Speaker 1: Main in a light. Man like this man letting butterfly flapping his wing. They've down in a forest. Man, it gonna cause the tree fall, letting five thousand miles away. Man, nobody seen, nobody else.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: You don't need no man like you followed another and you got back to flect that I was still win. Man got black to night on the Panama Man. Man, you don't don't matter man anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, So before we get into this episode with Thomas, I think it's important to talk about what this show is. It's been a while since I've talked about it on my feet. This is Radio Free Chicago, which is a current affairs show I do twice a month with Thomas seven seven seven.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: When it first launched, it was only available on gum Road, and gum Road is kind of a difficult platform to work around. There were some people expressing satisfaction with that. So now we have two ways, you know, to view it. One there's the gum Road feed, and two we do alternating episodes on my substack and Thomas's substack. Right, So if you're a premium subscriber on my end, you've been seeing these about once a month likewise on Thomas's feed, and that's sort of a commediate way for Thomas and I to split up the content. And also it gives you guys a better way to listen to it because gum road is a little bit troublesome. So this is on the free feed. Everyone is hearing this. If you want to hear more about this, I've just told you where you can find it. And also, if you're on gum road and you're sick and tired at gum road, I can't blame you. It's a difficult platform. Just send me an email from the email address you use on gum road and I'll comp you a one month on substack. That way, you're not paying double for it. You know, when the month is done, you'll resume, you know, paying what you paid on gum road. But you don't have to deal with their janky back end. So anyway, all that kind of housekeeping stuff out of the way. Thomas, It's it's good to see you again, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Likewise, thank you, my friend. It is the week of April twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. There's there's been some key developments in the world situation as well as the domestic situation, things appear to be in a holding pattern, but that that can be misleading, you know. And I think that's being somewhat deliberately curated because the administration's in trouble, I you know, and obviously, I mean, Trump isn't gonna He's he doesn't have to fight for incumbency moving forward, so presumably he can burn out down the proverbial house and it doesn't matter. But I and it don't get me wrong, I don't I don't think Trump's a principled guy. I don't think moving forward, he really cares what happens when he's out of the picture. But he is accountable to people. You know, he didn't he didn't build this thing that he's profited from for the lay decade on his own. And I think that, uh, I think that, you know, there's there's real concern about the way things have gone sideways with respect to this ill fated crusadingist Iran, and and crazy is that state. May it may seem to people that the rot run is deep and the conceptual literacy is total. I really believe that they, uh, the administration, thought that they could finangle some sort of profitable outcome from this assault in Iran, you know, and uh they they've got a totally misplaced confidence in the ability of of of military power to generate political outcomes. That's a long standing delusion in America, but it's been exacerbated by the fact that America's force structure is highly obsolescent at present. I mean, even were it not, they they God forbid to be killing a lot more people and Iran and and and Lebanon, and causing a lot more destruction and making these a lot more difficult for the people in the region. But I don't I don't believe even if there was a highly effective force structure in theater and and a lot more pressure being brought to bear on the military front, that I don't believe that the administration and the regime generally would be in any better position politically. But like we were talking before you went live in I Burden raised the point that there's a this they're the real the real share punk of of Zionists violence is in the Levant and and specifically the HESBLA and the Shia heartland in in in Beirut. I think that's true. I mean, don't get me wrong. The administrations primary target as I Ran, and if I Ran were to go down, that would neutralize has Blah for all practical purposes. But I, you know, but I but israel Is. I believe that the Israelis UH are more realistic on the military front, you know, despite the fact that I think that Yahoo's totally delusional in terms of the viability of of the Leacud state moving forward. I think Israel is using UH this sort of curated stalemate in terms of negotiation with I Ran, with Islamabad acting as a pseudo arbited arbiter, you know, under under the guise of neutrality. There the the ide f IS is using this as Ah as cover for all practical purposes to perpetuate a broad based assault on on Lebanon. And you know, like I said, Nazarala, who was a great man. I've been reading his book lately and I developed greater esteem from every day. But that aside, he had a better understanding of the military situation than your average you know, politician or cleric. And he came back to the point again and again, and Kamani echoed this to the the greater the the Israeli project of Laban's Row, which really has been under way since ninety forty eight that they covet UH. They covered the Lebanon and and and large swaths of a Syria outside the Goland Heights, and UH. The fact that there's not the there's not enough you know, racial Jews within their population to truly hold that territory. They don't care. They're not thinking in those terms, you know, they they're they're very much in a crisis modality and moving from one sort of punctuated UH crisis modality to the to the next, you know, within that wider paradigm, and you've got to understand, You've got you've got to understand Israeli and political and military ambitions within that kind of Laban's raw mediology and UH Lebanon has always played an essential role in that. And one of the reasons why Lebanon was sort of the jewel in the in the crown of of darl Islam and UH. One of the reasons it was always so contested between you know, Christian, Shia, Sunni and UH and the Jews is you know, it's UH, it's it's it's a viable water source, which is you know key, it's there there's maritime access to you know, key trade routes and things, you know, and traditionally, UH, within the Arab world, that's kind of where the natural elite was situated, a large percentage of or Christian you know. And it's so it's a complicated situation, but I I think that's very much. I think that's very much something it used to be considered in in an analytical capacity. And finally I'm gonna go over to Burden in a second. The UH, the peculiar relationship between Washington and Islamabad and this goes back to the early seventies. You know, I was talking the other day with Pete Q. You know when a wider discussion of UH, of the Cold War and how it sort of shaped policy in Central Asia in Warren peace capacities. You know, when UH, when Nixon was able to decouple Pey King from Moscow and Brezhnev, and that I mean, I believe the shadow is trifecta of the SOYT executive. Then was usnov On dropped un dropped off, and Gramco within drop of kind of at the helm they were able to flip India as a hedge against China, and and the Washington's response was the what was the flip Pakistan and the Indio Indo Pakistan war derived from that paradigm. And uh, you know, I believe that it's it's it's fairly obvious to me. I basically agree with Seymour Hearsh on the issue of the Ben Laden killing. You know, Islamabad had him under house arrest is SI. They don't work exactly hand in glove with American intelligence, but there's very good offices there with certain qualifications. It's a tense relationship, but it is more relationship of alliance than his enmity. You know. It's it's not an accident that that the Pakistanis are standing in as uh, this supposed neutral arbiter between Toronto and Washington. There are anything but however, that's an important aspect here too. There's this plan with an ends as as as the Benny Jester and his facing yield. Say in Dune, what I'm gonna go dover to burden now because I've been talking long enough, Like what do you think about these things or anything else? Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the situation in Lebanon I think initially flew under the radar, uh, just because obviously there were there was less direct US involvement in Lebanon, and it seemed as if there was some degree of frustration towards Tel Aviv, basically like yeahttitude seemed to be, what are you lunatics doing? Isn't this enough war for you? And obviously Israel has occupied Lebanon before, uh, you know, I believe they exited in the early two thousands, at least formally, right, you would know better than I would, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they fought his Bow in two thousand and six to a stalemate, but it was really a tactical defeat. But yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And so it initially didn't really hit my news feed until this kind of weird initial two week cease fire because there was significant disagreement on whether Lebanon was included in that with the Iranians, of course, assuming that was the case, the Americans at least initially saying so, and then the Israelis going off and doing their own thing. This has been a particularly brutal campaign. Hundreds of civilians have been killed, and most recently it sort of came to a head when there was a photo of an IDF soldier next to an upside down statue of Jesus Christ. With a sledgehammer, having smashed his head off. This courted a massive international outrage and came after a relatively stupid but still notable event where Donald Trump posted an AI image of himself as Jesus healing the sick? Do I find that personally offensive? Not really to me. It's like, whatever, the guy has an ego. You didn't need to tell me that, right, But the combination of these two events has one provided an off ramp for certain people you could tell, who are getting uncomfortable with the situation where people who had you know, previously publicly very much allied themselves to Donald Trump, We're starting to get cold feet, and that provided a way for them to say, all right, I'm done. This hit the evangelical world, as you can imagine, particularly hard, and this has exacerbated an ongoing split within MAGA that we've been talking about for almost a year now. What's interesting on that front is now MAGA Inc. Which is basically made up of true Donald Trump slaves, and then the kind of neo neo cons right, those trying to completely and totally subsume the Party of Donald Trump back to It's kind of two thousand and six, you know, Roe been going hard against the so called podcasters right. That includes people like you and I, particularly kind of you know, hate figures like Nick Fuentes and Candice Owans, but also Alex Jones, for one, has come out hard against Donald Trump, and he has continued to be isolated. A lot of this also has to do with Tucker Carlson. Tucker Carlson had his brother Buckley on not too long ago for the second time. The two of them had sort of a casual conversation where they were talking about basically walking away from Trump. You know, guys who'd supported him for a long time, who due to you know, our relationship with Israel, basically said enough is enough. It was a mistake and talking about the you know, the twenty fifth Amendment. So take what you will from that. You know, it's not news to anyone listening to this show, but it is an interesting signal because the we all out attack on podcasters right, the traders from the perspective of our kind of newest batch of neo cons has been unrelenting, particularly as the DOJ has now indicted the SPLC for sending money sometimes the tune of two hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars to the leaders of hate groups. Right, we don't know who they sent money to. We do know that there were some involved at Charlottesville. But basically this is an old story, right, We've known about this forever. That effectively, the SPLC and other groups, if they don't find the sort of natural rate of racism or anti Semitism or hate all in scare quotes, they will produce it. Now why do I bring this up in conjunction with the war against podcasters Because if you've listened to me and Thomas talk on this show or even in my own work, you've heard me whining about this term the woke Reich, or as noted linguist Mark Levin says, the woke Reich very clever. But basically that claim is these people, this you know, the right wing edge of American politics. They are making us lose. They are the reason that all of these bad things are happening. And this SPLC indictment has been used to further that claim. Basically, oh, these people were not only traders, they were not only Russian assets, they were not only Chinese, they were not only you know, vile national socialists, which don't you know is just as much. It's just the same thing as the woke left on the college campus. Well, now this narrative has you know, stepped into place. Now several things can be true at once. Do I think the SPLC is a sketchy organization, Yeah, one hundred percent. Do I think it is somewhat deliberate that we don't know who was getting paid? Also one hundred percent, because it enables that narrative to strengthen. And I think that as the Publican Party and Donald Trump continue to take l's and they will continue to the pressure from the kind of nominal center right towards us, and our friends will continue talking about the kind of mounting pressure. This war is not popular. It has dominated the news. It's basically the only thing anyone talks about. And with that has come increases to fertilizer, to oil, to things that normal people use. It's starting to hit people in their pocketbook. Now, what's interesting is that when this first happened, you had the sort of finance pros basically saying like, oh, this is going to be bad, and prices are up, but not dramatically, and so people initially were saying like, oh, you know, rumors of you know, the devise of the American economy have been vastly overstated. Who knows. I'm not going to say this is mad Max, but it's important to understand how the oil market works, which is it works off of contracts, which means there's a lag time between when a price is struck and when you, as the consumer, actually have to bear the consequences of that. I believe that will hit by the end of the month. Basically we will be buying oil one hundred percent pretty much the entire market as far as I understand. I'm not a financial analyst, this secondhand information, but talking to people who know what they're saying to Basically, oil is almost entirely options in futures right, very little of it is bought at strike price. So point is that is going to massively ramp up. So the pressure will continue, particularly as we have you know, even the evangelicals who are Trump's some of his most devoted base starting to buckle, starting to say, well, wait a minute, you know, why are you giving money to the guys who are smashing statues of Jesus? Why are you posting photos of yourself? As now, not all he still has strong support within that coterie. But we've got to understand that's starting to weaken, and he is not in a position where he can afford to lose any support because other voting blocks, white, non college educated voters, young men have turned hard against Donald Trump for any number of reasons. While we're talking about sort of l's for the Republican Party, I think it's important to bring up this redistricting in Virginia today, the day that this is going to be posted, I released a monologue, which is rare for me, just fifty minutes of me talking about exactly this. So for those who aren't aware, basically, Virginia went from having a Democrat legislature and a Republican governor who was quite popular, fairly moderate, sort of Chamber of commerce type, to full control by the Democrats. And they have gone hammer and Tom after all of the Democrat things, right, so vastly reducing you know, sentencing for murder and rape, sort of sweeping gun control, you know, kind of going after religious and heritage institutions, sort of instituting very similar programs to the daycare fraud programs in Minnesota. It was a massive power grab, and part of that was redistricting so effectively, they were forced to put out a referendum on a proposed constitutional amendment which would allow them to redraw the voting map of the state, taking it from I believe five and six Republican and Democrat, which is pretty close to vote totals to a ten to one, I'm not mistaken. And the vote on that was remarkably close all things considered. It was less than a percent separated it. It was pretty close. And this was heavily pushed by the DC suburbs right nova Northern Virginia. Fairfax County alone, which is where the city of Arlington is, will receive five congressional districts.
Speaker 1: So it's a.
Speaker 2: Pretty transparent attempt to sort of rip the voting map. Now, big picture, this is something that's been happening for a while. Obviously, there was an unsuccessful attempt in Indiana, successful attempt in Texas, and it seems as if California is going through with the same thing. In my mind, this is is this is really the death of the purple state. There are very few toss up kind of bell weathers anymore. Both on the state level, states are looking to maximize their power right to sort of go full speed ahead. And also within the US, we've seen a ton of internal migration. Basically, you know, read voters from New England moved down to the southeast, same thing from California and vice versa. You know, democrats from Florida are At the same time, we're also seeing internal racial migration, for instance, a bunch of black float folks leaving kind of blighted cities in the Midwest, moving to Atlanta, moving to other areas. So that's sort of an interesting thing, right, We're seeing this sort of internal sorting. But it must be understood that that is a loss for the Republicans, right, They were hurting anyway. They were basically assured to lose the House, seem very likely to lose the Senate, and having you know, four of your seats taken away at the snap of a sap of you know, some guy's fingers, that that hurts an already difficult situation. Now, the Virginia case is interesting. We don't have the time to necessarily go into it. That will be a protracted legal battle for a number of reasons. One, they kind of broke a lot of rules to do it. Don't have time to get into the inner kind of the specifics of it, but it is interesting as a directional trend, right, this seems to be in the air. And also, you know, we understand how procedural outcomes can be manipulated. So that was worth bringing up, of course, just because you know, that's on the domestic front. What we've seen pivoting back to another group that has been alienated by the President. Donald Trump had sort of a weird spat with the Pope, and it seems to be largely ginned up by the media because the Pope like three weeks ago put out a statement that was basically like countries should not go to war with each other, they should use diplomacy, which like, I mean, look, man, it's the Vatican, it's the Pope. Like the Pope has been advocating against war. Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like Okay, even during you know, the reign of Isabella of Spain, the Vatican was saying, please have mercy on these heretics, and then the state was burning them anyway, so this is far from Look, I'm not Catholic, Thomas, you're not Catholic, but getting mad at the Pope for this, it's like it's what he does you know I don't agree. Obviously, I don't agree with the Pope. R I'd be Catholic, but like this is such a it should have been sort of a typhoon in a teacup right, pointless. But Trump swung hard, right, really swung hard at the Pope. And don't get me wrong, in aggregate, Catholics vote for the Democrats. Now that's highly Again I am not Catholic. I'm trying to speak to this as pesta I can. That is highly ethnic. You have to understand that, you know, a lot of Catholics in America are Hispanic. Hispanics in general tend to swing Democrat for obvious reasons. Similarly, like you have large Catholic populations in the Northeast. We understand how those go. I'm not trying to say that, you know, Catholics are a core Republican voter base, but they're certainly there right, particularly as we've seen that Donald Trump made large gains in the Hispanic population and you come out swinging at the Holy Father. That is another group which was sort of cast off. And again this is another area in which an existing sort of fracture line in the nominal right wing coalition between Protestants and Catholics, which had sort of laid dormant, you know, short of some light ribbing, no one really wanted to bring up the old tropes about being controlled by Rome. But because of this, that fault line was massively exacerbated. Both on the level of you have you know, nominal Republican voters basically feeling as if they're forced to choose between their religious obligations and you know, their political ones, and also on the back end, you had all of the worst people on the line, you know, and these are large influencers, I'm talking, you know, the kind of people we don't particularly like, but prominent conservatives basically going back to kind of eighteen nineties anti Catholic canards, you know, or you people are just controlled by Rome. And okay, that's a little bit silly. It never should have happened to begin with. But nonetheless, if we're looking at this party and looking at their supporter base, this is yet another place in which it is fracturing massively. So and so to me when we look at you know, the assault on the individual state level, where states are basically saying we're going to hit you in these kind of safe you know, Republican districts in blue states, We're going to take those away from you. Your own supporter base is crumbling, and you're blaming like a ten year old, you know, like white advocates who went to Charlottesville, Like that's your big like, that's your big gamut, that's the reason that you think you're failing. And uh, that's even without what seems to be pressure from an upcoming economic crisis may be too strong a word, but serious pinch. And so when you combine that with the basics of electoral math, generally speaking, an incumbnent president loses either the House or the Senate simply just due to the kind of physics of American elections. It's like, well, what's the plan here? And that's a similar question I think many people have been asking as regards with Iran, because we've got to understand that the US is blockading the strait of horror moods. The Iranians have semi closed it. They're sort of acting as like bridge trolls where you can go through if you pay the money. Now, the US is basically said, no, we're going to prevent anyone from taking that deal, which is pushing putting massive pressure on other countries, right, both the Gulf States who are already wavering, and then also Europe who do to you know reasons I'm not entirely sure, right if massively are massively dependent on you know, liquid natural gas and exports from the Middle East, and so point is this is a really dicey situation that is seemingly not being treated particularly seriously, and unless something dramatically changes, there will be a shift after the midterms. And what we have to understand is it is true, you know, Trump doesn't really have to worry about another election, but one hundred percent has to worry about being impeached, which look like the whole.
Speaker 1: They were republic they take a mass of loss in the midterms, man, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well and less do you doubt that they're serious, Like they impeached him over kind of bs last time. Now they have a real reason. You know, the these rumors of uh, you know, market manipulation have grown stronger and stronger and stronger, particularly as regards oil futures. And there was a story not too long ago of a you know, Trump official who pocketed you know, tens of thousands of dollars on these futures and look, there's a good chance you might be convicted of that in a normal court, let alone an extremely hostile legislature. And so, uh yeah, the administration's really in a tough spot, and uh I really feel less than no sympathy for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing is ridiculous. I uh a couple of things I wanted to hit up. Yeah, it's incredibly tone def to go after the quote the podcasters. I mean, first of all, you sound like some senile fucking boomer like talking about there's these podcasters on this thing called the Internet and and they're spreading disinformation. It's like, how fucking out of touch are you if you talk that way? But you know, also, the day is the bully pulpit or dead the legacy media bully pulpit. I mean you can accept that or you're not in the game. And you know, I that's really what killed this, uh this like zionist cult that's masquerading as Christianity, because I can only survive amiss. Uh A bully pulpit that's that goes unchallenged. You know, with with the traditional airwaves being the being the primary medium of of media interface because I've made this point of people again and again, especial us how the faith. This isn't some this isn't some controversy of interpretation of scripture. There has nothing to do with that. It's a bunch of people who aren't Jewish but enjoyed pretending to be Jewish and worshiping this racial eye of Jewish states that has absolutely zero to do with scripture. In fact, scriptures adamant and emphatic and uh, you know, uh irrebuttably clear that these people are anti Christ. And if you are in and if you believe in those imperatives, and if you worship the strange gods of the First Covenant, you are anti Christ. So I mean this, this can't you know, uh, this, this can't survive even the barest of scrutiny, you know. So they're panicking now. I mean I've always been in the belief that this garbage will die with these like sad you know, he loot Boomers when they die off because like nobody, nobody else is susceptible of that fucking garbage. But moving out of the SPLC because normies don't seem to understand this, and I I mean a conservative ink is paralyzingly ignorant. But they don't understand it either. The SPLC has been a con from jump more as it das he used to defend Klan guys in court and when that dried up and when that became politically incorrect to do. He'd worked in direct marketing before, so he got these lists, these direct marketing lists which were worth weight in gold, you know, pre internet and before there was you know this h the technology available to kind of aggregate you know, contact lists for for likely donors and whatever. So he devised this whole direct marketing scheme of making people scared of the Klan and of the you know, this looming right wing, and he built this huge war chest that ultimately Candy got a billion dollars back when that was you know, like unbelievable wealth, you know, and he went he went around suing people and uh and you know, building up this kind of direct marketing con And what we on the right have always said going back half a century, these idiots like the National Socialist movement, how guys with no visible means of income would just like fly around the country with the news crew behind him, you know, like dressing up like horse vessel and like calling for T and D. It was obvious what this was, okay, And if your whole KNK is claiming like, oh, the right is woke because you know, they're they're they're the progeny of the Democrats or something. Look, man, there you know the whole uh there, there was an there's a huge scandal in the Kennedy era, you know, like the Mississippi Burning. They made this whole propaganda film about it. Bobby Cherry, the guy who bombed the Baptist church with those four little girls burned to death, he was an all probability and FBI informants Gary Thomas Rowe, who was present during at least one murder and it was the real man on a number of others. He was an FBI informant. You know, like the the the the most violent clan iteration in history was shot through with FBI informers. So like if you if, if you're if, your whole narrative is the woke right narrative, which remains the dumbest fucking neologism ever coined. Well, apparently you also believe that like the KKK is just a branch of the FBI, because that's you know this, that's the the same paradigm at work. But you know, and everybody knew des was dirty. It's just you know, I mean aside from the the obvious, I mean, he was obviously embezzling money. That was uh that he wasn't paying tax is on it. I mean this this again, this goes back decades. This is the opposite of news, you know, and the fbis of make work bureaucracy anyway. But it's uh, you know, the the SBOC have gon a fair target because in recent years, really in the last like ten to fifteen years, they've lost whatever credibility they had, I mean even among the most susceptible dupes. But it's changing gears, you know. One of the things. I think people are finally kind of getting wise to this idea that markets are always teetering on the precipice of collapse owing to really reckless decisionism on the on the war and peace front. That's not the way things are anymore. And I I don't understand finance any meaningful capacity, but I do understand political economy, and something like the crash of eighty seven isn't possible anymore because there's to the second information awareness, you know, and stocks increasingly. I mean, I'm saying that stocks are a good hedge and people are in stocks should stay there, you know, especially conservative investors, you know, I mean, I mean people who don't like play markets like the like the Blackshack tap. I mean, people are just look looking to sustain their retirement nest egg and stuff. But this idea that you know, there's some susceptibility in the twenty twenties to uh, you know, some sort of structural collapse or for you know, uh a stock market crash that you know, whpes oude everybody's four one k. That's not that's not possible anymore. That's not to say that there can't be some punctuality of the event that tanks the dollar or something. And that's not to say that, you know, especially like let's say like the Let's say that let's say there was some sort of let's say the House that saw It went down and and a bunch of the Gulf states again basically failed states, you know, and the kind of paradigm that played out in Syria like went theater wide. I mean that I could easily imagine there being some sort of real energy crisis. Okay, but there's not gonna be a great depression too or whatever these uh or whatever, these gold bug types and and these libertarians like to suggest, are these guys who's stock in trade is uh is crisis manger clickbait because that's bullshit. But yeah, I and finally I this is this is an incredibly unpopular war. Trump's becoming an incredibly unpopular president, which before was not the case despite capture. The contrary, the Republicans are basically gonna get wiped out in the mid terms, and that's further gonna people are gonna blame Trump for that to one, you know, uh, even some of the diehards and the former diehards. So that's you know, there are the Republicans are done. And honestly, uh honestly, I hope uh honestly, I hope Trump does get him keached because he should be. He should be removed from office, like not even as a matter of policy, like he's obviously he's obviously not competent. I mean, I know that's not probally, like he's not fit to for office because he's suffering from obvious dementia. I don't see anybody can argue otherwise, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's it's interesting to your point earlier about the sort of changeover within American Christianity and American culture. Writ large, Israel is extraordinarily unpopular. Support for Palestine over Israel is basically three to one under forty uh. The president's approval ratings are roughly exactly the same. It's it's pretty dire and at least according to again, you know, Joe Kent, and then others who show they're motivated. But it seems as if there is a growing unease sort of within Trump's immediate circle about how he's acting. Now, I say this as someone who recognizes that there have been people saying since twenty sixteen, this guy is senile, that he's insane, that he has you know, all sorts of you know, diseases or personality defects. And I say this is someone who did not think that was the case ten years ago. And he was a narcissist, he was a weird guy, but he was seemingly sharp, and now he's going on these sort of bizarre, sort of senile rants, which are, as I said earlier, driving wedges into his own base. Now, don't get me wrong. You know, the guy is pretty much pretty obviously moves off of instinct, and that carried him a while, but it seems as if he's kind of lost his edge and the fractures are starting to run up through his base into his amn Idi support network, right the people around him. Again, it's sort of hard to tell either way, because this is an issue on which almost anyone. Everyone has a motivation, right, everyone has something they're trying to sell you. But in my mind, when we look at the results, it bears out the idea that he is no longer the same canty political actor he was earlier. It's interesting as well to mention that there are several things coming up to the Supreme Court currently. Obviously, you have birthright citizenship, which is huge. I think that the chances of that going away are relatively low. But look, I'll be honest, if that's what we get out of the Trump presidency, I'll take it. You know, It's it's again. I have been surprised by the degree of subservient Zionism we've seen from the President in a second term, but there are still instances where I feel like we got more than I could have reasonably hoped for that does not put him in the black in my mind, but you know what, like you coal balls and strikes like that would be a win no matter who gave it to us. Similarly, another one is there's a specific part of the Civil Rights Act. This goes back to our earlier conversation about polarization within the US. I don't remember which section it might be Section two. Don't quote me on that. At the Civil Rights Act, which is basically mandated majority black districts in predominantly deep Southern states, which has led to these very bizarre, bizarre districts. Like if you look at like Mississippi, Louisiana, they look like spaghetti monsters because they have to meet that one hundred percent. If that goes away, you know, we will see a similar kind of counterbalancing force in the American South as far as that shakes out. So point is, those are two very big cases that have gone to the Supreme Court. I'm not a Supreme Court watcher, per se. I'm not necessarily the guy to go to on that. But that is other things to look for, other sort of major, you know, issues going on at once. The rise of Gavin Newsom has continued earlier when he was sort of floating his like about you know, right around the time of the wildfires a year and a half ago, you and I were fairly dismissive on his political chances. And I think that if Trump had sort of gone through the normal decay we see in a sitting president, you know, where there's no major scandal, there's no major war, Newsom is not a threat. However, we have to understand that we're reaching the point where quite literally anyone would you know, be a Republican challenger for any number of reasons. And Newsom is a very bizarre figure. But I think that there is a very real one hundred percent and you know, he is sort of a classic, you know, pressed in a mold, polished politician. But given the fact that we're coming out of in Trump and Biden, that probably serves him well, you know, just a sort of a you know, a return to form. But uh, I've not seen many other challengers. What's interesting within California, obviously, the race for the next governor has heated up. The Republicans were doing much better than previously expected. Uh, kind of earlier in the year. That has decayed. As you can imagine, Eric Swolwell has been ousted from politics due to a series of kind of bizarre and sordid sex scandals. Don't need to get into those. He had been kind of teflon for a while. Uh, he had had a relationship with and this is the name the DJ is using. I am not making fun of this woman for being Chinese, but Fang Feng, this Chinese woman that he had had an affair with. I don't think he's married at the time, so he'd had a fling with I guess was connected to Chinese intelligence. He'd completely skated on that. No charges, but this one really seems to have brought him down. It's sort of up for debate to what degree that was the machinations of the Trump administration versus inter DNC rivalry. He's up against another woman, Katie Porter, who is just kind of a relatively normal Democrat. She has I think beaten some of her staffers, which is pretty cool. You know, she throws hands when people don't give her her coffee on time. But again, it's California. We understand how this works. Other kind of stories across the US that are worth bringing up. The DJ is continued. It's kind of widespread Medicare medicaid fraud indictments, particularly going after California. We'll see on that front it's been relatively slow rolling. Other scandals within the Trump administration have been kind of sadly typical. You know, there was this one woman I cannot remember her name, it was something Spanish who got fired for again kind of petty corruption, you know, sex scandal stuff. And then cash Betel has also been at the center of other scandals. Now, as we said earlier with Orbon, I think it's important to draw distinction between our people mad because the administration is too right wing, or are they feeling fed up with corruption and fed up with this kind of costly and disastrous war in Iran. The narrative, particularly after Virginia, has basically been, oh, you know, progressive politics are back. This is what voters want. Of course, the people saying that would say that, you know, they are progressive liberal types. That's what they want to take from it. But I think what we're seeing is a much more basic, boring form of politics, which is basically, uh, the Trump administration is messing up on the kind of basic block and tackle politics and are being punished appropriately. A big rant for me, Thomas, but I'm curious what your thoughts are.
Speaker 1: No, that wasn't a rant, that was well placed. Yeah, I excuse me. New some sort of embodies the state of things, like the guy, the guy's a piece of ship and he's an empty suit. But in superficial terms, you know, the the the that the by the by the number is woke. Politics is dead and it's not coming back. You know, Newsom is a huge, uh, race trader, totally unprincipled piece of shit, typical regime apparatic. But you know he's a he's an old money California white guy who's married to a woman like himself. Like those those the optics that win in America. You know, you can't, you can't can't nominate bizarre d E D E I hires and and win. You know, I mean, don't gonna be wrong. I am the last person to suggests that there's real elections in America, because there's not. But as uh as the regime learned in twenty twenty, you've got you actually do have to have a mandate from the body politic that's at least a plurality. You know, you can't, uh, you can't just completely do away with UH, with the need for popular legitimacy and just declare that, you know, you're gonna enshrine whoever the inner party decides that they want out front as the as the face of the executive. That doesn't work, you know that there really doesn't even work in in in the global South, you know, in those terms. So yeah, and I mean I agree with you too. It's it's it's Trump and his cronies who will have elected Gavin News. I'm assuming he becomes the president, and I think he will be, and there's gonna be I think, Uh. On the one hand, as fatigue as people are with Trumpian corruption and his pathetic uh is his pathetic bitch made cow telling to the Zion of State, one of the one of the reasons for Trump's success, especially early on, was that he did bring a certain dynamism to UH presidential politics and the contest for the oval office that's really been that that's been that's been totally lacking since uh the Reagan era. And I think, UH, people are people are are gonna want that to continue, you know, And I think, uh, it's this is really too early to call because I'm speculating upon speculating, But I think Newsome is going to be the president. I think you may ever weell be uh a one term president, just because people are so bored by his typical kind of uh banality, which uh you know, they they can no longer get off on only to the reality show that was uh, you know, the decade of Trump. It's interesting to consider, you know, the uh there's almost like a curated uh. I mean if you look at these contests, uh, especially uh Bush v. Carrey and uh, you know then like uh Obama Romney, it's like it's tailor made to put people to sleep. You know. One of the weirdest things about Obama was, I mean, Obama's just like a bizarre person across the boarding with bizarre that they took this kind of nerdy, this guy who's propetial purposes. Obama's a nerdy Asian immigrant and they decided to pretend he's black. But also, Obama's just a boring guy. You know, there's there's nothing to him. You know, everything about him is boring. And uh when Trump had his mind, whether you loved or hated the guy, were indifferent to him, Trump wasn't boring and the way people responded to him wasn't boring, you know, and there is uh they're supposed to be. Uh. I don't think this is a good thing. But in America, the entire American presidential politics were were built on uh, you know, aggressive uh contests and and and real knockdown dragon fights and a certain dynamism bordering on hostility. The fact that you know, for Bays, the old generation that was just redacted, I mean that the regime fucked up by curating that too. You know, like you need that, you need some kind of Lincoln Douglas hostility. You know, you need you need uh, you need you need you need people. You need people that everyone loves to hate, like Missus Clinton, who are there to lose and build up you know, some some some populist type like Donald Trump. Like I think Trump's a fake populist, but he you know, he was writing a like I've always said, Trump, the guy wasn't that It isn't important. It's the silent majority asserting itself and uh also demanding a certain confrontational tenor and sensibility to be returned to the presidential politics. So I think, uh, I think the regime is gonna try to return to like pre Trump normalcy, like pre twenty sixteen normalcy. They're gonna install Newsome and he's gonna be a one term president, and you're gonna have a lot of people failing and kind of trying to like recapture that energy Trump had in twenty sixteen about realizing that Trump didn't just curate that he was riding the wave, and to his credit, he was doing so very effectively. Like Trump when he was on, he was a he was a master at interfacing with the media and exploiting both both legacy and new media. It's a great effect, you know. And I don't think they can beat the night, but that's you know, like I said, I I realize that that's highly speculative, but that's where I see things.
Speaker 2: All Right, Thomas, I think we have hit all the major news for the last two weeks. Unless I'm oh, actually, here's a here's a big piece of news. Uh Pinaferina has has dropped in. Uh In I think they're working with another shop. Uh a new NSX, not the like weird accurate abomination you've got a couple of years back, but it looks awesome. Uh. No one listening to this can afford it. But it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I love it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, when we're done, I'll send you the new new one, which is not an official car. It's it's a Pinaferena like prot like limited run. Looks like a new version of the old one.
Speaker 1: Looks awesome.
Speaker 2: The point is that's some other breaking news.
Speaker 1: Uh check that out.
Speaker 2: It's certainly more uh certainly more uplifting than anything else we've discussed. But Thomas, I know people can find you on substack. You've got your website and your YouTube channel where you've been, you know, posting more on that front. You and Pete have been doing some live streams more regularly. People can check that out. And also you were on the last episode to the Inquisition. I'll make sure to grab that. Did I miss anything?
Speaker 1: No, I started. I've had a Rumble premium account for a minute because it's only like ten dollars a month. I just started uploading stuff there and I'm gonna start uploading it mirrors my YouTube channel, but I'm also gonna start driving some fresh stuff there obviously, because there's no censorship there unless obviously you're you know, doing crazy things or threatening public officialdom. So I'm gonna start streaming someone there, and i want to start doing some collaborative stuff with Carl Doll and Andy Edwards, and I'm thinking Rumble is going to be the main platform for that, So check me out on Rumble too moving forward. But yeah, no, thank you for the plugs man.
Speaker 2: Definitely. As far as my stuff, you can find my show, The Jay Burton Show anywhere you listen to podcasts, Apple, Spotify, YouTube. The premium version, which is all the same episodes just two days earlier with no ads, is on Patreon, Substack, and gum Road. You want to support me, you head over to Fox and Soun's coffee use code Jay Burden at that wrong before get fifteen percent off. I drink it every day. It's pretty good. It's a way to show me some support again, Thomas, I appreciate it, and everyone at home keep your head up.