Speaker 1: Brasians back with the Dodgers. Ryan Brazier officially activated. Thanks a lot for the time appreciated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, happy to be back.
Speaker 1: I know you were yesterday. Man, you were ready to go yesterday.
Speaker 2: It felt like I got out to the bullpen before the game. I'm been chomping at the bit to get back, for sure.
Speaker 1: What's this process been like for you? Obviously been through it before, but I'm sure it's never fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it was long.
Speaker 3: You know, I did the same thing in twenty one, and right before I was about to get activated, I.
Speaker 2: Got hit in the head with a line drive.
Speaker 3: And then this year, you know, I was on my way back and about to start throwing lobby p's and stuff and had a little setback with the calf.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: I think I had enough, you know, outings in Triple A to to get my stuff, you know, kind of where I want it and hopefully get in there soon and help for a win.
Speaker 1: So I guess you've made the adjustment. You're only squatting now four hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't been doing a whole lot of squatting lately, but no, I've been able to get back to pretty much, you know, normal routine, you know, working out, you know, running stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So feeling good.
Speaker 1: I guess the silver lining in all this, it's not your arms. So I'm sure you're able to refine your pitches, get the feel for your pitches and be ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, you know, and and and especially you know early on I got to throw, and even when I heard it again, I got to keep throwing. So you know, my arm's been you know, pretty much the only.
Speaker 2: Thing that I've been able to you know.
Speaker 3: Use and do you know, throwing and stuff the last three months. But yeah, you know, my my outings in Triple A, everything got a little better, you know, the more I threw, so you know, hopefully, hopefully it'll all be there.
Speaker 1: Ryan Brazier is back. He's activated for tonight's game. Ryan, You've been around this game for a long time, but being out and watching the team from the outside, do you kind of have a better perspective on what is needed and how the team's heartbeat is right now?
Speaker 2: That's a tough question.
Speaker 3: You know, watching on TV, you kind of see things you don't see, you know, at the field, and you know, I almost feel like you know, you go through it. You know, wins and losses are tougher or or you know, I get more excited, you know than being here like every day. But you know, I'm definitely looking forward to being back every day and being around everybody.
Speaker 1: Your locker made here in Saint Louis is Alex Vesia and Michael Kopak. Here comes Vesia right on cue. How much have you been living and dying with all your bullpen buddies?
Speaker 2: Oh the whole time?
Speaker 3: You know, every game that that you watch, you know, you know, kind of just like in the bullpen. You know, as soon as the bullpen gets in the game, everybody kind of locks in and turns on a switch where you know, if you're next, you know, you got to get ready to go. But you know, it's kind of hard not to do that, you know, or even watching on TV, you know, and especially if you know, we give up some runs or the lead, or you know, whatever the case is, or if we you know, make some big pitches to get out of an inning. It just you know, it's a little different than actually being here.
Speaker 1: When you're watching the game on TV. Do you watch an inning six seventh and think that's my spot right there. Those are my hitters.
Speaker 3: No, not really, you know, I think I think even last year, you know, Doc you know, puts guys in and just about every situation. So you know, I think everybody here, you know, has the atend of pitching in close games, you know, regardless of winning or losing, and sometimes obviously you don't get to, you know, pick when you go in, and especially with the bullpen like ours, where like I said, everybody gets like leverage situations, you.
Speaker 2: Know, depending on the day. But no, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I if I could, just because you know, I feel like everybody's kind of the same.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, maybe you got the sweats on your couch.
Speaker 2: No, I get I.
Speaker 3: Do get the sweats, but only only because i'm you know, getting trying to get these guys through their ending.
Speaker 2: Since I'm not here.
Speaker 1: How well do you know, Michael Kopek obviously you played a lot of years, face Kevin Kiermeyer, a lot of years. They've talked about how their careers have been rejuvenated being on the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've obviously can tell you first hand from last year. You know, they do stuff different here and played against Cope a lot, and obviously kier Mayer being in the same division for you know, all the years I was in Boston. But yeah, you know, I think I think guys want to come here because they see people come here and you know, even if they're having success, you know, have more success. So I think that that this is a place for everybody wants to come.
Speaker 1: What is the reason for that? Is it, Connor McGinnis? Is it just the whole system? Can you put your finger on why?
Speaker 2: Man? Culture?
Speaker 3: Honestly, you know, and and I think it starts at the top, but uh no, I don't. I don't know that you can put a finger on just one person, because you know, we have a huge training staff, huge coaching staff, you know, having kids around and keeping it you know, keeping it easy and here all the time, and I just you know, and obviously winning helps all that, but I think it's more of a culture thing.
Speaker 1: Mookie said the only silver landing of being out for six weeks was he got to spend time with his family that he never had the opportunity to do before. Did you have that same experience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they were.
Speaker 3: They were kind of on and off with me the last like three months and then the last month and a half they were pretty much with me the whole time, whether was all of them or like my son went with me to I'll Passo when we were there, and yeah, you know, you got to take the good when you can get it, especially you know, during a bad situation and not being able to play.
Speaker 2: But but now I'm here and ready to get going.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Everybody's excited. Ryan Brazier is out of the Arizona Desert and here in Saint Louis. Thanks a lot for the time and great to see you smile again.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys,