Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew mcintylor, and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody wants me sixteen.
Speaker 3: So I just up your ass is mind, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to acknowledge me?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody, and welcome to another main event review.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: We're going to be breaking down the raw post Backlash as well as the two main event matches that occurred on last week's episode. So probably not much updates from me other than that. I guess. It's a sad announcement that we got with the death of Sabu. I personally didn't know much about him. I heard much about his like ECW runs and whatnot, but it I did see that he was wrestling the week before he passed, so that's extremely sad. And they did mention this on on on the episodes before the show aired on SmackDown and Main Events. So a very sad loss a big figure from the research I've done in the wrestling community.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 2: Very devastating for those that are obviously were close to him and those that were big fans of him in the time. But yeah, again, we do have the main event show to review, So most of the stuff that did occur was off Cross Raw and then the two matches. So starting with the two matches, we had the first with Tyler Bate taking on Carrying Cross, who once again continues to get a massive pop and a massive buzz on social media and also on Main Event as well, so those that are not seeing him on the main shows, he is on Main Event. If you are keen to see Carrion Cross, check out Main Event if this's your first time listening. But he goes on a match with Tyler Bait which was pretty much one side of the whole time the way kind of these matches goes. Obviously, Carrying Across is the powerhouse here, Tyler Bait getting control of the match for most of the stage, and then it pretty much took two or three moves for Carrying Cross to get the victory here, and he didn't get it with the final prayer. He got it with an elbow to the back of the head, which looked really lethal and something that I'd like to see more often. I think a one strike finish for Carrying Cross instead of a move set is fitting for the character that he's trying to build here, and massive fan of his entrance. I like the way he implements scarlet into it, and the transition between black and black or black and white to color was pretty awesome, and you can just see that you know, he's built for the moment. We obviously have spoke countless occasions on that viral moment that happened post WrestleMania, and everyone is keen to see.
Speaker 3: Carrying Cross get pushed.
Speaker 2: And I look at Money in the Bank and I just think, if they are not put him in the match, it's going to be uproar from the crowd. So I expect to see Carrying Cross in the Money in the Bank match. I don't expect him to win it. That would be extremely surprising, and that would be great if he did. But I definitely think that he has the right to be injected into that Money in the Bank match. It makes complete sense. Obviously, a multi team match allows him to showcase his ability on a PRL and give him credit for all the hard work he's doing. I take it as you want. He put out a viral moment post WrestleMania. His merch is like number one in selling at the moment, and as I've mentioned again, he fits the par as a perfect villain, a wrestler, and someone that is the meaning is a great character. He's great on the mic, and I think he'll be able to do really big things. I think he's built for the moment. You can see it on main event with the pops that he's getting. You can even feel it, Like I watch the main events and you can just tell when superstars are too good or too big for the show, and Karen Cross is definitely a prime example of that. So definitely want to see him in the money in the Bank match. I'm not sure if the next episode of Raw will have a qualifier with him involved, but if we see him in a triple threat match to qualify, let's just hope he wins, and let's hope that they make the right decision and put him in the match, and that can hopefully get the wheels going on this carrying Cross push that we're all so very expecting and so we so deserve and he deserves as well. So yeah, we'll keep that in the back of our heads. As for Tyler Bait again, I think he needs to do something with Pete done. It doesn't see that Pete Don's again made an appearance to help him out, support him in any in any way or aspects. So Tyler Bay did a good job here in putting crossover, but again, he hasn't really done much since his return, just been on the Main Event shows, and I do expect to see something for him, whether it's the new Catch Republic still remaining a tag team. I don't really want that, but at least it's something I guess. But yeah, nothing really much for Tolerbate here. He might just have another match next week, and then we get into a bunch of replays. So Main Event loves to just recap on all episodes, so I don't really mention them much, but I'm gonna do it anyway. For this episode, basically, the match got recapped between Seth Rollins and jay Us before the interferences that occurred, and then we had a little backstage promo with Rox Sanperez and Julia. And I'm not a big NXT guy, so I was quite surprised when I saw Julia speaking Japanese. It turns out she is fully from They're born in London, but her promo was in Japanese and I found that pretty cool. I know a lot about Rox san Perez obviously making appearances on Rwin's Backdown, but didn't know all that about Julia. Like mad, I don't really have time to watch an XT.
Speaker 3: And really see it.
Speaker 2: But it's something that I feel while doing this podcast episodes and main event reviews that I should probably look.
Speaker 3: Into in the future.
Speaker 2: But again, that just that was quite astounding, and that was really really really cool and impressed if that as well, the way that that video promo went out. I think, yeah, as we lead up to the main event, there's a lot I've got to say about those two and the women's division in NXT and how that's going to transcend on the main roster as well. Though we did get as mentioned, the backlash and the and the replay from the flashback from the match between Seth Rolens and j So we got Sampunk making his way to the ring with a massive ovation uh. He pointed up to the sky like Sabu did, so that was a good touch, and he basically mentioned that he was pissed off while all the things were happening at WrestleMania and basically said that he is the most pissed off at himself out of all people. He obviously mentioned that this is in the first time that Paul Wayman stabbed him in the back, so if he's been full twice, it essentially is basically his blame. He does mention that Jay Uso warned him about Paul Hayman and makes some pretty fun remarks calling Paul Hayman a fat little snake, and then mentioning Seth Rowlins as a team. You see him Punk as well, which was which was really good. It was a pretty effective promo. It was great how basically Siam Punk was pretty much throwing some real, like lethal kind of dis is at him and and Paul Hayman's the right person to take those like. He's very brutal on the MIC as well, so it's just great how they can kind of just exchange words on the MIC.
Speaker 3: He does show up and basically.
Speaker 2: Said came in, and Punk basically said whatever words he chooses, they will be his last. And then Seth Rowlins and bron Breaker came out. Basically Rolands basically mentioned that he put Hayman's life through hell. He basically told Punk that he was scum and and believed that like some Seth Rowlins wasn't the world champion or Siampunk wasn't the world champion because of him, and basically said he'll never be the World heavyweight championship as long as Yeah Punk is on two feet or Seth Rowlins is around. But basically he wondered if Punk loved being on the wrong side of history. He claimed that he likes to play victim and basically while he wanted he was mentioning all this the fans were marking for bron Breaker and said that he could arrange basically Punk to get cleaned up. And as he got into the ring, there was an attack obviously got overpowered by bron and also Seth Rowlins interjecting, and then Samusein comes out to help out the fight, but then they both get a hold of both of them, and then that led to to jay Uso coming out too, which was pretty effective. I guess that obviously led up to what's going to be happening at Saturday Night's main event, and that's going to be Seth Rowlans. I mean, Seth Rolins and bron Breaker are taking on Sampunk and Samuzin, where I expect that Samusein is.
Speaker 3: Going to be the four guy. He had taking the four to bron.
Speaker 2: Breaker and Seth Rowlans wouldn't make sense for them to lose their first match together. But we did see Seth Rolins backstage basically encouraging bron Breaker to do something and that led to him attacking jay Uso later on, which was quite interesting. That led to a match with them over the next stages. But yeah, I think, as I mentioned, with Seth Rolans and bron Breaker, just does seem that they're just putting bron Breaker back a little bit, which is okay, but I just don't want it to go to a point where bron Breakers literally just Seth Rowlans' dog is obviously much more than that, and if they do that too early, I will find that.
Speaker 3: This group won't last too long.
Speaker 2: I think the early stages have got to be that bron Breaker has a voice, shows a lot of power and is maybe not even with Seth Rowlans in terms of the status, but just underneath to a point. Then then we eventually see Seth Rowlands using bron Breaker as his dog, everyone gets frustrated with him, and then we see the eventual turn. I can really see Brondbreaker winning the Royal Rumble next year with seth Rollins as the World Heavyweight Champion, and basically the same thing that happened with Triple H and Battista back in like two thousand and six. I think when he gave the infamous thumbs up then thumbs down and chose to stay on Raw and they fought for the title at WrestleMania, I think that might lead to something there similar.
Speaker 3: It would be great.
Speaker 2: I know people don't like when content gets resurfaced from old times, but it would be such a good flush in the pan moment to see that kind of happen again, just to live back the original moment and also to kind of have a modern spin on it too. So yeah, we'll have to see what happens there. And I think with Samuzain there is going to be an eventual hell turn.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think for other sake of jay Us Show's run, I think a feud with Samuzain would make the most sense. Carrying Cross has obviously spoken into him, so based on the track Rockcord, everyone that has spoken to Carrying Cross or been influenced by him has ended up turning heel. So maybe we'll see that with Samy's Ain. But again we'll have to find that what happens there, because besides obviously he's filling in for Roman Rainsho's part time, but besides that, the there isn't really much for him on the storyline. I think he's here to pretty much take the fall, and eventually we might have to see this run back with Roman Reigns getting involved and having that eventual tag team match again repeated. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see what happens hum there. Obviously, main event is a couple of weeks away, so the actions and the things that are going to happen on RAW will probably kind of give us more answers there. Then we move on to guns coming out, well, j you're still coming out, and then guns coming out again basically mentioning that the unimaginable came true.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 2: I guess he underestimated Jay, but basically he said that a month from now, the money in the bank, I'm pretty sure, or actually I think.
Speaker 3: It's that.
Speaker 2: One of the other pls, but anyways, I think June nine, Phoenix, Arizona. So what's that is that that's not money in the bank. There'll be something else, but they're going to be challenging each other for the title, whether it's going to be ja Uso or Logan Pool, but most likely it's going to be ja Uso maintaining against Logan Pool at main event.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that Gunta.
Speaker 2: Has penciled in that June nine from Phoenix, so I'm going to check what that actually is. I'm just writing the laptop. Sorry for this, but i want to know what that is, like ww, okay, so it's a raw.
Speaker 3: It's just a raw.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they're going to have.
Speaker 3: A match between each other and raw.
Speaker 2: If anyone can tell me the significance of that, that would be great, because I just the way that the promo was done, it made it act like there was going to be like it was going to be at Money in the Bank, it was going to be at a pr But it seems as though it's going to be the night after Money in the Bank or just a random raw.
Speaker 3: Which is quite quite interesting.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it doesn't really make sense, but well that makes me feel that that Jayus is going to retain the title even more now or maybe there might be a cash in there.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 2: We'll have to we'll have to see, we'll have to see what happens there, that's going to be pretty interesting. But again Gunsa does call that Juso, so guns is not done with this feud, and after beating Pat McAfee senselessly, it does make sense that the next step would be for him to go for the title. And yeah, again I don't see Logan Paul beating j Uso there. I think this is just a simple filler match that's gonna pass very quickly in j USO's title run. We then go back to the flashbacks of Johnson around the udience, so we know what happened there with Johnson.
Speaker 3: A retaining title money.
Speaker 2: Again, Main Event likes to resurface stuff that's happened in previous shows. We then get the match back on main Event with the LWO of cuzdal Too and Walking while taking on Atown down Under. Atown don do get the victory here, which.
Speaker 3: Means that like the LW are pretty much useless. They just hear the take losses.
Speaker 2: But it didn't really do anything in terms of the tag team between a Town down Under getting better. They didn't improve their kind of relationship. It's still very rocky, with Grayce and Waller pretty much taking all the credit and living off kind of Austin series like Falls and Spots where he pretty much gets beat up by the opponent and then he comes in and slides in. So it's making Grayson Waller look strong and Austin Theory look very weak, which is what is the issue with this kind of tag team since even now it's been a year, but Austin Theory is starting to obviously show that he's frustrated as he walked out of the of the of the ring and into into the backstage without without Grays and Waller. So I think again, these two just break up already, like honestly, like it's been a year now, I'm just waiting for that to happen. It'll it'll make Austin Theory his runs look a little bit better. There might be some more plans for him. He might go over and a face A face turn might be something that could be good for him. So yeah, just break up because we're all like sick and tired of it. Like again, I love Grayson Waller, Aussie icon, Fello Australian, but he's simply here to put Austin Theory over eventually because he's much older than him and this tag team is really not going anywhere, so yeah, let's get that done. We could see like another wildcaft. It won't happen, but like imagine we could see like Austin Theory getting into the money in the bank match and then like beating Grays and Waller in the triple threat and then Grayson and Waller getting jealous and costing him.
Speaker 3: That could be like.
Speaker 2: An interesting turn there, but I think Rawle's got so many superstars they're not going to put a spot for these two anytime soon. Anyways, we do get to the main event of the show, and that is the women's tag team match between e Skyrie Ripley taking on Julia and rox San Perez, with obviously Ria Ripley and Eoskuy getting the victory here. Basically, this whole feud and promo was pretty much to put Roxane Perez and Julia over and basically say that the Netflix, I mean not the Netflix. The NXT women's division is ramping up and they're ready for the main roster. We know that's confirmed as Julia did sign for SmackDown in the latest episode.
Speaker 3: So Julia is going to be moving there.
Speaker 2: I think Roxan Perez may stay on Raw from what it looks look to be. But there hasn't been any confirmations on her signing. But I like to think that she has moved to the main roster. So no draft. I don't know if there's a draft this year. They haven't confirmed the draft. It might just be a signing thing now from now on.
Speaker 3: So we'll have.
Speaker 2: To look and see if there is going to be a ww draft, But there hasn't been any plans. Actually twenty fifth of May might be. But yeah, no announcements that I've seen, but we'll have to wait and see. Rox and Prez will probably sign for RAW. But again, that was just simply a showcase for those two. Put them over, get kind of the crowd into them, if those that are not being NXT fans like myself are to really see how how good they are. And I suppose that Stephanie Viquere is going to come up next potentially, but for now, ROX and Perez and Julia there and Rox and Prez is only twenty three years old, so she's looking like she's going to have a super super long career in WWE. And it's exciting because the stuff she's doing is simply incredible At the moment. Her heel works great, her in wing is great, so is Julia's. Don't get me wrong, I think she's amazing too, But just looking at her age being only twenty three, is just simply crazy that she's going to be on the main roster already and be therefore be there for a very long time for Guy. As for real Ripley, that obviously sets up and as we see it at the end with Eskuy holding rear Ripley's hand with the title in between them, that rear Ripley is gunning for that title and they're going to be having their program.
Speaker 3: As well, and they'll be really good.
Speaker 2: There was plans before obviously what happened with WrestleMania for those two to take on each other, but it was good that Biancobellia got injected in. It made the feud a bit more personal between Ria.
Speaker 3: And having that element.
Speaker 2: But now Eskuy and re Ripley one on one in a match for the title is what we're looking at at the moment, and that's going to be an exciting watch too. But that pretty much wraps the show again. Thank you guys for for tuning into this week's episode. There wasn't really too much. I don't think anything that really changed the movement of storylines in on the main shows. The one big thing for main eventage just seeing Carrying Cross getting victories, and that's that's huge.
Speaker 3: We want to see that.
Speaker 2: We want to see Carrying Cross push for the stars and like the short them to is to see him in the money in the bank.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan of Karen Cross.
Speaker 2: I love what he's doing, and I just hope that WWD do the right thing by everyone and by himself and give him the push. So I'll catch you guys on next week's episode and take care as well. Hope you guys have a lovely rest of the week.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.