Speaker 1: So I'm in San Francisco and then for four day. It's my fourth.
Speaker 2: Day, and I really enjoying myself.
Speaker 1: I really am.
Speaker 2: I really really am telling you as you get older, I talk to all my friends around my age, and we're all feeling the same thing. Gods start choosing things you wanna do for you, right. A lot of our lives are serving others, our jobs, children, parents, friends, whatever, because at this age, you're like, my time is valuable.
Speaker 1: What am I doing with that?
Speaker 2: And I said, for four you know, for me, I'm used to travel, and we used to always eat out of town and see other places and with other people and doing stuff. And for five we'll say for four years. Once it's five. For four years that has been stunted by the lockdowns, pandem, I make COVID, my family issues. So now I'm finally getting out. Of course, as I'm getting out, they're saying COVID is running rapid again, and people in my circle are I've been getting at I've had.
Speaker 1: Like three times.
Speaker 2: And I've survived and everything's fine.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 2: It was not fun having it.
Speaker 1: It's like outside, that's the outside. I love it. I'm in the city. That's loud. You guys can hear that.
Speaker 2: It's really loud.
Speaker 1: I've never stopped some of my protocols.
Speaker 2: And I'm not really out there running the streets so heavily.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: It's just a travel portion if the streets, so to speak. Where I'm at home, I go like I'm home to my mom's house, come home, go to my lass house, going and I'm not out there like really running the streets. But i still do the same hand sancitizer. I've done masking in certain places, like I've always.
Speaker 1: Kept those protocols going when not going on those.
Speaker 2: Trains I don't do very often anymore. Those trains are so dirty in La. It's just a shame. I love riding the trains, but they're so dirty and people are so dirty on them going to certain areas. I just don't ride them anymore to avoid all that. But when I do write them, I wear masks and all. I do all that stuff now and I'm seeing masking the on coming back a little bit too. But I've been but me being here these last you know, almost four days now, I have done wonders for my self esteem, my psyche, my depression, everything.
Speaker 1: It's like I had.
Speaker 2: I've had so much fun so far. It's been wonderful. I haven't gotten work done. I've sually people haven't seen in years. I put some more work.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So I was talking to my my clients about this too, about her future. Also, well she's, you know, a littler than I am, but a boy my age. And I said, well she wanna do next work wise? Like what is she willing to do.
Speaker 1: When you're younger, You're willing to do all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: Now it's like we come to the point of like, well, I don't wanna work as hard as I used to, or I don't wanna live where I don't wanna live, or I don't wanna put in the extra disc I don't wanna give up that we start to really feel that it's It's not thing stubborn.
Speaker 1: It's like just I feel like it's now.
Speaker 2: One of those things where you know what you want, you know what you like, you know what you don't.
Speaker 1: Like, and you sho try to fit it into your life. But why not. I don't see anything wrong with that? So I'm down.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry I'm eating that if I have to eat the same time, while I'm talking to you, guys, you can call it's not as rude, but I have to have a baby, a cap bothering exact food.
Speaker 1: I just I really really.
Speaker 2: Understand it now as you get older, there's certain things you're not gonna do, and certain things you are gonna do, and certain things that you like. And when I gravitate towards I was also with my some really good friends mine. Now I know one to listen to the show, you know the one he might be listening. Hi, if you're listening, he might you know, I'm gonna say names. Yeah you're telling you guys, but excuse me. We were talking. I was watching the relationship. It's the same as is always. It's been the same since for years. I've married like twenty years, the same for years. But we're all older, you know, we're in our fifties. We're all older, and it's kind of funny. It's like you come to these realizations. And he was telling me, it's like, you know, I love her, and so I'm and I've learned a lot about her all these years, and so I kind of get it. So I try to remind myself of those things as I work through stuff. With her, and I hear that actually more than I was just gonna leave.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm done. Bye.
Speaker 2: You're right yet too, of course depends on the situation of it depends on the situation, of course. But I always say, you know, sometimes you have to like look at the whole picture, look at you, look at them, look at me, and go, Okay, what is going on.
Speaker 1: And isn't so bad? Is it not as bad? Or is it really bad? Or it was really bad?
Speaker 2: To get you to get out clearly, but sometimes there are things You're like, you have to let people be who they are. And I've had discussions for people my age recently too when I was up here about our parents and how are recurrenting conclusions of that too. You have to forgive people more, have grace with people more without being them, not letting them walk all over your stuff, not saying that at all, not saying.
Speaker 1: That out Trust me, I'm not You're not doing that. But I got something my teeth. Yeah, I'm eating right here alright. Something second my teeth. I can feel it. So I'm gonna grab a toothbrush or whatever it's I get this thing out. It's like it's bothering me as I'm talking to you guys. I wasn't good. I should I did that right.
Speaker 2: It has made it worse anyway, But it's just it's one of those things you have to kind of go okay, you know, before you make hasty decisions, before you and look at everything and see really what part of plays in your life. And for me, it was like, you know, I'm gonna forgive them, and I'm gonna forgive them, and I know how they are, so I won't so now I'll act accordingly.
Speaker 1: Now I won't go to I won't go to them for.
Speaker 2: This, Like I learned that I think I've talked about on the show sometime last year.
Speaker 1: When it's all blurb.
Speaker 2: About many people where they are, and there's some folks you love them and you.
Speaker 1: Actually like them. Sometimes you like seeing them. Sometimes it's fun. I don't gotta be around here all the time.
Speaker 2: Maybe I recognize we're good together once every two months, we're fine.
Speaker 1: We have a good time for those two.
Speaker 2: Months, and at that time, at the one time, and then you go out your business. You know how it can be sometimes you just that there are people you're just like, there are people you won't be around with more.
Speaker 1: So you try to get that happen.
Speaker 2: But it's also people you're just like, why why end this relationship? You know, because you leave the toilet seat up all the time. It buns the shit out of me. But if that's the worst thing you're doing that, you've done that, I think I can live.
Speaker 1: I can live with that. You gotta really think I can I can live with that.
Speaker 2: When you really when you get older, he really is about compromises and they say it, Oh, I heard that all the time, and it's just it's a different You have to just know what's a compromise and what isn't and you just kind of figure it's different everybody. You have to figure that out. And again, I have to know you have to kind of look within yourself at all times and go, I'm feeling a certain way right now.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: Oh for me, it was, oh, I haven't gone anywhere in two years. I feel stuck and tethered to my situation in Los Angeles. I haven't seen it anybody that I want to see in years and not coming to see me.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: Like it's like I started identifying the issues and so when I did that. Then it was like got it, got it, Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: Now I know what's going.
Speaker 2: On, and now I can act accordingly.
Speaker 1: I'm going to just try to work on the hard part.
Speaker 2: About when you as you get older and would you get a stubbornness in you? You get kind of sat For many people, the change is really the hardest. You've liked things this way for so long. Something happens and you're like, now it's forcing me to change. Well, I don't like that. I didn't ask to change. How dare me? How dare you?
Speaker 1: This happened? And so you fight it. You try to find ways.
Speaker 2: I have friends who I'm seriously they're they're they're thinking stuff, they're.
Speaker 1: Trying their best to fight. They're fighting. You know, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: They tell me a situation, I'm like, I don't see it that way at all. I see it as it's everything is happening is normal, but you're just upset because you don't want it to happen.
Speaker 1: So I understand.
Speaker 2: But everything that's happening to you, I don't see anything shady and shisty going on, And.
Speaker 1: That's kind of it's very interesting.
Speaker 2: So I just I go you're fighting the change, and then along when you're like, should you just I told it all the time, you should just let it go and and embrace it and do You're so a favorite because it's all for about it's all it's not just about now, it's about the future. You're your tomorrow self. I see always get to care your tomorrow self. What you do today will affect your tomorrow self all the time. I see it all the time. But I do know my right now, my tomorrow self. I think it's gonna be okay because I'm here today. I'm having a good time. I'm getting stuff done. I don't do a situation. It feels good. I'm embracing this. Yes, I don't ever think it changed tomorrow, but I'm thinking about that. I'm just like embracing it today, enjoying it.
Speaker 1: And there you go.
Speaker 2: I love all of you out there. Thanks for listening to my show fifty plus. I appreciate it. And the next thing you hear from me, I'll be out of San Francisco pipe back in LA. Have some more trips coming up, some more musings will happen from that.
Speaker 1: Follow me and James I Junior Everywhere by