Speaker 1: Just Sid and Friends in the morning, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Networks.
Speaker 2: Congratulations especially to Sid Rosenberg on his induction to the New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I can't believe he didn't make it years ago. Today Sid forever joins a roll call of some of the greatest legends and the history of New York broadcasting and talk radio. The best in the business, and he's the best in the business. Over many years, Sid has distinguished himself as one of the most authentic and recognizable voices in America airways. And he's built a smart, loyal, gigantic audience. And I happened to be one of those people in the audience, and I had for a long time, long before I became president.
Speaker 3: More of this Aron sending these mixed messages as President Trump prepares to unleash in economic d day on Tehran. The country's new security chief is issuing the very stern warning as Washington ramps up this economic pressure while more ships are beginning to move through the Strait of Her moves a lot to follow their Trey yanst has more from televiev Tray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Molly, good afternoon, reports do indicate that crossings through the Strait of Hormuz are up four hundred percent over the past two weeks. This comes as the United States is overseeing vessels out of the Persian Gulf through a safer Southern passage. The passage allows for millions of barrels of crude oil to be exported each day. In the backdrop, there is an ongoing US naval blockade and fresh sanctions are expected for Iran next weeks.
Speaker 5: Mossa in that if.
Speaker 6: Trump decides to take further action, our response, our retaliations will be seismic.
Speaker 7: First, we will.
Speaker 6: Tell all neighboring countries and countries around the world not to join the United States and its economic war. Any country that takes part in imposing economic restrictions on us will be regarded as an enemy. Of course, we will first negotiate with them. We will hold talks and tell them to step aside and distance themselves from the United States. But if they do not act, we will strike. We will target that country's interest.
Speaker 4: Iran's parliament speaker and top negotiator, Mohammed khalibaff posted to x over the weekend saying we've received numerous messages from neighboring countries about shaping new security arrangements and economic cooperation in the region. The United States put the security of every single one of its allies at such risk through bullying and pure disregard for their foreign interests for.
Speaker 8: The sake of Israel.
Speaker 4: While President Trump indicated that talks with Iran have stopped, he says the United States is having trouble figuring out who to deal with inside of Iran.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's actually one of my biggest problems.
Speaker 9: I don't know who the hell to deal with.
Speaker 10: It's a problem.
Speaker 5: It's the only.
Speaker 11: Country in the world when nobody wants to be president.
Speaker 5: They say, who wants to be president? No, I don't want to be president.
Speaker 10: So it's a little bit of a problem.
Speaker 4: The US military presence in the Middle East is expected to remain with no clear path forward in the conflict with Iran. The USS Abraham Lincoln is headed home after being deployed for two hundred and seventy four days. This aircraft carrier made its last port call in December, breaking a Navy record. The vessel is being replaced by the japan based USS George Washington. Right now, the region is stuck in a cycle of strikes and statements with no end in sight. As for the Iranian economy, the Iranian rial today reached two million to one US dollars this morning.
Speaker 12: Tensions between neighbors are at a new modern high as President Trump imposes fifty percent tariffs on a variety of Canadian imports, the talks collapsing late Friday, the Canadians walking out negotiations with the US.
Speaker 13: We cannot accept what they've offered, and we will not give what they've asked.
Speaker 12: The Trump administration, pointing to bans on the sale of US alcohol in Canada along with protections for Canadian dairy farmers.
Speaker 14: We're moving forward with measures that respond to Canadian retaliation of the border.
Speaker 12: Leaders are rallying around the maple leaf and blasting President Trump.
Speaker 10: He can't be trusted, simple as that he changes the deal, he keeps moving the goalpost.
Speaker 12: The new US tariffs will touch on just five percent of the Canadian goods that come south, but the list of affected products ranges from Canadian beer and whiskey to hockey sticks, furniture, textiles, and building supplies like cement. American importers will now have to pay a fifty percent levy to bring those items across the border, and their added costs are likely to be passed on to consumers. President Trump has said tariff is one of his favorite words, and earlier this month, he said this about America's northern neighbors.
Speaker 10: Canada is nasty.
Speaker 2: They are then nasty people think Canada, then nasty people.
Speaker 5: I love the people, but they're nasty.
Speaker 12: Nasty leadership Canada's Prime minister now vowing to fight back.
Speaker 13: Canada will match Washington's new tariffs dollar for dollar in order to protect Canadian workers, farmers, families, and businesses.
Speaker 15: Missioner addressed the Central Synagogue congregation one week after police say a bronx man disrupted Shabbat services there and attacked a woman and a security guard.
Speaker 9: Lisa Rosner has more real Jata do not.
Speaker 16: Police Commissioner Jessica Tish returned to her roots Friday. The lifelong congregant of Central Synagogue addressed the packed pews.
Speaker 17: Jewish families will not be told to accept fear as the price of practicing their faith in New York City.
Speaker 16: Her remarks come exactly one week after police a forty six year old Larry Montez ran into the service, made anti semitic remarks, struck a woman in the faith, and head budded a black security guard while calling him a racial slur. Also addressing the congregation Friday, we're interfaith leaders.
Speaker 5: There's a sense of amity and respect and neighborliness. And to see that every religion was represented tonight in just solidarity.
Speaker 16: Was there a question in your mind about coming back.
Speaker 9: To incredibly beautiful, meaningful, inspired, reassuring.
Speaker 16: Montes faces federal charges, including two counts of committing hate crimes, and could face up to forty years in prison. He also faces state charges including aggravated harassment and assault. So far, Montes has pleaded not guilty to the state charges against him.
Speaker 18: I would say last weekend it was a very wonderful I can't put it to work. It with the support we were here last week as well, and.
Speaker 19: So it's good to be among our people who care, all pledged to keep each other safe.
Speaker 9: Tish said.
Speaker 16: For years, Jewish New Yorkers have accounted for roughly half of the city's confirmed hate crime victims, despite making up only approximately ten percent of its population.
Speaker 17: We understand the fear that incidents like this create. We will respond immediately. We will conduct a thorough investigation, and we will pursue complete accountability under the law.
Speaker 9: Dami is terrorizing New Yorkers all over again.
Speaker 20: He's told to stay away from this year's twenty fifth nine eleven remembers ceremony by victims' families.
Speaker 9: He refuses to listen.
Speaker 21: I will proudly honor the families, the survivors, the first responders forever impacted by that horrific terror attack by standing alongside them.
Speaker 20: But they don't want him there, and it's very personal. It's obvious he is traumatizing them all over again.
Speaker 22: We felt that having Mandami there would show disrespect to our family members because of the people he supports.
Speaker 20: So the victims' families have started a petition demanding he stay away. He appointed Ramsey Cassem, New York City's Chief counsel, who previously represented asmed Al Dharby, convicted an on al.
Speaker 9: Qaeda tanker bombing plot.
Speaker 20: He's besties with Hassan Piker, who said, you know, America deserves ninet eleven.
Speaker 9: So the list goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 5: This guy is a terrorist. You don't want to say it, I'll say it he's a terrorist, he said, your hottest. He hates America unless you're Muslim. Mayemumdani has no use for you.
Speaker 20: So here's a thought, Mandami, take the day off since you align with gee hottist and have friends.
Speaker 9: Who excuse the horrific day.
Speaker 20: Three hundred and forty three firefighters, nearly three thousand lives lost.
Speaker 9: This is not a photo op. It's their lives well said.
Speaker 23: Rosenberger is going to be hosting the Giants pregame show on Sunday eleven thirty in the morning outside the Bubble Edge Giants Stadium. Go out and eat the hell out of said MSNBC has just flashed on my screen.
Speaker 24: It looks like there is a.
Speaker 23: Plane as crash into the World Trade Center.
Speaker 11: Hi everyone, I'm al Michaels. Welcome to Green Bay. Two weeks ago and god, it seems like ten years ago. We opened up our thirty second season of Monday Night Football with a familiar refrain, are you ready for some football? And we all were well tonight, some of us are and some of us still aren't. A lot of talk about a return to normalcy. That would be great. I think we really yearned for yesterday. It would be even better to turn the clock back to September the tenth and just freeze it right there. But we go on, and so does the National Football League, as we now conclude with this fourteenth game of the weekend, the second week of the season. And like every game, this one has its contrasts. The Washington Redskins represent our nation's capital, the seat of government and all its attendant history. They train and they play at Locales just miles from the Pentagon, and several of the players have visited that site over the past several days. Green Bay is seven hundred miles to the west, where in America is Heartland. It's a community owned team, it's Bucolic, it's pastoral out here, and it's pretty much representative of the Mid and Mid America. But the Packers or is deeply affected as the Washington Redskins. They are football players. When the whistle sounds shortly, they'll go out there. They'll bang on each other'll.
Speaker 10: Leagues try to win the game.
Speaker 11: But in spirit, these teams, all of us are united as never before. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a three hour diversion.
Speaker 5: Thirteen days after nine to eleven, and he said off weekend, we wind the clock two weeks before tonight to September the tenth. We would do that, and most people would, unless, of course, you're a New York Giant fan, because the Giants got blown out that first Monday Night game of the season September tenth, two thousand and one, by Brian Greasy and the Denver Broncos. But of course that pales in comparison to what we experienced the very next day. But kind of wild to hear Al Michaels sitting at lambeau Field with the crowd going wild in anticipation for the Green Bay Packers and the Washington Redskins. And that was the first Monday Night football After nine to eleven, things have changed a lot in this country, even to the point where they're not even called the Washington Redskins anymore. Not because the Native Americans were pissed off. They didn't care. They actually love it. You know, the Native Americans actually love it when we use terms like Redskins, braves, cheeps, all those schools on Long Island, for example, that use all those Indian mascot names, they love it. They love it. You know who got pissed off, Phil Simms, they swear to God. He refused. He refused to call the Washington Redskins the Redskins. He would just say Washington. He was probably the most animated of all the announcers that the Redskins should no longer be called that. But there were many, not just Phil Simms. He just comes to mind because I'm close with Bill and it just seems so crazy. At the time they actually went for one year. You may remember they were called the Washington football Team. Well, they tried to figure out a name for the team and they came up with Commanders. But I don't call them the Commanders. I still call them the Redskins. I still call the Cleveland Guardians the Cleveland Indians. And I would do the same if they changed the name of the Atlanta Braves or the Florida State Seminoles, because there are things that do need to change in this country to better this country. Those nicknames is idiotic. That's where we start getting into trouble. I'm being serious when you get that woke and that's stupid, that's stupid. That's where we start getting into trouble. So here we are, what's today's date and home exactly do you know, today is the twenty fourth, so we are eighteen days away from nine to eleven eighteen. That is not a lot of time. It's two weeks from this Friday will be nine eleven, twenty five years. You know. Somebody sent me something, a petition, it's old. It was a letter actually from a lady by the name of Nancy Key, and Nancy Key sent this letter to President Trump. It was a while back, and Nancy Key lost her brother, George Kin. And I remember going to a party one time. I think it was in Massive pequal believe it or not, held by the Baldwin brothers and my buddy Rich Geneviees and a host of others to raise money for Massive pequal. I may be completely wrong here, but at every seat there was a mass card for George Kin. I don't know who George Kane was, but obviously I came to find that he was killed nine to eleven and Nancy Key, his sister, George Kane of latter seven FDNY was murdered by Islamic terrorists on nine to eleven. And what she wants and I agree with her, I guess the remains of the victims are in this museum, and the families are like, wait, wait a second, I say, we got to wait online with other people, visitors, solicitors to go visit the remains of our family members. I mean, shouldn't this be in a different place, not in the museum for everybody to look at. Shouldn't this be more personal for the families and again a place where they can go to see the remains of their members, their family members, rather than the public. And I agree, Can I complain about something a lot less important, a lot less important? And lou knows about this, I still have no idea why I've got to wait online at the ferry every day when all the snot knows punk as kids from Manhattan are trying to go to the beach. I live at the beach. I live there. Again, not nearly as important as these families of nine to eleven, but kind of in the same spirit. These are their family members. They want to be able to get inside and share time with them, maybe alone, certainly before any visitor, right or tourist. So I think these family members are right? What do you think?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't know the story, so so this a petition.
Speaker 5: Was started by a guy named Jack Joyce, right, And I reached out to Jack or Justin did to come on the program this morning at about seven forty five. I don't know if he responded. So there are really two petitions out there that I'm keeping an eye on. One Instagram we've had on this show a couple of times now, Giovanni Galante. His petition is to keep mayor Mom Donnie away from ground zero on nine to eleven. Then you've got Jack Joyce, who's trying to make sure that the families of these firefighters, and I guess other victims I'm not even sure, are able to go see their loved ones in a different spot than the rest of the tourists and not have to deal with the traffic and museum hours and all that nonsense.
Speaker 19: Now, So, is there a specific spot in the museum where this is or is it?
Speaker 5: I don't know that. Nancy Key says, myself and my mother and other family members are turning to you, President Trump, to ask you for your help in retrieving the rights to our loved ones remains. I agree with her. No one but the families should have any say in where the existing remains are housed, and certainly the museum is the last place they should be housed. Families should not have to congregate at the bottom of the museum with the public if they feel the need to be near their loved one, nor adhere to the hours of the museum. Rather, some type of an above the ground repository where one can visit at their own discretion, is a more suitable and patentable solution for us. Please consider our request and use your heart and discretion to help us find a viable solution in this matter. This was ten years ago. Fifteen years later, we are still fighting for the right that never should have been taken away from us. God bless you your family, and God bless America. Sincerely, Nancy Key, sister of by a fighter George Cain, who again out of Wny latter seven was killed murdered on nine to eleven. So interesting.
Speaker 19: Well, you know, you would think if their remains are within the museum, it would be really easy to rectify this. The family should just email the museum. I don't know if they can move them. Maybe they can't move them.
Speaker 8: I don't know. Maybe that's a question to ask them.
Speaker 19: But if they can't, easy enough to disrectify by hey, if you're a family member, email us and we'll give you some have a time in the museum.
Speaker 8: At any howe you want to come, I guess. I mean that's simple. So maybe there's more to the story.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Hopefully Jack Joyce will join us coming up later on this morning. We've got a great guest list Charlie Gasparino and Mike Lawler, at, Joe Tacopina, John Katzmatidis. But Jack Joyce would be a great addition to this guest list on this Monday morning. So I missed you on Friday, Nome, you weren't here, so I have a chance to kind of schmooze with the news. I had a very early guest on Friday morning, doctor Oz. He actually reached out to us and the same thing. This morning. We've got an early guest with Mike Lawler.
Speaker 24: So on.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of time here, know, So in the next five minutes or so, can you give me the real meat of the news this morning.
Speaker 19: Well, if you care about the tariffs against Canada, you know that's today's big story there.
Speaker 8: Canada is going to fight back.
Speaker 19: Thought is that prices on items like beer and other stuff that come from Canada are going to go up pretty quickly. Canada says they'll fight back starting September eighth with its own tariffs on American products coming into Canada. So maybe they'll resolve something. This seems to be the way these things go is we raise the tariffs and then we come to some negotiation, negotiation where both sides agree. So maybe that'll happen here. We'll have to wait and watch and then overseas. You know, this war in Iran, the never ending war today is this D day, economic dday that'll begin where there'll be this massive coordinated financial offensive against Iran that's launched by the White House. They'll do things like they'll threaten what they call is tremendous economic consequences against any country, bank, airport, or business that provides an economic lifeline to Iran. I mean, the thought is they really want to strangle them in every possible way. They're going to crack down on oil infrastructure. Uh, They're going to try to stop China from doing business with Iran.
Speaker 8: I don't know how they'll be able to do that.
Speaker 19: But this is all in hopes of choking Iran enough that they'll come to the negotiating table and finally bring an end to this war.
Speaker 8: So we'll see if that happens.
Speaker 5: Right, Scott Bessett is going to speak on that today. And Iran has been warning countries that if you in fact align with the United States on this economic d Day, that we are going to attack you. Oh, pretty intense, you know, between what we threaten other countries with, which is mostly economic tariffs and things like that. We don't bomb other countries, but Iran says, no, we'll bomb you. We'll do it our way. So yeah, it doesn't seem like this thing is going away anytime soon. But there was so a lot of fun at the White House yesterday. Not the White House. I guess where was that freedom to fifty Grande?
Speaker 8: It was right in DC, went right by the White House.
Speaker 19: In fact, they did, I think, with seventy four laps the grand Prix to fifty to celebrate America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 8: And if I was a better newscaster, I could tell you who the winner was.
Speaker 5: Anyway, his name is Kirkwood. I have no idea if that guy's even a big time race car driver. Again, I love Presidenting Trump. I think it's cool that he loves sports. A bout a ufcat bite. They've had a Grand Prix race, so he's having fun, which is nice. Two hundred and fiftieth birthday is no small feet of this country, so it's great everybody's having fun. But I couldn't care less. I don't think I watched one second of that coverage, not one. It wasn't like I was feeling fomo, like, oh my god, I gotta go to DC and watch this. I'm not a big auto racing guy anyway. I had to cover it for years with Scott Kaplan in the late nineteen nineties, and that's when Jeff Gordon was killing it in NASCAR and ari Lyondyke was a big time star and John Force was a big time star. And I told you this before. I interviewed everybody, everybody from Jeff Gordon to Dick Trickle to you know, the what's it, the other famous the Petties, all of them. I did all of that, but at no point that I fall in love with the sport, not even clothes. But again, I'm glad the country is how much a good time and it is our two hundred and fiftieth birthday and all the power to them. Anything local going on.
Speaker 8: The sewer people are back.
Speaker 19: Remember when we were talking about this like six months ago, seven months ago where these people with lanterns on their heads were seen coming out of sewers and Brooklyn and Queens, Well, they were spotted again, this time midtown right outside Penn Station. Of course, that got some alarm bells sounding off, and so they had the dep checking out where these crews were saw coming out of the manhold, just to make sure everything was okay and structurally everything's fine. And what they the thought is is these people are just looking for valuables. It's definitely tough looking, but they don't know for sure and they want to find them. And so all over social media this weekend you could see video. It is kind of frightening to watch because it's middle of the night and all of a sudden you see this manhole cover just pop off and these three people with lanterns on their head jump out and then run away from the scene. But somebody who was just happened to be standing their videotape the whole thing and that's how cops know about it. But they don't know who these people are. They'd like to talk to them, but so far I've been unable to find them.
Speaker 5: I did speak on Saturday morning to the Police Commissioner Jessica Tish. I congratulated her on going to Central Synagogue on Friday, and she got right back to me right away. In fact, it was the second consecutive week that our police Commissioner, Jessica Tish made a visit to a place or community which had to endure anti Semitism. She told me the truth, she said, si it, I gotta tell you men and women at that synagogue scared to death, hugging me, kissing me, thanking me for coming. She said she was overwhelmed by the reception she got at Central Synagogue on Friday. She continues to fight. You know one thing about Jessica. I almost never ever ever talk about the mayor with Tish anymore, almost never. But I did read something this weekend where you know, she's not doing anything that he wants. You remember when he campaigned, he campaigned on I guess whipping apart the Strategic Response Group, that SRG unit wherever it's called down home. Yep, Well that hasn't happened. I mean, there were a bunch of things that he talked about doing to make this a more community based police force, and none of it has happened, none of it. So very quietly without mentioning Tish versus Mom Donnie or Tish and Mom Donnie every day for all you folks out there that are very critical of Jessica Tish because you're stupid, The truth is she has not caved in. She hasn't and she's been critical at times, and she goes to the synagogues. But all those things and Mamdani wanted to do, including the SRG unit. Last I checked, they're still intact. Was that not true?
Speaker 8: That is all truely?
Speaker 5: Oh, so way to go, Jessica Tish. What else you got? Uh?
Speaker 8: Not a little big stories?
Speaker 19: I'm just trying to think of Manasquan Beach was closed down over the weekend. They found all, well, you know, it's the end of the summers.
Speaker 5: On the beach, Trevor, I go back to the D's when I was on the Iman Show with Lewis and what was her name, Bernadette Castro. He was running the beaches and the parks, and this poor woman would walk in and I was told to find a story even make one up that they found needles or fingers or certain body parts on the beach. This poor woman hadn't even sat down yet in that studio with me, Don and Charles, and it was like, Bernadette, we found four more fingers on the beach at Jones Beach. Now what, Oh, don't you say that, I'll stop it? What she would do? She would do this? She was like, shoot about it. She wouldn't. She would come back again.
Speaker 26: That's right, And then she'd have a lot of papers like this is a new project we're working on, and stop with that. This is gonna be soaking well what about all the needles that they found a couple of PEPs?
Speaker 5: It was true, but we we did tend to exaggerate just a little. I don't know. He was not that we would do that. What else you got because I got Mike Lawer coming here.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I got one more for you, A little bit of a bummer in They own the Little League baseball team we've been following at the Little League World Series in Williams Sport. They got hammered yesterday and I suck. But wait a second, they're not out.
Speaker 5: Oh they're not. Okay, No, you can't say that. Yeah, twelve years there's little kids. What do you mean they suck? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 19: They lost to this pitcher who plays for Davenport, Iowa, who even baseball prospectors are looking at. They think this kid's going to be this incredible pitcher. And I had an enormous amount of striking.
Speaker 5: No, I'm more on a final kid about this kid, this picture, I hate Iowa, you know that. But on a more important story here talking about Little League baseball. So there was a kid I think he played on Staten Island though, and he was a monster superstar. This kid was an amazing player both offensively and defensively in the Little League World Series. And his name was Michael Komarta. And I think he was a big star at the age of eleven or twelve. So I'm watching ESPN yesterday morning because I can't watch any of those Sunday news shows outside of Maria Bartoromo. That's it. That's it. So watching the ESPN board to death. Mind you, I'm gonna. I can't deal with WNBA stories anymore. I don't care. I don't even like Enuskantner. I really don't, you know. I mean I'm sorry that, you know, Erdawan trying to kill his father or something. I don't know. I've had enough, Like the WNBA has completely jumped the Shark. I love play Travis, but I've had enough. Okay, But they do a story on this kid, Michael Kamarta. So it turns out he's a Little League World Series hero, big time player, and he became the youngest firefighter I guess in his ladder company. And I believe he also ended up being and this is tragic, the youngest firefighter to die on nine to eleven. Michael Komarta. I think that's correct, big time Litle League baseball player from Staten Island, and I watched the videos as pair ran. This kid was something else. This kid hit rockets. I think he was the youngest firefighter to be killed on nine to eleven.
Speaker 24: There you have.
Speaker 5: It came about this picture from Davenport, Iowa. Well, the yikes. Next year.
Speaker 19: The good news is they get to play in an elimination round, so they're not totally out of it yet. If they can keep winning, they could still continue on in the Little League World Series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right, let me get to Lawder first. Here the King of Rockland County. Of course, the great mister Salt. He's on his way somewhere. He's at the airport. I they get them quickly. Mike Lawler, good morning, buddy. How are you.
Speaker 14: I'm good, said, long time, no speak.
Speaker 5: Well, you keep blowing me off for CNN. I don't know.
Speaker 14: You don't call, you don't write, you know, you don't love me anymore.
Speaker 24: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: Because you can't get me. Mike Johnson.
Speaker 27: That's why he said he's gonna do it soon.
Speaker 14: You don't have to, you don't have to reach out to Hikeem, Michael, come on soon.
Speaker 5: What do you think about that? Seriously, your nemesis, your nemesis, Hakeem Jeffries hanging out with Johnson. Oh, with that, Jared with Jaredward pushing I'm sorry not Johnson.
Speaker 14: Listen that they did work back together in the first term, on the first step back, So it doesn't surprise me that there's some level of engagement.
Speaker 28: But look, here's the bigger issue.
Speaker 14: Hakeem Jeffries and Chuck Schumer are seventy one days away from election day. Does anybody have a clue what the hell they're running on? What it is that House Democrats and Senate Democrats.
Speaker 5: Are running on no and that's what he char to you.
Speaker 14: I guarantee you nobody, nobody could answer a single question about what either of them are standing for other than I hate Trump, right, but I guarantee you, I guarantee you that everyone can answer what the DSA stands for, what AOC and Zoe run Mondani and Bernie Sanders want to do. And that's the fundamental point said that Democratic Party is the party of Zoorn Mamdani, AOC and Bernie Sanders. It's not Schumer and Jeffreys. They're feckless, they're useless, they don't do anything. But Bernie AOC and Mamdani are pushing hard and they're winning these races across the country in Democratic seats, safe seats. But this is the agenda that they're.
Speaker 24: Going to bring to Washington. They want open.
Speaker 14: Borders, they want to defund the police, they want to ban an abolish ice. They want sanctuary states. They want to raise taxes by four trillion dollars. They want a government takeover of Medicare and our healthcare system. They want they want a complete overhaul of the United States of America as we know it. That's what's at stake this November. This is common sense versus crazy. This is capitalism versus Marxism. This is Western democracy versus radical socialism. That's what this is all about. Come November three. So folks have a choice this year, a very clear choice. And it is not Jeffries and Schumer leading the way. It is Mamdani AOC and Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 5: The question is, as Republicans, would we be better off it was if it was Schumer and Jeffries leading the way? I mean in terms of probable victories, because I don't speak to a lot of Republicans honestly, that are very confident. You would think, hey, these DSA psychos you just talked about what they want to do. It's all bad, it's all bad for America and the world. Yet I don't speak to anybody that's incredibly confident, even people that think we may win, retain the House, retain the Senate, even their nervous. So what exactly is going on? You got a bunch of psychos who clearly hate this country, and yet Republicans are still scared to death.
Speaker 14: Look, the historical trend, obviously says that it's going to be a midterm, but I feel.
Speaker 24: Very good about where we are. My district is.
Speaker 14: One of those that will determine the outcome of control of Congress, as it did in twenty two and twenty four.
Speaker 24: The polls have me up.
Speaker 14: We are running hard, We're up on TV and going to go all the way through.
Speaker 24: It's going to be a.
Speaker 14: Sixty million dollar race. But here's the thing. This is a very clear choice. It's not really Republican versus Democrat, as I said, it is common sense versus crazy, And we need to make the case to the American people of the next seventy one days what is at stake, what the choice really is. My opponent can claim she's a moderate, but she supports a government takeover of health care, she supports sanctuary state policy, she supports a four trillion dollar tax increase. This isn't rocket science.
Speaker 27: It's a very clear choice.
Speaker 14: So ultimately, I think what we have to do is make the case to the American people that the policies that they are promoting is going to destroy this country. And it's that simple. So we have we have seventy one days to get it done. Folks need to get off their ass and get in the fight.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 14: This is a fight for the country and the fight for the future. And if you're not in the game, then don't complain.
Speaker 5: Nicely, said Mike. I like the fact that you endorse my good buddy Kevin Byrne this week. Annually you mentioned your opponent a couple of times. Is Kate Conley? And I keep talking to Republicans about having debates, you know, I keep askinging all these other candidates, Caroline shinkom As, Michael lasher As he said he'll debate you and other candidates along the way, and they can't seem to get any debates against any of these people, even Bruce Blakeman. Bruce Blakeman can't seem to get a debate against Kathy Hockele. But I think you're having the same issue. Why don't you having the same issue with Kate Conley?
Speaker 14: Because these issues aren't debatable. These folks are crazy and they don't want to actually have to defend their policy positions. Kathy Hokel doesn't want to have to defend the fact that she's effeckless and competent. More, Kathy Hokwood doesn't want to defend the fact that she's run the state into the ground. I mean, come on, of course they don't want a debate. I challenge my opponent to six debates. She declined NBC News and CNN. What was she afraid that they were going to ask her tough questions? I mean, good grief, this is what is wrong in this moment. These folks just want to take over the country. They want to overhaul our entire system, turn us into a socialist utopia, government takeover of everything from business to healthcare, etc. They have no actual plan, and the bottom line is all of these policies that they're advocating for they've never fucking worked anywhere they've been tried.
Speaker 5: No, they've got a very long list of failures in terms of countries. And what's scary Mike Waller, mister salt Is. You mentioned Bernie Sanders politician, You mentioned Mom Donnie politician, you mentioned OC. I mean, I guess she's a politician. She might have won for president in twenty twenty eight. But a guy that is every day becoming more and more powerful is not a politician. But what are real scumbag He spent this weekend doing some speaking somewhere and sang this song we are Charlie Kirk. He actually was making fun of Charlie Kirk, who was assassinated in cold blood for everybody in America to see one of the most grotesque moments in Mike fifty nine years was watching that video and this scumbag, Hassan Piker was lapping it up, singing we are Charlie Kirk this weekend and liking or not, Mike Lawler, this guy is starting to gain some real power and popularity inside that party, is he not?
Speaker 24: No question, he's the chief spokesperson for that party.
Speaker 14: But here's the thing. When you have somebody like him who says America deserved nine to eleven, do you really expect him to act with decency and integrity? And of course not. He's a piece of shit.
Speaker 24: And we all know it.
Speaker 14: And the fact is the Democrats have embraced them, They own them good and the American people should understand the choice.
Speaker 5: This November, I know that Abdul l Sied is going to be on Jesse water Show tonight and he's got a big race coming up against Mike Rogers. I'm going to speak in Las Vegas this weekend for the Republican Jewish Coalition, and Mike Rodgers is one of the speakers. And I think, Mike, that is a race that everybody is going to keep a close eye on. Rogers versus l sayed in Michigan.
Speaker 14: Yes, no question, and we can absolutely win it. But look said, I know everybody's nervous about the midterms, but seventy one days, leave it all out on the field. We are going to win the House, We're going to win the Senate. Obviously President Trump is in the White House. This is about the future of the country. This is about the direction people want to take us, whether we are a capitalist, a constitutional republic, or a socialist, Marxist, you know, radicalized country.
Speaker 27: That's the choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, I know you gotta get out of here and hop on a plane. But is there any truth to the rum of Mike that if God forbid and I don't see this happening, but God forbid you lose to Kate Conley, that you will declare for the WNBA draft.
Speaker 14: I don't think I'm tall enough.
Speaker 5: Mike Lawler. I love you wherever you're go and have yourself a safe trip. We'll get you in studio one of these days. Okay, buddy, all right, all right, take care. There he is mister Salt, the king of Rockland County. He's got his race coming up in November, up there against Kate Conley. My good friend Mike Lawler. Will take a break, we'll come back. We got a bunch of great guests all morning long. I am in a mood today. I am ready. I don't Mike, not in a bad mood. Actually, Saturday we had a wonderful time and it was great to see my guys on a weekend, Lou and Justin and MJ and the home crew. We'll get to that big, big Saturday afternoon Shin dig in the Bronx at Yankee Stadium. What's to cover? Monday Morning, Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network. It's a great night. It is a beautiful party, it's in a beautiful venue. Now they should spend a little more time talking about the weekday host and not just the weekend guys. I'm on record saying I don't get that, you know, I mean, I went last year, wasn't even mentioned. That's crazy, but putting me aside because I'm an narcissist and I deserve to be one. Just so you know. It is a wonderful night, a beautiful, majestic party. It really is. But there's an issue this year. No, not because it's Friday night in the shoppist, which will keep Orthodox Jews away from any nine to eleven event. But do you realize that this year nine to eleven, that night balls out on the first night of.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I did not know that.
Speaker 5: You're such a horrible Jew. Really, I got the worst week. You should know that, Yes, that night, Friday night, nine to eleven is the first night. Now. My wife, for example, Danielle, she makes a big Roasha Shana dinner every year and she plans on doing it this year. So it's gonna be hard to have Danielle in two places at once, obviously, But I've got other friends and family members reach out and say, what are you gonna do that night? So I got the gallop, you know. Yeah, but it's Rosa Shana. And look, I am not the most religious Jew by any stretch, not even close. I don't go to school every Saturday morning. I don't take part in a minion every weekday. I don't keep kosher, I don't even follow the rules of Paysak into the first two passols. But since I was a little boy and my father who was a pretty religious kid growing up in Corney Island, Bushia Shawn, not Yom Kapor, I am as religious as anybody you know that know. I treat those two holidays like any other Jew would from or reformed to an Orthodox So it is going to be uncomfortable for me to, say the least, to be someplace else, anywhere else, even on that unbelievable night at that majestic party. Then sitting at home with family members and friends on the first night of the New Year. I know you understand that.
Speaker 19: No, yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna do because we always host the holidays in my house and so there'll be lots of people there, So I don't think I'm gonna be able to go.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna go to the Galla, I think, but I'm not trying my wife, Catt, She's not gonna blow off the Jewish New Year. And like you said, we've got friends and family that come in big numbers every year, you know, twenty five to thirty people come to our house. So it's a it's a big deal, loud Did you know that that?
Speaker 27: Uh?
Speaker 5: I knew?
Speaker 26: The next week was.
Speaker 5: No that night nine to eleven, Yes, Russia Shana. The next week is Yam Kapoor. But that's Perish nine eleven. The night that Friday night, nine to eleven is the first night of Russia Shana.
Speaker 26: Right, But then it goes into the weekend, isn't it too? So it's more than one day, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's a couple of days, that's right. But I'm just saying people that that are Jewish are gonna have a hard time going to the gallo Friday night because that's Russia Shana. Yeah, I mean, the fining I think is not a big deal. I don't. I don't. I don't observe Shabish every week, obviously, but I do observe the Jewish New Year. So after the week after, yes, yes, that is big, right, that's huge. That's the holiest day of the year. But Russia Shana, especially that first night, is right. And Jewish people are not going to be going to nine to eleven events. I can tell you that they're not going and now nor them. That's a big issue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, there's no way I can go.
Speaker 5: Really no.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, my wife puts together this gigantic meal, and I know I've got banned in her.
Speaker 19: Why not because she's right, She'll be like, you know you got to help me out, Well, you could help her.
Speaker 8: I got a host.
Speaker 5: Can you do both?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 8: First of all, I look forward to it. I know it's number one. I love the holiday, so why I don't want to miss.
Speaker 26: It, let alone The day itself is going to be draining because it's nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Not just a day, the whole week week is going to be Now. I actually caught a break here when I say catch a break, because I was supposed to go to like two or three different events, but I'm not going to be here. I'm going to be with the President of the United States and every major Republican in this country in Dallas because for the first time ever, we've got a convention, an RNC convention for the midterms, and it just so happens the convention in Dallas September eighth, ninth, and tenth. So, for example, I promised to Evanni Galante, I love that guy, that on September eighth, I would take Bruce Blateman to city Hall and join them in their rally to keep Mayor Momdannie away. But I'm going to be in Texas and there's other events going on. Look, I get invited almost every day to a different event. And I'm going to say this right now once on the air, so you guys gotta get it. I'm not a rally guy. Okay. One summer I did two different rallies, if you will, with Curtis when he was still a human being, not the drek he is now. He's just complete trek. But I did do too in my neighborhood because I was trying to keep illegals, as you know, Lewis away from our neighborhood. So I did two events, two rallies with Curtis. Otherwise, I'm not a rally guy. I've done a bunch with Dove Hiking, and I did a bunch obviously after October the seventh, But that's not me. You know, I'm not standing with two hundred and three hundred people holding a bullhorn and yelling and screaming about protecting the Jews. I just don't do that. First of all, we look silly because they get thousands and thousands of people we get the same three hundred. I'm not gonna mention any names, but you all know who they are. It's the same people yelling the same thing over and over again. And now Gnome, they've kind of shifted from the anti Semitism to anti America because they hate Mamdani. So now the same people that are yelling and screaming every day in the streets of New York but anti Semitism, all of a sudden are screaming about nine to eleven. And I don't know when these people became quote political, but they're not, you know. So I choose to do my talking here and I talk as you folks here every morning to the biggest names in politics, from the President to the Prime Minister of Israel, to congress people to senators, you name it. They're all on this show. I happen to have, believe it or not, a legitimate amount of power. That's what I do. I don't stand in the street, So stop asking me, said show up here, show up there? You know. I mean the last event I went to, I got paid. If people want to pay me, that's a whole other story. But otherwise, not to come off like a dick here no, but I'm a little too big to be standing with a bullhorn in the middle of the street.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Now, you know you have the ultimate bullhorn every single morning.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, you're already doing it, right.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to stand there in the shore. You know, there's a one of my friends had an idea. They want to do a human chain to keep Mamdani.
Speaker 8: Away from downtown.
Speaker 5: Now, now I felt bad, but I had to tell this friend of mine. First of all, sweetheart, you are not going to be anywhere the Freedom Tower. You do understand. The President of the United States is gonna be there. They're gonna have security and secret service up the wazoo. So if you expect my rag cag bunch of guys who do these rallies in the streets are just gonna be standing outside the Freedom Tower keeping the mayor away. You're out of your mind.
Speaker 10: You're out of your mind.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna get anywhere near that place. I got news for you. I'm trying to do a broadcast from downtown Manhattan, somewhere near nine to eleven. And I'm a big name, and I'm having difficulties, and I'm friends with the President of the United States. I'm having difficulties. They're just gonna walk down there and they're gonna stand out there and block Mom.
Speaker 7: Donnie.
Speaker 26: Right, just get down to the site where it's been going on year after year, and it's gonna have well.
Speaker 5: In the past year, I mean, you're able to get close maybe Rector Street, I don't know, but I think this year you're not gonna get close. Wellies, a ton of dignitaries, more than ever, world leaders, the press, they've tried to kill the president three times already. And my friends are like, no, we're gonna we're gonna put together a human chain.
Speaker 8: Well, what if you put like really strong people, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You could put thirty chuck zitos. It's not gonna hire. But they really believe this stuff. We're gonna do a big rally and like, just leave me out of it. God bless you, good luck. Nobody cares. My big issue is these rallies don't do anything. I've been watching these rallies and I did go in the past, right after October seventh, What do they do? I mean, the anti Semitism numbers in New York City are higher than ever. What exactly are they accomplishing? I don't know other than Hey, we were on ABC News. I told Bruce Blakeman, I'm gonna be honest with you. Caroline Shinkle, I told these people stop doing it. You look silly. I don't care if you're two blocks away. I know you're Jewish, I know you care. But if you think you're gonna win these elections because you battle anti Semitism, you're out of your mind. I'm sorry. The appetite of that is not there. And there is no better Jewish fighter than me. Nobody. You guys know that. Okay. I took it to the streets. I started with a black guy on a subway train when he started to harass a rabbi on a downtown Ford train on Champs. There is no better fighter than me. But I need to win these elections. I need Republicans to win in New York. I need to win the midterms. And if you think going to every rally in New York City that deals with anti Semitism is going to get you the win, you're out of your mind. Stop it, Stop it, be realistic. On nine to eleven, good, Okay. Affordability fantastic. That's a big issue, no doubt about it. Police, public safety. All those things are good. You know, if you're in the Hamptons there's a party, go ahead, go board. But to spend your days and nights going to these rallies with the same they're all my friends. I love them all. They're very nice people and they mean well they really do.
Speaker 10: They do.
Speaker 5: But they go to the same the same people in the streets, and it doesn't work.
Speaker 26: I mean, if you have to on nine to eleven, gather the people up and you can become this site just because you're standing in front playing red Rover red.
Speaker 8: Veue, exactly, send me or mom donning over.
Speaker 5: Somebody said to me New York one, look right, Well, they said, well, well, you know the last rally we we got, the last rally, we were on Channel seven News. I said, so what I said to Bruce, I said, if you were on ABC News in New York standing in between Marco Rubio and I don't know, har meet Dylan, that's a big deal. But when you're standing in between and you guys know the names, stop it stop. We need to win elections. This is serious stuff, very serious. Anti Semitism is a huge problem in New York. We know that. Let the people that do what every day do it. Let Jessica Tish continue to fight that. But we have to beat the mayor and all these other candidates at about a thousand other things or we're gonna lose. We're going to lose. I know, Mike Lauder's confident. What do you think he's gonna say he's a Republican. I'm not getting that on the streets. I don't get this sense of we're gonna retain the House, retain the Senate. Most people think we're going to lose the House, but retain the Senate. Either way, we gotta start taking this seriously and trying to get a Channel seven at some rally of the streets of New York City that ain't gonna get it done. Is is that fair advice?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know. But the human chain thing I'm kind of into.
Speaker 5: No, it's pretty cool. Yeah, we can do that. He stand right outside the Freedom.
Speaker 26: Tower, started at seven am around rectors.
Speaker 5: Nah, the person listen, The person meant well, the person meant well, It's just these people have no idea, just have no idea. What the hell is going on? You know?
Speaker 26: And I the mayor and his entire staff are about to enter the zone when the human chain all of a sudden gotressed by five more depths of people.
Speaker 5: It's just, you know, there's a part of me too. I told you guys this, and I was being serious when g and Vonnie Gallante first contacted me. So I didn't know that Gallanti tried to contact me even before he started the petition. But you guys both heard him say that on the air, and I was humbled by that. I really was. But I didn't know that people were getting involved who were not family members of the victims. And my wife, she loves to use this line stolen valor. Like every time I get an award from some member of the police, right whether it's Vincent val Along or Pulled the Jacamo in the past, or Scott Monroe or a variety of people, she always goes, it's that kind of stolen back. Oh you're not a cop, I go listen, I'm not gonna argue, I'm gonna tell you. And I felt that way with Glante. I'm like, I'm not a family member. I did lose friends in the World Trade Center that day, specifically Windows on the World that lost about ten good friends, and I knew some fire fighters too that died that day, but no family members of mine died. And I felt bad being the face of this effort. You see what I'm saying, No, And he's like, no, no, no, no, we need you, We need you. You got a huge voice, the biggest voice, the great blah blah blah. So he's been on the show twice, and Charles Wolpe has been on the show, and Janette Pick has been on the show, and we've got more coming before not eleven. But I actually felt badly about it. You know. Then I said toally, even go to city Hall September the eighth. As it turns out, I can't go anyway because I'm going to Dallas. But I felt badly about that.
Speaker 19: Well, you shouldn't, because you're doing exactly the right thing every single morning.
Speaker 8: You're talking about.
Speaker 5: It every morning since July sixth. I wanted to make that no, thank you very much. I made that promise to a two hunred and fiftieth birthday on July the fourth, that I would be the first and only radio host in the country to deter excuse me, actually focus on nine to eleven starting Monday, July sixth and we've done that.
Speaker 19: Yes, yeah, you've given this crew, this huge crew, a big voice that they wouldn't get otherwise, because otherwise, you know, it's one offer.
Speaker 8: They get a story on Channel seven, Channel four, and then you never hear about it.
Speaker 5: Now that's it.
Speaker 19: But here, every single day you're telling people to sign this petition and do what they can to try to stop the mayor. And I think that's great, that's exactly what they need.
Speaker 5: And now today I've even brought up this other petition. Nancy Nie, whose brother who I just happened to know because I got his Mays's card at an event in Massive Peaque three was killed George Caine, a very courageous firefighter from Latter seven, and she wants to make sure that the family members can go visit the remains of their loved ones when they want, not have to deal with museum hours, not put the remains the museum where these poor family members have to wait online with tourists, people who don't know these people. I think Nancy ne is right. So the guy that started this petition, we called him to come on at seven forty this morning. I'm not sure if he's gotten back to Justin just yet his name is I think Jack, it's not Jack Jacobs. Well, I know it this morning. Now I don't know it anymore, So do you know it?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 5: Somebody said it to me and I don't have it in fun of me. But either way, I'm trying to book him for seven forty this morning. Oh, I got the list to know of some of the speakers in Las Vegas this upcoming weekend. When he hears some of these, yes, sure, Acting Labor Secretary Keith Sunderling, big deal, right, yeah. Political commentator Scott Jennings, he may be the next White House. What do you call that person?
Speaker 8: Spokesperson? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Senator Jim Banks from Indiana. This guy I love. Former serviceman Senator Senator Tim she He from Montana. This guy I love too. Senator Dave McCormack from Pennsylvania. Governor Joel Lombardo from Nevada. Chairman Jim Jordan, how about that one known year old buddy. Israeli Ambassador Jail Leer. Former Israeli Minister of Strategic Affairs Ron Dermer. Chairwoman Lisa McClean. This guy I like. To Congressman Brandon Gill. He's out of Texas candidate for Ohio governor of Vivek Ramaswami, congressman out of Florida, Randy Fine, the lieutenant governor out of Texas, Dan Patrick, the candidate for US Senate and Michigan who may join US tomorrow. Money against Abdul l Sied, Mike Rogers, Congressman Craig Goldman out of Texas, Captain Ed Golryan. You know he is. I don't he beat Thomas Massey in Kentucky. So we love him because Massi's a scumbag. And then you get people like me, Montana Tucker, Emily Austin, blah blah blah. That's a pretty impressive list, it is.
Speaker 19: But thank god you're going, because I don't know if I could sit through all that all. I mean, they're nice people and yeah, but politicians don't make the greatest speakers.
Speaker 5: Usually the bar. Yeah, that's why I can't believe I'm still asking Brett Powell and Gruiders with the r n C. This uh, this is the r JC in Vegas this weekend. The r n C is Dallas right after. I'm still asking them if I'm speaking or not, what are you nuts? After President Trump? Who else you want, So I'm not gonna ask anymore.
Speaker 8: What time are you on the schedule this weekend?
Speaker 5: Uh? For Vegas? Yeah, actually a week from today. It's Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. The big day is Monday. So I will be speaking a week from today in the morning shift, sometime between nine am and noon Vegas time. But Dallas, they still have not got me a time yet, and I may not speak. You know this is some people go, oh no, no, you can't put them on. Remember how much he curtised at Madison Square Garden when he spoke for president and he's wildy he's payninged from Fox News because he called Mamdania terrorist. Who knows some of these backroom conversations known in the meantime. Both of those things for me make me right by the top of the list, No.
Speaker 8: You would think, so, Runny, come on, come.
Speaker 5: On, Dallas, Let's go Dallas. We'll take a break. We got about five more great guys stopping by today, LUTs.
Speaker 29: This is sid on Sports sponsored by Fearless Boilers on seventy seven w a VC.
Speaker 7: Justin Alack here with a sports update sponsored by Pete Morgan Appilos Boilers Godapillos Boilers dot Com from the diyllan of you Pilospoilers, the world's Best built. The Boilers out in the bronxpin Rise at the bases loaded single to score two runs and cap of three runs six and the Yankees pulled away for an eight to three victory over the Blue Jay's, taking two of three from Toronto over the weekend. Jaessism Junior added a two run omer and the seventh, Trent Grisham Homert in the eighth, and rookie Spencer Jones had an RBI double in the second and wells out At an RBI double in the second frame as well. As The Yankees won for the sixth time in seven games, finishing with double digit hits for the first time in five games. Here started Carlos for Don allowed two runs, one earned and two hits and four innings in. Paul Blackburn followed with two innings of work four the win. Cody Bellinger returned from the IL after missing twenty five games of the strain the left hamstring. He batted fourth and started in left field, going one for four in the win. Up next for the Yankees and off day to day before opening a three game series against visiting Houston Astros. Tomorrow night in Chicago, the Met's lost two to one to the White Sox in the finale rubber game of a three game series there. Chicago's Tristan Peters homeward with one out in the ninth inning after the Mets tied it in the top of the inning. Starting Nolan McLean works six scoreless innings along one hit and picking up six strikeouts. Up next for the Mets and off day to day before returning home to welcome in the Brewers for the opener of a three games series against Milwaukee tomorrow nights. Check in on preseason football your Week two action on Friday night in Pittsburgh, you know, Smith's left ankle appeared to be just fine, completing all seven of his passes four sixty five yards less, thirteen coming on a flip the tight Endjelanny Woods for a touchdown what became a seventeen to nothing victory over the Steeler. Smith just needed ten plays to take the Jets sixty nine yards on their opening possession. Kate Klubnick, battling to be the backup for the Jets when the season opens, completed ten to fifteen passes for seventy five yards. Up next for the Jets their annual preseason meeting with the Giants coming up this Friday night at MetLife, wrapping up their preseason schedule. Speaking of those Giants, they beat up on the Dolphins in Miami on Saturday afternoon, final score twenty six to three. In their Week two preseason action. Jameis Winston threw for one hundred and fifty yards and ran for a touchdown while play in the first half at the Giants cruise to the victory. Both teams primarily used backups. Giants quarterback Jackson Dark participated in pregame drills but ultimately did not. I didn't play, No, not at all.
Speaker 5: Neighbors didn't play.
Speaker 7: Nope, Obj played.
Speaker 8: He did play.
Speaker 5: Got the touchdown pass. Yeah, he made a couple of good plays. You're like, okay, Obj's got something left. He dropped the touchdown pas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, big drop there. But two passes for seventeen yards.
Speaker 5: That's a home game for the Jets this weekend.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, Yes, technically Giants at Jets.
Speaker 5: Giants at Jets, and this will be the last preseason game they played three now not four, So you'll see. Sure, a healthy dose of Dart and Smith. I would hope so, because before you know, it will be two weeks and the Giants will be taken on Dallas. What are the Jets in Tennessee?
Speaker 7: Jets week one?
Speaker 5: I think not sure. Robert Seller the former Jet coaches now the Titan sead coach in Tennessee and there are pinsive coordinator was Brian Dabole? Did you know that? And Tennessee beat the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks last night?
Speaker 7: Yes I did.
Speaker 5: How about that again, Tommy DeVito threw a long touchdown pass? How about whoa? And his retarded old agent was he looks why does he have that guy? He looks so stupid Italian? He looks stupid, looks. It looks terrible. It's not even funny. It was like it's kind of funny the first time. But now he's getting older, that guy, he still dresses like.
Speaker 7: It's a little weird. Oh my gods, and the shoes and oh my god, it's everything.
Speaker 5: So a sixty nine yard strike though, Yeah you again into England?
Speaker 10: Right, yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Homy d Vito.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they were playing against the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Oh they were a j Brown didn't play. No, Jalen Hurts didn't play.
Speaker 7: No, no, and Drake May didn't play no nope. Well yep, all right, well we'll see what happens to go going on WE three Action coming up this weekend.
Speaker 5: No we won't, Yeah, yeah we will. You're gonna watch it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What do the Eagles have?
Speaker 7: Uh wrapping out?
Speaker 5: I don't know, all over it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm all over it. Well, but I'm gonna watch. Yeah, this is the game I'm wanna watch. Most do you watch season games?
Speaker 5: You watch it an Eagles package?
Speaker 30: No?
Speaker 7: I no, I have the Sunday Night ticket package on YouTube TV.
Speaker 5: And they show every preseason game too. I don't even know.
Speaker 7: Yeah they should, Okay, I don't know, but honestly, I haven't been checking it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I probably secrets. I'll be in Vegas, right, so they'll love every game. Yes, exactly, gonna be betting on preseason football, these de.
Speaker 7: General degenerates, absolutely, all right. That's your sports sponsored by Pete Morgan, Yes, that's it. Yeah, and sponsor by Peple Morgan, pilos Porler's go to pillos Orlers dot com from you peerless.
Speaker 5: Was there a race at the White House?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, the old Grand Prix at the White House. I have the idea who Wonkwood wont he's American? Okay, cool, that's cool.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think Mario one Dreddie was there too. I don't. I saw a picture of them.
Speaker 7: I guess is that Formula one? I guess what is that?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 7: It's like the really fast one.
Speaker 5: The the like the India waste cause yeah, like a land right right? All right?
Speaker 7: So that that's cool. That happened in Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: Yesterday.
Speaker 7: How about that good use of our time? That's uh your sports sponsored go to Pierless Boilers to find a deal. Giant wasted time, Peerless Boilers, the world's best part boilers. I'm just like on seventy seven w I.
Speaker 1: Be saying Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 20: Mom Dommie is terrorizing New Yorkers all over again. He's told to stay away from this year's twenty fifth nine eleven Remembers ceremony by victims families.
Speaker 9: He refuses to.
Speaker 21: I will proudly honor the families, the survivors, the first responders forever impacted by that horrific terror attack by standing alongside them.
Speaker 20: But they don't want him there, and it's very personal. It's obvious he is traumatizing them all over again.
Speaker 22: We felt that having Mandami there would show disrespect to our family members because of the people he supports.
Speaker 20: So the victims' families have started a petition demanding he stay away. He appointed Ramsey Cassem, New York City's Chief council, who previously represented Ahmed al Dharby, convicted in an al Qaeda tanker bombing plot. He's besties with Hassan Piker, who said, you know, America deserves nine eleven.
Speaker 9: So the list goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 5: This guy is a terrorist. You don't want to say it, I'll say it. He's a terrorist. He's a Jahattist. He hates America unless you're Muslim. Maya Mamdani has no use for you.
Speaker 20: So here's a thought, Mandami, take the day off since you align with Jihattist and have friends.
Speaker 9: Who excuse the horrific day.
Speaker 20: Three hundred and forty three firefighters, nearly three thousand lives lost.
Speaker 9: This is not a photo op. It's their lives.
Speaker 5: He started the petition on behalf of the families, which almost started with a young lady named Nancy Nee whose brother George Kine latter seven FDNY, was murdered on nine to eleven. He died that day, was killed, and they want to make sure that their families remains or someplace where they can get to it, not in a museum, so they have to wait on line with tourists and have to abide by the museum hours. So this guy, Jack Joyce, started another petition won by Gallante, keep the mayor away. This one give the families the right to see their own families remains, and Jack Joyce will join us. Isn't that right?
Speaker 7: Justin Oh yeah, just poked them on the phone about ten minutes ago.
Speaker 5: Guy, he's coming up.
Speaker 27: Yep.
Speaker 5: I did want to make mention of Saturday afternoon. I want to thank my dear friend, the president of the New York Yankees, the Great Randy Levine. I told them a story that a couple of years ago, my dear buddy Vinnie Viola, who owns the Florida Panthers. They won two of the last three Stanley Cups, two of the last three, and he also owned horses, owns horses, but one horse in particular that you may have heard of His horse won the Kentucky Derby this year and also won the Belmont Stakes. Probably would have won the Preakners too, but they elected not to run the horse because it was a much shorter race. The name of the horse Golden Tempo. So my dear friend Vinnie Viola, who President Trump, I remind people, actually offered the Secretary of Army position two back in twenty sixteen when Trump first won. Vinnie turned it down. Vinnie had this proxy of DCD American Knight out of Florida Panther Game a couple of winters ago against this Seattle creaking and we raised a lot of money. I'm not gonna put the figure out there, but the thought of Panther organization, specifically Vinice Hockey team wrote the charity a huge check, huge check, very big. So I went to Randy at the beginning of the baseball season. I mentioned Vinnie and I said, well the Yanks, and he said, sid don't go any further. We got you. So sure enough, last Saturday, two days ago, the Yankees held the very first ever this Proxya DCD America charity event in Randy's box forty five Nike you Rany Levine, and we had all of our buddies. Low and MJ were there. You guys were great, justin you were there. You were a tonup on Orrin and Paige, doctor Brad Wasserman. I got a kick out of doctor Brad's daughter Julia. She was funny, fifteen years old, bunny kid. He had a bunch of other relatives there, Doctor Brad, Washerman and his station, his station, excuse me, his orfice manager. I forgot their names. I'm sorry. Mark Orange was supposed to provide the name for me, but he hasn't done it. But Mark Oranger was there. We love Mark al Volpi. How great is.
Speaker 7: Alval Is he great?
Speaker 5: Is he not great? And his beautiful wife. I tell you my wife, Danielle love Volpi's wife loved her, so he was there. Then you had my buddy Robert Gilbert who owns Vivid right, not not the porn, but the Vivid jets. Robert was there with his son Brandon and two buddies of his own. He was terrific. I don't want to miss anybody. Am I missing anybody else? I don't think so, right, I don't know. I think that was Oranger.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, we were sitting the front row is like, may you.
Speaker 7: Oran was sitting right next to Oren was right there on page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I got everybody, My wife, Danielle, Gabriel.
Speaker 26: Looked great, looked great.
Speaker 5: Thank you. It was a great time.
Speaker 26: Gabe took the SAT that morning.
Speaker 5: My son how to get up at six point thirty on Saturday morning head to Lincoln High School in Coney Island to take the SATs. We picked them up in an uber out in front of Lincoln High School, Danielle and I and we came straight to the Bronx to see you guys, and what a great day it was. Yeah, he's lost, but it was a great party.
Speaker 7: It was a unbelievable day.
Speaker 5: He was fun. Yeah, you guys start to finish.
Speaker 7: It was just the perfect we got.
Speaker 5: We got a big night coming up tomorrow night at Lasorentina, our local Italian restaurant. There's really two Rocos is great too. The two Vinnies do a great job. But Lasorentino with John and Joseph, and we're going to celebrate tomorrow Me and Danielle, m Jay's birthday with Lewis about that tomorrow. A lot going on, got a lot going on, so a special thanks to Randy Levine and ray Nee Gron He was there. What's up with his documentary in his book.
Speaker 7: I gotta get in touch him. We're gonna get him on.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's great. It's not even close. The job the Yankees do compared to the Mets ridiculous. I mean it is night and day and Randy is great. And he made sure he came back to that suite like ten times. Yeah, ten times, and he had his whole other sweet going forty five and.
Speaker 7: We saw cash on the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we see Brian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was super nice, nice, very nice.
Speaker 5: Cashman's a very nice guy, very nice guy him.
Speaker 7: By the end of the conversation, yes, Pride, my friend Briye I called him Brian. Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 5: He told the whole story about the whole Wayne Cash started. Yeah, he's a very nice guy. And he sits right there to the left of us Randy's outside the box at forty four. That's where Cashman sits. And he's always very talkative and very very friendly and very nice. So thank you once again to Randy Levine who was gonna fix college sports because it's a mess. College football season starts on Saturday. I can't wait. I love college football. I love it.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 26: Also, who it was that Carrie?
Speaker 5: Who was the hot carry She's the rhythm. She's always she always does that that sweet She's always great.
Speaker 7: She was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's always.
Speaker 7: She just kept restocking them.
Speaker 5: She was there last time too, justin obviously when you were Yeah, she was great, Carrie, Thank you very much. Great care Herrandy's gonna fix college football and keep the Yankees great. We'll take a short break. You got two amazing guests inter row. Coming up, Jack Joyce. This is a very important nine to eleven petition for the family members who lost their loved ones. They want their remains. This is very important. Jack Joyce coming up, and then the brilliant business mind Sid and Friends in.
Speaker 1: The morning on the Red Apple Podcast network, Giovanni Gallante's.
Speaker 25: Eighty fifty two Our belief And when we spoke, I only had about fifteen hundred two thousand.
Speaker 28: You didn't give you enough credit.
Speaker 25: Your listeners and the support that I've gotten, they love you, they love this petition. I have to say I called you back and I said I want to come on the show and I want to thank everyone that sent me emails, everyone that signed the petition, and everyone.
Speaker 24: That's sharing it, they've been great.
Speaker 25: I got to say, your audience is spectacular.
Speaker 5: I went to a party. I told you this years ago. I think it was a massive pequal and I sat down with my wife and there was a mass card there and I'll never forget. The gentleman's name was George Kane. I didn't know him, but it turns out he was an FDNIFI fighter latter seven and he was killed on not eleven. And we still have that mask card, Danielle and I. I don't know him, I don't know his family members. I know very little about him, but it's weird. It really stuck with me. And then I get this tached from Jen Harrison and she sends me this letter that this guy Caine's sister, Nancy Knee sent to President Trump like a decade ago, about making sure the family members of the nine to eleven victims that were murdered are able to see that family remains and not have to stand online, not have to worry about museum hours and all that. And it seemed pretty logical to me. So, just like a lote's petition, I'm on board with this one too. And I guess the gentleman that started this petition is a guy named Jack Joyce, and he's actually on the phone right now. Jack, Good morning, buddy. How are you good?
Speaker 24: Morne said, how are you?
Speaker 5: It's great to have you. Are you on Long Island?
Speaker 24: No, I'm actually overlooking Lake George right now. I'm I'm usually in Long Island, but I'm upvacation up in Lake George.
Speaker 5: I love it up there, Glens Falls and Saratoga. It's gorgeous up there. Yep. Okay, So I'm pretty sure that I got the mass cart for this gentleman, Michael Kaine at a party in massive pequal Back then, I was even friends with one of the Bodman brothers, not Stephen, but Billy. You t not be a complete asshole, but anything. So I saw this name. Michael Kaine has kind of haunted me for the last twenty five years. And then I'm made aware of this letter that his sister sent to President Trump's. If you wouldn't mind, Jack, give me some background on this story and how you did a great job by starting your petition. Well.
Speaker 24: Rosemary Kine is George Kane's mother and that was assist in me. She I also I posted a letter from her mother also who asked the President to make the World Trade Center a true national memorial run by the US Park Service. Probably ninety nine percent of America thinks that the US Park Service, you know, would would run this. They're not. It's run by a private organization. And we're trying to put the World Trade Center in a trifle place along with the two national memorials, right, you know, Gettysburg, the USS Arizona, you know.
Speaker 5: And the Light.
Speaker 24: I mean, this is where twenty seven hundred and fifty three people were murdered, and much more have passed away since then, the firefighters, including myself. I'm a battalion chief, retired becuins of nine to eleven. I've had two cancers so far, and I'm going through another process. I'm going through another process right now.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 24: Now, listen, we look forward, we don't look back, except for one thing we never forget, and that's what I did. So twenty something years ago, the nine eleven families came up to me and asked me to help them to get this thing done. And I'm saying, twenty three years I've been down in Congress, walking the halls of Congress with them, Rosemary Kane, Warren Centaura Richie, Jimmy Ritchie's who tragically passed away from nine to eleven. Yeah, you know, I mean, Jimmy was a great guy. And so what I'm trying to do is just make aware to make the world traits in the National Memorial. Now September eighteenth of twenty twenty four, out in Nasall Colosseum. I called the Boss, but people called the President these days. But the President said that he would make it a true national memorial in the honor of There was about sixty nine to eleven family members that were there. They didn't know that's just going to happen. And I was made aware of it, and you know, I bought them all in, you know, to have them and they were all surprised because they've been working on it so long to get this done. They just feel it. No politician, no political party, should run it. There's no Democrat, no Republican, no independent. It's an American tragedy. This is where Americans were killed, and that's the way it should be. I got the petition up and run just like you you mentioned Giovanni Delante's petition. I've talked to him about his and joined his thing, and and this is where we are. We're trying to do it, and some of the people are a little apprehensive filling out this petition because they don't know where all the information goes. And just for your information, this was donated by a company they want to remain anonymous. And all the information actually goes nowhere, goes back to the nine to eleven families, So there's no third party anything I'd call you up or anything like that. So that's where we are. And you know, it's it's taken off. I mean on Facebook and everywhere else. We're getting a lot of traction on it. And you know, I would like to see this happen on a twenty fifth year. You know it's it's you know, if if I don't know, if you remember January this year, our great Governor Kathy Hochel decided to illuminate the World Trade Center green and that was in honor of Muslim months and that didn't go over to well May and a lot of the families and if any a listeners want to look that up, please do, because it was the whole month of January, I get Veterans Day or the veterans get one day and Muslim monk on the green light. So also Mayam and Damie. As you saw and saw the pictures in the Fight Department headquarters, put the prayer rugs out in front of the nine to eleven memorial in the lobby. Yeah. So you know, it's creeping back into the world trades in a site and other places. And I think I think the best thing we could ever do in honor those people, including George, George Kane, you know, Jimmy, Richie's a whole bunch of frying friends that were killed, is to make the world trades in our national memorial, true national memorial run by the US Box Service. I can't believe that, Bill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't believe this is even a debate at this point. By the way, Peter King checks in the former great Congressman. He said, George Kane's mother, Rosemary, is a great friend, his brother Dan is terrific. One of George's sisters worked at Fox, and Peter King actually spoke at George's funeral. So, just not to get confused, So your petition is to make the World Trade Center which I'm behind one hundred percent. A national memorial, not the one where people like Caine's sister, they want to make sure that they can go see the remains of their families and loved ones without standing online with a bunch of tourists and having to worry about the museum ours. That's not yours, that's not mine. Okay, So you want to make the World Trade Center a national memorial, President Trump, I would imagine I was there that day, I think at Nashall Coliseum when it was campaigning. It was right before I spoke for him at Madison Square Garden. He brought it up, so he's aware of it. He wants to do it. It may take a whisper in the President's ear in Dallas in a couple of weeks, but I'm willing to do that to forward this for you.
Speaker 24: I can't I can't tell you should how much this would mean, not only to all the nine eleven families were all of America. Everyone knows where they were. Everyone, you know. It's just if you asked one hundred people if the world US Park Service was running at ninety nine point nine, would tell you.
Speaker 5: I thought, so they're running.
Speaker 24: Will Shanksville is run by the US Box Service and the Pentagon is run They're building a building next to the Pentagon, but because the Pentagon's on the Department of Defense, because it's military, they have their own thing run by the US Box Service. Now we have the Statue of Liberty right across the street. It's not even an issue about where the US Box Service is going to be. And here's one other one that you know, it's it's it's great. I have no problem with But President Obama designated the Stonewall in memorial so I mean, that's that's great. I have no problem with that. But you know what we have where twenty seven hundred and fifty fifty three thousand people, and you know, these poor families are just asking for something simple. This is not a big ask, it's not. So I've been on this thing for twenty something years and finally got President Trump to, you know, say that the world at the National Coliseum. It's great.
Speaker 5: I think we can move this forward. This is Jack Joyce, a brave firefighter. He's been ill a couple of times since nine to eleven. He lost a lot of friends that day, and he's trying to do something that I thought was done. I'm not going to lie to you. I really thought it was a memorial part of the National Parks. Had no idea. I literally just found this out from you five minutes ago, which is shocking, and there's no excuse for it. I'm not okay with it. What do you think about Galante's petition? Though, mister Jacks as a former firefighter, I will be there.
Speaker 24: I will be there. I signed that petition. I talked to him almost right away. We were back and forth, and I commended him on his his mission. He's a nine to eleven family member, I mean his his wife. He has nothing left of his wife. He's nothing but the memory. It's horrible.
Speaker 5: So you don't think the mayor should be there?
Speaker 24: Right? No way. I don't think the mayor should be there, not the way, Not with his attitude and when he's he's talking about the father and everything else. N he's not. He's not. He's not.
Speaker 5: And you're a pretty savvy guy. You've been around the city many many years. Are you aware of anything in the mayor's job description? For example, he does run the police department. He has to balance the budget, he's got to make life affordable and safe in New Yorkers. Are you aware of anything in his job description that makes it mandatory for him to be at the World Trade Center?
Speaker 24: No, No, there's nothing mandatory. Well he didn't go to the the Israeli de praademitting Nope, Well so's I don't see what his what his issue is. Maybe he could take a day off until somewhere.
Speaker 5: Be nice, right? I mean, do you do you like the idea that Bruce Blakeman was on this show a couple of weeks ago wanting for governor and he said, do what the cop said to the Blasio, just turn your backs on him. What do you think about that?
Speaker 24: I think that's a good idea. And actually I had a conversation with Bruce Blakeman a couple of weeks ago out in this club country club. He invited me out to talk about this, and he said, as if he'd be excovernor, he would make sure that it's done.
Speaker 5: And he's not kidding. I don't know if you know this, but his nephew was murdered. His sister Linda's son was murdered.
Speaker 8: You know, No, he told me.
Speaker 24: He told me, And he also was in charge of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. He was running the Trade Center from two thousand and one and two thousand and nine, and he was he was adamant, according to what he's telling me, he was adamant that this thing he moved over. So here's another good guy that's you know, we need to back and get behind.
Speaker 5: A republic you know, you know another good guy in a Republican which is no. So do me a favor of because I'm going to actually take this audio, Jack Joyce, I promise you, I'm going to take this audio. I'm going to text it to President Trump as soon as you and I are done. Just give me one more passionate plea about what you want done here for the families of nine to eleven, and I'll text it to Trump. I promise.
Speaker 24: You got it? You ready? I am President Trump. Please follow through your promise that you made September eighteen, twenty twenty four, at the National Coliseum. Make the World Trade Center a true national memorial run by the US Park Service, and the nation will be forever thankful, and especially in the nine to eleven families will be in your heart.
Speaker 5: It's perfect. God, that's perfect. I don't know you, man, but I think I love you. You sound like such a great guy, Jack Joyce. When you get back to cliss, when you get back to civilization and you leave the beautiful upstate New York, you hope me to stop by the city. I'll take your full lunch. It's nice to meet your palm. Thank you for all your service.
Speaker 24: Sid, Thank you so much for getting us out there. I think everybody said to be shocked, like yourself. Really, nobody realized that this is going on. And I think it to be taken over by the National Park Service.
Speaker 5: No question. Like I said, I thought I already was. But we'll help get this thing done. Jack Joyce, you're a hero. Thank you so much.
Speaker 24: Thanks San, you have a great thank you too.
Speaker 5: Jack Choyce right there, former firefighter and he's been through a lot, been sick a couple of times, but trying to make the World Trade Center. I thought it was part of the National Parks Department, and I'm shocked. These are no decisions. This is easy, right, Why are we even talking about here? Just make these families happy all at any This is an easy one, but at any cost, make these families happy. These people want to work and given the choice of getting burned alive by jet fuel, young people do twenty two year old kids decided to jump from the hundredth floor because that was less painful than being burnt alive. And we're having conversations as to whether or not a mayor who's friendly with people who said we deserved it. I don't care that Assan Piker took it back. He took it back again this weekend as he made fun of Charlie Kirk. What a piece of garbage he is. I'll say this right now, if I ever face to face with Hassan Piker, I'll punch him across the face. You want to print it, you want to get me in trouble, I don't care. Is it a threat? Yeah? If I ever see Hassan Piker he walks up to me that bastard America deserved nine to eleven, and we are Charlie Kirk singing and joking about the assassination of that beautiful young man. I don't know what I would do. I really don't. So we're actually arguing whether or not the mayor should be there, as if that's part of his job description, because every other mayor went every other mayor, including the worst Bill de Blasio. Was it hanging out with Hassan Piker or co conspirators of the nineteen ninety three Raw Trade Center bombing, or hiring people who actually worked to defend al Qaeda? That's Mom, Dannie. It's exclusive to Mom Donnie. It's not any other mayor. And to make this part of the National Parks Department? Are we nuts? What are we doing here? So now I'm on this too. I got a lot of work to do. Lewis a lot.
Speaker 26: It's unfortunate that this list is big. These should Blakely said, should not be any desibiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll talk to one another, great American, one of the smartest business minds you'll ever meet. Go Woke, Go Broke is his book. He's exactly right. Our dear friend, Charlie Gasparino is back on SID and Friends in the Morning. He's next Sid and.
Speaker 1: Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Radio show in New York. News Dog And to be honest, I should go to prison for what I do to them every day. That's how badly I beat him. I should be in prison. Curtis goes, he's lying. He didn't get his seven point four. Oh yeah, I did. In the demo that we count six point seven WABC point seven w l R, which carries all four hours six point seven plus point seven. Curtis Eugenius is a seven point four, You got a one point four. Let's take away l R six point seven to one point four. Hope Friday's just came back three days ago six point three to one point five. I'm destroying you. You should retire, go home. You failed miserably in both runs for mayor. You're doing even worse when you proclaim you would be the new number one and unseat me. I'm embarrassing you. Then you lie. So I'm sure Nielsen will have a good time with those guys. But I mentioned this now because Charlie Gasparino on his Twitter out of nowhere comes out and says Sid's the best.
Speaker 27: You know.
Speaker 5: I saw that tweet, Charlie, Thank you very much.
Speaker 27: Truth as defense. Huh. By the way, I hope Curtis stays there, just because I know wantim to run again.
Speaker 5: He is running again. Though he's running again, I mean, he's making such a mockery and people go to me, he must be making a lot of money because he was able to tell John Kaintu Matidis to go f himself, right, And we know that that station doesn't pay anybody anybody, so he keeps running. Why would he keep doing that if he's not making money? I don't know, Charlie.
Speaker 27: You know, you know I like Curtis. I've known it forever. He disappointed me by you know, the problem I had with him is not that he ran on principle. Maybe he did, but he seemed to be running against Cuomo and not my comedy daw Right. And if you're and if you're like you know, if he's just like a sentient human being as much as you dislike hooma, if you like dislike and go for it.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 27: But I'm just saying, like, there's a reason, there's you know, there you can make a good case that Dandrick Corman wasn't a great governor, particularly that last term. You know, this choice is easy here, and you know I just and so he disappointed me. I don't want to I don't want to engage in sort of nasty rhetoric with him.
Speaker 5: And you know, I just hold on, but put the Cuomo stuff aside, because he clearly suffers from c Como derangement syndrome. Do you know last week he actually called the nine to eleven families of the victims sore losers. They should suck it up, mom, Donnie won, he's the mayor. Don't listen to sid Rosenberg. He always brings my name up. Nobody was better at the Curtis in six years than me, not even John. Nobody was better to him than me. Nobody. And yeah, he called the nine eleven families last week sore losers.
Speaker 27: Come on, you know, just stay away from that. I mean, here's what I would say. And this gets to your earlier point about ratings. When you're like number two and buy at the numbers, don't lie.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 27: Maybe you can shoot a couple of lines, a couple of things, a heroin in your arm, and come out with you know he's winning. But I mean, but when you're that far behind, and I've seen this, I've seen this being in journalism for as long as and TV journalism. Remember I started as a print reporter. Like the TV news business was different. When people are behind in ratings and they focus on their ratings and they start stretching and they start doing stupid things. And I've seen it, and more often than not, it blows up careers in broadcast journalism. Maybe you could do that if you have a podcast and it's a very niche audience and you know you're playing for the clicks and all that, Like you know, something like a Nike point based goes nuts and you know all these crazy people listen to him, so he gets paid on clicks and stuff like that. But if you're in the business that we're in, which is essentially mainstream broadcast journalism, it never ends well when you go out on the limb, and even if you're looking for for eyeballs and controversy. So I would you know this is not going to end well if you start criticizing nine to eleven families for being annoyed at justifiable anore DOMMI poor people, Like it's not like you're talking about Rudy Giuliani. You're talking about Mandami rightbelieving it's so it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: But I did have a guest on just now and I didn't know this because I don't know everything, Okay, I just don't. His name is Jack Joyce. He was a firefighter he's been sick with cancer a couple of times. And he signed he actually created a petition years ago on behalf of the nine to eleven families that to make the World Trade Center a national museum. And he said that President Trump even said he would do it when he was campaigning at Nasall Coliseum back in twenty twenty four. I gotta tell you, Charlie, I thought that was already the case. I'm shocked by this.
Speaker 27: Well, it is private property. That doesn't mean you can't have a museum there. You know, government taking over private property is you know, I have to understand the I mean, I know it's hollowed ground. Trust me. I was there. You know. My dad worked on the Trade Center. My dad was an ironworker. He took me down there in nineteen seventy two. We were going to de cease this Anthony over on Sullivan's sty Thompson. I can't remember where it was. And he took me and I was like, so seventy two, I was like ten years old, nine years old. We we went. He was the foreman of the lobby. He was my dad was an ironwork. It was known as a while after and I remember him taking me down there, and then you know, fast forward to nine to eleven. I worked at the Wall Street Journal, which was across the street. And if it wasn't for a doctor's appointment, I would have been right there.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 27: I still covered it, and I covered it to this. I mean I was there two days later. You know the the you know Dow Jones where it was across the street from Meryll on Liberty Street. Merrill was, as I remember, was a morgue. Smelled like death. I was down there a lot. I got prostate cancer. So yeah, I got prospect cancer later on. And you know, I probably from that. I mean, who knows, But I'm just saying. My brother was was a doctor at Bellevue at the time, was part of the Bucket Brigade. So my family has I have an affinity to that place in a in a way, in a way that I mean, I'm not a firefighter. I wasn't there, you know, but I was there, and it was and to just detegrate the families.
Speaker 24: It's just terrible.
Speaker 5: By the way, our mutual friend Bo Deedle was also an eyronworker and helped.
Speaker 27: At the trade center. Yeah, no, he was a tired worker. My dad was a laugh, which is a little different, gotcha, But you know they were all down there and they were very patriotic and to see. And by the way, I when bo I did a story about bo Securities business during nine to eleven, I was and that we were downtown a lot during that time, breathing that crack.
Speaker 5: Terrible time. I lived in Chelsea on twenty first and eighth and I went to work every day in a story of queens at WFN with bloodshot eyes every day because the smoke was just brutal. And I lived wasn't down the block, was closed, but not down the block, and my eyes were bloodshot red. You mentioned Mom, Donnie. I did see one of your story He's yesterday. It was great. You're always You're a great writer. Charlie Gaspuino with me right now, and I don't know. I think Randy Pastro is kind of like a hero what he's doing with this lawsuit about the second home tax here in New York. I love the work that Randy Mastro is doing.
Speaker 27: He's a big bull.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 27: Randy Mastro used to yell at me all the time. When I was a kid. I covered City Hall. I worked for New York news Day. I worked for something called the Bondbar, where I covered the finance side of city Hall, and then I worked in Newsday, and then I went to the journal. I still covered, you know, the municipal bonzas related to New York City. And you know I used to get yelled at by older Giuliani people. There are my friends now, but you know, Randy Levine needs to yell at me, Randy masters to yell at me. Who do you see yell at me? Joe Loda, who's a good friend of mine, used to yell at me. Joe's now a big wheel over at Langoon. These are all guys I know for years. But you know, here's what I never mind mind getting yelled at by people, like if they don't like my story and I think I screwed something, but I just don't care, you know, because it's an open line of communications. You can keep talking, you know. But what I have to admit is that the Giuliani people and I covered him, we're so hyper confident. And I will say this about or about about Mandami going up against Randy Mastro, and I think I quoted someone in there is like it's gonna be no fun because this guy is a dog with a bone, and you know he's he's gonna and he's smart, and he knows the law, and you know, he knows the law from inside because he knows municipal law. So like if he's suing you over the peditary attacks, he knows what can fly and what can't fly from a municipal law standpoint. He knows that he knows the rent control guidelines inside and out. Plus he's a killer litigator, so he put all that together. And you know, I mean, you know, Randy mastro versus, who's the corporation council for the city blank.
Speaker 5: Oh please, that's not even close. Randy saw mad on a birthday this week and I think it got to my teen's breakfast. I mean, Derek Adams was there on the whole.
Speaker 27: That is funny you mention that because at the last minute I had a change, I had a correct sub at sixty nine, and then I realized, oh shit, Jesus birthday.
Speaker 5: It's true. It just happened literally like badio say. I don't know, but happy birthday to Randy Mashall. So last time you were on, besides talking about the deal that the Yankees did with Apollo, which two point six billion coming the Yankees way, and the twelve billion dollar deal that Jared Kushner's brother and Eiger did with the Los Angeles Lakers. You talked about this impending deal, this potential deal, probable deal between Warner brothers in paramount, but there seems to be issues with that. Now, what's that all about.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I tweeted about this last night and loan behold, it was a foreshadowed what happened this morning, so I started taking the temperature. So there's gonna be settlement talks. There was supposed to be settlement talks because there's lots of pressure on this lefty loon brob Bonta, California Attorney General, still need to break up a deal that is not even close to anti trust. He just hates it because the Ellison's of friends with Trump or Larry Elson, at least David Elson is kind of a non political guy. That David Elson is the kid, and he's more than just a kid. You know, there's a lot of people put him off as some lucky sperm kid. He's not. He's really smart. He's a good director, good producer, but you know, he wants to build and build this empire out by taking these sort of you know, middling companies. Warner Brothers is very good theatrically, but it's got wicked balance sheet problems if you just have to look at it. I've been covering it for a long time. David Zasloff has done a great job trying to fix that. But still it's got a long way to go. It needs to merge Paramount, same thing even more so, so he wants to He wants to do something interesting, put two struggling companies together and produce a big company that goes against the tech Titans and Netflix somehow. You know, this guy bonted with Tiss James, who's one of the worst public officials we got in this country. They they're sort of contorting themselves into greeting an anti trust case, like like these companies could do great on their own and just gonna hire everybody because they're not, because they're not swimming in debt and making so much money. It's so stupid. So they were supposed to do settlement negotiations because they're under a lot of pressure from some you know, it's hard to say that that Xavier Sera and News our mainstream, but they're more mainstream than than this clown Bonta.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean right by by the way right now, but right now, but Sarah is beating the living daylights out of Steve Hilton in those polls.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I mean, that doesn't surprise me. And that's the state. Everybody that was normal right away. But you know, but you know, and I've been there, that place is the most dysfunctional place in the world. Uh, in the d l A. And it's just the big cities and everything. So in any event, they were gonna they were gonna do this sort of negotiation or settlement. And you know, I tweeted last night that sorry, that's my neighbors dogs. They love me. The I'm in South Carolina, by the way, he said, I didn't know. Yeah, at a little place by the way, my backyard, I gotta I got a tight alligator in my backyard.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Uh, are you able to vote for Darley and Graham there tomorrow?
Speaker 27: Now I'm not a resident just yet, but she's all over the place. But in any event, they were gonna have settlement discussions. I reported last night that the peace guy, the people at the Ellis, and people were like, we're not we're not confident. We think he's we think he's full of you know what, and he's just looking to play the string here to get as much publicity to be someday governor. And lo and behold this morning he pulled. He said no settlement. He said something stupid, He made up an excuse. He said, they leaked the story?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 27: What story did they leaked? Did they lead to me that they weren't hopeful? I mean, that was the only story I saw last night, was the thing that I wrote. And maybe he thought that was a leak.
Speaker 5: I don't know. But he said when they when they when they want to get more serious, they can call us back and that we'll do something. Only only only sixty seconds ago. Scott Bessen is going to talk later on today, and it looks like right now President Trump is trying to win the Iran war by just strangling which he's been doing for a while. Just strangling Ion economically will not get it done.
Speaker 27: Charlie, He's got to do more than I mean, well, let's see what Besson said. I mean, if they do, if they pull the nuclear option, economically, yeah, that could do it. But I mean this is about like making sure nothing moves, no currency moves, anybody that helps them get stinged. That's where we should be really focusing our trade wars with anybody right now that helps Iran. We should be. We should not be like going after Canada. And even as much as I don't like the Canadians, and you know, trust me, I'm sure, I'm sure they try to screw us locking right, but we need to be hyper focused on getting this thing done. And one way to do that is to build coalitions and to economically squeeze him. You're not gonna do if you're not going to invade the country, which who wants that? But you really got to do it. And you know, we'll see what he says. I got business the smart guy. If anybody knows how to do it.
Speaker 5: It's him. He's great. Joy smart guy too. I love having you on this show in Joyce, South Carolina. Thank you for your loyalty and friendship, Charlie Gasprino, your terrific. Thank you so much.
Speaker 24: I'm to talk you soon.
Speaker 5: God bless you, my friend, Charlie Gasparino. Right there, what a smart guy will take a break, A lot more to do Joe Tacopina is going to stop by We Love the Italians.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 5: Let me read this to you guys quickly. We had this guy, Jack Joyce on earlier and again that was a Jen Harrison deal and he wants to make He's been trying to make the World Trade Center a national monument forever. Charlie Gasprino did say, listen, listen, do you really want the government taking over private property that is private property? Some I guess corporation owns it. I don't know, but I think in this case, you make an exception.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 5: So Joyce came on and made a very good argument for this, and then he sent this text to Joe afterwards. He said, please, thank Sid and you for taking the time to speak with me today. You both are true patriots of America. My phone has not stopped, and especially the nine to eleven families, some even crying that someone has finally heard them. I'm also sending Rose Marie Knees letter to President Trump pleading to make the WTC a true national memorial. Thank you from a proud American firefighter, Jack Joyce.
Speaker 7: That's beautiful, just really really nice.
Speaker 5: We did a great thing today. We did a great thing today. We always do great things. Yeah, but good like that, Giovanni Gallante, Jack Joyce. You got an issue in this city, you come to SID. That's the bottom line. You want to run for office in the city, you come to SID. That one. We know. Actually, I have to pick a date Caroline SHINKLELU loves that girl, so do I. So her mother sent me four dates in September because I promise i'd host a party for a you know, like a an event. Said, I picked David good sized place, the Beach Cafe, because she's an Upper east Side girl running on the Upper east Side. So she sent me four post nine to eleven dates yesterday and I got to pick one for Caroline Shinkle, who I did reach out to this weekend because I've got advice and she takes it and she's appreciative of it too. I'm not even running. See, I'm not running for office, but I think I'm more prepared than even most of the candidates, I swear to God, I believe.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just doing this every day and becoming friendly with President Trump and bib Nttin yaou and the amount of Congress people I speak to Mike Laurer today, the amount of Senators I speak, to, the events I speak at. I'll be speaking in Las Vegas a week from today at the Republican Jewish Coalition. And you saw the list of speakers from Keith Sondling to Scott Jennings to Tim Sheey to Dave McCormick, to Jim Jordan, to Brandon Gill to the vek Ramaswami to Randy Fine to Dan Patrick to Mike Rogers. He's let's go on and on, and I get up there like I'm a politician. I'm not the dopey radio guy. You know, one minute I'm discussing an important topic and the next I could be discussing alex hemorrhoids. Whoa, but both are equally want you to keep that. Do you have hemorrhods?
Speaker 25: No?
Speaker 5: Well, I saw that Joe Ye will eventually to discussing what's what giant games I'm going to this year. I've already got tickets for the eighteenth against the Saints, thankye, Danielle. And then November eighth, I'm gonna go visit my daughter avon Pennsylvania because she's a rock star. You penn law and we'll go Saturday. I'll take Ava for dinner Saturday night. Yeah, and then Sunday, I'm gonna go to the enemy the Link, the Eagles home field to watch my Giants, where you'll be with me. You'll be fine unless the Giants are bad. If they're like at that point, like two and five or something, I'm not going. I keep hearing how great the Giants are going to be. But your tickets, whatever, your ticket. I mean, I think they're going to be really good, the Giants, but we got to see first. Yeah, somebody offered me tickets to the Giants are niners in December. I'm like, I gotta see December.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Giants are like, you know, four and seven. What do I care? Like, I bail on my team's folks. I'm good like that. I bail no thanks football, especially freezing out there and getting home, oh god, four hours in the parking lot. And like Gab and I on the eighteenth, we're taking public transportation, so we take the train to Secaucus, Caucaus, right to the stadium. It's great and the weather's so nice in October. But November December Giants stadium for a losing football team. What are you nuts?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 5: Thanks, no muss. All right, So these are the the important issues we discussed on this show, and yet everybody wants to talk to me. That's right.
Speaker 26: You might as well hang a sign in front of the studio, says Jenko.
Speaker 5: Olive oil, Jenko olive oil.
Speaker 10: You don't get it.
Speaker 5: I don't. I wish I did. Was it Glen Garry, Glenn Ross Godfather? Godfather? Okay? Business? He starts, you see the thing with me is.
Speaker 26: And then the people are coming in. It's already starts right away with the favors.
Speaker 5: That's so. That's that's Wait is that veto on? Michael?
Speaker 10: It was Vito?
Speaker 5: Vito? Okay? So you gotta understand I've seen The Godfather a million times coming. But I know you're gonna get mad at me, and please don't.
Speaker 10: I know you don't like it.
Speaker 5: No, I like it. I like it. I don't love it. Goodbella is a better movie. Sorry? Oh you do agree? Oh? Good? And the second Godfather was better than the first godfother because at that point the Nero was still a human being, not a complete asshole. I mean, you want to talk about I'm not sure who I want to punch across the face more Hassan Piker or Robert de Niro. It's close.
Speaker 26: Well, maybe they'll be right next week.
Speaker 5: That'll be great. Oh that's like an orgasm right there.
Speaker 26: I think the papers will be putting out edition and who was standing next to Piker?
Speaker 5: Look at it? Niro? Take them both out with one shot. An, I gotta take a break. I'm sure I can do it with Tacopina. Can He's a beast. This guy's got arms like oh Cogan used to have. We'll talk to the greatest defense attorney anywhere in the world today, and most importantly, my friend of forty eight years, the great Joseph Tacopine.
Speaker 26: You can leave a gun there, I'll kill them both.
Speaker 10: That was Godfather, Godfather.
Speaker 5: Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 26: Yes, Clemenza can figure it out and leave a gun there.
Speaker 10: I'll come out and shoot them both.
Speaker 5: But that's not your favorite movie ever.
Speaker 24: You could.
Speaker 5: You could practically hold every line of Burst with a lot of movies, mister mom.
Speaker 10: No, so good.
Speaker 5: Multiplicity now that's another great Michael Keaton movie.
Speaker 26: Multiplicity.
Speaker 5: You can do that one too, you could.
Speaker 26: And Multiplicity you can do that one to.
Speaker 1: You see that, Yes, Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Been bestowed this major honor between Dom Alberte and Mike Keenan to host this at the theater at Madison Square Garden, which is huge. They need a bio justin so remind me. Okay, you got it. Thank you very much. Joe Takapina, best defense attorney anywhere in the world today, my friend of almost forty nine years, just a terrific, terrific guy. Joseph, Welcome back to sitting Brends.
Speaker 24: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing very very well. I mean, I guess I'm doing okay. I don't know. I've got a lot of value. I'm upset about a lot of things.
Speaker 28: I know about a lot of things. But that makes you doing well. I mean, that's why you are who you are? Is hell what it is if there's no controversy, you weren't angry that somebody Hassan Piker, Robert de Niro would be boring?
Speaker 5: Right, So every day I've actually threatened a couple of people with physical violence. Even what's this guy's name, he's another one these psychos. He's in the mom Donnie category. And I went on Twitter and I said, you better hope you don't bump into me in the street somewhere to New York City. God wrong. Oh, his name is just you know, his name is Hassan Mehdi Goad.
Speaker 27: There's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 28: A little old school throw down. I mean, everyone's this society turned so soft. You used to be able to get into a good first fight every now and then, and sometimes it's just settle things. I don't think there's anything wrong with except now everyone has a camera. Everyone has a you know, is videotaping anything, So you really, you know, you have to make sure that the other person goes first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, you're right about that. So last week I had Donna with Tunau One. I know you know she is. She's sure lawyer Fox News. So we were discoursing this Lindsay Clancy case and I'm into it. I'm not gonna lie. I remember the Susan Smith story years and years ago. She also killed her children. And here's what I've come away with. And a lot of people on social media agreed with me. The ones that didn't were pretty vicious. Listen to me. I'm a father, I'm a great father. I love my two children. Avan Gabriel you you're a great father. Joseph, You're a great grandfather. Okay, people like you and I could never even fathom, can never even fathom hurting one of our children, let alone killing them in such, you know, horrible fashion. But this is my opinion. I don't think Lindsay Clancy is evil. I don't. I think the combination of postpartum depression and the meds, which were the wrong meds, made her crazy and she did something that is horrendous. What she did was evil one hundred percent. But I don't think putting her in a maximum security prison is where she belongs. She belongs in a crazy house. Most other people on my social media agree the ones that didn't were vicious. What do you think?
Speaker 28: I think it's a good question, Sid, I mean, I think that this is really not an easy case. I mean, look, you think what you just said, right, a mother chills her children, that she should die, I mean died.
Speaker 5: That was my initial feeling, like die, just die.
Speaker 28: Just die because you and I we can never understand it. Okay, but I would not call this an easy prosecution conviction, and before hearing the psychiatric evidence, the facts, right, sending Patrick away killing the three children sequentially. The apparent planning sound absolutely devastating for any defense, any defense, But that doctor Resident gave gave Reddington something extremely important, which was really a coherent psychiatric explanation connecting the command hallucination, the distorted beliefs concerning the children and and suicidally and these killings themselves. Right, So you know, now the prosecution has has really mac directly attacking the theory, and rapportally has two additional bubble witnesses that will wait for the evidence before making a firm verdic. So at this one might say, I characterize it as gentle with the a dangerous case for the prosecution rather than a foregone conclusion of a murder commission. Because if look, if I'm the prosecutor, my concern isn't whether the jury believes Lindsey Clancy was mentally ill. Everyone knows she was profoundly ill. Mental illness did, and for your listener, shoul understand this does not equal in sanity defense. Not that alone. My concern is the prosecutors whether, after hearing all the psychiatchic evidence, I can get twelve jurors to say beyond a reasonable doubt that she nevertheless possessed that mental capacity required for criminal responsibility. That's the battlefield. And to here's someone like you who is as pro prosecution as anyone, yep, say what you just said, Yeah, shows me that that that's going to be their battle where I'm that's going to be that problem.
Speaker 5: So again, but yeah, I'm pro death penalty and I'm not sure this lady is guilty.
Speaker 28: Right, And that's why these cases so difficult, said, I've tried a lot of them. You cannot confuse three different concepts intent, mental illness, and criminal responsibility. So she could have had and could have and I think it clearly did intended the physical acts. She could have been profoundly mentally ill, and she still not have been criminally responsible on the Massachusetts law. And that's precisely what this jury has to untangle. And it's an easy case.
Speaker 5: Not easy now. In fact, the murder trial is about to resume in Plymouth's Massachusetts, as Joseph Joseph pointed out, and I think the defense is going to look to rest its case sometime this week. And then I guess I'd said it goes to the jury, right.
Speaker 28: Yeah, Well, no, the prosecution then will put on a rebuttal case. I believe that they've indicated that that the rebubbal case simply means that the prosecution goes first, presents their evidence, the defense of their cross examinations, whatever. Then the defense presents evidence if they have any no no obligation, of course, you know is defending, you have no obligation to do anything. But if they have evidence, they present it. And then if after the defense case is over, the prosecution wants to rebut some of these witnesses or evidence, they get through on a rebuttal case. And I believe that's what's gonna happen here.
Speaker 24: I think they have to.
Speaker 5: You know, I've seen so many times over the years, these cases where people they voices, right, I mean you go back to Summer Sam right, nineteen seventy seven, son of Sam, and I guess his dog don't want to do I don't know, Yeah he did. So now there's another case, this one Joseph. I literally started to cry this morning when I saw the picture of the murderer. Royce Moser. Handsome could be my son, could be one of your boys. Handsome of the tuxedo, This beautiful young girlfriend. What a cute kid, Caroline Heines. So this kid, this Heines, college soccer star and they're in California, Pennsylvania, and the boyfriend calls her and says, come over, I want to give you something. So she comes over. The boyfriend runs in the house and she thought he was going in to get her whatever gift he was going to give her. He ran inside the house and he got a knife, and he came back to the car. He plunged the knife into her chest. This a horrible, cute young girl killed her. And then the mother of this boy actually helped him clean the car dispose of the body. Now, when you talk about looking at a couple of people and trying to figure out how this could have ever happened, I promise you look at the pictures of Royce Moser and Caroline Heinz, you couldn't predict that in a million years. But he said, this kid, demons told him to do it. So clearly he's looking for the insanity defense. What a horrible story.
Speaker 28: Yeah, well, you know again this contradicting statements, and demons told me to do it. And the other statement he made was she said something to make him angry.
Speaker 5: Boy he said that he said, boy, so look.
Speaker 28: Look, and the demons told me to do it. Statements, right, I mean, if you look, there's certain things.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 28: If the law is on your side, you pound the law. If the facts are on your side, you pound the facts. If neither are on your side, you pound the table. And they're pounding in the table right now, I mean, right right, that's really how we look at it. To good like that the demons, the demons told me to do it. How convenient, right, I mean, you're dead to rights. You have no defense whatsoever factually, so somebody had to tell you to do it to get you off the hook.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 28: But let me just say this that that in and of itself, hearing voices is not equal insanity defense. Pennsylvania. This is where this case is, Like you just said, follows what's a relatively restrictive version of the MacNaughton rule. The McNaughton rule is the rule that we all learned in law school about the sanity defenses.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 28: The central question isn't simply whether he suffered from mental illness. Okay, here we go again. It's essentially whether because of the mental illness, the mental disease or the mental defect, he lacked the capacity to understand the nature and quality of what he was doing or that it was wrong. Well, here, you know he did because there was a massive cover up attempt afterwards, right, I mean the prosecutor was going to say, wait, he didn't know what he was doing. Yet he drove the vehicle away, asked mommy for help, participating in efforts to clean up the blood evidence you gloves, moved the jeep, the body from the location, disposed of, and the concealed the loss the knife forever. I mean, this is a master plan to cover up your actions. So those are actions of someone who understood perfectly well what he did. He knew what he did was wrong. The guilt argument. So this case is not like the case where we just talked about with Linda Cnancy, the mother who had some real psychosis going on. And again that's still a tough one for the jury. This one's a little less tough for me. I mean, how conveniences say, oh, a demon made me do it. But yet, of course he also said I became angry because she said something.
Speaker 5: Ah, Jeff, And no, you're right. This young girl was set to start a collegiate career at Penn West University. She committed to play Division two soccer. Her first game for the team was supposed to be this Friday night, but she is gone terrible. The Manjoni story is kind of weird too. This is why you're so great, tact because you know everything. Because there's like a state case and the case here in the city, and people the federal case, I'm sorry, the federal case and the state case, and people get confused as to actually what's going on and where he's pleading and what it means for the other case. For folks that don't bodel this as closely as you do. Luigi MANGIONI, where are we with that?
Speaker 28: Well, look, I mean it's a change the big the big hero, the big you know coward. I think it says, the biggest coward of all time, right, is now admitted that he did something that he knew was wrong by killing cowardly from behind.
Speaker 5: By the And did he do that? Did he do that just to make sure he never got the death penalty? Why did he do that?
Speaker 28: Well, look, you know, I don't I don't necessarily think the death tunney was really what the concern was. I think the concern was life in prison or a murder commission in state court where you're going to spend time in state prison. I think that's really what his intent was, right, So the death lily is gone, right, So in federal court, the death line is gone. The judge had previously dismissed the federal murder of firearms counts that could have supported capital punishment, so that was gone by taking a plea in federal court. That's certainly is one thing that he salvaged because if he does get the state murder charges dismissed, that's the end of that story. Okay, So so it's the end. Yes, he saved his quote unquote life. If he gets thirty years, this this piece of garbage will still come out of jail, and you know, in his late fifties. It's not like he's going to be, uh, you know, dying in prison unless someone you know, some right, some rough justice like right, which.
Speaker 5: I would by the way, treatment.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I mean, this guy is really But now it's Destrialotte was supposed to be September eight has been postponed in definitely, and the defense is going to make a motion to dismiss based on double jeopardy. We just got that last week, that the dual sovereignty argument about them relying on New York's very very protective statutory double jeopardy protections. It's much further than the federal rules. So we have to see now it's going to happen. I think there's I don't think for a second this case of being dismissed in total Judge Caroll, who I know very well, is not a friend of the defense for the most part. I tried four case upon him, and it's not always a fun thing to do there, you know. I think what he is going to do is going to consider dismissing the murder charges and keeping the other the weapons charger and whatever else. If he does that, it's still a heavy hit. But here's you said something last week said that was right. It doesn't matter because he's going to get basically the equivalent of a life sentence in federal court. Okay, I believe so, because the guylines permit that based on the conduct right the roban conduct. So I think he's going to get whacked in federal court the same way he get whacked in state court. I think this is a more matter of principle, does he does he get convicted of murder. Now he's already said he murdered this guy, and he said he knew it was wrong. So therefore all the arguments about all I hate the healthcare industry and my grandma didn't get good treatment and my back really hurts me so bad, and you know, all that's gone because he said I knew what I did was wrong.
Speaker 24: I mean that.
Speaker 28: And then when you see those idiots supporting this guy, I gotta tell you, it is the most repulsively unintelligent thing I've honestly seen in the longest time, because a lot of the people supporting him are ivy league little just like him, of course, who have everything, who have everything handed to them, not like you or I said, have everything hand to them.
Speaker 27: And these people are.
Speaker 5: And that's like the people that voted from I'm Donnie too, mind you, they weren't the oppressed and abhor and he's rather rich. Williamsburg point. I gotta tell you, Joe, and I do this, and I know I sound old because I yelled at my dad when he did this. Okay, I'm at the age I'll be sixty. If God is good to me. In April, I'll be sixty years old. I am so disappointed in people now when I watch people like manng only become heroes, when I watch people like Talker Carlson demand an audience, the Jew hatred, the Israel hatred, just the people today, these cults that take over our society, and they are cults. Loving Israel is not a cult. Loving pleasant and Trump is not a cult. But when you start boweling people like Tucker Carlson and putting Mangione on some type of pedestal like he's a hero, I am so disappointed in humanity today. Joseph, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 28: Yeah, so you just said it, right, I mean, it's so true. I really have come to the point now where I read whatever news I need to read to be in the loops, so to speak. But I am done like reading every single thing, the left, right, everything. It's just there's so much vileness out there, and there's so much hatred out there, and you're right, this this this wolt. I don't even know what democrats socialist is that they're inconsistent terms, right, I mean completely socialists and socialist, Democrats and democrat. Now it's become one thing and socialism. If someone could just give me one example in the universe and the history of the world where socialism has ever worked, I'd like to hear it.
Speaker 5: There is none, never worked. There is none, right and in some of these and some of these people, most of the in fact, they're not even socialists if they've graduated to communism. This guy, I'm Donnie's a communist, which is even worse. And they don't work either. So now there is no there is no you know, level of success. And this is becoming our country now. Now hopefully we were able to you know, beat it come November in the mid terms and keep a Republican in office. Not that they're great either, but certainly better than the Democrats come on or you know these twenty twenty eight. But man, I just I look around. I'm like, what the hell happened?
Speaker 24: What happened?
Speaker 5: What happens is kill it?
Speaker 28: Back to the Manjoni case for a second, right. What is so despicably troubling, okay, is that this guy is now accepted what he did, right, he said he did it, no kidding, really big surprised what I would a hero for doing that. But you can now accept what a person would have ragned, either be educated or not, or just some idiot outside the courthouse, that an individual may execute another person because that individual believes that person represents an unjunct, unjust institution. Well, thank god this country is gone, because everyone in this country believes someone represents an unjust institution, whether it's the left or the right. Big pharma, it's not big pharma. How about the you know, the the guess andtry oiltryu tesla, you go on and on on. We should then allow killings people.
Speaker 5: Who who were disappointed.
Speaker 28: Or I feel that, you know, somebody is wrong in society and they don't have to be right about it, so there's.
Speaker 5: No kill them.
Speaker 28: It's summarily executed.
Speaker 27: And I know it's like people can actually support.
Speaker 28: That in this day and age. Now, listen, let's go someone to say I'm gonna shoot Mandami. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna shoot the mayor because I think what he's doing is destroying New York City. I love New City, So I get to do it.
Speaker 5: Could happen.
Speaker 28: I get through it because you know, it's the right thing to do, not because there's a law allowing me to do it.
Speaker 5: Right now, it's not like I do that and know it's not right. It's terrible. Listen, they interviewed some of these idiots outside the courtroom for Mangioni, and they called Brian Thompson a terrorist, and they said, wait a second, who's against killing a terrorists? Which, brother, I'm not, you know, I'm all for killing the terrorists. They described, Yeah, this innocent father of two who works in the insurance business as a terrorist. Joe Takapina amazing as always, will do it again on Friday, bro, I love it so much. I was great, Thank you, thank you. Excellent job, Billy, excellent. Joe Ikpa right there, amazing defense attorney, friend of mine for forty nine years. How lucky am I. We're not done yet. We got about fifteen minutes to go before you hand the football off to Brian. Kill mead, Mister Red Apple Media, John Knton matitis. He's still gonna stop.
Speaker 1: By Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast network.
Speaker 5: Over McCarran Airport in Vegas. Will I be able to see these fireus? I guess not a serious note. It's become a problem out there. I'm not sure if people have died. Hopefully they haven't on a serious note, but damage at the very least, I don't know I'm really following it all that closely. I just looked over the TV and they're in Reno, Nevada with these fires. I'm like, oh my god, I'm going to Nevada, big, big couple of days in Vegas and then to Dallas.
Speaker 26: Reno to Vegas.
Speaker 5: How long? Two hours?
Speaker 26: Six hours and fifty seven hours.
Speaker 5: That's a long time. Good, Okay, forty miles all right, that's the northwest part of the state. It doesn't look like I'll be speaking in Dallacy. You know what they're doing. They're gonna have families of victims. For example, Sheridan Gorman. You don't remember that lovely young girl. She is actually in Mike Lawler's community. He represents where their parents live. That would be Jessica and Tom Gorman. And you remember a couple of months ago when Lawler had that big rally out in Rockland County and President Trump showed up that Tom and Jessica Gorman spoke. She made me cry. She was she was so beaten up. It was terrible. But and I told Michael want her on the show. We haven't gotten her yet, but they're gonna speak there. So I actually told this young lady, Brett Powell, I said, Okay, you know, if you don't have time for me, that's fine, but what you should do is also reach out to the Freitas family and mcdalia Martinez, because when I went to Rockland County, I saw the Gorman speak, And when I went two boondies ago to Nassau County with Bruce Plateman and Trump, I saw mcdallia Martinez and Jesu's FRETI is there talking about their twelve year old beautiful little boy, Jacob who was murdered. So I gave it that idea. I don't know do anything with it. But regardless, it does not look like I'll be speaking in Dallas at least right now.
Speaker 26: Things can change, Okay, So does that mean I'm still going?
Speaker 5: Of course? I mean I didn't speak at the R and T in Wisconsin, EI though when I was there a couple of years ago. But you know, I think they're being silly, but that's fine. They look at me as a you know, like you don't know what roseenmor is gonna say, and you may curse or you make it crazy. Or he may call somebody a terrorist and whatever, it doesn't matter. You know, a lot of those speakers are so boring. They repeat the same thing the last speaker sped, and they're gonna say the same thing. Next speaker is gonna say, and it's boring. That's fine, you know, But with me, you don't know, because I don't know. So that's your over dice. People will watch and they'll be interested and they'll talk about it, but they don't seem to Uh, I want to do it right now. So but that can change justin who knows.
Speaker 7: I said this morning, you know, give it a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe they'll change their mind. They probably won't know they reached out.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, they already it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, they said, you know, we got to put the Gorman's up there, and okay, why maybe you got three days? They speak from morning tonight, every politician whatever, Fine, all right, we take a break when we get back. Here is the boss here puts on two great shows five o'clock every week. No, no, no, no, yeah, no, you know I get pissed.
Speaker 10: No, no, I've never seen.
Speaker 7: But if you if you can go out, why are you going out there?
Speaker 10: How you're going.
Speaker 5: Why President Trump's gonna be there all the shows. We're gonna we gotta cover it. I didn't speak in Wisconsin. We were there for three days. This is a big deal.
Speaker 10: You got to you still have the balance.
Speaker 26: You got nine to eleven coming right after that.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm coming home on the tenth.
Speaker 10: I know that.
Speaker 7: But it's a lot. I know we're gonna be overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: And then nine to eleven is ba Shana that night.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm overwhelm might now even talking about it. I really am. I'm overwhelmed already right now. It's a lot, a lot, But we'll figure it out, because that's what we do. Anyway. Catch my Titi's is coming up next. Will take a Sid and Friends.
Speaker 1: In the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: Eight am every Sunday morning. See Cat Round Table, The Catch on the Table, John Catch Matiti's Good morning, buddy. How are you?
Speaker 10: I am? The clean up of it today?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 10: I tell you know. Margo's home from the hospital. She's in good shape, thank god. And we had her in the city old day yesterday and her daughter was there with her. Old day yesterday and beautiful and she looks like she's in good shape. But you know she's gotta stay off her feet for a week or two, a week or two.
Speaker 30: Yeah, so this comes very close to nine eleven. Well, she's gonna be there for nine eleven. There that she'll be there for nine eleven. We're gonna have a spectacular party. Uh and uh uh you know, Lee Greenwood is gonna lead it off, and cousin Bruce he's gonna be there. Tony Orlando's coming in, Joe Piscopal's coming in, uh and cousin Vinnie Vinnie Vandugo is coming in. And we got a few other surprises.
Speaker 10: You know. Cardinal Dolan will be there, and Governor Pataki is the honoree of the day for for for for putting together nine to eleven. Uh and uh uh, well we couldn't have. We couldn't have, uh Rudy Giuliani because he's still suing us. Still he's still sing. I don't know what he's sous for. Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, I don't know what he's suing us. Well we didn't do anything, but you know, but look it is he picks it and whatever and and his uh friend that he worked with is suing us. And that woman that he worked with, I don't remember, doctor Maria, Doctor Maria.
Speaker 5: He's not He's got to stop this.
Speaker 10: It's not all lawyers. All the lawyers said it's not. But we never we never fired him, right always, I always say nice things about him.
Speaker 5: I've never heard you say one nasty thing about Moody never, but ever.
Speaker 10: I love no, we we love him. But you know, it is what it is. You know, he creates. He you know it's for him to create and not create.
Speaker 5: It's up to him.
Speaker 10: And uh uh, but we're gonna have a spectacular and we might have some spectacular other guests. Right but for security reasons, the Secret Service will not allow us to say right. Right, but we'll see, we'll see. It's going to be a sellout crowd. And h I tell her people go to w ABC radio dot com and hit the Yala button and the all the money goes to the Police Athletic League, goes tunnels to tower, it comes, it goes to uh uh by the way, a few other charities, what is it three or four?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 5: Does it last yet? One to the kids hospital that you got what Riguez does Shiners.
Speaker 10: It's not involved US here for some reason, Shriners is not involved.
Speaker 5: So it's tunneled to towers, the police Athletic League. There may be one more. Yeah, if attack you foundation. Who's helping the people of Ukraine? I know that's what they've been doing. Did you see this was wild video yesterday? Today is independence I think in Ukraine. So they've been having these like parades and parties for days. Yesterday they were showing on TV the party and you saw explosions going on behind them because the Russians are still bombing them, obviously, but.
Speaker 10: It's the stupidest thing in the world.
Speaker 5: I don't get.
Speaker 10: So many people are dying and the Russians running out of troops, and they said they're calling in the Koreans to send them troops. And you know, the Koreans they you know, it's for them. They're getting paid in oil, yes, and they.
Speaker 5: Don't don't care. They don't care.
Speaker 10: But the Russian, like have been told by intelligence, is thirty five thousand Russians are dying a month.
Speaker 5: I think more it could be. Yeah, Putin is not a terrible job, but that hey terrible.
Speaker 10: But I don't know why they just you know, Trump is a man of peace. He wants to sit down and make peace.
Speaker 5: That's why he hasn't bombed the chizzle out of Iran.
Speaker 10: Yet, he's not bombed the chisel out of her.
Speaker 5: He don't want to kill me.
Speaker 10: And uh look he's trying to to get remember the old expression we had. It's just like the Planet of the Apes, the chimpanzees and the gorillas. The gorillas being the uh Iranian guard. Yeah, that's they killed people. They killed fifty thousand Iranians that had an uprising. And the chimpanzees are the intellectuals in Iran. The chimpanzees they want they want peace, yeah they do, and we want peace. And Trump doesn't want to destroy anything. No, you know, Trump is you know, well, today's a big you know why, I mean, another reason not wanting to destroy everything. We're gonna have.
Speaker 5: To pull it back up again, of course we are.
Speaker 10: We have to pay for it.
Speaker 5: Well, today's a big day there because Scott Person's about to speak, your friend Scott there, John, it's economic d day for Iran. So we're about to levy some very very serious sanctions against Iran today.
Speaker 10: Very Saudi Arabia. Their their their job is to keep Moman under control in the whole, and Israel's taking care of Lebanon and and the Hesbala and Humas.
Speaker 5: Who knows where to worry about them? Look at that.
Speaker 10: I mean, we're not I don't think we're gonna build any Trump towers on not on the border of the uh. You know. But it's great beachland.
Speaker 5: No, it is beautiful. I've been there. So I saw a nice video, John. I had Charlie Gotspuino on earlier, and we were extolling the virtue Charlie is a good guy, great guy. We were extolling the virtues of Randy Mastro and the job he's doing suing for you know, running the lawsuit for the folks with this ridiculous second home tax. And I believe that you celebrated Randy Mastro's birthday with went.
Speaker 10: I went out to Friday night. I went straight to the hospital and I walked Margo around the hospital for two hours.
Speaker 5: I saw the pictures.
Speaker 10: You know, she did good, she was looking good, she felt good. And they released her on Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 27: UH.
Speaker 10: And I got out of They threw me out of the hospital on nine o'clock at night, and I looked at my calendar. Ah, Randy Mashow's party. It's a half hour from here. So I went to Randy Masher's birthday party. I didn't eat that night, just in time for cake. Nice. That's what I really needed.
Speaker 5: Nice cake, that's good.
Speaker 10: And we had a good uh. And I was sitting at a nice table with Governor Patterson was there and and Rudy Washington was there at my table.
Speaker 5: And what's your show?
Speaker 10: And Eric Eric, and then and then uh uh he came and sat with our table and we had the birthday cake. Very nice.
Speaker 5: He's a great g Randy Mashrow. He's seven Podcas turned seventy years old.
Speaker 10: He looks great. I know, by the way I owe him. Uh, he sang, I did it my way, Randy?
Speaker 5: Did Randy?
Speaker 10: I have it on tape.
Speaker 5: Was it good?
Speaker 10: He was great? And I promised that Piscopal at is his birthday present. I'm sending you he's doing it my way.
Speaker 5: He is is a rival piscop.
Speaker 10: I don't know, you never know.
Speaker 5: We never sing off between Piscopal and.
Speaker 10: Mastro, you know, I mean, if Piscopal didn't show up for nine to eleven, right, I'd bring Randy masherw to sing my way.
Speaker 5: Who was spoke at your breakfast on Saturday morning?
Speaker 10: Oh, Jessica test Oh she did. Jessica Tish was terrific. Love her on the scale of one to ten and you know twelve.
Speaker 5: You know the night before she spoke at the at the Central Synagogue.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, and uh I had her father James introducer. Wow, and uh see, I would have loved to be at that one. That sounds amazing. And we had right after Jessica left, we had Brusa Mosl to speak because he runs the Intrepid. He has a very high security clearance. And Kat was there. She yes, and she spoke to U. She lives, she lived around the corner. Yeah yeah, And he was on the scale.
Speaker 5: Of up to ten.
Speaker 10: Twenty Scaler was a twelve breakfast. Everybody spoke. And who comes in because he was having lunch at seventy five main Eric Adams no kidding, so to Shapiro grabs him from the back to the front and says, you have turned to speak. After we we we we we stopped breakfast. We said, okay, you had turned to speak. And it's about eleven fifteen already and he spoke, and he spoke.
Speaker 5: That's great. I went to seventy five Main last week for the first time with Bruce Blakeman and we loved Uce.
Speaker 10: Blakeman got married at seventy five men he did.
Speaker 5: You didn't know that?
Speaker 10: No, say, I give you a secrets.
Speaker 5: Is that the lady that is now with Paul McCartney. No, this one, no one, the new one.
Speaker 10: You know, the lady that's with Paul McCartney. Her dad was a She was a very nice lady. Her dad was a good friend of mine at the Friars Club and he owned the big National trucking company and we used to have lunture with every Saturday at the Friars Club. Isn't it terrible? The Friars Club was destroyed, is it? It's destroyed and they sold they sold the paintings off the wall. I mean, this is this is somebody deserves to go to jail. I go to jail. Do not like two hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: I agree with this? Terrible? Now do you want my friend Stupidolski over the house and you have those big parties?
Speaker 10: Stupid suh? I know Corone was there. Frank Corone was there, say Perdowski's house last Saturday.
Speaker 5: Okay, and he loves you.
Speaker 10: He's a good, very decent guy. He's a religious guy. And uh, you know, but whenever I speak at the other synagogue the couple of weeks before that, his brother was there at the other synagogue, the wonder with the little Bobovitch.
Speaker 5: Oh not not Rabbi Schneier.
Speaker 10: No, no, but Rabbi Schneiders want my good friend.
Speaker 5: I know he loves you, and uh, everybody.
Speaker 10: His sister, his sister was on our show on Sunday and she made the New York Post.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 10: Yes, he's doing big things. His sister and Leezeldon, who's on your show too. Lee made the New York Post on on the Sunday show, and the General Patras was on and General Petras he's one smart guy and I loved he told the things. You know, General Petris is not politician. He is just a straight.
Speaker 5: Arrows a momentary.
Speaker 10: He was the head of the four star general.
Speaker 5: He's the.
Speaker 10: And the head of the CIA. But here's something nobody knew. General Patrez died, but I saved him. You know who saved him? General Keene, No kidding. He called in the helicopters. He kept his heart going.
Speaker 1: J K.
Speaker 10: Jack Keene. Wow, he kept his heart going. And they flew him to the hospital and he was dead, but they kept his heart going. And guess what, they brought him back.
Speaker 5: To beautiful story.
Speaker 10: And he is one good guy, one smart guy.
Speaker 5: Before he went out of here because late wasn't your friend's birthday? This weekend too? Bill Clinton.
Speaker 10: I talked to Bill Clinton then he turned something or not. He turned eighty years old August nineteenth. I talked to him a few times and and we're gonna have a party for him. Uh maybe in September October.
Speaker 5: He should come nine a lot it. I actually like Bill Clinton.
Speaker 10: Well you know, he came a few times, but I like Bill. You know, see Bill, you know something. Bill Clinton is a very special guy. And the one thing that was noted that day that all the past presidents are over eighty years old now except Barack Obama.
Speaker 5: He's the only one.
Speaker 10: He's the only one. And and him, I just I I think that Joe Biden, I'm not gonna blame him all the crap that went on because I don't think he knew what was going on. And he his son called me Hunter. Hunter called me and wants to go on w ABC.
Speaker 5: Come on, no, I'm serious, you to put him on your breaking weekday show or Sunday show.
Speaker 10: I haven't decided yet.
Speaker 5: That's a big interview. I texted him. He's been you know, he's been hanging out with Tucker carlsaying and listen, Nick, people.
Speaker 10: I knew his father when his father was saying yeah, and he he was not a bad senator. But somebody has to go to jail because somebody was what was the name of that movie when the president was just the body?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, what was the name of that movie? A movie? What's that about?
Speaker 10: Somebody was running the White House? And I don't think it was Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: No, it was probably Obama or Susan Bomber's third term, or his wife.
Speaker 10: I don't know, somebody don't know. I think his wife just wanted to be the continue to be the first.
Speaker 5: She loved it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she wanted the corporate jet and continue to be first lady. But I don't think it was Biden himself.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree. John. We got to run your beautiful I love your great job. Here is always that was fun. I like when you come see me a person.
Speaker 10: A person you know. I tell you I fell back asleep. I listened to you for the first ten minutes. I'll tell you were gone, and then I fell asley about six fifteen. I woke up at eight fifteen because I had to I had to talk to new Ingridge at eight thirty.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 10: And Uh. Newton is in burn, Switzerland. Uh, and he's coming on tonight show.
Speaker 5: I like you.
Speaker 30: Uh.
Speaker 10: And I tell Himen you come on tonight show. It's gonna be one o'clock in the morning for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. He used to follow us all the time from Rome during the COVID day. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well his his wife is who's a very smart lady, a great lady from ambassador of Switzerland.
Speaker 5: Oh there you go. There you go, John Green, you join us, meet too, meet too. Great to see you, John, and continue the best of luck with the Margo till on AJ.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 29: You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six.
Speaker 8: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and.
Speaker 29: Listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts, platforms Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 10: What the heck is going on here