Speaker 1: Today from elder Care.
Speaker 2: We have Josh and we have Jessica in here today from Foundation Therapy. Well, Josh, welcome back to your old haunts here today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And Jessica, welcome to your first time.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, great, We're excited to be anywhere.
Speaker 4: Blessing.
Speaker 1: It's always a blessing. Indeed it is. Now. We've got a lot going on in the month of October, don't we Yes, weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a ton going on in Eldercare in October. So October is Women's Health Month, and so Eldercare has a lot of things happening, a lot of seminars, a lot of get togethers. I think it actually kicks off tomorrow. I think Restoration's Medical Spa is going to be out there given a presentation.
Speaker 3: Doctor Gretcha McGee is.
Speaker 5: Going to give a presentation next week, and we have several other events over the next during the month of October.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of why Jessica's here today, because we at.
Speaker 5: Foundation are going to start a new women's health program. I think we talked about that time a little bit, there's a lot of there's a lot of opportunity and there's a lot of need in Bartlesville for that type of physical therapy that deals with specifically women's health.
Speaker 1: And Jessica, go ahead and elaborate on that, would you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean there's a lot of it is just education for women, and I feel like there's so many women that don't realize that they can get this help. They think some of these symptoms that have are normal, and really it's not normal. It doesn't have to be the normal. They can take charge of their health. We can help educate them, we can help give them different strategies to help with all their different symptoms, and I think I think it will be a great thing for this community. And I'm really excited. I take my first course for women's health here in a few weeks and then after that I'll start seeing patients as a mom before I obviously have a lot of patient or a lot of passion for women's health. So yeah, it's just going to be a wonderful thing for this community, and I'm really excited to start helping my patients with that.
Speaker 1: Well, this is great, just another big bonus out there in Eldercare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, you know, there's not a lot of that. That service is not offered in Bartlesville very much. So oftentimes people are traveling to Awassa or Tulsa to get help, and that's just something that doesn't need to happen. So we're super excited to add this program out of Foundation Therapy.
Speaker 1: All right, got a lot of other things going on out there too, aren't doing here.
Speaker 5: There is falls a busy time at Eldercare. There there's a couple of big things. Medicare Party counseling's happening, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Medicare Party is the.
Speaker 5: Part of Medicare that deals with your prescriptions and those just like all of insurance that just and I deal with every day. Insurance is changing all the time, and so as prescription coverages, and so it's always good to a read all your mail that you get about your coverage because maybe what was covered last year might not be covered this year. And it's always good to have a conversation with someone who's in the know and all the changes. And there are two people out of elder Care that can meet with you one on one. They'll provide counseling it's free. All we ask is that you give us a call and schedule time and Jerry and Deanna will meet with you and work you through that process. It's it can be overwhelming for people, so it's a it's a blessing that we can offer that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I believe me.
Speaker 2: I've done to email that people my age get.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of it's confusing.
Speaker 2: Some of it's a sales pitch, and you don't really notice that it's a sales pitch to.
Speaker 1: You get down to the end, it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like in paragraph five they say, yeah, your prescription's.
Speaker 3: Not covered anymore.
Speaker 5: It's like, okay, Well, you know, there's all kinds of different changes that can happen, So meeting with someone and talking through that, I think is important. We've got another thing coming up too. We're starting something new this year called blitzen Bingo.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of this?
Speaker 2: I just could just it came out of her mouth and then you walked in the door, so I was just getting a marshal of it.
Speaker 5: Josh, all right, Well, blitzing Bingo is a fundraiser that Elder Care is starting this year in conjunction with the radio station.
Speaker 3: So it is.
Speaker 5: You know, people love bingo and I find out I've had a hard I've had a hard time grasping the love of bingo.
Speaker 3: But I think I'm in now.
Speaker 5: I'm in on the bingo uh and so we're doing it in conjunction with the radio. It'll be kind of you have the opportunity to buy packets with your Bingo cards. It's a way for us to kind of come together as a community.
Speaker 3: Whether people.
Speaker 5: Are at home, maybe they're out of the community, but they can still listen to ky FM on the app. You can sit at home together with your family and your Christmas pajamas. It'll be about the first week of December and you can participate in Bingo. Listen to the radio, listen for the song, mark it off on your Bingo sheet and if you get a Bingo call.
Speaker 3: In and you can win a prize.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you like that? Yeah? I love that. That's really cool. That's super new.
Speaker 3: I think a family with four kids would like that. Oh yeah, I think there might.
Speaker 5: Be battles over yea, the battles over the Bingo card on whose it was.
Speaker 1: They'll know all the songs.
Speaker 3: I think they will.
Speaker 2: There I think it is.
Speaker 3: But we're super excited.
Speaker 5: So there's sponsorship opportunities for that out right now. And then the individual I think tickets are going to be coming in the next.
Speaker 3: Week or two. So this is going to be a lot of fun. It'll be it'll be a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is, it is, it is.
Speaker 2: Now. Tell us a little bit about Foundation Therapy now, Jessica, you've been out there quite a while and it's been kind of growing, but really it's kind of been on We don't want to say it's been on steroids because we don't do that, but it's for growing, growing, it's exponential. Here, lay tell us a little bit about what you've seen over the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Well, over the last couple of years, I mean we've added how many therapists to several Well, yeah, I mean we just recently added another full time therapist, Baylor. Hopefully we can get her in here within the next few months. She's great, she will do She's a great asset to our program. She was actually a student here a few years ago. Yeah, and she's just she's really fun and like I said, she's somewhat she's two years she graduated two years ago. So she brings a lot of life, I feel like to our facility.
Speaker 3: And then we.
Speaker 4: Had Rachel Amanda, just several new therapists with lots of different assets, and we just have a great group out there.
Speaker 2: You had a lot of skill sets, a lot of different personalities, and the just.
Speaker 3: A great way to kind of match up with your client.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Rachel's doing dry needling. She took a course for that back in the spring. So that's another great asset to our program for the patients that need it and you know, qualify for it.
Speaker 5: So Baylor does that as well. She also helps teach our Parkinson's class that we teach. So she actually when she was a student here a couple of years ago, she started when she went back home to work, she started a Parkinson Parkinson's class there and then we just signed her up to come back to Bartlesville.
Speaker 3: So and she's going to help me with it here. So it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Didn't we get to share an office? So yeah, that's right, I got a buddy.
Speaker 1: Now you're not all alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, things are just popping, you know. Eldercare is a great resource in our community and a lot of people sometimes I shouldn't say a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Most people know that it's not a residential care facility, right.
Speaker 2: Eldercare is there to make sure that you can age with dignity in place for as long as you possibly Canutely, it's all about your independence and this is just a resource to kind of.
Speaker 1: Help you there.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's the opposite. So yeah, our goal is to keep people happy, healthy and independent for as long as safely possible in their own home. And you know, on the physical therapy side, we need to start that process early, so we see adults of all ages. And that's really what elder care wants to be is a place for you to be actively aging. So and that starts when you're my age of forty one, and you just kind of work even earlier. You have to invest in yourself early to have a really successful long life.
Speaker 2: So well, I can guarantee you that because it's really easy to get sedentary. And then once you get sedentary and something starts to you know, as I said, at the age sixty one, the wheels.
Speaker 1: Kind of fell off.
Speaker 2: Well it's kind of tough to get those wheels back off, but once you do, you feel a whole heck, of a.
Speaker 3: Lot better, and it just starts with little steps. ADBD just takes a little steps to start.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I feel like we have so many patients all have a patient come in and, you know, just start the treatment session, they're like, I really didn't feel like coming in, didn't feel that great. And then by the end of the session they're like, oh, I feel better. There's really some indoor fense.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: And then I've had several patients that, you know, say well, I'm not as bad off as this person, and I'm like, well that maybe you're not, but we want you to be the best that you can be because there's still at a really high level of function and we want to continue to facilitate that.
Speaker 3: So it's a great, great place you have everything.
Speaker 2: Like a balance is a big, big thing and I'm finding that out sometimes that's not a given.
Speaker 5: It's not a given, and it's something that people don't ever focus on. There's no you don't go to the gym and work on your balance so much, but it's something that if you don't work on it, it will kind of slip away.
Speaker 3: From you pun intended.
Speaker 5: So we you can challenge yourself in your balance at home in a lot of easy ways. So we depend on our balance. We depend on our ears, our eyes, and our ankles and hips for our balance. So if we can challenge ourselves to do things on one leg, standing with our eyes closed, do those things in the safety of your own home, you can actually challenge yourself quite a bit and get.
Speaker 1: Yourself a lot longer way into the positive.
Speaker 5: In the air thoughts, absolutely, because I mean it's just things that people don't particularly work on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, it's not call you have that whoopsie. Hey, hey, what happened here?
Speaker 2: We're all about trying to negate the whoopsie exactly. Now, you've got some friends out there. Do you understand that there's a full clinic that's been associated with the Eldercare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the CHC clinic across the hall. Yeah, they have. Like I said earlier, Gretcha McGee is a primary care physician that's over there.
Speaker 3: Ronda Line is over there as well, and.
Speaker 5: Doctor Jerrold is still an elder Care You'll be there, so doctor Gerald just Dartnwall doesn't want to be there. Listen, there is a new primary care physician coming over to that clinic. I want to say November or December, and so they are. It's it's very exciting to look out in the hallway at Eldercare and see people of all ages waiting, waiting for their doctor's visit. You know, there's not been many times where there's babies crying at Eldercare, but there's babies there now. It's it's it's an exciting change. As healthcare changes and everything uh in our world changes, elder care is changing too. We're gon we're gonna have to we have to do that.
Speaker 2: Last couple of times have been out, there's been a little bit of remodeling going on, and it's old because growth.
Speaker 5: I've angined, right, you know, over the last two months, at least in the therapy department, we've seen the most patients we've ever seen so and the expectation is for that to continue to move forward. That's the reason that we hired a new therapist full time. And the unfortunate part of the waiting list is still there, but we're getting through it a lot faster than we were last year. So, like I think I've said it before ten years ago. Just started in twenty fifteen. I started in twenty fourteen at that point, if we were seeing three hundred patients in a month their inner patient visits, that was a good month.
Speaker 3: And now we're seeing.
Speaker 5: About eight hundred, So it's a big difference and where we were doing our best to accommodate it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great. Do you have to be a certain age to take advantage of foundation therapy?
Speaker 5: You don't, We advertised to adults of all ages.
Speaker 1: Adults of all ages.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go, so eighteen, you're in if you need it. Now you work on a little bit more than just you know, the musical. We talked a little bit about a balance and things like that, but you know, things like it for work or something you've had maybe a setback and you kind of need to We learned how to use parts and pieces.
Speaker 4: You guys do that, yes, yes, I mean you know, we see people trying to get back to their job and yeah, we definitely work on that and help them find strategies, work on their body mechanics, all those things to get them back where they need to be and prevent future injuries strokes too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whether you need physical therapy, speech therapy, or occupational therapy so ocpational therapy. Susan Clifton is at our clinic where we are very lucky to have her. She's an OT and also a hand specialist, so that's a certification beyond the OT degree that she went to get and there's not too many of those around. And just like and speaking of not too many around, Abby is Abby Peterman is our speech therapist and she works on adults and the only one an outpatient that focuses on adults. So we're lucky to have the staff that we have, and we're lucky as in Bartlesville to have the opportunity to serve for us to serve the community the way we do one on one where we can really establish rapport with our patients and relationships and kind of understand what they're going through and problem solve the things that they need to all the goals that they're setting for themselves.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you both Jessica and Josh for being here today and thanks for letting us know what's going on in Eldercare. There's a lot. You know, I'm going to be posting a big story today. Well, go through your cat calendar on the website. I'm so yeah.
Speaker 5: If you want any information about the events that are happening in October. You can go to our website at www dot about Eldercare dot org and if you just want to call somebody, you can give the main line a call at nine three six eighty five hundred.
Speaker 1: Happy to say that Dad is she'll operated by a human.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, We'll talk to Alanda today.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with