Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, let's keep rolling here. We are talking about the incident on Saturday night at the Chick fil A restaurant in Copley Square, in the shadow of the Trinity Church, across the street from the Boston Public Library, looking out on Copley Plaza itself. In an individual allegedly wielding a knife chased a couple of people who sought I guess shelter in the Chick fil A. According to the news reports I saw tonight on Channel four and Channel five, and that individual was confronted by a Boston police officer. The Boston police officer told the individual to drop the knife, identified himself as a police officer. According to reports, the individual did not drop the knife. Have no idea. I have to assume that that he did something which threatened someone else or the police officer himself, and the police officer fired and the individuals pronounced that at a hospital. Later. Mayor WU of the City of Boston did not in any way, shape or form disappoint her progressive base. When this is cut number forty one, this is the short version of it. Actually, I'm going to be fair to the Mayor here, let's use the cut forty one a for those of you who are just joining us. Her concern was not initially the mental health of the police officer the safety of the people whose lives might have been saved. She focused on condolences to the family of the knife wielder. This has cut forty one a rub.
Speaker 3: My convolences and all of our thoughts are with the family of the individual whose life's been lost. And I am also thinking of all the people who are impacted here today in one of the busier parts of the city with this tragedy. Glad that the officer is safe, and very grateful for a quick response from all of our first responders. Here again, I'm such an active part of Boston.
Speaker 1: Grateful for the response of the first responders. Well yeah, okay, what about grateful for the quick actions of the police officer that may have saved lives. Now again the mayor is wired where her first condolences are going to the knife wielder. Channel five tonight was reporting that this guy had a not a serious criminal record, but a fairly lengthy criminal in the sense that he robbed a woman at night point, allegedly, according to court documents, that Channel five was referring to outside of an MBTA station. Also, I don't know if it was on four or five. His girlfriend of ten years said he was a wonderful guy, though apparently at one point she took out a restraining order against him. On and on and on it goes. It just doesn't stop. I you know again, we want to be nice people. I don't celebrate the death of anyone, but that police officer was put in a position that he had to defend other people. And why is the condolences to the family of the victim. The family of the victim, to their credit, on one of the stations tonight, said there that they were praying for the family of the police officer. Now that's a good family from which this guy gave came. In my opinion, for them to say that, I probably would not have had as charitable response if it was me. Back to the phones, we go. We're going to go to dot and Medford Dot. We'll have strong opinions on this. Go ahead, Dot.
Speaker 4: Hi, Well you're definitely on the right side.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just unbelievable that she does not have a clue. She doesn't want to have a clue. Because if she had a clue, she would have appreciated that office. She couldn't show any appreciation to him.
Speaker 1: Lord would have upset her progressive base.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she's pathetic. She's actually kind of stupid. I mean, I imagine, Well, she gets home, the husband has plenty to say about some of the stuff she pulls off.
Speaker 1: Well, we have no idea about that sort of conversation at all. Dot. All I can do is just say that I don't understand how someone who is in a position where she and her family. I assume I might be wrong here, but I'm going to go out on a limb. Dot, I would bet that the mayor and her family are guarded by Boston Police officers.
Speaker 6: Do you think I'm wrong on that?
Speaker 4: Astely?
Speaker 7: Are?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now, I'm sure that the mayor of any major city has some wacker doodles who will, you know, try to approach the mayor with all sorts of and at times they have to be kept at bay. And I'm sure that sadly there there are people out there who would do stupid things like calling up and issuing a threat, and the mayor deserves to be protected, and the mayor's family deserves. She is young child. But you would think that the mayors above all would say, hey, look these men and women of all backgrounds, straight, gay, you know, black and white, Asian, Hispanic. They've taken, you know, an oath of office and part of that oath of officers to protect her and her family. You would think that they would be a level of appreciation.
Speaker 4: But you would think so, you would.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, so Dot you're telling me I'm not totally insane to think that.
Speaker 4: No, No, you're absolutely right. I mean, she really I hope they do a good job on her down in Washington.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be an interesting Wednesday. We'll be talking about that. I'm sure. I'm sure we'll be talking about that one on Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, sure, Yeah. Maybe they'll smarten her up a little. I doubt it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think what happens is that that certain politicians kind of drink the kool aid. And there are crazy politicians on the right too, who you know, I think of Marjorie Taylor Green and some of these people have say some outrageous things. So it's not just the wack of doodles on the far left on the progressive Democrats. I just think that there are people who play to their base, and they're happy with their base and realize that. And maybe it's because the base of these two parties vote that that the Democratic base gets out the Republican base and a lot of people in the middle choose not to vote. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what they gotta do it, but I'll tell you, I hope she smattens up a little bit. She's really pathetic.
Speaker 1: We would hope banks do. I appreciate it, all right, soon, good one, good night. Going to keep rolling here, Going to go to Pete in South Carolina. Hey, Pete, welcome back.
Speaker 8: How are you, Hey, Dan? I'm fine. How are you?
Speaker 1: This story made, by the way, I hope you're not in the in the fire areas?
Speaker 8: No, no, no no, they are four hours north of me, up by Myrtle Beach. I'm fine, but thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, has this story about the shooting here? Made it? Made it into the news?
Speaker 8: Made I made it in And this is what I'm going to throw something back at you that you always say elections have consequences, and this is a consequence that should come up when she's up for reelection. She's I've listened to your cuts and I saw some of her video on one of the TV stations I watched down here, and I'm sorry she's she came in from left field. Yeah, and I feel bad for the people.
Speaker 1: Way out, way out over by the foul line in left field, I think is where she plays.
Speaker 8: Well, that's about it, but I feel sorry for the police department because they took second fiddle to some guy who was trying to hurt people.
Speaker 1: Well, the police commissioner, the police commissioner who the mayor appointed, according to press reports that have read, basically said kind of the same thing.
Speaker 8: I'll see that I didn't hear. Obviously, I don't get that kind of stuff down here. But I just feel sorry for the police officer. Uh took some of my thunder, But that police offer has to live with that for the rest of his life. And it's tragic, it really is for him and his family because it, like you said, the police officer identified himself, dropped a knife, didn't drop the knife. Boom. Unfortunate things happened. But your mayor is just terrible. I can't believe you would do that.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a whole bunch of those mayors around the country.
Speaker 8: Oh, I know that who seemed to.
Speaker 1: Have that same attitude. You know, it's like, right, they make the assumption they were work from the assumption that the police has to be a stereotype of Derek Chauvin, that they're all the same. You know, it's like, I don't get I don't understand. And again, as I said to Don, men and women, the bus police department guard rightfully. So Mayor wound her family.
Speaker 8: That's right. And look at the the the what you will call it for protection that Pelosi gets out in San Francisco and she's there, she's got her own little compound. But anyway, I don't want to take up a lot of your time because I'm an out of state caller, but I just I can hear it in your voice. You're really upset. And I don't know when she's up for your elections. But they do have concerts this year, this year, this year. I'll have to keep listening.
Speaker 1: I would hope, I would hope. As a matter of fact, the only candidate that I'm aware of that's a serious childallenger to her right now is Josh Kraft, who's the son of Patriots owner robber Craft.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, okay, uh. Like I said, now that I know what's going on, I'll pay a little bit more attention and read the Globe when I can pull it up online, and obviously listen to the night Side.
Speaker 1: I got you. You got you covered there, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Thanks, thanks, appreciate it, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I have a great night. Get by all right, Pete in South Carolina. We'll take a very quick break here. I'll be back with more phone calls. I got one line at six one, seven, two four, ten thirty one at six one, seven, nine, three thirty your reaction to the shooting at a Chick fil A and Copley Square, those of you who are listening out of town. Copley Square is sort of the equivalent of Times Are Times Square. It's not quite as glamorous, but it's really this the core center of the commercial district here in Boston, and it's it's in the shadow of Trinity Church. It's across from the Boston Public Library, across from the Copley Plaza hotel. It looks out on Copley Plaza. It's a it's a it's a great part of the city. It's it's the heart of the Back Bay, which is really also the heart of Boston, and the mayor's response to this to me is unfathomable. Unfathomable. We'll be back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to the call. It's going to go to Joe In. Joe you are next time Nightside. Appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dan, thank you for taking my call. Okay, I respectfully disagree with you on this, but we have our opinions and that's why you let us call. Sure. My friend and I from Brighton, we're talking about have you heard of the burnet SD. It's a new product for people that can if they're in a situation, they can stop a person but not hurt him. I don't like to see anybody get killed. This guy may have had mental illness. I wish the police officer it uses high projectiles or tear gas, anything you want. I think you might be interested in that you can protect yourself. I think if he had used that or a taser, that may have stopped him. Because years ago in Waltham.
Speaker 1: Here's the hold on Joe for a second. Okay, so I don't know what was the first item that you mentioned that went by me too quickly.
Speaker 5: Some sort of on all the news stations, the burner SD launcher. Look it up. I think you'll find it.
Speaker 1: It's fast to me. What is a burner SD launcher? Why don't you explain that to me?
Speaker 5: Okay, It's a device. If people are attacked, they can shoot. It's not a weapon. It's considered not a weapon by law enforcement. It's a pistol shape, but it uses projectiles or tear gas and it works within fifty to sixty feet. It can hurt you and put you down, but it won't.
Speaker 1: So why don't we just disarm the police officers? This guy's an off duty police officer.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, And.
Speaker 1: If we're if we're very concerned about what has happened here, why don't we disarm all the police officers and give them whatever this is SD? You said, what was it called SD?
Speaker 5: What berner b y r NA SD.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I don't say we should disarm them, but.
Speaker 1: Why I mean, if this guy hit the disarm, he's carrying his service revolver as he has a right to do off duty and if he didn't have the service revolver, the guy they shot would never have been been killed. Right?
Speaker 5: What about if he used a taser? Could he have taken him down that way? I don't like me. I'm just bringing them.
Speaker 1: So if you want the off duty police officers not to carry weapons or not to have weapons, but to carry tasers.
Speaker 5: No, they can carry weapons only if they need resort, not use the first resort.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a situation where you were confronted with someone with a knife.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: I'm very lucky. They're very lucky, and I hope you never are. This guy's a trained police officer. Okay, he's in a Chick fil A, off duty, off duty, and this guy comes in wielding a knife, apparently pursuing a couple of people that he chased into the into the set of circumstances into into the Chick fil A. So if the police officer had the presence of mind to have said, gentlemen, gentlemen, please please, we are in a Chick fil A which has the best chicken sandwiches anyone could buy. Let me offer. No. What I'm saying is you're talking, You're talking fantasy and this guy comes in with a knife. The cops says, I'm a police officer, drop the knife. The guy doesn't. An isis act that the guy probably came at the cop with the knife. Lit see with the investigation report shows.
Speaker 5: Oh sure yea.
Speaker 1: The assumption by these political progressives is that every cop is named Derek Chauvin, every cop spent nine minutes on the knee of a guy named George Floyd. They see just as as people who are racist, and see all Asian people are all white people, are all black people as the same. They look at police officers irrespective of what their color is or what their their their you know, their ethnic background is. If they're wearing blue and there's there's a shooting, our condolences are going out to the heart, from our heart to going out to the family of the victim. Isn't that a statement that that appalls you.
Speaker 5: She should have apologized to the police, said the police office officer. And she she should have said, my condolences are going out to everybody involved. I think that would have been a little better.
Speaker 1: Why condolences The only person who's dead is the guy that pulled the knife on people.
Speaker 5: Well, the police officer has to live with that for the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: Right, you don't need he doesn't need condolences. Uh, he needs to be to deal with you know, PTSD post traumatic Yes that Yeah, so he doesn't need condolences. The word is the condolences. Condolences? Who's when I hear Joe that that you know your cousin died in an automobile accident. Joe, my condolences to you for the death of your cousin. You know that's Joe. I will we'll just agree to disagree in this one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I ask one more question? Can I ask one more quick questions? Years ago, I was living in an other city, there was a knife fight in Waltham. Now I'm not saying it's right. It was in a bar. I don't know there's any difference these, but a bunch of police went in and stopped it and separated and got them out. Is there a difference between that and what this guy was doing? Now this is only one man. Of course, there are other police officers that could back each other up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: You just you explained the differences. This is a set of circumstances in which the police officer has to make a split second decision. Not only is he concerned for his own physical safety, but he's concerned for the safety of it looked as if did you see the Well you didn't see because you're blind, but there were pictures of people running out of the Chick fil.
Speaker 5: A, Okay, because I didn't see it. No, I just heard on the notes. All right, Dan, I appreciate you're taking my call.
Speaker 1: Difference soon, good night. Let me keep rolling here, going to go to Christine and Denham. Christine, how are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 10: Are you Dan?
Speaker 1: Little frustrated, but I'm glad you called.
Speaker 10: I just try to say, my hat goes out to that crop and I the workers and the customers who all saw that. Back the blue, please, everybody needs to back the blue.
Speaker 1: Well, you know we we have on this country. We have for years celebrated disrespect to the blue. And there have been a lot of police officers who have lost their lives, and a lot of police officers who are of all backgrounds, you know, white police officers, black police officers, Hispanic police officers. As a matter of fact, I think if you actually do a deep dive, you realize that because newer police officers tend to be minority categories classifications. They are often dealing with the most dangerous jobs, working overnights and all of that. And you know we've highlighted, you know, some of the police officers who have lost their lives. I did a commentary it has to be I don't know ten years ago or when when Black Lives Matter was was really rolling, and there were three young African Americans who was shot during a period of about four or five days. One was from Philadelphia, one was from Atlanta, and the third was from a city in Louisiana that I I can't remember. They were all black guys, you know, in their in their mid thirties. They're all police officers. I didn't see any sort of a press release that their their lives mattered from Black Lives Matter, you know, it became political and I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 10: And why can't we open remember how we had all the mental state mental hospitals that we all we always used to have. Why can't they open them and help them out, like get these people help, like reopen all these hospitals.
Speaker 1: No, there was a there was a political move in Massachusetts which essentially said that it was that they they basically deinstitutionalized people, and they deinstitutionalize people to the streets of Massachusetts. And we now see that maybe that great social experiment hasn't worked. And and then you know, you know this guy, if you watch the two local TV stations tonight four or five, you probably saw that there were this guy had plenty of uh interactions with the with law enforcement and with the courts. UH. And you know, I mean, if I don't know about you, I think I know you well enough to know that if I get a parking ticket, I'm terrified that it's going to be uh that I'm going to somehow lose it, or I'm going to send the check and it's not going to get to the right place, and then I'm going to have to, you know, have my register. You know, I'm a law follower. Okay. I don't want police officers to bully anybody, but I want police officers to do their job. And this guy did his job.
Speaker 6: Exactly, all right.
Speaker 10: I hope I'm helping well.
Speaker 1: I hopefully he doesn't need help. Hopefully he can understand it, maybe by listening to a program. Later, this realized that the vast majority of people support police. Uh, we don't support police if they go rogue, as Derek Chauvin did. But Derek Chauvin doesn't represent the vast majority of police officers in this country, although many wanted to depict him as such.
Speaker 10: Right, story, Yeah, I have okay story if I can tell you One time I was young, I was in talent my sister and her now her my brother in law, and we were shocking, al humeless. Lady thought we stole a bag from her and she's chased us with an umbrella. She was trying to hit my sister over the head. My brother in law came out of the store and was like, what the heck is going on? So they grabbed the crops of the crop and they knew who she was and the rested her right away. He was screaming and yelling.
Speaker 6: Oh it was so cierri. That was.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the big city. Thanks Christine, gotta run, Thank you much. Talk to you soon. There comes the news just a couple of minutes later. Always good to talk with Christine. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: It's Night Side, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: By the way, the district Attorney Kevin Hayden, who is who is doing his best to channel Rachel Rawlins said, our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the individual who was lost. I mean the individual who was lost. It sounds like somebody who was hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire fell down a ravine. That's the district attorney, Kevin Hayden. Okay, let's keep rolling here. I'm going to go real quickly to Larry in Sherborne. Larry, you were next on nightside. I appreciate you taking the time to call Larry. Welcome.
Speaker 11: Okay, Dan, I actually live in Millis, but was on the Sherborne place in the Falmouth and also military, and most of my experience with taking firearms was actually in the military. And that included eleven of them where they were armed on the scene, and eight of nine of them were murders.
Speaker 1: And you you were you were in the military and you killed eight of nine enemy.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, I didn't kill any of them. I responded to eleven calls where people were armed on the scene. Okay, I got you that eight of them were actually murders where they were still on the scene.
Speaker 1: Wow. Were were you in military police?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm retired from that. Also, I spent twenty two years in that plug.
Speaker 1: Okay, So take your experience, and take your experience and overlay it on what you know about the Boston police shooting on Saturday, late Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 11: Okay, to begin with, I visued a warning too about to an individual. Although I was in uniform, I had an advantage there. Yeah, But I arrived at the scene with another guy. We had four more cops arriving, so I wasn't alone, but there were There was a gentleman laying dead on his back with a bullet hole in his chest, and eighteen feet in front of between me and him was the individual was armed with an M sixteen rifle and who had just shot it. We even heard the shots. We were in the neighborhood, you know, just talking to somebody else and when we heard the shots, So we were there very quickly.
Speaker 1: You in the military or civilian at this point?
Speaker 12: Uh No, I was.
Speaker 11: I did civilian later on a federal contract, but I was military at that point.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, so what did you guy, what do you guys do in that situation?
Speaker 11: Well, basically, his back was to us. He was turned sideways and basically the words and I'll put a blank on other words, you can figure out what it is. My exact words to him was you'll move, I'll blow your blank head off. And he dropped the gun. We put him against the wall and handcuffed him and it took him well without incident. Okay, good, But that's and I've had another case in the Colorade.
Speaker 1: What a more interested in Larry's How would your experience in these situations? What would your assessment be of what? Obviously you weren't there? But this guys in a fast food chain in Copley Square, he's in civilian clothes, as you mentioned, he's got his service weapon with him. Incomes of two people who were escaping this guy. Uh, and the guy comes in with a knife. I don't know what happened, but I'm assuming that that he didn't wake up yesterday morning or Saturday morning. Sam, I'm gonna kill somebody today. How would you describe how do you think that went down?
Speaker 11: Well? I think the police officers isn't what he had to do, because I'll tell you if that guy hadn't drop that, I would have shot him.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's yeah, that's that's what's most.
Speaker 11: At glad I didn't have to, but if it was necessary, I'd have to resort to what I had to do to protect myself and others.
Speaker 1: Exactly, That's exactly. I just don't understand why people now seem to be so skeptical. I mean, you know, if this is, uh, you know, some kid who was down an alley way unarmed and the cop shot him, you're going to say, well, you know, maybe obviously that's not a good situation. But this is in front of probably dozens of witnesses, and yet still the default position of our political leaders in our district attorney is condolences to the family of the man who died.
Speaker 11: And incidentally, I may mention one in Denver, Colorado, New Year's Eve nineteen seventy one to seventy one, we had a call these five guys that jumped on one and cut him with the straight razer right across the neck. Yeah, and we were in the neighborhood. I got the guy myself and my partner got the guy coming out of the door, and he pulled the straight raizer on us. We were carrying night sticks, so I put my nightstick across the hand that had a straight raiser broke all four of his fingers. That was the only injury he ended up having. But if I didn't have the night stick.
Speaker 12: Out of shot him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he came at me with a straight razor, and.
Speaker 1: A straight razor up close and personal can do a lot of damage. Larry, I gotta keep rolling. Thank you so much for calling in. If you called here with a straight razor, I know have you called in before? No?
Speaker 11: Uh, yes, I have called before.
Speaker 1: Well keep calling.
Speaker 11: I believe you probably know me any way way back from your former residence.
Speaker 1: So yeah, No, I was kind of putting things together as we talked. Always great to hear your voice. Thanks so much.
Speaker 11: I thought i'd contribute that anyway. I won't tell you up because I could go on and on and.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay. All I'm just saying is.
Speaker 11: What that police officer did. He did what he needed to do to protect himself as well as the other people are there and that individual, and I'm I had the thought the guy probably does have a mental health problem.
Speaker 1: I got it, Larry, I got I got packed lines and I enjoyed get Thanks. I appreciate it. Let me go next to Mike and Newton, Mike next on Nightsager right.
Speaker 12: Ahead, A damn the few things that want to mention him, as well as the question I have, So you're one of your previous calls Joe, he had mentioned the fact that he would have liked to have seen the guy subdued by other means. Okay, that's that's all. Well, I'm good, Okay. Now, I've never been a cop. I know if you I know if you're Boston cops. I know a few stadies okay, and I know your brother's on the job. But I'm not going to get into all that. Okay, Okay, So guy's off duty. Okay, he's out either with his buds or running errands or what have you. Okay, when these guys go out Boston, I don't know how it works for the departments, but Boston cops, they some of them do carry when they're off. They have to have their badge with them. The way I am to stand the policy, and they're their their standard issue is the is the clock nine millimeter? But anyway, well, when this guy's out, okay, he has got time to put his entire arsenal on his on on his waist or yeah, yeah, he might have his piece. He might, he might might have his coups. He definitely has his badge in case he has to flash it. Okay, but you know he can't he put he can't put all a lot of crap on his mas his stun gun, extra clip, maybe an extra clip. But you know he hasn't got time to put all that crap.
Speaker 1: Bulletproof, his bulletproof best, the whole yards, the old nine yard.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly right. He hasn't had time. You know, he wants to walk around a feeling a.
Speaker 1: Little comment down, now, comment down, No need to.
Speaker 12: Say I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you maybe, but my bosses might not be with that one. Okay, go ahead, Well what a man?
Speaker 7: What is?
Speaker 1: Put him on hold and explain to him what he said. Okay, and we'll keep rolling here. We got to take a quick break on Nightside. Coming right back.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to Mike. Mike, I think you know what you said. So let's continue real quickly though, because we're running out of.
Speaker 8: Being loose.
Speaker 12: So long story short, that this guy and I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna I'm gonna take on a good fake that maybe this guy had mental issues.
Speaker 8: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 12: I wasn't there, you weren't there, you know, I don't know. Cop probably had to do what he had to do. Unfortunately, he it came down to putting a bullet maybe two, maybe two rounds to him. I don't know, but I do have But I do have one one question. Though the mayor has been mentioned a show times in this situation, what's the deal with her? Aside from the fact that she's she's that she runs the police and uh, well we talked.
Speaker 1: Well, if you've listened to the show for the last couple of hours, her instinct was to offer the condolences, uh to the to to the family of the guy that was shot. Yeah, I mean I could. I could play it real quickly, and I'm going to do it because you're called in late rob real quickly here. Just play forty one, forty one, even for me forty one.
Speaker 3: Even My condolences and and all of our thoughts are with the family of the individual whose life has been lost.
Speaker 1: Condolences to the person whose family life has been lost the guy that was wielding the knife, simple as that right tone deaf tone deaf Mike, I got to run here, I got pack lines. Okay, gotta run, thank you, good knife. Okay, you guys have all called in late, so you gotta be quick. I'm going to try to get everyone in. It's gonna be tough. Gonna start with you, Danielle, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Two quick things.
Speaker 13: A couple of callers. Ago is his name, Dan, the guy that calls all the time. He was the one that was disagreeing with you. And you know, my question to him is what if it was you? I mean, you're gonna expect the cop to stop and think about it. And the guy just before me, he kind of said what I was thinking, like, these guys don't carry around and are you know, all different cools. They have a split second to think about it. He did what he's what he was supposed to do as far as warning him and all that. He's a trained professional. I know what berna is and I've looked at one for myself. Something that's not a train police officer. That maybe if I was in a situation walking to my car and someone you know, but that's not for a trained police officer. And and the.
Speaker 1: Give the police officer a sling shot or a.
Speaker 13: Bun and the other the man that just called in that was military. He hit the nail on the head when he said these guys like he said, I didn't he's like I would have shot him.
Speaker 14: I didn't.
Speaker 13: I wouldn't have wanted to. These guys are human. They go home to their family. Do you think he's this This poor guy feels great right now knowing that he killed somebody. Of course, this is the date suffer from this. And know a lot of cops that have been in tough situations and you know, shout up at fatalities, bad accidents, and they suffer. I mean, it's not make a gang member. So anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Just did not all named Derek Chauvin. The Left has tried to portray every police officer in this country Derek Chauvin or a potential.
Speaker 13: Derek chau But you know what, I have a Michelle wu type that lives across from me at home, and they're the ones with the defund the police signs or whatever.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 13: Police are home on their lawns, but they're the first ones to call if something's going on in the neighborhood. I mean, the first ones.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like.
Speaker 1: In two minutes. Thank you, good night, Satchi and Soga. You gotta be quick, Saty, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Hi Dan, I just want to say, I want to support the gentleman who called Joe Uh. I think it's that's the use of you know, fools. The reason is, you know, the mayor, the doctor, sorry, the police chief and that would not just come out and say I'm so you know, we condolences. So there has to be a more than one reason. Maybe the officer acted really fast. There are a lot of countries they don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe the officer had no choice but to act fast.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe you.
Speaker 1: See how the investigation, see how the satch Okay, you can speculate, I can speculate. We'll see how the investigation comes out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on the string you mentioned, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: In India they carry a stick, not a gun. In Australia they don't carry guns.
Speaker 1: Maybe they maybe they Maybe what we should do I can tell where you're coming from, Sachi. Maybe what we should have them do is carry I don't know, tennis rackets, you know, or or some thing that that wouldn't kill people. That would be that would be wonderful. And so then when they're out on the street some night at midnight because you've been in a car accident and some guy with a gun is threatening you and wants to shoot you because by mistake you were ended him, you know, in a car accident, and the police comes along, he can have his tennis racket to try to defend you from the guy shooting you. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, okay, No, that's.
Speaker 1: Enough Satue for now, because they got two more. I got to get to as well. And you're into that was nuts. Do me a favor, call me back a little earlier. I really want to have some longer conversations with you, Satch, I really do.
Speaker 6: Thank you, then, thank you, have a good night.
Speaker 1: Joe is in Cambridge. Joe, bring me back to reality.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, damn.
Speaker 8: I don't believe these callers.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody now know why people get elected in Massachusetts.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, unbelievable.
Speaker 14: Well, anyway, I I want to start off saying I feel for the police officer. I know I know what it feels like firsthand. Not myself, but I have family retired police that were involved in that situation, exact situation, and it takes it does take a toll in the family, and especially I'm the police officer, and people need to understand that. So for you know, that whack a doodle, that's my opinion of the mayor. For her to make that comment is just beyond me. But I'm not, No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: And you know what it is. What it is, Joe, it's a mindset. Go ahead and make it other point and then I gotta I.
Speaker 14: Got real quick, yep, and real quick.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: The other couple of callers, the one that mentioned about.
Speaker 14: That burner gun. Listen, that's a pepper jail ball. It's not tear gash. And you know they're a little hard pell of they're not gonna it's not gonna stop. And the police officers off duty, he's not carrying all these crinkets.
Speaker 9: He's good as off duty.
Speaker 8: He's good at study, Rover.
Speaker 9: And second thing people even understand is that thing called a twenty one foot rule, which by the way, was tested in about twenty sixteen and ever in that ever police shooting where you know they say about one point five seconds it takes for a person to run twenty one feet. You know that was that was already thrown out the window in that twenty sixteen shooting and Everett. As a matter of fact, I think they've extended that now. That police officer was in full sprint backwards when that attacker came at him, and even then he just missed missed, you know, cutting him.
Speaker 1: So all right, Joe, I got to run one o the caller. You guys calling late and I can't give you more time. So and you got a call earlier.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks Joe, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I have a great night, James, and Dearry New Hampshire. You're the last of the night. I got about a minute for you.
Speaker 8: James, go right ahead, so listen, I just got a real quick comic. Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 8: Okay, So I.
Speaker 7: Have law enforcement experience on the West Coast. People are forgetting one thing. If this guy had not done what he did and he decided to go hands on with this guy and he got stabbed, and then the guy went on to kill several other people, they would have been wondering why he didn't shoot him.
Speaker 1: Of course, couldn't agree with you more, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Bottom line, they would have, they would have been they would have been crying foul.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well maybe some of our politicians would not have been. They wouldn't have been shedding tears, but publicly they would have been saying the right thing. Uh, it's don't thank thank god you live in the state of New Hampshire where you have governors like Sinunu and ar simple as that.
Speaker 8: Absolutely absolutely thanks James.
Speaker 1: Hey, you've never called me before, right, No.
Speaker 7: I called you three times before we actually got into a good thing about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: But I keep calling the show man. Appreciate it very much. I do.
Speaker 7: When I get out at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 12: I we're going to major hospital system in Boston.
Speaker 7: When I get out of eleven, I can call you.
Speaker 1: Thank you much, appreciate it. We're done for the night. Remember if you missed any of our program, particularly on nine o'clock news tonight, go tomorrow, go tonight or well tomorrow. Once Robin has posted the nine o'clock hour with Krene Hagar Hagar of the Hajar Heyjar, I should say, has Jar excuse me of the Boston Globe. It was a great hour. I will be on night side Facebook nights Side with Dan ray in just a moment. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my Pelle, Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago last month. That's where all your pets are past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see get Themorrow night on Nightside. I'll be on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray in just a couple of minutes. Have a great Tuesday, everybody. Thank you, Rob, thank you Maria,