Speaker 1: My name is Richard Graham, retired colonel through the SR seventy one for eight years. Book I wrote on Flying the SR seventy one as available. I think you'll enjoy it takes you through a complete mission from start to finish. I enjoyed talking with Steve Gates. I look forward to the next time we can talk more about the SR seventy one. Black you're listening to the Doctor skyshaow right now.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to ladies and gentlemen to the exciting show that you tell us you like so much, The Doctor Skyshow with great guests from the realms of astronomy, space, aviation and weather. As we continue here not only on the Internet, but also on major radio stations around the nation and around the world, I'd like to first thank our producer, extraordinary Doctor Dee, the audio physician at radio station KZSB that's out of Santa Barbara, California, and to the rest of you listening to us that is on coast to coast AM and so many other outlets and KTAR in Phoenix, the home of the Doctor Sky Show, we thank you so much. A veteran aviator and a military man himself, will be speaking now with a gentleman who certainly has the experience of flying one of the most amazing aircraft of all time, the amazing Lockheed SR seventy one Blackbird. And before we introduce our special guest at the State's Air Force, Colnell Retired Richard Graham. A short introduction to the book that we'll be speaking about as an order, entitled Flying the SR seventy one Blackbird. In the content on a secret operational mission. SR seventy one Blackbird covered the distance from Los Angeles to Washington, d C. In sixty four minutes, crew's sixteen miles above the Earth surface and avoided surface to air missiles by simply out running them. For anyone who has ever wondered what it was like to fly the SR seventy one on a secret mock three reconnaissance mission, Colonel Richard H. Graham, retired as the answers now is classic detail of account. An account of piloting the legendary Blackbird is redesigned and expanded with a new introduction select photos from his personal collection. Fifteen year veteran of the SR seventy one community, including time as a pilot and instructor Graham is arguably the world's foremost expert on piloting the Blackbird. Here he walks readers through the mission details from planning to donning a pressure suit bringing the SR seventy one safely back to base. And with that, proud guests here on the radio show who's appeared before, Colonel Welcome to the Doctor Sky Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you much, Steve. Good to be back on there with you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Sir, we go back just so the audience knows we've known each other for quite a while, and Colonel I think the most amazing day as far as my learning about anything about the SR seventy one. I'm going back in our time tunnel. You had the opportunity, or I should say I was given the opportunity by you to meet you at love Field and actually sit in something that many people probably never had experience, that is SR seventy one simulator, and I thank you for that. But with this book, Sir, I wanted to talk about this. This is amazing. We could talk so much about the history of this particular I, along with so many people, are just enamored by this and the great genius of the skun Clerks. With Kelly Johnson and ben Rich. Talk to us a little bit about your career so people can set the stage here with this interview and understand better you're involved in with this aircraft. Came from a long time experience while flying f for phantoms in Vietnam and so forth. Tell us a little bit about your background.
Speaker 1: Background starts actually with my father. My real father died when I was two years old. He was a merchant Marine and died in the Long Island Naval Hospital. My mother remarried two years later, and fortunately for me, she married a Corsair pilot through the Corsairs, and I got order and order up to the teenage. He had his license already, so he taught my brother and I both how to fly it. I sold out at sixteen and got my license right after that, and I've been flying ever since. Came in the Air Force. It's very lucky. I stayed on as an instructor F line the T thirty seven for three years, and then I got into the F fours and that got me over to Vietnam. I did the one year stint as an F four fighter pilot in Vietnam, and then I've spent another six months back in Vietnam as a wild Weasel pilot in the F four which Wiles Weasel goes after the SAMs. And after that, I got into the SR program in nineteen seventy four flew it all the way. In nineteen eighty one, they wanted me to be the squadron commander, so I reluctantly accepted that because I knew my flying days were over. It's one of the few flying units where the squadron commander does not fly the primary airplane. There's just not enough hours to fly an SR seventy one at the cost. And it came out of that. I went to the Pentagon for four years, and when I was in the Pentagon, I made colonel and I came back to bl Air Force Base is the vice wing commander for a year, and then after that year I became the wing commander at bill and with all the assets of the U two's ESR AC one fives deal amazing story. Retired and came aboard American Airlines for thirteen years and I'll retired from that.
Speaker 2: It's a great story and we're privileging honored to have retired. United Stare Force Colonel Richard Graham talking about something that he knows so well. One of America's most amazing stories about America's spyplane and so many other people involved in the mission. You and the Rso with Don Emmons, you're naturally called I guess your name's flight names, either on the side of the airplane or just as they called you Snake and Nate. Nate, tell us a little bit about how you guys got to the Snake and Nate.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know where you got How many people know that that was our nickname. I was Snake and he was Nape, and it sort of evolved because that was my favorite ordient. I should say that my best ordinance. I like drawing it dropping it over in the Vietnam But you go like a bat out of hell, and you go. It's low and as fast you can go, and you pickle off. Nasty. It's it's not made for the sensitive people because it's a very nasty instrument that I really like dropping it down on a freelove.
Speaker 2: Wow, powerful stuff, And we could talk forever about the wonders of the F four F four phantoms forever. We collect a lot of military patches and such. But how did Don get his name his flying name Nate. What's the story behind that.
Speaker 1: Well, it just sort of became Snake and Nate Palm. He was actually the he inquired the Snake part of it, and I was the Nate part of it. And just because he does all the secretly stuff in the back and the SR. He controls all of the high resolution cameras, all the sensors, all the jammers, and so that's why he gets the snake. Nate.
Speaker 2: Wow, fascinating that stuff.
Speaker 1: We every crew that came in, we helped them with some kind of a front seater and backseater combination.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, this is an amazing kernel. I mean, going through this book, I want people to go ahead and look at getting this book again and titled flying the s R seventy one Blackbird in the Cockpit on a Secret operational Mission. And though I'd love to be talking about the history of the airplane, I believe what this book's main context is is to talk about how the aircraft when you get in it from the pressure suit side all the way to flying it. And you have so many amazing illustrations in here, and again this is you know, this is so amazing because all this is unclassified. I can only imagine what the classified stuff is because you basically give everybody from the most amazing person who loves video games, I'm sure they'd just like to jump into the cockpit. So start off if you wouldn't, or short interview to day sir, and just describe the process. I mean, you wake up at a certain time like astronauts do for their flights and pre checks and things. Describe this to us. You're told my higher command the missions about some of it, I'm sure was very secret. But let's talk about the human side of this. You get up, you get showered, you get into your pressure suit. Talk all about the importance of this pressure suit. Because this is an aircraft, right colonel, that's flying upwards of sixty five thousand feet. And I'm saying that for a reason, because you're the expert here. Once you get above that altitude, even if you have oxygen mask on, you're into a dangerous zone where the whole body want could be seemingly destroyed in a matter of seconds. Describe the pressure suit, the process of getting into it, and the necessity of making sure that everything from the ring locks on the gloves, the helmet visor is properly secured for pressure resition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pressure suit is your survival. If you have to echeck that anything above seventy thousand feet, you have to realize that just like water, it boils here at sea level at one hundred degrees fahrenheit, that's the boiling water you sho you go higher an altitude, the boiling pressure, the pressure of the altitude being less and less, the boiling point goes lower and lower, and the actual our body temperature of ninety eight point six degrees pharadheit starts boiling. It's seventy three thousand feet Euoretically, anything above six seventy three thousand feet, if you didn't have a pressure suit on anything, your saliva, your blood, everything would start eventually boiling off. And that's why you wear the pursure suit. So that's the main rule to save your life more than anything. It's built by David Clark, a very good suit. It's been modified many many times over the years and with a lot of more safety things put into it. I always it takes about forty five minutes. But when you get down and suit up for the in SR, you get down and get out of your plate suits and then on your long drawn underwear and slip your feet in. They zip it up the back and you lay down and put the helmet on, and then you lay in these big oversized chairs and they go through every button, zipper, everything in the whole suit to make sure it has it's the integrity that it'll save your life. And you know, you have a cooling vent where you keep cooling air all the way out, so you're until you hook onto the airplane's air conditioning and it keeps you cool the whole time. And you go out in a van has an oversized chair for both you and the back seater which is RSO Reconnaissance Systems Officer, and go out to the airplane. You climb up, get all the connections meeted to the airplane and away you go.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. And as we continue here on the Doctor Sky Show privileging on her, this is not the first time the Colonel has been on with us, and certainly not to last as far as I'm concerned. We could talk forever, and so this audience of course is getting entertained and education at the same time. Colonel, So I'm grateful for your time and your service to this great country. His book, Flying the SR seventy one Blackbird in the Cockpit on a secret operational mission, well over two hundred pages, goes into amazing detail, ladies and gentlemen, only about the instrumentation on board the co in the cockpit, I should say, basically want colonel analog. I mean we say the word again, analog days. This is before the days of having what glass cockpit capability of my rank.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great, totally amazing. Yeah, I wrote that book. That was my third book I wrote on ESR just I wanted to take the reader on a complete mission from start to finish. Man, we go through the entire checklist from the time we get in the cockpit until we come back and land, and I think it does a justice of giving the reader a good feel of what it's like to blow ESR seventy one.
Speaker 2: And you're doing a great job, colonel. You know a little backstory on this, and it's kind of humorous to me. We're friends with Colonel Frank Murray, one of the A twelve drivers. Yes, and I'm just reading something here from your book, and I quote here the first flight a Blackbird and A twelve occurred on April to twenty sixth, nineteen sixty two, flown by Lucky test pilot Lou Shank, was a single sea blackbird flown by the CIA civilian pilots under the development program called Project and Project ox Cart. They flew sorties, as you know, out of Okinawa, Japan, of the operational code named black Shield, and they flew for a long time from May nineteen sixty seven. The program was especially terminated in May of sixty eight. They flew twenty nine sorties, twenty six over not to Vietnam and three over North Korea. Colonel this was a funny story, and I'm sure I'll get a chuckle out of you, Colonel Murray. He's just, you know, he's amazingly funny to me, and what an amazing veteran too. But he said to me, you know, Steve, he said, we had the A twelve and that was a single theater and he said, we used to call that the sport model. And then I said to him, really, and I said, well, what did you call the SR seventy one? He said, I called that the family Wagon. And I thought that was I thought that was cute, don't you thank Colonel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. All of the eight twelve guys that are still alive, they come to our reunion. We have a reunion of the SR program, yes, every two years, and they generally show up.
Speaker 2: Well, let's move on in the short time we have here. Now, you're in your firstsure suit, you're all checked out. You're in the like astronauts, ladies and gentlemen. You know, you see them in the little van that goes out to the spacecraft and in this case it's amazing other worldly aircraft, the SR seventy one. So colonel describe X. You're obviously getting the cockpit, the rso's and seat tell us without revealing national security things here, I mean, what's the next thing? You go through your pre flight checklist, what are some of the things that you have to do and also including up to starting the amazing A fifty eight engines.
Speaker 1: Once you get into the cockpit, you have to realize that there's always two crews prime for the mission. There's the primary crew and what we call the backup crew. The primary crew is going to be the flyers and the backup crew. They study the day before like you do the entire mission, because if you show up the next morning you're sick or can't hack it, because you have to take a physical before every flight in the airplane. If you don't pass the physical, then the backup crew is called in to take over everything being normal while you're getting suited up. The backup crew will then leave operations and go out to the airplane and the hangar and they go through the whole checklist, all the way right up to the start engine checklist, and they make sure everything's working. And then when we crawl in the airplane with the pressure suits on, we pick up the checklist the start engines, and that's the firs thing we do.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: It didn't take too long. You're in the hangar for about fifteen minutes to the taxi out. The backup crew are in a car. They lead you out. They want to make sure there's nothing on the taxiways or runways going to blow a tire. Each of the main tires and the nose tire are four hundred psi gasius nitrogen and very high pressure, and you run over a nut or a bolt out there, it could actually cause you to have to abort the whole mission.
Speaker 2: Well, Colonel, now I go to the UMER Department here once again, and we celebrate ladies and gentlemen. This interview is being conducted here in the early portion of May twenty twenty one, and Colonel, is you no. America's first astronaut to be launched on a suborbital flight May five, nineteen sixty one was Alan Shephard. And the reason I'm mentioning that talking about suits, I'm reading this and I was like saying this on another national show that here he is getting up at whatever on godly hour, having steak and eggs for breakfast, getting into his suit, getting into the Redstone and Mercury capsule in Redstone Rocket and you may know this too. He's lying on his back. They were having a four hour hold and guess WoT Colonel. His spacesuit had no contingency for when mother Nature called, so he had urinate. And I'm saying this to a family friendly audience in the spacesuit puddling and pulling up the urin in the back of his suit. Started to get too much information, But the concern was that he would have shorted out some of the spencers. And he said after his flight, and I know you've probably known this very well, but the audience may not, Hey, guys, this rocket was built by the lowest bidder. But going back to the serious side with our special guest, colonol Richard Graham SAR seventy one pilot extraordinary, talk about the contingencies that were in your suits, because obviously you're in there for flights to how long a duration and what were the contingencies built into the suit to prevent you from having the same Alan Sheppard moment.
Speaker 1: We had what was called a UCD that stood for your Collection device, and a UCD is nothing more than a extra large, thicker rubber condom basically, and it's got bell crow. It's got bell crow on one side. When you put on your long John underwear, which is what you use inside the pressure suit, the long John underwear has a bell crow also, so you just sort of slip it on if you will, make sure it's mated, and then it goes hose and on your knee you have little valve. I've just done a little zipro one on my knee and I opened up the valve. Now it's got a free flow from where it's going to collect it all the way down into my pocket and my left leg there's a sponge down here to absorb it all up, so we walk around.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's all taken care of. So just that there's nothing else taking care of when we've.
Speaker 2: Met so many others do well, we've come a long way, right, Colonel's discover it first astronauts in space and how to use what you need to do when mother nature calls. But on a very serious note, now the aircraft has given clearance for going down the runway taking off. I know this. You have a point of contention with this because I read these books from and back and you're describing here how you find so many people in the immediate world, and maybe some airline pilots or people who are in the know, they talk about that theser so anyone had to take off with not even a full payload of fuel, and you have a different view of this because that's not always the case, am I right? No?
Speaker 1: The reason we just there was only one mission we flew and it flew it out of Oknawa. We call it the Rocket Ride. It's the only mission where we really took off of a full load of gas. It's eighty thousand pounds of gas. The airplane weighs sixty empty, So you've got one hundred and forty thousand pound airplane with a very high speeds going down a runway and with a heavy load. It's just not worth it. We've had back in the early days before I got into it, where they had some problems at Feel where they had an airplane where the tires blue and it became a ball of fire. The crew got out okay, but the airplane was the right off. So because of that, we take off with a partial load of fuel. Generally around you know, forty five pounds of gas. It holds eighty thousand, So you're going to hit a tanker right after takeoff wherever you go anywhere in the globe. You'll take off with a partial load, and then you'll get a refuel right after thirty minutes forty minutes to get to the tankers, and then you take on a full load of gas. And now the airplane has a maximum amount of gas eighty thousand pounds, and that'll make you go through the entire flight that you're going to be on.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. Describe this rocket ride because many people out there that are in their own pilot license routine and people who want to go out get a pilot's license. You're talking about this fastest aircraft ever that we know about. I mean, to get altitude. If you had to get up to that altitude, and I'm assuming you're talking about plus sixty five thousand feet, what's that ride like? I mean, from the human side, it must be just outrageous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Once you come up with the Tiger, you light the affro burners. We do a little what we called a dipsy doodle where you climb up subsonic and they push the nose down. You want to go through the sound barrier on your way down. It's the most economical way to save fuel to go through it real fast because there's a big drag area around them. So we do the snipsy doodle. And then once you get to MAK one, we start going up and we just climb at four hundred and fifty knots. I'm going to say a number here. It's called keys Nazi equivalent air speed. We don't use air speed or miles prow the equivalent air speed. Yes, and we just sold a four and fifty knots all the way up. And once you get seventy thousand feet, you'll be leveling off and be guaranteed you'll be at mock Tree at that time. It's just a slow gradual increase of mock as you go up at the same time.
Speaker 2: Is right, Is there any sensation of being at I mean, if you're pushing mock three plus three plum point one, nothing, you don't feel this at any way? Shake your part.
Speaker 1: No, It's a nice, slow gradual climb and as you climb, you're accelerated at the same time, and you'll look you'll off at seventy thousand feet basically everyone because you come off the tankler with the same amount of fuel and you're gonna live off about seventy thousand, seventy one to five maybe, and you'll be at mock Tree and then from then on while you're super sonic, we always keep the airplane in about a three hundred foot per minute rate of climb all the time, whereas with most airliners, like when I flew from market, you have to be at a hard altitude. You've got to remember once you get above sixty thousand feet anywhere on this globe, we own in the entire airspace, so it's amazing. We just have a climb. If the airlines could do that, they would actually have some kind of infanteslalite maybe enter twenty feet per minute rate of climb as well.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So, from your knowledge, sir, for the latest in corporate jets, I understand a lot of the corporate aircraft can fly wid up into the high maybe low fifties. Am I correct in this? They never reached the altitude.
Speaker 1: Here exactly right. They're starting it up into the fifties, the low fifties.
Speaker 2: Totally amazing. You know, folks, this is an amazing time to celebrate not only this gentleman's service to our country but all veterans. But we're having a special conversation here, and there are always conversations. Colonel Richard H. Graham, United SAIDs Air Force, retired. He's the author of many books on this particular amazing aircraft, Kelly Johnson and Ben Ritz's story which would take up hours and certainly hopefully someday we could do that. If it's okay with you, colonel, just talk more about history. Fine, but this book talks about this and here's the title, Flying the Srsveny one Blackbird in the cockpit in a secret operational mission. So now let's talk about something that I'm so fascinated about and I hardly know obviously as much as you do on this, and the listeners are excited to hear that. The J fifty eight engine, I think from what Ben Rich did, the father of what I call the inlet technology, this is a RAM type engine. I'm using basic terms here, so at mock three point two, I'm just reading this. The J fifty eight engine, I think produces, as it says here, twenty percent thrust, but the inlet produces eighty percent thrust. And this is amazing. So in the simplest terms for us out there that just think about jet engines as being jet engines, this is a different one to JAY fifty eight.
Speaker 1: The engine. I'm going to give you a real simple analogy. I talk to a lot of audiences and they are sure they always wonder, how's how's that engine? The thirty four thousand pounds of thrust for each engine for a total of sixty eight thousand pounds of trust, those must be tremendous jets. Well, it's not the jet, it's the way it turns. It uses the spike. If you look at the SR seventy one inlet. It's got two spikes out in front. Spikes are on a retractable schedule. They're locked forward and they unlock it passing through one point I want to say, four mock they start unlocked and they start moving back ever so slowly into the inlet. And what they're doing is capturing that shockwave right at the endpoint of that the spike, and they're bringing it shockwave into the inlet. Which any airplane you've ever phone F four, T thirty eight, anything that can go supersonic, you do not want the shockwave to come into your engine. It'll flame, you're out in a heartbeat. So this shoot bike, it controls the shockwave so it doesn't get through the first stage compressors of the engine. And that's where we get the RAM effect. What I tell all audiences in a very simplistic manner, here's what's happening. If I gave you a garden hose right here on the ground, and I had no spout on the end of it, just an open garden hose, and I turned it on full speed, and I told you to put your hand over the nose of it. It would then go from about two feet in front of you, and I could squeeze it and it'll go about thirty forty feet out in front of me with a lot more velocity. Well that is exactly what's happening inside that inlet.
Speaker 2: It's amazing because I'm looking at you know.
Speaker 1: It was a very simplistic, simple, But that's water is the same thing as air. They're both mediums.
Speaker 2: So I guess insummation, it'd be something like this at mocks A three point two air enters the inlet slowing down the process or the engine thing two point six mark I'm reading, which equals pressure and temperature, and that produces energy and the RAM recovery turns it into trust. So that's where you're getting your extra effort to move the engine and move the aircraft, I should say time and space. So that whole yeah, that whole story, the J fifty eight. I mean, that's real genius to me, don't you think I mean that it's well, it's.
Speaker 1: A genius in a lot of things they've built that it's fatten with me, and it's got a unique ignition system. As you know, probably most jet engines, any jet engine I've ever flown, my life. You ignite them with igniter plugs, nothing more than a hot spark plug like we have in our cars, and most jet engines have two of them for redundancy in each engine. Well, they tried it with our fuel, which has a very high flash point, and it just drowned it out. So Kelly Johnson, who was the president of the Lackey skunk Works, he put his engineers together and said, how are we going to light this fuel off? And they came up in a very unique system. It's a liquid chemical called trithol boring EEB. We called it TEB for short. Yeah. If I had it in my hand right now in my house in a sealed squirt gun and I squirt it out of this gun right here in my house, it goes k boom when it hits the atmosphere. That was our ignition system. So a liquid chemical ignition system.
Speaker 2: Wow. Not something you want to go to a circle k and get a big gulp and put that in there. Of course, I mean that's a highly explosive to as you say, But it helps turn those Why because the turbines are so stiff To get the turn, I guess you got to get something to fire it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, use the oil on it. When they fill it up with oil, they have to preheat the cans so it'll pour into the into the engine and it's very, very thick, and it just couldn't turn it with a volume of air. So they use Buicks. We have viewing starting carts. Two Buick Wildcat engines would put out one thousand and sixty horsepower in Tantum And they go to us driving shaft and it's some mechanical shaft that's connected right to the bottom of the airplane the J fifty eight engine, so you have a mechanical shaft rather than air like airliners do. And every other JIT.
Speaker 2: And then on your secret operational missions, which obviously many of that bits of information I'm sure classified, they have something called as asars and these are what these are sensing pods that can do everything coursing, obviously optical imagery and then some other things. That's the purpose of the secret mission obviously to find that's it.
Speaker 1: Those are the censors, the acrs, and that's it was a radar imaging system was asars. We usually get a picture down to about twelve inchure resolution by eighty thousand feet mocked three speeds. We could get real good clarity out of it with radar, so it was what are we called our all weather camera, if you will totally imagine we had, and we had two other cameras on the airplanet were even down to three venture resolution, which are actually photographed kind of images rather than radar.
Speaker 2: You know, folks, if you're wondering how fast this aircraft could fly from point A to point B, you know this because you lived it with the records and I'm just looking at this and I'm quoting this right from your book. Here New York to London one hour and fifty four minutes. But the most incredible one, I think is the Los Angeles to Washington d C. Sixty four minutes and twenty seconds. Yes, folks, I'm going to repeat that. Sixty four minutes in twenty seconds, right, colonel, beats any of your commercial airliners and puts it to shame. And the most SR seventy one flying time. And by the way, through your courtesy, I was able and grateful to get in touch with the man who has the most SR seventy one flying time, Lieutenant Colonel JT. Vita, with fourteen hundred ninety two point seven hours. He was an interesting interview too, and I want to thank you for everything that you've done sort of long learn and teach us about this most amazing aircraft. I just like I said, I hope we can do this again. Talk a little bit more about the history, but give me your from the human side. I want to ask this as how always do our guests? What do you want people to get out of this book? And then give us a little bit of information on why this program was so important? What the United States gained from the SR seventy one program.
Speaker 1: Well, the book that you're talking about, that that's one of the five I've written, but that one I wanted to I found out there was an audience out there wanted to know all the details. In fact, so it's actually the flight manual in my version, I sort of make it my dumb and down a little bits us as technical as a flight man. Yes, and so it takes you on a complete mission from starting to finish. There's an audience out there that wants to know all those little details. That's the book.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the book to get ladies and gentlemen. That concludes this exciting interview. As we continue here well over fifteen years on the Doctor Sky Show, heard locally, nationally and around the world. To this format too, our special guest, Colonel Richard H. Graham, United Say, Sir Force retired once again a book, Ladies and gentlemen, if you even the slightest bit interested in aviation, you're an existing pilot or also a military veteran of any of the armed forces, are simply just someone who wants to learn about something totally amazing. The book is entitled Flying the SR seventy one Blackbird in the Cockpit on a Secret operational Mission. Colonel, thank you, and please stay on the line as we go to the heartbreak at the bottom of the hour that concludes this edition of the Doctor Sky Show. With the help of our producer extraordinaire, Doctor d He's the audio physician himself. He does everything on the back end and as I try to do my time and my part on the front end is Radio Station AZSBAM twelve ninety and Santa Barbara, California. Doctor Sky simply reminds everyone what Colonel, always remember to keep your eyes to the skies, as every day I'm trying to earn the opportunity to be what you're navigator on the Highway to the heavens. And thank you Colonel for being our navigator on the SR seventy one Blackbird.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, my pleasure, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Steven