Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the director of pr and Communications for Pasadena Humane, our friend Kevin McManus. Good morning, Kevin, Good morning Amy.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good. So we're getting ready to wiggle and waggle. So give us a little info on the Wiggle Waggle Walk and Run for Pasadena Humane.
Speaker 2: Well, it's our biggest fundraiser of the year and it's coming up April sixth at the Rose Bowl at Brookside Park. And it's just that wise, you know, it's just a really fun fun day to come out with your dog and support Pasadena Humane and have a great walk around the Rose Bowl and do all trends of other fun things.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so we know that we do this walk every year, and like you said, it's a lot of fun. There's food vendors and people you know, show off their pups, and there's costume contests and all that stuff. But behind that, we're raising money.
Speaker 2: And that's right.
Speaker 1: People are being bombarded for donations, you know, from kind of every angle. So let's talk about Pasadena Humane and what you do and why people should consider donating some of their hard earned money to pacading A Humane.
Speaker 2: Well, I think even eating fire certainly kind of shed a light to like probably a wider audience of the work that we do on a daily basis for the animals in our community, and you know that includes, you know, having a state of the art I see you for animals who came in during the fire, who were burnt, who we were able to provide them with care we're still reeling from, you know, the kind of the aftermath and still caring for a lot of pets that people who don't have homes to go back to. You know, we're basically kind of dog sitting for in a definite amount of period for some of these folks and other you know, just amazing things that we do on a daily basis, like our Spain Mouter clinics and our amazing foster program that's now being pushed to its limits as well. And we're on the verge of kitten seasons. So yeah, even though and certainly we've been among them asking for donations most recently, but this is our chance to kind of fund the programs that we do every day for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Pasadena, I think you're right that, like we've known about because we work with you, so we know about the great work that you guys do to take in animals, make sure they're healthy, check them out, and get them ready to get into their new homes. But then being inundated with you. It was more than a thousand animals that came in after the fires.
Speaker 2: Right right, Yeah, it was well twelve hundred through the shelter, but that it was really just a fraction of the ones we are caring for because of all the other work that we did out in the field in the burn area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we got to go. We came to visit and took some video and in fact it's on my Instagram at Amy K.
Speaker 2: King.
Speaker 1: You can see we go in and you're treating some of the animals and you can see there, you know, where they're burned and singed, and you guys are patiently like nursing them to help and making sure that they're you know, that they're ready for their owners when they come to get them or if they if they can't find the owners, that they're ready to find.
Speaker 2: A new home. That's right. Yeah, I mean we still have a couple of the burn victims who are still receiving care and hopefully Yeah, I mean I was talking to our chief veterinarian yesterday and she's saying, one of these poor cats who came in very early on in the fire like still needs a couple more surgeries before and thankfully we know who her her family is. But yeah, she's had a real, real long road, but hopefully soon it will be you know, back with her her loving family.
Speaker 1: And that's why Pacadata Humane is there. That's just one of the many things you do. Hey, if you don't have if a dog, can you still come walk?
Speaker 2: Oh of course please. And well if you're in the market for a dog, we're going to have some adoptable animals that are Wiggle Waggle Wagon which will be there. But you know, it's definitely if you like dogs, If you love dogs, it's a really fun day to come out, and we really want to, you know, even if you don't like come out and you know, hang out with us, come celebrate you know, our our shelter and all the hard work that we do. I'm in have a good day at the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, it's April sixth, the Wiggle Waggle Walk. We have a team that you wake up call Wigglers. I'd love for you to join us and come walk with us, and you can do that. Sign up to either walk with us or to donate kf I am six forty dot com slash Wiggle and before I let you go, you have a I got an alert capacity in humane to find your four legged clover. You're doing.
Speaker 2: It's great adoption. That's one of my favorite times of the year, being you know, of Irish descent. So yeah, we're kind of well for big dogs and this is always a problem for us, but we see it even now. You know, we had such great luck with adoptions the first couple of weeks after we kind of restarted that, but we still have a lot of big dogs are looking for homes. And so if you're in market for a big dog this weekend, well from now until Tuesday, you can find your four legged clover and adoption fees are waived for any dog over forty pounds.
Speaker 1: I love it. Kevin McManus with Pasadena Human can't wait to see you at the Wiggle Waggle Walk on April six.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much, Amy talking.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you soon.