Speaker 1: Water house.
Speaker 2: Why so I can rend it back to you. Just pay what you can un till you get back on your feet. Net Flanders, I can't believe what you totally did for us. Well, seriously, Ocean said to the dirt, I appreciate the sentiment.
Speaker 3: Four Finger Discount, dude, Welcome to four Finger Discant, where this week we've gone all the way back to season twenty.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, Oh boys review. The episode is titled No Loan Again, Naturally. I am Dando and I am guy. Yes, welcome to the No Loan Again Naturally episode, the one where you felt sympathy for a landlord.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of things to say about this episode.
Speaker 1: I have one. It sucked.
Speaker 4: There are actually a few really good gags in this But let's getting to the point now where you're watching episode going this isn't a good episode. There's just a few good jokes throughout it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have probably used this analogy in the past, but hey, a good analogy is worth repeating. I think you've repeated that line a few times as well, because a good gag is worth repeating to you and sort of apropos for this episode. This is a poorly designed and poorly built house. It has some really nice art on the walls, and that's it. Yeah it's pink painted a nice color, and that's it. Because yeah, this is shabby and shoddy, but yeah, one or two good gags that actually feel if not vintage era, then vintage era adjacent. It's like, this wouldn't get sort of laughed out of the room if say, Cold and O'Brien was in there. It's not bad. Give it another trick, give it a second draft. Kid, Yeah, why are you calling me a kid? Codon O'Brien, I'm older than I.
Speaker 4: Think with four figured game in the podcast, Now, what you're going to get is grumbling guy and Dando for in twenties, and.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to try and exceens well.
Speaker 4: We always try and focus on the positives as well. There are positives in this episode and we'll dive into that. I think we do some of the more in depth discussion on these post Golden Year episodes that I'm.
Speaker 1: Very proud of. But before we.
Speaker 4: Get into all the discussion on this episode and whatnot, we need to first of all, thank our patients. Thank you to do with the people who know who really matter at who support this show. Our support is on Patreon. Thank you so much for supporting the showlder the new people who joined the family this week, and getting access to over one hundred hours of bonus content. We'll be giving our shoutouts later in the episodes, So thank you guys. We've got new members of the fan, we do, indeed. Yeah, well that's brilliant each week, yes, but big news here at the Dandou household. So last week we reviewed Barts dog gets an f and tribute to Jet. We lost our Geddi boy recently and I sort of swore to the kids or saw to myself.
Speaker 1: No pets for a while. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: And then it's almost I don't believe in signs and miracles and things. I believe in coincidences, right, but I've never seen.
Speaker 1: A cat the church of coincidence.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a cat in our estate right since we've lived here, and we've lived here for thirteen years now, right, never seen a single cat. So three days after we get back from picking up Jet from Bendigo, we drove all the way to Benny Go of the kids to pick up his ashes, and we got back this cat just appeared in our backyard and why is there a cat in the backyard. Here's a young cat, and obviously it was astray, had no collar on, and it was going under our deck, and I went, look, the last thing I want is a female pregnant cat going under our deck and having kittens. So I got it out and I blocked the deck, but it kept coming back night after night, to the point where I'm sitting there and I was sort of playing PlayStation or on watching TV and seeing his cat in our backyard, and I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Opened the door. I'm like pus puss and came inside and I was like, you must be somebody's pet. He's so tame. And she just literally came inside and slept on my lap and I went, oh, no, what are you doing to me? What are you doing to me?
Speaker 4: I went, no, Brendan, don't do this, don't do this. No, it's just just astray or someone's cat. They'll put it back outside every night lo and behold ten pm. Ten pm, either ten minutes two or ten minutes after this cat would be at our back door and I'm thinking, well, somebody must be letting it out at this time. And this is coming to get some extra food anyway. So I said to me, I'm going to catch it. Catch this cat, take it to the vet to get it scanned. See he's gonna own.
Speaker 1: A blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: So I catch his cat and Nicholas like, yeah, we're not keeping a cat, not getting the cat, blah blah blah. And she's like, what are you even looking up for.
Speaker 1: This cat for?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, it's so nice. I just want to make sure it's safe. I don't like cat's being out in the wild strays if it's a nice cat. She's like, fine, whatever, So I'll put it in the cat cage and we go to bed, and the cat was sleeping in our wardrobe, not the wardrobe covered like a walk in wardrobe, walking like a walking robes whatever. They are walking robe, open room, and it's in the little cat carrier. I'm sleep in there and it's me owing. And Nicola wakes up to go to work the following day and she says, sure to take the blanket off this cage. Cat won't shut up, and I was like, sure, I was telling you the other day. She takes the blanket off and I'm laying in bed, minds close to and within three seconds of here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're so beautiful. Oh you're so beautiful. I'm like, looks like we're getting the cat Bendeva's pussing boots look on you. Yeah, never fail. Oh my god, he's a wonderful look Dan. I hate to say it. I hate to get a little chicken soup for the soul on you. But you know, sometimes you don't choose a pet. Sometimes a pet chooses you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's just one of those cats where it's just you scratch it and it immediately starts purring and his rolls over and just sort of belly rubs in your arm.
Speaker 1: You know why because cats are sly, Yeah, and they're smart. That's what I didn't want one. And it's going to run this house. And last night I built a cat tower. He really did, folks. He went on yes, a site that runs with schmamers on dot schmom and he's created this incredible castle for this for this cat. Pretty good cat tree, isn't it. It's a very nice cat two meters talls, got all these different houses to sit inside, and it's got various levels. It looks Yeah, it looks like an mc esha painting. It's literally a kid's play center for cats. Well, when you've got a cat, you essentially have another kid. I just need a ball pit. Yeah that's true. Yeah, but yeah, welcome to the family cat. Yes. So, so what happens to it? To the vet?
Speaker 4: Got scanned, no microL chip, no owner. They have to take it to the pound for eight days before I can go and adopt it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, we're not going to dismiss the fine work of veterinarians and animal shelters and all that kind of stuff, particularly the one here in Geelong, which I think does really really great work. But at the same time, it felt like we don't be going to the details. But it felt like you were getting a little screwed over by big Vet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I thought it. I said, Ki, do you guys charge the scam for Michael chips? And she goes, no, no, bring it down, will scan it. And then she just said, oh, you kind of a back. Now you didn't that was a part of the deal. She's like, oh, we have to wait eight days and if you apply for it and then maybe you can adopt it. Wait a minute, so I rescue this cat, bring it down for a scan, and now you're take it away from saying that I might be able to adopt it. But it turns out I spoke to the pan like, yeah, no one else is called up for it, so after the eight day grace period, you can adopt it.
Speaker 1: So we're going to be getting this case. I was about to say, no, good deed goes unpunished, but okay, look it sounds like things are working out, especially for the cat.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's going to be yeah, getting a good life here. We like to look after animal, so it looks like Dana's getting a cat.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the wonderful world of cat dad ownership. I've been a member of this fraternity for quite some time. Yeah, it's rewarding and fun. Maybe we can play dates. Maybe, except basically have it for the for the cat tower. Except I think basically has probably been institutionalized by begging. Solitary confinement in my house that never goes outside, never goes outside.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like this cat's going to have to be that as well, because it was astray and they said I'm going to keep it inside for at least a month, if not too because you let it out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna go straight back to where we us to hide out. Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it's trying to keep that back door closed with two kids running inside and out. Good luck, good luck. Yeah, I might be getting a cat for a couple of days. Someone might be, And I hope you applaud. I'm about to do it because I'm about to really land this plane. Someone might have to tap into their home equity to you know, build like a cat door or something like that. See what I did there? Yeah? Do you guys see what I did there? I hope So for.
Speaker 4: All this episode's faults, watching this in twenty twenty five, it is somewhat related for.
Speaker 1: Because if you're fortunate enough to own a home, yes, you might want to tap into this miraculous thing called home equity. Put the bill on the house. Put the bill on the house, and make it future homeowner's problem. You won't lie kind of hit home for me, not intended, but grated. You're not throwing Mardi Gras parties, that's your buying and not even doing that days unless I'm sort of, you know, racking up bonus points at macas, Like can I get a free apple? Paar? With this amount of points that I've got. Yeah, sure can, sir, he still stopped up on hot cross buns or you're eating them all. I am down. I'm glad you mentioned you were so angry. Then well I'll tell you why why I'm down to my Well, the hog was a meant to come out your first hop movie or the second. Hold. Yeah, we'll get to favorite moments in a little while as well. We're approaching Good Friday as we record this. This is the day that you traditionally eat hot cross bunge. Tradially, if you're if you're a good Catholic, a good Mick like me, that's the only day you eat hot cross buns. Really, yeah, I mean you meant to hot grast buns. I suppose. Yeah, it's good for I think good for. Are we still in Lent?
Speaker 4: This hasn't happened yet, has it. It's got hot cross bund has been out for so long I just assume that the season is over.
Speaker 1: No, this really should have just started it. And it's really Margaret Mary God bless her, my beloved mother, my sainted mum, is probably just going to be like that nun in the Bluebell and just slap me with a ruler because I'm not doing right by my Catholic doctrine here. But I'm pretty sure we're still in Lent, which is you know, as Ned mentioned this, it's as Wednesday, drap your gens and confess your ends.
Speaker 4: But but you know, for all of the odds that we would review the Easter episode at Easter.
Speaker 1: Time, well, we are now founding members of the Church of Coincidence. We are indeed, this is this episode is fucking circles within circles. Man, It's great. I'm really really enjoyed. I think we're in Lent right now, and I think Lent ends on Good Rider and that's when you can have a delay on hot Cross Burn.
Speaker 4: Lent is a forty day season of prayer, fastening, aims giving that begins on Ash Wednesday and ends at sundown on Holy Thursday.
Speaker 1: Which I think is the day before Good Friday. So we go here.
Speaker 4: So the Lent dates where Fifth of Marches started and it ends this Thursday. So as this episode's being released, it's when it ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, not everyone has to abide by Lent, but you know, for you know, people who were raising the religion. I was it's like you got forty days of denying yourself, just like Jesus did. And you know, when Good Friday rolls around, it's like, hey, kids, you've been good all that time. Have a delightful Hot Cross bunt. Whereas now it's kind of like, Okay, Christmas is over. What can we sell people at the supermarket buns? Yeah, and now we're getting varieties of buns, which you know, guy likes variety. We he had Hot Cross buns being sold at our local supermarket in twenty twenty four. Oh yeah, but you're wonder if I'm still eating Cross But yeah, I am down to my last bag. Cool because the fine folks at all Only were doing a BENOFFI Hi, He said this, yeah, and I was like, grab them, grab and grab them, gotta catch them all.
Speaker 4: Did you see there's a Hot Cross bun flavored chocolates, now Hot Cross bun flavored kit cats.
Speaker 1: There is Hot Cross bun flavored fruit. I had McDonald's. Wow, it was not bad. Yeah, but then I went back around. He was like, oh, I better stock up on my beIN off of your flavored buns. Guess what limited they didn't have anymore? So what about the other eldest store there, she could have a different one. There's another one's when I cried, that's I probably should have gone there. But like on the website, I could do that too. Well. There's so many options, There's so many things I could have done other than just bitch. But the upshot is, speaking of bitch, you know this episode, I've got two hot gross buns left, and that should take me into Eastern Eastern yea, because once East is done, don't want to eat hot crospuns anymore. And then the stand for Easter eggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've said to nicola'm gon eat one Easter egg this year, because what happens is we go crazy the East eggs of the kids and I end up eating them. Yeah, And it's like other, just little ones, and it's like, oh, I just have twelve of them, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then you're discovering the wonders of compounding interests. Yeah, why am I always fatter in May? It's going to be in May?
Speaker 4: Yes, But this episode here, so, as I was mentioning earlier, plenty of I said plenty of good. There's some good, there's some bad, and there is some downright confusing, right, some absolute head scratches in this episode.
Speaker 1: But let's start with the good.
Speaker 4: I thought there were some decent gags throughout the probably more probably more so than usual for an episode from this era, where I went, there's actually a lot of jokes throughout this that I'm actually really enjoying more so than usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say that, you know, when they've made this transition to digital, I guess ort to high Death. Yeah, it feels fresh, doesn't it. Well, I think they probably took that, and I could be wrong, as like, it's a new era for this, It's a new day in Springfield. You know, let's view it as a creative rebirth as well. Let's see, I try to get back to first, Prince was trying to get back to basics, trying to tell some really good gags, and a lot of these feel like, yeah, the kind of things that were being thrown at your thick and in the Golden era, it's like there was just a random gags for the sake of it, you know, visual gags or one liners or signs or bits or whatever. And yeah, there's certainly a fair few in here that and not all of them work, but some of them do, so yeah. I think it's one of those signs when it's like, Okay, you're maybe getting a B a B minus for execution, but you're certainly getting an apha effort.
Speaker 4: And there were certainly gags from the Golden Ear that don't really stick. But I think we just have this nostalgic love for them and just go we give them the pass anyway.
Speaker 1: I think so because everything else around them was so good, and also maybe we hadn't experienced a lot of like that before.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, true, and yeah, so I don't want to get into exactly what it was like because most of my favorite moments those moments there, so we get that.
Speaker 1: A little bit later.
Speaker 4: But I do think that Flanders here now. The one negative of the Flanders character is that for some reason they keep having him say these really ridiculous forced flanderisms now where he goes well, as the Worm said to the player for YEDDI well as this said to this, and I was like, why does everything have to be that joke now with Flanders?
Speaker 1: And he doesn't.
Speaker 4: I think it's three times in this episode he says, well if something says that, I was like, why does he have to start preface every comment with that.
Speaker 1: I know where you're coming from. Yeah, yeah, very very frustrating. I also would love to know what the woman actually said to the spaghetti. But he passes out before he lets his hang it man.
Speaker 4: Disappointing, but I think we've got the best of Flanders here, a man who, despite his faults, loves his neighbors and goes out of his way to ensure they aren't thrown out onto the street, despite the fact that they're just, as to put it in this episode, Home in particular, but horrible people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean. And he's backed up by Marge. Yeah. Is normally his conscience or the voice of reason. Now not always, but you know, usually the case, or sometimes you're suffering in silence. But she seems fairly complicit in like taking advantage of Ned's good nature and his I guess legal standing as their landlord as well.
Speaker 4: I think the only justification I can find for March, and for the writing of March being this way, is that they have her going, Oh my god, I've needed all these things done for so long. You asked me, you asked me to do it, and he'll just do it. I don't think she's she's more focused on oh my god, all these things are finally being done, as opposed to going, oh, it's actually impacting ed.
Speaker 1: We we don't have to live this way. Yeah, I don't have to live with a dripping tap or something like that's coming out of the hot now. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So her whole life, she's had a husband who hasn't been able to fix anything.
Speaker 1: Who's been derelict in his duty or just incapable of doing so. Yeah, so that's the out for Marge meeting for me. That's a really good point. I will I will certainly pay that for you and for Marge. Yeah, because it really is kind of I say, this is a home mine of myself, and you'd probably agree. There are times when it's just like this is just the way that is, you know, or you learn to live with something. Yeah that tap drips a little bit or whatever. It's like, you could probably fix it. Oh, I'm not gonna lie. I feel I forever feel inadequate when I can't fix it around the house, and Nicholas like I'll have a look at it, and I'm like, fuck, if Nichola can do this. Like I got home one day she was like, can you put the bathroom. I can't. I can't put a shelf on the fucking war man Like. It's like I can now, but I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I remember this point in time the bathroom rack fell off and I was like, well, I don't know how to put this back ups off the YouTube and figure it out. I'm like, I'll do it when I get home. This is back when I was working at the old PC. And I got home and Nicholas, like artist did it. And I was like, oh, my wife is home with the kids, looking at the kids.
Speaker 1: She's like she'd had enough and she just got she just did it herself.
Speaker 4: And I was like, man, mate, you should be able to You should be able to do the basic shit around the house, Like you see a leaky tap, and I'm like, I should be able to fix this. I should know how to fix this. Why don't I know how to fix it? This this laziness and this is this is not a gender thing either. We're not say oh men do this and women do that.
Speaker 1: I know. It's this is just like being a person.
Speaker 4: Nicola is my spouse, Nicolas my partner, so it's just your partner feels like I have to do all she's doing all the work. I should be able to do it.
Speaker 1: But it's just being a person in the world and being someone who actually owns not just a property, but property within the house. Yeah, it's like speaking about this, you know, when I had the the kitchen tap, it's like, Okay, something is not quite right and finally just like call the plumber, fix it up, very very quick. It was a bruce, like my guy, Nah, this was this was Dave. Shout out to Dave Hardwick, legitimate friend of the pod, or at least friend of one half of the pod, because yeah, I'd be lost with that. Folcus is a very sort of adult problem or whatever. If you have like a competent and reliable trades person on standby that you can call and say, yeah, I can be there tomorrow or I can be there later this afternoon, you know, and you know that you're in a Yeah, they're not going to screw you over and they're going to get the job done well, which reminds me I need to pay day's bill. But it just takes such a load off your shoulders.
Speaker 4: It's like, don't look for a plumber, look for a handy man. Oh, absolutely handy man's are so much better or be the handy man. Absolutely, but yeah when he fixed all that, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh that was easy. Things think, but things just work. Things can just work. So I can understand exactly where Marge is coming from. What comes out of the hot that that's neat. Yeah, oh it's.
Speaker 4: Wild because we look at the kitchen for example, I'm a need more cupboards and Nicholas dad for example, we were in England right eighteen months ago, maybe two years ago, and her Mum's like, I love the gazebo at the back and he just goes to this fucking like their version of Bunnings, buy some wood and starts building his gazebo. Oh and they went out one day and he's building this gazebo and j and he goes, no, it's right, you just stay inside.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ah, he doesn't know what my help. He knows I'm going to be adding nothing to this. I'm sure. Yeah, Look this is like my my brother in law Ross. I'm sure I've mentioned many times in the past. The handiest of handyman, Yeah, just can build shit or repair shitt. Modern day Hercules is a handyman. Yeah. Yeah, And I mean I've said, you know, how much, so I've sort of I mean horrible how much I respect him. I don't think i'd say I mean a ROSSI look mate, but he said something like, oh, yeah, you do this and this, and I'm like, you know, talk about movies or something like that, or you know, great movie reviews for the local newspapers, like you can set up your mother's foxtail for her, except I can't. Except that wasn't my fault. I'm not going to borirol on with the story of how I went over to try and fix my mum's foxtel except to TV has still probably got cathode ray tubes and it's incompatible with the latest one. What are we talking about Just the fact that Ross Ross well talking about Ross, but also yeah, just building stuff or being able to fix stuff and having someone like that on hand, whether it is it's a good trait for Flanders to have because he's portrayed as the I don't want to say, we'll see he kind of is though, isn't He's portrayed as the guy that you know, he won't fight, he's religious, he's a very you wouldn't necessarily think of him as the most masculine character, and they sort of traditionally masked.
Speaker 4: They pull the rug out back in season four when Marge's doing the plane and takes his shirt and he's jacked right, so he's ripped, he's hung like a donkey, and he's a handyman. He's pretty much every Woe's trem except he's not as well. Well, he's stupid sexy flanners. Yeah, but at the same time.
Speaker 1: Every trait that the woman wants, every trade that a woman doesn't want, that's a very very good way of putting it. And for him to be handy in the way that he is, or combine that with the good nature of actually wanting to do stuff or having the mindset it's like, well, you know, I'm their landlord. This is my property, they're my tenants. It's my responsibility to fix anything that needs fixing around this place. Unfortunately, there's going to be times when you had people who say who will take advantage of that as they do in.
Speaker 4: This episode, we had a guy come over recently built cupboards for our laundry. It gave us some extra storage space because you can never run out of storage space. Mate, always storage space is needed in the house and whilst that was happening, I took the kids of the park because it was loud and that was getting the way and a friend of ours brought their kid to the Partlah, oh were there, and he goes, so you've left your wife for home with a guy that can build shit.
Speaker 1: Nice one. I was like, oh, no, I hope this's friend of yours is no Jesus, what a thing to say. It is official.
Speaker 4: We have finally launched Bob's Pods, a Bob's Burger's podcast, reviewing every episode of the series exclusively.
Speaker 1: On our Patreon.
Speaker 4: We dissect the relationships, the themes, the burger specials, and everything else that goes into making Bob's Burgers one of the most loved animated series today. So if you want to sink your teeth into one of the tastiest podcasts going around, join the four Finger discam family today at patreon dot com slash four.
Speaker 1: Finger discat good times. But yeah, so that's what I liked about the episode.
Speaker 4: I thought the Flanders, I thought we got the best version of Flanners here where he was very considerate and to the but he also broke because that was just so despicable. They took advantage of his of his generosity, and he forced even someone as nice as Flanders to eventually retaliate and force them or victim at the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was fully justified in doing so, wholly deserved. Absolutely and not just that they slammed it his good name by you know, going to the news. Yeah, it was just they do this a lot.
Speaker 4: Moden Simpson's just over the top negativity and horrible natured characters. So I've just got this is what leads him to the worst. I just think for the most part, Homer was despicable in this and to all this extent Marge, which we've already discussed, Homer uses all the family savings again for something that is pointless, right in the grand scheme of things, a party for himself at Marti Gras party, and gets his family thrown out of his own their house onto the street flanners that comes to their rescue, and then he starts demanding they both start demanding he fixed their house because they'd have the landlord.
Speaker 1: It's just that just horrible people. They're just and I'm not just going.
Speaker 4: So He's doing all this nice stuff and then all of a sudden they're doing the expos a and they're yelling at him and because he might come over it in the middle of the night to fix the gas. And I don't know about half of this episode, I went, why are we doing this? Why we started out okay, and then now you've just gone back.
Speaker 1: To real jerk ass Homer again. Yeah, and you don't really understand the endgame of it in terms of the I mean, like, well, the whole episode is pointless. Really of it is, isn't it. Yeah. I did introduce us to other neighbors that the Simpsons head. I don't think I've ever really sort of been canned with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's just I don't really get the point of that as well. All the neighbors hate them. It's like, I hate this neighborhood and I'm like, well then move, then move. Yeah, you're the problem here. But again, we have Homer, and as you said lesser extent March, we have Homer being a dick, being horrible, blowing his family savings and then having no repercussions for it in the end because in the end, Fanners goes, you know what, I love these guys, and I'm gonna let them come back into the house. And I'm thinking, why, I get that you're a lovely person, but that's your way of writing them, writing stuff out of this hole that you've created for the family, like they're in a homeless shop. I felt so sorry for Button Lisa in this because they were just victims of their father's behavior.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: There's one point in the episode where they're living in a homeless shelter, laying on beds and Homers and and Lisa says, this is the lowest this family's ever sunk. And I'm going, this may be the lowest show has to suck.
Speaker 1: That's a really good point. Yeah, I mean, the family are living in a homeless shop because of Homer's fucking selfishness. I was like, this is just horrible. Yeah. And even the handful of tiny nice gestures that the Simpsons do towards Flanders in terms of like, oh, you know, we let them a note, or you know, we took a last picture and well we put up a sign that initially said screw you Flanders and said bless you need or something like that. Yeah, none of it really compensates or makes up all the bad shit that they did.
Speaker 4: They try to have the out of home and going We're gonna treat you nice now, Flanners, but you just know next week is go back to the status square. You can't just at the end go I love you, Flanders, We're gonna be great friends, because you just know it's not gonna happen again next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, it's pretty much the textbook case of abusive relationship.
Speaker 4: Well, I think by twenty two, by season twenty, the Simpsons writers have kind of lost the trust of the viewers where we don't actually believe anything that they do anything, They don't follow through with anything they set up things. For example, I know I always go back to this, but it's just the example that always pops into my mind because we get Nelson's mum in this kissing mo but Nelson's dad returned a couple of seasons ago and then we just never saw him again and that story was just completely thrown out. We had and they go, well, every episode lives in a capture. I'm like, that's fine, but that was an arc for the Nelson character, and you've just thrown out and said why should we Why should we as viewers commit or buy into any storyline that you're doing now, especially when it ends with Homer saying I'm gonna love you going forward. Flanns is gonna be the best neighbor ever. Is the joke's supposed to be, well, we know who you won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's lazy. It feels kind of all or nothing to say you've got to go all in on the continuity or just make every episode not necessarily a bottle episode.
Speaker 4: But its own kind of reality. Yeah, you have to do that, but it's I don't know, choose a lane for me though. It just makes this ending feel a bit of a cop out when you go, oh, they've been despicable this whole episode and now Flanns just gonna have them back, and they're going yep, well we love you forever, Flanners, and like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's just lazy. I'm not buying it. They don't deserve to get back into the house, absolutely not. Marge as well, well, that's it not to say, oh, this is the way they would have done it back in the day, but yeah, usually there'd be some kind of moral lesson and it wouldn't be beaten over their head in a South park. You know, I learned something to that kind of way. But you know, I think traditionally the show would say actions have consequences, or the things you do have repercussions, and you know, sometimes you're gonna have to reckon with that. Sometimes you're gonna have to deal with that. It doesn't seem to be the case in this and certainly in something as large as losing your house having to move into a homeless shelter, because you know, these are big issues, and yeah, for them to treat it as frivolously as they do in this episode, it's like it's all in good fun. It's like it is. But I'm going back to the analogy of just like you've built a shitty house on poor foundations and you've tried to, you know, decorate it with a couple of good gags. You'll feel it just us as your handyman. Yeah, yeah, and you're expecting us to do a lot of be lifting in a lot of maintenance, which you know we're not're not capable of. I think they didn't they left it too late for the family to be kicked out and put to the homeless shutter. There'd be more time focused on them suffering and having to go through Yeah, and then realize, holy shit, this we've brought on ourselves. We fucked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and have Homer has to utter the words I'm sorry to Flanders. It can't just be Flanders. So he kicks them out. Like one scene later, he's going and sees the photo and goes, I love those guys. I'm having them back.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there was nothing to justify that decision besides the fact that Flanders is nice. Yeah. The owners is on Flanders to sort of do the right thing. No, I mean they never they never acknowledged I did anything wrong. Yeah, we're going to recap the episode anyway. But okay, first of all, Homer terrible financial mismanagement on his part. Man, We've all been there, Okay, takes advantage of the good nature of his good neighbor who does him a real solid Also bad gets worse when oh, he's we can't take advantage of them. Fine, we're gonna manipulate Yeah, we're gonna manipulate him, or we're gonna ruin his good name, gets worse, gets worse, gets worse. One of these you should apologize for three of them. Come on, man, So I don't want to sound like flanners and like, do the right thing. But The Simpsons at its best is not necessarily providing with a guide to life. But it's you know, saying, be a good person in the world. You know, we'll tell you a few jokes. But also, you know, this is a family just trying to get by, and sometimes they do the right thing, sometimes they do the wrong thing. When they do the wrong thing, they usually like, oh, we messed up or his here, here's how we can make amends for that. There's none of that here.
Speaker 4: It's hard to watch the season twenty episode and sort of work out what the message is for this episode. It feels like a lot of that we say Golden ear episodes that had a message or there was a theme, or there was something to learn from it. You know, don't don't do what Home is doing, because there was always repercussions in the Golden Era and you'd go, oh, don't do it, because look what happened in the end. Now it's just don't worry. Keep being a dick, keep being horrible, because make sure you take advantage of someone who's such a sap that they will continue to allow you to step over them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this doesn't it didn't necessarily have to be a quite unquote very special episode where the Simpsons are homeless or the Simpsons are dealing with an unhoused situation or something like that. Yeah, it still has to have that moral center, something something, something, There's something, Hey my favorite. Give me some favorite moments, please, some favorite moments. What did I enjoy? I know you mentioned ned. You know you're not a fan of his wordplay, but I did enjoy and I mentioned it earlier. And the clock ticks over it the Mardi Gras. I believe they call it fat Tuesday in Tuesday in New Orleans, but the clocktics over to ash Wednesday. Its stun to set down here, gens and confess your sins. I know, I thought that was funny, but I'm a suck of a good wordplay. And speaking of one line, I did actually sympathize with the home but with one thing. When he was talking with Gil, the mortgage broker, I'm glad that Gill sort of land on his feet. But he's talking about how he owes all his money now and basically, this isn't the future, it's the lousies thinking now. I thought that was a really good line and really well delivered by Dan. A lot of us have been there. Yeah, absolutely pay back money now. I like the auctioneer guy who's like, please hand me your paddles in like an orderly fashion. What is this random hand in your paddle down? Just little things like that. And Homer's ice cream story I thought was very funny. Yeah, because as someone who, as listeners of this show will realize, is prone to long, banal stories that go nowhere. Yeah, this is a good look joke being explaining where they're just being. And then I said thank you very much, Like, yeah, Dad, we were there. Yeah, this is the time looking to be like you told that story last week, or it's like does this one point here he goes again, which is a joke under itself because I say, this is always death all the dame.
Speaker 4: So my first favorite moment was one where they actually, I can't work if they want us to like him or not.
Speaker 1: Like Homer.
Speaker 4: So when he says I've left the surprise for the new homeowner and you just assume it's a turd.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's up the stairs. I was going to be gross.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, he's left the flowers saying please love our home as much as we did, and I'm like, he's horrible, but then he's love, look, what are you trying to do to me? It's an abusive relationship. Like you said, I'm getting whip lest Yeah, like he's a nice person, but he's not a nice person.
Speaker 1: What to be doing.
Speaker 4: Also loved Flanners saying, let me get my tools and they're already in the Simpsons house. That feels like classic Simpsons and the final one where it just you know, it's just happens.
Speaker 1: It's sort of glides by it. But Planners is nailing something to.
Speaker 4: The doors the eviction notice and this is maybe it's species, and he goes, oh, that's gross, and then that's it just sort of moves and I was like, that's a good gad.
Speaker 1: Next question you there eating the beast, all right?
Speaker 4: My first question for you is Homer asked Bart to go get some records. They believe they are what they called the genre of musicals is called zydigodik. That's great zydigo, which I've got my notes what zydigo is. Well, we get to that, but how many boxes of them were there?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, because he he says like there are like twelve more yeah, but he's bringing four so sixteen h wife for twelve. Maybe you're right. More so, yes, you tried to drink me. Quimby says he is at a fake trade seminar in which city when he gets a call from missus school. I could look up my notes, but I won't. Ah, if you're diligent enough to take notes about this guy and thing, look them up.
Speaker 4: Okay, then, so Mary Quinby says, pretend that you add a party in Zurich. In Zurich, that's right, there was that memory In German they do which.
Speaker 1: As someone who likes to put on a German accent every once in a while for comic effect, I found quite funny. Well, he thinks it's comedy effect. My girlfriend says it's cool. Yes, mister Davis, you have a girlfriend. Louis, the lovely Luis loves my German accent. Your next question, Oh, I have a new question. Okay, I don't actually have a new question, but I will find one for you right now. All right, then I'll do one more and then we can move on, or you do you do my WI find on my next one? Oh? Okay, what is the name of the mortgage and Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 4: I'll find one more question for you. So how much does Burns offer for the house and what does you want to.
Speaker 1: Use it for? I know that he offers a hundred thousand, right, yes, to store what?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cufflings? Oh that's right, yeah, yes, yes, cuflings. Indeed, do you have many cuplinks? Do you have any couplings?
Speaker 4: I've got piggy cuflings that at least it has been the wedding that's novelty ones that's used to be the gift that you know you would get your wedding day. Yeah, yeah, I've got a few sets. Do you ever wear them on the occasions that I wear shirts with cuffs, which is not that often? All right, let's get into some stonecutters, shall we?
Speaker 1: Or you bet they do.
Speaker 4: Indeed, of course you love the KDG with her one hundreds support. She does support us here at fourthing a discount, and thank you so much for your support.
Speaker 1: Keng Katie. I'm just picturing you with like a chair and a whip keeping the wolf from the door. Indeed, this is how I picture you, and we might actually commission like some comical artist to actually draw you this way. In a very heroic fashion. Without KTG, we would be Homer in this episode, or we might just get Ai to do it because we need one hundred dollars for ourselves.
Speaker 4: But Justin Parker, Shanny Macker, Elliott, j O'Neill is a Bella Murphy, Rah Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Shawn d v, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned flood Ballo Winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath. That will be Adrian McLeod, March, Eleven Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, to Lee and Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shepherd, Joe Ridden, Sect, Dave prezls McNally, Dami Miller, Charlie Joe and Gavin Lang. Thank you so much for being Stonecutter supporters here at four finger Discount.
Speaker 1: Holy moly, if I could use a comic book analogy, who do you think is the leader of the Avenger? Would you say it's Tony Stark or Captain America.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, my little knowledge of superheroes, I'm going to say it is a black widow.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's view Katie g as like the head hero of the Avenge, but a whole bunch of superheroes names you just read that We admire, adore, and appreciate every single one of them. Thanks so much, guys, We really, as we always say, you keep the lights on your number one in our cool book goes. Indeed, Yes.
Speaker 4: So this episode originally aired March eighth, two thousand and nine. The top three films at the US box office at this time March two thousand and nine. Mister Davis, what do you think? First clue for number one is a comic book adaptation?
Speaker 1: Okay? Then, oh this is interesting because I wonder if it's Marvel because we've entered the MCU phase because we've got an MCU film. It's not. Okay, then it's more of a graphic novel adaptation. Okay, is it sin City? It's Watchmen's Watchmen. Oh okay, then Watchmen was number one at the US box office. Sweeny, this episode originally air. Not a bad movie. So the second one is Maday Goes to Jail madea madea Goes. I've never heard of this film. Are you aware of someone named Tyler Perry? Yeah, he's got this character Maday where he basically dresses in Dragon made Madeia is basically funky Grandmother be tripping was exactly or by the way, I did the wide version, fancy Grandmother be tripping or Martin Lawrence in Big Mama's House. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, Madeia is yeah a character and a lot of a lot of his films, and yeah, these films do very every well. And the third film has a particular set of skills. Oh but which take it a week up to? Is this? Is it still first taken? But the first taken? Yeah? Oh okay, then cool? Yeah, Taken number one was third box offic Sweendon this episode originally aired. I asked I say this because I remember seeing Taken two and there is a scene in it where Liam Neeson literally counts his money kind of like not see what kind of movie we're doing here? Yeah, and taking three? You just watched this going how many are we doing to see Liam isn't getting over fits? The answer is twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will take twenty I would take a million taking films. But he basically basically made plenty of taking films. She didn't call them taken very much, so he keeps coming down to Australia to make him. He was here recently in.
Speaker 1: It's like that's yea three hundred kilometers from our house. But he was filming like an action movie up around Melbourne, around this area. There's a film that he I think it's called a black Light maybe or something. I'll watching the movie and I'm like, that's the fucking that's the casino, that's the This isn't America. They haven't changed the street sides or anything. Oh yeah, he's made like three or four And in Victoria I did walked to the foota to see him. Leam Neesan. It's like, you know dark Man, yeah.
Speaker 4: Good Man, all right, so yeah as episode was written by Jeff Westbrook, directed by Mark Kirkland guess ub Maurice LaMarsh As it says here on Wikipedia as additional voices, who do you think, maurus La marsh I reckon because the auctioneer sounded like Hank.
Speaker 1: I think some of the neighbors perhaps, like maybe some of the neighbors you've got. You've got a collection of voices at the end of the various neighbors saying oh this neighborhood sucks, move away, blah blah blah, he could have been the in the Homeless Shelter, one of those people. Oh yeah, that's right. Who knows? He could have been doing a German accent during the Mardi Grapt.
Speaker 4: Maurus Lamash is definitely one of the go to guys when it comes to we just needed someone to do some voice, let's get maurus La Marsh also one of the goat guys. You might say, yeah, indeed, yeah, marus La Marsh, absolute legend.
Speaker 1: You don't know. He's the voice of Brain from Pinky and the Brain. I now I know that.
Speaker 4: If you're a crash baniky fan is a voice of Enbryo. Elliot's big fan of Fresh Bandic at the moment, Do you.
Speaker 1: Want to name some more things that he's done? Not really? Hey, can I can I add in some of my two cents two cents? It's mar two heads. We've had a couple of cent in.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be starting on next week's show, next or the next review we do my two cents. We might even doing the community podcast next week, the return of My two cents. So if you've got a story where you've gone out of your way done something very outlandish to save money, send it through either mail bag at forfing a discount dot com a you or send us a voicemail via the Corey hotline on our website. Just go to the forthing a diiscant dot com go to the Corey hotline there, or you can just send us a message on the Patreon group of you're a patron as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, are you like Guy Davis and have traveled? Uh? You know, maybe eight extra blocks to get two cents off your price of your petrol? That's me spend more money to get there the Mott Saint mathon as they say. But the title of this is no Loan Again Naturally. Do you know what this is derived from? Tell me well, there's a song from the seventies called Alone Again Naturally by an Irish singer song on a named Gilbert O'Sullivan. I get the feeling you made that name up. Sounds like it sounds like a legit name, Gilbert O'Sullivan. I'd buy that, Okay, then particularly's Irish. But this is kind of the second time that The Simpsons has used that song title and yeah repurposed because they had also so alone Again natural didly? Yeah?
Speaker 4: When Moud kicked the bucket that's correct. Yeah, yeah, that was a good episode, this one. We actually really liked that episode, didn't we.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that was also about Flanders again. Yeah with this episode here, like it's just I don't know, let's talk about let's get.
Speaker 1: Into it, shall we.
Speaker 4: So that the chopboard gag was that it says I will not have fun with educational toys. And the couch gag another extended one. Yes, yeah, just trying to pad some time out and the Simpsons bury their couch because it's absolutely had it, and they go to a ranch to get a new couch, which is essentially a cow and a backtime off of its back, causing him to be seen in a full body cast when they're inside the house.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that is the couch gag. Couch gag may not be actual gag.
Speaker 4: The episode kicks off with Homer setting up for the Mardi Gras party, singing.
Speaker 5: Oh, Marty bra Oh, Marty braty a lot of boobies.
Speaker 4: But he asked, but where his Ziety Cood records are? Which is as you mentioned it earlier, So I've got Here's a genre of music and dance that originated in Southwestern Louisiana combining. I can't pronounce his Creole Creole Creole Casun blues and rhythm and blues influences. So it's yes, it's very music. You play at Mardi Gras very much So Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I can't confess to being a expert on zartiko. I will say that you maybe should track down Professor long Hair. He's one of the premier artists of Zartiico just a cool Ghendre name xatical exarticol sounds like a medical drug. Oh yeah, I've never been to New Orleans. I wouldn't mind going, although here it's like commercialized to Helen back, but I just like the way they taught that in New Orleans with that kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, I think that's I just want to hear that, like for real, I think that'd be fantasm.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking Zytiko would also be. I'm visioning like it's nineteen ninety seven. It's a new Sicklem's just been launched as some production company. Zeti cool. What's your go to one? I know if us is it before in the past? What's your go to production company? When do you think of the end of an episode.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's either Stephen J. Cannell ripping the piece of paper out of his typewriter, Okay, or yeah, good dog, yeah yeah from Yeah Gary David Goldberg created Family Ties. He did, indeed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But so he's asked Bart for the records, but says there are twelve boxes of them. He's already got four in his hands. Must be six days, he said. They all sound the same. Behama points out that the Simpsons Mardi Gras party has been in tradition since two days before he was born. Scott, this is just a classic case of needing to forget the past, since homosphobia probably couldn't exist if he's throwing Mardi gra up. I do not know gain lesbian Mardi Gras, but Homer wouldn't be into any of this flamboyant kind of shit. The version of Hamit from that episode wouldn't exist.
Speaker 1: I think. I think it's very important at this stage Yere to distinguish between the New Orleans Marty Gras and the games the Galles Win Marti Gras, which I think just really sort of borrowed the name. I wouldn't say that Marti Gras is necessarily synonymous it's just flamboyt lgbtqiyah plus forgive me Sydney. Sidney took that concept and made it about that. Yeah, but if you go to a New Orleans Marti Gar, it's basically about drinking beads and women lifting up their shirts and exposing their breasts in exchange for beads.
Speaker 4: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows.
Speaker 1: Each and every week.
Speaker 4: Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking sci Fild and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Ladies are now building the float themed as asked for, Superjet Dinosaur Fun Monkeys per Hormise request, and Marge is concerned that the party is getting out of hand because each year it's getting bigger and bigger and spending more and more money. Carl just randomly rives and says that, but he wants to invite his distant relatives, the ones that he only sees when they come to this party. He says, they act like they don't like America, but really there's the hate Americans. Marge is annoyed by this, and she tells Homer, you need to or he tells her you need to lighten up, because even Grandpa doesn't enjoying himself. And it gets random cut to him being carried in a coffin whilst the band plays the second line, so he wakes up and just joins him playing.
Speaker 1: That's that's a very New Orleans tradition of jazz musicians will sort of bid farewell to one of their own by doing what's called a second line, which is essentially you're playing music as you walk along in a funeral procession. Yeah, I guess it kind of fits here. It fits but the same very randomly it fits. But it's also piller. So mag Quimby officially opens the party. So what is what is his? Has fun? Right? I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which it must have been. I thought it was fun, except his wife then called.
Speaker 4: So we asked everybody to pretend this is a trade seminar in Zurich, and they all murmur and German and whatnot. He says, it's four am. He can't really talk right now. There's revealed that she's next to him, and I've just got them.
Speaker 1: What does she call him? Yeah? Why was she called these photos? You're standing next to him. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Marge reminds Home. Oh, she asked him, have you invited Flanners? If you haven't, can you please do so. Flanners is busy gardening on the other side of his fence in his backyard. These things are being thrown over the fence, and this is where he says, as the worm said to the platelists. We get in and he gets hit in the head, so it's actually finished that sentence. Homer says, I will invite him and he has to wear the outfit that Homer chooses, which is wonder Woman.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: Homer then leans through the fence. Will pokes his head through the fence and invites him. Begrudgingly. He says, if you don't want to come, but you don't look like you want to, but you can come if you want to. He agrees, and then we get Nelson's mum and Moe making out through the fence manly because she thinks he's a talking dog. Again, just randomness.
Speaker 1: I don't get. I understand filler, But if the filler isn't funny, then why bother then it's just filler you couldn't think of. It's not killer.
Speaker 4: You couldn't think of like one extra like Zinger between Homer and Flanners have pad at that time.
Speaker 1: What is the point of this? Honestly, it's funny enough seeing Mo and Nelson's mum make out with their heads through a fence. You don't need the gag, Or no, you don't, that's it's just a nice little bit of sort of visual.
Speaker 4: Graffiti on the side or visual flourish, or you can at least have Mo lie about somebody being somebody else, or this just wasn't funny, Yeah, because hey, you're a talking dog, aren't You'm like, wait, so you want to be kissing a talking dog anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Folding the New Orleans up, I mean someone who's famous from New Orleans, like, oh, you're so and so from you know whatever, Because then we cut to mow letting the party dressed up, and I'm like, what was that dressed up before. I'm confused.
Speaker 4: I'm confused once it's midnight, though, Flanner says it's ash Wednesday, to put down your gins and confess your sins. They are boom and they're not a fan of that at all, and everyone's hung over the next morning.
Speaker 2: I always wonder, how can you afford this party year after year.
Speaker 5: Because I have this magical scene called a home equity loan. I borrow all the money I want and the house gets stuck with the bill.
Speaker 1: Sucker, I'm not sure that's how it works.
Speaker 5: Fine, mister skeptical, give me back your beads beats, please.
Speaker 4: And this is where Marge's He goes inside and you see the stress on March's face. She's panicking because she's reading bills from Country Fine climbing at their mortgage rate is about to be reset, and Ham says, don't you worry. It's like that time we stopped paying the phone bill. They stopped calling us, as to everybody else. And she says, we had to go to the mortgage broker. And then they go to see Gil who is now the broker, and their new monthly payments not only have a com up, but he forgot to put the esher zero as well as you're saying, this isn't the future.
Speaker 1: Its allows his thinking.
Speaker 4: Now it's a good joke, but he says his country, or Gill says, this country takes care of its middle class and cuts to them. Fore clothes in the house, correct the side at the front, and don't worry that.
Speaker 1: See you go fight.
Speaker 4: You only got like fifty million dollars. Yeah, just clearly the writers are China. Poke fun at the fact that we're not getting paid enough, they're not looking after the little guy.
Speaker 1: Well. Sorry, this was two thousand and nine, right, so we're crisis was about to happen, right, I think we're in the week at this stage. It was about two thousand and eight when it really started. Twenty ten. Ak, yeah, that's when I think it started. And I think, yeah, around this time, I was wanted starting to field the reap.
Speaker 4: What a time to be alive. That was for us that were in the States buying all those cheap DVDs and I boughted that before. Horrible for people in the States, but oh yeah, for the collectors.
Speaker 1: What a time to be.
Speaker 4: Now we've got tariffs, no, no, we've got tearffs basically, yeah, it's going to be a bad time for them because they've foreclosed the house and is where girl suggests they start making soup with rocks and and grass, much as with what he says, use the sun and hobo fires. Then various people are checking out the house, including crazy cat Lady using the cat's tongue to measure the length windows and whatnot. The hibbitts or Hibbitt is there with He's like he's nurse. I know, he knows he's made or something.
Speaker 1: He's old. Pair. What's an pair? It's like a nanny. Nanny okay, because Bernice wants her out of the house. Many such cases.
Speaker 4: Yes, Homer has taken all the copper wire at the walls, but apparently he hasn't disconnected it even though he's just walked into the room with it after around his body.
Speaker 1: How is it connected to the house. But he is still neglected to one plug it and yes, he gets an electric shock. Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a result, Marge is really sad, and this is probably the more emotional moment of the episode. Not what comes after this bit, but Marge saying I shouldn't get attached to a building, but it's impossible not to, isn't it. Oh God, where at least took her first steps. This is Bart's height Homer's weight, which I thought was a funny visual. His stummay getting further and further out. But moving house is a bit. You create memories and moments here, and I can understand why Marge in particular wouldn't want to leave.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I had an insolent not that long ago where I was sort of you know, this is my house by myself and camp basing, and I went camp base the canty. Actually it was part of the Big the Big Bitch, because he's like curl on the couch, all very comfortable and everything like that. Sort of walking from the kitchen to the living room. He had a little snack or something like that, and I was looking at the stuff I had on the walls and just the vibe that I had. It's like this home, it's my house. Yeah. I just felt good as yeah, it's mine. Yeah, and it reflects who I am and all that comes up. Sorry I'm not describing me very well, but just it was just a really good feeling. Yeah, it's I feel kind of emotional. That's like I.
Speaker 4: Saw a video the other day because when my Nan passed away, my NaN's house was like the family rockers, Like we all go to NaN's house for the family gatherings and whatnot. And when she passed away, they knocked her house down. Within a week we went there, it was just it was gone. I went all the memories of my childoore, just like demolished to build a unit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I just went, ah, so you just built two or three units on a block. But we found this old tape and I was converting old family tapes and there's this tape at NaN's house and I was like, It's NaN's house, and all these feelings, all these memories just come floating back. I was like, it's the bathroom, it's it's the spare room. I haven't seen me since they knocked the house. Because we didn't think at the time to be taking videos of this stuff. It was just it was NaN's house and within a week it was just gone.
Speaker 1: I went, we haven't.
Speaker 4: It only exists in my mind now, but to see this video, it brought me to tears, going it's Nane in her house. It's the place, you know, it's it's we do create these connections to these buildings.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So seeing Nan come out of a front door and the camera went inside the front door, I was like, oh, I'm so glad, I'm so glad I can watch this. Yeah, it sounds it sounds silly, I know, but yeah, there's bricks.
Speaker 1: And mortar and plassroom all that comes souf but you know, you.
Speaker 4: Know your personal always smell her house. When I was watching it, eh, it was nice. But so she doesn't want to leave, and then we have Lisa saying, oh, Mum's really really sad. She thought she was a strong one, and.
Speaker 1: Bart says she is.
Speaker 4: This next bit, I'm going to say is the darkest scene joke we've had on The Simpsons to date so far. So we're after season twenty now of the show. Never have we had a more depressing moment, I don't think. Because Homer is going to hang himself because he obviously feels bad about what he's done or whatever, or he's just feels bad he don't have to deal with the rip for once. He now is suffering repercussions for his actions, and rather than deal with it and be a man for his family, he's going to hang himself. Not just hang himself, but hanging himself in front of his kids, knowing they're standing there watching. He even says goodbye to them and actually hangs himself, but because he's so fat, apparently, he drags the tree down and smashes the car.
Speaker 1: Who approved that? Yeah, I don't think it's worth the quote unquote payoff of the tree being ridden crashing the car. He hangs himself in front of Barton lisat there, what are we doing? The only comp I can think of is you know that very early episode where I think he's ready to jump off the bridge or something like that. That's episode three. Yeah, yeah, well, very early episode. Yeah, but that was in service of something larger. He left a note and he took himself away in the middle of the nights and no one would see him or find him. He just wanted to be sunk to the one of the river.
Speaker 4: Here was just at the front of the house hanging himself, says goodbye to his kids, and then presses the hangars and you see him hanging himself.
Speaker 1: I just I was flabbergasted when I saw it. I couldn't believe it. Yeah, I don't think I'm necessarily that sort of snow flaky. A person when coming like this is in pretty bad taste.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was quite shocked when I saw that he actually followed through with it as well and tried to actually hang himself. I thought, I'm not sure what you're doing at this riders at the moment, but that was that decision should have been right the way vitoed. Yes, not good at all, but it's time now for the auction. Mister Burns wants to buy it for his cufflings. He's offers one hundred thousand dollars, but Flannders sees the family they're all sad, so he offers one hundred and one thousand, and Burns says, I've already listed this paddle once today paddles that what they're called. Yes, I'm not hercules. I'm not doing it again. So he wins it is another never found it. As the Elchin said to the dirt, why do.
Speaker 1: They always have to have him say these things? In infuriating He says, I appreciate the sentiment.
Speaker 4: So he says he'll back to them and they can pay back whatever they can until they get themselves back on their feet. His first mistake, honestly, never give him some leeway.
Speaker 1: No, no, give him a ninch, They'll take ten miles. Yeah, incredibly selfless gesture. Oh, Flanners was an absolute saint in this episode. Absolute saint. So before they go inside, though, Homer has to rush inside to grab the surprise of left for the new owner, which you immediately think is a turd, as I said, but it turns out to be the card reading please love her home as much as we did, which was a nice moment, but doesn't make sense because how much of a joke Home has been beforehand and after that moment. So the family is now celebrating after an attempting to take a photo, which pays off a little bit later. I don't mind, but Bart has an extra photo, so he pulls a funny face. Lisa puts a smiling foot over the front.
Speaker 4: He puts a funny face photo over the front of it, says that evil always triumphs, or evil triumphs again, sheets him in the face with the photo. Marge then asks Homer to fix the leaky tap, which he does with the cat. He basically doesn't know how to do it properly, so has the cat sit on the tap, preventing it from leaking, but Flanner says, let me sort this out and goes to get his tools, which are already in the Simpson's house. And the hot now comes out of the hot and Marge asks him to do some more things around the house, including d clogging the bathroom sink, which is full of Homer's hair. He puts it on his head and says, I'm back baby. I was just going I think I would like this joke.
Speaker 1: I to laugh at it.
Speaker 4: Marge's now bragging to Patty and somewhere. You know, he's like a genue. You ask him to do something and he just does it. And their house is now up to code.
Speaker 1: So then and he actually sort of comes in with the ta. He's got a bandage, just trick on a lamp, so that was all right. Then she click.
Speaker 4: Then she calls Flanners and Mill of the night saying that they've got a gas leak. And he says, well, I've already had my glass of warm milk, so I'm closed for business today.
Speaker 1: And does hope does flatters work? That's a good question. Does the left orion still exist?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, left oreum? Does it still exist? Well, we never seem there that's the thing. Maybe he won't come over.
Speaker 5: What flanders landlord like, you're not coming to earth. You lag around in your age McMansions, and we never see you unless the rent checks late.
Speaker 1: Man, check is late. Some friend you are the minute you become our landlord. You expect us to pay rent.
Speaker 5: You'd better just pray. I don't fight where you live. Don't forget to try to check it.
Speaker 1: They kind of wrong foot themselves though, the writers or the maker. You don't say, but I mean a gas leak is kind of something. Oh well, maybe maybe he should go over if there's a gas leak or something, because that's life threat. Also, if there's a gas leak and there's fire, there would be an explosion. Correct, So if you're trying to present the Simpsons as you know, taking advantage of the nerd, then it needs to be something a little more trivial. It does indeed. Yeah, maybe he's thinking in his mind, these guys are just trying to get me over the house. Just do more shit.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but more I think about a gas leak with flames coming of it, that's not that's going to explode. Yeah, So he's now at most he's obviously been bitching about Flanders. He says that if he was Marge's landlord, he would treat a riding a taker on holidays and whatnot. And then he says to Homo, you should do an expose aid like they did on him three times. The third one he was nominated for a Peabody. I believe they have known for a peabody.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know what it is.
Speaker 4: Then we get the story on Flanders, and we get Homer doing the usual shadow voice where he's in the dark and forced rocker. You don't know what he's talking about. Lisa interrupts. I didn't mind, Lisa saying do you want a cookie? Yes, well that it would be left in I don't know, but you know it's the Simpsons. So then the squeaky staircase, a horrible portra or something on the wall. But is a poltergeist in the cupboard that he sat on.
Speaker 1: Him and killed him or something. I died when my father sat on me.
Speaker 4: Then he says who is responsible for these outrages? The man whose opinion we didn't bother to get or something that he didn't speak to. And Flanners and bothered by this he's watching it with Rod and Todd, and he changes the channel to how to block channels.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of block channel he has, indeed, But I did like they refer to this segment as the evil Ned, did they? I like that? That's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Homer Simpson and I took pity on you. And what do I get in return? A kicking the cadetl hopper. It's not funny. That's how I swear.
Speaker 5: Fine, you're mad? What are you going to do about it?
Speaker 1: When the month is up, I want you out.
Speaker 5: Fine, I'll get another neighbor to bite and let us live in it.
Speaker 1: We will do it. You're leading is our Christmas Sanders. You wouldn't throw us ou down Christmas? Would you? Now?
Speaker 4: We have Homer over at Flannder's house and middle of the night, pretending to be Jesus standing over Ned's bed.
Speaker 1: That does the old uh? We said? He's from the workshop in the North Pole. He says, who is the son of Zacharyah? Do you happen to have a computer? You buy? I do like that.
Speaker 4: Even twenty years later, Dan's dumbhommer voices, do you do a computer still safe?
Speaker 1: A dook?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: It hasn't changed at all. But we cut to him nailing the eviction signed to the door and yeah, maybe it's thesis that's gross. I like that, but it's the eviction not as we point out home and then points out that there's a way that is a loophole they can they can do to get to stay in the house. He gets the simply unevictable tenant guide and that this needs to be a resident in the house who was aged sixty five or over. So finally the's a practical use for his father. So he's wheeling out Grandpa out of the old Folks Home. He's getting his escaping. It's like he's getting out of prison. I think the old Jewish guy says something like, tell them.
Speaker 1: What you saw here?
Speaker 4: Have you got a really weird joke that didn't happen of the nurses or the people having any guys? Oh, the drawing makeup on them when they sleep. I'm thinking, why is everybody in this town a bad person? Every person is either angry or horrible. No one's nice anymore except for Flanders Man.
Speaker 1: There's been episodes in the past where yeah, it feels like net is the only good person in town and why you know why bad people succeeding when you know everything's against me. I think that's like the lotorium one. Yeah, absolutely, Apparently it's because Homer didn't te anybody in the shop existed as all Homo's fault. Yeah, but I don't know that that episode is like that seemed to have more of a point, or at least at more of a heart. Yeah, one hundred percent. They do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but well, at the end of the episode, Homer acknowledged that he did the wrong thing, Homo.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 4: Homer doesn't acknowledge he does anything wrong anymore, that is the key problem here, and tries to make amends, which, yeah, impt Homer is trying to watch Bad Mitton on the TV whilst the kids are playing actual Bad Mitton in the house because we don't get this discussion. But apparently they decide that they have to day in the house as well. I'm not sure why they thought that. Oh yeah, they have to stay actually inside the inside the house, because I thought the loophole was at the sixty five year had to be living there. Why do they have to stay in the house. It's like there's a scene missing here. Something deleted.
Speaker 1: It's like, why they why are they staying in the house? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then I think it's Marge says, oh, this is only the old person needs to stay here. So they put on a video of Eisenhower playing golf, explaining golf for gad.
Speaker 1: I had to watch again. One of those gigs is just stretched out way too long as well. I mean, yeah, you could have just had Eisenhower, you know, putting from the ruff or whatever, but instaid. Yeah, I had like another thirty seconds of tank footage.
Speaker 4: It's like, we also get it's a weird moment. So Marge's let's do a family outing and Lisa's Lisa's gay, and she goes, well, why I wouldn't want to be like my gay idols? And she just starts listening off people at Billy Jean King, SUSY's on tape of Les Boss and to a lesser extent more but maybe Suspect Peppermint.
Speaker 1: Paddy Paddy.
Speaker 4: So it's like, what's the point of what was you? Why I wouldn't want to be like these people? This person's gay, this person's gay.
Speaker 1: It's like because the punchline of that is yeah, just like and we guess Pep and Patty. But yeah, but the joke, yeah, which is like a very old gag. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the family are returning from getting some ice cream, and I noticed all their belongings are now on the lawn since Grandpa now lives with Flanders because he feeds in people food. Well, co compete with that, Asa says. And I didn't mind this as well. Well, you know what, Marge, don't cry. At least it's not raining. And he's told he's not raining. I was like, okay, you got me. I expected it to start raining, did all right. But the family are now sleeping at the homeless shelter wearing their old shirts, which are the first Hog movie and the second Holg movie. Yeah, so the first one being the Eric Banner one, the second one being the Edward Norton. Yes, which one's better Edward Norton? No, every Banner really, I like it a lot more. Okay, then there we go.
Speaker 1: It was it. There was time for a tangent. There was a great time in the early two thousands when admittedly, you know, sure, we were getting superhero movies like Daredevil, which went great, but we're also getting weird experiments like Hulk, which is you know, and they weren't banned to continue or anything like that. Let's just make a commic book movie with a common book chacter where they used to be Oh yeah, you'd got you know, you got the Sam Raimi Spider Man, You've got X Men too, one of the high water marks of common book movies. Now, the MC is great and all that kind of stuff, but they're all very formula. These are a bit more experimental and fun.
Speaker 4: I think we're I dare I say. I know they're putting all the chips into this new one, but I think we're we're all coming to the sense or to the point of going.
Speaker 1: I think it's done. I think we're a little over it.
Speaker 4: I think I think the era is over. I think you're gonna try one more time and realize, oh yeah, this is fun. But we're kind of over it now because I'm just I couldn't give two shits about the next Superhero movie, you know what. I feel like we're entering now. I feel like we're entering the video game movie era.
Speaker 1: Oh we definitely are. Yeah, Oh yeah, I think you know, with Minecraft doing as well as it has well, Sonic Sonic really paved the way the one, two, three punch pretty much of Sonic and you know it's sequels Super Mario and now Minecraft and is a Legend of Zelda movie coming out. Yeah, that's been in the weeks for a little while, so that's definitely happening. And you had the Last of Us TV show which is just returned. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really hope they do a Crash Bandicoot film. I think you could really do a Crash Banic if. Even though Crashmanic it doesn't really talk, but Sony didn't talk either in the game. He spoke on the TV show, so you can crash boys. Well, this is the ip that quote unquote the kids are into Yeah that Minecraft things insane, mate, that chicken jockey. Oh yeah, you can't explain it, You can't explain it. No, I'm just saying the words. I'm I'm nodding because I know sort of what it means. But it's not it's not for me. It's just a part.
Speaker 4: It's just a part of the film where they say chicken jockey and it's just a excuses throw it around the movies, and it's just it's just become a trend. Knowing he explained why it's become a trend. It's just someone did it once and now everyone's doing it, and as a result, the box office for the film is skyrocking because everyone wants to go to the movies to do this. Oh yeah, absolutely no, it's it's doing very, very good. I don't think the box office is a representation of the quality of the film. But you know what, But as Leonard discussed on the Maltain movie Go with Malton and Davis, it's getting people to the cinema.
Speaker 1: Is it for the right reasons? I don't know. But it's getting kids back to the movies again. Yes.
Speaker 4: Whether that in turn has a long term effect of oh hey, this is fucking fun. We can go to the movies and hang out again and do shit as a group, who knows.
Speaker 1: But it's making the movie going experience still relevant and for a new generation. Now have you noticed now cinemas are now having Chicky Jockey Chicken Jockey screenings where they go all right, if you want to go crazy, come to the Chicken Jockey screening where we are allowing you to run wild. And people are the tickets are selling out for it. Oh yeah, good for them. Good. Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean if it means a couple of teenagers have to clear up some popcorn at the end, and so be it, earn your money, earn your twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: No, it's good.
Speaker 4: Yes, four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidefeld and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. But the family are all out and seeing me at the Homer shelter wearing the whole movie's shirts, as we said, because they're the shirts that they donated the year prior. So now they've given them the shirts that they donated. But it's now kicking Lisa, who says that kicking is the only toy he has. And Lisa says, this is the lowest worth sunk and very true. I think there is the lowest that the show has sunk. That suicide moment really put a bad taste in my mouth. I think there's more than a few moments in this episode's kind of like, this is kind of off the rail.
Speaker 1: It's really depressing.
Speaker 4: It is seeing them, Seeing the kids sleeping in the homeless shelter by no fault of their own was really depressing, and by actions that could have easily been avoided. Just pay your fucking bills. And then you had a guy that bought your house. Just treat him nicely. He's one of your best friends. He lives next door. But you couldn't do that either, So you're there because your parents are selfish people. I thought this is just despicable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels weird sort of saying this. I mean speaking from Australia, where in what everyone is calling a housing crisis and all that kind of stuff. And if you listen to various news sources, anyone will say, ooh, landlords, no one should own a how no one should be renting out houses, do anything like that. I don't know. He seems like a pretty decent landlord. This guy Flanner is just one of the best for them. He bought their house so they wouldn't lose it. I can't believe we're, you know, sympathizing with the one percent here, but there we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a new couple now want to sign the lease. They're essentially Flannders this couple.
Speaker 1: Aren't they. Indeed, do you do you know this couple's name. I can't remember their name. But the dog is called Woofy Goldberg. This couple is called Nat and Nancy Gladness.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, I didn't notice that, but yeah, Woofy Goldberg brings the photo that they took earlier in the episode.
Speaker 1: I've just got yere.
Speaker 4: At least that's the photo has a payoff. Least there's some sort of long term payoff here in this episode. But Planner sees it and says, I can't mention to you now, actually starts crying it or gets all emotionally.
Speaker 1: He misses the family. I'm thinking you've just evicted them.
Speaker 4: You've just they've been treating you that likes it. There's not enough time. Not enough time has passed for me to give a shit and for me to go Oh, I can see why. He's just he's made a decision and going, oh, I feel bad now. I feel it's almost like he's apologizing for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if we're going to be doing our fix it routine, yeah, as you mentioned before, you need to stretch out that time that they're spending in the homeless shelter. All this spending sort of you know, down on their luck. I think Ned needs to see the Simpsons family sort of like, ah, well, we're kicking you out of this shelter for various reasons. You have to go to another shell. And they're sort of like in the Grapes of Wrath or something. They taking all their worldly positions and trudging on the straight looking miserable. They're really in the shit and Ned needs to maybe see that and for his real charitable instincts to sort of kick in. And that's when you get a few memories of like, you know what we've had. We actually have had a lot of good times together, and he's a legitimately good person. He's like, I'll help him any way I can. I mean it feels a little bit more runed. I'm not saying this is a major fix it or anything like that, but I think it would sort of give the episode a little bit more structural, make a little bit more sense that.
Speaker 4: I think we need to include Bart and Lisa more in this. First of all, have one of them say, should we be treating Planners like this? He seems like he's done. It's a solid here.
Speaker 1: That's it's usually Lisa's role to do that. And I think, and also, yeah, maybe have the kids like genuinely sad or suffering as a result Planners see that? Yeah, but also have Homeer and Marge see that, yeah, and realize, oh shit, we fucked up in a lot of ways yea, and our children are suffering a result as a result of that. I just think it would give the would yeah said, make the episode make more sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But Flanners says that he can't rent to these people now. I like the little rud pool of there going. I hope you don't mum when we sue. But they're actually they're actually pissed off, and they say, well, hasn't this been a pitch of a breach? So they're gonna be suing Flanners because they's just signed the least And he says, you can't do it now. Homer says he'll never backslide. He or not you'll never be mean to the Flanners again, but we know he will. They said, the Simpsons are back, and everyone wants to leave and move out of the neighborhood. Now he says, I really hate this neighborhood, and just I can't quite work out what the point of this episode was.
Speaker 1: No, me neither. I mean, I think we said not every episode has to be a very special episode. Not every episode has to have a message. But so does Flanners now owner Simpson's house? Or is it just no, no, no status quo. Yeah, I was wondering about that. Yeah, is he now their landlord? I imagine he would still be right, Oh, of course he would. Of course he fucking won't be.
Speaker 4: Nothing matters anymore, nothing continues in the next episode. It's all just fucking jokes that don't make sense anymore. It's all just stories that exist in one bubble, and you're supposed to just shut up and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But amazing that, you know, there was that episode where oh, the Simpsons I think it was roscal Lee Brown or Morgan Freeman or someone doing the voice over at the ends, and then the Simpsons were rescued by No, I don't know, I don't. I don't think it was a actual It was James L. Jones, Yeah, yeah, bus. Yeah, I'm mixing up my wonderful adults tones of African American actors. Could could have been Harry Sheer though maybe maybe it feels like someone with a little more gravitas, and Harry's got plenty of gravitars, don't get me wrong, but you know, to say, oh, and by the way, I was James L. Jones, Yeah, having a rate to say the oh. And then Homer found an old lottery ticket to bound the back of the couch and you know, worth one hundred thousand dollars, they was able to buy their house back. Something just something like that. Of course you go, oh duh, but it's like you're itch would be scratched.
Speaker 4: Yeahs at least you even never stupid, a least you acknowledge trying to give us some sort of ending. Oh yeah, yeah, because the end of Dustbus doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: But we all laugh at it. Goes ah, it's just stupid. Yeah, they realize they've written themselves into a hole or into a corner. It's like a right, let's do a bit of a due mcnher and things'll be back to normal. What do we learn, Bomber, So, what did you learn from the episode? Mister Davis? Not to watch No Loan again? Naturally.
Speaker 4: Ever, again, that's probably a good advice. Yeah, I learned to go do Mardi grab but it's not tell nikolokenty of beads?
Speaker 1: Did you end up with the Sydney game? Lesbian? Marty Ground is like, wait a minute, but I'm meeting a whole bunch of cool new bros.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, all right, from miss day forward, your name will be It is time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship for season twenty. The current leaderboard stands at this In first position, we have Philip J. Hawkins on fifteen points.
Speaker 1: Got that Jay back.
Speaker 4: In second position, we have his name He's yeared on fourteen points, one point behind, and Hughesy Brian hughes On nine points in third position.
Speaker 1: Take it away, and by the way, shout out to Hughesy. He mentioned something in our group I believe on Facebook about celebrating I think was the forty second anniversary of the greatest newspaper headline of all time, headless body in topless bar. Share that to you Hughesy. I think that's a joke that you tell every year, but it gets better like wine every year. Well done mate. By the way, I'm looking at the camera, which is not on. In things that repeat themselves, I just did it again. What the hell it's wrong with me? Okay? One point in the Guy Dad's New Name challenge for no loan again. Naturally, one point goes to flanned Lord, what bad? That is another point for our man, Chris Clark Rick Clark, Chris Clark Ken is that his name? It is? Indeed it is now Chris Clark robber. So a candy bar called the Clark Bar. Get the thing a what? But what Clark bar? A candy bark, katie bars? What's a katy bar? A candy bar? Clark bar? Maybe let's have a look shove with this thing called Google. It seems to tell us the answer to all these questions. Clark Bar, candy. It is a Clark bar, It exists. The Clark Bar is a candy bar consisting of a crispy peanut butter, spun taffy core and coated in milk chocolate. It was introduced in nineteen seventeen. That's David Clark. That sounds really nice at the same time, and I say this with all due respect to our friend Chris Clark, who you know, just earned himself a point. Feels like a very anonymous name for a candy bar. You know what I mean. Well, my name is David Clark. I've created this bar. It's got a clackbar. Given that in the voice of a Simpsons character, this guy's wearing my name is David Clark, and I haven't met it. A new candy bar called the clock Bar. You will find a tasty and.
Speaker 4: Delicious says here. The Iconic Clark Bar has been a Pittsburgh edition since nineteen seventeen. One bite will answer life's three big questions.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what they are?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? What a last three big questions? I need to where is this is a rabbit hole? With this bit, we'll get to the other point. We'll get to the next you know, new names in a minute. But this is fun. Here we go. It just says, oh, is one a live's big questions? What a Live's three big questions?
Speaker 4: The Iconic Clark Bar has been a Pittsburgh edition, So last three big questions? Yes, we still make clap bars. Yes they are amazing, Yes they sell it often.
Speaker 1: There you go, Okay, I got the villain. There are a bigger questions. Where is my next meal? Kem from clapbars exist? Yeah all righty, Well on Chris Clark, that was that was a good new name. Yeah, puts him on three points. Now makes you wonder if that was that good? What are the two and three point It was like, let's find out. Two points goes to Laos Party, Louis Party. Not bad, that is husy.
Speaker 4: He's got two points, which now moves him up to eleven points, still a third position, not quite as much as Jared or Philip.
Speaker 1: So eleven points now for Brian Hughes what he's hot on their heels? Well done, hughsy h And three points goes to Didley Squat. Oh I like that a lot. That is it's a new bie. Chris Lee the first points for the season. Chris Lee. Three pointer, well, straight out of the gate lod one. Well done Chris Lee. Yeah, you're announcing in presence with authority with a three pointer. Yeah. So the leaderboard hasn't changed. Philip J.
Speaker 4: Horgan's still in first. On fifteen Jared Hornby and Nemy Jared on fourteen and second, and Brian Hughesy Hughes in third on eleven points, Clever Kale lagging behind him fourth on eight points.
Speaker 1: Well done to all of you. Well done to everyone contributing new names, a lot of good ones. Yes, tim Arine, Yeah, we are constantly inspired and tickled by the imagination that our contestants show.
Speaker 4: Now next week on four Finger Discount, we're going to be launching our first full fledged proper community podcast where we're going to be answering all the questions that have been sent through for them all as many as we can over the time are sent through this month in regards to the episodes were reviewed, we're going to be talking about Simpsons news that's announced. We'll be touched on earlier about the Simpsons being renewed for fourth some more seasons. There's been some other news that's been announced. The Jimbo Jones voice has been recast, and some other stuff as well, which we will dove into some more Simpsons news. Plus we will be taking your voice cause as well, so send three your messages. Go to fourfinger discount dot com dot au. Go to the menu, click on Corey hotline. You can leave a voice message there. We'll play those on the show, will answer any questions or play those messages, and we're going to just be a whole community vibe. Go through the Patreon group, go through discord and just go through all the things and see what people are talking about. In the fourth fing of Discount family.
Speaker 1: It was either that or revisit no longer again. Naturally, Yeah, we weren't going to do that. We weren't going to do that. We can do that, so we want we we love this community that we have assembled over time, and yeah, we'd love to hear from it. And yeah, it's not just us talking at you. We're all talking together.
Speaker 4: We won't be really interactive, so try and get involved. Send through your voice message, or send through your questions mail bag at Fourfinger discount dot com dot a or we'll be posting in the Patreon group asking for questions as well. So all the questions I've been gathering over the last month, and we're gonna be giving out monthly shout outs on there as well. So if you join the fourth Finger Discount Family this month, you'll be getting your name shouted out on the podcast on there, So next week really exciting the first proper official community forming a discount podcast. I'm looking forward to it, me too. Yes, and the next season twenty episode of Fourthging. A discount of the sims that we're gonna be reviewing is called Gone Maggie Gone. Okay, well make out for that one in your feeds. Maggie's a baby Gone Byby Gone are. We're doing another classic review as well next month, potentially with the guest star. If you can't support us on Patreon, noticet early and advery access to all of our shows one hundred hours of bonus content for a little as five dollars. For those hours of content, you can support us by Patreon dot com slash fourthing. A discount link is a description of this podcast. If you can, also, please continue to rate and review us on where you listen to the show. So whether it be Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Chuck us five stars, leave us a few kind words. We do appreciate that we do read all of you. We will be reading reviews of next week's our community podcast. I send through some reviews this week and you get your name right out on the show. But for now, mister Davis This has been our review of No Loan Again. Naturally, next episode is going to be gone, Maggie, Gone, and you find the words first incredible listeners out.
Speaker 1: There, Incredible listeners out there. We hope we have made your now a little less lousy and thinking sh