Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get the four o'clock hours started by extending a big congratulations to the one, the only mister Tony Vinetti as he has been. I mean, he's been given a pretty big honor here. He is going to be one of the members of the Trinity Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty four. So shout out to Tony Vinetti class of eighty seven. It's random to see him. Did he go to Trinity, Tony? I feel like if he did, maybe they're just doing it honoring him as a louivillion because I feel like if Tony went to Trinity, he would talk more about Trinity, you know what I mean? Yeah, I feel like, you know, I feel like Venetti. You know, surely he didn't go to Trinity, because he would he probably would talk about the Rocks a little more if that was the case. But in all seriousness, congrats to uh to Tony. He is a proud Trinity Shamrock. There's one thing you know, actually, there's a lot of things you know about Tony. I don't know if there's anybody that knows one thing about Tony, there's a lot of things you know about Tony Vannetti. But yeah, congratulations. I know he's got to be super excited to be a part of this Trinity Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: You think he'll give a speech, I mean maybe over the year.
Speaker 2: I mean, good luck trying to stop him exactly. I mean, I mean he's going he gives a speech to strangers that he passes in public about Trinity. Now he's being inducted into their Hall of Fame. You know, somebody's gonna have to put a muzzle on him because he's going to be up there just spewing, you know, the the love he has for the Trinity, for the Trinity family. So shout out to Tony Venetti. All right again, Coffee and Company, hour number two here on a Tuesday afternoon, Thanks for hanging out with us. We also want to give a big thanks to our friends over there Thornton's. We are proudly fueled by Thornton's here on Coffee and Company. Make sure you sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Rewards program if you haven't already. So I asked the question earlier when it comes to the uniforms that I don't know where these came from, and I assume they're real. I don't know. Somebody's asking me if it's like a photoshop. Maybe it is. I don't know. You never know of artificial intelligence now, But there's a red Louisville uniform that looks like a standard Louisville football jersey outside of one thing. It's red, the font looks the same, it's got the Adida's logo, it's got the acc football logo. It appears to be on a rack, which I assume is in like a store where you can purchase it. In fact, the jersey has that little white thing on it that they got to take off at the register because if you walk out of the store, it's gonna the alarm's gonna go off. So I mean, I assume this is a real jersey that you can go by. But the one thing that makes it just look so hideous is that what should be white is bright yellow. And it looks like Louisville will be out there on the field in maybe one game, I don't know, maybe a few games. I'm not sure. If they wear these, they'll look like they're trying to appear to be Ronald McDonald, and I don't think that's great. Look, it's not a big deal. They wear them all year. I'm still gonna, you know, pull form and hope, hope that they win. It's not gonna, you know, do anything to bring down my enthusiasm and my excitement for Louisville football. But man, these are hideous and I have no problem saying it. But some of the feedback on the text line has been that some of you guys don't think they look that bad. I mean, somebody has said that they were they're a Seneca graduate and they remind they remind them of Seneca. Well, okay, Seneca's not Louisville. Man, Like, it's fine, but like, have you ever once looked at the Seneca They the RedHawks, a guess of the red Hawks, but the Seneca High School red Hawks here in town. You everyone sh looked at them on the field and think thought, oh wow, they look like they're wearing U of L uniforms Louisville Cardinals. I mean, they're not the same thing. So I mean, trust me, it's not as if I'm gonna lose sleep over it. But they're awful, and I'm just curious as to what you know people can buy them in stores. It would make me think that you can, that you can. You know that you're going to see Lois Wille wear them at some at some point. It'll probably be like one of their special games, because usually there's a game every year where Adidas will give them some new different uniforms to wear, to bring attention to of course, you know the brand that is Adidas, the company that gives the University of Louisville athletic department a lot of money to annually you know, wear their gear, all right, So I don't want to nerd out too much on the on the nil bylaws because that stuff's boring and it really is, you know, reading reading the actual n C double A documents for this just there's a lot of legal jargon that's over my head. But here's what we do now know the n C double A. They have released their annual Division one Athletics Manual and it now actually has NIL by laws which went into effect on August the first. So the interim INNIL policy that went into place. Once a federal judge stepped in and was like, yeah, you can't enforce that, Like, you can't do that. That's illegal. So that interim policy which was you know, really non existent. It was a complete free for all, and it's still going to be exactly that. So a federal judge has already determined that the NCUBA can't punish athletes for negotiating NIL deals during the recruiting process. Yet these new NCUBA bylaws say NIL activities may not induce an athlete to enroll or remain enrolled at an institution. Good luck with that enforcement. Again, you're claiming that these NCAA institutions cannot I mean, maybe there's maybe this is saying that, you know, you can't punish the athletes, but the school can get punished. I doubt that's the case. But again we've got the NCAA giving us their updated INIL bylaws claiming that INIL like that schools can't do this, right, schools are not going to be allowed to use INIL to induce players when we all know that's exactly what this is. Like, it's just so stupid. So they're claiming they're going to enforce something that a federal judge is already determined that they cannot enforce. So maybe it says they can't punish the athletes, but they'll punish the school. Like, I don't know, I'm not even and honestly, I'm not sure the NAA knows either, because they're they're just flying by the seat of their pants, trying to figure something out, and at each turn they get humbled and notified you're not legally allowed to do that. You cannot tell them they cannot take this money for this, or that you don't have the right to do that. That is what federal judges have told the NCAA. Really since this whole ball got rolling, and it really is all the nsaa's fault for forever, for forever, is that a thing? For forever? They have been so against any level of players having rights to go earn money for being who they are, right like, they were so locked into this archaic model that they called the amateurism model. They never budged, they never did anything to make any adjustments to make, you know, to make it to where it didn't turn into this. And what it's turned into is that they had decades to get ahead of this, they chose not to. And now the cat's out of the bag and they're basically being handcuffed from enforcing any type of regulation. So I mean, if you are somebody that works for compliance within a high level university that you know, wants to compete at the highest level in athletics, Like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What do you? I mean? You you see that the nc DOUAA has given you this annual document that basically tells you, you know, I guess the rules, and it now includes updated n Cuba NIL bylaws. And yet you know that what they are telling you in these bylaws that you can't do. You know that legally, a federal judge has said the ncuable A cannot prohibit you from doing They can't stop you from doing that. So like do you just say the hell with this? I know that they can't. They can't actually punish us, and if they do, we'll go to court and they'll lose again because that's what the NAA does. So what purpose does the NUAA serve for the highest level of college athletics now where the where the big money's always been flowing and there's going to be even more money flowing? Like what like again, what service? Like what what do they I mean? I don't I don't. I don't get it. I don't get it. When I say I don't get it, I mean, like, does the NCAA have any plan to like put out what they want to do and then take it to somebody, you know, a federal judge and say, here's what we plan on trying to enforce. Do we have the green light? Are we allowed to do this? And you know, if they don't, they got to go back and start over. But it seems as if they keep trying to enforce rules within NIL and every time they waste their time because they end up being told, yeah, you can't do that, You're not allowed. Like is this fixable? I mean, we already know that players have been using NIL money to decide where they want to go to school, meaning like it's it's been a factor, and that's I don't mean that's never changing. So I don't know. I just this. I think I look at this a little bit different than most because when I see them not even being able to enforce what they want to enforce in schools, clearly right now are just doing whatever they want and hoping that they don't get caught, and if they do, they probably feel pretty good about hiring a lawyer and saying, look, you're not allowed to tell us, and we can't do that or punish us. It's like, at what points NSAA just decide, Look, we're going to get out of the business at the highest level, meaning we serve a purpose to Division two and Division three and non revenue sports. But when it comes to what is I mean, it's been pro sports for a while now, but now it's pro sports on steroids and it's in your face, meaning all the money that is going to be flowing in to these universities because they got bills to pay, they got players to pay now, and you're gonna also need a healthy NIL situation as well, because you know what, NIL is going to be the real cherry on top, right, it's going to be the signing bonus that really maybe puts you over the edge with another school to where they're gonna pick you. I mean, Ohio State. I believe they were the first program to come out in some form or fashion. I doubt it was like a press release from their athletic director, but they were not at all shy about saying, yeah, well, we're going to be allowed to pay twenty two million dollars annually the student athletes, just like every other school. And we're committing to do exactly that, because if you're not doing that, you know, good luck. What are you doing? I mean, if you want to win and you want to compete at a high level, you got to pay players, and you now aren't being forced to, but you're now allowed to and everybody knows that. And if you choose not to, or you just simply can't because you don't have the money, I mean, good luck. But the reason I bring up Ohio State is because they have a lot of money already. In fact, the numbers that came out about what they paid for their team last year what they paid for their team this year, I mean, it's insane. But then again, it's Ohio State. They're one of the very few programs that probably can operate with the belief they have unlimited money, meaning that if they forget low, they'll find new money. Because it's Ohio State. I mean, their athletic director is now coming out and saying this was an article I read over at FootballScoop dot com today, Ross Shork, the new ad at Ohio State, says that they're evaluating all new revenue opportunities that could include naming rights to Ohio State Stadium. Quote, we have to put everything on the table, naming rights of the stadium, the jersey patches of conversation. So I mean there's got to be a breakoff at some point. Right. We've been saying that forever, but we said that long before any of this stuff in the last few years became real. Right. What I mean by that is there was talk about the bigger brand programs out there separating themselves from the rest of the NC DOUBLEA before ANIL, before the portal, And now you have that, and now you've got schools going to be on the hook for paying these guys as well, and you have an NC double A again the op you know, the umbrella that everybody's underneath, right, And they don't even have the ability to enforce anything, and they don't even have the resources to attempt to enforce things, right, So I'm sure they're just going to keep on keeping on and acting like, you know, everything's normal, because that's what the n S DOUAA does. But something's got to give at some point, because if they can't enforce anything, what's their purpose, Like, what are they like what are they, what are they needed for? And what I say when I say that again, I mean at the top. I don't mean for non revenue sports or in you know, Division two, Division three, because they do serve a purpose there. But that's a different world. And that's what has always been one of the dumbest things the nc DOUABLEA ever did. They wanted you to think that it was all the same. But the division the Division two lacrosse player, he's just like the Heisman quarterback that's coming back to college for his junior year. They're all student athletes. No, it's not the same thing. You got no offense to the Division too lacrosse player or whatever. Non revenue sports like, they're not like those. Those pro don't generate any money. They cost money. Whereas you've got a Heisman quarterback who if he comes back to school and he's in the world where there's no nil, you know how much money that school and the n DOUAA is going to be able to make off of him. I mean using his name, image likeness, right, because he's coming back to college and that's a big storyline that's going to get people to tune in. So it would be sad if like the NSABA just no longer, because again, that would change the tournament, but you could still have something. But then you've got to worry about Okay, well, if the big schools break off, like would we have a Cinderella anymore in the dance? Would it only be you know, the power four, power five, I should say in basketball, and that that kind of stuff would make me sad. But I don't know. I've always believed and I don't have like a plan that I've put together to present anybody with any level of you know, say so. But like football, I think can be different. Like I think football at the highest level because it is honest. Let's be real, there's what three hundred and sixty something Division one schools the NUAA with basketball, Well you've got a ton of FCS schools that are D one in basketball, but their FCS in football, it's different. It's the lower level. And you've got what one hundred and thirty FBS teams, and those are I guess technically the Division I schools with your G four and now your G five and the handful of independence, Like maybe you could do it that way because the NAA tournament to me is something I would never want to see messed with. And honestly, the NAA tournament is what incentivizes the NC DOUBLEA to try to stay alive because that's how they make their money. That is, that's really how they can exist and give people jobs and give you know, what's the guy's name who's left there, Mark Emertt, give that guy, you know, millions annually and then you know, throw on a couple mill extra for an annual bonus. That guy was making insane money. But I'm just putting it out there that I won't be shocked if in the next year. So you just don't see the NCAA being because you got to keep in mind in this sum I should have mentioned, you know, before really diving in here in this segment about the whole thing, the NUAA doesn't own anything in college football. The college football National Championship Game is an ESPN owned event. The College Bable Playoff, I should say. Now again, now there's other partners involved since they've expanded it. But like the NC double A does not determine the national championship in college football at the highest level, this tournament does the playoff, and that is not an NC Double A sanctioned event that is, I mean, I guess it kind of is right because you know, it's college football programs playing. But like the NC DOUBLEA does not have a football version of the Big Dance, if that makes sense. So clearly they can still make money from the NUBLEA from you know, college football to an extent, but you know, the big big dollars from the TD rights deals and the college Football Playoff broadcast package. You know, obviously there's going to be different networks that have games. Now, I mean, that's not an NC double A thing. All right, let's get to a quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Get to the text line. Got some Louisville football stuff I want to get into as well. There's one name we haven't talked about a whole lot since he committed and became the highest rated signee in school history. But it sounds like there's some good momentum for this young man at fall camp, so we'll get into that. Also, I mentioned some Olympic stuff I want to take a look at. I'm not going to bore you by doing a metal count, because I mean, I'm sure, I mean, in fact, I know we're dominating. The United States is dominating when it comes to metal count. But there's some interesting stuff that's come out in regards to the coverage over there at the Olympics, and also just you know, my favorite part of the Olympics is the stories you get that really have nothing to do with the actual competition. But that's just me, So stick with us. We're taking you up till six o'clock right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I'm as guilty as any fan of getting more optimistic for no real reason as you get closer and closer to football season starting. It's just what fans do, right. Your excitement gets to such a high level, it just turns into where the power you know, he just turns into the power of positivity taken over to where you know, you get a little extra on the homer. Noess, if that makes sense right? Like, you know, John is already thinking Signette's winning ten games this year in year one because we're getting closer and he's fired up for Signetti.
Speaker 3: That's half true.
Speaker 2: I will say this. I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I have created a path, not even created, but I've convinced myself that if Indiana gets past UCLA in week three, that there's a path to be six and oh before I mean, oh yeah, as early as it ever been. Don't think they'rever have been six and oh.
Speaker 2: And that is exactly what I'm talking about. To where right now we got nothing right, camp's going on, or at least it's starting soon for some Louisve has already started camp. We know the schedule. You just hope nobody gets hurt until we actually get to some games. To where you're looking at, Okay, I was doing the same thing last year right with Louisville. Man, if they're undefeated when Notre Dame comes to town, which they were, you know, this is we're at that point of the year, right, We've exhausted all different ways when it comes to you know, looking at the schedule, the opponents, expectations, all that stuff's been talked about. Now it's just like, you know what, eight wins, No, we're getting nine, No, nine, maybe ten. So I've said it for a while now and I haven't My wind total number hasn't really fluctuated, right. I think eight is the floor, ten is the ceiling. But I'm well where they could maybe be better, and they could certainly be worse, like you just don't know. But the closer we get, the more just excited I am, and the more I feel like my thoughts on this team is even more legit. Now I could be totally wrong, right, maybe this team stakes highly doubt that's the case, but I really feel good about what Jeff Bram has to work with here from a personnel standpoint, And yes, the schedule is tougher, but as I've said many times, I think they have a chance to be a lot better offensively and they're going to be just as good, if not better, defensively. Now the question is quarterback play. Can can Shuck stay healthy? Is he going to gel with his weapons at receiver that are new? I mean, these guys have never played together before, so it's going to be new to them. But that didn't mean it can't work. But one guy that you know, I don't know how much he's going to be a factor on the defensive on the defensive line for Louisville this year, just because you know, technically he's supposed to be a high school Actually technically hes supposed to be a senior right now, or no, I'm sorry, excuse me. He's supposed to be a true freshman. But he's already been here a year in that name that I'm referring to as Tjkper. So this is a guy who last year decided to reclassify and he jumped up and skipped his senior year. This isn't a guy who reclassified back to his original class. He was here last year at Louisville, a part of the team as a kid that should have been a senior in high school. And I'll be honestly, I haven't heard that he was, you know, like there was any issue. But I remember after going through his first season this past year, we got to springball what four or five months ago in March, and Ron English, defensive coordinator for the Cards, did not have good things to say about TJ. Capers. I mean, this is a guy who again highest rated kid to ever sign with louisvill football, higher rated than Michael Bush and Brian Brahm according to the twenty four seven Sports Rankings, higher than James Quick. I mean, this guy picked Louisville over Georgia, Miami, Colorado, and USC but he also had offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A and m Tennessee, Michigan, LSU, and others. So he's a big time get in by the way. He enrolled early. You know why, because when you commit to a school like Louisville over all those other schools, you know what, nil's probably a factor. And the quicker you get here, the quicker you can start making money and taking some of that nil money. So that's what he did. So in March, Ron English said this, and I'm reading directly from one of the recaps from the spring practices. In March, when talking about TJ. Capers, louis defensive coordinator, Ron English says, to say that I am disappointed into him would be an understatement. There's some things that we've asked of him to do and he just hasn't done it yet. So that led to a lot of people thinking, Okay, this kid, maybe he's maybe he's been in some trouble, maybe he's just not putting in work. I mean, there wasn't any I hadn't heard anything as far as anything he had done to get in trouble, as far as like breaking rules, but it just sounds like he wasn't putting in the work that they wanted him to put in. And you know that's unfortunate, but you got to keep in mind, this kid was supposed to be in high school. He was also coming off of an injury where he didn't play a lot of football in the year prior to joining Louisville again in the year he was supposed to be a high school senior. So I think it was Mark Ivy, louis defensive line coach as well as one of one of the one of the veteran players on the team. They were talking after practice. I think it was late last week that Capers is really really starting to come on and he's really starting to show, okay why he was a guy that some people thought was one of, if not the best players in the country at his position. So I don't know how much he's going to play this year, but I wouldn't be shocked if if he you know, I mean, I assume he'll get some reps, and I wouldn't be shocked if you see some flashes of a guy that, oh yeah, because that I feel like that happens from time to time. Maybe not as much around here because honestly, we don't get a whole lot of five star freshmen, but you'll see a kid and he'll make a big play and you'll think, Okay, well, you know what, that's not something you see every series for this guy on offense or defense, whatever position they play, but you'll see a flash of something that will let you know, Okay, that's why this kid could have picked any school in the country to go to, because he's got that kind of upside and talent. So I'm hoping TJ. Caper's is able to get on the field and make an impact because again we're talking about a guy who is the highest rated ranked recruit ever. Now again, maybe there's some rankings out there in recruiting that have it differently, but still, I mean, that's it's a guy that you don't get very often, and you probably had to use a lot of nil resources to get set players, so you know, you wanted to work out and it sounds like initially that was a concern, but now he's he's heading in the right direction. But he's like he's playing in front of guys that are fifth years, some some guys are six year seniors. I mean, and he's he's he's a guy who technically was is supposed to be an incoming freshman right now. But he was here a year ago, and if anything, it sounds like that was a learning experience from him because he wasn't doing what the coaches needed and wanted him to do once spring ball started. But it sounds like since they've been in camp, and I guess really since spring ended, he's been putting in the work that you that you want to see. All right, So real quick, the annual NFL player votes have come in. It's the end of let me let me just double check here, because I I think they do top one hundred, but there's so many players in the NFL, I feel like they would do more than two hundred. But yeah, over the last few days, the NFL's annual list of the t one players in the league, voted on by players of the league, was released, and I mean, I think the most talked about snub is that Patrick Mahomes was not voted as the number one quarterback. He was number two outside of Lamar Jackson. Now, if you're just basing it off of like MVP awards and that kind of stuff, then yeah, I mean, Lamar's coming off of an NFL MVP Season one and for the second time. But I gotta admit, like I'm surprised that Lamar's is one. I'm surprised. I mean, I wouldn't have been shocked if Lamar came in at like number three or four, because these are NFL players telling you who they think the best is. And maybe there's some pettiness involved, maybe there's some jealousy involved. I don't know, But again, I think this is as valuable as anything you see as far as ranking players, because these are guys who are in your line of work, right, these are your peers and your profession. So Lamar came in at one, Patrick Mahomes number two, Josh Allen number three, Jalen Hurts number four, Dak Prescott number five, c J. Stroud number six, Brock Purty number seven, Jordan Love number eight to number nine, and then Burrow number ten. That really shocked me to see Burrow fall that far. So the question I have, and again we want we won't find out the actual answer to this, and I'm sure there's not just one specific answer, But does Mahomes not being number one, does it say more about jealousy? Maybe because I don't get the sense that Mahomes doesn't come in respect from his peers in the NFL. I think he's respected as a competitor. I think he's respected as a great player because he is exactly that. Although last year I kind of feel like we saw him melting down more than we previously did, crying to the refs more than we used to, throwing a hissy fit on the sideline because they weren't going to be able to host in the playoffs for the first time. But you know, if that's if that's a one time thing, then you know, I'd say he gets a pass. Or maybe it's NFL players that believe he's super talented, right, they didn't leave him off the list, they just didn't put it in number one when I feel like most people objectively would tell you that Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback in the NFL. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I feel like most people would say that if they're gonna be honest and fair. So maybe the NFL players they realize his talent and what he can do, but they think maybe he benefits a whole lot from the weapons he has to throw to, like Travis Kelcey, who's been you know, one of the many weapons he's had, and he also benefits from coaching or from being coached by Andy Reid, who's phenomenal or does it speak more than anything to the respect that Lamar Jackson has from his peers in the NFL. This is the second time Lamar has been named the number one quarterback in the NFL by you know, players in the NFL. So these rankings are really kind of stupid because it comes down to Super Bowl wins, and unfortunately, there are quarterbacks that are great, phenomenal but never won a Super Bowl, and that gets brought up when you talk about their career. I mean, right or wrong, fair or not, That's just how it is. So if Lamar Jackson collects four more MVP Awards but he never gets a Super Bowl and Mahomes gets a few more of them, the legacy is going to be quite different for those two guys. And I can't say that that's like unfair because obviously winning the ultimate prize, which is a Super Bowl, should be heavily valued when considering guys that are, you know, at the top of their position. But I just I don't know, like I'm as big of a Lamar Jackson fan as anybody to see him come back last year, after all the controversy and guards to his contract and no agent, he came back healthy and was phenomenal again, won the MVP Award for the second time, and he really didn't have much competition for being honest, and he made it further in the playoffs than he's ever made it. And you know who, he ran into, Mahomes and the Chiefs. And I kind of feel like a lot of teams that run into Mahomes and the Chiefs in the NFL playoffs for the foreseeable future, it's gonna have They're gonna have tough time getting around the Chiefs because that's a dynasty right there. It is. But I just I would have I would have expected Lamar to be a little bit further down. But hey, I mean, good for him. Again. I don't think there's anything that can make you feel more honored in your and I don't want to get like corny, but like if you are someone that works as part of a team and you're not, you know, on a team like the Baltimore Ravens and the National Football League, you're on a team at work doing whatever it is that you do. And you know if you' or peers those that you work with some guys you work with super close, maybe some people you know they're in a different department kind of like a different team within the NFL, and and they voted you as the best at what you do in your line of work. Like that should that that should make you feel amazing because those are people that are doing what you do right. And I don't mean I don't say that to act like people who've never played in the NFL their opinion should never matter it, you know, because I think that's silly.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously, if you've been there and you've been in the trenches, you've been in the game, you've been in the locker room, clearly you have you have insight and experience that someone like myself would never have. But like you know, I I know enough about the sport to watch it to at least have an opinion. Doesn't mean that yours is, you know, right or wrong. It's just it's it's just different. But I think Donovan Mitchell, if you guys remember whenever he won the NBA Rookie of the Year award, he didn't win the actual award because that went to the red shirt rookie that was been Simmons at the time, who wasn't actually a rookie, but he was, and that was kind of controversial. But then Donovan he won the NBA Players Association Award for Rookie of the Year that was voted on by the league, and I remember thinking, like, you know what, man like when when people talk about the Rookie of the Year during the twenty sixteen and seventeen Sorry, I guess it was the twenty seventeen eighteen NBA season, They're gonna look at the actual award that Ben Simmons got. But man, it actually means more. I would think if the players who I play against and I compete against every night, if they gave me that honor. I can't believe Joe Burrow came in at number ten. That really that really fed me because of the haircut. Could be I don't know. I mean, I know that rock Perties is better than some people give him credit for, but I don't know. I don't he ain't better than Joe Burrow. And I know CJ. Stroud was sensational last year for the Texans, and I'm worried about him because I think he could be the future of the AFC South but I don't know, man like to see. I mean, Burrow took the frickin' Bengals to the Super Bowl. Come on now, that alone should should put him in the top five. I feel like, all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. Stick with us, don't move, don't go anywhere, Hang tight, keep it locked. What are some other ones? Keep it where you got it, Keep it where you got it. That's right, it's Tony Venetti tagline there, all right, it's Coffee and Company fuel Beuth Thornon's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, coffee and Company. As we wrap up the four o'clock hour on a Tuesday afternoon. Don't forget, though, we take you up till six o'clock every day, So hangout. Still a lot more to get into. But one of the most talked about things right now in college football, without really any varying opinions, seemingly is the situation with Connor Stallions and the sience stealer that helped Michigan football really turn the corner under Jim Harball. And this is one of those things that I'm assuming is real and I've tried to go back and see if there's anybody that's referenced this, you know, to because I could see this being a made up number that everybody runs with. But I don't think that it is so Jim Harball, before he relied on the help of Connor Stallions at Michigan, his record was forty nine and twenty six. After utilizing Connor Stallions, as you know, a spy, essentially forty and three. I mean, that's insane. It is insane, and it makes me wonder like is it you know, is is it actually real? And when I say that, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of varying opinions on it if you're not a Michigan fan. Like we all know, this was clearly an elaborate plan to cheat and give yourself an advantage that other teams would not have the notice of allegations from the NC DOUBLEA. It's a big, juicy story. It's a defending Now it's the reigning national champs that are now being they're about to be given a notice of allegations from the NC DOUBLEA. Now, I think the N double A, seingly having less power now than ever, has kind of lightened the anticipation here. As far as what's gonna happen with Michigan, I don't think anybody really expects much at all to happen because they've already won it, and if they want to vacate it, who cares? What are you gonna do to Jim Harbaugh. He's in the NFL, he ran away, So you know, I just I'm not somebody that just wants to see Michigan get buried, because I don't really care. I'm not a Michigan fan by any means. You know, they clearly cheated, and you know if they get a punishment, and they get a punishment, but like, it's just wild to see how this whole thing unfolded. And I don't know what we really should expect from this Netflix documentary that's about to come out. It's part of Netflix's Untold Sports documentary series, which all of them have been great. I think this will be great as well. But I guess more than anything, for me, I just want to hear what this guy says. I mean the trailer. I mean, let's see if there I'm sure there's a trailer out here. Can we can reference from Netflix? Because they've started to Uh, I mean they've started to tease it a little bit, and it's coming out. I mean it'll be out this month, I think, or maybe it's September. Yeah, this is let's see here. Well, it looks like uh, it looks like a tweet has been deleted from the official Netflix account. Oh no, this was uh, let's see, this was. Let me see. I'm curious here. Yeah, it says it's been deleted because somebody who runs the site Awful Announcing, which does a lot of sports media coverage, they shared this tweet that again has now been deleted from Netflix. It says the Netflix doc on Connor Stallion shows three people who set for interviews, a reporter Stallions himself, and Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports, who is a Michigan alum and a big time Michigan fan. So I don't know. I mean, you gotta wonder the Big Ten in Michigan. I believe I know. The Big Ten has said that they were not a part of this, meaning they didn't like they didn't they didn't participate in the documentary or even be asked about it. Somebody that was a spokesman for the league said that now Michigan. I don't know if they were asked and they decided not to talk. But like, if Netflix is out here deleting the trailer that you know, I now can't seem to find it kind of makes me wonder, you know, did they get hit up with like a hey, you better be careful before you put that out there, because nobody can corroborate what this Stallions guy's saying. Maybe he's making it all up. I don't know, Like I get I do get the sense that Michigan's probably nervous and worried because Stallions has never talked publicly and this will be the first time any of us hear him. And now I'm trying to see if you know, maybe I've just you know, I've just here we go. This is well now they're showing then I can't play Becau's got a bunch of curse words in it. But they the trailers that they put out, it's not just for the Connor Stallion sign Steeler documentary. It's also for the series on looks like Hope Solo, as well as the one they're doing on Steve McNair. And thank you for subtitles Netflix, because I would have just played this because it does show some people, you know, some snippets of the interviews about the Stallion's thing, but there was clearly some efwords. So anyways, I cannot wait to see what is actually in this, and I'm trying not to get my hopes of because it could still be really well done worth watching, but not be juicy, not be like, oh wow, can you believe he really laid out how they made all this happen. He told us who actually paid him money to go do this? So yeah, August the twentieth is when is when these three new episodes, three new stories dropped from Untold, So we still got a couple of weeks before that happens. But man, I'm curious if we start to get any kind of leak, any kind of info, because you know, everybody who covers college football is going to be staying up at midnight when that drops. It'll probably actually be three eight I remember this whenever the Wrestlers show dropped. If it's a release on Netflix on a day, it'll be Pacific times, so you actually have to stay up till three am Eastern to watch it, which I'm not going to do that for the Connor Stallions, but college football reporters will, they'll watch it, report on it, and go from there because they're going to get information seemingly from Stallions that none nobody has so.
Speaker 3: And it'll be four days before the first college football.
Speaker 2: Game, and I, you know, I can't really check the pulse as far as what people are expecting to come from this. But this is just unusual. Right. We've got a team fresh off a national championship. We all know they cheated to you know, to and we'll never know the exact amount of advantage they had based off what they did, but clearly like what they did was an elaborate plan to give themselves an advantage over other teams. Right, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. But now their coach is gone, the guy who was at the head of it, nobody's heard from. He went Andre McGee and went completely silent, although you know he reappeared to talk to these Netflix people and now we'll see what he has to say. And again, trying not to get my hopes up, but there's part of me that says, you don't put this documentary together if he's not gonna talk about what happened, like you would be a waste of time. And I know last year they did that kind of with the with the Tim Tebow thing, like everybody expected it to be like stories about Hernandez when he was at Florida and all the other guys that were, you know, arrested for crimes, and it really wasn't that. It was really honestly a puff piece about Harball or not Harball but urban Meyer. But again, Tim Tebow and urban Meyer are interesting enough people to where you would still go through and put together a documentary highlighting that great run in Florida. Nobody knows what el Connor Stallions is, so if he's not gonna tell us anything.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: It make no sense. All right, quick break, we'll come back five o'clock hour on the other side. Stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety