Speaker 1: And I have something I want to talk to you guys about. I want to get your take on this. A friend of ours owns a bar, and it's not our bar, it's not a bar we're invested in. And I saw him post about this today, and so I want to bring it up to you. I see this topic on social media all the time, and I think we all might feel differently about it.
Speaker 2: I think those of us.
Speaker 1: With kids might feel differently than those of us without kids. And so when you have a local establishment, you have to think about what your policy is for letting kids run around and when they run around and where they run around, and different parents have different philosophies on how to really oversee that activity. In some situations, some parents are like, man, this is awesome. I finally get to sit down at a table, eat some caso, drink some beers, and I don't care if I see my kids for an hour.
Speaker 2: And there's others that are.
Speaker 1: Like, you're going to sit here at this table and you're not going anywhere, get on your whatever. Different people. And our friend is like trying to keep everybody happy. And so they've seen they've seen I guess they've seen a dip in business, and they've received a ton of complaints from people that go to the bar, saying, hey, man, there's kids unwatched running around and like causing havoc, like and there's no one watching them or guarding them, or.
Speaker 2: You know whatever.
Speaker 1: No one's looking out for him, and so they can do whatever they want. And so our friend was like, Okay, I think we've got a solution. At one part of our restaurant where it's mainly a bar, we'll just say that after seven o'clock, if you're seventeen and under, you can't be in there. And so just in the bar, right, there's another part of the restaurant where you could go there with your kids and stay all night, but to keep trying to keep everybody happy. And man, he got killed for because kids were in there not watched. And now he's getting killed because people are like, what, I can let my kids run loose in this bar at night.
Speaker 2: I want my eight year old to sit at this bar and do what he wants.
Speaker 3: I live in America, Serve me and my kid.
Speaker 1: Right, I've seen places of business that'll do the whole. Hey, we are not babysitters. If you're not watching your kid. Please leave. Yeah, you know, and I agree with that, Like if you're the kind of person that's going to be offended that a restaurant's not going to look after you're a kid, you're a dumb ass, Go somewhere else. I can remember growing up to, Like when I started acting like a wild ass kid, I could just feel the tension rising in my dad's body and I could just feel that energy of ooh, I probably need to reel it in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I knew that energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm sure build yeah. And it's like it's like most and I'm okay, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: Like if if left to their own devices, kids will do all sorts of you know, they're idiots. Like I'll tell you the worst thing I did as a kid, me and some kids in our neighborhood. The neighborhood we moved into, there was still some construction right at the very end. There were some new homes being built. And so while the foundation is built and they put the initial wood up, they were putting like styrofoam between them, like for you know, the insulation or whatever between the wooden walls of that. Yeah, so we as little dumb ass kids went and played Hulk Smash and like we were knocking down all of these walls.
Speaker 2: Character was formed, right, we're just knocking down all these walls.
Speaker 1: I can't expensive it was right, But that was running loose in the neighborhood. If you're just in a bar or a restaurant. I mean I saw I ask Katie and Christina, you guys don't have kiddos. Have you guys ever been inconvenienced by kids or rely?
Speaker 4: Yeah, at a place I really like the kids they were just running around and I was like, where are their parents? And then it hit me that night. It's a pizza place. It's not Andrew's, by the way, but it hit me. It was the weather was nice for sitting outside and the kids kind of run around. But it hit me is like parents have probably gotten a little worse. Parents have probably gotten a little lazier over the years, because man, I just would have never been allowed to run around at a place like that, right, So I wouldn't have been allowed to do it.
Speaker 2: It's how It's just it comes down to how you were raised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think from what I know about Christina's dad and what I know about I mean, I've met your dad, Rick, I knew Ben's dad really well, Ben knew my dad really.
Speaker 2: You've played golf with my dad.
Speaker 1: I think all of our parents had a similar outlook on how in general, about how you raise kids. And there's discipline and you don't like let your kids inconvenience other people. Yeah, you know, it's just kind of like how you raise Remember, parents are just older kids, and kids are idiots, So parents are just older idiots. Yeah, you know, And there are a lot of people that to Ben's point, it's like, well it's Sunday, I'm gonna drink. I didn't always want these kids go run somewhere, you know, and it's like, okay, you you can relax, but you still have to wrangle your kids.
Speaker 5: Right, there's a time and a place, Like if you're at a bar restaurant, not the place. If it's a playground or Proro museum, sure let your kid run wild and bother everyone else there.
Speaker 2: There are restaurants that have playgrounds.
Speaker 1: To Christina's point, yeah, you know, and if that's the case, then the kids got there and they run.
Speaker 3: That's where I was at. Was at uh, I'll say it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Is that is that fortunate?
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I bet you're at fortunes at the outside place, and I was.
Speaker 3: I did notice, And we were with people who have kids too. I did notice that. I think I'm the.
Speaker 4: Only one whose anxiety is getting triggered a little bit by like three eight year olds just running and it just like, yeah, I was like, maybe it's a me thing. The kids who had they it wasn't their kids either. I mean, these were strangers. They didn't bring their kids. But I was like, they're probably just used to it, and maybe Rocks didn't care. But I was sitting there going, okay, like we're getting a little close to waiters running by with the hot pizza. We're getting a little close to chaos here. Yeah, and I would like for it to stop. But what do you do?
Speaker 2: Do you insert yourself into the situation?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hell no, see I will I don't mind doing that. I'll say hey, hey, hey, guys, calm down. You know, where are your parents right now?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: But but yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 1: That's the way we were raised, honestly, Like you know, my dad when he was when I was real young. My dad was a coach, so my dad was used to talking to young people and getting them to He wasn't a big jerk or anything. But to Ben's point, you know, it's like, oh, you're not supposed to be doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be an adult here.
Speaker 1: But now we're in the day and age, it's like, did you disrespect my kid?
Speaker 3: Don't tail what to do? Don't you tell my boy not? Did you tell me?
Speaker 2: All right, I'll tell you another thing.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you another thing that drives me nuts of Okay, So this is what I've noted. And this doesn't have to do with the restaurants, but in my neighborhood there's now so many kids riding electric scooters.
Speaker 2: M oh the East scooter.
Speaker 3: We had a death over the weekend on an East scooter.
Speaker 2: It doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: They are so fast, and I don't I think there's something to it, Like when you're a kid and you're riding your bike super fast. You know you're riding it super fast because you're peddling as hard as you can. But they're something about just hitting a button on a scoo. And so I pulled into my neighborhood on Friday night, and I took a left onto like my main street, and then I'm about to take a right onto my cul de sac and three kids are crossing right in front of me, going from one side of the street to the other, and none of them are looking. So they crossed in front of me and I had to slow down to not hit them. And they're all three on electric scooters and not one of them looked. Right, I'm like, what are we doing? And you know, they ride scooters on roads where the speed limits forty five? Right, what are we doing here? But you know, but I do know. I have friends who have kids and they know what they're doing, and they ride with a helmet and they're super careful. But I also see them out there pretty damn reckless, get I mean, And it's really that whole thing of like I was thinking about this too, about like, you know, inserting yourself in a situation where kids are also taught not to stock strangers. Yeah, you know, and so there's that dynamic. But I mean, we would tell our kids over and over, don't do this, don't do this, don't do this, and then they get out in the world and they do whatever they want. They're oblivious, and so it's just like, but you also, I don't think you can live your life terrified of everything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a fine line of like what are you going to let your kids do? And you know it's the it's the Ben Stiller character in Royal Tenenboms. Yes, no, no, exactly. I am kind of like that. I was thinking about it. I have a friend, a dear friend, who was paralyzed while skiing with the last couple months, and I'm like, you know, you're like, okay, you know how dangerous is to go skiing. I mean, I'm terrified of skiing, right, I can't stop. It's a hard, cold rock. You could run into anything. And I'm like, but you you know, yeah, it's a numbers game, just like swimming in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean.
Speaker 1: It's probably not likely that a shark is going to bite off your torso, but it's possible. We've had a listener that had a shark bite off their arms. Yes, yes, that happened, or her hand or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: You're right that I got a lot of that Ben Stiller character in me. Yeah, but that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, are you going to live life being you know, being obsessive about the consequences, bad consequences or are you going to be the persons like Las Fair and then suddenly you have to deal with the consequences right, and then you have all this regret. I mean, there's just there's no easy answers on any of this. And I would recommend to both of you guys do not have kids. Yeah, I mean, just don't. You're having so much fun. You guys are living a good life. Don't ruin it with kids.
Speaker 4: It feels like it would shut down everything, just even a dog, because she wants a dog really bad.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of like, don't.
Speaker 4: Do it, Okay, I mean we could get we could do the dog thing, but like, okay, well we've got a concert in a.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks. Well we know what you do.
Speaker 1: We good is the dog? No, you gotta find a good first of all. A lot of people don't trust those doggy daycare places in the first place.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are some horror stories.
Speaker 1: We're lucky we have a person in our circle that will take care of the dogs when we travel how much, because oh, it's expensive.
Speaker 2: Like we pay one hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 1: It's about that, depending on how much she comes over and all that stuff. And she's like a family friend. In fact, she used to like houseit when we'd leave town and stay with our kids, like it's a it's a family friend.
Speaker 2: We're real lucky that we have that.
Speaker 1: But when we go do something and we go leave town or whatever, we have to factor in that cost.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: If you know, if we're gone for three days, that's probably gonna cost you fifty to three hundred dollars for dog care.
Speaker 2: You just have to start rolling that in.
Speaker 1: And you you travel a lot to go to concerts.
Speaker 2: I used to what are you doing with all your time? Now?
Speaker 3: Hang you out man, tell yard works.
Speaker 5: I saw some weeds in our front line over the weekend and thought of you.
Speaker 3: Immediately, you call Kat to police, a week killer.
Speaker 2: You thought of Kat when you saw yard work that need to be done.
Speaker 1: And his response was the weed killer, like he's called himself that now.
Speaker 4: I thought of her when I saw Ario Speedwagon story today, Kevin Cronin has pissed a whole reunion show without him, and he's mad about it.
Speaker 1: How do you see he's the lead singer. Singer, really, how do you do Ario Speedwagon without.
Speaker 3: That little douche? I heard it from a friend. Oh, don't that.
Speaker 4: We haven't played the intro yet.
Speaker 6: Miss what I did?
Speaker 3: Radio gives us with some bad.
Speaker 6: Start time.
Speaker 3: Boys, Right now, you're right, right, right, right right time to do it one four.
Speaker 2: Time quick, ef it win.
Speaker 6: I'll show you're gonna ruling it, except with simmer Sweet pursuing it. Huddled out Shaw, shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what you're ling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get crattic, shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to then zone out.
Speaker 2: Crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm on hang out with the friends.
Speaker 5: Rocket on the radio.
Speaker 2: My moistens.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 5: It's time to do this.
Speaker 2: Walt, Oh, baby, baby, Kati, all the lady.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, we are off and running on a Monday. It's gonna be a fun show today. Anything in particular you guys are looking forward to discussing or anything from the weekend. We need to get out of the way in this intro segment. You know, unlet's you have something. I do have something I want to throw out right quick? Uh, don't go to the movie theater a lot anymore. And Friday night we went to Ipick and we saw have you guys seen anything about Black Bag?
Speaker 2: Not one thing?
Speaker 3: Have you What's I pick?
Speaker 1: It's a theater like with the you know, there's not a lot around south. Is that a nice one with like the okay, waiters and leather chairs or recline and so.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: It's just some up North stuff, dude. You always see it. There's like an alle right, yeah, okay, basically, I mean it's just cross street from Allain. It was my mom's favorite theater, so yeah, it's pretty nice. Wait's right down the street from us.
Speaker 1: So uh, you know, we were doing the show last Friday at Boomerjacks right there off Technology and the wife was like, hey, I want to go to a nine thirty movie. I want to see Black Bag. And I was like, okay, I mean I love Soderberg in general. I can't recall it.
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 1: His most famous movie is probably Ocean's eleven Traffic. Oh yeah, one of my favorite movies is the Limey. He did out a site with George Clooney and Jay Like he did Contagian. Yeah, he did Contagion, which he's thinking about remaking.
Speaker 2: No, no, we already did COVID.
Speaker 1: The one of the things that he's known for, though, is being like a master of genre, Like a genre has all these things that identified as a genre, and he knows how to go play in that sandbox and just dominate that.
Speaker 6: And so this.
Speaker 1: Particular movie is a mixture mixture of espionage thriller with a who done it, And it's got Michael Fastbender and it's got Kate Blanchett, so it's it's British espionage, okay. And this movie is ninety minutes long, and so it's really incredibly paced. It's got tons going on, Like you're halfway into going, Okay, I think I have this figured out. But there's a lot. It's stylish as hell. The music is cool. I mean, it's just coming at your baby. It's great. And I was like, if I go to the movies, I want this. I don't go that often, but if you can get me to a ninety minute movie in which there's not a wasted shot in the movie. It's stylish, it moves, it's great, and I leave and I guess it's got a big old smile on my face. That is worth going to a movie theater and paying forty six dollars for two sodas, popcorn and a box of M and ms.
Speaker 3: Get this.
Speaker 4: Critics ninety six percent on Rotten Tomatoes, audience seventy percent.
Speaker 1: The thing I Trish told me that. My wife told me that, and my thought on it was that maybe it's too British for them.
Speaker 3: Ohka British. But and my wife, as you like, I.
Speaker 2: Hate any movie with someone that has a British accent. It's kind of her go to. It's a weird choice. Yeah, but it She even liked it. But I could see people feeling like it was too British. How many dogs do you give it?
Speaker 3: I gave it?
Speaker 2: How many? What's what's the dumb scale? Five dogs is the most?
Speaker 3: I give it?
Speaker 2: A Peter North. Okay, there it is. That's one raging, a raging one, one bigger great review. All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Speaking of Hollywood man, there is a country music artist that Kat has in his crosshairs.
Speaker 2: His guy.
Speaker 1: It's his guy, but he's upset he was humiliated by his hero. We'll discuss next. Before we get to that, let's talk about the greatness of prosper Forward