Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to a new episode of My Candicast. I'm Canaday, and today's episode we've got We've got a couple different things we're gonna be talking about.
Speaker 1: Uh, we have some news articles and we're doing a demo, so like we're trying to work in new segments. So we're gonna be doing a live demo today. Yeah, like a little how to. We'll be able to go through half of it.
Speaker 2: The other half you'll have to check out a video we already posted, but we'll get into that. Ohio is finally open for adult use. We're going to drive into that new product testing, uh for people working well see yeah, new tech.
Speaker 1: New tech. Yeah, yeah, thank you. I'm blanket on it.
Speaker 2: And then other than that, have a couple of other things we'll be diving into too. So hope you all enjoyed the Saturday Waking Bake with Groovy live from Massachusetts at the Homie Camp Collective out there.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout out the whole team. It was great. So were my bracelets. I figured once the month's over, I'm taking them off. Hell yeah, but mainly is I don't know whatever. The Homie Grown Cup which was really fun. Uh, just it was a little different. Wasn't like live judging like how seven ten was, or like how Big Cloud was, Like it's or how I think Summer and Smokeout is gonna be. I think that's slight live judging. Some is let's just look. So I think some of it is just kind of like here, look at it, take it home like or whatever, and that's it. After you can do whatever. But it's only judging. Look, so there's different levers. I don't know exactly what my ticket judge passes for yet, but you know, we'll kind of you team efforting that one. But this one was different because you actually went to each booth and you kind of like talk to them and then you just scand a QR code and they gave you some sample and then you rated it in your own time. But you got to like ask them about the product, look at it. You could all like the big parts of it interesting because it was like definitely like you know, like caregiver vibes. Yeah, but all over in New England, I think Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts were the ones that I remember, Oh that stood out like product wise, Nope, just just just different people saying they were from different states, they different vendors, Like it wasn't just like a Massachusetts cup. That's what I'm saying, Like you know what I'm saying. It wasn't like a metric event like this was just caregivers venturing and for wherever. So I think one person was from New York. So you really had like a little bit of everyone. It was neat, Uh, wasn't it was, you know, a little more intimate on the competition. I think it was like fifteen sixteen entries, you know, any different crodding, any product you really liked out there? Any brain? Uh my man, I can't remember where he's from right now, but I don't think I think I don't think it was main but typologist he had some wasn't that was all right? But his his it was like solid but the freeze dry like it was all right, no problems, like tasted good. It was just a little bit hot outside so it was kind of sappy. But that was only one trying. But what was really good that I liked by Tripotogist was they That's the one that stood out was the freeze dried skittles. Sorry, I was trying to remember because there was freeze dried skittles and there's free dry something else and that's what I'm drying a blank and that's why I've been trying to remember. But the freeze dry whatever is they were all right, But the skittles, between the skittles and that they knocked me right out. Like I literally ended up sleeping like nine and a half hours out of music festival. Am, that's like, that's not how cold? Like I mean, granded started raining, So I was like, how do eat these edibles and get high? And like? And I was. I was just eating in edibles and smoking. I was chilling and I just passed out in the rain. It was wonderful. But no, no, no, I'm saying they were great. It was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool because if you didn't sorry Saturday to the waken Bank, you showed us around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. It was definitely like at a dirt track. Was it was? It was? The venue was it was all right? You know, I mean the people throwing the U Fest Charlie and the Homi Cape killed it it for what the venue was. They they yeah, we might do a recap kind of talking about next year. Cool he's been busy. But anyways, but some the hash that stuck out to me was the legendary Organics dudes out of Maine. I really like. They had some triple Burger and some papaya that stuck out and it was gas man, yeah man stuff. He said he would, He said he might. He said he would maybe fun with us, come on the podcast too. I mean I only say maybe he said he would. I just only say maybe because only putting people words in their mouth and I mean because with time and stuff. But some good stuff out of uh May. I liked about him was that he was like looking for real judges. He's like, he's not looking for everyone. Just put fives because it was good Hash. He was like, you gave me a four. I was like, yeah, one of them. I was like, it was really good. I was like, I'm not saying I was like, gave you fives. Mostly, I was like, I just gave you four on one. He's like he looks at his buddy, He's like, that's a real judge. I was like, I was like, I'm just saying it because it really was good HASH. But like I was on the border, I was like, I don't know if I can give it perfect. And I was like, I be honest, I might have gave you mostly five. So I thought I gave you one four. But it's only because, like you know, one of your stuff had more shine, you know me when like like this Apex shit, even like when it looks like when it's got smells and it's got like that turpy like look to it. You put that on the cam for me. It's got that little shine too it. I love that little turpiness because then it's also mallueable. It's got a little terpiness to it. It's great to see that you got the Apex because they actually had. Yeah, man, they were in this so man right down the street. And the thing is when I ran into him at seven ten, because you know those dudes are you know, they just they're out here talking about good hash. They're they're just hash makers. And that's the thing about the caregiving community and the metric. The hash makers just go where the hashes. They're really not like you know, and you have people who draw their lines for their own moral reasons, and that's fine, you know, their own safety reasons, their own test reasons, whatever, do what you want. But I love people who were like, you know, like, hey, we used to have a brand here and we used to do with this and then now we do it here because they just you know, so when you meet Apex, you know it's kind of cool. Yeah, we had them on the podcast last year, so check when they were about to go like legal and figuring all that out.
Speaker 2: So it's stick a while. That's a while, no, I mean we knew that. We've talked many brands. It took forever to get up and go on good stuff to hold. I do want to say shout out you tried it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Cenci's reggae van that you checked out, since we've been to a lot of their events and I didn't know they had an Actually yeah, it's a good.
Speaker 1: Way to segue because like from the Homi Grown Cup that was neat like because there was like that's the thing about these music festivals, especially indie level, like you are getting a lot of this cannabis influence. Sometimes when they're at the mainstream level, they don't need it. You know, they have so much marketing they have, they have everything they need. They don't need that like extra boost. So these indie festivals are open to the mind of like yeah, come support, come do your cannabis thing. You know that, you know, the cups, it was all free. I mean, I'm sure it costs for the badge like the past, but then the cannabis was given away free, right, there's like loopholes, right, and then there's like things like that. So it's like it's cool that they can bring them in. Even look at Seaso so brought on the next level. They're metrically even selling cannabis like this and like two when this comes out tomorrow, it starts on Thursday. Yeah, that's why I'm like, wow, yeah, you don't even want to start where my brain's at. It's wild man. It's been Nuice down on Tuesday, grateful but it's just wild man. But no, but they're doing metric sales. And then they also you were cups, so they're like blending both the world. So it's like, really, what Summer and Smokeout is doing is what like my ideal, Like i mean, it's like what I like is kind of bringing them in being that bridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because their cup was anyone could enter the cup. If I'm not mister, there's different different owner.
Speaker 1: The Homie Grown was just in Massachusetts. Was just like it feels like anyone could enter, but like I feel like you wouldn't enter under a Metric brand name, you know what I mean for legal reasons. Just kind of like how like you know some of the caregiver events here are no different Yeah, you know, it's all just donating. I don't know how they get through. There's loopholes, right, I don't know, not mine. I don't throw events. That's not my world. But the Metric one or the CISO Summer and Smoke Out in the up. We'll probably check it out this weekend, O stay through the eleventh. I'll be there Sunday playing at like two one very I can't remember right now, one and two day set. But uh, they are doing the uper Cup which has the Metric Level, and I think there's two other ones and I'm blanking on what they are right now. I'll look it up as we talk. But what's cool about it is like I don't know how they did the loophole, but I'm pretty sure it's because one is based off more like looks and visual stuff like which is the Caregiver one or whatever they have a metric one, there's different. Yeah, that's what I mean. But that's why I like about that different level. They're really creating that bridge of like, hey man, you grow this ship, come have fun if you want to. That's how it's cool, man. It's it's very unique. I don't know if always man, because I do like things like the exact the Olympics that they do is you know, and only the top because I think there's different levels top of it.
Speaker 2: They're both they're testing in the metric and they're not testing here, so like you would have to have the exact same right, like the if it's no metric and they're testing, they would have to be tested to go into that.
Speaker 1: That's all I want to say. It's levels to shoot right and be able to compete with all the metri bads. You should be able to.
Speaker 2: You should be like if you were able to test and then go and try to get in the High Times right. High Times is coming out this weekend too. Their composition, like that would be something you'd want to get into, right, like being able if you could. But I like how they have it here at CECIL because they have the metric and well.
Speaker 1: Like you said, it's there's levels to this stuff, and like for this, this is really a really big bridge to me, Like it really creates that like, hey, you know, entering different levels. I'm looking it up right now. I am, oh my almost, I'm looking up something for on the next articles here. It is here. It is interested in the Uber Cup. So there's the Upper Peninsula Cultivators, which is the metric contest right metric. And there's Upper Peninsual residents, which is public show or tell style, that's what we were talking about. And then there's the sponsors, which the attendees and people vote, which is like only the sponsors and then people can vote. Like that's I know that if you go, I might be done. Now. I'm not sure if there's any left. But if you already purchase your ticket for like a low price of like one hundred some hundred bucks whatever, one hundred and twenty bucks for the festival ticket, then you can get There was like limited passes for that level cup too, Like I said, I don't know exactly what my pass gets me. I just know I'm judging, and then if Canada is there, I'm going to have a side judge. So we'll probably just take our average. It's gonna be us, you know what I mean, Let's be real unless there's good hash because but it goes. Now what happened? I rolled up a gram. I'm driving, so I guess what I said. I know where, I know how you get back. That'd be an expensive uber. It's really it wouldn't be worth doing ash anyways. Well no, and that's I do love the summer and small out thing because like I think that's very key to beginning, is getting into and growing and seeing what's really out there and putting yourself in real competition because everyone, you know, like back in the day, everyone had the best weed because that was the local weed guy. He had the local weeds. So you're like, sweet, you're the man, You're the best. You're the best I can find personally. But now that it's out there, it's healthy to kind of go, like why I even told you to enter, because you can start seeing where your shit really is and like, you know, when it's worth the investment to like really put yourself to that next level. Facts. I mean, it's gotten me more recognition since everyone in that yeah yeah right, And I think those are even you know a little bit going on a little bit longer. But I love this idea of having the bridge of multiple comps. And then I think because it's all of them, so really cool with comps. Yeah. So anyways, yeah, just with the news. Yeah yeah, real quick, we just got a couple of news articles to talk about because we just got some things that are popping off real quick. I'll just talk about this. The one in Florida just kind of neat. Amendment three is coming to vote in November, so just to talk about it a little bit. No, Avement three is basically Florida's attempt at going legal. Uh woo. Right, and then you know, congrats. Three ounces of cannabis, five ounces of half.
Speaker 2: Five five grams five fine, like more flower and that ships on Michigan.
Speaker 1: I messed up, Yeah, I know. Three ounces of flower, five grams of constraints is what I think you can max purchase or max day, whatever your max. Uh. They didn't mention about home grows. So that's why they looking up right now, Dave a little curious because well I couldn't find anything, and then you didn't find anything, and then nowadays relooking, I guess because we it's looked on the computer bike like.
Speaker 2: There was you'd be able to grow at home if you were a caregiver, like medically, but doesn't say but I'm like, am I pulling up the right laws?
Speaker 1: So like, don't quote me in that. I'm like not find you really Yeah, but again in this article that I found on them. And then three, you know, they really didn't talk about it. They just talk about what you can hold on to yourself, you know, and then they list all the states they're legal illegals. It just talks about that it doesn't instantly come legal, like as soon as it's voted. They just want to remind you that that's how it always is. So on November fifth, Illegal it seeks to legalize reckus marijuana over rose or twenty what up? Three ounces of five grands country. That's all I got from the Talahas the Democrats. So I think it's I think it's big if Florida goes to legal. I just think it'll be a matter of time. Like if it does go legal, people are gonna be fighting for like, all right now, I need a homegrow. Like it's just gonna take another longer. It's not grow because if it's said medical, they would because it is a Jersey.
Speaker 2: You can't assume if you legalize the plant and you don't and you don't legal homegirls of plant's not legal.
Speaker 1: It's not just regulated. Yes, that is not legal.
Speaker 2: So like any law that doesn't have it for people to be able to grow the plant, I'm not really for it. I'll be honest, I don't care. I don't care because not many people want to grow the plant, right, but the people that should should be able to grow the plant without fear of prosecution, without fear being raided, without fear of anything. Because it's legal in the state. The state's making tax money, and it's difficult. It's not easy to just grow cannabis. It takes time, it takes consistency, and there's challenges. So now you can hear that in his voice, legalize it. Legalize the plant so everyone can have a chance to grow it. These big businesses aren't going to lose out on that much money because you still got to paid electrical bill and you got to buy you, You've got to buy you everything. So make the plant legal, make sure there's homegrows. That's my only thing for every state. Like if it ain't legal, there's no homegrows or if it's legal and there's no homegrows.
Speaker 1: So we'll see how it goes. But that's what we have to report for now. We'll keep you updating. I'm m in three anyways, this is actually kind of kind of huge, so we're gonna say, I'm gonna even give him the happy button here. First day legal sales in Ohio is officially yesterday or today as we're recording because we had to record this late but because of my travel. But they're officially selling bud So that's gonna be really crazy.
Speaker 2: Said, there was like ninety eight dispos starting out, so that's actually if I was in Michigan now and we are in Michigan and then one of those brands that are at the.
Speaker 1: Border, I'm the apex on the rainbow.
Speaker 2: I'm curious of how many dispos are along the borderline of to Michigan, Ohio, and that how many are connected to where not Detroit, but where we have disposed on the border in Michigan and where they have disposed.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If those brands don't start building a brand or they don't, they're just there for retail and the sales. Like it's getting they're gonna see the hit now because like it's officially now that Ohio Ins I don't know if that's their name, but Ohioans, all right, bless you are able to go out and buy recreational cannabis. And I think that and I think you know that that's probably gonna that's probably going to scare a lot of brands now here in Michigan because they're probably going to be losing some type of revenue unfortunately. But y'all knew that was eventually going to happen because we the whole goal is not just Michigan be illegal.
Speaker 1: You will want, but I mean, like, realistically, the business is just going to cut back on the hours for employees and just cut and make more deals so they're not going to make as much. But I feel like, like you said, they had to plan for this. You can't assume they think I would. You can't assume this shit is gonna lask you for I mean, granted, like I said, it's gonna only infect the employees, you think the owners are gonna lose. No, they're gonna cut back on hours like crazy, and if it does get that bad, you just close up. You can just move it. Yeah, you're just and be to be honest with you, you just move the disco to a different part, but or sell the license and you make moneyways and then get out of the game while you make while you're ahead. Yeah at the end of the day. But because you should be stacking up bread right now, tons of people Ohio guaranteed coming in buying their max a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Because I'm curious how many more are going to continue to come across. I mean, either way, bro, that's not for a while, Like Ohio is not gonna have gas for a little bit. It's just like Michigan exactly. I mean, you've still got some time Like this is they they've got time to kind of figure it out. People might not want to make the drive though, now that's what I'm saying, Like those there's gonna be a twenty thirty percent of people now that might just stay in Ohio instead of driving to Michigan.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that's their main demographic is those people who are just looking for like the easiest smoke the men. I think people who are already coming to Michigan are looking for good proquality. Yeah, that's my only argument I think you're absolutely. I think you're actually right to some degree. No matter what, they're gonna start seeing the numbers go down. I just think it's gonna be over a years or a couple of year or two, you're gonna see it just keep going down. And once they hit that point where like we're not profiting, then they'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the brands now will start that cost start doing that. But like if you like an old school organics shout out you like a Kinship, shout out two of our partners, like or a Huna or an Apex, they're not in Ohio. You're gonna come up here and pick up that product. Still, So I don't think different number completely. Yeah, but I do think some of the people aren't gonna show up. I still think some are going to.
Speaker 1: Show up, Like a fifty to fifty. I think it's just gonna be. Yeah, so good thing for Ohio. We'll see how And this last one is in Michigan, so this one's a little bit more home to us. But this one's kind of neat and I'm kinda and I yeah, it's kind of kind of frustrating that we need it, but we'll see. So Michigan Cannabis News. Am I Cannabis and am my companies testing for new tech to tests on cannabis only on the job only, or I said use on the job only. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is for businesses that have zero policy taler, zero tolerance, yeah, or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. So, like talking about like machinery, you're talking probably government is probably looped in there, but firefighters, police officers, I imagine first responders are still in there. I don't know. Maybe they still get screwed because of what they do. Yes, so pretty much they were talking about having machineries industry. That's a huge industry, man, that's a huge industry. When you're talking like like line workers. Yeah, it's a lot of people that there's effects two things. So I was going to dig into the tech first, but dig into the tech. Well, essentially this test by Hound Technologies, Hound Industries. I'm sorry, I'm blinking. We talked about a couple of things at home and close the stuff I think it was. I think it was Hound. Yeah, yeah, that sounds right, Own Labs. Yeah, And it's a breathalyzer device that essentially does breathalyzer device is made to only test cannabis use if you're basically high, I don't know how accurate it is. But and also you know, but you know, there's two ways to look at and I want to hear your opinion first, but because I imagine ours won't be the same. But I mean, what do you think? Just like so, like it's supposed to be a limited test, like to only test you when you're on cannabis. And I don't know if that means within an hour or two, but basically meaning like that if you smoke that day before, it can't test that. It can only test you if you're high at the moment, right, How long? How long is that test though? Like is it for fifteen minutes that it can test it for?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it an hour? It can test that? You know, it doesn't dig into that doesn't give you specifics, Yeah, we have Those are matters.
Speaker 2: You're right, that does matter a lot. And then my other thing is is if I'm a medical patient here in the state, I actually be a lot of smoke. I don't care what my job is because if I'm taking bike it in, I'm taking xanax, I'm taking whatever, I'm still able to do my job. You're not testing me for pharmaceutical Why can't I eat a ten milligram edible to help my sciatic nerve throughout the day when I'm when I'm operating a machine, it's just like taking Viking in for my siatic nerve, right, or a couple of muscle relaxers and the muscle relaxer. I believe they tell you don't operate every machinery. So I kind of go back and forth with that site. I mean, if you're allowed to be on pharmaceuticals, can you why can't you be on edibles or whatnot?
Speaker 1: You know, I think that would become downe a medical license then at that point. But this is probably more discussing in adult use felka, like just using cannabis, because when it talks about it, it's like legally using in legal states. Now that these issue is going legal, I think they're more talking about just twenty one and up legal. That's it. Don't really then it goes out medical as too much build this machinery.
Speaker 2: Don't you think cops are going to want this machinery then to start testing us and making it mobile or somehow.
Speaker 1: So I'm just not a fan of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My big thing, Like I said, like, you're gonna start testing people when they're driving, and it's like you cannabis.
Speaker 1: They say, they claim that it's only going to be used if we claim see impairment, Oh you look high. The only way we're gonna use it, right, But we know someone's gonna be like using that to their power and just use it a something. So you have to prepare for both situations, right.
Speaker 2: Why can't Why can't you do a nicotine test people smoke cigarettes. That's my thing is nicotine gets you high.
Speaker 1: I hit if I hit a it's a shorter buzz, and I think that's I think that's kind of like why this breathalyser tests idea In theory, they like it. People like it because like in theory, right, if it was like, hey, this is can only test if you smoked weed within the past thirty minute or two hours, let's be fair for work, because right if you got high smoked, you know, basically it would maybe an hour or two whatever with some type of small window, and they could prove that with like hey we've tried a time time again, and nine out of time ten times it doesn't create a false positive right, and then if you do get a positive, they have to retest you in twenty minutes to make sure the two were both positive, like or fifteen minutes. Right, There were some layers to testing. I see why in theory it could be like beneficial because then you give the right to these machine workers to smoke weed and not feel guilty and scared that they can lose their job and all their insurance benefits and all their stuff for their family. Right, So I get it in theory it sounds nice. I just worry that it's going to create a lot of false positives. It's gonna, like you said, test a day before or like eight hours prior. So then what's the point if I only get six hours of sleep now I'm getting in trouble for smoking weed last night. You know, it almost feels like there needs to be a lot of testing that goes before this goes into like law that this is like good to go. You know, that's my only thing with this testing. I just like the idea in theory for people who can't smoke weed, because like it's already unfair enough. But when you're heavy, like but like people who drive semis, you know, you can't be dabbing all day on a puff co and then not get sleepy after eight hours of driving street, you know what I mean. I don't think that's safe, right, I mean, I understand there's certain things where you can't get high all day, right, even me, right, So that's how it is, right, I agree with that. So it's just one of those things that we got to kind.
Speaker 2: Of like, I just will see what I just gotta know more about it before I'm not fully for it, and they like if.
Speaker 1: They no, no, I'm didn't say I'm for it. I just understand why in theory people are like these, the government people and like machine people, like all these people are liking it because then it protects them in a little bit better a way. Because growing up from a family like with my dad who did do shop work and stuff, that was a big fear of why he would never touch weed because oh, you know, cause you lose your job, lose all your benefits, you're gonna lose your whole livelihood over some of you're doing at home that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have to fear that, So agreed, I see, it's more mainly for not smoking on the job because like dude, Ford and GM used to have, employees can take breaks on lunch and get shit faced drinking and stuff.
Speaker 1: And there's even been and that's why they talked about impairment. And I think if someone's impaired, they probably should just be taking the like a breathalyzer that can panel them, like are you on alcohol? Are you or are you on because like you said, if it's medical or not, like you going to be on ope, Like even if you have Xanax prescribed, you shouldn't be on, Like you shouldn't be on a bar while operating machinery semi completely. These are the only reasonhy I bring these up because if these are only the two jobs that I think you really could get hurt when you're too fucked up on is driving a semi in heavy machinery because you accidents happen. You can kill each other, kill yourself either way, and others. Right, if you're just slightly you know, maybe you didn't get enough sleep and you just took a little too much ZAMS even though if you prescribed it, I don't care that she could fuck you up, let me tell you. But so that's why I'm trying to say, I understand there are certain things that I get it, but those people still deserve the right to smoke weed. So we have to figure out something that makes both sides happy, the people who don't people who like it because of the day. It's not fair, regardless if you fucking like it or not. It's not fair. It's not just that is true. Dog. So yeah, I think I should get a dab. Yeah, and then we'll go into the house. Yes, yeah, I guess it's time to pretty much jump into the demo that you want to do. And this is definitely where we're trying to This is kind of like a neat like experiment and honestly a new way. We're going to take this segment where basically a pro teaches a novice. That's a segment, and then we're going to fill that into education series whatever whatever like topic. So we're today we're doing germaning seeds, but we're going to do different topics that Canadave is going to teach me, like basically teaching you if you're a novice or learning to grow. And then if you're a pro, you can also listen to what Cannadave says and be like bullshit in the comments or whatever.
Speaker 2: Collab on some of the ideas because we had on redit. I had some people that were like, why did you do this? And I had people back up what I did because I didn't see the comments till the next day.
Speaker 1: And we do a lot of.
Speaker 2: Advocating and we try to inspire going to try cannabis. And I know we do a lot of educating, but I want to pick up more on the education within cannabis, and I think that's my goal for remainder of this year, is to try to produce some more content for you all on education that you can take like, so we'll do the long four time on form content here where Groovy can ask questions back and forth. And then if you already seen it, I did post a minute video on how to germinate seeds and that you can see them in my Cannic Cast and Canad Dave. So I'm gonna start trying to do some more stuff within the grow. I usually hate recording myself and the grow for some reason personally, and that's usually why you don't see a bunch because I just like to go down there and work and I don't really think about doing the content and Groovy can test that when I'm down there, I have my headphones in and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it because you just hear him add living whatever the rappers Living is my favorite. He doesn't usually rap, but he're like migos. Yeah, that's true, especially when the megals are out with the hood. But when I moved in with him, that's was like out. It was like all the time, I'm just go anybody, Oh what's up? Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, but for really work? Could I get it? But no, no, no, But I appreciate that because like, and there's a certain level to like when you're by yourself, how you're gonna playing it. And that's why it's great to do the educational video by yourself because you can really get that, like, here's what I want the in photo you across. Well, what's nice about this this long form, Matt, is that now people we can hear the conversation I'm gonna ask questions naturally that people are just being like thinking. Right. So now if you listen to the long format all the way through your prob you might learn in a different way. So if you do in the recruit of the video and go back and forth in the best part. All this already gonna be transcribed on the website too, is ready, I'm stepping on my out here. Yeah yeah, yeah, And actually why we're at the halfway point and we are out here. Let's shout out Old Score Organics, a family, shout out kinship and welcome on High nine. And they are official and first time official beverage of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we'll be getting samples and we'll be showcasing them. You might have seen them on Awaken Bake while back.
Speaker 1: Actually I do have the right here too. Oh wow, So yeah, shout out. I'm actually gonna keep that. Is this in camera right now? We drank them? I mean yeah, all right, so I'm keep that. I'm gonna keep that there. Good shot. But yes, they are official drink sponsor. That's kind of what we'll be doing. We'll have them in the wide shots. We're expanding a lot of things for y'all and going back and shout out to Cannabis Workers Resources, because we do love that female owned businesses and we love to work with people who are trying to do things for cannabis, so that aren't just they're necessarily selling cannabis people just for the employees. Right, you're doing something that's advancing cannabis culture or anything unique with cannabis, we want to get behind you. Reach out to us, you know.
Speaker 2: So, and if there's education that you want, anything from a grow or anything from cleaning the dab, yeah.
Speaker 1: DM canadave or my caanicas yeah, or.
Speaker 2: My candid but anything formal, DM canadave yeah. Because I want to do more. And if I slack, hit me in the dms hit me for con just hit him in.
Speaker 1: The face or do that. I really don't care. Well, just hit them up anyway. So today we're gonna be teaching how to germane some seeds and we're gonna be teaching me so female is what you want.
Speaker 2: Usually the feminized is the pistols that turn in the buds that you smoke, and then the males have sacks that pollinate and produce the seeds in the plant that will hurt me, your female plants. Feminize is exactly what Groovy said is. Usually there's some type of spray that you spray on a plant. I forgot what it was called. Our buddy told us a while back, and you'd spray it and then that would pretty much hurt me the plant correct.
Speaker 1: So feminized seeds, I guess my question is, so regular seeds male and female correct can be either obviously correct. When you feminize me, does that make them does it make them weaker the genetics? Some people say so because it's down the line they'll start to herm me potentially. So I feel like almost feminize seeds are great, So maybe good to learn with because you're not gonna screw your grow up with getting males because you don't know identify sacks. But having regular seeds is probably better if you're trying to make good genetics or maybe at your level when you're like you're really in there every day, like you're really trying to grow some great cans with strong genetics.
Speaker 2: Right Like for me, I'd probably just grow feminized. You know, it may be easier for you because then you don't have to because here's the thing. If you grow regulars and you veget and then you don't know the presets, like you you're not familiar with seeing some white pistols at the beginning, and I've even had some that showed presects that I thought were female and they still ended up being male. And what I'm getting to that is you might spend three months on a regular seed to pop it, veget for a month and a half and then you flower, and then within the first week and a half of flower, you'll notice the ball. So like if you're grown outdoors and that's your time, say Michigan, you're growing outdoors your twelve plants, you're gonna want to start with feminized or start with cuttings?
Speaker 1: Right, And what does that one say at the bottom it's a little low on the camera. What does it say? So the last three times is height? Is medium? Or is tall? Because it says flowering time there it's just fifty six to sixty three day.
Speaker 2: And then the yield says heavy. But most of exotic stuff says yields heavy.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. Yeah. So so really realistically, what you got there is your genetics and then about flowering time because that's nice because like ad for feminine seeds for someone who's not grown before, this would be nice. Right, So that's cool. So now we got our seeds, we know. Thanks shout out Mike if you haven't checked out that podcast. A little bit shorter one, but you know, busy man busy conference, but we got some live interview. Just badass that he sat down and talked with us. Yeah, just being able to get it whatever, shout out. He knows his gene x Field. I'm sure you've heard a grease monkey. It's a little strain he's made Bangering. Well, Bangering then's Canada's baby. But he definitely in genate that one. But there's other ones too. I'm just blanking on all the ones. I just know grease monkey was a big staple of no.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, so first stop man to generate, to germinate some seeds. What I like to do is everyone's got their own technique. But I like to do is I like to get a I like to get a shot glass. I like to fill it up with water, vodka.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I just like a shot Litter'll go, no shot glass. Okay, So we got our seeds. I got my hemp seeds. I got my shot glass full of water. So and then here's exotic seeds. Here's the water.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's in camera, you're perfect. So and as you see on Exotic seas, we got the female.
Speaker 1: A bit tighter than the shot glass, but you're toting yeah female sign and then about the shot. And so then you open this up and it looks like all the seeds are underneath of this kind of kept in like a little dire frum keys probably keep them saving.
Speaker 2: All right, So there is the six seeds that Gruby has and we're gonna we're just gonna throw in two two.
Speaker 1: So usually I look at them, I like to take the best looking ones.
Speaker 2: If you see the black stripes on them, we call those tiger stripes, and then usually those have the best seed crack open rate, I would say. So when you see when you see these black tiger stripes, right, if you will does that? So you're basically that with those are kind of like a sign of increasing probability that they're actually gonna be positive, like actually be ready. Is I mean they're more mature or necessarily torture.
Speaker 1: I dot not gonna more mature that I have a better chance of that plant to root and grow. Okay, So it's not necessarily maturity. It just necessarily means that it's like that seed is gonna give you a better.
Speaker 2: Trace you have if you have a premie seed, those barely pop, right, Those ones that are like white, yeah, right, right, right, So I look for the best ones.
Speaker 1: Premature seeds. You barely canna pop, you know what I'm saying. And then and then what I do is, yeah, I know right, I'm sorry, there's a joke there. I just drop them right in the shot glass, right, and then within time, okay, so yeah, I can see like the little black on the one, the one that has like a little strength on it. Yeah, I see. So then do is dropped him in right, drop anything on him or anything? No? Nothing, I put nothing on it. I just squeeze it. I don't I'm just asking. I don't know. I literally grab them, no pressure, and I dunk them like I'm doing a dunk of a dab, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, so he's go ahead, so little dunk one. Yeah, but literally that's that's all I do. And then we would take that shot glass and then I would put it. I usually put in my cabinet, cool dark place, say cool twenty four hours later, maybe even sixteen. Usually the seeds will sink to the bottom or they'll crack, and if they haven't sunk, I'll usually just push them down and then they'll crack.
Speaker 1: Open with a little root te it's like a little white tail. I'm sorry, did you say that? How many days? Forty eight hours?
Speaker 2: No? If I step an hour, I just I just may have than twenty four eight less and less than twenty four hours. Usually you should you'll see a crack, and if not, you could wait a little bit longer, but just continue to check it. Usually for the ones I did in the video, they were all twenty four hours. It was all less than twenty four hours, them at night, and then I think the next day I actually did the next step.
Speaker 1: So well, it will this is the first step. The second step would be you have to see in the video. Yeah, but we'll go through on our IG. I can't guess. Yeah no, but please teach it for sure. I just I'm more curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll go through all the steps now if you want to see it, check out the IG. So what you would have to do step two groovy would be in my opinion, and we'll go through some of the comments I have on read.
Speaker 1: It is it on YouTube? The video? Yes, it is, it will be No, it is short's already. No.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure you know. I just want to make sure, people are like, where I can you can say, honestly, start our shorts. Our shorts are really they're just check out his education there. There's a lot of good, valuable content there, and they're getting good feedback.
Speaker 1: There's actually comments on them. They were okay.
Speaker 2: But here you'd want to do is get paper towel, a zip block bag, shot glass with the seeds in it.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh wait, hold you said a shot a paper.
Speaker 2: Bag, paper towel, zip block bag, O glass with the shot glass or the shot glass with the seeds.
Speaker 1: Get a paper towel. No I had. I just didn't know. I didn't know I needed them. Well, because what you would do is you'd pull what I would do once the tails here. So this is for the next st. I take the seeds now.
Speaker 2: And I drop and I take I dump most of the I dump most of the water, and then I'll dump rest the water with the seeds in the paper towel.
Speaker 1: Get the paper towel. Damn not not soaking. You just want it, damn okay, and then you fold it.
Speaker 2: I'll fold it so it'd be like piece or one piece. Fold it right however you want to fold it, and then I'll put that in a zip block bag. Seal the ziplock bag, put in the cabinet, cool dark place. Wait about twenty four hours as well.
Speaker 1: So nothing too crazy that we have to demo. Just getting the paper telling demo or to damp on you. Once you get it to the public's the little stem paps. So once the stem pops, you put in your paper toweling, fold it damp, not soaking, and into a cool place. So that's it already in a zip block yep. And then now how long do you wait?
Speaker 2: I usually check it like the next I'll usually do it at night, and then the next day I'll check it to see where the roots are mine. Usually it's about twenty four hours. Usually again I think it was for me.
Speaker 1: So basically a day. Do the next step another day, and then and then with the roots.
Speaker 2: Once you see that the root tails out and it's long, because usually there'll be long.
Speaker 1: If it's if it's good at this point. If it doesn't go along, it's just little still or it looks.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you had the bag open and it's not staying like humid, a little bit in there that could be affecting it as well too. There could be a little factor so it might still live. Yeah, yeah, I would just make sure the paper towel is damp.
Speaker 1: When you give up on that seat, Like when like when would I be like, all right, this isn't gonna pop.
Speaker 2: Well if it didn't, if it has the tail and it didn't grow a root already from the seed trick, and then it's already not.
Speaker 1: I I probably after a couple after a week, for sure, I don't think you're getting anything day or two, okay. I wasn't sure if it was like, hey, I found twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: It'll give up once because like once you have the tail and you put in the paper towel, usually you'll see pretty good right of success.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I usually see like ninety ninety okay. So basically, okay, if it pops out of that original seat, like like first step, then it's gonna it has a better chance of going to step two. Okay. So that either I was wondering if maybe in step two there's a way to be like all right, this isn't gonna go anywhere sat or two. I think in the past that that happened. It still can't, okay, But I just asked the questions because I don't really know it's good for me. I'm really That's why I have to repeat things and ask things, and because this is actually how I learned, and most teachers can attest. I was annoying. Sorry, Oh, I know I don't earn any of my classes, are you?
Speaker 2: I work with you all the time, and we're always learning each other about high school.
Speaker 1: Bro. I mean I know we were friends, but like even then in high school. So yeah, me and groovy years of friendship. And Cannon David cannabis David today and so I can call him because he's wearing his like soon and tie over here. Yeah, actually I'm wearing a tie and I actually took off the tie.
Speaker 2: Didn't plan to come by. This was like we planned it on my lunch today, so I was like, all right, let's do it. But then step three would be once you open up the paper towel and you see the root tail out. You got to have the soil ready, and then I like to you always put the root tail down. I like to make so I get a soil cap, fill up the cup of soil, and then I make a little hole where I'll push the root. Puts your root down, so the head of the bean is sticking up, right, because that's where the that's where the Okay, I thought you first stem up, so you put stem down, route goes down, white, rude white.
Speaker 1: Route down, and then the seed pops up. That's interesting. I would have done the other way.
Speaker 2: Tops the green leaf first comes in with something like that, and then see root down. And then I always cover a little bit of soil. Be very very gentle.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: I should have said on the video, be very very gentle because if you're not easily, you could easily break that route in any stress to that you don't want to cause any stress. Yeah, And then you got to make sure that the soil is wet, right because it needs water, So don't make make sure. And as I'm rinding myself right now, my shit, i gotta go home and water though, because it's been a while. You gotta make sure the soil stays wet because I've killed a seed or two before and like years ago, or if he dries out, those seedlings will die real fast. So you always have I like to have like a spray bottle and I'll just spray the entire top of the water or the soil.
Speaker 1: The soil.
Speaker 2: I'll spray that until it's like dripping, and then usually i'll spray it even in the morning. So I'll spray it at night and the morning because you can water it, you can pour water on it. But if you're a newbie, you don't want to overwater a seedlings. So I think your best bet would just be a spray bottle and just spray at spray spray, spray spray, and then as the plant gets bigger, that's when you start watering it with the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and then you're basically at that point you just you.
Speaker 2: Seedling phase, which would be different story, which we'll get to as mine are seedlings. Well, this was fun.
Speaker 1: This is fun because I got to learn. I actually feel like I learned out how to do it on my own now for the first time. Because sometimes if I'm just asking you a quick question, you can teach me and like, yo, just do this this, and that doesn't really retain. But when I can ask the questions and repeat and kind of dig in a bit, it helps me really remember better.
Speaker 2: And I think that's going to help a lot of our listeners too, And I think it's good when we're we do.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, you know it on a somewhere you can just like sum it up and you're going to do that naturally, because that's just what you do, the same thing if I was describing writing music, right, I'm not trying to like overcomplicate it, but I'm going to ask you the questions that's going to help me understand whether whatever pace that's at.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I think this is a good exercise. We'll be doing more of it. But yeah, that's how you Germany. That's how you Germany seeds.
Speaker 2: So real quick shot glass, drop the seeds in store it, wait for the little tail to pop.
Speaker 1: Once you see that, put it in paper.
Speaker 2: Towel, ziploc bag, cool dark place the roots pop within twenty four to forty eight hours. Take the root tail, put it down into the soil, have the seed pop in all good summary, and then water with a spray bottle. Be very gentle with it. Don't over water and do not underwater because it will die.
Speaker 1: And it seems like the key is damp, not soaking. Correct. Correct, And then I'll go through a couple of comments from ready we got time, Yeah, you know for sure, No, that was a good Littleummary. I just wanted to make sure that I just didn't want to cut you off. No, no, no, perfect, I appreciate that I naturally want to ask questions.
Speaker 2: So so.
Speaker 1: So someone asked why the paper towel? Right? Good question? YEP? Is it because can I get a guess if I was to guess? Is it because you can stay retain that moisture wetness but also allows air to flow through. It's my guess pretty much.
Speaker 2: I would say the moisture is right on point because damp damp paper to how it holds in the moisture without drowning the.
Speaker 1: Seed right essentially? Okay? Cool? Yeah, because if you drown the seed, then the seeds seeds. That's drowning. Drowning is worst. What's is it? So it's equally as worse to overwater than underwater too? Yeah, you really want to go bad, very bad. Overwatering would be better than if you underwatered it. I'm just asking that you could overwater a cannabis plant and like effect yield. Okay, cool. When you said that, that's why I wanted to clarify. Cool.
Speaker 2: And then the guy responds, yeah, but why damn soil or coke or rock will does the same thing. Just seems like a step that is not needed this way, and then the other guy responded again. He said, this way you can verify the seed germinate before putting into soil, rather than waiting for it to pop in soil. So then you so you're saving time, so you're not going to be like, okay, is.
Speaker 1: It going to pop?
Speaker 2: Checking fragile stage, one person said this is how I do it as well, simple and easy follow And then I think I had I think the comment was actually a night.
Speaker 1: You put in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the check out missing gents. It's actually a mission gens I g and YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's just make our own rand thing. Yeah we can. It's just it's a lot to probably maintain. Yeah, I created one. I just it's just so I it was a lot, Okay, I know, I'm just I don't know. We can talk. I should just get a couple of moderators to run. It's what everyone wants to moderate. And you happen to be listening to you can probably get a head start on it because you actually listen to this whole podcast.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it is the idea, because bruddit is something I want to get more on Its just there's so many socials that try to get us on that.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, it's not social because we do all this other stuff too. If I was just just editing and it would be nothing. But it's because we're hosting, we're editing, we're socially the meetings, we're podcasting or streaming where clients or meetings or events. And then like I'm trying to even post on Candi date too, and then you're talking like just like just this music thing. However, but someone mentioned though I wish I could find it because it was a good tip they put in the ziploc bag, and I think they hang it upward. I've never done this, but it's so the seed rons grow up.
Speaker 2: Instead of like in the paper towel sideways, so it might be easier transplant.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never done that. But see what I'm saying by putting this out there.
Speaker 2: People are taught conversation, get the conversation rolling and that and that that's kind of where my head is.
Speaker 1: So and now you got two rock sand seeds. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Green Empress Garden said, I think this is great advice. It works well, the paper towel really helps keep moisture and regulate to have those tails develop.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Here it is here Alpine Valley Organics. These are all from my gen green tip. Only thing I can add is if you hang your sealed bag on a fridge with a magnet, it will allow for the seedlings to grow vertically vertical tails instead of twistytails. I myself go straight from water slash peroxide soaked to soil.
Speaker 1: Huh. So when you say that, would you put the seeds like in a you put the bag in a magnet and the seeds would just be at the bottom.
Speaker 2: You'd put to probably have the top of it going up because you want the seeds to go straight, so you'd have the seed facing upwards.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, So I'm just sorry. How would that sit in the bag like still at the bottom of the bag or you have to put it like on top of the magnet on the bad I'm just curious how the placement would work, That's all. I was a little magnet. I can't I don't really see visual pictures well in my head, so magnet, yeah, zip block, Okay, the seeds probably be right here, right in the center. Okay, Okay, so basically got to get allows this free free airborne. You need enough room for the roots to grow down. Well that's why I was That's where I was getting confused. I've never done it, that's my opinion. Okay, if you're listening out my valley, really cool tip. I just like I have a hard time picturing, so that's why I had to ask. But I mean, I bet you it makes sense, especially if you kind of get that airborne where you could grow down, Like I guess that's cool because you're basically promoting that's like how it grows that way. So it's interesting.
Speaker 2: So shout out to everyone that commented, everyone from right, everyone from Instagram in YouTube as well too, So we have we have a lot of cool stuff coming. This is a fun episod, so groovy. I appreciated doing a little little education.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, it was good. I like the questions. It was good.
Speaker 2: I feel like that is something that will be diving more into. We've talked about it in past, and I.
Speaker 1: Think we're finally to the point where I think I'm finally to the point where it's time to do it and stop around and let's just around find out. Yeah. No, honestly, I'm at the same point. Trust me, I got nothing to lose now I've been you know, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: I also just got published recently in my first article, which was fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Denver Voyage and shout out to our publicist, yes forgetting me hooked up with that interview, because that was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was cannabis everyone's bestie. There's a couple of things. Shout out to you, my canasty. I appreciate that it was.
Speaker 2: It was an honored actually be publicized and tell my story, uh, the first time being publicized. So I'm actually like smiling right now on it because it's very cool man.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's important, and I told you I've been trying to It was the point of us starting this ship was telling your story. It was also to just be a couple of podcasts then just so I'm gonna edit podcast and tell your story. And then now once we just kept telling your story over and over and over again because we realize how regular that story is. Yeah, people getting screwed for weed when they was they shouldn't and some people.
Speaker 2: Still don't even know about the story. They probably listened to us for soul because that's what that's just what happens. But be able to tell the story like that. And I actually talked to the guy, the guy who might have us back, might publicize us for Mechanic ass as well for the business.
Speaker 1: So Michael, get the business down there too. Very cool. Check it out. You can see the article on time you said voyage. Yeah, that was sweet. I was super pumped about that. So that was what happened to me last week. Yeah, I was like, I know, I am. We're doing we're doing it brow Yeah, you're group, we're doing things. Candidate is crushing my canon cast is we're doing our things. We're trying, we're doing our things. So we appreciate all you. I appreciate all the support. Keep sending us messages, let us not like the new segments, the demos, and we're gonna keep trying new segments.
Speaker 2: So yeah, say to newttle socials. I g my candic cast and YouTube my canon cast. Please follow us.
Speaker 1: On Candidate everywhere, Groovy two ease know why everywhere Mechanic Cast am I canon Cast everywhere
Speaker 2: Chet and as always groovy over here to advocate, educate, and inspire to next time me on PA