Speaker 1: Oh, hit It, hit It, hit it. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, Pee's ride right, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's kill maybe tat Tuesday edition. Wakey, Wakey, hands off, Snaky, Big show for you today, Big Show. Abby going for win number three, fresh out of bed Head to head challenge. She's picking up a lot of fans along the way. People like her play, I like her. Let's see if she can keep this thing rolling. She's going for win number three at around six twenty this morning. Rod Ryan shown twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelve, Carbark Brewer. You want to be in there. You gotta win your way in homeroom. You're getting those on the fun Fact Flashback. I've got pit tickets to Falling in Reverse Friday Night, Woodland's Pavilion seven, twenty Suburbs Summers, Sizzler, Alvin and clear Lake, Pete from Alvin and Kristen from clear Lake. One of them is going to the Final four. One of them is winning Ash Today two hundred and fifty dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union, and I'm gonna give away twenty anniversary party tickets everybody in the final four pit tickets late in the eight Houston Zoo passes on Know the Show today and possibly another forty percent chance of some scat of thunderstorms throughout the day. It's going to keep it a little cooler out there. Highs of around ninety Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, Good morning, Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 4: So yesterday, former harwife Representative Tulci Gabbard and doors Donald Trump. They were at a campaign event in Michigan for veterans.
Speaker 3: And this is surprising, Well.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's not surprising, but she's a former Democrat and she backed Trump for what she said was his understanding of the great responsibility that a president and commander in chief bears for every single one of our lives.
Speaker 3: So she was formerly the vice chair of the.
Speaker 4: Democratic National Committee and she left the party in twenty twenty two. If you don't know who Tulsi is, she is a lieutenant colonel in the was it a lieutenant colonel in the Iraq.
Speaker 3: War, and she's got a pretty big following.
Speaker 4: So that was a significant Endoor sent yesterday.
Speaker 3: Wanted to mention that she.
Speaker 1: Was running for president back in the day.
Speaker 3: You remember, I.
Speaker 4: Remember a federal judge in Texas is blocking a program that would give legal status to legal immigrants married to American citizens. The Biden administration plan, started earlier this month, would have affected around half a million immigrants in the country without legal status, but the judge blocked the program for fourteen days yesterday. So that was a pretty significant happening. So that's kind of the serious stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, this next three isn't not serious.
Speaker 1: This is serious. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: This is okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So six Flags Mexico is going viral.
Speaker 4: This incident that I'm talking about actually happened on August eighteenth, but the video has just recently gone viral. A is making the rounds up two hundred and fifty feet up in the air. A bunch of people just dangling upside down.
Speaker 3: During a storm.
Speaker 1: That's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at the top of the ride froze up. They were dangling for about ten minutes. There was torrential downpour at the time of them being stuck on this ride, so the video shows wind whipping. Everyone is like screaming and crying. Anyway, they're okay, but you know, sometimes you get extra you go to a thrill park, you get an extra thrill.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't know about.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about the original director of the Crow. His name is Alex Proyas, and he directed the original Crow back in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: Also never happy about the.
Speaker 4: Remake, but it's failure at the box office over the weekend seems to really put him in a better mood. He has been retweeting the bad reviews for the movie.
Speaker 3: He's also been posting of like he put Mark say from Seeing Crow twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Today, he's kind of just dunking on the remake a little bit online.
Speaker 3: You can go check out that blog page.
Speaker 1: I think it won. I think Dallas Daniel emailed me and that was it else about it.
Speaker 5: I saw.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite movies of all time. I didn't go see it. I don't know. I just everyone said it was gonna When you told me that it wasn't a remake and it was a reimagining, I'm like, that's just a license to suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like do whatever.
Speaker 1: Yep. Oh, I'm just gonna reimagine the movie. What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Want it to?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: You would have to ask the new director.
Speaker 4: Okay, can we please talk about your friends Liam and Noel Gallagher.
Speaker 1: It happened because.
Speaker 4: They have announced a twenty twenty five tour with Manchester, London and Dublin dates. There was a press release they confirmed Oasis will renite for a series of live shows next summer and uh, Rod is probably gonna have to go over the pond for this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, those are Houston sidlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 6: The Astros fell to the Phillies three to two and extras.
Speaker 5: Last night.
Speaker 6: Philadelphia's Bryce Harper had a walk off hit in the bottom of the tenth inning.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the Phillies again this evening.
Speaker 6: Justin Berlander's gonna be on the map for this show's going up agains Philadelphia's Aaron Nola. First pitch is at five forty and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, guys. This is four hours of pain. Won't be that painful, actually to be quite pleasurable. I think at some point. Lots of stuff for you today and again repeat. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary passes coming your Way in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback. So I know people were getting on me yesterday. We didn't really give any away other than the suburb Summer Sissler final fourth person, first phone call. I'd love to hear from you. What do you got? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four or five The Buzz. That's Lincoln Park and paper Cut. Yes, they have a countdown clock on their website. I'm at Lincolnpark dot com. It's at thirty one hours, ten minutes and fifty two seconds now fifty one second. Nay, say, I don't think we know yet. I know what I have made up in my head, what I think it means, and what I want it to mean. Will I be let down if it's some it's some re release of some box set or something, I'll be pissed off. Thirty one hours from now would be what two o'clock tomorrow one or two o'clock to hour something around there. Twenty four tomorrow is sixty thirty one, yeah, so one two o'clock tomorrow they have an announcement or if they're counting down to something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird time. If it is at one or two o'clock tomorrow, that's a weird time to be doing any kind of an announcement on a Wednesday. What does it mean.
Speaker 5: I don't know, a little midweek treatment.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But that's it. I want it to be the announcement of a new singer. I want them to announce a tour for twenty twenty five, just like the guys, the Brothers an Oasis just did. Now, the thing about Oasis you had already mentioned it. Those are only English dates. There's a Dublin date. It's they're not coming here. They're not coming here as of right now, Alex said yesterday. If they do that, they want to see if the boys can get along, then maybe they'll add some more tour dates. It's fairly local first, and go around the world.
Speaker 5: Let's not get them.
Speaker 6: On planes yet where they're gonna have more time to fight, Like, keep them as far away from each other as you can until.
Speaker 1: The day of the first show. Maybe. So, all right, So that's Oasis information on the blog page. A link to the Lincoln Park countdown clock. It's at thirty one hours. That's there looking outside. Forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, cloudy today, keeping it cooler, highs up around ninety. That's good. It is Tattuesday. I've already highlighted several times that we are giving away twentieth anniversary party passes today on the show Homeroom, We love you the most. You're getting those tickets. You're gonna get them on the fun Fact Flashback so that you can join us at the Carbock Brewery on October twelfth. We're gonna be announcing the Boobs Rock Golf Tournament today. Chiley, make sure we pump up. We've got the Boobs Rock Car Show. Our friend Sewan has put that whole thing together and that's ready to go. Guys, we went right from backpacks. We're going right into boobs Rock. It is prostate cancer awareness in September. It is a breast cancer awareness. Of course, our money goes for research, but we're moving into all of that stuff, and it just there's no break from now until the end of the year. That's that's the one thing that I know for sure. And tomorrow we're gonna give away a chunk of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show. Twentyth anniversary party. That's always say, is a chunk up twenty pair? Are you crazy? D I am?
Speaker 5: That is too many pairs?
Speaker 1: I am insane.
Speaker 7: It's a time for the first bound call of the day, twenty pair.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow there's gonna be a big chunk of twenty pair of tickets. That is a chunk giving away Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tomorrow. First phone call, it says, Hi, good morning. What is your name?
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning? My name is Caban.
Speaker 1: He a b e in That's what it says on my screen. Caban's on the phone. Hi, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great, brother Rod?
Speaker 1: How are you super awesome? I think we're lined up for a pretty good show today. Tomorrow's gonna be fild with all these tickets. Hey, I don't remember you being on the air with us before, Caban, have you?
Speaker 9: I have not.
Speaker 8: This is my first time getting through. It's been for several years.
Speaker 1: First time. All right, Well, listen, how are you gonna use your time? Caban? What's going happen with you this morning?
Speaker 8: Well? I thought I remember I was listening last week and I heard the percentages of the different gens that we're listening in on the show, and gen Z's got to step it up. So that's why I'm here.
Speaker 1: Are you stepping it up for gen Z?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, born in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Little baby on the phone? Gets this baby off my phone?
Speaker 1: What is a what is a twenty four year old doing up at six o'clock in the morning, going to work?
Speaker 8: Man, going to work?
Speaker 1: What do you do? Gen Z? Caban?
Speaker 8: I do environmental work for a chemical plan over in Galba.
Speaker 1: You got a gig right out of college.
Speaker 8: Huh uh. You could say that it's been a buffy ride. I'll I have with popters on the weekend, trying to get something gong with that. But uh, you.
Speaker 1: Know, wow, that's awesome. Cool. Hey you want to do you want to help me out with today's poll question? Caban?
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely give it to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I know you're you're good for one call today because you and I are talking on the telephone. How many times do you actually talk on the phone on an average day? Some of you have to do it with work, you know, so, and then you're calling, you know, a silly radio program. So I know you've made one call today. How many on an average day? None? One to three, four to seven, eight or more calls a day.
Speaker 8: Realistically, I'll say average about three to four.
Speaker 1: Three to four. That's a lot for gen Z. Gen Zers are not on the phone. They're not talking on the phone on their phone, but they're not talking on the phone. We're going to talk about that today on the show, and how little people are actually conversing on the phone these days. Well, listen, dude, I'm glad that you got on for the very first time. You sound like an outstanding guy a Caban and don't be don't be a stranger man. Check in with us from time to time. We've got open phones, we got all kinds of topics we talk about, we got games that we play. I expect to hear you back on the air waves. I know you know how to do it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely sounds good man. It was good talking to you guys.
Speaker 1: Great talking to you, Caban. He sounds like a good dude.
Speaker 3: He's like, why he can play a helicopter.
Speaker 1: You know, I was going to go into that a little bit more. He's like, yeah, and you know, I'm trying to get this helicopter thing going. I fly a helicopter on the weekends. Like what he said that, like everyone does that.
Speaker 5: Right, helicopter You're awesome.
Speaker 6: Like anything goes down, you're out of there, straight up, straight up and out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's badass. Although I want to be tired of Caban. I've only been in a helicopter. I've been in a schopper once, and oh damn those things are I mean. I wasn't into some big, huge meta back one or it was. It was a small like an old school like a G. I. Joe. Like, yes, I got.
Speaker 4: Sick when I went on Scary, Yeah, but I was a little hungover, so it's probably my fault.
Speaker 1: You know what is Caban still there? Hey? Caban?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I'm still here, Caban.
Speaker 1: Check this out. The helicopter that I was in, all this instrument it's a two seater. It's got that big bubble in the front. It looks like an old you know James Bond, you know G I. Joe one, all his instrumentation on there. And the guy had a piece of yarn taped to the bubble and he was watching which way that piece of yarn was going, yeah, what what what's all this? What are all these what are all these dials for? And then he's looking at a piece of yarn that is taped, which is scotch tape.
Speaker 8: I use, Well that's those are called shrimp string.
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem advanced.
Speaker 1: Is there nothing? Is there nothing built into your dashboard that will do what that piece of yarn does?
Speaker 8: No there?
Speaker 1: Because it was wild to me.
Speaker 8: It was I would explain it, but man, it was just so much detail, like there's something translate, explain it all right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're not smart enough, David, We're not smart enough. All I know is the guy said he needed that piece of yarn taped to the windshields of the of the chopper. And there's a million dials and switches in there. He's like, no, I need.
Speaker 6: That's probably the most important thing then an AI yarn.
Speaker 1: Let me take a short break. When we come back in a rec jeck, we'll find out what's trending. We'll get set up for the game Rock.
Speaker 7: And Al tearing the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the bus Welcome Back rod Ryan Show on this tattoosday, getting set up for the fresh out of bed head to head Abby, you better be up and running a rock. We got cloudy skies today about forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, highs up around ninety what's trending?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is really sad.
Speaker 4: Mariah Carey says her heart is broken because her mom and her sister both died over the weekend. They are She's confirmed the reports, but the cause of death hasn't been released for her mother, Patricia and her sister Allison.
Speaker 3: That is like gut wrenching.
Speaker 4: I know it's not light time, right, but it is one of these stories that everyone's talking about.
Speaker 1: That's insane that two people that are so close to you on the disc on the same day.
Speaker 3: My gosh, oh, my gosh. Okay.
Speaker 4: And then Rolling Stone has been doing this for now two years that you know how they usually do like most influential bands, artists, They do it now for creators like people online, and they release their second annual Most Influential Creators List and there were five hundred nominees. You have a twitch streamer, you have YouTubers, you have TikTok stars.
Speaker 1: Help me is like mister Beast on that list.
Speaker 4: Mister Beasts is on this list cover three three. Everybody knows and the ones that I know are the TikTokers, Alex Earl, Keith Lee, and THEO Vaughn.
Speaker 1: Course, ye see him all the time.
Speaker 4: Keith Lee's the one who go into like a restaurant and then rates it and then the restaurant gets.
Speaker 3: So busy like they can't handle it. Like He'll go to a restaurant that's maybe a little bit struggling.
Speaker 1: Did something locally? He did? He did.
Speaker 4: He's coming to Houston before. So yeah, those are the things. Oh okay, So that's only two seafood lovers and nearly two dozen locations will be saying goodbye to Lobster Fest. Red Lobster announced it's closing another twenty three restaurants at the end of the month as it goes through their bankruptcy proceedings. They already closed more than one hundred locations earlier this year.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending. On ninety four five to the.
Speaker 7: Bus, Good morning, everybody, This is Abby Sorry, no one slam clam here fellas. I am your fresh out event head to head two day champions join me on Tuesday when I make it win.
Speaker 1: Number three is seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat her, the run run.
Speaker 2: Show celebrating twenty years ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Rush Puckers Run Up ninety four to five the Bus, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, Happy tat Tuesday. Everybody. Hope you off to a great stary art to your day. Boy, that's see just won't okay, that's four fun Well go on, it won't go Thank you? Send that to engineering. We'll do. Good morning everybody. The board's a little tricky this morning. I was saying, as I was having a horrible time, I was saying, I hope you're off to a great start to your day on this tattooesday still to come Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party passes in home room. Those will be given out to the winner of the fun Fact flashback. Okay, about a forty percent chance of rain, cloudy, scattered thunderstorms, highs up around ninety today. Let's go in and let's play this game. We got Abby ready.
Speaker 10: To rock and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Man Man Man, Man Man May Mabby Abby, Good morning, Good morning Abby.
Speaker 11: How are you.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make it win? Dumber three? Today?
Speaker 7: I'm planning on it.
Speaker 1: Of course you are well unless Cody wins. Hi, Cody, good morning dude, Chillie says, it's been a couple of years since you played. Yes, yes, sir. What do you have to say for yourself about that?
Speaker 8: Lines are busy?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, blame everyone, but you blame everybody but Cody. All right, Cody, well listen, you're on with us now. Did you have any success when you played years ago?
Speaker 12: I had three or four wins, can't remember which one.
Speaker 1: Well, Abby's got two wins. Okay, you have none as of right now. But I'm about to ask some questions, and if you get two answers correct before her, I'll give you this my pair of to.
Speaker 3: See Bush with Jerry cantrung handlebo.
Speaker 1: Okay. Abby is just hitting her stride. She's playing lights out right now. Cody, you got to step it up. Okay, he hasn't even started playing now. I just told him to step it up. She's playing. She's playing really good. She's playing really good, fresh out of bed, head to head right now. All right, I'm listening for Abby. I'm listening for Cody. Please in the studio, please do the same. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Question number one? What color is the energy in that? For real? Left? Cody? What did they say? Okay, well, Cody knows how to say his name quick, but he just Abby? What color is the energy in that three eleven song? You needn't answer? No, Amber, Amber is the color of my energy?
Speaker 7: It Alex.
Speaker 1: Here we go, next question, Abby and Cody, What Houston Olympian is the most codyles It's correct answer, Bro, you could have been like a winner right now to get that first one. So mobiles. What Houston Olympian is the most decorated gymnast? Cody on the board? Okay, Abby, I don't know what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Is really fast?
Speaker 1: Here we go, shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What sound does a pig make? Cody point? What the heck? Who is this guy? I don't believe that he.
Speaker 3: Didn't win before super Fast super.
Speaker 1: Super super Fast? Didn't we just do a question? Was it a goat? What did you do? Somebody else made a ribbit? Somebody did an animal sound during this game? Was it a frog? Yeah? No, my ribbon was a fun fact. Flashback cow the cow? The cow question? Okay, Hey, he smoked today. He absolutely smoked today. He did it dirty Abby. We got to say goodbye to you, Cody. No rust on the pipes at all. Whipping out the bush. September fifth, you got tickets? Do you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely? Can you do what you did today tomorrow? And when's Wednesday? Thursday, Friday? Can you do that every morning?
Speaker 8: I will do it for four more days.
Speaker 1: On Liberty Weekend. Let's celebrate work by not going to it. Ron Ryan Show, Mornings, the Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Papa Roach, leave a light on. We've talked about it several times. Jacoby did a duet on that song with Carrie Underwood. It's great. Speaking of Carrie Underwood, we found out yesterday night football got it back, Got it back, got a little we got a little teaser, right, Yeah, that full thing. We gotta wait until I bout the full thing in there from last year? Oh you last year's full thing? Okay, So, but did they change up the song?
Speaker 5: They did, But the only thing we saw was like a preview of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just put the other one in. It's basically like what outfit she's gonna be wearing in the song.
Speaker 5: So looks really good.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a blog page up on Carrie Underwood, and then she also is on the Looking at Girls blog page today. Yeah, we're all a lot of girls. I'm fresh out of bed, fresh out of bed, Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 13: Good morning, everybody. This is Tony. I am a fresh out of bed head ahead one day champion. Okay, I know everybody loved that. But when you get in you just gotta do what you gotta do. Join me on Wednesday when I'm making win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitches, I mean, next beach. They got played, he said years ago, and he didn't really have a whole lot of success. How do you do that? Abby's really good, Thatby's really good, and he smoked her.
Speaker 5: Any given day.
Speaker 1: I guess, I just how does a guy like that not have five Hall of Fame appearances or something? And you do that, We'll see if you can rehi if he can do that again tomorrow. Rob Ryan showed twenty anniversary passes coming up. But first, it's the fuck back to.
Speaker 2: The day we make you look smart in front of every buddy.
Speaker 9: Sits the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: True story. Hal yesterday looked over at me and he said, you know what what other animals fart? Oh? I was you said it? Did you figure it out? You said that to me yesterday, and I didn't have an answer for you. Hyenas manates dogs clearly, mind does bobcats, American cockroaches all past gas like humans.
Speaker 3: Those little roaches are farting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Even some fish like the herring, although they use it more to communicate. But most birds don't fart. Most amphibians don't fart like frogs don't fart. Bats don't fart. Me on a date, test on a date doesn't fart.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Cloths class don't fart. They did. They digest everything. So I'm sorry I didn't have that answer for you yesterday. But yeah, now you know what other animals fart.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: There was one high school dance at the White House. What it was, Yeah, the Holton Arms School prom in nineteen seventy five. Gerald Ford was president and his daughter was a senior, and he allowed them to have the senior prom at the White House.
Speaker 3: Wow, I watched my prom at the House the White House.
Speaker 1: Daddy too, And then super duper fun facts. Apparently her and a boyfriend broke up right before the dance.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Finally Samuel Morris Uh, he's the guy that invented morris Co. He wanted to be an artist and he's stunk at it. He just he was terrible. Yeah, so he got into electromagnetics in his forties when he finally declared his art career a flop. Thank you for the Morse code.
Speaker 3: That's neat things.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and every buddies, it's the fuck.
Speaker 7: To the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk to me about these tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is a pair of passes to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party on October twelfth at Carbak Brewing. It's going to feature all kinds of performances, Shine Down, blocktovers, blond dary dead, mad v xc's listen.
Speaker 3: You can't buy these.
Speaker 1: You have to win them, all right, it's your fuck. Look at the phone lines already jammed up. Okay, who is Jack Gillis? We learned who that was yesterday.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 1: No clues, no clues, not for a ticket. This big seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Anything else for me to research for tomorrow? I don't know this hard act to follow. Okay, it's good for the week. How you do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 11: Sir?
Speaker 14: It was a mixed day on Wall Street that I was up sixty five points to forty one thousand and two, forty NASDAK down one hundred and fifty two to seventeen thousand and seven to twenty five benchmark ten. Your treasuries at a three point eight five percent, and oil sends its seventy seven dollars two cents of barrel to the most active is the big studs three Coca Cola and Walt Disney, the big duds Intel, Amazon, and Boeing. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer confidence for August right now, Futures slightly on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's a met here.
Speaker 14: This is Howland manage the director with Ramy James Port for the Rode Ryan Show from Raymony James on Sandfully Ben and Gusten and dn't forget toys. A rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 15: Fan's expressed for goes aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James Associates, Thank come ever, nas AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 15: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. Because programs are educational and informational, nervous on the stones of duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young ninety four or five. Buzz, Welcome back, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Who's this man? Okay, David, good luck to you. I am wondering. We learned about this fellow yesterday. Uh, who's Jack Gillis?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 12: That is the infamous Jack White.
Speaker 1: Doom Doo Doo doo doo. Jack White from the White Stripes took his wife, Meg's last name when they got married. His maiden name was Gillis. He needs to be Jack Willis or Jack Gillis before he married Meg. Dude, congratulations, you're the winner testa book. This guy up?
Speaker 3: Please, dude, why don't you join us at the twentieth anniversary party for Ryan Show.
Speaker 8: How it would be my pleasure here I would I think gonna win your tickets for a minute.
Speaker 1: Now, that's awesome, David. I'm so happy for you. Hang on for me. It's a great sounds like a great addition to the party. Here we go ninety four five the buzz, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Stained and for you, and just blew out another pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, October twelfth, Carbont Brewery. We're gonna do something fun tomorrow. Chilly said that he's fun still funds his middle name. We went through all that yesterday. We're gonna give you. We're gonna give away a chunk of tickets tomorrow, and Tessa was getting specific with me. She asked me, what I think a chunk of tickets is. I think a chunk of tickets is around twenty pair we're gonna do. Yeah, We're gonna do a chunk of tickets tomorrow on the show. Well, rot how are you doing it? When are you doing it? None of that, none of that, but it is gonna happen tomorrow. I got pit tickets to falling in reverse. They're playing Friday Night out at the Woodlands. I've got tickets coming to your around seven twenty Scattered thunderstorms about a forty percent chat about a forty percent chance with some clouds. High of around ninety. Tessa has Houston's headlines, sure do.
Speaker 4: So we'll start with the national stuff because during a speech to the National Guard Conference in Detroit yesterday, former President Donald Trump introduced a new supporter. It was former Democratic congresswoman and lieutenant colonel in the Iraq War, Tulca Gabbard.
Speaker 3: She walked onto the stage, talked with the crowd.
Speaker 4: About their shared values for a few minutes, and then asked the crowd to join her in supporting Trump for president. This is a big deal because Gabbard was formerly the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee. She left the party in twenty twenty two. So that was the big national news yesterday. Here in Houston. Guy's not very light Titan bright, but it is happening in our community, so I wanted to mention it. Yesterday there was a shelter in place order at Rice University.
Speaker 3: Classes and campus.
Speaker 4: Activities were canceled for the remainder of the day after, a Rice University student was found dead following an apparent murder suicide on campus.
Speaker 3: It was a first day of the fall semester.
Speaker 4: The university police department says the officers found this junior, Andrea Rodiguez Avila, dead from a gunshot wound.
Speaker 3: She was inside her residence hall.
Speaker 4: A man believed to be her boyfriend was found dead nearby and an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound.
Speaker 3: There was a note found at the scene that.
Speaker 4: Indicated they had troubles in the cop if there were troubles in the couple's relationship. There was a welfare check to performed after she had missed a class. So I believe she's from Maryland. Rice has flown in her parents. They are offering counselors on campus right now. They're saying they want their community to come together in order to mourn and grieve this. But again classes are canceled again today. So this is a pretty significant case. I wanted to mention it. It is happening right here. It's happening in our backyard. Okay, let's switch gears here. Oj Simpson was cremated after his death, and now his lawyer says that his remains have been made into cremation jewelry that was given to his four kids. So he's got four kids, Sidney and Justin, who were both under the age of ten when their mom, Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered by somebody. OJ also has two older kids, Arnelle and Jason, with his first wife. And yeah they I mean, do the kids even want it? Do they think their dad is guilty or innocent? Yeah, some sort of cremation jewelry has been made and given to the kids that I don't have any further details.
Speaker 1: We do have a blog page on this. I think maybe the most brilliant thing that Alex has ever done on this show is put on the song the Ojys Backstabber during OJ song during OJ stories. Okay, that hadn't read this is the OJS. The song is called the Backstabbers. Don't like it.
Speaker 3: I don't like the story. Let's talk about something we.
Speaker 5: Like a lot diamonds girls?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 13: Dinah?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's name. It's fremation for me. Hear that voice, Alex, that's Carrie Underwood.
Speaker 4: She dropped a teaser for the twenty twenty four Sunday Night Football opening.
Speaker 3: Theme song and people are far up to.
Speaker 4: Watch some Pigskin official season kicks off Thursday, September fifth, but our first Sunday full of NFL football is on the eighth, and Carrie Underwood will be there to pump up everyone. The first Sunday night game is a doozy La Rams versus Detroit Lions. It'll be in Detroit, and uh yeah, I want to see.
Speaker 1: What she's wearing. Like it's weird that that's a big deal that there's an announcement fast that Carrie Underwood's intro. We're teasing it and you gotta wait till Sunday night.
Speaker 3: I can tell you exactly how she's gonna walk in those legs. Oh yeah, Monday Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about green Day, please, Rod, please with the carry Underwood Gary. Green Day announced Punk Bunny Cough, their own special blend of coffee is gonna be in seven eleven.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: It'll be exclusively at the convenience store chain. This year's significant again for green Day and seven eleven because Green Day is celebrating thirtieth anniversary of Dukie and the twentieth anniversary of American idiot. And then seven eleven is marking the sixtieth anniversary of you know.
Speaker 3: This concept of freshly brewed coffee into go cups.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 3: They're celebrating the Gazer. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: It's funny that they brought up dukie and talking about coffee. Isn't that the coffee like a stimulant?
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Doesn't coffee get most people moving?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, dookie, yeah, duky coffee.
Speaker 3: I only have to drink it. I just smell it. I'm like, oh time, what's going on?
Speaker 5: In sports?
Speaker 6: Astros smell to the Phillies three to two and extra innings last night Philadelphias Bryce Harper had a walk off hit in the bottom of the tenth inning. They're gonna play the Phillies again tonight. Justin villanders to be in the mount for the show is going up Agains. Philadelphia's Aaron Nola first pitches at five forty. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: College football is coming back this weekend. Maybe you want to go see a game.
Speaker 6: I have a pair of tickets for Caller ten just seven, one, three, two and two five nine for five. U UH twos open up the season against UNLV this Saturday at TDECU Stadium.
Speaker 5: Call he ten to seven, one three, two and two five nine for five. Those tickets are yours. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: All right? Kids going road giving away tickets? Yeah, all right, CHILEI standing by.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod Ross The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Offspring, Gotta get away, Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over and you're joining us, you're continuing your your homeroom experience with us here in seven, Thank you. But if you're just joining us waking waky, hands off those cupcakes. We do have a shot at some rain today, about a forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, cloudy hype about ninety.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Talk to my sister aunt. Sue is coming in for a Labor Day weekend, get some kid time. And she's the one that notified me that it's gonna be raining all weekend, Labor Day weekend. I had no idea, and then I went and looked rain all weekend but it's nice. Well, what do you mean by that? Means sitting by the pool in the rain.
Speaker 3: It's just been a nice reprieve from the heat. You could still do.
Speaker 1: Things, Yeah, you can, but you know it's the last blowout of summer, and I'm not I don't draw it up in my head with rain.
Speaker 4: See, we're raining all day because sometimes you do this thing where it's botty and then boom sunshine for a couple of hours and then.
Speaker 1: Anything could change, obviously. But I'm just giving you guys a heads up that I was notified by somebody in north Tonawana, New York, that we're gonna that we're gonna have some rain here in the Houston area coming up on this weekend. Okay, guys, what do we doing this hour? Well, I've got pit passes. We got a lot of pit tickets for you this week. Pit passes to Falling in Reverse. That show's going down Friday night, Woodland's Pavilion. You want to be in the pit? Can you handle them? A pit for that type of show. I'm looking for somebody. I'm looking for a rare breed coming up this hour, Okay, in about fifteen twenty minutes, I also have pit tickets to thirty seconds to Mars. Those will be backloaded later in the eight o'clock hour public service announcements and listen. I Florida is Florida. Okay, true, but I'm sure that there are some people that are doing this here and sometimes you just need somebody. It's like what somebody tells you to. Hey, it's raining outside, turn on your headlights. Oh yeah, yeah, thanks Rob. Oh you know what, put your seatbelt, thanks Rod. Yeah, you're right, I forgot put my seatbelt on. Tampa, Florida are reminding drivers right now that if you see a school bus, you guys have all been behind a school bus or in front of a school bus, and they've got that stop sign that comes out that's usually lit up. Now, yeah, you have to stop as soon as that stop sign comes out. That is stop sign. It's a stop sign for both directions. Okay. Now, do not pass it if you're behind the bus. Don't blow past it if you're coming from the other direction either. Okay. It's a safety thing so that you don't maime a child. Officials in Tampa announced that in the span of four days, because you've got to think about a lot of these buses have cameras on board now and they are scanning license plates, and I'm sure we have this technology here. Okay officials in Tampa in the last four days two thousand, three hundred and ninety one drivers ignored the stop signs and passed school buses. I get it. The frustration of being stuck behind a school bus. We've all been there before. And you can pass school buses as long as it's safe, but you cannot go when that stop sign is there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like a it's a full on just it's like a train. You got to stop.
Speaker 1: Listen. I expect the absolute worst numbers on everything in Florida, but I think that it's just me reminding you if you're out there. Okay, now, in Florida, they're allowing a grace period until September twelfth, and then it's going to be an automatic two hundred and twenty five dollars ticket. So I think I think probably all school buses have cameras on them now, I'm sure of it. I'm sure of it. So I don't know. Can anybody is Adam the cop listening? Is somebody here local that could help us out with this is this also, I mean, I'm sure it's a finable offense. But are we having a problem here with this or is there a school bus driver who's probably driving right now. Are you noticing it? Guys, don't do it. I'm just telling you, don't do it. I'm sure you don't. Okay, it's probably Dean and Rodge listeners. It's not our listeners, it's not ours.
Speaker 5: But outstanding citizen.
Speaker 1: I was alarmed at the number of people that were blowing past those school things. Those school bus stop signs. Those are stop signs for both directions. Okay, well there was no kids coming out at the time. If the stop sign is out, you can't go. You can't go around the bus. You just have to wait. I get it. You got kids. They're messing with the backpack, like, oh my god, I got my hat. Well this blah blah blah. You know, you got that one kid that's like still not off the bus and you're waiting, and I get it. It's frustrating, but you have to wait. Okay, there you go. I'm sure you guys are all doing a great job out there. Quick break. When we come back, let's get you in the pit for Friday nights, Falling in Reverse show.
Speaker 9: Okay, Houston's rocking alternative A rod Y Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Well, well, well we are. There's a big rumor that just kind of came to me, and I want to talk about that coming up. That's going to be interesting. I put some stuff up on social media just a moment ago. Listen, guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your tat Tuesday. Okay, we've got a forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms, cloudy today, highs of around ninety May. I sure speculation. And we've been kind of observing the Lincoln Park countdown clock, which ends tomorrow. On some forty one socials, they said tune in on Wednesday for a Derek Whibley announcement. Now you have two announcements happening on the same day.
Speaker 5: I didn't put that together, but yeah, Derek.
Speaker 1: Whibley, I remember us sharing a video. Derek Wibley is the lead singer of Some forty one, who have announced that this is their farewell tour, that they're breaking up. He would be free after this tour. He would be free to do whatever he wants. They say that they will not tour or actively be a band any longer. Is he quitting some forty one to be the lead singer of Lincoln Park. It looks like we have to wait till tomorrow. But that is the front runner. Even though we saw videos of a female singer and Mike Shanoda. You know he did that to throw us off the scent. I never put Derek Whibley, and I don't mean this in a bad way. It never brought him up as a great vocalist. Okay, for the same reason, because they're Canadian Blankuinity two. To me, you think anybody's a great vocalist in Blinkwin eighty two. They write great songs and they're perfect for what they do, but they've never been talked about Derek Whibley. I'd never spoken about him as a great vocalist a lot. But I was impressed. He filled in on a Lincoln Park tribute thing a couple of years ago, and he sang some songs with them, and those videos went viral, and I was absolutely impressed. I couldn't believe how well he sang. I never knew he could do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bro, I feel like that's it. It's gotta be.
Speaker 1: How much would your mind be blown if that was the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be pretty blund That'd be crazy. That'd be awesome too.
Speaker 6: It makes so much sense as to why some forty wins kind of can it quits because they were coming back, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this new album of Some forty one is great. But I was thinking that maybe they were calling it quits because Derek Whibley has had health problems in the past.
Speaker 5: That made sense.
Speaker 1: Also, is he healthy enough to say, Hey, I'm gonna be the new Lincoln Parks singer because let me tell you, they're gonna have to do a million shows. Oh yeah, and that the forty stuff is hard to sing. The Lincoln Park stuff is harder to sing. I'm sorry. You have to be to be the top of your game to sing that stuff. It's on Facebook right now, It's on the X right now. I have the link to the actual article. This is all speculation right now, but I think it's a nuke. I think it is a nuke. If he becomes the lead singer, it seems like it's got.
Speaker 12: To be it.
Speaker 1: I was all for that chick with the video that I saw. I was all for that, and I thought it was a brilliant move putting a female singer in there. But Derek Whibley, you know what it sounds like? All right, Okay, what else is trending?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's a pretty big one.
Speaker 1: I know it's huge.
Speaker 3: There's some other stuff going on.
Speaker 4: I remember that woman that was enticing a tiger at the New Jersey Zoo, she like jumped a fence. They are now charging her with one count of defiant trash passing and she was issued to city citations.
Speaker 3: For climbing the fences at the zoo.
Speaker 4: So that video being released led them to find her and be able to charge her.
Speaker 3: And they really really don't want you.
Speaker 4: To be able to that in any any zoo or any enclosure where animals are also Pro wrestling legend Sid Vicious died. He was only sixty three. He passed away after battling cancer for several years. So he's survived by his wife. He has two sons. But rip Sid Vicious and that chick, that tiger chick has a fine in the citation now, So those are either two small trends compared to the big rumor, but that's a trending on ready for five of us.
Speaker 1: Listen. I know that you guys are hanging out and you're waiting for these falling in reverse tickets. I really I want to take I want to take five phone calls. And again, it might not be true, but I'd like to gauge your thoughts on Derek Whibley from some forty one. What if that's the announcement tomorrow and he becomes the new lead singer of Lincoln Park. Chillie opened up some fall lines. I'll put five people on quickly, and you just tell me. Do you think that's a good idea. Some of you don't want Lincoln Park to reff Some of you say, and I've heard from you, Chester could never be replaced. Rod Let let it be. I'm not from that. I don't I want them to play. Those other guys, those are young guys. Man. Let them get out there and play. Okay, let Mike Shanoda. Let those guys have a career still. And I think it's got to be the right singer. Is Derek Whibley the right singer? Wow? I'm excited. I'm excited. So let's play into the rumor mill right now, tell me what your thoughts are on this massive what I call a nuke seven one, three, two two five. I promise I'll take these five calls and then boom, I'll get to the pit passes. Okay, thank you guys. It's ninety four to five to buzz, ninety four five the buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. That's three doors down, Krystin Night. It's tay Okay. I'm very excited right now. I'm super excited. We're playing in this rumor mill. I put some stuff on social media and I did link to the article. There's nothing concrete as of right now, but two things we know for sure. Number One, Lincoln Park has had they started with a one hundred hour time clock that was counting down. That's gonna end sometime tomorrow in the afternoon. Add to it, yesterday some forty one puts out Derek Whibley announcement coming on Wednesday. I mean, what's he doing? What's he doing on the same day that Lincoln Park is announcing something. He is filled in for Chester before.
Speaker 3: It is us. The timing, the front.
Speaker 1: Runner and the top rumor of all rumors right now is the countdown clock for Lincoln Park is to announce a new lead singer and the front runner who I thought was that Chicken those videos, which I was cool with. I don't know much more about it other than the videos that I've seen, but she can whale is Derek Whibley from Some forty one. You gotta know Some forty one. We've talked about it. How many times we've been giving away tickets to their tour. They said this is their final tour. They are calling it quits. Well, why would you call it quits? Oh, because you could be the lead singer of one of the biggest rock bands out there. They're way bigger than Some forty one. Okay, there's no question, right, Okay, there's no question at all. That would change Derek Whibley's life. Okay, I'm sure he's not hurting, but boy taking over for Lincoln Park? Is that going to be the announcement? My question to you is do you like it? I said I would take a couple of quick phone calls on it. Jerry Lester, Hello, Jerry, Hello Rod, I mean, what are your thoughts on me?
Speaker 9: Are?
Speaker 12: Well, first of all, known Derek plays Chester.
Speaker 1: Okay, period, fair enough?
Speaker 12: Thought this is a good step in the right direction. Secretly, I was kind of hold now for a female vocalist, some of those females out there and really wail, and I think that would have been a good step.
Speaker 11: Also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can get somebody like a Lizzie Hale who can sing anything, you know. But is there another Lizzie Hale that's undiscovered, that's just sitting around out there. I don't know, you know, I think there is.
Speaker 12: I think there is, but like you said, be discovered yet. I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Jerry. I appreciate it. Adam, good morning. Hello Adam, can you hear me? I can hear you now? How are you.
Speaker 8: Doing good?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on possibly a Lincoln Park announcement that includes Derek Whibley being the new lead singer.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't care one way or the other.
Speaker 1: But I just think that.
Speaker 2: Band together that included.
Speaker 1: Adam, Adam, I'm gonna put you on hold. I'm gonna come back to you, chilly check that line. I'd like to hear Adam's I mean, even though he said he doesn't care, but I'd like to hear what Adam had to say. Christy, Good morning, Good morning, Hey, big rumor going on that Derek Whibley from some forty one could be the lead singer of Lincoln Park as soon as tomorrow. What do you think.
Speaker 13: I think that it could work.
Speaker 12: I love their music.
Speaker 7: I'm actually going to see them in September. He's got a kind of.
Speaker 11: A unique sound, and I think whoever they pick is going to have to have a unique sound.
Speaker 1: Mmm mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean those are big shoes to fill, no doubt about it. Somebody was giving somebody was giving me a hard time about well, Rod, they don't want Lincoln Park, they don't want anybody to take Chester's role. And he asked me, He goes, what would you think of your boy being replaced and Soundgarden goes out with another lead singer. I told him I've already picked the singer of Soundgarden, Richie Conson. Okay, I have picked. I have hands selected who nobody can replace Chris Cornell. But I would love Soundgarden to continue, and I have already chosen. I've already given my blessing to Richie Cotson as the singer of Soundgarden. Go look him up and tell me I'm wrong on that.
Speaker 4: It's so wild to me when fans expect, like the rest of the band to just stop being musicians and like stop being great. They've already done, like that's their whole life. And if that as a friend, the friend that passed, like if you were in there, she's like, wouldn't you want your friends to continue? Like you wouldn't want your their life to stop on your account.
Speaker 1: I'm ad. Good morning, I'm ad, good morning morning.
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear? Wow, something's going on with these phones? They stink today. It's our fault. Comed talk to me. What do you think about this rumor?
Speaker 11: Firstly, I'm not really a fan of it. I think that Ben should have stayed it. That's the way. And if some forty one is breaking up because of that, I think that's when just really the best reason. I mean, some forty one is already a unique Ben great Ben in itself.
Speaker 5: I'm not a fan of it, not a fan, but yeah, okay, I'm ed.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the call. Let's try this phone thing. We got to get these phones straightened out before uh sizzler. Yeah, I'm glad we're doing this. Mike, good morning, very phone. I can hear you just fine what you got for me?
Speaker 12: Oh hey, I'm forty five. I've been listening to him all my life.
Speaker 5: It's one of those bands, but I just haven't been able to get to see so as a bucket list, I'll take him how I can get him.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about you never got to see Lincoln Park back in the day, back in the day. No, So this gives you a new opportunity to see the band, and that like if you have an itch to be scratched, you feel like that's going to do it for you. You want them to continue to scratching. I feel that way too, And I saw Lincoln Park. I saw link Park a ton of times, a lot, a lot, Yeah, brag, I saw him a lot. I want to see him again. I want to see him again. And it's Mike's bucket list. I just don't think.
Speaker 6: People realize how like much like Chester he can sound. He's not exactly like Chester, but Derek can get to that range and he can do all of the stuff.
Speaker 1: He can get to where Chester was.
Speaker 6: He's not as good as Chester, but like, I don't think there's as big of a drop off as a lot of people think that there there will be I'm not to do the.
Speaker 1: Whole interview or the whole email in the Radio Wizard voice, but he emailed in okay, well, actually, if you want to pass on turns brother Rod, Derek is a totally underrated singer and can definitely hit that chester range. Feels like when Sammy joined Van Halen. Sammy was always good, but when he joined Van Halen, it rocketed him to a new level. This could be a twenty twenty four version of a supergroup. Very exciting. Radio Wizard's excited about it because he knows.
Speaker 4: Like what Alex was saying, that some people can hit those high range notes easily, and I mean Derek seems to be one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just never ever classified him as this great singer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never did, because he's sing sillier songs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I was also, but I was impressed when he filled in. When he filled in there you can go look up Derek Whibley and Lincoln Park. There are some videos, and I was blown away that he could hit those notes. I had no idea, nothing in the some forty one catalog led me to believe that he can do that.
Speaker 6: He was like raised on No Effects and scream. Oh, so like he's he's got the range to do all of that stuff. And the fact that we've already seen him kind of hang with Lincoln Park and do that stuff. Yeah, I think that that's just kind of a natural progression. And yeah, I don't know if they're going to be putting out new stuff or if it's just a tour.
Speaker 5: That they'll be doing over and over again.
Speaker 6: But I think either way, like it gives you more Lincoln Park if you're a Lincoln Park fan, and you don't have to say it's the best Lincoln Park that it's been, but it's new stuff.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the phone calls. I appreciate all the emails that are coming in right now, As promised, that is all I gotten now. I don't want to talk about this is falling in reverse. They're playing Friday Night at the Woodlands. I have tickets in the pit right now. Okay, thank you for allowing us to kind of like pivot a little bit, but I will take caller ten pit tickets Falling in Reverse, Friday Night, Woodlands, Pavilion seven one three two, one two, five nine five, good luck.
Speaker 2: The right show celebrating twenty years ninety four, five.
Speaker 1: Four five the buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. I'm gonna go over the phones here and give away some of these Falling in Reverse tickets. Want to talk about a guy that can sing? Man that Ronnie Radkey guy, the lead singer Falling in Reverse. He could sing his ass off. Have you ever seen him just completely blacked out the tats, his arms, everything just he used to be like tats everywhere, and then he just went and blacked it out, kind of like what machine Gun Kelly did and got all the Yeah, kat Rondee did that too. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning to Jape?
Speaker 1: What's up, brother ro JP. I'm trying to give away some tickets. In the pit. Things could get a little rough down there. Falling in Reverse. This is a pretty this is a pretty good show. It's a pretty aggressive show. Woodland's Pavilion on Friday Night. You down for the pit?
Speaker 13: I am so down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in, you're in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, time to get your sticks.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I pushed him back a little bit, but I wanted to kind of take care of that rumor that was going around. What do you think about Derek Whibley from Some forty one and the singer of Lincoln Park. I didn't know that he.
Speaker 13: Could do the range, but I think he's gonna do an amazing job if he gets it.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked if I could play some stuff, like give us some example, ROD so we can hear it. You're gonna have to google it on your own because there's some swearing and I can't sit here and edit all that stuff. There's a couple of videos of Derek Whibley up on stage singing. He's singing a cover with his band Some forty one, and then he also has been on stage with Mike Shanoda before and sing you some stuff. So that stuff is easily google able to go check out. But JP, let's take care of you man. Friday night. You're in the pit. Bro okay, so good? Thanks brother Ron? Can I thank you? Thank you, brother JP. Can I count on you for like that cool selfie picture like with maybe the lead singer with all his tattoos behind you, like a selfie, and then we could have that, we could post that on Monday morning? You got it. I can count on you for that, JP, Yes you can, all right. For some reason, I believe you, but I believe everybody when they say they're gonna do it. Nobody does. For Sunday, have a great time at that show, Brother Rock and Alternative from The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On this Tattoouesday suburb Summer Sissler coming up. I want to talk a little bit about the boobs Rock Golf tournament. Oh yeah, Chili put up information already about that on links and guests, So we want to do that, and then we want to try to squeeze in some pit passes to go see thirty seconds to Mars eight o'clock hour is going to be insanely busy. Okay, guys, strap yourselves in forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorm's cloudy pies of around ninety today, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: During a speech to the National Guard conference in Detroit yesterday, former President Donald Trump introduced a new supporter, former Democratic congresswoman and lieutenant colonel in.
Speaker 3: The Iraq War, Tilci Gabbard.
Speaker 4: She walked onto the stage and talked with the crowd about how she and Donald Trump share values. She did that for a few minutes and then asked the crowd to join her in supporting Trump for president.
Speaker 3: That was a pretty significant what do they call it a SIGNI.
Speaker 4: I'm not yeah, yeah, like I'm backing up whenever I'm driving to work here. Thank you an endorsement because Gabbard was formerly the vice chair of the Democratic National Commity Committee, and she kind of made waves when.
Speaker 3: She left the party back in twenty twenty two. So that's kind of the big.
Speaker 4: National story that everyone's talking about. There's another national story that concerns Texas. There's a federal judge here that blocked a program that would give legal status to legal immigrants married to American citizens. Now the Biden administration plan started earlier this month. That would have affected about half a million immigrants in the country that don't have legal status but they're married to someone who does, an American citizen. The judge blocked the program for fourteen days yesterday, so that fourteen day clock starts started Monday. And this is something that everyone is kind of talking about. All right, let's talk about Six Flags Mexico. I didn't know there was a six Flags in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool. Yeah, I'm always visiting. I would love to go.
Speaker 4: But there's this viral video and it happened on August eighteenth, but the video is just recently making the rounds. It's called the Supergirl sky Flight or sky Screamers. At some of the other six Flag parks, you're on a swing that spins you in circles. The six Flag version hits a max height of two hundred and forty two feet and when the ride was at its peak two forty two feet up near it froze, so people on the ride were just dangling for ten minutes. There was also torrential downpour at the same time. When it rains at Pourse, Yeah, torrential downpour at the same time. The video shows the wind whipping everyone is just white knuckling it.
Speaker 3: You can hear several people screaming and crying.
Speaker 4: Six Legs did put out a statement saying it caused some uncomfortable moments for a few visitors. But the ride is back up and running and fixed the short time.
Speaker 1: Right, sign me up, let me get right to the front of the line. Pictures video all that. There's a link up on links and guests.
Speaker 4: Right Alex Proyees directed the original version of The Crow back in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: He was never happy about it being remade, but.
Speaker 4: Its failure at the box office over the weekend seems to have put a smile on his face. In recent days, he's retweeted some bad reviews for the movie. He's also posted about being marked safe from seeing Crow twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: I just did a quick Google search on this new Crow movie. Here's the first thing that came up, The Crow remake worst film of twenty twenty four. It's as bad as we thought it would be. From Critical Drinker. Yeah, it doesn't take much to see that the Internet thinks this movie is bad.
Speaker 3: Can I give you one more tweet from him?
Speaker 1: Well, so it's the original Crow guy who is like original director? Yeah, of course he's all for the bad reviews of the movie that he made back in the day.
Speaker 4: Wow, box office is a bloodbath. I thought the remake was a cynical cash grab. Not much cash to grab, it seems.
Speaker 1: Did he get looked over? Did he get asked about redoing it?
Speaker 3: I think it's something.
Speaker 1: It sounds very angry.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is how I'm gonna compare it. If you're an artist. It's like someone saying, oh, you painted the Mona Lisa. I want to paint the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 1: I want to do that.
Speaker 3: This is my version of the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 4: Look at it.
Speaker 3: It's cool and it's new, and it's.
Speaker 4: Got bright colors. It's like, it depends on what kind of artists you are. You can say, Okay, thank you for a pango mach to my original, or you could say, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I made the first one perfect, why would you touch that?
Speaker 1: But movies a just depends. Movies are remade and rebooted at such a crazy pace in this day and age, and you don't really hear the original guy bitched about it. It seems to be just accepted behavior that everything's going to be rebooted, you know.
Speaker 3: I think it just depends. I mean, that's why we have a platform now.
Speaker 1: I don't know who made Roadhouse with, you know, with Patrick swayzey, but I didn't hear him bitching about Jake Jillenhall's version, you know, like it's just it, it happens so often.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 1: They got that made Roadhouse. Pat Patrick sway didn't make the movies so it.
Speaker 3: Is Brandon Lee Oasis Reunion's latest.
Speaker 4: Okay, Liam and Noel Gallagher finally announced what their little countdown clock was for.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, not their countdown clock.
Speaker 4: They just had a date and they've announced a twenty twenty five tour in Manchester, London and Dublin. There are dates for these gigs and there's been a press release saying they are confirming they will reunite. Oasis will reunite for those series of live shows. That is what's headlining the music blog pageing go check it out. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Maybe they won't come over here. I'll tell you what what if just by people emailing me, nobody cares.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's like you do I do? I think a lot of people care.
Speaker 6: And what if Derek Whibley is like really going to just announce like he's also joining oasists to try and stay in between the brothers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, maybe he ain't gonna do much. He's a little dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But like they're like, well now we have somebody else we can hate on those Oasis brothers.
Speaker 5: An arrest the Canadian.
Speaker 1: The Oasis brothers aren't big and they tower over Derek Whibley. Everybody you tower over Derek Whibley. I don't know how bigg I'll tell its like four maybe right now. Well, you should look up some sports scores.
Speaker 6: They have sports scores, and the Astros felt of the Phillies three to two. In extras last night, Philadelphia's Bryce harpred a walk off hit in the bottom of the tenth. They're gonna play the Phillies again tonight. Justin Berlander's gonna be on the map for the Shows, going up against Philadelphia's Aaron Nola. First pitches at five point forty, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on the sports blog page today, a Broncos fan at their final preseason game eight seven punches.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the altercation was.
Speaker 6: It looked like they were walking the seats and then two guys just started punching him and he ate seven punches, lost his shoe, didn't drop one drop of beer though, Oh okay, it was incredible, an incredible feet by an incredible man. He gets knocked on his back, still hold onto the beer, gets out Texas sip of the beer seems unfazed by it all. I don't either he was really drunk or he's just a freak. So pretty great, pretty great video. Respect to that guy. Sports blog page today, Thank you.
Speaker 1: What are we doing next hour? Oh suburb of summer Sisloer. Oh yeah, buddy, we're boobs rock golf tournament pit tickets to thirty seconds to Mars. Guys, you gotta do what you can, man, you gotta stay with us this whole eight o'clock hour, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show bus ninety four or five. The buzz a lot of talk about Some forty one right now. They're coming to town and they have told us that it's going to be their last tour. And some forty one is calling equits. Do we now know why some forty one is calling aquits? Is it part two? Is it part two of Derek Whibley's journey now? And will he become the lead singer of Lincoln Park. There's a Derek Whibley announcement tomorrow. According to some forty one's socials, it's weird and there is a countdown clock on all the Lincoln Park socials and on Lincoln Park's website that there is a countdown to something that happens tomorrow. Can you imagine if this, if this isn't the truth, can you imagine if their countdown clock, Like, how much is Mike Schanoda freaking out? If it's just you know, he's got something he's gotta new check out this, check out this new solo. Check out this new solo.
Speaker 4: OLB my god, you know, oh man, I think he knows better than to do that to the fans.
Speaker 1: It's it's our fault. And here's where I'm just going to bring up something that just recently happened. Everyone was walking around thinking Beyonce was playing the DNC and she never played, and because because TMZ said that they had it on good they had it on good authority that she was going to be playing, And then people made it up in their minds. They're watching their waiting and then the DNC, the Democratic National Convention ends on the final day. No Beyonce, What the hell? What happened? Beyonce's people said, we were never playing that, but everyone made it up in their minds that it was going to happen. Are we doing that right now?
Speaker 3: I hope not?
Speaker 1: Are we doing that.
Speaker 6: It's too perfect, like there was like Beyonce leaked, like, hey, announcement coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, CMC is wild for going with that. He had to be a trusted story.
Speaker 1: People could be saying The Rod Ryan Show was wild for going with yesterday.
Speaker 4: I know, but we have like honestly, we're not TMZ like we are. Some people are saying we are source.
Speaker 1: Trust me, Bro, you say we're below or above below TMC.
Speaker 5: None of the credit.
Speaker 1: Wills have to wait, we do if that countdown clock is correct, I'm sure it is. That's not gonna happen on our watch. It's gonna happen in the afternoon tomorrow. We text me maybe Derek Wibley will go early. They won't allow that.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: They won't allow that. So they'll they'll they'll respect the countdown clock. It looks like it's one two o'clock tomorrow. That it iss and uh stop And then it's like, hey, bro, we can't trust you. You're out. Here's our first fight. What does this mean? Rod rob Ryan's Show, the booms Rock Golf Tournament. Everything you need to know early on, which means you can still sign up, which means it's not sold out yet. Jilli just put this sucker lives up on links and guests. You can sign up for The Rod Ryan Show twenty twenty four Boobs Rock Golf Tournament. It's October fifteenth, It's at Wildcat Golf Club. It's a noon shotgun start. And our friends Doke and Cisi from Admiral Transfer and Rigging already came in as the title sponsor, so we got some money rolling in already. So Douke and Ceci are the best. Thank you guys so much. But we need everything else. We need food, and we need booze sponsors and kart sponsors and whole sponsors. And you think we just have this built in by now.
Speaker 3: No, you gotta start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: When people asked me like, hey, Rod, I was thinking about maybe doing a golf tournament. Wait hang a sing.
Speaker 7: I love that part.
Speaker 1: People say, hey, man, you know I'm thinking about doing a golf tournament. Like why why? How are you gonna get people to go where you gonna? Where you gonna do? You have that many friends? You know, many people you need for a golf tournament. I have a radio show and sometimes we're struggling. Now this one sells out. Our golf tournaments have been selling out quickly.
Speaker 4: Say, our golf tournaments are unlike any then or thing I've been asked to partake it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're still pretty wild.
Speaker 3: And I've done goat milking contests like this is out there.
Speaker 1: Guys, volunteers, sponsorships. I need golfers get in while they getting is good. If you've heard me talk about the rod Ryan Show golf tournaments, there's two a year. Now, you hear about how much fun they are. You here, it's nothing but a party on a golf course, and you said, you know what someday I'd like to play in that? Make today the someday that you do something about it. All the information Chili has it for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Let's take a break and let's meet our sissl or people. Okay, we're going to talk to Elvin. We're going to talk to clear Lake. Winner advances to the final four. We sizzle after this Houston Alternative.
Speaker 7: And tell them at the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Me Happy tat Tuesday everybody the Boobs Rock Golf tournament. All the information is now on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Calling your comrades, girls, boys, dudes, chicks, let's play. Let's play golf together and raise some money boobs Rock style, meaning all that money's going to go to breast cancer research. Right here at MD Anderson forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today cloudy Hive around ninety. But you got that's trending here.
Speaker 3: Alex tell people who Greg Swindle is, the former.
Speaker 4: ASTROS pitcher Not I guess, not that that popular, but he was in the news cycle yesterday and today because he had gone on the X and said that his daughter had disappeared near Austin and there was like a look for her. They were searching for her, and then this morning he said she has been found. That's all we have for now. Thank you to everyone, and I mean everyone who helped in the pros. So there aren't a ton of details, but we know that a search was underway for Brenna, who was lasting when her ex boyfriend on Thursday last Thursday, and she had been missing since then, so it was unusual that she hadn't been in contact with her family, and so he said effet and went to social media and was like, my daughter is missing.
Speaker 3: And then this morning he reported that she had been found. So wanted to mention that because it didn't happen close to us.
Speaker 4: Also, does anyone know what a honey juice is? It is the US opens drink. It's like, you know what do they sell at.
Speaker 1: The horse races, the mint Jewli? Yeah, Kentucky Derby. This is the signature drinker.
Speaker 5: Ye, strawberries and cream at Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So every like big fun Sie supporting event sometimes they'll have their own signature drink.
Speaker 3: And the US Opens one is the Honey Deuce. It's the top selling one.
Speaker 4: It's really just gray goose, a little bit of shamboard and lemonade. And they do like little melon balls as tennis balls, like a skewer of little melon balls. Okay, so when it's started its inception, like when they first started telling them in twenty twelve, it only cost fourteen dollars and people were just taking a look at this inflation chart on the Honeyduce. It'll cost you twenty three dollars if you're at the US open to get this drink that is mostly ice, honestly, So, honey, deucee trending.
Speaker 3: And then what was the other thing? Oh no, I clicked out of It's I clicked out of the trend. Oh oh no, I've got it.
Speaker 1: I've got it.
Speaker 3: You were just talking about remakes.
Speaker 4: The story of rock and roll legend Richie Vallens is heading back to the big screen. Variety is saying there's going to be a remake of the Golden Globe nominated nineteen eighty seven film Love BOMBA So.
Speaker 1: Well, they're going to remake it or they're going to reimagine because you know, maybe in this one, I don't know, maybe in this one he lives.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Maybe the director just gets wild hope.
Speaker 4: You know, the writer and director of the original film will be involved on the project. He will be the executive producer. So I don't think you're going to see those mean tweets you saw with the Crow remake of Director.
Speaker 7: But that's.
Speaker 1: Like this, you can just do like Quentin Tarantino, doesn't care about history. You just put out a movie. It's like Buddy Holly still around the big Bopper is still around. Nobody died in the plane. You know, Oh, this is sneaky Pete. I never thought. Okay, Kristin first Christian or Christian, I keep scoring it up. Good morning, Good morning Christian with a K ride Christian with a K Christian? How did you get here? How did you get here? To the Great eight? My friend.
Speaker 8: Won both games.
Speaker 13: First game accidentally.
Speaker 8: Took the second song, but still won it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second game was yellow card. Okay, you know, sneaky Pete's just been sliding in here, but he hasn't done anything. Pete, Yeah I heard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good morning brother, you.
Speaker 1: Haven't done anything. You're you're in the Sweet sixteen. They called me sneaky Pete. He is sneaky Pete.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I cannot wait for this matchup beside myself, Chillie.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear from the guy that never showed up from Alvin, Texas and we had to get Pete as a backup?
Speaker 10: Never?
Speaker 1: I have never heard, because he didn't show up after he had won a game and then boom, he was just absent. He wasn't there, So then we plugged in Pete and Pete didn't do anything. He just slid right into the Grade eight. He could slide into the Final four with cash and tickets to the anniversary show.
Speaker 5: Lucky guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never heard from that, Albany. I can't wait. All right, Kristin, you're reading Christian We're gonna play in three minutes and forty seconds. Pete, get your mind writing? You practicing? What are you doing? I've been practicing every day, practicing?
Speaker 7: What practicing?
Speaker 1: What your golf swing? Are you listening to any songs in that practice?
Speaker 3: All right, Pete? Not practicing? Fete?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'm with you, Tessa. I'm so looking forward to this matchup because people are gonna lose their mind if he goes to the final four. Yeah, people are gonna lose their ever loving mind. And it could happen in three minutes and forty seconds. The fall of Summer has become.
Speaker 10: If you were listening to The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Nickelback and How You Remind Me Rob Ryan Show on this Chat Tuesday, still to come this hour. I know we're getting ready and everybody's excited. I'm so excited. About this matchup, just because of the craziness of it and how it all came to be. But I do have pit tickets to thirty seconds to Mars Thursday night, so sit tight. We'll get those in there at some point this hour. We'll leave you with some stuff from the Houston Zoo. I know the show today, but I suppose I should just make sure that everybody is completely caught up on what is happening. If you go look at the brackets for the suburb Summer Sissler brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union for a fourth amazing summer in a row. They gave us six thousand dollars to give to you. You make it to the final four, you get two hundred and fifty dollars cash. You win the whole thing five grand. Okay. Some dude from Alvin was picked to play in the first round of the brackets, and he won, and he made it to the next level, never to be heard from again. So once the brackets are you need, what are you gonna do? Yeah, So Chilli went and plugged in somebody from Alvin that just didn't have to play and perform in the first round played in the second round didn't answer squat. Now he's in the Great eight. His name is Sneaky Pete said he knew it. Remember, oh yeah, he goes, Oh I knew that. Hih Sneaky Peete. Good morning brother. Are we caught up on you right now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I look going on the guys, we love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, Kristen, Christian has been getting it done. He's been guessing the songs. He's been earning it. He's been working, he's been grinding. He's been grinding day in and day out. Everything I asked of Christian he has done. He's guessed the songs right. He's representing clearly Christian. Welcome, Welcome, Good morning brother, Rod. You're gonna let Sneaky Pete take two hundred and fifty dollars cash from you and tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twenty anniversary party? Is that what you're gonna do here?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 13: I'm not letting him have.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, the only thing left to do is play the game, Alex? Can I do it?
Speaker 5: Buddy?
Speaker 1: Can I get a song? Sure? Can Can I get like the version that everyone knows? Can I can? I? You know?
Speaker 3: All those versions?
Speaker 1: What the hell is that?
Speaker 7: Alex?
Speaker 1: Like play.
Speaker 3: The actual version of It's the same thing is als limewied.
Speaker 1: Good luck, boys, Lord knows what you're about to hear. This is Game twenty six. I'm listening for Pete. I'm listening for Christian. Shout out your name. When you think you know the name of the artist and the name of the band, you'll have three seconds after I call on you. Pete, you ready, I'm ready, Sneaky Pete, Christian, You're ready. Good Third, Good luck, guys, winners getting cash and tickets. Here comes your song. Give you this st Christian, Christian.
Speaker 12: Three, gimme world, sweep miit one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh you.
Speaker 1: Got you got you got you got it. Hell, Oh my god. I thought Sneaky Pete was winning. I thought Sneaky Peep I dude, Christian clutch, absolute clutch, baby, yeah baby today. But Pete knew it, right, Pete, here's where you say, Oh, that was easy. I knew that. No, I'm not gonna say I knew it right away. But I knew it. He was in the back of my mind.
Speaker 3: It was back there, somewhere, somewhere, Hey, Pete.
Speaker 5: No more back there.
Speaker 1: But the Christian was little, he was fast. So it's good luck to him in the finals. All right, well, sneaking Pete. You were fun and you know what I mean with all the ball breaking that's been going on with you, dude, thanks for filling in and keeping the brackets going. Thank you, so thank you.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, no problem, anytime.
Speaker 1: I'll be back next year. Okay, dude, I hope so, I hope. So the winner of two hundred and fifty dollars cash is Christian because he's in the final four. Two hundred and fifty dollars cash. And I'm gonna give you some tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. My many their thanks. You got a couple more games in yeah.
Speaker 8: You think, yeah, gotta keep stressing the practice.
Speaker 1: I guess I go click, you said, Jimmy World, and I'm like, he's not going to get it. He's not gonna get it. He's not going to get it. It was good, dude. I'm very I'm impressed with your play. I'm really really there's a couple of really good players that are hanging around.
Speaker 3: Now we're counting him down kind of fast.
Speaker 1: I was like, Sunday two, I'm just about we just got it in.
Speaker 7: No, he knew it.
Speaker 3: When you're doing at that bus, you gotta know it.
Speaker 1: Way to go, Christian, Where to go? Bro, See you at the party too, Man League City, Montrose Tomorrow, same station, same time. Those are chili peppers on the Buzz before five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan' show, red hot chili peppers around the world. Hey, if you need any information about the Boos Rock Golf Tournament, that's right, that was announced today. It is up on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. You can go check out the brackets for the suburb Summer Sizzler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. All the information about the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. I did say we're gonna do something fun on the air tomorrow. I asked Chili yesterday if he was still up for having fun. He told me yes, He said he likes having fun. He said, well, I don't know. Sometimes you hear him and he's like, okay, maybe his fun days are, you know, in the rear view mirror. He said he's up for having some fun. So I said that we were going to give away what did I say? A lot of tickets, block of tickets. A chunk of tickets. What's a chunk of tickets, Rod, I think twenty pair of tickets is a good chunk.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot. That's a thick boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I thought we would maybe do something on the air tomorrow. I thought we'd do something a part of the radio show tomorrow. People are wanting some specifics out of me, and I'm not giving them. Sorry, I'm That's where I'm sitting on that. Okay, I do have some pit tickets coming up for you. I just wanted to run this by Alex because I saw a meme that was made that said this was going to happen, and then history was made in Major League baseball.
Speaker 5: Dude, Danny Jansen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Danny Jansen made Major League Baseball history yesterday. He was the first player in history to play for both teams in a single game. If you've ever watched anybody that's watched any baseball you've seen a guy in the middle of a game have to leave because he got traded to another team. That happens. I mean, it's it's wild how common that is. You could be in the middle of a game and then all of a sudden you got to go. You've been traded. So back in June, Danny Jansen was the catcher for the Toronto Blue Jays. They were playing the Boston Red Sox. That game was suspended due to weather top of the second inning. But he started that game as a Toronto Blue Jay, okay, while he was in the middle of an at bat. Oh, he was in the middle of an at bat and the game got okay, So the game got canceled or postpone suspended in the second inning. So that game was resumed last night, Danny had been traded to Boston. He was behind the plate. He's the catcher for the Red Sox now when the game restarted, technically it's the same game. He played for both teams in the same game yesterday. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's cool. He started while they were pinch hitting. Yeah, for where he was batting.
Speaker 1: When he was catching that he was okay, So that's what that means. So technically he was catching his own at bat because somebody had to fill in for him. You got to pick up right where you left off on that game.
Speaker 6: So they were like, well, since he's on a team that you got to send in a pinch hitter. Yes, whatever the count was, it's got to be that guy's count. And now he's the catcher.
Speaker 1: And the guy that went in for him struck out. Yeah, all right, first time ever a major league player played for Wild both teams in the same game. But I don't see that ever happening again. Well, who knows, But jeez, that's wild. That is awesome. It's just a cool thing when history has made. Let's give away these pit passes here, so I've.
Speaker 3: Got pit passes to see.
Speaker 4: Thirty seconds to Mars and AFI they're playing Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: I'll take call her. Ten seven one, Good luck Houston and.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, coming up on the nine o'clock hour, we okay about ten after about ten twelve after we'll get you texting to win that thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeart Radio Music Festival that's coming up. We're gonna leave you with some great stuff from the Houston Zoo today on the show. I got a couple of things that I want to talk about at the nine o'clock hour. I'd like you to stick around. Did you look up anybody with the university the Koog's tickets? Yep? Today first sports, we did. Okay, you did that early this morning. Okay, Alex has got football tickets all week. Forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms clouding today. Highs of around ninety testa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: During a speech to the National Guard Conference in Destroy yesterday, former President Donald Trump introduced a new supporter. Former Democrat congressman and lieutenant colonel in the Iraq War, Tulsi Gabbard walked onto the stage. She spoke with the crowd about their shared values for a few minutes, and then asked the crowd to join her in supporting Trump for president. Now, if you didn't know, Tulci Gabbard is a former Hawaii representative. She was formerly the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee, and she left the party in twenty twenty twenty two. So it's a pretty significant endorsement. And that was really the big story yesterday. Meanwhile, here in Houston, tragedy has hit one of our local universities.
Speaker 3: Over at Rice.
Speaker 4: A student is dead following an apparent murder suicide on campus.
Speaker 3: It was the first day of the fall semester yesterday.
Speaker 4: And the university police says officers found junior Andreo Rodriguez Avila dead from a gunshot wound. She was inside her residence hall at Jones College yesterday afternoon. A man believed to be her boyfriend was found dead nearby from an apparent self inflicted wound. A note found that the scene indicated troubles in the couple's relationship. I know that the university has flown her family in, her parents in from Maryland, which is where she is from.
Speaker 3: They're also providing counselor.
Speaker 4: Services on the university campus today. But classes were canceled yesterday after there was like a shelter in place. Issued classes, campus activities, they've been canceled for today.
Speaker 3: So so sad.
Speaker 4: So the Rice community grieving. Yeah, I definitely want to check on your Rice family over there. Let's talk about O. J. Simpson says something that is pretty wild. His lawyer says that his remains because he was cremated. O. J. Simpson passed away, it's cremated.
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 3: His remains have been made into cremation jewelry.
Speaker 4: Okay, Apparently the cremation jewelry has been given to his four kids. He has four kids from He has two from Nicole Brown Simpson, who was murdered by someone the lays the law says, not him.
Speaker 3: Then he has two older kids from his first wife, Margain Reed.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's pretty interesting, Like do these kids even want the jewelry? Are they gonna wear it? Do they think their dad was guilty? I mean, that's you don't know, that's just.
Speaker 5: Not me honestly.
Speaker 1: Do we know what kind of jewelry? I mean, I guess think you.
Speaker 3: Got to get to the blog page or TMZ for.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be like a phony diamond, right, like a stone compressed.
Speaker 3: I don't know what cremation jewelry looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would think that would turn that into a stone. Maybe not. It's not like it's gonna be a ring or something. A medallion. An oj OJ medallion.
Speaker 5: Should make it like his fantasy team, his fantasy league that he left, like the championship ring.
Speaker 1: I think that's what OJ medallion, little OJ statues.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, We'll talk about Kerry Underwood. Guys.
Speaker 4: She just dropped her teaser for twenty twenty four Sunday Night football. So if you've been waiting all day for Sunday nights, this will get you pretty fired up for the official season, which kicks off on Thursday, September fifth. Our first Sunday full of NFL football is on the and Carrie will be there pumping us up.
Speaker 3: Rod just wants to see what she's gonna wear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's a preview. We got a link up. There's a preview.
Speaker 4: So you see the stems I'm assuming, yeah, stems are stemming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks great.
Speaker 7: She does.
Speaker 3: She looks she sounds great. She always sounds great. Let's ask ourselves a question. Is some forty one's Derek Whibley the new Lincoln Park singer?
Speaker 4: So Lincoln Park fans have been fueled with excitement since last Saturday because on all Lincoln Park socials there there is a countdown timer.
Speaker 3: It's a serious clock. It's on their website.
Speaker 4: It's set to expire tomorrow, and fans immediately are speculated like, okay, are we getting a new vocalist or even a reunion tour. According to a report by bill Board, Mike Shanoda, Brad Delson, and Dave Ferrell are involved. In planning this perhaps venture that would tour at various festivals. These are all just sources saying this. Okay, they're fielding offers.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: This anticipation is growing higher and higher because some forty one is urging. They're fans on social media like, hey, we have a Derek Whibley announcement.
Speaker 3: People are like, okay, these two.
Speaker 1: Things are happening on the same day.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: And Derek has sang for them before? Can I read a comment from Facebook?
Speaker 11: Of course?
Speaker 1: Of course, Ryan, Obviously they're talking about this on Facebook and everybody has got different feelings about it. I want Lincoln Park to continue, Ryan says, but not with him. There are far better options. Corey chimes in as Ryan's comment, I'm sure Lincoln Park is reading this comment and we'll make sure he is swiftly pulled from the lineup.
Speaker 5: We don't know that they aren't.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, if we're talking ruvers, maybe Lincoln Park is reading that.
Speaker 1: We don't know. You got a clip, Yeah, this is from him.
Speaker 5: This was some one with Mike Shannoda.
Speaker 1: This is Derek Whibley singing. I remember playing this clip on the air. I had no idea that Derek Whibley could do that. Yeah, I didn't know. It's gotta be the announcement tomorrow. Hut what else could it be? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be Derek Whibley announcement.
Speaker 5: Would have been some forty one band announcement coming tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Derek got a haircut, dude.
Speaker 5: People be so mad.
Speaker 6: What's up in sports yeastro It's out of the Phillies three to two and extras. Last night Philadelphia's Bryce Harper had a walk off hit in the bottom of the ten billing. They'll play the Phillies again this evening justin Berlin. That's gonna be on the mountain for the show is going up against Philadelphia's Aaron Nola First Pictures at five forty.
Speaker 5: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Rock and alternative Fair Us.
Speaker 7: To The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. We'll get your texting to win that thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeart Ready Music Festival, and that's coming up in just a little bit forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. High around of around ninety today with some clouds in the air. What else, Tomorrow, we're gonna do something fun with some Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary passes. We're gonna give away a chunk of tickets, a block of tickets. I'm thinking about twenty pair of tickets would be good to give away tomorrow at some point during the four hour program. And that's all I'm telling you. That's it. You know that the twentieth aniversary party is going down in October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. Now you know about the boobs Rock Golf tournament as well, that's on links and guests. Chilie's got information about the boob Rock Car Show. All of that stuff is on links and guests. All right, I would okay, this is something that I noticed today. When I'm putting together the Looking at Girls blog page. The last thing I do is kind of scan to see if there's any birthdays that I need to include on the Looking at Girls blog page. I went We're at Retro with Barbara Bach, his Ringo star's wife. She was in the James She was a bond girl back in the day. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. But then I noticed that Aaron Paul was having a birthday. He's forty five. He played Jesse on Breaking Bad, and that's it. Why isn't he huge? Aaron Paul was phenomenal on Breaking Bad. I know not everybody watched it, and I know that everybody knows who Brian Cranston is, and those guys are pals. They got a liquor together and stuff. Why isn't Aaron Paul huge after Breaking Bad? Why? Why didn't Jack Horseman m okay?
Speaker 3: So he was in Westworld?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Boones, Yeah, I know he's worked. Why isn't he huge?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 1: Why isn't he huge? I'm sure he's had jobs.
Speaker 3: Maybe he just likes his little jobs.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you want just BoJack Horseman to be what you do after like one of the TV series of all time, And not only was he he wasn't writing the coattails of that series. He was a part of what made it great.
Speaker 5: Didn't do Broadway or something like that, like stage acting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he's a true artiste.
Speaker 1: Who else know?
Speaker 6: Cranston does that too, So I feel like that's why there's such tight buddies.
Speaker 1: So I started thinking, who else did you think was going to be huge? You know who I thought was gonna be huge in a goofy way? Stiffler Chinda was and then it just faded and.
Speaker 3: Was my car because.
Speaker 1: I always drew a parallel between him and Spacoli, Okay, and those two characters were so strong in there, and they were they they were a character that was of their time. And obviously Stiffler didn't turn into what Spacoli turned into. He did roll?
Speaker 5: Was it his role models?
Speaker 1: Was it with Paul Rudd who did a bunch of movies?
Speaker 5: And that was but it seemed like he was.
Speaker 1: He worked with the rock. Yeah, he worked with the rock, but he didn't exactly become Sean Penn. Did he?
Speaker 3: No, but those are big gigs, but he hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: But but tell me the last time you saw Stiffler.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty good all things considered. He's just Stiffler and then he gets to work with a rock.
Speaker 1: But not huge. Stiffler's not huge. You don't even know his name. He's not huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean William Scott, Sewan William Scott did anybody.
Speaker 1: Nobody from American Pie became huge. Nobody.
Speaker 5: I mean, Jason Biggs was in Orange is the New Black, but it wasn't his show.
Speaker 1: You got it. You gotta look at the term huge.
Speaker 6: Mom lev Eugene Levy, Eugene les Creek, yep.
Speaker 1: And Stiffler's mom.
Speaker 3: Stiffer's mom was huge.
Speaker 6: She was actually he's still going, but the kids had She had a resurgence recently.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't a launching pad for any of the kids.
Speaker 5: And Redhead How I met you mind?
Speaker 1: She went on to do a TV show for a very successful TV show for a while. Alison again, yeah, you know, you know who should have been huge? And now that I'm watching him on Cobra, Kai is Billy's Abka. I don't know why. He was this ultimate eighties Oh he's He's Johnny Sweep the Leg Johnny Billy's abka. He was this eighties bad boy and he was in the nerds, and he was in back to school and he was kind of like, I mean, he hasn't even had like a James Spader career, but he was like an eighties iconic kind of guy in a bunch of movies. And then he just went away. And then when you see him acting in Cobra Kai, he's awesome. Why did anybody use him for stuff? I think he's good, he's in shape, and he actually he's he acts really good.
Speaker 4: They always wanted him to play a bullied character and he said he was trying to step.
Speaker 5: Out of that.
Speaker 1: Dude, take it, take what you can.
Speaker 6: All the people in the show Lost, they were like four or five people in Lost. I thought that we're gonna be just stars. The Josh Holloway, I think, Sawyer and that, and then I think he got like killed by a rattlesnake and Yellowstone. But like I thought he was gonna be like because he was kind of like a good looking actor. I was like, that guy is gonna be like the heart throbbed dude. And then the guy played Jack, I thought was gonna take off the female there.
Speaker 5: I never really did anything. Kate didn't really end up turning anything. And I also thought, I know that Harry Potter was big, but I thought Emma Watson was going to just be on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not huge.
Speaker 5: I thought that everybody knows who she is.
Speaker 6: I thought she was going to distance herself from Harry Potter and be like, I'm going to be an actress and do all this. And then she went into more like political stuff. So I think she still is in the spotlight.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she's super smart's like fighting for rights for women, gender equality.
Speaker 1: Now, I just thought Aaron Paul would be like a household name and he would be in huge movies, you know, Oppenheimer. Maybe he'd be the second guy in Oppenheimer or whatever. It's just he's I don't for some reason, he's not being used and he's great. Happy birthday, Aaron Paul. I'm rooting for you, bro. I don't think you need our help, but I'm just hoping that he gets like a huge role in something. Man, he's so good, so talented. All Right, you want some cash, you want a trip ninety four or five the buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show on a tat Tuesday. All Right, I'm gonna go look after Alex is done. I'm going to look at the damn tattoos. So I haven't looked at it yet. You got a little AOL action I do.
Speaker 7: Let's go right into it online.
Speaker 1: It's Alex online.
Speaker 4: The muss.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got?
Speaker 6: I got a little game for you to play today to pass some time. It's called Astro al Paka. It's pretty simple. You use your mouse or your finger if you're playing on your mobile and you are in alpaca floating through space, avoid space degree while trying to eat as much lettuce as you can, because everybody knows that outpacas love lettuce.
Speaker 3: They love it.
Speaker 6: Very simple game to see how how you can get your score When you get hit by the space degree, start over and see if you can beat the previous score.
Speaker 5: That's all you gotta do. It's a pretty easy way to kill some time today. Go check it out. Astro al Packet the Road, finish ridem dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan celebrating twenty.
Speaker 9: Years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that four five buzz the Buzz. That's what we can call our Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. We can call that the Lunatic Ball. I'm listening to the lyrics.
Speaker 7: I'm like, how does.
Speaker 1: One just come up with lyrics like that? I mean, Brent is just such a great songwriter. Brenton Zach are gonna be here, performing unplugged at our Lunatic Ball. We call it the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. It's October twelfth at the Carbox Brewery and we're gonna do something fun tomorrow on the show. We're gonna give away a big old chunk of tickets. I'm thinking about twenty pair would be good. That's crazy, Roy, I do feel it's a little logo, but that's okay, okay, it's it's it's our Lunatic Ball. So Brenton Zach from Shindown are going to be there, Jacob Nole from Some Line Blue October, Justin and Ryan are going to be there. Tyler, Dave and Joe Theory of a Dead Man are gonna come by, Scott Stevens from the Xe's. They're all going to be performing acoustic. Of course, we're just gonna hearty that day. Doors open at three o'clock. It is all ages. You have to listen all day to win your way in. You have to win your way in and a big chunk of tickets given away tomorrow. I had a pull question up all morning long. We kind of abandoned it because we got so busy. Oh yeah, how many times do you actually talk on the phone on an average day. Test. I know you call your dad every day, so that's amazing. You're good for one phone call at least. Okay, do you call people just to Hey, just checking in outside of your dad? Hey, just calling the chick chat on the phone.
Speaker 3: So I leave voice notes a lot for my close friends.
Speaker 4: But now that I work at Houston Life, I have to book to like two's interviews per week, so those are the really the only calls I make and their work calls. Yeah, so like as far as personal calls besides my dad, No, I leave voice notes for my friends because it kind of lets us like talk at our leisure. We're not glued to the phone because we're all usually kind of doing something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like an audio text message basically. How many times are you making phone calls Alex?
Speaker 5: In the last month with my cable internet company, it's been daily.
Speaker 1: But usually do you have any dude friends that you call and you just talk on the phone to catch up on things?
Speaker 6: Not like regularly, but sometimes like my friend Jacob that I was a roommates with, he was in mile of meet before. Uh, like I'll send Jacob something I see and he'll text me back and then he'll just call me when he's on his way home one day and I'll just catch up him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two months of like, oh hey, how you been man?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 3: Are you making calls on?
Speaker 1: I would say maybe like one a day. Well, so, I mean London's not with me full time. So I talked to London on the phone. I got to talk to my mom, check in with her, got check in with my sister. But it's not I mean I can go a day without making a phone call easily. Yeah, I mean easily that it's not going to happen. My kid's going to get her own phone soon. Yes, I'll just believe it at that. I'll believe it at that, text me the number. But yeah no, But but you were years ago, you wouldn't think of going through a day without making a phone call. But because we have so many other ways and means of communication that people aren't making phone calls as much as they are. How many times do you actually talk on the phone on an average day? Is my question? On the X forty eight percent of our audience one to three times. Yeah, that's me right there, And I didn't I didn't specify whether it was work or whatever. I'm just talking about picking up the phone and talking to a human being on the phone. That counts. So if it's a work call, that counts forty eight percent of our audience one to three times, nineteen percent of the audience four to seven. These are actual talking on the phone. On an average day, almost seventeen percent of our audience none, no calls. So this article came out and that's what made me think about it. Two thousand people were asked what's the most acceptable reason for calling someone over texting in twenty twenty four. Number one is a general chat if you just want to catch up, It's tough man, nobody. It's when My first thought when the phone rings is ugh, how intrusive?
Speaker 7: What now?
Speaker 1: I mean? So this is this is how else I live my life. My whole property is gated in. Okay. I can't even imagine somebody walking up to my front porch and ringing the doorbell. What that's insane to me? Same thing about a call coming in, like what what needs to be said that you couldn't text me?
Speaker 4: I like messages so you can be as detailed as you want or as vague.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like these are the details.
Speaker 1: General chat is the most acceptable reason for calling someone instead of texting in twenty twenty four, next up to inform someone of a death. Okay, it goes from that to thatke like death. You're not texting somebody about somebody dying, you call them. Yeah, wow, I mean that's a big d from general chatting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say so.
Speaker 1: The difference between one and two is huge. There to show support when someone's going through a rough time, to wish them a happy birthday, and when you're running late, they say it's an acceptable time to call over texting, right.
Speaker 4: Because people are looking for you, So boom, there you are. You're calling Hey, I'm inn route, but I'm a little late.
Speaker 1: The average adult in twenty twenty four, this is telling spends five and a half minutes on the five and a half minutes a day on the actual phone talk. Like that's how long total you're on the phone every day?
Speaker 4: I got talking my dad and I go we go to like twelve to seventeen minutes, but sometimes we'll talk for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have a little silly girlfriend in high school and you're up all night. You're talking for like two or three hours.
Speaker 5: You never what the hell did you?
Speaker 1: What did I talk about?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine you're not with them. I talk for a living. I can't even imagine talking on the phone for fifteen minutes right now, What are you gonna say?
Speaker 6: If it's not a parent, you can talk to your parent for fifteen minutes. But most of them, yeah, the rest of that, you're like, okay, yeah, because parents.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about their aches and pains, the pain in the ass, their arm's hurting.
Speaker 3: I called Travis. I'm like, what are you doing? He's like, I'm at work, Like okay, what else? Like let me just text us, just like chat a little bit.
Speaker 1: You want to talk. I want to talk to your boyfriend?
Speaker 7: I do? I do?
Speaker 1: You want to hear his voice? And you're nothing.
Speaker 5: You're twirling the corner in your fingers.
Speaker 1: You're calding him with nothing to say.
Speaker 5: He's on her bed.
Speaker 3: You want to know, like what are we doing for dinner?
Speaker 5: Because I want to see when you can't text that?
Speaker 1: No, Oh my lord, this is my hell, this is my nightmare. He's The rod Ling Show on ninety four to five, device ran show on a Tattuesday. I did check out the tattooesday. It's awesome, so great Lin today probably number one link. There's a lot of extra stories on that Looking at Girls blog page today. I think some one hundred year old chick jumped out of an airplane. What Yeah. And then there's another story. I can't remember what her job was, but this gal she quit her job and she said, you know what eth it, I'm gonna be a Hooters girl that got away from me. I'm gonna go do it now because I didn't do it when I was younger. There's some really good stories on the Looking at Girls blog page today. Let's make sure you go and you check that out.
Speaker 3: All right, Hooters were down bad though maybe she goes to O hosts U. No, she he twin Peak.
Speaker 1: She actually went to hooterspe.
Speaker 3: I hope it's a busy one because I know the one I liked. She just close.
Speaker 1: I worked at Hooters. What would you do? I washed dishes, jackass, I cooked.
Speaker 3: I worked Shooters for one day.
Speaker 1: I worked for I worked for about six almost a year, almost a year. But every guy will say, oh, what'd you do? Do you wait tables? But yeah, short, you can't be a guy and say that you worked at Hooters without some dick standing around and saying did you wait? Tables? U chat MC. If you tell me what you're planning to do with those anniversary tickets tomorrow and a time, I'll tell you what Lincoln Park's announcement is. But you have to tell me first, Okay.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have inside information on that Lincoln Park announcement. The big speculation is Derek Whibley. If you believe the internet, I do believe the internet in this case, maybe Derek Whibley's going to be announced the forty one singer. Maybe he's going to be announced as the new singer of Lincoln Park tomorrow. If you're counting down on that clock, that doesn't that information is not coming until tomorrow afternoon. So we're gonna have to sit here and struggle all morning long too. Or will there be a leak? Will there be some sort of I mean there's already clearly some leak already. Does the leak get leakier by the time I'm hoping?
Speaker 7: So? Do we?
Speaker 1: I mean, is it just leaking?
Speaker 5: Is it a full on frequently?
Speaker 1: Is it just a huge like just a hole in the boat. Tomorrow when we're on.
Speaker 3: The area, sink sink, suck at that ship.
Speaker 1: All right, what are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I have a four pack of passes to the Houston Zoo. Now I want you to know something. The Birds of the World Exhibit is opening. It's brand new. It's opening this Friday, August thirtieth. There are three spacious habitats highlighting birds from the African Savannah, the North American Woodlands and South American Wetlands region.
Speaker 3: Houston Zoo dot org if you'd like more information. Also, Houston Life will be lived from there. Today.
Speaker 1: My favorite radio show this morning told me that birds don't fart. Yeah, my favorite radio station, my favorite show on the radio told me that this morning. So you can go, Okay, we got tickets coming up for you. On the full bit of break. Test is going to ask you a question for Ques.
Speaker 2: And the rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's it, guys, We've got one last bit of business to get to. What's you giving away there?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I have the four pack of passes to the Houston Zoo. They have a new Birds of the World exhibit opening this Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, well, what's your question going to be?
Speaker 3: Well, what are OJ's kids getting as gifts?
Speaker 1: We've got some listeners doing this as well, the parents.
Speaker 3: I've read some of these emails.
Speaker 1: I was, I was sent a few people that said, yeah, this is our path with our parents, what we have, what's going to happen with them?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, Hey Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 7: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four.
Speaker 12: Five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right for the second time today, Why we had two of those today. Man, put my headphones on from the Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Job. I'll hope you're off to a great start to your day. The Tattooesday feature is exceptional. The Looking at Girls blog page is phenomenal, phenomenal today, phenomenal. A lot of people go and went to go check that out, So thank.
Speaker 7: You for that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. That's that's the blog page that we probably put in the most work on. Oh I got an email. So if you were listening to the suburb of Summer Sissler today, it was Christian from clear Lake. Take it on, Sneaky Pete from Alvin. The Alvin guy dropped off the face of the earth.
Speaker 3: Could not locate this man.
Speaker 1: And the night before we didn't have anybody to play, so Pete was going to always be the backup. And then Pete just got to just float through the tournament all the way up until today's game, and Sneaky Pete lost. This morning, I got a email from Brent Meadows from Elvin, Texas. Read it a savs subject stinky Pete. Okay, I gifted this guy a spot in the Sizzler and that's the performance we get. Oh, well, I'll be back next year. I'm still technically undefeated. Where have you been?
Speaker 4: What went on that you couldn't play that day? That's the tea, Bran. Don't send us your comments on Pete.
Speaker 3: I want to know what happened to you.
Speaker 1: I have a million questions for that guy. Why we never heard from him, nothing, He didn't tell me anything. He's just criticizing Sneaky Pete, calling him stinky Pete.
Speaker 5: Now kind of funny.
Speaker 1: It is funny. It is funny, I guess, but what the hell happened to you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He's got to move too, you that yeah? Right? Him and Pepe maybe him and Peeking check up.
Speaker 3: Yeah they could be roobates.
Speaker 1: Go from Alvin, you can. That's a good down to Galveston together, just live by the sea. This show on ninety four five the bus l l la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Yeah, you can't come back in my life and don't just offer up a bunch of things that you know. I'm going to ask you, like, where the f have you been? All right, let's go, let's move on. This is called no the show. David says he wants to play. Hi David, Hey, what's how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: On average? During a day? How many times are you actually talking on the phone? I know you're you're good for one call to me right now? What's what's your average the end of the day? Is it one or two calls? Is it four to seven? Eight or more? A day? Phone calls?
Speaker 9: It quite eight or more?
Speaker 1: Eight or more? Phone? I'm the driver, yes, okay, yeah, he's driving. Okay, Well, listen, let's see how well you were paying attention today testing your question.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me what O. J. Simpson's children got his gifts.
Speaker 1: They got jewelry made out of OJ.
Speaker 3: Jeweler Nation. Jewelry is the thing.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: I know that they can press these things and they can make diamonds, so you can make a diamond out of one of your loved ones. But they also make little pendants that you can carry around a little bit of ash. So I don't know what. I don't know what OJ's kids got.
Speaker 3: Okay, neither, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Still an OJ pendant though, an OJ diamond, Yeah, that's right there, David just won. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: Oh, you get the four pack of passes to the Houston Zoo.
Speaker 4: Tell us how that Birds of the World exhibit is. Okay when you check it out.
Speaker 8: Oh well, I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, appreciate you, David. Have a great day, man, Abby. Abby got smoked this morning by this guy, Cody, that hadn't played the fresh out of bed had to ad challenge in a couple of years. Okay, everyone was impressed with Cody, and Abby like came off of her best game yesterday so this guy lightning fast, he's gonna go for win number two tomorrow. Let's se if he can do it again. Join us in home room at six twenty. Okay, Tattuesday was the number one link today, that Lincoln Park nuke that was dropped during the show. I don't know if we're gonna have any more information to row. I think we're just gonna still for four hours speculate because the Lincoln Park clock isn't over with until noon or one o'clock tomorrow, so we'll have we'll play that one as we see. So Rubmill talk today and tomorrow. My poll question on the X talking about phone calls. Get over there on the X. Follow us at Rod Ryan's show. Suburb of Summer says that we were all looking forward to this game with Sneaky Pee. Today, Sneaky Pee couldn't get it done, all right, So clear Lake advances tomorrow League City versus Montrose again. Tomorrow's winner goes into the final four wins two hundred and fifty dollars cash from show, Federal Credit Union, and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Speaking up tomorrow show, I have promised you a chunk of forty tickets. That'll be twenty pair of tickets giving away tomorrow. At some point during the show, Rod why aren't you giving us more information? I can't. I just can't. We're just gonna do it tomorrow. You just got to listen to the show tomorrow. Okay. Jeremy's up next. He's got tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party. He's got the NonStop nooner. He's got alternative income. So pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour, choose wisely at Rod Ryan Show. Like I mentioned, all Socials test is on Houston Life Today, going live from the Houston Zoo. You're gonna make this bird deal. Yeah, okay, and that's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break man. We're gonna have some fun tomorrow on the show. I can tell you that much. Have a great tattooesday. Everyone come back to us am as.
Speaker 7: Well. Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.