Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Stories We're following for you today. Stock surging on Wall Street. The Dow has been up six hundred points at times during the session. Nasdaq has been up over one hundred points at times this well as well.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: The Fed is set to make an announcement on interest rates later this month, widely expected to make a cut. Also, Tropical Storm Francine has formed, expected to intensify into a hurricane before making landfall, this one along the Louisiana coast. On Wednesday, They said that there could be a life threatening storm surge for parts of Upper Texas and Louisiana coastlines. Risk of flash and urban flooding exists across portions of the Mid South from Wednesday into Friday morning.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Kate, the Princess of Princess of Wales is done with her chemo treatment. She made the announcement in a video message released today. It was in Mark she revealed she had been diagnosed with an unspecified form of cancer. She said the last nine months incredibly tough for the family, but she's looking forward to be back at work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when we heard that, we both said the same thing. What we both said, work back at work work. I guess it's charitable endeavors and things like that. Right, we're horrible people. I mean, she just beat cancer and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, what is it you do? What does it you say you do here?
Speaker 4: Well, the whole royal family, it doesn't seem rather outdated to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and our obsession with it here, yeah, yeah, it's wild. They'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Tabloids will tell you if they put the Royals on the cover, they sell like fifty percent more of those than they do with Why that is.
Speaker 2: Why we're so fascinated by all that. I don't know, you don't have it here. I guess didn't we leave all that behind?
Speaker 5: I think that was one of the reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So all right, so you know that, by the way it's starting, that interest rate story is big because you know it'll impact the cost of housing, especially here in southern California, which is one of the big issues is affording the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, So if I think the rates are right now are around six percent, So if they go down a percentage of two.
Speaker 5: It's great for home sales.
Speaker 1: I don't think I could have gotten my house if it was like six percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like three percent or something.
Speaker 5: Definitely okay.
Speaker 1: So we asked you earlier about undecideds, right, like, who's still undecided? And what would make you decide? Were you a Trump? Were you going to vote for Trump and then change it to Kamala vice versa?
Speaker 2: What's the deal? And you hit us up on the talkback feature, Hey.
Speaker 6: My question would be and it would be to Donald Trump. His lawyers asserted that he could have Seal Team six, have his political opponents assassinated, and the only thing that could be done is that he could be removed from office. There's no legal problem with that action. I would ask him if he agrees with that.
Speaker 3: Hi, Shannon and the friend b Lincoln on the name. I am actually still undecided, but not in the way that you think I am not voting for Kamala. I am actually a pretty centrist Republican, and I think a lot of the crime in the state has to do with progressive things that she has put into place. So definitely not going that camp. But either Trump or a write in, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I would ask Trump how he plans on ending the Ukraine War and under what conditions? And I would ask Harris on how she supports Ukraine and under what conditions. I would ask Trump is he going to pull out of NATO? And under what conditions? What do you stay in NATO? And then I would ask Trump also how what are the actual plans of round of identifying and rounding up and departing reporting eleven million illegal aliens?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean Ukraine's not really something that's been talked about, but also important. I think it is where people stand in terms of, you know, America first, and who are we going to help and to what extent are we going to help everybody?
Speaker 1: On that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pretty clear on that. America first and then we'll worry about everybody else.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we get to this.
Speaker 5: Those were good. Those were good to sure comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, asking what you would ask if you were the moderator at the debate. By the way, it's going to be tomorrow at six hour time. I guess we can officially start swamp watch. It's still unclear on what percentage of voters out there are undecided. I mean, I've seen different polls that's say three percent, eight percent, some higher.
Speaker 5: I think it's got to be low.
Speaker 2: It's horrible the government, I think.
Speaker 5: Make it like a reality TV show. Corn Pop was a bad news.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know it's a town hall too, clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 5: Still a swamp. I have a watch of Malarkey.
Speaker 2: Boy said drained the swamp.
Speaker 6: I said, Oh, that's so he'll keep.
Speaker 2: You know the thing.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I over the weekend was reading some things in Politico and happened upon a political magazine item and it's called the Kamala and Tim Show that it's a it's kind of a buddy comedy act that feels familiar, and they they mentioned the Tacos video that was released in the campaign just days before the convention. It shows Kamala and Tim Walls chatting at a jazz club in Detroit. They're new running mates. They appear to be sudden besties. They're laughing about their differences. They're comparing musical tastes. He's Springsteen and Seeger, She's Aretha and Prince. She teased him for eating what he calls white guy tacos.
Speaker 2: Saying what is that mean? Like mayonnaise and tuna? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: And the article brings up a number of interesting points as they say, the running mate relationship is one of the most artificial alliances in politics, and that is why campaigns struggle to define it. They say that some candidates wanted to portray like an instant soulmate relationship nineteen ninety two Bill Clinton and Al Gore dancing to Fleetwood Mac and pretending to embark on a buddy movie road trip. Then there's the business arrangement, think Trump Pence right, That was definitely not a buddy relationship. And they say that the Harris Walls campaign has tried a different kind of introduction, that it's filled with banter, self deprecating jokes, a pitch to the TikTok generation in terms of bites. But for older voters it has this familiarity, familiar feeling to it that it's like a sitcom. It's like those multi camera family shows of the eighties. When both of these people came of age, they say, you know, Growing Pains, Cosby Show, Kitchen Table Talk, even that interview they did with Dana Bash felt like they were at a kitchen table, and that it's just this nice, aesthetic, wholesome, wholehearted, a blended family approach.
Speaker 4: The theory is that translates into votes because people say, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that. It's a nostalgic, feel good kind of feeling.
Speaker 5: What do you think.
Speaker 2: I think there's something to this scenario.
Speaker 5: Certainly a contrast between your other choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right right, they say, you know, family ties with that political premise too, hippies fighting themselves raising a briefcase toting Reagan Republican and Alex P.
Speaker 2: Keaton, right, but they all always wound up hugging in the end.
Speaker 1: These are two people who come from very different parts of the country, and that's why they compare to like a blended family, like different strokes or whatever. And then there's the whole Kamala Harris Doug m Hoff thing of the meet cute and it's the cool girl and the nerdy guy, and that reminds us of like John Hughes movies, right, So it's kind of like a hearkening back.
Speaker 4: To the eighties. And I'm not loving that whole premise from that Politico piece. I mean, I get it. This certainly has some validity to it. But again, if I'm am I voting, yes, I vote partly on personality, but I want some substance there too.
Speaker 5: I'm not really not looking for like a cute couple.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's saying it's going to translate to voters. It's just the description to give off. Yeah, the architect. Going back to what we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 4: Right, which is a clear choice that would have been maybe different it was Shapiro or Buddha Jeedge or another candidate.
Speaker 1: You have to do that kind of when there's a woman involved, and find a way to soften it but also be strong. Okay, Coming up next, we will do an up on the debate prep Right, what's going on? A method acting, insults, tough questions.
Speaker 5: They're going to all of that.
Speaker 1: Former President Trump has celebrated the birthday of Mary in a truth social post and a post on X Happy Birthday Mary, he posted on his social media platform, along with a photo of Our Lady of Guadaloupe, image bearing particular significance to Catholics in Mexico, where an Aztec man named Wan Diego so that Mary appeared to him several times in visions in fifteen thirty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, interesting, Yes, I'm sure how it helps him win the presidency, but I think he already has the religious vote, which is kind of confusing to make it.
Speaker 1: It is Catholics hold the image to be a miracle sign of Mary's love and protection for the America's.
Speaker 4: So he's wishing happy birthday. Good for him, it's his softer side. I know his kid's birthdays.
Speaker 1: No, I got it comes days after he announced Catholics for Trump, a coalition that his campaign describes as committed to safeguarding the vital principles of religious liberty and defending family values.
Speaker 4: It's hard to be against that family values. What are his family values?
Speaker 5: That's what?
Speaker 4: Because you remember after the Bide sorry, the Harris Walls Dana Bash interview, when the takeaway from that is her repeating like five times, my positions may have changed, but my values haven't changed. So then she never followed up by saying, well, what are those values? That would be a question for Trump and Harris tomorrow night, right, Yeah, what are your values?
Speaker 1: I was talking to a friend who is in the evangelical community, and I said, break this down for me. Does the how does the evangelic. I mean, I'm not knocking it or what have you. You vote for who you want to vote for. But explain it to me how the evangelicals have rallied behind Trump when he has not shown the best of values, shall we say, through the years. And he says to me, while it's kind of like a plumber. Your toilet is broken, you call a plumber, the plumber comes out. You don't care what the plumber has going on his life, you don't care who he's cheated on. You just want him to fix the toilet. And that's how they're kind of looking at Trump, I guess, in fact, just looking at the fact of his policy, that policy is advantageous for them, and that they're voting for the policy, not the person.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and in reading about this, you know, you ask that question that evangelical leaders, and they say that people feel that Trump understands them. They don't necessarily agree with some of his behavior, some of his choice of language, maybe even his lifestyle choices, but they feel that he understands them, and so that's enough.
Speaker 1: And I don't know that that's enough. I don't quite understand that that he said it earlier. Some people they don't. They don't vote for policy, they vote for a feeling personality. Personality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an interesting it's sort of an interesting issue in this in this time that we're in with him, because you know, if you listed traditional Christian values, he probably wouldn't line up with any of those.
Speaker 2: But would he legislate?
Speaker 1: Would he would he talk out of both sides of his mouth in that regard where he doesn't live like that, But would he advocate for stronger family values?
Speaker 4: I think so it's he kind of has it both ways, yet he's trying to have it both ways, which so far he seems to have been succeeding at, which is a little bit confusing to me.
Speaker 1: So the debate is tomorrow, six o'clock our time. Kamala Harris has been holed up for five days in a Pittsburgh hotel doing highly choreographed debate practice sessions. There is a stage replica lighting an advisor in full method acting mode.
Speaker 4: Well, that makes sense. I mean, they've all done that to some degree except for Trump.
Speaker 1: From my understanding, they even have someone dressing like Donald Trump in a boxy suit a long tie.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we need to go that far what about the hair. Oh good question.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of like a an NFL team right where you're going against the scout team that you're preparing for the opponent based on their tendencies and history. Yeah, it makes sense. You're not just going to go in there and wing it. With the stakes this high, bringing.
Speaker 1: Out Trump's most self destructive instincts is a priority for Kamala Harris, and that is why he in his uh.
Speaker 5: That's why he wanted the microphones off.
Speaker 1: That's why he wanted the microphones off. And that's why he needs to be his most controlled self, not to give her that. I mean, if he goes out there, like we were saying earlier, and he treats her with kindness and respect, that's a lose for her.
Speaker 4: She needs him to fly off the hand. That's why she wanted the mics open, because she wanted that. Excuse me, I am speaking now moment. And I also read an update that JD. Vance is going to be in the spin room. You know, the spin room is the post debate comments from the surrogates. Yeah, Vance is going to be there, and then that'll be interesting to have him on live afterwards. I like the live aspect to all of this. Yes, you know, it's it's more unpredictable, more real. The debate is going to be somewhat rehearsed. I mean, let's say it's ninety minutes. They have two minutes answer to three minutes, So how many questions can you really get in?
Speaker 5: It's a limited amount, and it's got to all be rehearsed.
Speaker 4: And by rehearsed, I mean from each side anticipating questions and then how the other side's going to answer them, and then what you're going to say.
Speaker 5: And obviously the major issues that we've talked about before.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about it tomorrow because we'll be talking about the latest and I wanted to talk about you know, what do you think the wow? Is there going to be a wild card question? And we should also probably create a drinking bingo as well. Well you are going to be a drinking Thursday morning. But but yeah, the stakes are high for this, right, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I'd say they're higher for Harrison for Trump. That's my take on it initially, because she's still, you know, we know what he is, She's still trying to define herself.
Speaker 1: Right, and we've only seen the choreographed movie of Kamala Harriston Walls. So it's going to be off the cuff. I mean, she did the interview with Dana Bash, but this is going to be truly off the cuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then again, it's not like she's inexperienced. I mean, she's been an elected official or her entire adult life to the most, she hasn't had great moments off the cuff in that way. And I remember the first presidential when she ran, you know, four years ago, she dropped up before the first primary.
Speaker 5: She had no traction whatsoever.
Speaker 4: So see, this is what's interesting the people that are anti Harris that make this point, it's like she went nowhere.
Speaker 5: The first time she ran for president.
Speaker 4: She was selected by Biden for you know, various reasons depending on your perspective, merit or not. She's done nothing as a vice president. She was put in charge of immigration policy incorrectly labeled as the borders are did.
Speaker 5: Nothing on that.
Speaker 4: So Biden flames out in the first Trump debate, and now all of a sudden, she's the golden child.
Speaker 5: Right, this is the quote unquote knock on her.
Speaker 4: So this is why tomorrow night she needs to step up to the plate and show people she can do the job.
Speaker 2: Show the math, right, Yeah, I don't want to just see the headlines.
Speaker 1: I want to see her dig into something and appear to have strength and intelligence so he can stop saying that she's not intelligent. Right, that's been a talking point. I don't think it doesn't many favors. You know how much I appreciate it that much? Is that I.
Speaker 2: I'm a diehard forty.
Speaker 1: Nine er fan and I'm sitting with you while you're wearing Rams insignia and I'm still having a great time, and that speaks volumes.
Speaker 4: You know, you have to expand your horizons a little bit. I have to expand my horizons, Okay, to talk to the enemies, Yeah, exactly. Embrace your enemy, you know. Let's put an end to this divisiveness, Okay, Let's come together as a nation not be.
Speaker 2: So polarized on opposite sides of the NFC West.
Speaker 5: It is a good looking shirt, that, don't you think it is a good looking shirt? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So Tyreek Hill right, speaking of the NFL. Yes, he was arrested or detained or whatever you want to say, yesterday right before the game, right outside the stadium.
Speaker 1: It didn't look good. He was put in handcuffs, the whole bit. The union representing Miami Dade Police officers have issued a statement now saying that Tyreek Hill was uncooperative and was only redirected to the ground while in handcuffs during his detainment because he refused orders to sit.
Speaker 5: Redirected to the ground. That's a very creative term. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before the Dolphins game yesterday. Reading from the statement, now, an incident occurred where Tyreek Hill was placed in handcuffs before being released.
Speaker 2: At no time was he ever under arrest.
Speaker 1: He was briefly detained for officer safety after driving in a manner in which he was putting himself and others in great danger. Upon being stopped, mister Hill was not immediately cooperative with the officers on the scene, who pursue into policy and for their immediate safety, placed him in handcuffs. He was still uncooperative, refused to sit on the ground, and therefore was redirected to the ground. Once the situation was sorted out within a few minutes, he was issued two traffic citations and was free to leave.
Speaker 5: Is that the end of the story?
Speaker 3: YEP?
Speaker 4: I mean redirected to the ground as one of those creative law enforcement terms. Sure, right, redirected to the ground. I mean he's driving a McLaren, which I think is about a four million dollar car.
Speaker 2: If you're Tyreek Hill, what is this? What is the threat to the officers?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a weapon on him. Well, if he was, I mean, you don't drive a McLaren on the speed limit. You don't drive it twenty five miles an hour or what have you your Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 1: You don't walk twenty five miles an hour. Nothing he does is slow. So he was probably So are we saying this is a racial thing?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I want to know how fast he was speeding. I'd like to see vivicit.
Speaker 5: Reckless driving apparently like that. Yeah, when you have that kind of a car.
Speaker 2: But you know, you have to ask yourself what Tom Brady ben Hand's house?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think we know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So there was an article in the Washington Post about a guy by the name of Bradley caden Head. He's nineteen years old and he's only in year two of his eighty year prison sentence. What did Bradley do to deserve such a long sentence at such a young age. Well, they believe that starting when Bradley was fifteen, he founded an online group that pressured vulnerable children to commit violence or degrading acts. This was a kid whose mother was moved out of the home. She's a drinker, a partier, and all all the things. So it's already unsettled at home. He goes into middle school, faces constant bullying. He was viewed as an easy target, they say, isolated suffering breakdowns, didn't care about anything. At fifteen years old, he drops out of school and retreats to his room. They said that's where he became. As opposed to the isolated, lonely teenager he was, he became a notorious predator of the social media age.
Speaker 2: Discord. Discord comes up all the time, which he's monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they said that he used discord to cultivate a domineering online persona, and that he built a global following among sadists who preyed on vulnerable children. They would convince these kids to share explicit images and then blackmail them into doing awful stuf on video.
Speaker 2: I mean, really, the worst of the worst the prosecutor.
Speaker 1: Told the judge at his sentencing last year, very rarely do we get a chance to look evil in the face, and this is one of those times.
Speaker 5: And he was sentenced to eighty years.
Speaker 1: Yes, apparently there are safeguards on Discord that it's a platform that relies largely on other users to flag abuse that occurs in private chat rooms. But if you're surrounded by these weird sadists and things like that, nobody's going to raise the red flag and say this guy's doing bad things.
Speaker 2: Because you're doing bad things too.
Speaker 4: Well, this is one of our theories that we've been talking about, right, is the downside of the Internet and.
Speaker 2: Who should be held accountable?
Speaker 1: Should it be the digital platform, should they be Should they have the onus to police their platforms?
Speaker 5: Well, they say they do, and this is an example of that that he was caught, tried and convicted. But is that enough? I mean, and you wonder what else goes on that is never brought to their attention.
Speaker 1: Just what I'm saying, what is Discord's responsibility here? You know, it's like Telegram. The CEO arrested in France last month on charges that Telegram was enabling distribution of child porn images or sex abuse.
Speaker 2: Images, I should say. And so it's just I think again, this is something that needs to be right.
Speaker 4: But this again the bigger picture, is this the dark side of the Internet, and how teenagers who are bullied or troubled or come from a broken family or whatever the issue might be, retreat like this article.
Speaker 5: This is an incredible article in the Washington Post. It's really like detailed.
Speaker 2: Unis really strong stomach to get through this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's an example of what can happen with someone who retreats, as it said, into their bedroom and into cyber world.
Speaker 2: It's never good for any of us to retreat into a loneliness and a loneeness.
Speaker 4: And it's it's sad because you know, in retrospect, you look at it, you say, obvious, this person had signs is trouble. The same thing with the with Gray, the shooter and Georgia and many others who were in similar situations. And it's easy versa look back when we read these you know, well researched newspaper articles and say all the warning signs were there, you know, But it's not that simple, right, Yeah, I mean, as a parent, how much. Do you know what your kid is doing when they're in their room on their computer right right now. This is obviously an extreme case, but again it goes back to where one of our central theories here in KFI, or at least one of my central theories, is that when history of our time is written, the Internet may turn out to be a negative for all of the great things that it enables us to do.
Speaker 5: There's there's there's too many ways to abuse.
Speaker 1: It without a doubt, because we're humans and we are not perfect people, and left to our devices, it's not always the best thing.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while, your Boston accent comes out right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I said Florida, Yeah, yeah, that is weird a couple of words.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it comes out on and I love that.
Speaker 2: Austin, Oh, what's a great city.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Egg recall underway in nine states. More than sixty salmonella.
Speaker 2: Cases were reported.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a Wisconsin based Milo's Poultry Farms been recalling all eggs branded Milo's Poultry Farms does include California, Virginia, Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado, Utah, California, and Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois.
Speaker 4: Can I give you one other update on the Trump story, get it So. In addition to saying that he's going to vote to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana and Florida, which again is about twenty years behind the times, he also said that if he wins in November, his administration will quote focus on research to unlock the medical uses of marijuana. Again cutting edge concepts. We've had that for how long in California?
Speaker 5: About twenty years?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, you know he's making progress. Sure, one issue at a time.
Speaker 1: Beetlejuice, Beetle Juice dominating the Bax office. The sequel to that eighty eight hit horror comedy earned one hundred and ten million dollars in its opening weekend. I watched the original original one recently just to see if.
Speaker 2: It holds up.
Speaker 5: And it does. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: Part of it is does it hold up? Or is it just my nostalgia kicking in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe a little of both. But I happened to be a huge Michael Keaton fan. Me too, and I'll watch anything that Michael.
Speaker 5: Keaton is in.
Speaker 2: Is he your favorite Batman?
Speaker 5: I wasn't really that.
Speaker 4: Much into the Batman's I liked what he I mean, I'm not a superhero movie guy, and the MCUs and you know, the Mulverine and Tangerine and whatever whatever. But I remember, did you ever watch Dope Sick with Michael Keaton?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: He won an Emmy for that well deserved moving Michael Keaton. You know you don't if you say, okay, list our top ten actors in the country right now, you don't necessarily put Michael Keaton on that list, but maybe you should.
Speaker 5: So good for him.
Speaker 4: On Beetlejuice beetled all the way, I thought, maybe they got to come up with a better title for the sequel. When was the last time you went to a movie in a movie theater?
Speaker 2: I went after we were allowed back out in the wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hated it because I during the pandemic, I got used to watching things at home and streaming things and being able to hit pause or what have you. And when I went to the first movie after the pandemic, people.
Speaker 2: Do not know how to act. I mean they're talking the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, they're on their phones, they're yelling things at the I think Barbie was the last Barby I went to, but that was like a premiere also, so everyone was called Pressed Up, and.
Speaker 4: Now I miss going to the movies. I think the last movie I maybe saw him the big screen was like Oppenheimer. Okay, like in three D Imax super Duper. I think a Man's Chinese Theater or whatever whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Now, let's not sleep on the Dream Team from nineteen eighty nine with Michael Keaton.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'd have to go back and look at that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved him as Batman, all right, anyway, all right, So I saw this as kind of cute. It's in People magazine and it's a four sentence obituary. This is it's gone viral. The daughter wrote it for a woman now by the name of Florence goes By Flow Harrelson, sixty five. It says Flow Harrelson, sixty five, formerly of Chelsea, died without family by her side due to burnt bridges and a wake of destruction left in her path. Florence did not want an obituary or anyone, including family, to know she died. That's because even in depth, she wanted those she terrorized to still be living in fear, looking over their shoulders. So this isn't so much an obituary but a public service announcement.
Speaker 5: From the daughter. From the daughter, it's a lot of love in that family, huh.
Speaker 1: She says she hasn't spoken to her mom in a decade. She only discovered what had happened after a discussion with a friend about how things were too quiet around town lately.
Speaker 2: It's from me, right right.
Speaker 1: She said that her mom took sport in ruining every birthday in Chrismis played cruel pranks on her when she was little, taking her to the top of a bridge, having her and her partner grabbed the daughter's legs and arms and act like they were going to throw her into the water below. The daughter says, I still can't drive over a bridge without getting an anxiety attack.
Speaker 2: See, it's a good thing this daughter didn't have access to a computer as a young child. Exactly.
Speaker 5: She knows how she would have turned up.
Speaker 1: But I like it when obituaries are honest, you know, instead of she she lit up every room she walked into.
Speaker 2: She was kind of an a hole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this one, I mean was taken to extreme.
Speaker 4: This isn't so much an obituary, but more of a public service announcement that she's did.
Speaker 5: I love it. That's from people dot com. Also, you never know what you find.
Speaker 2: Michael Keaton Pacific Heights nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Okay, great movie. Yeah that was that was frightening, right, it was terrifying. I still keep coming back to dope sic though. What a story that was and what a what a performance that was by him. I've gone down the Michael Keaton hole.
Speaker 5: Now what else you got?
Speaker 2: Didn't know he was in Dumbo? Did?
Speaker 5: What about the one?
Speaker 4: Remember the one about McDonald's. Yes, the founder, the founder. Yeah, that was really interesting and well done. All right, all right, I mean I love going to the movies. I really missed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My wife and I would go to the Arc Light in Hollywood all the time, which is to me, it's like a crime that that is not open, I know. And the Cinerama Dome, which is like a national landmark really and you drive by there and it's like boarded up. It's like, with all the money in Hollywood, you think someone would want to get those going.
Speaker 2: Again, we're isolating. We're still isolating. What's going on.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.