a thing where it almost was like a not to describe it.
Speaker 3: It looked like what you see when you see like doctor Dre or somebody producing a video.
Speaker 1: And yeah, right, so where they are going to be, they're going to be so. But what he's talking about with one of those boards is you would have that because you have every segment of the melody. Ever this thing, each thing does its own thing, so generally you want the levels the same, right, the button bar levels, there's three of them, the same, the mic level, the PC on my left. You want it all the same. And they hit it was like a cascade. That's exactly what it is. Guys should have been yodeling up it, right.
Speaker 3: It's somebody from promotions or somebody who was helping put the party together last night. Yeah, that's what they've seen in video numerous times when you have these producers putting together songs. But it's a completely different sort of board.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, and I'm not knocking on them. They did it. They put on a really good event last night.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think that might be the most well attended client event that we've ever that in my what thirteen fourteen, fifteen years, however long we've been here.
Speaker 3: Man, Can we just say that I went to the thing and I didn't die have a panic attack, So I would like everyone to clap.
Speaker 1: I was okay, I didn't know if you're going to get into this, so something happened yesterday. Ross showed up to one of these and I wasn't surprised because he told obviously we told you.
Speaker 2: He said, Hey, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I was a little surprised when he told me, but like it made sense because we got all the big bosses in from out of town and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But what was fun.
Speaker 1: The fun thing was one he shows up and he got his phone and he marks his time when he gets here, and and then like I don't know if you had an alarm.
Speaker 2: But he was like, all right, this many minutes.
Speaker 1: But was watching the faces of all of our co workers when you'd cut, like come around a corner or something, cause most of these people don't see the morning hosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah know, it's like a big foot sighting.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, I know. I told Trevor Ross is all blurry. I don't know if you know this. Yeah, he's just he's like, hey, look at him. I'm like, what is that blurry thing in the next studio?
Speaker 2: So pixelated? Yeah, what were you telling something? I told Trevor. I got I'll give you an hour. I'm very busy. He's such a diva. No, it's you know how you know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: No, you got the wife and the kid at home, and yeah, but it's also a complete introvert panic attacks sort of sure, yeah, completely psychological, it really is.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like people don't understand that. Like, I have major issues when it comes to stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It was interesting because there's co workers who we rea. There's some coworkers where we changed. They're more in the behind the scenes like traffic, which is not traffic like, hey, there's an accident on forty, But it's basically the people who handle getting all the spots from the cellars and then you know, Ross and I or any other host of wasting them and then they end up in the log and that's a lot of work, man, and they kind of reformulated how they did it so the og of it.
Speaker 2: Allison.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen Alison in I don't remember the last time I saw Alison because she's not in the building anymore. And you were you there when she said that she couldn't even get in the building because.
Speaker 2: They no, I was unaware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she tried to use her little fop thing in and she's she's technically a remote now, which which she's loving, but like she's like, I couldn't get into the building.
Speaker 2: So yeah, dude, it was fun. It was a good time.
Speaker 1: Then I had to go to a dinner after, which was great actually, but when you go to those dinners after a client party and then you got to get up and do a morning show, you gotta you gotta be on fun at the dinner. So we got, you know, and we went to uh, went to Raise Steakhouse, right, so that's all family style, and you know, you got everyone wants appetizers because you got clients there and the whole thing. And so it's it's not like I popped into Denny's like the dinner was. You know, at that point, it's like two hours. They're getting a they're getting wine and all that at one glass and I'm like, all right, you're everyone's now having a great time. I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 2: So but it's not the personal, it's just I gotta be up there very very early.
Speaker 3: So I came up the elevator yesterday, like I told you, I was gonna get there.
Speaker 2: Before thirty, and you showed spot on right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I get off the elevator and the girls standing there and I've never seen this girl. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and she's like, hi, welcome too, and I go, I work here, and she.
Speaker 2: She looks at me like she did the same thing to me. She looked at me like you do.
Speaker 1: She had promotions assistant, and the promotions assistants generally do like, you know, when we have remotes or we have things coming up, and it's mostly with the music stations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not here at four in the morning, so she had no right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they work, you know, they like they had the concert at red Hat last night. They had they were I think they were down at one of the Clockwork or one of.
Speaker 2: The breweries there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they never see They only see the morning people on the off chance we do a remote with them. And Ross and I don't really do a lot of remotes, so which is fine. It's a you know, the music stuff around the concerts, that's who they interact with all the time.
Speaker 2: So I got up there and it was the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, hi, welcome to ihearten and I you just I should have said what you just said, because I saw the table with the name tags. So I walked over and I just subtenly picked mine up and was putting it on and on it it's you know, it's got the name and it says what I do. And then she's like, all right, who's your AE? And I'm like I kind of looked down at it and then it click click and he click click. So uh yeah, all right, Well that we just told spent ten minutes telling you about a party you didn't get to go do, but it was fun. You should have been there. And if you've got a business you want to advertise, you can come to the next one. Love to have you, all right. Six thirteen coming up on the show. Now, I now know what the term crash out means because I saw the liver King video. That thing's what's going on there. Ross has some theories and I think he's right, but also Joe Rogan said those theories, and liver King tried to tried to murder him or assault him or fight him.
Speaker 2: At the very least. The whole thing is so weird. I guess like.
Speaker 3: Liver King is piste off because he keeps coming up in like Rogan conversations with different guests, and it's always the same sort of thing where it's like, hey, here's this guy who did who said he wasn't on steroids, and then it came out that, hey, guess what he is on steroids? Big shocker there. Yeah, you know, and it's it's pretty obvious. And he's tired of being the but of these jokes, of the topic of conversation, I guess and he.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: He was not tired of all of the energy when he was running around eating uh, liver and testicles and telling everyone that they had to do it. And then you know, it was a bit of a side show too, because you remember, you show up to like local he like the ABC affiliate in LA with a big bowl of liver and eat in front of people, like a side show.
Speaker 2: But the dudes like, you know, he he.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say he looked ripped, because he's always kind of looked a little rough, but you know, he's a lot It looked like he's a lot better shape than I am. So there's that and and so it was that nature. The problem is once you get a little prominence, especially in that field, because it's so competitive, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's competitive, but there's so much also science behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so if they got something on you, they're they're gonna get into it, like I don't and he made memory made the worst apology video ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but especially if you're denying doing something where everybody who is in the business understands what you're doing right, right, right, because there are people now who are big fitness influencers who have used steroids.
Speaker 2: In the past and have it been O Joe Joey swoll right, completely.
Speaker 3: Honest about it and he's even yeah, and that kind of if you're open and honest about it, it can sort of be like forgiven, right, But when you're just denying it and denying it and you're like, no, the secret to my success is this giant bowl of rawd chicken. Then I'm gonna pour milk on approaching powder and put some liver guts in there, and that that's how. And you know, I boving bovine testicles.
Speaker 1: This is this is Rocky we call the Rocky Mountain oysters where I'm from.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I mean you're a fraud. What wait, why am I fraud?
Speaker 5: Not you?
Speaker 3: But I mean, if you're that's the secret, and like, oh no, I wouldn't touch steroids. And now that you know I'm against Come on, dude, everybody knows. Everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 1: How do we not have Liver King's apology in this? I know we played it. Hum, I'll find a transcript. Don't worry about dubin it. If you fight in the system, throw it up there. I swear we played it. Was just it was so bad. The thing was so bad, and I honestly I hadn't really heard a lot about him for since kind of after that, because that obviously dismantled some stuff. Going back to Joey swot, those are voices you need because like you you mentioned that, you see you've seen an uptick in like high school age kids coming in the gym there, you know, and like the only I played football, so there was a gym aspect and you and later in high school that can be your pe.
Speaker 2: You can do weightlifting. So I did do that, but like it's.
Speaker 1: Not when you're seventeen you don't really need to, you know, but a lot of kids want to do it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are doing it right now.
Speaker 1: And so having somebody like Joey Swall who's got very high profile, and we'll speak honestly about Hey, I made this decision. Here's the bad stuff that happened. Plus you're seventeen, you guys, and you know so you you don't need this. You never need this. And I'm and this happened to me in that cautionary tale. That's great, man, that's absolutely what you want.
Speaker 3: There's a new trend with the kids now, and I mean, like, you know, younger kids, high school and stuff. Everybody seems younger to me now, but you know, you know, if you're like younger than forty five, I'm going to call you a kid. Yeah, but like like it is it like gen Z where the gym now does free like free stuff for high schoolers during the summer so they have something to do or they can like you know, keep moving and stay in shape. So when the summer hits, all these kids just like invade the gym. Yeah, and it's so weird because yeah, yeah, they're super young, but they don't need to be there because they all weigh like a buck twenty.
Speaker 2: Ross was going on an old tangent the other day.
Speaker 3: It is kind of annoying because you go there and they all sort of like, you know, they they crowd over the machines, and they talk and they're on their phones. But they are there and they're on the machine, so it is it is a positive. But you see it's also where you know, gen Z isn't drinking and they're much more healthy, and for them it is a complete lifestyle thing, like they don't need to be there, but they're there because that's what's popular to do. Like it's popular to be in shape and to be on the machines and to work on yourself. So that's a positive, but it is annoying because I want to get in the machine.
Speaker 2: And get out of my gym. I marched with the King, right, yeah, let me on there. I'm middle aged and you know I need I need to actually do you realize how much I need this. I need to be here.
Speaker 3: I am middle age, you know what I mean, and I'm trying to really be you know, care about myself. You literally have metabolism of a hamster, and you don't need to be here. There's no fat on your body anywhere you are. You are, you're ninety pounds when wet.
Speaker 1: As long as you touch grass to some extent, it'll work out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know, other than the weightlifting class, I never had to because me and my buddies would like to. We'd be like, let's go up to sour Dough, which was a huge mountain park up there, and let's walk all the way up the hill at like seven thousand, five hundred elevation, which would kill you, It would kill me now, and we're just like, let's go up and see if we can spot elk just for something to do.
Speaker 2: And it's like a three hour hike and we just do that on the regular I know.
Speaker 3: Back in my day, like, yeah, there were kids that would hang out in the weight room or the gym, but they were all like varsity correct athletes, and now it's like all of them now it doesn't matter like computer nerd chess club. Yeah, you know, you're on the football team. They're all there. They're all at the gym, and they all care about their fitness, which is a good thing.
Speaker 1: The other thing is too, there's probably so many people at the gym right now because it's six nineteen listening to this, staring around and like, I one middle age, but we also have a lot of younger male listeners who are like, am I the problem? You're not the problem? Okay, it's if you're just look, if you're embracing it and you're doing your thing, and you just hear you're hitting the machine courteous to other people, you're good to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, my experience, like six o'clock, like four to like seven in the morning, the gym isn't an issue. It's like later in the afternoon instead of like back in my day, like I said, you would sleep all day, you'd party at night, and you play video games.
Speaker 2: So now they go to the gym. Yeah, so weird.
Speaker 1: All right, six twenty we got we got a bunch of stuff to get into and some well we got some Daddy Trump audio if you haven't heard that, that's interesting. And jd Vance was on fire yesterday. So we'll get to all that much more coming up. KCO Day Radio program. Quick phone calls, Sue, what's what's up?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Hello? Sue? Are you there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, you're on there. What's what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hm?
Speaker 2: You have a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was wondering with them, not wanting to give them any more money for the hurricane aid in Nashville. I was wondering, how do you feel about it? In other words, should should they? Should they cut it? Off now or do you think they they need more assistance?
Speaker 1: Well, who's not wanting to give them any more money? Let's let's let's nail that down because.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the General Assembly they write said they might go to recess without passing any more money for anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's why I just want to clarify for people listening, because there are still federal flow through dollars that are we're allocated by Trump even though it was reported and lied about by our governor saying they cut off the you know, the the clearing stuff.
Speaker 2: And they actually just reduced it to ninety percent.
Speaker 1: I you know what, I I have a nuanced answer for you, Sue, because so can I do this because I'm gonna go to break. When I come back from my bottom of the hour break, I'll give you my opinion not just on Ashville, but some of the other stuff that I saw because I drove through. I spent Sunday driving basically the backcountry roads through from Ashville.
Speaker 2: Up to Boone because I wanted to see other communities.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna I'm gonna hang up and then when I we come back from my commercial break, I will answer your question, So stay listening, okay, okay, all right, thank you so much all her Sue, and she was inquiring about the the need, the continued need for aid in western North Carolina. Obviously, we had the broadcast here last week. I was up in Ashville. We talked to folks from all over Asheville and Black.
Speaker 2: Mountain and Canton and quite a few other places.
Speaker 1: But after the broadcast had completed, I stayed up in Asheville. I had some stuff to do. On Saturday, dude, I went to the Basilica up there. If I don't care if you're not, if you're not Catholic, Basilica is is different than just a Catholic church, for those of you who don't know. So there are what are known as major Basilicas and then minor Basilicas. There's four major Basilicas and they're all in Rome and Ross. You yes that you know the movie where they kind of played it as part of it was that the second or the third one of those that was the second. It was the second of the Dan Brown movies there So, although it wasn't one hundred percent, but those are the four major basilicas. A minor Basilica is still a special thing within the church, and they're usually ornate and and they have more artifacts too. So the one, the one in Asheville has four artifacts and one of them is a piece of the cross. And basically, a pope's got to be like, you're an awesome I'm gonna miss please don't get mad at me. It's been a while since Catechism. Basically, a pope's gotta pick you out as a very special place, and you get this basilica status. We had one in Minneapolis and is very beautiful, and so when you see one and Ashville has one, it's very interesting. What was super interesting, though, is I go into the basilica and if you've ever been in a Catholic church, generally where you walk in is holy water, right, and so you dip sign of the Cross, you kneel a lot of you know, generally you'll kneel before you then get into the pew. Okay, sign of the cross. Boom up in Well, COVID changed some stuff. Ross I sent you that picture of how they're doing the holy water now, right, yeah, no, it's very official.
Speaker 2: It's it's what is official? I mean it it is so it is.
Speaker 1: It looks like a black purel hand sanitizer dispenser. It's cylindrical, but it has a big cross on it because if not, people were thinking it's hand sanitizer. And I don't know how God feels about that, right, like no, just a little the thing or rubbing it in their hands. They the they you know, you can go and you can just go visit it. They got pretty pretty broad hours. You go to service there if you want as well, the old service there obviously. So we go in and uh, they got there's like there's there's a dude buried there and it's above ground grave and all that, and you know, which is pretty common in basilicas. Uh, some of them have some real major, big time historical figures buried buried within these churches. So and so I like I would I would recommend that the basilica. And they're going through like some renovation stuff that's not really storm related. Because to answer your question, Sue, when you get into downtown Asheville, right the area where all of a sudden the parking gets interesting, there's a thousand restaurants all of that that sits high enough up that the damage that hit that part of it, which which definitely thinned out some of the restaurants, although I talked to some people who were not in the restaurant industry who thought that maybe maybe there was too there was too many up there. So I'll let you guys decide. What hurt them was not physical water damage of their buildings, but what it did to the you know, the at large area there. Because once you get away from there and you get down to like Builtmore Village, which sits much lower, much lower, or the River Arts District, which sits next to the river, the damage was much more extensive. And they've made a lot of headway there, but that's the story of Ashville, and and there's still a lot of stuff. You get down to Biltmore Village. The fancy McDonald's ain't even open yet, although it's soon to be open. That Hearty's I think has probably cooked. And so we talked to the Biltmore Village late. I mean, they're making headway there, but you have to keep in mind too that that area, that that little chunk of property there by Biltmore Village and Ashville in general, is that's a huge tax, tax revenue source.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: The more people they're shoveling up into the up into the Biltmore facility there and and spending money up there. It's it's not just great locally for them, but it it It generates a lot of revenue for the state. But you can't just concentrate on Ashville because once you get outside of it, and like the Parkway from Ashville, if you guys know anything about it, if we head north out of Ashville, one of the ways you actually can go out Tunnel Road and then get on the Parkway there, or you can head north on this road called Town Mountain Road, And that's how most people, I think go if they're heading north out of Ashville, because it's a nice little drive all on its own. Where that connects to the parkways closed and Cobb Road, which is the other big road there is that's completely closed. So once you get there, you dead end, so you have to literally go out, go through I can't remember the name of the little starts with the W. It's just the little town north of Asheville. And then on the highway which now is taking truck traffic because of what happened on forty and you take the exit for like Spruce Pine and Hendersonville and you go over there, and I've been to.
Speaker 2: All these places.
Speaker 1: So I get to Hendersonville and the rivers around like bridges are gone still and they're in the process of reconstructing some bridges. Hendersonville's downtown, which is usually pop, and they got a little downtown. If you've never been to Hendersonville, it was very soft on the number of people. And I actually drove onto the main street because again I'm on a fact finding mission. From there up to Spruce Pine and then you do what's called the this climb to Lynnville, right and they call it the little Parkway. I think it's the little cutesie name they have for it. But it's one of those roads because now you're climbing in elevation to get to the Parkway. That's nothing but switchbacks, well switchbacks by nature, switched back. And then there's the there's the flow of water that comes down the hill and usually it's pushed under the road because it's now it's a slope you're climbing, and it creates the v's where the cricks and the water gets pushed through. And I don't know how I'm trying to describe this on the radio. What was what was? They're not meandering streams anymore. Okay, they're not meandering streams. And so every time to a switchback where there'd be a normal creek that would then go through a culvert under the road and everything, you'd be fine.
Speaker 2: All the earth is gone.
Speaker 1: So it's it's almost like you have these like raid you know, you just like these little mini slices just taken out on all these cutbacks, and I'm like where, and there's and and and the debris not there. So as soon as you then get to the top, before you get to Grandfather, they have an enormous pasture with all the debris, and the debris is probably forty feet tall and covers a forty acre section. It's just trees and dirt and parts of people's houses. It's just everything that they had to dredge and dig out of there. And it's been moved to facilitate to get up there, but it's not done. Those bridges are are you can get through there and there, and they're they're doing what they can. But the massive effort to move all of this stuff to make sure that these bridges not just passable, which they are, but able to facilitate large amounts of traffic that's not done. And I can't speak to each project what's been allocated, what's not, but it's clear that there is still a lot of work to do. And as you get over towards Canton, when we talked to Cassie Clark, that's kind of her hometown, it's not done, Swanna. Noah's not done. Black Mountain, where our morning host in Asheville lives. I went out to his house. He wanted to show me what happened. You know, his wife and his kids survived because she happened to get stuck on a high point and it's surrounded by water, and so she, for twenty four hours, maybe not quite that long, like sixteen hours, was sitting in her car with all her kids trying to flee while Mark's broadcasting. Because they live essentially in those Seven Sisters Hills that come out of a Black Mountain, and they were just trying to get their neighbors out of there, and they didn't get all their neighbors out of there, and so you have houses that have been moved and slotted over and they just kind of cleared a road the brig you know, a lot of those roads they funnel the water in longs or sister like canals alongside those roads, and that's how it moves it. But it became so overwhelmed it also washed away a lot of the driveway access to a lot of these places, not just homes, but to attach to other roads. And as you head north from there up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Now Mount Mitchell's closed, it's not closed from the flooding. Strangely enough, they had like a snow ice incident. But you're able to backtrack to places like Little Switzerland. Think of the elevation Little Switzerland is and it's the same thing. It's the same thing. So when you get into these more rural areas and the ability of people to get where they need to go on a daily basis, for the people who live up there, the people that you interact with when you go on vacation with your family, like they're doing it but they're not done. And then you're able to then drive the parkway like lin Grandfather Mountain was. They were banging, but Grandfather Mountain is also they've got some money. They have from a topography standpoint, they don't really have a lot of flow down that happens there. The area around our radio station. The trees are all because the hillside went away. Now I'm not I'm not begging for us. I'm just pointing out that that's in West Ashville, on the side where our station is. Because we're up we're then up the up the mountains because we got our towers literally on site on the property. And you know, I know some people and I've gotten your email. Go you know, why would the General Assembly help Ashville? They all hate them, and I here's what I would say. They don't. I know some of you can get mad with me. Ashville is a town and I don't mean this in a negative way. It is and I always found it's fascinating. It's the meeting of hippies and hillbillies.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You get over into West Ashville, once you get off the little river park there, you're dealing with a few things. You're dealing with old school mom and pop like a frame places, and you're dealing with all these guys in work trucks with their you know, I think you think you're in like Johnston County or something.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny you mentioned that because last time we drove through, we stopped for gas. Yeah, and so we're parked there and like a group of people started like hiking through the parking lot. Right, it was obvious that they were sort of like, you know, I don't know if they were homeless, but it was a well, no, if.
Speaker 1: They were hiking, they have backpacks and stuff. I mean, because there's two major trails that run through there.
Speaker 2: Well, I just said hiking, I mean walking. Oh, I got you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I said to Markey, actually said, I said, I don't know if they're hippies.
Speaker 1: Or hill buildings, right, yeah, yeah, So you know, I I'm not going to speak to the political side of it, but if you think the entirety of Ashville area is nothing but hippies or Black Mountain or anything you got, then you don't know the area. So but that shouldn't matter because even if even if you like ah, they vote differently than I do, it's still a big it's still a revenue thing, and they're still North Carolinians. And especially when you again in those smaller towns, those those aren't North Carolinians that moved here from escaping New York taxes. Those are people whose families graves were covered when they filled in the dam over there, like these are old school mountain folk up there, and they're they're not finished. And then you emerge in a community like blowing Rock because I ended up taking and oh the lakeside camp in at Price is still closed too. The other side's open. The lakeside spots just like six of them gold. But I got to blowing rock and blow rocks. Blowing rock. There's no parking there. One's doing one mile an hour on the road. Yeah, staring at everything. It's look, that's that's what you expect when you go there. So you know they're doing well. I I I'm sure that there's some stuff around there.
Speaker 2: But so it's easier for those communities.
Speaker 1: I think because they have numbers, they have maybe better insurance in some cases. And but no, there's there's a lot to do, and and so the lawmaker's failing to reach a budget and saying maybe we'll get some halnaid. There's more that needs to be done. So to answer your question too, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I would say that it's just done in Ashville, I would say arguably, Uh, there's a lot of places that.
Speaker 2: Really needed I get I didn't get to see everything.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of towns that I was going to go to, but because of the way that I had to structure the drive.
Speaker 2: But I will.
Speaker 1: But when but when you're hearing this, I don't want you to be dissuaded by not being able to access the parkway at Town Mountain Road up to Lynnville area.
Speaker 4: Up there.
Speaker 1: It added about twenty minutes to my drive. But then you're right up there where you want to be, up by the viaduct, which is cool. That's that's that's all. That's all good to go. Most of the trails were good to go. If you want to go to the Gorge, that's.
Speaker 2: That you're good to go.
Speaker 1: You just have to you just have I just had to get creative on that one segment of it. But I want you to understand what you're going to see that debris filled. That was the problem was I was driving by it and there's not really a pull off right there because they've shut it down because there's so many trucks coming in and out of there, and I there was kind of traffic and I want to be that guy flipping a U turn in the middle of the the the banner Elk Highway, which is that right there. But looking at that debrief and seeing all the trees, all the dirt, all the used to be houses, sheds, lawnmowers, you know, stuff that was just washed away. Did you see they found a North Carolina flag like downstream in a tree in some remote place. Some hikers found it and it was like they think it's like three hundred miles from where it probably came from. I guess I had some other was someone with some logoing on there. I saw that story. So I think what I would say is it depends I don't know who's gotten allocated with the previous one, and it's just you know, it's just getting.
Speaker 2: The work done.
Speaker 1: But I'd be hard pressed to think that everything that is necessary and.
Speaker 2: This is Look, this is what we voted for.
Speaker 1: This is why this is one of the As much as I criticized the Republicans, the best thing that they ever did was take our state from We're gonna have to cut you know, bed Purdue sitting there. We're gonna have to cut these teacher things, these raises we promised, and we're gonna have to do this and us some minor austerity measures to the Republicans got in there and they built a rainy day fund in like two terms. Well it was a rainy day up there several and so this, if this is what it's for literally in the name, then yeah, I could see. I could see that there's there's some things that still need to be done. Because the quicker a community, especially a smaller community where they only probably have three or four things that really are tourist draws, you know, uh, the sooner that they can get those locked in, the sooner it then helps the entirety of that community. Whereas if you, if you're the size of Asheville, your downtown can be great and builtmore still be rebuilding, and you're going to get people there your Spruce Pine. I don't know about that. Your can't and I don't know about that. So I know there's a long drawn out detail to answer, and I'm not hedging. I just it would be even if they're not gonna be able to get the budget done, you should get one of these bills done something. I think you owe it to them out there, all right, six fifty three hang on.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: If you want to be on the show, that's your first step. And then you have to pass the Ross filter, so you know, don't call in with dumb stuff. It's like silly dumb. And then you know, just maybe all right, coming up, Yeah, somebody send an email.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I hope you were listening to the top of the hour there with Kyle's News. He was talking about Deston Hall is saying that they want to get the they want to get this Western North Carolina aid package done. But you know, Deston Hall only controls one side of this thing, and so him wanting to get it done is great. Let's see if they do get it done. And I and again I don't purport to be an expert on who's been allocated, who has and how it breaks down all of that, but it is clear to me that we're not done out there.
Speaker 2: We're not done. And and so, man, it's not just people's houses.
Speaker 1: That's that is one thing, but you're talking about big infrastructure, the the full functioning of and some of this is federal, right because Blue Rich Parkway is the full functioning of the apparatus that is Western North Carolina tourism requires these pieces to be fixed, and nobody wants to stare at the debris field that I just talked about, which is again that you see that, and it's just because it's just everything.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 1: Homes stuff, people's stuff, trees, all the dirt, and uh yeah. So I do hope they get it done, whether it's seven hundred million as it comes out on one side and the other side agrees, or if they got they want to do it some other way and then they have to go to conference. Fine, but it needs to be priority. And frankly, you guys should have your budget done too. But that's you know, that's that's a whole nother thing out there, all right. So a few things to get into. Interesting day. Interesting day, as Trump was doing his thing over there at the Hague, and you got the UN people and the European Union people about, and as you know, they're all real good friends with Trump obviously, so and you know, language issues that arise, different things that come up. But this is really funny and I haven't seen yet. I mean I saw them kind of try, I haven't seen them successfully turn something. Was just kind of a funny moment into isn't Trump the most evil person ever? Although they they're desperately trying, they're working on it all right, So here's the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, hold on.
Speaker 1: If I had it here in front of me, all right, so, uh, the moment in question was, uh, the what.
Speaker 2: Is this guy's name?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Close looking at one window and then closed it, and my one computer's being a jerk still, so I had to flip over to my laptop. Okay, so it's a NATO Secretary General. I said, you a NATO Secretary General Mark Ruddier Root or however you pronounce his name.
Speaker 2: Well, uh yeah, listen for yourself. I mean we may do papers on it, Marco. Maybe we're going to do papers.
Speaker 5: I don't even know.
Speaker 10: If you need them.
Speaker 2: They're not going to be fighting each other.
Speaker 8: They've had it.
Speaker 2: They've got a big fight.
Speaker 11: Like two kids in a school yard, you know, they fight like hell, you can't stop them.
Speaker 8: Let him fight for about two three minutes.
Speaker 4: Then it's easy to stap them.
Speaker 5: And then daddy has sometimes language everyone you have to use a certain word.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So immediately the reporters like, I'm sorry, did the NATO Secretary General just refer to Trump as daddy?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: He But it's in the context of an analogy that Trump just set up. He goes, sometimes you got two kids fighting, and then the guy made a daddy. There's nothing abnormal about it. What's actually it's not even that funny. But what is funny is Marco Rubio. Because now they can't just dog with a bone for for the reporters there, they can't let it go and and you know, Trump's trying to be funny again. But Rubio is like you ever ever when you were a little kid something was funnier. You're in class and the teacher's telling you not to laugh, and that somehow makes it funnier, and then you're laughing and you just can't hold it together and say, all right out in the hall with you. Well, I didn't do that to Rubio, but he's clearly he clearly thinks this is ten times as funny as anybody, and he's one of the funny to watch him laugh in that situation.
Speaker 2: So everyone starts laughing.
Speaker 1: But the guy was responding to an analysis or an analog excuse me, of kids fighting. So a parental reference in breaking it up is completely normal. And I saw people are like, he makes them call him daddy. What do you shut up?
Speaker 2: Here? By the way, this is the follow up.
Speaker 9: The NATO chief, who is your friend? He called you daddy earlier?
Speaker 1: By the way, can I say this? I like hearing her say daddy versus one of the views from the Chicks.
Speaker 9: From the view right, Mark Ritter, the NATO chief, who is your friend? He called you daddy earlier? Do you regard your NATO allies as kind of children?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: He likes me. I think he likes me. If he doesn't, I'll let you know. I'll come back and I'll hit him hard.
Speaker 12: Okay, he did.
Speaker 10: He did it very affect you daddy here my daddy.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean at that point, Trump's just going to roll with it, right, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like, oh, you want to go because he would have left it alone because it wasn't that remarkably funny if you paid attention to what was said directly before.
Speaker 3: You know, right, But but you were saying too about Marco Rubio laughing about It's it's sort of like, I don't think Trump would have went there if because Marco Rubio is standing like, you know, a little behind him, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's off his left shoulder. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things where like when you make your buddy laugh, you're just going to keep going there to make him laugh some more and then inappropriate situation. And that's exactly what it was. But we made that analogy yesterday about the two k in the yard, and we said, that's what that's what the uh the fight during the ceasefire was where you have a fight between two kids in school and you know, they they're they're scuffle in and then like somebody gets between him and they're like, you guys need to calm down, and they both walk away and then they sort of rush back to each other for like a few seconds and you push him back, you know, back apart and somebody world star right yeah, right, yeah, you upload it to the internet.
Speaker 2: It's what we do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, Oh no, Ross were being impeached. No, yeah, yeah, the impeachingts. Hey, AOC's impeaching us. Do they have the votes for making the analysis? I don't know, probably, we're not very Which way do you think Senator Slenderman's voting?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, that guy can't take a joke. Yeah, because he's too busy plotting against your children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point right there. We have to we have to dust that thing off. In fact, see if you can find that real quick, because we always have new audience coming in and another audience leaving because they get annoyed with us.
Speaker 2: So circle of life.
Speaker 1: So like years ago when he when Tillo's is running against Kay Hagen, we decided to be really funny to do attack ads, just crazy attack ads, and so we did some for as though they're supporting Tillis, and some as they're supporting Hagen. And obviously, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's the good one.
Speaker 2: That's the good one. Right here.
Speaker 1: You want to hear an example of it. So and it's Kyle Kyle and news too. Right he did no, he did the other ones. He did half of them. I can't remember, all right, So check check this out. We may just repurpose. I may just cut this down to a thing and then just run it where we run PSAs just to be an a hole.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we'll figure it out. Yeah. This so this is the attack at him. By the way, it holds, it holds this election day.
Speaker 10: Ask yourself, is Tom Tillis slender man? In a recent poll, one hundred percent of women with children said, quote, yes, Tom Tillis is slender Man, and I fear for my children because Tom Tillos, I mean slender Man, stalks them while they sleep.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 10: We asked Tom Tillis if he was slender Man, but he couldn't dancer because Tom Tillis was busy dancing inside a pentagram maniacally chanting about your children and his million dollar yacht this election day. Say no to slender Man, no to Tom Tillis, Yes to your children, and yes to America.
Speaker 1: All right, and then the other tags missing there. But yeah, so we had a lot of fun with that. That and the Hagen ads were funny too. Where's the other Tillis one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Do the other one?
Speaker 1: I may have to find them. Sorry, I'm typing and leaning at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here it is.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful, I got it, dude, I don't know. I think this one's funnier and more appropriate.
Speaker 2: Right now? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What time? Okay? I'm good? All right, So, yeah, check out the other one.
Speaker 10: You've heard about Tom Tillis's war on women, but how much do you really know? Recent secret documents reveal that Tom Tillis wants to sell all women from North Carolina to isis because quote, North Carolina women are ugly and should be forced to wear sheets over their ugly heads. And this would explain why Tom Tillus wants to fire all female teachers in North Carolina and replace them with terrorists. Terrorists with tenure. Tom tillis an enemy to women. Best bros with isis and that enemy of America.
Speaker 2: Guy sounds like a monster. The thing is, I wrote that and I forgot all about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, he nailed it right there. And then we had two Hagen ones which I won't play, you know, out of respect there, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's over the line. Yeah what him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine making all the women and calling all North Carolinian women ugly? Who would do such a thing Tom Tillis apparently? Yeah, you hear it on the radio. I heard it too. That's double source. Now that's crazy. Hey Jay, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey? Casey? Casey is on? Aside from what I want to say, have you ever seen that movie A Week for Madness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen they show clips to that you sometimes. Yeah, we're not going to do anyway too.
Speaker 2: Into the content though on the show, so anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I just I just probably out blatant propaganda. I mean, that's what it was. But anyways, uh, I want to talk about the Iranians. The Persians there. They're devious, they're insidious, deceptive, malicious, they're pathological lives and they're prone to violence, and they're screaming death to America. But I think if they if they wanted to immigrate to the United States, I'd like to infall that. We already have a Democratic party here.
Speaker 1: So I see what you did there. But you know, we have one of the highest populations of Iranians in the world, not in Iran.
Speaker 8: So are you kidd Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Dude, l A Have you been to l A You, yes, I have. They have an Iranian section to any demographics.
Speaker 1: Could because here's the thing I'm not in in thank you for the call.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Iran used to be something incredibly different, incredibly different.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, you see photos of Iran before, like and you're like, is that a US college camp?
Speaker 3: Right, but let's go in nineteen seventy nine and like the women are like smoking hot, which maybe they still are, but we don't know.
Speaker 2: That's why they hide them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, they hide them now, but like like short mini dresses and it looks like like you see photos, like you said, it could be outside of any American campus in any big city and you're like, that's Iran. And then Tom Tillis got there and it all went downhill. I mean, this is what happens.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, So but when you want to talk about the Revolutionary Guard, the Ayatola and all of that, yeah, yeah, they are all of the things you just said one hundred thousand percent, sir. I was reading today that they're saying that the Commanee hasn't been seen in like a week.
Speaker 2: Like why would you? Why would that be?
Speaker 3: So some people are speculating I was reading about this this morning. I didn't send it to you.
Speaker 1: I forgot, but I was going to, all right, kind of sort of credit to me or whatnot, right right, Yeah, but yeah, they're saying he hasn't actually been seen in a week, and there's a theory that he's been like you know, offed by his own people, and those are the people that agreed to the ceasefire. Well no, because then you got to pray him around with the butt stick as a puppet like they did with Goadaffi. Right, yeah, dude, if you're gonna off your own guy with a butt stick. You got to put you know, you film that as they did with GOADAFFI do not search.
Speaker 2: That, by the way. You do not want to see that, man. No, it's terrifying video. No, you know who watches that? Tom tillis so allegedly I heard, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up and just we'll get we'll get we got to get into the liver king things.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it because it's so weird, so weird. We'll get more of your calls as as well.
Speaker 1: And where was this? I just saw this story. Well, well let's do this. We haven't oh that's what it is.
Speaker 2: We have. Uh, we're gonna We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Go to Florida. We'll get to Florida. Man, even though it's woe man, it can ounce so uh. All that more coming up k c O Day Radio program. Let me grab a phone call, though we see online one. I was on time too, okay, all right, uh hey, uh oh this is Denver Paul dem Is he on line one or two?
Speaker 8: Do I have it?
Speaker 2: Pot it up? Can you hear me? Paul? I'm here, Okay, I can hear you right ahead.
Speaker 13: No, I was calling in you guys traking about ron. I grew up in Iran in the sense my father was.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you mispronouncing.
Speaker 1: You're mispronouncing it, sir, ross, what is the proper pronunciation?
Speaker 2: Hold on right, Yeah, we're making fun of the kids, all right.
Speaker 1: See you lived you lived there when it was still you know, not what it is today.
Speaker 13: Correct. Yeah, the Shaw was still in power. We were there when Niatola took power from the Shaw and were evacuated. I remember the city was. It was just as big and popular as as Los Angeles at the time. U the women there, they wore long dresses, blouses, skirts, men were Levi gans. They smoke marble cigarettes, and we traded on the dollar.
Speaker 2: They didn't have that.
Speaker 1: There was a religious police running around beating people, which is the thing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, but I do remember the chanting over the loudspeakers in the city every you know, whatever their times were for their religious chanting.
Speaker 2: So so you were there when they took hostage the hostages.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we were there. We were evacuated, all women and children.
Speaker 2: Did you pretend to be in a movie with Ben's Ben Affleck.
Speaker 13: Ben Affleck, Yeah, yeah, no, that was part of the embassy. We were we were part of the military program show.
Speaker 1: Two people you I well, one I know you've heard of. The other one I'm pretty sure you've heard of, and that is Joe Rogan and Liver King. So and if you're a little like liver King sounds from me, all right, So this is the dude looks kind of he has a caveman motif.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was a little disheveled, which I could respect because I constantly I had to get my hair cut for our client thing. I was shaggy dude, but whatever, get the beard trimmed up. But that's just that was his brand. And he'd go around eating raw liver and rocky mountain oysters. You don't know what those are looking at.
Speaker 3: You might see him like he'd make these videos that you'd see online with like a big like bowl and he'd put like raw chicken in it and milk and protein powder and rack bovine like testicles and then he'd eat it and he'd be like, this is a secret to me being huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So and he was.
Speaker 1: And he'd always in he's saying he was older than he was too or something, because he was just he was just cut right.
Speaker 2: It was not a big dude. He's actually kind of a little dude.
Speaker 1: But uh, and and I think there was a little bit of a little bit of that at play because I remember watching an interview where he kind of like took a fence to this chick bringing up.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, no.
Speaker 3: It was like a thing when people like realized how tall he was, because like he looks like a big dude and then in person he's like tiny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is fine whatever, But the problem is is and the bigger problem might have been how he eat how he achieved that, because now that he's on the in that fitness influencer kind of thing, if I don't can you call him a fitness influencer when you're just eating like raw intestinal meat, I don't know. So uh, but he he got really blue up because people are like, look at it, Look at how amazing this guy looks. All I gotta do is just eat liver. I want to know how many of you when eate.
Speaker 2: Raw liver dupes? Yeah, or like the raw chicken in a bowl.
Speaker 1: Now, the chicken thing that's super like that's a bad idea, But you can eat raw liver all day as long as it's handled properly.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 3: You know, well, the thing is like before like anabolic steroids like one of the key ways to like really get good gains where it was to eat liver, like liver was like a thing where like.
Speaker 1: It got a ton of iron and there's there's all sorts of goodness in there. And if you if you don't mind, like I like, uh, for those of you deer hunt, do you eat the heart? I think the heart's great, venison heart. I think it's fantastic. But a lot of people are turned off by organ meat. I understand that. That being said, Uh, once you're on the radar, others are like, uh, yeah, he's doing the roids. And I can't remember exactly how they got him to admit it, but he made this weepy apology video.
Speaker 2: No, his whole thing was very uncomfortable, and.
Speaker 1: Then he kind of like, I don't you'd see him occasionally, but he wasn't on every show and and and in everything uh following that, And I think more so not because he did the steroids are admitted to it, but because of how cringey it was when he apologized for it.
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 1: All right, so fast forward on if you listen to Joe Rogan's show at all, you know they will they'll touch on fitness stuff. Joe Rogan's a fitness guy and he a lot of times he's got MMA fighters in there. He's got guys that are in the you know that in that fitness world or they want to talk about it, and Rogan has pointed out him. I think I think Rogan called him out before he apologized too. I think Rogan was kind of it was on his show that triggered I think some of this.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, he's he's a topic of discussion where he'll come up during these fitness sort of interviews and you know, and Rogan is like, you know, he'll do like neutropics and like supplements and ice baths and he's super into it. And like I said, when you're in that industry, you can tell when somebody's juicing, and for them to deny it is sort of like, what are you doing, dude? We all know, just say you're doing it.
Speaker 1: But I think that Liver King then internalized his downfall and put it at Rogan's feet because it was a guest on Rogan's show that first broke the topic I can't remember who the guest was, but since it was on Rogan's show, I didn't realize that it spiraled into this, and Rogan, I guess, apparently didn't either. So dude makes this weird Liver King makes this weird video trying to fight Joe Rogan, and he's crawled around like a crab, and part of it he's he's it's like emotionally, it's the dude sounds like he's losing it.
Speaker 2: And we'll get into some theories why, but.
Speaker 1: It's really uncomfortable, but like car wrecky, so you're just like, what happens next, so you keep watching. And then after he did that, he you know, because he's threatening to assault Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: That is what that is.
Speaker 1: You're making what is considered a terroristic threat in the state of Texas. He then traveled to Austin, where police intercepted him trying to go to Joe Rogan's house to fight him. All right, so listen to this little mash up here of what's going on. It's about two minutes, but just just check it out.
Speaker 5: Everything because Joe Rogan, we don't have to make videos to pretend anymore.
Speaker 2: And he'll mention this in here.
Speaker 1: It's important to know Joe Rogan is a black belt in what two martial arts, right or something.
Speaker 2: I believe he started off his first thing with taekwondo.
Speaker 1: And then he did to be the jiu jitsu jiu jitsu yet yeah, okay, so taekwondo, jiu jitsu, and then have mma s fighting fighting style too. He trains in that, so he's he's not a nobody. I don't know how good he is, but clearly he's got trade. I don't think liver King claims to be in any of that stuff, all right, So that's important context here we go.
Speaker 5: All of this has happened. We're coming to you. I've challenged you man to man to a fight, honorable. And we don't have to pretend or make any videos. The world is watching. They'll make the videos for us.
Speaker 2: You're making a video right now.
Speaker 5: I don't have to hold a camera. You can hold the hand of somebody that you love. Because what happens next to you, you're gonna need to remember that feeling. You're gonna need something more than what you did to give you something to fight for. Because I have my family to fight for. That's and then I'll die for him.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 5: And you're a black belt, but you've you've never come across something like this, willing to die hoping that you'll choke me out. I pray to God because that's a dream come true. It feels good. And then the limbs I'm fighting for my family.
Speaker 2: We got that.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, But then you have to contend with something else. And I weigh one hundred and seventy seven pounds, an actual savage. And so at first you're like that guy. That guy's right. When you all of a sudden you did get your attention, which I already did before this, you're saying, I'm going to choke that motherful piece of I'm going to choke him out. So what warriors do you? And Andrew Tay are good warrior, good warriors, but you're actually better than that real tension.
Speaker 12: We have.
Speaker 5: Comedy that you do is good and true. What we have real tension. But what I see in you is comedy is good and true. Touch points. While people laugh, if we don't make fun of them at their expense, they laugh.
Speaker 2: You should all make fun of me, Liver, you should all make fun of me at my expense.
Speaker 5: Trust me, uh that it still works and uh and then you should get paid for it.
Speaker 2: And let's let's go. Let's go. We're because we're leaving.
Speaker 5: We're going to Austin.
Speaker 2: What was my very last point there.
Speaker 5: We're gonna kick Joe ros act that we the wheeled Jim shut it. Oh oh that's it's my speech, justin FETs. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So his brain malfunctions there at the end, just at the end, specific yeah, I mean the last twenty second.
Speaker 2: I think choosing to make that video is a malfunction.
Speaker 3: But I mean he forgets his name, he forgets why he's there, like it's super like, and that is a threat.
Speaker 2: He's threatening Joe Rogan. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, accord to Texas authorities, you've charged him. They believe that to be the case too.
Speaker 3: So ah yeah, so I have a theory. Yeah, what's going on with this dude? And first off, look at his face. That guy is two years older than us. He is, how old he looks like he's he looks like he chose the wrong chalice. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean he looks late fifties, mid sixties, but a tough but a rough late fifty right, and he's like forty seven, forty eight years old, and that's what the steroids will do to you. But also look at his face. His face is looking You're like, oh wow, he's in the sun a lot. Now his face is super ruddy, right, Like, look look at his face, dude. What's going on In my theory is the anabolic steroids, and he's done a ton of them. He's a lot They will not only will it aid you, but they do a lot of obviously damage to you. What's happened is I believe my theory is they've damaged his kidneys. Uh, and then what you see that ruddiness is is can be an effective like kidney damage, Like it's the early signs of like renal failure. I don't think his brain is getting enough water. I don't think his body is getting enough water. And I think it's starting to like short circuit. It's super unhealthy. You know, the muscles are one thing, but when you look at it, how his face looks, and how he's talking, and how he like malfunctions there at the end, he doesn't even remember his name at the end, I think he's going nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch out, I might try to fight you over that. Probably true.
Speaker 2: Take right.
Speaker 3: Bruce Lee was the same way at the end. You know, he damaged his back. He wasn't supposed to do martial arts anymore, and they were giving him these shots in his back and he's supposed to get like one shot every few months or whatever, and he was doing like two shots every two weeks. Yeah, for years he was doing that. And what happened was it screwed up his kidneys, It screwed up the way he was sweating. He had to have his sweat glands removed. And then what happened was he showed up to the set of Enter the Dragon and a cinematographer was like, what is up with your face? Had to change the way they were going to film the movie because his face was so red and ruddy. And what happened was he ended up taking the tiln off for a headache. His brain couldn't do it, didn't have enough water, and he died. And they're saying that would actually kill Bruce Lee was renal failure due to the due to the steroid usage. Yeah, and I'm telling you this dude's brain isn't right.
Speaker 1: It is seven forty five here on the CaCO Day radio program, and that video of the part where he's going to Austin. At that point, they're just gonna check with the airlines. As soon as you pop, they're going to find you. Man, So not telling you how to threaten people. But he didn't think any of this out all right. Jeff Mahr from the Weather Channel is standing.
Speaker 2: By, Jeff. How you doing this morning? You're here to cook us again?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah, another day another heat advisory, unfortunately, is we make our way through the latter portion of the morning that the start of eating that's w the heat advisories at effect eleven am to seven pm. The reason the high today ninety six, but it's going to feel more like one oh five when you factor in the humidity, and that is certainly going to make for some uncomfortable conditions. It could be spending some time outdoors today. I again in the mid nineties, and we're going to stay in the mid nineties tomorrow and probably in the start of the weekend as well. If we get eat rain today. If you isolated thunderstorms popping up this afternoon and the do develop though, may produce some gusty winds and then overnight party cloudy as we dropped to seventy four. Another high one tomorrow ninety five triple digit. Heated next with afternoon storms and for the weekend some early sunshine giving way to some afternoon feaderstorms. This high set the mid nineties on Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Thank you, we'll talk in an hour. I appreciate it. My friend and Ross, did you see Jesus cloud? Are you aware of Jesus cloud?
Speaker 2: I did see it. Yes, what do you what do you think you got? I think it's a cloud.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but maybe maybe so we'll find out what Jesus cloud is.
Speaker 2: Coming up. We got to do the Florida. We go to Florida for some criminal activity. We'll do that.
Speaker 1: And uh, the the part of any of you guys have seen the video of the New York City probably might be mechs Mayor. We'll see the socialist lunatic we talked about yesterday. His victory party is interesting. And let me tell you the propaganda has Uh, you don't realize how effective it is because it's really got to be the explanation.
Speaker 2: All Right, it is seven forty seven.
Speaker 1: Hang on, time to head to Florida for you know, Florida and sanity.
Speaker 11: Florida, Florida man. Is something in the water they err or sand that made should do all that crazy crap. It's like the state is gonna be dumbass trapped. Nowhere else has the Florida man. It is almost like, as the weird factor climbs, you find out it happened in Florida.
Speaker 2: Every time. Florida man, Florida man.
Speaker 11: If anyone can cheer me, if you know, you can't, just mind life be crazy.
Speaker 2: But of course, but it's not.
Speaker 11: It's fat crap, crazy as yours.
Speaker 2: Nowhere else are you gonna find him?
Speaker 11: They're so used to it, they don't find him. Hooray for Florida man.
Speaker 1: And in this case it's Florida woman woman. See it's in the it's in the wording there. And it's a notcho assault because you know why the heck not. Florida woman has been arrested for shoving a plate of nachos down her wife's leggings in a confrontation that took place at three am after the two.
Speaker 2: Had been drinking.
Speaker 1: Now Here I got a question because now she's arrested for assault. I aren't nachos good ross you like nachos. Uh yeah, okay, And like, how's that different than whip cream? If you don't like whipped cream, you put whipped cream on your significant other. Everyone's like, God, he's romantic or she's romantic. But nachos is a bridge too far. I don't like sweet foods. I like nachos, though.
Speaker 3: You're pulling the George Costanza Seinfeld. You're mixing food with you, you're mixing pleasures here, and it can.
Speaker 2: What what come on? Man? Do you remember that episode? No, because you know I'm not a sein phone guy.
Speaker 3: Really, George is there and he's you know, he's with his girlfriend. Enough said, and he's like he's simultaneously eating like a big Pistromi sandwich, and it keeps like he keeps like increasing.
Speaker 2: What he's eating.
Speaker 1: He's got one of those what's the chef where they cook in front of you.
Speaker 2: Like the hibachi Yeah, the hibachi.
Speaker 1: Guy's balancing an egg on his little spatula. Oh no, but like whipped cream and strawberries, you know, all that stuff, although that's whatever, but nachos. Yeah, So maybe she was just trying to be romantic and you misread this.
Speaker 3: Marky and I just discovered something amazing and this isn't gonna be gross. To stop thinking that you perv hote. Just some of our favorite nachos are the kind that you get at the movie theater with that sort of cheese.
Speaker 2: It said, nacho.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, with a bunch of jalapenos. Man, yeah, well that's all the only thing I'll buy it a movie theater or those.
Speaker 3: They sell that brand of nacho cheese in the grocery store and we had no idea we found it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we stocked up on it because Lincoln loves one of his favorite things, or chips. He loves the texture and the crispness. It's and artism and he loves it. So he loves chips. And he was used this like the gordo sort of cheese that you get at the grocery store when you gotta put in the microwave and gotta heat it up and it takes it over.
Speaker 2: It's a long process.
Speaker 3: But then we found out that they have the kind that you have at the movie theater, and it's like life changing. It's like, oh my god, like mind blown. And they're right there. It's right there, hidden in the Mexican food section at the grocery store on the bottom shelf.
Speaker 2: There's tons of it. It's exact same, and it's it's so good.
Speaker 1: Because that's you know, people think that the cheese that they use that that's just you know, that's a US thing. No, that nacho cheese stuff is used all over Latin America and it's amazing and mostly because it's shelf stable, right, so you can you know, you can have it in there, and if you don't, you can't refrigerate it or if it's going to be around too long. But it's uh, I don't know, man, Yeah, the you ever read the uh the ingredient level on that thing?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I have just throw it out there. It's a possibility. So anyway, I imagine it's cheese. Don't try to woo your spouse with nachos down her pants, but if you do, get less kind or yeah, make let the cheese cool first, right, very important?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe not, you might be. You know, some people are into I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, don't get the hottest of hot pepper's too, this mom Donnie dude up in New York. I saw a video yesterday. Do they know I can hear them standing aroundside my door barking. It's fine, it's not picking up on the mic. So, like, I saw this video of his victory party, Ross, you did watch the video of the victory party.
Speaker 2: Of I didn't know your tweet? Yes, you bet? You saw you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So did did you notice anything about this socialist I'm gonna give everyone for free diversity is our strength, lunatic? Just anything about the video that maybe didn't comport with your understanding of his messaging.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say this, Yeah, a lot of times when it comes to these sort of like socialist candidates, what happens is you're like, oh, you know what, the people voting for him are the people that are like, you know, super not well off. You know, they're in poverty and they're voting for and it's got a.
Speaker 1: Lot of how sou Venezuela got to where they are at. Yeah, I'm just a farmer like you, and then boom Yeah. But a lot of times the people actually voting for a candidate like him are actually more more middle to upper class, upper class. They're affluent, and they're they're voting for him because they feel guilty about their own success.
Speaker 2: Correct, and I wonder where they would have gotten that idea.
Speaker 3: And you see that from people from like the The Sex and the City Chick like Cynthia Nixon correct yes yes, yes, yes, or like a Mark Ruffalo or somebody like that, where like they're super well off and they feel guilty about it subconsciously, so they're voting for this guy, and in a way when they're doing that, it's very selfish.
Speaker 2: Well why ever would it be selfish? Why? Because what it.
Speaker 3: Ends up doing is hurting the people you're trying to help. Yeah, this make yourself feel better.
Speaker 1: This goes back to you know, this has its roots in the decimation of black families and the success that they were having in the nineteen fifties and sixties, emerging through civil rights.
Speaker 2: And and and.
Speaker 1: And not just them, but that's where you saw the most devastation.
Speaker 2: And like the marriage you know, out of wedlock, birth rate.
Speaker 1: And all of the things that people talk about, which is just kind of the third rail, but it's true.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: And it's you get people dependent upon you, and then the idea that they could never live without you is what you're going for. It's it's diabolical, man, And whether they realize they're doing it or not. I don't know, because obviously there's some lunatics out there where we tell me the Trump Mondami thing. Yeah, so that's the audio, right, yep, all right, this is this is great. So I want you to check this out. So he's being interviewed by uh, miss circle back. We still calling Jaki, right, I'll circle whatever, yeah, miss circle back. So anyway, so he's been interviewed by her on MSNBC yesterday. And let's just say this is this is a this is a take.
Speaker 6: It is part of a larger referendum on.
Speaker 2: Where why did people vote for you?
Speaker 6: It is part of a larger referendum on where our party goes. And I think one of the hopes that we had from the very beginning of this campaign was to move our political instinct from lecturing to listening. You know, at the national level. After the presidential election, we saw that New York was actually the state with the largest swing in the country towards Donald Trump eleven and a half points, and that that swing took place far from the caricature of Trump voters, instead taking place in the hearts of immigrant New York City. And I went to those neighborhoods. I went to Fordham Road in the Bronx and Hillside Avenue in Queens and I asked those New Yorkers, the vast majority of whom were Democrats, why they voted for Trump and what it would take to bring them back to the Democratic Party. And again and again what I heard from them was cost of living, was an inability to for the very things they were called being able to purchase four years ago. And when they told me what it would take, they said again and again, the relentless focus on an economic agenda. And ultimately, in listening to them, we built a campaign that was explicitly about making this city affordable.
Speaker 2: Huh, so.
Speaker 1: You and Trump have a lot in common in your mind or something?
Speaker 2: What are you talking?
Speaker 1: And by the way, there's something in all of this. You have to remember what was the turnout of It was eight percent or something voted for him, of a turnout that's like in you know, under twenty percent, So you know understand what you're looking there. It was a primary. It was a primary for an individual party. Now granted it's the party that is the largest represented party within there, but there was a lot of other candidates too, so whether they then coalesce behind him, I don't know whether Yeah, I saw I heard Hannity essay talking about the Sleewash scenario. I just maybe if Cuomo decides to run indepennant and enough, do you end up with Curtis Sleewa on the Republican side. But I'd be very hard pressed to see that.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, I mean him and trumpolt have like this populous message right where, yeah, can you afford your groceries? The problem is if you are somebody who in the last election cycle voted for Donald Trump and then six months later you vote for the socialist, you're dumb. You're just burning down anarchists who likes to irritate people, or it's the joker vote. I mean, but if you're talking about, like, yeah, that that anarchist antifa sort of vote, it's the same sort of people we've talked about this before, where it's like these are the people that are supporting Antifa. They're the upper class white kids that are bored and have no purpose, and this gives them something to do. It makes them feel like they're doing something, like working towards something. And the problem is a complete dead end and so they're gonna they're gonna end up going down in flames because it doesn't go anywhere. But I mean, it's the same people. But really, if you're voting for Donald Trump in twenty twenty four and then six months later, eight months later whatever, you're voting for the socialists, what are you doing? You have no idea how anything works. Because if you want things to be cheaper, I you are you sitting down?
Speaker 2: It ain't good. It's gonna go the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: No, what unless maybe we haven't maybe it hasn't been done correctly yet.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe this is the one.
Speaker 1: And then and then just to reiterate to the thing that Ross is talking about, Oh, people are feeling guilty and that's why they're voting for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the message.
Speaker 1: It's driven into your kid's head every day in a lot of these schools, right, And that's the it's one of the offshoots of that whole narrative. If you're white, you're privileged, and you probably didn't earn it, and you you know, and so now you got to give back, and that you beat somebody in the head. Enough with that, especially if they're not super like, you know, into research and looking at stuff, they kind of go along because it's that herd mentality. And then then you get what looks like a Brooklyn hipster party at this guy's victory thing. Honestly, I've seen more diversity at Trump rallies, which is especially the last time around. We all talked about the numbers here man.
Speaker 3: And know we like, there's another conspiracy you and can go into where it's like, you know, they're calling it like the TikTok vote, Like his people right his constituency are people like primarily that, you know, the younger crowd on TikTok. And it's like, well, how come some videos were promoted on TikTok. Some candidates seem to like the algorithm you know, likes them more than others, and they're getting more views and clicks, and you're like, well, who's behind it? Who could possibly who behind TikTok can possibly be trying to support the socialist candidate in New York City to bring New York City down?
Speaker 1: Who could it possibly be? I don't know, BW York No, that was yesterday. Now you can get somebody else, Like I said, just one somebody or.
Speaker 3: Maybe a country, a lot of people the oooh okay, no, but I mean you know that's something that China would be interested in. Well, we already know we look, we remember that report we had what two weeks ago that they I don't know that they were successful, they're investigating it, but they were manipulat.
Speaker 2: They were trying to manipulate vote and voter registration.
Speaker 1: So look, and we've had Mark Walker on when he was serving on an intelligence committee, and he was saying that the literally literally China is affecting uh or attempting to affect what like a thousand hacks a day across various things. They're just they're just sniffing around looking man. Well it just came out in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Read it came asaw the report where they was like China was stuffing the ballot box for Biden in the twenty twenty election. The esbea, I knew about it, and they didn't say They didn't say or do anything about it.
Speaker 1: They were busy, Yeah, coordinating a kidnapping to the Michigan governor with three yocals and a PT cruiser out of you ever saw a training video.
Speaker 2: They're training.
Speaker 1: They're doing tactical swat style training out of a pt Cruiser. It's the funniest thing.
Speaker 8: All Right.
Speaker 1: I just saw something and I think you're going to have an opinion on this. Did Did you see this yesterday? There's an argument over who's the best big wrestler in history, and to be qualified you had to have weighed more than four hundred pounds. So that's the caveat.
Speaker 2: I mean, Andre the giant, right.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought, and that's where some people are, but that's not where everyone is. The big show Yokazuno, King Kong, Bundy.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're all great, but.
Speaker 1: These are all like these are what people are arguing. And Gorilla Monsoon, Oh, Gorilla.
Speaker 3: Monson is absolute legend. People don't understand the influence that he had in wrestling in the industry. I mean that there's a reason why the spot behind the curtain is called the Gorilla spot. Yeah, I mean, because that's where he would be. But listen of all the names you named, they're great wrestlers, but only one of them you could maybe argue to put on them Mount Rushmore Wrestling, and that would be Andre. That's Andre, man. This should be a no brainer.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's recency biased for younger fans with Big Show? Probably, although a lot. Look Gorilla Monsoon is that he's an older wrestler. King Kong Bundy's an older wrestler. Here, here's some I'm just looking at some of the names people are throwing out here.
Speaker 2: Uh hold on, you're gonna scroll for this.
Speaker 1: Let's see, all right, So the names of people arguing at least within the top three. The Great Collie Okay, Giant Gonzales, yeah please, yeah, I know, get that, Get that out of here. Rakishi the guy used to sit on people's faces. There's Monsoon, There's Big Show, Big Van Vader.
Speaker 3: What are we doing a one man gang? I mean, once again, they're all great wrestlers. But the influence that Andre had on wrestling is ridiculous. Uncle Elmer, I don't do I remember you want to have wrestling today. If it wasn't for wrestling Ania three, and if it wasn't for Hogan and Andre, yes, it wouldn't be where.
Speaker 2: It is today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, earthquake, uh Visira Yo Kazuna and uh Haystacks Calhoun. I had not thought about that, Remember Haystacks Calhoun dude weighed like six hundred pounds, and six hundred pounds, you should not be able to do wrestling stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: You should be on you.
Speaker 1: You should be cutting the side of your house out and with the crane. Just call him coming to the rig man on a crane. He's in the He's in the Wrestling Hall of Fame. How wait, how young.
Speaker 2: Did he die? Sorry, that's probably a little dark anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's sad, but they all tend to die. You don't really see a lot of like, you know, super old six hundred pound people.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're you're right, uh, at the age of fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is interesting.
Speaker 1: He started regionally wrestling in his twenties after a promoter was driving by and saw him lifting cows up in a field.
Speaker 2: And just moving him. And he's like, hey, and I got a golden.
Speaker 1: Tick, yeah exactly, and an enlarged heart probably meal ticket, yeah exactly, all right, eight nineteen. Yeah, there's no good By the way, this is not a I don't even want to debate it.
Speaker 2: Andre's number one. I don't care what you say.
Speaker 1: There's no way it couse to Ross's point without Andre Hulk are Bird Jordan in the in in that kind of I was gonna say, this is as dumb as an argument or debate as like Jordan versus Lebron, Like there there is no debate.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to take part in the conversation. Exactly. All right, eight nineteen, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Somebody brought in boxes and boxes bow Jangles, Chicken Fla biscuits or sausage biscuits, sausage, egg and cheese, and then there's just boxes of bow rounds out there.
Speaker 3: Trump said it was going to be a new Golden Age, and this is a sign that you know it's true. That's like going back. I remember we used to do that all the time on Fridays, the bow Jangles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they but technically they brought it for one of the other stations and then we'd loot it. I'm pretty sure they brought it for me, oh and for Ross. Yeah, so we loot all that.
Speaker 3: You know, we'd have to sneak it down. You'd go in the kitchen and you'd load up and put it under your hoodie and bring it back to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You had to get in there because they had an audience that they were feeding and they would always take the chicken ones first, and I can't abide that.
Speaker 3: Recently, I had lunch with Ivan or Old and actually, you keep talking. Remember Ivan used to work here.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What you You went to his wedding?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it actually was so good. It looks good. So yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're at lunch there at the Alehouse and he's like, you know, the best part about being there was I'm like, what was it? You know, our companionship and friendship and was it learning radio and stuff and you know, making the public laugh.
Speaker 2: And he's like, no, the free bow Jangles on Fridays. I have Texas Pete in my bag.
Speaker 3: Hold On, you know what, it's bow time. It's bow time from Bojangle.
Speaker 2: Hold On, I got them in here because I got the Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, it reminds you of the glory days. Oh you that howe of the glory days? I can compete. Back in the day, you didn't have to worry about food. You just come to the station and they'd be time food in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Well there is today because we had the thing, yes said, there's a lot of leftovers. Oh no, it's really weird. All the vegetable leftovers, the meat and cheese leftovers are in there. There's like these lacroix and there's a bunch of beer and wine too. All the dessert's gone.
Speaker 3: I wanted to bring some home today too. I was trying to behave myself and not bringing home last night and not looked like a greedy bastard. Well that was dumb, I know, super dumb. Yeah, so I'm like, oh, where's the little pieces of cheesecake? Er, the chalk gone?
Speaker 1: All our promotions girls are just they're probably in heaven. Yeah, they're all gone. The cookies you're all gone too. It boxes those those super duper homemade cookies.
Speaker 2: Man, well good for that.
Speaker 3: I was really honestly shocked this morning when I came in and everything was cleaned up and nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they did a good job.
Speaker 1: So and and that's that's the other part of especially when you're starting out in radio, right and you you know you need you need need to Like I I can go get my own Bojangles, right, but you know the boss brought didn't. That being said, when it's when it's your first job in radio. Some I know radio people who never bought food for a while because they were able to work in radio and it likes it's like sustained them because there was so much food here on the KCO Day radio program.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Boston.
Speaker 1: Paul's mad because there's a Denver Paul and I guess he feels cheated on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not only Denver Paul but also a former cop. You guys should fight in the octagon. That's all. It's really clear way to handle this right. Get in there. You guys can do too.
Speaker 1: We'll put a trading montage together. We'll get some of the Rockies soundtrack. We'll speed it up for you so you don't look like DeNiro trying to kick that guy's face in and the irishman.
Speaker 2: No, they both need to run on the beach.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they could play some volleyball. Really yeah, well a little bit of that action.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 3: When you go back and you watch Rocky Too, and you see the run on the beach with Apollo where they're both wearing like the John stocked and shirts and socks and stuff, yeah, it's very obvious that Apollo let him win.
Speaker 1: You started, now you start bef for what I am car well done is also Ross's other big thing is to get you divorced this morning, so because he just just what somebody's gonna suggest trying this to their wife later today and it's not gonna go.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I can hear that.
Speaker 1: You hear that A party in the hallway, man, They're like, hey, why don't we do it right next to the radio studios and not over in the conference room which has a door. Anyway, I wanted to come in here and clap for things we're saying. Could you think we could organize that? That'd be amazing, Right, you are make a good point. You get golf clap too. I don't want, I don't need them to go aggressive.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, uh crap, crap, crap, crap, cup, crap. M ross.
Speaker 1: If you check the Fox unanchored and anchored and see if they're rolling the Pentagon briefing that's going on right now, all right, so that they're they're doing a briefing on the on the strike. So let me let me tell you about this story he just sent me while he's looking looking to see if we got anything there. The TV is not working in here, so all right, I want to know what they're saying at the very least, maybe stream it on the on the tube of you or something and just let me know or followed on Twitter, right steaming on Twitter. So, yeah, they're having a Pentagon b I don't understand why we're still doing this. I'll get to ross the story here in just a moment that you sent me. It's it's because it's more funny than anything. But and it's a lot of stupid. But like we're in day whatever of this weird obsession with the media where they're like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, no, the missiles all missed. Yeah, no, they'll be back up and running by the end.
Speaker 15: Of the week.
Speaker 1: They never answered the question, what do you mean back up and run back up? Doing what whatever are you referencing? It's clear what they're referencing, obviously. So this intelligence and this intelligence report which was a very preliminary and it is literally labeled and considered of very low there's a terminology for it. It's a low confidence, right, it's initial assessments. They're using satellites obviously, and it's just first blush.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: First blush? And it has an asterisk in the report basically saying this is first blush, this is very low confidence intelligence and we need to we need to do more because a lot of what's a lot of what's going to inform them is subsequently what they see happening around these sites. So this this report got out, it's the one the media is using. And I want you to understand that somebody selectively leaked this thing to not just make Trump look bad, but to make these members of the military look like they don't know what the hell they're doing. Okay, all right, can we jip in on this? This is the Pentagon briefing going on right now.
Speaker 8: Checking.
Speaker 12: Sure, Oh so, Mike to Washington, Yanks. Anybody who's ever read a battalions to report after a fight knows that it's usually the initial report is usually wrong, sometimes grossly. So this is what happened. In a sense. It it caused y'all to sort of rethink the intelligence process us or the dissemination or do you think it's just I mean, it's a process itself doesn't require any more adjustment.
Speaker 14: Well, I can tell you what the chairman told me in the situation room reminded us all, which is alongside what you just said, sir, is that the first first reports are almost always wrong. They're almost always incomplete right, anything, whether it's a squad level operation or a strategic level operation. The initial reflections you get are coming at you at a high rate of speed from a lot of different sources. To your job is to step back and assess them. And that's why we're urging caution about putting it premising entire stories on biased leaks to biased publications, trying to make something look bad. How about we take a beat, recognize first the success of our warriors, hold them up, tell their stories, celebrate that wave an American flag, be proud of what we accomplished. And in the meantime, I can assure you the Chairman and his staff, the intelligence community, our staff and others are doing all the assassins necessary to make sure that mission was indeed successful.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, this is hech Seth.
Speaker 15: By the way, so thank you, MISSUS Secretary Hi. Iran has to recognized that their nuclear program was indeed severely damaged, but they also said that the US strikes only strengthen their ability and their determination to complete their nuclear program. How do you respond to us or is that a provocation from Iran?
Speaker 14: Well, I would say Iron's going to have to say a lot of things, right, now in order to bolster their image, especially internally. You know in if the media, there's a lot of things they'll say for domestic consumption, but we're watching very closely what they do. Again, that's the intelligib as the Chairman, I mean, the Chairman laid it up so beautifully.
Speaker 2: Our job is to be prepared. And how proud are you?
Speaker 14: How proud am I? I didn't know the full story of those men and women fifteen years ago who've been pointing at that target.
Speaker 2: That makes me proud to be an American. That's an awesome story.
Speaker 14: I hope we can tell more aspects of that in an unclassified way in the future. That's a great thing to know. Our job is to be prepared when the commander in chief calls based on those assessments. So of course our I see the Intelligence Committee will keep watching what Iran does and pay attention to that. But the President has created the contours, the opportunity for a deal for peace in something that the world said was intractable, that wasn't possible, and we got that piece, that cease fire, that option, because of strength, because of his willingness to.
Speaker 2: Use, we can get out of this.
Speaker 1: I'll give a little summary here in the final segment. So yeah, so basically the initial report was this. We think it's much more substantial the fact that we're doing this and the fact that that was leaked, And for those of you thinking that the leak, because the way that outlets are presenting this, I don't think gives a clear picture. Not very few people had access to that report. But there's two groups of people who did have access, and that is the well, there's more than just two. It's congressional committees that deal with intelligent the intelligence and military side of things. So when there's it's not just some staffer they're looking for it. Maybe a staffer, but there's a very high probability it's a member of Congress who doesn't like Trump, who sits on one of those committees, who leaked this thing or had somebody leak it after they themselves got a copy and then conveyed it to get that separation. So understand what you're dealing with. But what a dumb thing to spend days and days on. But we should be I don't say used to it by now, but we should expect it. All right, let's get Jeff mar from the Weather channel and by now you should be used to and expect to melt when you walk outside.
Speaker 4: Fun. Yeah, Unfortunately, we're not done with a heat of humidity today. We've got another heat advisor. He's going to start at eleven and lasted until seven this evening. The reason behind your ninety six field and hotter though that heat in decks between one hundred and one oh five when he added humidity and a temperatures heat up this after a few isolated thunder stores may develop and he rang the dest move. It will tape after the evening with it overnight love seventy four tomorrow early sunshine. That's have scattered afternoon fedderstorms up to ninety five once to get a triple digit heat in decks. And we're gonna stay hot during the weekend with some early sunshine Saturday and Sunday and a few afternoon feaderstorms each days. High temperatures climb height of at mid nineties.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Jeff Maher. Are you at us tomorrow or I am?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we'll see you bright in early seven forty five we go welome. All right, there you go, Jeff Maher. And when we come back the other Jeff. Jeff Bellinger from Bloomberg News. He'll join us next. Jeff Bellinger from Bloomberg News, Joining us, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 16: Looking at the stock market futures that are modestly higher right across the board. The now futures are up ninety eight points at the moment. The latest snapshot of the job market just in is mixed. The Labor Department counted two hundred and thirty six thousand for time applications for unemployment benefits last week. That was ten thousand fewer than the week before, but the number of continuing claims has jumped to the highest level since November of twenty twenty one, all suggesting the jobs have become harder to find once one is unemployed. Japan's chief trade negotiator says his his nation cannot accept a US tariff of twenty five percent on cars. He says Japanese automakers have made big investments in the US, creating more than two million jobs, and more Japanese branded cars are now made in the US than shipped here from Japan. President Trump has a short list possible successors to Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell. The president told reporters he has three or four people in mind. He did not mention any names, nor did he say when he might announce his decision. The Wall Street Journal has reported the president is considering an early announcement. Powell's term runs through next May. Walgreens posted better been expected sales and darnings for the latest quarter. This will be one of the drug store chains last quarters as a public company. Walgreens will be taken over by the private equity firm Sycamore Partners.
Speaker 2: By the end of the year.
Speaker 16: A company that brings people together is breaking up with almost a third of its workers. The struggling dating app operator Bumble is cutting about two hundred and forty employees in Casey. There is a lot of buzz and social media about a new shoe that Nike will be releasing very soon. The Airmax Phenomena will be a so called snowfer. This is a loafer on top sneaker on the bottom. There's already a resale market with people willing to pay more than five hundred dollars for a pair, and Nike has not officially set a release date, but one Japanese retailer's Instagram account says the shoe will be out tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Casey.
Speaker 1: I I do not understand the shoe market, whether it's yeah.
Speaker 2: In order to wise, I have shoes. I like my shoes I have. I don't pay that much.
Speaker 1: I have some nicer leather ones for when I have to be you know, something special.
Speaker 2: Right, What kind of shoes do you wear, Jeff on the regular?
Speaker 8: Uh, they're not sneakers.
Speaker 16: They're from a company called Eco and so they're they're leather ruppers. But I but rubber soles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm brocking straight. Cost of boat shoes every day. Man, Okay, dress.
Speaker 2: For the job you want, all right, see you letter. Okay, have a good day. Yeah, Rosta's crocs every day. So no, no, no, I'm dude. You know I'm a big fan of the New Balance.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: New Balance shoes are elite. I don't care what anybody says, Ross and full dad mode. It's great.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: We were wearing nice shoes yesterday. I was told, yeah, I had to. I had to find them in the back of the closet. And I didn't wear a hat, which is like, I don't remember the last time I went out in public without a hat on.
Speaker 2: So I was weird. Don't worry, He's bills had it up this morning.
Speaker 3: But I was told the Dad outfit is actually the Sketchers and not the New Balance. What are the New Balance then? Now New Balance are like, you know, elite and awesome and the best shoes ever. Everybody's saying it.
Speaker 2: I don't, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I've never owned a pair of it, but everyone I know who does own a pair like I love some that being said, I just I thought they kind of had that the Dad rep.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: I think that's changed, because, yeah, they were the shoes that up until like schedules.
Speaker 2: Were skater shoes, weren't they. H Now they're the old person shoes. I can't keep up, man.
Speaker 3: But the New Balance they were the shoes i'd buy my mom for like Christmas, like she wanted the They were the old woman's shoes, and now apparently they're not.
Speaker 1: Oh man, okay, all right, changing man, all I gotta try to fit both these stories.
Speaker 2: That all right.
Speaker 1: So the heckset thing was mostly him just tearing the press, just tearing into them. I'm not surprised, basically said you you said what I said, you guys hate him so much, it's that that you're going to start from there, and and it gives you joy to hack upon him when I and honestly, I want some analysis. And and who knows, maybe one site is decimated and one site could use a few more bunker busters that they look like they're trying to restart it.
Speaker 2: Just tell me what the hell's going on. This is why I hate all of this.
Speaker 1: But anyway, all right, so I jokingly said that Ross is trying to get people divorced. But there's a reason for that, okay, and it's because lunatics exist. So apparently one of the hot new social media trends is mouth taping. Mouth taping touted by some for better sleep. So so what you want to do want go home? Guys, go home tonight, Ladies, go home tonight.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Turn to your spouse right before bedtime, and then just do the thing where you rip the duct tape thing off the thing. You're like, I got an idea, and they'll be like, whoa this is? I don't know, it's this our thing. He's like, no, no, not that, and then just stick it over their mouth like it they're a bank hostage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of those things where like a retweet doesn't necessarily mean endorsement, Like just because I scent it along doesn't mean I think you should put duct tape over your wife's mouth while in bed, you know, and make her into a kidnapping victim.
Speaker 2: Because but have you ever thought of it? Have not? Not you?
Speaker 1: It was more of a general because I guarantee there's some people listening, both men and women, who thought I would love to duct tape that person's mouth shut right now.
Speaker 3: But you look at like the photo from the New York Post article that we were retweeted at Casey on the radio, Yeah, it looks like, you know, like she's gonna die.
Speaker 2: Because she can't breathe.
Speaker 1: She'd force her to breathe out of her nose. I hope she doesn't get a clog nose later. Man, that's not gonna go well for so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is.
Speaker 1: But you know, there's a certain amount of humor obviously, with the idea that you might get a better night's sleep if your spouse can't talk to you so or has to talk like Dakota.
Speaker 2: Johnson and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh tell oh yeah, baby, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: What do you want to breathe? Oh well you.
Speaker 1: Want want wanta every day? Give, give, give, I need some me time. Here's some more tape. And yeah, it's fine when the dude's like a billionaire or whatever. Yeah, it's weird how that works?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Sexy? Yeah? How well, how hot that is