Speaker 1: This is WBZY, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 2: Cloudy in fifty eight degrees in Boston at four o'clock. Good afternoon, and thanks for joining us. I'm Susanne Salsville. Here's what's happening. It's the final day of Boston Calling. Remy Wolf is next up on the Green Stage, followed by Sublime, Vampire Weekend, and then Dave Matthews band WBZ. S Drew mo'holland joins us live now from the Harvard Athletic Complex. How's the last day going so far? Drew?
Speaker 3: My life last day is going great so far, Susan. We're having a blast hear the music has been great here in the early part of the day. I am with some Boston festivalgoers here. They've been coming for what ten years in a row? Now ten years in a row, Baby and strong, what a run.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 4: We love this event. Shout out to my man, Drew and WBZ. Honestly like we come on all for the Boston people. This is the best city in the world, most educated, best hospitals. Even though our population isn't as big as other major cities, our economy and the people here are the best in the world.
Speaker 3: It's funny. He was saying, you don't even care who the music is every year, you just like to be with the people of Boston.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 3: Who are you here to see tonight?
Speaker 4: Dave Matthews Band and Vampire Weekends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, a lot of that today. You got yourself a little baby. How holds the baby?
Speaker 5: She's three months old.
Speaker 3: We're actually visiting our friends. They brought us to this event. Everything is great, but we're disappointed that we couldn't bring our stroller with us for the baby. So you're carrying the baby. I do like that you have the productive earphones on though. That's always a good thing, right, good advice for parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, we try to plan ahead.
Speaker 3: Outstanding, I think nodding like she's a Dave Matthews fan, so she looks very excited. I have a great night, everybody, all right?
Speaker 4: And if I'm not much WC.
Speaker 3: From Boston College Drew maholland WBC Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: That guy should work for Boston Tourism anyway. Memorial Day is a time to honor our veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice, but it's also a day off for many and his wbz's Emma Friedman tells us it's an opportunity to get some chores done.
Speaker 1: It's not a day at Flipping burgers are hanging out in the sunshine. For Victoria, she's on a mission this Memorial Day. Just wedding dress shopping. Yeah, her friend Olivia flew in from Chicago to help her find a dress for her wedding this summer. The two kicked off their weekend at Boston calling.
Speaker 2: Averri Levine was on, which is really cool as a millennial girl like obviously and then Fallout boys always good.
Speaker 1: Casper, on the other hand, has sunshine on the mine.
Speaker 6: I am going away. Yeah, I'm gonna sit at the lake the whole day, sit in the sun, escape from the city for a bit.
Speaker 1: Where's the lake up in New Hampshire? I asked him if he's worried about hitting any traffic.
Speaker 7: Not one bit.
Speaker 6: I'm driving up today.
Speaker 1: Almost everyone I talked to, So their biggest plan was just to relax instead of going to work. Arthur says the day off gives him a chance to do some much needed cleaning, but sadly he won't be enjoying any at home barbecue. I don't have the kind of outdoor space.
Speaker 3: I live in a one bedroom apartment, no backyard.
Speaker 1: I wish in Cambridge. I'm a freedman. WZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Well, Memorial Day is not like Thanksgiving and in terms of everything being closed, but there are some places that are shut down tomorrow. All state, local, and federal offices will be closed on Memorial Day, including the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Post offices are closed, as well as FedEx and UPS. Banks and libraries are closed, and trash collection is delayed to day. The stock market is also closed for the holiday. Becoming mostly clear overnight low fifty one, dry with more sun than clouds for Memorial Day, highs in the low to mid sixties. On Tuesday, a beautiful day, sunny and warm, with a high of seventy two. On Wednesday, a mix of sun and clouds, high seventy two, with a possible shower later in the evening. Right now in Boston, it's cloudy and fifty eight degrees. Boston's mayoral race has been focused on fundraising in the early going. Mayor Michelle Woo and challenger Josh Kraft already have campaign funds topping two million dollars, but have taken different to get there.
Speaker 3: It's a blatant attempt to buy a job with the family and their connections.
Speaker 7: Mayor Michelle wou responding to her challenge with Josh Kraft loaning his campaign two million dollars, essentially matching what she has in her campaign war chest after three and a half years as mayor.
Speaker 5: I knew when we got into this I would be an underdog. But I know we have a chance because of the people that have responded to us with energy, with commitment, and real hope for a new beginning in city Hall.
Speaker 7: With campaign fundraising already in overdrive, it shouldn't be long before adds touting the candidates begins showing up on TV and radio. Mike Maclin WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Boston police are searching for a man accused of disabling traffic lights downtown. It happened Thursday morning between ten and eleven thirty at Washington and Nieland Streets and at Washington and Lagrange Streets. According to police, the suspect to access the traffic control boxes at the intersections, cut the electrical wires and disabled the traffic lights. The person is believed to have been involved in a similar incident yesterday at Boylston Street and hadassa way. We have more information about the suspect and photos on our website WBZ NewsRadio dot com. House Speaker Mike Johnson is urging Republicans in the Senate not to make too many changes to the House passed budget bill. CBS's Linda Kenyon has more.
Speaker 6: The sweeping bill containing President Trump's domestic policy agenda passed in the House by just one vote. That's why Speaker Johnson on CNN said the Republican led Senate shouldn't mess with it.
Speaker 3: I have a very delicate balance here, a very delicate equilibrium that we've reached over a long period of time, and it's best not to meddle with.
Speaker 2: It too much.
Speaker 6: Bud Wisconsin Republican Ron Johnson, also on CNN, said the House hasn't cut spending nearly enough enough.
Speaker 1: To stop the process and tell the President gets serious about the spending reduction and reducing the def.
Speaker 6: Sit It's estimated this bill will add trilliance to the national debt. Linday Kenyon, CBS News Washington.
Speaker 2: Former President Joe Biden attended his grandson Robert Hunter Biden's the second high school graduation in Salisbury, Connecticut, Friday. It was Biden's first public appearance since announcing last weekend that he's been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Suzanne Sasville, WBZ, Boston's news radio