Speaker 1: Welcome to Buns and Banter, a podcast by work Busties for work Busties. Hey, I'm Lauren and I'm Ali. We're both morning show hosts for iHeartMedia. We're both millennials, and we're both trying to figure out how to build the lives we dream about, dating, marriage, career, career, and being a mom. How to get through a week without crying. Welcome to Buns and Banter. We're glad you're here. That's exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're just talking a little housekeeping stuff that we want to do on the pod this year.
Speaker 1: Places we want to go. Did it feel like it took you? Like we're into what would this be concerned? Like the second week of the new year? Right? Yeah? I think so. Do you feel like it took you a little beat? I feel much more go get them driven this week than I did last week. I felt like I was bob and underwater last week. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw a thing online that said, like, this is the time when people usually start giving up their New Year's resilus and I haven't even started yet.
Speaker 1: Which is perfect because how can we give it up if we haven't started it? We never leave room for disappointment. I kind of love.
Speaker 2: The idea of starting them in February, like just giving yourself January to sort of ease into the new year, and then like maybe starting to make some stuff happen in February.
Speaker 1: I told you we talked about it on our last episode, Dry January. You got to give me a dry June when there's nothing else to do. I think it's really hard to start resolutions in the dead of winter, Like it's it was seven this week, seven, dug grease. I'm not doing anything good for myself or others in seven degrees.
Speaker 2: They I saw something on the news that was like arctic blast headed our way.
Speaker 1: What has it been? What? I'm sorry? What what has it been?
Speaker 2: It's been consistently with wind chills in the single digits or below, temperatures in the teens. The highest temperature we've seen in the last like two weeks was like twenty six.
Speaker 1: Do you know what word makes me feel so cold? Clipper? Clipper system? Clipper. Doesn't that make you sound like, oh, don't walk outside, my nipples will cut your glass. Yeah, you really gotta get that pee. I hate flipper you to pound into that snow.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is so cold that I feel like my water in my house doesn't heat up as much. And now I'm starting to wonder if if everything in my because this isn't something that I noticed the first seven years living in my house, but just this winter, I'm noticing that I think my shower plumbing is on an outside wall, which in Michigan, I don't know about what it's like where you live, but in Michigan that's a big no no no plumbing in the outside wall.
Speaker 1: I think that your pipes will freeze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm like, is my water not heating up? Is there something wrong with my water heater? Is it because it's so cold out that it's just not heating up as much? I even went down to my hot water heater and turned up the temperature of the water. Yeah, did you know you can do that?
Speaker 1: I did. I have no idea how to. I'm so impressed with you right now.
Speaker 2: It's just like what it's like my water heaters, like the Fisher Price of water heaters. There's just like one little knob and it says water temperature and you can just like they made it, Female and Company.
Speaker 1: I bet that's what we need. Probably not, but thank you so much, seriously, No, I just feel like, and I know a lot of people were having the conversations this week about what you set your thermistat out. It's always a combo because I would rather freeze than pay more for a bill. And it's so wild because Chris Frickin' Chris put on a sweater, motherfire. I mean, I will come home and I'm like, wow, it's so comfy in here, and he gets so excited he goes, isn't it? And then I'll look across the living room and I see that thermostat said at seventy six and he messed with it, and I'm like, sir, what do you think we do for a living? I'm not out here, Jeff Bezo seeing my way through life. You need. I'm a sixty six to sixty seven girly. See I have gone up. That's when I get so nervous.
Speaker 2: Ins and outs for twenty twenty five. That's one of my outs for twenty twenty five is just being cold in my own.
Speaker 1: House, saving but being uncomfy, yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Like the amount of money that I'm saving is what a couple of dollars every single week. Like I'm just gonna pay the extra couple dollars now saving energy. You could probably still get me on that because I do care about Yeah, stand up for what you stand on.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Oooh, I have a T shirt that says that I stole it. My sister got it for me. I love that.
Speaker 2: But I just I'm not gonna be cold anymore. So now I'm a sixty nine girly.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's that is a privilege to me like that. There's certain days I'm like, ooh, it's a Saturday, I want to be spending some time inside. I might, I might sixty nine it, but that's rare. Honestly, the only time I ever feel bad. The other night, we were all sitting on the couch watching a movie and Sophia climbed in under a blanket and all of her like limbs were ice. I'm like, oh, I guess I'm to sixty seven? Is your Are you not circulating blood properly? That's the only time I've ever felt bad.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't think that there is much of a noticeable difference between like sixty seven and sixty eight and then sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is. There is really.
Speaker 2: Walking into my house, and maybe it's just because it's so cold outside that like any noticeable difference just feels so warm and cozy. But I feel like I can tell and I'm like, it is so much nicer in here.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe I'll have to research this. Maybe that's why I'm such a crab, a curmudgeon woman. You're cold all that. I'm cold all the time. I'm cold, and I love I think I brought this up. I love sitting in a hot car in the summertime. Ooh, there is something about that. I love being hot, dude, there is something about that. Oh my gosh, do your feet get cold? Yeah? I have terrible circulation, but you had.
Speaker 2: I saw something on TikTok the other day. It was an acupuncturist and she was talking about if you're a woman and your feet are always cold, then you probably have a cold uterus. What And I was like, pardon me, what a cold uterus? I have no idea, Like it's inside you, but it's cold.
Speaker 1: How does that even? I don't know if.
Speaker 2: That was just like her term or if that's like a literal thing, like you want to move to the Google.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can take a temperature of a uterus. I don't know. I don't know, but she was like, yeah, you know, get it checked out.
Speaker 2: If you're a plan on having kids and you got cold feet, you might have cold uterus.
Speaker 1: What wow, oh oh oh. I mean. So I'm gonna start by saying, this is AI that pulled this term and says it's primarily primarily used in traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture. Yeah, it says it describes a condition where the uterus is believed to have poor blood flow, potentially impacting fertility.
Speaker 2: Great, just another thing to add to the list of things I lay awaken.
Speaker 1: Not a worry about medical diagnosis in the Western hemisphere. Well, we don't know what we're doing over here. Herbal remedies and dietary modifications can help blood flow to the pelvic area. Let me tell you about my algorithm on Google right now. Speaking of pelvic area I've been having I have been having these tummy issues. I've been telling my Girali all about this, yeh, and the stuff that I've googled in the last seven days, Like my phone must think that I am just a trash human that should finally drop and just go six feet under. There's so much good that I've never had this issue with before, And I'm like, is this late thirties? I guess I have a trouble saying I still think I'm in my mid thirties. I still say mid thirties. Not till April do I hit late thirties. But I'll tell you, I feel like my body is backfiring big on how I've treated it the first thirty some years of my life. I don't know what else we could have done. I mean, I guess we could have worked out. I eat fruit and vegetables. You eat fruit, I do. I think I'm pretty good about my fruit. But I am like TMI moment on the pod. You remember that doll when we were younger, it was called the like pea pants Polly. No, maybe that was just like my little tiny piece of nineties. That's exactly how I feel like. If I'm going to have something to eat, I need to be next to a facilitate. That has been the last seven days of my life interesting. And everybody's nervous. They were like, it's neurovirus, because that's everywhere right now. It is, But I don't feel terrible all the time.
Speaker 2: You know what I don't understand about neural virus is that everything they say that, like hand sanitizer, it's very contagious. Yep, very very contagious, and they a lot of like regular cleaners don't kill the bacteria along with the virus.
Speaker 1: It's anti hand sanitizer.
Speaker 2: And hand sanitizer is supposed to ninety nine percent of germs. I guess neurovirus is the one percent that it doesn't kill. But you know what does kill the germs, soap and water. Explain that to me, I can't.
Speaker 1: Did you know you can get neurovirus from food? What? I didn't know that either. My friend just got neurovirus. Her doctor said she's a neuro virus yeah, and she was like, I don't. He's like, does anyone else in your house have it? And she said no, and he's like, okay, try to like keep yourself away, bleach everything. She goes, then, how had I have gotten? And he goes, well, you can get it from food too. I'm like, everything in this world is aimed to hurt us. Listen.
Speaker 2: I really want to keep eating out at restaurants and going places, but if y'all don't wash your hands, I'm gonna stop coming.
Speaker 1: Ooh I'm gonna stop coming. You know, I've had salmonella and you have to use soap. You have to use soap. Oh normally, it's so funny. You say that, so normal. We teach our kids like you only say nice things about other people, right, I'll tell you. When my son came home the other day from first grade and pointed out a certain kid in his class that only kind of washes his hands and doesn't use soap, I was like, that's disgusting, buddy, and you're not gonna get in trouble for talking about it. You tell that kid man what it takes one. It takes a little patient zero ask him.
Speaker 2: Tell will to go back and ask that kid if he thinks the earth is round or flat.
Speaker 1: I just want to know. I just want to know. Oh my god, there's seven babes. I love the use.
Speaker 2: There are signs, there are it's best to get out of it, it really is.
Speaker 1: But we're still We're still carrying on. We're still you and I And I'm afraid to say it out loud like it'll jink said.
Speaker 2: We try, We try. I really want to talk about TikTok, but I just I don't want to doom spiral.
Speaker 1: I you know my feeling. I think it's gonna be saved. You don't think it's going away? Like confident enough. I would almost place money on it. I just don't have any money.
Speaker 2: If it is saved, though, do you think people will stay on it? Because now everyone's so excited about the Red note app, which is also a Chinese owned company, So I don't feel like, you know, maybe another couple of years before they try to ban that one.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah. And like we're pretty certain now that it was Mark Zuckerberg who lobbied to have TikTok shut down, like he was the one who spent all that money to get it like axed. Like we're sure about that, right, I think? I mean I don't looked through public records, but right it would make sense. Nor would we, nor would who has the time we're posting to TikTok. We're in the bathroom, we're washing our hands. That's so we're busy. No, I think it's gonna get saved. I think it's gonna be It's gonna be part celebrity and part one of the big like entrepreneur name people. I love TikTok. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's my comfort app. It's where I go and scroll when I have nothing to do, you know, I have my comfort creators.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just I like it.
Speaker 2: I like creating content on there because I don't feel like I have to be as put together or as buttoned up or you know, even as professional on TikTok. And I feel like you really got to come with your A game on Instagram. Facebook, I feel like, you know, I'm like talking to my mom and like my aunts and like my family. So I feel like I'm comfortable on Facebook. But can I say that if TikTok goes away, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To be sad.
Speaker 2: But I long for a more nostalgic time when we didn't have so many social media platforms.
Speaker 1: Preach mm hm. I put that up on my TikTok this week. By the way, Ash Schmidt underscore in the mid I'm still not to the point where I can go live because it has taken me forever to rebuild that dang pull latform. But I just I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted with it. It is a constant running list in my head every single day of what have I already posted to today? What do I need to post to today and have I done enough to make that matter in the algorithm. I don't know how social media coordinators for a company or a business do it. Yeah, NonStop, well, every because it's a full time job. That's fair, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: It's a full time in my opinion, I know that it's not treated that way in a lot of places, like for a lot of people, they have a full time job like marketing director or account executive or whoever, and then they just like tack on social media to that. In my opinion, social media director is a full time job, and you probably should have some subordinates in a department like social media should now be a department.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And I get nervous doing anything out in public because I feel like I'm gonna get posted to that influencers in the wild. Yes, I don't. Yes, and we do and do that.
Speaker 2: We do so much stuff for work. I feel pretty comfortable moving in a professional way, but there is something about being on location in a place and having to shoot social media in front of people, Yes, and especially by myself. If I have another person there with me to hold the camera or talk with me or do something with me, I'm more comfortable. It's like us doing social media together on location, totally different to me, I'm way more comfortable doing that than just being totally by myself solo at a location trying to shoot content.
Speaker 1: I'm straight up introverted. As soon as it happens, I'm like, oh god, everybody, yes, yeah, very cringe to me.
Speaker 2: Somebody asked me today on the Live if I ever get like self conscious doing the Lives because the camera is on you twenty four to seven. It catches every little move, and I was like, well, I've never thought about that, but yeah, I guess now, I am what.
Speaker 1: Did you just see that? You're what just triggered that? I'm so sorry? Am I ever self conscious? Or the easier answer would be when am I not self conscious when I'm sleep? I guess even then, because I had the most ridiculous sorry quick pivot butt dial ever I never have like accidental butt dials. And I had just gotten off the phone with one of our sales reps, and apparently at some point during my after the show nap, I rolled over and called them and all they heard on the other end was my like heavy breathing and slobbering into the speaker to the point where I jolted away because they were yelling, are you all right? Yeah, it's a medical emergency. That would be self conscious when I sleep now as well, I would be.
Speaker 2: I would think that there was something wrong, like maybe you were in a place where you couldn't talk.
Speaker 1: Yep, Ben kidnapped in the trunk of a car, unable to kick out the tail light. That's exactly where I would go if I gotta call like that from you too. Nope, just napping like the waal. I am amongst my comforter, with absolutely no idea that I'd called someone so fair to say self conscious about everything, especially TikTok in public.
Speaker 2: You said, comforter, you want to talk about luxury? Ooh, I got two and I'm the same bed on the same bed. Oh my, and I can only I can only have both of my comforters, and I have a Then I have a Okay, so I have my fitted sheet, and then I feel like I'm the last millennial on the face of the earth that uses a top sheet.
Speaker 1: I live for a top sheet.
Speaker 2: Jimmy gives me so much grief about the top sheet. He doesn't use one at his house. When we're at his house, there isn't one. It's just the fitted sheet and the comforter and like blankets and stuff.
Speaker 1: Gross, you're not in college anymore. Got a top sheet? It comes in the bag, I know. And like that's his house, that's his space.
Speaker 2: Like I don't really care, but I'm like, what are we gonna do when we move in together? I think we're just gonna have to get We're gonna have to do that. Like where is it Sweden where they each have like their own bed linens. They share a bed, but they each have their own stuff. Yes, I think we're gonna have to do that because when he's not sleeping at my house. Fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket mm hmm, comforter number one, comforter number two, Oh, blanket on top.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would sleep over so hard at your house. I it's like a cocoon. That's an oasis, it is.
Speaker 2: And I don't you'd think that I would love a weighted blanket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't. But you like the feeling of a couple of comforters and that kind of airy weight. Yeah, I think that's interesting. I thought about getting a weighted blanket. But I feel like your hack might be even better. I got my grandma awaited blanket.
Speaker 2: She hated it. Pro tip they come in different weights. Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: You can get like a five pound weighted blanket. You can get a ten pound weighted blanket. You can get a fifteen pound weighted blanket. I just went and got a weighted blanket from Target because she said she wasn't sleeping well and I read online that that might help, yep, and she was. She gave it back to me. She was like, I can't do it. It's it's like it's suffocating. And it was like a fifteen pound weighted blanket on your grandma and this is like a tiny, like ninety four year old woman. I was like, no, shit, you're being crushed.
Speaker 1: You're being crushed. Yeah, but they're not good for your circulation. I have read Oh well, you know what, Like I said, everything in the world seems to be at you right now, So give me my weighted blanket, my cold uterus and whatever is happening in my pelvic area, and I'm just going to deal.
Speaker 2: I just think you get to a certain point where these are these are things that you just have to live with and accept.
Speaker 1: Now this positive podcast, Brodie thought the calm app or something that's really I don't like to hear. I don't like to know what could be happening with your body, Like I said the stuff I googled. I'm either not drinking any water at all, or I have a stomach tumor. Yeah, so I've left you of my things. If that's the case. Oh, thank don on a little loose leave piece of paper. You bequeathed me. I bequeathed you, yank you. Oh my god, I'm leave you my comforters too. You can be sleeping like five deep, babe. Oh my god, Oh my god, talk about the dream. Do I have the gall to do one more? I believe in you? Oh? I feel like that would be too much. I would be too hot. I want to stuckle right in there. See and then you can lower your thermostat to my wonderful sixty six. Save money. Honey, you're twenty twenty five. Just became the most successful moment of your life. Everything's coming up aally Mac these days,