Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, August fourth, twenty twenty six. Welcome to the Giant Bomb Cast. I'm your host, jan Ahoa. Daddy's home joining me. Co Captain of the Ship is out on assignment, so co Captain of the Ship today. Who's going to get that title?
Speaker 2: Jeff bakalar Oh, it's only fitting, not that I have any sort of experienced with the title. Glad to be here on the high seas of podcasting with you, Jan o'choa. Let me be the first to say welcome back, and a hoy.
Speaker 1: A hoy, a hoy. I know that we have the bad boy of games media here, but we have the naughty nautical man himself, the skipper, the co captain Jeff Backler. You know, I just it just feels right sailing the seas. Permission to podcasts, sir, permission granted. We have the master of etiquette on all things radio, walkie talkies and other forms of communication. I rekert we need.
Speaker 3: To bring walkie talkies back. I like them a lot. I like using them in Big walk I like using them in real life. I think it's a cool technology and we should throw away our iPhones.
Speaker 1: Imagine a day at a theme park with us all and we just got walkie talkies? Are they Are they legal at a park? Can you have them at a park?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want to get in the back of a roller coaster and you get in the front and we have walkie talkies and we scream at each other through the walkie talkies.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, but I like the idea. Remember those the next tel.
Speaker 5: Chirp, Yes, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I was hoping that was the future of communication. I know those were dope. Speaking about dope, we have the fastest man across the Internet, Turbo Sean. Sean Mick Doubt is on the pod today.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to be back on the show. Jan. I'm happy you're back looking like Billy Joe Armstrong. It's great to have you here. Jan.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. It's better than random people on the streets of San Francisco stopping me and saying like, hey, you look like Juntao from Rush Hour one. And it's extended past my friends at this point, and speak about my friends. We have the.
Speaker 7: Bird Boy of games media, the Cleveland streamer, my Manati. So when me and my brothers were like young teenagers, pre cell phones, even my dad, And this was like we were old enough where we could probably do the theme parks by ourselves, and my dad wanted to just rest at the hotel. So he did acquire I'm not sure how legally kind of like military grade walkie talkies and just gave us one of those, and he had one. So, yeah, we went around the set parkwakie talkie and we communicated that way if he wanted us to come back to the room. Military enormous, No, maybe military maybe military grades being a silly yeah, most questionable. I remember that. I remember that.
Speaker 1: Did he have a guy or did he just had a guy?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would they run on?
Speaker 7: I don't really, I don't remember. It was in charge of ours, so we had like the boys had a mic, had a radio. AG was in charge with he was the oldest. Then my dad had one. We would just walk around and magic ate them come back to the room for dinner.
Speaker 1: You guys have like code names for your dad and the boys.
Speaker 7: Or no, no, not really. It was we were really having fun with it. It was just like this is just the normal way we communicate, like fun. Right then two years later, like flip cell phones became very cheap and like every teenager had them, and then smartphones from there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, can you talk to your dad and just be like, yo, uh dad, can you like show me a picture of what these radios I.
Speaker 7: Try to get more information about. Ah, probably remembers even better than I do. He's at Disney World right now, though, so I won't bother him.
Speaker 1: No, what does he do, He's just a Disney World.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, every teenager has a smart phone. You're not that much younger than me.
Speaker 7: Trying to say for some reason, was in college? Yeah, yes, I also think had my first one in college before that, Yeah, late high school. I'm a little bit younger than you. So it was like before that was super Again, we were young teenagers like Chris the youngest may have been more even like twelve or something, but it was like that's okay, right, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: It's almost yeah, very close, but okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly. So yeah, that was our That was the thing, like, okay, this is safe enough. You guys go around the world. You have this walkie talkie and uh yeah, we just.
Speaker 1: Use that to the best of your knowledge as our resident Disney expert of the parks. Do you think you could bring in like radios and walkie talkies to the parks now because I feel like they'd interfere with everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I bet they would stop because, like I'm trying to think, I don't know if this was pre nine to eleven, that seems like maybe too early, right, so I wonder what the security checkpoint person thought of them, But maybe couldn't have. In no way it was pre nine eleven. It could not have been pre nine to eleven. So if we go through then I don't think so, and that would have been too young. I think maybe not even maybe then hmmm, I'm went there. I'm gonna have to confer my brothers to get some more details about this.
Speaker 2: It had to be before I before nine to eleven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess I would have been like thirteen then, Yeah, it could have been. I could have been right before nine to eleven.
Speaker 6: That if it was just two thousand, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we might not get right before nine eleven. So there wasn't the security checkpoints that they have now.
Speaker 1: So different ways to word things. Well, folks at home, you can help us get a pair of walkie talkies several pairs of walkie talkies by subscribing to Giant Bomb premium or YouTube memberships over there. On the YouTube channel over there, you can get AD free podcasts. Your premium membership supports us UH. You get a special chat, access to special discords, and most importantly, you at home get AD reviewing for some of the shows and speaking about shows. We got a bunch of stuff in the pipeline. Currently we have a season of This is the Run where Mike Minati is now navigating the sewers as sewer Shark, with Jeff Grubb and Dan Reikert flanking him. There you can go back and watch a bunch of shows, shows such as Marry Me, Tomadacci, Our Dear Pal, Mary Kiss joining us for Portal Pals, where Mikey and Mary get the peeps out for the peeps out there, shouts out to the peepees, right, Mikey, Yeah, the peeps will rise again. They keep saying that, and I don't know what they mean by that. Oh okay, God, I would love to do an ad read for Blue Shoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be fun, like a personal endorsement.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. I don't care.
Speaker 8: I guess I would do it. I would take it whatever. Who cares at this point? Yeah, just wait for them forty. Wait a few more months and then I'll be like, I got yeah, I got nothing. I'll do the blue Cheo ad.
Speaker 5: It gives you a boner. Doesn't sound like the worst thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's candy. It's not.
Speaker 2: It's like a little.
Speaker 3: Blue thing, a chew on right, chew on them or is it just a swallow situation? It was a chew starbars type thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I thought it was like a pill.
Speaker 1: I pill also blue. That's a rhymes with chew right chew in there.
Speaker 2: If you don't chew it, I can't imagine. It's like a tomb's no way, it's not anyway. Folks at home, you won't need you won't need Blue Shoe or any uh performance enhancing supplements to get you going for the newest premium season of Blight Club dropping next week. Cat Jerffman Cats out of the Bag baby is. First off, let me just preface the conversation with uh now. And also this is this is the most fun I've had in a long time. I gotta say I don't get too much. This is great. I'm having a blast with everyone. Yesterday we recorded episode that had had me giggle.
Speaker 3: In recorded that based on the long play, the entire hour plus or so episode we recorded got backler from like fifty one minutes to like fifty four minutes on the long gay.
Speaker 2: It's fine, it's been great. I see it as like vacation. When I get to do this stuff. I get to I get to like dress up and confuse all the people that are working inside the house at the lock door so that we don't make eye contact. It's fine, it's fine, it's normal. It's great, it's fine. Please look forward to this. We we are planning on a release date very soon, and I mean very soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have several in the can already, so I think you're ready to start putting these out.
Speaker 1: We also have multiple ideas, multiple plates spinning around in terms of other premium shows for you premium people out there. Also, not to jump the gun, but the quick look for Big Walk is out now, and if you're a premium member, a YouTube member, you can look at everyone's point of view except Jeff Grub because he has yet to upload that to the Google truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's correct. Apparently apparently people really like what we did there, and I thought I thought it was an interesting idea. I thought it worked out really well with the main video, which of course you can watch ed free Giant Bomb Premium. What we did is we because Adobe Premiere fucking sucks and me and Jan can barely use it anymore, and so don't worry, we're getting off it. We're trying to get over to resolve. It's happening slowly but surely. Because we can't really edit multiicam videos, we just did live switching in obs as if it were like a in person recording basically, and it seemed to go over really well. People seem to really like it. If you haven't checked out yet, definitely go check it out because I'm pretty proud of how that one turned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, special special shouts out to Sean for running the ones and twos and having all of us yelling in his ear.
Speaker 6: That was so funny. Yeah. Production wise, so you are just using procx chat, but then I heard everyone on discord, so there were times where you were split into like three groups and everyone was yelling something different to pick out, okay, like who who noise switched to. It was really funny and a fun thing to produce.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm starting to see the Adobe hate here. Because like I've starting to adedit more videos, and my last couple have been like shorter ones, Like you know, the San Francisco Travelog was like probably what ten or fifteen or something. The steam Machine one was a lot of cuts, but shorter. I'm like forty minutes into the road Trip Travelog now with a ton of cuts and bullshit, and like I'm starting to see Premiere chugging and like, oh, all these clips in my bin aren't they don't have preview images and this thing won't actually hit play when play when I hit play. So yeah, starting to see why Premiere sucks now.
Speaker 6: Especially the videos that you've been doing Dan have been like more you have one video that you like trim and then you go to the next video in the timeline. But especially when you're doing multi caam, you have multiple sources all like together and you're like swapping between them rapidly. Premiere just ships the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I ran into that too when I was trying to pixelate Mike Manatti's crotch yesterday and as you do, and I was just trying to do the mask. I was trying to do the mosaic over it and everything, and it's like it's like, oh, you want to do an AI thing. You want an AI thing to find Mike Manati's crotches. Bro, I know were Mike Manatt's crotches. I will put the rectangle over it. No, they want today, I either do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you should switch to AVID.
Speaker 3: And so we had we had Avid a w yeah that's really they were still easy to have.
Speaker 2: Avid still pretty popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know for shows and some shows.
Speaker 3: The reason they had is just that like vast video library from like all of that stuff was just like on Avid.
Speaker 5: And so like all the.
Speaker 3: Computers we got on AVID could access everything from every camera and.
Speaker 1: So, okay, all right, well boys, how how's everyone doing? Hows how's how how are thangs.
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: Things are? Things are good? I watched I watched the back Rooms movie. Oh okay, I enjoyed it. I like that. I want more of that please. I thought that was fun. It seems like we should be entering these liminal spaces more and fucking around with all the creep creeps there within.
Speaker 1: I will say there hasn't been well, there's several things that make me question my career trajectory and progress in my life more than Caine Parsons, a twenty year old directing a whole ass movie, and that made me stand and just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, yeah, oh oh, something's happening something. My back rooms are opening, all my all my memories, all of my thoughts.
Speaker 6: What the hell?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell, I told you the people. I'm hiding my cat Catwoman's outfit.
Speaker 7: For these people never gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, what oh god?
Speaker 1: Are they like drilling into your room right now? They want the keyboards?
Speaker 2: Oh it's so loud.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, well.
Speaker 3: It's the question, and I just want the most dumb down answer for me to understand here.
Speaker 6: That's the worst pivot possible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's and it's not even a pivot. Okay, the back rooms, it's a game, it's a movie. Is this the same ip? Who owns this? What was the first one? What the fuck are the back rooms?
Speaker 2: So? I'm not we should get a super eye patch wolf to maybe explain it. But the way I understand it is that the back Rooms is just sort of like an Internet phenomenon of like liminal space photography. Uh, there's there is a conflicting reports of where it may have originated. A lot of people point to a single photograph I think posted on four chan men years ago that just depicts like a back rooms photo similar to what the movie has popularized. And then Kane Parsons took his interpretation of Backrooms and made an entire YouTube movie.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 2: He made a YouTube series that looks very the aesthetic is very similar to the back Rooms film, the A twenty four film, but that was just sort of like his interpretation of it. No one essentially owns background, So we could.
Speaker 5: Make a movie called back Rooms and just put it I can now.
Speaker 2: I don't think you could call it that, but you could certainly like have some wordplay and make it there.
Speaker 3: But a concept that has existed in several different medium for a while now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mostly born of the internet, like born out of the Internet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like nobody nobody owns.
Speaker 2: Yeah there. And the story that Caine Parsons portrayed does deviate from his YouTube seriers that was very much into his YouTube series when it was first starting to come out. This has a much more kind of like focused story where there's maybe perhaps more answers than the way it's popularized on the internet provides. And this is a much more you know, they had like a writer come in and kind of like really give it a film sort of treatment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say it's like adjacent to like all the what is it called SCP stuff like the.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, like objects of Power sci fi kind of like appendix on the Internet. Sure, that's that's that's crossover.
Speaker 3: There, We're doing a good job. Was saying, like, no one owns vampires, no one owned zombies. It's just like a concept.
Speaker 6: Dan, I was gonna go with, nobody owns the concept of the Bermuda Triangle, Okay, stories about it. Obviously, Bermuda is a real place and everything they own the concept of like ships sail here and disappear or whatever, like nobody owns that concept the same thing here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think like the vampire stuff is that's like cryptid stuff that is now public domain. I feel like at one point someone like MGM, probably Universal Bracula.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the vampires, I don't know. Yeah, maybe we can make a chup of Cabra movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we could do that. So so we did Backrooms and I'm also I also was forced to buy my first crystal this weekend. Your crystal, I want you to describe what you think the most me crystal could be. Okay, we've we've got the color.
Speaker 5: That was easy, okay, one Mexican sunlight.
Speaker 2: And all that's bullshit. Fucking shape this ain't protecting anyway? The shape? Can you can you predict the shape?
Speaker 5: The crowning head Chaos Emerald.
Speaker 6: Crack open is alda game you know, like like coming out of the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, like a geode.
Speaker 2: Chat's got good ones. The shape of a hockey puck, the shape of New Jersey. So did you write that could just get a hockey buck? I got. It's a cube. This is my this is my crystal. It's a black cube. It's made of shun gite.
Speaker 1: I think we can say that.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't remember that's even universe character. But all right, and this is.
Speaker 2: Where it bothers me. When you read about it's it's uh, it's powers, it says that it's mostly carbon. By the way, so I just got a cube of carbon in my mask. Now I'm not gonna eat it, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It protects you from laptops?
Speaker 1: That mean?
Speaker 2: What does that fucking mean?
Speaker 7: You know that.
Speaker 2: It protects you from laptop a specific?
Speaker 7: Does that mean about believe that that is what the crystal people wrote, you know, And I'm like, we're in the store and I'm like reading the description and the.
Speaker 2: Lady there she's just like dead fuck is here? She's like, yeah, laptops, laptops, sun microwaves, and TVs which, as we all know, put out EMFs. Yeah, it's so it's such so bad, such bad faith. I mean, I like it because it's fucking cool. I don't like it because I think it protects me from five gs. Yeah, that's not a real thing. If you're worried about that, let me tell you about the sun UV rays.
Speaker 1: Okay, does it protect PF or no? You need SPF is what it is, right.
Speaker 2: Right, We're not getting into weather. I have or do not have boats. Okay, that is again private, that's private business man. Please respect that.
Speaker 6: Brought it up.
Speaker 2: Exposed laundry.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I believe it's Mary to blame, but okay.
Speaker 2: No, Mary, actually it is. I think you gave Mary the assist. I think she scored with your assist.
Speaker 3: We asked what your biggest passion was, and she earnestly said, he's a boat enthusiast. He loves talking about his boat. So either Jeff, married's just wildly misremembering something, or you are a boat guy and you're lying to us because you think we'll make fun of you.
Speaker 1: Did she really did? She look at perhaps the skipper photo and just stick with.
Speaker 7: That earnestly thinks that.
Speaker 3: But that was the first thing before pinball, before hockey. When I asked her, like, oh, name the passions of the Giant Bomb guys, says, well, Backlart's a.
Speaker 7: Big boat guy. He loves his boat.
Speaker 5: Okay, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And what if I did love my boat, it's just.
Speaker 7: Weird we would be hearing about it this way.
Speaker 2: Here's a lot you don't know about me. I have a private life. Do you ever think about that boat?
Speaker 7: Aren't private?
Speaker 1: What did did do you.
Speaker 2: Say about everyone else? Do you remember you can hide a boat?
Speaker 3: Surprising me because because I said, like outside of video games, named the passions of like the Giant Bomb crew. And she didn't go to wrestling with me. She went to running with Mike. She didn't go to Disney, she went to Tiki. But she's also just going off her recent experiences with us. I think so, like recently in Portland. I was running, Mike went to a tiki bar with her. I was grub You know, Greb loves talking about his kids, so that's what she said with them. And then everything came to a screeching halt when she talked about Backlar and his boat enthusiasm.
Speaker 2: Look, Mary and I have private conversations. Perhaps one or two of these details slipped out of her mouth in a moment of weakness.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want to go on your boat.
Speaker 2: I might. I don't know if that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Do you have a toilet on the boat of the water?
Speaker 2: I don't. Most boats do depend on.
Speaker 5: Your laptops on there?
Speaker 2: Do you how sick they are? No, of course, not not with my What is this called? Guy man? They got to rename the name of this fucking right. What are we doing? Chakra is root if that means something cool?
Speaker 1: Cool? Before we get to video games. I watched the New Spider Man movie. Holy Moly, good one.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 1: I liked it a lot. I don't want to spoil anything. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 7: I was to see it on Sunday and I was sick and I couldn't go.
Speaker 6: I'm supposed to see it on Sunday, but I got busy with uh work stuff. We'll talk about it in a second.
Speaker 5: Still Tom Holland you see the current one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's still Tom s heyder Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was chatting it up with someone and she had asked, like, Kirsten Dunson, Toby Maguire, right, they're still in it. I'm like, oh nope, oh friend, no, they They've rebooted it two more times since Toby.
Speaker 2: So I have a I have a legit question. I was talking about this with someone and I was like, oh they They're like, oh, it was, it was good. You should see it, And I don't even I don't even think I can. Like, I think I have to watch at least three or four films before watching this because I don't The last spider joke in the last Spider Man movie I watched with Spider Man.
Speaker 5: Two, Spider Verse one, The Spider Verse one's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's those are all those those are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the last one was three with Toby maguire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm I'm past due and Spider Man's like, my guy, Like, I'm I'm a the movies mean nothing. I don't fucking like Spider Man, and you can see these movies.
Speaker 1: The Shun guy to carry you against Tom Holland as well. Yeah, I guess it makes me allergic to Tom Holland.
Speaker 7: He's my guy. I didn't see his last six movies.
Speaker 6: No, No, that is the most sane reaction to backlar is in the right. If you like Spider Man, stay away from the Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Movies somehow validation of my interest in Spider Man.
Speaker 6: I really, because I'm a Spider Man guy too. You are okay to skip most of the Spider Man movies after that was fun.
Speaker 7: It was, you know, a little multiversey, but it was the with them all showing.
Speaker 1: Up and yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the Andrew Garfield Spider Man's.
Speaker 2: Whatever, So so then what should I watch?
Speaker 1: I honestly think, uh, you can. I think you can just jump in on this one, Okay, I prefer that. Yeah. I like the director for this one. It's a more grounded Spider Man. He's not fighting some like gigantic world ending threat. It's just a dude, Okay you never had Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, has anyone seen the Spider Man noir stuff?
Speaker 1: I I like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll just talk to a friend about that at a party because I'm just like, man like, culture is so weird because there was a Spider Man TV show starring Nick Cage and no one seemed to hair like it wasn't even like it wasn't even like a point of conversation.
Speaker 1: Just avoid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to be fair, it's Amazon, right, Yeah, I think that that's where shows go to death Amazon.
Speaker 7: If Disney has Spider.
Speaker 1: Man, well Disney doesn't have Spider Man, Sony has Spider Man. That was weird, Like Man and Spider Man were always weird, right, because.
Speaker 7: So now it is just Spider Man where they have to play ball with Sony on that stuff. I see, okay, but.
Speaker 2: But bigger picture, I just think like Amazon like cannot figure out a way to make TV accessible power.
Speaker 1: We're gonna I think we're gonna get into that later in the news. Uh yeah Amazon shows. Yeah, so uh yeah, I don't know. I didn't have anyone in my life to talk about the Spider Man More show, and I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: And there's like commercials even with you have Prime, Now what are they doing? What do you think you're doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember the last thing I went to Prime to like, Oh, I gotta watch.
Speaker 5: This for the world with ice Cube.
Speaker 7: Oh god, that was amazing. Holy shit, that was awesome. God, what incredible. Fuck.
Speaker 5: Oh that was the last thing to watch on Amazon.
Speaker 7: Actually and me too, maybe actually.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic. Well, gentlemen, I'm happy to be back with y'all. I'm happy to be viewing and watching things, but I'm especially happy to hear about video games.
Speaker 2: Games.
Speaker 1: Game Freak is a developer that Shawn and I are intimately acquainted with, and a review went up last night for Beast of Reincarnation, the game Freak game that is not Pokemon related. In our own Terribo, Sean Sean McDowell reviewed it. We did it a quick look. Quick Look is up on the site, so is the review. Go read that, Go watch the quick look where Sean and I get into it and Sean shares his thoughts. But Sean, tell the folks at home how you feel about Beast of Reincarnation.
Speaker 6: This is a bit of a weird one because so first of all, yeah, my reviews up. I gave it three and a half stars. That to me, I'm the giant bomb scale that we have right now equates to how I feel about the game. It's a good not great game. I was even feeling a little bit lower on that earlier in the game, and then you know, some things changed. They'll talk about that really like brought me around on aspects of it. So it's so unlike anything that game Freak has done, because they've done plenty of non Pokemon games throughout the years. Usually they put one out every like five or so years something like that that's not Pokemon, you know, like Genesis games like Pulseman to like Drill Doze around the GBA, to like Park Pocket Card Jockey and stuff that they have ideas sometimes that they want to put out there. And it's fun to be weird and like flex those creative muscles when you're not just pumping out annual Pokemon products, right, And so this one they always like a pretty like wild swing for them to do a like bloody, over the top kind of action game as souls elements in there, you know, very from Saft stuff of there's bonfires and an Estes Flask equivalent and early in the game, if you get hit like twice, you'll die, you know, stuff like that. Yeah, it's also just near Automata at home. Like everything about literally everything about it is just poke a post apocalyptic earth. It's overrun with nature of robots are running the place that are like kind of just taking over for humans and stuff like that. They're not even they're not even trying to hide it. Jan. I think the fun fact that you told me the other day is that the Japanese voice actor for Emma, the main character, is just to be in Japan, So that's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I did find it interesting because the Quick Look we did it with the English voice actors, and I know that Emma's character is kind of supposed to be a little stoic, but the English voice acting specifically did feel a little stilted.
Speaker 6: More shit just sounds like samus and other m. It's not good.
Speaker 7: Oh no.
Speaker 1: But from like that preview event I went to, they encouraged to play with the Japanese voice acting, and it was a little night and day of like, oh, there's like dimension to the voice acting in Japanese versus what we listened to in the Quick Look.
Speaker 6: It is a very Japanese game, So I wonder if maybe the voice direction given with because language is different, you know, Japanese versus English, like things come across differently. Maybe just plays better in Japanese or something like that. And also friendly reminder with voice acting, bad voice actings usually there was all the bad voice direction. It's usually not the actors themselves. Yeah, but yeah, in terms of the game, it starts off too slow for my taste at least, Like I said, it's it's got some of those Souls elements in there. It's trying to be a little bit faster paced. You have movement options, and that's that's what really kept me going through the game, honestly, even when I wasn't really feeling the combays Emma. She so the world is like sort of overwhelm with nature, like I said, and that includes like the living beings, including Emma, where like her hair, she has almost like a Bayonetta thing going on, but instead of her hair being used for weapons or stuff like that, her hair can like turn into vines that she can then use to like boost herself like Mario using the hover nozzle and super marketside of all things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Feels good to sort of just like boost yourself a little bit around the levels. She can extend them horizontally to create bridges. You can hang over enemies like off of rooftops and then like stealth kill them, and you can use it as a grappling code to like zip around levels. That is very, very fun and I always had good time with that. And then the combat interestingly goes from being that more punishing style of action game to there's a skilled tree literally because it's all about nature. And once that opens up, you get so many abilities to open up the combat. I think the biggest one is the game revolves around the stagger gauge. They call it the entanglement gauge because again nature, but sort of the concept here. Again, I don't play this type of more punishing action game. I don't know if others have done this and I missed it, but they thought, like this is the one like kind of unique and original idea that I enjoyed. Is they thought, what if the stagger gauge in a game was a resource. It's an all in one resource where you start a battle and you have a little bit of it, you perry attacks. It's just secoro paarrying, where like you can guard and they'll like diminish your stagger gauge. Or you can with every period hit you like build it up. But what if it was broken up into pips and you can use it like special moves, almost like super moves a fighting game or something where you can spend pips of it to do various things. And so once you go down the skill tree and expand the entanglement gauge, you get access to so many more things and you can choose how to spend it. You can either like fill it up to the max, like this is why I specked into. You have a really long gauge that then you fill up by parrying a lot, and then once you stagger the enemy or inflict an elemental blight on them like paralysis from electricity or something like that, you can then activate basically which time from Benetta where you just slow everything down, but Emma and her wolf companion Coup can just like wail on the enemy for a while. If you've built up a bunch of abilities, you can spend them all at once, or you can use the entanglement gauge to perform special moves. You can use it for a variety of different things. You can burn in different ways. I think that was interesting. It just takes too long to get to the point of being interesting. It was like half way through my playthrough where it really clicked, and I think that's a long time to be one type of game and then almost completely switches genre into a different type of action game, something that's much faster paced, which I appreciated that back half of the game. I just think it's a weird separation between two I haven't seen something quite like that.
Speaker 1: You highlighted this in the quick Look, Sean, and this was like an issue I had at the preview event. But at the skill tree system, your skill points between Emma and Who are a shared pool, so correct it will take a little bit longer to like really invest and like get deep into either one skill tree if you want to go in one specific direction.
Speaker 6: Yes, and eventually I wasn't really thinking about why it was happening specifically, but early on, you only have so many skill points to work with, and so leveling up Emma a little bit or coop a little bit, or focusing on one of them, that's a choice you have to make. But people can even see in the quick look around like a third a way through a game, I just like blinked and I suddenly have like one hundred scale points to use, and I'm like, WHOA, when did that happen? And then so that is around the turning point around.
Speaker 7: That way my playthrough.
Speaker 6: My play through was around like twenty three hours. I think Steam says I came in at twenty three hours on the dot.
Speaker 7: Pretty long for this. Yeah, yeah, it's a little bit longer.
Speaker 6: They even, you know, pre release, they prepared me for potentially thirty hours and more depending on how much you get into some of the more side stuff. But yeah, mine, mine was a little over twenty which I think is maybe right for a game of the style of a sort of from Softy kind of thing. And I yeah, but about halfway is when I started getting a lot of scale points to really open things up in that way, I didn't have to choose between Amla and KUP, and I think that the game is as best when it's doing that, and I kind of just wish it was that way the entire game through.
Speaker 1: Sure, Sure, near the end of your time with it, Sean, would you say it started feeling more character actionly, like a Bayonetta, like a Devil May Cry?
Speaker 6: Definitely, Yeah, Because, like I mentioned, not having played games the way this starts. At least, I was kind of asking her on like subtly, do any of the frump sooff games really have like skill trees or like games sort of playing off of them. Do they? It's more about like specking into a build through like stats and then like equipment.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, has like a kind of an ability tree and stuff, but it's not a huge deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is very much like first of all, if you played Stillar Blade, it's very similar to that, or like an action RPG skill tree like the Foul Fantasy seven remake trilogy, which you know, there's an element of that in the combat too. With a coup where you probably saw us in trailers and stuff, you can every time you parry, you are in a point for coup, and then when you have a number of points, you can then command Coup to do like sort of a just assist skill. They never get too far into that, which they maybe would done a little bit more of it. I think it could be more interesting if they did combine the frum Soft with the character action with f F seven remake a little bit more by utilizing Coup as your assist, by like commanding your your teammates a little bit more. But yeah, it's a very like action RPG or character action skilled tree, where the various branches go out to either you know, this division of leveling up all your meters or this division of leveling up your range attacks, this division of leveling up your melee attacks. And then it is kind of the funny thing about doing a literal tree is that all that stuff is the roots that go down and then the branches that go up. Is every time Emma defeats an enemy, a literal flower will blossom and open up a new branch of the skill tree with new abilities for you to learn.
Speaker 1: sEH, I forgot to I forgot to ask. Do the weapons ever switch switch up anything? I know that you get different ranged weaponss, you get a bon and arrow, so it's just the sword the whole time.
Speaker 6: It's so it's just the sword. There are no other like weapon types. What changes about them is elemental affinity jan you point up had to find that. Of course game freak would like lean into elemental affinity Pokemon and everything like that. But the various weapons do give you different ways to stack stacks of burn, of paralysis, of binding, poison, various elemental things, and they also, like in the Lake game, combine those so you can actually like split your stacks between Like instead of every strike building burn, what if instead every strike builds a little bit of poison, a little bit of paralysis, and then you know, you know, you can hit them with two at once a little bit later on. So it's they could have done more with that as well, even just having like, for example, there's only one attack button, which isn't the end of the world, but it's they could have had something heavier. I think the only thing that really changes about weapons is that you do have ranged weapons as well, So you have a bow arrow and you can choose between either a fast firing crossbow or like a traditional bow and arrow that you know takes longer to load, but you can do more damage. But it really really the weapons just are differentiated by the elemental stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm still curious to check it out. The way that you wound up blanding with it slightly on the more positive side near the end of your time with it, Sean is still kind of incentivizing me. And also just the general morbid curiosity about checking out a game freak game where that is not a Pokemon game, and I.
Speaker 6: Think I think it is. We did say this in quick look. I think it's you know, I hate saying this about game because I know it's detrimental to the game's perception. But it does feel like a Steam Sale game, a PlayStation Plus game. You still get a little bound that Game Pass subscription. It's out in game past day one, so you could like hap in there while you still got that sub going on. You know, However, you can approach this game a way that makes sense. Maybe just watch your favorite streamers who like action games play first, like see what Soul's has to say about it, or if you're like me and you prefer character action games, see what like a DMC streamer has to say about See see what the people who you align with say about this one. Because it's it's a bit of a weird one and the reactions were mostly around, you know how I felt about but they did vary a little bit, so I think people might feel differently about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Beast of Reincarnation feels like it has a lot of different games in its DNA And speaking about DNA, Dan Reichert, you've been investigating the body with pathogenic.
Speaker 3: Uh yes, it's hey, it's a fun concept whenever. It's like a thing is really small and goes into a body and goes around shooting stuff. And you got avid docs for any s. I don't think anyone ever played that, but me, uh Innerspace the Martin short movie.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, body Comers and Epcot Oh.
Speaker 2: God, yes, but but the inner space is better.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rugrats episode with the watermelon seed a classic.
Speaker 3: It's a good go with the io stylin level where you go into the stomach and you gotta shoot the thing.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what this is. It's a twin stick rogue light. You are like a little amoeba or something, some little molecule body thing, and you are evolving and growing your like a virus or something. And so it's almost like a pterotech legion type thing where it's like as you level up, you're evolving and getting more like nodes and everything you can attach, like oh, these flagella you can put on the back of you to to kind of propel you and move faster. On the front, you get these little like you know, things that this thing's like a shotgun. And then on the side. You can make it more like this is like a machine gun, or here's a laser, and this one is a thing you connect to your mitochondria and anything that's connected to that will have arcing energy that attacks everything around you. So you are like injury in through the skin going up the leg. There's like us in Testine Boss. There's a stomach boss. So like the biomes of the game are like as you're working your way up, I don't know field goal is to get up and destroy the brain or whatever. But it's just a really good gimmick. Everything's just very readable. Like the art style is very it's very just stark, the different like contrasts and colors and stuff, and.
Speaker 5: It's just it's mixes up a lot of things.
Speaker 3: I like, like just the concept of the theming and everything, but also like the almost like mini shoot adventures kind of twin stick element and the rogue light stuff. You are unlocking stuff. There is persistent upgrades with like your collecting DNA during your runs that you can use to you know, expand a skill tree, unlock new Amiba things.
Speaker 5: It's it's very good.
Speaker 3: I've only done a handful of runs right now, but I can tell I'm getting into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Fanta, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's a quick look for it on the website now with Chuck and grub.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'll see you guys are up to okay, Yeah, yeah, I want to check this bad boy out. Looks pretty fun, I do. I do kind of like that idea, like let's go inside the human body. The human body is its own little weird world.
Speaker 1: That is very, very true. Seeing about weird worlds. I continue to be fascinated and appreciate the weird world of Splatoon. I've been playing Splatoon Raiders, Sean, so have you, Mike. You reviewed this a couple of weeks ago. Now on the website there's a quick look of it as well. Splatoon Raiders. What an interesting Jimmy jam huh uh Mike you what score did you wind up giving it? Again?
Speaker 7: It was there three and a half out of five where it was like yeah, kind of like what Sean said earlier about like a cent out of time. I'm like, that's a good not great game. I think it's a game that's fun, does a lot of things well, but nothing exceptionally nothing like stood out as like whoa wow, that that that thing right? I think it's Yeah, I think it's good, just not not stand out for me.
Speaker 1: I think I feel about the same. I maybe like a little I would go a little stronger. Three and a half out of stars for me, I think it. I think it's a really pretty looking switch to game, except you know, the beaches can feel little bit land when you get into those like dungeons that you're crawling into, and the Salmanid's designs and all the paint and goop spilling everywhere. I think, if anything, what I'm more excited post Splatoon Raiders is how they may potentially spice up and switch up the combat in a future Splatoon multiplayer shooter game, like with the different gadgets you get and everything, like the different styles of tanks, if they ever choose to implement that into the game, Like I would love to use some of like the splatchet or like the jump that you get, and like the weird Superman punch you get in Splatoon Raiders. Yeah, this felt like a very good game to play in like Recovery while post hospital of just like you can turn your brain off and like it's chill. It's chill. You can play a couple levels you can revisit a couple levels. I think the part that I was not enjoying is how much stress it starts to add with like the timing element of like, hey, the take it's at fifty percent, you only got thirty more seconds to fill it up all the way.
Speaker 7: And I'm like that that is usually the roadblock, right, That's kind of when it's like, oh, I guess I better go back some other levels and gonna make myself stronger. It's it's not survivability, which is you know, people like joke about not putting upgrade points into health this game especially, it's like, forget about that. You need to be able to do a lot of damage to some of these levels because there's a time limit. You need to kill things fast. It's not like it kind of just comes down to learning. Like you know, you have like that super move with the meter, It's like, all right, save that for the boss, I guess, and just kind of throw it out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean, how do you wind of landing with Splatoon Raiders?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I am I am curious.
Speaker 6: Jan. How into the Splatoon series are you, Like, have you played a lot of it? Are you more multiplayer versus single.
Speaker 1: Player primarily only ever multiplayer. I've dabbled in some of the single player okay and like, but it just winds up not being for me because of my introduction to Splatoon. Just much more of a social multiplayer aspect than like the solo campaign where you are on your own.
Speaker 6: That's definitely how most people play, because that's how it's really intended. But I think I lean where Mike is where I've always preferred the single player, and that's like the thing that shines for me in these games and is why I like Splatoon. I still play the multiplayer, but for me, the single player is like why I show up to the series. And so with Raiders, you know, they switch to the genre a little bit. It's still a shooter, right, but it's mostly single player. You can play at co op, but it's mostly single player focused. It's a looter shooter kind of thing. It's not what I want a Splatoon. It doesn't have like the puzzle platforming elements of the single player. It doesn't have that sort of you know, level based figure out how to get to the objective. It's kind of just you know, get to the end and like get a currency, defeat a boss or something. It's much more straightforward than that, and even to the point of like, yeah, you're kind of just walking forward. You're not really messing around with the pipes as much.
Speaker 7: There's a real level design, right, Like there's no but like it does. It almost could be anything. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I watch, it's just ground jutting out of the waters. There's not much to every level, at least where I'm at. I'm only like four hours in. Yeah, it doesn't change much, got it. I don't think this is not done on my line. It's just not like necessarily giving me what I want. Now that being said, it is still Splatoon. It still looks, feels, and sounds like Splatoon, and so I still maybe I'm a little more positive because I'm just enjoying playing in our Splatoon.
Speaker 7: But it feels great to play exactly like those core mechanics feel really good.
Speaker 6: Especially when you find your weapon or like you switch you a different weapon that you know you want to try out for a little bit. You're like, oh, wa is second that I didn't realize I would like this one, Or they have a modified new one hearing Raiders, and that's really cool. And this game actually is making me like deep cut, you know, the Idol group for three, because I did not like them in three, but yeah, suddenly here like they all I just feel like their personalities are showing a little bit more and I like all of them a whole bunch. Like you know, when Big Man is like I don't want to stay on the island, I want to go home and play my Dragon Quest three or whatever, I'm like, oh, relatable, I feel that. Yes, same, Yeah, so I'm I'm enjoying my time, but it's just, yeah, it's not what I want. Askatoon as a pretty big fan of the single player mode, yeah.
Speaker 1: I was bummed out by the level design now that you mentioned it, because like I would start to explore and look around only to find like the only thing I'm gonna find is just a couple of crates and a couple like.
Speaker 7: There's a reality like like those like kind of linear levels have like kind of like one or two like very slight op eaten path things to find, but they're not hard to discover. It's not like it's not it is not an exploration game at all.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very just action focus, and yeah, you know, I guess I appreciate them sticking with that. And there are some of those levels where oh, try out this gadget and this is gonna be a little bit more gimmicky, and I do appreciate those, but even they don't feel as fleshed out as some of the more interesting levels and say the Octo Expansion or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was, some of those gadget level specific one dungeons were a little frustrating for me, like I couldn't nail the timing of some of them for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: Are very fun, yeah, so yeah, to train you on using the new gadgets and new weapons, they'll have like challenge levels that are individual and it's like a puzzle challenge for you overcome just in case anyone doesn't know or whatever. And those are I think those are really fun. I really enjoy my time with those because I think they add much needed variety that the individual levels don't have as much. But real quick on the exploration, Mike, I had this one moment where I was on like I got to like the volcano area and then you start one of the levels like higher up and then you like drop down off of well not too tall of a cliff, but you drop off a little cliff and you're supposed to just keep walking forward. I was like, this is a s Platoon game. If this was Splatoon single player, I would turn around and there would be a secret like it built into that cliff side, because that's what you do. You They don't, you know, the average player isn't going to look behind them to see what's back there, And like in Splatoon, I know if I look back there, there's going to be crates for me, a break open, and there's going to be one of the collectibles. In a level, I look back there and there's a painting on the wall instead of cool. That's that's But that's the difference between these games. It's like, Okay, someone on the dev team knows that in a Splatoon game, I'm going to look back there if I've played these before. But the level design of this game dictates that they're not going to actually put anything there. And I'm like, Ah, that's the difference between this and the previous games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bummer. Yeah. The last thing I want to say about Splatoon Raiders I am enjoying it. I would like to perhaps maybe we do a multiplayer stream sometime in the near future. If we have like the phone, we should do it, right, yeah? Quiet, Yeah, a couple levels. This game reminds me so much of Ratchet Deadlocked.
Speaker 7: Remember I never did that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where it's like, hey, we're gonna take all the things you like from those games and just make it like a run based or like a level to level arena type of thing.
Speaker 6: That's a good call. Yeah, I think you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and nothing bad against it at all. I liked Ratchet Deadlock. You know, they did take away one of my favorite parts, which is clank what the relationship? But interesting game, interesting game, just like splatteen Raiders that is for It's all right, Oh yes, you're right. Uh speaking about looking around levels and clicking around for secrets, Mike Manatti, you are also looking at pointing and clicking looking for secrets in Endocopeia.
Speaker 7: Jeff Grub actually told me that I should play this game. This is a pretty new indie game, point and click adventure style that's sort of designed to look like those sort of early nineties almost edutainment games. But of course it's like, oh, it's a bit lackier than that. It's it's kind of absurdist, right, sure, so a little bit of a little bit of like that un until energy, but even further than that, dare I say some of that new ground splash energy that maybe isn't everybody's Jimmy Jam. I know I could sometimes be in the mood for that silliness, although like, sometimes things are so absurdist that I can feel like, well, anything can happen and nothing matters, which is hard for a puzzle game. Whe're trying to parse out the logic of a place. But still this game is designed that's a way that what you need to do at any given point is relatively too hard to parse out. There's also a hipboard littening to tip He's he's a sign with a face you kind of summon him whenever you need help with anything. But I really like the look of this one, just kind of like being weird and looking like a old school point click adventure game than occasionally doing things like having the really weird early style uh three rendered cut scene things and whatever. It cuts to that that's strange. Every once in a while try to get you with a jump scare of just something looking real freaking weird, and that stuff is also funded weird mini games too, where all of a sudden you have a boss fight and it's a little punch out esque for a moment, all right, something like that out of nowhere. Some of the puzzles were good. Like the best puzzle so far, there was like a theater with these colored seats, and each time I sat down in a seat, it would show a short video a song about a clown. It talk about how they either hurt themselves or died. And then I found a whack a mole thing with colored clouds where I could either hurt them or kill them. I was like, oh, I need to learn from the theater which clowns dies, and then like translate that to the whack a moles you know, right?
Speaker 1: Can I share something very personal real quick?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I understand the clown thing.
Speaker 7: Now, like you about not liking.
Speaker 1: Page jam No, no, no, the other the complete opposite of that much.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you're attracted to clowns.
Speaker 1: I think I get it.
Speaker 2: Oh are you scared or you will?
Speaker 7: Are you're attracted? Yeah, it's a digital circus thing, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm Page Okay, let's know the Harley that clown was kind of cute.
Speaker 7: I know what's one you're talking about on board?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 7: That one actually was kind of cute. Yeah, okay, she's like bad.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing uh, like there's a specific clown popping up in like a bunch of like conventions and convention pictures and videos, and I Pomney. I don't know what Pomney is.
Speaker 7: What is Pomny from the from the Amazing Digital Circus. I bet it's Pomney. Oh yeah, exactly, that's who it is. Yeah that the kids love the Digital Circus right now, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Catch off at the past nobody, here's about your opinion on this one. I'm just I wasn't shy. Kind of damn thing, gotcha? I saw you googling. I got worried.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to.
Speaker 6: Point out for this game, you googling. We all know, we all know where that goes. I wanted to point out this game came out one week ago. It is a fifteen dollars game on Steam, so not nothing but still indie price. But you know, not the kind of thing that everyone's going to own. It's overwhelmingly positive reviews, with almost nineteen hundred reviews, Like that's crazy.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to figure out you, because it's like it's popping out a little bit to the point where Grab heard about it and recommended to me, and I'm trying to figure out where that happened. It looks like it's just a very small developer who's he has, Like his last game in twenty twenty three is called Pika Yun Dreams and it also did really also had like a lot of really good reviews. So maybe I don't know, maybe this Andy developer's just somewhat well known. I don't know. I don't know how this has kind of gotten some attention, but yeah, you know, if you have an affinity for old point and quick games like me, I think you will like it again. Like almost during the game, I find myself at different points of being up for some of it's a bullshit with the whole like, oh man, it's real weird, and all of a sudden, I'm like, I like how it's weird. That lot of times I'm sort of rolling my eyes at how weird it is. But it's definitely has been enjoyable so far.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool cool, cool cool. I'd be interested in seeing more of that game down the line. Folks. You know, I was had some health complications and everything. I've been on the mending process, and part of that mending is figuring out that I'm getting winded just walking down the block, you know, fingy's crossed that. Continue to heal up and everything, get my blood levels back up. So the best thing to do is to go for a big walk with my friends in Big Walk, the biggest of the biggest of walks. Uh, mister backl are you you went to a virtual pre event You've checked this out, but then the rest of the GB owners uh explored the world of Big Walk and Sean, you were sitting shotgun there live producing that thing once again. There is a quick look up on the website. Highly suggest you go check that out. Sean expertly switching between povs and if your Premium member, you can go watch someone's specific pov except for Jeff Grub. But boys, I had a lovely time. Yeah, I think that's so cool.
Speaker 3: Like I actually heard some people I can't remember if it's on here or whatever we're talking about, like they didn't like the aesthetic and.
Speaker 1: I can get it. I get it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: I kind of like the weird kind of like you know, Homer Simpson bird dropper thing like against like realistic backdrops and stuff. I just think it's got a right amount of just kind of like quirky like weirdness mixed with just like oh, these are like just realistic trees and stuff.
Speaker 6: Sure, in motion, it's very charming. I think in the screenshots that may doesn't play as well.
Speaker 5: Sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: I got really curious with the first trailer because it just seems like, again, I people are quick to use the phrase friend slop for anything where it's like, oh, proc chat and you know, several people be running around doing different stuff. But this is different than like a peak. And also I don't consider friend slop to be a predorative at all. Friends slop games a lot, yeah, but this is a open world puzzle game. This is a Yeah. Just because that's proc chat everything doesn't mean it's like these other games that look like it. I like all of the emergent things that aren't even like these big crazy moments like there's not really like combat that we've seen or anything like. I like moments where it's like I split off from the group at one point to go do something and I had a walkie talkie and that's how I was like keeping in contact with with all you guys, and I like jump to see if I could like slide down this hill to get down faster, and the impact caused me to like drop my walkie talking. But I did slide down the hill, and it was at night and I didn't have a light or anything.
Speaker 7: So I can't get a hold of you guys.
Speaker 3: And for a while, I'm just going through a hill at night in the woods, like where the fuck is my walkie talkie?
Speaker 7: Like that was hard to earn that we had to like soft.
Speaker 3: Puzzles to get that walking talkie. I'm just looking at the ground like fu fuck fuck. They're probably wondering where I'm at and I can't talk to them, and I'm yelling.
Speaker 7: I'm like, guys, guys, I'm just hoping you could hear me.
Speaker 3: These type of experiences that I can't really say I've had in other multiplayer games, and like the puzzles themselves are clever, Like there was the one where I went into a soundproof room that had like a window and I could see these like five different like glyphs light up, and you guys couldn't see it, but there were switches on the other side, and so I can't talk to you with prox chat. So I'm having to come up with like a little like language of my own, where it's like, all right, if I sit on the ground and point, that means I'm pointing at the one on the ground over there. If I'm raising a hand up on pointing, that means it's a high up one. If it's two of them, I'm just going like this because you can independently raise your arms or point, And there's just so many clever uses of like what seems like pretty limited mechanics and uh yeah, just charm for days, solid puzzles, really good use of like PROCs chat and the gimmicks like the walkie talkies and things like that, Like I am, I'm loving this game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anythink that's a Misslike right, just put me in some Eyeland or something of a bunch of puzzles, yeah, and let me figure it out, kind of walk this way, see what you're going to find over there. And it was like a good combination of like sometimes we just come across something we're like, I don't know what this means yet. We'll come back to this and then there we'd walk a little bit further and there's a basketball hoop with like an egg and it's like, well, this one, I understand. Let's just try to throw this in here for for a little bit, and yeah, good sense of progression. Like in that first area, it's like basically, all right, solve four puzzles, get a thing, and bring it back here. Then open up another area and it's a similar thing, like all right, we're going to solve this many puzzles to sort of get this section done to kind of conveys the the I don't want to say loops, not necessarily loop, but it kind of conveys the objective of the progression system relatively simply and effectively.
Speaker 2: I like that the game kind of forces you to be a little twee, you know, Like I like that all of the all of the sort of parts are kind of really expertly offered in a way that you you just like the characteristics of the game that are like the most engaging and the most fun are just realizing your limitations and the ways that you are forced to kind of communicate and I know, you know, the whole like friend of slopshpield. It's it's obviously a mechanic of the game. It's very it's crucial. You can't progress without speaking, you have an impossible time doing so. And I just think like it's it says a lot that the sort of rule set is governed by the communication, because I feel like, you know, obviously there's other prox chat games that you know, where you're forced to rely on communication, but like this makes it more of like the mechanic in an interesting way that I feel like no one else is really doing. Yeah, I mean there's you know, the thing that keeps getting me every time I look back at our footage and get back into it. It's like, man, you are really at the mercy of like the deliberate design choices that have gone on in this game. And that's not shackling in any way. You're left to your own devices, And I think there's something about how all that stuff is just sort of presented to you and you organically assume things about the environment like that suns just so smart. I feel like having that, you know, at your disposal is a really awesome thing to be able to experience. It's cool, man, they really did such a fun job with it, and I'm really really dig in like what you are kind of because there there's also like this kind of mystery aspect to it that is a little unsettling in a way where you're, yeah, yeah, what's the bigger picture here? Like what exactly is going on? Like we all look so kind of goofy and the world is rendered relatively realistically and what's up with EXAs? Yeah, what's going on here? Why are these like Little Kong doi Dog toys like going on? Like what what are those things? Like? What is the what is the bigger picture? What's the message here?
Speaker 6: Yeah? And I'm sure, like you know, there's probably something I'm missing or someone's favorite five dollars friends slop game on Steam that they played that I haven't heard of. But I feel like we haven't had quite this style of like Missed or Portal or that specific type of puzzle solving in this type of multiplayer game in at least a while. I feel like it's usually more about figure out a way to work together to get to the end, the ending goal, or to like a raid something you know, some on like a repo or whatnot or Death Lethal Company. I feel like this is bringing things back around to to that time of portal of like, Okay, I'm gonna sit here, I'm gonna position you over here. I need to do my task, you do your task. We need to communicate to like make sure that we're doing them in sync or whatever, and it was I know, not everyone is going to be able to have experience like this. Hopefully you can if you're like talking to your friends afterwards of like, oh, what were you doing while I was over here, if you like split up or something, but being being able to have almost like a bird's eye view of things, like switching between your guys's perspectives, it led to some just naturally funny moments of like, you know, Dan mentioned when he like slid down the hill and kind of tumbled a little bit. But it was funny that I could be like, you know, you guys are all in a group and saying, I wonder what Dan's up to, and I can switch over Dan just going guys, guys they or like where's grub and grubs walking along the beach singing to himself, or like I wonder if those guys are finishing their task, and I just switched to everything going wrong with the other half. It was moments like that that were like really comical. I think, uh, hopefully a lot like streamers and YouTubers pick this one up and like do something like that of having multiple perspectives, because I think that that's really cool and also I think sells the game a little bit more because you can have those stories of what were you doing when I was doing this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is interesting.
Speaker 3: It's like, I do think it would behoove you to stick with the same group throughout, because I was thinking, like, you know, we we want to stream more of it, I believe Friday, but it's you know, on paper, it'd be fun to like, oh, let's bring in someone you know, we talked about like, oh let's reach out to like Vitelli or something, and I found ou Vitelli's played it, and so it's like, I think that would kind of screwed up if it's like somebody has experienced the puzzle and then are they just kind of like standing around like, oh, trying not to help too much.
Speaker 7: I think it's a game where you want to.
Speaker 3: Pick your crew two to eight people or more whatever you want, and just stick with it throughout.
Speaker 6: Did any of you guys play more of it, or if y'all sort of wait, I.
Speaker 5: Think Friday, we're gonna do extreme of it much sense.
Speaker 1: I don't have friends other than here, other than eat shit Grub. Well Grub would have went off in his own direction anyway. We all he did do that very quickly. Yeah. Last thing I'll say I want to say about Big Walk is that it is very apparent that the previous game that Househouse made was untitled Goose game because of just the tweet nature of it, like you said back LARV, like just poking and prodding around of like wonder what this does, oh shit type of deal, or like how little the game will actually convey to you, of like in communicative what you can do. So it does encourage that mist like poking and prodding around and just like puzzle solving together and.
Speaker 6: The way that you like troll with each other in the levels, like you know, in untitled Goose game, the goose would be trolling everyone else, but now here you're trolling each other. Like I remember what you guys had, like you called it like the sex Ladder or something like that, just this weird ladder looking thing and dance like, oh, let me see that and just grabs and like punks it into the ocean. Like moments like that are very funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Despite being a co op game, it still feels like there's a level of competition, like no, I'm going to get the key. I'm gonna get of.
Speaker 3: Course, yeah yeah, and I'm stealing it from a There's something about it too, where you like we all kind of turn.
Speaker 2: Into cavemen, like uh, you know, you know what I mean. We're just like, ah, we found the egg. We all like worship an egg for.
Speaker 3: You were Backler, like the other guys split off because like there's something where some of the guys had to go up to a tower to get like coordinates or shoot a laser, and we had to stand down where the coordinates info was so Backler for a while, there was just me and you just waiting by these coordinates while they go off to a tower and we don't have anything to do, so we're just like talking and like we start playing catch.
Speaker 5: We had like a radio or something. We're just like playing catch.
Speaker 3: But it's like just interesting little emergent things to pop up, like on the social front too with this game.
Speaker 1: That's cute. That's cute. The game is twenty dollars and it is cross platform, correct, it is? Okay? Cool, So there you go, folks.
Speaker 6: If you on sale and there's a lot of sale, it's like thirteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh it's on the like top tier of whatever PlayStation Plus is offering you.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Oh cool.
Speaker 2: And I saw people in chat asking about this. I remember as the developers they said this that it does. H what's it called? It does sort of change depending on how many people are playing, like not the it adjusts to accommodate. There's certain kind of like you know, height things that won't work if you've only got you know, three people or two people whatever. So the puzzles do adapt to how many players.
Speaker 7: Oh, that maxes out.
Speaker 5: That maxes out at four, I think, like so if you do two.
Speaker 2: Yeah after it's okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: It's twelve, I think. But it caps the puzzles.
Speaker 6: Okay. Yeah. Seeing you guys play, it seemed like every puzzle was designed around four us. So I was worried because I have a group of three that was like my core group I play with every week. As I was worried, oh, can we not play this even though it seems pretty fun. But if it adapts, that's what it does.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Okay, two or more can play together.
Speaker 3: Okay, there there you go. Go play the top tier. It's the essential tier or whatever the base one is called. Now again, every company has terrible tier names and no one knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah Jesus, yep, yeap, what the fuck? I'm actually still confused about which Xbox were on. I just politely nod.
Speaker 2: That's the last one.
Speaker 1: We'll get to it in the news, folks. That does it for games. We're gonna take a quick bricky break and we.
Speaker 4: Will be back with the news right after this.
Speaker 8: This is my.
Speaker 7: And a kid. Hey, hey, hey, everybody, how's it going. Guess Jeff Grub is out on an assignment, so I'm here govern news. He actually did curate the news for us, and has bolded some of his commentary on these topics him south just to leap those. Yeah, we don't care what he thinks.
Speaker 2: Let's just guess.
Speaker 7: Starting off there with Xboxes leaked disc to Digital System Good solving impossible ownership problem. A leaked to Microsoft developer document says Xbox intends to expand backward compatibility on PC in several stages. Original Xbox games were reportedly headed toward a full PC launch in October, while developers would be able to opt Xbox three sixty games into the ecosystem gradually during twenty twenty seven twenty eight. Those games would then work across Windows based Xbox hardware, including Project Helix, other Xbox PCs, and had hells. Developers would control participation, pricing, and game pass availability. This to digital ownership seems like the key to this strategy. A player inserts an Xbox one Er series disc into a capable console. That's stage one. It'sh Microsoft grants that account the digital entitlement. Stage three, the entitlement remains associated with both the account and the physical disc. Stage four, Selling or lending the disc would transfer the entitlement to the new holder and revocate from the previous account. This retains the full functionality and reso the disc, while also smoothing out of transition to a future where fewer Xbox systems will have disc drives. But this also means that Xbox will locally to provide some way to use discs on Project Helix. Grub says here, at the very least, this feels like a very thought out and coherent plan. Which distinguishes it from everything else Xbox has done the book year. Yeah, right, exactly. But you know, it's something nice to see and it's going to be interesting to see what the PlayStation response to this is. You know, it is kind of like, yeah, okay, so if we're going to be able to save our discs, are you going to have a disk drive on the new console so we can do that for PlayStation six it seems pretty unlikely if they aren't going to make any disc games for it. So whatever PlayStation solution is going to be, it's going to require you to use a PlayStation five to register your discs somehow.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and this seems like a cool system. This has come up in the past, but now we have a few more things to talk about here where Yeah, specifically it will have to work with an Xbox one or an Xbox Series disc because those have like the identifiers on them to be able to, you know, say, oh, this is this game. It's not just an Xbox game or an Xbox three sixty game. This is a Battlefield one for Xbox one, you know, something like that. And so this is a cool system, I think, because you can pop that disc in you can get basically a digital copy with all the convenience, as long as nobody else uses that disc. I've always thought that this is a cool system as kind of the bare minimum that these companies need to do if we're going to transition all digital, because people have physical games, you can't just like tossos aside willingly. It's a little it's still a shame that it won't work, at least seemingly won't work for original Xbox or three sixty games. Maybe they'll reverse them in the future and they just say, oh, your Xbox one X or your series x red a, you know, like looking at my shelf, like I have a let's say Dead or Alive three, Like if I pop that into my disc based Xbox. If they could just be like, all right, we don't really need the sale on this one. We'll just grant you this one. That would be nice as well. I know that with the backwards compatibility that they just started announcing for PC, John Linneman asked them about, well, what about my physical discs, because of course John would and they said, well, we actually wanted to do that on PC, but not every DVD drive can read those like encrypted Xbox discs correctly and identify what they are, and that's why there's no option for that on PC. Which also that's the type of thing that has me a little worried about if Helix is a PC, because then you know, it won't have the ability to read some discs like that. So how is that going to work? Or like your original Xbox in three sixty games just not going to work? Are you going to have to read buy them? Ditchally, that's a little bit weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's some other you know, and like, yeah, so you don't have to hand it to Xbox, right, I think it's kind of right point here, Like they says, of course, there needs to be solutions to these problems, right, that is that should be their responsibility, and PlayStation's better have solutions as well. Though I think with them it's a little bit of a worry, like maybe they're just going to rip the band aid off a little bit more forcefully and then this even.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like to be clear, I'm happy about systems like this because it means I don't have to give Microsoft any more money by replying the Times, absolutely, Yeah, So I'm a little confused about like what Helix is gonna be now, because it seems like, you know, with the backwards compatibility on PC expanding and stuff like that, that they're trying to get more and more stuff on PC, which would indicate that Helix is just that PC. Like we've been talking about the way like Asha's talking about like I only barely caught game this morning's yesterday, but like in general, talking about committing to the console and everything like that. I'm just thinking like, well, doesn't that seem a little contradictory to the idea of it just being a PC then, So now I'm wondering, and you know, she has said about like the the Steam on Helix thing. You know, I wasn't there for those discussions and stuff like that. It seems like there's a backing away from that count thing. So now I'm just really curious what Helix actually is, right.
Speaker 7: I Mean, there's just so many questions about these consoles, including their price, and kind of like put some stuff in here too to remind us like, hey, those latest price increases have gone into effect. They're more expensive, and like more are probably coming. Microsoft them selves have been like yeah, like this just problems not getting solved. These components keep getting more expensive. That's not going to stop. It's just, you know, there's this larger question of how how is Xbox going to have growth? How is them seemingly focusing on the console business again at a point where that that business just seems a bit uncertain right now?
Speaker 6: Uh, we don't there is to mention, I guess of the these Xbox PCs, we didn't really addressed that of Yeah, I'm assuming that terminology means something like the Asis rog, Xbox Ali x x X, triple X, double X, quadruplex. What the fuck is that thing called? Something like those handhelds are what they're referring to as Xbox PCs, right of like a partner device, as like branded Xbox.
Speaker 7: And that's something that I think was probably at one point a bigger part of the strategy before the regimen change, and now it's like now that Project Helix is though, that is the main thing. There might be other things that, of course are kind of Xboxes, but not everything is an Xbox. Who would say that, that would be ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 6: Something wondering now, I'm kind of wondering if Helix is a more traditional consult they're trying to like sense, it's not now yet. They could scale back the software the offering system to being more console like, to being more expensive based, and then the Xbox PCs are the more open thing that they can work with like asos and stuff on.
Speaker 1: I was assuming that Helix would kind of be closer to that Roger ally Xbox Triple X that you mentioned sean versus like a traditional console, and that it would just be more Windows up. But now I don't know. I mean, every day to day, week to week, I have less and less of an idea of what the strategy is specifically with Helix and what to expect with it. Also looking at these like price increases, bonkers, crazy town bananas scene.
Speaker 6: I pull it out there day that I looked around my room. I was streaming. I just something brought up and I looked around my room. I'm like, every piece of hardware I've bought in like the past five years has gone up in value, which is insad everyone appreciating.
Speaker 1: It's very weird.
Speaker 7: It's wild, all right. EACE fifty five billion private takeovers expected to close today. The investor group, led by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, received approval under the European using foreign subsidies regulation remaining significant regulatory hurdle for it's fifty five billion dollar acquisition Electronic Arts. He said all required approvals have been attained and expected the transition transaction to close August fourth, which is today. Grob says just worth pointing out that this is the largest leverage buy it in the history of the world, not just gaming, everyone really world, and that EA will now have the shift from growing to satisfy shareholders expecting to grow to pay twenty million in debt. I won't expect that means we get more and core games. Some people are like, well, it's a good thing anyways, because EA is not a private company anymore, so they don't have shareholders. But the new owner is buying into twenty billion in debt, so they have to make that money, which is going to mean they are going to continue what has been the strategy at EA, which is just finding ways to make more money off of the core consumers that are buying things like.
Speaker 1: Madden Michael Transactions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Michael Transactions is gonna be having more sway than ever at EA. This does not mean like Burnout four is coming out like anything interesting, like that it's going to be the same EA that releases a few sports games every year and then maybe a Star Wars game if you're lucky, and more sims four DLC.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: That that that's the future we are looking at here with EA. Maybe grimmer than that.
Speaker 2: I mean, so that's bad, but like, yeah, there is a like I I guess my whole thing is like you're buying into this debt. What's to say, like this debt can't grow? Like what's to say, like just do more bad and never still like it will right? Like I I guess that's maybe like the comedic sort of like takeaway of all this of like there's an opportunity where for you know, the consumers to do the funniest thing and just like continue to put this business in the dumpster and not give a fuck and watch it just completely implode. That seems I mean, like you're describing this thing like, well, we have to do all these micro transactions to be like all right, well, are there is E Like is there is there success where they're like, oh, we just have to like open up this kid casino and we can generate the money. Like where if it's bed, it's bed and don't engage. I realized I'm taking a very sort of like surface level examination of the situation.
Speaker 6: But there is there, there is like a dark humor to it of like, man, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must really think that they can actually sports wash their image with stuff like this, and they just don't seem to realize that it's not working. Like people, people only think less of sn K, they only think less of evil, They only think less of like the investments in like Nintendo and Capcom and stuff, nobody like this.
Speaker 7: It's like when Haykill talked to those Christian rock people, Right, you're not You're not making.
Speaker 1: Its exactly like that.
Speaker 7: You're not making Christianity better, You're making rock and roll worse.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, what I'm saying, Like it's it's sort of just like did they get some bed advice, Like non really have like an obscene amount of money that you could just maybe, Yeah, they can't afford for this to not work out is the stupid thing.
Speaker 7: And that's why they kind of can do it without thinking about it all that much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Now, now we have this weird world where you know, mass effect four, which has been you know, historically a pretty like, you know, queer friendly franchise from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. What is that going, dude, look like it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I it's just a it's a very weird thing. I think people like the money when they aren't aware of all the bad things around the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and everything that's happening here with them trying to buy their way into everything. People like the money that gets invested in, you know, like Evil Evo having well I guess Evil at this point, having large prize pools, and like they created the Esports World Cup where people are going to compete in various esports for a bunch of money, and people think that's really cool. But then they learn, then they find out about all the atrocities of that kingdom and their government, and then immediately the switch flips of like oh nope, you know what I do without that money, and like it just feels like bad timing of more than ever, with people being chronically online, they learn eventually they might take them a second. We saw for example with Games Done Quick for example, just somehow most of the speederro On community it wasn't even just GDQ staff. Most of the Speederron community just hasn't heard of this because they haven't been falling gaming news, you know, and that's why it's on us to educate people. But just as this stuff is spreading again instantly people are turned off by it because they just know that's bad.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it would be possible for a future Harry Potter game to get worse, but it can.
Speaker 7: It will, yeah, right, a little bit of a tangent. But just like talk about things like sort of breaking containment. I know this has been brought before, but I was like a friend's birthday party this weekend, so like I'm talking about Normis and Normi's parents and everyone there was.
Speaker 8: Too much.
Speaker 7: Every one there was asking me about PlayStation not having discs anymore, like area, It's what the amount of containment brokenness on that is absolutely wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So give me a little, uh, give me a little summary of how that exchange went.
Speaker 7: I mean it's just I mean it's just like, oh, yeah, like PlayStation is not even have discs anymore. Huh. I'm like, yeah, yeah, you know, that's crazy. Yep, that's usually how it goes.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they were just looking for someone to talk with you about, right, Like maybe it's just like talking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but just the fact that they know is just a shout to me because they don't know it. Again, they don't know about Saudi Arabia investing in video games. They don't even really necessarily know about Xbox, you know, closing studios, laying people off, things like that. Yeah, everybody knows about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some of the stuff is getting big enough that sound like mainstream news. Like I'll still say like when my when my almost seventy year old mom knows about PlayStation consoles are going up in price, that's how you know that's something like pretty big news.
Speaker 2: Because I think those I think those headlines are like milestone kind of like easy to digest in a single sort of phrase right where you're just like, oh, I don't need to really understand anything more about the story. Discs are going away, got it right? Like maybe it's the digestible, bite size stuff like that too.
Speaker 1: The EA stuff is particularly causing up a stir because like their main office in the US is in Redwood City in the Bay Area, so it's been like circulating around like local San Francisco news. A bunch just because people are worried of like is this gonna go away now? Like what's happening? Like local businesses are also spooked because you know, they depend on those people going to the A office for lunch, et cetera.
Speaker 7: So all right, a little bit of pivot here, Fire up Unfortunate's weave. Hey. That direct was earlier today, showcasing more of this turn based strategy game, which is coming out September seventeenth exclusive for the Switch to Pretty good look at the game here, including some like I don't know if if it's a spoiler, if it's part of the promotion campaign, but like a character we wouldn't necessarily expect to see or hasn't been introduced yet. Although kind of the craziest thing here is that part of this game is dungeon crawling with more traditional turn based battles. That's here somehow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like so fire. Emical games have it where you can like go out, and at least the more recent ones where you can go out, you like train somewhere on the map and like do a side thing, and apparently in You're you can I can't see the exact specifics of it, but you can go ahead dungeon and suddenly they line up like yeah, like it's Dragon Quest or something, and the animations are still fire emblem, but it seems like a different type of battling. I was like watching this while I was getting ready this morning, and there are details like that, but also, yeah, they're they're doing some other wild stuff like this. It's really funny when they like introduce I think these are just a new type of weapons. I don't remember them, but like gauntlets that can apparently take different forms, and I said, there's even ones that look like firearms. And my girls is holding the most futuristic oozy you've ever seen, Like it's a perfect dark It's.
Speaker 1: So funny because like I was, I was scrolling through looking for the direct today and I found game Spots first, and the thumbnail they chose is just like Anne looking character holding an oozy.
Speaker 6: I was like, who over there at game Spot is like pull the goof on me right now? What am I looking at? It was very funny. Yeah, you know, they showed in the direct that they are doing something similar to Three Houses, where everything we've seen up to this point, although like you know, the four characters in plays and everything is just the quote unquote prologue and then the actual story is that you the main character. They say, like this is the real protagonist is a time traveler, like one of the gods or like an angel messenger of the gods, because like one of the gods, Fortuna is like they are also playable, I guess, And so like you play a prologue that tells like how these four characters got the world to apparently a state a post apocalypse, and then the real story is like you fixing that as like a messenger from the gods or something like that. Again, I'm missing some small details here, Bob, Like, well, that's a really that's honestly a more interesting way to the time skip of like three houses and stuff. I think that you can go back and like fix mistakes or something. It's wild and and I think it looks really cool.
Speaker 7: It also kind of gives us that the thing that they've done since Awakening where you can kind of like get the main characters is kind of son protagonists where you can pick the male or female version of right, and they don't have Pepsi colors this time, So that's good, correct, Right, Yeah, they're definitely seem to be leaning into the Three Houses aspect of it, which is something they've been trying to connect to from the beginning. And Three Houses very well liked.
Speaker 1: I like that one a lot of it.
Speaker 7: Engage the previous more divisive. Just so just looking at this though, and it's a pretty looking game. Also, Yeah, I did enjoy engagees kind of bright color palette and this. This is like a good compromise I think between Engaged, which could sometimes be garish maybe with its color choices, three Houses, which was sometimes a bit bland and muted. I think they got the right balance here.
Speaker 1: Just looking at this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it feels like they're going back to say Awakening, which I think there's a lot of elements in here where I'm like, stylistically, it's going back to Awakening, which people, a lot of people, include myself, still say is the best they've played, because I do love that game, and so I'm excited to see them go back to that and also do some interesting stuff with the story.
Speaker 7: I am. I'm super in the mood for one of these. I also see, of course you can send characters to a hot spring together because.
Speaker 1: It's Yeah, because anime, you should like, what are we doing here. We should all go to a hot spring.
Speaker 7: Sure. Yeah, basically fourteen launches on switch to today. That's right, everybody, the hit MMO. I'm not doing the whole thing there that is out available. You can get the even just the free trial basically is going to give you three hundred hours of gameplay content, honestly, so you can get that. You can also get a complete addition which will get you up with the current expansions as well. There's kind of a launch discount on that thirty percent off until August eighth. There's some funkiness with this game, like you need like a separate subscription from your normal Final Fantasy subscription. I think just because of the light and the Nintendo stuff works if you want to do that ultimate thing. It's a little bit complicated. Also, it's huge, so it's like one hundred and seventeen gigabytes. Sure right to play this because it's an MMO. So I spent last night just kind of clearing space on my SD card to prepare myself. I'm very excited to try this version out. I have a good bit of ketchup to do with down Trail before ever Cold the new expansion comes out. Last year, so I'm hoping this is going to be a good way for me to kind of work through that main story quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've despite not playing much of Final Fantasy fourteen, I've bought it twice already PlayStation and on on Steam, and I think I'm gonna buy it a third time, but this time I will play it because Final The.
Speaker 6: Funny thing is, you kind of don't need to buy it just yet. So I was thinking about this hypothetically. So you do need Switch online for this, correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you need Switch Online and then if you play the recent expansions, you'll need a separate subscription. Unfortunately, it's not like it is with a PlayStation PC, where you can buy subscription on one and like works on the other or something like that. I forget because I just always do PC nowadays. But you'll need to buy like a specifically the Final Fantasy fourteen switch subscription because I guess Nintendo needs to cut or whatever. Hypothetically.
Speaker 1: Sorry, real quick shot maple QB and our twitch chat says, No, you do not need Switch online.
Speaker 6: Okay, you don't need Switch on line. Wow, that's not missinfo. Everybody that's not asking if you needed this.
Speaker 7: I'm confused. I'm confused that works. How could it possibly work? Yeah, you need it both, but if you don't need switch online. I thought that was the messaging at first, but okay, so then it's even better because with the free trial, like Final Fantasy fourteen at this point is just six Final Fantasy games in one, and the free trial is basically just the first four of those at this point. Yeah, it's a lot of freaking game to just download and play for free. Yeah, it's like literally two hundred to three hundred hours just to like get through that stuff, and like that's the refree I think the free trial includes Shadow Bringers. So the free trial includes the first three expansions, so a lot of the best stuff honestly at that point. So yeah, you'll be good for quite a while with that.
Speaker 1: For folks asking Final jantsy is coming after Pokemon Worlds. It happens Pokemon Monday Night Combat. We we will uh sunset the gym, well we'll we'll close it for renovations and then open up Final Jantasy fourteen.
Speaker 7: Oh alrighty neck, Yeah, I'm righty too. I'm excited for that. You do have you figured out what like race you're going to be? Are you going to be a fellow with me?
Speaker 1: Say?
Speaker 7: Look, I know it's a it's always where when you talk about these things, because you just throw the word race out in a different context.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I'd like to throw any race app Mike, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, Look I like the rabbit ladies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought you're going to pick a rabbit lady. What do you mean? Nothing? All right? Next up here is Dave Patiss and talks to replace Ryan Hurst as Kratos. Okay, this is far as Amazon MGM Studios to say pictures TV show where this is not finalized or anything. Ryan Hurst was like, they released a photo of Ryan Hurst as Creatos makeup costume, Yeah, received, yeah, or episodes and then he tours Bicep and uh, well that is that? Apparently Batisa just did the Highland of reboots, so hey, shouldn't they.
Speaker 2: Get someone who's not larger than Credos.
Speaker 5: He's off the gas.
Speaker 2: You know they're gonna have to use trick photography to make him appear smaller so that he could be the god of all.
Speaker 5: He resembles a human being at this point, he does he probably.
Speaker 7: I bet he would look pretty good. I'm just surprised because like, this is a bigger name, right, huge, just a huge name, so to be able to kind of rope that in. Maybe it's because of time, because before maybe Batista was in consideration but was working on Highlander. Uh, and now it's like, well that's done. Now we don't have that problem, so you can maybe come in here. It's funny because Batistas often wanted to be Marcus Phoenix in the Gears and Gears of War movie, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't want that for that.
Speaker 7: He's always looks like him. But so he'll be in it, as as Grub points out, here, will be in a different geow perhaps cool dude.
Speaker 3: Like, oh yeah, yeah, okay, do like I doesn't seem impossible, right, please?
Speaker 2: You know I I love Dave. I would aren't they also replacing the child?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 7: I don't think so that.
Speaker 2: I could have sworn, keep me honest, Chats, I could have sworn that they're also having to repel for season two. Okay, perhaps that's what it is, man. I mean, look, it's it's an Amazon thing. It's going to be impossible to watch and see I just.
Speaker 7: That's that's just the time skift thing, because season two, I guess will be based off ragnar Rock again. Like of me, it's like those those games have so much story. I feel like I've already seen that God of War TV show. It was called God of War the video game set.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 7: It's different. I know that's reductive.
Speaker 2: No it's not. I just I'm surprised you're saying that, Mike, I thought of you differently. But also you know, I think like there's fun you can have there. I'm more interested because like I'm just more interested, like where the direction they kind of do, Like how ground did they kind of make it? I think that's to me the most intriguing part of it, And just the story they want to tell. How grounded is that story? Is it going to be this sort of like over the top insanity.
Speaker 5: I mean, none of the stuff in the game's happened.
Speaker 2: That's still out for the discovery, Dan, we have to do more carbon testing, you know, we have to really figure it out. But no, I mean I don't know. I also don't know how badly I want a God of War show.
Speaker 1: I will say if Dave Batista's involved with it. My interest suddenly jumps up. Yeah too interested now versus God keep it away from me and he can't get hurt.
Speaker 2: If anything, the show will get hurt from him. Like he like, I'm not worried about his.
Speaker 1: Hillwords through the hurt brother. He walks for miles inside this strait of danger. It's true rights.
Speaker 7: I heard, Oh, man, that's such a cool interest with the freaking like get.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Speaking of cool things for cool people, square Enix says the strange Kingdom Heart's artwork was human error and not a.
Speaker 1: Dave Batista druid, and he just wasn't sure about the details.
Speaker 2: So Rob and I talked about this on on game as yesterday.
Speaker 7: I heard that. I heard that, Yeah, this.
Speaker 2: Is I'm sorry, but like, you're not fooling anyone. I like, what the fuck? Man?
Speaker 7: So this this is for that artwork for that Kingdom Hearts collection that is coming out that like you know, bundles all the games together. It has this special artc And immediately when everyone looked at it, they're like this reeks of ai Like Donald Duck had too many fingers on one hand, like like details were blending into each other. Donald Duck's mouth was doing weird stuff. It just did not look right. You look at this thing, it doesn't look right at all, and uh like Screennix finally came out and said, like, no, that's not it wasn't AI. We just did some oop sees and I'm like, oopsies. I don't know if they're allowed to just lie like this, but you're like, if it's not a lie, then our standards have fallen so much because of AI somehow for this to get through I it is just it's difficult to believe because it just reeks up, it reeks of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those hallmarks right like, and we we talked about this yesterday, right like the like the one comedic silver lining of like AI's proliferation is like we all now know we are like programmed to sniff it out right. It's there is a look to it where everything just is like super smooth and porcelain and uncanny, and it's like, oh, I know what this fucking thing is. I'm not gonna buy a smoothie from you guys, because you're fucking lazy bitches, right Like, I'm just not gonna do that if you're putting that into the like, there's no way this is gonna be quality. So that's fun that you can pick out and selectively boycott the things you don't want to support because they're fucking demons. And then we see this and it's like, oh, all the alarm bells go off and they're just like, now we just got like shitty artists is essentially what they're saying.
Speaker 7: How are they going to possibly find any good artists at Square Emix and Disney.
Speaker 1: That's the craziest spot though, is how did this get by Disney? Right? Like, I am assuming that there's some type of approval process with anything relating to Disney, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Disney loves Ai, don't forget like they want to feed all their characters into sour or whatever the other the other. So they broke that deal, but they've changed the way they feel. It just means that they realize what public perception is. I think maybe the most likely thing here is that people are theorizing Oh wait a second. The Japanese box art is different in that it is the same nomber of art, but almost all I think it was all I didn't follow this too closely because I'm just like, well, this all sucks, but I believe almost all of the details that look weird were obscured on the Japanese art, and so oh, they just used AI to extend the art when they rearrange things to fix, like to fit North American bees, And maybe that's the truth in the middle ground of square Enix saying, oh, we didn't generate it with AI. We just used a human who was kind of stupid and didn't notice that, you know when they extended it that they made some mistakes happening.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm looking at this because yeah, like that hand of Donald Ducks's behind Sora a different version, So yeah, okay, I could see. So you know, you're a giant bomb.
Speaker 6: We have Dan Reikert, who when Adobe tells him I'm going to use AI to fix this for you, he's smart enough to say no. But square Enix they don't have a Dan Reikert. They don't have someone who will say no, I will not use the generative AI bond.
Speaker 5: That's the problem with square Enox.
Speaker 6: That's the problem Dan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that almost gosh. As you say that, now, I'm like, that's almost certainly what happened here, And like now they're like maybe even square Enix is confused at this point about what happened. I don't know there is.
Speaker 6: A separation there, I can tell. I don't know personally anyone at either branch, but I feel like there's a separation between squaring ks in Japan and like the Western representatives. So maybe there's like a breakdown communication.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show me the pro create files, Show us the files.
Speaker 6: Show us the time laps, show us the time labs come on.
Speaker 7: Also, going back to placing in discs, there was an earnings call and they were finally asked about the whole Hey, you're still gonna do that, and they acknowledged the backlash and they're like, yeah, we're still We're still We're still going to do that. Actually.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: Sony's offering profit rose forty percent during its first quarter, helped by gaming and image sensors. It increases full operating profits forecast by eight percent. Sony sold one point six million places FCE systems during the quarter, down roughly one third year over year, but gaming profitability remained strong. During the discussion, CFO Metal acknowledged the opposition to Sony's plan to stop manufacturing disc for new PlayStation releases beginning in January twenty twenty eight, but said the company would cautiously move forward around eight. Yeah, around eighty percent of Sony's full game sales were already digital during fiscal twenty teven. It means that they're going to continue to shut the fuck up about it for the most part. I assume yeah, okay, yeah, Grub says here. Lintal is the one. Per is the person who said in an earnings call a few quarters back that PlayStation's plan is to tomize the impact of rising memory costs by focusing on monetizing the installed based and growing software and network services revenue. You already see that strategy effect because again, console sales were down like a third, but the profitability was still there. Because again, it's all about kind of squeezing that very dedicated consumer base. Eventually, Stones do run out of water, would be my cautionary tail there.
Speaker 2: Stones explain this to dannused.
Speaker 7: Like squeezing water on the stone. Wow, because that's what I'm saying. It's the word water before It's okay, what you mentioned. I got my idioms mixed up. I'm sorry everybody, but you get the point, right. There's only so much there's to squeeze.
Speaker 6: The biblical idiom, but.
Speaker 7: It was short. One time you had to squeeze water from the stone with the.
Speaker 5: Blood, and it says blood from a stone.
Speaker 3: You should know that that is real crazy.
Speaker 2: If blood came out of stones, cool, it would be pretty had.
Speaker 1: I would be diving into rocks right now with how much is.
Speaker 7: Actually probably some water in stones. There's no blood in them, so I feel like mine's better.
Speaker 2: You're not looking hard.
Speaker 6: Enough, little about water and all sort of thing. The reeks of sorry you got mad, like sorry, sorry, Like anytime a CEO, CFO whoever like comes out and says, well, you know, you have to understand that things are progressing and this is the future. It's it's just like looking down on the rest of us and be letting us like, all right, all right, you idiots getting mad over there. Shut up. We're doing this either way, and we're just gonna like write you off that that's all this reeks out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's funny. I there was like the Wolverine trailer for an update trailer or teaser that came out, and then I was like scrolled down, looked at the comments and everyone is talking about discs. Yep, it's it's crazy. You know. The problem is I wonder if people will stick to their convictions, stick to their guns on like either doing a soft boycott or only buying the game on on disc or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, tragically, I don't think it'll move the needle at all. I think the reason though, that this is so popular because it is so unpopular, right, Like, there's not anyone who I mean, there are a few fringe weirdos who are like, you know, embracing and ushering in the death of physical media with open arms, right Like, for the most part, people are generally in agreement. They're like, this is a net negative, right right, And and very and frequently is there some sort of topic that like the majority of people can get behind together and all root against the same sort of thing tragically.
Speaker 6: Because they're taking something away from us, Like anytime you take something away from people that doesn't need to be taken away. They could have just let physical media peter out, like it is in all the other aspects you don't like or even like, become niche. You know, CDs are still produced. There's still millions of CDs on the market every year, a small market. Yeah, vinyls coming back.
Speaker 7: It really just like because then they have to have a disk drive and they don't want to eat different optional disk drive right like like we have right now.
Speaker 6: They don't want to be mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's ownership. It's just coming in its ownership. That's I realized. We just got finished talking about a story that rubs against it. But yeah, it's it's it's the the thing everyone needs to be more upset about is the ownership part of it, all right, and not the thing that like I can't hold this in my hands. It's the ownership when it boils down to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, that is it for the news. Thanks again to Jeff Grub for putting that together, for us handing the show back over to you, Jan even though I'm not your co captain, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad. You allow it. You're the bad boy, you're the Cleveland streamer. Yeah, I know. Well it's okay. Well, we'll talk about it during this quick breaky break, and we'll be back with some emails in some YouTube superchats if we got them. We'll see you right after this.
Speaker 2: These are the.
Speaker 1: Emails emails BombCast a giant bomb dot com is email address to send your emails too. You can write in about any and everything and we will do our best to read all of them. Once again, I say this every week. I haven't been able to say this for the past couple of weeks, but thank you for sending your emails in. You send them in about various miscellaneous things about the website, and I do appreciate them. We are flooded, not just with spam emails, but with actual shoot emails. First email comes from Nathan from Osceola, Wisconsin, and this is to Dan. Dan, it was a little surreal seeing you hanging out around my hometown while you were camping with Minmax. If you're ever in the area again, I highly recommend checking out the Wisconsin side of Interstate Park. It's Saint Croix Falls. It's incredible. Anyway, gang, do you have any must visit state or national park recommendations or hikes around while they still exist? A long time first time Nathan, Osceola, Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, gosh, I haven't been able to make it to many of the big ones, so kind of kind of all of them. I want to go see the Batalance, like the Tetons things like that. Yeah, right, all right, definitely, that's high up there, even just like Yosemite things like that. Yeah, I'm really able to do much.
Speaker 3: Went to Zion in Utah a couple years ago and that was beautiful.
Speaker 5: And Bryce Canyon is near there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. Yeah, if you live in California or near Yosemite, you have to just make it out over there. I know that. It's just like very busy now, the tourist wise and people clamoring to go there, but it lives up to it. It's fun and gorgeous. It makes you think about the scale and your place in the world. It's beautiful, also fun. Gift shop.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm there for the gift shop. Baby, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming some of it as park and forgive me if it's not. But Hawaii is a place that I just think really should be experienced by by everyone. I know it's it's tough to get there and it's not the most accessible, but it's incredible. It's basically represents like every biome imaginable on Earth. You can see everything from desert to rainforest to snow capped mountains. It is amazing, and the volcanic situation there is mind blowing. It is incredibly a young island in terms of the age of our planet, set of islands rather and that stuff is nuts. And you start to find out like, oh, Hawaii is getting way bigger. It's it's on its way. It's gonna be even bigger and bigger and bigger. Stick around a couple tens of thousands of years. Man, there's gonna be a brand new island that will have to name. But that's very exciting.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it is a long flight. Would rather take your boat?
Speaker 2: I would imagine if we did that. It's it's tough, yeah, most Oh maybe the San Diego one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Who's to say?
Speaker 7: Both coast boats.
Speaker 3: You won't let me drive your car, but can I drive your boat? Yeah? The water, No one's ever gotten in a boat crash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not in the vastness of the Pacific, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I would also like uh, and then on the east coast like, uh, I don't again, I don't know if it's parks keep CODs amazing all that up there, Like that's yes, exactly, only the potatoes, Okay, Yeah, I don't know if these are parks.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no, I also a Greek go out and appreciate nature while we still have it. Hawaii's definitely one of those places. Also in Hawaii spend ethically and responsibly go to a hotel because the locals will work at a hotel and all the Airbnb's verbos, whatever the fuck else have you have been bought by out of towners.
Speaker 2: So so I when I went to the Big Island for my honeymoon, we did Maui and the Big On. Uh, this was like right as Airbnb and all that stuff was like starting to pop off. And the place we rented was definitely not some like private equity coming in and you know that did not come into Vilgue just yet. And it was like it was real rustic, Like this was like someone's like palm tree house that was off there, uh, you know, a larger home and it was like frog infested and it was really it was. It was beautiful because it was Hawaii and there's nothing bad about that. But yeah, that was at the beginning of all that. That was that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the long flight for you jeez, oh yeah, jeez, do you have a layover somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's actually not so bad. I think we did Arizona. I think we just Phoenix as the layover and then coming home. I think we did it in one shot. Okay, it's not the worst.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Hawaii you can send it Breda instead of sending.
Speaker 5: I've been meaning to go there.
Speaker 3: I really like I typically do Aruba if we want to do like an island vacation just because of the flights and everything.
Speaker 5: Come on, pretty much heard great things about Hawaii.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not even in the same category.
Speaker 1: You got a multiple different islands to dan. You know you can. You can pick your poison in terms of like do you want something more thirsty and not as real but like citylike, or do you want something more like nature focused and heavy. Also, you could see big turtles on the beach. It's just fucking amazing.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes. Also, oh god, this thing about Loco Moco now just want to go ballistic, but I'll resist. Next email comes from Mike from Loveland. Greetings, C Suite members of the Giant Bomb Zaibatsu. Would you rather have a private chef or personal driver? Last time I did one of these Minati needed more info, so if requested here it is one. Both are free, but you still need to pay for gas and food. Both work five days a week, and because they don't have a union, the shifts are long enough to accommodate your lifestyle. Both have incredible British accents. Both are world class professionals. The driver has whatever car you want them to drive. The chef has every cooking gadget and can get any ingredient.
Speaker 2: This is such a fucking easy question.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, once a year, the chef is going to poison a meal they make only for you. You will get twenty four hours of explosive diarrhea once here. The driver will purposely make you miss a flight or appointment. Why one more thing, one more caveat. The driver has a good sense of humor and will choose a moment to completely mess your day up with up that you will someday be able to laugh about. The chef has no sense of humor and always poisons you on a completely brandom Why are.
Speaker 7: We trying to stack the deck against the chef because I'm like that is the answer.
Speaker 2: Chef is still the answer answer. I would just say the driver driver, Yeah, Mike, Mike from Loveland, I'm sorry, but like your fucking the hypotheticals here are so dumb, Like, why is this part of the fucking exercise?
Speaker 7: You get poisoned? What are we doing else?
Speaker 5: Hours of diarrhea? That's not that bad a poison.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's not great, but it's not bad. Look, driving is like at the end of the day, it's just you fucking dry. Like I can't cook the way I want to fucking cook, right.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I eat several times a day. I need to go somewhere like every once in a while. Like I'm definitely doing the thing I do every day.
Speaker 1: But would you be incentivized to go more places with a driver?
Speaker 3: I mean, I go places as much as I want to, it's just not nearly as often as I eat, right, Yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: Eating is so much more crucial and enjoyable, and you're talking to someone who really loves driving. Yes, Mike has got the poker chips? What's up?
Speaker 7: I'm really I'm my team I'm on team chef. I'm sorry these are my like a little fidget poker chips.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 7: I would you know I would like to hear from team driver, Like why two things first?
Speaker 6: There's two things here. One you need to pay for a gas slash food dog. First of all, if I'm not going that many places, I'm glad pay for like a tank of gas here and there. I'm not you know, if the chef is making all of my food or most of my food, because I want to utilize the chef, I ain't paying for all that. Are you kidding me? I'm forking out like a thousand dollars additional in groceries. Sorry, month, screw that. But also seven and eight getting twenty four hours of explosive diarrhea versus I miss a flight that can rebook for a few hours later, Like absolutely I'm missing.
Speaker 2: What if you miss saying goodbye to your great grandmother?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also talk like I get twenty four hours of diarrhea like thirty to fifty times a year probably, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like I might wait twenty four hours then Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the user error at that time.
Speaker 7: That's like a month.
Speaker 2: You were saying you have a month or more of diarrhea every year.
Speaker 7: It's not that far off. What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Okay, hang on, hang on, guys. You remember that Dan started eating vegetables two years ago and that taught him what a good poop is. Right now, I've I've dabbled with vegetables throughout my life.
Speaker 5: I've never liked.
Speaker 6: But if I'm gonna go back to the BombCast where he was very proud of this.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't evenine, I mean, unless you're getting that that parasite, I can't even imagine what a fucking day's worth of.
Speaker 3: It's just like, let's say I'm traveling or people are in town or something like let's say live there's a night where like I drink a good amount. The next day, I'm gonna ship my brain's out six times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Like my dad always hated this because of how much I just destroyed his bathroom.
Speaker 5: And uh yeah, so i'd go back in town.
Speaker 3: My dad and I usually go out and drink a lot when I'm in town, and then he knows, like the next day, it's like, oh great, he's gonna be shipping his brains out every thirty minutes all tomorrow and stink up his bath.
Speaker 7: You know, we're definitely getting damn the chef.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can drive all right, I can't cook anything, so I'm definitely doing the chef.
Speaker 7: Sure, well, there are.
Speaker 2: Two evils I think over there.
Speaker 1: Great, I've said this multiple times where I wish there was someone to drive me home in my car versus like calling an uber because sometimes I don't want to be in an uber Okay, And if I could develop a rapport with my driver where he knows, like, oh, he's not feeling it today, you.
Speaker 6: Know, driving me, driving Jenny.
Speaker 2: I think, like, mister Z, you want to you want to if you lived in like Manhattan or LA like you you want a driver, right because drive? I mean it's not the best driving around in those cities. I just can't even like to be able to like enjoy top quality chef cooking three meals a day. Are you kidding me? Yeah, you are gonna have to come over the top.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for like one thousand dollars a week.
Speaker 2: No, that's the point chefs can turn, uh you know, a relatively affordable grocery shopping into masterpiece.
Speaker 6: But also.
Speaker 2: I use that's time. I don't want to do that. Ship.
Speaker 1: I can use my personal driver to like, yo, go pick up my parents, all right? You do this?
Speaker 7: Is that allowed need more?
Speaker 1: You can't drive?
Speaker 7: Man, like I'll have them drive her around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like a man, you know, like, hey, you don't got to pick up dib anymore, right, like.
Speaker 7: Or you can send him a corner.
Speaker 2: He's around the freaking corner.
Speaker 1: But it's fine.
Speaker 7: I don't mind it talking about you know, way more than you drive.
Speaker 1: I would get more, indeed created, if I had a personal driver, which is.
Speaker 2: A net negative number one number two, Jen, I'm surprised you, of all people, I realize you are a better chef than the five of us combined. Like okay, all right, so even such, I'm surprised that you would want to have that kind of luxury.
Speaker 1: No, because I then it'd be that thing where like, you know, you have a friend that like uh kind of like uh imposes their knowledge or their will of like oh I know better than you. So then I'd be like very self conscious in the kitchen of like like oh suddenly my knife skills are aren't up to par because this professional British chef in my house is saying like, oh it's not how you Julia and Carrott's jan.
Speaker 7: Ah cooking away from jan you know, criticism.
Speaker 1: Versus driving where it's like hey, maybe you know why my AC doesn't work?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, backlar obvious answer.
Speaker 6: Here. There's a clean divide between the youngs and the olds. I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I think I think Grub would also pick chef, even though Greb he would. Yeah, Grub loves driving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like driving the same amount, I want.
Speaker 5: To say, And I got fine.
Speaker 7: I got five months till I'm forty. Can you pretend on part of the youngs for just a little bit longer?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 6: I considered Chuck one of the old I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If you're older than me.
Speaker 2: Can you're ready your mind? Buddy? Were trying to abandon us for.
Speaker 7: I'm being forced into your camp suit.
Speaker 1: Dude. Do you remember at s G how we divided the airbnbs?
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, that's true. I was there. Yeah, I was embrace it's good over here.
Speaker 2: Not only that, like you were on the first floor. That's the most accessible it was.
Speaker 7: It was really nice. I was right by the bathroom upstairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Disney day. Then your spry as a snapper? Did you see?
Speaker 7: I went up there one time and I was like, who, that was a trip?
Speaker 2: It's safe.
Speaker 1: I get it all right. Uh, this is our new for forget versus bad everyone, This is car versus cook personal car personal driver. All right, let's see, let's speed through a couple of these emails, Travis and Fargo writes, and he writes in five questions, I choose one of them. Travis writes in what would be more devastating? The more devastating word to remove from pop music for all time? Baby or tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Baby is?
Speaker 3: I think baby yeah would be gone justin Biemer's.
Speaker 1: Whole career would be stalled.
Speaker 2: Baby baby catastrophic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Bratty Spears went and it popped off.
Speaker 5: With oh yeah, tonight, what do you lose? You lose tonight? Tonight from the Smashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Pitbull song where they go to.
Speaker 7: Ben, that's up.
Speaker 5: It was black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 7: That's a black guy baby right right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: That's how you learned about Mazeltopay, Okay, Baby, it would be more destructive, but maybe it takes away more of the songs that I don't like, So I'm okay with it.
Speaker 1: Okay in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think if you took out Tonight, you would wipe out more strays than you anticipated. And I feel like baby is a safer bet. So if we have to remove one I guess we'd yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean one of my tonight like one of my favorite I guess this is considered a vocal stem. I just love hearing oh Baby, like yes, yes, and then I just need the baby part of that.
Speaker 7: Yes Baby. We'll take out more Christmas songs because of Baby Jesus.
Speaker 1: Right, but the baby.
Speaker 5: Jesus one for the lame ones who.
Speaker 7: Wants to preserve that shiit a madress nice sometimes?
Speaker 1: All right? I only like silent Night.
Speaker 7: Little Let's say, Babe Jesus. Are they little baby jeez? I don't know they say baby.
Speaker 1: Baby? We're fine? All right? Uh. We have a recommendation here, A whole list of recommendations from a Mike, not our own Mike or Mike from Loveland. We'll speak through this here. Hello GB. A while back someone wrote in with fun SKA album album recommendations. I thought I would complete the fans warped tour experience and assign some pop punk to the crew. Jam cool. This is my favorite pop punk album of the last ten years, Warriors Survival Pop. Sorry to pin the nervous energy album on you, but it's really good, trust me. Bro. Jeff Backlar from One Jersey Boy to another. I'm recommending the latest ash Ashbury's Own Park, Ashbury Park's Own Teenage Halloween til you return Asbury Parks.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yes, so I'm familiar with Teenage Halloween. Very good, excellent, beautiful, beautiful. Jeff Grubbs sending your way the aesthetically sweet but lyrically bitter debut LP from Bony TV. Baby, it's pretty Daria coded, so I feel like someone your age saying would appreciate it. Mike Manadi, you're getting the mister T experience. Revenge is sweet, and so are you. This album get.
Speaker 1: Me through high school by basically turning everything that stressed me out into a big joke. I hope you enjoy the silly and clever lyrics. Will Cross Me. Will has Will has said he didn't know a lot of music while growing up, so I'm sending him one of the most essential albums.
Speaker 2: Ever, Jawbreaker. Dear You, legendary. Will just listen to this record right now.
Speaker 1: Dan Reikert appealing to your affinity for classic boomerack. Here's the Ramones, Rockets Russia. There we go, Chuck Zimmerheld, please enjoy this Beach Boys influence album about the existential horrors of adulthood, bomb the music industry, vacation Sean McDowell sending You Go Go seventy one eighty eight Go Go Go Go, probably the most versatile album here, drifting into garage surf Anka. I've never heard of Anca and all delivered with fun pop punk energy bonuses.
Speaker 6: Today that that album title sounds like follow Out Boy or Panic at the Disco, So maybe I'll go check that out.
Speaker 1: Bonus If you have a guest today, they can have antarctic go Vespucci love in the time of email, which I can only describe as extremely neurotic romanticism. Some people may say, hey, that isn't pop punk, that that's power power pop or college rock. To that, I say, just an email, you should really just relax XO Mike Wow, Thank you Mike for the recommendations. I'm gonna go add this, uh Survival Pop, the Warriors Back. Are you approved of most of these?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I gotta admit I probably haven't heard of at least half of them, but I'll definitely bomb the music industry.
Speaker 7: Going to listen to mine, I'm going to listen to Revenge your Sweets? So are you by the murder t experienced.
Speaker 1: There you go. Yeah, it's a very good name for a band. Oh, Backler, I think you'd really like hold on, let me double check that I got their name right. Uh, the Paradox. I think you'd really like The Paradox pop punk.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll check them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right. Last email of the show comes from Bevin aka Humblebees. Hey, GB and friends. Just wanted to say that last Friday, I was out pregaming with some friends at a bar for a drum and bass show, and in the midst of drinking and smoking the good stuff if you know you know, I saw Naughty walk walking by wearing a Gnome cap. Couldn't stop myself from walking up and asking if it was him, And it was and he was with Mary Kish and Chuck too. Thank you for being kind and gracious to my fate. I hope I didn't bother y'all too much or do anything too weird and in hide in sight, I definitely fan boyd a bit. I hope you had a lovely rest of your weekend, which I will watch some of online later this week. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your bigger meetup on Saturday, but I'll say it was my first time bumping into an Internet person I follow, and I don't know why. I've never really considered meeting Internet people or interacting with them, but even the few minutes was great vibes and I'll do my best to make the next PMW meetup work. Also, it was fun to say I know these guys from the Internet to my friends. Also, if GB people don't know the genre of drum and bass in the New James Bond Game, when Bond infiltrates that club, that's drum and bass, the two DJs are actually modeled off of two actual famous drum and based DJs named Chase and Status, who made music specifically for that scene. Cool though our show was a little dancer style of D and B from a DJ called Dimension. Also a UK guyga though Bevin ps for real, if you want to go to a PDX E d M show, I got you. I guess we gotta go, Guys, I guess we gotta go.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do we ever get a missed connection?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You? Follow up from from the person I thought I saw at the Stave stand up show.
Speaker 5: Mike got a bunch of missed connections in Portland.
Speaker 1: That's very good, Dan, very very good.
Speaker 11: Nice but seriously no uh no stovey miss connections but someone saying, hey, please check my voicemail when I called from prison.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know how those are connected, but.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, that's exciting. So ah, Hey, I loved when. I loved when this fella came up to me because I was already really happy because I had ingratiated myself with the gnomes and became one of them. And like, right after that versus like are you Mike MINAUGHTI and we know I love being recognized. Yeah, it was a great two minute period for me.
Speaker 1: I was very happy. Has this happened with your family, Mike?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah, yeah. The best was on my Disney cruise when I was at the Disney trivia thing with my dad where a guy came up. It was like I really liked it. It was from my dad because like, my dad doesn't really understand what I do, right, It's kind it's confusing and weird to get it, but like, yeah, that seemed very impressive my dad that this person knew who I was and seemed excited to see me. Now he took it too far and then like as soon as we were in the monorail like an actual Disney World. It's some guy the monro just said, I like video games. My Dad's like, you know my son?
Speaker 1: Then I know I was.
Speaker 7: I was like, no, no, no, no, not not not that much, Dad, not that much.
Speaker 2: When you say your dad doesn't understand what what? What? What you do? Does your dad still tell his friends that your son writes for Cnet.
Speaker 7: It's not like that. It's like, I don't know if he remembers the name Giant Bomb.
Speaker 1: Wow, it could be hard.
Speaker 7: It could be hard.
Speaker 2: Sometimes my dad will just say, like the bomb thing, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Uh. I just get my mom a shirt and I make her wear a Giant Bomb shirt and it's just funny to make.
Speaker 6: By the way, I got a confirmation from Jeff brub He did say I hate cooking and love driving.
Speaker 1: So Chef, there we go, Will Chuck, I need you all chime in. I need to see where the rest of us land on. This is it a d.
Speaker 3: Split from Team old Gallon?
Speaker 2: A guess from my boat car on that use gas on a boat?
Speaker 7: We do? Is what I'm told? Coal?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Coal? Coal?
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred years ago? That Will will Team driver, because will Will like married to like a chef person.
Speaker 1: I don't want to assume what Karen does.
Speaker 2: Okay, apparently I'm pretty sure she's an immaculate chef.
Speaker 1: So so come on, come on, Is that why he was stressed out about going to the grocery store?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, Is that that is all household is all chef?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: That household was prey backler, Manati and grub right, and we're all, yeah.
Speaker 1: We're all chef. We need to hear all jef.
Speaker 2: Now you know, all that means is that the young people haven't ever had a good meal. That's like the only thing I understand.
Speaker 7: So then you're.
Speaker 2: Like, this is disposable. I don't need to have this all the time every day.
Speaker 12: You guys are actually if we threw a private massuse into the mixh Okay, it's a physical therapist, because physical I got all sorts of issues, and I don't like driving to the physical therapy place several times a week.
Speaker 7: So if there's a house I'm going that.
Speaker 2: I think I believe half of what. And I also think like young people are like scared of driving for some reason.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared of drive.
Speaker 2: I know you're not, and you're also not young Jen's team.
Speaker 1: Young, I'm still on the other side of thirty five. All right, you're on.
Speaker 2: The right side of thirty five, that's for sure. But also I don't know, man, I want to say, in a couple of years, you might change your tune.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think I'd want to be more relaxed. Also, I think i'd be too concerned with what the like my personal chef is doing in the meantime, right, Like, what are they doing in between chefs versus a driver who I'm assuming is constantly reading a newspaper.
Speaker 6: Sure, right, of course, to be clear, the chef sounds fantastic, just like the stipulations on there, I'm not down with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean again, we can all agree like six, seven and eighty nine on the list are stupid and we should just throw those away because it's really just about chef versus driver.
Speaker 6: I would probably swinging towards the chef side of things then, Yeah, Honestly, I didn't get diarrhea for a whole day once a year.
Speaker 7: At least.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, I mean you're like best friends with it.
Speaker 7: Apparently the guy who wastes an entire roll of toilet paper every time you have to wipe your ass because you're so afraid of touching your own Why do you think I have three bid days?
Speaker 3: God, I think that makes it worse that you ll toilet paper because I'm smart.
Speaker 7: I got how you're mad at you. You did because you waste toilet paper. I I don't waste toilet paper. What the are you talking about? Are you traveling?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I bet you do?
Speaker 7: Yes, toilet paper. He took one ship.
Speaker 2: Roll, you one roll per ship.
Speaker 5: Guy that's got through a whole roll with one ship clothes but close.
Speaker 2: We just got a new Toto all in one that is like the most It's actually confusing how fancy this bid day is. But it's like, I can't wait for you to try it. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 7: I do miss the That's like the worst thing about traveling is I do miss the mid day because.
Speaker 2: Your butt, your butt lingers for it, right, It's like, yeah, lingers, yeah, long.
Speaker 5: Long sorry because after your day you just sat there for a while before you wipe.
Speaker 2: You're right, your longs for your bidet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It reaches out into into the airport it's we.
Speaker 5: Want nomba day toilet here and I just don't want to look at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a PP one then I guess all right, that's free emails BombCast. The Giant bomb dot com is the email addressing your emails too. You can write in about any and everything. I guess so yeah, well, well we'll read those next week on the BombCast. Mister Minati. Do we have any YouTube super chats?
Speaker 7: Guess we do. First up from Amy Winehouse of Leaves. It says, after one and a half years at work, I finally got my own root and of course it's route sixty nine noise now I think with my name on it has the sixty nine at the end. Now hashtag nice there you go. Very happy for you, Amy Winehouse of Leaves.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 7: Uh, makes he says Jeff Backler. We would like more Giant back rooms please?
Speaker 2: Uh does that mean like the stream we did with Loose?
Speaker 1: Is that? I think? So? I think?
Speaker 2: Okay, you got it. Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Baby Stu as dude is my lovely pregnant wife is turning for you this month?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 7: Could you all wish Mags in Scotland a very happy birthday? Cheers happy birthday, Mags. And yeah, thank you for turning forty slightly before me. It makes me feel better.
Speaker 1: It's all about you.
Speaker 7: Makes it makes? He says, Hey, Jeff Backler got Peters b in W cube If any of that means, oh.
Speaker 5: The cube, the oh your your magic crystal?
Speaker 7: Why is it Peters?
Speaker 2: What? Wait? What kind of.
Speaker 1: HATEA Peter b?
Speaker 7: A W black and white B?
Speaker 2: And I don't know what that means.
Speaker 7: It just looks black to me.
Speaker 2: It's just black.
Speaker 7: Bobby Porne says, you think Derff lost his butt keys on that boat?
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe it's in the ignition. Boats have an ignition.
Speaker 2: They do have, so I'm told I no comment.
Speaker 7: Uh makes, he says, jan the dude abides, it's not looking like the dude's looking like a character from the office.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, oh oh wow damn.
Speaker 1: Well I know, but like I bought a box or I bought thirty ties off eBay for ten bucks, I have to wear all of them. Now, wait, how do situation?
Speaker 2: Did you find yourself? And we were like, this is what I'm buying right now. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about ties and then I thought eBay has a bunch of fun stuff. In bulk. So I bought a bunch of ties.
Speaker 2: It's just like the time you bought like one hundred bucks worth of like camera parts or something.
Speaker 1: No, I almost did that, and then I I almost bought ten pounds of watches.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, okay, Hey, a deal is a deal. I get it.
Speaker 1: I want to show I want to show you all my favorite tie. That hold on, Mike, go get it.
Speaker 6: Got it, buddy, just poking and scratching his face with a barfly knife. What did I just witness is that the.
Speaker 5: Giant knife on the give can't hurt you?
Speaker 7: No, I used the give almost daily.
Speaker 1: Look at this ship. Look at the wolves on it. That's a pretty cool.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very outdoorsy.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's cool.
Speaker 7: Nigsie also says no Amazon exclusive ghost in the show or y'all yeah you like the new ghost in the show. I don't know people like that at Amazon only.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize it was Amazon though.
Speaker 7: She had an Amazon joint. That's interesting. I thought the anime uh close from the sketch one says, you guys play Stupattalion one and two with the intense forty button two joy sick three bettle controller leave up the great work, really great big walk video. Thank you, Simon. Uh. I played a little bit of it back in the day. Dude, you like we're ready, you like kind of set up then. I don't know if you made it.
Speaker 1: We could do.
Speaker 7: I think we tried it.
Speaker 6: I think we did it during we did Extra Life a couple of years.
Speaker 5: Ago, and we just kept all over and getting blown up.
Speaker 6: Because I think one thing on it doesn't work.
Speaker 7: Maybe No, we just we sucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was like a major component of it, like aiming or something that we didn't understand, and so we just kept dying.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 7: Uh, let's sear now. Then, h makesby says Jeff Backlark and Mike Manaughty four go his super chat as a business expense. What no, No, I got to be responsible with these things.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 7: Yes, uh makes he says Turbo DaShan any thoughts in the new HB Choice. I assume that's Humble Bundle choice, and.
Speaker 6: That is there's something good and let see.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is their bunthly subscription thing, right, Yeah, like a dragon, infinite wealth, dead cells, turtle shudders, revenge seems good, good buzz all right, things all right, uh bigs. Excuse me here. This one's from Jim around Sound. Shout out to dark Horse Workers United for their first rally yesterday and showing up for their colleagues. I assume that's dark Horse Comics.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonizing.
Speaker 7: There you go, can shot. Keep it up, everybody, Zacy Sacy Sacy says random question, GBA or sn e s link to the past pppp oh absolutely sny s original.
Speaker 3: The GBA one does some interesting ones where you can like cut down bushes with the boomerang and stuff. Huge recommendation. There is a fan made version for the Thor that came out recently, and you can pick there's all sorts of these little tweets. You can choose, like to turn on or off all the GBA stuff. But it's got a persistent map overworld and dungeon depending on where you're at on the bottom screen, and then they wide screened linked to the past up top. If you look up Ay and Thor, it's like linked to the past. I think they call it like Zelda three or something like that. Really really cool, and you can add different things so it's like, oh, instead of just the one item thing for the boom rang you have the boomerang and the bow and arrow equip things like that.
Speaker 6: It's oh yeah, because I think the links of the past got decompilation. So that was explain how they did that. Okay, it's very fucking cool.
Speaker 7: He makes he makes says jet backar back to the cube that that was referring to the Peter mallis the cube game?
Speaker 2: Peter, God, Yeah, Peter, you're doing Peter Griffin. People are doing Peter.
Speaker 1: I'm doing the lowest Griffin.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 7: Look, you just can't say Peter and then like expect us to get the Peter Malinu from that. All right, man, man, wait, okay, Peter, you think about the most probably Griffin.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid to Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: You don't think pen first.
Speaker 7: I know. I'm sorry. If you say Peter, I'm gonna immediately hear love Peter. Right, it's stuck, okay, and then last year, be proud of it. Zombie Porn says also congrets on Sean for another written review in The Sight the Right five reviews of September. Young people don't need sleep. Yeah, we actually had a little meeting to kind of like try to like, all right, who's gonna probably do what game here is like, yeah, I think set up.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of games coming out the next couple of months, and we like doing reviews, so you'll probably see another one from me because we are spraying things around.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Helma is coming.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how much is happening? Makes he stuck in here? Said great teacher A choa, there you go. Yeah, science teacher in high school. It's a very around anime. No, he does look like the main character of great Teacher or something that's a very.
Speaker 2: Specific you want what would you want your students to call you mister or mister Oh, like, how's this going to work?
Speaker 1: Mister ochoa? Because I yeah, say my whole fucking name of course.
Speaker 7: Did you guys, did you guys have a teacher in your high school It was like cool with a nickname and we just called him that. Yeah, yeah, we had one Rico. We all just called him Rico instead of or whatever.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: I think it's because he was a really white guy who taught Spanish one year poorly and then never again. We called him Rico.
Speaker 1: All right? Is that it for super chats?
Speaker 7: Mikey, Thank you so much everybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, before I get to what what else? Is happening in the rest of the week. I need to get this insane thought out of my head. I watched The Odyssey as well, fantastic movie, enjoyed it a lot. Afterwards, I was just thinking that was like a long Family Guy episode with all the cutaways.
Speaker 7: Rice.
Speaker 1: All right, wait, folks, we got a packed in, stacked week ahead of us. Another episode of Sewer Shirk is dropping later today. Folks, if you have missed Nine Lives or not caught up in Nine Lives, I highly suggest you go check out this last episode that will lovingly crafted together insane edits that man go crazy behind the ones and twes as well A gay miss Morning's popping off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Greb's not here to confirm, but he's also not here to confirm, and it's gonna happen anyway. Grubber Dillo coming back tomorrow. Oh guys, Jesus Christ, what is this game? It happening?
Speaker 7: What it's God? He's he's in a hole? Is he still in the dog asshole zone? Is that what he's up to you right now? Oh?
Speaker 3: He might be mid dog asshole. He's done with Pea Land. Yeah, he might be deep in the dog asshole right now.
Speaker 7: You're not inside the talks, but well maybe.
Speaker 5: Sometimes collecting the buttholes right.
Speaker 7: Pictures, but it's just the whole theme of the world is dog anus.
Speaker 1: Oh okay voicemailed dub trock pop it off on Thursday and then on Friday. I have the time trying time wrong here on the schedule, but almost after game ass mornings, perhaps right after or an hour after, we are going on the big Big Walk where we're going to have a longer stream playing through Big Walk. Might have another person join us, perhaps part way through we will see might have some poppins, might have some poppins, might have some walkings, might have some hot bonds. Uh Beast of Reincarnation review out on the Way website. Now, Sean wrote that up. There's also a quick look for your viewing pleasure. There is a Pathogenic quick Look also on the website and the YouTube premium people. We mentioned it at the tippy top, But if you like the Big Walk quick Look and you just want to view someone's own solo dolo adventures, that is also available for you over there. Gang, Did I miss anything else? Thanks?
Speaker 2: You got to Jen.
Speaker 1: Actually, last upf we did play Machine Party. Very very good party game. Very good party game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dan, you missed it. It's more of a fusion frenzy style. They don't even have the board. It's just a game.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I'll accept it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Maybe at an extra life should I would like it.
Speaker 5: I would like to try it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I've been off st up a little bit lately. It's because I'm just working on editing this travelog. But helpfully, maybe you know, in the near future, next week.
Speaker 5: Or two, we'll be ready to post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lovely. Also catch me if you Dan too. Don't worry folks, as I'm getting back up to one hundred percent. Taking a lookilu at all that footy, and it feels like a fever dream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, I was uh, not to spoil anything. I don't want to spoil anything, but I was looking at the footage that when I handed you the camera on this little little.
Speaker 5: Guy while I was taking a little trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, well you're taking a little trip. I was like, yeah, right, yeah that happened. Huh yeah, yeah, always that's the audio. Can you hear what we're talking.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 5: It was good, very good, all right, deep conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Also, one of my favorite things that we have put out on the website recently is Chuck and Sean diving into the Sega Saturn and showing you folks how to get into the guts of that very quick.
Speaker 6: Go check that one out. I think we want to do more stuff like that. You know, Grubbs mentioned me and him home and maybe Chuck or someone else building DIY steam machine steam oasses out there for anyone to use an AMD parts. So yeah, Chuck had that idea. I think it was a really good idea of people always tell you, you know, use your old legally acquired backups when you're emulating, but nobody ever actually like tells you how to do that because, you know, in part because maybe they assume you'll do something else, but maybe they want someone else to be the people who give you that guide. And we did do that guide for the Saturn. Chuck set that all up and that was a fun time. So definitely go back and check that one out.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, one hundred percent, thank you folks for joining us for the Giant BombCast. That about does it for the show. He's been Seawn, he's been Mike, he's been Jeff, he's been Dan, I've been Jan. Shouts out to Jeff Grubbs. Shots at the Chrotty simmer House, shots at the Will.
Speaker 7: Crosby, shots at you at home.
Speaker 1: I'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast. Until then, good boy also great to be back.
Speaker 7: Thank you, love you. Shouts out the little kiddies too,