Speaker 1: Six forty is later with mo Kelli alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We're continuing to monitor the events on the five Freeway, so if anything changes other than the obvious, like the traffic getting any better, will definitely let you know. Mark Ronner is following yet in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom will have periodic updates. But there's so much going on, not only in southern California, but the world. Now that Hurricane Milton has left the area, we can focus on some of the issues surrounding the hurricane. I didn't know that we are at the point here in America that meteor weather folks, I can't even say the word weather. Folks are getting death threats because these conspiracy theories regarding the hurricane, regarding FEMA, regarding what the government is telling us, it has now pushed people to the point of insanity. I don't know who to blame. I just know that America is in a very dangerous place right now. We can point to the two assassination attempts against former President Trump. You may not know this, but the offices of Kamala Harris have been shot up three times in one month. That's where we are in America because for whatever reasons, we see the other side as the enemy. And now we're trying to threaten the live of weather people because they're somehow part of the deep state. They are now lying to us. They are pushing some agenda of climate change.
Speaker 2: No, they're trying.
Speaker 3: To save you, so you don't die in your house because there is a hurricane not generated by the government, a hurricane over your head.
Speaker 2: How did we get here.
Speaker 3: We didn't get here overnight, but we walked ourselves right up to this moment.
Speaker 2: We have forgotten the value of truth.
Speaker 1: We have forgotten the value of facts, and now we want to curate our world to fit our worldview. You didn't catch that we want to curate our world to fit our worldview, and this is what happens. We get angry. Then, when presented with facts, we get angry. When presented with weather, we get angry. And presented with the idea that the government does have a role to play in the management and protection of this nation, we're arguing back and forth about whether a vice president has any business calling calling the governor of a state, because somehow that's political. And if I had more time, I would detail all the ways that vice presidents usually do involve themselves when they're national issues, emergencies, disasters, because that is a person of the administration. The president may do one thing, the vice president may do another thing. But now everything's looked through the lens of politics. Everything is looked through some sort of conspiracy lens. I never thought in my life, and I hope that people don't take this as some sort of partisan comment, But I've never thought that I would ever experience a time in my life where a sitting member of Congress would allege that her own government, that she's a part of, mind you, her own government is somehow controlling the weather to the detriment of particular individuals of a certain party. I never, in my fifty four years of life would ever think that that would be a reality. But that's where we are today, and some people listening right now are aokay with it. If it's you, then it's you. But how did we get here? How do we get to the point where facts no longer matter? How do we get here to the point that we feel the need that if we don't like the political opposition, we need to take that person out. How do we get here. No, the actual the better question, the more important question is how do we get back from here?
Speaker 2: How do we go back to some sense of normality.
Speaker 1: How do we get to a point where we have a level or a modicum of respect for one another as Americans? Because maybe you didn't know there's an election around the corner and someone has to win and someone has to lose. God help us all when we find out who is who and what is what?
Speaker 2: Because I don't know if we'll be able to make it through this election.
Speaker 1: We can't even make it through two hurricanes in two weeks.
Speaker 2: But we're supposed to make it through an election.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to cast our vote and then trust that we can be adult enough and mature enough to accept the results. Or are we going to just assume if our person loses, oh well, it must be cheating. You know, it must be fixed, It must be rigged. You know, what's the point of voting? And then you take matters into your own hands and you shoot up someone's campaign offices or you take a shot at the at the candidate him or herself. And now we're taking making threats at whether people because that's where we are in America, and I would hope that you're not okay with it.
Speaker 2: You know how they say it's okay to not be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, America needs to come to the realization that we are not okay.
Speaker 2: We are simply not okay.
Speaker 1: We're not in our right mind, we are not healthy, we're not in a good place. We're not able to deal with the simple stuff, and a really sophisticated, difficult, complicated stuff is coming on November fifth and then November sixth, seventh, eighth, Because contrary to what you've been told, almost never is the president decided election night. Now it is a projected winner the night of the election, but voting and tabulation in counting that.
Speaker 2: Has always gone on for days.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get into all the statistical math, but projections are not actually determining the winner. But if you know statistics, you can tell oh, okay, you know they are only four hundred and thirty five thousand registered voters.
Speaker 2: We know what returns have.
Speaker 1: Not come in from this county in that county, and historically they're Republican or they're historically they're democratic, and so therefore we project that so and so is the winner of this state.
Speaker 2: Maybe didn't know that's how it's done.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't know that certain states are allowed to count in mail in ballots prior to election day and some have to wait until election day, and that's part of the reason why it takes the extra day or two or even three or four days. Do we really love America or do we really just hate the other side?
Speaker 2: It's not the same thing.
Speaker 1: You can't say I love America, but I hate the Republicans.
Speaker 2: No, that just means you love Democrats.
Speaker 1: I love America, but I can't stand the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that doesn't mean you love America.
Speaker 3: It just means that you just love Republicans and you're trying to use that as proxy. Wow, you really believe and really feel we are at a dangerous point in this country. And I cannot underscore that enough.
Speaker 1: Because the moment you think that the weather people are out to get you, the weather people, noah, people trying to protect you from hurricanes, They're in on the conspiracy.
Speaker 2: They're the ones trying.
Speaker 1: To kill you, along with the federal government with their weather machine.
Speaker 2: You know what. That's straight out of a movie. You talked about, the movie The Core.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, In the movie The Core, the government had this earthquake machine, and because they were using an earthquake machine, it made the core of the earth stop spinning.
Speaker 3: That's where we are now. We're just making it all up. Anything we don't want, just blame the other side. The sun didn't come out today, it's the Democrat's fault. It rained too much today. Well, it's the Republican's fault. I trust the results of election. Why because my guy's in office. I don't trust the results of this election. Why because they're guys in office. I say this with great sincerity.
Speaker 1: I love America with all my heart, but this is the dumbest place on the face of the earth.
Speaker 2: Two things can be true.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 1: And cities all around the state. They're getting tougher when it comes to homelessness. They're getting tougher when it comes to homeless people. Two different things. There's homelessness, how they're dealing with the trash, the garbage, the tents all I will say, the makeshift cities. And there's getting tough on homeless the people. Anaheim is now banning homeless people from occupying sidewalks and bus benches. That's one of three laws which were approved by the Anaheim City Council at their meeting earlier this week. This is as it's being described as preventing the city's homeless population from blocking public spaces.
Speaker 2: There are two things to this.
Speaker 1: Whereas I think most people would agree with the idea that you just can't sleep any and everywhere, you just can't lay down and block public spaces. The question that I've always asked and I haven't really gotten a clear and concise answer. Maybe next time Orange County DA Todd Spitzer comes on the show, he can tell me this. If he's listening right now, what do you do with the homeless person? It's one thing to say you cannot sleep here, you cannot leave your belongings here in these public spaces. It is now illegal. Okay, what does that mean? You cite the person? Is it like a violation of an ordinance and civic ordinance? Are you going to arrest the person? If you arrest the person, let's see this through to its logical conclusion. If you arrest the person, how does that person get out of jail? Can that person post bail? Probably not. Why say it with me? Homeless? How do we actually get to the heart of the issue. As I said, the new law will make lying down or sleeping on bus or park benches, or blocking driveways or entrances to businesses where the public is invited illegal. Emotionally, I agree one hundred percent something like this needs to be done. I always question the administration how it's going to be done. Nobody wants to have to step over homeless people just trying to go to the store. Or if you have your own business and you happen to be on let's say a kattella in Anaheim, you should be able to do something about the homeless person who's sleeping in front of your business, in front of the very door that people need to come in.
Speaker 2: And come out. I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking like, all right, this sounds good, but how exactly does it work out? And this is I would say, an expansion of what was already in place Anaheim's current laws. They already prohibit camping. Put that in air quotes camping on public property. But these laws did not specifically bar people from blocking public right of ways and businesses. There was a gray area between camping and living. There was a gray area between camping and sittying, resting loitering, and this made it somewhat clearer, and I did not know this. The second law, which was passed by the city council, it will now not allow people to either disassemble or sell bicycles in public areas within the city. I did not know that there was a bike theft issue within the city of Anaheim. About two hundred and fifty bikes, as I read here, are reported stolen each year in Anaheim, so there is I would say, a thriving market for bicycles and bicycle parts, and this is to help address that or curb that. Obviously, if they're not going to do it in public, then they'll just go inside and do it. It doesn't change that, but it's interesting that they're resorting to this to help address that. And the third law will expand the city smoking and vaping ban to public parks and to within twenty five feet of bus benches or one hundred feet from a school or daycare. Don't feel much of either way about that, because I've always been anti smoking, anti vaping, but the ban on people sleeping on sidewalks or leaving their belongings in public spaces. That's significant and I am really curious to see how it all works. Is it something that if someone's in front of your business, do you pick up the phone and call the police?
Speaker 2: And also do the police actually respond?
Speaker 1: Because I know where I am, I could call them for just about anything, and it takes a lot to get law enforcement to respond where I am in the city. Usually I have to call someone I know who works in law enforcement, because if you live where I live.
Speaker 2: They're not coming out for the most part.
Speaker 1: They're just not, especially for property crime related issues, definitely not for homeless related issues. So I would love to see how this is going to actually work.
Speaker 2: Take us through it.
Speaker 1: Does a person who owns a business, do they call the police and the police roll up and they see someone on the sidewalk? Do they arrest them? Do they just move that person along? And if they do arrest them, then what do you do? I mean, how can you verify identity? They may not be in the system. How long can you hold them? Habeas corpus? Okay, so what happens if they stay for more than three days in jail?
Speaker 2: You got to kick them loose.
Speaker 1: Then where do they go again, if they go right back to where they were living air quotes prior to being arrested. If it goes down that same path, then what do you arrest them again and start the clock all the way over. I think these are the things where the laws make sense on paper. I absolutely agree it makes sense. You can't have people sleeping on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: You can't have people creating a house in front of other people's businesses.
Speaker 2: You can't have that.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, we agree, But how does this work long term?
Speaker 2: What is the real application of it?
Speaker 1: How do you make sure that the rights of the homeless person aren't also violated?
Speaker 2: Or do you simply not care?
Speaker 3: And I suspect this the latter, because you just don't want to see homelessness. If you can get it out in front of get it away from your business, if you can get it away from your street corner, if you can get it out of sight, then it's out of mind, then you're okay with it. But I try to think about this big picture. I try to think about your rights as a business owner. I think about your rights as a private citizen, and I think about the rights of the homeless person.
Speaker 1: Because if anything. They are the most vulnerable in this equation. They have literally nothing. They literally have nobody defending them or protecting them, not out of this, not out on the street, and not within the system. And I don't know if there's a good answer to any of this. I do know that they're there are some problems that haven't been worked out, and I would be interested to see if they will be able to be addressed in a constitutional manner, because once you start criminalizing homelessness and you start locking up homeless people, you may have traded one issue for another. It's later with mo Keli k If. I am six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Oh, Mark got another good story for you. There's a California based lighting and furniture store, Lamps Plus. They're gonna have to pay four point one million for deceptive pricing. Imagine that another another company misleading the public. Sounds like science fiction. You're making this up. It sounds like science capitalism.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Sometimes I think we're misplacing our distrust if they are folks that we should not trust, if they're folks that really don't have our best interests at heart, and also have some degree of influence over our lives. I would say it's capitalism, it's businesses. And I'm not demonizing businesses. I'm saying they have more influence on your day to day lives than your government, if only because you're interacting with them businesses on a daily basis. You're going to the grocery store, you may go to the hardware store, or you may go buy a car, or you.
Speaker 2: May buy some gifts at the mall.
Speaker 1: You are interacting in a capitalistic sense just about every single day, probably not doing too much with your local or federal government. So, if anything, if you have businesses, and there are some, and I'm not broad brushing, but if you have businesses or who are going to take advantage of that relationship. And we talked about Kroger, and we talked about Albertson's taking advantage of that relationship because you need to buy groceries. What happens? Then let me talk now about Lamps Plus. Lamps Plus is going to have to pay more than four million dollars to settle a civil lawsuit.
Speaker 2: And it's just the first one.
Speaker 1: It may be more if other people come forward in filesuit. But in this civil lawsuit, they were accused of deceptive price and false advertising. Allegedly, lamps Plus advertised fault sales, false discounts, misleading price match guarantees, and deceptive comparisons of its prices to competitors.
Speaker 2: Sound familiar, it should.
Speaker 1: The settlement, which was agreed to back on September twentieth, requires the company to pay almost four million in civil penalties and another three hundred thousand four investigative investigative costs.
Speaker 2: Labs Plus is also prohibited from engaging in future misleading or false advertising, including advertising a misleading price match guarantee or offering a one hundred and twenty percent price protection policy. And as I hate to admit once again Mark Ronner being right, I think it's only fair that I acknowledge that the preponderance of evidence once again lands on your side of the argument when it comes to greed of corporate America.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you don't want to just take the devil's advocate side and argue in favor of cheating people just for fun, just for fun.
Speaker 1: Look, I could play the other side of the argument. I just can't find the other side of the argument to play. I see, I can't say Devil's advocate, Well, what about this or what about that? No, this is another example of a corporation taking advantage of consumers, and it's being done, I will say, under the cover of inflation, when you're offering false discounts because you know people are more desperate for lower prices.
Speaker 3: On I gotta do this for you, caveat emptor you got the free the invisible hand of the free market that just winds up spank and everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do it either. You're right, it's not supply, it's not demand. It's knowing that because people are more sensitive to the idea of discounts to the ideas of sales. I mean, this is not new. I would just call this old bait and switch. You know they're promising one thing, they'll offer you another thing. Or what they're promising you was never there in the first place.
Speaker 2: Now do fast food? Well, now do McDonald's. Which way?
Speaker 1: I mean, we could talk about how they've raised their prices having little or nothing to do with the actual raise of minimum wage.
Speaker 3: That's it, grasshopper, It's all related. It's all the same thing. So what if we learn class. Woah wah wah, greed is good.
Speaker 2: Where's Gordon Geko when you need him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that didn't hold up so well. Except for a small hand full of nasty people. The rest of us, when it comes to the greed is good aphorism, we get screwed.
Speaker 1: The thing is, we would we would like to think of ourselves as the ultra successful. We want to buy into the idea that if we buy into greed, we will also have a disproportionate amount of success.
Speaker 2: This is what I think it is.
Speaker 1: We want to identify with super wealthy people, but more times than not, we're not going to be that person. And so we're left complaining about the rent, We're left complaining about eggs, left complaining about milk gas and all at the same time, forget that, Oh, we were siding with the folks who are giving it to us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, landlords have been found colluding to jack up prices. Yep, we know that egg distributors manufacturers. Brother the chickens are actually the manufacturers eggs, but the egg distributors they've been found guilty of jacking up prices. Everybody on the list you just ran through has been found guilty of price gouging everybody.
Speaker 2: That's why I mentioned them specifically. What a coincidence?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, look, I just try to point I just try to say, look, some of these things are not what they seem to be. And I know it's easy to blame everything on inflation. I know it's easy to say that it's just not true because there is still a decision making process that businesses are making here. They are not raising prices relative to the cost of living increase or the rate of inflation. No, there record profits in this time of inflation.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to.
Speaker 3: One of my main goals in life is to get people to shake off the cookie cutter that we've been saddled with through disinformation and assorted media, which is not everything has to be filtered through your politics. I mean, if the groceries cost more than you think they should be, it's not the Republicans or Democrats fault necessarily, look at the people who profit qui bono, it's what lawyerspono who profits from this.
Speaker 1: I think your first point was the most salient point. Stop trying to filter everything through your politics. When you do, you always come up with the same answer. If you filter it through your politics, and everything must be the fault of the person or the group or the party which is anti your politics, And then you'll find yourself misleading yourself. You're not even being misled, you're misleading yourself because you're making the conscious choice to filter everything through your politics and see the world through this prism of.
Speaker 3: Right or left. It's a childish game. Everything you don't like is the fault of the other team. And sometimes it is sometimes, but it certainly isn't always. And you've got to drill down and get out of your information silo. Read a variety of things, be a smart and skeptical consumer of news as well as you're a consumer of anything else.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't start with what you already believe and look for affirmation or confirmation of what you already believe. You can't use that as a starting point where Okay, gas prices are high, let me work my way back from the Democrats are responsible. That's not a way to actually process information and figure out who might the culprit be.
Speaker 3: No, you're exactly right, and once again I despise when we agree. Okay, let's see if we can disagree about the next one. Okay, okay, it's about the Dodgers and Padres. You're not a sports fan, so there we go. Yeah, that's all yours.
Speaker 1: It's Later with Mo Kelly ca if I AM six forty, we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 1: You know that the Dodgers and Padres are playing in Game five here at Dodger Stadium tomorrow. Well, if you're trying to go to the game and you haven't already purchased your tickets, or even if you have purchasing tickets, beware because the scammers are out and they're looking for you.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna let you know sometimes I'm gonna be very transparent here and Steph and I know you don't know this, and I know Mark doesn't know this. If I open my mouth too fast, I think they call a subluxation of the jaw. My jaw dislocates. There's certain words almost impossible for me to pronounce for that reason. So there are times where I can't say certain words because my jaw will almost dislocate if I talk too fast. True story, true story. So there's certain words I just tried to avoid. And if you were to, if you were like to come into the studio Steph and I show you and you see my jaw pop out, and I know you don't want to see that, but and you can hear it click. So that's why I struggle with certain words, because my jaw really hurts when I try to say it. And I know admitting that in front of Mark Roner is going to come back on me, but.
Speaker 2: I do want to see it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll show you next break. Serious, Yeah, it's not cool. Did you see that? Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're kind of like a boa constrictor. Yes, I always suspected it's my hidden superpower talent. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, my dentist tells me be careful opening your mouth too wide or yawning too fast, because it can dislocate your job.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no, don't listen to him. That will serve you well in prison. Ooh ooh, ooh oh wow. Let's talk about the Dodgers instead. That wasn't no, no, no, no, wasn't funny, oh no, completely warranted. Thank you, Dodgers, Padres playing tomorrow Dodger Stadium, and you're probably thinking.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, there was no way that Dodgers are supposed.
Speaker 1: To win Game four, but you're surprised and now you're scrambling for tickets. That puts you in a very dangerous situation. Why because you might be desperate and willing to resort to methods to procure tickets which could get you separated from your money and you not get any tickets in return. There are scammers everywhere. If there's money out there, there's money changing hands, scammers, thieves, criminals, they'll want to get your money. If you're going to get tickets, make sure you just follow some just good common sense. Just buy from trusted vendors. Use websites like verified ticketsource dot com, and there you can verify that wherever you're buying the.
Speaker 2: Tickets is a licensed ticket reseller.
Speaker 1: Stub Hub and Ticketmaster just for example, not promoting them, but they offer guarantees against fraudulent listings.
Speaker 2: Also use protected payment methods.
Speaker 1: If you pay in cash, zell or by a wire transfer, it's kind of hard to get that money. Once it's gone, it's gone because when you pay in cash, obviously it's gone zell and wire transfer, though those are actual changes or exchanges of money, so once it leaves your bank, it's just gone. That's why a lot of people recommend using a credit card. Yes, I know you don't want to pay the interest on it, but if you use a credit card, you have greater consumer protection as opposed to using a debit card. And I'm guilty of this because I use my debit card everywhere and they always tell me, don't use your debit card. Well, okay, but you know I don't like using a credit card because I don't like paying fees or interests. I like what I pay is what I pay, and I don't have to think about it. I just finally recently got the first credit card I've had in I want to say, maybe twenty twenty five years, because I didn't want to have credit card debt and it was just for emergencies and things that I didn't want to use cash for. But it's good to have around just for emergencies. But anyhow, back to ticket scam. Also look for a refund policy if you're making a transaction and the details are not clear or you're unsure about what recourse you have in the event of a questionable transaction, then that means no, it's probably shady. Walk the other way. Do not buy off Facebook. Okay, now I know that they have the Facebook marketplace. It is one step above Craigslist. It's Craigslist with pictures. That's all it is. People have died, people have been murdered buying things off Craigslist. There's a reason why no one ever recommends buying off Craigslist. It's the same reason that I'm telling you not to buy off Facebook. Fake profiles, fake product that they're selling. No, it's not like Amazon. There's not like the seller verified. You know, it is really really seedy. So leave Facebook alone, and you know, follow just the old rule. If it's too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true any more jaw jokes, Mark.
Speaker 3: No, I want to see it again though, and preferably I'd like to film it.
Speaker 2: For later use.
Speaker 1: You have to put a microphone you can hear it pop. Oh even better. Yeah, you're almost like it's like breaking. Have you never bought anything from Craigslist?
Speaker 2: Never in my life. Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 3: You meet whoever you buy the stuff from, in a well lit public place. You examine the thing at hand before you hand over the money.
Speaker 2: It's like a drug deal. Yeah, it totally is.
Speaker 1: You have to meet somewhere where they you know, there's less likelihood of being shot.
Speaker 3: Meet on the steps of your local police precinct.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I've never purchased anything off Craigslist in my life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've bumped around Craigslist to see what it's like, but I've never ever purchased off Craigslist.
Speaker 3: I've done it quite a number of times, and you really have to keep your wits about you. Don't be stupid about it. Have they updated the.
Speaker 1: Website at all or does it look the same as it did in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: It looks exactly the same.
Speaker 3: It's pretty low tech, and you know, half the stuff that I bookmark on there, I'll return to it a few hours later and the thing's been flagged and removed. You always have to be careful.
Speaker 1: Look, if they flag and remove something from Craigslist, it has to be pretty bad. I don't know if they have any standards whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, whether it's a PlayStation or you know, an apartment rental, do your due diligence. Don't just make a deal and hand over your cash.
Speaker 1: Ever, it took me a long time to get comfortable with eBay, and this was in the early days of eBay, before they really tighten it up had the product guarantee money back guaranteed. Now eBay is a very good place to shop for things.
Speaker 3: It is, and I know Marsha Collier, but I've got a massive eBay hiss. And during the early days of it, I got took yeah a couple of times because you know, PayPal wasn't as widely in use. You send somebody a check, maybe you'll get your thing, maybe you won't. You'll learn the hard way.
Speaker 1: I I think I've been using eBay for the better part of almost twenty years now, somewhere around there, and I actually preferred eBay to Amazon because the more obscure things that I was looking for I could find on eBay.
Speaker 2: Like you can't, like, what are we talking about here.
Speaker 1: I'll say there was a song that I wanted which was out of print and it was not available to stream on Spotify. I actually bought a CD version of the music off of eBay.
Speaker 3: For example. Of really obscure things, Well, some things you can only get on eBay, but you still want to check. If you see something on eBay, look on Amazon get Yeah, if it exists on there, you'll see you'll get a base idea of what the price should be. Sometimes it's cheaper, sometimes it's not. Always do your homework, never just make an impulse buy. Amazon has turned into a mall, a big box retailer. For the most part, you feel safe in there.
Speaker 1: You can you walk in the store, you walk out with the item pretty much because you get it the next day.
Speaker 3: There are checks every step of the way. It's easy to follow. Yeah, and it's kind of like getting shoes at a Nordstrom. If if anything at all you don't like, you can return it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's much safer now. And I used to work at Nordstrom. Thatte no, that return policy is legit. We had people, and I worked at the North Strum and Redondo Beach is no longer there, they moved it to Dilamo, but the one uh redonald Beach on Hawthorne Boulevard at the South Bay Galleria. I worked in third floor girls department like two T, three T, four T Toddler. I knew all that stuff, but we had people and the return policy was we'll take no questions asked. Don't even ask a question, because that was against the policy. You're basically offending the person returning that tire. We had someone return a car tire, let me say, we'll take it. Don't ask why these shoes are covered with human blood, yes, or if it's human.
Speaker 1: They The thinking was, and this was mid to late eighties, early nineties, that they would get more business out of that person in the long run if they just accepted the return. And now I don't know if they still have that same return policy, but it was. It was so liberal, small l You could return absolutely anything in the world, and people were They were just taking stuff out their closet and returning it. Now it's a little bit different when you have all the Skew numbers and the digital references for all these products. It's a little bit easier to track. And I don't think there is eager just to take everything. I think Costco takes more stuff the Nordstrom.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, but Costco has a line and you've gotta do the cost benefit analysis.
Speaker 2: You've gotta work for it. That line is pretty far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta really want to take something back to endure that line at Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because basically, you're paying through your time. You're paying for that good. Now you may return it, but you're gonna pay for it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, and a lot of people don't figure that when they're when they're doing the math in their head, they don't figure in the time equation.
Speaker 2: K if I am six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Nothing Gets past Us week are on it KI and the k O S.
Speaker 4: T HD two Los Angeles, Orange
Speaker 2: Live Everywhere on the