Speaker 1: I just I'm all struck at how God is visionary. Fact as I'm thinking the more I think about it, is that this is one of his most important traits, is that he's visionary. And because of that, and we're made in his likeness. I think it's one of our most important traits. One of the most important characteristics about us is that we have the potential for vision. Now, when we think about vision, we usually think about things future. But vision is interrelated to imagination, It's interrelated to meditation, right, and so God has continually been trying to capture our vision, our imagination, our meditations with what he has in mind for us, with the goodness that he's ordained, right with the beauty he's created, with where he wants to take mankind. And likewise, the enemy knows that this is this is actually the strength of your love. The strength of your love is actually your vision, your imagination. The strength of your faith is actually your vision and your imagination, and what you meditate on. It's the strength or it's the weakness. Matthew six twenty two. Jesus said that the eye is the gate, the lamp of the whole body. He didn't say that the eye is the lamp to the soul. That would be true, but he was trying to tell us something. Is that that what we focus on, and I think we have that verse to. We might have that verse. I don't know if they if they kept those things in the thing or not, but there might be some verses I allude to that we don't have because there were several that I didn't put in. So I was responsible for loading some of those things, and I failed greatly. But Matthew six twenty two says that the eye is the lamp of the body. If your eye is healthy, eyes are healthy. Now that's probably the NIV. It's not carrying the full inference of maybe the text, but the idea is that if what you focus on is pure, is good, is noble, If what you focus on is right and righteous, then your whole body we will be full of light. If what you focus on is negative, it's dark, it's unclean, it's perverse, distorted. If it's off just a little bit, right, if your vision is off just a little bit. So we see Satan is trying to capture the heart and the mind of us continually with something that will take us off course.
Speaker 2: Remember with Eve.
Speaker 1: Remember Satan said, doesn't the fruit look good.
Speaker 2: To the eye?
Speaker 1: Wow? He appealed to her vision. It's metaphoric. There's a reason that the scripture describes it the way it does, because he was appealing to what she would see, and if she would see it in a particular way, she could overcome obstruction of God's command because it looked good to the eye. We get drawn away by that look good to the eye, but that art of God. But God has things that are good to the eye. Now we have this crazy, beautiful privilege. The privilege we have is the redemption of our imagination. The redemption of our imagination is.
Speaker 2: Is what I think.
Speaker 1: It's one of the central things God was after in Christ as he delivers us out of darkness, because in Genesis sixty five it says that God repented that he made man because their constant imaginations were darkened. So what happened, and this is I want you to see what happened, is in the fall we were drawn away by Satan, pulling our vision into something that contradicted God's word in God's vision. But then as Adam became aligned with the enemy, then the constant imagination was toward destruction, toward violence, toward jealousy, toward pride, toward arrogance, toward cornality, the things that were of the cornal Man James in chapter three calls it the wisdom from beneath envy, jealousy, bitterness, competition, negativity. The imagination of man was given to this continuously. And this is what God was after in Christ Jesus. God was after your imagination. He wasn't just after getting you to heaven. He was after your imagination. He was after your vision what you ponder on. And vision is so important because when we think about vision, we think about the future. And God wants your imagination partnered with him for the future. Now, there was no way he could do that. He couldn't do that, He couldn't harness your imagination for the blessed future that He ordained for every one of us, and what he was working the earth toward until Christ came. When Christ came, there was a piercing into the stony heart and the removal of that stony heart, and the replacing of that stony heart with a soft heart, soft toward the spirit, so that we could hear him, partner with him and begin to think his thoughts. God has called us to think thoughts that are up here in heavenward. So that's why Colossians three says Colossians two, delivered out of darkness. Colossians three, Now that you have been delivered out of darkness, set your mind on things above where Christ is, where you are already seated Roman's eighty six. The mindset on the carnal realm is resulting in death. And it's not like you died today. It's just like you're killing everything you touch. But the mindset on the things of the spirit is life and peace. Where do we set our minds? There's a great liberation that God was bringing to our mind. Now God's been appealing to God's been appealing to us through.
Speaker 2: From the very beginning.
Speaker 1: There's metaphor after metaphor after metaphor, story after story after story where God appeals to us with regard to the future, trying to show either Abraham or Israel or Joseph. What was Joseph known for? What was he called? Joseph is a picture of Christ? What was he called the dreamer? Joseph is called a dreamer, He's the favored son, He's got the coat of many colors. It's like the robe of righteousness on him. He is literally the symbol of restoration. Joseph goes down to Egypt and he's given the land of Goshen, and it's even described that the land of Goshen was as Eden. So Joseph the Favored Son enters into the land of Eden to bring preservation to all of Jacob, to all of Israel. And what's he known as He's the Dreamer's trying to show us all the way through that he wants to speak to us in the language of dreams and visions, the language of dreams and visions. He wants to capture our heart with the language of dreams and visions that are heavenward, that are out of heaven, that are out of victory, that are out of grace, that are out of hope, that are out of life, that are out of provision, that are out of the fullness of heaven. Jesus said, pray this way, Matthew six nine through eleven, Thy Kingdom come, I will be done on earth as it is in heaven. That can't be just a prayer. You have to see heaven first. If you're praying what you can't see then your prayer is worthless. It's an appeal to heaven. And maybe he'll start to show you you felt what I'm saying, But really you have to pray what you see. What do you see about heaven? What do you see about heaven? Abundant resources, health, redemption. God's sovereign plan is to redeem us, redeem man, restore men, then restore the earth. Do you see that when he says, pray that Heaven comes to earth, he's calling us to see what heaven is, and that Heaven is now accessible for us, not in the sweet by and by, but accessible for us to begin to agree with and begin to walk in and begin to see it grow in the earth, in our lives and in the earth. And I think this is a good definition of sovereignty if we understood the sovereignty of God is that God has a vision, and his vision is to restore Heaven on earth, and he's going to win by the way he's.
Speaker 2: Going to win.
Speaker 1: God's vision is to restore heaven on the earth and to completely banish Satan and principalities and powers and completely put them under the feet of the righteous that delivered the sons of the Second atom. He has that vision, and sovereignty is him working that vision out in history, bringing forth a restored people, bringing forth a restored earth. He's going to work that out in history. And that is the sovereignty of God in action. And the how is Jesus. Every vision needs a how, and Jesus is the how. Jesus is the one thrust into history to bend it toward God's will. Now, God's invited us into God's invited us into this new realm of imagination. And why I say that this could be the most powerful redemptive thing about you vision, Your vision could be the most powerful thing about you in redemption because of all the things God promised to restore first, because your vision has to be restored first. You can't love beyond what you can see loving. You can't accomplish what you cannot see accomplishing. You cannot give what you cannot see yourself giving. You cannot serve beyond what you can see yourself serving. You cannot perform, you cannot build, you cannot do it.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that when the Bible talks about pouring out the spirit, not on the Jews only, No, not on err and only no, not on Levi.
Speaker 2: Only when the.
Speaker 1: Bible talks about pouring out the spirit on the gentiles, on all flesh globally. When the Bible talks about it, Joel, Chapter two, verse twenty eight. When the Bible talks about it, you know what to say us. There's going to be a restoration of dreams and visions. Gentile people, Gentile people whose minds have been darkened, who are aliens from the Promise and the covenants. Gentile people are going to be delivered out of darkness, and their imaginations are going to be resuscitated. Their ability to visioneer with God, their ability to see what God's up to, is going to be resuscitated by the Holy Spirit. And they're going to receive the potential to dream with God. They're going to receive the potential to dream heavenward dreams, to see things they could never see, and to partner with Holy Spirit. So he says that, he says that this is like the This is the hallmark, the hallmark, by the way, the hallmark of the hallmark of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 1: Hallmark of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It's not speaking in tongues. Wow, in Pentecostal churches, we've made the hallmark of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues.
Speaker 2: That isn't the passage.
Speaker 1: And when Peter talks about this passage in Acts chapter two, in Acts chapter two, he says, they're not drunk like you suppose. And by the way, the tongues that they're talking on, the tongues that they're speaking on the day of Pentecost, those tongues were the tongues of the one hundred and any nations that were present in the auditorium, in the audience, in the audience, there was somebody there from every nation under the globe. Somebody was there, and they heard people speaking in languages they had never learned, the glory of God and the glory of Jesus, and the glory of the resurrection and the glory of redemption in their own tongue from people that had never learned their language.
Speaker 2: That's so. Then you got some.
Speaker 1: Demon led naysayers in the crowds saying, now they're just drunk.
Speaker 2: Eh, heh, they're just drunk. And Peter stands out.
Speaker 1: The read who became a rock stands up and says, they're not drunk, you dingbats. It's only nine o'clock in the morning. This is what was spoken by the prophet Joel. As it shall come to and it shall come to pass in the last days, Saith God, I got news for you. By the way, got.
Speaker 2: A mess with you. These are not the last days. You're not living in the last days.
Speaker 1: And if you're living in the last days, you keep waiting for the Holy Spirit to be poured out, you missed it. The Holy Spirit already got poured out. You're not living in the last days. You're living in the new days. This is the growing kingdom of heaven. Oh boy Lord, help us. This is the growing kingdom of art. Thank you for helping me. Growing Kingdom of Heaven, growing Kingdom of Heaven. Right, the last days aren't over here somewhere He was talking about the last days of the Mosaic period. So if you had Joel two twenty eight only, you wouldn't know that. Joel said, in the last days, I'll pour out my spirit upon all flesh, and they will prophesy. You know what prophesi is. Prophesy is the word seer. Prophets were called seers. He says I'm gonna pour out my spirit up lesh, and everybody's gonna be a seer. A seer is the person who operates in visions. Visions are how God announces the future. Satan wants you to focus on the present and on the past. God wants you to focus on the future. Your future is bright and full of heaven. God wants you to focus on all of your problems. I mean, Satan wants you to focus on all your problems and all the things that disqualify you for good things. But God is interrupting that by Jesus. And God is interrupting you with vision, and He's made you a seer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even the women poke.
Speaker 1: God was disrupting everything by the Holy Spirit. Joel didn't know when this was going to come to pass. He just said, in the last days, Well, when are the last days coming? Well, Daniel even thinking on this stuff till the last days. Daniel said, you know, oh my goodness, what am I going to do with all this? And God said, you know, write it up because this is you know, write it up and seal it because it's for.
Speaker 2: The last days. What were the last days?
Speaker 1: Well, the last days were the last days of the Mosaic period. This was the end of a period of being under the law. Jesus started a new period of being under truth and grace. The law of God is now written on our heart. We don't live according to the Decalogue the Ten Commandments. We live according to the spirit dwelling in us, which supersedes the law.
Speaker 2: Our righteousness is.
Speaker 1: Greater than that of the law because we don't just judge ourselves according to our actions. We judge ourselves according to the imagination of our heart. A good wow, So he says, in the last days, I'll pour out my spirit. So did that happen? Now there can be revival burps along the way as God is fully restoring us to the fullness of what of Christ.
Speaker 2: Iph He's in four.
Speaker 1: God is restoring us to the fullness of Christ because Christ is the image of the new Man, and He is the last Atom, and we're being restored into that image. So there's going to be burps of revival along the way. But you have to know, we are waiting for some kind of outpouring of the spirit out here somewhere. The Holy Spirit was poured out, and Peter said, to clear up any confusion, this is what Joel prophesied of that in the last days of Moses, before the Tabernacle was destroyed, and right before the last sacrifice was ever made, God poured out his spirit on all gentiles, on all flesh, and he inserted into their hearts the seer anointing.
Speaker 2: You have the seer anointing.
Speaker 1: You talk about the most astounding privilege on the planet. Believers in Jesus Christ, are you hearing me this morning? You have the privilege, the grace, the power, the anointing to be visioneers of heaven. You have the grace, the power, and the anointing, the enablement to see things that nobody else can see, to create what nobody else can create, to build what nobody else can build, to develop what nobody else can develop, To write what nobody else can write. Satan, even right now, Satan is trying to grab your attention with negativity, with fake book. Come on, come on, come on. The most powerful thing you have is your ability to envision the future and your ability to imagine your partnership and the partnership of the Body of Christ with Heaven, so that Heaven will grow.
Speaker 2: But you have to harness this.
Speaker 1: The Holy Spirit is so kind and gracious, he's not going to come down and grab your brain, grab your mind, grab your thoughts and force you to think happy thoughts. You have the privilege to partner with him. You have the privileged to visioneer with him. Oh my goodness, let's go back to Matthew six twenty two, just for a moment. Let's think about that for a moment. If your vision is dark, here's some notes. I got A heaven sent vision will will fuel I'm almost out of time. I got to cut to the chase. A heaven sent vision will fuel your life and passion. A heaven sent vision is a compass. A heaven sent vision will cross examine every behavior. A heaven sent vision will give life purpose. Heaven's vision is the source of discipline when you're literally partnering with because you have to. You have to understand that you are. You are tethered to this. You are tethered to this grace of an increasing kingdom of heaven. You're tethered to it. But if you ignore it, you can't partner with the grace that's available. But when you partner with the grace that's available with the increasing kingdom, it's like you you don't even need food to have energy.
Speaker 2: Nobody needs to wake you up.
Speaker 1: You don't need an alarm clock to wake you up like you're waiting for the alarm clock.
Speaker 2: Is that thing ever going to go off? I got it, I got a date. It FULFILLM so good.
Speaker 1: Now, what I want you to see is that you your life is tethered to Zion. I want you to see that your life is tethered Desion, and I want you to see that this visionary thing of building the Kingdom of Heaven, because you're a partner in that, is because your life is tethered to Zion, the House of the Lord, and it's out of Zion. It's out of Zion that we are sent as arrows in the culture. It's out of Zion. This is home, and this is the house. This is the house God has built. It's the pre eminent house. It's not that these other houses aren't important. No, we're anointed here to go as apostolic arrows into these mountains. We're anointed and we're sent like flaming arrows into the mountain of family. That's psychology, that's psychiatry, that's medicine, that's everything to do with family. We're anointed like Aros and sent into that. And as we go, we go building this vision. We see that this is the vision God is building. He's poured out his spirit upon us. We are full of grace and power. We go and we partner with him, and he's building the kingdom in family, in arts and entertainment, in the economy, in the government mountain, in the education mountain, in the media mountain, and he's reclaiming these and they become, they become, and they begun to come back. So others they begin to come, and they're fed out of Zion, and all of us are fed out of Zion. And this is the vision he wants us to have. They come and they're fed out of Zion, and then they go back, and we go back and forth. As the mountain of the Lord becomes the chief mountain. The mountain of the Lord becomes the chief mountain. And that's part of why what we do here is so important. It's not important because this is the only mountain. It's important because this is the chief mountain, and it's out of the House of the Lord, the mountain of God's presence, the mountain of God's glory, the mountain of God's instruction, the mountain of God's wisdom, that we are said, like flaming arrows into every sphere of culture, to bring transformation, to bring reformation, to bring the life of God and the power of God and the wisdom of Heaven into those spheres, those mountains of culture. I got two minutes, maybe three if I cheat. I think Dennis went long saw chee this morning. Okay, but Frank, are you handy? Are you close? Where's Frank? Where's Frank? That's your Frank, that's your Frank. Okay, listen to this Isaiah too. It's in Micah four as well. It's Isaiah too. It's Micah four. I want you to hear this. This is what Isaiah saw concerning Jerusalem and Judea. And this is about the last days. And we just talked about the last days, and this began to happen. It's not finished in its accomplishment, but it began to happen. In the last days. The Mountain of the Lord's People, or the mountain of the House of the Lord, will be established as the highest of the mountains. It will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Now, he's delineating and MiCT for Isaiah to He's separating and delineating this out from the Tabernacle of Moses. It's not the Tabernacle of Moses. He's talking about the Mountain of Zion. Galatians, we don't have time. Galatians four twenty six, Hebrews twelve twenty two. Believers in Jesus do not see earthly Jerusalem as our headquarters. Earthly Jerusalem is not the headquarters of believers in Jesus. It is Mount Zion. It is the Zion from above. It is the Zion of God. It is David's House and David's Tabernacle. We are the restored David's House in David's Tabernacle, Acts, chapter fifteen. Look it up and read that as well. Okay, so I want you to see this. He says, in the last days, the mountain of the Lord's Temple, the mountain of the House of the Lord, will be established as the highest of the mountains. It will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Many will come and say, let us go to the Mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob He will teach us his ways that we may walk in his paths. For the law will go forth from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and settle dispuse for many people. Now they will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into puny hooks. Nations will not take up sword against nation anymore, nor will they train for war anymore. This is the growing kingdom that's functioning out of the headquarters as we The ligaments and the lively stones are connected to the Zion from above. Okay, one more and we're done. This is a very short cheat. I'm not cheating very long.
Speaker 2: You ready ready? Really?
Speaker 1: Isaiah sixty one as a sixty one is the passage that Jesus stood up in his first sermon. Looked for Matthew, for it's his first sermon. He says, hand me the book they hand him Isaiah. He opens it up to chapter sixty one. They didn't have chapters, but he opened it up to the spirit of the Sovereign. Lord's u bond. Because the Lord's annoying me to proclaim the good news to the poor, sent me to bind up the broken heart, to proclaim freedom to the captives, release the darkness, released for the from darkness, for the prisoners, who proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, the day of vengeance in our regard, comfort all who are more than preside those who grieve in Zion, to bestow on them a beauty, crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of morning, a garment of praise instead of a spirit of the spare.
Speaker 2: They will be called.
Speaker 1: This is why I want I was going fast because I wanted to go slow. They will be called oaks rye nighteousness. The planting of this is now, this is you. You're a dweller of Zion. Zion is the mountain of the Lord. Zion is the house of God. Yes, they will be called. You will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord. They you will rebuild ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated, like school districts, like cinematography, like technology, like the family. No more divorce, no more broken families, no more brokenness, no more orphaned that children, no more orphaned that children. Let's rebuild things devastated. They will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated, like Seattle, like New York. Strangers will shepherd your flocks. Foreigners will work your fields and vineyards. And you will all be called the priest of the Lord. Why because you're connected Desion, and you will all be ministers of our God. Why because every one of us are connected Desion, and this is our home, and we are sent ones from Zion, and we're all ministers.
Speaker 2: And we build the House of God, and we.
Speaker 1: Tether our vision to this growing kingdom, to this increasing kingdom. And as we do, we're filled with life, strength, power, energy. Come on, somebody past, Frank, come and kick me off the platform. Let's stand for a moment while he's coming to kick me off the platform. Stand quickly, stand quickly, stand quickly say this with me, Holy Spirit, I receive from you the grace to harness my imagination to be a visioneer of heaven, to see what you see, to see this growing kingdom of Heaven, to see the expansion of it, the grace of it for me, for my family, for our church, for the Church, for the Kingdom, for every believer, and for the world. In Jesus' name, Give the Lord a shout give the lord a shout,