Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the Ham Radio two point zero audio podcast rip. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube Ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Carlos said.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna give it a few minutes here and wait for the stream to kick it in. This is a super secret, special unplanned live stream, guys, and we are at PAM Vention twenty twenty five. Okay, what's up gray Man Poda. There's Rob five, I tr Rob. He's not he's not paying attention. Other Rob frank.
Speaker 2: Yo, what is up? Yeah, there's Mike.
Speaker 4: H.
Speaker 3: Somebody pull up the stream and tell me if it's if it's running. I think it's running.
Speaker 2: Hold please.
Speaker 4: Doing the thing.
Speaker 3: This was an unplanned live stream. Guy's very impromptu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see you can see.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, there's Sebastian from Polo right there. I'm just doing the handheld thing on this video right now. So it's running. Okay, whoa gosh, hold on, let me hold it steady. Look like I'm having a seizure or something.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Bill?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna let me have your uh antenna?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is an unplanned live stream viewing.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, okay, all right, you're all ready for this? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go. This is the Yazu f t X one field radio and that's the audio.
Speaker 5: Alright.
Speaker 3: Squelch and volume right there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this changes your freak. That's your VFO right here. There we go. This is it, guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, turn the volume down, big clarifyer knob here on the side, the side right there, Turn the volume down.
Speaker 2: It's too loud. There we go.
Speaker 3: So this looks a lot like a FT seven ten or maybe an FT d X ten but less obviously less uh.
Speaker 2: But he's in the d X ten. And here's the buttons across the top. You see.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get some more videos with this. I've already talked to John Crooked at Yazoo. We're gonna get an interview with them tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: In the cooler.
Speaker 3: And here is the back of it.
Speaker 2: These are the connectors. There's a cave. There's a specialty cable.
Speaker 3: That connects back here, and then this part connects to the amplifier, the Optima amplifier. They do have one here at the YAESU booth, so you'll be able to see it tomorrow with the gay booth. And then this right here. I'm not even sure how to take this. Oh let me see.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a handheld thing here.
Speaker 3: So oh sorry, yeah, I had to use this table. So this is the battery. That's the back of the that's the back of the radio. This is where the connector connects for the cable that comes off the Optima or for the battery obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet it is gonna sound great. What you got your hands up? I know?
Speaker 3: It is the SD card slot there and different ports over here on the side.
Speaker 5: Zero Whiskey Hotel.
Speaker 3: This one right here, so this says right here at the top. This is your phone port here GPS and the USB USB C port right there, microphone port obviously, this right here, This battery is USBC chargeable.
Speaker 2: This is I thought this was really cool.
Speaker 3: USBC chargeable on the battery right there, so you can charge a battery via USBC. You can run the radio via USBC, and I don't see another there might be this. These connectors here, These connectors here are for the Optima. Yeah, and you take the battery off and attach the Optima to it if you have the Optima amplifier, whether you buy the Optima kit or you buy the amplifier later.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So can we go right there? Now, that's dog here on the screen. Somebody said, is that a scratch on the screen is a piece.
Speaker 2: Of dog hair? Now it's not a scratch.
Speaker 3: Brand New got the A E S S speakers down here. So when you put the battery on the back of it, set it down like again, let's see trying to do this one handed because I've got the camera on the other hand.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right here hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, snap that on.
Speaker 3: When you've got that snapped on, it sits like that naturally, just like a forty five degree angle off the table right there.
Speaker 2: From Rochester, just like that.
Speaker 3: So it's a lot heavier than what I Yeah, the display is really nice. It's a lot heavier than would what I expected it to be. So we're gonna have to go through all of these modes. Multi mode there's a silloscope. Yeah, turn that off, scope on, change the span, change the speed of the waterfall. Bill was gonna let me use his antenna, but I think he's more interested in making contacts. Well, but your antenna, Yeah, yeah, I just want to I just want to do some receive on it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do anything. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: So hf to fifty mega hurts here and uh one forty four and four fifty right.
Speaker 2: There, So we're gonna hook up. We're going to hook up the pac ten thanks Bill. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 3: Twenty tune for twenty meters that's what it's on already.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 3: Let's see I don't I don't even have the microphone connected.
Speaker 2: So alright, so how to change the band on the stand it doesn't have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, oh right here band?
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's some f t A activity that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well is.
Speaker 6: Every the tour went up in twenty twenty guitar we go everywhere it's at, And I thought.
Speaker 4: About putting up an even larger ENTI this is like Peter nine eleven. Funny, Oh were you saying host in Santana.
Speaker 3: With a tower which is subtly separated, and they need a play.
Speaker 4: We hunt then everywhere. We got one in a northeast south north. I mean we got everywhere. This day. You can walk on the jar because you're gonna see everything. People are gonna wonder what and the heck gets going other?
Speaker 6: Oh really, you know the one that's bragged about how.
Speaker 3: Somebody's close to us seems important?
Speaker 4: No, rem mind your buck, don't copy over.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be somebody that's here in Stina. Look at that single.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you right, I haven't tell you come here?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: So you see that said.
Speaker 4: This about to.
Speaker 5: Join a ban bank.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a D station calling.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking story. I don't want me, don't know ray that tray ding.
Speaker 4: D Yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: There or more than will try and have been the way I can figure out where you are by you.
Speaker 4: You know they have.
Speaker 5: Carolina bringing the pot.
Speaker 6: But you try and set your wants.
Speaker 2: Which okay, that is.
Speaker 3: That is the first look. These guys are cutting up behind me here, that's the first look.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get a video with John Crook in the morning. I'm sure there will probably be a group of YouTubers around John Crook in the morning because he does have the optim of radio here.
Speaker 2: I just talked to him. I just saw it.
Speaker 3: He's showing us how the amplifier connects to the back of this radio. The field radio is available from several different vendors here at the show if you pre ordered it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that works, so come to the show and find out.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's it. Ft X one F.
Speaker 3: This is the ten watt model. Five watts with the battery, ten watts with the external. The battery has USBC charging capability. I thought that was one of the coolest parts.
Speaker 2: And it is heavier.
Speaker 3: It is heavier than I expected it to be. But it looks like a really nice radio. I'm gonna have fun using this. So very solid, very solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes I feel like it if I dropped the seven or.
Speaker 3: Five it's gonna break. I don't think this thing will break. I think this thing will probably break my foot first, but we'll see. So thanks for watching. Put comments in the chat or I'm sorry, put comments in the video after it ends.
Speaker 2: Put comments in the video.
Speaker 3: If you have questions, I will read those tonight and if I can ask those as John Tomorrow we'll get questions answered real time.
Speaker 2: Seventy three guys there, God,