Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Okay, just a story about how you know your life is terrible? You know I do a lot of those, don't I. There's just something about your life is horrible. You're going to die next week, You've gotten some strange disease that you'll never be able to cure.
Speaker 3: It's just part of it. That's what the show is about.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: It's already a Thursday, August fifteenth.
Speaker 3: Hello, one and all.
Speaker 2: As we move into the show, and.
Speaker 3: As always, politics are really ramping up.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna spend a couple of minutes talking about that lawsuit against Disney. Oh man, do I have Disney stories? You know, I work for Disney for a period of time. And believe me, there's a reason that call it Mausovich there it is.
Speaker 4: Why Why?
Speaker 3: Why? Because they do well?
Speaker 5: Why do you start the morning with that, with references like that? And why do you disparage one of the last bastions of wonderful entertainment.
Speaker 3: I'm not arguing that it's not wonderful entertainment, Neil.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying is that it is a well, first of all, it's a company that's probably more litigous than any other company out there, that's for starters, and that is the truth. And it's in some ways it's very good. In some ways it's very bad.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, I'll we'll do a story for you later on a wrongful death suit that has been filed against Disney. And the response that Disney has is, well, it's more lawyer's fault than Disney's fault. So anyway, as I disparage Disney, keep in mind I disparage everything and everybody notice to Magic Mountain, that's Gangland.
Speaker 3: It's good. What else can I say? Huh? I just.
Speaker 2: All right, that's fine, Hampy Capper. Everything is wonderful, Everything is great.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I've changed the show completely. Now it's all kumbaya. Let's eat bushes. You know.
Speaker 3: That's uh you know? Okay? Quick?
Speaker 2: Hello Neil, Hello, Hi Bill, Hi oh. I have to share with you, by the way, all of you. Neil, who broadcasts from the house many times and he's at home today. Behind him, yeah, I guess you have a green screen. Is that what you have behind you?
Speaker 4: Neil, for lack of a better explanation, Yes.
Speaker 3: Sir, okay.
Speaker 2: So he puts stuff up behind him, like what day is it hump day? And he puts the camel up there and today and I have not seen this. And it's a sign that says, sure happy it's Thursday. Okay, now, sure happy it's Thursday.
Speaker 3: It's a line for.
Speaker 2: Each word and the first letter is in red.
Speaker 3: Now is that an acronym for that phrase? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, sure happy it's Thursday? Okay, Mars Friday. I mean that's nothing but you and I okay, Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's fair, all right, that's fair a right. By the way, does Disney advertise on here on the station?
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 4: We do giveaways and the like.
Speaker 3: Sure, well, I know I understand that.
Speaker 2: So we do have a relationship with Disney absolutely, okay, okay. For the record, whatever I say disparaging about Disney, I take back.
Speaker 3: I sincerely apologize.
Speaker 2: I am so sorry that I said it. It is satire. It is me being over the top. You can tell me when I'm done sucking up, or do I just keep on going?
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Keep going?
Speaker 2: I'd say, Amy, Amy, who is of course a Disney freak. We have two Disney fanatics here on the show, Amy and and.
Speaker 6: What I even have a Disney shirt on today?
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 3: Have a Disney shirt.
Speaker 6: You have two things, D and D Disney's and Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, fair enough, she's wearing a D.
Speaker 4: It could be their first.
Speaker 3: Do they give you?
Speaker 2: For example, when you buy an annual pass, is there a number on it? Do you have some kind of number?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I was looking at a tattoo on your arm.
Speaker 6: I do not have any tattoos.
Speaker 2: Okay, cono. Good morning Bill, and uh, I know it's and good morning, Hi Bill. I know it's We've already started. It's only uh six.
Speaker 3: O nine and we're on our way. I'm sorry works there, I know ye.
Speaker 2: Hey. By the way, I think in many ways, I think Disney is one of the most extraordinary companies.
Speaker 3: In the world. And I mean that, uh, they.
Speaker 2: Are world leaders and several different categories. For example, do you know that companies, companies that have lines where people line up cues at the theme park?
Speaker 3: Companies all over the world come.
Speaker 2: To Disney to study how what Disney does with crowd control.
Speaker 3: They do it like nobody else. On the planet.
Speaker 5: Oh, a buddy of mine is the festival director for Coachella, and when they were starting, he went. He's also a big Disney fan. He went and sat and watched how they clean Disneyland and used that as a model.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy clean, by the way.
Speaker 2: And that's a podcast that I want to put together, and that is lawsuits against Disney, because that is fascinating stuff. Going back seriously, having looked at Disney lawsuits for a very long time, they are a world apart in good ways and bad ways. Are pioneers and the other side too.
Speaker 3: You should know.
Speaker 5: This because IP intellectual property. If you have trademarks in the light, if you don't defend them, even the smallest one, I.
Speaker 3: Know they yes, no, I know that.
Speaker 2: For example, the little childcare centers, the gual who has six kids at her home and painted Mickey on the.
Speaker 3: Wall, ceasing desist lawsuit.
Speaker 4: They have to.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh, then they can't enforce the big one.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's not true, but uh okay, it was.
Speaker 4: We used to.
Speaker 5: I used to manage all of our trademarks here at the station. Okay, you're just a Meani yeah Miami.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I lost it.
Speaker 2: I lost it against Disney is just and that's coming up at seven to twenty.
Speaker 3: You don't want to miss that.
Speaker 2: Let's do it handle on the news, everybody, and we're gonna get a little bit more optimistic possibly on the show.
Speaker 3: UT's Amy, Neil and me lead.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what goes up must come okay, life the cyclical inflation?
Speaker 3: Did he hit nine percent under Joe Biden's watch?
Speaker 2: It is now under three percent, which now we're talking about reasonable inflation, exactly where the Fed wants it to be.
Speaker 3: But the politics of it is that inflation.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump is blaming the Biden administration, saying yesterday inflation is out of control, which is not true.
Speaker 3: However, taking.
Speaker 2: Taking not so much the blame, which of course no president ever does, but taking the credit for inflation going down also doesn't work either. Actually, a president has very little to do with inflation and certainly nothing to do with the Fed.
Speaker 3: Dealing with inflation. So good news on the inflation front, very good news.
Speaker 7: Let's bring those prices down. Spinking of good news. The Biden administration has announced that it has negotiated Medicare discounts on the top ten drugs, the most expensive drugs that are used to treat blood clots, cancer, heart disease, diabetes. They are like eloquists and Jaradians that you see zerelto a lot of the names you're familiar with. They didn't say how much the individual drugs are going to cost when the discounts kick in, but say the negotiations would save Medicare itself six billion dollars when the price cuts are implemented, and they're expected to take effect not until twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gives a chance.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it takes so long to just change the price of these drugs. I mean, you're not changing manufacturing, you're not changing distribution.
Speaker 7: They got to change all the little stickers on all the little bottles they have the price on them.
Speaker 2: Well how about some news. So you sell those out and they put new ones on. Notice in that list is not Sialis or viagra.
Speaker 7: You know is that?
Speaker 6: Well can't you get viagra for like really cheap already anymore?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah you can.
Speaker 2: And then people figured out that, you know, it's very hard to stoop in two bathtubs sitting outside in an open field.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: Commercial, I know, we just avoid they're sex for you.
Speaker 2: You ever had sex in a bathtub where the other person is in another bathtub right next to you?
Speaker 3: I haven't. I tried. I negotiated it, but it was just too expensive.
Speaker 5: Manush thought it was Manusha, but it wasn't. Columbia President Manus Chafinque steps down months after protests over Israel Hamas war gripped the campus. She said in a letter, this period has taken a considerable toll on my family, as it has for others in our community. And she said over the summer, I've been able to reflect and have decided that my moving on at this point would be best, would best enable Columbia to traverse the challenges.
Speaker 2: So here is the question. She is over the summer, she's been able to reflect. Now I don't know exactly what she said. I don't know. She's part of the group that wouldn't condemn the statement that the Israelis are committing genocide.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she did.
Speaker 2: And therefore, and when she was asked, she goes, it depends on the context. You can in some cases you can say genocide is okay.
Speaker 3: Huh. So now that's coming down.
Speaker 2: One of the things about about what's going on with the protests, and the protests are overwhelming, and they are the country, and there's a lot of anti Semitism out there. But you know, the entire concept that Jews are ever powerful and they control a lot of the media, and they are a group of people that have a lot more power than their population.
Speaker 3: You know that myth.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely true.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 6: Bring it on.
Speaker 7: Minnesota Governor Tim Waalds said yesterday he has agreed to participate in a vice presidential debate on CBS News.
Speaker 6: On October first.
Speaker 7: CBS News posted its invitation to Wals and jd Vance yesterday. Walls responded and said see October first, JD jd Vance hasn't committed to it yet. He actually said he thinks that they should do more than one debate. He wants to look them over, make sure that everything's good to go, and he fully expects to accept the invitation.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have to negotiate the terms.
Speaker 2: I think much like you know Trump, but I didn't want a debate unless he was in front of a Fox audience and only on Fox.
Speaker 3: And then he.
Speaker 2: Backed down on that, as he should have, because you don't want audiences at all anymore in these debates because they're too biased and the moderators can't control them and they burst in applause, and the moderators won't turn around, say the next person that interferes, interrupts, you get tossed from the auditorium. They would never do that, And so I kind of like the idea. I think he has to come to the table. But there's a legitimate for him to say, I got to look at the rules first. Here's what Mikell's the problem with that?
Speaker 7: About the both debates, the Democrats are saying, oh, well, if they show up.
Speaker 6: They keep saying that, of course they're going to show.
Speaker 3: Up, Yes they are, especially when one has agreed to the rule.
Speaker 2: Oh a little bit of politicking, Just a little bit of politicking that both sides are just coming up with stuff that is number one, ridiculous or slanted or just straight out lies.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, I think Waltz is going to clean Vance's clock on this.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Forget about the issues. Okay, I mean everybody's baked into the issues. Here is the reason. Walts is folksy. He is he can next with people.
Speaker 3: He's just likable.
Speaker 2: People just like this guy, and likability is a very big deal. I think Vance is super smart. I think he's gonna be able to produce his positions. Is he gonna lie? Of course he's gonna lie. Is Walt's gonna lie? Yeah, probably too, or at least spin.
Speaker 5: Vance was incredibly likable until he went on the ticket with Trumph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really he was.
Speaker 2: He was anti Trump before he went on the ticket with Trump.
Speaker 3: Well it's not true. He became a Trump is earlier than that, but it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now the problem is he And the other issue is is that the way it's going to come off is that he is going to have to pair it everything.
Speaker 3: That Trump says, and it's going to be obvious.
Speaker 2: Waltz is going to pair it everything that that Kamala Harris says, but he's gonna do it in a way that it doesn't sound like it's parroting.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to be the issue.
Speaker 2: I think Wallace is going to come off the winner on this, just guessing the way.
Speaker 4: Sarah Palin was pretty folksy.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, but then she went right into completely came off as illiterate, came off, and when when she signed her name with an X, that was very, very troubling for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: When she was trading pelts.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh man, all right, you know, I hate that this is getting varied. I heard Amy talk about this, and the Biden administration should be applauded for this. The White House on Monday outlined this new initiative that intends to make it easier for customers, you and me to cancel subscriptions, to get refunds, to resolve customer service complaints. And this is all part of the Biden administration's earlier crackdown on so called junk fees and the like and these doom loop phone services and all of this garbage and this. I think this is huge. I don't know why this doesn't get more play. I think this is for the people. Yeah, and we all just sucks that it gets over shadowed.
Speaker 3: We all suffer from this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I was trying to cancel a phone bill because you know, I moved out of the Persian Palace and there was still a phone line that I was paying for, and so.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get phone lines in there.
Speaker 2: No, no, I think we had three, but that's it for different purposes. In any case, and we had lines. Of course, now no one has a phone line. But matter of fact, Neil, you're the first person I know that gave up a landline for your cell phone and said.
Speaker 3: I only have a cell phone.
Speaker 2: First person I know did that In any case, I was on the I was I was trying to get to AT and T yesterday on the phone. I went through so many menus it just completely killed me.
Speaker 3: I just hung up. I couldn't take it. I mean, after my fifth level of menus.
Speaker 6: It's called the doom loop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 7: Yes, so they haven't they haven't passed the rule that will end the doom yet they.
Speaker 3: Have to.
Speaker 2: In any corporate any corporate head that doesn't do this ought to do five to ten.
Speaker 3: You know, let's get serious about this.
Speaker 5: Listening to Amy talk about this and wake up call this morning, you can't help but say, if it's this easy to sign up, it should be that easy to unsubscribe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the other thing. Try to call the cancelation department. Once you you're in that, you're in that doom loop. And you go and finally, what do you want to do you know for sales? Do you know dial one for repair, two for cancelations?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Okay, just press three. I did that twenty minutes later. Okay, I'm still and I still haven't talked to anybody yet. I finally got through a representative. Now press one for sales and see how quickly you get through.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Right there, Hi at, thank you for calling. What can I do for you? Oh you want to add a service?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 2: And then the other side, Are you sure what you want to leave? I'm not exaggerating. Are you sure you want to leave? Why do you want to leave? What can we do to keep you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: My family was just hacked to death and we don't need a phone anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh say I'm dying?
Speaker 3: That works too, all right?
Speaker 7: Well, illegal immigrants may be retiring in the US with a little help from their home country. Many older undocumented immigrants may soon get retirement help from Mexico for the first time. The government of Mexico says it might expand retirement assistance to all its citizens living in the US. Could happen as soon as next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah's and that's a double edged sword. Number one. Most of the money that people earn.
Speaker 2: Here the illegal immigrants, goes back to Mexico. The majority the money goes back to help family members, so the money goes back to the economy of Mexico. However, the money that they earn in Mexico goes into whatever federal plan they have, pension plans, so it's their version of Social Security, and that money is not going in because the money is earned here.
Speaker 3: So I would argue on both sides that each side has.
Speaker 2: As a point here, Amy, you have a coin, no, okay, then we don't have to decide.
Speaker 6: I really don't have a coin.
Speaker 4: Well, we know where you work.
Speaker 3: I don't have a coin on me. I don't even have pants on me.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Authority is investigating the Brazilian plane crash, you remember that killed sixty two all the sixty two on board last week? Have the black box have the full transcription of the black box, but it didn't immediately explain what caused the accident. They just know that about a minute before, the pilot and co pilot noticed a steep loss in altitude and at one point the co pilot said to the pilot, Hey, we need more power to be stabilized Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now that just is the voice recorder that they heard, as far as the data recorder that has not been released yet. What happened, you know, when was the power cut off, whether they do with the alerons, what were the sensors doing.
Speaker 3: So, I think we're gonna get a lot more information they over the next few days, a few weeks.
Speaker 4: What that thing just dropped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just dropped in and just started spiraling in. It was in a tall spiral.
Speaker 6: It did look like a toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did star Yeah, it really did. It's very was very sort.
Speaker 2: By the way, the black boxes, you know, are not black. They are screaming almost a neon.
Speaker 6: Orange probably smart.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, whenever you get on an airplane and they put you at a front at the front, keep in mind that the black boxes that they want to survive are always at.
Speaker 3: The back of the airplane. Okay, pointing that.
Speaker 7: Out here is some spending that is not flying with a lot of people. The twenty twenty eight Summer Olympic Games, as you know, coming to Los Angeles, and Los Angeles is preparing. They're spending five hundred thousand dollars from the General Funds Capital Improvement Fund for Olympic flags?
Speaker 2: All right, So I have a question. Olympic flag at city hall? Okay, I'll buy that Olympic flag at the venues, the swim stadiums, the coliseum.
Speaker 3: So far.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe that's another dozen, right, maybe another twenty. Let's say, so that's twenty one flags. Twenty one flags at thirty bucks apiece? What is that figure? It's got five hundred thousand, I'll tell you that. So where do you spend five hundred thousand dollars for flags? Amy has a very good question.
Speaker 5: Wow, you know I have a little promotional company that I make items.
Speaker 4: Maybe I can make those flags.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and the city controller went on x and said, we're suffering from a budget crisis. Why are we spending this on this? And then of course social media lit up with it. People aren't very happy about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't know where they do the math unless they're literally doing one hundred thousand flags.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well it's not one hundred thousand, you know.
Speaker 6: So you get a bulk discount.
Speaker 2: You get yeah, especially if you buy him from China.
Speaker 3: Chine at the bottom. Neil can't hear you.
Speaker 5: Your mic is off, Sorry, Buddy Mars, makers of M and M's, Snickers, Bars and of course bars. They've agreed to buy Kelenova in a deal that values the maker of cheese It and Pringles at almost twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Billion with a B dollars. That's a lot of snacks.
Speaker 2: Did you even know that Kelenova owned all of these brands?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I know what.
Speaker 5: I can't place Kelenova, like the logo or anything. The name is vaguely familiar, but no, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Because when they buy, they buy brand names and they keep the brand names. So Kelenova probably got clearly a holding company of some kind, and the names are not going You're not going to see Mars bars be Kelenova Bars, or.
Speaker 3: Pringles become Kelenova Ingles.
Speaker 4: But Kelenova.
Speaker 5: Kelenova also makes pop tarts okay at morning Stars kell a tarts.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking there's going to be a new kind of checks mix like that sweet and savory.
Speaker 3: Oh I do you like that? I do like that.
Speaker 4: I'm Cheese Farms.
Speaker 5: If you've ever had their vegan breakfast sausages are actually quite good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The cheese it's cheese its.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like those pringles. You know how many flavors. Pringles are there. You know, I'm looking for smoked mackerel pringles and that may be the only one that's not out there.
Speaker 5: You know what, if you travel, trust me, you'll come across the smoked mackerel pringles somewhere. I always check out when we travel. Yeah, pringles worldly all the different flavors.
Speaker 4: I know, foods here.
Speaker 2: Pringles is so ubiquitous, and I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 3: Here. You can go into and I've done.
Speaker 2: This many many years ago, go into the depths of the Amazon jungle where you see these little villages of three hundred indigenous people where they have one little like a badega where they have a counter and they sell I don't know, like rat carcasses or whatever they sell to each other.
Speaker 3: There. Pringles are for sale.
Speaker 4: Oh there's like Coca cola.
Speaker 5: I can't remember where we were, if it was Nika, Nicaaua, or if we were in Peru or something, but there was one time there was this little merchant outside and I pointed to a bottle. I was thirsty and I said, hey, can I can I get some gatorade? And the guy looked at me and I'm like pointing to it gatorade, And then he paused and he goes, are.
Speaker 3: They And I'm like, God, are they?
Speaker 5: I guess that, Oh yeah, sure, gatorade?
Speaker 4: Are they? Okay? You got it?
Speaker 6: Okay, MOOKI don't like spooky ooh.
Speaker 7: Mookie Bets, very good star baseball player with the Dodgers, is with the team in Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: They're playing the Brewers.
Speaker 7: In fact, they're playing at eleven ten this morning, and he is not staying with the team because the state the team is staying at the Fister Hotel. It was built in the eighteen nineties. It's long been rumored to be haunted. So Mookie saying yeah, not so much, thinks I'm staying at an airbnb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's not completely crazy because a bunch of other Dodgers and ball players that done the same thing, and stories of clothes being left and tables.
Speaker 3: Being moved and wo yeah.
Speaker 2: And they just come from the haunted mansion and it's all PTSD from that ride, that's all.
Speaker 4: There's no windows or doors.
Speaker 5: Isn't this just a way for them to get their own Airbnb?
Speaker 2: I think they pay I would guess they'd have to pay for it their own I don't know, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Yesterday the World Health Organization declared the ongoing mpox outbreak in Africa is now a global health emergency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to talk to Jim. Talk to Jim about that.
Speaker 2: What he thinks of the Who, one of the greatest bands ever, and we are going to talk about Impos or Monkey Pocks. Does he respect the WHO, I mean the World Health Organization or the.
Speaker 4: Band the World Health Organization?
Speaker 3: I think he does. It's a good question.
Speaker 4: Implied like maybe he didn't.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a good question. I think he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jim is very much a traditionalist when it comes to medicine. He's uh, I mean he's into FDA guidelines. I mean he does do that. So that's we'll do that at seven thirty with Jim.
Speaker 6: As mister Rourke would say, Welcome to North Korea.
Speaker 4: North Korea tells everybody.
Speaker 7: North Korea is set to reopen limited international tourism by the end of this year. A couple of tour groups, one based in Beijing and another one based in Chinyang, say that they will allow visitors into the mountainous city of Samajeon.
Speaker 6: Which is supposed to be the birthplace of North Korean leader Kim Jong un No ill grandfather. Oh yeah, Kim Jong ils sorry, and then they're going to open that up first, yes.
Speaker 3: His dad, I think, yeah, okay, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sorry I said it wrong in the first place.
Speaker 7: And they said they're probably going to open Pyongyang and other places up after that. And just a note, most US passports are not valid. You have to get special permission to travel there, and the US government has designated North Korea as a Level four do not travel risk.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 2: There's two places on this planet right now that I would question anybody going to.
Speaker 3: One is North Korea. The other one is Russia, because we am in the Russia story. Of course, some American getting.
Speaker 2: Arrested South Sudan, maybe South Yemen may be in the hands of ISIS terrorists, But I think you're better off there than you are in Russia or North Korea.
Speaker 5: The cool thing is Dennis Rodman is going to be giving the tours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves it. King Gim Chongwan loves Dennis Rodman. I mean they are great friends.
Speaker 4: All right. So Jenna Rolands is dead. What a weird story.
Speaker 5: Award winning actress Jenna Rolands, who's you know, we know her from A Woman under Influence, Gloria and of course The Notebook where.
Speaker 6: She's ugly cry movie of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know I get mocked because I cry in that too. I think my wife looked at me, like, what the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: But anyway, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It is ironic.
Speaker 4: She played one of her she dies of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she she and she plays someone who dies or has dementia.
Speaker 3: It's very ironic. By the way, you guys cried at the movie. I laughed. But that's the size the point.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a very it's very sweet.
Speaker 3: It actually is. It actually is James Gardner, right, isn't he the lead? Also?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And and the other thing is that she played the movie or she played the role and said it was one of the toughest that she ever played because her mother had all time. So going through that and then to find out that she also did it, got it and then has been suffering from it for like five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and her son wore years young statement.
Speaker 2: Her son says, And we rarely see this for the last five years she's had Alzheimer's, all right, I mean that we hear but then he adds, she's in full dementia. And I don't know if you've ever seen anybody in full dementia, it is It is tough to see. My mom had full dementia by the time she was gone, but then she as I showed up, she wanted to have full dementia because she didn't want to be reminded that I'm her son.
Speaker 3: We refer to.
Speaker 4: You as a functioning dementia patient. Work. You can still work.
Speaker 5: One day, Amy and Ann and Cono and I are going to be reading to you out of the transcripts of your show, and we're going to be it. And then you told the sweetest fart joke here, and we just all laughed, and you'll laugh and then you'll go, who are you?
Speaker 4: It'll be it'll be like the notebook, It'll coming up.
Speaker 2: It's a nice way to end the news hour. Very very I like that, you know, sweet to the point. KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.