Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Tuesday, Graham, you're having quite the truckle over there.
Speaker 1: I can't stop.
Speaker 3: I can't stop laughing about Vice President jade Van's dropping the corso the National Championship trophy yesterday.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: He kept falling apart.
Speaker 3: It comes apart in two pieces and he drops and then the bass he grabs it for the wrong part and the top part of the base detached, and then the bass hit falls, it hits the ground and then like starts rolling away a little bit.
Speaker 1: HiT's such a disaster.
Speaker 2: Oh can you please? I need to check that out.
Speaker 3: And then Selena, did you see Jeff Bezos fall in his face?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yesterday was just full of gems. I could not stop laughing yesterday. The Jeff Bezels man, I'm just praying there and he probably had it deleted because you know, he's a bleating the video, but that I wish I want to see a closer up video because it's from far away.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He face plants like he goes face to desert, like he's the capsules.
Speaker 6: Around there is very uneven. If we're you know, I do.
Speaker 3: I run on plenty of uneven ground. I don't fall my face routinely. He's like, it's just one of these moments. Like to me, it was the epitome of everything. You know. I was just disgusted by that flight yesterday. It's just this opulent look at me, I'm riding in a billionaire's rocket moment whatever. And then the capsules back there on the ground and he wants to greet He's trying to find the window of the thing so he can greet his girlfriend, and then he just fell whatever.
Speaker 1: Then he just falls.
Speaker 5: And I saw a video that apparently they were already they were already opening the door to the capsule, but they made him like reclose it back up because they wanted Jeff bass was to be the one to like open it with all.
Speaker 3: This is one big billionaire publicity photo shoot. Like that's all it was. It was a spectacle. Tell me how this advance anything for us on Earth?
Speaker 6: Well, upset, we'll talk more about that seven fifty five because love celebrities have been.
Speaker 1: Speaking at I'm glad.
Speaker 6: We do have your chance to weigh in a crazy cash one thousand dollars that's on standby first our first talk back of.
Speaker 7: The Day Morning JV Show. This is Nancy. I just want to wave back in yesterday what you guys were talking about.
Speaker 1: Graham.
Speaker 7: You were saying, how it's your wife's birthday or anniversary, Mother's Day. Well, same day, it's my birthday on May eleventh, and this year happens full Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: I feel chips.
Speaker 7: I feel like, you know, I should get separate day, separate recognition, and I'm a Taurus. So I just want to tell you, Graham, you have the most chill Taurus of life. Congrats, congrats.
Speaker 3: Okay, do I have the most amazing, chill perfect wife in the world.
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But is she is that somehow related to her being a Taurus? But she's the most chill version of Taurus because like, if you're a Taurus, you can't be chill and cool like most aren't.
Speaker 1: Stop do stop with this.
Speaker 3: Stop attributing qualities just based on something the date you're born, Like that's ridiculous. Okay, but yeah, no, our wedding anniversary is May eleventh, and this year that is also Mother's Day. Ladies, what do you think should she because she's in a similar situation her her birthdays may eleventh, and that's also Mother's Day. Do you think she should get separate? Yeah, they should be split out and recognized separately, or one celebration covers it all.
Speaker 5: No, you need to, especially if like for talkbackers, she it bothers her that she has to celebrate everything all in one.
Speaker 1: But it's not.
Speaker 3: But that's not But that's that's just this year her her birthday is not always going to fall on Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Once every however many years, that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Right, But even if it's a day apart, you do celebrate both.
Speaker 3: This is the first year ours has ever been on the same day, and I'm assuming this is the first year her birthday and the thing has also been on the same day.
Speaker 1: In however many years it happens. I don't know.
Speaker 2: How will there be two celebrations for you and your wife in our house?
Speaker 6: Yeah, not even like Mother's Day away.
Speaker 3: She's gonna have a birthday thing because her birthday is the thirtieth, and so we will celebrate her birthday and then on our I need to separate our anniversary and Mother's Day. We're doing a Mother's Day brunch at our house. We will toast to our anniversary. I don't need to do two separate things there something.
Speaker 5: Yes, how come you guys chose to get married on on a date so close.
Speaker 4: To her birthday?
Speaker 3: Because we the no the venue this is? This was well, it was both our choice, but the venue that we wanted to get married at because we were we didn't want a long engagement. We wanted to just get married. So we got engaged in December and then we were married in May.
Speaker 4: WHOA, that is quick, which I.
Speaker 1: Think is true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're going to ask your wife.
Speaker 3: I feel like the venue was all all the venues, you know how they book up so far in advance, so it was either.
Speaker 2: Take guys, you got one even.
Speaker 1: It was either take part. Well, it's either take a spring date.
Speaker 3: It was an outdoor venue and they're like, there's no guarantee that could be raining that day, and so that was stressful, like is it gonna rain, We're gonna have to rent a tent and you got to book a tent and it's non refundable. We didn't book the tent, didn't rain our wedding day. It was perfect studying, it gorgeous. It was then it was getting married in May or wait all the way till like their next available date, which was like September November.
Speaker 1: We're like, let's get married now.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 6: I love that for you guys. Yeah, let's do a second talk back every day.
Speaker 8: Good Morning JV Show five forty five. This is me from Clayton, trying to get that first talk back. Nope, just watching the news and they're talking about dying marshmallows for Easter this year instead of eggs, which looks cool, but it seems disgusting. It seems like the marshmallows would just soak up all that colored liquid.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what are you guys doing with your kids? Minor? Grown?
Speaker 9: So I'm just gonna give them money.
Speaker 4: Okay, by why do they deserve money?
Speaker 1: It was a sack jelly beans.
Speaker 2: Telling this equipment of you that can be happy about it.
Speaker 3: I should really watch our listen to our show, because we talked about dying marshmallows like a week ago we did.
Speaker 6: I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna go to the marshmallows route really and try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's in a soakable all the liquid. It's just a quick dip. I think it's just enough. To die the outside. I think it'll hold the die really.
Speaker 2: Well and then that's it.
Speaker 1: But so you plan on eating them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but if the kids want you, that's fine. That sounds gross.
Speaker 3: Because like when you die in Easter egg, you're not eating the shell, you know, So it's like a different it's a totally different thing. I thought you died it just to like do the decorating and then you moved on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but these are marshmallows, that's what. You're not wasting them too. You can't eat them except that point.
Speaker 1: But to her point, it is soaking up all the Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think it will. I think just enough to like just to dip it in and dies. It holds the color and then pop it back out. And people are using food coloring, by the way, when they're dgging marshmallows. Its food coloring, not like Easter egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it. So it is edible. It's equally bad for you though.
Speaker 1: Still, Yeah, bas.
Speaker 6: Did you see the lady who dyed Easter eggs in her toilet?
Speaker 2: She was like live hack check this out.
Speaker 6: It's on the Instagram story. Jav morning. Should just imagine a toilet bowl full of eggs. Why they actually came out really good.
Speaker 4: They look cute.
Speaker 2: They came out good.
Speaker 1: Oh, you like flush them and get a swirl or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure how she got it.
Speaker 5: It was like a bunch of different colors of food color.
Speaker 2: And I don't think she flushed him.
Speaker 5: And then let's she know, she adds some sort of substance that is.
Speaker 3: A lot of die and then she put like baking soda in there, and then something came at all bubbly. Oh, and then she added vinegar. Came out really good, white vinegar.
Speaker 2: She said it did stay in her toilet.
Speaker 3: After Well, yeah, who wants to get a five gallon bucket?
Speaker 1: Do this in your toilet?
Speaker 2: JB Morning Show if you want to check that.
Speaker 1: Out The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 10: Time for.
Speaker 1: The four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: It's tax day. Yes, did you do your tax? I?
Speaker 4: Did I feel like an adult? You guys?
Speaker 2: You did yourself?
Speaker 4: I did it myself like you guys suggested.
Speaker 2: The tax season ends at midnight.
Speaker 6: Guys, Remember you can still get an extension that will last six months. However, that only gives you more time to file.
Speaker 2: They say, if you think.
Speaker 6: You owe money, still got to pay up or you have to be a bunch of extra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so get it done.
Speaker 3: That's the misstep that a lot of people to make just fall on extension. Uh you, Oh, you better got to pay you gotta talk a check.
Speaker 1: In the mail. The San Francisco Giants continue to be one of the.
Speaker 3: Best surprise stories of these young baseball season. I'm stumbled on my word. So today a tough one. Coming off a two to one series win over the Yankees in New York over the weekend, the Giants rolled into Philadelphia yesterday blasted three home runs on their way to a ten to four pounding of the Phillies. The Giants are now twelve and four and they have the second best record in all of baseball. This is a four game series. Game two is today at three forty five.
Speaker 5: There's some fog out this morning that will clear and turn into partly sunny skies. Temperatures are cooling off quite a bit today though, we are back to sixty degree weather.
Speaker 1: Hey, Harry's best day today is going to be a nine.
Speaker 3: Profitable deals are within your reach, but keep your patients. Be diligent with the details, get the terms in writing, but then it's cutching.
Speaker 1: It actually says.
Speaker 2: That really pretty excited about that.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 11: Nine, Good Morning JV Show three Teens Really Quick a Graham Sato yesterday about the people who went to space, it says that they preparing millionaires to go.
Speaker 12: To space, just in cases something happened to the Earth. Jess Raspberry Cosmos on the Cafe in San Francisco and Custro is the best. Try Selena, you look good, you look slim, your face looks like glowing.
Speaker 1: Have a good day.
Speaker 6: But thank you skincare to filter?
Speaker 3: All right, don't I actually have Okay, No, it's Selena, the fantastic. Selena's been crushing the gym. Selena has more willpower than I. You come across sometimes it's like I get the Friday, I'm gonna go have a drink. I'm gonna eat that right, And you come across say sometimes like she's got no willpower. But what people don't see is that all week long, Selena has more willpower than any radio person I've ever worked with. Because people bring in donuts and all this stuff and Selena will wave them well nope, I'm not touching that. And I'll be like, look, I'm working out hard right now and I'm trying to eat right. But the second somebody sets down any kind of free food, I don't care what it is. Particularly don't say I'm having one.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: That's the extent of my willpower. But Selena props to you your willpower. It's unparalleled.
Speaker 2: Once in a while I break who doesn't.
Speaker 5: But j Gramm will even offer free breakfast burritos.
Speaker 3: All buy whatever you breakfast burritos. Let's go get them all by them, and Selena will just nope. I'm telling you your willpower is is unparalleled on you.
Speaker 5: I hate it for us because you guys can.
Speaker 2: Still eat burritos. We want to eat. Eat it as like a thing, okay.
Speaker 3: And there were two other things in that talk back of three things there, Raspberry Cosmos on the cafe, you say on the cafe cafe.
Speaker 2: In castroous write that down.
Speaker 5: That's probably delicious in my Cosmo era, you guys.
Speaker 3: You've had one calm down. You had one over the weekend calm down.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 3: Other thing was that somebody on TikTok said the space Flight yesterday was just in preparation of, you know, getting billionaires and millionaires to space, just in case something bad happens on Earth.
Speaker 1: I'm not don't believe everything you see on TikTok.
Speaker 3: To me, this is like, this is a kin to billionaires are like, let's see, we already have four hundred foot mega yachts.
Speaker 1: Like what else can I do?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: A space flight?
Speaker 3: You know, it's just the exactly ultimate flex of wealth at this point. The billionaires will be fine if something goes wrong here on Earth.
Speaker 1: Trust me.
Speaker 3: They've got underground bunker or something, and stronghouses and private armies and private security and you know, the private islands that are immune to climate change, and you know they've got to trust me, they've got it all planned out.
Speaker 2: When we all go instinct, who's going to be left.
Speaker 6: Jeff Bezos, he'll be just it'll be up to him to like somehow new life. Yeah yeah, him and Lauren.
Speaker 1: Sicha, Yeah yeah, they'll start creaking a mail.
Speaker 5: God, I'm glad, I thought, Yeah, I'm glad I won't.
Speaker 4: Be here to see that.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get to talking about Black Mirror.
Speaker 14: Good morning, JV show Happy Tuesday. So, in honor of tax Day, my husband was doing our taxes on Sunday and where he's taking the picture of our W two's using TurboTax and at the end of it, he says, we owed eight thousand dollars to the state of California. And I was like, that can't be right, and I pay, freak out pay the more expensive turbo tax. The advisor tells me that my husband forgot to double check and put in the taxes he paid to California.
Speaker 1: The picture didn't work.
Speaker 13: Woo.
Speaker 3: That would be a panic inducing moment where all of a sudden you're.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa totally normal? Will we be getting some money back?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, we know eight grand. That's the major panic moment.
Speaker 6: You know, the thoughts that will run through somebody's head at that moment, like Summer's canceled, Christmas is canceled, We're.
Speaker 3: Not having the everything's can yeah, sell a kidney, sell one of our kids, yeah, the dark web, Yeah, do whatever it takes. Yeah, double check, always double check your work. At the end, you can see a complete like of your actual tax return the filing, and you can look at the different boxes and make sure it adds up and makes sense. Yes, do that, especially if all of a sudden, this giant unexpected number, the math got.
Speaker 2: To be matho. It's like literally the math estimatic. All right, Jess.
Speaker 5: So I've been watching Black Mirror because new episodes dropped on Netflix and I am already hooked you guys. So this episode that I'm gonna be talking about, so I guess spoiler alert please.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 5: First episode called common People. Now, this is fiction, but it is based on very like futuristic based on what's gonna happen too, basically, So this specific episode is about a couple. The wife ends up in a coma because of brain cancer, and the husband is told, hey, we have this very very new experimental surgery that involves putting a chip in her brain that is a cloud based server. Now the server would replicate that part of her brain where they removed, you know, that part, so she's able to live a normal life after the surgery. There are risks, but it's either she's unconscious or she wakes up and she's able to go back to living her normal life.
Speaker 1: Right, put the chip in there, do it?
Speaker 2: That is what I.
Speaker 5: Wanted to ask you, guys, because this is a conversation that while we were because I was watching this with my boyfriend over the weekend and while we were watching this, we kind of turned to one another and we were like, wait, this is kind of something that we need to talk about because if one day something happens.
Speaker 4: To one of us, like, we need to know what decision to make.
Speaker 5: So is this a conversation that you guys have.
Speaker 3: Had with your significant others about when to pull the plug?
Speaker 2: About?
Speaker 6: I mean, I haven't had that conversation.
Speaker 3: Have you, groom, you even had the wind to pull the plug conversation?
Speaker 6: For me, just pull the plug, I really know, even if there is some some new treatment.
Speaker 3: That is the one thing say they are you able to keep you alive in some sort of coma state or something for a long time, in a vegetative state or whatever, and then they then yes, in the future twenty years from now they invent some procedure and able to bring me back. Then I would have been kind of annoyed that that they pulled the plug.
Speaker 5: Right, But I don't know, and just pull it because my boyfriend's the opposite. My boyfriend's like try everything, try everything that you possibly can. And I'm kind of more on the side of like, if you think I'm suffering, like just just let me go, just end it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a hell of a run, but it is.
Speaker 6: A conversation that you need to have ready for this conversation this morning.
Speaker 3: You just need to align and get on the same page because sometimes you know, someday, God forbid, that could happen. So, Lena and your man's gonna have the sort of the power of whatever you call it, and he's going.
Speaker 1: To get to make those decisions.
Speaker 3: So you want to make sure his decision aligns with your Yeah, your wishes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should have this time. Guess Oh my god, I just don't like thinking about this kind so I agree.
Speaker 5: But it's better to talk about it and have a say in it, right.
Speaker 4: You know, something happening.
Speaker 5: But going back to the show, you know, they tell him, they tell the husband there are some risks with this surgery, but we have some success stories. In fact, me, the person telling you this, I have had a success story and I'm alive to tell it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So they're saying they have this chip in their head.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, So she says, trust me, it's gonna work, and the price. It's low for something like this, right, it's just a monthly payment of three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Now start raising. It's just like Netflix.
Speaker 3: So they're just going to start in the price up, you know it, Yes, get that initial year after that.
Speaker 5: So the couple's already struggling financially, right, but they're like the Obviously the husband's like, I'm gonna do whatever I can to get my wife back.
Speaker 1: I'll become a stripper. I'll do it.
Speaker 5: Yes, So it works sort of like a subscription right now.
Speaker 4: He's he's like, he's like, I can do the three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: This is a spoiler alert again.
Speaker 3: Once Get in Black Mirror episode season.
Speaker 4: He's like, I can do the three hundred.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 4: They do the surgery.
Speaker 5: She's back, she's good, living life.
Speaker 4: Then some things start to kind of act up.
Speaker 5: She can't leave certain areas because the servers only cover.
Speaker 2: A service. Areas just shut down.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, like you have to buy the roaming plan, yes, literally, so they have to upgrade.
Speaker 3: When you guys say, yes, am I actually happening if I've seen it? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, Because they basically we are like, hey, you know what we have upgraded our servers. We have these new plans, plans that allow for you to travel further now with the chip in your head. Now, before you had to sleep twelve hours because you know, we need the servers to reboot. Now you'll only have to sleep ten. Like we're lowering the services.
Speaker 3: Take with the twelve. That sounds nice, but like, sorry, kids, I can't wake up for your baseball game tomorrow. I have to get twelve hours at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, in this new plan, you gotta pay more. It's now not three hundred, but five hundred dollars a month. At this point, the husband's.
Speaker 4: Like, I can't really afford this, but my.
Speaker 5: Wife is over here, you know, needing this treatment.
Speaker 1: Pull the plug.
Speaker 4: No, No, he ends up finding.
Speaker 6: Thinking of the entire entire episode away.
Speaker 3: But you're seventy five percent there. If anyone's still listening, doesn't want to spoiled. Just I mean, yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: It, so I don't get blound. I'll just say that, Graham.
Speaker 6: She start if she doesn't keep upgrading the plan, she starts like running ads.
Speaker 2: She's like mid conversations. She's a school teacher in the middle of class.
Speaker 6: She's just like running an ad like telling the class about this product and then.
Speaker 1: Like probably to treat your plaque siasis.
Speaker 5: But she doesn't know it until people start telling her that she's running these ads, and.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, yeah, actually, to get rid of the ads, you just have to upgrade to the chat.
Speaker 3: You get the ad free version. That's smart. People wouldn't even be phased by that if you, in conversation dropped into a commercial, because that's just everything in life has.
Speaker 1: A commercial attached to it.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're watching, whatever social media platform, you get served ads all day long, So why not serve me ads while I'm talking.
Speaker 6: About It's also literally our job, like that'd be pretty much what we do.
Speaker 3: It's pretty much what we do. Is this segment sponsored by anybody?
Speaker 6: Is Stanford by Black Mirror on Netflix.
Speaker 5: I get the ad free version.
Speaker 1: Oh it's coming though, That's the future.
Speaker 6: Everybod Gary Today's hot is trending is coming.
Speaker 1: Out The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 6: Nine, Jess, you were just talking about Black Mirror, yes, episode one.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning JV fam, Tony from Scottsdale, And yeah, I am not doing any kind of experimental surgery. I already have a Woolen Place and yeah, no artificial life for me. I understand. But you know what, some things you don't mess with and that's just my personal belief. But yeah, pull the plug. I'm cool, I'm you know, I've had a good life.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then one thing that now you think about with how rapidly technology is advancing that like your family's like, yep, he wants us to pull the plug. Then two weeks later like, hey, we just created a cure for that thing. Like I just I'll love for another two weeks. I mean, technology is advancing quickly. I don't know, I might want to rethink some of these things.
Speaker 1: Good morning JV Show.
Speaker 15: This is Melbourne driving up from Salina's headed to work in San Jose. I hope you guys are having a good day. I love Black Mirror. I got to tell you this episode was incredible. My favorite scene was when the couple was being intimate and she starts talking about lubrication as an advertisement.
Speaker 1: This was epic.
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, you guys have a great dig.
Speaker 1: A spoiler alert again alert. I want to watch it. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You have to watch it. Will your wife allow you to watch it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think she would be into the show.
Speaker 3: Also, it is on Netflix, one of the subscriptions that we have, because I have found lately that every time I hear about a show that I want to watch, Oh, let's watch Severance. I've been hearing great things about Severance. Sit down and watch it. Oh we don't have Apple TV. Okay, what about this show? Oh yeah, watch that? Oh every time lately it's not Do I have the wrong subscriptions or is everything now on subscriptions I don't have. That's what it seems to be. It's driving me crazy. Could not find a show on Saturday Night.
Speaker 6: But like you said, this is on Netflix, yeslix.
Speaker 16: Honest, it's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 6: Lil nas X is in the hospital because he lost control of.
Speaker 1: His face where like it just drove off.
Speaker 6: No, it's still there, it's still attached it, but he can't.
Speaker 2: He can't control half of his face. He's like lost. He's just like lost it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He didn't say it's Bell's palsy, but I mean that's what facial paralysis is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So he posted his video from a hospital bed last night, and he's showing like what it looks like for him to smile, and you know, half the face is just frozen.
Speaker 2: The other half is smiling right now.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's like.
Speaker 2: By the way, this is on JB Morning Show, it's on our Instagram story.
Speaker 1: Bro, I couldn't even laugh, right, Bro, My god, Bro.
Speaker 2: Like the one eye on the frozen side, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even blink, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: I know multiple people that have had gone through Bell's palsy, and it can be from a variety of different things can cause. It can be from a virus or something else, or something dormant in your body and causes that the nerves to you know, to stop working and yeah, you can't move that that half of your face. Now, the scary thing about it is that there is no guarantee that it comes back. The doctors can't be like, yep, for sure because in a small number of people it does not come back. It's permanent or semi permanent. No, once you lose that funk, that function, it's gone. There are some people that it comes back a percentage, you know, but like that half their face you can tell never works fully this.
Speaker 6: Happened to Justin Bieber a while back, and I feel like his face is back, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, most people's faces.
Speaker 3: Most people come back and they have no things, but some people don't.
Speaker 6: He's like laughing about this. It's probably a nervous laugh. I would be in tears, freaking out that my life is over. I know that's very like shallow, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I would not be in a good space if that happened to me.
Speaker 1: No one of my cousins that happened to right before.
Speaker 3: We used to we do this like a big cousin's weekend trip every year, and all of us we pick a city and I'll fly there and you know, rent a house or whatever and party for the weekend.
Speaker 1: And he got it like a week before this happened.
Speaker 3: I can't remember what caused it, but half his face so for the trip, half his face we were in Austin and half.
Speaker 1: His face completely paralyzed. And he still went.
Speaker 3: And the pictures from this trip no offense to anybody that has a permanently half paralyzed face, but the pictures on this trip were some of the funniest pictures I had ever seen. Didn't come back to his Yes, eventually it did, but for that weekend and drops to him for like still showing up.
Speaker 1: I mean, drinks were just pouring out of that side of his face.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't drink out of a straw, you know it doesn't work right and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was hysterical.
Speaker 3: But but I don't think he thought it was that funny, but I did.
Speaker 6: I really could want to mention this just because we've been seeing it all over the blogs. Amy lou Wood from White Lotus in tears yesterday over the SNL parody, which I know nobody watches SNL, but you probably have seen the side by sides of the skit they did. If you want to go see how they parodied her character, you can go to JB Morning Show.
Speaker 2: It's on our Instagram story we have her.
Speaker 6: And then it was pretty hard a little you know, shot of the sketch there.
Speaker 1: What did you guys think too far? Or it's just comedy.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's just comedy, But I understand when you're going when when you're making fun of somebody's looks.
Speaker 2: It would have hurt me too.
Speaker 3: That's the thing, it really would the looks thing, is where when you're when you're doing an impression of somebody, that's one thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they they made fun of her her teeth, exaggerated those. She also had like a really bad British accent in the skit. She slammed the skit as mean and funny. Yesterday she was like seen sobbing in London, like in like full on breakdown over this. Also her co star Walton Goggins. There's like a rumored feud about them. While they were working on White Loads together, he's praising the sketch. He called it smashing. I said it was great, it was hilarious.
Speaker 3: I thought everyone was swooning over Walton Goggins, the Walton Goggins.
Speaker 1: Effect, and everyone was loving him. But now he seems kind of mean.
Speaker 6: They were, Yeah, I don't know people are.
Speaker 2: Still swooning though.
Speaker 3: On a side note, I know not many people watch sn O anymore, but lately they've been on fire. They have some some of the sketches that they've been doing lately have been really really funny.
Speaker 2: But do you watch it live where you watch.
Speaker 3: The No, I've just watched the later like the recap.
Speaker 2: No, are we missing out? Do we need to start watching SNL.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's just say that the guy that does our current president does a good job. Like it's spot on.
Speaker 1: So they do a lot of their cold opens lately have been really funny.
Speaker 2: What time does SNL come on?
Speaker 1: No clue.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can stay enough.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely no idea.
Speaker 2: When it's all right, we'll have to look into that.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks making out the JV show. I'm Selina and I'm.
Speaker 4: Just good morning JV Show.
Speaker 13: I just want to say that I know that we have bigger problems, but yesterday girls going to space. It was a big accomplishment because a couple of years ago it would have been just man, you know, so we have to say that that it was a big accomplishment just girls in this space.
Speaker 6: I like looking at the the glass hath full. I don't know why I couldn't say that that was the struggle.
Speaker 3: I have very mixed feelings about this because then I thought about this yesterday when I was like, ah, do I say how I really feel about this thing? Because I don't want it to sound like that at service level, if you're just thinking about all an all female crew in space is an accomplishment. That part is cool, But then when I look at who is in that all female crew, that's where it rubs me the wrong way. If you if if you were going to hang your hat on this being an all female space crew the first time ever, make let's mark this momentous occasion by sending the women that have dreamed their entire lives and worked towards becoming astronauts, that have worked to advance space travel, that have worked for NASA, that have worked tirelessly for these efforts.
Speaker 1: Put them on there.
Speaker 3: Fill that rocket full of those people, and then it would be a lot easier for us to get behind. The problem is that you're sending a group of some of the wealthiest women on the planet basically into space, and it looks comes off very tone deaf, as like a space tourism flight. And my husband, my fiancee, Jeff Bezos, is footing the bill for this whole thing. That's how rich we are. It doesn't even matter we can flight space. That's why I think the public perception is a little mixed on this just because of who was sent there. I feel like we missed the mark on what could have been kind of one like like she said, the talk about a very cool moment for right.
Speaker 6: And there are even a lot of other celebrities who are upset all this. So we'll talk more about this seven fifty five. For now, we have to get to what the bleep. It's where you can win a JB show Chug mug. You just got to be the first person a guest today's.
Speaker 2: Bleeped out word. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 6: As always leave your guest is on the talkback Mike on the new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Are you guys ready for today's clip? Yep, sure you guys.
Speaker 6: I love but there is such a thing as it being too thick.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Well, I guess I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen videos all right, boy, thinking about effect bleeped out work could be. Remember, this is a family show, so you're going to have to throw out your first guest there. It's not that. It's something pg and family friendly The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 6: Before we get back to what the bleep, you know, crazy cash happens every hour here on Wild, Graham, do you have.
Speaker 2: This hour's keyword.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this hour's nationwide keyword is win wi n Win. When head over to wild ninety four nine dot com, enter it there for your chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: All right, now back to what the bleep this is where you can win a chug mug. Just gotta be the first person to guest today's bleeped outward. As always, leave your guesses on the talkback Mike on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: In case you missed today's clip. Here it is you, guys.
Speaker 6: I love, but there is such a thing as it being too thick.
Speaker 1: It's a thing, I guess.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your guesses you show.
Speaker 10: This is Leo from San Jose.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, honey, Honey, all right, honey, damn, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Jav show.
Speaker 4: This is a Roarer Boice from Hayward. I take the bleeped out word.
Speaker 15: It is.
Speaker 4: Pancakes.
Speaker 1: Damn pancakes.
Speaker 4: You hella thick.
Speaker 1: That's not it either.
Speaker 2: Actually like my pancakes a little on the figure side.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, look, I want them thick. I want them my hop thick, but I don't there's a point where they're tooth thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want them to toothick, damn pancakes.
Speaker 17: Good Morning TV show.
Speaker 13: I think the bleeped out word is bacon than bacon.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are you guys at with your bacon?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like there are two types of people that need it, like so crispy the thing crumbles into bacon bits or soft and chewy?
Speaker 2: Which are you crisp?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 5: I want I want the crunch, the.
Speaker 3: Sound, the dried out bacon crumbling. I want it to taste like meat. Oh no, oh dude, I love a good thick piece of bacon. Yeah, the thicker the better.
Speaker 2: Than thick and crunchy.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: You're playing what the bleep?
Speaker 6: Where you can win this chug mug just got to be the first person to guess today's bleeped out word. Now, if you missed today's clip, here it is one last time you guys.
Speaker 2: I love. But there is such a thing as it being too thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like a logistics thing like how's it going to work?
Speaker 2: Exactly? It doesn't. So what is today's bleeped out word?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: Always?
Speaker 6: We your guesses on the talk back Mike on the iHeartRadio app. And remember this is a family show. Okay, sorry you sis, Let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 18: Good morning JV Show. This is j from Hayward. I'm convinced I got the correct word, just not convinced I got it And end time. The blip wood is burrito have a go one?
Speaker 1: You have thick? That was a popular guest this morning. Can I burrito be too thick?
Speaker 2: I would say, no, no, no, no, bigger than better enough.
Speaker 18: What's up? JV Show?
Speaker 10: Fall from San Francisco And the word is accents thick accents.
Speaker 1: I like that one. I think that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people the sound of somebody speaking with an accent is great, and then you run to someone that the accent is too thick and you can order stand a word.
Speaker 1: They're saying, yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say your accent is too thick for me, Like well.
Speaker 3: Like like T take a southern take a Southern accent for example, Like I can handle that, like like, oh little Southern accent. But the and sometimes you get that Southern accent, You're like, I don't think they're even speaking the same language. And it's because the Southern accent is so thick.
Speaker 1: Is salammy?
Speaker 3: I think we're talking about we're talking about the food there, Selena, who are you on the Charcucci board? Do you like a thick cut piece of salami or you like that real thine?
Speaker 1: Oh god, you're missing out.
Speaker 6: I like the thin, yeah, the when it comes to my meats, I like them thin.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's good to know.
Speaker 4: Show ninety four.
Speaker 13: This is Jenny from Santa Cruz and I will guess the bleep out word is milkshakes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a great morning by shaks.
Speaker 6: All right, here is today's clip. Unbleeped guys. I love milkshakes, but there is such a thing as it being too thick.
Speaker 1: Damn milkshakes.
Speaker 2: You hell a thick Ooh that is facts.
Speaker 5: I have been drinking a milkshake every day. I think it's been like seven days now.
Speaker 2: You guys your milkshake era.
Speaker 5: I'm in my milkshake era, and it's like an eight hundred plus calorie milkshake because you know, I'm trying to maximize my gains.
Speaker 3: Right well, you're trying to bulk up with milkshake. Are you sure you're not talking about protein shakes.
Speaker 5: Well, a protein shake with milk in it like a milk.
Speaker 3: A milkshake, A milkakeshake is milk and ice cream.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, then I sid a milkshake.
Speaker 2: Don't consider I mean it's still a shake.
Speaker 4: It's still shaking milk.
Speaker 1: Are you guys? Are you talking about are you part of society? Do you know what a milkshake is? You go through the in and out drive, you get a milkshake, that's a milkshake.
Speaker 3: A protein shake that you drink coming home from the gym, that's a protein shake. That's something totally different. Just because you put a little milk in there, it doesn't mean that means I put a little milk in a smoothie.
Speaker 1: Is that a milkshake? No, it's just smoothie.
Speaker 4: That's a smoothie.
Speaker 5: But I put milk, banana, peanut, butter, proteintein shake, but it's still a shake. I guess I grew up with not knowing the definition of a milkshake then, because I consider it all about a milkshake.
Speaker 3: If you ain't got ice cream going into it, it ain't a milkshake.
Speaker 2: It has to have the ice the podcast, No.
Speaker 1: Leave that in please.
Speaker 3: Well, we're all learning something new on the show. On the show, just just learn what a milkshake is, all right. We all started different learning points.
Speaker 1: We'll all end up at the same spot eventually, all right.
Speaker 3: Lots of shout outs to give, you, guys, Lots and lots of shout outs to give.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, Jenny and Santa Cruz. What's up, Jenny?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 1: Jamie show, Chuck Buck coming your way?
Speaker 3: Javy show also number one, Santa Quek, by the way, that's a big deal, all right.
Speaker 1: A lot of people shout out. Alex and Benicia had the correct answer. So to Christine and San Bruno, Charlie and Concord, what's up? Charlie, what's up? Buddy?
Speaker 3: Ricky and San Jose had it so to Nate and Hayward, Michelle and San Jose, John and Fremont, Pam and Lexington, Kentucky, Pam and Lexington, Kentucky. Jav show also number one there obviously, Lance and Saramon had it so to Ryan and Heyward, Tanya and Santose, Vanessa and Heyward and Tracy, Charlie and Conquered. I think we already said Charlie and Concord, but he's got it twice. I guess Amber and Elliott in Pittsburgh, THEA and Sacramento, My Lee and.
Speaker 1: Danville, Edith in Santa Cruz. Look at that Santa Cruz. I'm telling you, Jamie show taking over down there.
Speaker 3: Brian and Berkeley had it, so to Jennifer and Stockton, Nicole and San Lorenzo.
Speaker 1: Christian pleasant Hill, what's up?
Speaker 3: Christy was that she had it as well, but just you know, not as fast.
Speaker 1: PV in the East.
Speaker 3: Bay, Mario and San Francisco, amongst several other people whose guests are strog rolling in and you guys were on it today.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed.
Speaker 4: I'm so many people.
Speaker 1: I love it, love to.
Speaker 3: See everybody engaging with the show. I'm getting the correct answer, but you gotta be quicker.
Speaker 6: We'll do it again tomorrow morning, same time here on Wild around seven oh five is now.
Speaker 2: We do have more winning coming up next? Are you still laughing at milkshake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm laughing about it, laughing about it.
Speaker 2: More winning his next inside the JV show You of No Game.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Jerry, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think her birthday's coming here Bernie.
Speaker 3: So what she said, Bernie and her birthday's coming. I heard that there is one thing we can all agree on.
Speaker 6: Is a great point. Yes, happy birthday. Let's go to the phones. Wildy four nine.
Speaker 11: Hi, who's this Wayne?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 17: Wayne?
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 2: So I heard you want to play the j V show you have nope game?
Speaker 9: Yes, I heard.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: It is very fun. So here's this on the line today.
Speaker 5: We have four tickets to the California Academy of Sciences.
Speaker 6: All right, are you ready to do this? We're gonna ask you for trivia questions.
Speaker 2: Just gotta get three correct and you win. Easy, Right, let's go. Let's get to it.
Speaker 6: Question number one, A cama is the hybrid offspring of a lama?
Speaker 2: And what.
Speaker 6: Uh camel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I've never seen one of those. That sounds cute.
Speaker 2: Kind of want one he get has humps?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I look at what that looks like.
Speaker 1: Let's get somebody google that, all right.
Speaker 3: Question number two, how many planets are there closer to the Sun than Earth?
Speaker 1: Uh three, We're the number three. Mercury and Venus. There's just two. They're just two. We're the third. Rock from the Sun. All right, that's a TV show.
Speaker 2: Here's question number three. Justin Justin Herbert Graham your cousin.
Speaker 1: That's my boy.
Speaker 6: My cousin, Justin Herbert is the starting quarterback for what California based NFL team?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, by the way.
Speaker 2: Just it's not really your cousin.
Speaker 3: I love to see him thriving and all the family reunions. Now it's like, Oh, he won't shut up about it. He's like, oh my god, I threw this long touchdown pass. We're like, we get it, Bro, You're good at football.
Speaker 1: Shut up. He's not really my cousin. Should be the all right, question number four. You need this one to win the game.
Speaker 3: Hydrogen soulfar is a gas that's very easy to recognize because it smells like rotten.
Speaker 1: What done?
Speaker 5: He just won four tickets to the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, and you know they have some really cool stuff going on right now.
Speaker 2: I just done its day days. Wayne. Do you have kids?
Speaker 6: I do too. You have to there. I hope they're what are their ages? They are gonna love the California Academy of Sciences. I went there for the first time recently. Oh my god, such a great family.
Speaker 4: So now you get to go to Dino Days. You've just got four tickets, come gra Gradual.
Speaker 3: They also have a planetarium there too, right they to they have that planetarium so you can learn about where Earth is.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, joking, you only got one wrong.
Speaker 6: We dominated the game, Wayne, hang on for that winning. Oh my god, Grahama, we got to shout out.
Speaker 1: Of course we do.
Speaker 3: You know we do a lot of people on my DMS Ago and says, hey, Graham, can you please give my son a happy seventh Birthday's name is Mason. He's such a good boy, always has us laughing. We always listen to you guys in the morning.
Speaker 1: Love you guys.
Speaker 3: That's from Veronica, so happy happy birthday to Mason.
Speaker 1: Here's a fart. It's a good point. Another one here. Good morning, Graham, Mom and your DMS. Mom and your DMS.
Speaker 3: Who listen to you guys every morning the way to school. Please wish our son, Carlos road Lest a happy eleventh birthday. Such an amazing person and the greatest artist we know. We love you, Carlos. That's from Mom, Dad and brother Adrian. Happy birthday, Carlos.
Speaker 1: Here's a fart.
Speaker 3: Another one here, sister sliding into your DMS. Welcome in, Good morning, Graham. Selena just wanted to give a birthday shout out to my little sister Laura.
Speaker 1: She turns the.
Speaker 3: Big four zero today forty. She's the best mom, sister, and aunt and we love her to pieces.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's from Jennifer, so happy happy birthday to Laura.
Speaker 2: Here's a fart.
Speaker 1: Forty is the new twenty.
Speaker 3: Another one here, Hey, Graham, My daughter Maya hit a big milestone this past Friday, double digits. We were off on spring break, but hoping we can still you guys wish her an amazing tenth birthday year. She's a fourth grader at Tasahara Hills and we love listening to show in the car each morning and playing along with the Up Nope game.
Speaker 1: We love you, Maya.
Speaker 3: That's from Mommy, Daddy, Zoe, and Bucky. Thanks so much, so happy, happy, well belated birthday to Maya.
Speaker 1: Who do you think Bucky is?
Speaker 2: Grandma?
Speaker 1: I thought little brother.
Speaker 3: Another one here, Hey, Grandma, Bucky the grandma?
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Listen to this, hey, Graham, Grandma sliding into your DMS. Welcome in. You're not the first. Can you wish my granddaughter Malia Malia Malay Malia and her twin late Lonie and Heaven a happy a ninth birthday. Grandma loves you both to the moon and beyond. And also, who gives a fart? That's from Grandma? R Another one here, Good morning, Graham, Dad and your DMS. Wanted to give a late happy birthday to Nico turned nine on Sunday. Mom, Dad and brother Cash love you so much. Hope you had a great birthday weekend. Happy birthday to Nico. One more here, Hey, Graham, wife in your DMS, come in. I wanted to wish my husband Danny a happy ninth birthday today the Big three two.
Speaker 1: I love you Danny.
Speaker 3: You're the best thing that's happened to me, even though you are a fart machine. Love your wife, Love your wife, Rochelle, she said that, not me. Happy Happy birthday, Danny. Whar Yeah, he gives some farts, quite a few of them.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 10: Nine, Good Morning JV Show, Good Morning Bay Area. Happy Tuesday. The weather's been nice. It won't be for the next couple of days. But hey, we're getting there. I'm kind of stuck. If y'all can help me decide whether or not I should go to this Warriors game tonight. Go Warriors, Go Dubs, Let's go get this w against the Grizzlies. Let me know what I should do, though, Help me out with that decision.
Speaker 3: How is that a dilemma? I know would not go and have fun. I would go to that game. It's a big game. Yes, and I'm gonna be talking about that game in trendy coming up this a second.
Speaker 16: God, it's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 6: Before I get to all the backlash that the all women's Space crew is getting, I just really quick want to mention that Graham and I and Jess doing something really.
Speaker 2: Fun next month.
Speaker 6: Grammy, what can we say Because we can't officially announce it yet, we can't give all the details.
Speaker 3: But if you remember last summer, we did a really fun pool party series with our buddies up at Great and Reserve, you know, because they have the Marquee pool party in the entire Bay area. We're going to be kicking off this summer's Pool Party series with.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 3: He is going to be there, but let's just say it's gonna be awesome. Yes, and Memorial Day weekends, Memorial Day weekends, mark that on your calendar Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You want to be there with us.
Speaker 6: It's going to be announcement is coming soon, so stay tuned for that. All right, lot of backlash coming these ladies away. So yesterday history was made, you guys. Katy Perry, Gail King, Lauren Sanchez and then a few few other women went up to space for a total of eleven minutes. Well that does include you know, the blasting off and the coming back down, but it was an eleven minute trip. It was quick, you guys. The backlash is crazy. I'm sure you've seen the memes. Yep, Okay, even Wendy's getting in on the action.
Speaker 2: Their official Twitter account.
Speaker 1: Fast food, Yes, they responded.
Speaker 6: They responded to a post that said Katy Perry has returned from space and Wendy said, can we send her back?
Speaker 1: Wendy's getting snarky.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like, what beef do you have with Katy Perry? I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: I love the one that said we should move Earth while they're gone. So that Katy Perry came back or whatever that one had yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: So after Wendy's had posted that Kesha later yesterday, she posted a picture of her obviously in support of what Wendy's posted, because it's a picture of her smiling drinking out of a Wendy's cub. You can see their logo clear as day. So she is getting in on the troll. And if you don't know she love, she may actually have some beef with Katy Perry. Remember she was upset that Katie had worked with the producer. They had actual bee there's that. Amy Schumer posted a video she was kind of mocking the entire space trip like, oh my god, guys, I got a last minute invite. I'm taking this Star Wars toy with me to space because you know how they each took something that was like personal today to space. So Amy Schumer was trolling the entire thing. Olivia Wild did as well. Now Olivia Munth she was on she did an interview I think she was guest hosting, you know, one of these talk shows earlier this month, and she called the entire thing gluttonous, which was Yeah. She says, there's just so many other things that are important in the world right now, Why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Can I share my favorite one for me yesterday?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Emily Rodakowski, I'm not sure if I'm saying her. She said, quote, you're not some ethereal goddess of empowerment because you wrote a billionaire's rocket for ten minutes that perfectly some summarizes my take on this entirely.
Speaker 2: Life sucks because I want to I liked her rant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I want to be like excited about this and happy about it.
Speaker 21: But when you look at the bar picture, Emily was like, look, this is supposed to be because you care about Earth, yet you're going up in a spaceship that is single handedly destroying the planet.
Speaker 2: So like, make it make sense.
Speaker 3: I just to me, do you think in their minds the ladies that went on this trip had any idea that this is what the reaction was going to be.
Speaker 2: I think they didn't.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, there's always you know, trolls in naysayer's on social media, and I think, you know, that's just that comes with the territory beingis celebrity. You knew there were going to be some people saying stuff, But I don't think it was going to be this overwhelming reaction because look, yeah, I can't I can't blame them if somebody said and you guys are different because you said you wouldn't go. But if Bezos called me up and was like, hey, do you want to do one of these space flights, I'd say yes, it sounds awesome. I would love space travel is always fascinating me. I would love to go blast me off. But I just think that collectively, they probably thought most people are going to share this opinion like wow, what a cool moment, and it's all female, and it's this empowering thing, and it's a cool moment for space travel. It's just such a cool thing, like who else gets to blast off like this in.
Speaker 1: A rocket and how cool?
Speaker 3: And that that couldn't have been further from the reaction that happened yesterday, I know.
Speaker 6: So they did touch on the criticism yesterday. They did a there was they talked to people and some kind of like press conference situation, and Gail King said, anyone that's criticizing this doesn't really understand what is happening here, Lauren Sanchez Child, I think we do, she said, I would love to have them come to Blue Origin and see the thousands of employees that don't just work here, but they put their heart and soul into this vehicle.
Speaker 1: They should have sent that.
Speaker 2: They love their work and they love the mission, and it's a big deal for them.
Speaker 3: Send the women that work to make this happen. Let reward them by sending them to space. Then I would have been like, Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Because all Katy Perry had to say about it afterwards, and again maybe I just didn't hear the rest of what she had to say, but she was just talking about finding love within herself, which I think she could have done here.
Speaker 3: One go on a little ayahuasca trip and find find that love in the desert somewhere.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you guys saw the video of them like inside the capsule when they're up there, it's.
Speaker 2: Is it on our Story morning show?
Speaker 6: They're like floating around in there, Katy Perry, And she said this as soon as she got back to Earth, like she revealed her set list on a paper butterfly in the capsule. She showed it to the camera and then she let it float away, so like that's what she wanted to do.
Speaker 4: That, that's that was her.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is everything and a billionaire flex Yes, Grammy happy play in tournament game day.
Speaker 3: Everybody tonight chaset her because the Warriors totally fumbled the bag and the final season game lost to the Clippers in ot which dropped them to the seventh seed. They now have to take on the number eight seed Memphis Grizzlies in the play in tournament. The Warriors really controlled their own destiny down the stretch getting to this point, because it wasn't just that Clippers loss a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: Before that, they also.
Speaker 3: Lost to the lowly San Antonio Spurs, so all this really could have been avoided. But here we are. I guess it's lucky for the Warriors and Warriors fans. This is not a must win game because the Grizzlies, we know they've been. They've given the Warriors fits at times in the past, and so let's go through the possible play in tournament scenarios again.
Speaker 1: Again, this is not a must.
Speaker 3: Win, but if the Warriors beat the Grizzlies tonight, then they move on to face the Rockets in the first round of the playoffs. If they lose tonight, then they host the winner of the Mavericks Kings play in game, and they'll host that on Friday for the final playoff spot and a first.
Speaker 1: Round matchup with Oklahoma City Thunder.
Speaker 3: There are some people that have speculated the Warriors would rather play the Thunder in the first round.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't think they would actively lose a game.
Speaker 3: Easy have to win the next game to try to get to play the Thunder. They will be trying to win tonight. Tonight's game tips off at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, well it's happening all right, Well, thank you Graham.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: Changes coming to Starby's Do we need any more changes?
Speaker 1: This new CEO, he's shaking things up.
Speaker 3: He just wants to get that old school coffeehouse familiarity vibe back or whatever. And we know that they brought back the sharpie they started writing on your drinks again because oh it just made my day smile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I finally got my first sharpie cup.
Speaker 3: Was just like a happy phase, Like I feel like that's being lazy it is.
Speaker 1: I want a personalized.
Speaker 2: Message with my name and everything that.
Speaker 3: Says, like, you're so handsome, I can't take my eyes off you. I put something extra special in this latte for you. Don't tell my boss. Yeah, like that's what I meant. That's yeah, that's what I wanted to say on the side of my cup. And they also axed a bunch of the kind of drinks we didn't need. Well, some people needed him, but they asked a lot lot of the menu to try to simplify things and trying to get.
Speaker 6: People to sit in and the furniture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, free refills in there if you're sitting in there drinking your coffee or whatever. Now, effective May twelve, you guys, all the employees are going to be required to.
Speaker 1: Abide by a new dress code.
Speaker 3: They must wear a solid black, short sleeve or long sleeve shirt, which can either be a crew neck, collared, or button up style. And you can wear bottoms they call them, which I think here we call pants. You can wear pants in any shade of khaki, black, or blue denim. Those are your choices, but you have to be wearing a solid black, short sleeve or long sleeve shirt. What do you guys think about this? And the CEO is saying again, this is going to create a sense of familiarity for customers, and they want to deliver a more consistent coffee house experience before I know, I don't if they're wearing their own thing. I know I'm in a Starbucks. I know where I am. I don't need to be like where am I?
Speaker 2: They're wearing aprons a giveaway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all They're wearing a solid black shirt. Now, I know I'm at Starbucks. Yes, I'll have a frappuccino. Like, I know where I am. I walked in there. I don't need to be more familiar with what the person's wearing. You can make them wear an actual uniform or let them wear whatever shirt they want. And then to your point, yeah, the green apron, maybe the little Starbucks visor hat thing or whatever.
Speaker 4: I know where I am.
Speaker 2: I guess it's good to know that. Well, you don't accidentally go in there wearing the same thing.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever like seen somebody at Target dressed like a Target employee but they don't work.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: They're wearing khakis in their red shirt.
Speaker 4: I'm like bro, why would you wear that here?
Speaker 2: I'm what we were asking you questions.
Speaker 4: They just you don't even work here.
Speaker 1: They're on lunch break from State Farm. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like it can happen, Okay, they State Farm employees shop at Target too. I just I don't know, like to me either, I kind of feel like you can go one way or the other. Either we're wearing uniforms and here's a uniform that we're providing for you. They say they're going to provide each employee with two company branded T shirts for free.
Speaker 1: That doesn't have to be the ones you need to wear.
Speaker 3: I either think you all wear a uniform, you wear the same thing, Like here's the uniform shirt that you wear, and you provide it to your employees and that's the thing that you wear, or let them wear whatever damn shirt they want. You Either do one or the other, Like, either go all uniform or all not.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 5: And you know what I think for the more cafe look and feel, I'd prefer them bring their own style to wait.
Speaker 1: That's a more authentic coffeehouse.
Speaker 3: Is someone with a little bit of eclectic style, you know, like dressed in their own thing a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of a covered in cat hair, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cat hair is just stripping into the top of my Lotte.
Speaker 4: Hey so am I, which is twinning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is totally fun.
Speaker 6: I feel like the CEO is doing too much, like like it's just all these unnecessary changes.
Speaker 3: But do you like some But I think some of the changes thus far have been good.
Speaker 6: But unnecessary in my opinion, I feel like you're making all these changes and making all these announcements to make it seem like you're doing something that's going to really make an impact when.
Speaker 2: I mean, well maybe, yeah, I know, I just don't see it.
Speaker 1: I haven't studied their sales reports and their sales data. Well know, if it's studying, I don't know if it's working.
Speaker 3: I mean, we had a lot of listeners leave talkbacks saying that the little sharpie note like cheered them up and made their day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, until they found out the employees were forced to do that to everyone they thought an actual personal bound because we told them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part's true.
Speaker 3: But I think it's like something a little more personal that's in a very impersonal world.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Although they are being forced to write those and then now everyone's just gotten lazy because it is just a smiley face every time.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four to nine, we.
Speaker 2: Were talking about more changes coming to Starby's.
Speaker 6: The CEO is like, look, you're going to have to all look like now you got to wear a what is it of a black top uniform?
Speaker 3: It's it's got to be a solid black T shirt or long sleeve shirt and you could be collared or crew neck.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is a say it from San Francisco regarding Starbucks. I actually worked there for four years when I was in college, and that was our uniform, wider black polo shirt and khaki r black pants along with our apron. So someone to be is interesting how that switch hits the brases now have a good day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can wear some khakis or you can wear some denim now as part of the option. She say she used to be able to wear a white polo. Yes, Nope, not anymore, not anymore?
Speaker 4: Uh uh?
Speaker 6: But Selena, can we at least acknowledge that the composed of all cups was a great great change for sure?
Speaker 4: Right? Or is there something wrong with those? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't drink Starbucks, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of Starbucks changes, and yes, that one for me is the big, biggest one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I did say there was a lot of unnecessary changes. I guess that one. I'm okay with, okay, good And actually I did try, like the ice. I got an ice drink in one of those cups and actually wasn't bad. Yeah, so I'm not I'm not mad at that, all right, Graham, All right.
Speaker 3: So researchers have found a pretty shocking link between marriage and the risk of developing dementia. This is kind of scary because past research, time and time again and studies has shown that being married has all sorts of health benefits. They found that lower risk of heart disease and a lot of other health related things actually improve if you are married. So it being married has always been thought to be one of those things that is a good thing for your health. Well, now these researchers said, hold my beer, because they found something differently. They analyze a bunch of different groups of people and looked at people four different groups, people that were married, widowed, divorced, and never married. And what they found in this when it regards to dementia, which is a very scary health condition. Obviously that when even they adjusted for all sorts of different risk factors, the people that were never married forty percent less likely to develop dementia than married people, which is a pretty shocking. Now as they dove into it deeper and isolated more risk factors and things, that number got a little smaller, but still twenty four percent lower risk for people that were never.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's because when you are married and you have the other person there that you like, depend and rely on, you start using your brain a little less. I think there's something because you're like using because they'll like pick up where you're slacken.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that's a very valid theory.
Speaker 3: I have one of my own, Selena, and I think it's because of all, like you know, the nagging that happens in long term relationships.
Speaker 1: It's it's things like you.
Speaker 3: Forgot to take the trash out, or you forgot to pick the kids up, you forgot to hang your towel up, And after all the year after year of that, us guys, we then probably self report that we have dementia or something because it's like, you're right, I did you know forget to do that thing? Yes, I forgot to, you know, clean up the laundry. I forgot to vacuum the floor. And we just assume that we have something wrong with us. And it's probably guys that are married that are like, yeah, you know what, I had that just so that they have an excuse. You know what, I probably do have something wrong with me. And that's and then then you have a valid excuse for forgetting getting dementia over here to put the toilet seat down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that's my theory.
Speaker 2: But manifest your mind. You're never mind?
Speaker 1: Did you forget what you're gonna say?
Speaker 6: My mouth just stopped working. I just give up, never mind, I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: That is a pretty shocking study, because time after time we've heard that there are all sorts of health benefits.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're nagging for a reason. Okay, we wouldn't have to nag if y'all would just do what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: We forgot to do it.
Speaker 6: Oh, Jesse, you were telling me about it. A guy who was smelling his dirty socks too much, but like if he would just wash his socks and pick him up, he forgot to.
Speaker 4: I mean that's a good point.
Speaker 5: But he just developed this habit of like every time he got home from work, take off the sock, smell them before throwing them in the washer.
Speaker 4: Didn't end up well for him.
Speaker 5: You guys, you had to go to the hospital, had this really ugly cough.
Speaker 4: Turns out he had a fungal infection.
Speaker 2: Smell I smelling his dirty socks.
Speaker 4: The lungs, lungs out there.
Speaker 5: If anybody out there has a habit of smelling their dirty socks, just stop.
Speaker 6: Because I feel like a lot of guys do that to check if they're dirty or not.
Speaker 1: Right, I feel like you do that selening.
Speaker 3: You admitted on these airwaves that you grab your man's underwear off for four ago listening.
Speaker 1: Give them a big sniff like that.
Speaker 2: Don't do it like that.
Speaker 3: That's a long, lingering sniff that you give them just to be like are they cleaner or are they not? And you probably have done that. I assume that you grab that stray sock off the ground and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 2: Who do you think I caught it from from him?
Speaker 1: Because I've seen you.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you guys are both gonna be.
Speaker 1: Have You guys are socks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we shouldn't have brought the suggested.
Speaker 3: Everybody listening is a sniff to pair of socks at some point, right, yes or any It's not a habit.
Speaker 2: I don't do it because I like the way it smells. Like this sicko who got sick off of it?
Speaker 1: That's a little weird.
Speaker 3: If you're sniffing a saw that just came off your foot, like you know that, there's a very strong chance that it doesn't smell good and you're willingly putting it up to your face. Most people do it for investigative purposes, like Selena.
Speaker 1: She's like a laundry detective and.
Speaker 5: She just happens to throw with socks and underwear.
Speaker 2: Listening right now, you probably already knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did it. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine Babby Weed.
Speaker 6: Week every one four days away from four to twenty apparently the week leading up to that is wed Week in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Ram I thought you, of all people would know this.
Speaker 1: I should know this for twenty lands on.
Speaker 2: This Sunday Seesday this year on Easter. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, remember we talked about the celebration at Hippie Hill being canceled again the second year in a row. They're gonna have like kickball tournaments instead, but.
Speaker 20: Like still happens, but it doesn't. Will still show up supposed to happen, right, Yeah, it's still people will still go, but it's just not gonna it's not gonna hit the same if you know what I mean. But they're saying that this year's wed Week is crucial. Apparently sales have been, uh not doing so well when it comes to dispensaries here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, California is that we industry has been struggling for quite It's been struggling quite some time, which is sort of the opposite I think of what people thought. People thought it was going to be this huge money maker and generate just copious amounts of tax dollars for the state of California.
Speaker 1: It's been kind of the opposite.
Speaker 2: Is it because it's so expensive.
Speaker 3: I think there's just a I think there's a multitude of reasons. I think like the demand isn't as high. I think there's still demand for non legal weed sales. I mean, there's a lot of facets to this problem. But it is fascinating because everyone, I think thought it was just going to be sort of like this is a no brainer home run.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make a ton of.
Speaker 2: Money, That's what I thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's like so yes, so sales sales are dwindling, and they're saying that as prices get higher, and then as certain dispensaries are having to shut down because the sales are so are so bad, people are going to be pushed to back to the illegal market to buy weed from there. But it's like me, I don't smoke, Just let me get that out there. But even if I did, I wouldn't even know where.
Speaker 4: To buy it?
Speaker 6: Like who, Like all all the old drug dealers had to get jobs because of dispensaries.
Speaker 2: Like where would somebody even find weed?
Speaker 1: Would you just go down?
Speaker 3: But yeah, but you go down now to your local neighborhood dispensary and get in line and buy it there with.
Speaker 6: Them shutting down, like they're saying, people are going to be pushed back to the illegal stuff.
Speaker 2: I like, wow, where would one even get that from?
Speaker 3: I guess the other problem with all the business as a whole in California was that what did people that own these dispensaries do with the money the cash? Because it's not recognized federally. So they had all this cash that's not going to get insured by a bank and you can. So they had a cash problem. What do you do with the money? I mean, we do all like to have that problem with what do I do with all this stacks of paper money? But that was also an issue, or is also an issue.
Speaker 6: Quick update that nobody asked for, just because I told you guys last week how I had a really bad experience with a THHC.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, me and THC just.
Speaker 1: We just do not mix large amounts of THC.
Speaker 2: Don't mix me in any amounts. Do not mix.
Speaker 6: I don't like it. I don't do it. It just gives me so much anxiety. So I just I've learned to stay away. But I felt peer pressured by my husband to just take a sip here, take a sip there. I tried this drink. It was bad, you guys, It was.
Speaker 2: It was really bad.
Speaker 6: And then I was like terrified going into the weekend because I was like, he has a whole other one hundred miliicare gram drink that he's going to force me to drink over the weekend. I'm scared, so I stood my ground. I was like, no, I am not ruining another day by this stupid drink. I'm not thinking it. So he drank the whole thing himself, the whole thing welle hundred, one hundred milligrams, and was he fine?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: And I tried to warn him.
Speaker 6: I tried to tell him, but because he didn't listen, I still made him go see the Easter Bunny and do all these things with me.
Speaker 2: He must have been tripping.
Speaker 3: What in the world he had to do just regular husband? Yeah, No, you can't do that once you've had one of those things.
Speaker 2: I know. But I warned him. I told all he wanted to do was like, Oh, He's like, honestly, I just want to go home and sleep.
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh, we got a whole day's planned, we got we got to go to the park, we got easter bunny pictures.
Speaker 1: Oh, I blame in for that.
Speaker 3: You have to be the It requires some planning when you're gonna partake.
Speaker 1: In my mind, some.
Speaker 3: People are just around the clock thing. I think you need to plan ahead, particularly if you're going.
Speaker 1: To go that. For you to go that heavy one hundred, you need to.
Speaker 3: Have gone to the store ahead of time stalked up on a lot of Dorito's, and then you've got like just hours of funny movies in front of you and then and no responsibilities, no kid. Then you're going to have a great time. But if you have to go to see the Easter Bunny and then go do some shopping at Target later, you're not going.
Speaker 1: To have the same The fund is not going to be the same.
Speaker 2: All right, enough, what do you have?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about one of the instances, one of the most crazy instances of distracted driving that I've ever seen. Well, this isn't actually driving, it's flying, because this was a helicopter crash that happened in South Africa and it was all because somebody had a penguin in a box. Just note to self, if you ever bring a penguin in a box aboard, you know, into your car or into a helicopter, whatever, make sure it's secured. Because this person had a penguin in a box. I don't know why they were transporting this penguin, but they were about to take take off and the person had the penguin in a box on their lap and they say they lost control, and I assume because the penguin was in the box like dude, let me out, and the passenger sitting next to the pilot lost their grip on the box with the penguin in it, and it knocked over again. This is mid takeoff, and it went into the joystick like the controls of the helicopter, and the helicopter just went straight into the ground. Oh luckily, nobody was injured. The helicopter sustained some serious damage. The penguin also not harmed. The penguin is okay, but just keep in mind, distracted driving can happen to anyone, even helicopter pilots.
Speaker 6: And people were like, you're eating, then you drop something and you're having to pick it up or you're using like your phone for directions or whatever, but it flips onto the other side of the car and you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I need that, and then you got to reach over to get it. That's when you crash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my buddy reached over to get his slurpee that it tipped over one time from seven to eleven and rolled his truck like four tops, flipped over, completely totaled, Like, was that spilled slurpee worth it? Definitely not? So think twice before you make You know, that is so scary actually.
Speaker 6: Like it happens so easily with kids in the car too, because they're the ones distracting you.
Speaker 1: My kids like throw stuff up and always turned back and yellow like, don't throw somebody, don't throw somebody went up driving. It's very dangerous. Yeah, they're like, can I get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, run the band back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me reach down but the floor, try to find it, and then that's when you crash. Wow, be careful everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, kids sound like so much fun.
Speaker 13: They are.
Speaker 2: Today's hot, is trending, is coming up hottest?
Speaker 6: It's all the.
Speaker 16: Stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 6: So offsets has reacted to a video of Cardi b dancing on her new Man.
Speaker 2: So you know Cardi has been linked to a new Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we talked about this. Stefan Dicks why receiver for the Patriots. Remember they hung out on Valentine's Day and they were linked even before then. And Carti is not even tried to hide that. They may or may not be a thing. We don't know if they're like exclusive or you know, we don't know all that, but we do know they were back out together this past weekend at a club in New York and she was sitting.
Speaker 2: On his lap and she was dancing on him, and that video made.
Speaker 6: Its rounds online. A lot of different blog accounts were posting that video and Off.
Speaker 3: Sentence straight to me, I was getting a lot of Masters Golf content instead.
Speaker 6: Well, Offset responded to one of the comments. So one of the people had responded or sorry, I had commented into the video that you know, Offset is probably somewhere punching air, to which Offset responded, I'm happy for her exclamation mark. Exclamation mark. Now, first of all, no one believes him. Nope, Okay, we know he's salty, we know he's bitter. We know that he's been making her life a living hell.
Speaker 1: Like the fact that he's reading the comments shows you right there, he's not happy.
Speaker 6: But everyone is pointing out he's not like he was tagged in this comment. It's not like he got a notification like, oh.
Speaker 2: You been mentioned.
Speaker 6: He was literally sitting there reading all the comments about Carti and her new man and then responding to them, Wow, you're.
Speaker 4: Not over her.
Speaker 3: It'd be tough to go through a very public breakup. I mean, he's trash, but you know what I mean. Like, imagine, imagine going through a public breakup and then all social media everywhere is showing you video clips of the person that broke up with you or whatever and hooking up with somebody new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would crash out.
Speaker 3: Breakups in the old days that didn't happen. You know, you maybe never saw the person again, and who cares?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: So they're still getting back together though, right?
Speaker 2: No, no, are you still sticking with that prediction?
Speaker 4: Graham.
Speaker 1: I'm not rolling it out.
Speaker 2: I'm rolling it out. It's ruled out for me.
Speaker 1: It's getting more and more ruled out as the days go on. But I'm not ruling it out. Okay, they have kids together, right kid? Yeah? Kid, old kids?
Speaker 7: Here you go?
Speaker 2: Do they have three kids? I thought it was just two. You're right, it's two.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking that's the wild card in all this.
Speaker 6: All right, So Drake was on aid in Boss's stream. Drake Drake a few things from this live stream. One, he revealed that although he just dropped an album with Party next Door, he is working.
Speaker 2: On another album, a solo album.
Speaker 6: So Drake fans that will be out probably soon. I feel like he drops music so quickly. Another thing he thought about or they discussed the idea of him and Kendrick Lamar getting into a boxing ring. What because they were talking about some other celebrity boxing matches that took place recently. I want to point out that first him and Aiden Ross both laughed their asses off at the thought of Kendrick Lamar trying to box, so there was there was that.
Speaker 2: Drake also said if he did decide to go that.
Speaker 6: Round, if he and Kendrick agreed, hey, we're going to get into a boxing ring, he says that it wouldn't be anything that's ever televised. It would be like a just one on one type of thing in a gym somewhere, just to kind of get.
Speaker 2: It out of the way.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen, No nobody would care.
Speaker 3: That people would want to see the actual fight, but it would be so sloppy and uncordant it did an embarrassing.
Speaker 1: For both of them.
Speaker 2: I get why they wouldn't want to televise.
Speaker 3: It would end up backfiring and both of them, regardless of who one, would look stupid. So they would this would absolutely never happen. Quite a bit of a height difference between the two though. Yes, Drake doesn't strike me as the tallest guy in the world, but Kendrick is one of the shorter people.
Speaker 2: I feel like Drake is pretty tall. Well, you look at how tall.
Speaker 6: He is just and then everyone who watched this live stream, they were all gifted one thousand dollars just for watching, So that part was kind of nice.
Speaker 2: Drake Love's giving out money.
Speaker 1: How do I tune into a live stream to get a thousand bucks?
Speaker 2: I would do that too late, Dang it already happened. How tall is he?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I believe that he's six feet tall.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: See that seems about right to me at two inches he's five ten, five eleven.
Speaker 5: Kendrick lamar height give me one second, five five and he added.
Speaker 1: Two inches there as well.
Speaker 3: Greg Graham, all right, the earth be shaken, you guys, The Earth be shaken. Yesterday, a five point two magnitude earthquakes struck the San Diego area.
Speaker 1: The epicenter was a couple miles south of Julian. Never heard of it.
Speaker 3: It's a little town northwest of downtown San Diego about an hour away, so it's probably a good thing this was in a pretty remote area because a five point two magnitude earthquake that's pretty big. I haven't seen reports of any real damage or anything significant. Again, it was pretty far out, but the shaking was felt throughout southern California and into Mexico.
Speaker 1: One of the.
Speaker 3: Remarkable pieces of video that emerged from this was from the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Did you guys see this if you haven't, did this up on our story JV Morning Show on Instagram if you want to watch this video must be a webcam that they keep going inside the elephant's enclosure and it shows them standing around, you know, just doing elephant stuff, mining their own business yesterday morning. Then the earthquake hits and they initially kind of run in different directions than the older elephants and dulah Un, Mungani and Cosey. They then scramble to encircle and shield the two seven year old calves Zuli and Mackaia, and they form a protective circle around them.
Speaker 2: This is a natural behavioral.
Speaker 6: Our friend dropped at Desert NuGet at Coachella yeah, Chrystal and she had to go to the bathroom and her friends formed a circle of runners, so number two in at Coachella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a protective measure.
Speaker 3: This is instinctual for elephants, and it was pretty cool to see them immediately take up this very defensive position and protect the younger elephants. They stood there like that for a few minutes, waiting to see like what what was what just happened there?
Speaker 1: And is there a threat?
Speaker 4: And then so cute.
Speaker 3: Eventually they you know, went back to just doing regular old elephant stuff.
Speaker 1: But it was pretty cool. Go watch that video. It's on our story.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh more really quick things, people, residents of Oakland, get out and vote today. You get to vote on a new mayor, new council, very important person, and a couple of local measures. So use your voice, use your vote today.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Grammy said, it's National DOCI Day.
Speaker 1: That's what it sounds like this morning, Doc.
Speaker 2: This morning, that's denial is a river On the JV Show, I'm.
Speaker 1: Selina, what's a doch as?
Speaker 2: Getting her front very kind of like the biggest artists out right.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right, Yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll scratch up in the box.
Speaker 1: I take that podcast. I'm y'all, it's your boy nobody special. Okay, Steve heyo Graham.
Speaker 19: Hear that endorsement slash commercial that Slandes did about Ford. Yo, Now you can pay what the employees pay for a new forward, new Ford vehicle. Oh get you get your wife something special, bro, take advantage, bro.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, y'all.
Speaker 2: Great, I've been telling you employee pricing.
Speaker 3: I am gonna well, I need to see that in real like numbers, like what that looks like. But yeah, the new car in it's like imminent in my household. My wife has said no more to her for Runner. She's embarrassed to drive it. So we will be getting and we do like she does like the Ford Mustang mock e the electric one.
Speaker 1: She likes that one. And but do I get the employee prices on a used one? I don't think that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'll have to ask my friends at Ford.
Speaker 1: Could you look into that. I would like a so like a very gently used one of those. Yeah, that sounds like right my wheelhouse and price points. I will put in a good word for you, Thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: All right, crazy cash is every hour here on wilder chance, and when one thousand dollars on standby?
Speaker 5: First, can we talk about how much people are going to be spending for Easter? Because this is insane. I thought we were all saving money, but I guess.
Speaker 1: Not we're not.
Speaker 3: We've we've There's one thing I've noticed about the society of twenty twenty five. We spend on stuff that doesn't matter, and don't save on the things that should matter.
Speaker 2: And we complain about spending too much of being broken.
Speaker 1: Exactly, we have our financial priorities a little cricket.
Speaker 5: And then you look at these numbers and you wonder what are we doing? Because according to the National Retail Federation, this year, Americans are expected to spend twenty three point six billion dollars on Easter.
Speaker 4: Yep, billions. All what on Easter?
Speaker 1: We're talking money.
Speaker 5: Food, We're talking so family meals, egg hunts, stuff you get for the kids, just gatherings in general. They're gonna cost you. Candy, decorations, clothing like it all just adds up, and I guess the total comes down to twenty three point six billion, which is.
Speaker 3: A lot more than last calculator out here, really quick, because like twenty six you're saying twenty six billion dollars.
Speaker 1: That's true, Well twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, when I brought around, it's twenty six s already typed it, and that's a lot of zeros after that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go back there.
Speaker 3: And then you divide that by the let's just say there's three hundred and thirty three million people in the United States.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's just like a rough guess. That's about seventy eight dollars a person.
Speaker 3: Does that?
Speaker 1: Does it seem high? And mind doing the mouth right, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Eight dollars a person.
Speaker 4: That actually was a little low compared to what I had seen.
Speaker 5: I had seen a little bit over one hundred dollars per person.
Speaker 3: That tracks, But well, how would the do okay, get your okay, get your calculator.
Speaker 2: Let's see what you got. Let me see, okay, so let's see twenty three billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get twenty three billion. That's lower than the twenty six billion that I had in there.
Speaker 2: That is, hold on, I've hit the wrong button twenty.
Speaker 3: Beause well, you know, what twenty three million, and then you got past that, so you've got nine zeros there. Okay, divide that by what's the population in the United States?
Speaker 1: Three hundred?
Speaker 2: Oh I messed up some somehow I got ninety two.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, what I had read was that on average, every American is about to be spending around one hundred and eighty nine dollars per person. So this is a little bit more than last year.
Speaker 1: It's the population of the United States.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm still kuch at three hundred and forty Why is that three hundred and thirty three?
Speaker 2: Three hundred again?
Speaker 1: We got okay, let me get the cock. There a go, Sorry, there we go.
Speaker 3: So twenty you're saying twenty three billion dollars, Well leave out the point six.
Speaker 1: We don't get some twenty far down now to twenty three billion.
Speaker 3: We're gonna divide that by three hundred and forty one million people in this country, and I've got sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Round up.
Speaker 3: Rounding up to twenty four doesn't change the math. The math is sixty seven dollars a person. Well, math, how are you?
Speaker 2: I just did the math.
Speaker 1: I just did it with the calculator.
Speaker 4: People are spending way too much. We need to see.
Speaker 6: I think we have to redo the math because let's be real, it's only the moms that are prepping for easter.
Speaker 1: So we have to take by the number of miles to this country.
Speaker 2: So how much is it twenty three six billion around round up to.
Speaker 1: Twenty four there's eighty twenty four billion, and.
Speaker 6: Divide that by how many five million moms eighty five million according to the Pew Research Centers.
Speaker 1: Okay, to eighty five million moms. That's two hundred and eighty two dollars of a mom.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that tracks more.
Speaker 3: If you write an article saying this is the amount that the person is spending, then we do the math right there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't the numbers are miles apart. They should fact check that, just basicquickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just did it in like three three seconds.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We allowed to get our calculator out like twenty times to figure that out. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine