Speaker 1: Karen, Yes, is it just me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's not just me never. Okay, it might actually be just me. But are we seriously overdue for a good old fashioned mind expanding, soul shaking, quantum jumping conversation? Yes we are, We are right overdue. Well, we are in luck because our guest today she's like Abraham Hicks, Oh, doctor Joe Despenza, and your favorite yoga teacher all mixed in together.
Speaker 2: Wow, why is in bendy?
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought of it that way, nor did I mean it that way, but I guess it makes sense. But she also happens to run leadership academies, and she's the host of a metaphysical TV show as well.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's spent over twenty years diving into the deep end of spirituality, personal development, and science. And spoiler alert, she didn't just find all the answers. She actually rewrote some of the questions.
Speaker 2: I love that, I know me too.
Speaker 1: She's got a book endorsed by names like Michael Beckwith and Anita Mujani. She talks about banning reality with your thoughts, and she's got this way of explaining metaphysics that makes you go wait a second, how does that make sense? And am I the one creating this reality? To which the answer is, of course yes. Buckle up, buttercup, because if you've ever wanted to unlock the cheat codes of the universe without needing to move to a mountaintop or grow a third eye, this one is for you. My name is Will and unlike Boulder and Scully, so we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven of witches.
Speaker 2: And wait, you joined a coven yep, all on.
Speaker 1: The interests of finding something, anything that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the Skeptic Metaphysicians. Hey there on, Will thank you for coming back and hitting play on this episode of the Skeptic Motivisations. We are always thrilled to have you on board with us. Our guest today, well, she's a powerhouse of personal transformation and metaphysical magic. Her name is Chris Ashley and she is a coach, an author, a speaker, a podcast host and a TV host who has spent over two decades diving into the deep end of spirituality, science, and expanded consciousness. She's the author of Change Your Mind, to Change Your Reality. That this book was endorsed, like I mentioned, by spiritual heavy hitters like Michael Beckworth, Marcy Scheimoff, and Anita Mujani. And she's here to help us unlock the quantum code to living our high most aligned awakened lives. It's a big shoe to phil, but I know that she's going to do it because whether she's hosting her own TV show, Beyond Reality, leading retreats, or breaking down the law of attraction like a boss, Chris is all about empowering people to shift their inner world so that their outer world transforms. Chris Ashley, Welcome to the show. Great.
Speaker 3: I think that was the best introduction I've ever gotten. It's like, you do this professionally. No, that was amazing. I was over here like cracking up. You just called me and Joe Despenser across with Abraham Hicks.
Speaker 2: I'm like how You're like, yes I am.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, you got to own it, baby, You create your own reality. Right, this is I am in awe of all the things that you're doing, and I have a had a sneak peek at your show and it is wonderful. So the world is in for a treat and we couldn't be happier than we are to have you on the show. So thank you for saying yes.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so excited to be here. I love the work that you're doing in the world. It's amazing and I'm excited to.
Speaker 2: Be a part of it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We will dive into that in a little bit, but I really want to talk about the really exciting stuff like creating your own reality. Right, This is something that you are expert level at. The problem is that there is so much chitter chatter out there about how to do certain things that the message gets lost. So let's just dive right in the deep end of the woo. How can we create our reality that is aligned with our highest selves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's dive right into the biggest question.
Speaker 1: I love Welcome to Skeptic of Positions, Chrizy.
Speaker 3: I love it. And you know, I'm assuming your audience has a basic understanding of the law of attraction. But just in case they don't. We live in this intelligent universe that can bring us anything that we want or want to be, or want to do or want to have, and it knows how to do this in a really simple, straightforward way. Like as humans, we think we kind of complicate things, right, We think we have to go from A to B to C. We have to make one hundred thousand dollars this year to make two hundred thousand dollars next year. But the universe knows how to move us from A to Z, right, it knows how to move mountains. You just have to have the right formula. And like you said, you know, I love books and movies like The Secret that brought the Law of attraction to the masses. Like you said, I had three people from The Secret endorse my book. But what I think The Secret and a lot of you know, gurus out there are missing is they treat the law of attraction or the universe kind of like a genie in a bottle. Right, you just tell it what you want, then you kind of sit back, kick your feet up, and just like wait for it to drop into your lab. But there's actually a formula that you need to follow and it's not a complicated formula.
Speaker 1: We get a penhang on, hang on, Okay, I am ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you speak slowly.
Speaker 1: Right, Formulas and me don't mix, so I need to write it down otherwise I'm lost. So go ahead.
Speaker 3: We need like a whiteboard with a greechy marker. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's next on our but to buy list for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, I could see you in the background making formula. It's while Karen interviews. Yeah, you know, there's simple things. The first thing is it's so obvious, but a lot of people miss it. Is you have to know what you want, right. You have to get really clear on your vision. You have that, you have to have that north star. And so many people don't really know what they want. They'll say something like, oh, I want to have a lot of money, or you know, like I want happiness. But it's like money is a tool, right, It's a symbol of freedom or pride or adventure or peace of mind or whatever you want it to be. And it's not really money you want. It's like a specific thing, right. So it's about getting really clear on your visions. You have that north star, and then it's about fueling the emotions of having it already.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You mentioned doctor Joe Despenser. He talks about that he's the master at this, right, because if we can feel gratitude for having something that we don't have yet, it tricks our mind into believing that it's real, and we attract that into our life, and then we're on that frequency of gratitude, so we attract so much more things into our life that make us grateful. Right, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like that whole adage that says fake it to humique it. You got to fool day a dog. No, I am learning French.
Speaker 2: You talk about a dodges while eating pistachios.
Speaker 1: What you make in fun of me? I don't understand. That is how you say pistachios. That's how you say the words. So anyway, Chris, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I love it. I didn't understand what word you were saying either, And then I was like, oh, no.
Speaker 2: Fair, I'm helping provide clarity.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: Like banging up, right, No fair, we met, we hung, we like worked like this.
Speaker 1: Ye can't hold that against me though, that's not fair.
Speaker 2: We're guiding you.
Speaker 1: All right, fine your head person.
Speaker 3: But you know what, You're totally right. I love that phrase. Fake it to you make it. It's kind of like one of the secrets to unlocking all of this. But one of the big things that the Lava tra not sorry, the secret missed is you have to take action, right, You have to take steps towards your vision because action inspires the universe. Like right, you create a little bit of momentum, and the universe meets you where you're at and like wooshes you forward. And it doesn't have to be a big step, Like never underestimate the power of a small step. From one small step, you might meet people on your path who can help you further. You know, tools might appear to you that weren't there before, Opportunities might drop into your lap. So it's really about just taking that little bit of a step. And then it's about surrendering, letting go, trusting right that doors that didn't even exist will appear and unlock for you, and that pathways will open up. So that's the basic formula, and then there's a whole lot more to get into. But I'll pause and let you kind of ponder that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you said you were talking about being specific with what you want and how money is a tool and a lot of people don't know. But what if it is that you want to be happy? I mean, and you don't know necessarily what's going to make you happy, so it's hard to ask for that specific thing. You just want to feel that feeling. How do you put that out there? Girl?
Speaker 3: I gotta good answer for it. So there's this exercise that I love to do that helps people get clear on their vision. And this is going to be depending on when this airs. This might be a sneak peek, but otherwise you should come to this amazing summit. I heard about that new reality TV's putting on and you might learn more about this. But what I do is I have people divide their life into some in different categories, things like career, romantic relationships, relationships with everyone else, health, leisure, like what you do for your hobbies, tangibles, things you can touch and if I forgot one or two, you'll find them out at the summit. But I have people rate their life on a scale of one to ten in each of these areas and be really honest with themselves, because then they find that baseline and then they can measure where they go from there, right, So one is like horrible, miserable, you can't go on ten is like, oh my gosh, this is perfect. I'm living the dream, like nothing could make this better. And a lot of people are really surprised by how they rate these categories. And then what I have people do is say, Okay, you've got your rating. Now I want you to make a list of what you would need to rate each of these a ten out of ten, and like put your disbelief aside. Don't be like, oh, this can't happen, or oh I'm not going to make this happen until I like pay off my student loans or whatever it is, or put the kids through college. It's like no, just like put aside the critical analytical mind and just like let it flow from your heart, like what would make you rate each of those a ten out of toen And it's it's amazing how that helps you clarify your vision.
Speaker 1: I what I love about what you just said is you gave actionable steps to move that in the right direction. And that is why we are thrilled to have you on the show, because we knew that was going to happen.
Speaker 2: They're clear steps. It's not like, oh, how do I go about that? I pick the list? Yeah, and what would improve it? That's fantastic, thank you.
Speaker 1: So beyond the obvious, what would you say? Is the one thing that's holding most people back from creating their own reality.
Speaker 3: So there's the stat that I read recently that ninety percent of people don't achieve their dreams or their goals. And that is for two reasons. One because the first sign of adversity or maybe rejection, or maybe a little bump or failure, they just get. Number Two, they are so fearful to get started in the first place that they don't even begin. So I think lack of adaptability and resilience and then fear, and it all boils down to and I think this ties back to the amazing conversation Karen and I had. It all ties back to wanting to be loved. Because people are afraid that if they change, then the people in their lives might not love them right, or that other people will come at them with their opinions right, like the Internet trolls or whatever. Like they're so afraid of other people's opinions and failure. But it's really about like being afraid that you're not going to be loved whether you change or stay the same. So that's why it's really great to have amazing people in your life who support you and to not listen to those opinions online.
Speaker 2: Or those opinions people are brave behind their computers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, false bravery, right, but okay, so full disclosure. I have been doing all kinds of abundance activations and meditations, and I even created a meditation that I'm about to release also just to help cement everything. What I've been hearing from people is will I've been doing everything that you're talking about. I've been doing everything the right way. I've been listening to Abraham and Joe Despenza and all these teachers and been doing exactly what I'm being told to do, and yet nothing is coming. If someone follows your formula, how confident are you that things will come?
Speaker 3: So this is that second part where I was like, there's a lot more to unpack. That was the basic formula. And I'm really really glad that you asked this questions. It's a great question. If I were coaching that person, the first thing I would say is, let's look at our language. Right, this never happens, aren't coming right? Like our language is so important. Language we use when we speak, when we think, when we write right, they call it spelling because you're casting spells out. I don't know who made that up, but it's amazing and I steal it all the time. But it's so true, right because if you're I mean, we all know these people that are like, oh, good, things never happen, or like this always happens to me, or things always go wrong, and then it's like things always go wrong, right, like they always go wrong. So getting your language laser tight is the first thing I would say to those people. But there are some things that can block the law of attraction from happening, and a lot of it has to do with repressed emotions. Right, if we are holding on to things like anger or guilt or shame. Not only do these things stay in our bodies and they can cause emotional stress, they can cause physical disease, but they also create this filter through which we view the world. So if you're you're viewing everything through this lens of anger, and that seeps into your manifesting, right, it's that unconscious that Joe Despenser likes to talk about. Second forgiveness is a really big thing. It's something I talk about probably more than anything these days, because if you're holding onto grudges, that's poison, right, and holding onto poison only hurts you. And it's that same thing. It's going to seep through your unconscious and then your belief systems. Right especially kids before the age of seven, they're in theta brain wave mode. They're just downloading. They're programmable. So the opinions of the adults you grew up around cultural conditioning, that teacher that said you're a great singer, but you're not good at math, you know, whatever, it is. All of that becomes your inner voice, your lens through which you view the world, and it creates your thoughts, which create your emotions, which create your reality. So it's about changing your story, changing your perspective, kind of unlearning all of these things so that you can be free to manifest and not think that there's like some unconscious program running which can sabotage you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting that you mentioned grudges because I really hadn't thought about that, but thinking about it now, you know, you get into a quarrel with somebody and then they go off on their merry way and you're just really pissed at them, and you hold on to that, and it eats at you and it's almost like a like you almost wear it like a pride, like ha. Meanwhile, they could care less. They're off doing their thing, happy as a clam. And yet it's making you have all the quarters on all these hormones that get released and everything else. And now oh now it's you're telling us. It's affecting being able to manifest. So it's man Tho's grudges. You just gotta let them go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I heard someone say that. That's like, hey, I'm living rent free in your mind when I'm not even thinking about you at all.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't like it, and I love that, Chris, because I even I tell our daughter all the time, be careful what you say after the words I am, because I am as a powerful activation that whatever you say after those words is going to be something that you're telling the universe you are, and the universe is going to give you what you believe that you are. So instead of saying I am and then going on to say how tired you are, you can say I feel exhaustion. I feel like I need to rest more. But I am. That's key because I am is the word of God. Right.
Speaker 2: It's like our nephew said, you know, I don't say I am sorry, say I apologize.
Speaker 1: Right right right, super important. So I love that because we don't talk about that enough. We are so free with our words without realizing the damage that we're actually doing. That it's a great reminder, So thank you. I need to write that down and put it on posting notes everywhere.
Speaker 2: And then just even an extra thing, like as a mom to a fourteen year old or even you know whatever age, I remember thinking I can't ever you know, you look in the mirror and I'm just like, I look like crap today. But I can't ever let her hear me say that, because in my mind I was doing this to protect her and not wanting her to start talking to herself like that. But meanwhile I'm like, oh, I should protect myself too, because that, like you're saying, it's it's creating, it's changing who I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, totally. And you know, also for those people that are like it's not working, even just like using the phraseic up until now, this hasn't worked like something like that, just like frees up the future, right, like these little tricks.
Speaker 2: That's a little trick. That's a big trick, a big trick. It's like a big little trick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. Okay, So when NIXT questions a little bit on the controversial side, because there's lots of lots of question marks around this. But there are those that say, we all believe that we create on reality and things like that. But then what are your thoughts on trauma or illnesses that we are that are terrible for people? Do you believe that we truly bring these, we manifest these onto ourselves or is there some other mechanism in the works here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's a really important question because it's the number one pushback that I see people getting when they share law of attraction content, and people can get really triggered by it, like you said, really defensive. They'll say, oh, but this, this and this other thing have gone wrong in my life or like my ancestors went through this, and it's like everyone has a story, right, every family tree has a story too, but we get to choose our reality. Well, let me back up and just get like a little bit woo woo, And I know you're okay with that. Believe I believe personally that we choose what we're going to look like, our avatars, who our parents are going to be, some big life circumstances that we're going to go through, and the way we exit before we incarnate, and all of this is to kind of ready the soil, plant the seeds to give us the opportunity to grow. But free will exist, right like we choose if we're going to grow from adversities or not. But Earth is a school, So every single tragedy, every heartbreak in life contains within it hidden easter egg. And once you discover that easter egg, tremendous healing, leveling up and growth takes place. Now, bad things quote unquote, bad things happen, right like everyone goes through trauma. Everyone has a story. And when you go through things, you have two choices. You can become bitter, you can become resentful, you can become more unconscious, or you can use that opportunity to become kinder, more empathetic, practice forgiveness, get healthier, get better, level up, And it's always a choice. You have a choice. Now there are millions of realities that exist, and you get to choose the reality that you want, and the more that you focus on the reality you want, the more the reality handed to you by default sort of fades into the background. So there's there's always things going on in the world, Like if you are looking for a reason to be angry, like you're going to find it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: There's always is wars, there's always injustices happening. But you can choose that that you can choose to like not like hide your head in the sand, like this isn't spiritual bypassing, but you don't have to get like emotionally invested in it, especially if it's something that's like not directly affecting you, Like you can choose what you focus on, Like I never have the news on in my house because that's like my mentor Mary Morris says, CNN stands for constantly negative news, And it's like it's so true, right, Like, like you don't have to choose to get like the universe is like the Facebook algorithm. Whatever you get emotional about, it's like, oh they like that, I'm gonna send a little more of that their way. So and that's for good emotions or bad emotions. So yeah, we really do choose our reality, and a lot of it happens before we come here, but it's all for our own growth. It's all so that we get to evolve and consciousness gets to evolve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a tough one to swallow sometimes though, when something like that is happening to you and you're not aware of the decisions you made before you came on. So it's it's a difficult one, but it is one that we've got to come to terms with if we're going to align.
Speaker 2: And it makes the lessons more challenging to learn.
Speaker 1: Well, It's one would say that the more challenging the lesson, the better you learn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say that. I was going to be the one that says that. I would say, but it is interesting. I still have struggle wrapping my head around that too, just because then I think of like little children that are born, you know, in these terrible situations, and what lesson as a child can you learn?
Speaker 3: Well, the lesson might not be Okay, I have answers, And again this is like my opinion based on like my research and experience, and like I'm still here learning with you right like this. I'm not being like this is the end all be all, but like, here's one way to think about that. A couple of things. One the lesson might not be for the child. The lesson might be for the parents, or for the caregivers or for the people in that kid's life. But let's get a little bit like mind bendi here. So and I love this, Like I just have to preface this by saying, like I love science because quantum physics, epigenetics, neuroscience. We are living in a day and age where science backs up with mystics and spirituality have been saying for eons and it is so exciting. Absolutely, So imagine that you have to make a choice. Maybe it's do I stay in this relationship or do I quit this job. We'll say do I quit this job, and you decide to quit the job. Now a timeline branch is off, and there is another version of you that makes the other choice. They stayed in the job. I can't remember if you left the job. They stayed in the job. So two timelines have branched off, and then each time each one of you has to make another choice. The timelines branch again, and this keeps happening. So there are all these timelines running kind of in parallel, starring you as the lead actor. Now, some of these timelines are very similar to the one you're living. Others are vastly different, as you can imagine, right, So somewhere out there there is a version of you that has everything you want, everything Will has on his manifest journal that he was talking about, like someone has that, right, and and quantum physics even says that there are an infinite number of possibilities just waiting to be chosen, right, waiting to be chosen into existence. But everything you can imagine and everything you can't exists out there in this kind of realm, this cloud of possibilities. Now, Dolores Cannon, who is a past life aggression hypnotist, and many others have talked about how we are just a piece of a soul, like our true self, our higher self that sits on the other side of the veil, has so much energy it couldn't possibly come into a human body. So just a tiny piece of you incarnates and the rest yous on the other side. But imagine that there are tiny pieces of you incarnated in many many different lives, and time exists differently, right, like past lives. Past lives are parallel lives because there is no time on the other side. So we have all these these timelines branching off. There's all of these versions of you. Now, why would this happen. It's because we are here to have experiences. We bring those experiences from all these lifetimes back into our higher self. So there's probably a timeline where you died as an infant, there's probably a timeline where you live to be one hundred years old, and every other age in between for the purpose of having that experience. Because then you get to bring all of these cumulative timelines back together, and it's like what did we learn? And then it's like what are you going to bring back from your life? Right? So yeah, it's heartbreaking as a mother, Like it's like the most heartbreaking thought in the world, you know, I have like a fourteen month old. But all of this is for is for your good right, for your learning, for your leveling up, for your gross right.
Speaker 1: And there's a school of thought that says that when you were manifesting, when you're using the law of attraction, what you're actually doing is your timeline jumping right, you're jumping to a timeline that already has what it is that you're trying to bring to you. So that's cool.
Speaker 2: That's very cool.
Speaker 3: Well, just to like keep going on this for like one more second with back to like the original question of you know, how do we deal with the fact that we create our own reality? Like if you didn't research looking to support your beliefs, like you're going to find something to back it up, right, like, no matter what it is, And there are always different realities going on, Like you can live next door to someone and seem to live in a very different reality than them, you know, but like you know, like each one like kind of adamantly like saying that their way is right and everyone else's way is wrong. But there's always going to be information and sources and facts out there that are going to back up what you say. But you get to make a choice, right, This is all about choice, and there are no wrong choices either. Like that's that's my definition of empathy is like understanding that someone else's path and choices are equally as valid as yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here's another mind trippy thing that I thought about a couple of months ago, and I think I talked to you about it. But there is very clearly a difference of opinion, especially in this country right now when it comes with politics. There is not to get into a political conversation because we do not want to go there. But there is one side seeing something one particular way, the other side seeing it the complete opposite. I mean, it couldn't be more opposite. And both sides claim to have the moral high ground because they know this is actually proven, this is true, this is so what if God forbid? What if we're all living in our own individual reality where our facts align exactly as we believe or we see, and yet we are interacting with others who are living in their own reality but are juxtaposed into ours. So what they're saying is correct in their reality. This direction is the right one to go down, because it is it exists in its reality. But yet we are living in a different reality together. But both facts are correct, you know, the whole thing, but alternative facts. What if that was real? And that's that's the craziest thing for me to wrap my head around. What if my green is your yellow?
Speaker 2: And I've always wondered that you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't know for sure, right, what I see is green might be something totally different for you, and we have no way of verifying it because we live in different realities. Right.
Speaker 3: I love that question that you're posing, and then to just take it a step further, like we're all connected, Like we're all parts of the same, We're all reflections of each other. Like I don't know if you've ever read that book The Egg. Have you heard that?
Speaker 1: I have? I have for that. It's a short story, right, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: There's like a YouTube version of it, And correct me if I'm getting it wrong. But the whole idea is this, this guy dies and and God basically is like it turns out like every single person on Earth is just him and he's just been doing this like over and over, and the whole universe was created for him, and he's the only single soul in the universe and God's just like trying to perfect him, and like that just blows my mind to you. But like I think there's right. I know, it's like gives me goose bumps. Yeah, but I think there's like some te to that because we all come from the same thing. We're all like parts of source. We're just kind of fractals of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, just a little aside that has nothing to do with anything we're talking about, but it blew my mind when I read the Egg. It is actually written by Andy Weer, who wrote The Martian.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's all alone and yeah, so it is.
Speaker 1: So just a little aside because it was trippy for me because I read I read the short story because I'm a fan of Anywhere's writings, so it just didn't connect until I was like, this is great. I mean it's totally different anything he's written. So anyway, I digress. Yes, such an interesting thought process.
Speaker 2: It really is. And then is it the same person and every other timeline? Like it's it's like an infinite question. That's just like with all the diverging and the decisions, and you know.
Speaker 1: I'm actually surprised that you're taking that so well when how many times have I said to you that you are another me and you are adamantly opposed to that.
Speaker 2: I you know, I I'm not saying what my belief is right.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, alright, alright, alright, fair enough.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, you know, and I love thinking about it and the possibilities and it does. It can hurt your brain after a while, but it's just it's an incredible thought.
Speaker 3: It's fun to ponder.
Speaker 1: No, for sure, any last minute things we need to talk about in terms of manifestation, law of attraction. I do want to have other topics you want to touch on, but.
Speaker 2: You did let me ask that question.
Speaker 1: No, please please do yes.
Speaker 2: So you are incredible at this and you help people and with this formula and everything. Can you give us an example of someone that you worked with that just had a really tremendous outcome from learning.
Speaker 1: Really, we need to take a quick pause, but we'll be right back right after these messages and now back to the skeptic metaphysicians. Hey there, Before we continue with the interview, we.
Speaker 2: Have a small ask se.
Speaker 1: We know that there are tons of options out there, and having you decide to come along on our journey of discovery with us, that's an absolute honor for us. But if you know someone who would benefit from hearing the messages that we are sharing on the show, won't you do them in us a favor and share the show with them? Take a moment right now and forward this episode to that person. That's it, just a simple ask for your help and spreading the word. We'd appreciate it so much and see, not only will it help get the word out about us, but it also might just change someone's life for the better. Hey, thanks to your help on this. Without further ado, let's get on to the interview.
Speaker 2: Can you give us an example of someone that you worked with that just had a really tremendous outcome from learning really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, totally. I write about one in my book. Her name is Abby, and it's actually perfect. We were talking about the language thing that was her thing. So she knew about the law of attraction before she came to me, and she had actually used it pretty successfully. Like she like on paper, had like everything right in every category except one, Like she used a law of attraction to get a raise. She had a really great social life. She was like really into CrossFit, so she was, she was attractive, she was in her late thirties, she was she was doing great like everything else in her life. And like I said, she'd use the law attraction to get a raised, Like she had read all the books, she'd watched the YouTube videos, but like she was really stuck in romantic relationships, and she's like, man, all she wanted was a family, like more than anything, and she had kind of like dated a lot of duds along the way, like people like she would think she was getting really close and then like meeting someone that just seems so great, like they would kind of love bomb her and her flowers, and then they'd kind of ghost, and like this pattern kept happening over and over again, where she'd be like, this is the one, and then they weren't the one. And she came to me and she was like this always happens. And we've realized it was like this language that she was using, right, And it's really hard to hear that the common denominator in a string of failed relationships is you right. That's that's something that like you can't really hear from most people, Like it helps to go talk to a coach, right, because it's hard if like a friend is going to say that. And I wasn't that blunt with her, but you know, we kind of figured out that it was a lot of like the language she was using and a lot of this programming and a lot of these she got so comfortable with the fact that she was the girl with the failed relationships that it almost became her identity, and we just did some work to redo that, and she ended up meeting this amazing guy like two months later and they have a baby now. And this was a couple of years ago, but like, she's one of my favorite stories because she came in like being so close, you know what I mean, and it was just like, let's.
Speaker 1: Just like again, that's a perfect example of how she was blocking her own success this by those limiting beliefs. I mean, that's that's a perfect an ample.
Speaker 2: And that's one of the thing I love about you know, this formula that you've given because a lot of people don't think about that that part like that I've I haven't heard that before. I've heard you have to want something or not wanting you have to you know, know what you want and then imagine or feel like you already have it, But I hadn't heard about like the self talk. So I think that is going to be really helpful to people listening to.
Speaker 1: Me and to me, to all of us.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like having to constantly like notice what you're noticing, like watching your thoughts too, write like you kind of have to like develop that habit and then once you develop it, you you're so quick to pick it up. But it's like it's a muscle, right, you have to like train yourself to do it, all right.
Speaker 1: Anything else from that, okay, because now suddenly more are popping up in my head. But I do want to talk about Beyond Reality because it's a brand new TV show. It's just started airing on New Reality TV, and we couldn't be more thrilled to have you as part of the lineup because just looking at your trailer for the show.
Speaker 3: We often believe that the world we see, touch and hear is all there is, but beneath the surface, an entire unseen world pulses with energy and mystery. Quantum physics offers us glimpses into this hidden realm. The law of attraction hints at unseen forces shaping our lives, and ancient writings tell stories of visitors from other worlds, near death experiences, energy healers, and those who remember their past lives all point to something greater that defies our understanding. What if everything you believed with such certain was merely a facade. For over two decades, I've sought to uncover hidden knowledge join me as we explore the grand mysteries of life, where the impossible becomes possible and the unseen becomes reality.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I love the trailer.
Speaker 1: It was such a great it's the show open right that you use on every episode, and it is such a way to like gut punch you into what you're about to experience. Right. It's such as a great, great piece of production. So for those who haven't had a chance to watch the show like we have, because we have insight information, tell us what is the show about? Why should someone be really excited about watching it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've been a truth seeker since two thousand and two when I had my spiritual awakening, and beyond reality lets me explore all of the grand mysteries of life that I love geeking out about and going down rabbit holes about. And I get to bring in these amazing people who are living these things every day and talk to them about it. So it's everything from UFOs and aliens to quantum physics and stimulation theory, to energy healing and psychic abilities, remote viewing, you name it, like any of those amazing mysteries, and it is so fun to just hear all of these people talk about it and their experiences and learn so much along the way. And I've been having so much fun having these conversations. Like right after this, I'm jumping on with someone who has spent like decades researching past lives to the point where he's actually gone and like, sorry, kids who remember past lives to the point where he's researched the past lives that they remember and has like found some of the people that they used to be and like I have goosebum saying that, and I'm so excited to talk to him. So it's just been really fun. I had someone on who like talks to crystals, another one who's an animal communicator, so just really really cool, just cool stuff.
Speaker 1: You also have a podcast right that you host. How is that different from what you do on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. So the podcast is called Change Your Mind with Chris Ashley, and it focuses on personal development, spirituality, and science. It's it's more on the personal development side, So I don't know what a lot of what I talk So my book is like kind of half and half my book. I talk a lot about forgiveness and what to do when challenges come up and how to be adaptable and find resilience, and like all of that lives on the podcast or the more like woo woo side of the metaphysical and like the deep spiritual New Age. I don't even know what you word you describe, but I guess metaphysical that lives on the TV s and it works really well. The podcast is part of the Los Angeles Tribune podcast Network, which sounds weird that a newspaper owns a podcast network, but we put on massive events in the personal development realm every month and it's spearheaded by a woman who is Tony Robbin's EVP of production for eighteen years, so like really big names. So I've been on stage with like Les Brown and doctor Joe Vitally and Sharon Lecter and Jim Quick all these people. But because of that, it's like really good that that stays in more personal development realm. And I'm actually so glad that this opportunity came up to work with you guys, because I love the side of like truth seeking and just talking to fascinating people and kind of exploring all these mysteries. So it's nice that I get to like feed that side of my soul too.
Speaker 1: Well, it's nice to have you, how long?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, And I feel the same way when you come to this kind of side, the metaphysical side, there's just so much wonder in the world that just opens up. So you know, yes, we have all the regular stuff in the science and that, but this is just such like the wo that it's like it's just fascinating and it's just so much fun to dive into and learn all these different modalities and all these different experiences.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I had a spiritual awakening in two thousand and two, and like I didn't talk about this stuff for like almost like two decades, Like it just didn't feel like, I don't know, like the world was ready. And now it's like the world is like hungry for it, right, Like it's like all over social media and like I don't know, like when I was reading Zacharia Sitchen in two thousand and two, like no one was talking about ancient aliens and now there's like a TV show that's been on for like fifteen seasons or something, and it's just like it feels like the world is waking up. Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, I'm glad you mentioned that you're spiritual awakening. Can you share with us a little bit of what that was?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Do you mind if I get like a little personal No?
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely, as comfortable as you can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is usually how I start my podcast interviews. But we dove in and it was it was cool. I love, but you started it different because it got me in my toes a little bit. I love it. Like probably most people who are coaches or healers are trying to help other people. Starting with my own trauma, I was sexually abused by a family member for four years, starting at twelve years old. And I had this really big, tight knit, extended Italian family. We were like the Italian version of my big fat Greek wedding if you've ever seen that movie, of course, Yeah, yeah, Like everyone's into each other's business. And when they found out what happened, most of them disowned me. And I was getting letters and voicemails from people who had been like second mothers to me telling me they didn't love me anymore and I wasn't their family anymore. And as you can imagine, this left me with a lot of what I call low vibration. Emotions like anger and guilt and shame that as a young adolescent, I didn't know how to cope with, like most adults don't know how to cope with those types of emotions, and it put me in a really dark place. I was getting in trouble in school, self harming, I was doing drugs. I was just like angry at the world. And then someone handed me a book that changed my way of thinking and being and moving through life. And it made me realize that there were other ways to view the universe and reality. And I remember flipping through the pages and having it feel like truth for the first time. And it was like I was a sleeper agent right, like something inside of me just woke up. And when I finished that book, I started reaching for more and I just became insatiable, and I was devouring every metaphysical, spiritual, New Age personal development book I can get my hands on, and I started going to retreats and workshops and I found teachers to study under and my life did this total one eighty. But the other side of the story is that as I was changing my mind and starting to get better, my mother started to get worse because her family had been ripped down the scenes, and she didn't have these teachers and books and healing modalities. I was doing tons of healing modalities. I thought I was ung covering like the secrets of the universe. But I was like doing the hard inner work. I just didn't realize it. So my mom it started to manifest as physical illness for her. She got cancer, and she got a bunch of like really weird like ailments that her doctors couldn't even describe. So they did what they do. They gave her pills, and then they gave her pills for the side effects of those pills. And they were kind of throwing everything at the wall hoping something would stick. And at the height of it, she was on a fentanyl patch. She was on Delauded, which is a pretty intense narcotic. She was on ten other pills. She slept for all but a few hours of daylight. She would not off at the dinner table, she would forget conversations we had the day before. She fell, all the time, always covered in bruises. And that lasted almost fifteen years. And I had this compounded guilt that I had destroyed my family and broken my mother. But I believe everything happens for a reason, as you know. And I realized that my mother is my biggest teacher, because for every step she took deeper into depression and illness and victimization. I climbed in the other direction out of that dark tunnel because I was seeing firsthand, right in front of me, what happens to a human body and spirit when they make that choice, because I do think healing is a choice. And then I saw what was happening to my life is I was changing my mind. And I made a promise to myself that I would do everything I could to heal physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. And it's a promise I've kept. And like I said, like I'm still if you're here, you're still you still got work to do. Like I'm still reading a book a week. I'm a total book nerd. Like I still take all the courses I can, go to all the workshops I can, Like I'm turning forty this year, and like all I want is to go to a Joe Despensea workshop. Actually, And like my husband's like really okay. My in laws were like, let's go to Hawaii. I was like I want to do this, so so yeah, and then like after a couple decades, I decided to give back to the life coach training with Mary Morrisey wrote the book, and yeah, it's kind of history.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is quite this, Chris. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but I'm grateful that you came out on the other side having learned from it and teaching others from your experience. So thank you for your services. It sounds terrible, hey, but this is truly what you've done.
Speaker 3: You know, I appreciate that, but like, I'm not sorry, Like I've forgiven every one of those people, and it's it's like what I needed to go through to awaken, and it was part of my path and it's made me the person I am. And it's all okay, you know, Like it's it's like like you said, now I get to like teach people forgiveness and I get to teach all these amazing things. So I'm grateful for the journey.
Speaker 2: Like cracking open an oyster, it's kind of rough and ugly on the outside, but you get to the inside, there's a beautiful pearl.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, And the strength of what you said is the fact that you chose to overcome as opposed to it would have been very easy to fall into victim, right, woe is me. But instead you chose to overcome all that and become a better person and now are helping others to overcome. And for that alone, yes, I guess it was all worth it. Although ouch just I mean, it hurts my heart to even say it.
Speaker 2: But you're just wonderful.
Speaker 1: You are so inquiring minds need to know. What was that first book?
Speaker 3: Oh? So it was called The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life by Drumvale Malkisadak. Have you heard of it?
Speaker 1: I have not. The hang on I'm writing down right now.
Speaker 3: I want to go like run and get it off my bookshelf. But it's literally right there. So it's in two books. Book one is like chapter one through nine or something. Book two is chapter like ten through thirteen. So it's like two physical books one book. And what that book did really well is it gave me a lot of breadcrumbs to follow. From that book. I learned about Zacharaistitchen and like ancient astronaut theory, I learned about Greg Braden and the God code. I learned about the law of attraction. Like years before the Secret came out, I learned all about sacred geometry. I learned about the emerald tablets of both. I learned about like aliens. Like I was just on an interview right before this, and which is why I'm losing my voice and the guy was like, wow, that's like a deep book to go like most people do. Like mel Robbins is like the first book, he's chicken Soup.
Speaker 4: For the Soul or something, right, yeah, but it's like it's so fascinating, And now he has his whole Flower of Life workshop is on Gaya now and he's he's like pretty well known now I don't he has like a cult following and there's not that many people actually that I've that I found like know him, but like his stuff is out there enough, but you should read his butt.
Speaker 1: So tell me the naming the book again.
Speaker 3: Write down the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Volume one and volume two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's find that book. How did you happen on to that?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And it talks all about like Atlantis and le Maria and uh oh and so I love like ancient Egypt and it talks all about like ancient Egyptian mystery schools. I get so excited. So I found it. So I was seventeen and I was dating this guy who was like super mysterious, and he had this like curtain in his room like against a wall, and I like wasn't allowed to know what was on the other side. And all he would tell me was like there was an altar, and I like didn't know what it was, and I kept I'm like inquisitive, so I like kept asking, kept asking, and like I want to I want to talk to you about all this stuff when I learn about it, and he was finally he was like, just go read this book, The Ancient Secret the Flowerfly. And I did, and like I said, it was like I just took off with it. And I have bought more copies of this book than any other book. Like I've probably bought like fifty copies of this book and like gifted it to people because I just want to like spread it to people, like I will buy you a copy and send it to you, like give me you're outres I'll do it. But no, it's because I like that's how passionate I am. I get so excited. But I've given it to so many people and only one person is taken off with it, and everyone else is like, this is too much for me? Like, right, Cherry, if you read it, you'll have to let me know.
Speaker 1: I will because you know I'm going to read it. And it's interesting that that was your jump off point me if it's too much for most people, whoa right that that was a testament to what you were going through for.
Speaker 2: It to resonate, you are grasping for something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So I want to ask you a couple of questions that are a little bit of curveball because I think it'll add It'll give us a little bit of insight into who Chris Ashley is outside from everything we just talked about. Right, so get ready. This is where the buckle up buttercup part comes in. Okay, there we go. If your higher self had a business card, what would the job title be?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Sorry, how to what?
Speaker 1: If your higher self had a business card? What would it? Job title?
Speaker 3: B truth seeker? That was my MySpace back in the day, truth Seeker eleven eleven. I think it still exists somewhere space. I'm saying forty. I only look like I'm like twenty, but I wanted to name my show that Truth Seeker, but it was already a TV show that was like my first like, oh, that's what I have to name it. But yeah, that's probably that's.
Speaker 1: Probably all right. Now, what's the most wu thing that you believe that you've never set out loud on a podcast?
Speaker 3: Never set out loud on a podcast. I had a past life regression hypnosis, like a QHHT session if you know what that is you do, and it's like Dollor's Cannons thing, and I found out that my dog used to be my son and in a past life and my son he was like sent to like fight in this army. And I remember like I was going to this like king in this hypnosis session and like dropped to my knees and like begging him not to take my son, and they like threw me out of the thing, and then like it flashed forward to the next scene where they like dumped his body on my doorstep. I was bawling in the session, like balling, like real emotions, and I made a vow that I would never have kids again. And I've struggled with eight years of infertility in this lifetime and I think it's because.
Speaker 1: Of that interesting really interesting it brings.
Speaker 2: Up We'll make a vow yeah, no, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah with my past life regression where I was a young girl and my teacher was thrown into the fire and I felt the flames all kind of stuff. So it's it's it's powerful stuff that those regression. Yeah, Okay, last question, alive or dead? Who do you want to co host a cosmic talk show with?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Cosmic talk I mean, Dolores Canon would be really fun. John Bolomelkizadak, who wrote The Ancient Secret would be really fun.
Speaker 1: That's who I thought you were going to answer from from the beginning. After cool, all right, that that gives us a really cool idea or image of who you are. So I appreciate you your willingness to I know I put you on the spot, and I apologize for that, but it just brings like cool answers out so things you would never have thought about. So thank you for indulging me on it.
Speaker 3: That's super fun.
Speaker 1: We're going to add a link to this Ancient Secrets of the Flower of Life on our show notes, but I definitely want to make sure we call out your your book one more time, Change.
Speaker 3: Your Mind to Change your Reality, and it's available anywhere you get your books in ebook, audiobook, paperback.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to add a link to that as well. And then of course your podcast.
Speaker 3: Is change your Mind as sashly and that's everywhere you listen to your podcasts Okay.
Speaker 1: And then your TV show is.
Speaker 3: Be on Reality and you will find that on New Reality TV.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: This is a mic drop moment right there, Chris.
Speaker 2: And then if someone wants to have a session with you, how do they reach you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris Ashley dot net is my website or Change your Mind with Chris is my handle everywhere, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Chris is spelled with a K.
Speaker 1: Perfect all right. Well, we're going to do the best we can to add as many of those links as we possibly can into our show notes so that it's easy for people to reach out to you, to connect with you, to connect with your work. We are thrilled to have you as part of New Reality TV. So thank you for being part of this crazy thing we're doing.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I'm incredibly excited to be a part of this crazy thing.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, Chris, thanks so much for coming on the show.