Speaker 1: So I wanted to start with the bagpipes or with amazing grace or something. But we're not eulogizing you, Nick, like you're not dying. You're just like going off to bigger and better things and leaving your friends.
Speaker 2: In the dust.
Speaker 1: But like, also, I don't know, maybe maybe we'll still give you some some bagpipes or something. Welcome to the Nick Wiffer Podcast, the Nick finale show of the Inside the Paint podcast on Rockshot Flog. It is the end. Oh I don't. I don't know if that's that. That might not be. I might have to stamp a couple of warnings on that on that podcast. I don't have to check the exclusive.
Speaker 2: But I don't get it. What's what's weird about that?
Speaker 1: Well, even though I do, we don't have any PG thirteen square words like that. So I already get away a little bit with the with the noise or with the with the lack of that. But oh, just this is Inside the Paint and Nick Wiper your final show. I am in spirit, Nick Wipper.
Speaker 2: I am also in spirit Nick Wipper.
Speaker 3: I am the real Nick Wipper.
Speaker 1: So Nick, this is it. This is the finale show. This is show number four hundred and sixty one of itp you've been doing this show for a long time. We'll talk about you a little bit more later, but this is like you're you're opening your your opening statement to talk about how important you are and how this is the end.
Speaker 3: Go. Yeah, I'm seeking your vote on November fourth.
Speaker 4: I'm actually leaving, leaving this podcast to start my political career. Which if you've listened to this podcast, that must be a scary proposition to all Johnson County voters?
Speaker 1: Would it be less controversial? If what is less? What is more polarizing? American politics or the Inside the Paint Podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're polarizing. I think it's dangerous.
Speaker 5: If you asked Wayne Kerr circa twenty twenty two would be.
Speaker 2: Close, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, there's plenty of people who happened to like all the time in their ears. There's also people who, you know, think that whenever we talk about how Bill self is the worst, that we're wrong. So I think we're at least a little polarizing. But you know, all the good figures in history were a little polarizing keyword little.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Sure, So we're going to talk about everything that has happened since late April for Kansas basketball, and a rare twist that may just prove that Nick, the basketball gods want you to go out in style. There was a major piece of Kansas basketball news that dropped right before we started recording. Normally, it's like fifteen minutes after I hit post. So Kansas has a full roster, they're all set to be the preseason number one team in the Land, and we're going to talk all about everything that has happened Landon. You said that you were learning about some of this news like fifteen minutes ago, because no one want has paid attention to basketball since Yukon became the newest Bluest Blood. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that Shaquille More, formerly of Mississippi State, even existed before reading the notes. So this is I could have made that up informed listen of the week, Glad we do this podcast.
Speaker 1: I could have made that up. I could have wrote the Jayhawks Lanta commit from fart mcturdpants and Leanta will be like, huh, all right, I wonder if he's good at making threes. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I would have known as much about that as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. One is a little bit more believable. Okay, let's go ahead, let's kick it off and talk about some news. This will be great. So just tonight in mid August, which it's it's a hot minute since I remember the Jayhawks landing a recruit in August. But that's what they did because spring slash summer. Bill self is a gangster. As Twitter likes to say, Kansas Lanta a score of guard David Koit, who averaged twenty one points and three assists last year at one of the worst teams in college basketball, Northern Illinois, who, as you remember, came into Allen Fieldhouse in early December and as a thirty point underdog only lost to Kansas by a humph and all of us except for Land and we're on here saying no, it's totally normal. They were probably just studying for finals or something like totally normal to play with your food a little bit in the form of Northern Illinois. But while Northern Illinois was not good, Cooit was. He is a five to eleven guard. He shot thirty five percent in the first two years of his career. He's shot almost five hundred career three point shot. So no secret what he likes to do. He will transfer into Kansas as a junior with two years of eligibility remaining. And my favorite tidbit about his game, he is an elite, high level eighty eight percent career free throw shooter. Kansas getting a just another guard. There's a lot of cooks in this kitchen and it just got a little bit more full with the acquisition of a twenty points per game scorer.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna hop on the train right now and say, start him over, Towan Harris. That's not controversial at all.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 3: Wow Wow, Yeah, you really came out of the game with that.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna say he should start, but I was gonna remind you guys that one Harris is going to be the primary point guard and nothing Zeke Mayo or David Koite or any of these other guards do will matter because Dwan Harris is is your point score.
Speaker 3: He is an elite scorer.
Speaker 4: He's gonna score just as many points as David Coit this season, he's gonna average twenty one.
Speaker 1: So Northern Illinois was eleven and twenty last year.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: They were just terrible. I'm trying to see if koit was their primary point.
Speaker 2: Guard at twenty one points right.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, he did average almost twice as many assists as anybody else. So the highest three scorers for Northern Illinois were David and then they had a guy named Zerreke with a Z and their third leading scorer was Xavier, So they had a Z and an X and they also have a Y. They also have a Yannick Conan Ninenhauser on their team from Switzerland of all places, so they they may have sucked out loud on the court, but at least their names were were a lot cooler than Kansas's with with their Kevins and Hunters.
Speaker 4: David quite sounds like a name that's in an auto generated name and inca football twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does, it does. It feels like the quarterback that you you try to recruit and he gives the rose to Chris climb In instead of David Beatty and it makes sure we start the game. Yeah, that's completely correct. But with lance lepel whoever, the guy that that is bad at game management that Kansas has right now, don't really need to start there. But as Lanta's gonna be very sad when Jaylen Daniels does not leave Kansas to a playoff after Lance Leppel ops the punt on third down, d been opposing territory.
Speaker 5: Well after that, the Jaylen Daniels tweaks his ankle in the third snap of the second.
Speaker 1: Game riding a bicycle around campus and misses six to eight weeks. Soquoit uh, I mean, we don't. We none of us watched Northern Illinois basketball last year. But the stats, I mean, you can't score twenty one points per game, even on the worst teams unless you have a degree of skill. And if he's a point guard, well, okay, so they have Dewan Harris, who's obviously going to be a fourth year starting point guard, and Zeke Mayo played the point at South Dakota State. Now you have Koit and you have a guy in in Rylan Griffin that that handled the ball a little bit for Alabama last year. You also have Rikey's passmore who's here that's a little bit of a combo guard. There's a lot of guys on this team that can handle the ball. My first question to you, guys, does Kansas simply have too many mouths to feed?
Speaker 5: This does feel a little bit like Bill Soelf might be himself to go back to his preferred two point system that he hasn't really employed in a while.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let's just work backwards on that. Let's work backwards on this. Who's gonna play? Hunter, Dickinson's your five? Undeniably, AJ Store is gonna play. Whether he's the three, he's gonna be the primary three. He's also gonna play a little bit of the four. There's two.
Speaker 5: I think Storr probably slots into that Jalen Wilson Kevin McCuller role in plays that stretch four pretty commonly.
Speaker 2: He'll play the four, I think.
Speaker 1: And we still at this point, at least Twitter believes that kJ Adams is a safe bet for thirty minutes per game. I think moves like this one show that that just may not be the case.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: So if that's the case, though, and you have Store, Adams and Dickinson playing the three, four, five a lot, that is a lot of names we just ran through to split two starting spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I would I would think that back to your point about is this the twenty miles the feed, I would argue opposite. I mean, Yukon's blueprint has been depth the past two national titles they've won. I think that that that with the transfer portal, I think the depth is more important than ever. We've seen these Kansas teams flame out with injuries because the depth isn't there, and these unreliable freshmen aren't able to come in and contribute. So I'm not gonna I don't think the depth is gonna be an issue. I don't think there's too many miles the feet. I think that there's gonna be guys that step up on when they step up. Now you figure out how you feel in the top the five and the roster.
Speaker 3: I think, like you said, three of those spots are pretty clear.
Speaker 4: The rest of them, you know, there's there's gonna be some some some questions about, you know, maybe how those are filled in, But I do I don't think that's gonna be an issue.
Speaker 1: So I agree with what you said. If this was a video game and you can just add players AJ Stores a ninety overall, Ryland Griffins in eighty six overall, and like in Madden right your third string quarterbacks in eighty five overall, and it's great. You have depth and you're gonna win games, But that's a video game where there aren't actual personalities to handle. You've got a guy like Koit or guy like Mayo, who one night's gonna play four minutes. Because there's just a lot of good players on this team that I don't know if that's what they have in mind transferring here. I'm more so Land and I'm a little bit worried about the morale of the team should things not go flawlessly, guys being unhappy at the lack of minutes they're receiving. Am I Galaxy branding this? Or is that? Is that a reasonable thing to worry about?
Speaker 5: Uh, that's a little Galaxy brain. I mean that just totally depends on the dynamics of the team. I do think that is a little more of a general concern in the transfer portal era, where like now, obviously, you know, even in normal recruiting, you might just have teams that don't gel well. Like obviously that's a thing, and it happens all the time, and it happened all the time.
Speaker 2: But I do think you run the risk more so with this kind of recruiting.
Speaker 5: Where it's so plug and play all the time. Guys are transferring from big programs two big programs. Obviously, in this case it's a little much much smaller program to a huge program. But you have all these different guys from different places, I do think you run more of a risk of weird locker room stuff.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 5: You know, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion until there's actual evidence of that.
Speaker 2: It's August, so there isn't any It'll be interesting.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously, I think the coaching staff stills to be honest with all of these guys. So I think David quite probably knows exactly what he's getting into. With the guard depth on this team, he probably has a real chance.
Speaker 2: I mean, he has good numbers.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I think he's gonna have a real chance to play real minutes on the team. Who I don't think he's gonna really compete to start. Maybe he does, though, who knows, But yeah, I don't know. Morale is such a tough thing to judge from our perspective because we are so distant from the team that we really that's a very tough thing to actually gauge.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would be a problem, but who knows.
Speaker 5: And again, in the portal era, it's probably more of a common complaint than it would be otherwise.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, that's more or less I'm concerned about. And like with a transfer portal, you're just buying lottery tickets, right, you know those those dollar scratchers of the gas station that one out of three times you win your money back and one out of five times you get way more than you thought you got aj storer And you figure your safety that's pretty high there, but it's not guaranteed. It's a lottery pick or it's a lottery ticket. Then you add a guy like Ryland Griffin, maybe a one and two chance that he booms like you think. And then you add Zeke Mayo, who got a one in three chance that he really booms because he's coming from a low major school like you. Eventually, adding up to these guys, Kansas has added five scholarship players in the transfer portal. Now where you feel pretty good about how hey, as long as you know two or three of these guys are legitimately good Big twelve players. Considering who they're returning, they're gonna have a really nice team. And that's why I like this move so much, because David Quit is the insurance in case Zeke Mayo has a tougher time transitioning to the Power five level than you thought. Or maybe Ryland Griffin rolls his ankle and miss his five games, or you know, maybe there's just all sorts of things here. Maybe Shaquille Moore now playing the backup point, maybe that doesn't go as well. Somebody could get suspended, somebody could get injured, somebody could have a family emergency. You're adding depth to those roles. That's gonna make it a lot harder for the Florida fill out, which you saw last year resulted in Freakin' whoever Michael Jenkovic dribbling the ball up the court at the end of the game in Houston because they had like six scholarship players left. And the albatross that was the Cincinnati Sprint Center game. So you have all of those pieces. I think the most important ad that they've added this offseason is aj score who This was a while back, but there was kind of some rumblings he would stay in the NBA draft. The NBA draft is obviously long gone. These are old notes. He is officially in rolled at Kansas. That's the guy I think is your bet to finish second on the team after Dickinson and scoring any objections.
Speaker 2: I think that's a pretty solid pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Store is gonna be really good. That The full intention for Store per Shams, who's reporting on Kansas basketball, is the this is gonna be Store's only year at Kansas. He wants to be a pro player, which I guess you could say that about anyone. The goal is that everybody goes pro after this next season of college, and obviously it doesn't always happen, but Store's gonna post some really good numbers. And I think he's gonna be a better three point shooter than he was at Wisconsin because I think the volume goes down enough to take higher quality looks.
Speaker 5: Also, can I old man yells at clouds for like one second and just say that I actually, I really do like that the players have the freedom to do whatever they want. I think that's good, but I hate that this is how rosters are built now, Like just kind of.
Speaker 3: Sucks to me.
Speaker 1: You know how many returning scholarship players Kentucky has zero?
Speaker 2: Isn't it one? One?
Speaker 3: One? Right?
Speaker 1: It's zero? It is zero? That Yeah, it makes it very confusing, like it and we thought the funny part is. We thought whenever this was originally happening a couple of years ago, like the foundation for this was taking place, we thought that it would really help the power programs, right. We thought that the Kansas is and Kentucky's would just have super teams every year, and that it would leave those middle to low major teams completely stripped. And I actually think the opposites happened. I think that the parody in college basketball has actually increased since the transfer portal, and it's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that is I do think that's a genuinely interesting wrinkle to this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: I think logically speaking, yeah, you know, if you look at like European soccer or even like the NFL, like, yeah, the best teams over time get the best players because the best players at the best.
Speaker 2: Level want to win the most. And if you're good enough to play for.
Speaker 5: The best teams, the best teams want you and you can go play there and you can win. And I thought, yeah, I would have agreed. I thought that definitely is exactly what would have happened in college basketball. That you know, if you play for you know, Jackson State, Jackson State sucks, but you might be really good and if if Baylor wants to give you a shot, then you're gonna go do that and it's gonna happen every time. But I agree, I think it has actually flipped the other way, which is kind of weird, but it is interesting.
Speaker 3: But other words, I don't sorry, where do you Where do you go from here?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: Like eventually, like the return on investment is gonna be realized. These boosters aren't gonna be wanting to shell out two million dollars for a guy to come play basketball for one year for them to lose in sweet sixteen? Like at what point does this nil thing just become like not so flashy and stuff or.
Speaker 3: Is it always gonna be that way?
Speaker 4: It's just the whole model seems so unsustainable, Like I like roster assembly, Like people fans are already tired of how many people are in and out every year. There's no commitment. Do we get to a point where players are signing two year contracts, three year contracts to play with for a certain school for that long? Does a transfer portal eventually blow up like that? I don't think anyone knows where this is gonna go. And it's just that's why it makes it like a and and said frustrating, but also at the same time, it's like who even knows who's gonna be on this roster next year? Like in the past, like what's been so fun as to see you know, guys come through KU and a lot of them play and they go to Senior Night. This year, the big name hung in the rafters. They played at Kansas for four or five years, they're a contributor. And now it's like, yeah, you got a bunch of seniors speaking on Senior Knight who played at Loyola Marymount and h our Lady of the Lake who transferred to Kansas. So it's like, you know what gives at what point?
Speaker 1: Well, the assumption h yes, you're correct, they will bust eventually with the return on investment thing, if and only if the big donors grow tired of seeing their dollars invested in a program they're passionate about. I don't know if that is a thing. I don't know if Hunter Dickinson is underwhelming next year and the next the next time Kansas wants to throw two million dollars a year at a at a top coveted recruit. I don't know if those donors are gonna say, you know what, No, you haven't gotten our return on our investment. Like, I don't know if it works like that. I think they're gonna keep throwing money because they have it at their schools to try to get the biggest return on investment from a We got to keep trying it because this is what our coach says would work. And then the other thing is, I'm curious what happens in the future with situations like Kevin mccullor's right, he's paid money through NIL to play at Kansas. His doctors say you're cleared to play, and he says, no, I'm playing, I'm not comfortable playing, or I'm wanting to stay healthy for the NBA draft, Like what happens if there's a clashing there is. There gonna be clauses if you're signing contracts that you're going to forfeit your money, and if what you think your best interest is is different than what the team says, you're right. There's a lot of sticky situations coming down the road. But Landon, I don't know do you think that that are these big donors ever going to say, you know, the last couple haven't worked, so I'm not gonna throw any more money at my school to get this big name in the transfer portal. I don't think that we're ever gonna get there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't say that's likely by any stretch. But then again, I mean if you repeat last season again, which I don't think is likely either, But if you do have seasons like that continually happen, even at a program like Kansas, I think you might get to a point where people are like, the strategy at least has to be different. Maybe I'll throw money at the program still, but maybe not quite in the same way. If the level of winning does not reach national championships, which is at Kansas what donors are paying money for is to go to Final four.
Speaker 1: Well, and the coaches hate championships. The coaches absolutely hated. We've seen guys like Williams kisski a different sport but not a coincidence. Yeah, not a coincidence. They've all hung it up at the same time, and they've all said on record, I hate the nil. It makes it so much harder. These guys are already having to essentially be babysitters to their teams and making sure no one gets into bar fights and making sure everybody passes their classes. And then you throw in the fact that now they're going to I have to on top of their recruiting. They don't ever get an off season, and the pro you don't have to recruit college, you gotta recruit, and now recruiting is gathering money from like I it sounds like just a batal job. Yeah, sounds like a terrible job, speaking of a mess. Really sad news on this account here Almarco Jackson tore his pateller tendon and practice and will miss the entirety of the season with a twelve month recovery, which is longer than an ACL tear and longer than an Achilles tear, so a rare but devastating injury. Twitter is all over the place about what kind of impact this actually will make. One of my favorite Twitter follows, I believe it was Wayne Kerr. If not it was in a conversation with Wayne Kerr talked about how Almarco was a really important piece and that they need to be developing their players instead of just transfer portaling in guys every year. Because the analogy that that person used. If it wasn't you, Wayne, if it was Wayne, then it was brilliant. If it wasn't that, I'm sorry. I'm forgetting was We can't stop microwaving the food and expecting it to taste as good as if we were to actually cook it in the oven and let it go with the process of time. Same basic thing here. A lot of people had high expectations for Almarco Jackson coming into this season. I personally think they're going to be better with guys like a David Koit, who I think is going to be a better player than Almarco Jackson. But you know he's a McDonald's all American, right like, Like, I don't know, what do you think impact Why is losing al Marco for the season has on Kansas, Nick.
Speaker 3: I'm mixed.
Speaker 4: I think that you know, a lot of people I talked to you thought he was gonna have a breakout sophomore season.
Speaker 3: Bill self seemed like he was high on him in the beginning of the offseason. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Last season, I was not impressed with Almarco Jackson. I think the development would have taken a little bit longer. Disappointing for sure. I think he would have been a good, good development role like Lannam was talking about, really important to build these guys out. But I don't with the transfers you're bringing in, the firepower you're bringing in, the experience, the demonstrated offensive capability, I don't.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I don't know. I don't see it affecting my perspective that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 5: I think that I was interested to see what Jackson would develop into. Like I thought there was at least something there, even though he was pretty actively not good most of the time in his freshman year. I still saw just enough to be like, at least kind of curious to see what he might turn into. At the same time, I don't really think this impacts the team almost at all because what Nick said, there's a lot of proven college offensive ability in al Marco.
Speaker 2: Surely was not a scorer. Again.
Speaker 5: Would have liked to see him developed, and I imagine he will still be with the team maybe come the next season.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't actually think this impacts Kansas very much going into this year, but it is. It is pretty devastating for a player. You'd never like to see a guy miss a whole year due to injury. Always always a tough time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think al Marco Jackson is a lousy basketball player, especially for what Kansas wants to do. Like he can't shoot and he can't handle the ball, and I think that's what you gotta do something if you're a guard. So I don't think the impact it has is necessarily huge. I just don't think he's a very good player relative to his All America status. But I do feel bad for him personally because it takes a lot of guns. We were just talking about how in this day and age in college basketball already transfers everywhere. Marco Jackson has a disappointing freshman season, most disappointing. McDonald's All Americans cannot wait to get the hell out of the school that they were just spent the year underachieving at. And Almarco clearly had the conversation with Bill self and he said, no, I want to stick it out. I want to legitimately be here and get better. That takes a lot of character, and it blows that we won't get the opportunity this year to see what he could have become. Hopefully it's a situation where comes back as a red shirt sophomore in a year and is even better as a result. But just a disappointing situation. You certainly feel bad for what is just the nineteen year old kid that was hopefully getting ready to take a big step. So disappointing for him, But I don't think that the team is necessarily going to suffer. Two other pieces of personnel news here, Riley Kogle, who is Bill Self's first transfer ad couldn't get into Kansas because of a grades issue, at least that's what it was being talked about. So he's not coming to Kansas. Who is coming to Kansas is Mississippi State transfer guard Shaquille more This was the day after Almarco Jackson's injury was diagnosed. He's a fifth year senior point guard that averaged eight points and to assist shot thirty six percent on threes last year for the Bulldogs. So they got a lot of point guards, but at this point quite wasn't there and al Marco goes down, you needed a backup one, and there you go.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 5: Any feelings or thoughts or even like knowledge of Shaquille.
Speaker 4: Moore at all, I've heard He's been really good in practice. I think in Mississippi State. He was a good role player.
Speaker 3: I am excited about this transfer.
Speaker 4: I think that the experience there a guard who really know I think, who really will fit in bill self system. Well, I think he's a really high energy, dive after loose Ball's aggresive type player. So I just think it's hustle. I think we'll go a long way. I don't know much more about I know is he was a kind of.
Speaker 3: Okay three point shoot.
Speaker 4: I think it dropped off the past season it at Mississippi State, but I'm interested.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, they have five guys on the roster that have played point guard in their college career. What I think that their recent roster act was and quit could have just been a, Hey, this guy's just sitting here, like I don't know how he'll fit, but we may as well snatch him up before a competitor does, and we'll see how it. We'll figure out later how to make it work. I don't know if they did that or if they just picked him up because oh, we need a point guard. But what I think that their roster construction says is they don't think Zeke Mayo's playing very much point, and they don't think that, and they don't think that Ricky's passmore is playing very much point. That leaves Dewan Harris, Shaquille Moore and David Koite to handle the ball.
Speaker 2: And are planning on playing two points a.
Speaker 1: Lot, right, Yeah, either or any scenario that says maybe the plan is to dial to Dewe Harris usage back a little bit.
Speaker 5: As much as I would love for that to be true, which is simply will not be I think, Okay.
Speaker 1: So you think you think Juwan is playing thirty plus minutes per game, no question.
Speaker 5: I would certainly think that. I even bringing in a lot of guards. I think Bill self loves him from Dewan Harris.
Speaker 1: I hope that we don't get thirty two minutes a game of one and kJ again. But and with this roster, I would think something's gonna prevent that from happening. But wouldn't be the first time that Bill self had a disappointing season, ran it back with the bulk of the starters, and things got a lot better each of the first two times that they tried that.
Speaker 5: Okay, Landon Harris, kJ Adams, Hunter Dickinson, who refuses to shoot threes, AJ Store, who shoots thirty percent on threes, and like Shaquille Moore because he dives for loose balls, while Rlentland Griffin, Zeke Mayo and David Coy said on the bench, that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: Ryland Griffin made six threes in a game, but he doesn't hustle well. So Bill selves like, nope, ah, not going that game selfish going five for five from mid range every game. Boy, it's almost like we know who coaches this team. Damn it, Bill, so Landon, tell me about the roster. We have thirteen names. We thought we'd have twelve. We have thirteen, and it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've mentioned pretty much everybody already, but here we go. Five seniors. Is gonna be a long senior night that I won't watch.
Speaker 5: Probably, Dwan Harris, KG Adams, Zeke Mayo, Hunter Dickinson, and Shaquille Moore are your seniors. Four juniors in Zach Clements, AJ Stort, David Coy and Ryland Griffin, two sophomores Jamar McDowell and an injured Delmarco Jackson, and then the two freshmen in Rakeise Passmore and Flory Badunga thirteen names. Thirteenth spot next year will have to be vacated to complete the scholarship penalty from the ARP case. There are also six walk ons, which is gonna make not just I mean, how many senior speech you're gonna get?
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be ten? How many of the seniors?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I think two or three of them, Like it's it's a lot of names, and there's no more like will they come back for their super senior year?
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: If you are a senior this year, you are done. If you are a junior this year, you have one year left after this one. Finally, and and the nick Era will will be remembered for a lot of things. But one of the things I will remember about the Land and Ryan nick Era on it P is how many hours we had to spend wondering if the Joe YESIFU it says junior, but he's played three years? What does that mean? Like, never have to do that again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more than zero hours. It was.
Speaker 5: It was a weird amount of time to wonder and red shirt sophomore but I think he's been in college for seven years, is eligible for three more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Joseph Yesifu is his so Joe. Yesifu's first year of college was in November of twenty nineteen, a full year before the Trump Biden election, and he will be playing basketball next year for Washington States. Unreal, how that works? Also, I think this is what four team, third team Drake, Kansas, Washington State whatever.
Speaker 5: Also, one of one of my favorite stats in college sports right now is that Kyle Whittingham, the head coach of Utah football, has been employed for twenty years at Utah, which is crazy, and his quarterback Cam Rising has been there for just over a third of his tenure.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's it's like Stet's and Bennett that. Yeah, No, he cadd eventually.
Speaker 3: Get a real job.
Speaker 1: Did you guys know that Shaq is a rapper?
Speaker 2: I think I knew. He performed a late.
Speaker 1: Night Oh that's right. Yeah. Well he's doing a postgame Royals concert and he's standing next to Salvador Perez, who is a solid six ' five and sal looks like me when I meet an athlete.
Speaker 3: Right after they lost to the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after they blew a late lead to the Cardinals. Speaking of blown leads our basketball team that we root for they never do that.
Speaker 3: Bill Sol has his head up, as asked so much, but there.
Speaker 2: Is exciting news.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, just just because you asked, how about two more times?
Speaker 3: As head asked so much.
Speaker 1: But one thing, one thing that we will get to watch is Duke, who usually blows late leads when they play Kansas, not a Champions Classic year. As we transition into the scheduling portion of this, no better way to send you off than to talk about that non con schedule. Kansas and Duke will play a November Las Vegas neutral site game. I guess apparently they want to do home and homes, but you know, Duke's not quite ready to give Bill self that rose. They've never given one out before for that. So they're going to start in Vegas in a non Champions Classic season. Then they'll meet in the Champions Classic next year, and then I believe the plan is after that two years from this upcoming one, we will finally get a Kansas to come and home. I'm just gonna say, I don't care about Kansas, Duke. I've seen that game before. It'll be good, it'll be entertaining. They're both good teams. I am happy that Kansas does not get a Thanksgiving game this year. That game against Duke is two days before, and then they'll play against some poor cupcake team two days after Thanksgiving. So no more letting your Thanksgiving bird eating, no more letting that be ruined by Bill self choking to Oh it was Tennessee most years, but it was also Dayton at one time.
Speaker 5: Can I also say that I really have active distaste for neutral site games in non con just takes all the juice out of the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you think it's a home it's in a way or it's like a neutral site tournament, like that's the only thing that time that it's Okay.
Speaker 5: Champions Classic is like the only real example of this. Maui and stuff like that is cool. But outside of like Maui and Battle for Atlantis, neutral site is pretty pretty rough.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 4: It's just not imagine your Champions Classic rotated between the four teams venues every year. So I thought about yeah, like Duke, so like, yeah, like Kentucky's playing Duke and allenfield House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great idea. The problem with it is is they'd have to forfeit tickets at the neutral site arenas and they would absolutely never do that because it's all about dollars, but yes, that would be terrific. Like and to add on to Landon's point, how many good Thanksgiving Feast week tournaments are there? Like ten years ago there were like four, so they were all good, and now so many of them are bad? Like I swear you turn on it's the cheese. It's invitational in front of sixty five people in a city that you'd never want to travel to, Like, how are all these places? And it's Drake playing George Washington for third place? It's like, how is this a tournament? How many good ones are there?
Speaker 3: The Thanksgiving tournaments are pretty lame?
Speaker 5: For most of them are I've Gottis and Maui are the only two that I can think of that are actually any good most of the time.
Speaker 2: There's probably one more that I'm forgetting.
Speaker 1: That's fine, But oh, what's the other one? Uh? What's the other one that has a pretty decent field? Or is that it is that it.
Speaker 5: H the College of Charleston. One occasionally has like one interesting team in it. They have one in like freaking North Dakota.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, they do.
Speaker 4: It's called the Carolina stetson.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon Challenge. Duke every year plays the Blue Devil Challenge where someone like Furman comes in there on Thanksgiving week to play against the fighting John Shires.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They there's one in Hawaii that I will never understand how it's not bigger at Christmas time. I guess it's because Maui takes all the Maui Thanksgiving one gets it all. And then there's not one in Orlando that Kansas loses and gets third place.
Speaker 7: That one.
Speaker 5: That one is likeation or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the ESPN Events invitation. It was the.
Speaker 3: Atational a times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's rough, it's it's real rough.
Speaker 2: That one has a field.
Speaker 1: So there also is a neutral site game Land and your favorite kind of I believe it technically is a home game. So Kansas agreed to a home and home with North Carolina State. And before I scoffed at that, I remember that team was in the Final four last year, so I guess hooray. Uh, they're gonna play at the Team Mobile Center this year. That's the Sprint Center, Kansas City, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to talk about that. My ask RCBS. That week will be filled with why do we play here? They always lose at the Tea Mobile Center, and then we're like, no, they win edny five percent of their games, please stop. A return game in Raleigh is coming next year, so uh no, DJ Burns. But you do get to watch Kansas play a Final four team.
Speaker 2: I guess that'll be fun.
Speaker 7: Boy.
Speaker 1: Imagine at the beginning of last season, if we were told North Carolina State and Kansas and a game between a team that was very mediocre and a team that made a Final four of the year before, we'd have been like, yay Bills making number five. Yeah, no doubt about it. Okay, Nick, why don't you go through the schedule. Since we don't get to go through your schedule in this podcast anymore, you can at least tell me all these games you're gonna miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their first game is late night in the FOG's kidding, that's not a.
Speaker 5: Game, it's taking over fog in that one.
Speaker 4: Late night in the fog is very boring. I've been to many of them.
Speaker 5: And the guy that if it was the guy that's sposed blunt puppy, who are you taking?
Speaker 7: Oh, if it was who versus the blood puppy.
Speaker 2: Shack Shaq rapping.
Speaker 7: Shack Shak's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Well, you could throw Nelly in there, who's scheduled to perform but just got thrown in jail for drugs the other day, So who knows that that's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: Well, good thing that late always has the best influences giving the performances.
Speaker 1: I apologize. I didn't know what exotic dancers were, said Jet long.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg was going to do.
Speaker 4: With the They were carrying those polls into the fieldhouse, and I thought they were gonna be a fire indust routine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: That was the year they were like, that was their best team, wasn't it. Snoop Dogg willed that team to thirty and three or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was The money Gun the Money Game willed the title.
Speaker 4: And then Bill Selv walks in within Adidas chain in the video. I remember that, yeah, right after the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah boy, yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, don't pay players anyways, I know school it's not paying players and a school that also, I'm an alumni of Washburn. That's an exhibition game they'll be playing. And then Kamala Harris is alumni. Howard is the next game November, you guys know, us is probably gonna be in the locker room and allenfield House telling them how great they played after they lose fifty one to one and seven.
Speaker 1: I forgot after Kansas just sat on Howard and that sixteen v one game and Kamala's.
Speaker 7: In the lock you played so great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like they don't they want to be anywhere else. It should have been a Southwest Airlines want to get Away commercial.
Speaker 7: A good thing.
Speaker 4: That's how people still feel about Kamala Harris. Anyways, Why.
Speaker 2: Who loses by war Howard or Kamala Harris?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's I don't probably Howard.
Speaker 7: Not that North Carolina is on the schedule. Guys. Uh, they're coming out in Fieldhouse. What a game? Will Roy Williams be in attendance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah it ooh yeah, and he'll I don't I predict he doesn't wear either team's colors. I predict he's just there and like a maybe sweatshirt, like a master's polo. Yeah. So the Washburn game is our annual reminder that the best decision that they've ever ever made is only doing one exhibition game every year because nobody needs Washburn and Fort Hayes State the same year. The UNC game is cool. I don't know the last time UNC played here. I gotta imagine it's going to be the most expensive ticket for any KU game. I would guess since the last Border War game in twenty twelve. That's my guest, the last time they had a ticket that that highly coveted. North Carolina returns R. J. Davis for his record breaking thirteenth season of college basketball, and they are going to be a preseason top six to eight team. I think so well, that'll be a lot of fun. Kudos to Hubert Davis and Bill self for saying, let's schedule more of these. Let me just open real quick, Duke non conference schedule. Let's see who mister shire is opening up with. So Duke is going to open with. Okay, let's take a look. Nick, go ahead and continue. I'll find this out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So not a lot of other dimension here. Michigan State's and the Champions Classic. This move ven has moved back almost a whole month. They've got the Oakland Grizzlies, Cam Lipple's alumnus, so little hint at Cam Lipple there who will be a future host?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have the answer. By the way, Duke will be opening the season. I'm not sure. Oh this was last year. Never mind it says Dartmouth, and I was like, yep, but that was last year. I'll work to find this year's continue.
Speaker 4: Kansas has UNC Wilmington on the schedule. That's something Joe Biden's hometown, so that's real cool.
Speaker 7: I wonder if they'll be sick.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is my last show.
Speaker 7: I don't have nothing to lose at this point.
Speaker 4: They'll play, like you said Duke in the Vegas show Down, very exciting as Landa's favorite non conference game. And and and he'll go there and he'll play. He'll playing some casino games before the game.
Speaker 1: Uh is a huge gamown.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Furman is another Vegas Challenge, showing on that. I'm more excited for the Furman game than the Duke game personally.
Speaker 7: And then they've.
Speaker 4: Got at Creighton in the Big twelve Biggies Challenge. Big missed opportunity here to not put Yukon on the schedule again, but the schedule makers will schedule make all that will still be a fun game in Omaha.
Speaker 1: Crighton I went to Omaha a couple of weeks ago and saw that arena and there's a big blue Jay on it. They played downtown and it is just three hours away from Lauren, so I predict you see a lot of Jayhawk fans there. We've been due for the return game of this since the COVID year, right they they never have gone to Creighton. I know, I everybody wanted Yukon. It'll probably happen eventually. I'm fine with Creton. They're a top twenty team in the preseason. Speaking of players who have been there for forever, did you know Ryan Kulkbrinner is still there?
Speaker 2: He's about to drop twenty five on him.
Speaker 1: I guess my favorite team has Hunter Dickinson on the payrolls lash roster, so I shouldn't make that joke.
Speaker 4: And Kay's going to Columbia this year. Will it be another twenty point blowout?
Speaker 1: Missouri hasn't won a basketball game since like like November, like twentieth, right, like they they didn't win anything. Run That was a very sad.
Speaker 3: Well, very sad sad loss.
Speaker 1: That's this is the game that's gonna be close. We've said forever that eventually Kansas and Missouri are going to play a close game in this series and they haven't yet. This feels like the seventy seven to seventy win, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm not gonna commit to that.
Speaker 4: And then closing it out n C's State. No Dj Burns, I think he graduated, did he not?
Speaker 7: Or is he back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think he went from me. He's not still in school. I know that.
Speaker 7: And then our favorite game on the schedule, Brown.
Speaker 1: Speaking of homage to the Blue Devils. Yes, DJ Burns plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Now as for Brown, boy, I tell you what Kansas is. Let's just hope that a lot of these games don't go to so many overtimes that they run out of players and have to finish with law trivia. Because with Howard, Brown and Furman all in the schedule, they're in a lot of trouble if it turns into something like that. What are your thoughts on the schedule? I think it kind of sucks.
Speaker 5: Like no shot Oakland firebombs from out of existence like they did Kentucky.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna happen. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the that's the eighty two to seventy eight game that has us all being like, oh my, that was It's.
Speaker 5: Probably normal that Hudter Dickinson only had ten and ten against Oakland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is fine.
Speaker 1: How many losses there?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Three? I'm learning my lessons.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't think there's any chance it's three. Who are the three losses?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Creighton is the most likely?
Speaker 2: Probably Creighton. Michigan State.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michigan States, they're gonna They're gonna sit on Michigan State. Like Michigan State. You're telling me an unranked Michigan State. It's gonna beat one Kansas.
Speaker 2: All right, Brown, Then.
Speaker 1: Good choice that that is the right before Christmas Ivy League game that nobody ever wants to remember.
Speaker 2: That game is gonna be seventy five sixty five?
Speaker 1: Oh, right now, Landon, I'll play this on the show. I'll take an under one right now, hand up in the air. I'll put a hand on any holy book you want. It's going under one. Forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels really right. I agree.
Speaker 1: I got sixty six to forty nine or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting, awful.
Speaker 1: Duke schedule isn't out, by the way, but the most recent piece if I look up Duke schedule on Google News. The most recent piece of news is Duke adds Seattle University to non conference schedules, So it could be them, could be the Fighting Space needles. We don't know. The Big twelve schedule is going to be twenty games long, which Bill self said was gonna happen, and you didn't have to wait a week. He's right. Kansas gets home and homes with Central Florida. Yay, another trip to Orlando, Colorado, Welcome back Houston, Iowa State, and Case State. They did as good of a job to balance this as they could have, I guess, only home games against the two new Arizona teams and Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and West Virginia and only road games against Baylor BYU SINCTCU and Utah. So pretty much just an inverse of last year. And then they get more of the new teams at home than on the road. I was hoping they'd get a home and home with Arizona, but then if they had done that, people would complained about how the schedule was probably too lopsided. Right hence why they get two against is Yeah, this is confusing and hard and what with twenty games. You're probably playing non con games like December twenty sixth or something like that, or playing conference games in late December. Correct twenties a lot like twenties, a lot. You gotta get through ten weeks.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of games.
Speaker 5: I mean it'll, I mean it'll be a very fun schedule. But yeah, the round robin was just so clean and so perfect.
Speaker 3: Thanks realignment.
Speaker 1: Kansas also gets an exhibition game that is not yet official, but you know it will be soon against John cala Perry's Arkansas team where they will miss a bunch of threes and lose and people will say it's just like last year all over again. Look forward to the first post Nick show, where we have to deal with those ascarcbs.
Speaker 5: Johnny Furfy he did not get drafted until the second round. As we move into some NBA news here, which man Jayhawks in the NBA run it back one.
Speaker 2: More time for Nick, Furfey went thirty fifth to Indiana. Nick. Bad decision, right for Johnny, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think so, because he wasn't getting in al money because he's from Australia.
Speaker 3: So at least he made his bag so good for which is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: May I add, yes, yeah, you're you're all right. It wasn't the right basketball decision from a he should have stayed another year. His performance in the last month of the year told us that. But the nil thing and go make money and yeah, it's it all really doesn't matter. Kansas is just fine without Furfy, and Furfey is just fine without Kansas. But like five six years ago, he probably comes back.
Speaker 5: Kevin mccullor, who I don't think would have come back for ten billion dollars based on how the last month of the year went, went fifty six to the Suns and immediately was traded to the Knicks.
Speaker 2: So much for all the.
Speaker 5: Lottery coopla throughout the season for both those guys, really as well. Jalen Wilson was named m VP of the Summer League. I don't think I watched maybe one total hour of the Summer League, which is more than I'd watched in the last.
Speaker 2: Like two years.
Speaker 3: I watched a minute of it.
Speaker 2: I watched some tiny, tiny bit.
Speaker 1: So this is the new Kevin mccullor drop for anybody who watches SpongeBob as a kid. Because at least the legs feeling fine now and Sabee mckaylik, who won an NBA championship with the Boston Celtics, So he is the eighth bill Self player to do so. Combined. You to name the other seven that have won an NBA championship.
Speaker 5: Mario Chalmers, Christian Brown and.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's that's four. Keep going three laughing.
Speaker 3: Let's thinks, what did.
Speaker 1: You say you got? Two thousand and six, twenty fifteen, and twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Those are the years.
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Twenty was the Lakers, right?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 3: Is that the heat?
Speaker 2: Did Brandon Rush win one?
Speaker 1: Brandon Rush one with the fifteen team? Yep? Yeah, nicks on to something with somebody won it in twenty with the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh Markith yep?
Speaker 1: Correct? And then the and then the other one was six, which is this person is currently employed by the University of Kansas.
Speaker 2: Did Danny Manning win a title?
Speaker 5: Not Danny Manning, I mean, I mean not yeah, definitely not Danny Manning. The other guy that was really good, Wayne Simon, was Wayne Simon?
Speaker 1: Correct? Correct? Look at you guys, you guys clean that up. Very nice job. And honestly, that list is kind of underwhelming, like they're that none of those guys. You have a few that were really really good, but but none of those guys were the guys that you expected to be super NBA players that willed their team to uh titles. I think Wiggans Wiggins.
Speaker 2: Did, but then he won one in a way that.
Speaker 1: Was not that but he was really really good for that. Like the war was the best, Yeah he was. He was one. Uh Steph Curry going absolutely crazy away from being finals MVP that year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was excellent in those finals, in the playoffs in generally was really good. But yeah, like Christian Brown, uh was fine, and he played solid minutes for the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: But yep, yep, circus font is now a regular thing on the primary home uniforms. Nick ascally had that scoop for all of us. Trajan is dead. Nick rejoices because Trajan is. Yeah, it's about time. This is This is a good case of something that is rare in sports. The university team. Yeah, well I was gonna say, h yes, well, teams do you normally change things? Now they listen to their fans, which is great, and now talk about the change that nobody asked for.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ouch, Allen Fieldhouse's capacity is shrinking one thousand seats to fifteen thousand, three hundred because, as I like to say, the uh chairback section on the west wall, that is the if the game starts at seven, you get there at seven twenty three and you leave at eight point fifteen, that section we need more chairbacks. There's also a new scoreboard, which kind of looks weird and wi fi yay. They asked Travis Goff if they were gonna get air conditioner and he said, it's complicated. I don't know what the hell that means.
Speaker 3: It seems is they can't question. They can't put an AC unit in that building.
Speaker 1: But but why.
Speaker 4: Because of the current system, there's no They have to completely take out sections of the arena to fit a HVAC unit in there.
Speaker 1: So how about we just put a really big fan right by the basket on both ends and just crank that thing. Our hurricane category three status And he's that.
Speaker 4: Way everybody he has experience, though, yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one that's cozy.
Speaker 3: I think the more pressing issues. They're reducing seats and people are still squished like sardines. But in one seat now in.
Speaker 4: Field House is two seats in oldfield House equal one in the modern era.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, Nick's right, Like I I weigh one hundred and twenty I weigh one hundred and twenty pounds. I am in about the five percentile and adult men weight, and I fit absolutely perfectly. My eighteen inch butt is exactly the width of one seat at Allen Field House, and that is just not the case for a lot of people. So you're usually that if you got one guy who's above average wayt size in the middle of your row, everyone's gonna be the poor guy in seat one is in the aisle, and it yeah, it's it's it's very nineteen fifties. What can you say. Also, there was the men's alumni team who did their original teams, at least most of them, some homage by choking away a double digit lead against Colorado and losing in the sweet sixteen for the second year in a row. Didrich Glowsan kept launching threes and none of them went in the basket and Kansas ultimately did not get to the elam ending they lost. I know, that's shocking. They were a favorite in that game.
Speaker 2: Never happened in turnaments, not.
Speaker 1: Ever that's your Kansas basketball news. Let's blow the air horn and then we're gonna talk about everybody else and do one more round of ASCARCB for Nick Big twelve slash other news. Well, this is just kind of a hodgepodge of everything else that has happened. So whoever wants to read some interesting tidbits that maybe you didn't know, go for it.
Speaker 5: Uh Yukon in Texas will play a home and home in the most lopsided coaching matchup in the history of sports.
Speaker 2: That's a really funny sentence. Dan early to not go to the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Which was Kansas State's non conference schedule, is terrible, but at least they scored a two million dollars nil bag commit from a nobody from Illinois Coleman Hawkins.
Speaker 1: All right, here's one thing to say about Dan Hurley. He's a total boss. What an awesome, awesome coach to say, I don't care who offers me a job. I'm staying here and we're making this program cool. He is the guy that you would love to have coaching your team. Albeit guy who's pretty pretty weird, but you kind of have to be. Also, I want to read case States non conference schedule, guys, because it's not just Howard and Brown thirteen times copied and pasted. But oh my, is it bad? Is it a good sign asking for a friend when Saint John's is the toughest game on your schedule.
Speaker 2: If you like to win? Yeah, here are.
Speaker 1: Kansas State's thirteen non conference games. It might be eleven. I don't know. New Orleans, Cleveland State, LSU, Mississippi Valley State, George Washington, Liberty TBD. That actually may be the toughest opponent here. They're playing in something called the Paradise Jam University of ap B. Don't know what that is. Arkansas Pine, Oh, it's it's that awful abomination of a program. They always get big jaw schools Saint John's, Drake and Wichita State. Jerome Tang looked at that complete part of a schedule and said, I think it'll work.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you're k State it does.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the Colemen Hawkins News, that's a big deal. Two million dollar bag rewind an hour ago when you were talking about will people ever get tired of throwing money at schools?
Speaker 2: No, MJ.
Speaker 5: Rice needs someone to throw a bag at him. He transferred out to the NC State after the portal close and it is just kind.
Speaker 2: Of out there.
Speaker 1: Now needs a waiver to play now, I think is how that works.
Speaker 4: Houston is probably Kansas's biggest competitor for the twenty twenty five Big Twelve Crown. They returned all their primary pieces from last year, Sands Jamal shed. They were placed in with Oklahoma point guard and Mulo's juz on us In. Like any sane college basketball players, could not wait to get away from Porter Moser.
Speaker 1: Eternal loser. Porter Moser. There, sir, I can't wait to watch Porter go eight and ten in the SEC and you're gonna see him with his ou pullover talking to Ree Davis ten minutes before the brackets are announced, and the thing on the bottom the bar and the bottom just reads should Oklahoma get in? Question mark, and it'll be Porter pleating his case. You know, we beat Arkansas Pine Bluff by fifty, and we did win five league games against teams that are gonna make it, so I think we should be in and then they won't, because that's what happens every year with Porter Moser. Stupid ass Oklahoma teams get away from the Big twelve landon talk about Baylor.
Speaker 2: I will Baylor.
Speaker 5: They got duke point guard transfer Jeremy Roach and has top five recruit in wing vj Edgecombe coming in.
Speaker 2: They'll fit right in.
Speaker 5: With returning shooters to do what Baylor always does, which is shoot a lot of threes and make most of them. Arizona has Caleb Love coming back to go seven for twenty six.
Speaker 2: In that game at Allen Fieldhouse.
Speaker 5: As for Iowa State, they basically have their entire team back, plus a transfer ad in Charlotte center DeShawn Jackson, but not that one.
Speaker 4: Kansas, Alamima, and Yukon are probably the top three teams in some order in the preseason pool.
Speaker 7: Do you guys think Kansas number one?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Sure, but that has not exactly served them well lately.
Speaker 1: I think they have the best team, I don't know if, and I think they will be won. Yukon gets a big boost by keeping their coach, because we all know that when a coach leaves, the roster usually just heads for the door. I think that Houston is a little overrated. I think that they kind of played above their head last year and now they don't have their best player back. And I think Iowa State is a little overrated as well, but I think teams like North Carolina and Purdue are a little underrated. So we'll see. In ESPN's too early Top twenty five, which was just updated a couple of days ago, the Big twelve has five of the top nine teams. That is Kansas at won, Houston at four, Baylor at six, Iowa State at seven, and Arizona at nine and then Texas Tech Kansas State, all teams that are right in that will they won't they make the Top twenty five. It should be another year where the tenth best team in the Big YEP. They really are.
Speaker 2: Also Gonzaga's five.
Speaker 5: And Ryan has many many foul things to say about them, which is, you know.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Screw them and Screwbill for losing that stupid team. Of all the teams that this podcast had to tug. Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of f words in there. Also, Creighton they projected the top fifteen team because, as we said earlier, eternal nerd Ryan Kalchburner is still there. He is the tallest nerd in the world and he is here to dunk on Hunter Dickinson.
Speaker 4: Nick John keeps stealing recruits from Bill South with the most recent one being twenty twenty five point guard Darius A.
Speaker 3: Kuff.
Speaker 4: The Razorback Project is a top fifteen team with DJ Wagner, Carter Knox in Trevon Brazil, all following Hall Pari from Lexington to Fayetteville, plus a commitment from Florida Atlantic stud Joe Nel Davis in his eighteen points per game.
Speaker 1: That's probably the biggest out of the portal. I know that you could argue guys like AJ Store. I'd be fine with that. Janelle Davis is a absolute monster and John Cala Perry wasted no time scooping him up. Arkansas is going to win the SEC this year. Tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: Kentucky's gonna have something to say about it, but probably Arkansas is a pretty good bet. Problem They're the most talented, but talent has not won anything for Kentucky lately. We'll see what it does this year for them. With Mark Pope as they might have a fringy top twenty five team. They got Jackson Robinson to follow him from BYU. He also added West Virginia's Kirk Cresa. Praise the Lord that Kirkresa is allowed to play for a real program and not West Virginia, Oklahoma's o tega Oway in the portal as well, going to Kentucky. Kentucky zero returning scholarship players from last year.
Speaker 1: That's insane college sports. I predict it doesn't go well for Kentucky early. I predict they lose to Duke. I predict they lose to a random team at home. Not like Evansville bad, but you know they they're kind of used to that. And I predict that that worget about eight games into the Mark Pope era, and fans and on rough rafters are already saying that that was the worst tire ever.
Speaker 5: I think that's a very good prediction. I think there's a lot of validity to that problem.
Speaker 1: But you know who won't be fine as as Dick has posted a very funny image in the group chat where Mike Woodson, who really does look like mister potato Head, and his Indiana team is somehow ranked in the top twenty of ESPN's top twenty five preseason poll. Why would you rank Mike Woodson.
Speaker 2: So you get to see missus potato Head.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a shocked woman that just found out that anybody trusts Mike Woodson with anything. That team is starting four and six and we all know it. Oh that's it. I don't really know what to do when we reach the end of the notes, but okay, final aver at one.
Speaker 2: Last ask RCB for Nick.
Speaker 1: One last, ask RCB for Nick.
Speaker 3: Okay, which what's the first question?
Speaker 1: Rodney Terry?
Speaker 3: What color is socks?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 1: Today? I wish somebody asked that there are a few about you, Nick Whole? Actually yes, at Rockshock AJ twelve, Nick, what color of pants do you think Rodney Terry is going to wear this year?
Speaker 2: Orange pants? That's awesome. I would love to see him where burn orange pants.
Speaker 1: Because he is burnt as the burnt pun soiled his pants pun something I don't know, but Texas was being mocked. Indiana and Texas were back to back in that top twenty five poll, and I'm thinking, okay, wow, it's almost like nobody knows what's going to happen. We've watched this many times at Matt Underscore Gallantine. My best memory of Nick was him yelling about how awful Sylvio Dessa was when he came back from his long suspension. I remember that we were so excited to have Silvio back and that was the team that that was the COVID year team. And oh my gosh, was he bad, very bad? And then he hit somebody with a chair or no, he didn't, He just acted like he was going to.
Speaker 2: But he did hit a man.
Speaker 1: He did hit a man. He hit an autistic man and blinded him. Didn't he didn't that happen?
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Oh that's just not great. Some some some kid told him that he sucked at basketball, so he did the only logical thing. He threw a punch and blinded the man.
Speaker 2: Yep, normal stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh, Matt adds, best of luck to you. Nick h Nick is gonna get his flowers on this show at Ryan Underscore, Landreth Nick has liked women with tattoos this whole time, hasn't he.
Speaker 3: I'm impartial?
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, that doesn't step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: That that's yes? So uh fun fact uh And and this kind of doubles into a question Landon Nick and I every year playing a charity softball tournament that I organize, these two have played in just about every single year that you can play in this and they each wanted to play a second game, but not the whole game. So they split a spot and out goes Landon Wiper, switching the same shirt back and forth between at bats, and one of the factoids was Landon Whiebert loves tattoos on women some days and on others hates them. And Landon made the tailors everyone.
Speaker 2: Hand mind blowingly confused.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what you and you, the three of us all got it, which is all that matters. Fair enough, But yes, Landon is team is Team Tats and Nick, well, we we've gotten Yeah, we got one step in the right direction. This is a good one here at Matt Underscore Gallantine. What summer Olympic sport would you have the best shot of doing well in?
Speaker 4: Oh, my gosh, table tennis?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's yeah, that's probably that's a good answer.
Speaker 3: But the Chinese are good at table tennis. Yeah, it's not still going to be good.
Speaker 1: Looking at a list of all the sports, trying to see if there's anything here that I could remotely be okay at, Like, best chance, I'm pretty good at merchery on the Wii. I don't know if that would translate.
Speaker 2: I played one season of reck soccer, so maybe they were.
Speaker 1: The green team back in the day or the blue team. We were blue team, all right, and that was this year. This year was my first year of reck soccer ever. Wait, you played I did play. Wow. I didn't know adult land and played rec league. I was picturing you as like a five year old.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my dad would never up.
Speaker 1: In Michigan where it's mid July and you're all wearing scarves.
Speaker 5: I just was in Michigan and it was a beautiful seventy degrees with a cool lake breeze in my hometown.
Speaker 2: It was wonderful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely freaking sucks. It's mid August and it's already cold. I'm looking at the list. How would the three of us do in rowing?
Speaker 2: Really bad?
Speaker 1: Would we do better or worse? Rowing? Or synchronized diving? There's also the three on three basketball that the United States sucks at. Maybe we can help them?
Speaker 2: Oh that that sport sucks.
Speaker 4: Anything would be able lead a high school girls basketball team and three three basketball?
Speaker 1: Oh man, does it help us or hurt us if you take players off, if it becomes five instead of three or vice versa. I think it hurts us. I actually think it might help us because they have depth.
Speaker 3: No question.
Speaker 1: Uh, what would be our worst Olympic sports I think it's probably gymnastics.
Speaker 2: Gotta be right hard I would be.
Speaker 1: Of all of these, I think that and and granted this is this is just because there by default has to be an answer. I think I would say golf is the sport I would be the best at. Next is tennis, undoubtedly, but and Landon would probably be soccer. Really, you don't think you don't think golf that like, golf is the only one of these that, like you could fall backwards into a decent shot.
Speaker 3: You think you'd be good at golf. Golf is like the hardest sport.
Speaker 1: No, I do not think I'd be good at golf. I think I'd be better at golf than water polo, volleyball, marathon swimming, canoeing, bad mitts and an archery.
Speaker 3: What about what about handball?
Speaker 1: I would be we would be so bad at handball Golf at least it is not even a sport. Yeah, I put bowling in the Olympics. I can bowl really well, but until it's there, you got it, You.
Speaker 3: Gotta bowling is definitely not a sport.
Speaker 1: Would you rather be an Olympic surfer? Like like you right now in the Olympics. You don't like you to get good or anything. An Olympic surfer or an Olympic synchronized.
Speaker 3: Diver surfer sick.
Speaker 1: But that's a big ocean and the water is probably.
Speaker 2: Cold, and there's sharks out there.
Speaker 1: Are you a shark phobic?
Speaker 2: Yeah kind of.
Speaker 5: But I really want a cage dive one day, so I don't Did you know those two thoughts in my head?
Speaker 1: Did you know that more people die every year of coconuts falling on their head than they do in shark attacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a coconut doesn't have nearly the amount of teeth.
Speaker 1: No, sharks are nice guys. Just don't like, go kick one and you'll be fine, or don't bleed in front of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean those are good. Those are good pieces of advice. Like I mean, most sharks won't really do anything to you. It's mostly just like bull sharks and the occasional great white that gets a little feisty.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, don't go. Don't go, you know, fart on a tiger shark or anything. But you're just like hanging out in a sand reef and you see a little fin. You're not going anywhere or they don't want there. You remember landon they're scared of us as much as we're scared of them.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's that's true. That has to be true.
Speaker 1: Of course, every animal's biggest predator is the human.
Speaker 2: Which is true. But I'm not going for that so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's sharks. Sharks are I wouldn't mess with one. I don't know if I'm scared of one. But I did ride that. My dad did make me ride the Jaws ride at Universal Studios when I was like eight years old, and I thought I was going to be a lifetime shark of foe at that point. Got over it eventually. At Casey Sports Kingdom one which hatred is stronger Nick on women with tattoos or Ryan with Matt katre quatrero oh boy, that's that's tough. Yeah. The Royals are. The Royals have a Manager of the Year front runner who actually is a total clown, which is quite unfortunate.
Speaker 7: What's wrong with them?
Speaker 1: He's bad, He's bad at his job. He also that's because Bobby Wit exists, sir, Like I could be Bobby WIT's manager and win a few games.
Speaker 7: He's falling asleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time the umpires call somebody out on a horrible call. He can't be bothered to get out there. I like whenever people would go out and stomp there and beck. In my day, we would stop our feet into the ground and throw our hats and give them a piece of our minds.
Speaker 2: This is very interesting.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's eleven o'clock and we're still here. Pause is what that is at Texas Tech. Sean, do you mean in season eleven premiere? Are you wrapping up last season? Are you saying this is your last season doing the pod? No, this is the Nick finale. This is the season eleven finale. I usually try to make the first episode of each season the late night recap, and I don't know if we're gonna get there at this point, but this is Nick's finale at Preston Skirsik. Who will be the sleeper in the Big twelve basketball next year? And I'll add one in, who's the sleeper in Big twelve football?
Speaker 2: Sleeper in Big twelve football? Is West Virginia State? Even set a little?
Speaker 1: Iowa State is the answer? I thing, And I know that Case State was picked to finish second, but they're gonna win the league.
Speaker 5: You Okay, State has a good chance to do so basketball don't know, no idea.
Speaker 2: It's August.
Speaker 1: Maybe Colorado being eleven despite having a potential lightning Rod at quarterback. Who knows how that's gonna work.
Speaker 5: Colorado has arguably the two best players in the conference and will go like maybe five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are, Yeah, they're they're. Uh. It will crash at some point. Big twelve basketball sleeper, it's probably. I don't want to give too much love to kse State, but Case State's a quiet top twenty five team for my money. And I say TCU every year and they never do anything. But TCU should be okay everybody but Texas because they're not here anymore and because they're Texas at cool underscorehand on to score Lucas says Nick. It's been real. Here's to you maybe advancing to second base someday. Cheers to you. I like that response at Elliott Russon a Nick, we will miss you. It was great to have you on the show and hope that you will come back from time to time to all of you. What is your favorite moment together outside of recording this show? Man and you two were at my wedding, Nick DJ my wedding that was a really good time. All the charity softball games have been fun. Uh let's let's see we we watched Uh what else have we we?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 4: Ryan doesn't like to do a lot of things, so all right, Yeah, it's hard to think of other memories.
Speaker 5: One of my favorites with Nick is when I stayed over at his apartment in Lawrence so we could go to college game day. Uh for on TV, we were on TV. Yeah, they interviewed us for a local what was it CBS. I think that was really fun, one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the crack of dawn, like before the sun even came up. You guys were on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like six.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I ran into Ryan and Alan field House once when I was a writer for Rock Chalk Blog and to meet him.
Speaker 1: That is still that is still your caller ID in my phone and we are we're babies in that picture. That's that's funny.
Speaker 2: The same amount every time you hop on the show, Nick.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah, that's how it works. That's how Nick and I met is Nick used to send us as KRCB questions. Landon and I used to work at the same fast food restaurant back in the day and you started listening to this podcast for some reason. I don't know why, and yeah, look what happened. It's pretty funny. Now Nick's like outgrown it and we can't get rid of Landon.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: Well. Landon actually told me in a pre production meeting that he's not leaving until Bill self wins back to back national championships.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, well man, Let's let's Hopehunter goes for thirty five and twelve this year.
Speaker 1: Hey, that would only get you half of it too. And the last one at Logan Knard Nick, who is your favorite all time KU player? And why?
Speaker 4: Remy Martin my actual answer, but there's really no reason why.
Speaker 3: I just like him. I liked his remergy.
Speaker 2: Viator.
Speaker 4: The vibes were immaculate, actual like favorite player of all time at kau Oh Man, that's a tough question.
Speaker 1: I think your answer is good. I think that's your answer. It's Remy Martin. That's kind of what you were known for, and you wound up really sticking with it. Like Nick is not a gambler by any stretch, but you were so comp or you were so confident and Remy Martin in Kansas that you bet on them at the beginning of that season and won a what was it sixteen to one odds to win, like eight hundred dollars. Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I put fifty one dollars. I made it combined two point six thousand dollars just on stupid k you win the title. That's I would have won more if, oh, if David McCormick would not have gotten hosed for the most valuable Player.
Speaker 1: That was so one time you do exactly, And he was so far and away the best player in the final four that year and didn't end up winning the scored.
Speaker 2: Two winning baskets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I was talking to Scott Chason at one point about that, and he said everybody had turned in their ballot with eight minutes left in the championship game when it was tied. And boy, does that seem like a stupid rule, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you not at this point have a way to vote after the game ends or after the result is inevitable and get an instant result. It's it's like, like, how we need to tally votes in this case? How was it not electronic?
Speaker 3: Well, it was probably stolen, like the election.
Speaker 2: I was going to.
Speaker 1: Just kidding, We're gonna all storm the capitol and and per day I'm storming the ap ridiculous all right, that is ASCARCB. And now we can for final our finally we can eulogize Nick for good.
Speaker 3: We get a Chaps outro.
Speaker 1: One one uh one one last time for good measure that Nick talks over the air horn. There's no better way to go out. Let's see her. Yeah, you want you want the bagpipes. And also so for those of you who don't, Okay, I got it. For those of you who don't see how we do this, Nick and Landon do not have the ability to see when I'm getting ready to push sound drops. So it is never their fault when that happens, because you guys are just guessing blind you hear the noises in your ear pieces. But because we're all recording from our own houses and recording our own garage band tracks that then I will put together. Then you guys have no idea. So right when you think it's quiet, you may get this. When you think it's quiet, you may get this.
Speaker 2: You never know, and it does many time. You suck ass.
Speaker 1: Like that may just be coming around any corner and yeah, all right, fine, Nick, you want it, Let's let's go. This is eleven minutes, by the way on this YouTube video, so we got time.
Speaker 2: It's as long as Nick has ever hoped for.
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, that is for for every Penn state joke, for every Michigan state joke, for every every joke that Nick has made. That I've had to go back and beep every single time Nick is like, guys, my boss has listened, so let's behave this year and then show three.
Speaker 4: So here, guys, Yeah, every time I walked over Landing, or every time I asked where we were in the notes after not paying attention and scrolling on the internet.
Speaker 1: Fruit, yeah, Landon will get done reading Kansas is three and two against thousand all time, and then Nick will be quiet, quiet, quiet, Oh it's my turn. Kansas is three and two against thousand.
Speaker 3: Alli.
Speaker 1: And how about every paid time.
Speaker 4: Mike will pacet a meme in the notes and try to make Ryan laugh When he's reading a monologue.
Speaker 1: He'll pull up a picture of me from like ten years ago that I'm like, how the heck did you get this? Like it's like a picture of me from my childhood. I don't know how he finds this stuff.
Speaker 5: My favorite was the edited picture of you from your work that he would just throw into anything unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and Nick is Nick is a freaking photoshop guru too, so not only can he get those pictures, but he can he can also spin it into like face warp me into el Marco Jackson like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: I mean, there is a photoshop of Landon ice my body transposed over under Landon's face under your wife's body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Landon's color idea in my phone. We talked about yours earlier. That's still And every time I post a screenshot on rock Chalk Blog from Landon, somebody, whether it's Evan Phillips or somebody's like, what in the world is going on with Landon's picture?
Speaker 3: Speaking of photoshops and On Phillips.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Another Nick story that's my favorite is at least once a year, Uh, he'll get to the end of recording this and realize that his microphone didn't work, and so then I will have to send him just landon ized clips and he will have to go back for another hour and a half and fill in the blanks like that were he talked, but that audio clip has been lost. So he has to do the each show, or at least once a year. He has to do a show twice, had to do once and it sucks, it's awful. That's the benefit of me having the master computers. I never have to do that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Another thing is that I actually won Pick Them, unlike Landing.
Speaker 1: Lots of times. Yeah, so here are next final stats. Your first show, Nick was July thirtieth, twenty seventeen, which we were stoked that Billy Preston was coming to town. That's how long ago that was. That was our one hundred and sixty sixth show, one sixty six. Now we just wrapped four sixty one, so you did basically three hundred shows in all. Nick did seven seasons, two hundred and forty four shows, and well over ninety percent since COVID, So the last four or five years you've been automatic. You are the twenty twenty three Rock chock Fulog Bracket Pool champion, and you also won Pick Them three times and split a fourth title with me, which is something that everybody here has done. I believe, right, everybody, everybody, finally everybody, and that one time we must never forget, sir, whenever you whooped like a dog for all.
Speaker 3: Of us, that was a good impression.
Speaker 1: Nick is just as Bill self would say. Nick is a stud and it has been awesome doing five? Is it six?
Speaker 2: Did we do six seasons together?
Speaker 1: We did do six seasons together? Or was it seven?
Speaker 2: It was seven?
Speaker 1: I just read that. I just read that. I'm sorry. I developed Alzheimer's in the last ten minutes. Nick did seven seasons of ITB and boy did it go fast or not?
Speaker 3: No, fifteen days we did the math. It was about fifteen days of my life.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh, I think you guys low because you only gave yourself ninety minutes per show. I think it's close to two hours and all.
Speaker 4: That doesn't include all the that does include the step forty five minutes per show where we set listening to Ryan and land in debate whether Lebron James could be six sixteen people with a dwarf.
Speaker 1: Is I think that. My favorite Nick factoid ever, is how much you hate Ask Rock Chalk Blog. That is so funny.
Speaker 4: You really do hate, like ask ARCB. I hated the questions that were always the same. Is Almarco Jackson going to be good this season is None of the questions were ever what is the deepest philosophical question you've ever thought of?
Speaker 3: None of the questions wherever.
Speaker 4: If you were on a deserted island and you can only bring two items with you, what would you bring?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Nick was amazing. Nis.
Speaker 6: It was always is Rodney Terry's glasses going to have a yet orange or black frame on them?
Speaker 1: That did happen, That did happen frequently. Yeah, Well, Nick, Nick is the one who it's kind of You're a You're kind of a victim of your own monster you created because you you were kind of what God asked arcb going, because you used to ask back when we'd only get two or three questions per show, and you would ask hilarious ones that got it going. So that's uh yeah, and Nick is typing the greatest questions asked and the answer is yes, you have to do that thing that you just typed. You cannot risk.
Speaker 5: I am moving to the most remote part of the earth and living alone from the rest of my days.
Speaker 1: But nobody would sell you a house.
Speaker 4: It is certainly it is certainly the second part that conscience wise, it is certainly the second.
Speaker 1: Part yes, but you have to and I would we can. We can discuss this if you want it's your last show. I don't think you're gonna want this.
Speaker 2: I think we are discussing it right now.
Speaker 1: Then we can leave it at that. Nick, you are not allowed to be a stranger to the show. So next year, Landon and I do have a a third co host that is coming in to replace Nick. You get to find out a little.
Speaker 2: Bit with Sam Tipples.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going for it. Okay, you're going for it. Yes, we already said yes. Ask our CB question asker and friend of the podcast for years, Cam Lipple is joining as the third host next year, which should be a lot of fun. We're looking forward to that. But the Nick sized hole that is vacant for my TP now is not going to be replaced easily at all. So Nick, there will be shows, as you know, where we have a couple of people that are struggling to make it. I am gonna reach out to you a couple of times each season and be like, hey, buddy, you do not say yes, but like you got an hour and a half whenever you're not making your your your fortunes from being a rich investment.
Speaker 4: Maker extraordinaire probably won't say us, but I.
Speaker 1: Bet you will Landon. I over under zero point five podcast, Nick is on next year over Yeah, I think it's I think you get the itch, and we'll will absolutely do that at some point.
Speaker 2: So I think you do one. I think you do at least one, but no more than two.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, there's a there's a hard limit for sure. But no. Nick will be back Landon and I will be back along with Cam next season. Next podcast probably coming out around late night in the fog. Maybe we do one before if there's actual news, I don't know, but yeah, until then, enjoy your summer because it already feels like fall outside, which is kind of weird. Nick, you're the best. Thank you for seven years of dedication to this podcast. Me and your fans alike congratulate you on a job well done, going from high school to now a full time adult in that time. And hey, we got to cover the National Championship. So I'll shut up and let you have the closing word or Land and you go ahead, and then we can let Nick close it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not too much else to add, Nick, It's been a blast. I love doing shows. With you as much as even a couple times early in the early years, I was genuinely frustrated about how you reach the same paragraph about why Baylor's bigs are too thin but maybe pretty good. Right after I did became One of my favorite parts about doing shows with you is that you're a quirky guy sometimes.
Speaker 2: But we became real friends outside.
Speaker 5: Of this, which I did not anticipate, and that's been a lot of fun as well. So we should not be strangers after the show ends, but it's been blast.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, also one more ascarcb just came in from at Kate Eden fourteen and it says, Nick, it has been real.
Speaker 2: Do you think.
Speaker 1: Kansas is now the clear favorite to win at all? Give an answer on your way out, sir, is Kansas the clear favorite to win it all?
Speaker 3: And link there is a clear favorite? And I'm gonna leave with that ambiguously.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean, I mean outside of that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, those are some nice words.
Speaker 8: I'm not actually dying, as he said the fas this is this is a podcast where I've talked spent fifteen fifteen days of my actual life talking about Bill self having his head up as butt.
Speaker 3: So I don't think I need deserve I deserve too many flowers for that. I think it's just, you know, it's been it's been great. It's been fun.
Speaker 4: You know, high school, that's back when I was deeply invested in everything KU athletics, you know, wanted to write for this blog.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you know, it's been great to.
Speaker 4: Be able to vent your frustrations about basketball into a microphone and have everyone hear it and just the you know, just been so fun doing it with you guys. Definitely super fun memories and lots of laughter, lots of fun, fun times. But like every great story, just like Hunter Dickinson's career, it's eventually gonna have to end, and you know that's that's where're right now.
Speaker 3: So no, I'm I'm grateful. This has been a fun seven years. A lot of time goes into these shows.
Speaker 4: It's especially now working full time. It's just very hard to manage. I'm kind of going to lebron route with load management. Not a complain about that though.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, it's been great. Thank the listeners.
Speaker 4: Those of you are stuck with a show for the seven years we've been on. That's I'm surprised you you're you're still alive, insane, because that's crazy to listen to us for seven years in a row. I would probably be in a mental facility after that. But but yeah, thanks thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: It's been fun. It's been a good time.
Speaker 1: That's all I can find.
Speaker 2: This is so fitting. That's all I gott. That's all I got is the deserved ending.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Nick will be back next year at some point.
Speaker 4: For now, are you sing behind the woodshed and put a gunshot to end this thing your career?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I can drag it out. I guess Yeah, here's the seven wonderful years, sir. All right, Landon, we're a two man band now at this point, I guess we better. We better clean up this house before Cam comes home and tells us to get our act in shape.
Speaker 5: Huh As If he's gonna do that, we're gonna have to organize him.
Speaker 2: There's no chance he's not gonna be the one to keep us in the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might. We might. We might be the parents in this case. Now, Like if we were parents, Am I the dad or you the dad?
Speaker 2: I think you're the dad because I think you're more likely to go off with Cam and do really dumb stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha. Even though in this case the mom in this analogy has way more chest hair than dad.
Speaker 2: That is true, which is rare, but it does happen for the great Nick Whiper.
Speaker 1: I am Ryan Lander. This is inside the.
Speaker 2: Paint for Nick Wipper. I am Nick Wipper.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all you get. All right, all right, that's that's right, and uh we'll be back by nick.
Speaker 3: H Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay,