Speaker 1: Steve Rivera.
Speaker 2: He's got his eye on the ball on Tucson Sports Station yet Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 4: Luckily I don't have my eye on the ball, but Dave does and JN does.
Speaker 5: That's why you're here.
Speaker 3: Okay, one, didn't you have the breaking news portion?
Speaker 2: This is Eye on the Ball Breaking News on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 5: Happy mannic one day to everyone out there.
Speaker 6: You're truly mister goody two shoes, Mihitolindo. Dave, if you want to come up with a nickname for me, you can.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, he's going to work on that.
Speaker 3: If there's a white guy that that that that purpose, it's Dave the mister nice guy.
Speaker 6: And you know, mister you can't do nothing wrong here Melindo number two. Yeah, all right. He starting off Breaking News with some summary of Arizona athletics over the weekend.
Speaker 5: The women's tennis team had.
Speaker 6: A couple of victories on Saturday, first against Colorado State in a four to one win, and then a Buffalo a couple hours later, seven to zero. They are now eight and four on the season. The men's tennis team got a huge win on Friday. It's number seven San Diego we had for zero. The softball team had the Hill and Brand Invitational from Thursday through Sunday. Saturday, they had a huge showdown against number one Texas kind of felt like a College World Series atmosphere, but they didn't end up losing in the eighth inning four to eight. In their their rematch with number twenty Stanford, they had five home runs to win ten to two and six innings.
Speaker 5: The baseball team.
Speaker 6: After going zero in three couple we about a week ago, got three wins in San Diego eleven to zero, five to four, and twelve to six. Yesterday they faced Rice before heading to the Astros Foundation College Classic. Well off face number one Texas, Texas A and M, and then the women's team beat Houston seventy four to seventy two in overtime. They have Senior Night tomorrow six o'clock against Texas Tech before traveling to Arizona State for their final game of the regular season. Game of the season, and as we talked about, the men's basketball team lost to BYU at home ninety five to ninety six. They'll take on Utah seven o'clock on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: You know. With that, and I wanted to ask Josh this, and maybe I can ask Gym this. I'm sure. One there's two things, Dave. You have the video, right, I'm sure you can send it to the home office of the Big twelve and say can you review this and see what if there's any ramifications or whatever. You can protest the game, but you're not gonna you know what I'm saying right one and two, I'm wondering if Tomy's gonna get fined X amount of money because you criticize the refs.
Speaker 5: He was pretty really super dramatic. Well what he said though he was kind to be in pretty diplomatic.
Speaker 3: It sounds like, well, I asked him the questions, you know, your thoughts on the lisais as well, what am I going to say? Or it was about call I what can I say?
Speaker 5: YadA?
Speaker 3: But he still did it. I'm thinking maybe they'll let it go. But but they don't usually let it go because you're criticizing the red.
Speaker 5: Well, every once in a while you'll see that, especially in football, it seems where they'll you know, they'll try to correct a bad call by some defensive you know, on a defensive play in the end zone. So I don't know if the Big twelve will come out with anything. I'ven't seen anything today. Yeah, maybe they will that you know, mistake was made or a call shouldn't have been made, one of those kind of statements.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter really, right, And I don't think. I don't think, you know, having covered the team for so long in the good old days with the nc double A, we have those, you have those conference calls with the NCAA committee, And if this is a loss, right, it comes down as a loss, But is it a bad loss.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad loss.
Speaker 3: So those are factored into the situation where circumstances of events also play a part.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Then also look at you know, obviously the Iowa State win here was pretty fortunate. It kind of balanced itself out.
Speaker 3: Sure, and that is not a bad loss for Iowa State either, given the circumstance. Right and Houston, I mean, come on, yeah, they ad them until they didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Into some news regarding some of the opponents Arizona will be facing down the stretch, including Utah, which comes to town on Wednesday. They have fired their head coach, Craig Smith after for nearly four seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had a winning season. Former U of A guy, mister B tell me Mark Carlin.
Speaker 5: Mark former athletics or was an athletic, is their athletic director.
Speaker 3: But he's alm u Alm. I pulled the cord quickly. Yeah, obviously saw something. I don't think I'm assuming he hired the guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been there a while.
Speaker 3: It's been a while, so we'll see. It came from Utah State. This This ain't an easy job. And and I just saw a tweet by a friend, Frachelle, who's on the show every now and again, talk about you know n I L N I L you know how much money? How much when you have to get your program? And how much are you gonna get if if you're gonna be the new coach day, are you gonna ask that exactly? How much do I have to spend on the kids come here?
Speaker 5: Well? You saw, I mean there was it made news I guess this week about you know what the U of A did adding on that little extra extra fee. Yeah, that's gonna be used towards nil like our other university is gonna be doing the same thing. I mean, it's a big competition right now. And I'm sure you know the Big twelve being what how many teams? Sixteen, steam, whatever it is. You know, where's the Utah rank in the nil world? And here's you go.
Speaker 3: Ever, go to a store, I'll just say, you know, target, a target, beat whatever, and you buy something that's defected and you jake it back or whatever. Sure that happens, right Look at Indiana, a wealthy program that paid a lot of money for a lot of dudes. They buy a defective team. You can't take that stuff back. And I know, are you gonna go back and take another team back? Or are you gonna give more money just to hopefully you get another better team? Are you gonna spend more money? If I'm an alum of you and I gave you five hundred thousand dollars, you want more to buy a crappy team like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, if you can give five hundred thousand dollars, you can probably do it again. That's some of these people.
Speaker 3: If there's somebody that would know, you would know because you chase.
Speaker 5: Those people, chased them. But you know, if they're gonna give that kind of money, that can probably you know, double that it again, but they don't want to make a mistake.
Speaker 3: How would you approach its, gillicuddy, You remember last year you gave a half a million, didn't turn out so good. But this year we hopefully, you know, how would.
Speaker 5: You hopefully hopefully you've had a good year, so it's not going to really affect your bottom line. Like, look at the guy that you know, the guy that owns the Phoenix Suns is a huge Michigan State alum, but Matt Ishbia. Yeah, and he's one of their biggest donors, you know, so he's he's got other issues. He's got the problem. He's got the sons. The son that's true too. But then his brother wants to buy the Chicago White Sox. I mean, the family's loaded with money.
Speaker 3: I wish I had that problem.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Utah was fifteen and twelve on the season seven to nine and Big twelve. He'll he'll be uh, he's owed approximately five million dollars sixty five and sixty that's.
Speaker 5: Not a bad that's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 5: But that's not a bad record, not a bad right, they got a winning record, and there was two games below five hundred.
Speaker 3: And you're in the Big twelve. Time, you're in the Big twelve going seven to nine. Where were they picked one? And whendn't you want five million dollars to go away? Sure?
Speaker 6: Sixty five and sixty two overall since taking over. Yeah, another incident, I guess if you want to call it that. Arizona State's BJ Freeman is no longer on that team due to the intrimental conduct for the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this has been I'm good, not think. I know it's been going. I'm going for a while right the head, but just kind of started the processing because I think he was He was suspended a game or two later.
Speaker 6: All right, he was ejected against Arizona and then Colorado. Uh, and then was suspended for the road team a road game against Oklahoma State.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, problems there.
Speaker 3: I don't know if another transfer guy. I'm sure they paid him some money. Was he transfer transferre guy from a smaller school? Man buyer? Beware, that's kind of what I was referring to you earlier. I mean you to give me money and then you turn out to be that guy. Yeah, I want I want to warranty.
Speaker 5: Guarantee we're going to at least win twenty games and get to some tournament. Yeah, who knows, that's not gonna happen to Utah, probably and certainly.
Speaker 3: If I'm the dude that's gonna pay five hundred thousand dollars, you damn right, I'm tweeting just sucks. Blah blah blah. Yeah, but you know, no one's they're making fifty dollars whatever. They're not making much in their tweeting because they have nothing else to do. Right, Thank you, mister Zuckerber for all this great stuff.
Speaker 6: Following the upset win for Byuh. We've always talked about the chanting that went on in the student section Arizona immediately, or I guess shouldn't say imediately, but as quick as they could send out a statement apologizing. Uh, probably in my experience, the quickest apology I've seen from athletics regarding a certain situation like that.
Speaker 5: Maybe, uh, the UCLA thing, Yeah, that was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I could pretty get a now he's no longer with the UCLA, you know, the spitting situation. There's been a few I've seen them, like I say a number of them. They just need to do something to police it if they aren't already.
Speaker 5: I mean, what can you do? Just don't give them tickets?
Speaker 3: Uh for the I mean I don't know what you can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. You know, you can't really control every person in there.
Speaker 3: Well, what did you say?
Speaker 5: What did you say? What'd you say at the beginning?
Speaker 3: I think you can say what you say at the beginning? Move them?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I was thinking maybe move them to the other side of the arena and to the u of a bench side.
Speaker 3: Would that makes more sense at the end of the game, so the old harassment.
Speaker 5: Just put them over there, I mean, it's the same, just a big circle, right, isn't the same. I don't know they'd have to I suppose, but I mean, at least they'd be on the Arizona by the Arizona bench and not by the visitors bench. Like the band is over there, you know, blaring away during timeouts on purpose, right right right, and then the students are right behind him.
Speaker 3: I wonder, because you sit with us at the media right there, right, I wonder if you could put some stuff particle area just at the end of the game, raise them up as they come to the tunnel, you're still gonna hear the It's not gonna prevent them the voices and allowed, but at least the harassment, you know, as they go through the tunnel.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they could put some pleximbia, plexiglass or even the covering, the covering right of the tunnels. They should probably look into that, Dan.
Speaker 3: Yeah's just because just a roll away. It's one of those roll things at the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, this is probably the second third incident I've seen in my four years here already, and I'm sure there's been more, seemingly getting worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like how they would bring out ropes and stuff on the football sidelines for people, Yeah, to prevent them from Yeah that's on the field. Yeah, how will does that go? Never? Yeah, don't cross this line? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Else.
Speaker 6: The new Top twenty five came out for college basketball. Auburn remains at number one, Duke jumps to number two, or Florida, UH Florida stays at three, Houston at four, Tennessee at five. Some other highlights BYU comes into the top twenty five after the win. Arizona falls from nineteen to twenty two. Kind of a crazy situation for the IU Indianapolis men's basketball team. They were coming back home Monday and their bus caught fire.
Speaker 5: Everything burned.
Speaker 6: Players were safe, though, players and team and staff were safe.
Speaker 5: Everything else burned to a Christmas Are they doing? Okay?
Speaker 7: Are they doing?
Speaker 5: And this is awesome? This is not the IU of Bloomington, this is Indianapolis.
Speaker 6: So over the weekend, the Spurs announced that Greg Popovich will not is not expected to return to coach the Spurs this season, going kind of along with the news of Victim bin Yama's Do you think he's done? I would assume so. Yeah, I would hit a stroke, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: I hit a mile. He said he's sixty nine issue seventy. So do you think they would bring Becky Becky Harmon Hymond.
Speaker 6: I actually thought that would if he were to retire, be let go or whatever name Becky Hammond Hammond, Okay, uh, he's well.
Speaker 5: So to clarify, he's seventy six thirty six.
Speaker 6: Uh, I believe Becky Hammond's on the.
Speaker 5: Short list short lived.
Speaker 6: But she's currently coaching the Vegas Aces.
Speaker 5: So and she's done pretty well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's done very well at that level. I mean and I'm sure she has the respect of the players. I mean, that's the whole thing and becoming a very good coach. If you have the respect of the players and they want to play for you, they'll play for you.
Speaker 5: I think I'm not sure who else they would go after.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe stick with the guy that's been in Papovich's stay. Yeah, you know, he'll have basically a whole season under his belt. He'll have the trust of the players.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, hasn't Mike Budenholz or he's a Papovich disciple.
Speaker 3: Right, So yeah, he's he's a UA guy. I mean, but he's hem he's tied to you. You know, he loved Lute when he was growing He went to the camps. Yeah, coach the camps.
Speaker 6: Over the weekend, the Golden State Warrior retired former Finals MVP and former Arizona Wildcat Andre Iguodal Jersey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that. Saw that good for him. Three championships. He's part of that pretty good, pretty good list of players up there in San Francisco too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would know because you play a group watching a lot.
Speaker 5: Of Now I got to think Aboutickberry, Nate Thurmond, you know.
Speaker 3: Because of the seventies, right, a lot of the seventies.
Speaker 5: Get all those You're gonna get all those Steffs and Klay.
Speaker 6: Thompson's and is Draymond and one of those guys, Draymond, I would think.
Speaker 5: So he's such a pain. He won all those championships, they're all part of that. I believe it's four championships. They had the two with Katie, the one before and the one after.
Speaker 3: But so, what do you think about j wil masking Draymond?
Speaker 5: What do I think about it? He's a pain in the neck, but he's pretty talented.
Speaker 3: He's a pain in God. He cost him one. He cost him one with a kick in Game six.
Speaker 5: Did we talk? Yeah, it's right kicking Lebron. Do you did you see him during the NBA All Star Game whatever of that thing was, Yeah, where he was talking about how it was terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they're gonna win it all again.
Speaker 5: Oh the Warriors. Yeah, the Jimmy Butler trade looks like it's paying off. It's so far.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be good, perfect fit, perfect fit for the perfect coach because he he let him play, and you see how the pits in.
Speaker 6: You got anything else? Last thing, Uh, I want to kind of get your opinion on this. Should George Sanders won't be working out for teams at the NFL Combine. He'll just be interviewing with the teams. Yeah, lot a shock, not a shock. And he's going to be one or two right probably, Yeah, more than likely.
Speaker 5: I saw another draft things today with Team Act like one of the Raiders number six he knows. Yeah, well, let me just chime in one more. I think that's you. Very related is Richard Jefferson is going to be part of the number one team on ABC and ESPN with Mike Breen and Doris Burg the rest of the way going into the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: He did one yesterday, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been doing it and so there's all kinds of rumors of him going way. Maybe the Amazon and a lot of people are after him. Yeah, he's been really good. Yeah, since retiring in twenty after, you know, playing for the Warriors in Cleveland and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Not to pet myself on the back, but I'll put myself on the back. When he was a senior or junior junior, when he laughed, right, uh, you see you saw this coming and you were you were?
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: He's great on the mic. He was great, give you his opinions, even though we didn't want him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Paid in the neck with us sometimes every now and again, out spoken.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: He spoke so well at Bobby's funeral if you remember that. Yes, Uh, just is what it is. I called him in my column kind of like a and this is just an an analogy, not Muhammad al Ali, the guys of Arizona. He would say some funny things, very articulate, funny at times, very engaging. He had that personality and he still does sometimes over the top, you know, with his him and Perkins going at it. Not not a shock, not a shock at all.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I mean they're talking about him because you know Amazon is going to be jumping into the NBA here next year, and he's worked with the Iron Eagle with the nets for a number of years and Eagles got the play by play job there. So the rumor is that maybe he'll wrap it up with ABC and go Amazon. Yeah, with her endless amounts of money. If I only have.
Speaker 3: People that would chase me like that. By the way, I'm looking for advertisers.
Speaker 5: They're also looking for Dwayne Wade, so it could be Dwayne Wade and Richard it's gonna they'll have a good uh yeah, good.
Speaker 3: But Richard is it's it's what he does. Him and Channing two. Channing's very good looking for to you the NBA channel. Yes, that's it.
Speaker 5: We're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect timing. We're going to take a break here and call mister liven Good here on the other side.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets, available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece.
Speaker 5: We can help you select the perfect.
Speaker 8: Wood, type, color and style and top it off unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 9: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort. Discover all this and more discover with Soul Casino Del Soul, the Soul of Tucson. Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Enterprise of Fasco Yaki Tribe.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Given we'll call at five to two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 7: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 6: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best. You deserve Arizona Health.
Speaker 7: From Leading Edge and Exercise Equipment.
Speaker 10: On twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 11: Baseball fans, it's time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifiers coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship.
Speaker 5: The games are set for March second.
Speaker 7: Third, fourth, and sixth.
Speaker 11: Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium. Feel the excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China and Columbia take the field. Visit World Baseball Classic dot com to secure your seat today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona Sports Tourism and Film Authority.
Speaker 12: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four. Recognize your employees, salespeople, managers and agents with the Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 13: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking to start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards.
Speaker 5: And trading card games.
Speaker 13: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out it edcards dot com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere try to show Time Cards for their passion.
Speaker 1: Gut bugs, termites, bees, or rodents. Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 5: My name is Dale Pazinski.
Speaker 6: I volunteer with United Way to help the homeless in my community, learn computer skills and build a basic resume.
Speaker 5: I don't just wear the shirt, I live it. Give advocate volunteer Living United. Go to Living Unit dot work. Brought to you by United Way and the Head Council.
Speaker 2: This is I on the Ball with stevebra Bearn Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio while just search Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Whying the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and with me today is Dave Silver. Now on the phone, we have Jim liven Good. Are you doing, Jim form a uaa D I'm.
Speaker 7: Doing great, guys. It's a great life right now.
Speaker 4: Retirement is great, kids are great, grandkids are great.
Speaker 7: So life is good.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna ask you we just had Josh passener on earlier in the hour, and I said, why in the world would you ever want to come back to this coaching situation with Nile? Now I'm gonna think to you, aren't you glad you're just not in it anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great question, Steve, and I know exactly what Joyce's answer would be.
Speaker 7: I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Height.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a it's just a different profession. It's still a great profession because of what you do, but it's different, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: As far as leading a department too, I mean, there's so many different things now you have to be concerned with, especially with the NIL and you know the revenue sharing deals that are happening. What do you think is happening inside McHale? Is there kind of trying to filter their way through all of this.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel bad for Desiree and I feel bad for Arizona Athletics, and they'll get it done.
Speaker 7: There's not it's not a question of it. It's it's more of a win.
Speaker 4: But it's it's just an every hour thing, not every day, week or month. It's every hour because of watching being very careful about what you spend, figuring out different ways to generate different kinds of revenue, and yet at the same time having to remember which which she and they do. This is a relatively small community. It's a great college town, a great place, but it's small and so the resources and kinds of things those are gonna be the challenges going forward. I talk to ads across the country every single day, and particularly.
Speaker 7: Some some are in the profession right now, some have retired.
Speaker 4: But that question comes up, is the revenue aspect of it, Just watching what you's been what you've been it for, and and the hard thing at some point in time taking a look at you know, can we do all the things.
Speaker 7: That we've been doing, And.
Speaker 4: That, guys, that's the hardest question ever because nobody wants to look at what you might have to get rid of or you can't have. But those are those are bigger questions right now, and particularly as we're looking at in the spring of this year.
Speaker 5: So you know, I was gonna just say, for years, there's been talk about doing something with the football stadium, either taking down that press box or doing something on that the west side. Where do you think that stands now given you know what the UVA is going through financially, and and like you said, you know, do we have people who can who can put the foot the bill for something like that.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a great question, and it's really kind of the bigger question. There are so many things and we've even when I was here, we worked through and that we still have did lots of plans on lots of things. But there's a lot of things with Arizona Stadium that have to do they're going to be very expensive, that have nothing to do without with how it will look. They have everything to do with with the infrastructure and rebar and strengthening things that have gotten old over the years.
Speaker 7: Nobody's fault, it's just gotten old.
Speaker 4: And yet they're not going to be the pretty when you look at it and say, wow, that's what we wanted, that's that's taking us.
Speaker 7: Into And and then you go forward and you've got.
Speaker 4: So many things like that, so many different kinds of people asking for money for doing really important things, and within the university, within the community, all the difference, and then you add to it in il and athletic projects. So I don't know where all that money comes from and somebody's got to figure out that part because it's not just and I'm an athletic person, so I care about wildcat athletics, but there are also many, many other kinds of things going on in JUCSAN that are critical their health or all those things. So guys, whoever comes up with a solution of that deserves some sort more than a prize, because it's going to be a really tricky thing of how you get all of these different entities satisfied in terms of the kinds of money that it's needed.
Speaker 7: So and you add to it the university priorities as well as we've read.
Speaker 4: Heard and seen in the last number of weeks and months, the number of money that's being lost with regards to the funding is longer there. So that's that's of some of those kinds of things that made up I don't know on this particularity in February, I just am glad I'm retired.
Speaker 5: Yees.
Speaker 3: No intact, I was going to ask you about this before I reached out to you.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: We're in that final month of the nitty gritty. You were part of the nitty gritty back in the day as a selection committee was it a fun time. Was it a nervous time? Was it a crazy time? I think the ad from Duke or North Carolina is the chairman this year, North.
Speaker 4: Carolina Public Cunningham knowing well he's a longtime friend. Yes, so he's the chair and they've expanded. See if you guys are probably well aware that they've expanded. I think this is the second, first or second year now they've expanded to on the men's side, ben women to twelve members, not ten. It's a great question because it was and is a fun time of the year, but it's also a tough time of the year because you're going to make somebody unhappy regardless of what happens. And the old philosophy, which is still the philosophy, and the most important thing with basketball in terms of the NCAA is you've got to get it right on selection. People can play their ways out of a bad seed, but you've got to be in the tournament to have a chance to play your way out of bad seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's always there's always a couple you know that are going to be upset no matter what.
Speaker 3: You know, Well, a lot of those lines go ahead, and.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, what about expansion that's been kind of a big subject in the last few weeks. Do you think the tournament's going to expand I.
Speaker 4: Don't think that's a question again of not to be cute about it, but I don't think it's a question of if. I think it's when and when it's in another year. And those decisions typically are made during the and recommended during the summer meetings of the Basketball Committee.
Speaker 7: So the upcoming summer meeting, I think it's going to happen.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any question what that number is, or being a number of different numbers thrown out, but what that number is, who knows, But I think.
Speaker 7: It will be.
Speaker 4: The issue is going to be all of these kinds of things, And we went through that with the college football playoffs, that all of the expansion kinds of things involved revenue generation and what the media outlets are willing to pay and how much more they're willing to pay, and so all of those kinds of things. There's some tricky kinds of things in there, because if there's not a resource in terms of adding revenue, then you're really just flooding the pie smaller.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting so Jim, so you expended to seventy two, you know, seventy three, seventy four, and seventy five will be upset to because there's never a magic number that's going to make every pob So the purpose is what to get more money? Well, it would be the purpose because then it becomes watered down and it's not so special that you made the tournament if you're one hundred teams in.
Speaker 4: See the answer on that is is really yes, yes, and yes, because the idea are going to you'll allow more teams in the tournament, which is you guys both know. You know, once you put that line, whatever that number is, who's ever on the other side of it.
Speaker 7: It's going to be offended. So that's one thing.
Speaker 4: The other purpose is is potentially it's going.
Speaker 7: To be worth more revenue, more games.
Speaker 4: Then trying to figure out, you know, when these games are going to be played in terms of as you as the regular season president goes and comes up against conference tournaments.
Speaker 7: So I don't know, I've got my own personal thing.
Speaker 4: But that part of it, and I've had a lot of conversation with the people involved with college basketball and involved on the committee. Uh, it's it's just the first premise is trying to get more teams to have a chance to play.
Speaker 7: In the quote in the dance, Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was some talk when we were talking to Josh earlier. He mentioned maybe playing you know, more games on Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. You know that would all do just like Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 4: To that part right there, the Dayton would have to be doubled or expanded. There be another site, and certainly most people believe right now, at least the people I talked to, that would be more of a Western site. Uh so that you'd have the Bispey Wednesday doing Dayton.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, Jim, we talked a number of times, and you came from Washington State and we talked about this. When you came here there was that mailbox incident and you you have and you were the ad at the time or leaving the a D I use that only example. If you have five hundred kids, you have your own kids, then you have like five hundred and twenty kids at u of a right because you're all responsible for that and now and that's you must not sleep at night. We talked about that. Every day you go to bed us what could happen. I hope it doesn't happen. Blah blah blah. And now over the weekend, and I'm not sure anything like this ever happened with you at the AD or an administrator. There was a great game, fantastic game to watch, unfortunately Arizona lost, and then you have the student section. It wasn't the fantasy, the student section saying what they said, and you're thinking, now, I'm responsible to clean this up. I mean, it's more than just you being an AD It's like you being something that you shouldn't have to be, Steve.
Speaker 7: It's just it's a public relations nightmare.
Speaker 4: And whether it was Saturday night and that game and what happened, or the any other kinds of things that can come up that you don't even think about. And quite honestly, there's a number of those, as you well know from your background experience, there's a number of things that nobody ever hears about.
Speaker 7: Yes, because make the light of day.
Speaker 4: Now, that's harder in this day and age with social media to not have something come out and something that part of it. But that's a public relationist nightmare because that part involves a different part of the crowd. It involves a whole different kinds of thing, attacking of another school, of a religion, all those kinds of things, and it's just but that's the job and not the only job of an ad. Those things are never those never stop those never ever. I was told when I when I retired here, finished here and went to UNV, I was told, Holy cow, aren't you worried about the gaming situation in Vegas? We probably had fewer gaming situations at UNLB than we did U of A in terms of kinds of things. And of course, you know, I'm not trying to bring up to President State what they're going through, but those those are nightmare kinds of things that happened. And again I thought U of A and Desaree react reacted extremely well out of it, got on it right away and got it out and let it go. Typically, those kinds of things, if they're handled right and early enough, don't grow legs and don't don't extending beyond that.
Speaker 5: I mean, that was that was handled quickly. I mean, I was handled that night. There was there were some statements, and then I mean yesterday it was kind of in the news more yesterday, but that was it. Hopefully that's the end of it.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Yesterday became much more of an issue with Tony and the call.
Speaker 3: Right right, yeah, no question.
Speaker 5: Do you think there's a way that maybe the student section could be moved to the other end of the arena? Would that may make a different where they're closer to the U of a bench and not the visitors bench. Is that I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's a situated like ours. That's that's trickier.
Speaker 4: Uh And it sounds like but who knows, I mean, far be it from me. Uh, those are all there's all kinds of possibilities. That's that's where you really depend upon And guys, remember now I'm not taking credit for it, but Zona Zoos started during my time here. Zona Zoo became an entity during my time. So, uh, it's it's a great group. They do a super job. What you're hoping is you get great leadership because leadership in that group needs to be because they're so good for for the Wildcat basketball, but they also have that part of it. Things can get out of whack pretty quick. So I don't know if that's the problem or not.
Speaker 3: By moving into send letters to Jim because he's the one that started dismissed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please let me get three phrase that.
Speaker 7: There are other places that send letters.
Speaker 5: I try to remember what it was like before.
Speaker 3: Nobody anyway, guys, Yeah, you're right, you're right, no question.
Speaker 7: Nobody put what's a damn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, that's what they cost. I don't even know what they cost.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you another question. Let me ask you another question that you don't have to worry about solving this. But we hear it all the time, and it's just, in my mind not feasible. So you know, everyone loves Duke's sideline with the kids, and that's crazy great for TV. Could you explain to the people that it's just not possible here because those tickets need to be sold to the people with the money.
Speaker 4: It's not possible for a couple of reasons. And and one is the financial There's no question about it. And when you go through and and do the finances of what people are parging now, and then the competitive fee and all these things. But Duke is just an unusual situation because one is an extremely small yes, exactly, that part right there. The ability to control that size of entity is much much easier than any of the arenas, whether it's McHale or whether it's arena as Greek play in the in the Big twelve.
Speaker 7: So, but the finance is part of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know you've watched it, just like this year the first time. This year you have a along with other schools for all good reasons, have those six seats next to the airs on a bench, you know, high high income seats because people want to sit on the floor next to the team.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And those are those are and those are those become even more important now the revenue generation potential of where you're seeing is.
Speaker 5: Right, that's for sure. Those look like pretty prime seats. And I've seen a few people down down there. It's it's like NBA type situations now.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's only six of them, and most schools have done that in the edge. Notice they're only on the home team side. So and there's reason for all that scholarship role and those front seats like that are expensive becoming more expensive and to an number of people, that's really important to sit down there.
Speaker 3: Right right just before we go. You've been doing this a heck of a long time. You have been doing this a long time. What are your your top three priorities now for the grandkids and stuff.
Speaker 4: Number one is keeping my bride happy and there, so that's number one.
Speaker 7: Number two.
Speaker 4: Are making sure that my daughter and son and son in law and daughter in law that that they're they're getting things that they need. And then number three and it jumps up very much for those four grandkids, those of watching making sure the things that I missed when aren't my kids were growing up that I don't miss. So there's very seldom now will I miss some sort of activity, whether it's a sport, an event, or another event that they're involved in. And so Linda and I that's a priority to be there. And whether it's indoors outdoors. You know sometimes in middle school you're playing outdoors basketball and volleyball.
Speaker 7: But see, those are very easy priorities for us.
Speaker 4: I should I should maybe at the top of that list before any of those, because it probably matters is trying to just stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know you're right.
Speaker 5: Are you still golfing part? Are you still playing golf?
Speaker 7: No, I have not played golf.
Speaker 4: The last time I played golf was in the fall of twenty nineteen. Then I had the heart surgery net but it's been with our rights and things, it's hard to do it. I miss it. I used to didn't like it. I loved it. I mean, I love to play. I love the competitive part of it. Some days we're better than others. But I loved it. I haven't played for a long time, and so I missed that part of it. But you know what, Hey, I'm happy. I'm blessed to be doing what I'm doing. I'm to live in this great community, listen to guys like you. Guys talk about athletics and talk about different things, and you know, nobody has the answer to any of these issues right now. People have thoughts that they think if we did this or did that, And I used to get those, not hundreds, but thousands of those ideas. Here's a good idea, here's somebody had to hire, here's somebody had a fire. But here's something you had to do. So nobody has the answer. Athletics interplease. Athletics is too important for the fiber of institutions, for the fiber of what's going on. So I hope it doesn't become Guys. The scariest thing for me on that front is becomes a game that only rich people can play. And by that I mean if your nest egg is big enough, you can compete and play everybody else done, right, Yeah, and unfortunately that looks like it's scare. Yeah, we're scared also some of that, right, I know.
Speaker 5: You're exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, Jim, thanks again for your time as always.
Speaker 4: Anytime, guys, thanks for what you do and go cast.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jim, Jim, I appreciate it. Jim Levin good, of course. Uh, let's take a break, come back, maybe take some.
Speaker 5: Calls, Nisan.
Speaker 12: It's time for the Colo Guard Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Poloma Country Club and the Weston La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson Conquisodor's helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship golf at its finest.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to.
Speaker 12: Join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla Ice and coet So live in concert at Riedo Park. The Colo Guard Classic by Exact Sciences benefiting Colo Rectal cancer awareness in Tucson Youth Sports. Get your tickets and more. At Colo guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by fall Bomb Crowley Investment Group at all Our BC Wealth Management.
Speaker 5: Where do you buy exercise equipment Arizona.
Speaker 14: Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 14: At Nova Home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two o six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven Arizona BKO nine two nine four two equal housing opportunity, gotta comit to Lendrick, syncretic rates and available loan programs, just have.
Speaker 5: Ting to change them.
Speaker 3: Toue hey, two songs Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 8: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress. The Window Depot is here to help. At the Window Depot, we're your one soft warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between.
Speaker 5: You'll find it.
Speaker 8: All here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom or whole home makeover, our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you. Our shop online at the window Deepot dot Com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 15: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, we believe less is more. Les pias mean more money in your pocket. Let's hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less is More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two sund spectrum Pyramid Federal Credit Union, where less is More federally insured and by NCUA, an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 2: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteenth fifding. Want to take part in the show call up Steve now went five to two oh four, one seventy four.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to my on the ball. Here, I'll pluck Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve rivera your Dave Silver one of Controls. We got about what on ten eleven. We've got a car already. Thanks, you're on the Aaron I on the ball.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 16: You know, I take a couple of months off and Arizona lost to be Yu. Yes, it's Gabriel and Arizona should have won that game. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: I was wondering about you because I think I said, things must be going really well because game hasn't called. Now you've called.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, unfortunately, so yeah, let's talk about it. Arizona should have won that game.
Speaker 17: Caleb, Caleb should have should have should have.
Speaker 16: Had that one, that one E Strabaska and all and unnursing all because of that idiot referee that should have been us. That should have not been a foul. But but yeah, thanks a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people got on me. I'm really on Twitter and I said, uh, Arizona may have been robbed here me. It's a journalism word because I can't say yes or no, because what if he was writing, you know, say this, it's a it's a gray word. But and I knew he was didn't foul.
Speaker 5: But what am I?
Speaker 3: I'm a journalist, you know, I can't say. But so Dave, we've watched.
Speaker 5: Enough basketball to realize what's a foul.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's not you know, you know Gabe, I'm not gonna call mister Padilla an idiot. But he was out of he was out a position.
Speaker 5: The referee.
Speaker 3: The referee, yeah, because he called it from the back.
Speaker 16: Yeah I'm here, Yeah, I'm here. He was about sixty feet away where and yeah, and he basically call it and thought that was a foul.
Speaker 17: But that wasn't a foul.
Speaker 16: But yeah, Arizona gout rob and and let.
Speaker 17: Me talk to what happened after the game.
Speaker 7: So there was.
Speaker 4: A lot of don't, don't cut that, don't don't cut.
Speaker 16: I won't, I won't, I won't, I won't.
Speaker 7: So I won't.
Speaker 17: So obviously there was not a scuffle.
Speaker 16: That was but there was a lot of mouth the off words. But the people who thought it was the b YU players and that would be and the b y.
Speaker 17: U players basically.
Speaker 16: Gave the Zona Zoo the the l that you're a loser and uh, and the.
Speaker 17: Zona Zoo students basically said.
Speaker 16: The Mormons, I mean, I mean, I don't want.
Speaker 17: To defend the zone. As you listen to all the b y U fans listen, if you're gonna, if you're.
Speaker 16: Gonna dish out, then you're gonna take it. Stop being offended about stop being offended.
Speaker 17: Just because the Zona Zoo basically said.
Speaker 16: The Mormons, come on, it's gonna if you're gonna dish out, gonna take it.
Speaker 5: The only thing that I saw, again I wasn't there, but I was watching on TV, was some of the b YU players are kind of waving at the fans like, you know, bye bla, we just beat you, you know, And then I think things started to escalate, and that's maybe when the chance began. But there was a little of that, not to defend anything that the fans were screaming was you know, it is terrible, but there was a little bit of back and forth at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: Gabe appreciate the call keep calling back, not just on tough times.
Speaker 17: Anytime, anytime. Love to love to talk to you guys.
Speaker 16: Now I'm going to go back.
Speaker 17: In my bunker, buy you guys bird down there.
Speaker 16: I'm a go cat.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, a lot of fans in the bunkers.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't defend what he just said because it was bad and whether they give or take or whatever, it's it's bad for everybody. It just is, you know, it's like saying, you know, things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know again hearing from from Jim Live and good who you know led to athletic departments not just here but in other the universities. I'm sure he ran up to someone like he said, like you said, every day you just never know to exist. I don't like us in the news business. You just never know. And sometimes that's just part of what happens in athletics professional college. But certainly, you know, in a small town like this, you know, it kind of hits hard. It's like, really, that's how we're going to be looked at. You know, nationally, they're going to think, oh, well, u of a and you know, bunch of racists and they're screaming like that. You know, it's not a good look for the school. So did they got it out?
Speaker 3: Did you read the apology?
Speaker 5: You read it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a lot of people too, and everybody. You know, you put twelve people in a room and half you said they liked, half they didn't. You're not going to please everybody. A lot of people said they was just a disingenuous not really a sincere YadA YadA from desiree. She she apologized, I mean, what else did you want? What else? What do they want her to say? It was bad? She said, sorry, who we are?
Speaker 5: And you know it's one of those things too. I've got most of my friends are not in Tucson and this and this is what they see, you know, excuse me. You know they'll see something like this and that's when I get the text. What's going on with your school?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Right? You know?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, especially in your in your former line of work, you know, this is what we're supporting. The thing about it, and I wanted to clarify it because even that a coworker at my place was jokes, is how are you?
Speaker 4: How are how are they doing this that you're the school you cover? I don't know, we praised it. This is well, let me tell you, it's not the fans. It's the students, right, It's the students. And it's always the students.
Speaker 3: You know, there might be others that kind of joined in, but it was the students who started it and continue to be a loud Juan, Who's Who's a perfect example of the of of seeing it kind of maybe being part of it earlier. He he knows and not surprised, right, I'm not surprised, Like you said at the beginning of the of the show.
Speaker 6: No, especially when Arizona loses, you you'll get those chants when it's a big time game, you know, the rivalry is like U c. L A back in the day issue every year, or even when you get a team like Tennessee. We here a couple of years ago. I think tommy second year. There were some chance it was a good game. There were some chance. Yeah, And it's it's just it's a one of those bad parts of the sports world that it.
Speaker 5: Just happened all something to be passionate, but maybe you just want to, you know, not go.
Speaker 3: Over the exactly. Well, you guys follow soccer. Do you follow soccer a little bit? So I know that Blake does. I think Blake does.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the stuff they say that they shut it down, right, Uh, they shut it down and said we're not gonna put up with this crowd, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, there was all kinds of problems in Africa and places like that, or with the African American athletes or black athletes. You know, that's been a terrible problems in that sport for a long time.
Speaker 3: Right, right, and and and and that's a that's a stadium of wherever they're at.
Speaker 5: It's not just a side that's that's the town. And I don't think Tuson wants to be known for that. And again, it's kind of tarnishes the reputation.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem, Dave, and like you used to be used to go chase the money to support this to how do you undo? How do you put the toothpaste back in the in the in the in the do?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't have an answer for that. I think you just have to kind of let it, let it ride for a little bit and just you know, let it calm down. And unfortunately, we've got another game coming up this week, and you know, the fans can act better, and I'm will probably be some messaging, you know amongst the Zona Zoo, like Jim was just talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there definitely will be.
Speaker 6: After the spinning incident with U C l A, Yeah, there was messages, there were there was extra security there, especially at the tunnel. There's there's gonna be stuff like that come uh Wednesday night, and especially in about a week or so when the sun Devils come to town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well let me tell you exactly. You you clarified what you were saying when they lose. Yeah, So if they don't lose Wednesday, you're not gonna hear very much right when they do. Are they gonna lose intent in this place anymore this year? Probably not so. But when they lose, that's when it escalates.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: I was in a football you're not there.
Speaker 6: There's way worst chance that you just don't hear. The students can as the stadium so big, you just don't hear it.
Speaker 3: Did you go to games as a student? Did you go as recently as a two football?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So did you hear you're across the way?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Yeah, but I'm usually across the way, and usually the noise I hear is from behind me more than it is across the way. I didn't really notice that much during from from the zone a zoo section. Maybe they do there, and again it's pretty portions of the zoo. Yeah, you're like, oh, why you saying that?
Speaker 6: You have half the zoo saying that, Yeah, you have half the ones actually watching the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a weird environment for football. Yeah, I mean, like I think I told you before, you know, I went to Yankee Stadium last year. We talk about fans and some of the stuff coming out of Sure, the fans there and you're just sitting in the upper deck and it's loud, but you know, they'll pick up on something and they'll chant and they'll cheer. But it's not like you know what we saw the other day. Yeah, it's pretty disious, not right, just not right. So we'll see what happens. But I agree with you, they'll be messaging, there'll be more security up. It's like when people try to fix things after the problems already happened. What's your point now, so you know that was gonna happened. Didn't they do that with the spinning then, like they have some security guys just walking the aisles the entire game.
Speaker 6: That game there was the spinning incident, but then there was also chance. So they had the video board saying please don't do this, please please act respectfully.
Speaker 5: Where the PAC twelve, Like.
Speaker 3: I say, if they don't have cameras up in that those rafters pointing at that area for you know, four or five cameras point out there just to just to say who's throwing stuff and who's probably not saying stuff because it's probably too too loud to hear it. But the throwing things and creating problems, that's and who knows, they may already do that to eliminate some of the people that are in there.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: A lot of times too, the you know, your fellow fan will turn on you too, Like if you're the one throwing the bottle onto the crowd, into the crowd, you're yeah, they're pointing at him, you know, get him out of here, so that you know they have to have.
Speaker 3: Like so you remember the time someone through a bottle cheerleader, right, I think they solve that issue, but that's happens. That happens.
Speaker 6: I think one way you could possibly fix this is actually have a signed seating.
Speaker 5: You know exactly who's more likely sitting.
Speaker 6: Do the card How do you do the cards? Do you reserve? You swipe and first come, first serve? Oh so you reserve to get in, yes, and you sit wherever you can if you come there first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, but you know who's in the building, you.
Speaker 6: Know who's in the you don't know where they're at in you know, you can probably narrow it down to that section. But that's what, right, five hundred students maybe maybe that's a solvet I think, you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's gonna have to be those hidden cameras inside and just tell them, hey, you know we're watching, we're watching.
Speaker 3: And let them know that we're watching, because it will prevent it. People maybe sometimes don't care that you're watching.
Speaker 5: But you know, the camera is one thing. But if they're just chanting, I don't know who's doing that, people are going to scream. You know, how do you stop that? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, we got to go good show today. Thanks Dave, see Wednesday. Thank you want. We'll see you Wednesday Wednesday, and I'll see you guys tomorrow. Thanks a bunch