Speaker 1: When you're ready to double down, dive in, try for a show and not look back. Roll into Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 2: From tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night.
Speaker 1: Savor the flavors, fuel the fun. Win big. Let's roll into Pearl.
Speaker 2: River Resort must be twenty what Rolder to play gambling problem called one Hunter Gimbler.
Speaker 3: This show is a part of the Midnight Ride Network.
Speaker 4: The same with your.
Speaker 5: Name at the time of his kind of statue started shaking.
Speaker 1: A face and an eagle plow tennis.
Speaker 5: Gonna be when you him out of the free starter fail and it will be like a.
Speaker 3: Man nain and down.
Speaker 1: Broughtie courtesy.
Speaker 6: And wild and blue.
Speaker 1: Liberals be worn. Your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny. You're listening to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 6: It's like my eyes have been blown wide. We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust, our nation's highest officers. We stand united and are resolved to do something about it, which, whether we like it or not spelled Judy, you and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
Speaker 1: You tuned into Right Side Radio.
Speaker 7: Alright, you have found it a bonus episode of The Right Side Radio Show. As you know, we released an episode on Thursday, October the thirtieth, and that is also the same day that we are recording this particular episode. It is a bonus episode. And before I get into while we're doing a bonus episode, I would like to ask that each and every single one of you who haven't already remember to like and subscribe to the Right Side Radio Show. Subscribe to us on your pod catcher of choice. Remember we're on Apple Podcast, i Heeart Radio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music, and so many more. So make sure you click that subscribe button. That way you never miss an episode of the Right Side Radio Show. Well, why are we doing a bonus episode? This isn't a breaking news episode. This is not one of those situations where I'm something happened that I had to But as I alluded to on the main episode, there was an incident here in Mississippi, right down the road from US in Jasper County, in which a truck that may or may not have come from Two Lane University wrecked and had what may or may not have been diseased Reese monkeys on board. It was Originally one monkey escaped, now it's three monkeys escaped. I believe it was five killed. But the reason why we want to have this is my coworker, reporter Kevin Lindsay there with me at the Laurel Leader call. He was on this scene when this happened.
Speaker 6: He was there.
Speaker 7: Covering the event. He can tell us a little bit more details. But despite being one of the one the reporter on the scene, I think he was the only true reporter on the scene, he still doesn't know all the details. Because it seems to be nobody wants to take accountability and it continues to change. So I wanted to have Kevin on so we could talk to him about what he knows what's going on with the monkeys. Hey, Kevin, welcome to the Right Side radio show. How are you doing this evening?
Speaker 4: Pretty good man, Pretty good? Just winding down for the day. How's it going to you?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it's the day before our deadline day, so as you know, those that can be hectic to make sure we have everything done ready for tomorrow morning, of course, and sometimes we get thrown curveballs, even right there at the edge of deadline, like what happened Tuesday with this crazy monkey story, you know, and Kevin, we were all sitting around the newsroom when we first got word that there was a truck that e wrecked with monkeys on it, and we and diseased monkeys, as we were told at the time. None of you, myself, Guru, none of us thought that this was real, did we?
Speaker 6: No, we didn't.
Speaker 4: I think you saw the text first, and it was something about wild monkeys had escaped or been in a wreck and they were near the Heidelberg exit. And then I saw the texts and I was like, there's no way this is true, and it certainly was true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's one we saw the Jasper County Sheriffs post. I think that's when you decided I might want to jump in my car and go up there and see if I can get a picture or two, because when else are you going to have an opportunity to take a picture of wild diseased monkeys?
Speaker 6: Right right?
Speaker 7: And do you recall what they said they were diseased with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they said they were diseased with COVID hepatitis, a couple more things, yeah, just just crazy aggressive disease monkeys and herpes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Herpes was definitely one of them. It just it blew my mind to sit here. It sounds like something that if you read in a Hollywood script you would say, no, I'm not watching that movie. That sounds too ridiculous. So walk me through. Once you first get there, you know, what's what is the scene like and what what do you immediately see when you get to the scene of the wreck?
Speaker 4: Right, So it was just past the Heiddleburg exit, which is one seventeen exit, and probably about a mile and a half or two miles up from that exit, So between the Heidelberg and Glossburg exits, obviously there's a heavy presence of MHP Misit Coyway patrol just began of Shar's departments there. I think the Mississippi Department a Wildlife I think they were already there on the scene.
Speaker 6: I think m DOT was there.
Speaker 4: Actually they were, come to think of it now, they were actually mowing the roads and they were having to get the tractor stopped. But whenever I got there, I pulled off on the shoulder and yeah, there was a whole trailer.
Speaker 6: That was busted up. Obviously in the Median.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the Median, the truck had come off and the trailer was just sitting there, not flipped over anything like that. But there were crates everywhere, broken, some not broken, and him whenever I whenever I walked across towards the median, I'm probably thirty thirty five yards away from the trailer. I look up and I see one of the monkeys on top of the trailer. And as soon as I pull on my camera to take picture of him, he jumps inside the trailer because the trailer doors were open, and then he comes out, kind of eases out, and I took some pictures of him. He was sitting on the crate, and then I guess he heard the shutter firing on my camera and just start staring at me and my self in the deputy or there, just kind of taking it all in.
Speaker 7: But so so he gave you a death stare, I think, is how you described it when you got back to the office. You know this, Did the monkeys what they didn't seem aggressive to you? Why you were observing them?
Speaker 6: Did they No, No, they weren't. I don't know if they were.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously there's still a lot of questions, and I'm sure we'll talk about that, but they didn't seem aggressive. Actually talked with a couple of deputies and said.
Speaker 6: They were more curious.
Speaker 4: As obviously as Missi Cowai patrol and law enforcement got there, some of them kind of walked towards their cars, but not.
Speaker 6: In an aggressive manner or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Uh, they were mainly I think shook up, and obviously we don't know if they were drugged or you know, anything like that. But yeah, they were just kind of hanging out, and I think as they were kind of getting their wits back about them and things like that, they started wandering off a little bit from the accident site.
Speaker 7: Did they did the monkey seem injured after the wreck or was there there anything that made you think they might have been hurt?
Speaker 4: I one looked hurt. I really can't tell. I know in some of my photos he did look injured. One of them did h Mostly I think they had just been shook up, obviously going through and bouncing around in the media and things like that.
Speaker 7: Was the driver of the truck, was he willing to talk to you or were you able to get any anything out.
Speaker 6: Of the driver?
Speaker 4: Now, neither the driver or the co driver really talked throughout the whole thing. While I was there, they were talking to highway patrol and things like that, I guess, telling them what had happened. But obviously you know this that highway trol said the crash was still under investigate you.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, they'll probably say that for three months now. So right right, very very helpful organization, I'll be so. Uh But Kevin, tell us some of the first reports you were getting, you know, as you got out there, as you were driving there, tell us some of the things that you were getting, you know, maybe from the Sheriff's department or anything you were getting on the scene once you once you arrived from someone.
Speaker 4: Yes, so whenever I got there and took pictures is in also Hierberg Police department.
Speaker 6: That was one of the one of the people that I talked to.
Speaker 4: Uh, they were talking about they were trying to get a count on the monkeys and things like that. And as we're standing there and obviously a few of the monkeys had to be put down because they were leaving the crash site. And what I understood just kind of hearing the wildlife people talking to who I think was Tulane University.
Speaker 6: They were saying if the monkeys get loose away.
Speaker 4: From the crash site, to eliminate them and put them down basically, and that's what they had to do. They put several of them down. I think they ended up putting five down. Obviously we had to back.
Speaker 6: Away from there.
Speaker 4: They shut traffic down both ways things like that and made it safe for everyone, and I backed off of it, of course, but they put I think five down. And at that point we heard that one monkey had crossed the road the interstate and was actually close to where my car was parked. As we're sitting there, one of the deppies is like, I think I just saw a monkey go like down close.
Speaker 6: To where your car was at. Uh. So that was kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: But at the time, we were just hearing that they were aggressive and that they were going to Florida, which we I don't know where that rumor started, and then of course that they were diseased with all.
Speaker 6: Kinds of stuff, So a lot of conflicting reports.
Speaker 1: I know y'all were.
Speaker 4: Getting stuff in as I was on the scene too, but there was just a lot of confusion, I felt like.
Speaker 7: And they's still confusion.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: And before we get to that confusion, you told us a story about when once they started shooting the monkeys to try to prevent them from going away. You you told us that one had a very peculiar response to being shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you mind walking us through that?
Speaker 6: Yeah. So I'm standing behind the deputy, well behind a deputy, and.
Speaker 4: He fires off. He's obviously using an ar and from what I understand was the hallow point.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: He shoots the monkey, which they were pretty large, like there were some that were smaller, but there was pretty large monkeys there too, And he shoots one and it just turns around and stares at us. And I get behind a vehicle because we don't know how they're going to react. And I was blown away, and I think the deputy was too, that he shoots a monkey with an ar uh and the monkey just turns around.
Speaker 6: He had to shoot the.
Speaker 4: Monkey multiple times, and they did with all with pretty much all of them, I believe, had to had to shoot them multiple times because they were just I don't know, I really don't know the structure of a monkey, but apparently they were tough.
Speaker 6: They're tough animals.
Speaker 7: It is obvious that they were from from what she because I remember our reaction when you told us story in the office, where like, yeah, that that would have been about the time I got ready to leave. I see somebody get shot with a hollow point ak round and it doesn't phase them. Yeah, now I'm tapping out on that one. So and again, it's anytime there's a loss of life of an animal or anything like that. We're not making fun of that, we're not relishing that in any way, but we're just trying to recount what actually happened. One of the things to Kevin that I know you saw and I saw there were a lot of Facebook keyboard warriors who were quick to be critical of law enforcement officers, you know, saying things like why didn't you just shoot them with a tranquilizer gun and you and I know the simple answer to that, they're not equipped with that stuff. And yeah, you know when you're faced with the option of because again at this point there does zazed hyperly aggressive to human monkeys, is the story. So you're left with an option of put them down or let them get in the community and possibly in fact or worse harm or kill someone. You really pretty much the only option that they had was the lethal option that they chose Kevin, did I lose you.
Speaker 6: By Yeah, that's that's the that's the truth, and that's what I will.
Speaker 7: Hell, yeah, you're still here.
Speaker 6: I think we think there you go.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously I think that, Yeah. I think that's the biggest thing that I've I've told people is the fact that.
Speaker 6: You know, there's there.
Speaker 4: You don't have twenty tranquilizer darts or how or many a dozen tranquilizer darts on hand, and honestly, Jasper County and Jonalds County neither one or quilled for that. I mean, you don't know what to prescribe to a monkey.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously, we deal with cattle and horses around here, so you know, if you give an animal too much, you could you could kill them too. And uh, you know, obviously with them being aggressive and diseased, what we thought initially they were just trying to trying to make sure that nothing tragic happened to people or anyone else.
Speaker 7: Now, of course, the next day we see a statement from Tulane. We also get reports that it was not one monkey that escaped, but three monkeys that escaped. You know, first Kevin tell us about the first statement from TWU Lane, and then you can kind of tell us about how did they mistakenly think it was just one monkey that escaped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I think where the confusion really has start. And two Lane releases a statement saying that it's not their monkeys, it's you know, they're not infected, they're not diseased, anything like that, and it just kind of goes on and then they deflect to the Mississippi Highway Patrol and Jasperganny Sheriff's apartment, and then they were supposed to come get the monkeys the next day, so it would have been Wednesday. And then you've got wildlife fishing Game and Mission Highway Patrol and Jaffa Granna Shaff's apartment saying, you know, we don't have anywhere to house these monkeys. Their trailers broke, crates are broken. We need someone that knows what they're doing and how to handle these things up here now.
Speaker 6: So they make their way. Two Lane does.
Speaker 4: Around i'must assuming seven o'clock, six o'clock, seven o'clock somewhere along than there, and we find out that not one monkey's escaped, but three monkeys have escaped.
Speaker 6: And then it goes on to.
Speaker 4: Basically Jasper Counties referring back to Highway Patrol, Highway Patrols referring back.
Speaker 6: To tu Lane.
Speaker 4: Tu Lane's referring to Mississippi Wildlife. I mean, it's just back and forth, and honestly, I think it starts with TU Lane. I don't I don't want to throw the Sheriff's department under the bus or anyone else, because ultimately I think it starts with Tu Lane because now they're not wanting to be not referring to the Sheriff's Department. They're referring to wildlife fishing game in MHP as of today. So it's just kind of strange. They haven't said we're the they were taking the monkeys. They just I've heard Maryland from the Jasper County Sheriff's Department.
Speaker 6: I heard that some of the monkeys who were.
Speaker 4: Alive and were actually in cages at the rec scene that they were going back to Louisiana. So just a lot of confusion, and it's it's me amplified, I feel like by the university.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: And that's the other thing too, because you alluded to it. TWU Lane released a third statement today, again deflect deflect, deflect, I think is the way how I described it when I read it. There's the biggest question I have is, Okay, they're not tu Lane University's monkeys. That's what they tell us. But then they go on to tell us that the monkeys are not diseased, they're not your monkeys.
Speaker 6: How do you know that?
Speaker 7: And then another question I have, Kevin, and I know you don't have the answers, but I want to talk about it with you. The other question I have is the officials from Tulane arrived to this scene and has mad suits.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if they're not diseased, why are you aware of those? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't understand that we're saying they're not diseased. Yet there's pictures of them in face shields and everything else coming down here setting out live traps for the monkeys. And that's something that you know, everybody's got these questions and they're wanting answers, and no one is wanting to give straightforward answers in my opinion.
Speaker 7: And that's what I'm seeing. And as a reporter, you know you have an obligation to the community to get them the best, most accurate information possible. How frustrating has this entire ordeal been since the initial call to go out to the interstate to the crash scene. How frustrating has it been just trying to get a kernel of truth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very frustrating.
Speaker 4: It's frustrating for one because, and I'll say this, the Mississippi Highway Patrol they tout their chest on that they.
Speaker 6: Handle all recks. And you know this just as well as I do.
Speaker 4: They handle all res on the interstate and highway. They overrule our sheriff's departments or city police, and they do not say anything about it.
Speaker 6: We're handling it.
Speaker 4: Yet we both got the press release that they're not having any comment regarding the crash. Well, there was only one truck with a driver and co driver. What happened to cause the truck to crash, we don't know, and they won't comment on it. We heard a rumor today that the driver fell asleep, but it's one o'clock in the afternoon, and every co driver of the truck. But that's again, that's not from the MHP. That's just a rumor that we heard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there's no telling where that initially came from. So, I mean, you can't go to print with a rumors. It's beyond because I mean, again, this story has made national news. This is not a story that's just confined to our area now, and yet nobody's getting any real facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very frustrating, and you know, I understand with miss Wildlife and Game. The day of it happened, the guy who was kind of heading up things, he was getting pulled everywhere.
Speaker 6: He was trying to contact Tulane.
Speaker 4: He's trying to talk, you know, with Missy Piway patrolled about the accident, so he really couldn't give much information. But at some point someone has to give information. We don't even know where the monkeys were going to, you know, we were told by the Jaspergann Sheriff's Department Department, Maryland, but the hag on the trailer had made and then we don't know where the monkeys were actually going to. And there's been no one say that these monkeys were going to a university or a zoo or anything like that. Tulane has just said that they weren't theirs and they were someone else's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, essentially, nobody's even claimed these monkeys. So we don't even know one hundred percent, assuming Tulane's telling the truth. We don't know who owned these monkeys to begin with. We don't know how Tulane's name came associated with the monkey or do you know how Tulane's name came associated with the monkeys?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: The only thing that I know is that the Sheriff's department said that the monkeys came from Tulane University.
Speaker 6: That's the only thing that we know.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we don't even know if they got that from the driver or where that came from. It seems very suspect to me. And again the fact that Tulane says they're not theirs, but they know that they're not diseased. I mean, again, how do you know that if you weren't involved with them in some way, shape or form, and if they're not diseased. Back to the point we made before, why are you showing up on the scene in a full hasmad seat suit. I mean, what's what's what's?
Speaker 6: What are you like?
Speaker 7: I mean, it sounds like we're being fed a lot of lies, is what you're uh. And I hate to be that way to a university like Tulane, but it just it seems like somebody needs to fall on the sword here. I mean it, Ultimately, it's nobody outside of the driver in that vehicle's fault that the crash happened. Yeah, you know, it's not the fault of whoever owns these monkeys that the crash happened and three have gotten loose.
Speaker 6: It just isn't.
Speaker 7: But somebody has to take ownership and take responsibility here because these questions, we're not going to stop asking.
Speaker 6: Them, right, And that's the thing.
Speaker 4: I think that you've had so many news outlets cover it that have no affiliation here. And I'm not saying I'm not saying that really is degrading here. Thing I was because Fox and Use, the CBS, everyone else's has lashed onto this. But the problem is is there's no one to take a lead, like you said, no one to take ownership. You would think at some point there would be some kind of press conference or something to explain what happened and to give details of what's going on.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, we've been jokingly referring to it in the office as monkey gate, because you know, anytime there's a controversy you put gate behind it, it becomes more serious. It's just at some point, I mean because again, not just tu Lane, but somebody has to take the leadership role on the investigation side, because, like I said, you're getting nothing from Mississippi a Highway Patrol, the Mississippi Wildlife. I hadn't seen them say much. I mean, the Jasper County Sheriff's Department. I think they were the ones who would talk to us the most. But I think they've all but washed their hands of it now when are handed it off to the other folks, So I don't think they even have any information to add to it. Yeah, you know, you know how long, Kevin, have you been in journalism?
Speaker 4: I started in twenty twelve freelancing for newspapers, so you're looking at thirteen going on fourteen years now.
Speaker 7: In your fourteen years of experience, have you ever come across the story of this bizarre.
Speaker 6: No, I've never. I mean, you know you know this as well as I have.
Speaker 4: I've covered police shootings and everything else in between, and college football games and whatnot, and torn eights, and I've never seen anything like this, Never, especially for especially for a one car incident or one vehicle incident. I know there was monkeys on board and things like that, but we've I've covered accidents involving animals and things like that, but this is, this is unreal.
Speaker 7: It's it's just I mean, at this point, you know, all I can do is ask you to speculate. I mean, do you think that they're because I don't think they can cover this up. I think they're enough news agency sniffing around now that at some point we're gonna have to get something, like you said, a press conference. Something's gonna have to come out because I just don't see how you duck away from it. Do you believe that I'm right in that sense that maybe here soon well we'll have it. Or do you think they're waiting until they captured the three missing monkeys?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just don't see this going away. And I'll say this with with Tulane, with the Missip Howway Patrol, with every law enforcement agency that was out there, and mississipp Department of Wildlife, Fishing Game, I don't think.
Speaker 6: That this just goes and sweeps under the rug.
Speaker 4: In two weeks from now, no one is talking about it because there's three monkeys that are on the loose.
Speaker 6: I've grown up around this area.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of swamp land around there, a lot of honey leases and things like that. They're not going to probably find those monkeys here fast, I'll say that. So this isn't just gonna go away. It's going to keep going. And I know we're going to keep covering it, and every day that I go into work and I'm always checking to try to see if there's any kind of update. I mean, personally, I'm not gonna let it go. I want to I want to know who is going to step up and who's going to take the lead and say, Okay, here's the story, here's the details that we can give you and have a complete story. Because the rules of journalism is what, when, where, why? And we're missing a lot of whys, and we're missing the wares, we're his. There's a lot of things we're missing.
Speaker 7: We're missing the who.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're missing the who I mean, and that's.
Speaker 7: One of the most important Uh. And and again this is a pure speculation question, Kevin.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Why let's be again and this is an assumption we again really admit we don't know. But let's let's assume the monkeys did originate from Tulane as we were originally told. Why would they then turn and lie about them being their monkeys. I mean, that's that's the other thing, you see what I'm saying. That's part of why we're asking so many questions because it just doesn't make sense why you would lie about it unless maybe there's a greater risk than even what they told us initially.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing is I sit and ponder on it and have been for a couple of days. These monkeys didn't come from a zoo. They didn't come from the New Orleans Zoo going to the nash Zoo, right because we would know if they were going from the New Orleans Zoo to the Nashville Zoo or the Georgia Zoo or.
Speaker 8: You know whatever, that they would probably be healthy. They wouldn't have anything of the disease or anything like that. It would just be in no other terms, it would just be a tragedy. Right of they these monkeys were involved in accent, but the fact that they were at a university that often does research and does things like that, does testing, that kind of makes you raise your eyebrow. Yeah, And the fact that we're sitting here not knowing where they were going. You know, if they were saying Okay, we researched these monkeys and you know they've aged out and we're taken them to the Baltimore Zoo, Right, that would be believable. I could, I could really honestly believe that. Well, you know, they they tested on them and they don't have any diseases. They were going to Baltimore's zoo. Could believe that.
Speaker 4: But the fact that they're saying or not saying where they're going, that's where I raise the eyebrow at absolutely.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's there's a lot of questions. I mean, part of the reason I had you tell the story about the monkey that got shot and then turned and scared at y'all, is even even if that's natural, because as you said, we we don't know enough about monkey biology. But that definitely raised the red flaggers, like what what have they done to this monkey to where he can get shot with a hollow point from an a k and just turn around like nothing happened to him. That just that still blows my mind when I when I read that, because uh, it's just crazy that that this is exactly what is happening.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: And that's that's just one of those things that we continue to monitor and observe as we continue to talk about this this story, Kevin, and and you know, it's one of those stories that when you drove out to you didn't know it was going to be a national news story.
Speaker 6: At that time, right, you had definitely didn't expect that. No, it's.
Speaker 7: Like I said, have you let me ask you this before we start to wrap up. Did the Jasper County Sheriff Department have they told you where they got the initial reports that the monkeys were.
Speaker 6: Diseased and.
Speaker 7: Overly aggressive to humans? Did they tell us where we where we got where they got that information?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: There was an update on their press release blog, I believe, and they which they post the press release blogs also on their Facebook page, and and one of the updates they said the driver told them, I mean, that the monkeys were doomed, aggressive and could have diseases. And apparently that's when they reached out to tu Lane to try to figure out what was going on. And I'm from what I understand, it was the driver and the co driver the vehicle saying that the monkeys were diseased. And one of the things too that was said while I was standing there was that they were advising them not to touch them without PPE, without wearing something. So you know, that's another thing that kind of raises an eyebrow. Why couldn't they handle the monkey's crates, not the monkeys the crates without PPE?
Speaker 7: Yeah, did have you tried to reach out to two Lane yourself yet? And if you haven't, is that going to be your next step in this investigation?
Speaker 6: No? I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't reached out to tu Lane yet, and if I need to, I probably end will end up doing it. It doesn't seem like they're responding to anyone other than releasing updates on their on the cord though probably the same way as a Missy Highway patrol.
Speaker 7: Too frustrating for sure. You know, we just want to answers. I mean, that's that's all we're asking for. That's not too much to ask for. We're not trying to place blame. We're not trying to We want the public to be safe, and right now, I think there's a very realistic concern that these monkeys are as they were described initially, just based on the way tu Lane has handled things. It just seems like they're trying to skirt away from liability blame they sure do know an awful lot about these monkeys for a group that hadn't for a university that had nothing to do with them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: For sure, it's just a lot of like I said, the who, what, when, where, or why and all that, we're just missing a lot of those.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And here's the thing. If they're not two Lane's monkeys, and we again we're speculating when we say we're not sure we're buying that, but if they're not theirs, then maybe they should be helping us find out who was the owner of the monkeys, so that way we can try to make sure that the we're talking to the appropriate people, you know, because if they're not two Lane's monkeys, again speculating again, it definitely makes me think that Tulane knows who the owners are if there are in fact not truly theirs, because there's a connection somewhere to these monkeys, and it just their knowledge just and it's not just because they have a strong knowledge of Reese monkeys in general. I mean, there's a little bit more that Tulane knows than they're willing to let us know. At least that's my opinion.
Speaker 6: I think you agree with me on that, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 7: Well, Kevin, I know that you'll stay on top of this. You know that myself and Guru will be right there besides you helping whatever you need from us.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Is there anything else you want to leave the listeners with before we wrap this thing up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just keep an eye on if you live in the Hoddleburg area, keep an eye on your trail.
Speaker 6: Counts, and uh, stay safe. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I know we kind of joke about it, but seriously, after watching several deputies in law enforcement try to shoot these monkeys, if you see one, I do not approach it thinking that it's you know, a possom or a raccoon or you know some wildlife that we normally have around here, because they they definitely are stronger than what you think.
Speaker 7: Stronger than we are, for sure. Yeah, this is the funniest thing, Kevin. Guess who's on TV the Thursday night college football game? Right we're recording this.
Speaker 6: I don't know who is it?
Speaker 7: Two Lane. You can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that it might end up being reference.
Speaker 7: Then I would hope, I would hope. So I know Glenn Banks already had it. I'm surprised we hadn't seen a clip of Pat McAfee talking about it. Maybe he's saving that for college game day. Well look, Kevin, I appreciate you coming on. This won't be the last time I have you on. Maybe next time we'll talk about something beside monkeys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, for sure. Thanks Kevin, all right, thank you.
Speaker 7: Well everyone that was Kevin Lindsay with the Laurel Leader called my coworker telling us about the great monkey escape, the great monkey outbreak, whatever you want to call it. But there are a lot of questions that we have, and I mean again, we can speculate.
Speaker 6: All we want.
Speaker 7: We don't know for sure if the monkey's originated from too Lane. We don't know for sure what caused the accident. We don't know for sure if the monkeys are disease riddled and dangerous. There are so many questions that we just don't have answers to yet. We just need somebody to step up and take the lead and answer these questions. Kevin, I think is definitely the right reporter to stay on the job and stay after it. He knows he's got the full support of our boss and owner, Jim Sigelski. He knows he's got great supporting casts behind him to make phone calls where needed. And myself and Josh Guby Nichols. So again, a crazy story that just it sounds like something you'd find in a movie. Yet this is real life, that it's really happening. I hope that you guys will be careful out there. If you see something you think as a monkey, maybe maybe stay away from it. Maybe maybe don't try to be the hero yourself. This has been the right Side Radio program and this has been our special report special episode on the monkey madness, Monkey Madness in Mississippi. Thank you Kevin Lindsey, and we will be back again real soon.
Speaker 1: When you were ready to double down, dive in, try for a show and not look back. Roll into Pearl River Resort.
Speaker 2: From tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night, Savor the flavors, feel the fly within, Big Let's rule in the Pearl Rivers, mus Speak twenty What Order to Play, Gambling Problem called Wonne Hunter Gambler.
Speaker 7: The Midnight Ride.
Speaker 3: The home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America God and Country, The right Side Radio show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content.
Speaker 7: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild, so the right Side radio program and license reviewed. I don't want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride, and remember enter the promo code m I D N I g H T R, I D E and say big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had.
Speaker 5: Go for the green with stay and play packages at the award winning Dancing Rabbit Golf Club. You'll love the comfort and convenience of the newly renovated Dancing Rabbit n Beautiful single or double rooms and suites available. Or bring your group and stay at our elegant clubhouse, room, golf and dine packages starting at one hundred and thirty nine dollars. Book today called eight six six four four Pearl or online at Pearl River Resort dot com.
Speaker 1: It's key to Pearl River Resort.