Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell. Manna Ka.
Speaker 3: Ninem god Way, stay the nicety prey Bendyconnell, keeping your real sadda.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: But welcome, Welcome to a Monday edition of the show. I don't care that it was basically a guinea game against a bunch of guys on the practice squad.
Speaker 6: I don't care thirty eight nothing against the best bats in the league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 7: That is an excellent way to put it.
Speaker 4: Ain't you excellent? Get dominated?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, dare I say the game was a little boring in the second half. I was a little beer horse. I was just saying I was a little bored. I was perfectly fine with the highlight reel on this one. Yeah, I'm not looking to give to horse in the mouth. And I'm excited about this, as all Bronco fans should be. But then we have to go to Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Dang it, Pucha.
Speaker 5: There's not a soft game in these playoffs, Like usually when you look at the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Schedule and these teams, Oh there's one, hey beat Buffalo and then go to Kansas City.
Speaker 5: Oh, I like your confidence, cause that's where we would go. H I like your moxie on that one. AnyWho, it's it's going.
Speaker 7: To be a tough, tough road to.
Speaker 5: The super Bowl, but of course we will cover it all for you here at KOA. And uh So that's exciting, that's very, very exciting, And I have that on the blog today. I actually have the video that a Rod shot of our own Dave Logan planting the flag at empower Field at Mile High and it was it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 6: Dave's not listening, so I'm going to say something right now exclusively.
Speaker 4: For your listener.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dave was a little giddy, I think about doing it, and it was really, really, really fun to watch him be.
Speaker 4: A little giddy about it.
Speaker 6: Really, and again, in this business nature of the business, you get desensitized. Dave Logan's been to a million Broncos games, playing in Broncos games. Here's a little gina about doing that. I don't think he's ever done something like that before. And that was that was fun. He was into it, you can tell by the video.
Speaker 4: Go watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's on the blog today at mandy'sblog dot com. Let me get right to that, because I gotta tell you, after the two weeks or so of the last two weeks of the year, when no one is really paying attention and no one is working it, I'll be finding the news. For the last week on the show was like a nightmare because everybody was still on vacation. Well, everybody's back now and there's so much news. The blog is so big you're probably gonna have to use two hands. Like even if you pull it up on your smartphone, you're just gonna need two hands because it's so big. You can find it at mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says one six twenty five blog will the wake up call work? And Mayor Johnston lied to Aurora. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within I.
Speaker 4: Dine Office happening all with ships and clipments of seen that's gonna press.
Speaker 5: Pledge today on the blog the Vegas bomber wasn't wrong. This is why we don't trust government. It's Mayor v Mayor over illegal immigrants. The case against bike laims. Well, we've stopped the influx of new people to Colorado. The Broncos are in the playoffs. What airlines are on time? The most scrolling? Wait, oh, that's in the wrong order. That's frustrating. A stupid new law creates confusion at school. Let's end the aid of addiction. Should churches work to house the homeless? Another unelected person joins the legislature. Good luck, Boulder restaurants. Democrats are coming for your detachable magazines. More ways. The Dems want to make Colorado unlivable. The Golden Globes were last night. We just didn't appreciate all that the Democrats did for us. Trudeau is on his way out in Canada. Multitasking is a lie. The most civil Catholic president ever. Men paying women to do things their wives don't do. Those are the headlines on the blog at Manday's blog dot com. So, as you can see, we have lots and lots of stories. But I got to tell you the funniest thing I have seen in so long is a video at the bottom of the blog. You're gonna have to click through to see it on Twitter, and it is a video of men paying a certain kind of woman to perform certain kinds of things that their wives won't do. And I'm just gonna leave it at that a rod because we are on the radio and I don't want to get in trouble yes with the FCC by being too descriptive of what these men are paying these blog I know it's so good. Today's like the best watch because it's so interesting. Yeah, I want to start right with something heavy, because we're we now know quite a bit more about the man who blew up a Tesla truck at the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. He was a Green Beret and he was active duty but was on leave. He seemed to be okay. Nobody spoted anything, you know, very wrong with the guy. And yet a guy who was a Green Beret made such a rudimentary explosive device in using canisters of gas and the large fireworks in order to create an explosion. There's a zero percent chance I believe that a Green Beret would not be able to make a better bomb than that, And it made me question, like, what was the purpose of this? Well, now we know there were two. When I saw one news article called a manifesto, which I think is a great way to put it because you think of manifesto as like a long drawn out document. This guy had two documents that were found on his phone after he shot himself and then set the interior of the Tesla truck a light outside the Trump Hotel. Now I put a link to where you should read them. And I say should because this is an opportunity for you to skip the news media. You could skip me, in my opinion, like you can just because they're not long. One of them takes up maybe a third and it appears to be double space of one page, and the others maybe a half maybe three quarters of another page typed these are not long.
Speaker 7: Then, as a matter of fact, why I just read it to you.
Speaker 5: Right now, because I think that what this guy was trying to do it was a shout into the wind. But I'll let you decide for yourself. The first one says, fellow service members, veterans, and all Americans, time to wake up. We are being led by weak and feckless leadership who only serve to enrich themselves. Military vets moving on DC starting now. Militious facilitate and augment this activity. Occupy every major road, long federal buildings in the campus of the federal buildings by the hundreds of thousands. Lock the highways around down with semis right after everybody gets in hold until the purge is complete. Try peaceful means first, but be prepared to fight to get the Dems out of the federal government and military by any means necessary. They all must go, and a hard reset must occur for our country to avoid collapse. That from and then he signs his name. That's the first one and the first line. We are being led by weak and feckless leadership who only serve to enrich themselves. I mean, is that really off the mark? But the second one is the one that I feel like is more important. In this one, he says, we are the United States of America, the best country people to ever exist, but right now we are terminally ill and headed toward collapse. We are crumbling because of lack of self respect, morals, and respect for others. Greed and gluttony has consumed us. The top one percent decided long ago they weren't going to bring everyone else with them. You are cattle to them. We have strayed from family values and corrupted our minds. And I am a prime example of having it all but it never being enough. A lot of us are just sitting around waiting to die. No sunlight, no steps, no fresh air, no hope. Our children are addicted to screens by the age of two. We're filling our bodies with processed foods. Our population is too fat to join the military. Yet we are facing a war with China, Russia, North Korea and Iran before twenty thirty. We must take these actions if we're going to make it past the next few years in one piece. We must end the war in Ukraine with negotiated settlement. It is the only way. Focus on strength and winning. Masculinity is good and men must be leaders. Strength is a deterrent, and fear is the product. Weeded out those in our government and military who do not idealize. Number two. The income inequality in this country and cost of living is outrageous. The number of homeless on our street is embarrassed and disgusting. Have some pride and take care of this. Stop obsessing over diversity. We are all diverse and DEI is a cancer. Thankfully we rejected the DEI candidate and we'll have a real president instead of weekend at Bernie's. We must move on from the culture of weakness and self enrichment perpetuated by our senior political and military leaders. We are done with the blatant corruption. Our soldiers are done fighting wars without end states or clear objectives.
Speaker 7: This was not a terrorist attack. It was a wake up call.
Speaker 5: Americans only pay attention to spectacles and violence. What better way to get my point across than a stunt with fireworks and explosives. Why did I personally do it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I needed to cleanse my mind of the brothers I've lost and relieve myself of the burden of the lives I took. Consider this last sunset of twenty four and my actions the end of our sickness and a new chapter of health for our people. Rally around the Trump musk can and ride this wave to the highest hedge many for all Americans. We are second to no one. That is the and two separate as they're calling on minifestos of the man who blew up a truck in Vegas. And because he did not kill anyone but himself, and he shot himself before the explosion started, I can feel sorry for him instead of angry at him.
Speaker 7: I mean, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: Somebody could have been killed, but I'm guessing When he stopped the car, he looked around to assess the situation before creating havoc. I just feel I feel heartbroken for this guy because in so many.
Speaker 7: Ways I agree with him.
Speaker 5: I agree with him that we're just drifting through our lives as a nation collectively. We're not living purposeful lives, not taking care of ourselves, We're not doing things that Michelle Zelner likes to say makes a person a happy, healthy human. He's right about all of that stuff, but it's so depressing to think that this was the method that he chose in order to make some kind of splash, some kind of difference. And you know what, a vast majority of people are not even going to read these two small documents and know what he said because the news media is reporting it as well. He was a Trump supporter, and you know he wasn't anti Trump, because everybody was speculating it was Elon Musk's truck outside of Trump hotel. Maybe it's anti Trump. All they're basically saying, No, he liked Trump, and that's all you're getting. You don't get the heartbreaking part about him killing himself because he needed to clean cleanse his mind of the brothers he's lost and relieve himself of the burden of the lives I took. Stuff like this makes me far more or far less rather interventionist than I used to be. What have we done to two three generations of men now who have volunteer to serve our country a bold and noble purpose.
Speaker 7: But what are we doing to them?
Speaker 5: We're sending them to fight words that we're not serious about winning, and when we finally do win it, we can't give it back to the enemy fast enough, at least that's how it seems in Afghanistan.
Speaker 7: So yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: This is It's just sad and depressing. It's a much different situation than the guy in New Orleans. This was this guy's lad. I liken this too in a way, you know, him setting himself on fire on the steps of the capitol. People do that in order to draw attention to something they think is important, and all that gets reported is someone set themselves on fire at the capitol and the message just kind of gets lost. But if you feel powerless to get the message across, if you're feeling like nothing I'm doing or nothing I'm going to do is going to make an impact, then I guess this is how you do it. I don't know. It's just very very very very sad, very sad. Mandy. The post about men paying women reminds me of an old Buddy Hackett joke. The punchline is paint my house. She said she do anything he wanted for three hundred bucks.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 5: Uh, Mandy, please explain planting the flag and why that is important? I don't know. I don't know what the important. But does it have historical meanings?
Speaker 4: Uh? I don't believe so.
Speaker 6: Or is it just tradition, like in general or at the Broncos specifically at the Broncos games.
Speaker 4: I don't know vas a specific tradition. I don't know that. And in general, it's just a matter of firing people up.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go, I have this right now. Ummm let's see it. How many end up up the Oh no, that's the big flag on the field. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I have no idea why we do that. Does somebody know?
Speaker 5: Then, text us, because there's a lot on flag planting. I mean, when you plant the flag, you are basically saying we are your we are your conqueror. But planting the flag of the Broncos game takes place before the game, and we're planting it on our own territory.
Speaker 4: So I'm not sure why it's very I mean, it's a ceremony.
Speaker 6: They have a spot right below the big jumbo drawn big screen and they had like a little made up spot with a little piece of you know, dirt or turf or whatever it is, and then yeah, just plant it right.
Speaker 5: There the crowd the Seminoles when the Florida State Seminoles win, which I'm sure they'll do again next year after taking this year off. Well, when they come back next year after taking this year off, I'm sure they'll get right back to the winning. They take a piece of the turf and there's a turf graveyard at in Tallahassee that you can go visit. It has the little placard of the game that it came from.
Speaker 7: It's pretty awesome. It's pretty awesome anyway, Mandy.
Speaker 5: As a Cold War veteran, I feel that we've burned our golf war veterans badly. We must provide a lot more mental health care. The VA must be fixed, you know. Ralph. That's from Ralph, and I would love to think that the VA was gonna get quote fixed. I'd love to see that, but at this stage in the game, I don't understand why we need to. You know, work if you're a small government person working to privatize as much of what government.
Speaker 7: Does should be the goal.
Speaker 5: You know, anything that can be done in the private sector is probably going to be done far more efficiently, even with the profit mode is factored in. Then government can do it. Proof and point broadband. Do you know that we've spent billions of dollars to deliver rural broadband and no one has been connected. What if we had contracted that out to a private company with actual dates and deadlines, at least we'd have broadband. So I don't understand why we can't privatize more of the VA healthcare system. That needs to happen. There should be no reason for us to even have the level of VA hospital care that we have now because I don't feel like people are getting better care there. If I thought veterans were getting better care through the VA system, I would say one hundred percent keep it. And there is value in having people who have served in the medical profession, but they can still provide that service outside the VA hospital system. Which is just fraught with cost overruns and waiting lists and all of the things you would expect to see in government healthcare. Not as bad as it used to be. It used to be horrific. Now it's a little bit better, maybe a lot better in some areas. But I know veterans here in this community who have horror stories about going to the beautiful Tajma via the billion and like, I don't even know how much that thing ended up costing and waiting eight hours to be seen.
Speaker 7: What the blank is that? That is socialized medicine. So I interviewed the guy who was the.
Speaker 5: He was the secretary of the VA back in let's see, it was pre CU, So this is sixteen seventeen years ago. I believe his name was Jim Nicholson, if I am remembering correctly, And he had all these grandiose plans to fix the VA, and we're moving it in the right direction, blah blah bah bah beh. But we still have too many veterans who cannot get the healthcare that they need, who cannot get the mental health care that they need, and the stigma is still strong when it comes to accessing the services that are available there's a real fear among active active duty members of the service that they will be declared undeployable if they express the mental health issues. And I got to tell you, I don't necessarily think that would be a bad idea, but on the other side of that, it damages their potential to be promoted.
Speaker 7: So we've disincentivized.
Speaker 5: People getting help in a group of people that we're asking to sometimes do incredibly difficult things, things that are beyond their control when they're in the middle of it, you know, I mean, it's just the whole system is just so jacked up. Thank you, Ralph for correcting me. Global War on Terror. So this is one of the reasons that I really really want to see Pete Hegseth get confirmed. And there's been a lot of things kind of bandied about about Pete Hegseth and I have looked into the sexual impropriety accusation as much as I can, but there's very little evidence. But what evidence exists makes me lean towards believing Pete more than I believe his accused her. Now I could be wrong, I really could, but I looked at it with as you know, as dispassionate.
Speaker 7: I as I could.
Speaker 5: But I think Pete Hegseth, coming in from the outside, being a former active duty soldier not that long ago, is exactly the kind of leader to come in and just say enough. Veterans deserve to have access to the best.
Speaker 7: Healthcare available, period.
Speaker 5: And right now what we see is the VA and Tricare, which is the insurance program for veterans, you know, doing such a bad job that Children's hospital was going to dump them from their network. Oh I wish the VA would be fixed? Oh man, do I wish the VA would be fixed? So we shall see Yogi texting in. I hope Trump will expand on his administration's previous steps to allow vets to go seek our own help and support instead of the VA. Exactly exactly right. So yeah, Mandy, Apparently the cyber truck dude knew a bunch about the Chinese drones. He emailed into podcaster Sean Riot about what he knows about the deep state stuff, including the East Coast drones. Leland Conway brought this up on a show on six hundred co Go. I could not find anything other than that podcaster and no offense.
Speaker 7: But I'm just not.
Speaker 5: Sure that that's altogether accurate. Mandy. Is it a fair comparison to say that the Veterans administration is similar to socialized healthcare?
Speaker 7: Yes, it is in the hospital system.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. One hundred percent. Anyway, Uh, Mandy. I believe the flag ceremony is a way of saying, this is our territory and we're gonna defend it.
Speaker 6: That is true, and that's what opposing teams have started to do in the last couple of years, Baker Mayfield, where you plant your flag on the other opposing teams and that's just rude. Baker Mayfield's awesome, No, but that's rude. It's cool, it's rude. And I think you're just jealous that people are doing or State's.
Speaker 5: Thing because everything good has come from Florida State. Coming up at one o'clock. I did not mention this earlier. We got Jimmy Sanenberger coming in. He wrote a great column that goes right to the heart of what I think is something that must be addressed or our country cannot survive.
Speaker 2: And that is the.
Speaker 5: Way government treats the citizens that it is supposed to be beholden to with absolute disrespect and indifference.
Speaker 7: And we have a perfect example in jeff Coo Public schools.
Speaker 5: We're going to talk to Jimmy about that in just a few minutes, but right now I've got more mayor on mayor of verbal violence, and it's I'm being sarcastic when I say verbal violence. It's not even remotely verbal violence, because I don't believe in verbal violence. But that being said, Mayor Mike Kaufman of Aurora has written a column in the Denver Gazette. Denver's Mayor offloads immigrants in Aurora is the headline, and I'm just gonna give a little taste of it, just a little little feel for it. In late November twenty twenty four, Mayor Mike Johnston asked me, this is the column written by Aurora Mayor Mike Coffin, Just to be clear. In late November twenty twenty four, Mayor Mike Johnston asked me for permission to use an extended state quality in Hotel and Aurora to help temporarily house some of the busloads of migrants that were overwhelming Denver.
Speaker 7: I initially said yes, but it soon.
Speaker 5: Became a parent that beyond giving the newly arrived migrants a thirty day hotel voucher, he had no plan for them other than leaving them homeless in Aurora. To make matters worse, his contract with the extended stay hotel owner forced all of the existing residents who were paying by the week because they didn't have the income or credit to get an apartment lease out to make room for busloads of migrants coming from Denver. When I found this out, he says, I called Johnston and demanded that he pick up the migrants as soon as their vouchers expired and take them back to Denver. He did, and from that points forward, I turned down his request for further assistance. Unlike Denver, Aurora is not a city and county form of government, so we do not have the specific funding sources or the structure necessary to provide support on an ongoing basis.
Speaker 7: And then he goes on to talk.
Speaker 5: About how after August eighteenth of twenty twenty four and the videos of the Venezuelan trende Aragua gang at the edge of lowry apartments went viral, he sat down with Kyle Clark and Mayor Mike Johnston to talk about how Denver and Aurora with state and federal law enforcement partners were aggressively pursuing gang members.
Speaker 7: My confidence says, just before the interview started, I.
Speaker 5: Turned to Johnston and said, how I thought it was strange that I seemed to be having all the problems with Venezuelan gangs and he didn't.
Speaker 7: I then said, I thought that's because he was.
Speaker 5: He understood the situation by knowing where they were in his city while I didn't. Johnston talks incessantly in political sound bites, said nothing in response. Now, in September, someone sent him an article from the City Journal about Aurora, and it was about how the federal government subsidized the migrant madness in suburban Colorado, and the article stated that it was Mayor Mike Johnston who, via the cover of two nonprofit organizations, moved migrants from Denver to Aurora. According to the article, this funding in hand, the two NGOs began working with landlords to place migrants in housing units and to subsidize their rent. One of these organizations, Papagaio, worked with a landlord called CBZ Management, a property management company that operates the three apartment buildings at the center of the current controversy. Edge of lowry whispering Pines and Fitzsimmons Place also known as Aspen Grove. So and then it goes on from there. But essentially Mayor Mike Kaufman calledman, was like, dude, what's up? And Mayor Mike Jos was like.
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, those are NGOs, But.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many people we moved over there and I don't have that information. Isn't it amazing that everything that the Governor's office or excuse me, that the Denver Mayor's office wants to claim as a victory, they have no data on where any of these people are. Oh you want to know exactly how many people have been moved out of the homeless hotels into permanent housing and drug and alcohol treatment.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, we.
Speaker 5: Can't get you that number. We can't know. Oh you want to know how many illegal immigrants the City of Denver helped pay to move into Aurora without a notifying aura that they were coming. Oh sorry, that number is not available. I mean, it's just absolutely crazy.
Speaker 7: Just nuts. And this is what's passing.
Speaker 5: For mayoring in Denver right now. So I guess Mayor my coffin felt it was necessary. And by the way, you know, the only reason they know this. They did an open records request to get copies of the contracts between Denver and the two nonprofits that moved all of these migrants into Aurora, and according to the open records request, we now know. He says that the words in Denver or in the surrounding communities were quietly inserted into the contracts to allow the nonprofits to pick people in Aurora without notifying Aurora. I mean, say what you will. I mean, I don't think Aurora or any other city that isn't a sanctuary city, should bear any responsibility for the wave of illegal immigrants that Denver is now taking care of. I don't think that they owe them a single dime. I don't think they owe them any help. I think that they should just tell Denver to pay for it themselves. You guys wanted to be a sanctuary city. You guys hung up the big immigrants Welcome sign on city Hall. Well, now the chickens have come home to roost and you can deal with them. I don't mind any of that. But Aurora wasn't even given the opportunity to say yay or nay. And this is such a weasel move by Mayor Mike Johnston an absolute weasel move. There's no other way to put it. He essentially, it's a lie by omission to the mayor of the the biggest city that is right next to yours. You just lied because you wanted to take it off your plate and put it on someone else's plate so you could stand there and talk about how welcoming we all are in Denver, so welcoming those Highland moms, Just how Mandy Mayor Mayor Hancock used to come on with you once a month. Did Mayor Johnston said he would do the same. Hey, Rod, let's let's put our thinking cap on for just a moment. I seem to remember and correct me if I'm wrong that when candidate Mike Johnston was on the show, I directly asked him about that, and he was amenable and said, sure, we're gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 7: That is correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've efforted, Oh boy, A Rod has made efforts, lots and lots and lots of it, and at this point, honestly, I don't care if he ever comes back on the show. I really don't care. Makes no difference to me. I'm gonna do a show every single day without him. He would have a great opportunity to come on, and I mean, maybe try and explain. Although I have to agree with Mike Kaufman's assertion that Johnston speaks in political sound bites that say absolutely nothing. Very frustrated with the Denver mayer right now? Is anybody else frustrated by the notion that somehow all downtown Denver needs is a multi million dollar renovation of Civic Center Park to make everything okay, and we're all gonna rush back downtown again. It's so stupid, so stupid. Until they fix the crime, until they fix the homelessness, until they make it feel safe and clean downtown again, they can renovate everything.
Speaker 7: Anyway.
Speaker 5: So I messed. We're trying to get Mayor Mike Coffman on the show. I believe he will come on the show.
Speaker 4: Communication has been opened, yes, so we're walking on that.
Speaker 5: But I want to get inside of this because I will tell you this is a pretty pretty strong shot across the bow by Mayor Mike Kaufman at Mayor Mike Johnston. It would be helpful if one of them went by Michael, because then I could call him Mayor Mike and Mayor Michael.
Speaker 7: But I can't do that this. This is a.
Speaker 5: Very aggressive political step, and you may not see it as maybe aggressive, you might think aggressively, but in politics there's sort of this like, uh oh wait, hang on, Justin Trudeau is stepping down? Can we I wonder if anybody's playing this. I want to know what he's saying.
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 7: This is just captions of him on me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that if I'm having to fight internal battles, I cannot be the best option in that election.
Speaker 7: All right, you can turn it down now.
Speaker 5: So he is out. That's fantastic for Canada, Absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 7: I'm going to talk about this for just a second when.
Speaker 5: We get back. I've never had an issue with Justin Trudeau until the entire thing with the Canadian truckers in the COVID vaccine. Like, don't get me wrong, I thought policy wise, he was an absolute disaster, just a miss, and every decision he's made seems to have been the wrong one in my view. So now he's resigning as Liberal Party leader. But you guys, it's not just in Canada that liberal government is on the ropes. It's been on the ropes for a long time in Europe a long time, and now it seems to be accelerating around the world. It obviously was rejected here in the United States, with every county nearly in the United States moving to the right. So I'm wondering what exactly is the underpinning here. Why are we all rejecting it at the same time. Well, I think part of it is because when you put people in power who believe that government power is the ultimate power, and that you know, everything, every bit of money in the economy that they let us keep is is just their own largees. And when they believe that government is the end all be all and it has all of the answers, they become very unresponsive to the people that they are supposed to be governing. And we've seen that over and over and over again. We saw it especially during COVID. You know, we saw some ridiculous, completely fabricated stuff shoved down the throats of the American people six feet apart, absolutely pulled out of thin air. I mean, it was just so dumb, those plastic screens that were supposed to protect us from other I mean, it was just so stupid. And people lost their livelihoods, Some people lost their homes because of that, and they watched corporations who the government arbitrarily decided somehow didn't spread COVID be allowed to continue operating. I mean, it was just it was crazy, and it wasn't just here. But maybe this is enough. Maybe we've had a little taste, a little little snidge of totalitarianism, and it's going. How's people going? You know what?
Speaker 7: I did not enjoy that. I don't need that anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't want that anymore, except in Colorado, where we continually elect people who are determined to ruin our state in a multitude of ways. I have a story on the blog today and a texture just told me that I did not link to it, so I'll go find it again because we're going to be talking about it. U haul does a thing every single year where they talk about moving in and moving out of the state, and we've done it every year for the last I don't know, ten fifteen years. We have been at the top of the inflow in U haul's survey. I mean, we've been in the top ten for maybe the last ten years, much to the chagrin of many many people who have lived here their entire lives. But this year we have dropped from.
Speaker 7: Number nine to number forty.
Speaker 5: In one year. And it's simply because we are making it so no one wants to live here under the totalitarianism of the legislature that we currently have. And Oh, I've also got a story we're going to talk about in the next hour. Oh, they're already gearing up to have another legislative session that is going to make it even worse for businesses in Colorado. And they are not stopping their relentless attack on our Second Amendment rights. There's new legislation designed to be more appealing to people who don't understand firearms than the assault weapons.
Speaker 7: Ban, which failed last year.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just insane the stuff they're doing in our best interest, and that's the worst part. They're doing it for us, not to us. That's the attitude that you get. I also have video of Chuck Schumer today, and I'll just tell you what it is, because really it's lunchtime, you know, I want you to be able to enjoy your lunch. No a Rod, let me have my audio. I'm just gonna play him real quick because it's only twenty seconds. This is Chuck Schumer. So we did a lot of good things, but all too often, Kristen.
Speaker 9: We talked about the mechanics of the legislation and the details of the legislation, and we really didn't show the kind of empathy and concern to average or show enough of it to average working families who didn't really lies how much we had done and how much we care for them.
Speaker 5: So just to be clear, just to be clear, the Democrats didn't lose because of the things they did.
Speaker 7: They lost because.
Speaker 5: They they weren't good at letting us know how much we owed them. That's the translation of what he just said. When we get back, talk about another governmental organization that is trying to wring out any bit of trust from us. It is the jeff Co Public School System. Jimmy Seenberger wrote a Greek column about it. We're going to talk to him right after this.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and.
Speaker 3: God Study and the nicety.
Speaker 2: Very sadly.
Speaker 5: That books. That's the call that greens Jimmy's singing brother into the studio. It's like a it's like the bat signal, only with blues music.
Speaker 7: And and look here he is hi, Jimmy.
Speaker 8: Yes, indeed, good afternoon, Mandy, Happy New Year, Happy you too.
Speaker 5: I brought you in for a very valid reason, and we're going to get to that in just a second. But you know, when we talk about newspapers dying and we talk about journalism being gutted because they've run all of their audience away to somewhere else, that's my view on it. Anyway, one of the things that is the most disheartening to me is that we got the newsroom and then there's no one to cover school board meetings, and there's no one to cover Shenanigan's when they arise. And I just want to give you a little credit. Through your column in the Denver Gazette. You're doing a great job casting a light on some of the areas that the school boards around town would rather you not cast a light too. So I really appreciate that. I appreciate you paying attention and continue what you talk about it, because when you look at the school systems across the country, it's very difficult to have an extremely successful urban district.
Speaker 2: It's just hard.
Speaker 5: There's too many people in poverty. Again, I understand that, but when you start to look at school districts, especially in suburban areas. Those are the school districts that are going to determine whether we get new businesses, whether people relocate company headquarters here. The quality of our education matters a ton from that perspective, and of course it matters because we are teaching the next generation of young people how to read, write, do arithmetic and all that good stuff. But man, have we lost our mission?
Speaker 7: We have lost our mission?
Speaker 5: And now this this, I mean, this story is honestly, it's like a lifetime movie. It's unbelievable. And I'll give the thumbnail sketch of the story. At the beginning of December, a rather announcement was made that chief of Schools, who was number three in command of Jeffco Public Schools, David Wise, had been fired and that was it. There was like, oh, yeah, we fired it. That does not happen, Okay. If someone is being investigated for wrongdoing, they are put on leave and then the investigation unfolds, much to the frustration of people who know whatever happened happened. No, there was none of that. David Wise has been fired no longer with the district, and everybody's like, what what is happening right now. Then it comes out that he's being investigated for purchasing child sexual assault materials, so child pornography is what we're talking about. And then like a week later, he is in Maryland visiting family and commits suicide.
Speaker 7: Apparently what you would think, you would just think.
Speaker 5: Okay, the district has to get out in front of this at some point, right you gotta, especially if he's being investigated for child sexual assault possession. W The next logical question be, oh my god, what if some of our children were victimized? What I mean what?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 5: To me would be the natural response and the best way to find out if there are more victims is to go public and tell people what happened. So you can say, if you have any concerns about this, bring them to the district.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 5: Then all of these things would be very rational choices. So, Jimmy, what did Jeffco Public Schools do in this situation?
Speaker 4: So there's a lot to unpack here.
Speaker 8: That is just what you would not be teaching in crisis management one oh one for sure. And it begins actually on December nineteenth is when the firing took place, and it was within twenty four hours of that that the news went out in a release from the district to the media saying, hey, this happened, there's an investigation.
Speaker 4: Nothing about what the investigation.
Speaker 8: Right entailed, anything of that sort, But no notice of any kind went out to the parents and families of the second largest school district in Colorado, which is Jefferson County Schools.
Speaker 4: At that time.
Speaker 8: It wasn't until after New Year's Day the next day, so January tewod that the district put out a statement where they and an email blast to parents and families and put an email blast out to staff and what have you, acknowledging the details about this and letting the parents and families know in the community, hey, this is what this investigation entailed. And here is a sort of some of the basic outlines of the timeline. Not showing compassion for the families, not really expressing any concern.
Speaker 5: It was coldly bureaucratic.
Speaker 8: As I write in my column yesterday, and I'll just add, I think that the big reason that this even happened of any kind of note is because on New Year's Day word came out and was confirmed by a sheriff's office in Maryland, where David Wise was visiting family with his family for the holidays, that he had died and what we now know is an apparent suicide, and that statement from the Maryland Sheriff's office is what first confirmed this investigation was about child putography.
Speaker 5: So it didn't come out before that. I thought it came out before that had been traveling on my Twitter feed. There was there was conversations about this. I mean, there was people that knew what this investigation was about. Here's here's the problem for me, So many problems, but the main problem for me is that I believe that school districts are so afraid of being sued, of being whatever because of things like sexual impropriety with a child, which happens in schools far more than people know. I mean, it is pervasive in the school system at least.
Speaker 8: Three or four times, including this one in Jefferson County schools.
Speaker 5: That we know of in last year alone, four how many times.
Speaker 8: At least or four different publicly known cases of some allegations of sexual propriety by staff members in Jefferson County.
Speaker 5: Schools just in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: But the wrong way to handle that is is to hide it.
Speaker 5: The only way that a school district gains credibility with parents is by making all of these things known and making sure that parents understand that if there's any a question of any sort of impropriety, they must be brought in immediately so they can take immediate action. The most frustrating thing about this, Jimmy, is that maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know, but I am now very close to being one of those people who doesn't ever trust anything that anyone from any branch of government tells me. And it feels so wrong because Jeff Co, more than anybody else that I'm aware of other than Boulder Valley, has leaned in to the trusted it jun do we know better than your parents? Oh, you want to change gender. We won't tell them that you want to change gender. We'll just call you whatever. We'll just let you use the boys. I mean, the level of intervention between the schools and parents has been next level, and I understand this guy was actually a big part of some of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Basically, as chief of Schools, he was essentially responsible for implementing the trusted adult policies of the district.
Speaker 5: What are those policies? That people want.
Speaker 4: Well, basically, look at it this way.
Speaker 8: So when we were kids, we might get along with a teacher, trust them, We feel comfortable.
Speaker 5: Confiding in them on certain things. We're having a rough day or what have you. We know that teacher.
Speaker 8: Especially when you're in middle or high school, there are some teachers that you will feel comfortable leaning on. I talk about one particular instance in middle school where I had that, and it was a natural development, right, and that's what should happen.
Speaker 5: You find it trust that it does all naturally. Instead, what the.
Speaker 8: District is essentially doing is saying, we want you to find your trusted adults. Sometimes let us know. They have surveys, They have all kinds of different ways of putting kids in the position of picking and identifying trusted adults, and they may not have those kinds of relationships. So there's a big difference between the natural development as it should be, of trust that is earned and institutionalizing trust by saying, oh, this person's a teacher or a staff member, so you should find them and trust them, and then you basically have the I think it's litensey Dad Goo of jeffco Kids.
Speaker 5: First, I quoted my column.
Speaker 8: Saying that David Weiss was the trusted adult of trusted adults because he was overseeing.
Speaker 5: The implementation of these policies, and not for nothing. And this is not to disparage any wonderful teachers who signed up to be a trusted adult and mean it and really want to be there for the kids. But damn, if I'm a pedophile in the schools, what do you think I'm gonna do? Oh, I'm going to put that little trusted adult side right up on my desk because the kids that are going to come to you who need that trusted adult are they going to be the easiest to victimize. So we basically created a feeder system for pedophiles in the schools.
Speaker 8: It's a big concern that a lot of folks have along the lines of the trusted adult might be that person who will say, you know what, if you feel like you should be questioning your gender, maybe you should be and guide them in that process as the trusted adult. And as you mentioned, Jeff co has been notorious for these kinds of things of keeping from parents the Teachers' Union, collaborating on there on the Facebook in a private group a couple of years back, being like, Okay, what are ways that we can dodge with the school boarding house?
Speaker 5: Can you take a survey without taking a survey to find out which one of your kids is trands right? I mean, it's so gross. And the trusted adult thing after an incident at my daughter's school. I don't remember what the incident was. It wasn't like that big a deal, but they had one of those conversations like who is your trusted adult in the school, and my daughter was like no one, Like what, no one, but she was put on the spot. I was very annoyed by that. To your point, I think that's a great way to put it. We all had teachers that we felt we could talk to and we could gravitate towards. And I was lucky to have one in high school that I called when I was in college to ask how to write a paper about Shakespeare. I mean, you know, those are the best teachers. Yes, But I think your point is spot on that to artificially decide that someone is going to be your trusted adult is just that it's artificial. It reeks of performance rather than depth.
Speaker 8: So the big problem here, Amandy, is not just that you have the trusted adult program that clearly needs to go without questions, and this is the latest example of that. In Jefferson County schools alone. There was a recent case I wrote about a couple months back of a school social worker. Middle school social worker named Chloe Castro, who had legations against her, was arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a.
Speaker 5: Fourteen year old boy.
Speaker 8: And that was a Jefferson County School District employee. So they have these big problems, But then you have the issue of if the district is trying to hide the ball up the rest, if the district is not being straightforward, they're not showing that they even understand where we're coming from. That means I can't trust the district because they're not being honest. But it also indicates that the district isn't trusting me, the parent with this information.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's even that thoughtful. I think it is. You have a group of people, and I truly believe Tracy Dulin is a terrible, terrible leader of jeff Coup, absolutely terrible, and they have their little cabal of people and they believe they are doing God's work. They believe only they know I agree to your children.
Speaker 8: I think the impression for a lot of parents is I don't trust you with all of this, and you know what, I don't think you trust me either. I think there's a lot of a feeling of that that's like that for a parent, They're like, we can't stand this.
Speaker 5: What's going on. It's a big.
Speaker 8: Rot in Jeffco's schools, and especially when they're trying to control information as they have been, then that indicates that, you know what, if you had some trust in the district, maybe in fact that was misplaced. I mean, crisis management one oh one requires you to be forthright and honest as much as you can, and to show some semblance of sympathy, if not empathy for the people that you are speaking on behind.
Speaker 5: You know, I think that for this situation, and the point I was making at the beginning of our conversation Jimmy, is that they don't think anyone's going to ask questions. They don't think anyone's going to ask for documents, they don't think anyone's going to follow up, they don't think anyone's going to come to the school board meetings. They just don't think they have to be accountable, and that is like the jeff Co's school system. You could look at that, you could look at so many governmental organizations who have decided they don't need our input, like soil you sit down, shut up, we know what's best yes, And that I think is one of the reasons that the country started to move right this last election cycle. And I always want to say, keep it up, keep it up, because people are starting to pay attention. I'm not hopeful in Colorado that Jefferson County is going to vote in more conservative board members than they have now. I'm just I'm not confident about that. It's unfortunate because I think their school district is sliding backwards as this current leadership situation continues. But they show such disdain for the parents, for people in the community, for people who are worried about this stuff.
Speaker 7: That to me is how it comes across.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know what, we can't be bothered to reach out to the parents. But you said something in your column that there was like a meeting for teachers or something. Was there was were teachers given some kind of support or something. So what they had sent out in a blast email to staff.
Speaker 8: Was something that in part said, we have emotional support and gathering spaces for you.
Speaker 5: We know that this is quote unsettling and challenging.
Speaker 8: The situation is we have to reground ourselves in our why So they were putting out all of these like we want to accompany you in your staff, and you know what, I don't have a problem with that in and of itself, because look, there are a lot of people who have worked in the district and work in the district now who've interacted with David Wise. He was one of the two liaisons to the district accountability Committee for jeffcos So a lot of parents and community members are involved in that. So I don't have a problem with showing some of that sympathy. But you need to show that for the parents too and say, Okay, here is our understanding, show them we understand why you're concerned and you're fearful. Here's what we know and can share. Now here's how you can help. You made a very important point earlier. Yeah, and you were like, wouldn't you say, here's the way if you have any information that you can care, please go ahead and do that. That seems like the obvious thing that you would ask people to do, and yet nothing of the sort from jeffic More.
Speaker 5: Parents need to use CORA requests with schools. You guys and Jimmy, you've gotten Correra requests back. You have no idea what comes when you make a CORRA request, because if it's something an organization really doesn't want to share with you, they will bury you in a thousand pages of crap that doesn't really matter to get to the one page that you need. So the CORRA request system, I think is being abused by governments and I think that needs to change. I know it can be time consuming for people to gather of especially older documents that are not digitized, but if we're talking about pulling an email that takes twenty five seconds. Now you may have to sort through the emails to make sure. But it's very frustrating the way to the same point, I just made the disdain that governmental organizations show to people who just want to find out what actually happened.
Speaker 8: Well, when we've seen this in Denver Public schools on the school safety issues, where the district even to this point when they made some changes to their discipline policies, they still were woefully inadequate, and they've shown disdain for parents who have been outraged at how the district has been handling in Denver, how they've been handling school safety issues and disciplinary issues. And thankfully parents really stood up made some changes to the school board. But even then, and I write about this in tomorrow's.
Speaker 7: College Numbers, we're still so outnumbered.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Denver situation, there needs to be about three or four more school board members knocked off. And then they've got to get rid of Alex Morrero. I'm floored every day that guy still has a job. Floored.
Speaker 8: He is terrible as superintendent. He has deserved to go for a long time. And yet I think that the board is very reticent to find themselves in another superintendent search and sopanic man.
Speaker 7: So we don't want to, you know, we don't want to do that.
Speaker 8: I mean, it is the blowback that they would get from that, as well as the because they could find somebody else if they wanted to go the DEI routes specifically, they could find another person to be superintendent, but they are I.
Speaker 4: Know this for a fact. It's been an issue for a.
Speaker 8: Couple of years in DPS that the board has been very hesitant to find themselves in another superintendent search, in part because who the heck wants to work in DPS is a superintendent.
Speaker 5: I will tell you my experience with people who want to work in larger urban districts. They fall into such a hard left category anyway, that anyone willing to take this job for this board would not be an improvement. I don't think on Alex Morrero unless we could get somebody who said, you know what, one person improvement in student achievement is not good enough for me.
Speaker 8: If only Gosh the superintendent would say that, yeah, go figure who Actually, those are the good old days.
Speaker 5: Those are the good old days when student achieve and it was first instead of adults trying to protect themselves from difficult conversations from people they make mad because they want to do better for kids. So incredibly frustrating. Mandy, look up the case of Imagine. You were ewe r you ever heard of this? She and her mom worked for Jeff COO's schools and were suspected of theft by many. Then Imagine was caught red handed with stolen chromebooks. She was let go, but then re hired within the district. This past year, she was arrested for having a sexual relationship with a student. Her mother, if I remember correctly, was caught embezzling from the school she moved to. Now, because I don't know anything about this case, I don't want anyone to think that is accurate because I don't want to disparage or anything. I don't know anything about that. So Texter, we will look into it, and if we find out that you are right, then we will revisit that. But Mandy, this text are said. After personally be involved with multiple Colorado school districts for the past three decades, including Jeffco, I found school districts hide all kinds of information i e. Teachers on special assignments that hides administration numbers from their communities. So uh yeah, yeah, Mandy, this is interesting. Wait a minute, hang on, let me get this right, so I get the full thing. A custodian gains a lot of trust with students as he she doesn't pose as an authority figure.
Speaker 7: Along with bus drivers, there are good folks out there.
Speaker 5: It seems that teachers and principals are the bad guys at time, and they are sometimes they are not always. I mean, a vast majority of teachers and principals do a great job.
Speaker 8: I remember I happened to get along with well multiple teachers that I that I got along with when I was in high school. I remember getting along with a couple of the security guards. Same when I was at Regious University. We happened to think alike politically, so that certainly helped a little bit. But there is and that is actually an important point too about trust. Leaning on the SROs at schools or leaning on a security guard can certainly make a big difference.
Speaker 5: Uh this Dexter said, thankfully, I'm a cop and get super specific in my tons of CORA requests for Denver.
Speaker 7: I like to think my specific requests were a piece that.
Speaker 5: Hit two to three principles relieved, or that got two to three principles relieved. You never know. Keep it up, people, Jimmy Singerberger, good to see my friends. Do you want to stick around and talk about some other stuff for a minute. Yeah, I got a few.
Speaker 4: I got two.
Speaker 5: I got two things I want to talk about in the next half hour. And they're two editorials by the Denver Gazette. They're both so good, so so good about two separate things. But similar and somewhat connected in some circumstances. I hope that's a vague enough tease for you find out what I'm talking about next. Yeah, Okay, let's get into this before you have to go. There's a great editorial in the Denver Gazette about churches helping house homeless people and working towards affordable housing solutions. And you know, when you think about it, we have a situation in Castle Rock where I understand that the Rock Church wants to house people on their property in RVs and they feel like this is their mission as as a as a church, and I have to agree with them.
Speaker 7: I don't know if any faith, and.
Speaker 5: Maybe there are faiths out there, maybe Buddhism is sort of like, you know, let everything happen the way it's supposed to happen. But every single faith has a command to help those in need, right, That's a tenet of every form of religion. And we give churches tax exempt status because of the things they do in the community. And I'm not saying every church has to open their doors and start housing people in their you know, thaing to you know area, That's not what I'm talking about, but we should encourage.
Speaker 7: And assist and smooth the process.
Speaker 5: If churches say we would like to work to you know, give or provide affordable housing for people, we should one hundred percent support that because they don't have a profit motive, so there's no profit motive attached to it. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind a profit motive, but building a home in Colorado has become so expensive, mostly because of government regulations, that it's no longer profitable to build affordable housing.
Speaker 2: It just isn't.
Speaker 7: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Should we make it easier, streamline the process, support churches and encourage them to work in this space if they have the ability. It's really interesting to consider this.
Speaker 8: First of all, I would say it is inherently better than government providing housing correct, without a doubt. And we can see, for example, and I'm Catholic, the Catholic charities do a phenomenal job at providing services for the poor and providing shelters for the homeless, and that's something that really I don't think there's any other private organization that could really hold a candle quite to what the Catholic charities have been able to do. And that's from so long of being at it and trying in so many different ways. When I look at this, so what's obvious much better to have this than the government. I do wonder about how you approach that from a government standpoint.
Speaker 5: As far as the property that is, does the government need.
Speaker 8: To sell some property to the churches in order for the churches to then manage that property, or do the churches need to go and do the real estate deals themselves.
Speaker 5: Will they do that?
Speaker 7: Prefer the latter?
Speaker 5: And here's why me too, because whenever you get government involved in any sort of situation in a collaborative way, then you run the risk of government making rules and or more importantly, preventing you from enacting certain rules. And I think that one of the reasons that church based charity has worked so well throughout our entire existence is when you are taking food from a food bank at a church, you're going to stand face to face with a volunteer, and there's a very personal nature to that transaction that does not exist when this nameless, faceless government does X y Z. You have no connection to the money where that money came from. But when you're standing in front of someone or you're getting rental assistance or you're getting some kind of help from a church.
Speaker 7: Churches do this stuff all the time.
Speaker 5: There is a personal connection there that I think makes it you have a sense of responsibility. Maybe some people they're always going to be people whose suck, right, I mean, they're going to try and work the system and never do anything instructive. I'm talking about everybody else who's just in a bad way. Yeah, you know, I agree with that.
Speaker 8: My concern even with that, though, that might come up and I have to think about this more, is I do worry about distortions of the private market that could happen that if you say, have Catholic charities or some other church entity that decides, you know what, we're going to go ahead and buy up a bunch of real estate properties and put them up for this kind of what the impact could be could still have some similar ripple effects in the market to a government coming in and doing something. It'd be better than that. Because I agree with you on what you just said, I won't repeat it. But I think there are always a little bit of a concern that you might have about distortions of the private market. But I think that can be addressed well enough. To justify churches to take this action themselves.
Speaker 5: I think the distortions are mitigated simply by the nature of the limits that are inherent on donor based housing or you know. I mean Catholic Charities is about to open a new property, but they have a finite set of resources.
Speaker 7: They can't just go to all of.
Speaker 5: Their parishioners te yeah, we're going to need an extra hundred, maybe a thousand bucks from each of you. That's not how it works. So there are natural limits on how much this point can be done. But you know, I'll know for any kind of creative solutions. I heard Ross had a couple of guests on his show because Littleton is trying to upsize certain parts of Littleton and neighbors are pushing back. I think that when a charity tries to do something to increased affordable housing, you may have pushed back from mediate neighbors who are laboring under the impression that somehow this is going to be you know, horrible. But I think they can get it done in a quieter way. I hate to say it like that, but in a quieter way that by the time everybody goes, oh, we've got you know, two families living in this now duplex or whatever it's kind of the neighborhood can absorb it.
Speaker 8: I would say also, one thing that is in favor of more of this kind of involvement from churches is that I think one of the reasons that we have seen over the decades such an expansion of the welfare state is because many churches have sort of pulled back and thought, you know what, the government is willing and able to do more of this, so we'll let them. And then that causes all kinds of problems that you don't have when churches people of faith are providing services for the poor.
Speaker 5: One of the things that people may not know about the United States of America is that as a as a country, the people of the United States of America donate more money to charity than the rest of the world combined combined. Think about when the tsunami hit in Indonesia, Americans dipped into their own pockets and donated more money to that cause than most other governments sent Because they rely on their government for everything, so it doesn't occur to them that they should be there to pick up the slack. And that's one of the things I love about Americans. They show over and over time and time again that when the government fails us, your neighbors, your friends, the people in your community, they're going to be the ones that are going to solve the problem. And that's why I think this would be a fantastic idea. Obviously, not every church is capable. Some churches are very very small, and they operate on very thin margins. But I would love to see more of this. I would love to see it made easier for churches and you know, the faith based nonprofits or even other nonprofits to basically say, you know what, we're going to throw up some affordable housing here. We're going to run this ten you an apartment complex, and we're going to make sure that it stays where people can pay for it. Jimmy Sangenberger, good to see you, my friends. Thank you very much, Mandy. I'm sure we'll see you again as we continue to talk about the dumpster fire of the school situation.
Speaker 9: I know more.
Speaker 7: Thanks for stopping, men, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: The question about whether or not churches should provide housing, and I got a couple different respects here, Mandy. Oh wait a minute, hang, I'll get that next, Hi, Mandy, dagnabit. Hang on, Mandy, many churches know who needs a hand and who needs a kick in the pants. Yes they do. Here's a different side of this, Mandy. Our church in downtown four Collins did overnight shelters for the homeless. The homeless hung around during the day and caused people that we rented the space to during the day to go elsewhere. Our church is now a vacant lot because we cannot afford to cover the costs to support the expenses without the rent income. There you go, There you go, Mandy. Hello. In my opinion, should homes have these rules? Number one can only be owned by an individual. Number two can only be owned by a US citizen. Number three US citizens can own no more than three homes. In my opinion, this would take homes away from non human entities. This would allow people to own multiple homes for rent and travel and such. Would remove homes from major wealth building. Based on your show today, it sounds like this country needs to do some navel gazing on our goals to be rich and powerful and get back to promoting family and community atmospheres. Just a thought. Sorry for the long text. Love your show. Thanks I disagree with the notion we should limit how many homes that an individual can can buy. I know a lot of people who in retirement live entirely off their income from rental properties that they have acquired over the years. Now, if you're talking about corporate ownership of houses, where where they own so many houses in an area that they create a massive distortion and almost a monopoly on rental prices, then I think we need to address that. We definitely need to address that. I think that perhaps limiting how many homes that one rental investment firm can own in a certain area might be a good start, But I'm not sure what that number is, and I'm not sure how many homes in each area that's the issue. The issue was partly that rents go with whatever people are willing to pay, and as long as they're willing to pay these exorbitant rents in certain areas when an area is desirable, then yeah, you're going to have higher rents, and that's going to lead to higher home prices, and that's going to lead to higher mortgages.
Speaker 7: But ultimately, if you.
Speaker 5: Just stick around and put democratic leadership in charge, you will make your state and city so unlikable that you drop from number nine on U Haul's infloat chart to number forty like Colorado has. So I mean it's not unreasonable to think that rent prices would drop if new people are not moving here and droves like they were, and they're not uh mandy. When government is involved, it makes it less charitable. There's an attitude of the government will take care of it. Luckily, in the USA, we still have some charity left. And I will say this, I think that when people get government money, they don't make the connection that it is taking it out of the pockets of their friends and neighbors and putting it into theirs. I think that because of the sanitized nature of the transaction, meaning that we have the US government as a middleman, or state and local governments as a middleman, you've now laundered that money. So the person receiving it, if they choose, can simply not think about the fact that they are living on someone else's hard work, that they are living on the sweat and tears and dedication of someone else. Sometimes you have to rely on that, and I hope it's temporary. See, I would like to have just a little bit of shame brought back to government assistants. I don't want people to walk around in sack cloth and ashes and feel terrible about themselves. It's not what I'm asking, but it should be uncomfortable. You should be embarrassed to live on government aid. And I think too many people have no shame at all in taking money from someone else for that very reason. Mandy limiting how many homes investment firms can own is that people own those investment firms, mostly people who have four oh one k's rots I rays. I understand that, I absolutely understand, But let me put it like this. Let's just say the cap is you cannot own, as a private company, one individual company with this set of you know, board members, you can only own fifteen percent of the homes in one certain DMA in a real estate market. Then that large company has a responsibility to go and find houses elsewhere. I'm not saying they can't own more houses. I'm saying they can't own more houses than a certain percentage in any specific real estate market. So they can continue to do what they're doing. But you've got to protect the market somehow, and I don't know how you do that in a free economy. Other than to say, Okay, you know what, you can do this up to this point, but now we got to have enough houses, And I mean, I don't know how that looks. If ten corporate overlords come into one area and they all buy that, I don't know how that works.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm.
Speaker 5: Spitballing here, throwing stuff against the wall. But I don't know how to fix the problem other than to build more. But with all of the requirements that have been put on builders in the last ten years, building a house is far more expensive than it used to be. And until they do construction defects reform that changes the way people are able to sue in a condo defects case, we're not going to get any new because the insurance to ensure those builders has now become prohibitively expensive to make those units affordable at the end, I mean, all of those costs just get passed into the cost of building. We have big problem. Like I said, I'm spitballing. I'm open to suggestions, Totally open to suggestions. So yeah, George Freddie just texted me about a news report that was in Ross's show. I heard Ross address that and correct the record on that as well, and what happens in Ross's show doesn't really have anything to do with me. So uh, you might have said that during Ross's show and it just came through when we get back. First of all, I can't believe it's turney two o'clock. Let's talk about some of the stuff that the Democrats are going to do in the next legislative session, because some of them suck really badly. I also want to talk.
Speaker 7: About the lie of my ultitasking.
Speaker 5: Jesse Thomas, do you believe you can multitask?
Speaker 7: It's a lie, a.
Speaker 5: Rod Do you believe you can multitask?
Speaker 7: Yes, No, it's a lie.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you. I'll tell you what you're doing, but it's not multitasking. In the next hour, stick Around The.
Speaker 1: Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: And Dona.
Speaker 2: Koam got.
Speaker 3: The noisy through Ray Many, Coronald Keithing, sad Thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the third hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connall. That guy over there is Anthony Rodriguez. We call him a rod And if you have not looked at the blog today. It's got some very interesting stories, including the minifestos. I like that minifesto. I mean, it's the serious thing. I shouldn't make light of it. But the Green Beret who killed himself and set off an explosion in a Tesla truck had made some notes on his phone that have now been released by investigators, and they're just very, very sad. And I heard or I mentioned in the first part of the show that because he didn't kill anybody else, I don't have to be angry at him. I can just feel just a wave of pity. But this guy was a patriot who's worried about where the country is going, worried about the fact that we're fat and can't join the military and we're probably going to war with Iran and China and who knows who else by twenty thirty, and that the United States is being run by people who were only invested in their own riches and enriching themselves. And I hate to say it, I think he's right. I put a link to both of those documents on the blog today. I would urge you to go ahead and read it, because did you hear about this anywhere else? The only way I heard about it is manifesto shows he's a Trump supporter. That was all they took from it, and some of it is just heartbreaking. This line is just haunting me. He said, why did I personally do it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I needed to cleanse my mind of the brothers I've lost and relieve myself of the burden of the lives I took. That sentence is just incredibly sad. So we now know more about that guy. But that's on the blog today. I've got a couple of things on the blog that I want to get to right now. One of them the case against bike lanes. Now, I think we can all agree, if you're a driver, that there is nothing more infuriating than finding out that a road that is generally clogged anyway is going to be narrowed to make room for bike lanes. But we're told bike lanes save lives. Mandy, you heartless bastard. Why don't you just understand that bike lanes save lives. So I read this column by a young man named Frank Lehners Laners Lenners. Sope I got that right. Frank. He happens to be a bicyclist, an actual bicyclist uses his bike to go all over the place and loves it. He's actually worked in various ways to make biking more popular. He's a big bike he loves bicycling. This isn't a casual bike rider like you know I would be. And in this column and I would urge you to read it because it's very very good. He makes really rational, evidenced based suggestions that say bike lanes are not the way to go. What is the way to go to make byl bicyclists more safe, bicyclist education and teaching them how to integrate into the roadway without an expectation of having the lane completely free for themselves, because that's not usually how it works out. It's a very very good column. And I thought to myself, you know, this is the kind of our it needs to be made. Of course, it won't matter at all. I mean, it's not gonna matter one little bit that he was on the board of the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition and the San Diego Bicycle Club.
Speaker 4: Now that won't matter.
Speaker 5: It's it's incredible how much of what government is doing right now is just to give the impression that politicians are somehow better than we are in terms of knowing what we should do, of having the answers, of not asking enough questions. You know European cities which are super cool. They have lots of people riding bicycles, but most of them don't have bike lanes. The bicyclist just pay attention to what's going on around them. He does a great job also of talking about bicycle culture over all. And it really is a fantasy to think that we here in Denver, Colorado, where we have four seasons, are about to get more snow tonight it's cold as hell, are going to have the same bicycle culture as a place like San Diego, where the weather is beautiful every single day except maybe five throughout the year. And I'm not kidding. San Diego has the most perfect weather ever, so much so that it's almost boring. Oh look, another beautiful day in San Diego. Great.
Speaker 7: Fine, It's okay.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong. If you want to ride your bicycle, I want you to be safe while you're doing it. But I've also been the frustrated motorists behind the bicyclist who obviously isn't paying attention, obviously doesn't care that they've got twelve cars stacked up behind them as they're riding, half in the lane and half not. We all share the road together, but by C lanes are not going to make it better. Please read that editorial and commit it to memory. Good news, everybody, Good news. We have managed to finally persuade people Colorado is not the place they want to be.
Speaker 7: Nope, you Haul. Every single year, you Haul puts out a.
Speaker 5: Report and they this year this was two point five million moves, and they release a list of where people are moving to and where people are moving from. Now, you of course recognize that in order to have a thriving, vibrant state, it's good to have a good flow of immigrants bringing new ideas, new energy to the economy of our state. And Colorado has been really, really, really good in these rankings for a very long time, usually in the top ten. For a few years.
Speaker 7: We were in the top three. Last year, not so much.
Speaker 5: Colorado had the largest drop on the U HAUL ratings, following from number nine in twenty twenty three to number forty in twenty twenty four. So where are people moving to? South Carolina and Texas, followed by North Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee, Indiana, Oklahoma. Do you you know what's funny about all of those places?
Speaker 6: What is there?
Speaker 5: What is their political leadership?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Let me just give you the top five and the bottom five to really clarify it for you. The top five go like this, number five, Tennessee, number four, Florida, number three, North Carolina, number two Texas, number one, South Carolina. Bottom five. This means more people moved out of these areas than moved in. Bottom five number fifty California for the fifth year in a row. Number forty nine, Massachusetts, number forty eight, New Jersey number forty seven, New York number forty six, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 7: Who runs those dates.
Speaker 5: We're beginning to see a pattern, and Colorado, in its quest to out California, California and out New York. New York is rapidly, rapidly moving into the bottom five. Now their number forty. They only dropped thirty one spots this year. I bet we can do better next year, be even lower, fewer people moving in. Think about you, guys, Think about everything Colorado has to offer.
Speaker 7: Think about how gorgeous it is.
Speaker 5: Think about the fact that we just came through a month of winter where we were like fifty degrees and sunny a vast majority of those days. The mountains, the hot springs, the vary natures of our landscape. And we're now losing people to South Carolina, to Tennessee, to Texas, North Carolina, Florida because the Democrats have made it so miserable to live here. How sad is that, especially for a guy who wants to be president, and all this happened on his watch. By the way, I went to get eggs yesterday. Still nothing, still nothing.
Speaker 4: Would you like to know how much I just spent on eggs?
Speaker 6: Do tell?
Speaker 5: I spent a lot on eggs anyway? Because I usually buy pasture rays, but they're not even available right now.
Speaker 4: So, big old box of sixty eggs? How much do you think that costs now?
Speaker 5: I know it costs like seven forty nine at one point at Costco.
Speaker 7: What is it now?
Speaker 4: Sixty eggs thirty dollars?
Speaker 5: Shut up, yep, shut the front door.
Speaker 6: Sixty eight eggs, thirty dollars, about two of them? Sixty bucks, one hundred and twenty eggs sixty bucks. Holy Larry, Yeah, I was pressed otherwise, was shopped around, but I had them to get them right then and there for a New Year's thing we were doing and had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: I went to my housice second Walmart because the first one they were all out.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went to my favorite King Supers and there was a guy with eggs on the cart, you know what I mean. And I was like, what do you got there? I'm over there, like what do you got because there's nothing in the case. He's like, well, I got these organic cage free. I'm like, I guess they'll have to do so you don't have to do my pasture raised right now. So I called one of my friends and asked what the egg situation is in Florida. Ay Rod asked me what the egg situation is? The egg situation is said, it's fine.
Speaker 7: Why are you even asking? But I'm sure it's nationwide.
Speaker 5: I'm sure. There you go positive, that's that's what's going on there. Okay, I got a bunch of stuff on the blog. I'm going to try and get to you here, but I want to talk about this for just a moment. The multitasking story on the blog Multitasking is a complete and total lie. We as human beings, are not capable of focusing on one thing more than wait a minute, we can't focus on more than one thing at a time, And I love this name for it. Okay, so, uh, multitasking is not really a thing, but what we do is a thing that one researcher a writer has named continuous partial attention. What we're doing is just rapidly switching from task to task. Now, lest you think this woman is is some kind of Ninka poop, She's spent her career at Apple and Microsoft watching how humans interact with technology, and while she would consider walking and chewing gum at the same time simple multitasking, she.
Speaker 7: Says focusing on more than one thing at a time usually just leads to disaster.
Speaker 5: A study of doctors, for example, found multitasking almost double mistakes in writing prescriptions, and the researcher Stone says, the smartphone is amazing, there's so many things we can do, one of the most seductive tools ever we've had in our hands. And yet what happens to the body. Our net goes down, our posture, we lose it, we lose our ability to breathe properly. So what she says is focus on one thing at a time, I've been trying the concept and this is not new I'm not breaking new ground here, but of block scheduling myself in the morning, trying to get more efficient, and it's really just a mind game I'm playing with myself, and block scheduling is where you say, for these three hours, I'm going to do the blog just bam, and for three hours, that's all I do. I don't get distracted by anything else. It actually puts this weird pressure on me because I have a deadline, even though it's a completely solved most deadline, and it wouldn't really matter if I didn't hit the deadline in the grand scheme of things. But I'm trying to get better because what I find myself doing is getting distracted, and that is not because then I go down this rabbit hole or that rap.
Speaker 7: It's usually you know what happens.
Speaker 5: I'm reading about a story and then I go, oh, I want to know whatever the backstory here is, and then I go to that story, and then I go to another, and then like an hour and a half later, I don't even know how I got to where I am.
Speaker 6: No clue.
Speaker 5: So anyway, no multitasking ladies and germs make multitasking a thing of the past. I think it's just another way to throw more stuff on our plates that they probably won't pay us for, no matter what job you have, Mandy, I live in rural Colorado. Two weeks ago, they were six forty five a dozen. Now they're only five point fifteen a dozen. Who boy, Yeah, you can't focus on taking a left turn. I'm on a busy street while carrying on a conversation. Who else turns the radio down when you are trying to follow directions?
Speaker 4: I love to say I can't see.
Speaker 5: It just helps you think. Because our brains, they're pretty simple creatures, don't train over extent yours. This person disagrees, Mandy can't multitask. That's bs driving in traffic and talking to your passenger getting directions from them. Sure, there are situations that require more attention while driving or parking.
Speaker 6: I'm also literally multitasking right now by saying this on airon texting the text line saying I'm literally multitasking right now, man, that's big l Wait, let me just confirm that it came through on the Kyle text one. Of course it has five six six nine zero. Think you common spirit health and waiting for received and look at that. I'm literally multitasking right now. Just came through on the text line. That's uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: But see doing neither of them well, that's that's really the problem.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: Both were terrible.
Speaker 6: Well one of them felled everything right, but I sounded like an idiot on airy.
Speaker 5: Okay, A couple of things I want to draw your attention to on the blog. First of all, video that a Rod sent me today.
Speaker 7: That is hilarious.
Speaker 5: It's a man paying a woman to do things his wife won't do, and it's worth your time. It's at the bottom of the blog today, very bottom of the blog. I also, just for fun, I have a video of our president, Joe Biden. I can't play it on the air.
Speaker 4: Square. Yeah does he really? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, whoa oh yeah. Me being the oldest president, I know more world leaders than any one of you have ever met in your whole blank blank life. Yeah, he's going out strong, going out by the way, in the last flurry of activity. His staff, who is actually running the country, because you know, he has no clue what's going on, they're passing a whole bunch of stuff. He just banned any drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm sure, uh yeah, he's really really going out with a bang or his staff is, I should say, because God knows he's not doing anything productive. There's a very good story on the new law that was passed in Colorado that allows high school students to determine what their name should be at school, and then the schools are required by law to call the students by their chosen name, and they don't have to tell their parents about it. Now, I'm about to do something that, as a parent, I'm kind of horrified about, but I'm going to tell my daughter to do it too. I want every high school kid to pick the most absurd name they could think of and demand to be called that absurd name.
Speaker 7: And I was thinking about this a rod, like what would I name the Q?
Speaker 5: Okay, so the Q is in high school thinking something like, uh, let me see here, let me see I'm gonna make our lady, you know, like a proper lady, like Lady.
Speaker 7: Q of the Mansion.
Speaker 5: I am just something completely ridiculous, rainbow in the lady Rainbow, Yes, Lady Rainbow of the manner. Okay, so yes and demand Yes, I'd like you to refer to me as Lady Rainbow of the manner, but.
Speaker 6: At the end, make sure you put the second so that way they think you're crazy second because you're the original. Whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, they probably already think I'm a little touched. It's okay, Lady Rainbow of the manor the second, and and demand that every teacher call them the most absurd ridiculous honor the honorable You're right, yeah, the honorable, Yeah, the honorable lady. That the honorable. It'll be like Tay Anderson just giving himself an honorific the honorable Lady Rainbow of the manor the second. And because this law is so so ridiculous that I want kids to point out to the adults how stupid it actually is. What if a kid comes in tomorrow and goes, ma'am. From now on, I've decided my name is going to be yo mama, and then for the rest of the year, which yo mama is you want to say something, Yo mama. This is just another example of government getting in between parents and kids. That's all it is. I am so sick of the people in Denver at the legislature in the Gold Dome, rushing rushing children into transitioning so they can be permanent medical patients for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited they keep doing that. And that's what this is.
Speaker 5: Studies have shown a children are affirmed. If their new gender is affirmed socially, almost all of them move on to medical transformation later. And I don't even think, like, my daughter is certainly not gender confused. But even if your kids aren't, I say, we all just ask our kids to go buy a different name and just be like you, well, I have your back. I fully have your back on this. And if the school colls me and says we're having a problem, no, no, no, you created the problem. We're just exploiting the problem. It's it would be fantastic. This is the kind of stuff that I would not do when I was in high school because I was a real goodie goody. But I would plant the seed in the minds of people that I knew would do it. I was basically like a Machiavelian, Hey, you know what we should do? And then I would never do it, but they would because it seemed like a good idea. The way I let I read, Oh you know what a news story today CNBC McDonald's rolls back, Dee I goals, huh weird, holl that's happening. Maybe they're going to focus on making food affordable again. That would be nice. Mandy. I wish to be called your excellency. Oh ooh, that's good, Your excellency.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, your excellency.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine, like at graduation, walking across see stage and having someone saying, I'm now Summa cum Laudie Awards go to your excellency. Anyway, Mandy, I'd like to be called who's your daddy? There you go, Mandy. You already call your daughter que? How much weird? How much more can it get? Okay? They don't call her que at school? Princess can swil a banana hammock of course. Phoebe's fake name, Joey's fake name. Do you did?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: You hate friends, don't you? Cause you don't get it correct? Yep, too bad, Joey's fake name. Ken Adams, you got to have a lot of weird letters in there and just say they're all silent letters and wait, wait, what if you change your name to something like one of those names from like an African tribe where they just use clicks and.
Speaker 10: Like that.
Speaker 5: You know, what could you imagine? Like, excuse me, ma'am, I'd like to be going like that, let him fly with it. Yeah, I'm gonna that.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna need that.
Speaker 5: Mandy. I changed my name to mister Barkie von Schnauzer Mandy. They should pick an up scene name I would Yeah, yeah, Dingle Berry that's always good.
Speaker 7: Would you go by Dingle or mister Barry.
Speaker 5: Mandy. I think every student in each class should demand to be called by the exact same name, including surname. Oh my gosh, so you've got a whole class of kids that want to be called Anthony Rodriguez. That would be magical.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is the kind of you.
Speaker 5: Know, resistance that I can get behind. Did you know? Says this texter that kids in Jefferson County are already coming to school justsed as dogs and cats. See, But you're not supposed to talk about that because Kyle Clark will come after you, and after he tells you that's not happening, only to find out it is happening, he will tell you that you're a horrible person for picking on kids who are just different. That's how that whole arc goes, how do we know we already did this?
Speaker 6: That's what you're saying is it'll be all bark and no bite exactly dogs com Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Am your servant. Would be good to Mandy. I want to be called the lady, Mandy. I was fired from my job. I demand to be an emeritus and that of course. On Tay Anderson's social media, Tay Anderson is the guy who did a brief, brief, thank god, stint on the Denver Public school Board. Absolute racist, horrible person, always tries to destroy people personally when he disagrees with their policies, and he has named himself a school board member emeritus because he's under the misguided conclusion that he did something worthy of remembering. I mean, I guess he did. He took the SROs out of school so made it easier for kids to bring guns to school and shoot people. I mean, that's great job. Ooh, Turfer, that would be a good one. No relation to Nick Fergus and joining us in four minutes, Mandy, How well does this work when the sixteen year old girl wants the forty five year old male teacher to call her sexy? Could you imagine.
Speaker 2: Wow me.
Speaker 5: Now, how about your royal highness on your high horse? That's me. I only sit on the highest of horses. Mandy, I want to be called trip around the world. Sure, my daddy, that would be good. I need you to call me daddy from now on. Yeah, yeah, yep, yep. Let's see trying to find if there's anything else in here, but you guys are getting it. So if you have kids, let's go and stir up some civil disobedience. And civil is the real word here. Change my name to christ is King. Watch heads explode. Oh that is a passive aggressive way to use God to make a point. Mandy, I'd like to be called in time for dinner. Who wouldn't really change your name to something Irish like Chavon or Suarse and then make the teacher spell it. That's just mean. My dad called me Farcourt p Harkin Farker Junior. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Like E's kids, right with the weird letters.
Speaker 5: Somebody actually put that Mandy new name a the second yes or pain in the ass. He points out hers is tiny whinom? What if the kid walks in tomorrow and goes, hey, you know what I want to be called from now on Bud Wiser.
Speaker 7: First name, Bud, last name Wiser. That's what I want to be called.
Speaker 4: And then I'm looking for Wiser, Bud Wiser.
Speaker 5: Exactly, Mandy. There was a Monty Python sketch where the guy's name was spelled out as a luxury yacht. But when he was asked, I was pronounced he said through blah blah. Mangrove today says this Texter, and I'll let them have the last word on this topic. I shall forever be known as sexual chocolate. That's a throwback as well. When TV was great, our movies were great. I guess I should say a couple more stories that I want to hit on the blog really quickly. The Denver City Council has three women who are so desperate to normalize little children seeing people shoot up street drugs that they are trying to expand the needle program in Denver.
Speaker 7: This is a program that gives.
Speaker 5: Out not just needles, oh no, no, the harm reduction people have now expanded their offerings, whereas harm reduction was sold to most people, as we're going to give needles to drug addicts who otherwise would share needles and then share diseases like hepatitis and AIDS, which is true.
Speaker 7: I guess HIV technically, which is true. But now we've moved on.
Speaker 5: Now now we are giving out glass pipes to smoke meth with. Sure, why not? Heck yeah, harm reduction for everybody.
Speaker 7: Let's party.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 5: The denver is that rightly points out in an editorial that this is just dumb. Harm reduction has been an epic, massive failure, and we need to not make it easier to do drugs. We need to make it harder to lie on the streets after you've done drugs. I'm just a novel thought. Nick Ferguson making himself a known in the studio. That purple looks very good on you, very good. It's a good color for you, that nice eggplant purple.
Speaker 10: Thank you. It is actually my favorite color. And I wore today because I wanted to see if oh no, if Ryan there was scared. Notice the difference between salmon and actually will purple.
Speaker 5: See now, salmon is going to be in the pink family. But that is definitely like a vibrant purple. You got on right there. Egg Plant was kind of it is. Eggplant and salmon are the two appropriate names for these colors. But we are speaking to a lot of men who really don't understand that purple comes in shades and that pink can be salmon.
Speaker 4: I get it. That's a good purple.
Speaker 5: It is a good purple.
Speaker 2: Strap he U.
Speaker 4: If he confused that for salmon, I'm walking out.
Speaker 7: Did he give you a crap about your salmon shirt?
Speaker 10: Yes? Why?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 5: I love Ryan. I love me some Ryan. If you're not going I was gonna say, we're not going to look to him necessarily, much like I wouldn't expect me to look I wouldn't expect people to look at me. I buy my clothes at Costco a lot. Okay, so this role with it, you know. I yeah, I am not a person. I'm not a fashion plate at all. Even though I did watch the Golden Globes last.
Speaker 7: Night just to see the dresses. Oh it was kind of disappointed.
Speaker 10: Nothing look, you know, full transparent. I like ballroom dancing because of the fashion. Like you, I do watch Awards shows just to see how people to dress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun, I mean just to see what people are wearing, because God knows, I haven't seen any of the shows that they're getting Awards for although I had last night I watched like four awards.
Speaker 7: I had seen all of the shows.
Speaker 5: And I was like, yeah, I was like, I'm done.
Speaker 7: I'm turning this off right now.
Speaker 5: Before I break the streak. So's it was fine? Oh really really quickly.
Speaker 10: I ran into your husband last night on the sideline.
Speaker 5: Yes, literally ran into him because he would take you out there. I mean, yes, literally, that's what happened. Yeah, he was. He worked a parabolic yesterday for the game and the second half he was on. I don't know if I should say this, like, are there parabolic like confidentiality agreements.
Speaker 4: Kinda depending on what you're gonna say, so.
Speaker 5: I should not say that. Perhaps someone who shall remain nameless, who might have been working on the sidelines doing something unnamed, might have heard one of the coaches from the Kansas City Chiefs at the beginning of the second quarter just go can we just get this over with that?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so their heart was not in that game yesterday, but I don't care. We're going back to the playoffs. Nick Ferguson, Yes we are.
Speaker 10: And I came in the building today and someone was asking me did I go out and celebrate? I said, well, you know what, in my teen year period, I've been to the playoffs at least five or six times, So I didn't.
Speaker 5: Go out there and do anything reckless.
Speaker 4: But I'm happy the.
Speaker 10: Broncos are finally trying to rewrite the book and get themselves back.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to say it, Okay, we all thought rebuilding year, rookie quarterback, we're looking for you. If we're eight and eight, nine and seven, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: A Q year.
Speaker 5: Now we're in the playoffs, and now I'm like, crap, we got to go to Buffalo. This is not my favorite place to play, especially in the winter during a freaking polar vortex or whatever. Yes, well I'm not getting crazy. Okay, No, eat more wings. Eat more wings.
Speaker 2: To show those.
Speaker 5: Buffalo people that we're not scared of their wings, their history at the Anchor bar, all that crap.
Speaker 7: We don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 10: You know, Manny, what you speak of only elevates the level of expectations.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to manage my own expectations because currently all the pressure's on Buffalo because nobody thinks we're gonna win, you know, I mean, we're basically playing on borrowed You know, we got exactly That's exactly what I was going to say. You've probably been on teams like that before, though, where nobody expected to How much does that play into it? Do you really feel sort of a sense of relief going into an underdog because the expectations are lower, because I think last time I heard Ross say it was like the lines like eight and a half maybe, so that's a pretty good spread for a playoff game. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 10: There's no pressure on the Broncos because they were not supposed to be here. No one predicted them to be at this particular point. And it's all Bufalo because they've had issues over the years getting past Kansas City. And Josh Allen is in the MVP conversation, Yeah, you lose to the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 6: That's bad.
Speaker 5: That is very, very very bad. So it's exciting. We don't know, do we know what day?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Saturday or Sunday? Says, so we got a full week, yes, not.
Speaker 7: Rehearsal, it is.
Speaker 4: The line was as high as I've seen it as nine. Now it's down to eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, Hi, Mandy Nick's hat yesterday was great. What hat you were yesterday? You have so many that you don't even remember.
Speaker 10: I don't know the exact name of the hat itself, but people call it peaky biding, like.
Speaker 5: A NewsCap, a newsboy cap. Chuck has one of those. I really like. I't exactly what was the name.
Speaker 7: Proper names.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to bring back hat wearing because in Europe, like, all the people wear hats there, and I bought the most dynamite hat, but I forgot to wear it. I should today. What'd been a perfect day for me to wear my hat, but I can't get head from when we're in a black sweater. It would go perfectly with what I have on today. Not that motivated anyway, Mandy. School names, we're talking about this. There's a new law in Colorado that if your kids go to school tomorrow and say I would like to be called super califragilistic xplidocious, the school is required by law to honor their chosen name. What goes with the pronouns? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's all part of it?
Speaker 5: Why are we doing this? Well, I'm doing it so I can send my daughter to school tomorrow and ask to be called the honorable Lady, Rainbow of the Man or the second.
Speaker 4: By the way, it looks like there's a lot of different names for it, newsboy.
Speaker 6: Cap, baser boy, cat cap, but flat cap looks to be When you say.
Speaker 5: A newsboy cap, everybody's gonna know what you're talking about. Yes, yeah, yeah, but it is definitely a newsboy cap.
Speaker 10: That is the thing.
Speaker 5: I now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind.
Speaker 7: Whoa a little soccer flavor to it out that day?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: What is our dad joke of the day? Please?
Speaker 4: Well this just didn't just saw this news story.
Speaker 6: A mummy covered in chocolate and nuts has been discovered in Egypt.
Speaker 5: Wait, a mummy covered with chocolate and nuts.
Speaker 4: Archaeologists believe it may be Pharaoh rochet. Okay, that's super dumb and I love that one.
Speaker 5: That was a good one. What is our word of the day.
Speaker 4: This doesn't tell me the kind of word it is.
Speaker 2: Let me just double check.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's a noun that's non parvenu.
Speaker 5: P a r v n u.
Speaker 4: A parvenu sounds like something you do in the bathroom. You should get that checked out.
Speaker 5: It's something you're really good at that's your parvenue.
Speaker 6: Okay, Nick, think that, but like the opposite, just get just not just not know it's your weirdness. It an upstart, somebody who's suddenly rich but doesn't fit into their.
Speaker 5: New social status, like the Beverly Hillbillies. Yeah, okay there, Yeah, Well, today's trivia question. What is the difference between a lamb and sheep? I mean a lamb is a baby sheep? Right, So what do they when they turn one? Do they turn into a lamb? When did they turn into a sheep? Is like a weight thing? Or is it? Because with pigs it's it's a weight thing before they go from a pig to a hog. So a lamb is a baby sheep. After one year of life, a lamb becomes a sheep.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 5: How is ridiculously obvious?
Speaker 4: Easy?
Speaker 5: Right there? Hang on me, Nick? All right?
Speaker 7: What is our jeopardy category?
Speaker 4: Word?
Speaker 10: Up?
Speaker 2: Word?
Speaker 6: All We'll start with up. To transfer information from your computer to one another.
Speaker 7: What is upload?
Speaker 4: It's the general cost of maintaining a hume ranny.
Speaker 5: What's upkeeper? Sorry, Nick, I'm gonna smoke you on this one.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 6: You got this pre bump into first class for your flight, your name.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 6: Theater can mean to take the focus from another actor. What is upstage correct? And for this weep to censure or criticize someone not start pigtails from the bottom.
Speaker 5: What is upbraiding? Upbraid.
Speaker 10: That's the one thing that sucks about doing this, he is I'm conflicted in my brain because I am I want to say the answer yeah and my name simultaneously.
Speaker 5: No, you gotta just shout out Nick. And here's the thing. The more you do this, the better at it you get. Ryan is one multiple days as late because he comes in every day. The more you do it, the better you get at It's like it's like football, Nick. The more you do it, the better you get at it. The more you play of the day, the better you get at you'll be ready for the super Bowl of the day. Has never actually occurred.
Speaker 4: And the walking, the fast walking competition that you still do need to have.
Speaker 3: My knee is.
Speaker 5: Actually feel it feels really good.
Speaker 7: I'm just afraid to do a thing with it.
Speaker 5: I got a torn miniscus that's not sort of like in that well maybe it doesn't hurt right now then twice, but they're basically like you know, don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's too.
Speaker 10: Don't do physical activity on it because right now.
Speaker 7: My whole thing is that I don't even run anymore, and I have a run in years. But it was at the point where it's hurting all the time.
Speaker 5: Now it's not hurting at all. But I just wear a knee brace when I work out, like when I lift weights and stuff, I wear a knee brace, so it feels okay. So I'm almost like, I don't want to hurt it again, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you do with that?
Speaker 5: You can't go through the rest of life cautious because of that?
Speaker 10: Well, you you definitely want to be cautious as it pertains to that, because have you ever had surgery for yours? Now?
Speaker 5: You don't want it? No, I know that.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's kind of why I'm like a little bit. I'm a little bit skittish. But like I said, feels great right now. Everything is doing right now, is working just fine. So speedwalking maybe back on for the spring. I'll be practicing anyway. We're gonna make room. We got Koa Sports coming up next. I will be back tomorrow for another exciting show. Because everybody's back from vacation and there's finally news again. Keep it right here on the blue torch of the Rockies KOA