Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kays.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in too, Molrongo Casino and Dodgers on deck. Hope you're well on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Your Dodgers eleven and five to start this season. After a shutout win over the Cubs on Friday night, the Dodgers suffer their worst shutout loss in franchise history yesterday. Now they gotta put that behind them and bounce back in the rubber game of this three game series against Chicago. It's Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine, Tyler Glass.
Speaker 3: Now on the mount.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at four to ten, coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We got a lot to get to and not a lot of time. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna preview this pitching matchup. David Vatsay is gonna go one on one with Yoshinobu Yamamoto. That is coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment of the game, your price picks double play of the day in just a few minutes, we'll say it out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth, and here from Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night Sazaki battled through five innings, but then the wheels fell off and a lopsided loss. Rookie Sazaki got the start. The young Japanese right hander would go the furthest he's gone all season. Five innings, he allowed one run on four hits while striking out three along the way. He got some help on defense. In the third, bases loaded two outs. Former Dodger Michael Bush sat went deep the center.
Speaker 4: Trying to keep the depth sit at one. The two in one pitch, Bush swinging a high drive center field. Pie has on the run, he's at the wall, he leaves he made the catch.
Speaker 2: Handy Paez, Did you took one.
Speaker 4: Away from Michael Bush had helped Sasaki leave him loaded in the third.
Speaker 5: Put a star on that one.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Put three stars on it for Paez, who had trouble going back on the ball, and Philadelphia eight tracted perfectly made the lead hit defense and held on to it.
Speaker 2: What a play, Andy bas What a great leaping catch in center field. Robbie Bush of a Grand Slam. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less, that was the only highlight of the night for the Dodgers. Though the offense had six hits, that was it, only a few opportunities with runners in scoring position. Meanwhile, the Cubs offense went to work with a two to nothing lead in the seventh, The Cubs scored five runs in the inning, four more in the eighth, five more in the ninth.
Speaker 3: The Cubs got.
Speaker 2: Fourteen runs on fifteen hits in the final three innings. Gasparius Garcia got roughed up. Then the game was out of reach, so Miguel Rojas actually pitched the last two innings. Hads a fun out there, mimicking Clayton Kershaw's delivery other Dodger pitchers, but nothing funny about the Dodgers losing sixteen to nothing. It is the worst shutout home loss in Dodger franchise history. Michael Bush had four hits, including a home run, in two doubles. The Cubs the top offensive baseball so far through three weeks, scoring one hundred and twelve runs. The Dodgers they need to put that game last night behind him quickly and get ready for today a chance to take two or three from the Cubbies to win the series. It's Sunday Night Baseball from Dodgers Stadium. Beautiful weather here in Los Angeles, as Tyler Glass now is on the mountain with more, head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth and welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Thank you Tim.
Speaker 4: It is a Sunday afternoon, getting ready for Sunday Night baseball and the rubber match of this three game series for the Dodgers against the Chicago Cubs. And mope, we don't need to spend a ton of time dissecting what happened last night with the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: I thank goodness.
Speaker 3: Obviously it was brutal.
Speaker 4: It was the worst home shutout loss in franchise history. I and we've heard both sides like, look, we tried to sort of lighten the mood, laugh through the pain last night, but there was a lot of frustration. He sens it on the postgame show with our good buddy David Basse and some fans who are driving home as well. I'm curious from the player's mindset in the clubhouse when you cause that. Ultimately, whether whatever side of the spectrum you're on, whether you didn't care and you laughed off last night or you did care and you hated last night, the only thing that does matter is how the players got through that game last night.
Speaker 6: Yes, there may have been some smiles last night, but it was not on an entertainment type of a smile. Those actually hurt. They don't hurt as bad as far as gut wrenching, say losing a game in the tenth inning by one run on a weird play, But those are embarrassing. These are professionals. They don't like to happen. And you know what got lost in the transition was the outing by Roki Suzaki, who went five innings, allowed just one run on four hints, and threw eighty one pitches on that end of it. So he had a much better outing that really got lost in an overall in the translation in looking at that game last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's spun on mo because what we've seen Ki the last couple outings, especially the most hostile place you can go to on the road, which is Philadelphia, he took a big step forward and last night against the best offense in baseball.
Speaker 3: He took another step forward.
Speaker 4: Yes, Andy paj has made a great play, but that's what your defense is there for. And you know, pitchers pick up teams. Sometimes pitchers need picking up two and that's what Andy did last night. But whatever the case, it was a big step forward.
Speaker 6: For that and I'm glad he brought up the catch by Paz and I would I don't know what the fact too. He made another good catch to sliding catch the second batter in the ball game, Yes, sliding in center field, and that was the takeaway a base hit bid by Kyle Tucker. So that's a big turnaround because Pa Haz had difficulty in Philadelphia in judging a couple of balls, so that's a strong point for him. I think in games like that last night, which is in total disarray if you start to analyze it after the fifth inning, but if you look at those games, you'd try and draw those positive ends of it. And that's one of the things that Dave Roberts was talking about, because he addressed both Pajes and Suzaki in the postgame show.
Speaker 5: YEP.
Speaker 4: The last thing, Tim is to get it back to I think you know, seeing Rojas. That was it went on and ending longer than anybody wants to. When you have a position player on the mountain, things have obviously gone terribly wrong. But if something like that, the skit like that can help the boys' top step or in the clubhouse kind of laugh off one of one hundred and sixty two can help bomb them in some way through again the massive disappointment of being blown out like that, then maybe maybe that could be a positive. Ultimately, they got one of their races on the mount today. Tyler glassnow against Colin Ray. Will dive into that pitching matchup a little bit later.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, So count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor, forty your Shaky's Pizza Chickens and Mojo's right now Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with daman Vas eight throughout the show. We'll dive deeper to this pitching mat up. Your prize pigs double play of the day, but up next to your Otani. You rewind and we'll hear Fromandy Piehead has been one of the best catches of the night. Dodgers open get beat, sixteen and nothing last night at Dodgers Stadium. Back at it today, Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Cubs. First pitch and fourteenth. Thanks you'd be with us. I'm Tim Kase's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs on this Sunday afternoon, final game of this three game set the homestand continues tomorrow. Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch, coming up at four ten.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani.
Speaker 4: Rewhy to two pitch, Otani to the right center field gap.
Speaker 3: That ball will get down.
Speaker 4: Wasn't hit very hard, but it's a leadoff single for show, Hey Oltani, and he tries to begin a new on base street taking off the O. Two pitches high to throw from second is gonna skip away from days by Swanson. A stolen base for show, Hey old Tani. That would be his fourth of the season, getting into scoring position with Freeman still at the plate. One volunteer strikes show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani won for three last night, now hitting two ninety five on this season. He now has four stolen bases on the year. With that stolen base last night against the Cubbies, Dodgers that will lose sixteen to nothing. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly age and standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K donate your car today. The Dodgers got pounded sixteen to nothing. Not a lot went right offensively. You heard it earlier, Andy pae Has with a great defensive play in center Fiel.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from Pies.
Speaker 7: Just any would to be able to rop that home run for you if you feil you're catching your stride defensively. Obviously you've seen the results offensively, but just do you feel like now it's all coming together like that?
Speaker 8: And had the Incent Princes like Rio and the Incent.
Speaker 9: Moment and don't say moment.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was talking to tell that picture earlier, and I said, any volty to me anywhere in the vicinity I had to make a play and luckily I was able to make the play.
Speaker 5: What walk us through that?
Speaker 6: When did you think you were going to get Did you realize I'm close's.
Speaker 8: Gonna come speak to the catast and can implement.
Speaker 3: Is a day?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I was able to get a great jump and you know when I got close to the walls, able to fill where I was at and be able to jump and make the play.
Speaker 2: Great catch from Andy Podcast, The Last Night Still to come Here on Dodgers on Dank. We'll dive deeper into today's pitching match up with Time of Glass down on the Mountain. David VT Sego's on one on one with Yoshi Yamamoto. That's coming up in about thirty minutes. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Cubs.
Speaker 2: Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine. First pitch at four ten. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on DEK continues on this beautiful Sunday afternoon here in Los Angeles, as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Cubs final game of this three game set Marongo Casino Resort in Spy Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell on the injured list with he left shoulder inflammation, Tony Gonsoon on the il the back soreness, Michael Kopek, Evan Phillips, Clayton Kershaw all on the injured list, Bruce Dear Garrattal also on the sixty day A tad back out to Dodgers datum and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers gibber anything.
Speaker 5: Answer questions for Dave, Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 5: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Dave, did you have any conversations with Tyler since his last start and obviously he's looking to bounce back from what happened in Philadelphia?
Speaker 12: I did, I did, I didn't sort of delve too much into the outing itself. Just wanted to make sure that he feels confident going into his next one, which he does. I just really appreciated his comments after the outing where he didn't make any excuses and owned it. And he's a guy that we're gonna count on and we need him today. It's a beautiful day out, we have a chance to win a series. I expect him a pitch well tonight.
Speaker 11: When you look at your offense, what do you believe is kind of the missing factor?
Speaker 3: So far?
Speaker 11: Otani only has three at bats with runners in scoring positions so far this season. That seemed to be a big thing for you last year. As far as turning that lineup.
Speaker 12: Over, yeah, I think I didn't appreciate that stat. I think it's I think it's a collective. As I've said it this past week. I just think that offensively, we're just not taking as many team good team at bats. Obviously, the guys at the bottom have struggled getting on base, and so hopefully you know, Kei k and Mickey Road today can get on base for shohe and turn that lineup over. I just think right now we just haven't been synced up, but I think it'll be short lived.
Speaker 13: How long into the season do you go before, especially some of the bottom half struggles become more of a concern outside it just like a small early season sample.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think for Andy's situation, I think I've used that one hundred and fifty played the peer appearance kind of benchmark. I think Key k figures some things out offensively last couple of days in his work that we're gonna start team some better at bats. It was good to see Mickey thought a couple of hits, but I think, you know, these are our guys right now, so I'm gonna just continue to run him out there and sort of mix and match and and obviously I got to find a way to, you know, include Chris Taylor as well to kind of get him get him some at bats too.
Speaker 13: Was this a planned off day for Freddy or is he just based off how he felt coming out of these first.
Speaker 5: Days he planned off day.
Speaker 12: He was either gonna take today or tomorrow off given that we have six and a row. I wasn't gonna play six in a row. So we just felt that today would be the best day and then we'll run them for three against the Rockies.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts his pregame thoughts as we lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Cubs. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vasse from leading up to first pitch. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Casey is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers in Cubs Sunday Night Baseball from Dodger Stadium. Tyler Glass now calling ray the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four.
Speaker 1: Ten, Joining Tim Cates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: Last time we saw Tyler glasnaw on the mountain for the Dodgers, the weather wasn't too good and he wasn't too good. What do we expect today on this glorious Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would imagine suns out, guns out. As far as Tyler Glass now is concerned, it's a beautiful day at Dodgers Stadium as Sunday Night Baseball will not only commence here at four to ten, but also not only the weather being beautiful Southern California weather compared to Philadelphia, but also as the game moves on in the first hour, first few winnings of the game, the shadows are going to be in play tim so that's only going to benefit glass Now as well. So Dave Roberts gave credit to glass Now, who after the game in Philadelphia did not shy away from the fact that he let the elements affect the way he pitched. And that's not I guess you can applaud him for that, but he's got to be better in those type of situations. But today he should be fine.
Speaker 3: David has driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choices find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the F one fifty. And we heard from him just a little while ago, David. Last night, one of the bright spots for the Dodgers at a sixty to nothing loss was that catching the third inning.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and that's the product of him coming out early. To work with Dino Eboll, who's now the outfield coach. Hot Hes has been working every day virtually with Dino to get better and get better jumps off the baseball, not only working with the fungal bat where Dino hits him simulated fly balls, but to be out here during batting practice to track the baseball off the bat off of major league hitters during batting practice has been beneficial. And also he's been working out during batting practice by running the bases and simulating situations on the basis. So he's putting in the work and I think we're starting to see some of that work pay off for him.
Speaker 2: What's the latest on Evan Phillips David The Dodgers' bullpen's been really good, but it certainly he's one of their high leverage relievers. Been so important to this Dodger team the last few seasons.
Speaker 3: What's the status with Evan?
Speaker 11: Yeah, right now, health wise, he feels good and that's a good sign. He's going to throw another outing on Tuesday, and Dave Roberts said he's ready to go, but the Dodgers haven't decided when they are going to activate him, possibly on the next road trip. There are a lot of off days as well, not to mention the fact the Dodger bullpen has thrown more innings than the starters have. At some point you want to get a fresh arm, and it's not just another arm, it's the super reliever's arm, and Evan Phillips that certainly could help the Dodgers shorten games when they have a lead. So he's ready to go. It's just a matter of when the Dodgers want to activate him.
Speaker 3: Maybe sometimes fans get caught in the moment.
Speaker 2: Last night sixteen, nothing lost since, like, oh no, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: But it's one of one's sixty two.
Speaker 2: Now that you're around this team this afternoon, less than twenty four hours later, any fallout from last nine or is that already behind them?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dave Roberts said, you know, he heard the fans getting on the team, and rightfully so, with the way they played and taking their worst shutout loss in franchise history at Dodgers Stadium. But it just seems like that may be forgotten with a win today. The Dodgers are trying to avoid losing their third straight series, so there's more at stake than just winning this series. The Dodgers need to start winning some series. The Giants. By the way, Tim came back again in the Bronx to beat the Yankees. So it's a competitive nl wes no matter whether or not you buy or sell the Giants, it's tough right now.
Speaker 2: David, you mentioned this when he came back off the end of the list with Freddie Freeman. He's gonna want to play every day, but he's not going to play every day. And we heard Dave Roberts touch on it today. It's just one of those days they want to get him off his.
Speaker 3: Feet, right, Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean this is something that the Dodgers explained to Freddie when he came back off the IL. He's not going to play six straight games. So that's the reason why he has today off.
Speaker 1: And also Dave.
Speaker 11: Roberts brought up a great point. Freddie Freeman is going to have to deal with this right ankle issue all year long. It's going to have to be a new normal for him and he's going to have to get comfortable hitting in this new normal. So that's gonna take time and repetitions. And you know, after today's day off, you would hope that there's no looking back as far as giving Freddy off days, because the Dodgers have plenty coming up on this road trip before the end of this month. They got a day off as they travel to Texas, and then they have an off day in Chicago, and then they have an off day before the next homestand begins. So Freddy's gonna have a lot of days off his feet.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: DV appreciate it. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Yoshi Yama model. We'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup with the Cubbies going with a bullpen game the Dodgers sending out Tyler Glass now.
Speaker 3: But up next your Dodgers' magical moment.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and comes Sunday Night Baseball first pitch in four ten cases World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cubs on this Sunday afternoon final game of this three game set.
Speaker 3: Tyler class. Now on the mount. First pitch set for four ten.
Speaker 14: I thought, dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Times.
Speaker 2: Well the Dodgers taken on the Cubs at Dodgers Stadium. It brings back a great memory September ninth, nineteen sixty five and left tander on the mound for the Dodgers by the name of Sandy Kofax, who had a perfect night.
Speaker 1: Two and two.
Speaker 15: The Harvey Kane one strike away. Sandy into his wind up. Here's the pitch god in this the perfect game on the scoreboard in right field. It is nine to forty six PM in the City of the Angels, Los Angeles, California, and a crowd of twenty nine thousand, one and thirty nine just sitting in to see the only pitcher in baseball history to herald four no hit, no run games. He has done it four straight years and now he capped it on his fourth no hitter. He made it a perfect game, and Sandy Kopax, whose name will always remind you of strikeouts, did it with a flourish. He struck out the last six consecutive batteries, so when he wrote his name in capital letters in the record books, that case stands out even more than the oufaa.
Speaker 2: The Great Van Scully with the call all of the perfect game from Sandy Kofex against the Chicago Cubs September ninth, nineteen sixty five. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffy Sokows, local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hofty hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Rick Monday and we'll get you your prize picks. Double play of the Day leading up to Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 5: Nowek it is Morongo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Cubs Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine. Tyler klass Now on the mound. First pitch, coming up at four.
Speaker 4: Ten got him with the two for one hard.
Speaker 11: Shot to third, drove us the second on the first double What.
Speaker 16: Double holes tis?
Speaker 5: This is the Price Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fan Antac sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using this.
Speaker 3: Code go blue.
Speaker 2: Go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars.
Speaker 3: Lineup.
Speaker 2: That's go blue when you sign up. It's easy more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up one thousand times your cash. It's strikeouts RBI's first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. Here are my two picks today. Tyler Glass now more or less six and a half strikeouts. I'm gonna go less less than six and a half strikeouts. Taoscar Hernandez more or less a half a hit run in an RBI combined. More come on more for Taoscar Hernandez a half a hit run on RBI and less than Tyler Glass now for six and a half strikeouts Prize Picks. Use the code go blue when you sign up Prize Picks.
Speaker 3: Run your game and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bass saying, here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Rick.
Speaker 11: The great thing about baseball is there's usually a game the next day, and certainly the Dodgers want to start fresh with Sunday night baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm trying to explain that to the Chicago White Sox last year. What there's another game tomorrow.
Speaker 11: That's true, but the Dodgers aren't a different spectrum of you.
Speaker 6: Know, it's all perspective. It it's all perspective. And the Dodgers understand what they need to do today because, first of all, look at reality. They need to pick up a victory to win this series. Otherwise, if they drop this game, that's three series in a row that they have dropped in the lost column. This is a better ball club right now. They're in a run, no question about it. But we're going to find out what happens today. The nice thing is is it you know, it's warmer weather than the Dodgers had on the road trip. That does make a difference. Oddly enough, I did some research. I started to talk to you about it. You know, in altitude, for every thousand feet of altitude that you gain looking forward to to Denver, don't really look at lant either because Atlanta has some altitude. A lot of people don't really understand. But the six feet farther as far as a distance at altitude a thousand feet and then you had another thousand feet, you had another thousand feet. That's why the ball travels so well if a corus field in Denver. Also the temperature, also the humidity. Obviously the wind on top of it, but it does make a difference. There was a study by some physicists and there is a formula to follow, and I don't understand it that they have the formula that's there. They're talking about how difficult it is it to hit. If your swing is one thousandth of a second too early, you're out in front of the ball, could hit at foul. If you're a thousand of a second too late, well then you're in trouble on top of it, so it breaks down. I've always said hitting a baseball, in my estimation, and having flailed at at a few different times, is the most difficult thing to do in professional sports. A lot of the people have different opinions. I respect that hitting you're reacting to an action, and then you've got to be able to hit it and then succeed and avoid seven guys out in front of you. That eight guys included the pitcher that have gloves. Oh, by the way, you have to hit it within the white lines to fair not foul.
Speaker 11: Rick, you're overwhelming me with all this. Did you ever think about this stuff when you were playing, because it seems like nowadays there's so much information this would sort of hamper you if you're in the batter's.
Speaker 6: Box, including if you're a pitcher. I remember asking Tom Candiotti once when he was an active knuckleball pitcher with the Dodgers. I said, Hey, Tom, there's a guy that just came out with a book that explains, aerodynamically, from a physics standpoint, what makes a knuckleball knuckle? I said, I can get a copy of it. Would you like to read it? He goes, no, no, no, no, it would confuse me. It's a field pitch. Well, they also did some studies the aerodynamics of a curveball, and we can get into that a different time. There's a formula, and I don't understand how to do the math that they figured it out, but there is a formula with high pressure system low pressure system on a baseball, the rotation, what the seams do to the airflow, everything else that goes with it. By the way, you don't have time to think about that when you're trying to hit a baseball.
Speaker 11: No chance. But the conditions are beautiful here at Dodger Stadium today. It should be a good day for Tyler Glass now, and you hope for the Dodger offense that has kind of stalled out out dir Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 6: And for Glass now. He fell apart in the third inning of that game in Philadelphia once the light rain began to fall in the third inning of that ballgame. No rain today, David.
Speaker 11: No rain today, not a cloud in the sky. Actually, we'll see whether or not the physics of sho Heyo Tani imposed themselves on mother Nature. Today. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, DV. That's the Dodger game plan.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, start your future to California Community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the it's time to take that next big step. Glasses can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rickle'll be back with Steven Nelson. The two of them will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with Yoshinobu. Ya'm a moto that's coming up, as is Dodgers in Cubs.
Speaker 3: First pitching four ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers name.
Speaker 5: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Cubs, Tyler Glass now and Colin Ray. The pitching matchup Todgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafton Sushi. Enjoy it as you're heading to the game, you're watching the game, listening on the go. It's quick, affordable meal the whole family can enjoy. It's made daily on site, fresh by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste tuna rolls, salmon rolls, timper shrimp rolls, my personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon roll.
Speaker 3: They got poke Bulls. Zen She hand.
Speaker 2: Crafted Sushi always fast, fresh and easy and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Dodger Stadium, and it's even more beautiful with two great men hero Yoshi Yamamoto sidekick and of course the great Yamamoto himself. Thank you so much for both of your time.
Speaker 17: And Tokyo was akin today.
Speaker 8: Hi, Hi, You're welcome.
Speaker 11: All right, Yamamoto, what a great start toer season. What has been the biggest thing that has made you more comfortable at Koto?
Speaker 16: At the condition.
Speaker 12: You look.
Speaker 17: So during the off season, you know, because I I was able to keep maintained by condition and the great and then that I carried onto h into the spring training. Then you know, because that resulted and led me to that great start.
Speaker 11: When you came to the major leagues last year, what was the biggest adjustment for you?
Speaker 17: Said?
Speaker 16: Stuff I got done there.
Speaker 17: That Yeah, there's not specific spirit. I can't pick one thing, but because everything was different so different from Japan, then while I was playing, I did not feel as much different. But when I look back, there's a there's a lot of difference as I feel, you know, because I have to deal with.
Speaker 11: Is it too simple to say it was just the baseball or it was the mound. Is that too simple when people say that.
Speaker 8: No, Gota y got you, well.
Speaker 17: Everything that's different simply Yeah.
Speaker 11: But I made you feel more comfortable, right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Aska, So.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think that was the biggest support for me last year.
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm here for you all the time. Yamamoto, Yoshi, Yama Moto and his great sidekick hero is here with us before first pitch on Sunday night baseball. I noticed something different about you in spring training. You had more swag, you had more confidence. Where did that confidence come from to start the year?
Speaker 18: And yeah, but you want to.
Speaker 17: The big big thing was you know, I'm at this point, I'm used to the lifestyle here. And also, of course I needless say I get the oldest support from the staff, team, staff and the organization. That that's probably the biggest, biggest reason, if only more confident and the comfortable this year.
Speaker 11: Kik Hernandez shared a story with me. He took you to coffee last year after the first game of the playoffs that you pitched. What do you remember about that conversation and did it have a big impact on you?
Speaker 8: And postal season?
Speaker 3: The impact.
Speaker 17: And I'm the you know, because going on with him and for coffee year and then we had a good time. And then, you know, because what we talked about there kind of helped me to reset my mind and clear my mind organizing, you know, and then my mind for the next towards the next game. And then that helped me a lot. And then I felt, you know, his kindness and then you know, because of support from him.
Speaker 8: I love it, and we love Yamamoto.
Speaker 11: I love watching you pitch with such passion and emotion that really shows everybody how much you care and how much desire you have to win again. So it's been a pleasure to watch you pitch and just see you get better and better with every start. You are decorated. I know you're a great pitcher, but to see it now really come together, it's special, Amos.
Speaker 17: So you're showing.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, Yamamoto. One day you're gonna do the interview in English.
Speaker 5: We don't need Hero anymore, right.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, Hero, thanks a lot for your time too. We really appreciate your help.
Speaker 17: Thank you very much for having us.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Two great guys, Yamamoto and Hero. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot, d V thank you, Yo.
Speaker 2: She Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot com. Lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Cubs up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Casey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Hour.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long law.
Speaker 2: It's some Dodgers and the Cubs Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine. The homestead will continue tomorrow. But first things first, a series win is in order for the Dodgers with a win this afternoon.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacomo with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bowl. See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Colin Ray on the mound for the Cubbies, thirty four year old right hander. Eleventh season in pro baseball. He's actually played twice over in Japan, making two stents over there. He's got seven season in the Major leagues, the last four seasons in Milwaukee with the Brewers. He made three appearances this season out of the bullpen for the Cubbies. This is his first start serving as the opener. Is scheduled to make his first start and fourth appearance. Is one and one with a six thirty seven ERA in seven career games, four starts against the Dodgers. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Blue one and Oh they six forty three. Ray, the thirty one year old right hander in his tenth season in the Big League's his second with the Dodgers. He's making his third start this year, and he's looking to bounce back after a rough auding in Philadelphia last week where you give up five runs and walked five and two innings in the rain at Citizens Bank Parking had a no decision. He's facing the Cubs with a fifth time in his career. He's oh to one with a ten to sixty one era. Last face of the Way back in twenty eighteen, when he's with the Pirates, he pitched two thirds of an inning of relief. Tyler Glass now Colin Ray Dodgers Cubs. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kaison's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubbies wrapping up this three game series. Dodgers going for the series win. With the win, Tyler Glass now on the mound. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. They got beat sixteen to nothing last night, didn't protect the ravine on Saturday night, but looking to bounce back today. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before set up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownstir and field method. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CAA dot gov.
Speaker 3: Let's head back out to the ravine.
Speaker 4: Stephen Nelson Rick Monday, guys, TC, We are approaching first pitch on Sunday Night baseball, the series finale for the Dodgers against the Cubs, the rubber match of this three game series, and an important one because the rest of the division keeps on winning, the Padres and the Giants. So the Dodgers, as we sit here right now, one and a half half games back of the division lead in the West, and they're giving the ball to Tyler Glass now mo and we discussed this a little bit at the end of last night's broadcast, but this is a big game for Glass now. He really needs to put what happened in Philadelphia behind him.
Speaker 6: In a number of facts, yes, the numbers don't really add up to start to look at it. His first start was against the Atlanta Braves. He went five innings, no runs, two hints, yes, he walked three, only seventy nine pitches. Then on on Sunday in Philadelphia, he was very good in the first couple of innings, but then in the third, with light rain, they began to fall. He got unraveled and he walked four. He gave up phase since and he just could not find the strike zone and he was fighting himself right now.
Speaker 4: Three of the five runs that were charged to his ledger came on the grand slam that Alex Vessia came up out of the bullpen. But the bigger concern was the way that it was handled on the mound, and I think that has been discussed as well. Like the lock, losing command and losing a field for the baseball and bad weathers, one thing losing your composure on the mound in an environment like that, when you're seeing it at the beginning of the year, you're probably gonna see it at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: That was probably the bigger red flag.
Speaker 6: I think we'll see a little fire come out of glass now today. That was the shortest outing of his major league career, also on Sunday in Philadelphia, So I think the six foot eight right hander had come out blazing here this afternoon, and the Dodgers quite frankly, the bigger picture, they need to win a series and not lose back to back series. They did not come off of a very good road trimp and that they have a chance to lose two out of three to the Cubs in the opening series of this homestand.
Speaker 4: Trying to avoid a third consecutive series loss. That is a task for Tyler Glass Now and the Dodgers. No Freddie Freeman in the starting lineup, It'll be Tommy Edmund batting third and playing in center field, and so we are excited to see what the Dodgers can do and giving this crowd at home a show on this Sunday.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you Nelly, Dodgers and Cubs for wrapping up this three game set. Afterwards, David Vessey has got you cover with all the postgame festivities. First pitch his next, Tyler Glass Now on the bump. I'm Tim Kayson's the world champion Los Angeles Standers Audio Network