Speaker 1: So hey, we do that in honor of Dave Jenning's not here. I came back for my first day back for vacation. He's like, I can't still handle Vannetti. I guess, so he's going. He's good, he's gone. Uh So before we set what's happened? Uh for the show? As we roll through our Monday, rainy Monday, as we come back, I'm still my brain is still on the beach.
Speaker 2: So he got that Dwight Whitten beach depression last night.
Speaker 1: I did. It started in the afternoon and I sat on the couch and I was glad it was raining because I hate him when it's sunny, and also I want to do his land the couch and be depressed. Even though I love my job, I love coming here everybody I work with, but there was from for some reason, that beach time. It got my soul.
Speaker 2: Dude, it does, man, So it doesn't look and every other vacation you've always been the jackass. They go, yeah, it was good. I was ready to come back, and I've never understood that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, all right. Activist Quintes Brown, you remember who that is.
Speaker 2: Yes, he tried to kill Mary Greenberg.
Speaker 1: Yes, him and three other employees. So he walked into that office in Butchertown. What was the date October?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm sorry, August thirteenth. No, I can't remember the date. No, it's February fourteenth, twenty twenty two. I apologize. So Valentine's Day. Wow, they would have called that the.
Speaker 2: The Valentine's Day massacre. That's right, So it's taken it upgrades. Obviously we've talked about this before. When you try to kill a candidate, yeah, that's running for office. It now becomes a federal charge unless you unless you're judged.
Speaker 1: Julie Kay, yes, yes, okay, So it's a federally protected rite in discharging a firearm during a violent crime and attempting to kill a candidate for an elected office.
Speaker 2: Now, can I say something though? Sure in af airness, it was a mostly peaceful assassination stuff.
Speaker 1: So Quintes Brown. So remember there was a big hullaballoo hullabaloo or uh yeah, hullabaloo. There was a lot of hullabaloo around. Remember he got out like a day after he was arrested, like that. He was walking out in the middle of the night and we were like, wait a minute, just try to mass murder four people and he is out on the streets. So people were screaming and yelling, going what is wrong with our judicious system? So then quis Dan Brown, people were trying to say mentally that he was not a sane person, which, by the way, this is an individual that mostly was propped up by activists as the next great Metro Council person. It was going to run for Metro Council, and that he was the new answer Quintes Brown. He was the voice in the face of the new generation of activism, and then all of a sudden, he's crazy. Same people that said new voice in face of activism was saying, oh, no, no, no, he's got mental issues. Did you know that when you were propping him up for the Metro Council in the newest faced of activism? Is that what you're saying if you are going to defend somebody that comes in and tries to mass murder for people, because what was it a hate crime? I wouldn't say yes, because there was some stuff on his websites that said certain things.
Speaker 2: It's antisemitics on his website.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So and we're friends with Craig. All right, don't try to kill our friends. So he finally said, you know they were going to get.
Speaker 2: Away with what we got Greenberg?
Speaker 1: Now, oh we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still friends with Greenberg.
Speaker 1: You're fired. Uh we try to talk about a running from mayor Craig.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? You're happy? Family is great?
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I want to I want to inherit this.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes when you're mayor long enough or whatever you're doing, that you just have these printed answers for any questions and then their thingking about they're thinking about finances for their own home, and the answers are flowing out right of what they're We want the entire community to stay safe, if not just one neighborhood. And we'll continue with the police and introduced and those answers just come from all right, I digress. Here we go. So he played guilty on Friday in federal courts. That means he will guarantee he will serve fifteen to eighteen years in prison.
Speaker 2: Now, I think federal time, you have to serve ninety percent of it.
Speaker 1: Pretty close, pretty close, pretty close.
Speaker 2: Good, Well, you know why, because it went to a federal court and now allows the liberal Louisville judge correct by Julie Kayln. Listen, I find who judge Julie Kaylin got it? Hey, Zillo, I can't believe this, but there's times that we're in the one million dollars. Starter homes are now the norm. They they've been the norm in a lot of cities. A one million dollar starter home is now the norm in two hundred and thirty seven US cities. Wow, A Zillo did this study of the real estate deal. You know, according to the Zillo, the starter home is now considered the lowest third home value. You know, you get a starter home in a mansion winter in two hundred and thirty seven cities. The typical starter home is now worth at least one million dollars or up. It used to be just in twenty nineteen, it was just eighty four cities that had that. Now it's two hundred and thirty seven cities. California is the most of these million dollar starter homes in that state. There's one hundred and seventeen cities where a starter home costs you are a million or more. That's up from just fifty three in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so young couples are straddled with student loans that are having issues. But all also, let's look at the houses that were built right after the Second World War. I lived in a neighborhood in Saint Matthew's Colonial Drive, and they were all built right after the war forty five, forty six, forty seven, early fifties, and they were those small little I mean, the kitchen was small, two bedrooms, and but the but the upstairs you could go you could do another bedroom upstairs. When you walk upstairs, you go to the right and there's it looks like an attic, but it's not. It's a it's a bedroom. And then in the basement, they all had basements, but they were small, and they were cheap. If you look at something, you look up some of the old ads, they were literally like twenty five hundred dollars for a house. And then when we when this is twenty something years ago, those houses were selling for seventy seventy five, one hundred or eighty thousand dollars. This is in St. Matthew's And now those houses, fix them up a little bit, are going for three hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. But there's nobody. There's no home builders. And I'm talking to you all that used to be home builders before you got out in two thousand and eight and the crashes and all that that will build these small starter homes for families. Well, the all they're good doing is trying to build those MC mansions, right, the seven hundred thousand to a million dollar guys.
Speaker 2: Well, yes and no, you're right on both counts, But yes and no. Some of them are building shotgun shacks that a lot of people came home to. But the problem is they're putting in these high rent districts where a shotgun shack is going to cost you two hundred grand. Later in this study it said that the typical outside of these two hundred and thirty seven cities where the starter home is going to cost you one million dollars. They said, across the US, the typical starter home now costs just under two hundred thousand dollars at one hundred ninety six thousand, six hundred and eleven, which I think is high. My first house was fifty nine thousand dollars is what I spent from you.
Speaker 1: Well again, sold for forty third I did this. I did this on Facebook and got a huge reaction of you know I people want to go back thirty years and say, well, the nineteen nineties you didn't have to deal with this, and they're like, it's so expensive. I go, okay, you want to use thirty years. Let's go back thirty years. Yeah, I went back fifty seven. I said the average price of a house in nineteen fifty seven was ten thousand dollars. The average price in nineteen eighty seven, when I graduated from high school was one hundred and twenty seven thousand. That's ten or eleven times what it was thirty years ago. At least you're not dealing with that.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: If it was ten times, it would be a million or something dollars for your starter home. That's not the case. So, yes, inflation will always have its leaps, and it did. It leapt up to where it is and it's not going back. The prices don't come down, and once they go there, they stay there. So we'll have to deal with it and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Amazon Alexa can now help Jen. It can help define gen Z's slang for us confused old folks.
Speaker 1: I don't want to understand. I don't either, man, I don't I want. I pray for ignorance, and some people believe that prayer has been answered.
Speaker 2: It has been.
Speaker 1: Dumb people are happy. See you're The thing is you're not dumb. See the thing is you play the dumb guy. I don't know, but we know you're smart because you are. You You're very Look, dumb people are happy in general, that's true. Tell they don't know what they don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I'm so dumb I didn't get the dumb god blessing though I'm too dumb to understand that dumb blessing that it's.
Speaker 1: The Italian guy. Hey, you don't know what you don't know? You know, yes, since you don't know, but you don't know.
Speaker 2: Here's some of the terms that Alexica now define that gen Z uses that us old folks don't know. I would have figured this one out. Low key something subtle.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, something subtle. It's low key the party slow key.
Speaker 2: It's key.
Speaker 1: It's low key.
Speaker 2: That's nothing.
Speaker 1: It's not a big deal. Low key. It is like cringeworthy, right, we get that. Okay, slay, oh slay. My daughter says it all the time. It's when it's awesome. Something's awesome to do that sleigh.
Speaker 2: Show off with pride is what it means.
Speaker 1: Uh is fire on this, that's fire riz.
Speaker 2: When we had uh, when we had Maddie on here, she said that I had Riz. That's swagger and charisma.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's total lie.
Speaker 2: No, I got swagger. I got Jimmy swagger.
Speaker 1: Charisma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got charisma. Okay, who could ask for anything more? Uh? Math is matching. That makes something means logical of sense.
Speaker 1: That's what's the term.
Speaker 2: The math is matching.
Speaker 1: That's like I've never heard of it. I haven't either, But I haven't heard of gen Z's not saying.
Speaker 2: That saus is short for suspicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's sus. That's just an abbreviation suspicious. That's just yeah, it's just a.
Speaker 2: A cap is to lie.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I know either. Slaps Uh slaps describe something being a hit slaps.
Speaker 1: The word lie gets a bad rap, it does. Lying is important for the human nature.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the cornerstone of all healthy marriages. Did we say that on you?
Speaker 1: A healthy little lie is better than a harmful truth?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey? Rick? Can you can you call the the plate glazing place and have that. Well how's that saying? Go again?
Speaker 1: Uh A, A little lieu is better than a hurtful truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you can you call the plate glazing people and get that glaze on a plate for us? Rick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sound that's sound advice right there?
Speaker 2: Thank you. Look the plates we're getting in this student too, all from us.
Speaker 3: Maybe they should etch it in the showcase window.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be really good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: People walk by and there it is.
Speaker 2: Well, go ahead and call the glass etching people too. Knownless, I didn't see etching etching. Hey, get hey, get them glass edging people over here.
Speaker 3: Glass etching r us Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, don't call etching etch and etching. They're horrible. Okay, nothing but etching, they're good. Uh. Drip a drip is to be stylish. The drip was derogatory, nor don't be such a drip.
Speaker 1: Dip or drip drill. Yeah, drip was in the sixties, right, I think.
Speaker 2: So let's do two more. Airing is to ignore spelled a I R Okay when you say words, I have to ask because I don't know what drink you think I got. You gotta truby in my phone. Yeah, my country ass going. How do you spell hypothermia?
Speaker 1: You do the same thing, Jackie does. They talk louder and hold the phone closer to their mouth when they're doing talk to text.
Speaker 2: That's because my phone can't understand my country.
Speaker 1: Actually, the thing is designed for it to be farther away and talk like you're talking right now. That's how it works.
Speaker 3: Better.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Let was chase the square real quick.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So remember when I had the flu two weeks ago, and I would tell I looked at some of my messages and they were incoherent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you.
Speaker 2: Couldn I was reading to go, what the hell am I trying to articulate here?
Speaker 1: You know? You sent a couple of pictures to out of it?
Speaker 2: Did it look pretty big? Or anyway? Getting off topic, Getting off the topic, Getting off the topic. It's all about the angle and shadowing. But anyway, getting off the topic. So what I realized when I didn't have a fever, when I was talking to text, if I had the television on.
Speaker 1: It picked it up, It picked it up correct.
Speaker 2: And I started thinking, oh my gosh, what if I would have been because I talked to text while posting a lot. Ye, what if I was listening to like ice Cube or you know, or something that had derogatory words.
Speaker 1: In it and it picked it up Jackie does it man, And sometimes it's just like for four words and I'll go just type it out, why did you hear the boop boop? And then she goes blah blah blah blah blah blah, and then and then she goes turn it.
Speaker 2: But what if I was watching like an adult film and it picked up some of the dialogue on there.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be probably no one would notice.
Speaker 2: Well, I got, oh, that's that's true too. Who do we have?
Speaker 1: Uh? Shady rays?
Speaker 2: Baby? I love my shady rays. I wear them even when the sun doesn't shine because I wear the color Rush. What's the advantage of color Rush? All of the colors? They are so much more bright and vibrant. Even the yellow lines on the road just pop out at you when you're wearing your color Rush. And now they have them and aviators, which is my favorite style frame and shady rays. Here's another little tidbit for you. If you have a golfer in your life, or maybe you're a golfer, go by. I want you to actually go by the physical store in the ox More Center and look at the Greenwolf series. The Greenwolf series is gonna help you find that green It's specifically designed for golfers. Every golfer I recommend to this too has thanked me. You will too. How about this fifty percent off two or more pair when you use code whas that's in store at the ox Morph Center or online at shady raise dot com. If you lose them, if you break them and scratch them, even if they're stolen, they replace them. Shady Raise, I love mine, You're gonna love yours two shady rais dot com. Stick around one more. Check out our money with Courtney Donahoe News Radio eight forty Whas.
Speaker 1: Courtney Dunnahoe with the Bloomberg Money manu it today is today's I think? Is today National Chicken Wing Day or something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why do you know your chicken wing?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Boneless? Or with bone?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Bone in?
Speaker 2: Do you like bone in?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Non answering.
Speaker 1: Do you remember how the wings were in the original with the original hot they would use butter and hot sauce. Yeah, and that was in and you just fried wings up and you ate, and we went to a place. Our advice for Florida is our chef Buddy said, the crappier the looking restaurant, the better the food.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, that's advice.
Speaker 1: And if it's going to gravel Lot, best food you're gonna eat. So we we we went to the crappiest place on that strip in Saint Augustine. Guess what best damn food?
Speaker 2: Exactly. Two of our friends that we meet up with in Cobbo orever from Buffalo, and I asked him, I said, Hey, what are people in Buffalo call Buffalo wings? Wings? Nobody? Nobody says Buffalo Wings Wang. Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, I there's this place many many years ago a friend of mine said, I'm going to take you to this place in Queens under the subway. Well, it's the overheaded elevated train, right, we'll still call it the subway anyway, and the place is called Dirty Piers. I walk into this place and I'm like, oh my goodness, right, this is really shady. Yeah, looks it has like the it looks like Bollywood decorated underneath the train, right, it just has everything and sticky floor, sticky everything. So I'm like do I really want to eat here?
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, trust me, trust me.
Speaker 4: So he's like, it's going to be the best muscles and fries you're ever going to have, and the most amazing spicy pasta. And he's like, I'll just order one of each. It's going to be enough to split for like four people, so it'll be it'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was quite honestly, probably the best meal.
Speaker 1: Like I told you, it's great advice down, Yeah, because the nicer the place, the more touristy, they're spending more money on what you're looking at. If there's a giant crab, automatic crab is going crame ran in here, it's the food. They're not going to spend the money on the fold.
Speaker 4: No, No, but this place is great.
Speaker 2: I have to go.
Speaker 4: It's not that it's actually not that far from City Field, where the Mets play, and also coming up soon is the US Open tennis, and it's right over and near there some forest hills.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so today's wing day. I like their traditional fried bone in hot sauce. That's me. I do like some dry rub maybe every once in a while, but mostly just the regular Friday.
Speaker 4: No, the regular stuff is good. Actually, one of my neighbors makes the most amazing wings. So now I'm like, I forget, I'm not going to go anywhere. I'm going to have him make it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guaranteed.
Speaker 5: He's the CEO of a company, not like he has things to do, right right, so's he's the CEO of Mirrham Webster And I'm like, dude, you make the best ever.
Speaker 4: I know you have a lot of work on your hands or whatever, but if you can throw in some wings for me, I'd be quite delighted. So it's it's perfect. So yeah, but there's going to be deals, promotions, offers, Buffalo Wow Wings, Wingstop, Appleby's seven to eleven.
Speaker 1: Even all day today offering all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you're in a little wings from bar Nose.
Speaker 4: Do you do you like? Oh yeah, maybe sponsor Yeah, and you're due? Are you having it in your Southern comfort hot tub?
Speaker 1: Probably wearing his shady race and one of the ones tequila with his We grow hair, Indy hair.
Speaker 2: That's right. I can't wait till we meet each other. Since you can run your toes through my hair, Indy, It's like a thick shag car. But you're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for just the Facebook pictures of us in your house.
Speaker 2: I can't, my lord, can't.
Speaker 4: It's going to be the craziest day. You have to like mentally prepare.
Speaker 1: My Oh yeah, there's no doubt.
Speaker 4: Forget about the physical proper like Rocky.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're just like, oh my god, Tony and Dwhite's coming to the house. And Denise Pellegrino volunteering your mom to cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about that. The other day to see you, I was in the office on Friday. She's like, She's like, yeah, they're all coming to your house.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: I said, yes, I'm well aware.
Speaker 1: I just have to move. We'll just be banging on the front door. The next door neighbor going they moved.
Speaker 2: You got any goodness?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Nina, by the way, my neighbor should suld be laughing out like, who.
Speaker 1: Are these clowns up?
Speaker 2: She sounds hot. Nina hot.
Speaker 4: Nina's my next door neighbor. Oh, she's she's very, very pretty.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wanted to picture intro.
Speaker 2: I need a picture. Send me that intro.
Speaker 4: Nina's got And Nina also works for Equinox the gym, so she's also, so yes, so Nina, you guys won't be too old for though.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of women with daddy issues. We're in so.
Speaker 4: Good news. Let me give you good news. So a lot of college graduates are having a lot of trouble trying to find jobs. But if you are looking for a job, there are some smaller cities, especially in the South, that are standing out for their hiring peril provider ADP. They tell the Wall Street Journal, Raleigh, Austin, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Charlotte are the most promising locations. Really, you're a young person. Yeah, And do you know what is another good piece of news? Say goodbye to the office birthday party?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: For years of remote work, a lot of people don't want to rag themselves in anymore than they have to. Others tell the Wall Street Journal they hate all the hoopla around it, so companies are instead sending out notes or gift cards instead.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for this younger generation because I was trying to tell my son there today, I said, you don't know, I said, when we were in our twenties and thirties, I said, every one of the office was like, where are we going? Because we always went somewhere after work, like somebody would say, and then we just meet there. And it was every day Monday through Friday. We would meet after work for drinks every day every day. And then I said, and then now you can't get people to show up for a Christmas party. It's one day a year for the office to get to get together. And everybody goes, oh, where is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, every Thursday we used to go out there, big night going out, Yes, and we would plan it every Thursday, and we knew where we were going. We were going to Moran's like it was the same optime.
Speaker 2: I'm much pronouncing it that I thought it was more on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the market. We are down a tad bit on all three.
Speaker 4: We've come back from. I mean it was it was much much better earlier today. But we do have a big test for tech stocks this week. We have a number of giants reporting results, including Microsoft, Facebook, Parent Meta, Amazon, and Apple. Right now, the Dow is down one hundred and thirty six points, the S and P five hundred, falling two ten. With the news radio eight forty wha s Bloomberg money report, I'm Courtney Donaho.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Tony and Dwight Show, brought to you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please buckle up, put the phone down, and obviously in this heat, check the back seat for your kids. Still leave a child in a car. If I see want a dog or a child in a car, I will smash the window and save that visual. That's what's gonna happen in the law is on my side.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I could smash your window.
Speaker 2: It's the Busted Window Act of now eighteen thirty four.
Speaker 1: I might save the child and steal your laptop, right, I save the child?
Speaker 2: Is the point? Well, chances are if you're that stupid, you don't need a Here's why I think it's stupid. They always say, put something important in the back seat, like your phone, to remind you that your child has bad That act that was actually a thing I know. Put something important in your back seat like your phone to remind you of your child's back there. All right?
Speaker 1: How old do you think they have an anniversary of the celebrating anniversary this year? How old do you think the outlet Chapez of the Bluegrass in Simpsonville.
Speaker 2: Is been there two times?
Speaker 1: You've only been there twice.
Speaker 2: Both of them will pick up vans. You know, my checkerboard shoes van.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna go. I'll tell you when they're your drug running Days you sent him pick up a van?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, so I think Days was a little bit past that. Oh okay, sorry, that was Guntown Mountain War.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Uh, I want to go twenty years, twenty two decades.
Speaker 1: It's been open for ten years. God, it's spent over ten years. But geez, you just stop smoking. I don't smoke smoking weed, stop it.
Speaker 2: I don't go shopping whose shops.
Speaker 1: I go to the outlet shop ads all the time.
Speaker 2: So I did go by and uh see my buddy Adam Arrington over at Jefferson Jefferson Animal Hospital last week. Now, look, and I saw the Jefferson Mall sign. Yes, I didn't go by, but I'm like, I wonder how many stores.
Speaker 1: Are actually I've been over there.
Speaker 2: Is there any stores open? So sad because that's the only place, you know.
Speaker 1: We went to one in Indianapolis that look exact colect Jefferson Mall, and they have fences around most of the stores and they turned the Dillards. The only thing open in the entire mall was a Dillards. And they just did an outlet shop like a just a like selling stuff for discount, and they have the escalators all blocked off, and it's like I called it the sketchy Dillard's and Indianapolis. And it was a scary, stinky, dusty place and people were going in and out, but the rest of it looked like you know the apocalypse, you know, where there's fence around the mall. It was messed up.
Speaker 2: If I were a rich man, If I were a rich man, if I was, I wouldn't buy the Jefferson Mall turn into my house.
Speaker 1: Why did they put another p in the shops outlet shop? Ass? Does it make it more fancy?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah? Uh? Rick?
Speaker 1: Can you answer that? Why do they put an extra P in there?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'll tell you I miss Johnny Rockett's not being there anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, Johnny Rockets is a Burger joint in the outlet shop as Yeah.
Speaker 3: A Chinese place now, I think.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, that burger joint was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: So the eighties eighties door so that the rep was your question? Yeah, you see Tony. The extra P in Greek mythology means it's the best. It's like the last supper of of outlet malls when you put an extra p in there and it's Greek.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way, if you get off the trans the blue guy was the blue guy? The hell was I just we started laughing, what is going on?
Speaker 2: I thought it was Papa Smurve known.
Speaker 1: With naked, but now we know when Baba's looked like naked.
Speaker 2: You know, I've always.
Speaker 1: It was so wild. It was like great until right at the end and you're like what why did they have to do this? And then we were like the only answer where is the French. The French invented French kissing. Okay, like the whole world would kiss like this, lips lips, And then the French were like no, no, no, no, put the tongue in there.
Speaker 2: They also invented start swirling your tongue. They also invented the white flag, which is very popular around war time.
Speaker 1: By the way, just let you know, America doesn't exist without the French, you know that, right if they don't get involved in livolutionary war with their AMMO, their men in their boats. We don't exist. And remember all the women wore underwear that were exactly the same until the French came up with that French French cut, the French cut underwear, and we were like, we're all like in the eighties going what is this shows the whole leg goes what do you mean it shows the leg that goes all the way what do you mean it goes all the way up?
Speaker 2: It's it's just a string. And they they practically invented the side butt.
Speaker 6: They don't even have them like outfronts. You have to go in the back. With the French cut panties. You gotta go behind a curtain. You gotta go behind a curtain, like we're all the good ehs.
Speaker 1: Up until then, it was just like one design that was it for under women's underwear. It was awful.
Speaker 2: And then women's underwear where they go all the way down on the knees. They had like the fuzzy stuff.
Speaker 1: Parents is one of the greatest cities in the world.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, you get the same thing at King's Eye.
Speaker 1: I have a friend, redneck guy, ninth grade education, but he's a millionaire. Just a millionaire. Well, he earned his own way he made his He made his money on his own right. Said he was afraid to go to Paris because he was gonna he thought, I'm gonna get no fight because these people are going to be a holes. He came back, he goes, yeah, I bought a town home. He goes, it's it's the greatest city.
Speaker 2: What is he like? Stinky women?
Speaker 1: He goes by the way because he's a smoker. By the way, He's like, dude, they encourage smoking.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 1: There's ash trees on the in the restaurant. He goes, he goes, the French were like you whipping a cigarette out there lightning for you.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I wanted to go on vacation by the run. Had to go somewhere has stinky people and women.
Speaker 1: You're soon nothing.
Speaker 2: I like nothing better to make love to us woman and smell the DeDeo.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. The French people are like, no, no, no, you could stay stay there, Dwight in Middletown next to the roosters their Paris, France. And he's like, I'll I almost stay here in Middletown next to roosters and five o two hemp by my by my beeping.
Speaker 2: Hey, this here. Welcome to speaking French with Lance McGarvey. Today's word is polly voo franseie. Now you try it, polly vou franseie.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. How did we miss? How do we miss? Lance McGarvey reports on the new reports on the Paris He's got he's got to be our correspondent. Got how do we miss that?
Speaker 2: We I'll reach out to him today. Well, one guy ran with the stick put in the ground. Hey, went way up in the air and flipped over another stick. That was exciting. What was the score score?
Speaker 1: Now I can't get naked Papa Smurf out of my head. I can't get it out of there. So outlet Shopez of the Bluegrass tenth anniversary eighty stores and draws three point five million visitors a year.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, wait, how many people are in the state of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: It's almost five millions, four and a half half the state. No, I guess whatever is going in Yeah, yeah, but there still is more cows than people.
Speaker 2: In this state, is it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's why Andy Bsher is not going to get the VP pick.
Speaker 2: That'stad is utterly ridiculous. And let me say something else. That's no bull.
Speaker 1: I'll give you fifty second on the fifty cents on the first one. I will take fifty cents from you for the first one, and so the noble gets paid, the second one does not, or the first one does not, So you break even on that.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that I'm moved by your generosity?
Speaker 1: Twenty five cents?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, tomorrow we got our buddy darryl Isaac's coming.
Speaker 2: On when I'm talking about baby k right, I can't.
Speaker 1: Wait to talk to him about what's going on. He's bringing a president of a bank with him, and I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Who mister bank president is.
Speaker 1: Mister bank president, okay, ain't mister bank president?
Speaker 2: Used to be my bit when I was in sales. I would walk around. It's like say, if somebody brought a child after school to the to the sales floor and it was acting up. I would walk out on my phone going, no, mister bank president, I'm actually not at a chuck e cheese. I'm at work where somebody decided to bring in their two kids. Why do you ask?
Speaker 1: Is that like a Clampitts thing? Ain't mister bank president, mister mister.
Speaker 2: What was the lady's name?
Speaker 1: Who is the secretary there? The really nice one?
Speaker 2: Who was it? Rick?
Speaker 3: I mean miss Jane?
Speaker 1: Was it? Was it?
Speaker 3: Miss Jane, Miss Jans Jane Hathaway.
Speaker 1: Janeawayane Halthaway.
Speaker 2: You think Hathaway and Drivesdale had something going on because I was suspected they did, because you're the drink of the Martinez and lines of all that business, and Hathaway seemed like a kind of all I must say it loose woman.
Speaker 1: We interviewed Max Bear Junior, who played Jethrow Bodine. Yeah, I remember that, and we he talked for two and a half hours and we just let it go, like we just pushed the chair away. When he got into he was going to hunt down Ron Howard and kill him. He was, I'm gonna hunt Ron Howard down and I'm going to kill him, and we're all like that's when we woke up. We're like, wait, what why are you killing Ron holl throw Opie, Oh okay, break But it happens to do with Cinderella man and his dad. I'll tell you another day. Back after this news radio forty w h A S all right, this just and Jane Hathaway was the first woman to wear French cut panties on Beverly Hillbilly.
Speaker 2: Wow. Fun fact.
Speaker 1: Thank you Tony for that fun fact. Thank you Tony for Liz hiding in two loyal listeners topic.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 1: We're trying to credit the French with stuff French fry. They are delicious. They've made my life better.
Speaker 2: What would you eat with a hamburger if we're not for freedom fry? If I if I were in Paris for the Olympics, I don't order freedom fries.
Speaker 1: It's like, my buddy, give me freedom fries. But he was in a Pensacola bar the other day at a restaurant. He goes, Dude, he's looking around because he's one of those guys like people are gonna take over our country. And he's like, of course they want to take over a country. Because he's looking around the restaurant and everybody's heavy and oh and they're all on their phones. They're staying on their phones, and it's like, of course, if you're the enemy of America, you go into any restaurant and go, yeah, this is gonna be easy, very easy.
Speaker 2: Man. Look at some of the pictures of people like the skipper, the skipper on gillig Zaland yeah he's supposed to be fat. He ain't that fat standards, it's crazy. No, he's in shape, you I know exactly. Thanks for working today, Bud, Hey old Isaacs tomorrow and yeah, thank you. Rick. It's been a joy. Man, same here, Okay, Rick, it's our show now that okay.
Speaker 1: Rick, Buddy, we love you man, see you buddy, all right back after this clan Buck, I wonder what they're going to talk about. News Radio eight forty w had a chance